Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

We had a busy day yesterday, visited our friends in their beautiful new home, had lunch and chatted for hours! This is my friend who I worked with at the surgery and recently got married. I’m so thrilled for her, she’s finally got the man of her dreams, and living the life she should’ve had.

Is the builder Drees Homes @Tekate, we were looking at some of their new developments and saw that they were building at Liberty Hill? If so, they’re good builders and their floor plans are great.

Good news that Marty’s back will get better with treatment @marcy, now all you have to do is get him to follow orders and get well!

Keep hanging in there @Scandanavian, we’re all willing you’re Mum on to a successful completion of her treatment. xxxx

Glad you’ve had company while DH is out of town @junebug17 , always makes the time pass more quickly if you’re not alone.

Just do 30 minutes or an hour at a time @AV_, and work on one patch at a time when you tackle the garden, it stops it feeling overwhelming when you can actually see the fruits of your labours.

I’m glad the Pod thinks it’s just a case of tight shoes and nothing more sinister going on with your toe @missy. That was sweet of him to give you a gift, and when this nightmare is over, you can open it and celebrate ;)2 I’m worried to hear that you’re losing weight, I know you’re not trying to, but you really don’t have any to spare. If I could, I’d give you some of my extra to work off for me. Poor little Fred, I hope his breathing improves, you’re caught between a rock and a hard place figuring out what to do. I’m glad the dips went as well as they could, let’s hope you’re cracking this and it starts to pay dividends. That painting is so sweet, and yes, it does look like your little boy.

If it’s not bad enough that the BA pilots are threatening to strike, and the baggage handlers and other airport staff are due to strike on the day we get back, BA had a major malfunction with their systems today, resulting in cancelled flights, long delays and general chaos. If I mention we’re thinking of going away in the summer again, PLEASE one of you lovely ladies, hit me, and HARD!

I hope all the lovely NIRDIs are doing well :wavey:

Reactions: AV_

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I just entered my post in the wrong thread. Ugh I must be tired.

Hello to all NIRDI's. Keep well and calm and carry on. Thinking of all those who have obstacles. We really never truly know what another is enduring.

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Junebug, we do seem to post at the same time and you are 2 hours later than me. You are a night owl! Nice the DS stopped by and had supper with you. I still have not caught an episode of Stranger Things. Thank you, I hope Marty starts to feel better.

AV, oh no to having gardening duty that you enjoy but your body doesn’t. Enjoy the garden anyway. My only yard work is deadheading my flowers and it starts to get less frequent this time of year. Take care.

Missy, I am glad to hear Fred ate a little bit. I am glad the dips went as well as they could. Your podiatrist sounds like a keeper for sure. Definitely save the wine for a time you can relax and enjoy it. I totally love the Snoopy and Woodstock flag. Very cute. Marty thinks he is his own PT, hopefully that works well for him. He isn’t feeling well tonight. It’s what my friend and I used to refer as “left”. His head doesn’t hurt, his stomach isn’t upset, he doesn’t have a cold, no he doesn’t hurt anywhere but yes he feels bad. I think he’s just missing his friend that got killed 15 years ago today. He posted a comment on FB to his parents today so that’s my guess. Your ice cream looks delicious and yes I bet stress can cause you to lose weight. Glad to hear you are eating though. The painting of the cat is really good. Hang in there and hope things improve.

Austina, visiting your friend in her new home sounds really fun. I love happy stories. I have as much chance getting Marty to follow the doctor’s suggestion as I do of winning the lottery. He’s stubborn. Hopefully the BA strikes won’t impact your travels.

Scandi, wishing you a peaceful day.

Sharon, so true we never know what someone else is enduring and I always keep in mine my troubles are minor compared to many people.

My borking work poor me story - skip if you wish. My bosses and IT were monitor teases today. While my left eye has most likely recovered from the edema I had the scar of course didn’t go away. The sharper the image the better I see with both eyes which is why I like the Mac’s retina display. Anyway my new team has several MacBook Pros and Thunderbolt monitors it’s not using. I asked for one of those monitors when my eyes were so bad over a year ago and was told no they won’t work with a Windows PC. That is not true but whatever. Now that I am the supervisor of that team I asked again if I could switch to Mac and get one of those monitors. My boss and IT do not get along so when he asked them to set up a Mac for me they sat on it and never did it. My boss’s boss then decides to hook up the Thunderbolt monitor to my Window’s PC today and it didn’t work as plug and play. We got IT involved asking them to download a driver for it and they couldn’t find one that worked. Then my boss and his boss got in their usual snit over the senior boss stepping on my boss’s toes. Whah cry me a river there. So my boss informs me he asked his boss to back off and he’d take care of me. Next thing I know IT claims it won’t work, my boss takes away the Thunderbolt and my hopes were crushed of having a nice, clear monitor.

Speaking of my new team, I covered for the lady who had to leave early today. I pulled all these reports, posted them, sent out an email and you guessed it something was wrong with it and I got flooded with questions and phone calls. I was relieved though I could answer the questions and knew how to fix the report so it would pull correctly. I was following their limited procedure that had me pull 4 reports, put them together and then the next section says “but first”. I uttered some colorful metaphors. I just told my friend how had her hip replaced and has 4 weeks off from work that I am ready to get my knee replaced just so I can have 6 weeks off. Ha!

Take care.
Marcy

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, I'm glad Fred is eating a little and I hope he will do ok this week. I totally get the dilemma on giving him the meds. Thinking of all the kitties and keeping you in my thoughts as you plug through these days. Love that painting, very well done and it does look like Bobby!

@AV_, hope you enjoy your gardening in spite of the aches and pains!

@marcy, it's disappointing that you didn't get the new monitor you were promised. I'm glad you were able to fix the report and get it all straightened out but it sounds like one big headache. Hope you have a better workday tomorrow. Sending good thoughts to Marty, sorry to hear is was out of sorts today and it does sound like the loss of his friend might be affecting him.

@Austina, sounds like you had a fabulous day with your friends. It must be great to see your friend so happy. Fingers crossed everything works out with BA and your trip isn't affected.

Hi @canuk-gal, hope you're doing well and enjoying your summer.

@Calliecake, hope you're still feeling ok, and getting closer to making a treatment decision.

Nothing going on here, just a few appointments and some chores. I ordered some clothes online and not crazy about them, and I'm determined to send them back tomorrow. I have a tendency to put that off until it's too late!

Take care everyone <3

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello everyone! I am here, John and I have been sharing a bottle of (costco) champagne celebrating our buying of a 2 acre lot in Liberty Hills, Tx! our offer was accepted. Not much off actually, just 5K, they had just lowered the price 5K anyway, things aren't moving as fast as the speed of light here in NW Austin, we bid waay lower but they pulled a "we have another offer on the property, make your best offer and we will evalute" which I believe is BS but WTF, we were willing to actually pay full price but since they pulled this routine on us we said 'we offer this and we will walk" :) so AMAZINGLY our offer was accepted. Meh.

@Austina the builder we are going to use is: https://princedevelopmenthomes.com/ Drees builds gorgeous homes, there is a development down the street with Drees Homes that we would have gone to if this had fallen through, so far so good. Drees builds upscale, high end homes so if you are looking at a Drees Home you are in good hands. This guy James Prince is a small builder in Liberty Hill and we like the guy, BUT we need to get our money out of the Maine house to do the whole deal.. we shall see how this all plays out.. we don't really want to move till next year.

@missy Hola there girlie! I saw an ice cream pix which means you guys are out riding which makes me happy! I've not read a dang thing Missy because I have either been looking at lots or hanging with my son, DIL and Autumn, I have, I'm sure you have seen, put up a lovely pix of Mike, Cara, Poncho and Autumn night b4 last.. Autie is gettng BIG! she tried to grab my can of coke! I was shocked, but all in all she is the best. I will read back Missy but I've pretty much been offline so I sincerely send you love Missy (you know this!) and give Greg and the furkids a hug and pet for me please. All love coming your way girl. xoxoxo

I hope everyone is well, happy and enjoying mid summer, here in Atown it's been 103 F! it's my usual: Hottern Hell.. and it is..

Chris good as far as I know. Got a pix of my grandniece and grandnephew Neve and Evan their mom went back to work 3 weeks ago and all have survived! :)

Hello to all NIRDIs.. @Calliecake sending you solidarity and lots of love girl. @marcy sending you love ! @junebug17 Hi June I sincerely hope all is well in your neck of the NE and in SC.. hope the kids are great! and you too June. xoxo

@Scandinavian saying hello Scandi and will read back to see how your mom and kids and family are doing. Hey have you sent me my new necklace yet?? the diamond one? anytime you can I would love to have it! ;-) sending hugs to you lady.

@Slick1 hope you are doing well Slick, hope all is good in your neck of upstate NY, sending you love, the wedding is around the corner! exciting I know! xoxo
@AV_ Hola! hope all is well in your part of the world!
@Mamabean Hey Joanne I'm back and gonna check out the postings but hope all is well with you and your wonderful family! xoxo

Okay, our offer in Liberty Hill was accepted and we will soon own a 2 acre lot! so the stress begins! We cannot afford to own 2 houses in reality to so we have to sell the Maine house and get the best price possible to start building on the lot here.. it's really hot here.. Autie is precious and sweet my kids are good AFAIK and live is moving fast!

I plan to read back and will hopefully have more in depth thoughts to you all.!

:) sending you all happiness and joy!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, I’m surprised to hear Fred was able to have the dip. Dipping him didn’t sound like an option the other day. Has Debbie changed her mind on how she feels about giving Fred the oral medication? Hopefully this ring worm nightmare will be over for you soon. The painting looks so much like Tommy’s face.

Thinking of you @Scandinavian and hope things are going well with your mom. i’m sending lots of healing dust her way.

@Slick1, I hope you’re beginning to feel a little better and glad the surgery is behind you. Sending lots of get well dust your way.

@junebug17 , I’ve heard Stranger Things is really good. Are you enjoying it? I’m sounds like you had a good time with your DS. Try not to worry about the trees. Fortunately they grow back quickly, Too quickly most of the time

@Tekate , How exciting you found a lot that you liked. I hope this sale goes thru quickly. Have you picked the home you would like to have built? Will you see Autie before you leave Austin? It sounds like you are having a wonderful time Kate.

@Austina, How wonderful your friend is so happy. Her story reminds me of the saying “It’s never to late to find your happy ever after”. Im glad you all had a good time together. It’s so much fun getting together with old friends.

@av, I’m with Austina on the gardening for 30 minutes, especially if it’s a big project. I try to do a little bit everyday. It makes it much easier to manage. Have you heard anything more on where you will be moving to?

@marcy, I’m sorry things have been rough at work. Great news Marty decided to go to the doctor. DH signed up for physical therapy immediately when the pain started affecting his golf game LOL. Tell Marty he needs to be in good shape when the gym opens.

@Mamabean, How are you? Any thing exciting going well with you. I hope the family stress has worked it self out.

@canuk-gal , It’s all’s nice to see you pop in here. I hope things are well with you.

Nothing new going on here. We had a good weekend. I’ve been putting off scheduling the procedure for the kidney stone. I’ve been feeling good but know I should not put it off. DH just wants me to just get this over with and quit procrastinating. We have family stuff going on this weekend which should be fun and I am hoping to take grandniece out for school clothes and hope to see my niece before she starts teaching.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
No news - none expected or wished for. August is slow - there is no trace of life in the open from noon until eight in the evening, and I am doing what they are doing - one reason why gardening is slow: cutting down jungle one weed at a time, three hours a day. The way things are, there is no place for anything mechanical, so this is a heck' of a workout by my measly standard - which reminds me of your chores @missy , I'd rather do mine, sure enough!

Will catch up.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls. Pretty tired right now so just a short hello.

@junebug17 hope your appointments and chores are going well and I hear you re procrastination. I have a number of things we have to send back (very expensive kitty gates for one) and the deadline is rapidly approaching but not sure we will have the energy to actually return the stuff we have to. At this point the money seems a moot point given how much we are rapidly spending on the cats right now. I am sorry your clothing online purchases didn't work out but that just means more shopping to find exactly what you want. Have a lovely day and enjoy.

@Austina glad you had a lovely visit with your friends and that she is living the good life now. I hope the strike plans don't mess up your vacation.

@canuk-gal I hear you and hope you had a good night's sleep and wake feeling refreshed and rested. And yup one never really knows what one is going through and that is why I hold dear the concept to be kind to everyone you meet as you never know what battles they are fighting. Truth.

@marcy boo to the monitor teases at work yesterday. And boo to the mistakes you had to fix. I think you do need 6 weeks off for a knee replacement. That might be preferable to what you are dealing with now and at the end of it you will have a lovely new knee so that is something to think about. I am sorry Marty is missing his friend who died 15 years ago. I hope Marty starts feeling better soon and that he doesn't need official PT.

@Tekate congrats on buying the 2 acre lot in Liberty Hills. Woohoo! Very good news indeed. No worries about being too busy to read. It's not a fun read anyway unless you like angst and drama and sadness. Perhaps it's better just to skip what I have written in the pages before and perhaps after as there is no end in sight to this misery yet. But no worries. We are hanging in there doing the best we can and that is all we can do. Congrats on your new home and good luck with the sale of your Maine home. XOXO.

@Calliecake I am glad you are not feeling any discomfort and I know you will make the best decision for you. Enjoy your family and take it one day at a time and soon this will all be behind you. It's going to work out.

No news - none expected or wished for. August is slow - there is no trace of life in the open from noon until eight in the evening, and I am doing what they are doing - one reason why gardening is slow: cutting down jungle one weed at a time, three hours a day. The way things are, there is no place for anything mechanical, so this is a heck' of a workout by my measly standard - which reminds me of your chores @missy , I'd rather do mine, sure enough!

Will catch up.

Yes I long for a slow August with nothing much happening. Our new "normal" daily routine is back breaking and mind boggling and is taking an emotional and physical toll. But we are plugging away one hour at a time and trying to remain in good spirits. As I write this I have bandages on my arms and hands as I dropped an ACV full bottle last night and it was quite the mess. Now I am vulnerable to ringworm due to the open cuts but what can I say. @marcy I am "I Love Lucy" and all this chaos is making me an even more klutzy Lucy.

Hope you enjoy your "chores" and yes I'd rather have your day too. LOL. Enjoy my dear @AV_

@Scandinavian how are you feeling? Hope your mom is doing OK. Continued good wishes being sent your way and hugs. Glad you liked the hug gifs. I thought you would. :kiss:

@Slick1 hope each day brings you joy and healing and good health. Hugs and love being sent your way.

@Mamabean hope you are having a good week and that all the family is well. Hugs.

Have a lovely day everyone. (((Hugs))).

Screen Shot 2019-08-08 at 5.55.50 AM.png

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy Your summer sounds like involuntary bootcamp. It is not eay to think of a silver lining... - I hope you end up in magnificent shape muscle-wise & with a serious immunity boost from all the stuff your skin gets to fight off... Some good ought to come out of this pile!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

:-o 2 acres @Tekate, that’s a lot of land to look after. Shirley’s is just over an acre, and it’s too much for her now, especially in the heat. What sort of floor plan are you thinking of? It’s so exciting to be planning your future home.

@marcy, are there no employment laws that your means your employer has to provide you with the correct machinery? Here, if you’re using a computer all day, your company pays for your eye tests and glasses if they’re essential to your work, and I’m pretty sure if you needed a specific monitor, they have to provide that too.

Sorry your clothes didn’t float your boat @junebug17 , how disappointing, please send them back so you don’t get stuck with them by missing the return window. I’ve been very bad this week, I’ve had 2 linen dresses, a top and a pair of shoes delivered :oops2:

Awww @Calliecake , I understand your reluctance to get the surgery scheduled, but the sooner it’s done, the quicker it’ll be over with. Colin’s had his put back twice now because the surgeon is on holiday, and it’s getting dangerously close to our friend’s daughters’ wedding.

Sounds like you’re getting quite a workout @AV_ don’t overdo it in the heat, the weeds will still be there another day.

It’s hard when you see that sweet little face @missy to comprehend all the havoc he’s caused. Hopefully keeping your arms and hands covered up will protect you from any further infestation. You must be completely exhausted with your cleaning regime, lack of sleep and worry. I really hope that you’ll start seeing some improvement after all this hard work.

Just busy doing household stuff, did the food shopping today, washing and ironing, and packed yesterday, just need to put the vacuum bags in to the cases.

Hope all the NIRDIS are doing well :wavey:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Austina I am counting some aching mouscles I didn't know I had ,) - it is fun, all in all.

almost midnight

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Junebug, thanks. Marty was still pretty quiet this morning but seems better tonight. Did you get your clothes shipped back? I am so bad about that I never ship things back I don’t like. I’ll return them to a store but don’t like packing them up and going to the post office.

Kate, woo hoo - I am glad your office was accepted on the lot. Congratulations. Good luck selling your place in Maine and designing your new place. I bet Autie is growing. Too cute she tried to grab your Coke. One of my nieces used to try to sneak drinks out of my Coke all the time.

Callie, I am glad you are feeling okay and I totally get putting off making an appointment for the procedure. I can’t say I’m surprised your DH went to PT so his pain wouldn’t impact his golf game. Golf is important. Marty hasn’t even tried to play golf this summer because of his back. That will be fun taking your grandniece clothes shopping.

AV, stay cool and good luck with the weeds. Oh no to finding those aching muscles.

Missy, a new knee sounds better and better as does no work for 6 weeks. Oh no to dropping and breaking a bottle. No you don’t need any more things to go wrong. I am sure you and Greg are completely exhausted. Hoping the kitties and you and Greg are hanging in there and getting rid of ringworm. Big hugs to all of you. Sweet picture of Oliver.

Austina, wow that the company you work for has to pay for eye exams and glasses. My company has to comply to doctor’s orders but nothing else. Even if I got an order for a specific size and resolution on a monitor I doubt my company would give me a Mac and a Thunderbolt. The team I just inherited had to work on Macs and we were supposed to hire 4 people originally so that is why they have extra Apple monitors and laptops. You sound busy getting ready for your trip.

I got to watch the Big Boy Steam engine locomotive return to town today. I thoroughly enjoyed that. The railroad tracks go right behind where I work so I watched the interactive map where the train was and went outside when it was getting close. Very cool.

Take care.
Marcy

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Aw, Oliver is so precious missy! :love: Such a little sweetheart. I hear you on sending things back, it's a big pain. Sending love and good thoughts to all, and healing vibes to those kitties.

@Tekate, congratulations on the new property! Very exciting and I'm wishing you all the best as you begin this new adventure. And we nirdis will be along for the ride LOL. Glad you are enjoying your time your wonderful family...especially that little lovebug Autumn :love:

@Calliecake, sending you lots of support as you figure out the best path for you. It's great that you've been feeling well. Going clothes shopping with your niece sounds like so much fun! Have a wonderful time this weekend with your family. I love Stranger Things. It's a sci-fi type show that has kids and teenagers as the main characters, and the adults are along for the ride. It reminds me a bit of Steven King's work, but nowhere near as dark or scary.

@AV_, you sound like you're getting quite a workout with all that gardening!

@Austina, sounds like you are getting a lot done, and really getting in good shape for your trip.

@marcy, glad to hear Marty seems in better spirits and I hope he continues to feel better. So fun that you were able to follow the train and catch it as it was coming by. I"ll bet you're pretty happy tomorrow is Friday!

I was good and mailed the clothes back. I have more coming, so I hope they fit lol. Dh will be home tomorrow, I think he's glad this week is over.

Love to all!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls.

@junebug17 yay for mailing your returns back. And good luck on the new clothes you ordered. I hope they fit and look amazing on you. Glad your DH will be home tomorrow. It's been a long week for many of us I think. Hugs.

@Austina glad packing and getting ready for your trip is going smoothly and that you are looking forward to it. You're very organized and I am impressed. When are you leaving? XO

@AV_ yes it's hard to find a silver lining in all of this especially now that Fred is going downhill again. :cry2: But I guess you could say what doesn't kill us makes us stronger though at this point I would imagine we are pretty darned strong given what we have dealt with these past number of years. I am focusing on the here and now and being in the moment and doing what we can to make the cats well. I realize however (since I live in reality) that it might not be enough. Hugs.

@marcy glad Marty is feeling better and hope he continues to improve. Woohoo it's Friday and your respite from work will soon be here. Hope you have a smooth sailing day. Love watching trains go by and I love the noise they make too. Often when Greg and I are cycling we get to see the old fashioned trains go by and we have to wait at the tracks. But I never mind that as it's fun to see. Yesterday we saw a double decker train which allowed the train to be shorter in length and go by more quickly. First time I saw that. Hugs.

@Scandinavian how are you doing honey? How's your mom feeling? Continued healing dust and good wishes being sent to you and your family. XOXO.

@Slick1 good morning. Hope you are enjoying the weeks off and feeling better each day. Sending you love and hugs.

@Tekate hello there girlie. Hope you are doing well and once again a big congrats on the purchase of your new home and good luck with the sale of your Maine home. Sending you big hugs and lots of good luck wishes.

Yesterday we enjoyed cycling for a bit and had ice cream too. We did the cats oral meds and cleaning and disinfecting of the house in the AM so that was nice. We cannot always do the cleaning first because it depends on Greg's work schedule. He usually has calls etc in the afternoon so during the work week he needs to generally be home by 11AM and when that is necessary we cannot cycle in the afternoon. But yesterday was a good day for the cats and cycling.

Screen Shot 2019-08-09 at 5.33.24 AM.png

Today has not started out well however. Fred refused food this AM and he vomited bile. So we have not given him his oral Itrafungol yet and not sure what to do. Supposed to give it with food but if we skip a dose it becomes ineffective and last round we only got 6 days into Fred not the 7 we were supposed to because he vomited the 7th dose the last day of the first week of the meds. Oy.

We gave Bobby his oral meds and topical meds and Oliver but so far not giving it to Tommy (he didn't eat enough this morning either) and as I wrote above have not yet given it to Fred. So the day has a dark beginning and I am once again feeling Fred is on borrowed time. He is just sitting on the stairs not moving. How much heartache and loss are we all going to have to endure? I wish I had a crystal ball but I am sure we all wish that at times.

Have a lovely Friday ladies and sending each and everyone of you hugs and good wishes.

Tommy roaring a good morning to each one of you lovely ladies.

Screen Shot 2019-08-09 at 5.33.58 AM.png

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Keep up the good work NIRDI's!!!!!:wavey:

cheers--Sharon

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Well done on returning the clothes @junebug17 I hope the new ones are a perfect fit for you.

Oh no @missy, you seem to be taking one step forward and two steps back with the pusskats. I hope you’ve managed to coax them to eat today so you can give them the meds. That’s a lovely photo of your roaring little tiger,

I’m glad that you’re still managing to have some semblance of normality and get out cycling when you can, and of course, enjoying your Days ice cream.

Do you know it’s a year ago today that Bella arrived?

We fly (hopefully) to Nice next Thursday, staying in Monte Carlo for the night and pick up the ship on Friday morning, please keep everything crossed we don’t have any problems :pray:

How’s Marty today @marcy? That was a great video on FB on the train, it looked huge :o

I’m not surprised you’re aching all over @AV_ gardening is pretty heavy work.

Busy weekend getting things done in the house, I often wonder why we ever go away :lol:

TGIF, have a great weekend lovely NIRDIS :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Girls I am so depressed because it isn't looking good for Fred and I am gutted and broken hearted. I am sorry to come here and cry more but I really don't have anyone IRL I know who will get it with the exception of my dh and Tom. And Greg isn't taking this well and I don't know what to do anymore. And the other cats are taking a very long time in showing any improvement as in no improvement yet. I am so sad. :cry2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Bellanniversary @Austina! So thrilled you are in love with her and you two make a gorgeous pair.:kiss2:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no @missy, poor little Fred. I don’t know what to say, this is just too heartbreaking for you and Greg. :(2

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @Austina, there is nothing to say but I so appreciate you listening and just being here. I cannot believe how many tears I still have in me and I don't feel sorry for myself but rather our sweet dear Fred. He deserves better than this. I wish I could go back in time but I know I must deal with reality. Thank you dear Austina for caring.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Strength and healing to the Fredster!

kind regards--Sharon

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, I'm so sorry Fred isn't doing well. (((Hugs))). I'm really hoping he's just out of sorts from the sulfur bath and that he rallies a little for you soon. Try your best not to be discouraged that the other cats don't seem to be improving, from what I've read it can take a while for the infection to clear up so hopefully it's a matter of time at this point. You are doing all the right things. I know it's hard not to be upset though, this has been a rough summer for you and Greg.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Even though I’m sure you don’t feel like celebrating, today is your special day, and I hope it’ll be a good one for you all.

12A0A604-4B80-4268-8A11-D8D7C071976E.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @junebug17 and @Austina and @canuk-gal for your good wishes for Fred. (((Hugs))).

Thank you @Austina for the lovely birthday wishes. Very kind of you. XO.
All I am wishing for this birthday is that our cats all get well and beat ringworm. Including our sweet Fred who is very ill. If they could all overcome this and be well that would be a dream come true.

@AV_ hope your weather is lovely and that you are enjoying a happy Caturday Saturday. How are the blackberries doing?

Hello @Slick1 hope you have a good weekend and are feeling and healing well.

@Scandinavian keeping good thoughts for your mom and you and sending continued healing vibes and gentle hugs.

@marcy hope you had a good night last night. Did you have an astronomy meeting?

@Tekate hola girlie. Hope you're all doing well and excited about your upcoming adventures.

@Mamabean those are some gorgeous princess studs you snagged. So happy you got them.

@Calliecake glad things are going well and hope you have a fun weekend on tap.

@sarahb I didn't want to threadjack your thread. Things are not going well but we are plugging along and doing everything we possibly can and hoping things will improve. Fingers and toes and everything crossed. LOVE your new beautiful bling and wear it in health and happiness. Hugs.

I hope I didn't leave anyone out.

We had a lovely ride yesterday and enjoyed Days Ice Cream in the afternoon.
Screen Shot 2019-08-10 at 4.59.15 AM.png

Nothing has changed regarding the cats. Just taking it one day/one hour/one minute at a time. I'm keeping that Winston Churchill saying close to my heart...when one is going through hell keep going and that is what we are doing.

Have a wonderful weekend lovely ladies. Sending you hugs and love.

Leaving you with a photo we took last night right before sunset.
The birds love diving in the water for fish. It's quite the sight but here he is just hanging out for a while and enjoying the scenery and lovely weather and the lovely weather continues for the weekend. Happy weekend all.

Screen Shot 2019-08-10 at 5.10.56 AM.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL

cats.png

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy I am happy to report - no news at all, next week should be more interesting. I am keeping pace with blackberry ripening - a few handfuls get at their best each day & I am still not bored with them or with a new conference paper due mid september (soon enough). I keep thinking that your biking to Days is not unlike my taking a walk to the blackberry thickets - both are near daily escapades with treats in the middle. I certainly NEED some good icecream as well, in fact.

All's well that ends well, methinks.

I doubt I could work through the kind of Hell you are dealing with ,( - can't tell what I'd do! I am reading your posts in awe :blackeye:

Last edited:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Girls I am so depressed because it isn't looking good for Fred and I am gutted and broken hearted. I am sorry to come here and cry more but I really don't have anyone IRL I know who will get it with the exception of my dh and Tom. And Greg isn't taking this well and I don't know what to do anymore. And the other cats are taking a very long time in showing any improvement as in no improvement yet. I am so sad. :cry2:

Ohmygoodness Missy. so sad to read this. I’m sorry you are dealing with such a difficult situation. Happy birthday though. I hope today is a little easier for you and you have a little fun and some ice cream! :kiss2:

Hi NIRDIs :wavey: thank you for your continued well wishes. I’m slowly healing yet disappointed as hell that the most recent surgery wasn’t effective at all. Even the surgeon is unhappy with the results so I’ve been pretty down about it. I still can’t help going back over how this all happened. I know it does no good, but I can’t help it! It really was a clusterf__k! :x2

Sending ((hugs)) to all! Enjoy the weekend. :kiss2:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so sorry @Slick1 how disappointing that the surgery wasn’t a success, after everything you’ve been through. Where do you go from here?

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results