carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls.

@junebug17 so glad you enjoyed quality time with your DD. I am sure you are looking forward to Thursday and hearing your DS play in his band. Your children are wonderful people and you and your DH did an amazing job raising them.:kiss2: Junie, thank you for your kind and warm support.

@Tekate thank you as always for your too generous and supportive comments, Autie is Autielicious indeed. What a sweet girl. I want to reach through the screen and hug her. And that would be the only safe way I could hug anyone right now being possibly infectious. LOVE the photos and thank you for adding the kitty photos too.

@Slick1 good luck today sweetie!!! Keeping good thoughts for you and sending bucketloads of healing dust your way. XOXO.

@canuk-gal thank you for your kind words and good wishes. And haha if I did drink alcohol I would need it right now. You are correct that our plates are very full and I appreciate your vote of confidence in us. I don't always feel as sure but my mantra one day/one hour/one minute at a time is all we can do. Baby steps. I hope you are getting more enjoyable cycling in this summer and having a lovely week.

@Austina hope you are having a calm week and catching up on your sleep. We are having a challenging summer and that is an understatement. But we are doing the best we can. Thanks for your encouragement.

@marcy glad your chain held onto your CBI diamond like it is supposed to do and glad you had a good day at work. Sweet meeting a friend for lunch and nice the kitchen stayed clean since you didn't cook for dinner. Hope your peaceful work week continues. Thank you for all your warm support.

@Calliecake I am sorry you might need surgery. Continued good wishes being sent your way. Hang in there. Keeping you in my thoughts.

@Scandinavian sending continued healing dust your mom's way. (((Hugs))). Greg and I appreciate your good thoughts for the cats.

Yesterday was tough. We dropped the cats off at 8:20 AM and the tech promised to call us when they were drying. Well at 3 PM I asked Greg to call as we expected they would be ready early afternoon. I was quite anxious that they hadn't called. They were still wet. Makes me wonder what time they dipped them. They told us to come by 7PM but at 5PM I couldn't wait anymore and we got them. They were still wet. And they were freaked out. Fred was having a bad asthma episode and the vets office did not feed any one of them all day. They had been there over 9 hours by the time we collected them and no food was offered. SMH. We got them home and Fred still refused to eat. They are all still shaken up this morning. I keep telling myself one day at a time and if I think too far ahead I feel I cannot get the cats and us through this. But we have no choice. And Oliver's eye is getting squinty again which ofc is freaking me out. Stress could bring back the corneal ulcer. Girls I really am having a tough time with this and so scared for the cats well being. We have not yet administer the Itrafungol this AM as Greg is still sleeping. I pray we can get it in them today. Fred and Tommy still are not eating really though and we are supposed to give with food to get it absorbed. I wonder if this nightmare will end with a happy conclusion or with a tragic one. Sorry for the dark thoughts. This is how I am feeling at the moment and it helps to get it out. Thank you for listening/reading.

Have a good Wednesday girls. Each day is a big blur to me. (((Hugs))).
And @Slick1 good luck today honey. Sending bucketloads of healing dust your way.

Oh and it was over 100 degrees here yesterday.

Screen Shot 2019-07-31 at 4.38.18 AM.png

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I was afraid that the vet visit has dragged on when you did not check in. How frustrating! For food, perhaps better to wait than to eat “new” food, at least for my sensitive-stomach babies. And dips are probably kept waiting if something more important occurs. But I this they should have kept you so much better informed! Wait is pure agony when the babies are at the vet! And asthma attack...? Are they not vets??? So mad on your behalf! Good luck on meds!

I’ll check back in later!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I was afraid that the vet visit has dragged on when you did not check in. How frustrating! For food, perhaps better to wait than to eat “new” food, at least for my sensitive-stomach babies. And dips are probably kept waiting if something more important occurs. But I this they should have kept you so much better informed! Wait is pure agony when the babies are at the vet! And asthma attack...? Are they not vets??? So mad on your behalf! Good luck on meds!

I’ll check back in later!

Thanks Scandi. With all you and your family are going through it is so kind of you to take the energy to read and comment about our cat ordeal. And feel angry on our behalf. I am trying not to be angry and hoping everyone is just doing the best they can. But I don't want my cats suffering needlessly. Waiting for hours in cages at the office while dogs are barking etc. When we got there yesterday AM huge dogs were barking and it was noisy. Yes for sure the lime sulfur dip takes the back burner when they are busy as our 4 cats take time to dip. But overall I am not super impressed with them. Once again I find myself wishing my sister's office was closer. But as Greg always says don't wish for what cannot be but deal with what is. LOL he is wise. Sometimes. :cheeky:

(((Hugs))) to you and your mom.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Calliecake ,(((( I wouldn't want to be cut! either, unless there be no pain, at least. Some choices you have to make ,((((((

_

're. blackberries (abovementioned),
2019-07-31 15.42.08.jpg

- wild, quite small, very black, very sweet, very good & just starting... Everything is covered in fruit this year!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Slick1 thinking of you and hoping your surgery is over and that it went super well. (((Hugs))).

@AV_ gorgeous blackberries. Yummmm.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Everything crossed that everything went well today @Slick1 and that you’re out of surgery and recovery well.

Good idea to get a second opinion @Calliecake, it certainly doesn’t hurt to find out if there are other options. Didn’t they used to zap stones with a laser to break them up so they could be passed without surgery, or am I thinking of something else :confused:? Hope your appt went well today.

Where did you go to look @Tekate ? Was it a possibility for the future?

I was looking to see if there were any ripe blackberries today on our walk @AV_, but I think it’s still a bit early here. People usually put them in an apple and blackberry pie or crumble here. If I find any, I think that’s what I’ll do.

:angryfire: I feel so angry on your behalf @missy. Vets know that pets don’t like being there, so unless they had several dire emergencies yesterday, why on earth did they keep the poor pusskats hanging around all day? I’m like you, I want them in and out as quickly as possible, Dottie has really hated the 2 times she’s been kept in, to the point they let her come home sooner than they’d have like, because she was so unhappy and distressed. It must’ve been really stressful for you and them yesterday. You really didn’t need that on top of everything else. It’s such a shame your sister is so far away, because I know you trust and respect her professionalism. I just hope after all this, that the treatment is successful and this awful time is over with. How’s Greg, is he showing signs of shingles, I hope not?

Sounds like another good day at work @marcy. What type of food does Culvers do, is it a chain restaurant?

Hi @Scandinavian, how’re you doing? (If that’s not a stupid question!)

That was so nice you and DD got to spend time together @junebug17 , sounds like fun.

I didn’t take any anti histamines today, I really don’t like taking any kind of medication, and although I still feel really tired, at least I’m not in danger of ripping my leg to shreds anymore. No idea what bit me, but whatever it was, like most biting things, I had a severe reaction to it. I’m such a bug magnet :x2

Weather is lovely and cool here, although some parts of the country have had severe flooding due to excessive rain.

Hope all the NIRDIS are doing well. :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's!

Missy, how awful for the kitties at the vets all day and not getting fed. That is very poor service. Sorry to hear Fred and Tommy aren't eating. I wish you were making this stuff up; hang in there. Keeping all of you in my thoughts.

AV, beautiful and delicious looking blackberries. That is one of my favorite jams.

Austina, Culvers is a chain restaurant. It's burgers, salads, soups, chicken, comfort food dinners and frozen custard. Not bad for a fast food type place. Glad to hear your itching isn't as bad today. Seems like recovering from bug bites can take over a week. Good luck!

Slick1, I hope you are doing well after your surgery.

Another busy day at work, I met Marty for dinner after work. We split a bottle of wine; I'll probably never be able to sleep now but it was a good idea at the time. I had a small prime rib, baked potato and we split a piece of carrot cake. Marty had 2 filets, rice pilaf and veggies. Right now he is cleaning the little desk that is in his gym. He put down his deposit today and got the utilities put in his name. Progress for him.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @Slick1 what a relief your surgery is over and hope you are feeling well and strong and that everything went as smoothly as possible. I cannot get onto IG yet but I hope there is an update there. Hugs.

@Scandinavian thinking of you and sending more healing vibes and hugs your and your mom's way. XO.

Missy, how awful for the kitties at the vets all day and not getting fed. That is very poor service. Sorry to hear Fred and Tommy aren't eating. I wish you were making this stuff up; hang in there. Keeping all of you in my thoughts.

Yeah me too. Wish this was just a nightmarish dream we could all wake from. I cannot believe this is happening. But it is. Fred is on his last legs. We might have to make some very difficult decisions soon. We gave him SubQ fluids yesterday but he only ate 2 small bites of food all day and that was in the late evening. He also had liquid diarrhea yesterday afternoon. This AM he refused to eat anything despite me heating up sardines and coaxing him and holding his dish like he loves me to. Nada. We still gave him this AM his day 7 dose of Itrafungol as it is one week on and one week off and today was the last day of the first week of Itrafungol and I didn't want him to miss it. But on an empty stomach it might not be absorbed. So it was probably a waste but we had to try.

All the cats are out of sorts and unhappy with the exception of Oliver. I feel like I don't even want to go on but I know I have no choice. My sister told me before she left for her vacation (where there is no internet or cell reception) that no one dies from ringworm. Well maybe not ringworm directly but it sure looks like this might it for Fred. I cannot believe I have so many tears left in me. How is that possible. We got him through that last serious URI just a month or so ago and here we are again. Another URI (probably from the lime dip drying and being wet for hours while air drying) and now he won't eat or drink and he is lifeless.:cry2::cry2::cry2:

:angryfire: I feel so angry on your behalf @missy. Vets know that pets don’t like being there, so unless they had several dire emergencies yesterday, why on earth did they keep the poor pusskats hanging around all day? I’m like you, I want them in and out as quickly as possible, Dottie has really hated the 2 times she’s been kept in, to the point they let her come home sooner than they’d have like, because she was so unhappy and distressed. It must’ve been really stressful for you and them yesterday. You really didn’t need that on top of everything else. It’s such a shame your sister is so far away, because I know you trust and respect her professionalism. I just hope after all this, that the treatment is successful and this awful time is over with. How’s Greg, is he showing signs of shingles, I hope not?

Greg feels better thanks for asking Austina. The cats are all getting worse. :(

Hope everyone has a good day.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fred vomited and had diarrhea again this AM. Spoke with Debbie. She said stop ringworm treatment for now. Treat what is going on at the moment. Supportive therapy and Sub Q fluids and try getting him to eat. That's it for now.

And I didn't mention it but there's yet another thing. My toe (the one the podiatrist did the procedure a few days before Frankie died) is acting up again. Swollen and red and hurts. And podiatrist is off til Monday. He might be in today IDK but I really don't have anything to show him. It just is swollen and red for the past few days but I have been ignoring it as we have a full plate right npw. But last time I saw him he said it was lucky I got in right then as it wouldn't have been able to wait the weekend. What is going on in my universe here? OMG. I really want to just ignore it as I don't see a nail issue but something is going on with that toe and nail. And if there is an issue he cannot cut it because with ringworm they love an opening in and they will take over and ringworm of the nail is very tough to treat. So you can see the dilemma. If I go to the podiatrist and he says part of the nail must be removed my hands are tied. I must avoid all cuts and openings in my skin to prevent the ringworm infection from taking hold where it will not let go. Much worse than just ringworm spots on my skin would be getting into my toenail. ::) Do I text my podiatrist or wait til next week? There are no clear answers. Thanks for listening.

Please continue sending healing dust and good thoughts for Fred girls. Thank you and (((hugs))).

Reactions: AV_

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Yes ask him about your toe. It never hurts to ask / get information. Makes for better informed choices, even if the are no good choices. :geek2:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, thank you so much for your kind words :kiss2: I am really sorry Fred isn't doing well and not eating, I understand how worrying and stressful it is to see him and the kitties going through such a rough time. Yesterday was really hard on everyone. I am really hoping he improves in the next day or so. :pray: Sending love and healing vibes to everyone. (((Hugs)))
And I'm sorry about your toe too, you definitely don't need another thing to worry about right now. I think I'd text the podiatrist, as Scandi said it can't hurt to ask.

AV_, that is a lovely picture, those berries look delicious.

@Calliecake, I hope you got some helpful information at your doctor's visit yesterday. Xoxoxo

@marcy, nice that you and Marty had an enjoyable dinner, going out to eat really helps to break up the week.

@Austina, so nice you're enjoying some cooler weather. I hate that groggy, tired feeling and I hope you're feeling better in the next day to two.

@Slick1, thinking of you and I hope your surgery went smoothly and you recover quickly. (((Hugs)))

DD and I had a nice day yesterday, did a little more shopping and took a class together. Had take-out for dinner and then we made bulletin boards for her classroom. She's heading back later on today.

Take care all <3

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy It cannot hurt to message the podiatrist, the worst they can do is ignore the message. Unless they answer, perhaps it makes sense to apply whatever topical treatment you have for ringworm on said toe - just in case (tuppence).

I have a great deal of respect for toes from all the hill walking!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. It is hot here in Austin.. right now it's 95F and the heat index is over 100F.

@Slick1 when's the wedding? sending you healing vibes and dust. You have been thru the ringer, here's a ((slick1)) and hopefully this is the end.

@Austina Hi and yes we are enjoying the baby, she can howl but she also talks jabber to her stuffed animal lovey, it's totally adorable. Thanks.

@Scandinavian How are you and your mom? have you sent you ring to me yet? if not the necklace will do till you can! thanks! j/k!! hope all are well in your part of the world.

@Mamabean Volvo's are gorgeous, I had a DL years and years ago, it was a standard and I loved that car.. it was very reliable.

@canuk-gal Hola Sharon! thank you thank you.. she melts my heart! Hoping all is good to the north.. :)

@marcy I love you CBI it's beautiful, do you like Culver's? I think there is one here in Austin, it's damn hot here. How's Marty's back, I sincerely hope better.. I am glad to read you had a nice day and work and luncheon with a friend, sounds normal, you deserve it! :)

@junebug17 Hi June!!! what kind of band is your son in? My older son was a very good drummer. Glad he's making hay in good weather :) Hey Junie thank you for your very kind words, I do love that Looney Luna, she's so timid, so quiet so sweet and I love my Autie! she's loud, cries and is sweet, lucky me! I love when I can have alone time with either of my sons, it's rare and I miss those times when we would be riding to a practice and my son (either) would just talk about things, I miss that.. I was shopping with Cara, Mike and John and Autie who was sleeping at Buy Buy Baby and Cara and I were in the girl department and John and Mike and Autie where in the toy dept.! sounds normal to me :) glad things are going well June. :)

@Calliecake Hi Callie girl! thank you for your sweet words about Autie, she is a joy. We found a lot we like, Sunday we are going to walk the lot with the builder, we shall how and if we move forward. Thank you for asking Callie. :) If I may, what type of operation was the doc recommending? laser or going in? My cousin's wife (about 44) had many stones taken out and she said it was a bit painful recovering but not too much, if you have a bunch I'm sure surgery is best (actually not really sure, but guess :) ) a good friend of mine had one lasered I think. I hope you are feeling well Callie and I send you love.

@missy Aw Missy I hope you don't have a bad case of ringworm, I had it once and it took a bit to clear it up, but all you are going thru with the kids, I send you love, and a hug.. and both to Greg, is he feeling okay? NO ONE deserves shingles twice. I hope he didn't develop it. Missy we are all here to give each other happiness, commiserate and support to each other, that is why I love this group, and you and anyone here is allowed to share their life and if I were going through this trauma I would be doing the same, we all have huge hearts. I am so so sorry you and Greg are in this Kafkaesque existence, I also send my heart to yours and Greg's. When we commit as humans to take care of our fur kids, we commit, that commitment is called LOVE Missy, and you love. I hope things get better sweetie.. sending you my heart again. :pray: I am so sorry your toe is acting up again, and I know you know but if it's swollen in warm, get thee to a doctor/podiatrist asap.. Gosh Missy, I am here for you, we are leaving next Saturday I think, I hope things are better then.. I wish I could do something for you, I send you love. xoxox

@AV_ yum! the berries look gorgeous.. hope all is well.

We found a lot we like in Liberty Hill, north of Leander, about 12 miles north of Cedar Park, found a builder we like, we can buy the lot, but we need to sell the Austin house to build a new house and pool. We shall see what goes down, after doing this a few times I don't get my hopes up too high. Moving over from the rental to Kathleen's tomorrow. Haven't even come to see her yet, I'm sure she is pissed but it's too hot here and I wanted to spend the first week with Mike Cara and Autie.

@missy I hope you are getting some sleep, or better yet, please try to best you can.

sending love to you guys!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@missy If there were something I could do for YOU ALL, I would. What can I do. My heart is breaking for your issues and suffering.

kind regards--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@Austina you mentioned cool and lovely in the same sentence so I know that is an oxymoron. LOL Rode today in 27C . Heavenly! :)

@marcy work is work and is busy. Just like our weather, can be a tempest.

@Calliecake hope your 2nd opinion works out--you are taking care of your health!

@Scandinavian hope your Mom is managing well. :)

My husband just told me he is hungry. Apparently that is my problem! (where is the food fairy???????)

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Missy, sorry to hear Fred isn’t doing very well. Keeping all of you in my thoughts and hoping this is behind you soon. I hate to hear your toe is bothering you again; probably not a bad idea to get in to the doctor soon for that. Hang in there sweet lady. I feel so helpless not being there to help.

Scandi, how is your mom doing? How are you holding up?

Junebug, going out to dinner does break up the week. It was nice. It sounds like you had a lovely day with your DD. I miss the prep for school; I had little packs for my students the first night of school. It was fun.

AV, toes are important.

Kate, thank you - I like my pendant too. We do like Culvers. Their soup is good, I like their pot roast sandwich, totally enjoy their frozen custard and their burgers aren’t bad. Marty’s bad is pretty bad; he has an appointment on Tuesday. Hate to hear it’s hot there but it sounds like you are having a great time with everyone. Nice. How exciting to be looking at a lot.

Sharon, I totally chuckled about where is the food fairy? I get texts at work that Marty is hungry - like what am I supposed to do about it? I guess it’s good we are busy at work.

I did have a busy day at work but took it easy this afternoon. I was done for the day. I put a few things in the oven for supper then went downstairs and lifted. I added a pound on each side for deadlifts and presses. Ooh. Marty was lifting too; how fun.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls. Happy Friday.

@junebug17 thank you for all your kind words and comforting support. I feel like a broken record but I know you girls understand and I feel safe sharing and appreciate your generosity in letting me share and listening. I am glad you had a wonderful day with DD and hope you have a lovely weekend planned. Was last night DS's band playing?

@canuk-gal thank you so much. You brought (happy) tears to my eyes. I appreciate your kindness. It's amazing how far kindness goes. I feel like a baby crying here and venting all the time but I appreciate that you girls are here for me and allow me to share. I feel at times I am going crazy and it all seems unsurmountable in my darkest thoughts. But no, we will persevere and we won't give up as daunting as this all is.

LOL I hope your hungry husband got to enjoy a yummy meal. Does he cook at all or do you prepare his food most of the time? He is lucky to have you Sharon.

@AV_ I did text him and am seeing him Monday. Thank you. How is it going by you? Any updates re job hunt? Any weekend plans? Any blackberry desserts planned to enjoy? Mmmm love blackberries.:lickout:

@Tekate thank you so much. I appreciate all your warm thoughts and love and sending love and hugs back at ya and your sweet beautiful family. And darling Autie. What a love.:kiss2:
The lot you found in Cedar Hill sounds lovely. Darn you have to sell the Austin house if you get that but you will figure out the best thing to do I have no doubt about that.

LOL about the Kafkaesque existence. Life has been filled with despair and absurdity these past two months so yes I have to agree. Thanks for making me chuckle. The human condition (cats included) can sure be miserable at times. Glad you are not experiencing that and are enjoying your family and lots of happy experiences. Hopefully we will get back to that soon. Enjoy seeing and staying with Kathleen and hope she is happy you are there and not pissed at all that it took you time to visit with her.

@marcy thanks. So weird especially because the podiatrist removed much of the nail less than 6 weeks ago. Usually I get a few months to 5 months relief but this time no. Sweet you had a good afternoon yesterday after a busy work week and got to lift weights with Marty. And that you added a pound. Impressive. The couple that lifts together stays together.:kiss2: Hope you have a good TGIF.

@Scandinavian how are you doing honey? How's your mom? Is she enjoying all you set up for her? You are a wonderful daughter and never doubt that. I hope she is knitting something lovely and that she is taking each day one day at a time and keeping in good spirits. Continued healing vibes being sent her way. And hugs to you.

@Slick1 hope you were able to nap yesterday and thanks for your encouragement. I hope you are feeling strong and well and that everything is going smoothly despite that other mix up. Sending you healing vibes and hugs.

So yesterday morning we cleaned the whole house (generally we do it in the afternoon) and then we went for a bike ride. It worked out well because we went late enough to enjoy Days Ice Cream.

Screen Shot 2019-08-02 at 6.06.07 AM.png

The weather was perfect. Low humidity and East wind. I felt a little but guilty for cycling but I know without some happy diversion both Greg and I would go mad and not get through this ordeal. When we got home early afternoon I planned on calling the podiatrist but Fred took precedence as I was trying to get him to eat and then the vet called to say Oliver has roundworm too. We had his stool tested before and all it showed was Coccidia so I asked how come it didn't show roundworm in that first sample and she said she guesses the roundworm just wasn't in that first sample.

Anyway I was able to get in touch with my sister (who inconveniently took vacation in the mountains during this time lol) and she said what that vet uses to treat sucks. So I overnighted another treatment but it won't get here til Saturday as it was already late Thursday when I found this out. Another Zoonotic disease. Oy. Poor Oliver. I hope the adult cats don't have that as well because again for older cats it can hurt their health. I also spoke to that vet about Fred and her reply was if he cannot tolerate the treatments he must be separated from the others as he will keep reinfecting them. Poor sweet Fred. I don't know what we are going to do. He is still not eating. I did manage to get him to eat 2 small bites yesterday but that was it and absolutely nothing this AM.

I called a euthanasia at home service last night but Greg got quite upset with me. Bear with me and understand my thought process. It's not that we are ready yet but I wanted to see our options and timing. When Francesca was near the end we couldn't get the home euthanasia ervice quickly enough and it was horrible driving her the 30 minutes to the hospital and then they couldn't get a vein as she was super dehydrated. We had to call my sister and she had to direct the vet on call how to euthanize more humanely. But that was after a long time of them trying to get a vein on Francesca.

That was one of the most traumatic experiences and I just want to give Fred peace but we are not there yet. However when we are there we won't be able to get the home euthanasia service that day. It's like a week wait so how can one possibly plan for it? I don't want Fred to suffer especially once we know we cannot do anything to help him. Sorry to go on about Fred but right now he is the most upsetting part of this nightmare. My sweet Fred. He deserves so much better. I brought Oliver in and ruined our furbabies lives.
:cry2::cry2::cry2: It is not Oliver's fault but mine. I should have realized. We never had anything happen like this before in all 30 years of having furbaby cats never did I imagine in my wildest nightmares.

I texted the podiatrist yesterday evening as it was a very long afternoon and didn't have time until later. I showed him a photo and said I have an appt Monday and did he think I could wait and he said yes but just soak the heck out of it. LOL I have been doing just that. He doesn't know yet about our ringworm situation and how I really do not want to be cut right now but we will see what needs to be done.

Today was the first day of the second treatment cycle which is no Itrafungol for 7 days then back on. So for now just topical meds and lime bath scheduled Tuesday. The vet said if we do not give Fred the lime bath he will not get better especially if he cannot tolerate the Itrafungol. We are between a rock and a hard place right now. It is breaking my heart (what is left of it) to see Fred wasting away. Greg just gave him fluids. Greg just said he was purring when Greg was giving him fluids. My sweet baby.

Screen Shot 2019-08-02 at 6.14.48 AM.png

Thank you for letting me go on and share about how we are doing and how I am feeling about all of this. And thank you for keeping good thoughts for our cats and all your warmth and caring support. From the furbabies and me sending you furry hugs and purry meows.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Morning Missy!
Sounds like a really hard day for all six of you yesterday. I’m really sorry honey, but I’m voting with Greg on this one. You need to stay positive! Fred has not stopped eating per se. The next dip is not for several days so you have time to get him better before then. And you are giving him fluids. Which, at least for dogs, is way more important than food! And there is 7 days of “rest” now. Topicals should be much more manageable than stuffing things down his throat, yes?

(And for your ease of mind - they can give them a little injection to be super sleepy before searching for veins.)

Oh just hanging in there honey! You will get through this!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Scandi. It is disheartening to see Fred not moving or eating. Two bites of food in 48 hours and now he is once again refusing all food and walking away now when I attempt to feed him. I do not want him to starve to death. That is an awful way to go. The local vet's office I hate them. The vet said to me we have to bring Fred in for blood. I said to her he is super stressed and bringing him in for even blood is too much for him at the moment. It upsets me that she has no empathy for what he is going through. I think it is more about protecting them than protecting Fred. Just my gut feeling. What good is blood work if he gets worse each time we drag him to the doctor? No we have to give him time and do all we can to make him feel safe and happy and hopefully get him to eat. It is the off week of orals anyway so hoping and praying he will resume eating again.:pray::pray::pray:

Thank you dear Scandi. Keeping good thoughts for your sweet mom and you and (((hugs))).

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy I’ve been following the posts but only had time to follow a purchase fiasco on another thread. I keep checking to see how your kitties and you..including Greg...are doing. My heart breaks for you all and I do pray that things start getting better. They certainly can’t get any worse. Many hugs and dust over your family...xxxxoooo
@Slick1 I know you had your surgery and hope you are feeling better now..:kiss2:
Two of my three sons are giving me trouble..David less so because he’s Autistic and didn’t choose to give me a hard time. My oldest is giving me the most grief right now but I can’t talk about it here. It’s just a major problem and I’m trying to hang on.
I’ll talk to you all when things calm down..xxxooo

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I’ve been following the posts but only had time to follow a purchase fiasco on another thread. I keep checking to see how your kitties and you..including Greg...are doing. My heart breaks for you all and I do pray that things start getting better. They certainly can’t get any worse. Many hugs and dust over your family...xxxxoooo

Thank you dear Joanne. It is sadly getting worse. Fred is looking much more frail. I just tried giving him food but now he looks nauseous too and I am not going to shove anti nausea pills down his throat on top of everything. I was going to give him a topical appetite stimulant to see if that would help but now that he is nauseous I am not going to do that either. He is dying before my eyes and I don't want him to be in suffering let alone prolonged suffering. I don't know what to do. I'm sorry I just can't stop crying. Don't worry I went to the study so Fred and the others cannot hear or see my sobbing.

Thank you for your hugs and sending lots of hugs back to you.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I'm with Joanne, hold on, things will improve. You were so traumatized by Frankie's sudden turn, but I also do believe in being prepared. There is a reason why Oliver was brought into your radar and family, it is your karma, your destiny, the way it should go. You just remember all the good you are doing. Maybe Fred is just traumatized too Missy, as Scandi said, he's eating a bit. My heart to yours. always.

@Mamabean so sorry things are hectic and a pain to you right now Joanne, one thing I have noticed about you is that things are going the best way in your life you become stronger. Sending you good and happy thoughts.

@Scandinavian Hope all is well with you and family.

@marcy sounds like work is somewhat mellow and life is good.

Moving to Kath's in a bit, they are leaving on Tuesday and back on Friday afternoon, so we have their 'warm' pool as she says and their gorgeous home to ourselves till they get back. Lucky she is in my life.

Sending positive vibes to us all. We are a team. Team NIRDI.

xo

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, I'm so sorry about Fred and I'm really hoping he's just upset by all he's been through and starts eating for you soon. Zoe seemed to like this prescription food (bought it at the office), and I dribbled some of the bisque stuff on top. It got her to eat. You can buy a single pouch at the grocery store to try it. Just throwing any ideas out there.
https://www.chewy.com/hartz-delecta...MI2NGqgq_k4wIVkJOzCh1xngo7EAQYAiABEgLiAPD_BwE
680CAC33-DD8E-47C4-BE7A-A1916BDBB0FB.jpeg

Sending you tons of support and comfort, I know it's very rough going right now and I'm keeping you all in my thoughts. (((Hugs)))

@Mamabean, so sorry you're having problems with your sons, sending you love. Poor David, I hope he can get to a better place soon. And hugs to you about your other son too, it's upsetting when things aren't going well with our kids and I just hope it can all be worked out. You're a great mom and I know this has got to be very stressful for you. Xoxoxo

@Tekate, sounds like you're having a good time and really enjoying your sweet Autie. Enjoy your time at your friend's house, sounds really nice. My ds is in 4 bands but two are pretty casual they don't do a lot of shows. He's in a reggae band and they play only in the summer so that band is keeping him busy right now.

@Scandinavian, keeping your mom, and you! in my thoughts and hoping she's handling the treatments ok. Hugs to you sweetie.

@Slick1, hope your recovery is going well so far and you're feeling improving with each day.

@marcy, congrats on being able to up your weight. It's great you and Marty were doing it together, nice to have the company.

@Calliecake, thinking of you <3

Not much going on, just waiting for a tree trimming service to show up. Sending love and peace to all.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy I wish you could be cold hearted every now & then!

It could be that the frightened & exhausted Fred might take isolation for shelter - in the way I see other cats retreating in the most obscure nooks they can possibly find for much less reason. I doubt any will ever think as highly of me to appreciate company even in such times.

I have no real news - not expecting any until mid August; until then, I can promise that none of the blackberries will ever make it into the house, let alone into a desert - until way more of them will get ripen at once at the height of their season when I will remember the jam & crumble @Austina mentioned!); till then, they are best eaten off the bush & I am paying them my respects very often ,)

Last edited:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Sorry I didn’t check in yesterday, but I was having trouble with my eyes again, nothing series, just very itchy and watery. All good now.

@missy, I’m so sorry, I really hate hearing how difficult and upsetting this is for you all. If it’s any consolation, post surgery, Dottie didn’t eat for a week, and I really thought she was going to die. Like you, I was distraught at the thought of her starving to death and wasting away before my eyes. After a week, she started eating again, and I’m pretty sure her medication was making her so nauseous she just couldn’t face the thought of eating. I’m hoping Fred will start to feel better now he’s off he meds and his appetite will return. FWIW I think it’s good to be prepared, because the last thing any of us ever want, is to see our poor furries suffering. It’s a fine line between knowing when the time is right and hanging on because we’re not ready to let them go. You’re not there yet, and I’m willing Fred to get through this latest hurdle, as well, of course, as the rest of you.

I’m glad you’ve managed to get an appt about your toe on Monday, best to get it checked out just for peace of mind. You don’t really this on top of everything else that’s going on. Life is just very unfair, and I hope you’ll cling to the thought that we are never given more than we can bear. I know that’s not how you’re feeling right now, but I do believe it, and in all this chaos that is your life right now, please don’t forget to take care of yourself, and make sure you eat to keep your strength up. Sorry if that sounds preachy, but it’s easy to neglect yourself when you’re dealing with everything else. Thank goodness you have your rock by your side, helping and supporting you through this ordeal. xxxxx.

I’m sorry you’re dealing with family problems @Mamabean, and hope you’ll be able to resolve the issues and get life back on track for you all.

Hoping you’re feeling well after your surgery @Slick1 and on the way to a complete recovery. Take care.

Hope the tree trimmers turned up @junebug17 , nothing worse than hanging around for people who don’t show or let you know.

The lot and builders sound promising @Tekate, I really hope it all works out the way you want. How lovely to be able to use your friends place and enjoy the pool in that heat. We’re still enjoying the cooler weather here thank goodness. Have fun and enjoying your Autie time.

I admire your dedication @marcy, it does help to have a gym buddy to give you motivation. Yay on another good day at work, long may it continue.

Cool after that hellish heat is good for us @canuk-gal, I’ll take that after practically boiling to death :lol: It’s been in the low 20’s here, so just heavenly.

Hi @Scandinavian hope you’re all hanging in there, and those positive vibes are winging their way to you and yours.

Do yo have any plans for the weekend @AV_? I hope things are less unsettled for you.

Got.a busy weekend, after feeling so zonked all week, I’ve got to get the house all cleaned tomorrow, as we have friends coming on Sunday. We met this couple on our NY/NY cruise last July. They arrive in Southampton on Sunday morning, and will come here for lunch, before heading off to the airport for a flight to Vancouver to pick up another cruise!

BA are striking, added to which the baggage handlers will be striking too. A big mess which will affect us, but hopefully we’ll get to Monte Carlo to pick up our cruise, and somehow get back from Rome. Trying not to worry about something I can’t change, but oy!

Sending love to all the NIRDIS, I wish I could wave a magic wand and make all the problems go away. :wavey:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Austina We were writing in the same time; I can't say that much has changed: I have a couple of weeks of not knowing where I'm going ahead - a good excuse to have fun.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, I’m sorry you are so stressed. I wrote a couple paragraphs and then read what @Tekate wrote. Please listen to what Kate said. Fred may just be over stressed. He is older and went thru an ordeal with the bath. The vet can tell a lot with bloodwork. Please bring him to the vet for bloodwork and a vet check. Please call from the car and tell them you are in the car, have them check you in and call you when when they are ready to draw blood and examine him. This way you can bring Fred directly to the examining room and the vet is already in the room. It could minimize some of Fred’s stress, though I know all vet visits stress animal out. Please keep taking it one day at a time. This whole situation just sucks and having the extra worry about Fred is making you feel worse. It would make anyone feel more stressed and scared, especially coming on the heels of losing Frankie.

Thinking of you and hoping your surgery went well @Slick1 . Sending lots of healing dust your way.

@junebug17, It sounds like you had a great time with your DD. It’s always fun to spend time with the kids. I miss the years my mom and I would have fun going shopping together. You are making great memories for you and your DD. Thank you for thinking of me June.

@Scandinavian , Thinking of you and hope you are doing okay. Sending healing dust to your mom and furbaby.

@Tekate , Its sounds like this been an exciting trip. It would be great if you found a lot you love and were able to have a house built the way you want it. Do you think you will have a hard time selling the other house? I’m sure your friend will understand that you are busy with Autie. You two have been friends for many years. She knows you.

@Mamabean , I’m sorry you are having family stress. It’s never fun when there is strife in a family and unfortunately all families go thru things at some point. In my family, problems equal drama. I’m hoping this isn’t the case for you Joanne. You have a lot on your plate day to day. I’m sorry what is going on is upsetting you. Honestly I handle the really big (illness) things much better than when people are just not getting along. I hate conflict.

@marcy, it sounds like you are having a much needed good week at work. Go out and buy a lottery ticket. The stars are aligned in your favor LOL!

@Austina, Have a great time with your friends on Sunday. I’m glad you are feeling better.

I hope you are doing well @av.

Very boring update on what’s been going on with me. I have to make a decision if I want to go the surgery route or blasting route with the stone. One doctor thought surgery would be the best route the other said it was up to me. She said blasting is an option and has an 80 percent success rate but due to the size, I will still have to go thru passing it. The first doctor was thinking they go in and get it and then the whole ordeal is over with. Thank you for thinking of me girls. I do realize in the whole scheme of things this isn’t a big deal and am really thankful it’s not something more serious.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI @Calliecake, have you decided what you’ll do, bit of a rock and a hard place? Could you try blasting and if that wasn’t successful, go for the surgery? I hope you can find a solution that’s right for you. Take care.XXX

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results