shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies. Hope everyone had a good night's sleep and wakes with energy renewed.

@missy Wow Tommy's eyes are so beautiful! As always, your poetry is brilliant Missy, I really think you could write a book of poetry. It is very unnerving to say the least, we worry about our fellow travelers on this planet and our American family, it's truly scary that hospitals will be overrun and there isn't enough equipment to keep people alive. Life is so off kilter, so skewed, but you have your funny and wonderful Dad, your beautiful Mom, sister, brother in law and those gorgeous nieces and the piece de resistance, GREG.. one thing that has really crystallized for me Missy is, the world is very small, we need more together and less apart, if that makes sense to you. Your beautiful furkids are wonderful and beautiful and totally innocent. You give so much to others, you are unique. :) Chris told me that it was lovely today in Brooklyn, as he looked out his window, this new place he rented doesn't have rooftop access. sending love to you and your beautiful family.

Aww Kate the very great and wonderful! That wasn't my poem but I wish it was. I agree it is a brilliant poem. Moving. Life is off kilter right nw and I agree. Praying we all remain well or if we get sick we can easily recover without needing a hospital bed or ventilator because we probably wouldn't get one anyway :(
The world is very small and we are all in this together. How is Chris doing? I am thinking of him and you and everyone and this nightmare will be over one day and we will be OK!

So we are getting closer to all this 'stuff' with the architect, of course everything is shut down now so we can't move on, but we have a great plan and it's ready to be priced out now, I just hope the builder who's been working with us comes in at a decent price.. gosh he's done a lot. The architect I wouldn't give a plug nickel to but John thinks I'm too hard, meh.

Auti fell at daycare and now has a bruise under her left eye and some little tyke bit her! So Mike calls me last night and tells me this, I hang up and say to John "Are the nuts! is this place safe???" I know they both need to work to make their life, but gosh.. I hated daycare and Mike was in it for 3 years, Chris never. I'm a nutcase on safety for my child (and other people also).. I cannot watch Autumn every day, I am just too old and my shoulder is shot, but I wish she didn't have to go. But for now her daycare is closed! so she will be home awhile anyway.

Nothing new besides the above. Sending peace to you all, we need it.

Oh sweet Autie! I hope she is feeling better today and her bruise going down already. Sweet baby. I hope they are super careful with her going forward at the Daycare place now. That is not OK. You are right though you cannot watch her every second of the day. Please take care of you and John. Autie will be A OK> I am glad you are getting closer to finalizing architect details and that the builder gives you fair prices too. Sending you hugs and lots of love dear girlie Kate the Great. XOXO.

Re Spain and Italy: the way I understand it from over here, is that the systems (which normally are quite good actually) are totally overloaded. The numbers needing intensive care is simply higher than the number of respiratory machines. Germany is trying to help, receiving patients and sending equipment. China has also sent both equipment and doctors. In the Nordic countries, we are trying to delay infection rates by using “stay at home” measures. Not to stop the virus but to allow the hospitals to keep up with the number of people that needs intensive care. After almost three weeks, about 30 - 50 people per 100.000 citizens are registered infected in the Nordic countries. But please keep in mind that we basically only test those who are sick to determine what kind of treatment they need. So probably many more who are infected. Many young people too are hospitalised, but so far the hospitals have been able to save all but the old and sick. But here we have free health care. So I worry for countries where health insurance is needed and many don’t have any. Or Africa where hospitals are scares.
Stay safe!

@Scandinavian It is the same here. This country is (was is more like it now hearing Trump decree everyone back to work April 12) trying to slow the spread so our healthcare system and hospitals don't become totally overwhelmed. Unfortunately it is too late. And we are out of ventilators needed very very soon. Choices will be made taking away from the older and giving to the younger. I am sick about it. We are all older (not you but everyone in my family and many of my friends and loved ones) and my parents are old. Why are we going to run out of ventilators? Why isn't something being done? Why aren't factories ramping up production of PPE and ventilators above all else? Why are the politicians valuing the health of the economy over human life RIGHT NOW. We can worry about the economy later. Let's try to keep and get everyone well and then take care of that. Prioritization. It makes me sick knowing that is the way it works in the USA now. Only the strong will survive and damned be the old and weak and sick. They don't matter. #nowords

:(

Sending you and Furbaby 1 and 2 and DD and DS and DH and your mom and grandmother lots of hugs and well wishes.

@Slick1 more hugs and good wishes and lots of love. Stay well. Stay strong. Please hug Chase from me.

Good morning.
Glad to see that the NIRDI boat is afloat.

When this morning I had to print out some papers in my home office, (which I started using as a walk-in closet last year when there were houseguests in the downstairs rooms for the wedding),
I was reminded of how much I love this little room. It’s on the fourth floor and looks down on the river & gardens. Sometimes I sit in the window to watch the birds on the rooftops and the people on the street.
Anyway I took a couple of photos. As you might tell, I have a thing for antique rosaries : )
D15B6EFD-A5E4-45F7-8F35-C7953625513D.jpeg

1424DFF9-C0C3-49C4-8FEA-8FC2FADFF2E9.jpeg

Lovely lovely. The light is so romantic and has a wonderful feel. I can see why you are at home here. <3

@missy I loved the blooms! I see that somethings are still "right" in this universe.

Amen to this. There is still something right and alive and kicking. And I hope all the NIRDIs remain the same. We still have a lot of life to live and a lot of love to give. Take that Covid 19!
And yes we have to laugh every day many times a day. Beats the alternative. And we will make it through. And LOL yes @Dancing Fire needs to give you (some of) his watches. ;-)
(((HUGS))) Sharon. Stay well and take care of yourself as you take care of others so selflessly.

Edited to say I was kidding I would barter for salad. It’s true I wouldn’t get any takers..:lol:

If we lived closer I would gladly share all my produce with you Joanne! I would share everything we had with you and all the NIRDIs. No question. (((HUGS))).

@missy yes we will get through this. We don’t see a lot of the horrible things people deal with everyday so any of these stories are hard to watch. Glad you had a lovely day and got bananas. That is great you got some cat food delivered. The medical supply shortage is awful but I believe it’s totally a case where only hindsight could have predicted the necessity to have those things on hand in such large quantities. I am sure supply chains are trying to catch up and build a surplus but of course it doesn’t help those who need them now. Ha Ha I like your dad’s mask.

Haha my dad and his sense of humor. I love him so much. The bananas we got were eh. Produce seems to be running last time we went to the market yesterday but hoping they restock. Hoping supply chains keep providing fresh produce to the markets and people.
Since I have Marty’s commute to work now I slept in; then since I decided to start and quit work 30 minutes early I barely made it to work in time; by the time I remoted in to everything I was 2 minutes late. Oh well, I’m over it.

I spent a lot of time on conference calls today. We all have a meeting with my boss at 8:30 and 3:00. 4 of my 5 employees keep joining the meeting late and of course you know my boss is pretty grumpy so I heard from him about it and had to get after MM to get logged in on time. Shocking she did nothing but deflect. Then she and the other gal working in the office were talking and not muting their phone so I had to send out conference call etiquette to them. MM did log in at exactly 3 this afternoon; it’s rude to the rest of us waiting for her.

Marty keeps hauling in more and more equipment from his gym so he can work out here. Funny he finally hooked up a Joey to the TV in my gym so now I have TV in there. It’s high but at least I have it hooked up finally. Sweet.

Glad Marty moved all to his new home gym and haha having Marty's commute is sweet indeed. Sorry you had so many CCs yesterday and hope today is calmer. Though thank goodness you have a job that needs you. I am not concerned about Greg's job because frankly I just want us all to get through this and I don't give a fig about money or work health right now. Truly. Nothing matters if we don't get through this. But I know we will.

@Niffler75 so relieved for you that your DH is working from home. Hope you and your son and your DH and your kitties are doing well. How is Hershey tolerating the thyroid med? Sending you hugs and comforting wishes. We are going to be OK.

It's a rainy day here and after yesterday's breathtaking day what a contrast indeed. Shows how life can change in a moment. Jimmy texted us yesterday that he was at the ice cream shoppe and wanted to know how we were doing. We have been communicating almost weekly. IDK what he was doing there but did not want to be nosy so just responded and sent him a photo of our magnolia tree. Staying in today and just doing our new normal routine. Breakfast and internet, working out with weights then elliptical (greg on bike) and so on and so forth. The days take on their own rhythm and with every fibre of my being I pray we all stay well and strong because everything else we can deal with after this crisis passes.

Sending you all love and hugs.

Sharing a rough poem I wrote last night.
I might work on it later perfecting it or I might not. I just had to get it out.

Today the sun is shining
The skies are extra blue
The trees and flowers blooming
A feeling of life renewed

People on the street
Numbering very few
Keeping a 6 foot distance
Barely glancing at me or you

Eerily quiet
Then the sirens blare
It's our new normal
For as long as it's here

Taking it day by day
One hour at a time
It's going by in a blur
Of mindlessness and rhyme

One day we will be through it
But that day is far away
Right now we just endure it
Having faith we will be OK

Looking forward to the day
We can meet again and hug
Once again making plans
We will all be safe and snug

Touching your sweet face
Feeling your embrace
It can't come soon enough
Living each day like this
Has been sort of rough

But hanging in there we must
And we will overcome
We will get to the place

Where we are all well and fine

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is too freaking funny not to share here too. OMG.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy Yes, there is a new rithm to life; I am happy to hear you have yours going. It is raining here too - so unlike any of the five years on my record here! Too cold for icecream, but I am wondering if Jimmi can & does deliveries - I hear that for many this is a new business taking off very fast; you might be out of his range, or a foothold in NY.

@Niffler75 I've heard of Madrid loosing the reins; Andaluzia runs itself & I'll read it all when it comes to vote (often enough as of late).

@bling_dream19 I am just back from the fishmonger (today is a holiday & the rule is 'eat fish' & be merry - the least reason for it, the more right; there be mackerel & mussels on the grill with garlic vinaigrette & wild rice) I doubt anyone can stay in here even if they need to - there are no deliveries; then, in my mind, people who meet many people are good as crowds (shopkeepers, delivery men... I am seeing them really scared here, with complicated looking masks and gloves (at last!) & inventing protocols for shoppers (easy, with three customers / hour) - eg. the petrol station keeper walks around with a long, thin, bamboo pole ,) funny, not funny.) It is all reasonabke with few people around.

@Jimmianne Would love an attick office with river stone walls!

@canuk-gal I wish I were getting anything done ,(

@marcy This house is not selling much like the one you mention, then, everyone knows that the roof caved in a couple of years ago & a few niceties fell off; the builders were extorted into avangarde & chuckled back, methinks. I hope Marty thinks of his move as an expansion.

_

I have a fragrant iris opening next to my screen - almost fast enough to see.

off to lunch

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AV_ Sounds like a lovely day, all things considered! Stay safe and happy and hope the fish is nice :D

Reactions: AV_

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is too freaking funny not to share here too. OMG.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hilarious! I actually got this from a friend just as he was returning home to his wife and child after a business trip LOL. I did not screen print it for his wife's amusement

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Decided we’re heading to my parents house today. Dropping supplies off on their porch. Including home made face masks. And produce. And toilet paper. There’s none by them. Unbelievable my 86 yo dad is left to fend for himself against vultures. Store shelves empty by them. So driving there with everything I have and we’ll shop for ourselves tomorrow.

Praying this isn’t my last “visit “ with them.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Decided we’re heading to my parents house today. Dropping supplies off on their porch. Including home made face masks. And produce. And toilet paper. There’s none by them. Unbelievable my 86 yo dad is left to fend for himself against vultures. Store shelves empty by them. So driving there with everything I have and we’ll shop for ourselves tomorrow.

Praying this isn’t my last “visit “ with them.

Stay strong Missy, they will not get sick as long as they stay inside. This *will* blow over. Hugs!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stay strong Missy, they will not get sick as long as they stay inside. This *will* blow over. Hugs!

Scandi they have been outside. And just yesterday morning interacted with the triple A service guy who came to help them with their car. So goes it. They are trying to stay inside as much as they’re able to. We are all doing the best we can do.

Stay well. Be safe. Yes we will get through it. (((Hugs))).

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Woohoo @bling_dream19, that’s beautiful, I do love the different cuts and was nearly tempted by a pear when I was looking for Marilyn. I’d be very tempted to use it for a bezel set bangle, but looking forward to seeing what you’ll do with it.

Your lookout perch sounds lovely @Jimmianne full of eclectic things, a real treasure trove.

I’m glad John managed to get most of what you needed @Tekate, and isn’t that just typical, finally get somewhere with the house plans and it’s all come to a screaming halt! Maybe this will work out in your favour and the builder will be looking for work when this is all over and give you a good price for the build. Sorry that Auti got hurt at nursery, but I’m sure she’ll enjoy being a home now, and no you can’t look after her full time. The advice here is absolutely no contact with small children, especially if they’ve been to playgroups and nurseries.

Hope you’re all keeping well and safe @Scandinavian and the poorly pup’s paw is healing up well.

Hey @canuk-gal - hope all is well with you and yours.

How’re things going working at home @marcy, have you found a comfortable place to perch? Will you get your pay docked for being a minute late? ;-) At least this way you can make sure you get a proper lunch break.

I hope David is in good spirits and your Mum is behaving herself @Mamabean. I may end up being forced to get the scissors out myself as I’ll be unrecognisable in a couple of months! :lol:

Thank goodness its another lovely day here @Niffler75, hope you’re all doing well and able to enjoy the sunshine.

Thank you for the lovely verse @missy. I know you’ll feel happier dropping food off to your parents, even though you won’t be able to ‘see’ them, and if it makes them stay all, so much the better. We’re not opening the door to anyone, fortunately we have glass panels either side of the door so can talk to people through that. Hopefully, once they have supplies they’ll be more inclined to stay indoors. Sorry the weather isn’t great there, we’re having another lovely bright but crisp day here.
I know you know the reason why I won’t comment about the proposed ‘re-open for business’ date, but oy! We’re all in this together, and we’ll get through it, I do truly believe that, even when I have times filled with dark thoughts.

I hope you get supplies soon @Daisys and Diamonds, so you can get back to a more varied diet.

I stayed up most of the night trying to get us a click and collect slot at 5 different supermarkets, so I’m feeling absolutely exhausted. I know our neighbours have offered to help, but we really don’t want to bother them, they have young families, and need whatever food they can get for themselves. Our Postlady, Nicky called today, (we’d had our post held because of the holiday, then Colin cancelled it last week) and she told Colin if we need anything, just ask, and she’ll try to help. It really is quite overwhelming to be offered help like this. Eventually about about 12.30pm, I looked at one of the sites I’d checked during the night, and miraculously a slot appeared. Fortunately, I’d already set up a basket at about 3am, so I quickly checked out, and we ‘should’ get a delivery of fresh things tomorrow. I rang Tom, Dottie’s dogsitter, and told him, because they’ve been in same boat as us and are of a similar age, so self isolating. He tried but the slots had gone, and he’s just texted me to say, he kept checking, and has now got one. We’ve agreed to help each other out if we can. They’re obviously very worried, because he’s asked us to witness their wills. He’ll bring them round, and we’ll watch him sign through the glass panels, then he’ll walk away, and we’ll sign with our own pen and put them down for him to collect when we close the door. What a palaver, but needs must.

If everything we’ve ordered on line arrives over the next few weeks, we won’t have to go out for a while, by which time, hopefully things will have settled down.

Keep safe and well my lovely NIRDI friends.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!

@Jimmianne I love your room! But it looks like it would be cold in winter! Those rosaries are lovely.

@missy I think your Dad got it right!!! My sister called me after work yesterday telling me it was difficult to get her Rx filled. She found what she needed at a small Pharmacy, luckly. Oh also she had great news about her Osteoporosis: her bone density is up over 9% since her last testing--she's had two doses of Prolia so it is working. :)) Her Doc was ecstatic.

Work is work--I'll just leave it there.

Stay safe, stay connected and above all stay sane.

cheers--Sharon

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!

@Jimmianne I love your room! But it looks like it would be cold in winter! Those rosaries are lovely.

@missy I think your Dad got it right!!! My sister called me after work yesterday telling me it was difficult to get her Rx filled. She found what she needed at a small Pharmacy, luckly. Oh also she had great news about her Osteoporosis: her bone density is up over 9% since her last testing--she's had two doses of Prolia so it is working. :)) Her Doc was ecstatic.

cheers--Sharon

Sharon, you would feel right at home here. Every room is cold lol

Happy for your sister!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Yes, there is a new rithm to life; I am happy to hear you have yours going. It is raining here too - so unlike any of the five years on my record here! Too cold for icecream, but I am wondering if Jimmi can & does deliveries - I hear that for many this is a new business taking off very fast; you might be out of his range, or a foothold in NY.

LOL it is never too cold for ice cream dear @AV_ not sure what Jimmy is up to but I hope his business survives. He is well thank goodness and hoping everyone remains that way. Hope you enjoyed lunch and cannot wait to see your gorgeous iris. Hugs.

@Tekate how is Autie doing? How are you guys faring? And the kids? (((HUGS))) and love to you Kate the Great and wise and wonderful.

Speaking of wonderful @bling_dream19 how are you and hubby doing? Sending lots of love your way. (((Hugs))).

@Scandinavian continued well wishes and lots of love going to you and your family. XOXO.

Good morning
1585154769186.png

Gorgeous sunrise. Those colors are spectacular. Hope you are having a wonderful and peaceful day. XOXO.

I stayed up most of the night trying to get us a click and collect slot at 5 different supermarkets, so I’m feeling absolutely exhausted. I know our neighbours have offered to help, but we really don’t want to bother them, they have young families, and need whatever food they can get for themselves. Our Postlady, Nicky called today, (we’d had our post held because of the holiday, then Colin cancelled it last week) and she told Colin if we need anything, just ask, and she’ll try to help. It really is quite overwhelming to be offered help like this. Eventually about about 12.30pm, I looked at one of the sites I’d checked during the night, and miraculously a slot appeared. Fortunately, I’d already set up a basket at about 3am, so I quickly checked out, and we ‘should’ get a delivery of fresh things tomorrow. I rang Tom, Dottie’s dogsitter, and told him, because they’ve been in same boat as us and are of a similar age, so self isolating. He tried but the slots had gone, and he’s just texted me to say, he kept checking, and has now got one. We’ve agreed to help each other out if we can. They’re obviously very worried, because he’s asked us to witness their wills. He’ll bring them round, and we’ll watch him sign through the glass panels, then he’ll walk away, and we’ll sign with our own pen and put them down for him to collect when we close the door. What a palaver, but needs must.

If everything we’ve ordered on line arrives over the next few weeks, we won’t have to go out for a while, by which time, hopefully things will have settled down.

Keep safe and well my lovely NIRDI friends.

So relieved you were able to get a slot for delivery @Austina. Times like this I so wish I lived closer to many if you as we could absolutely shop for you. Please stay safe and well and take care and I am heartened there are people around you looking out for you. Please don't hesitate accepting their kind offer of help should you need it. They are offering because they truly want to help. Sending you lots of love across the miles.

HI:

NIRDI shout out!

cheers--Sharon

Hugs to you Sharon. Please take good care of yourself and such wonderful news re your sister! I am thrilled for your sister. I believe @Jimmianne also had great luck with Prolia!
Speaking of Jimmianne...

Sharon, you would feel right at home here. Every room is cold lol

Happy for your sister!

Stay warm girl!
Sending warm hugs your way.

Just got back from dropping supplies off on my parents porch. It's surreal the way I made them stay inside and we dropped the supplies and then my dad came out and got them.

dadpickingupourdelivery.png

Now my parents have food, masks and drugs (extra pain meds I found when cleaning our closets). They are set for a while now. Whew.

She sent me a pic. LOL.

mominpinkmask.jpeg

We're twinsies.

pinkmaskincar.png

pinkmaskandbluesunglasses.png

Have a good rest of the day girls. XOXO.

Oops almost forgot...I love my new ring...now just waiting for the rest of them to arrive.

bluesiliconering.png

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @missy, I hope you’re feeling a bit better now you’ve stocked your parents up with some necessities. It must’ve been a relief to see them, albeit from a distance.

I wish we all lived closer too because I’m sure we’d all be able to help each other out. If our neighbours are going to the shops and ask us if we need anything, we’ll ask if there is anything, but fingers crossed, all our online shops will turn up

I’m so tired tonight, it’s going to be Colin prodding me to keep me awake, rather than the other way round :lol:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@missy your Mom looks awesome! I believe I have more grey hair than she! LOL to your Dad peeking behind the bushes...… My colleague adores her silicone rings!!

@Austina did we ever think we'd be living in such times? Staying up all night to arrange for food supplies and delivery. Sheesh. I won't relate the scene my DH witnessed between Seniors at the market.....:(sad No words

The good news is we'll be able to watch OUR FAVORITE Hallmark channel with those Spring and Easter love stories!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!

cheers--Sharon

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Love you girl.. you are marvelous! And your mom? that hairstyle is classic, beautiful, regal and looks perfect on her.. she's mom the MARVELOUS too.

bbl

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone,

All ok here. My husband ventured out to 2 supermarkets today for essentials. One supermarket was well stocked, very organised and he was able to keep from other people.
He had to go to another shop and it was total mayhem, people snatching items from shelves, being rude, standing too close! I hate him having to go out but we couldn't get any shopping delivery slots but luckily have a click and collect for this weekend.
It has been quite sobering seeing military setting up an exhibition centre in London to become a 4000 bed hospital to cope with the virus. :(sad
I am limiting my media exposure and thinking more about my own self care, feeling a bit less anxious!
I am reading everyone's messages and hope everyone is ok.
@missy Glad you could help out your family. ((hugs)). How's your health? How is Greg?
Take care everyone x

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No @canuk-gal, never in a million years did I foresee a time when we wouldn't just get in the car and go and buy food. Thank goodness we’re able to buy from suppliers in other parts of the country.

Certainly challenging times, what would we do without the internet?

I’m glad your DH managed to get some shopping @Niffler75 and you’re able to collect some food at the weekend.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL it is never too cold for ice cream dear @AV_ not sure what Jimmy is up to but I hope his business survives. He is well thank goodness and hoping everyone remains that way. Hope you enjoyed lunch and cannot wait to see your gorgeous iris. Hugs.

@Tekate how is Autie doing? How are you guys faring? And the kids? (((HUGS))) and love to you Kate the Great and wise and wonderful.

Speaking of wonderful @bling_dream19 how are you and hubby doing? Sending lots of love your way. (((Hugs))).

@Scandinavian continued well wishes and lots of love going to you and your family. XOXO.

Gorgeous sunrise. Those colors are spectacular. Hope you are having a wonderful and peaceful day. XOXO.

So relieved you were able to get a slot for delivery @Austina. Times like this I so wish I lived closer to many if you as we could absolutely shop for you. Please stay safe and well and take care and I am heartened there are people around you looking out for you. Please don't hesitate accepting their kind offer of help should you need it. They are offering because they truly want to help. Sending you lots of love across the miles.

Hugs to you Sharon. Please take good care of yourself and such wonderful news re your sister! I am thrilled for your sister. I believe @Jimmianne also had great luck with Prolia!
Speaking of Jimmianne...

Stay warm girl!
Sending warm hugs your way.

Just got back from dropping supplies off on my parents porch. It's surreal the way I made them stay inside and we dropped the supplies and then my dad came out and got them.

dadpickingupourdelivery.png

Now my parents have food, masks and drugs (extra pain meds I found when cleaning our closets). They are set for a while now. Whew.

She sent me a pic. LOL.

mominpinkmask.jpeg

We're twinsies.

pinkmaskincar.png

pinkmaskandbluesunglasses.png

Have a good rest of the day girls. XOXO.

Oops almost forgot...I love my new ring...now just waiting for the rest of them to arrive.

bluesiliconering.png

I’m just popping in @missy...but had to say the pics of your parents made me cry. I love that you dropped the supplies off for them. They are so cute! xxxooo

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@Tekate wow that John had to wait in line for an hour to get in to Costco. Glad he was able to get things on your list. I hope the builder comes in at a decent price for you and they can get going on your place soon. Oh no that Auti fell and got bit; I hope the biter was disciplined so they know that’s not acceptable.

@canuk_gal it’s good to laugh and I hope DF will part with one of his watches for you. That’s great your sister’s bone density went up. Sweet.

@Scandinavian my boss and I both had to tell some of my employees again to mute their phone. We can see the speaker flashing if someone is making noise. How is your mom and grandmother doing? How is Furbaby 1 doing with her very sore paw?

@Jimmianne your room looks perfect as a closet and to enjoy the view. Very nice.

@missy that is wonderful your dad has a great sense of humor. I think the hoarders are straining the food supply; if that eases off I would hope things smooth out. Your heartfelt poem is wonderful and I totally enjoy the video where he picks B. Nice you took some supplies to your parents and your mom looks great in her mask. Those masks look warm.

@AV_ I hope you had fun at the fishmonger. I like the idea of walking around with a bamboo pole of course I’d probably trip over it and beat the heck out of things. I am with @missy it’s never too cold for ice cream.

@Austina I think I’ll spend most of my time on the loveseat I normally set on at night. In the morning I start at the dining room table because the sun coming in the window behind is pretty bright. I am salaried so they shouldn’t dock my pay. Ha Ha. I am glad you were able to get some food ordered. That is so nice people are offering to get things for you and Colin.

My commute is shorter than Marty’s now. Ha Ha. I lifted today (up to 95 pounds) and hopefully the wind won’t blow the grill out so we can have grilled steaks for supper.

Take care.
Marcy

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much @missy that is so incredible Missy that you brought your parents supplies. And your dad is a hoot! And your mom beautiful like you with matching pink masks! Greg is an angel to make those. I'm sure it was heartbreaking not to be able to hug them.
Hubby and I are doing fine. I had a busy day with work and we went for an evening walk. I'm trying to stay calm. I'm still loving being home, no boredom here at all thankfully. My family is doing fine but I worry constantly about my parents too. Sending you lots of love sweet friend. Can't wait to see your new enso bands!
@marcy I love your pics and your posts! You have a way with words and it makes me smile.
@Mamabean soo cool you chopped your hair! You go girl! Hey whatever works and as long as you are happy that's what matters.
@Tekate how are you doing girl? Hope you're enjoying your housebuilding and this quiet time.
@Jimmianne your house is just magical
@Austina I'm soo glad you are getting food! And having fun too! Hope you sleep well.
Going to eat some dinner. Thinking about everyone and sending love and well wishes.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Everyone, just finishing up my day and thought I would check in.

We are under stay at home orders which we've been doing anyway, it's been warm here in Austin area so nothing new here. We've got food, our phones, laptops etc so we keep in touch with the son's and DIL and Auti!

We have been going over the house plans very carefully and looking at the electrical outlets etc and switches what turns what on jeez it's a tedious to say the least.. we seem to have tons of lights in every room etc. and we have to okay each light switch etc.. it's really a PITA :) John is better at this than I am except he isn't as concise as I am.. "hey there's one switch for 8 lights in the family room" that's okay and I"m NO NO.. both of us get a 'might bit' annoyed with each other :) good thing we love each other mucho.

So I hope you guys are all happy and healthy. I hope this ends soon enough!

mucho love!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Jimmianne Those are fun - more than my salted cod, the only semblance of fish in this house (very different usage intended.)

@missy Your parents seem to be in good spirits, unless I am seeing things. I see this tide changing here - walking the streets, people smile & the salutes are longer than one word; I will miss this part.

-

Trust me, this is winter. I am seeing at least two more weeks as cold as November, rain, hale, sleet - things I have not yet seen this year; beyond perfect timing, come to think of it.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls, I am not feeling well. Started a few hours ago. Throat feels funny. Hoping for the best but I am concerned. Just wanted to say a brief hello and check in with you all.

@bling_dream19 so happy all is well and no boredom for you yet. May that continue. Hugs and love to you and your DH.

@Jimmianne I love those earrings. LOL. Hugs.

@Tekate dear Kate the Great glad all is going well. And I say the more light the better. LOL (((Hugs)))

@marcy wow that is sweet. 95 lbs lifted. Impressive. You deserve a short commute after all that commuting you have done for all these decades now. XOXO

@Niffler75 yes I agree it is a good idea to limit your social media. Anxiety won't help and there's nothing you can do besides what you are doing anyway. I hope the calm continues to be the theme of the day and glad your DH managed to get the supplies you needed. That is the weak link IMO. Having to go out to get supplies. It is almost impossible here to get everything we need delivered. We are set for a few weeks now and if I am sick it is good we have supplies because we cannot leave the house. Sending you hugs and good thoughts.

@Austina what a relief you were able to get what you needed re ordering and your neighbors will fill in the rest. That is smart. Stay home. Stay well. (((Hugs))).

@canuk-gal and @Tekate thank you for the lovely compliment about my mom. Sharon, Enjoy those Hallmark movies, LOL. I like them too. (((Hugs))).

@AV_ you are right. My parents are in good spirits. They always maintain a good perspective on things. Stay warm and stay cozy and stay safe. (((Hugs))).

Our good friend the pulmonologist sent us a photo. Made me smile.

Screen Shot 2020-03-26 at 2.49.00 PM.png

and leaving you with Gracie. Our sweet baby.

gracieonchair.png

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, sending lots of positive healing vibes your way. Hope you’ll be feeling better soon, take good care xxxx

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results