shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can I please complain too? I'm desperately trying to finish some projects before anyone gets an idea to cancel them… And DH is working from home too, and HOW is it possible to spend that much time in conference calls and be THAT loud doing it ?? LOL and OMG if that is allowed too.

Mine and me are doing as well as can be expected. Thank you for asking @missy :) My mother is a bit scared, and is self isolating. I do the shopping etc but she just asks me to leave it at her doorstep. My grandmother is a bit less stressed, but she is 88 years old and does have high blood pressure, diabetes and a heart condition, so we are forcing her to stay at home alone as well for the time being. The children are trying their best not to drive us crazy, LOL. We are keeping them at home.

Furbaby F (number 1, you are quite right re last picture @marcy - you are really good!) half ripped out a nail / claw and had to have it surgically removed today. So thankful I have a vet best friend!! Paying her of course, but no people and no waiting time is worth all the gold in the world sometimes!

Aww honey of course you can vent here. We are here for you. These are trying times. I hear you re conference calls. Greg has many of them. And at the beach house it was hard because I heard everything. Here in Brooklyn the walls are thicker so thankfully I am spared.I am sorry you are subjected to his loud calls. I am glad your mom and grandma are doing as well as can be expected. That counts. And I know your kids are so well behaved and sweet so that is all good there too. This is hard on everyone to be sure. You guys are making it work. Oh no about sweet Furbaby 1 having her nail removed today. I have something in common with her haha but seriously I hope she is doing better and heals well. Very nice your best friend is a vet. That rocks. Sending you hugs and love and well wishes across the many miles dear Scandi.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, Furbaby says thank you ! She is ok but a little grumpy and groggy. The nerve was ok thank goodness! So removed the nail all the way in but kept the nerve. So really sore and raw for a few days but nothing dangerous. Will go in for a checkup tomorrow! And I know, I’m really lucky. Of my besties, we have one human doctor, one eye doctor (wink wink) and one a dog doctor. Silver linings!

5BC605B3-A811-4082-B3D4-571F6AE3A62A.jpeg

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ll check in tomorrow with everyone, as we’re just about to go to bed. We’ve spent the day keeping active and trying not to think!

Just about to watch the PM’s latest broadcast, we think he’s going to announce a complete lockdown.

Stay safe lovelies :wavey:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Halleluja, we’ve just had our delivery of fruit and veg! I’m feeling less anxious now I know we’ve got fresh produce.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone, just briefly checking. We have just had the announcement that the UK is pretty much now on lockdown.
@Austina Did you catch the news? Hope you are ok.
I feel exhausted and quite anxious again even though this was expected. But we will be fine!
Praying my husband can now work from home now! :pray:
Take care everyone, I will check back in tomorrow! x

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@daisy and Diamonds thank you for the good vibes, sending them your way as well.

@Poodles4me I want to bake too so I’ll live vicarioously through your baking - so what’s on the menu? Marty did get 2 dozen eggs for us today. Wow what jerks to cough and gag as you walked by and have a dog that looked a bit out of control. That would make me nervous too.

@missy I agree the days are blurring together and I too am hoping this is soon nothing but a bad memory. I need to find the Twilight Zone ring tone. Good idea for you to wear a mask when going for a walk. It looks like a great mask too. Gorgeous trees; that brightened my day. Great pictures of Gracie. LOL to “no soup for us”. Oliver certainly has FOMO.

@AV_ that’s good you don’t have to worry about flooding. A lot of our spring runoff from the mountains can cause flooding especially if we get a lot of rain. I was ready to curse most of the day working from home all right. I tried 4 “work stations” and didn’t find one that worked great for me - I’ll elaborate below.

@Mamabean well that’s something your mom is in a good mood for her. Oh no she took so much medicine, I hope she is okay. Your bean soup sounds delicious.

@junebug17 I think this new life will go on for a while too; it will take some adjustment for sure. That’s great you are doing online workouts from your gyms. Yes, the city ordered several types of businesses to close one of which was gyms. Sending mega dust to your niece and her husband to get out of quarantine soon. Self isolating at the beach sounds like a nice place to hang out.

@Scandinavian yes complain away about the challenges of working from home. I totally chuckled at working at home with your DH; Marty kept coming up and making coffee when I was on the phone with work. Luckily his office is in the basement. I hope your work conditions improve. Ouch for poor Furbaby #1. Sending her mega healing dust. You can’t complain about that kind of service from your friend the vet.

@sarahb yes this is horrific for so many reasons. Mr Jack is a cutie and glad he gets around well with his ramp. I hope spring arrives for you soon.

@Austina glad you got your fresh fruit and veggies; Marty went to the store today and he said that was the only part of the store that was stocked. Go figure.

@Niffler75 I saw UK was on lockdown. Ugh. They are locking down some larger cities here. I hope your DH can work from home now.

So work day #1 was challenging. Usually I just use my mini iPad for work emails and use my work laptop in my usual “spot”. But since this is long term I had Marty take apart his 2 monitor setup so I share my laptop on a monitor. That didn’t work. Work has our windows setup so locked down the larger monitor just blew up things and made them difficult to read. So then I shoved Marty’s monitors to the back of the desk and set up my Mac for email and my work laptop. That was clunky and our desk is set up for a tall person with long arms; that’s not me. So next I moved to the dining room table. Cords everywhere for me to trip on plus I got a sore back not keeping my back straight so I moved to the couch and pulled up the coffee table that makes in to a table for the couch. Again short arms so I ended up on the love seat with 2 iPads, 1 phone and 2 laptops. I missed a 2pm meeting with our director. OOPS. That was during move to spot 4. Tomorrow I’m working from spot 4.

Our neighborhood community posted a put a teddy bear in the window for kids to spot when they go for walks. So naturally I obliged. I have 2 in each window facing the greenway and 2 in one of our front windows. Marty suggested I put them outside so maybe some of them will disappear. Not gonna happen.

Marty did go to the grocery store. He got us some eggs, flour, no yeast (he didn’t know where to look), some fruit, butter and bread.

Take care.
Marcy

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Jimmianne escargot? :)

@missy wow, that must have been soo painful Missy, I'm so sorry for you and the woes with your toes (didn't mean to rhyme that really!). Beautiful picture! Chris said it rained and rained in the city today. That is a wonderful redesign Missy, so glad Greg is such a handy guy and so loving! I knew eventually Ollie will grow up a bit and be a sweetheart! What a wonderful thing you do for your neighbors. very kind. When walking Salley we have had to cross the street several times too. Missy a compression fracture of the spine sounds horrendous, please be careful! Advil is my favorite NSAID, it does help my shoulder. Burgers? my fav.. xoxoxo Oh and Missy the Marvelous the kids are perfect! xoxoxoxoxo (again).

@marcy There's no house arrest here in Williamson County Texas yet..but there is the 6ft rule John is going to Costco tomorrow to get some meat if possible, he's going in an hour early for the over 60 people. Hopefully we can get some frozen veggies and fruit. we shall see. I feel so out of body in a way, like I'm in some dream or something (I know I'm not but it has that feel). Well the bread machine order was cancelled by Amazon :( but Chris is okay, it takes that son of mine months to make decisions, he's slower than molasses, but very trustworthy with all he does, just slow.

@AV_ Winter is back? Well summer is here, 82F today, not humid YET. Enjoy the snow! It sounds like very hard work AV, take care and don't work too hard. xoxoxo

@Niffler75 I'm sorry for your anxiety and I truly understand it, uncharted territory for everyone and mind blowing and having family to worry about, but we have each other and I believe we will all make it through but we will be changed in a lot of what we do and think, so maybe in the end of it we are more aware of how we must work together, not apart. We are the NIRDIs, here for each other, hug your little guy! xoxoxoxo

@Poodles4me Sending a hi out to you!

@bling_dream19 sending a big hello to you and stay safe! xoxoxo

@Austina Hi Austina, warm here today overcast, tomorrow even hotter but can't complain much anyway. We are practicing the 6 foot rule, John's going to Costco tomorrow so hopefully he will get some oliver oil, sugar etc. (and meat).. Hope all is well in England, I read what Johnson says as I read BBC for America and things are getting strict there, soon here I expect. sending love to you and Colin. xoxoxo

@Mamabean I hope you are having a good day and evening and please ignore Mom once in a while it'll do you good! glad David let you hug him, nothing like a hug from your kid. take care. xoxoxoxo

@junebug17 Chris has many co-workers who live in Hoboken, he says he may someday move there, who knows, I'm glad you are hunkered down and I know what you mean about your kids worrying about you, Chris worries about us but he's in the city and I worry about him. Thanks for asking about Mike, i'm going to post a pix of he and Auti below, he's feeling much better! Are you in the NE or SC? xoxoxoxoxo

@Daisys and Diamonds Sending a hi to you! xoxoxo hunker down and be safe.

@Slick1 Hi, I so hope you are doing well.. sending xoxoxo to you and your family.

@sarahb Hi sarah my state has not come close to anything like that yet, we have the 6ft rule

we went over to Mike's yesterday afternoon to pick up our groceries that Cara bought for us, I took this pic of Mike and Auti! from 6 feet. to everyone - my heart to your heart - we are in this together and we will make it it through.

autiemike320.jpg

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@marcy I hear you re. oddly sized desks - aren't they all! This house has three rooms that could be home office & some open space nonsense that could host a darn seminar, so am working at a bar in the kitchen (quiet, warm, free flowing tea & coffee, bubbling lemmon marmalade today). I am mostly using a tablet, so no wires & such. In every other place I lived, I set up desks adjusted for height with benches to sit on; it will happen here too, if I get enough of the bar.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning lovely ladies and hope everyone is having a peaceful and healthy Tuesday.

Halleluja, we’ve just had our delivery of fruit and veg! I’m feeling less anxious now I know we’ve got fresh produce.

Woohoo that is great news @Austina! And hopefully you can continue getting all the supplies you need.

Hi everyone, just briefly checking. We have just had the announcement that the UK is pretty much now on lockdown.
@Austina Did you catch the news? Hope you are ok.
I feel exhausted and quite anxious again even though this was expected. But we will be fine!
Praying my husband can now work from home now! :pray:
Take care everyone, I will check back in tomorrow! x

@Niffler75 yes glad you are now on lockdown so your DH can work from home. And yes we all will be fine though watching the morning news here is scaring the c**p out of me because the USA is so unprepared. We are running out of ventilators and anti malaria meds already not to mention PPEs. I am trying to hold it together but when I saw Amy Klobucher on the news talking about her 52 year old healthy (no preexisting conditions) DH who is now hospitalized on a ventilator who was coughing up blood etc I lost it. I know that does no one no good. So calming down again and taking deep breaths. Sending you hugs and continued good wishes.

we went over to Mike's yesterday afternoon to pick up our groceries that Cara bought for us, I took this pic of Mike and Auti! from 6 feet. to everyone - my heart to your heart - we are in this together and we will make it it through.

Aww that sweet photo (and all of your wonderful family pics) melts my heart. We are all in this together Great Kate the wise and wonderful. Stay well all of you and big (((hugs))).

@missy, Furbaby says thank you ! She is ok but a little grumpy and groggy. The nerve was ok thank goodness! So removed the nail all the way in but kept the nerve. So really sore and raw for a few days but nothing dangerous. Will go in for a checkup tomorrow! And I know, I’m really lucky. Of my besties, we have one human doctor, one eye doctor (wink wink) and one a dog doctor. Silver linings!

5BC605B3-A811-4082-B3D4-571F6AE3A62A.jpeg

Aww she is such an angel. How is she feeling today? Please hug her from me. And hug all your family too. XOXO.

@junebug17 good morning, hope you are feeling good and doing well and hanging in there. All of you. (((Hugs))).

@Slick1 how are you doing? Sending you lots of love.

@sarahb continued well wishes and hugs.

@springerspaniel (((hugs))) and good thoughts.

@Poodles4me lots of good wishes and hugs to you and family.

@AV_ good morning, how are you doing and how is everyone by you? XOXO

@Daisys and Diamonds thinking of you at this difficult time and sending you hugs.

@Mamabean how is the soup making going? Yummmm. You are lucky to be with your family. I miss my parents and my sister and my nieces and who knows when (and if I allow myself to think dark thoughts if) we will see each other again. I couldn't have dreamed this nightmare in my wildest nightmares. :(
Sending you well wishes and big hugs.

Yesterday we stayed in the entire day. It was cold and rainy and while walking in the rain seems perfect (washes away the virus) it was just too nasty outside. We are out of bananas and have to venture out later to get some. Anyway, thinking of all of you lovely ladies and sending calming vibes and well wishes your way.

One day at a time.
We are going to be OK.
We are here for each other.
We will survive this.
We are going to be OK.
One day at a time.

(((HUGS))).

And now for a bit of levity this morning.
Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 8.20.14 AM.png
Tommy- Day 3,703 of quarantine. Not affected by toilet paper shortages.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@missy good morning, :wavey:...I'm chuckling to myself, I see we are following each other around on the forums this morning....Tommy's eyes are such a beautiful shade of green...love the pic's! I hope you are doing well, it is hard right now, but we will get through this....hugs & dust to you & your family! XOXO

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy good morning, :wavey:...I'm chuckling to myself, I see we are following each other around on the forums this morning....Tommy's eyes are such a beautiful shade of green...love the pic's! I hope you are doing well, it is hard right now, but we will get through this....hugs & dust to you & your family! XOXO

Thank you dear @sarahb, yes lol I am procrastinating big time this morning...must get out of bed and off my butt and start lifting weights. Never have I been so not in the mood but I know once I start I will feel better. Watching Amy Klobuchar this morning talk of her DH and how sick he is made me cry so many tears. I feel for everyone suffering and all those whose lives will never be the same and I am praying and hoping all of us will get through this whole.

PS is more than just a wonderful distraction. PSers are warm wonderful individuals and the NIRDIs (IMO) are the best. And the energy and strength of you lovely ladies keeps me (most of the time) strong and hopeful.

Covid-19 is not just a medical challenge but a spiritual challenge as well. We have to help those who need us and we are here to support each other. With humanity and kindness and generosity. And we will get through this.

(((HUGS)))

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You are so right Missy, we will get through this, because what are our options otherwise at the moment? I am a cup half-full person & thus, always look for the positives in any given situation, and although this one situation is tough, we are ok at the moment. We can only go moment by moment, & my wish & prayer is that the end of it, we will all be ok. And yes, kindness, grace, generosity etc are all things we strive for in everyday life. Yes, we will get through this. I too, must be more active today, & attack those weights, the last few days have not been my best in that regard....wishing you success with the weights today also!! Let's do it!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Morning lovelies

I’m feeling a lot calmer today, I’ve washed all the fruit and veg that was delivered last night. As you may have heard, we’re in lockdown now, which is a good thing, because of the morons who wouldn’t listen and went out over the weekend with total disregard for anyone else. We’ve also just had a delivery from Costco, we managed to order rice, tea and nuts, and it’s the rice that’s come.

5B1E09CA-A3C0-47D4-A9E8-47D0E95C3D9E.jpeg
In addition to that box, we got strawberries, raspberries and blueberries, so are well stocked for now. I also ordered another meat delivery from the company in Scotland, but that’s not being delivered for another 4 weeks. Hopefully the first order will come as promised, so we’ll be fine.

We even managed to order some toilet paper :lol: We’re actually buying it to give to our neighbours, the ones who’ve offered to get us some shopping whenever they can.

I ordered some more garden games, also for our neighbours kids as we really don’t want to ask for help unless we really have to. There are still no click and collect slots anywhere, we’re up to 13th April and nothing.

I’m so sorry you’ve been so upset @missy, honestly, we’re not watching the news anymore, we’re just watching the daily briefing which is just factual and not hysterical, otherwise I don’t think I could cope much longer either. We’re trying to do things to distract ourselves, and fortunately having a garden, we can get out, do some garden work, and we even played some games yesterday afternoon. We also played on the Wii, I beat Colin twice at bowling, then he knocked me out boxing, and beat me at tennis :lol: Thank goodness we have each other here as a distraction too.

I really hope your DH can start working at home @Niffler75. How’s your little guy doing, hopefully you’re also getting this lovely sunny weather so can be outside and collect bugs and bird watch. We seem to have a lot of squirrels this year, and they’re running around chasing each other up and round the trees all the time.

Poor doggie @Scandanavian I hope the poorly paw will get better soon, that sounds really painful ripping the claw. Thank goodness you have such good resources in your friends. Hoping your Mum and Grandmother are doing OK and keeping well.

I hope your mother is behaving herself @Mamabean and not adding to your stress levels.

Just spoken to Adam @Tekate, and he says he’ll think there’ll be a lockdown there soon. He’s still managing to get a home delivery slot from HEB, so he’s got some things coming in a few days. I hope John managed to get what you needed at Costco, and so glad your DS and DIL are able to help you too.

Hi @sarahb thinking of you and hoping all is well there.

Sounds like fun and games at yours @marcy jiggling all your computer equipment around so you can work. Glad Marty was able to get out and get you some supplies. I wish I could get strong flour and yeast, because I have a bread maker sitting idle.

Glad you’re comfy doing your work @AV_ and I bet the smell of lemon marmalade Is delicious.

Are you allowed to travel to a different state @junebug17 or do you think you’ll be in lockdown soon and have to stay put?

Thinking of all the lovely NIRDIs during this difficult time, and continuing to send good thoughts and good health to you all :wavey:

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Hi friends! How is everyone? I know everyone is on their own journey but it's great to be able to be here for each other and laugh and cry and everything in between.
@missy Those trees are just gorgeous! I love springtime trees. And I just love your pink face mask! I think I'm going to try to find some on etsy. You are so kind to help your neighbors and to be there close for your family. How is your sister and her family doing? Hugs to you friend! I love those movies you posted somewhere - you brighten so many people's lives. Oh gosh just read your post from this morning that you saw the news. I don't think I can watch it or I can't function. Things are very scary medically and emotionally. I think staying in was a good idea and your body must be telling you to take it easy and rest. My mind keeps wandering to awful things too and I don't know quite what to do except hope for the best and pray.
@marcy the teddy bears in the window make me soo happy! You will make a lot of kids very happy when they spot your teddy bears and I agree keep them inside :lol: I hope you find a comfy work position. I'm kind of doing that too - I've rigged a standing up option and a sitting option. Today I'm experimenting with the many chair pads I have to find the most comfy one.
@Austina I am soo happy you got your produce! Wow, I really hope you will continue to be able to have that. Glad yall are staying busy and active.
@junebug17 SC sounds really nice and relaxing! My parents did the same thing, they have a beach cottage and they've been there for a couple of weeks already. I think it helped my mom get over whatever she had. Plus the beach is always a good idea!
@Tekate your sweet Auti is just soooo cute! She is so cuddly and happy! That must be heart breaking to see her but not able to hold her. Hopefully temporary. Hope your hubby got some great things at Costco - my favorite store! My hubby is going tonight too.
@Niffler75 how are you doing? Hope you're feeling less anxious now that hubby is home. I hope you and your family are enjoying family time.
@Scandinavian I hear you on the close quarters at home but you'll work it out. If you're hubby is too loud you'll have to sequester him to a room :lol:
@AV_ your bubbly lemon and tea sounds delicious! How are you doing - are you isolating or still able to get out?
@Poodles4me keep the baking coming - I've been cooking up a store and also made banana bread with almond flour that was delicious!
My hubby went to work today as he works outdoors primarily and will go to work tomorrow. We have a protocol in place when he gets home so he doesn't bring anything here. He has gloves and strict instructions on how to operate out there. I'm scared but I really couldn't convince him to stay. Plus I convinced him to stay home last Wed and he was a pill so I'd rather avoid the conflict.
I am very happy to work from home. I've been praying for a slower pace for years so for now I'm ok and this is my silver lining. I am grateful to still be able to make money from home and I pray that will continue, I know that many many people are in the fight of their lives medically, financially, physically and emotionally and that weighs very heavy on my heart.
Hugs to everyone!
I will post some sparkly news too!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
oh @Mamabean your soup sounds divine! I have a small amount of lentils and I plan to make a soup too. That is soo sweet your David loved your stew and gave you a hug. That'll keep you going for sure! And glad to hear your mom is ok. We could probably all do a post on bathroom issues :lol:
I'll just say iron and progesterone cream are not good for keeping things moving :lol:

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Here is my new beautiful sexy pear from @mrs-b
She is beautifully shaped and the cut is fabulous and super sparkly :love: Someday, she will be set in a double halo pendant unless anyone has better ideas?! I'm sure it will be months before any setting takes place but that's ok.
742463 742464 742466 742467 742468 742469

I hope this brightens everyone's day! Thanks for sharing in the excitement :kiss2:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone, I'll be back later but just wanted to throw out the idea of seeing and talking to loved ones through the app Zoom. DD used it to chat with some of her friends. I think it allows up to 6 people, and it looks like the Brady Bunch beginning with everyone in squares. My sister and I are going to try it with different family members, just to see one another and feel a little more connected. Just an idea to help us keep in touch with family and friends. If we try it I'll let you know how it goes. I've also been doing conference calls with 2 of my friends so we can chat together.

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone,
All ok here. So thank goodness my husband is safe at home. I think his workplace has recognised they cannot stay open and all the members of the team my husband managed have said they will not travel in to work.
@marcy I am relieved. Now we just have to work out routine so we don't drive each other nuts!
@Tekate Hiya, these are unprecedented times. Now more so than ever our lives are being redefined. We need to keep family safe and check in and support our online friends too!
@missy I was nearly in tears hearing the news from Spain and elderly people being left in care homes without care. I think there needs to be a balance between having essential information we need to function, but not getting overwhelmed by media reports. I am a pretty sensitive person and absorb it all like a sponge. I have made the decision to limit what I see and read about to protect my own wellbeing. :(sad Take care x
@Austina Hi, you ok? We were out in the garden today doing some preparing and tidying in advance of seed sewing. The bees are waking up and we saw our first butterfly.
@bling_dream19 Yep family time is the order of the day. Moving forwards trying to plan some lovely activities to keep us occupied.

We have been gardening today. I have ordered some lovely window decals and we are going to design a picture in our front window to cheer people up.
We will also be sewing some wild flower seeds and making a new bug house.
We went for as walk today and spotted a duck nest next to our stream with eight eggs in it! I think spring has sprung!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so sorry you’ve been so upset @missy, honestly, we’re not watching the news anymore, we’re just watching the daily briefing which is just factual and not hysterical, otherwise I don’t think I could cope much longer either. We’re trying to do things to distract ourselves, and fortunately having a garden, we can get out, do some garden work, and we even played some games yesterday afternoon. We also played on the Wii, I beat Colin twice at bowling, then he knocked me out boxing, and beat me at tennis :lol: Thank goodness we have each other here as a distraction too.

Yes for sure. Thank goodness we have our DHs to distract us and keep us calm and sane! I very rarely watch the news. I know my limitations. We had a good walk outside (with our masks on) and got some bananas and bread too. It is an unbelievably gorgeous day out today. Feels good just to breathe in the fresh air. Have fun bowling and boxing and tennis. Sounds like you guys will get into the best shape of your lives with the quarantine haha. Enjoy! XO.

She is beautifully shaped and the cut is fabulous and super sparkly :love: Someday, she will be set in a double halo pendant unless anyone has better ideas?! I'm sure it will be months before any setting takes place but that's ok.
20200323_185317.jpg 20200323_185455.jpg 20200323_190800.jpg 20200323_190910.jpg 20200323_190910.jpg 20200323_191138.jpg

I hope this brightens everyone's day! Thanks for sharing in the excitement :kiss2:

Swoon! Love it! So happy it meets your expectations and it is super beautiful. Wear it in good health once you decide what setting that is. In the meantime just enjoy it as it is. In its pure beauty.
I am sharing some photos from today's Spring tree installment for your viewing pleasure. (((Hugs))).

Hi everyone, I'll be back later but just wanted to throw out the idea of seeing and talking to loved ones through the app Zoom. DD used it to chat with some of her friends. I think it allows up to 6 people, and it looks like the Brady Bunch beginning with everyone in squares. My sister and I are going to try it with different family members, just to see one another and feel a little more connected. Just an idea to help us keep in touch with family and friends. If we try it I'll let you know how it goes. I've also been doing conference calls with 2 of my friends so we can chat together.

Thanks for the info. I think our physicians are using Zoom too as well as a Pilates instructor who is trying to get me to join. Enjoy! ((Hugs)))

What to do when you are grounded
1585072016544.png

1585072146566.png

Haha love it. And what beautiful scenery to enjoy while grounded. It doesn't suck. XO.

@missy I was nearly in tears hearing the news from Spain and elderly people being left in care homes without care. I think there needs to be a balance between having essential information we need to function, but not getting overwhelmed by media reports. I am a pretty sensitive person and absorb it all like a sponge. I have made the decision to limit what I see and read about to protect my own wellbeing. :(sad Take care x

Me too. Cried about that last night and this morning. Spain and Italy having to take older people off ventilators to give it to younger people. Heartbreaking on all levels. No good choice. I barely watch the news at all as I know my limits. Just got back from a really lovely walk (with our facemasks on) because we needed bananas and Greg needed bread so we took a short walk and then went to the market. It is a gorgeous day out. Sharing some pics below. (((Hugs)))

Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 3.08.41 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 3.08.29 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 3.08.21 PM.png

Enjoy the rest of the day girls!

Oh and my jokester dad. I told him and my mom to please be careful if they had to go out and to make a face mask (my mom sews) and this is what my dad texted me. He has a warped sense of humor. :cheeky:

Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 3.15.57 PM.png

@Mamabean Chewy delivered some cat food woohoo! Not the flavor my cats are used to eating but I know Gracie and Oliver and Bobby (probably) will eat anything so they are set. And I will just make sure Tommy gets the food he likes best.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi girlfriends..I didn’t get a chance to read any of your posts. David needs to be entertained like a young child so I’m making sure I spend time with him. We have been playing the memory game which he loves... I get into it and yell out if I miss picking the right tile and he picks the right one. He was laughing so hard yesterday...It was great...I’m just so busy...I barely have time to do anything on here.
I hope everyone is okay...I will read and try to catch up tonight. I think of you guys all the time...
I chopped off a lot of my hair this morning. I have curly wavy hair that I need to flat iron. No one knows my hair isn’t straight...Who am I flat ironing for? My husband is in Pa...I don’t see anyone but David and my mom. It’s short for me! It will be easier to take care of..It’s a real hack job...:lol:
@missy I did see you ordered from Chewy...I’m so happy...
@Austina That’s wonderful you got your produce delivery yesterday...
I would barter right now for a salad...but at my age I wouldn’t get any takers...Only kidding..sort of...I love salad..haha
Edited to say I was kidding I would barter for salad. It’s true I wouldn’t get any takers..:lol:

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@marcy I think you’ll appreciate this. And for all the NIRDIs.

582F1F04-3643-4274-8267-ED243B5C5C4D.jpeg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@Tekate I hear they limit how many people can go in to Costco at a time. I hope Mike gets in and out quickly and gets everything on your list. I am not surprised the bread machine order was cancelled. Chris should be able to get food okay where he lives. I agree this is like a dream. It reminds me of staying at someone else’s house and you don’t have a car to go anywhere and you don’t have a key to get back in the house so you just stay put. It is quite strange. Wow cute Auti has grown so much.

@AV_ I totally chuckled that your place has open space nonsense that could host a seminar. There was a house across the street from us at our last house that had so much wasted space the price always took a beating when trying to sell it. Marty built the desk in our den but since he is over 6 feet tall and has long arms it suits him more than it fits me. I am glad you work mostly on a tablet. My work laptop doesn’t last no battery more than a few hours so I plug it in but have my MacBook Pro, my iPad and my iPad mini circling me here on the loveseat. It works.

@missy yes we will get through this. We don’t see a lot of the horrible things people deal with everyday so any of these stories are hard to watch. Glad you had a lovely day and got bananas. That is great you got some cat food delivered. The medical supply shortage is awful but I believe it’s totally a case where only hindsight could have predicted the necessity to have those things on hand in such large quantities. I am sure supply chains are trying to catch up and build a surplus but of course it doesn’t help those who need them now. Ha Ha I like your dad’s mask.

@sarahb did you attack those weights today? Marty just started his workout. He keeps bringing in things from his gym; I bet my gym will be a mess when I go down tomorrow.

@Austina your produce looks quite tasty and glad you got some things from Costco. Nice you can work in the garden and got out the Wii. We borrowed one from a friend one time and I hated the voice on it; I am sure you can change it to a different voice but that is what I remember about it. I am not watching news either. A long history of pandemics have not been treated this way. I check the CDC website for updates where I also continue to watch the numbers on influenza which continues to climb and remains higher than COVID so why isn’t that whipped in to a media frenzy? The numbers on the Swine Flu were huge yet this panic didn’t happen. If you do the percentages of cases versus population it comes out pretty low. More people are being hurt by losing their jobs than are catching the virus. But I digress; I am not trying to start a fight or debate but I just find it sad for all of us who can’t control any of this.

@bling_dream19 I hope my teddy bears do brighten some kid’s day. I noticed a lady slowing down going by our house this morning. The minute I got out of bed I opened the window coverings and got teddy bears back in place. Glad I’m not the only one trying to find the perfect spot to work at home. I basically stayed on the loveseat all day. I am glad your DH works outside and has many precautions in place to work. I think the biggest thing is keeping your hands clean and away from your face. I definitely don’t eat things with my fingers now. I am glad you are able to work at home. All 3 of my nephews are furloughed for at least 30 days; one of them has 3 kids. So many people are losing their jobs. Gorgeous pear diamond; I think a double halo will be gorgeous as a pendant. Sweet.

@junebug17 great idea to connect with family and friends with Zoom.

@Niffler75 that is good your husband can be home but yes adjusting to both of you being there is challenging. Marty and I were just giving each other a total pile of crap about this is going to be a long haul; of course it was in jest but it’s another adjustment we all have to make. When my dad retired my mom started volunteering places. Luckily our house is big enough we can get away from each other. You planned out a fun and busy day. I wish it was warm enough to work outside here. I have dead flowers to pull up for sure.

@Mamabean that game sounds fun and how wonderful David enjoys it so much. You are brave to cut your own hair; I’ve tried twice and know why I pay someone with skill to do it for me.

Since I have Marty’s commute to work now I slept in; then since I decided to start and quit work 30 minutes early I barely made it to work in time; by the time I remoted in to everything I was 2 minutes late. Oh well, I’m over it.

I spent a lot of time on conference calls today. We all have a meeting with my boss at 8:30 and 3:00. 4 of my 5 employees keep joining the meeting late and of course you know my boss is pretty grumpy so I heard from him about it and had to get after MM to get logged in on time. Shocking she did nothing but deflect. Then she and the other gal working in the office were talking and not muting their phone so I had to send out conference call etiquette to them. MM did log in at exactly 3 this afternoon; it’s rude to the rest of us waiting for her.

Marty keeps hauling in more and more equipment from his gym so he can work out here. Funny he finally hooked up a Joey to the TV in my gym so now I have TV in there. It’s high but at least I have it hooked up finally. Sweet.

Take care.
Marcy

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Wow Tommy's eyes are so beautiful! As always, your poetry is brilliant Missy, I really think you could write a book of poetry. It is very unnerving to say the least, we worry about our fellow travelers on this planet and our American family, it's truly scary that hospitals will be overrun and there isn't enough equipment to keep people alive. Life is so off kilter, so skewed, but you have your funny and wonderful Dad, your beautiful Mom, sister, brother in law and those gorgeous nieces and the piece de resistance, GREG.. one thing that has really crystallized for me Missy is, the world is very small, we need more together and less apart, if that makes sense to you. Your beautiful furkids are wonderful and beautiful and totally innocent. You give so much to others, you are unique. :) Chris told me that it was lovely today in Brooklyn, as he looked out his window, this new place he rented doesn't have rooftop access. sending love to you and your beautiful family.

@marcy John went to Costco for the early in for oldies and he had to wait on line for an hour and was able to get everything on our list except cereal. He said people kept pretty well to the 6foot rule. Crazy times, love your pictures!

@junebug17 Hi Junie! we have been using zoom for a little while now, Mike and I use Duo on our cell phones, for Chris it's Zoom, and my bestie down the road? we have happy hour on Zoom on Fridays. It's great you gave everyone heads up on the program. Hope everyone is well and DD DS and husband, and your brother, are all doing good June. sending you Kate hugs.

@bling_dream19 Hi, ooh that stone is gorgeous, you can be sure anything @mrs-b has owned is beautiful and beyond. She's a lot of fun to be with too! Hope your family is doing well. sending Kate hugs!

@Austina Oh what beautiful fruit and vegetables. I love pineapple... yum. Oh Yes! Adam was right, we are all in lock down. Adam is in Travis County, I'm in Williamson, we thought since Williamson County is so republican that they wouldn't lock down, but they did!. Auti's daycare is closed except to those who are first responders. Crazy times Austina.. I look forward to seeing you in the FALL! for sure. xoxoxoxo

@Mamabean cutting your own hair! that is wonderful and I admire that.. when I was young I always cut my own hair, only old ladies went to the beauty parlor then.. That's great that you are having fun with David..you are a great mamabean! how's the DIL feeling? huge Kate hugs to you and your family.

@Niffler75 sounds like your husband will be working from home soon. It sounds so nice to design your front window to bring happiness to neighbors! so nice. Gardening? I have a brown thumb but my mom was a great gardener, my husband is always amazed at how I know names of many flowers but that is because I stayed with my mom (like glue) and asked her every flowers name, My mom grew gladiolas and irises, many different types of roses, poppys! she really loved flowers, she had beautiful pussy willows along the neighbor below us, flowers everywhere actually. My sister liked to garden and my mom's sister did too..I appreciate the beauty and work very much. hope everyone is well! sending a huge Kate hug.

@AV_ Hi! hope you are having a great sleep :) and hope you are staying healthy and safe. sending a Kate HUG! to you

@Scandinavian ooh so sorry about your pup.. :( hope you are finishing up your work and your family is doing well! xo

@canuk-gal Hi Sharon! hope you are safely enscounced in your home and staying warm and healthy! xo

@Daisys and Diamonds Hi Nicky, hope all is going well where you are ! stay safe and healthy! xoxo

@sarahb sending a huge Kate hug to you Sarah! xoxo

So we are getting closer to all this 'stuff' with the architect, of course everything is shut down now so we can't move on, but we have a great plan and it's ready to be priced out now, I just hope the builder who's been working with us comes in at a decent price.. gosh he's done a lot. The architect I wouldn't give a plug nickel to but John thinks I'm too hard, meh.

Auti fell at daycare and now has a bruise under her left eye and some little tyke bit her! So Mike calls me last night and tells me this, I hang up and say to John "Are the nuts! is this place safe???" I know they both need to work to make their life, but gosh.. I hated daycare and Mike was in it for 3 years, Chris never. I'm a nutcase on safety for my child (and other people also).. I cannot watch Autumn every day, I am just too old and my shoulder is shot, but I wish she didn't have to go. But for now her daycare is closed! so she will be home awhile anyway.

Nothing new besides the above. Sending peace to you all, we need it.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Shout out NIRDI's!

@missy I loved the blooms! I see that somethings are still "right" in this universe.
@Tekate I love your "6" foot pictures--still SUPER CUTE.
@AV_ what's new in the stew or on the keyboard? I think you are very productive!
@Mamabean @junebug17 take care of your families/selves. I believe we've it covered!
@bling_dream19 enjoy your gorgeous pear diamond! Me lubs….

I can't catch up or pretend. But I offer my hands out to your all--but only if @Dancing Fire gives me his watches. OKOKOK I am joking cuz if we don't laugh we cry.

cheers--Sharon

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
5B1E09CA-A3C0-47D4-A9E8-47D0E95C3D9E.jpeg
In addition to that box, we got strawberries, raspberries and blueberries

Looks mouthwatering and sensationally amazing! Can you tell I love greens and fruit?

She is beautifully shaped and the cut is fabulous and super sparkly :love:

so nice! Bling is always good! And sparkly! Enjoy!

Oh and my jokester dad. I told him and my mom to please be careful if they had to go out and to make a face mask (my mom sews) and this is what my dad texted me. He has a warped sense of humor. :cheeky:

Since I have Marty’s commute to work now I slept in; then since I decided to start and quit work 30 minutes early I barely made it to work in time; by the time I remoted in to everything I was 2 minutes late. Oh well, I’m over it.

yes I think you should probably forgive yourself those two minutes LOL. I do hate bad conf call etiquette. Makes everything twice as exhausting

Auti fell at daycare and now has a bruise under her left eye and some little tyke bit her! So Mike calls me last night and tells me this, I hang up and say to John "Are the nuts! is this place safe???" I know they both need to work to make their life, but gosh.. I hated daycare and Mike was in it for 3 years, Chris never. I'm a nutcase on safety for my child (and other people also).. I cannot watch Autumn every day, I am just too old and my shoulder is shot, but I wish she didn't have to go. But for now her daycare is closed! so she will be home awhile anyway.

She will be fine. I promise. Mine have been in daycare always, and a few bruises happens when children play. Or as my son the adventurer decided to climb roof and jump down at age two... But re biting, not nice. Might transfer stuff too..
I would really talk to both the child and the parents. The way I learned it was with a biter in my children’s place that would bite everyone but mine... after a little talk about how that might affect her if she tried again...

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re Spain and Italy: the way I understand it from over here, is that the systems (which normally are quite good actually) are totally overloaded. The numbers needing intensive care is simply higher than the number of respiratory machines. Germany is trying to help, receiving patients and sending equipment. China has also sent both equipment and doctors. In the Nordic countries, we are trying to delay infection rates by using “stay at home” measures. Not to stop the virus but to allow the hospitals to keep up with the number of people that needs intensive care. After almost three weeks, about 30 - 50 people per 100.000 citizens are registered infected in the Nordic countries. But please keep in mind that we basically only test those who are sick to determine what kind of treatment they need. So probably many more who are infected. Many young people too are hospitalised, but so far the hospitals have been able to save all but the old and sick. But here we have free health care. So I worry for countries where health insurance is needed and many don’t have any. Or Africa where hospitals are scares.
Stay safe!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning.
Glad to see that the NIRDI boat is afloat.

When this morning I had to print out some papers in my home office, (which I started using as a walk-in closet last year when there were houseguests in the downstairs rooms for the wedding),
I was reminded of how much I love this little room. It’s on the fourth floor and looks down on the river & gardens. Sometimes I sit in the window to watch the birds on the rooftops and the people on the street.
Anyway I took a couple of photos. As you might tell, I have a thing for antique rosaries : )
D15B6EFD-A5E4-45F7-8F35-C7953625513D.jpeg

1424DFF9-C0C3-49C4-8FEA-8FC2FADFF2E9.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results