carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls. It's Caturday Saturday.

@junebug17 hope the tree trimming went smoothly yesterday. Thanks for the chewy link. I love Chewy and we have been ordering from them almost every day. Glad that helped Zoe eat and thank you for all your support. Hugs.
Any weekend plans?

@missy I'm with Joanne, hold on, things will improve. You were so traumatized by Frankie's sudden turn, but I also do believe in being prepared. There is a reason why Oliver was brought into your radar and family, it is your karma, your destiny, the way it should go. You just remember all the good you are doing. Maybe Fred is just traumatized too Missy, as Scandi said, he's eating a bit. My heart to yours. always.

Thank you as always dear Kate the great. I appreciate the sentiment that there was a reason Oliver came into our lives. The thing is with Fred is yes he is traumatized but physically he has an URI which came about probably because of the treatments for ringworm and the stress of those treatments and lime dip. The issue is if we don't treat Fred none of the other cats (nor us) will be able to clear ringworm unless we isolate him completely. Which is as good as signing his death sentence. So what to do. Not going to go into it online but if only there were some good choices. There are not. But I will hold onto what you said about doing good and hold onto the positive. Hugs.

@Austina thanks for sharing your experience. Fred has another URI (probably from the stress of the meds and the lime sulfur bath) and when he has that he cannot smell food so he won't eat. At the suggestion of my sister we gave him Neosynephrine last night (to clear his nasal passages but we can only use that for 3 days max due to side effects) and Mirtizapine and he ate a bite. But it isn't going to be enough to sustain him as this is day 5 of barely eating anything most days. We are continuing to do what we can and administer SubQ. Debbie told me we cannot do Sub Q more than a week and it just won't sustain him if he doesn't start eating and drinking on his own. Glad Dottie made it through. Seems dogs are hardier in most ways than finicky delicate cats. Note to self. Next furbaby if we ever get another will be a dog.

Oh no about BA being on strike and I hope it doesn't affect your travel plans and that everything works out. Hopefully they will settle and everyone can continue business as usual. XO

@Calliecake when Greg had kidney stones he had them removed laparoscopically and it went pretty smoothly. I remember waiting for him at the hospital just me and the time went quickly and before we knew it he was out and home again. Out patient procedure at NYU. I don't remember why we chose that over breaking it up but I am confident you will make the best decision for you and you are already ahead of the game getting a second opinion. Hope it continues to not bother you and that you continue to have no symptoms and that your procedure (whatever you decide to do) goes smoothly. You're going to be OK. XO.

@missy I wish you could be cold hearted every now & then!

It could be that the frightened & exhausted Fred might take isolation for shelter - in the way I see other cats retreating in the most obscure nooks they can possibly find for much less reason. I doubt any will ever think as highly of me to appreciate company even in such times.

I have no real news - not expecting any until mid August; until then, I can promise that none of the blackberries will ever make it into the house, let alone into a desert - until way more of them will get ripen at once at the height of their season when I will remember the jam & crumble @Austina mentioned!); till then, they are best eaten off the bush & I am paying them my respects very often ,)

@AV_ I wish that too. More than once I have wished I didn't feel things as strongly as I do. It makes life more challenging. But I feel such pain for what my furbabies are going through. It's as if I am going through it too. But to make it worse not only am I feeling their pain but it is times 4 and then on top of that we have to torture them with the meds and dips etc well yes it is a lot to handle. I am taking it one step at a time. It is such a long process it is all we can do. Cannot look too far ahead.

Ooh yes to jam and crumble and I hope the blackberries ripen soon. And truth be told eating them off the bush might be the most delicious way to enjoy them.:lickout:

Mid August will be here before we know it. Hoping you get news you want to hear. Hugs.

@Scandinavian sweet Scandi. Hugs to you and your mom and continued healing wishes. Talk about life being difficult and unfair and I am hoping you guys get a miracle cure.

@Slick1 I think of you every day and hoping each day brings improvement and good health and happiness at having so much behind you and so much to look forward to. Sending you more hugs.

I think I covered everyone. If I missed you I am sorry. We had a good ride yesterday and yes got Days. Today is raining so not sure we will be able to go for a ride. The situation remains the same and it is touch and go for Fred. Bobby is getting worse re ringworm and we just keep plugging along.

Screen Shot 2019-08-03 at 5.07.29 AM.png

One of the views as we were riding yesterday

Screen Shot 2019-08-03 at 5.07.55 AM.png

And lastly the sunrise. Gorgeous.

seagirtsunrise.jpg

Enjoy a lovely Saturday girls. XOXO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Speaking of cats. LOL.

Screen Shot 2019-08-03 at 5.10.07 AM.png

and speaking of coffee...see you later off to get my next cup. Strong and black and perfectly brewed. Yummm.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to be MIA. Nothing wrong, just lacking the energy for typing :P2 I’m reading along though. Merry weekend :kiss2:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Calliecake Hey girl. I don't know if we will have a hard time selling the house. We are going to message our real estate agent we used when we bought the house, I hope we don't, but it is priced somewhat higher than your average Mainer's home, that could be a drawback. We won't get anything we put into it back, such is lfe, we are continuing with 20K worth of updates anyway, we think it will help it sell fast. Hope you are happy and feeling okay Callie...Don't be crazy, I want to read what you plan to do with your stones..I wouldn't take any chances with that 20% - you want them out, now surgery is scary, so I support WHICHEVER you decide.. You are never a bother Callie, never. :) and it is a big deal, it's pain, (like I said my sister said she would rather have had another baby than pass a stone again).. xoxoxoxo

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Missy, I am so glad you and Greg are getting out for some bike rides; you certainly can use the break. I know you have a very heavy heart and please feel free to vent and tell us all about it. We are sending you our love and support. I hope Fred will eat some food and glad you are only doing topical meds for 7 days. It’s a bit of a break for you. Gorgeous sunrise photo and beautiful view from your ride.

Scandi, take it easy this weekend.

Mamabean, I hope things smooth over with your two sons. Big hugs to you.

Kate, enjoy your visit and time at your friend’s place. Did you make a decision on the land?

Junebug, that is so cool your DS keeps busy with his bands. He must really enjoy it. It was kind of fun lifting with Marty. A good friend of mine wants me to lift with her once Marty’s gym opens. Did you get your trees trimmed? We are shopping for a new tree but the one and only nursery here is pretty picked over. Our HOA requires us to have 3 trees and replace any that are dead. Our tall skinny tree is definitely dying. I kind of want a pine tree because ooh it’s a Christmas tree waiting to be decorated.

AV, enjoy those blackberries for me. I picked up some pretty tasty bing cherries this morning.

Austina, oh no to itchy watery eyes; sounds familiar and I’m blaming the ragweed outside taller than me. I hope you are doing better now. Marty always puts on music for us in the gym too; I haven’t paired my phone up with his Apple TV downstairs so I don’t play any music. It makes it nicer for sure. Did you catch up on some sleep? Have fun with your friends this weekend. What’s on the menu? I saw BA was on strike. I hope your flight goes smoothly.

Callie, ooh I should go buy a lotto ticket. I do have a winner worth $3 to cash in too; I’m not splitting it with Marty either. Did you decide which way you are going with your kidney stone? No matter what you decide I hope it is easy and painless for you. I would say it is a big deal. Keeping you in my thoughts.

We’ve been busy. Marty has been cleaning his gym. We are pretty sure it hasn’t had a good scrubbing for years. He got the windows washed and has been scrubbing on the floors and other things in the bathroom and his little office. It looks better but you Marcy clean. The gym part will be new though; they painted the walls, floorboards and are getting rubber flooring in hopefully next week.

We went out for breakfast today, picked up groceries and then worked on our chores. I picked up Marty this afternoon and we went out for a late lunch then returned to our chores.

I’ve been reading between washing / changing linens and tablecloths. Not much exciting going on other than enjoying not being at work.

Keeping all of you ladies in my thoughts; wishing you the best.

Take care.
Marcy

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!
How are the kitties doing @missy?
Any decision re kidney stone @Calliecake? Sounds awful, definitely worth complaining about!
@Tekate such a cutie pie! How exiting about a lot! I love building projects. But that might be just me...
@Austina how are you doing? And Dottie? I love Dottie!
@Mamabean hope the sons are doing better? @junebug17 you are a wonderful mom - so fun with band practice at your house!
@marcy how is Marty’s back? What happened to it? Lifting or? You are so good for putting in the exercise!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My mom is doing a little better for a few days now. One week before the next chemotherapy. She in on a three week merry go round schedule. I expect the next round will be worse, that is after all how this works. Oh well. I’ll take the good days for a little doggy-and-me time. They need exercise. Let’s pretend it’s only them and not me lol.
Hugs!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@marcy thank you. We are doing topical meds three to four times a day. The orals are 7 days on 7 days off for 6 weeks. We are still at the very beginning of this journey but I am breathing and taking things as they come hour by hour. Thank you so much for your warm support and encouragement.

I am glad you are enjoying being off work this weekend. You deserve it and glad you are reading between chores. Yes to cycling. It really does help to get out there by the sea and cycle and feel the warm breeze on our faces and bodies. Feels good and it is a much needed break. I am getting pretty good at cleaning so if you and Marty need help cleaning the gym as soon as we are finished with this chaos over here I would be happy to lend a hand...:P2

@Scandinavian good news about your mom. Hope the good days continue and that her next round of chemo goes smoothly. Sending your mom bucketloads of good luck dust and continued good thoughts for all of you. (((Hugs)))

Kitties are about the same. We are also on a week off of pulse dosing the oral anti fungals so the cats are not as on edge though they are definitely not themselves and Tommy keeps staying where we cannot reach him in the early AM (the time we normally give the Itrafungol med) between the ceiling and top of fridge in a tiny space. So when we start meds up Friday it will be a challenge.

Hi @Tekate I LOVE the ring Kate made for you. It's fluid and graceful and yummy. What a talented young lady your niece is. Please let her know it is a swoon worthy ring. And when life gets back to normal I would love to see more of her beautiful pieces and perhaps treat myself.

@Slick1 how is your healing going? I know it takes time and feels slow but it is happening and soon you will be where you want to be and look back on all this and be able to say whew what a journey but you got through it and succeeded in beating it. Girl you are strong and brave and wonderful. Nothing will stop you. (((Hugs))).

@Calliecake you sound good and glad things are under control. You are doing everything right. Sending continued good wishes and hugs your way.

We had a wonderful ride yesterday and the weather cooperated and we only got a little rain during the ride. It wasn't hot and it wasn't too wet and so glad we got out despite the predictions of rain. And we got Days ice cream too.

Screen Shot 2019-08-04 at 5.09.45 AM.png

and I managed some puffy cloud pics for you ladies

Took this pic as we were riding so an action photo.
Screen Shot 2019-08-04 at 5.10.28 AM.png

beach stop.
Screen Shot 2019-08-04 at 5.10.16 AM.png

Kitty update:For the past 2 days we have been giving Fred nasal drops and an appetite stimulant and it is working as he is eating a few bites of food now. He ate a few bites last night and a few this morning. It is a relief but I am concerned what is going to happen with treatment. For now he isn't getting anything but topical and that won't be enough to get rid of the ringworm. He needs lime sulfur dips and oral antifungals. The older cats can't fight it on their own. If we don't treat him the other cats won't get better either and if we do treat him he won't survive treatments. So while I am thrilled and relieved he is eating (for now on the appetite stimulant and nasal drops) I am not sure what to do Tuesday their next lime sulfur dip appt.

Have a wonderful Sunday lovely ladies. Sending you all hugs.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tommy and Bobby say meow and send purry and furry hugs to all the NIRDIs.

Screen Shot 2019-08-04 at 5.12.44 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-08-04 at 5.13.02 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-08-04 at 5.13.10 AM.png

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, aw, such sweet pics of the kitties :love: I'm happy that Fred is eating a little and hoping he keeps going :pray: Sending lots of support to you...it's hard giving meds throughout the day to one cat, I really appreciate how hard it is with four...you probably finish one round and it's time to do the next. I'm so sorry about the dilemma with Fred and the sulfur bath, it's a tough call to make. I'm glad you're getting out for some cycling and ice cream, it's good to get a break for a bit and do something you enjoy. Love the pics of the gorgeous beach and scenery, such a beautiful place. And LOL about the laser pointer!

@AV_, thinking of you and hoping you doing something fun once in a while, and hoping you get good news in a week or two.

@Austina, sorry about your eyes, I'm glad they're feeling better and I hope it stays that way. And I hope the strike doesn't affect your travel plans. Hope you are having a great time with your friends today.

@Calliecake, sending you good thoughts on this decision; it's hard when there is no clear-cut answer and there are pluses to both choices. I will certainly support you with whatever you decide. I'm glad that you've been feeling ok and not having a lot of pain. This is definitely an important thing and we all want to know how our Calliecake is doing! (((Hugs)))

@marcy, omigosh, sounds like Marty has his hands full with cleaning his new space. Glad you're enjoying your weekend...by not being at work!

@Slick1, thinking of you and hoping your recovery is going smoothly.

@Scandinavian, good to hear that your mother is feeling fairly well right now, and yes, great idea to get out and do something that gives you a little joy. Xoxox

@Tekate, hope you're enjoying your time at your friend's house.

Nothing new here...the tree trimmers showed up and they did a nice job. Although maybe they went a little too far on one tree? Dh doesn't think so, and there's nothing that can be done about it now anyway lol. DS came by yesterday and we went out for something to eat.

Thinking of all the nirdis going through hard times, and sending love and comfort to all. <3

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Scandi, I am glad to hear your mom is doing a little better. I hope her next round of chemo isn’t as awful as you are expecting. Big hugs to her and you. Marty’s tweaked his back lifting over a year ago and will back off how much weight he lifts until it improves then put it right back there by lifting more weight again.

Missy, good idea in overwhelming times to approach things one minute or hour at a time. One step at a time doesn’t seem so difficult. I bet you are getting very experienced at cleaning; the tile floor in the back of this place is pretty old and was allowed to get very dirty. It is looking better for sure. Tommy is pretty clever trying to hide from you guys in the morning, not that I blame him for not wanting his much needed medicine. What a relief Fred is eating a little bit. Glad you had a lovely ride; love the puffy clouds and beach shot. Your ice cream looks delicious. Cute pictures of the sweet kitties.

Junebug, I am enjoying my weekend and Marty is pretty excited about getting his gym open so I don’t think he is minding cleaning so much. I know it’s making his back worse though. Poor guy. Darn that one of the trees got trimmed a bit too much; hopefully it comes back quickly. I picked off dead flowers this morning and took a closeup look at our tree that appears to be dying. The trunk on that tree has look dead for about 3 years now but the branches and leaves looked fine. Now a bunch of branches are dying. Nice that your DS came by to visit.

Not much going on with us today. Marty is tearing apart his gym downstairs and I am finished the laundry. I hope to finish a book I’m reading today. We just had our giant steaks for lunch. I made us each a plate of raw veggies since the steaks were so large I didn’t figure we needed a side dish. Marty’s tomahawk steak was 3.21 pounds and my ribeye was 1.2 pounds. Marty did finish his giant steak with a big grin on his face.

Take care.
Marcy
upload_2019-8-4_14-36-18.png
upload_2019-8-4_14-36-42.png
upload_2019-8-4_14-37-12.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@junebug17 glad you got to go out and eat with DS and enjoyed the day. Sorry the tree trimmers got a little aggressive on one of the trees. I feel you there. When our gardeners cut our beautiful tall grasses at the beginning of the season I'm like oh no but Greg says it's necessary for them to grow tall and strong. Of course it is different with your tree trimming but I understand how you feel and hopefully the tree will grow strong and tall and be healthier for the trim.
(((Hugs)))

@marcy wow that is some meal. If I was a meat eater I would be salivating right now. Glad you got to enjoy some veggies too. Seems like a balanced meal. And haha yes Marty ate it all but he is a growing boy after all lol. Did you finish the book you were reading? Glad you got your laundry done. Speaking of laundry, oh my goodness we are never done with our laundry anymore. Fortunately for me that is not a bad task though I am not a folder. Since we have the machines running during all waking hours I just put it in the sanitary wash (2 hours super hot water) and then into the dryer on the hottest setting for an hour and then bam back into use and if not right back into use into the linen closet and not all folded. I don't have the energy nor time to fold everything we are washing at the moment. But Greg is a little OCD and he needs to fold it all. Bless his heart.8) So he folds his stuff in the basement where he does the laundry and my machines are outside the bedroom on the second floor. It works for us. XOXO.

@Scandinavian sending hugs and continued healing vibes to your mom. Hope you are doing well and remaining strong and taking care of yourself too. Keeping you in my thoughts. (((Hugs))).

@Mamabean how are you doing? Hope your weekend went well and that you have a nice week planned and that everyone by you is doing OK. XOXO.

@Slick1 hey girl, hope you are healing well and feeling good and enjoyed the rest of your weekend. Anything planned for the coming week? Sending uno (((hugs))).

@Austina I hope your eyes are all better and that you and Colin are enjoying a lovely time. Hugs to you and Dottie girl.

@Tekate hello there, hope everyone is well by you and that you are enjoying yourselves. XOXO. Did I say how much I love the ring Kate made you? Swoon.:love:

@AV_ how was the rest of your weekend? Anything going on this week that is different or unusual? How is your weather? Any more yummy blackberries to share? (((Hugs)))

@canuk-gal hello there, how is everything by you? Have you enjoyed more cycling? Hoping your weather is sunny and warm just like you love it. Thinking of you and sending hugs.

We enjoyed cycling yesterday and Days too. Today we are going to go earlier than usual because I am seeing the podiatrist this afternoon though I am tempted to cancel. No energy and my toe now seems OK. It goes alternately red and irritated to fine. Weird. I would like to put it off especially because I don't want to get it cut open today. But I know when it goes bad it happens immediately so if I put it off I might be out of luck as he works 3 days a week in the summer. Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays. I don't blame him but it is rather inconvenient for me if a toe issue arises if you kwim.

I got the bright idea to try giving Bobby oral anti fungal meds every day because literature suggests it might be more effective. Well yesterday we attempted to give it to him (had not given it to him Fri or Sat as I was giving them a week off as directed and then decided since he was getting worse to try every day) and that was incredibly traumatic for him. Since Bobby needs so much of the liquid meds due to his weight it is hard to begin with but because he doesn't swallow it and spits it out and froths and salivates tremendous amounts I am not sure what if anything got in. It was terrible and I don't know what we are going to do with him now re the meds. I might just give him the rest of the week off as originally planned and the on week starts this Friday for all of them. Fred is only eating when we give him the appetite stimulant and without it refuses all food. He is fighting even just the topical med application and we have their weekly scheduled lime dips tomorrow but it isn't looking like we should bring Fred as he is still not doing well. But you know the dilemma. If we don't treat Fred with dips and orals he has no chance of recovering and then the others cannot get better either. It's truly a catch 22. And if we skip one treatment we are all taking a huge step backwards and given the long haul we just went through and the longer haul ahead I dont want to start all over in a week or 2. That really isn't a palpable solution. Just talking out loud. No need to reply to this. Thanks for listening.

Gorgeous skies yesterday

beachskies.png

daysopen.png

daysicecreamsummer2019.png

Enjoy a fun day Monday lovely ladies.:wavey:

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Girls, this is me these days.

Screen Shot 2019-08-05 at 4.50.24 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-08-05 at 4.50.04 AM.png

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL @missy to the tiger in you!
When you tell me not to comment I have to. Reverse psychology for you. LOL. Have you considered buying empty (or for example omega 3) capsules at the pharmacy? And then fill them with the meds? Dip them in anchovy oil and stuff them in him?
If you remember, Furbaby F was really sick 2 years ago and we had to force feed / water her for weeks. I had to stay home from work and everything. (Omg what will you do when Greg is due back at the office??)
Anyway, what I did was tilt her head down (so she would not swallow the wrong way) and dissolve food in water and feed her with a plastic bottle with a “drinking cap” and squeeze it into her. Or: tilt head back and put it down her throught with my finger, then close her mouth and gently strok her in downward motion along her windpipe to make her swallow. Thinking you might be able to do the same with capsules?

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

@marcy are you sure that’s not a dinosaur steak- it’s huge!!! :lol: I’m glad to see you like your steaks cooked, I just can’t eat meat that’s still mooing. Marty must be getting excited that the gym will be up and running soon. I hope you’ve had a good day at work, without any aggravations from the brats.

Don’t worry @junebug17 I’m sure the tree will grow back, even though they’ve given it a severe haircut. How great to be able to spend time with DS with the added bonus of not having to cook. I’m beginning to think my eye make up remover was responsible for my latest itchy eye problem, so I’ve changed to micellar water, and they’re fine now.

Hi @Scandinavian I hope your Mum is having a few good days before her next round of chemo and that you’re all doing OK. Dottie says “woof” to you and your fur babies, and says she’s fine thank you.

Thank you for all the lovely photos @missy. I’m so pleased to hear that Fred has managed to eat a little, I hope that continues and he can build up his strength to help his recovery. It’s great that you’re able to get out and get some fresh air, exercise and respite from all the cleaning and care giving. I hope your appt went well today, I do think it’s worth just getting your toe checked out even if it does feel better.

Hi @Tekate, hope you’ve had a good weekend.

Did you do anything this weekend @AV_?

I’ve been making frozen yoghurt lollies, with high protein yoghurt and mango and strawberry, it’s delish :lickout: and it’s good for us :P2

Had a busy Saturday, cleaning and prepping the food, our friends arrived about 9.30am yesterday. We had fun catching up with them and had an early lunch so they could head off to the airport for their flight at 5.20pm to Vancouver.

We had to go out today to get floor polish, not the most exciting thing, but our local tile shop hasn’t had it for a couple of months, so we had to go further afield. Popped in to the shopping centre and got Colin some more hats, typical man, when I told him to get more a couple of months ago, he said he’d wait, and now of course, the shops are getting their autumn/winter stock in now. We did manage to find some, so I made him buy 4 :lol:

I hope all the lovely NIRDIs are doing well and have had a good weekend.

:wavey:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! Been hanging with my bestie and her husband.

We made an offer on a lot in Liberty Hill @Austina, we shall see how it goes down.

Autie is perfect and cranky! just like her Dad.

We are at the BMW dealer because we needed a oil change which has turned into a 2K jaunt thru problems with our car, we have had it 7 years and have 102thousand miles on the old X3.

I miss everyone and I will get back on tonight and check everyone's news.

Love to @missy @junebug17 @Mamabean @Calliecake @Scandinavian @marcy @AV_ @Slick1 @canuk-gal if I missed you it's because i"m old!

bbl xoxoxo

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@marcy @missy @junebug17 @Austina @Tekate For once, I've been doing absolutely nothing (except flat bread on a grill) - Friday evening to Monday late morning. The week is not easy, so there will likely be baking, and walks and whatever other distractions in kind (eg. almonds are just about right for frying - still milky). I don't think I'll brave the town these days - it is too darn HOT at any reasonable hour; Saturday - perhaps.

My life is less complicated than NIRDI these days. I wish you find respite from wories too ,((( I can't tell why the trifles that work for me do work!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Missy, our dinner was quite tasty. I did finish my book and I am on chapter 10 already of the next book. That is quite the laundry routine you have but I get why it’s so important. I fold laundry but ironing has always been outside my capabilities. I’m like Greg always wanting things nice and neat. I keep laughing when I get something out of our linen closet; I was carrying about 7 boxes of Puffs to put in the closet and they kind of feel out of my arms on to a shelf so they are scattered everywhere. I didn’t straighten them and thought it’d be funny when Marty noticed them just tossed in there. So far he hasn’t even noticed. Gorgeous skies for sure and your ice cream looks fabulous. Good luck with your toe and getting the kitties to take their medicine. I can identify with that tiger in me - I felt like that this morning.

Scandi, force feeding your sweet furbaby sounds like such a challenge too. We do what we need to though.

Austina, too funny that steak was from a dinosaur. It was huge. It sounds like we both like steaks cooked. Marty likes his steaks rare; I don’t mind a bit of pink but that’s about as raw as I can take it. I prefer my steaks med well. Marty is very excited about his gym. The flooring only made it to Salt Lake City today. He ran around doing errands today and he’s over there now working on it. Work wasn’t too bad; my glass half empty boss rained on my parade but that’s nothing new. He presents things as I wouldn’t do it that way, I totally disagree with that but hey it’s your team you run it the way you see fit. Your yogurt and fruit lollies sound delicious. Nice that Colin found some new hats.

Kate, nice that you put in a bid on a nice lot. Good luck! Enjoy hanging out with your bestie and her DH. I hope your BMW is up and purring by now.

AV, stay cool and take it easy. Bake something for me.

We had a lovely rain tonight and then enjoyed a double rainbow. Sweet. I made tacos for supper. I was going to run up to the hospital to see a friend of mine who had surgery today but when I sent her a text she said she can’t sleep because someone keeps coming in every hour so I decided sleep is more important than visiting. I got her an obnoxious card that I’ll drop in the mail.

Take care.
Marcy

Reactions: AV_

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, thanks for the understanding..I'm assuming the guys had a reason for it and I'll get used to it. I know exactly what you're going through with Tommy and the liquid meds and I'm so sorry, I know it's awful...hopefully he's getting at least some of it. :pray: I'm keeping sweet Fred in my thoughts too, I know you are so very worried about him. (((HUGS)))

Gorgeous pic of the sky, and lol to those memes!

@marcy, wow, those are big steaks! They look delicious. It's a shame Marty's back keeps acting up. I'm sorry your tree seems to be doing a little worse; the tree trimmer noticed issues with a few other trees but we're holding off for now. Will have to get them taken care of eventually though. I hope your work day went smoothly and your problem employees didn't bug you too much.

@Austina, I'm glad you figured out what is irritating your eyes; eye issues are awful, so hard to get any kind of relief from them. Your frozen yogurt lollies sound SO good, I'm going to have to give them a try. Sounds like you had a lovely time with your friends. And nice that Colin is now well stocked with hats!

@Glad you're having a great time @Tekate...except for that car bill, ugh. I'm sorry about that. Making an offer on a property is exciting news!

@AV_, I'm glad you have had some time to rest and relax - you deserve it, you work very hard. Flatbread on the grill sounds really good. I'm getting hungry reading this thread lol.

Just the usual routine today - went to the gym, ran a few errands, and did some chores around the house.

Take care everyone! xoxox

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls.

@junebug17 routine is good. Routine rocks. Yes to getting to the gym and accomplishing errands and chores. That's a good day. Thanks for your encouragement and empathy. And thank you for the hugs. (((Hugs))) to you too.

@marcy lol about Marty not noticing the boxes of Puffs tossed in the closet. Haha that would be me not noticing too unless I was searching for the Puffs that is. And as for ironing laundry yeah I am with you. Don't do that. I would love freshly ironed sheets etc but there is only so much energy and time in the day and even before "ringworm gate" I did not have that kind of energy to iron sheets. There is something very nice about having fresh linens every day though so at least there's that. Yum to tacos last night and yes to a lovely double rainbow. Beautiful. Hope your friend is on the mend after her surgery and that she got some sleep last night. You are a considerate friend Marcy.

@AV_ glad your life is not complicated these days and thank you for wishing us all respite from worries. I yearn for that day so very much. I sometimes wonder if that day will ever come. Pleased everything is going your way. Long may that continue.

@Slick1 how are you doing? I cannot believe summer is going so quickly but think of all you have accomplished and with time you will see the results you want to see. It takes a long time to heal and I know it is hard to be patient and keep the faith but hang in there. My finger is still swollen from the March surgery and my podiatrist yesterday said it will probably be swollen at least 6 months. Just saying these things take time and sending you continued healing vibes and hugs.

@Scandinavian thanks for brainstorming and I am sorry you dealt with force feeding your sweet fur baby but thrilled it worked out so well for you. Cats are different creatures and have challenges all their own. The liquid Itrafungol is the only effective treatment for cats but today I will be asking at the vets office about any acceptable alternatives. We cannot put the liquid into capsules as it is simply too much liquid (as Bobby is getting 4ccs a day and really needs more like 7 plus CCs but that is a story for a different day and we are just trying to do the best we can at the moment). There are human meds but they are too strong for cats. And compounded Itraconazole is not effective. If there are alternatives they will not be as effective but I am going to be asking again. I did ask originally as we knew our crew do not do well with liquids or any meds for that matter. Even applying the topical is challenging because Bobby now runs when he sees me.:cry2: Including for topical application. And Fred runs when he sees Greg.:cry2: When I say this is a nightmare of epic proportions I am not understating. Yes things could be worse (until they cannot be anymore) but things are pretty sucky at the moment.

I hope your mom is doing OK and in good spirits and I hope you are hanging in there and taking care of yourself too. Sending you and your mom continued healing vibes and hugs and keeping good thoughts for you both. XOXO.

@Mamabean how are you? Hoping you are having a good week. And that everyone is doing well. XO.

@Tekate hello there, glad everything is going smoothly and that you are doing well. Sending you hugs and love.

So today all 4 cats are going for their weekly lime dip and I am dreading it as that is what set Fred off the URI deep end due to the stress but we have no choice as his ringworm has now spread to his entire leg vs just the face. This is a no win situation for Fred and maybe for Bobby as he too is getting worse and though Bobby is only 10 obviously he isn't in great shape as he got ringworm and healthy adult cats shouldn't catch it. But I digress. Right now we are very worried about Fred and Bobby but Fred is in a more critical situation. I hope we aren't making a mistake bringing him in for the lime dip today. The veterinarian says we have to treat him or he will not recover and then we have to keep him separated from the other cats forever. Which is not a palatable solution and that in itself would kill him as when we isolated him for 4 days at the beginning of this ordeal he stopped eating and got very depressed. So there you have it. A rock and a hard place. Thanks for listening to me ramble with my thoughts.

Yesterday we got in a short bike ride and then came home and cleaned and disinfected and Greg had work to do and then we went to the podiatrist. He feels the bike shoes might be irritating my big toe on the left foot so he wants me to wear the widest bike shoes I have. And in other news he presented us with a bottle of his homemade wine. Though I don't drink wine I am going to try it as it is very low in sulfites and supposedly yummy and good for us. How nice is he to give that to us knowing I was coming in today. He is so nice.

Screen Shot 2019-08-06 at 5.49.43 AM.png

And here is a lovely photo our friend sent us who is visiting his sister at the shore. We were supposed to get together with him and his wife but circumstances make that challenging so we had to cancel. It's too bad as he lives in South Carolina and we only get to see them once a year usually.

Screen Shot 2019-08-06 at 5.50.29 AM.png

And here is my photo from our bike ride yesterday.

Screen Shot 2019-08-06 at 5.52.33 AM.png

Enjoy a wonderful Tuesday girls and please keep the cats in your thoughts and prayers for their lime sulfur dip today. Praying it goes OK and that Fred does better than last week. :pray:
(((HUGS))).

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I’m keeping all my fingers and all my toes crossed for your vet visit today! Please let us know how it went.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Junebug, those steaks were delicious. That is too bad some of your other trees might have issues; we only have 3 trees here and luckily the other 2 are doing well. Our last house had cottonwoods blow in which delighted us at first because we got free trees. They quickly overtook the aspen we planted and sadly turned out to be cotton bearing. Ugh. What a mess. They grow like weeds too.

Missy, oh no that the kitties run when they see you guys coming. How did the dips go today? I hope wider shoes help your toe feel better. Beautiful pictures. Sorry you didn’t get to catch up with your friend. How nice you got a bottle of wine from your podiatrist. I hope it’s good.

Scandi, I hope you and your mom are doing okay.

Not much going on here. It’s been a busy week at work and it’s only Tuesday. I felt like it was 2 am when I came home tonight.

Marty saw the doctor today and he feels its muscular and can be improved with rehab. He thought his should might have some issues but thinks it should be monitors. He had him pose, push, press, etc and said you have good strong muscles around your shoulder then said something later I can hook you up with a PT to strengthen your shoulder. Marty passed on that idea.

Take care.
Marcy

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, thinking of you all and hoping the kitties are doing ok after their sulfur baths, especially sweet Fred. :pray: it must have been such a long day for all of you, you're probably exhausted. I hope the wider shoes help your toe. That really was so nice of the doctor to give you a bottle of wine...I'm thinking under the circumstances you deserve a glass...or two...xoxoxo

Gorgeous pics of the ocean :love:

@marcy, hope your day today went smoothly. I can see why you'd be frustrated by your boss's comments. Sometimes I guess you have to trust your own instincts and do what you think is right. He put you in a tough spot though. Sorry your friend had to have surgery and I hope her recovery goes well. I'm sure your obnoxious card will cheer her up LOL

Same stuff, different day...dh is out of town for the week so ds stopped by and we got take-out and watched an episode of Stranger Things. Nice to have the company.

Sending love to all!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@marcy, we tend to post at the same time lol! Glad Marty saw the doctor and I really hope the rehab helps, being in pain is no fun.

Reactions: AV_

AV_

Ideal_Rock

Good morning!

@missy I worry that no news from you is not good news... Prove me wrong!

@marcy I am glad to hear about Marty; every time you mention that You are lifting, I am thinking that this is more sport than I have ever done!

_

I am facing some very pleasant gardening duty - at a house I am staying at over summer, and my little old bones would have none of it. I'm an old wimp... Darn!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Good morning!

@missy I worry that no news from you is not good news... Prove me wrong!

@marcy I am glad to hear about Marty; every time you mention that You are lifting, I am thinking that this is more sport than I have ever done!

_

I am facing some very pleasant gardening duty - at a house I am staying at over summer, and my little old bones would have none of it. I'm an old wimp... Darn!

@AV_ well I am happy to write that while Fred's asthma is exacerbated from the stress of yesterday's lime dip he did eat a little last night when we picked him up and he ate a bit this AM. We are praying the URI does not flare fingers crossed. Didn't give him any meds last night or this AM as Greg doesn't want to further stress him out but I hope we can give it later. Anyway baby steps and thanks for all your warm support and encouragement and good wishes. (((Hugs))).

Enjoy your gardening and take care of yourself. And hope you have a lovely day.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I’m keeping all my fingers and all my toes crossed for your vet visit today! Please let us know how it went.

Thank you Scandi! Last night was hard so I am sorry I didn't get to post here. Fred is doing as well as can be expected. His asthma is exacerbated but so far he is eating a bit both last night and this AM and we are holding onto the positive. We have to give him meds but have not done so yet as we are treading gingerly with him at the moment. Fingers crossed.

How are you honey? How is your mom doing? Hoping all is going smoothly and Greg and I continue to hold good thoughts for you and your family and sending continued healing vibes and dust your way. XOXO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

@junebug17 thank you for everything.
@missy, thinking of you all and hoping the kitties are doing ok after their sulfur baths, especially sweet Fred. :pray: it must have been such a long day for all of you, you're probably exhausted. I hope the wider shoes help your toe. That really was so nice of the doctor to give you a bottle of wine...I'm thinking under the circumstances you deserve a glass...or two...xoxoxo

Gorgeous pics of the ocean :love:

Yes we are exhausted but plugging along hour by hour and hoping and praying for the best possible outcome. Doing everything we can with 3 very challenging adult cats. Our podiatrist is quite nice and I hope he doesn't retire soon. I get the feeling he is ready to any day now lol. He is only a few years older than me and I can tell he is tired and ready for relaxation. He is a gem among doctors and I need him to keep working for a while. He texted me that night saying don't leave the wine in your hot car. LOL I told him no it's in our cool house and I will let him know when we open it. Not there yet. I hope he isn't disappointed but we need to open it when we are ready. Too stressed to enjoy it properly right now.

Same stuff, different day...dh is out of town for the week so ds stopped by and we got take-out and watched an episode of Stranger Things. Nice to have the company.

Sending love to all!

Glad you got to enjoy "Stranger Things" with your son and that you have company while your dh is out of town. I used to love that show but when we watched the following season I lost interest. Maybe time to try watching again. Have a good day Junie and sending you (((hugs))).

Missy, oh no that the kitties run when they see you guys coming. How did the dips go today? I hope wider shoes help your toe feel better. Beautiful pictures. Sorry you didn’t get to catch up with your friend. How nice you got a bottle of wine from your podiatrist. I hope it’s good.

Thanks Marcy. The dips went OK. As well as could be expected. I have a feeling the wine will be very good. I will let you know. In the meantime I took a photo for you. Days changed out one of their banners and I thought of you immediately.

Screen Shot 2019-08-07 at 6.25.42 AM.png

Not much going on here. It’s been a busy week at work and it’s only Tuesday. I felt like it was 2 am when I came home tonight.

Marty saw the doctor today and he feels its muscular and can be improved with rehab. He thought his should might have some issues but thinks it should be monitors. He had him pose, push, press, etc and said you have good strong muscles around your shoulder then said something later I can hook you up with a PT to strengthen your shoulder. Marty passed on that idea.

That is good news that the doctor feels Marty can get improvement with rehab. Is Marty not going to consider PT? How is he feeling?
Sorry work is dragging and it felt like 2AM when you got home the other night. Hope you had a good night's sleep and that today goes well at work. XOXO.

@Slick1 hope you are continuing to heal well and feel good and to that end Greg and I are sending bucketloads of healing dust your way and big hugs. You are a strong woman and you rock!

Speaking of rock how are you Kate the Great @Tekate? Hope you are enjoying your beautiful new ring from Kate your niece and that all is going well. Sending you hugs and love.

Hope you are doing well @canuk-gal and enjoying cycling.

@Austina hope your eyes are feeling all better and you are enjoying a lovely week. Hugs.

Hi @Calliecake hope you are continuing to feel well and that you have made a decision and feel good about it. XOXO.

So as I wrote in the posts above lime dips went OK and praying Fred hangs in there and doesn't get worse. His breathing is labored and a bit more than last night when we got him home but he is eating a bit. We want the URI to stay away so we don't go through that he** again with him that we did last week. Need to give him the meds today but we are waiting since he is having trouble breathing and any stress makes him worse. Don't know what to do. Skip it or give it. Must treat aggressively with him since his immune system doesn't work but don't want to treat so aggressively that the treatment kills him. Rock and hard place for sure.

We did a deep cleaning of the entire house while they were being dipped yesterday and also got a ride in before the deep cleaning project. And enjoyed some Days Ice Cream. I need to eat lots of ice cream as my weight is lower than its ever been but I swear I am eating. I think the stress burns calories @Calliecake I know you can relate. This is the kind of diet I wish for no one. Of course it could also be all the cleaning we are doing. Cleaning every single day burns lots of calories. As I told Greg my body is not built for all this manual labor lol. At least I can laugh (a little) about it. Today is raining with thunderstorms so not sure what we will be able to do outside. Yesterday it rained as well but somehow we just missed the very strong storms while we were cycling fortunately.

Screen Shot 2019-08-07 at 6.32.45 AM.png

Have a wonderful day ladies ad sending you all hugs.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh and look at this beautiful painting girls. This was painted by one of the veterinarians at the animal hospital where our cats are being treated. Isn't this so lovely?

catpainting.png

and it looks a bit like our Bobby when he was a baby.

bobbyatsgbeachhouse.jpeg

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, sounds positive! Fingers crossed it goes op from here!
My end: no news. Same same.

Hugs!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results