shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@marcy Always hoping to see one of those terrific Montana orange sapphires around here ::) May all your sapphire wishes come true!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, do you think perhaps your house insurance could pay for someone to come in every day and clean your house...? I mean, Greg is good with words, right...

Hahaha not a chance but love your suggestion. It's OK. Greg just finished the living room and dining room. Took him about an hour and a half for those spaces as it is pretty large. I did the master bedroom (where Oliver is), den (where Fred is), the kitchen and the bathrooms upstairs. It's hard because it is vacuuming everything first. Baseboards, every nook and cranny etc and then disinfecting. So it is a multistep process to say the least. And all the surfaces. Oy. We aren't doing the most perfect job but doing the best we can.

Thanks for brainstorming for me Scandi. :kiss2:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
LOL I think I love you ! Your work descriptions are the best! But perhaps office instead, then? My next job will not pay either. I have decided to start writing a little something something come fall/winter.

I draw the line at politics, research is Hell enough! It would be Heaven if I didn't need to get paid for - some - of it. Fingers crossed!

Writing is funny... I only like writing letters, and they are nine tenths of everything anyway. I'll want to hear what you make of it once you start!

Last edited:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AV, I had an orange sapphire set with the ring in a halo but I traded it for some other sapphire. I haven't seen that great of color or cut in an orange sapphire since. There was a very nice one yesterday but I didn't tempt myself. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Missy, wouldn't it be nice if you could do something like a power wash / spray instead of scrubbing? I am sure you and Greg have explored all options though. Mega hugs coming your way.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, I'd have a really hard time doing everything by the book too - you and Greg are certainly working really hard to get this under control. I wish I had good advice about giving the cats the liquid medicine...all I can give is my complete understanding, I had to give Zoe liquid antibiotics and omg, it was rough going. So sorry Tommy had such a bad reaction and I'm glad he's ok. Just thinking out loud, I wonder if there's a pill form? Might be a bit easier to get a pill into them but I don't know anything about these meds. How is Greg feeling? I'm hoping the new derm can help you. I'm sorry you're so distraught right now but try to hang in there and just focus on taking it one day at a time - you'll make it through this.
(((Hugs)))

And what a beautiful pic of the beach...and Oliver is such a love :love:

@Scandinavian, I really feel for your mother, you, and your family and my heart goes out to you...so very stressful and upsetting for everyone and I will be keeping you all in my thoughts.

I totally agree about Oceans 8...not good LOL. Dh seems happy with his new clubs, he even had one of his best scores using them. To be fair, and I hate being fair, it was his turn for a present! But...maybe that means now it's my turn :halo:

@marcy, that's a shame that Marty's back is still giving him trouble. Your new sapphire earrings are SO beautiful! They look perfect on you. Your entire sapphire collection is just gorgeous. An A&W root beer float sounds so delicious to me right now. So nice that you got together with your family, sounds like it was a fun time. Amazing photos and beautiful scenery :love:

@AV_, continuing to hope things work out in the best possible way for you.

@Calliecake, hope you had a great weekend!

@Mamabean, I'm so glad you've been having a good time with your girlfriends and are feeling refreshed. My husband and son can totally sympathize with David, neither of them want to go to work tomorrow either lol.

@Keeliamira, my gosh, what a scary and upsetting experience and I'm so glad the woman is ok, what a miracle.

@Austina, you look absolutely lovely and of course Dottie is as sweet as ever, love her :love: Congratulations to you both!

Today was ds's birthday so we took him out to his favorite local restaurant and then had cake at the house. He had a show today in Cape May but got back early enough to do something with us, and I'm glad we were able to see him on his birthday. Actually, I'll be seeing him tomorrow too because his band is practicing here. He turned 27, and I can't believe it!

Sending love and comfort to all! Xoxox

Attachments

• 110EA197-D8A4-4D5F-A688-5FEB6783564D.jpeg
    110EA197-D8A4-4D5F-A688-5FEB6783564D.jpeg
    161.4 KB · Views: 25

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls.

@junebug17 Happy birthday to your DS! How great you got to share the day with him and that he got to have a show in Cape May too. I love Cape May. Happy 27th! And nice you are seeing him today too. Enjoy. You are too young to have a 27 year old. You had him when you were a baby.:kiss2:

I am so tired of coming onto PS to cry and vent. I won't ask why this is but just will ask for strength and humor to be able to effectively deal with the ringworm outbreak. Bobby is losing hair in chunks and the vet practice still doesn't have the lime sulfur dip in stock despite us paying for full exams for all 4 cats with the promise they would do lime sulfur dips on them. They ordered only enough for Oliver and only for one application. WTH. I feel a fight coming on with them as they do not want to deal with the adult kitties and giving them the lime sulfur dip. Greg and I cannot do that nor can we bathe them. The liquid oral meds are proving more challenging with each day as the cats are developing mechanisms to avoid us catching them. We are releasing everyone today to the whole house. Fred is refusing to eat as he is depressed with being isolated and that defeats everything. So praying we all don't get a worse case of ringworm. I know this is a horrible idea but we are choosing the least horrible option as we see it. If their emotional well being plummets they won't get through this. However we are all so much more at risk now with them being out and running around. This house (and the Brooklyn home too) is not conducive to isolating cats. It's all one big space minus a small room on the first floor and upstairs the guest bedrooms are carpeted (big no no) and also too small. So this is it. Wish us luck. And thanks. Sorry it's been non stop me me me me me me me. I am sick of it always being something and something serious. I so appreciate that you girls haven't deserted me and are still supporting us. I cannot express what it means to me. Thank you Junie. (((Hugs))).

Hi @marcy thanks for the mega dust. And I am sending mega love to your gorgeous new bling. Sapphirelicious. Enjoy. And have a good Monday. Hope the work crazies are kept to a minimum. Hugs.

@Slick1 hey there. Love your earring options. Gorgeous with the dress. I don't think the one ivory and one gray pearl is too edgy for you. I also love that option. Any of the choices would look great with your beautiful dress and hair. Hugs.

@Scandinavian how are you holding up honey? Thinking of you and your mom and your entire family and sending continued healing hugs your way. XO.

@AV_ good morning. Hoping some amazing opportunities come your way very soon. Sending you lots of job dust and hugs.

I think I shared my day with you yesterday. We had a good ride at least.
I won't go into detail about how challenging the med routine for all 4 cats was this AM. I woke at midnight and that was it for me. So I got about an hour sleep. Today we have the derm appt in the afternoon. So grueling cleaning scheduled this AM. A very short bike ride and then cleaning and then off to doctor. Have a good Monday girls. XO.

Oliver this AM

oliverandringworm.jpg

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, I’m glad you are getting out of the house for a few hours of the day. You both need a break if only for a short while. Other than cleaning, disinfecting and trying to keep them somewhat separated, I’m at a complete loss of what more you can do. I’m sorry for texting you ideas this weekend as nothing I’ve suggested is even remotely helpful. If they are together does this mean they can continue to keep re-spreading the infection? Stupid question, but would it not make the most sense to have all the cats dipped at the same time??? Good luck at the vet visit today. It will be interesting to see if they can come up with any way to get them healthy quicker. When do you see the dermatologist? Is Greg still showing signs of shingles? I’m sorry for asking so many questions.

@Scandinavian , This is truly one of those times in life where you have to take it one day at a time. Support each other. This is hard on everyone emotionally. I think of you often and am send lots of dust your family’s way. I have two people in my life who were diagnosed with late stage aggressive cancers who are still living their lives 10 years later. Stay positive. Hugs

@junebug17 , It sounds like you had a very happy husband this week. New clubs and an improved golf score is the equivalent to winning the lottery for our husbands! Time goes by so quickly. Hard to believe your son is already 27. My SIL and I had a ball with her grandchild this weekend. I see so much of my niece in her little one. Babies are the greatest.

@Slick1 , Sending lots of dust for your surgery this week. You look gorgeous in the dress you are wearing to your sons wedding. I would stick to both earrings being the same shade. Timeless seems like it may be the better way to go for this occasion. You will look beautiful no matter what you decide.

@Austina you look beautiful in the photo!!! It looks like you and Dottie had a great time.

@Mamabear, I’m glad you enjoyed your trip to Chicago Joanne. You had wonderful weather for your visit. There is nothing like getting away for a few days and having fun. I can’t wait to hear all about the trip and the wedding.

@Tekate I hope you are enjoying your time with Autie and getting lots of baby smiles and coos!

@marcy, Your collection is beautiful!!! Seeing your collection kind of makes up for all you have to put up with from Neg Nellie. I’m sorry Marty’s back is acting up again. Does it seem to be as bad as last time. I had no idea A&W’s were even still around. They had the best root beer floats when I was a kid. I think the ones in our area closed 30 years ago,

@av, I hope you had a good weekend. Any news on where you will be moving to?

We had a busy weekend and got to spend time with my grandniece and spent time with my parents. The baby kept my SIL and I entertained. I have a doctors appointment today for the kidney stones so I’m hoping he has good hews from my test results.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@junebug17 I'm sorry I forgot to answer your question. Lack of sleep. The best form I believe is the liquid but I will ask again at the vets office tomorrow. It must not be compounded or it is not effective. Very complicated and this is all I know. Liquid is best and other forms not effective. Is this factual for sure IDK and will ask again tomorrow. Thank you.

@missy Good Luck at the doctor’s!

Thank you Scandi!

@missy, I’m glad you are getting out of the house for a few hours of the day. You both need a break if only for a short while. Other than cleaning, disinfecting and trying to keep them somewhat separated, I’m at a complete loss of what more you can do. I’m sorry for texting you ideas this weekend as nothing I’ve suggested is even remotely helpful. If they are together does this mean they can continue to keep re-spreading the infection? Stupid question, but would it not make the most sense to have all the cats dipped at the same time??? Good luck at the vet visit today. It will be interesting to see if they can come up with any way to get them healthy quicker. When do you see the dermatologist? Is Greg still showing signs of shingles? I’m sorry for asking so many questions.

Thanks Callie. No worries re texting me you know that. Any time. I did not check any texts since the other day. It has been a difficult and busy schedule. Tomorrow we won't be able to ride at all but the rest of the week is so hot I don't even care. I have no energy left after cleaning and not sleeping. If you are ever up in the middle of the night I will be able to chat then haha. What can I say. Our new normal.

Seeing the new derm later. We are dipping all 4 cats tomorrow. Reinfection question yes that is why we are cleaning all 3500 sq feet every day. I do not enjoy this. LOL. But Greg and I realize for our cats there is no other way. Fred stopped eating in his solitary confinement and since they all have it we have really little choice as they would kill each other in a small room and be miserable. And not eat. So we hope for the best and pray it won't backfire on all of us. I really am at a loss myself.

Glad you enjoyed your family this weekend and good luck tomorrow. Hope that pesky stone is gone for good.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy Of course I am here to hear details from you, you, you, you... you! I know myself best too, so that's what I am mostly talking about - just saying, as if it weren't obvious enough.

@Scandinavian Hello DIAMOND!

@marcy @Calliecake @junebug17 @Keeliamira @Mamabean I am happy to say that this dismal business of mine is moving on - there is some deadline mid-August, so if I dissapear from NIRDI, it means I am on really in deap. I do not like the fact that I am only chasing one option & it is a dream (or two!).

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, we are all here for you! I just wish I could do more; all I can offer is my support and understanding, and that doesn't do you a whole lot of good. I'm sure you're right, liquid meds are probably the most effective, was just thinking out loud. I read in your other thread that you might be able to get a flavored med - Zoe's pain medication was fish flavored and I feel like it helped a little, she didn't seem to fight me as much. Believe me, I get what you're going through...I'd have to sneak up on Zoe to give her the antibiotics, ugh. Poor Fred and Bobby, they seem to be the hardest hit right now and I really feel for them...I feel for everybody. I hope the derm was able to help, and I hope the kitties tolerate getting the sulfur baths tomorrow. I'll be keeping you all in my thoughts. Xoxox

@Calliecake, I hope your doctor's visit went ok and he had encouraging news for you. I'm so glad you had fun with your niece's baby, what a great way to spend the day!

@Scandinavian, those roses are SO gorgeous! :love: How very thoughtful of your friend. You deserve beautiful flowers and more. Thank you for posting pics of your amazing diamond, it's been a while since I've seen it and it is fabulous! :love:
:clap:

@AV_, I'm going to continue sending you good wishes and I am hoping for the best for you! Good luck with your deadline and I hope your workload stays manageable.

Band practice was switched to Thursday so it ended up being a quiet night here. Thursday won't be though LOL.

Love to all! <3

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Junebug, you and Scandi are right - Ocean’s 8 wasn’t great. I liked the other ones. Between Marty’s back and my right knee I think we both need a new one. Darn. It was fun catching up with my sister and her family. Root beer floats do hit the spot this time of year. Happy Birthday to your DS. That’s great you got to take him out to dinner and he’s practicing at your house. Is his band keeping busy?

Missy, I am wishing you the very best of luck that this entire nightmare is behind you sooner than later. Cute picture of Oliver.

Callie, I hope your appointment went well today. How fun you got to play with your grandniece this weekend. I think Marty’s back is worse than before but he’s stubborn with it. He even didn’t lift for a few days so I knew it was bad. My negative employees both called in sick today. It was so nice! I’d rather do their work than put up with them. My new team and I were talking today about the one lady’s replacement and I told them we hit pay dirt when we hired the 2 of them so I hope whoever we choose can live up to their standards. I have always been impressed by both of their work ethic and I wanted them to know that. There are A&W’s around here in smaller towns. I totally remember the cool A&W mugs they used a long time ago.

Scandi, gorgeous flowers of of course fabulous diamond!

AV, you’ll do fine and I know you’ll meet your deadline.

So as I said it was a great day at work - no one complaining or being nasty. I was very busy in general plus I helped cover a few things for the ladies who were out. I didn’t mind one bit. I enjoyed seeing my earrings every now and then on trips to the little PS room. Makes me want to cut my hair shorter to see my earrings. But probably not.

Take care.
Marcy

Reactions: AV_

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all! :wavey:
@missy thinking of you and all you, Greg & your fur babies are going through breaks my heart. You deserve so much better after all of the love and happiness you share. I hope your Dr appt today went well and the dips tomorrow go smoothly. How is Greg feeling? What a struggle. I’m sorry ((Hugs))
@Calliecake Thank you for your good wishes! I appreciate your kindness! Good luck with your Dr. appt as well. I hope the testing shows improvement and you are feeling well! Sending healthy vibes your way!
@marcy love your blue earrings and well...your entire suite of blue beauties! I hope your Monday was good at work!
@Scandinavian also thinking of you and your mom. Chemo isn’t gentle on the body and I do hope she is feeling better and keeps up the brave fight! Just one day at a time and cherish and love her during this time. ((Hugs))
@Mamabean Hope you’re enjoying Chicago and having some good you time!
@Tekate how is Texas lady? You’re granddaughter is so beautiful. How fast they grow! Good on you that you are seeing her quite often! Enjoy!
@junebug17 I love Cape May! Hope all is well with you!
@Keeliamira Gosh, so sorry to read your update! I’m sure you’re doing what’s best for your DD1 and I hope your move goes smoothly. What a beautiful backyard. My DD lived in Phoenix for a year. Pretty state!
@AV_ Well, it sounds like you’re soon to be making some major life changes. I am sure you’ll chose the right path for you! I’ll miss your posts if you disappear from NIRDIs. You always make me think and during the summer, that is a good thing!
I hope I hit everyone. If not, I’m sorry! Things are pretty good on my end. Hopefully final reparative surgery Wednesday. These last fourteen months have been quite the ride. My insurance co nurse ‘graduated’ me out of her care today. :dance: I am mentally and physically stronger now. I remember crying to her months ago, lamenting, why me...she eased me through those dark times. Fifteen months, three plus weeks of hospital stays, four surgeries, two picc lines, 30 hyperbaric treatments, continuous antibiotics and then the c diff. I always took my good health somewhat for granted. No more! Health is wealth!
Moving onto a new year at work and the wedding (!). Wish me luck Wednesday! :pray:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@Slick1 con(grad)ulations! Much heath and success to you! You deserve goodness!

cheers--Sharon

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning @missy :kiss2: Please let me (us) know how the doctor appointment was/went/turned out. Greg okay? Shingles? Could they prescribe something to help you a little?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls, hope everyone is doing well.

@missy, we are all here for you! I just wish I could do more; all I can offer is my support and understanding, and that doesn't do you a whole lot of good. I'm sure you're right, liquid meds are probably the most effective, was just thinking out loud. I read in your other thread that you might be able to get a flavored med - Zoe's pain medication was fish flavored and I feel like it helped a little, she didn't seem to fight me as much. Believe me, I get what you're going through...I'd have to sneak up on Zoe to give her the antibiotics, ugh. Poor Fred and Bobby, they seem to be the hardest hit right now and I really feel for them...I feel for everybody. I hope the derm was able to help, and I hope the kitties tolerate getting the sulfur baths tomorrow. I'll be keeping you all in my thoughts. Xoxox

Thank you sweetheart. It means so much to me knowing I have you lovely women here for us on our side rooting for us and the kitties. I cannot believe how it has been one thing after another. I am sorry you had to experience something similar with Zoe and the med torture. She knew how much you love her and she knew deep down you were doing this for her Junie. I hope you take comfort in that and comfort in how wonderful a life you gave her.
This AM Tommy was coughing after the meds and I think he might have thrown it up. I feel so awful how we are torturing them and now if he did throw it up do I give it again? It has to get into him to work. We have already gone through 2 bottles in 5 days. I need to get more bottles. The Vet's office only had 2 last week to give us. I cannot believe how expensive the meds are but I don't even care about that. I just want the meds to get into them and work.

Enjoy band practice Thursday! Something to look forward to. Have a great day Junie. (((Hugs)))

Things are pretty good on my end. Hopefully final reparative surgery Wednesday. These last fourteen months have been quite the ride. My insurance co nurse ‘graduated’ me out of her care today. :dance: I am mentally and physically stronger now. I remember crying to her months ago, lamenting, why me...she eased me through those dark times. Fifteen months, three plus weeks of hospital stays, four surgeries, two picc lines, 30 hyperbaric treatments, continuous antibiotics and then the c diff. I always took my good health somewhat for granted. No more! Health is wealth!
Moving onto a new year at work and the wedding (!). Wish me luck Wednesday! :pray:

Woohoo! So excited for you @Slick1! Finally sweeter times for you. It was hell but you got through it and better times are here.:appl: I am so happy for you dear friend. Sending you bucketloads of good luck dust for Wednesday's surgery. (((Hugs)))

Missy, I am wishing you the very best of luck that this entire nightmare is behind you sooner than later. Cute picture of Oliver.

Thank you Marcy.

So as I said it was a great day at work - no one complaining or being nasty. I was very busy in general plus I helped cover a few things for the ladies who were out. I didn’t mind one bit. I enjoyed seeing my earrings every now and then on trips to the little PS room. Makes me want to cut my hair shorter to see my earrings. But probably not.

Yay for a great day at work. And being busy does make the time go quickly. Your earrings are TDF and maybe instead of cutting your hair you can wear it back occasionally with barrettes?

Hope today is also a good day at work Marcy. XOXO.

@missy Of course I am here to hear details from you, you, you, you... you! I know myself best too, so that's what I am mostly talking about - just saying, as if it weren't obvious enough.

LOL Fair enough. And I am here to hear details from and about you sweet @AV_ so please know we are here for you too. Continued good luck job dust being sent your way. (((Hugs))).

Good morning @missy :kiss2: Please let me (us) know how the doctor appointment was/went/turned out. Greg okay? Shingles? Could they prescribe something to help you a little?

GM Scandi! How is your mom doing? I am sorry to always be asking about her because I realize status might not change so fast but I want you to know Greg and I are keeping her in our thoughts and prayers and continued healing vibes being sent her way. And sending you lots of love and support too. Appointment went OK and new derm gave us the oral meds I asked for. I am not going to use them unless I get it in more areas or if it attacks my scalp because then it will cause permanent scarring and chunks of hair loss and in that case the risk is worth it. But right now just applying the topicals. Hoping hard it doesn't spread. Greg is feeling better and doesn't think he will be coming down with Shingles. The thing is with Shingles it takes a week or so from symptoms (at least when I had it and when Greg had it over 20 years ago) to the outbreak. So we shall see but so far he is feeling better thank goodness. Thank you for asking.

LOVE those diamond and flower photos. Swoon!:kiss2:

@Keeliamira good morning. How's the job hunt going? Thinking of you sweet lady.

Hi @canuk-gal :halo:-

Good luck today @Calliecake :wavey:

So we gave morning meds to the cats yesterday and went for a shorter bike ride and then came back and cleaned the house and showered and went to the derm and came back and gave more meds to the cats and had dinner and went to bed. And lots of laundry in between. Marcy what is happening with the laundry I am outdoing you on that right now and I do not like it. LOL.

Today no bike ride. We got up fed the cats and gave them their morning meds. Tommy might have thrown it up but I have to investigate. Takes us a long time to catch each cat and give them the meds. 4 times as long as if we had one but probably longer because they are very resistant to this and fight us the whole way. With the exception of Oliver. Anyway Oliver is playing with us now and then we are bringing all 4 cats in for a lime bath and praying Bobby and Tommy and Fred tolerate it and do not give the tech a hard time. If they do we will be in trouble as the lime bath is an important step in treatment. Please send lots of good luck dust to all our cats. I am so nervous about today.

While they are getting their lime baths and drying Greg and I are going to to a top to bottom clean and disinfection of the house and wash everything we can including litter boxes and bowls and curtains and everything. I am exhausted just writing about it. And I am hoping we have time to run to Costco as we already need more supplies. Dinsifectants and more swifter refills and cat food. It's going to be a busy day and just hoping it goes smoothly.:pray:

Derm gave us the meds I wanted and we will hold off taking them until we really need them as side effects can be harsh on the liver. But if we need them we will have them at least.

Have a good day lovely ladies. XOXO.

LOL that rascal is playing with our curtains. They must come down. Cannot keep washing and disinfecting them. Oh well the neighbors will get a show from me without my privacy curtains in the bedroom. Hope I don't scare anyone.:shock:

oliverbehindcurtains.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tommy last night. Poor baby. You can see some of the photos I have of Francesca in this pic. I put 2 albums together and framed a few but not putting anything up yet.

Screen Shot 2019-07-30 at 6.42.41 AM.png

And Greg is playing with Oliver as I type this. He doesn't wear gloves and neither do I but I have gloves coming from Amazon today. I know we have to but it's so hard on the cats as it is. Oliver is craving human contact and kitty contact too. But right now we are keeping him separate from the other cats. I think it is for the best right now but it is very hard on everyone. I am concerned about his emotional well being. This is a time he must be socialized and yet we are keeping him away from everyone and he only has limited contact with us. I am paralyzed as there is no good choice.:cry2:

oliverandgreg.jpg

ollie.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning @Mamabean! How are you? What's new with you? Please share. I have been thinking of you and hoping all is well. XOXO.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy I am happy to hear that Oliver is growing to be such a tame friend (since he is playing nicely even amid all of this). I've learned my lesson to NOT take for granted that all cats are house cats - some are born that way, some sort of maybe just 'no'.
You are making the good choices - this is as good as it gets.

@Slick1 I hope you get every inch of good time that can be for years and years & then some! Hoping that this last round of surgery is nothing to you.
Yes, everything in my life is changing - however, I am rather retracing some old academic steps, so some things are not new; it is eerie - living twice!

Looking forward to a blackberry hunt this evening.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good morning @Mamabean! How are you? What's new with you? Please share. I have been thinking of you and hoping all is well. XOXO.
Hi @missy I’m good...David has been back at it since I got back but it’s fine..:loopy: My husband's car died on the way home after dropping me off at the airport on Friday. He had to drive my car to the airport and get a rental from there so he would have a car for work, I had to make my decision about purchasing a new car for me so he can have mine. I’m going to get the Volvo Inscription x60 T6. Its the spiffiest version and has all the bells and whistles. I’m really into safety as the first consideration..My neighbor walked out of an accident that everyone on the scene said she shouldn’t have walked out of. I took it for a drive and it handled like my BMW so it feels comfortable. The Volvo actually has more features than my present car.
I’ve been reading about your ringworm problems. I truly don’t know how you guys are doing it all. Don’t ever feel you can’t talk about it here. I think you are handling it better than I would be able to.
I’ll catch up later. It’s a busy day today! :sleep:
I had to come back and say how cute Oliver is. I love the photo behind your curtain. He is a sweet little guy. You can tell he loves you already.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I am happy to hear that Oliver is growing to be such a tame friend (since he is playing nicely even amid all of this). I've learned my lesson to NOT take for granted that all cats are house cats - some are born that way, some sort of maybe just 'no'.
You are making the good choices - this is as good as it gets.

@Slick1 I hope you get every inch of good time that can be for years and years & then some! Hoping that this last round of surgery is nothing to you.
Yes, everything in my life is changing - however, I am rather retracing some old academic steps, so some things are not new; it is eerie - living twice!

Looking forward to a blackberry hunt this evening.

Thanks @AV_ he can be a wild child but if we don’t ruin him with this ordeal he has been a sweet kitty up to now. Though yes wild but who can blame him being cooped up since we got him basically. Poor baby. He needs to be allowed to enjoy his kittenhood. This is awful on so many levels. We will continue fighting for all the cats and doing our best. Hope it’s good enough.

Enjoy the day and good luck with the hunt.

Hi @missy I’m good...David has been back at it since I got back but it’s fine..:loopy: My husband's car died on the way home after dropping me off at the airport on Friday. He had to drive my car to the airport and get a rental from there so he would have a car for work, I had to make my decision about purchasing a new car for me so he can have mine. I’m going to get the Volvo Inscription x60 T6. Its the spiffiest version and has all the bells and whistles. I’m really into safety as the first consideration..My neighbor walked out of an accident that everyone on the scene said she shouldn’t have walked out of. I took it for a drive and it handled like my BMW so it feels comfortable. The Volvo actually has more features than my present car.
I’ve been reading about your ringworm problems. I truly don’t know how you guys are doing it all. Don’t ever feel you can’t talk about it here. I think you are handling it better than I would be able to.
I’ll catch up later. It’s a busy day today! :sleep:
I had to come back and say how cute Oliver is. I love the photo behind your curtain. He is a sweet little guy. You can tell he loves you already.

Ooh I’m sorry about the car but fun choosing a new one though it’s a hassle like this. Thank you for all your good wishes. I think Oliver is being tortured by us with all the meds and isolation and yes more of my heart (how is anything left of my heart I don’t know) is breaking. This is critical socializing time for Oliver and he’s locked away in a playpen.

Just dropped all 4 cats off for lime sulfur dip. Praying the techs can manage dipping all of them successfully.

Cleaning time now. See y’all later and have a lovely day.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I can’t stop thinking of the costs and the techs /vets and if they are all still okay lol sorry. Keep picturing the cats attacking a poor unsuspecting guy lol. You know - as a group - lion hunting style :P2

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
First I haven't finished reading the last page and 1/2 so things may have changed and I may miss something, but I have to go soon to look at property with a builder today (not that we are gonna buy today, nope!).

@missy My MARVELOUS Missy, my dear what a clusterf--- happening with the kids, to me it sounds like when kids get chicken pox or something like that and EVERYONE get's it and it drags on and on and on... I am so sorry sweetie, I send you LOVE Missy, wish I could do more for you but know everyday I send you healing vibes, dust and plain old friendship.. you are the kindnest person I know Missy, TRUTH!.. Ice cream looks scruptious.. I didn't see if you said Greg had a recurrence of Shingles, I had it once and it sucks.. The big kids seem to be happy Missy, they are together and your house is full of catalicious love! Ollie? he's a ball of orange and white fire, I love him. It's hot here. ugh. I will try to read the end thread tonite Missy if we don't go to Mike's. I will post 2 pix of Looney Luna! Lovely Luna, I love that cat and when I get back here I"m taking her. all love Missy ALL to you Greg and furkids. xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

@Austina Hey GREAT pix of you and the 'dorable Dottie, glad your temps have improved, not so here but I am in A/C right now. Hope you are all doing well Austina. xoxoxox

@Mamabean Sounds like your trip went well, hope you get David on his schedule soon! xoxoxoxo

@Keeliamira new home! beautiful! so so sorry about your girl, but hopefully this will help her.. When does your husband's new health insurance take effect, COBRA is expensive I know.. all managers lie when they want to, even me when I was ;-) you will find a job because you are a wonderful lawyer! sending love your way!!!!

@Calliecake Hey sweetie how are you? what's new in Callieland? I'm enjoying Autie so much Callie! xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

@junebug17 sounds like things are really going well for you and family! thank you for always saying such wonderful things about Autie.. xoxoxo !!! xoxoxo again!

@marcy the blue of all your BLUETAFUL jewelry make me green ;-) gorgeous stuff Marcy, sounds like things are good for you!

@Scandinavian LOVE the necklace on you Scandi.. mesothelioma, hmmm a rare(ish) form of lung cancer, sending healing dust and love Scandi.. I'll take those gorgeous roses any Day! your pup is adorable as always! xoxoxoxo

@Slick1 sending good happy thoughts to you girl! xoxoxoxo
72919autie.jpg LunaLOVE.jpg LunaLovley.jpg
Gotta go bbl. sending you all love. Kate

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I was completely zonked yesterday :eek2: I got a bite on my ankle on Sunday, so took some anti histamines as it was itching like crazy, and they just knocked me out!

Good luck for tomorrow @Slick1, sending positive thoughts it all goes well. I absolutely love your dress and the earrings are a great choice to go with it. You’re going to be an absolute stunner at the wedding!

Awww, your DS shares his birthday with Dottie @junebug17 :lol: Glad you got to spend more time together.

You would definitely be fine with Dottie @AV_ she is very calm and wouldn’t lick you, she would come up to you gently, and if you ignored her, she’d just walk away. Enjoy your blackberry hunt!

Your necklace looks fabulous @Scandanavian, as does your ring. Continuing to keep you all in my thoughts and sending positive, healing vibes to your Mum.

Woohoo to not having to deal with either NN or MM at work yesterday @marcy, must’ve made the day a whole lot brighter. Sorry to hear Marty’s back is still causing him problems, I hope he’s back to normal soon.

I hope your Dr’s appt went well @Calliecake and he had good news for you. How fun spending time with your little grandniece, I’m sure she enjoys it as much as you do.

I’m glad you’re still able to get out and away from all the cleaning rigmarole @missy. I hope Greg isn’t feeling too bad. I know you couldn’t possibly be doing anymore than you already are, and I hope things start to improve soon. I’m sure years ago, people didn’t do all you’re doing when dealing with ringworm. Hang in there.

Great choice of car @Mamabean, Volvo have always had a very good reputation for being solidly built and sturdy.

Lovely pix @Tekate, so glad you’re enjoying spending time with your little cutie.

I hope I haven’t missed anyone, sorry if I have, I’m still feeling drowsy. I’ll take one more tablet tonight, then hopefully the itching will have stopped tomorrow.

:wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI's:wavey:
@Tekate super cuties!! Me lubs.:love: Thanks for sharing.:wavey:

@missy . Dear Missy--you are goodness and kindness. Without imaging some reward, you are there for everyone and everything. And with grace.

While your families' plate is (at present but temporarily) growing larger, I believe (and have faith) your goodness and fortitude will overcome. If I've ever met anyone with the "stuff" it is you and Gregg and furbabies.

ice cream and healing vibes across the miles--xoxo Sharon (maybe some ETOH at this point for cleaning and human consumption!)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRID’s!

Slick1, thank you - I like blue sapphires a lot. You have had a rough year that is great your nurse was so helpful and sweet she is graduating you out of her care. Progress! That is awesome you are mentally and physically stronger. Yay for a new year at work and have fun at the wedding.

Missy, I wish I could pull my hair up or back. It is too thick; the best I can do since I part my hair on the left side is to pull that side back and put it in a big barrette. That side will stay behind my ear if I pull my hair back; the right side just falls right back. I don’t think I’ll get short hair because i don’t like it on me. I hope the lime baths went okay. I am sure you and Greg are exhausted; glad Oliver is playing with you guys. Did the doctor think Greg has shingles?

AV, I hope retracing some past steps turns out to be pleasant and fulfilling.

Mamabean, your new Volvo sounds like a great car and I know they have a wonderful safety record. Sweet. Darn that your husband’s car quit.

Kate, that sounds serious going to look at a property with a builder. Exciting! Thank you; I am enjoying my blues. Autie has grown so much and she has such an adorable smile. You must be loving live baby time.

Austina, oh no for getting a bite. I mix up baking soda with water to put on bug bites; it helps pull the bite out. Antihistamines knock me out too. i hope you are feeling better now. I did totally enjoy yesterday at work. Today my boss and one NN was gone so it was still very decent. Marty is actually making an appointment with a doctor about his back. Wow!

Hi Sharon and Scandi!

I was busy at work today but it was fun since I did work work rather than my usual stuff. Nice. I went to lunch with a friend of mine and picked up Culver’s for us for supper. It was house cleaning day so I didn’t want to mess up the kitchen anyway.

I wore my CBI for the first time again today with my new chain, I kept checking to see it was there.

Take care.
Marcy

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, I'm glad the doctor was willing to give you the meds you wanted, it helps to know you have them if you need them. Hopefully Greg is ok and doesn't come down with shingles. Love the pics of Oliver, what a cutie, love him :love: I hope the kitties tolerated the sulfur bath ok, and I'm sending lots of good thoughts and support to you. Xoxox

@marcy, my son's band has been playing a lot this summer, it's their busiest time. Things will slow down in the fall. Nice that you had such a good day at work and I wish all your days could be like that...it's a shame those women change the atmosphere of the office so much. Yay to admiring your earrings on bathroom breaks lol, it's so fun wearing new bling.

@Slick1, you probably won't see this and I'm sorry! Wishing you a successful surgery and quick recovery, and I'll be keeping you in my thoughts. You have been through so much these past months and I'm so glad you are feeling better physically and mentally. (((Hugs)))

@Mamabean, I'm sorry David is still having a rough time of it. Congratulations on your new car, it sounds beautiful!

@Tekate, Autie is so precious! Love that sweet smile! :love: And Luna is adorable, I can see why you want to take her home. Glad you're having such a good time with your family.

@Calliecake, thinking of you and hoping you are doing ok. (((Hugs)))

@Scandinavian, sending you thoughts of comfort and love, xoxoxox

@Austina, hope your drowsiness passes soon, that's a horrible feeling.

DD ended up coming today, and we went to a few stores and had dinner at a local restaurant. Fun having some alone time with her.

Take care everyone!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending lots of health dust to you @Slick1 . I’ll be thinking of you on Wednesday and sending lots of good luck and good thoughts your way!

@missy Fingers crossed the lime sulfer dip goes well for the kitties today and healing can start for all the kitties. It sounds like you and Greg have a routine down which hopefully makes it feel a bit more manageable. I’m sure these past few weeks have felt like a year.

@Scandinavian , The roses and your ring are gorgeous. I’m glad you have so many good friends looking out for and helping you. Sending good thoughts and health dust your families way and hoping your mom is handling her treatments as well as can be expected. Does she have her second treatment this week or are they spaced further apart?

@junebug, It sounds like you had a fun day with your DD. Shopping and dinner sounds like a perfect day.

Mamabean , I’m hoping David’s mood improves today and am sorry your husband’s car died. Im wondering if the Volvo you are getting is the one they have been running commercials for. It’s one beautiful car. The inside looks very luxurious. You are making the right decision to get the safest car. One of our neighbors was in an awful accident last week. Safety always comes first. What color are you going to get Joanne.

@Tekate, Have a great time spending time with your family Kate. Autie is adorable!!! She looks like the happiest baby. Did you meet with a builder?

Marcy, Congratulations on a peaceful day at work yesterday and today. Unfortunately those don’t come along all that often for you. It really makes you appreciate them when they do. Oh no I’m sorry to hear Marty’s back is still acting up. Has he been to the doctor? Show off that beautiful jewelry!

@Austina, I hope the itching stops by the time you wake up tomorrow. Hopefully the meds will help you get a good night sleep.

@Keeliamira , I’m sorry to hear about your DD and hope she improves quickly. The new house looks beautiful.

I hope you find a new job that you enjoy @av.

Is your week going well @canuk-gal ?

I met with the doctor yesterday and he is recommending surgery. I’ve got a second opinion scheduled for tomorrow. Thank you for the support during this whole stone ordeal.

Reactions: AV_
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results