shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Miss you sweet Scandi! Hugs across the many miles. I am not yet bored. Greg is definitely not bored. He is working on our new canopy design. I have limitations now re sitting down and getting up due to my OP diagnosis so he is redesigning the canopy on the bike so I can get off and on it without bending my spine. Lots to do here plus work for as long as that continues fingers crossed. Hope you are staying engaged and happy and well despite the circumstances and thinking of you and your mom and grandmother. How are they doing? (((Hugs))).

Missy, please tell me more about this osteoporosis thing. You probably have already told us here, but this thread moves so fast I gave up finding the details. I know of course thatyou should try not to fall etc but also not bend your back? Sounds challenging! Tons of hugs your way! I really do think lightning has struck enough times in your place now. Hugs!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Trust me, @Tekate - winter is back! There is more snow on the mountain than the sum of the past ten months combined, all from two nights of rain (down here) & snowing (over 2500m up). I am tired like never from gardening & this is the busiest time I have had in ages anyway ... but the rains, three months late as they come, may well end next week, so this is the time to cut & burn vines - a small mound therof, about 1.5 times my height and ten times my weight (or so my bones think) from under which a clumb of young medlars has emerged ,) - I love their flowers & fruit, so yay! for the unexpected gift .)

@missy Fun blue ring! (most times - of perhaps tenty total? I put on nail polish, it was such a blue / kingfisher!) I do not dare go to Granada - the city is disturbed, if not nearly as much as yours, while this place looks like any other Sunday (there were fireworks the other day, Newroz? Not impossible! I wish I had a few too, to reply.) I would not want to go near any healthcare facility, unless life dependend on it (thinking of Greg & you too); I've put off one trip to the local farmacy last evening & thankfully, it isn't needed, phew! IDK to visit even the farmacy (I doubt they get more than ten customers each day - everyone with anything real or immaginary, carefully self-selected; I am in awe with the four people manning that joint & anyone else who cannot avoind being in the middle of the storm ,( ) All medical appts have been decreed canceled here (except oncology & such ,( ) I couldn't begin to tell how much I agree with this! (also, technically)

The new canopy design looks good enough to patent.

@marcy I'll wonder what you make of working remotely; I had many short rounds (after all, work has always been some kind of writing), a few terrific (fluid Q&A much better than in person, as if one did not need to stop talking to write!) & one apocalyptic. I have forgotten how it fealt to change to home office.

_

Now we didn't do it

- not us

Last edited:

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone :wavey:, we are ok here. The sun is shining and we have been out in our garden bird spotting and bug hunting. Although I now have a jar of creepy crawlies sat on my kitchen table! :eek2: They will need to be returned to the garden! The cats are starting to take an interest too. :lol-2:
Trying to do little jobs, keep busy and not focus too much on media reports! Really not good for my anxiety levels. I have had a chat with my husband and we are considering ways he can work from home/ reduce hours in the office.
My boy is doing really well but has been very anxious. He did not want to go to sleep alone last night and snuggled on the sofa with us snoring! :kiss2: However trying to carry a 9 year old with lanky legs up a narrow staircase to bed was quite a challenge.
Love to everyone @missy @Tekate @marcy @AV_ @Scandinavian @Daisys and Diamonds @Mamabean @canuk-gal @sarahb @junebug17 and everyone reading!

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello everyone! We're hanging in there. I alternate between being fine and then in panic mode. I know I am not alone in this. We're all in it together. At times like this I am glad I am a homebody. Some days I think I never want to leave my house again. Unfortunately I think this may lead to permanent social anxiety if I'm not careful.

I have keeping busy with baking. I made 3 dozen whole wheat banana bran muffins. Yesterday I made "mystery" cookies. I call them that because I was in the beginning of a panic attack when I started and lost track of what I was throwing in the bowl (lol). I had originally decided to alter some of the ingredients and was using a different measuring cup and before I knew it I looked at my bowl and didn't have a clue of the measurements. Thank goodness I am an experienced baker so I can wing it with good results. I started adding a bit of this and a bit of that and they actually turned out better than the original. I was not going to let all my ripe bananas go to waste.

In the big scheme of things this is not important, it's just inconvenient. Our reverse osmosis water purifier broke, DH replaced the filter but it looks like it's the valve. The repairman tried troubleshooting over the phone. We have filtered water on our fridge and we ordered a Brita water pitcher to be delivered next week. Our city has very soft water and it tastes terrible without filtration. It's perfectly safe water but just tastes really bad.

I feel very fortunate that my DH and I have such a stable marriage. We always say the main thing is we really like each other as well as love one another (we all know it's possible to love someone without liking them). We never tire of each others company although like any relationship we each have foibles that get on each other's nerves occasionally. I am a migraine sufferer which makes me a bit irrational and emotional at times as in the following asparagus story. I am already feeling we are in 'survival mode" which means no wasting. We had some leftover asparagus that I didn't want to go to bad sitting in the refrigerator. DH laughed at me and I nearly bit his head off before I burst into tears. Now he knows we can't waste a thing. I made a pasta salad with the leftover asparagus and yesterday we had cheese and tomato sandwiches with our last ripe tomato. He made a point of telling me we shouldn't waste it or our bread.

We had started re-watching one of our favourite tv series - Foyle's War. We had to stop. It felt too much like real life at the moment, especially the food rationing.

I won't reply to each of you but I hope you're all doing as well as can be expected during this troubling and devastating time.

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@Poodles4me :wavey: Hiya, can I please order some virtual whole wheat banana bran muffins, pretty please! :lickout:

images.jpeg-4.jpg

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

We’re off to bed shortly, Lord knows I could do with the sleep. Just wanted to check in and say we’re still alive :D

Feeling a little less anxious as I’ve managed to get a fruit and vegetable delivery this week (hopefully they’ll turn up) and booked another for a few weeks forward, plus the meat order I put in on Friday. Colin’s ordered tea and coffee so we have the staples of life coming.

Noone can say we’re not helping the economy!

As Scarlett O’Hara said, tomorrow is another day, and I’ll be making a conscious effort not to be anxious.

I’m thinking of you ALL, take care xxx :wavey:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi girlfriends...I can only pop on for a little bit...David is usually at work during the day so I have more time...My mom likes to stay upstairs in her room during the day in Pennsylvania...Now we are all on the same floor...David I can handle..It’s my mom...I can’t even tell you what‘s going on with her...:sick: David has been so happy staying here...He’s even letting me give him a hug..lol
I hope everyone is hanging in there...xxxxxooooo

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@Tekate that’s good news Chris has internet and can make his own bread once he finds a mix or ingredients. I was thinking of ordering a bread machine too. We used to have one but we ate way too much bread; how could we not when we came home to hot, fresh bread ready to eat? You are so right bosses never want us to take a day off; since I’ve got over 5 weeks of vacation available he can get over it or not. Most of Marty’s clients are posting pictures of going for walks or lifting things around the house, it is kind of cute. I am sorry to hear your former nephew is so restricted in Venice. Italy has been hit hard for sure. I hope Mike is only suffering from allergies. What movie did you watch? Mmm brownies.

@Daisys and Diamonds I hope you are doing well.

@Jimmianne I can’t say I am highly motivated today either. I have 2 batches of laundry to do and they are still waiting for my attention.

@missy I am sorry you aren’t enjoying lifting weights. I checked the live images on Earth Cam from Times Square and 5th Avenue; there are not many people or cars out. I have no idea about masks either. When this first started they said you should wear them only if you are sick but that could have changed by now. The 2 employees that want to go in to work are the lady who just recently lost her husband so I’m guessing she’d rather get out of the house and the other lady is kind of a hoarder and doesn’t have any place set up to work plus she mentioned she didn’t want to use her printer. I am sure Greg will get your canopy adjusted so you don’t have to bend your spine. Beautiful magnolia trees.

@Scandinavian I agree about lightning striking @missy to many times. You certainly have your share of lightning strikes too. I keep your mom and grandmother in my thoughts; How are they doing?

@AV_ oh no to lots of snow in the mountains; do you have troubles with flooding when it melts? I think I’ll be bored working from home. I’ve done it for a day or two during blizzards and didn’t care for it. I hope to adapt soon though.

@Niffler75 I am glad to hear you are all doing fine. I hope your DH can figure out a way to work from home sometimes. Your garden adventures sound like something you son would love.

@Poodles4me I think we all feel that way. I would be baking but Marty eats a lot of eggs so I hate to cut in to his breakfast supply. Once we get more; the baking is on. I am glad your mystery cookies turned out good. I am also being careful to not waste things right now.

@Austina what a relief to have fruits and veggies on the way. It is hard not to be anxious but it doesn’t really help us either. We decided this morning if we need something Marty will go get it; he’ll be in and out quicker than me and doesn’t mind using self-checkout.

@bliing_dream19 gorgeous cherry blossom trees. I see they have a Cherry Blossom webcam on Earth cams; I looked at it earlier today.

@Mamabean that is nice David likes it there and lets you hug him. I am sorry your mom isn’t as happy to be there. Big hugs to you.

I lifted this morning. I need serious Advil right now. Marty is watching things I find boring so I am working on the April article for the paper and the April newsletter.

We had burgers on the grill for lunch.

I’m off to see if my thrill-o-meter has any activity on it.

I did dig my ering out; my poor ACA has been locked up for days. I missed it.

Take care.
Marcy

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@marcy - I am the opposite, I don’t want DH to use eggs because I want to save them for baking. But I did relent today and he made us an omelet for lunch today. He reminded me he has to shop this week ☹.

@Niffler75 - Unfortunately I can’t send you muffins but I can share the recipe .

We went for a walk up and down our cul-de-sac today. We encountered a couple of teenage boys walking their German Shepherd. They could barely contain the dog which made me nervous. The second time we passed them one of them thought it would be funny to pretend to cough/gag :x2.

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies, it's Monday once again. The days are blurring into one another with a speed almost beyond my comprehension but that is good in a way. May the nightmare of this time be soon behind us and a distant memory with a good tomorrow on its way for us all.

Hi everyone :wavey:, we are ok here. The sun is shining and we have been out in our garden bird spotting and bug hunting. Although I now have a jar of creepy crawlies sat on my kitchen table! :eek2: They will need to be returned to the garden! The cats are starting to take an interest too. :lol-2:
Trying to do little jobs, keep busy and not focus too much on media reports! Really not good for my anxiety levels. I have had a chat with my husband and we are considering ways he can work from home/ reduce hours in the office.
My boy is doing really well but has been very anxious. He did not want to go to sleep alone last night and snuggled on the sofa with us snoring! :kiss2: However trying to carry a 9 year old with lanky legs up a narrow staircase to bed was quite a challenge.
Love to everyone @missy @Tekate @marcy @AV_ @Scandinavian @Daisys and Diamonds @Mamabean @canuk-gal @sarahb @junebug17 and everyone reading!

Glad your son is doing well and hope his anxiety decreases her time. We are all anxious to be sure. I am glad the cats are well and that you are keeping busy and not focusing on the media and the way they hype everything making us all nervous. No good from that and best to take it in small doses. Hope your dh can work more from home soon. (((Hugs))).

@missy Fun blue ring! (most times - of perhaps tenty total? I put on nail polish, it was such a blue / kingfisher!) I do not dare go to Granada - the city is disturbed, if not nearly as much as yours, while this place looks like any other Sunday (there were fireworks the other day, Newroz? Not impossible! I wish I had a few too, to reply.) I would not want to go near any healthcare facility, unless life dependend on it (thinking of Greg & you too); I've put off one trip to the local farmacy last evening & thankfully, it isn't needed, phew! IDK to visit even the farmacy (I doubt they get more than ten customers each day - everyone with anything real or immaginary, carefully self-selected; I am in awe with the four people manning that joint & anyone else who cannot avoind being in the middle of the storm ,( ) All medical appts have been decreed canceled here (except oncology & such ,( ) I couldn't begin to tell how much I agree with this! (also, technically)

The new canopy design looks good enough to patent.

Why thank you @AV_ and I will tell Greg. I love blue nail polish but these days wear no polish at all. Even on my toes. Stopped wearing it many many years ago and have not worn nail polish for over 2 decades probably with any regularity that is. I am glad you are in a peaceful area and long may it remain that way. Yes everything not essential needs to be put on hold and I am holding back thoughts of worry and despair over other health concerns. All take a back burner to Covid 19 at this time. (((Hugs))) and be well.

@Tekate big hugs to you Kate the Great and wonderful. How is your son? How is your DIL? How is Autie doing? And you and John? Are you feeling well and calm? Thinking of you and I love you girlie. Be well take care and hang in there. (((HUGS))).

Hello lovelies

We’re off to bed shortly, Lord knows I could do with the sleep. Just wanted to check in and say we’re still alive :D

Feeling a little less anxious as I’ve managed to get a fruit and vegetable delivery this week (hopefully they’ll turn up) and booked another for a few weeks forward, plus the meat order I put in on Friday. Colin’s ordered tea and coffee so we have the staples of life coming.

Noone can say we’re not helping the economy!

As Scarlett O’Hara said, tomorrow is another day, and I’ll be making a conscious effort not to be anxious.

I’m thinking of you ALL, take care xxx :wavey:

Yay for getting food supplies and feeling less anxious. Hope you slept well and are having a good day. We are all doing our part for the economy that is true.
As for tomorrow being another day Amen to that. Scarlett O'Hara was a wise woman. (((Hugs))).

Hi girlfriends...I can only pop on for a little bit...David is usually at work during the day so I have more time...My mom likes to stay upstairs in her room during the day in Pennsylvania...Now we are all on the same floor...David I can handle..It’s my mom...I can’t even tell you what‘s going on with her...:sick: David has been so happy staying here...He’s even letting me give him a hug..lol
I hope everyone is hanging in there...xxxxxooooo

I am sorry your mom isn't doing well emotionally and I hope that changes. Glad David is doing well and accepting hugs. That rocks. Sending you lots of hugs dear Joanne. XOXO.

Hi friends I am thinking about everyone and sending love relaxing and calming thoughts. Here is a pic of my cherry blossom tree to brighten your day! 20200322_131241.jpg

Love that cherry blossom. Thank you for brightening up my morning. (((hugs))) @bling_dream19 and stay well. XOXO.

I lifted this morning. I need serious Advil right now. Marty is watching things I find boring so I am working on the April article for the paper and the April newsletter.

We had burgers on the grill for lunch.

I’m off to see if my thrill-o-meter has any activity on it.

I did dig my ering out; my poor ACA has been locked up for days. I missed it.

Yay to lifting and keeping strong. I am sorry you are in some discomfort right now. Good for you working on the April newsletter. Glad you enjoyed burgers for lunch and sweet to visit your ACA. Don't keep it locked away. Wear and enjoy that beauty. Let's all try keeping our thrill o meter low these days. We can use peaceful quiet not exciting days IMO. Hugs and good wishes to you dear Marcy.

We went for a walk up and down our cul-de-sac today. We encountered a couple of teenage boys walking their German Shepherd. They could barely contain the dog which made me nervous. The second time we passed them one of them thought it would be funny to pretend to cough/gag :x2.

I feel very fortunate that my DH and I have such a stable marriage. We always say the main thing is we really like each other as well as love one another (we all know it's possible to love someone without liking them). We never tire of each others company although like any relationship we each have foibles that get on each other's nerves occasionally.

Glad you and your dh have such a great relationship. That will serve you well going through this pandemic challenging time. To love each other and like each other is everything. So happy you guys have that. (((Hugs)))

As for those kids- Not funny at all re the kids pretending to cough. Stupid behavior on the kids part but I guess kids will be kids Covid 19 or not. Glad you enjoyed a walk though and sending you hugs and good wishes.

Missy, please tell me more about this osteoporosis thing. You probably have already told us here, but this thread moves so fast I gave up finding the details. I know of course thatyou should try not to fall etc but also not bend your back? Sounds challenging! Tons of hugs your way! I really do think lightning has struck enough times in your place now. Hugs!

Hi sweetie, how is your mom and grandmother doing? How are the kids handling the isolation? Sending you big hugs.

I'll message you if you are interested but in a nutshell one needs to keep one's spine in a neutral position when OP exists in the spine because compression fractures (of the vertebrae) can occur very easily from just bending or coughing (uh oh Covid-19 causes so much coughing :( ) so we do what we can to minimize fracture risk of the vertebrae. It is more common that you would think and it can be life changing. And now that concern really needs to be more on the back burner as Covid 19 takes precedence.

@springerspaniel how are you doing and how is your family? Thinking of you and sending you lots of well wishes and comforting (((hugs))).

@Slick1 how are you doing? And the family? Sending you hugs and love.

We took a short walk yesterday to get some sun and we wore our homemade masks. Greg made a pink one for me. Quick and dirty but hopefully it helps somewhat. I have to thank LLJSmom for advising me to wear it when we go out if there will be other people around. She was the impetus for me to say hey let's do something here with a mask. I am not one to wear something on my face but will do the best I can as long as I can because we all want to remain well. Fingers and toes crossed.

Sending you all hugs and well wishes and lots of love.

Leaving you with some of the beautiful scenery we encountered yesterday on our short walk.
Screen Shot 2020-03-23 at 7.56.54 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-23 at 7.57.07 AM.png

And lastly a poem in a community garden near us...somehow it seems fitting it's behind bars. As we are all figuratively at the moment behind virtual bars.

Screen Shot 2020-03-23 at 7.58.56 AM.png

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy Nothing like an old tree in flower! .) & the stance tells how I feel about quince trees .))) - we had many more, but this one was the least common, sheltered & growing very slowly up north.

@mambean I am so sorry to hear you are even more burdened ,( If you cannot assume away annoyance, it must be a mountain of it!

gottago

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Nothing like an old tree in flower

Or an old girl in a mask. :lol: Something poetic and fitting re the times

Hope you are going to something cheerful and productive. Be well @AV_

The only place I need to go today is into the exercise room from the bedroom where I am having trouble motivating myself at the moment...

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
My mom is in a great mood...for her...lol...She’s just giving me some challenges which I can’t describe here...I will tell you she took three Immodiums which you should not take first of all...It’s definitely not something a 94 year old should do. I’ll leave you with that thought! The fun never ends here! I have since hidden them from her...:lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My mom is in a great mood...for her...lol...She’s just giving me some challenges which I can’t describe here...I will tell you she took three Immodiums which you should not take first of all...It’s definitely not something a 94 year old should do. I’ll leave you with that thought! The fun never ends here! I have since hidden them from her...:lol:

Oh my goodness, I hope she will be just fine. And as long as that is true I can laugh. LOL I needed a laugh this morning, thank you Joanne. :lol:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! I'm having trouble keeping up, sorry if I miss something!

@Tekate, thanks for your nice words. I enjoy you and your posts and think the same of you. I'm glad Chris is doing ok, so glad he finally has internet...my kids are hunkered down too. Not thrilled with dd being in Hoboken but she and her bf are staying in and being careful. At some point maybe they will come here...right now she is worried she will give it to us. How is Mike? I hope he's feeling better by now.

@Mamabean, I saw in another thread that you were able to get David's meds. Pretty sure it's ok to go to pharmacies during shelter in place but sounds like everything worked out. Hang in there, It's nice your mom is in good spirits but I'm sorry she's a bit of a handful right now. Baking bread sounds like fun and a nice way to pass the time. The price gouging going on is really awful.

@Niffler75, good to hear you and your family are doing well. I hope your husband can figure out a way to cut down on the time he's in the office. Aw, I'm sorry your little guy is anxious and it sounds like you're doing all you can do calm him down. You're a good mama!

@Jimmianne, sounds like you're doing ok and I'm so glad. Thank you for the nice words re my ring. Right now I'm working on accepting that this new life is going to go on for a while. Thank goodness for online bling vendors lol. I know what you mean...I feel lazy and lethargic too. So easy to just put things off until tomorrow. Because tomorrow is wide open too. I feel like I need to set up some kind of routine...I eventually will but right now I'm just winging it.

@missy, this virus has created lots of worries and it's natural to have moments of being overwhelmed by it all. It's hard to keep anxiety in check all the time and all we can do is try. I didn't realize the crawl was cancelled only because of the order, sheesh. It seems like a long time ago. Thanks for the nice words on my ring. Hang in there with the weight exercises, you'll build up strength as you go. I'm sorry you're having trouble finding food for the ferals and I hope the stores stock up soon. Your blue ring is so pretty, and the penguin ring is very cute. One of my favorite animals. Thanks for thinking of my brother...I talked to him last night and he's doing well. The mask is a great idea.

@AV_, your clam risotto sounds delicious. I'm glad your work is going well and keeping you busy. Love your pictures of the quince flowers, really pretty.

@bling_dream19 , your dinners sound so delicious. And yes, your new diamond brightened my day. Looking forward to pics. Glad you and your dh are doing well.

@Scandinavian, your bread looks so good. I'm glad things are good with you, and that you're enjoying walks in that beautiful place you live. Good idea to take your youngest separate. Life is stressful enough right now lol. Such beautiful pics of your doggie and the snow.

@Austina, I'm sorry about your trip. Life has changed so quickly. I get your concern about going out for food - dh and I are still going to grocery stores once a week and we wear gloves and take them off when we leave the store. I tried to order online but it wasn't working, I need to give it another try. I know what you mean, sometimes watching news a lot just ends up stressing one out, and I think it's good to take a break from it occasionally. So sweet of your neighbors to pick up groceries for you.

@marcy, Costco was out of some things...meat and chicken...but the frozen section was well stocked. Seems like the stores here take several days to stock up. LOL to your day 1 post. We are in crazy times for sure. I must have missed it but someone mentioned Marty's gym is closed? I'm sorry about that. It's great he's keeping in touch and giving tips. The gyms I go to in NJ and SC are providing online classes and I really appreciate it. Good luck with working from home, I know it's an adjustment.

@Poodles4me, your banana muffins sound wonderful, love those. I've been more conscious of not wasting food too. Good to hear you and dh are doing well. It's natural to be upset sometimes during such a trying time and I think it's good you let your feelings out. Sending you thoughts of comfort and peace.

Everything is ok here...everybody is good, kids are staying in and my brothers and sister are well. One issue...my niece and her husband were in Norway when this all broke out and were tested coming back to the US...he has a fever and cough but doing ok and they are still waiting on the results. Of course they are quarantined.

Dh and I will probably leave for SC at the end of the week and stay for a week, maybe 2. Dh and I will self-isolate and be super careful. I'm not planning on seeing my sister or husband while I'm there. Maybe if dh and I are symptom free for a week or so we can meet on the beach or something. We'll see. Honestly, I'd be ok just staying here but dh would like to be in warm weather and go for a walk on the beach.

Thinking of everyone, please take care all!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s been decided. Gracie is working from home til further notice. And she’s not taking any cra* either. She’s a tough negotiator.

Good news Junie. So glad your brother is doing well and you’re enjoying online workouts. I definitely think sticking to a routine during this time is so helpful.

Sending good thoughts for your niece and her dh to get well soon.

Escaping to SC sounds amazing and I’m hoping we will be able to head to the beach if things calm down here. But it’s very uncertain times. Hoping for the best. And we will all get through this. ❤️

Hugs. Stay well.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@marcy Not expecting floods from two weeks or so of very mild rain every night [floods are rarer than earthquakes, river beds get to collect moisture rather than drain flow - they are the best gardens possible!]; I was worried there will be a serious drought, since there were no timely winter rains - and we have had a forest fire already last week, although these usually happen cca June-September. This is all the rain we are likely to get the whole year. Feel free to curse working from home in detail.

@missy If you get in the mood to pin cherry flowers to your shirt, I will not hold it against you, I wear small ones often enough .)

@Mamabean At least your mother is 94, I have known far younger professors with such habits that they barely survive over & over.

@junebug17 Good to hear all is well, or nearly. If your SC house is further out of the way, it can only be a good thing. I wish I could get tested, I am the travelled youngster of the street & IDK to be 'the source' without knowing, but, it is impossible, so I am unfriendly to neighbours the best I can ,(

hale!? wash to bring in!

Last edited:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Or an old girl in a mask. :lol: Something poetic and fitting re the times

pinkfacemaskedition1.png

Hope you are going to something cheerful and productive. Be well @AV_

The only place I need to go today is into the exercise room from the bedroom where I am having trouble motivating myself at the moment...

Missy, this really is the cutest picture ever! Love how you have accessorised your sunglasses with that mask to make them really pop! Sorry, attempt of humor, but not sorry! You really do look cute though!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Scandinavian, your bread looks so good. I'm glad things are good with you, and that you're enjoying walks in that beautiful place you live. Good idea to take your youngest separate. Life is stressful enough right now lol. Such beautiful pics of your doggie and the snow.

Awww Thank you Junie! Yes, my youngest does have a tendency to raise my stress levels.. LOL

Everything is ok here...everybody is good, kids are staying in and my brothers and sister are well. One issue...my niece and her husband were in Norway when this all broke out and were tested coming back to the US...he has a fever and cough but doing ok and they are still waiting on the results. Of course they are quarantined.

Good thing they are quarantined! This thing is spreading really fast in Norway now according to the newspapers! Hoping you will all be okay and cough free soon!

This is all the rain we are likely to get the whole year. Feel free to curse working from home in detail.

Can I please complain too? I'm desperately trying to finish some projects before anyone gets an idea to cancel them… And DH is working from home too, and HOW is it possible to spend that much time in conference calls and be THAT loud doing it ?? LOL and OMG if that is allowed too.

Mine and me are doing as well as can be expected. Thank you for asking @missy :) My mother is a bit scared, and is self isolating. I do the shopping etc but she just asks me to leave it at her doorstep. My grandmother is a bit less stressed, but she is 88 years old and does have high blood pressure, diabetes and a heart condition, so we are forcing her to stay at home alone as well for the time being. The children are trying their best not to drive us crazy, LOL. We are keeping them at home.

Furbaby F (number 1, you are quite right re last picture @marcy - you are really good!) half ripped out a nail / claw and had to have it surgically removed today. So thankful I have a vet best friend!! Paying her of course, but no people and no waiting time is worth all the gold in the world sometimes!

Hugs to all!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Jimmianne I made the bean soup this morning. I soaked the beans in water overnight...I don’t have a lot of spices here...I cut up a bunch of carrots, celery tops, and a large onion. I added a small amount of cayenne pepper, garlic powder, (I didn’t want to use up my garlic for soup), paprika, salt and pepper...One large can of crushed tomatoes...and one cup of rice near the end to stretch it...It was yummy!!! I gave it to my mom and David for lunch. I just had a taste. I’ll have it tomorrow..

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello my dear NIRDI's, I hope you all are doing well given the circumstances. Our state just issued a full stay at home order. The sarahb household is in good shape. DH's business is designated as a critical business, so he will remain open. Anxious times for all, especially those who are loosing their incomes. This entire thing is horrific in so many ways for so many people.

Like @Poodles4me, I vacillate between full on panic to 'we'll be ok'. Last night was panic, today I'm ok.

As all of us, I do worry about the ramifications to our country as a whole, such a tragedy for so many.

I love hearing about the days & lives of all of you especially the fur baby pic's & nature pic's. Such an upper, please keep posting. As soon as my garden awakes, I'll also post flower pic's, & below, I'll post some pics of baby Jack. He's such an old man right now at 15, such a dear old guy. He uses his ramp to go up & down, wished we had gotten the ramp years ago. To those of you with younger dogs, get one now, my hunch is it would've helped with his arthritis in his shoulder & wrist.

I hope to start gardening once the temps fall a bit. It's still in the 30's to low 40's, just a bit too cold to be out there at the moment. My daffodils are up a few inches, the spring show is about to begin here. We had the back & part of the front yard re-landscaped last summer & planted a few new things, so am anxious to see what the spring brings forth, especially our new dogwood, I chose a rose colored blossom & can't wait to see what shade it actually is.

Family here are all good, family in Seattle are all ok. I hope & pray for our country, our families & friends both here & in real life. Hang in there everyone.
sarahb
XOXO

Mr. Jack last week...
IMG_5110.jpeg
and watching Mr. Squirrel last fall...
IMG_4453.jpeg

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Can I please complain too? I'm desperately trying to finish some projects before anyone gets an idea to cancel them… And DH is working from home too, and HOW is it possible to spend that much time in conference calls and be THAT loud doing it ?? LOL and OMG if that is allowed too.

My mother is a bit scared, and is self isolating. I do the shopping etc but she just asks me to leave it at her doorstep.

I'll take every compaint about working from home! [What will I do with them all? - not sure yet; there will be a garden fire next Monday]

Your mother should be head of the WTO; does she like campaigning? I wouldn't eat with or use the same bathroom with anyone with dicey immunity [thinking of the protocol used for home care post op. - a worse situation, but I am not seeing instructions for now; I do not have anyone here to worry about, but friends do & I had at times.] You are probably isolated enough to be not 1000% serious about such details. Allot of other doings, I see less reason for [can they jail us for saying as much? Not so sure, I do keep joking ,((( ]

-

Logging complaint re work from home: I cannot start, then, I cannot stop - some twelve hours of procrastination / day ... (a little left out of this Monday)

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just lost a whole post...ugh...
@missy Gracie is so adorable...What a face...The last pic is cuteness overload!
I love your pink mask...Did Greg make that for you? That’s so great he was able to make your canopy on the bike easier for you to get in and out.
Did you ever decide what med to take for the OP? You probably mentioned it but I didn’t see it. I’m convinced I must have it since I had Osteopenia last time. I remember reading about the fractures that can happen with certain drugs..so I decided to forgo doing anything for a while...I use to do shopping every day carrying in all the heavy groceries...I like to think it helped me a little...I would switch hands to carry them in...
I was just watching the news and Governor Cuomo was talking about using the Javits center as a hospital/convalescent center for patients...I also heard Trump say he was going to have a large ship docked at the New York Harbor to do the same thing. I feel like we are in the middle of a movie...It’s so surreal..using @Slick1 ‘s expression...It’s the perfect word to describe it..
I am trying to be creative with meals because feeding the crew with what I have is challenging...I made a big pot of bean soup but added rice to stretch it. David hates soup..so I told him it was stew...and he ate it! I don’t think I could pull that off with a broth based soup..Have you been able to find more supplies? I saw ad on IG for wild salmon. I also saw an ad for Perdue chicken on IG if anyone needs chicken. It comes frozen which is safer in my opinion.
My mom’s issue resolved but I had to sacrifice a bunch of frozen veggies for the goal! :lol::sick:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just lost a whole post...ugh...
@missy Gracie is so adorable...What a face...The last pic is cuteness overload!
I love your pink mask...Did Greg make that for you? That’s so great he was able to make your canopy on the bike easier for you to get in and out.
Did you ever decide what med to take for the OP? You probably mentioned it but I didn’t see it. I’m convinced I must have it since I had Osteopenia last time. I remember reading about the fractures that can happen with certain drugs..so I decided to forgo doing anything for a while...I use to do shopping every day carrying in all the heavy groceries...I like to think it helped me a little...I would switch hands to carry them in...
I was just watching the news and Governor Cuomo was talking about using the Javits center as a hospital/convalescent center for patients...I also heard Trump say he was going to have a large ship docked at the New York Harbor to do the same thing. I feel like we are in the middle of a movie...It’s so surreal..using @slick1‘s expression...It’s the perfect word to describe it..
I am trying to be creative with meals because feeding the crew with what I have is challenging...I made a big lot of bean soup but added rice to stretch it. David hates soup..so I told him it was stew...and he ate it! I don’t think I could pull that off with a broth based soup..Have you been able to find more supplies? I saw ad on IG for wild salmon. I also saw an ad for Perdue chicken On IG if anyone needs chicken. It comes frozen which is safer in my opinion.
My mom’s issue resolved but I had to sacrifice a bunch of frozen veggies for the goal! :lol::sick:

Hi Joanne, that is great your mom's issue is resolved despite the frozen veggies being sacrificed lol. I am going to have some issues of my own if I cannot get sufficient produce but that is definitely TMI LOL.

The OP meds are all on hold because my appointments have been canceled. So everything is up in the air. I cannot do anything without further testing as my numbers were worrisome and now that is on hold too. But my new mantra one day at a time and serenity now. LOL and Oy Vey.:lol:

I think lifting your heavy groceries definitely had to help your bones. So you may be A OK.

Yup we are in the middle of a Twilight Zone movie. It's all so surreal and bizarre. Unreal. Like a bad movie about being in the middle of an Apocalypse or something.

No supplies per se besides what we already had. I mean so far produce is available thank goodness and if that holds I will be so relieved. I have canned sardines and one frozen salmon in the freezer and one bag of frozen langostinos too. So that would be enough food for 2 weeks. And with the sardines that is good for another 2 weeks. I don't really eat lunch (early dinner main meal) so I think we would be OK. Unless it goes on for very long and if we cannot get more supplies well that would be worrisome.

You have a bigger crew to feed so I am glad you are stretching the meals and soup is good food.
I am glad David ate the "stew" that is some quick thinking on your part!
I wish Greg would be up to making soup. No soup for us. :lol:

I am not watching the news so not aware of the Javitz center becoming a makeshift hospital. Wow.
Yes the mask was made by Greg. Not bad. But I am so not a mask person. Though it is nice to be incognito haha.

Sending you hugs and lots of good wishes. Stay well.
Gracie is purring her love and meowlicious kisses your way.

Screen Shot 2020-03-23 at 3.05.51 PM.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello my dear NIRDI's, I hope you all are doing well given the circumstances. Our state just issued a full stay at home order. The sarahb household is in good shape. DH's business is designated as a critical business, so he will remain open. Anxious times for all, especially those who are loosing their incomes. This entire thing is horrific in so many ways for so many people.

Like @Poodles4me, I vacillate between full on panic to 'we'll be ok'. Last night was panic, today I'm ok.

As all of us, I do worry about the ramifications to our country as a whole, such a tragedy for so many.

I love hearing about the days & lives of all of you especially the fur baby pic's & nature pic's. Such an upper, please keep posting. As soon as my garden awakes, I'll also post flower pic's, & below, I'll post some pics of baby Jack. He's such an old man right now at 15, such a dear old guy. He uses his ramp to go up & down, wished we had gotten the ramp years ago. To those of you with younger dogs, get one now, my hunch is it would've helped with his arthritis in his shoulder & wrist.

I hope to start gardening once the temps fall a bit. It's still in the 30's to low 40's, just a bit too cold to be out there at the moment. My daffodils are up a few inches, the spring show is about to begin here. We had the back & part of the front yard re-landscaped last summer & planted a few new things, so am anxious to see what the spring brings forth, especially our new dogwood, I chose a rose colored blossom & can't wait to see what shade it actually is.

Family here are all good, family in Seattle are all ok. I hope & pray for our country, our families & friends both here & in real life. Hang in there everyone.
sarahb
XOXO

Mr. Jack last week...
IMG_5110.jpeg
and watching Mr. Squirrel last fall...
IMG_4453.jpeg

Awww Jack is the sweetest. :love:
I am glad you have it under control and that your household is A OK. And glad your DH is working.
Yes these are stressful times for most everyone but those who have lost or may be losing their jobs well it is just insult upon injury and my heart goes out to everyone. These times are unprecedented.

I too vacillate between calm and panic. Many many times a day. I keep telling myself we will be OK. I hope it comes true and I think it will but there is a small worry tugging away but I try quieting that.

I cannot wait for you to start gardening as I know that will bring you joy and comfort and will also bring beauty which will be a spirit booster indeed.

Sending you big hugs and lots of love and well wishes. (((HUGS))).

LOL Oliver gets into everything. Greg working on the bike canopy and of course Oliver had to explore. He has FOMO. LOL

Screen Shot 2020-03-23 at 3.11.30 PM.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results