shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so sorry @Slick1 how disappointing that the surgery wasn’t a success, after everything you’ve been through. Where do you go from here?

Thank you @Austina :kiss2: Well, right now I have I wear a contraction at night called a jaw bra or chin bra to help form the tissue he injected. Sexy, NOT! :lol: Also we can, and he did, aggressively manipulate the fatty tissue to be where we want it. That’s uncomfortable for sure, and not for the faint of heart.
I could also explore having synthetic fillers used but with my infection history, a foreign body injection is scary. So...now I just live with it and pray it improves :read:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Oh, @Slick1 sad :(( ... I hope you can soon take a long break from all medical interventions. Health is a thing of beauty.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, I know you're not in much of a mood to celebrate but I wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday, I hope you are able to find a little joy today and do something to take your mind off of things for at least a little bit. Sending love and hugs
16CA203A-8BF2-43B7-90BA-C24D5E97DF18.jpeg

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy I am losing track of the most important things: Happy Birthday! This one day might not look happy, but you have made it in one piece through interesting times, may that it all changes for the better fast.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Happy birthday to you Missy! And a happy Caturday Saturday as well. I'm soo sorry for what you are going through with your dear cats. My heart has been hurting for you. But you are right, when you're going through hell keep going. You take such great care of your babies and I really hope they recover. :kiss2:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Happy BD @missy !! Hope you have TWO big bowls of ice cream today!

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @AV_, @Slick1 , @junebug17 , @Austina, @bling_dream19 and @canuk-gal for all the lovely birthday wishes. It isn't a happy birthday but I am grateful for all the wonderful people and animals in my life and I never take any of it or you for granted. Thank you guys for being such wonderful and warm supportive friends. I am very fortunate.

thankyou.gif

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Slick1 you are in my thoughts and prayers always and sending you bucketloads of healing dust. And lots of love. (((Hugs))).

@Scandinavian hope you and your mom are doing OK. Thinking of you and continued healing vibes being sent your way. XO.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Birthday Missy! Hopefully you are able to get out and enjoy part of the day. I’m sure with everything going on with Fred celebrating is the last thing on your mind. I’m so sorry to hear Fred isn’t improving. It sounded like he was doing better than he was doing last Saturday. I’d mistakenly taken it as a good sign that the vet felt he was well enough to perform the dip . I’m so sorry Missy. Sending hugs and dust to you, Greg and the kitties.

@Slick1 , I’m so sorry for all you are going thru and that this last operation did not yield the results the doctors and you were hoping for. It is understandable that you have been feeling down. Hang in there sweetie.

@Scandinavian , I hope everything is going well with your mom’s treatment and you are doing well.

@junebug17 , I’m with you on having to return clothes. I’ve resorted to just ordering a couple sizes and returning what doesn’t fit every time I find a good sales or something I really like. Are you doing anything fun this weekend?

@Tekate, What an exciting year you have ahead of you. I’m so glad you were able to find a lot and builder you are happy with.

@av, Are you making any progress on the yard? I’ve noticed it was much more fun gardening when I was younger LOL.

@marcy, I hope you and Marty are having a fun weekend. Is Marty still in pain?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous Sunrise this Morning. The Sun must have realized it was a special lady's birthday.

upload_2019-8-10_16-58-46.png

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Birthday Missy!
upload_2019-8-10_17-0-20.png

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@marcy Great sky! Of so many pictures of the sky I am taking just a few make me want to paint them, yours does too...

@Calliecake I so wish to get to the point where gardening means deadheading roses as @marcy writes, I am still haystacking weeds (two weeks ago I'd use a cane to prod the overgrown grass for vipers, now, I can see what I am stepping on) The backyard is at least twice as much fun, and I haven't started. Good workout, sure enough ,)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Junebug, now i am more interested in Stranger Things; I used to read a ton of Stephen King novels. Good deal you mailed your clothes back and I hope the ones coming are exactly what you want. I ended up with a few pairs of pants that are high rise which aren’t something I need; they are really baggy but I thought they’d be good in the winter to wear lots of thermal underwear under. Ha Ha. Yes, I like your DH; was glad the week is over.

Missy, how fun you get to see old fashioned trains too when you are out riding. This steam engine sounded pretty cool; I guess there are 4 of them still running. I’ve seen a few freight trains with double decker cars but not very often. I am so sorry to hear Fred got so sick this morning and isn’t doing very well. It is so heartbreaking and sad for you and Greg. Keeping you in my thoughts as always. Love Tommy’s roar! I am so glad you got to go for a ride and get some ice cream.

Hi Sharon.

Austina, Marty’s back and shoulder are hurting but it’s because he is working on setting up his gym. He is excited. I totally enjoyed seeing that train up close.

AV, I am so glad you are enjoying some delicious, fresh blackberries every day.

Slick1, I hate to hear your surgery was not successful; hoping they turn that around and you get better soon.

Callie, how is your garden doing this summer? I went over to visit a friend of mine today and her yard is gorgeous with lots of assorted daisies and big flower pots. It looked quite nice. Sadly Marty is still in pain but he is working on getting his gym set up this weekend. I gave him some of my extra strength Excedrin this morning and hope that helped him.

Marty got his racks screwed in to the cement at his gym today. His battery operated drill wasn’t cutting it so he went and rented a corded drill and it worked like a charm. Tomorrow some friends are coming by to help him pack out all the weights, benches and bike to take over to the gym. I hope he gets it ready to use on Monday. Poor guy never thinks of water so I took him a big water bottle and hope he will remember to fill it. I took over some chicken sandwiches a while ago and took him a plate of cookies this morning. He used his new Dyson to vacuum up some cement dust and now it won’t come on; I hope he didn’t ruin it. He took his shop vac back to clean up some of this mess.

I made a batch of cc cookies today; some for Marty’s gym so he can have a tray there of cookies for people helping him and some for a friend of mine who had her hip replaced on Monday. She is doing quite well. We visited for a few hours this afternoon. She is bored already. Her house was built in the early 1900’s and is really nice. Some upgrades have been done over the years. They have hardwood floors throughout and all the rooms are small. It has large windows with stained glass in the top panels. She said they get very nervous when it hails. The yards had a large covered patio and there is a man cave / mother in law suite out back. Her boyfriend watches sports out there. They bought the place a year ago Christmas and I hadn’t been over to see it yet. I thought of taking her a bottle of wine but she is still on pain meds (sadly the opioid ones) so I decided not to tempt her with wine. She said she is taking Advil rather than messing with those stronger meds but she is in a lot of pain. It was fun visiting with her.

I am doing laundry and think I’ll go see if my lifting spot is useable with all the mess downstairs.

Take care.
Marcy

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy birthday @missy! I hope you had some fun today...I have to catch up which I will do tomorrow morning...
I haven’t been on except to post in the Costco princess earring thread. I’m glad that’s over and I have them.
I spent Friday and Saturday watching my grandson, Jackson. He slept over in my room. I didn’t get more than an hour sleep..so I don’t know my name anymore. My house looked like a twister came through...and that would be about right. He’s wearing my apron because they forgot his bib. That’s my kitchen with all the plastic animals and his toy room...It’s almost 8pm and as soon as I get David to bed I’m going to bed too! I know how to party..:roll2:
F2951C7C-1340-430D-A785-F4252FE2F19E.jpeg F4C1DED2-3D23-4FB6-BDEA-41F209CD9AA8.jpeg 4B4B6B4F-F4D1-4547-9F02-21152D921D23.jpeg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mamabean, did you get your 1 carat PC studs? They looked like nice studs. Too funny your house looks like a twister went through it. Marty must be a hurricane. :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls.

Thank you @Calliecake, @marcy and @Mamabean for the birthday wishes. Much appreciated.

@junebug17 hope you are continuing to enjoy a lovely weekend. It is picture and weather perfect. Hope you are enjoying having DH home with you. I cannot believe August is flying by. (((Hugs))).

@Scandinavian how are you honey? Thinking of you and praying your mom is doing as well as possible and the treatments are working. (((Hugs))).

@marcy beautiful sky. Glad your friend is doing well and how nice you baked cookies for her and Marty and his crew too. I love old homes and your friend's home sounds lovely. Our beach house original part was built in 1923 and I love it. You cannot build new homes with that type of character though new homes can be very pretty too. Did you get to lift yesterday? XOXO

@Calliecake glad all is well in your world and hope the weekend is proving to be fun and enjoyable and that you are having nice weather too. Our family from Chicago is visiting here and we are seeing them tomorrow. Not great timing with all that is happening but there it is. Have a good Sunday. XO

@Slick1 hope you are enjoying a good weekend and taking advantage of the wonderful weather we are having. You know what saying I am holding onto these days? "This too shall pass" and I am praying for both of us. One day we will look back on this difficult time and be able to say we made it. Anyway I am always keeping you in my thoughts and sending healing hugs your way. My dear friend you have many happy events to look forward to...(((Hugs))).

@AV_ your weekend sounds lovely and I am glad all is well with you. Sending you hugs across the many miles. XOXO

@canuk-gal thank you for your encouraging words for both Fred and me. Our dear Fred is having quite a challenging time of things and Greg and I have important decisions to make soon. Hard decisions. I hope you are having a good weekend and thank you for being here. (((Hugs))).

@Mamabean aww your grandson is precious and LOL it hardly looks like a twister has come through. Looks pretty neat to me considering you had your sweet little grandson there playing. I am so glad you got the princess studs and they look gorgeous on you. Sweet deal for a sweet lady. (((Hugs))).

Fred is an old man and he doesn't want to take meds. In fact he stops eating when we force him to do any meds including topicals. He is running away from us even when we try feeding him. It's a gut wrenching experience. And I cannot be sure he is not suffering. Is he just not having a good time of things or is he actually suffering? My sister says don't give up on him and continue with the topicals and lime dips. She said yes it will take him much longer to get rid of the fungus but she thinks he still can even with just the topicals and lime dips. But she cannot promise. And as long as he has the fungus so will our other cats as they all have to get rid of it to be clear.

As of now we have stopped the Itrafungol (the oral anti fungal and arguably the most important med for this disease and the only one that could probably get him well) and are continuing to the best of our ability to apply the topical but we cannot see all the fungus areas and they are rapidly spreading which is concerning. Yes we could shave him to better see where the fungus is and apply meds but it would traumatize him to the point of no return so we are not going to take that drastic measure. And we will continue the lime sulfur dips. The Lime Sulfur dips are not controlled by us and the vet's office is being difficult saying they only want to do 4 weeks worth despite evidence showing many cats need months and months of the dips. It is time consuming and takes their staff away as they need 2 per cat to do it but that is their job right? To help treat our cats. Very frustrating and we have spent many thousands there in just a few weeks but still I see we might have a fight on our hands. It isn't simply take the cats somewhere else as they all would need to be examined again and have all the tests done again and get used to a whole new staff. The stress of a new office on the cats makes it a not good option. So I am hoping on Tuesday we can convince the veterinarian there to please continue with the lime dips as long as necessary.

Not sure of anything right now. Today is a day of decisions.

Yesterday we had a good ride and the weather was amazing. I couldn't believe how wonderful the weather was yesterday. We cycled 60 miles and today we are probably going to hit 4K for the cycling season which is pretty darn crazy considering how much we couldn't cycle this summer due to cat issues. I have to compartmentalize or I wouldn't get through this. I wouldn't be able to even eat if I didn't compartmentalize right now. Living in the moment as best I can.

Screen Shot 2019-08-11 at 5.22.55 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-08-11 at 5.23.25 AM.png

Last night we opened the bottle of wine my podiatrist gave us and OMG he was so right. This was the BEST wine I ever had and I am not a wine person but I could become one if I could get this wine all the time. Sadly he doesn't sell it and I am not sure how he would feel if I asked to buy it. Scratch that. He wouldn't sell it to me but I bet he would give us some more. I don't think I will ask him at least right now. I texted him last night and he responded and he was pleased we loved the wine.

Screen Shot 2019-08-11 at 5.21.39 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-08-11 at 5.21.48 AM.png

I know those are the wrong wine glasses but we didn't have the energy to search for the proper glasses and the wine would taste amazing in any glass.

Leaving you with a picture perfect August 10th photo. Seastreak in our backyard and look at those skies. That is one pretty August 10th sky.:sun:

Screen Shot 2019-08-11 at 5.23.57 AM.png

Have a happy Sunday girls.:wavey:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mamabean, did you get your 1 carat PC studs? They looked like nice studs. Too funny your house looks like a twister went through it. Marty must be a hurricane. :lol:
Hahahahaha @marcy! It looked worse than that. I had stuff everywhere...
Yes..I got my studs...I love them...I just bought asscher cut moissanite a tad bigger just before this happened...I had ordered princess cut diamonds from James Allen within the suggested parameters...and vs1 G color...They looked dead when I opened the box. So I decided to get the moissanite because they sparkle more...I don’t wear costume jewelry so moissanite fits the bill for me if I want a change. I wouldn’t buy six diamond rings but can do it in the moissanite..so it’s fun...Now I have to think about selling my 2 carat princess ones and my 1 carat moissanite asscher ones. :confused2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good morning girlfriends....I think I caught up reading but am packing up to head back to Pa...My friend and husband will be using the house next weekend here in Maryland...so I have to make it a little more pulled together. The cleaning lady is coming Monday but she doesn’t do everything..My husband is wiping down the porch outside..and I’m busy cleaning the fridge and stripping beds and washing the sheets. I leave all the sheets folded and ready for her. I also swiffer before she comes too. I’m a nut..
I’m sorry some of you are still having medical issues..kitties included...Those are medical issues too...:cry2:
David and I have been weeding outside in Pa “to get rid of his grouchy energy”. I have people to do weeding but when he’s really grouchy and mean I tell him he has too much grouchy energy and I’ll help him to feel better...I sympathize with him and we do it together..It’s very tiring and hot which used to be a way to make him make better choices. Now we moved to walking long distance which he absolutely hates..so he was good on Friday. He always acts up and turns on me on Mondays when we have to come home from Maryland. I may be doing lots of walking next week..haha...
I did buy my car last week which is also why I’ve been missing in action.
Here are pics of my new car!
5D164AFE-61DE-4024-B2BF-A22DA4AD366E.jpeg 102294CE-BAC5-436F-B334-A78F91C09234.jpeg 7AF11EF1-D05C-4E22-A793-44FD2FE3370A.jpeg
Have a great day and will talk to you guys tomorrow...xxxooo

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s! Wishing all of you wonderful things.

Missy, it’s funny I generally think I’d rather own a new home but you are right - the older homes have a lot of appeal and generally are built really well. I did go lift yesterday. I hate to hear some of the treatments are not going well and that today is a day of decisions. There is never a right or wrong decision; just a choice made for the best. Big hugs to you. Your photos are gorgeous and the wine looks delicious. Hopefully you can get another bottle sometime. That is awesome you are at 4K on your bike this summer.

Mamabean, great new car. Sweet. I am sure that little guy left quite a mess in wake but he was having fun. That is awesome your 1 carat studs are awesome. If I had a membership to Costco I might have joined in on the mass purchase from PS members. I have 1/2 ctw ACA PC studs and got them out to wear in spirit with all of you lucky ladies that got the 1 carat studs. That is cool you enjoy a wide variety of pieces in moissanite. Good idea to help David work out his grouchy energy, pulling weeds is certainly a chore. I am hot and tired just thinking about i. I hope he gets some of that grouchiness out from all that work then taking a walk. I was just texting with my sister about her 2 sons who are fighting (she has 3 sons). The oldest son lives at home with them; he is severely ADHD and totally lacks people skills and common sense. Their youngest son and his wife are pretty immature and IMO rather mean to the oldest boy especially the DIL. I’ve almost lit in to the DIL a few times myself about things she has said to him around me but I know it’s none of my business. A few months ago the oldest boy and DIL got in a fight over something and according to her he called her a name and told her to FO; she wants an apology and he won’t talk to her so the brothers aren’t talking anymore. As I told my sister the DIL has been asking to be told off for some time yet she and the oldest son contributed to the problem. They both need to eat humble pie but I doubt if either one of them are likely to do it. There might be 2 less people coming to Christmas this year - at least if a fight breaks out here Marty would be a good bouncer. Ha Ha.

Poor Marty is moving things all by himself today. Several people said they’d help today but no one made any plans - they haven’t texted him to ask and he hasn’t text them to ask for help so he is slowly hauling things over there. I will see if he wants to put some stuff in the back of the Porsche and I can go with him on his next trip. I am such a klutz and have bad knees or I’d be hauling stuff back and forth for him but I wouldn’t be much help. I am keeping him fed and hydrated anyway. His dream is expensive and hard work.

Tuesday is the 20th anniversary of my best friend’s fatal motorcycle accident. I’ve been kind of brooding about it recently anyway and was planning on calling or texting her sister today. She beat me to it and got ahold of me last night. She is with my friends husband and 2 daughters and they are going to dump some of their dad’s ashes in the mountains where they dumped my friends ashes this coming Tuesday. I’d dug out some of my photos of Connie the other day so I had them handy and scanned them to send off to her family last night. It was kind of nice just visiting with them for a while. August kind of sucks for me; Marty’s friend was killed on the 7th, then my friend on the 13th and my mom passed away on the 30th. I am trying to remember the good times and know my life was better with all of them. Enough of my sappy thoughts and pity party.

Laundry is done, dishes are done, it’s raining so I’m off to read until Marty comes back for another load.

Take care.
Marcy

Reactions: AV_

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, I am so sorry about Fred and I definitely get the dilemma you're experiencing - I know you are so worried about Fred and I agree that it's really hard to know exactly what is going on with him. Right now I'm hoping the Debbie is right but I completely understand your reservations and concerns about him. I really get how hard it is to see him not doing well. I am hoping for the best and keeping you in my thoughts. The wine looks delicious and I'm glad you enjoyed it, you deserve it. And I hope you can figure out a way to get more lol. XOXOX

Beautiful pic of the ocean and sky :love: I hope the family visit went ok; I'm sure you didn't feel like it but hopefully it at least provided a little distraction for a bit.

@Slick1, I am so sorry the surgery didn't give the results expected, it's understandable you'd be really disappointed. I am hoping and praying that with time there might be at least a little improvement. You have been through so much and I'm sending comfort and support to you. (((Hugs)))

@Calliecake, ordering 2 sizes is a great idea, I think I'll start doing that too. I hope you had fun with your family this weekend.

@marcy, that pic of the sunrise is absolutely stunning :love: Marty really is working hard to get the gym set up. You are being a big help by keeping him fed and hydrated! If you've been a fan of Stephen King, I think you might enjoy Stranger Things. In fact, the writers have said the show pays homage to King and I've read that he likes the show. Your friend's house sounds absolutely beautiful. I hope her pain subsides soon and she recovers quickly. It was nice of you to visit, I'll bet the company did her a lot of good. It's completely understandable why August is a rough month for you; it's a reminder of very painful losses and I'm so sorry. Sending lots of comfort and hugs.

@Scandinavian, I'm thinking about you and your mother, and hope things are going ok.

@Mamabean, Jackson is SO adorable :love: Looks like he has a great set-up at grandma's house. Your home is so pretty. I'm sorry David has been grouchy and I hope he comes around soon. It's tough when our kids take out their bad mood on us. It's good the extra activity helps mellow him out! LOL to walking more next week. Oh wow, your new car is a beauty! I love it and am really happy for you. Wonderful news that you finally got your earrings, it's so much fun getting new bling. They are beautiful and I'm so glad you love them.

Yesterday afternoon dh and I drove to the beach to see ds play in his reggae band. We surprised him and he seemed happy we came. Dh and I weren't sure what we were getting into LOL, but it turned out to be a cute place right on the beach and we had lunch there. They sounded really good; they take all kinds of different songs and play them in a reggae style. Today was just the usual, laundry and watching some golf. Tomorrow I'm going to the beach with 2 friends; one of the women lives in an apartment there all year round - so I'll be staying with her and heading home on Wednesday.

Keeping everyone in my thoughts, take care everyone <3

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Missy,
Happy birthday! I am brand new here, but I just had to post because my birthday is August 10th too! And this year it was a big one for me. We went to the Ballet Festival at the Joyce to celebrate. It was an unusually gorgeous August day in the city. I have read a bit of your thread, and I know this past year has brought you many challenges. I hope this coming year is a happy and peaceful one for you.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls.

@missy, I am so sorry about Fred and I definitely get the dilemma you're experiencing - I know you are so worried about Fred and I agree that it's really hard to know exactly what is going on with him. Right now I'm hoping the Debbie is right but I completely understand your reservations and concerns about him. I really get how hard it is to see him not doing well. I am hoping for the best and keeping you in my thoughts. The wine looks delicious and I'm glad you enjoyed it, you deserve it. And I hope you can figure out a way to get more lol. XOXOX

Beautiful pic of the ocean and sky :love: I hope the family visit went ok; I'm sure you didn't feel like it but hopefully it at least provided a little distraction for a bit.

Thank you for your encouraging words Junie. Poor Fred. He looks like a burn victim. Burnt black all over his face and paws. It's horrifying to look at. We aren't giving up on him yet. We just don't want to torture him for no reason but we do not have a crystal ball so we decided for now to keep doing what we can for him and wait and see. But if he stops eating for more than a few days we are going to have to make the hardest decision. I actually made an appointment for home euthanasia for this evening but canceled it yesterday morning. I don't know the best thing to do for Fred and that is all I care about is making the best decision for him. I wish he could tell me what he wants. I know you get it and thanks so much Junie for being such a supportive and caring individual. You are a dear.

Yesterday afternoon dh and I drove to the beach to see ds play in his reggae band. We surprised him and he seemed happy we came. Dh and I weren't sure what we were getting into LOL, but it turned out to be a cute place right on the beach and we had lunch there. They sounded really good; they take all kinds of different songs and play them in a reggae style. Today was just the usual, laundry and watching some golf. Tomorrow I'm going to the beach with 2 friends; one of the women lives in an apartment there all year round - so I'll be staying with her and heading home on Wednesday.

Keeping everyone in my thoughts, take care everyone <3

How fun you got to see DS play in his reggae band. I LOVE reggae music. It's fun to dance to also. And perfect that it was on the beach. Speaking of beach enjoy the day with your friends today. It's a perfect beach day. Have fun. (((Hugs))).

Missy, it’s funny I generally think I’d rather own a new home but you are right - the older homes have a lot of appeal and generally are built really well. I did go lift yesterday. I hate to hear some of the treatments are not going well and that today is a day of decisions. There is never a right or wrong decision; just a choice made for the best. Big hugs to you. Your photos are gorgeous and the wine looks delicious. Hopefully you can get another bottle sometime. That is awesome you are at 4K on your bike this summer.

Hi Marcy, thanks. Glad you got to lift the other day and thank you for your hugs. I love your hugs and feel them when you send them. Thank you for enjoying my photos too. And yup we hit 4K yesterday woohoo.

Poor Marty is moving things all by himself today. Several people said they’d help today but no one made any plans - they haven’t texted him to ask and he hasn’t text them to ask for help so he is slowly hauling things over there. I will see if he wants to put some stuff in the back of the Porsche and I can go with him on his next trip. I am such a klutz and have bad knees or I’d be hauling stuff back and forth for him but I wouldn’t be much help. I am keeping him fed and hydrated anyway. His dream is expensive and hard work.

Tuesday is the 20th anniversary of my best friend’s fatal motorcycle accident. I’ve been kind of brooding about it recently anyway and was planning on calling or texting her sister today. She beat me to it and got ahold of me last night. She is with my friends husband and 2 daughters and they are going to dump some of their dad’s ashes in the mountains where they dumped my friends ashes this coming Tuesday. I’d dug out some of my photos of Connie the other day so I had them handy and scanned them to send off to her family last night. It was kind of nice just visiting with them for a while. August kind of sucks for me; Marty’s friend was killed on the 7th, then my friend on the 13th and my mom passed away on the 30th. I am trying to remember the good times and know my life was better with all of them. Enough of my sappy thoughts and pity party.

Aww I am so sorry about your friend's death and I remember you writing about that before. What a sad anniversary. Sending you comforting hugs and love. I am glad her sister and you remain in touch. I can see why August sucks for you. Marty's friend dying so sad too and then your mom's death and your other friend. I am sorry Marcy. Yes life is better with our loved ones and when they are gone a huge hole is left behind. The price of love is the grief we have when our dear ones die. There are no words to fully explain our feelings and sadness missing loved ones. But hopefully happy memories can bring you some comfort. (((Hugs))).

Hope Marty did OK yesterday and is feeling well today. Dreams often are hard work and cost lots of money. May all your dreams continue coming true and wishing all the NIRDIs the same.

@Mamabean wow love your new car. Congratulations my friend. Enjoy your sweet new ride. Good luck cleaning up for your houseguests and enjoy the rest of the week. Hope everyone is well by you and sending you hugs and love. XOXO.

I just showed this to my 93 year old mother who has loved cats her whole life. She couldn’t stop watching them hug!

Hahaha I am glad she enjoyed it. I shared it hoping everyone would because it is so precious. Who couldn't love that? Nothing is better than a furry hug right? (((Hugs))).

@canuk-gal how are you feeling and how is your sister doing? Are you enjoying more cycling I hope? The only time I feel a bit carefree these days is when we get to cycle. I cannot believe with all that is happening we are still getting to cycle and we hit 4K yesterday. Imagine what we would have reached if we weren't administering multiple meds daily to 4 cats and trying to coax them to eat and cleaning and disinfecting our 3500 square foot beach house on a daily basis. LOL at least I still am maintaining my sense of humor and that is important. Hope you are enjoying your summer and sending you hugs and love.

@Scandinavian honey I am keeping you and your mom in my thoughts daily and more frequently than that truth be told. Sending your mom bucketloads of healing vibes and you lots of hugs.

@Slick1 what is happening by you? Anything new? Hope your healing is improving and that a plan is in place that you are pleased with and you are in my thoughts. (((Hugs))).

@Tekate great Kate love your sweet family and Autie is precious. What great new photos. Thank you for sharing and thank you for being you. I hope your buying and selling home process goes smoothly. (((Hugs))).

So after our morning routine of meds and cleaning (a 4 hour process generally yup no exaggeration...the cats and meds takes so much time) we got to cycle and we hit 4,000 miles yesterday (4,014 miles to be exact) woohoo.

Screen Shot 2019-08-12 at 5.32.01 AM.png

and rode 60 miles yesterday

Screen Shot 2019-08-12 at 5.32.10 AM.png

another picture perfect day

Screen Shot 2019-08-12 at 5.32.18 AM.png

Speaking of Days

Screen Shot 2019-08-12 at 5.32.38 AM.png

I hope everyone enjoys a wonderful Monday. We have a busy day ahead. Gave the cats meds already and soon will start cleaning and disinfecting and then maybe a short ride and then off to meet Greg's family. I hope today is a good day for everyone. (((Hugs))).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy,
Happy birthday! I am brand new here, but I just had to post because my birthday is August 10th too! And this year it was a big one for me. We went to the Ballet Festival at the Joyce to celebrate. It was an unusually gorgeous August day in the city. I have read a bit of your thread, and I know this past year has brought you many challenges. I hope this coming year is a happy and peaceful one for you.

Hello @OdetteOdile and I am glad you enjoyed a very happy birthday. We love the ballet and what a wonderful way to celebrate and yes it was the most amazing birthday weather weekend. Felt almost like late September in August. Welcome to PS and thank you for your lovely warm wishes.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Oh @missy, what an awful situation to be in. I always think you can tell when they’re ready by their eyes and the way they look at you as if to say “It’s ok Mum, you can let me go”. Until then, keep doing what you’re doing for Fred, there’s always a chance that he’ll rally and start to improve. It’s easy to second guess yourself, was it too soon, was it soon enough, but you’ll know in your heart when he’s ready. Until then, hope for the best and prepare for the worst. I wish there was something, anything, that I could do to help, other than sending you love and strength to deal with this. I’m glad you’re able to get out and enjoy your cycling, I do think in these situation that just being outside helps to bring some balance back to your life. Wow to hitting over 4000 miles with everything that’s been going on this summer.

Everything crossed @Slick1 that things will start to improve for you soon, I’m not surprised you’re reluctant to try anything else.

Sounds like you had a fun time @junebug17, it must make you very proud to be able to go and see your son perform, and know how much enjoyment it’s bringing people.

Lovely new car @Mamabean and easier for your doggy to get in and out of. As I said to Missy, I do think being outside in the fresh air helps to lift one’s moods, and it sounds as though it does help David when he’s grumpy. :lol: To Tornado Jackson rampaging through the house, you know you wouldn’t have it any other way.

I’m sorry that it’s such a sad time for you at the moment, remembering those you’ve loved and lost @marcy. Sending big hugs to you. Ain’t that just the way, people offering to help, but when it comes to it, they’re nowhere to be seen? Hope Marty hasn’t overdone it getting the gym set up, it’s looking great, very professional. Hopefully it’ll be a big success, then you can retire, and become accustomed to the life you deserve :mrgreen2:

Great plan just to order 2 sizes and send back what doesn’t fit @Calliecake, I do tend to find a style and brand that suit my odd shape, and stick with them, and just order in lots of different patterns and colours, hence why I have so many dresses that look basically the same :D

Have you conquered your jungle yet @AV_? Or are you still hacking your way through the undergrowth?

Happy belated birthday @OdetteOdile

Had a busy weekend, got the floors polished and packing done, so nearly ready for Thursday.

I hope all the NIRDIs have had a good weekend, and wishing you all a better week ahead :wavey:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all! :wavey:
@missy Sheesh! What an ordeal. I’m incredibly sorry you are struggling so. The pain of watching your babies go through this...how are your and Greg’s spots doing? I hope you enjoyed a nice birthday and hope things get easier with each passing week. And this too shall pass, they say. Looking back on the what if’s do you no good and will cause angst, so try to look froward to a successful treatment of this. Hope you can ride a lot this week. Going to be awesome out there.
@Mamabean What a beautiful car! And your grandson is so adorable. I’ll bet you needed rest after the overnight visit. Hope you’re enjoying your new earrings!
@marcy wishing you and your husband much success with his dream gym. Sounds like a lot of work but will be worth it.
@AV_ Weeding can be very hard work for sure. It will bring to attention muscles we did not even know existed. Have fun!
@junebug17 Thank you for your well wishes. Sounds like a lot of fun being at the shore with your son’s reggae music. What a great week in the NE for beach going. Enjoy!
@Calliecake How are you feeling? I hope you are doing well and having no pain. Thank you for thinking of me.
@Tekate congratulations on your new land and best of luck selling your home in Maine. So nice that you’ll be near your beautiful sweet granddaughter. Hope you are feeling well!
@Austina thank you for your wishes. Happy anniversary with Bella. What a beautiful diamond and it came from the most wonderful person (@missy ) Good luck with your floor polishing. I think I missed where you are heading Thursday...back to see your son over the pond? Have a wonderful trip wherever you end up.

Thank you all for your words of encouragement. I am doing what I told @missy not to do. Going back over and over things from a year past and wondering where I could have gone in a different direction and saved myself from this. But alas, what good does it do but make me sad and angry. I have three more weeks of summer vacation o_O I have gotten a lot of maintenance health things done this summer that had been put off so I can return without all of the appts lingering. I do feel that this anger and sadness is taking its toll on any joy I might have. It’s times like these where we really miss our moms....I am hoping that this wrap thing works and I am massaging and manipulating it too. :pray: I do not relish the idea of another procedure.
DS’s wedding is seven weeks away :kiss2: so I have to get myself together for them and for my students. Get. It. Together. @Slick1 :x2
I hope I didn’t make too many typos or miss anyone. You all are on my morning walk with me and I’m on the phone dodging garbage cans left and right :lol:
((Hugs)) to all!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, I’m sorry Fred isn’t doing well and know his is so hard for both you and Greg. Does he seem worse to you than he did a week ago Saturday? Since Debbie is back in town can she examine Fred and give you her opinion? I hope Fred begins to improve quickly. I’m sorry this summer has been so hard. I’m glad you have been able to get out and cycle.

@Slick1 , Your post made me feel so sad for you honey. I’m sorry you are missing your mom and you are still having to deal with this issue. It’s easy to over think our decisions every step of the way. We all do the best we can with what life throws at us at the time. Please try to remember that. We all have made decisions we wish we could change. Dwelling on them doesn’t serve a purpose when it’s something that can not be changed. I’m hoping your doctor is able to fix this without requiring another surgery. Please try to focus on the wedding. It’s a special happy time for you and your family. Don’t let anything take away your joy.

@marcy, I’m sorry this is a hard time for you. Nothing in life really prepares us for the loss of losing those we love. Sometimes a little pity party is good for the soul. I haven’t been working as hard gardening this year as I have previous years. I always try to keep my potted flowers for as long as possible. This year I will probably give up on Sept 1. I’m surprised they have made it this long.

@junebug, It sounds like you had a great time this weekend with DH and DS. Have fun with your girlfriends at the beach!

@Mamabean, The pictures you posted had me LOL. My house looks the same way after a visit with my grandniece. It’s the sign of a very fun day when there are books and toys all over the place!!! I vacuum glitter for days when she leaves. I’m glad you had such a fun time with Jackson. I hope David is feeling happier. The new car is beautiful. You made an excellent choice.

@av, The kind of work you are doing in the yard is hard!!! I tend to only do the easier gardening. I much prefer deadheading flowers and trimming bushes. I have loved gardening for years but this year I haven’t found it as fun.

@Austina, Did you and Bella do anything special for your anniversary? You managed to get a lot done if you are ready for your trip? Have Adam and Kim made any decisions regarding their wedding?

@Tekate, Are you traveling back home this week? I hope you are having a good time.

Thinking of you @Scandinavian. Sending dust to your mom.

I had a physical today and we are go out to celebrate a birthday later tonight. Tomorrow is my grandniece’s first day of school. I can’t wait to see her tomorrow night and hear all about it. She has been looking forward to this for weeks.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Austina It was a jungle ,) All that is left now is a clump of banana trees & a very, very unruly lemon tree-bush. I have been lucky to have a couple of relatively cool days. The back garden - twice as big & overgrown ,( still looks unchanged; there is a dead tree to cut down & a few unmentionables too; if I get it anywhere, I'll be good for a half marathon in winter!

I love this stuff!

@Slick1 I did laugh a little at your post - shamelessly... If you do not have things together, no one does!

@Calliecake This workout with weeds is fun, still. I am rather looking forward to having the ground clear & all in order for the late autumn rains - and in two months, it will be.
-

Then,

Maybe I have news - or so I'd think, if I'd dare think!

Last edited:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina It was a jungle ,) All that is left now is a clump of banana trees & a very, very unruly lemon tree-bush. I have been lucky to have a couple of relatively cool days. The back garden - twice as big & overgrown ,( still looks unchanged; there is a dead tree to cut down & a few unmentionables too; if I get it anywhere, I'll be good for a half marathon in winter!

I love this stuff!

@Slick1 I did laugh a little at your post - shamelessly... If you do not have things together, no one does!

@Calliecake This workout with weeds is fun, still. I am rather looking forward to having the ground clear & all in order for the late autumn rains - and in two months, it will be.
-

Then,

Maybe I have news - or so I'd think, if I'd dare think!

AV: have you watched Monty Don (Netflix) --the gardener? He shows (great) gardens, but he also works in local projects. He has pruned many a wild yard! Have a look!:mrgreen2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results