shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Joanne and Junie. I think we’re going to visit her. I feel like we’re deserting her if we don’t at least try. To comfort her. Though I am doubtful it will bring her comfort I feel we have to try. I appreciate you girls so much. I’m going out of my mind.
Please be careful driving..Can you stay overnight?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please be careful driving..Can you stay overnight?

No we can’t because of our other 3 kitties at the beach house. We will be careful thanks Joanne. (((Hugs))).

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
No we can’t because of our other 3 kitties at the beach house. We will be careful thanks Joanne. (((Hugs))).
I do think it’s will give you all comfort to be there..xxxxoooo

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Missy... Debbie and the crew are keeping Francesca comfortable. I agree about not making the all day trek to see her in person. Perhaps you could arrange a short FaceTime call with her. ?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do think it’s will give you all comfort to be there..xxxxoooo

I want to bring her comfort. I have no concern about bringing greg or me comfort. Only francesca matters now. In face it’s the only reason I was really hesitating. Truthfully I think it might make us feel worse. Seeing her in discomfort like that. Despondent and depressed and lifeless. I’m dreading seeing her like that again. But if there’s any chance it will bring her any comfort we have to try.

Thank you sweetie.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Take care @missy, I’m sure Francesca will appreciate you going to see her. The good thing is you know she’s being well taken care of, they won’t be letting her suffer at all. Please be careful, we had horrendous weather here yesterday, a month’s worth of rain in a day. You know we understand how you’re feeling, it’s the worst part of having them and loving them so much.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Missy... Debbie and the crew are keeping Francesca comfortable. I agree about not making the all day trek to see her in person. Perhaps you could arrange a short FaceTime call with her. ?

Haha thanks for putting a smile on my face now. Debbie’s not there til Thursday again. No one would do that for us and honestly I don’t think francesca is sophisticated enough to get FaceTime. Heck her momma doesn’t even know how to FaceTime. On purpose that is.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Take care @missy, I’m sure Francesca will appreciate you going to see her. The good thing is you know she’s being well taken care of, they won’t be letting her suffer at all. Please be careful, we had horrendous weather here yesterday, a month’s worth of rain in a day. You know we understand how you’re feeling, it’s the worst part of having them and loving them so much.

I will. Thank you Austina.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, I understand wanting to comfort Francesca, please be careful and have a safe trip. xoxoxox

Thank you dear Junie. I’m so sorry to be bringing up painful memories for you. The timing on this is unreal. Greg and I continue to keep you in our thoughts every day. You’re always on my mind. (((Hugs)))

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

The plumber arrived on the dot of 9am yesterday’s morning, so the boiler’s been serviced and the toilet leak is all fixed.

I hope your plumber arrived too @Mamabean ?

I had to take my jewellery to be appraised yesterday for insurance purposes, and the appraiser took one look at Bella and said ‘wow, ‘I don’t get to see these often’. She thought it was beautiful and the setting lovely.

Hope all the NIRDIs are doing well, and of course you know that you, Greg and the little Black panther are in our thoughts @missy.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you sweetheart @Austina Glad your plumber showed up and on time and fixed it.
And please everyone back to our normally scheduled programming. Life goes on and I want you all to be free and discuss everything you want to. I know you care and are keeping our sweet baby francesca in your thoughts and prayers. And for that and all your support I thank you. (((Hugs))).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a few more pics.

Quintessential Francesca. Levitating.
E859B720-30F6-4BAA-BC7F-E89B1E38024F.jpeg

On my lap during car trips from and to the Beach. Her purring most of the time just enjoying being together.

69090D03-D7FE-4351-92DD-D36B016D938F.jpeg 928C0AC4-3FEC-47A4-B6C7-CFC83EAEC8C4.jpeg

The way she looks at you with soul piercing love.

7D9D08A3-AE0C-4D59-9645-6BF1270CBF99.jpeg

Wassup mommy? Time for dinner?
7038E26D-6E30-4BFF-BC25-8C40A71AEECF.jpeg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you dear Junie. I’m so sorry to be bringing up painful memories for you. The timing on this is unreal. Greg and I continue to keep you in our thoughts every day. You’re always on my mind. (((Hugs)))

Aw thank you @missy, so sweet and kind of you to be thinking of me while you're going through such a difficult time, I am really touched...I can honestly say I have some idea of what you are going through, having dealt with such a similar thing so recently. I can only hope it brings you some tiny bit of comfort that you are not alone and I know the pain you're in. Sending lots of love and hugs to you.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so so sorry Missy. My heart goes out to you and Greg. Please know I’m here for you whenever you want to talk. What you are feeling now is completely understandable. We have talked many times about our love of our fur babies. Having met Francesca, I know what a truly special baby she is and how she can brings great joy to those around her. Her sweet and loving personality lights up a room. You have many people who care and love you here. You aren’t alone Honey. You know I’m available anytime you need to talk, cry or just share your feelings. Big hugs sweetie. I’m sorry for both you and Greg and find great comfort in knowing how much you help each other get thru anything life throws at you.

@junebug17 , My thoughts and hugs are also with you today. Just thinking of you and want you to know you have lots of people in your corner too. Hugs

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy oh oh oh.. I have actually been avoiding reading because I am so sad for you and because I have gone through this as many of us have it just pains me to not want to take this away from you, you are a great mom and this kills you worrying about Francesca's pain and fears of being alone etc, I hear you I want to help, I feel so helpless to cheer you up or bring you sleep even. PLEASE know I, like everyone of us here on PS and our NIRDI's supports you, you have Greg, your sister, family and you have US you are all around you with arms holding you Missy.. I feel so for you. I'm here and know you are the best mom who knows how much something that gives US so much love means. I'm here.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@NIRDI's raining today in Maine, we always can use the rain.

We sold our old lawn set and bought a new set which I wil take a picture of when the comes out.. We need to buy pillows for the seats.

Salley is shedding like crazy, I and my vacuum cleaner dance daily these days.

Nothing new on Autie, Mike or Cara or Chris. Going to talk to Katie tomorrow :) (the life of he busy writer/artist in Brooklyn!) :)

John is placing his piano on consignment, he doesn't play it, we have moved the piano from Poughkeepsie, to Raleigh, to Texas, to Maine, no more time to move it as arthritis has gotten John's fingers and a piano should be played.

@Austina @Mamabean @Calliecake @Scandinavian @Jimmianne @canuk-gal @ringo865 @Slick1 @junebug17 @AV_ sending Tuesday morning hello's! I'll be back later.

@Austina I would love to see a lot more shots of Bella, I love looking at your and Missy's OECs.. so so so gorgeous.. love everyone's glitter really and truly. My ring is still on schedule for being fedexed next monday, we shall see.

love you guys.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy The photos of Francesca are so unbelievably cute. She has the sweetest face..I hope you are there now safe and sound. You’re on my mind..hoping you and Greg are okay...xxxooo
@Austina My plumber did come. I bought a larger than normal toilet unbeknownst to me. It just about fit! The poor guy cut himself on the shards from the broken pieces of the old toilet. He was bleeding all over the place. I was following him around with Lysol wipes..kinda grossed out. I finally convinced him to put on a bandaid. Poor guy... I was never so happy to see a toilet in one piece that wasn’t leaking..
The biggest problem was awaiting me..For background information...We a have septic system here...I feel like it looms over my head. If we have bad weather the power goes out and we can’t flush the toilet because the pump wouldn’t pump out the you know what. So...I had a reminder pop up on my phone telling me that we needed to have our septic tanks pumped...We have two because it’s a five bedroom house...I get them pumped every two years..Are you sleeping yet? Well...They came yesterday...same day as the plumber...They open the tanks and run to tell me it was my very lucky day today. Evidently the pump fried which is connected to an alert system in my basement. It fried the connection to that so I didn’t get an alert that the pump wasn’t pumping and it was over it’s max. One more flush and it would have looked like Niagara Falls in my house! :-o They said I was so lucky! It could have backed up and that would have been unbelievably bad..So they are coming today to replace the pump to the tune of 2k..I’m just so happy it didn’t back up into the house that I would have given them more. I feel like I should have something sparkly for that money..but I’m happy my house was spared...Yuck!
I’ll be back. They’re here..:sick:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy I'd take years to make a collection of portraits of anyone beloved, as you have of Francesca ,( I immagine you are on your way and the next dozen of hours cannot possibly be easy for you.

See you in the morning, come what may!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Tekate..Bailey is also shedding..I should have stock in the Swiffer company. I have dark floors and he’s cream almost white and VERY fluffy...If I absentmindedly pet him when I’m sitting..there will be a huge clump of hair on the floor. If the air comes on it blows it around to a different place..I once had a golden retriever that had reddish hair instead of blonde.He shed just like Bailey. I decided to get him a close haircut for the summer...I went to pick him up at the groomer and this bald dog came bounding out with a red head, tail and paws..The rest of him was white. He was shaven to the skin! I didn’t recognize him until he started being his goofy self! He was so upset that his fur was missing...he kept licking himself. I was upset with them because they had mixed him up with another dog that was supposed to get the shave. It took a few months for the hair to grow back..but I had no hair in the house! It was wonderful..but I did feel bad for him. I had to put my son’s T-shirt on him with a knot on his back to keep it on. I was afraid he would get sunburn..
I did see the X1 but it’s too small to fit Bailey in the back..We even went to look at the x3 which is what I already have. We figured we could keep a new one of those at the bottom of the list as backup. They raised the height on the new ones and it’s too high for him now. It may be my husband will get the new car and I’ll just try to keep this one going longer.
@Austina I too would love to see a pic of Bella..I love her..If I could have an OEC like Bella and Bubbalah I would be so happy. I think I prefer MRB best until I see them. :love:
@av I loved seeing your photos! More please?
@Calliecake Yes..The plan is when my husband retires...for the second time...We’ll start looking for a place for David to work near where Scott and Allie live. He needs a sheltered place with supervision because he’s very innocent and can’t be in the workplace alone. Once we find that we can start to narrow down where we would look for a house. We’re going to be looking in Northern Va. I can’t wait..
@junebug17 How are you doing? Are you happy to be back home? I know you are still hurting...It was nice you were able to get away a little.
The boy (34 year old one) is home and wants his watermelon so will talk to you all later.
Hugs @missy...

Last edited:

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Awww, what a gorgeous baby she is, am so incredibly sad for you & Greg Missy, and of course your precious Fransesca. Sending you hugs & dust....

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean These are all the shots from Sunday - www There are miles and miles of trails like this around.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@marcy You peaked my curiosity about the royal family. I love them..I hope it doesn’t color what I think of them..but of course that was a long time ago..I don’t think they are that bad now..
I’m impressed that Marty can cook! My husband doesn’t cook or even grill. He will help me clean up after a holiday but now I want to go out because it’s just us..and it’s too much..I really enjoyed going out to eat on Thanksgiving last Year. My husband said he felt bad because I was so happy to eat a meal someone else cooked..I’m off duty for Thanksgiving from now on. I do cook on Christmas Eve and Dinner..
I now feel your indecision about finding a car..arg..
@Slick1 I’m so sorry your still battling your C. Diff..I truly admire how you are handling it all. You have such a cute family. I can see why you keep smiling.
I’m leaving tomorrow for Rehoboth...I’ll check in to see how you are all doing..:kiss2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean These are all the shots from Sunday - www There are miles and miles of trails like this around.
Thank you! They are all gorgeous! You’re so lucky to live in area as beautiful as that!

Reactions: AV_

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Missy, keeping you and Greg in my thoughts. Big hugs to you. I am sure Francesca will know you and Greg are there. Great pictures of sweet Francesca.

AV, great pictures. Looks pretty there.

Mamabean, I hate to hear your basement flooded. We had a babbling brook in our basement one time; what a mess! I am glad you got a new toilet but oh no to the plumber cutting himself and yes gross he was getting blood everywhere. That is too bad you need a new pump for your septic system but that’s good it didn’t back up in your house. Yuck, indeed. A guy in our astronomy club has a place on a few acres north of town. Of course as our town grows he ended up with a new development by his place which then eventually led to a nearby fire-station to have it’s over used septic system drain in to a low spot on his land. It’s like EWE!!! I see it going to work now and call it his pooh pond. They is fighting the city and the contractors trying to get them to clean it up and of course the soil is toxic now and needs removed. I feel bad for him. I would hope the current royal family is nicer than those in the series I watched; I have to admit I’m intrigued though. Marty is a very good cook; I think he learned a lot watching the Food Network. We also like going out on holidays if it’s just us. A break from dishes.

Austina, I am glad your toilet is fixed. Sorry you had so much rain there; I did see some pictures of severe flooding there. Sweet that Bella received well deserved praises when you had your jewelry appraised.

Kate, nice that you got a new lawn set. You could have your beautiful Ever a week from today. Nice.

I started my day being tortured by a new dental hygienist. My gums hurt and my teeth ache. I hate when my normal hygienist is on vacation. I had a cheese enchilada for lunch and soup for supper. I thawed out a few chocolate chip cookies for dessert. I felt I deserved them. Ha Ha.

Marty worked from his hotel room in Manhattan today and wandered around Times Square, Central Park and of course hit the Apple Store. I asked if he bought me a new Teddy Bear. Strange he didn’t answer that question. He’ll leave quite early ET and arrive mid morning MT tomorrow.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you girls all so much. I cannot tell you how much Greg and I appreciate your outpouring of love and support and well wishes for our sweet Francesca.

We saw her yesterday and so glad we made the long trip. It was completely worth it. She saw us and started meowing and we held her and she was purring almost the whole visit. It was a long day but a good one if you could call it that given the situation.

And when we got home finally last night (traffic OMG) Debbie called us as we were walking in the door and Frankie's aspirate results had just come back. It is a lymphoma and inoperable but given the location of the mass it would have been an operation she probably wouldn't have made it through so Debbie said though the news is bad it is the best bad news if that makes sense.

So we are starting chemo. She is partially blocked in the Small Intestine and so far the little food they got her to eat by giving her an IV appetite stimulant has not passed through the stomach so she might not be able to make it back from that. BUT we are bringing her home today. I ordered one of the chemo drugs and hope it will be here ASAP. I paid for the quickest shipping but they have to compound it and then ship it so not sure when it will be here.

The other chemo drug she has been started on as well as antibiotics because the lymphoma got infected and that's why she took such a sudden turn from good to very ill. She probably has had this for the past month but when it became infected symptoms took over showing us she was sick.

Anyway we are heading there this morning to pick her up and take her home. Praying the chemo will buy us a little bit of time with her. Best case scenario is we can get 8 months with her. Worst case scenario (if the chemo doesn't help) a few days or less...but at least she will be at home.

I am jumping out of my skin with mixed emotions. Anxious that if something goes terribly wrong we are hours away from Debbie but excited that at least our sweet girl will be with us for at least a little bit and praying that time is free from suffering.

It's so hard not being able to control things. I cannot get the chemo drugs here any faster. I cannot make her respond to the meds. I cannot take this away from her and make it OK. Not having control and not being able to get her well is such an awful feeling. She trusts us to take care of her and make it OK and we can't do that. :cry2: I am holding onto the hope that the chemo drugs can help her. Praying so hard. And praying she won't suffer and will be happy to be home and not hide in the closet. Praying she has some quality of life left still.:pray:

Thank you so much for reading and listening and supporting and praying and I am sending each and everyone of you a big hug from me, from Greg and from our dear little girl Francesca.

And again I apologize for not responding individually. I promise when I have more energy I will. I am living on adrenaline right now and wish we could tele transport Francesca home to us instead of the long car ride she has ahead of her. Off to pick her up very soon. Wish us luck girls.

Leaving you with a few photos of our visit with her yesterday. Look at our sweet angel baby. She is so precious. :kiss2:

francescaandtongue.png

francescaandgregandfrankieapplique.png

Do you see the Frankie appliqué on Greg's jean jacket?

One more pic.
Screen Shot 2019-06-12 at 6.32.12 AM.png

OK we are off. Have a wonderful Wednesday girls. XOXO.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely the right thing to do @missy. I know that whatever the outcome, she’ll be so much happier being with you and Greg, and you’ll feel better having her home, where you can take care of her. Just look at her precious little panther face xxx

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m so relieved to see she enjoyed your visit. Her face is so adorable...What a sweetheart she is. Taking her home is what I would also do. She will be more comfortable there with you to snuggle with.
I’m heading to Rehoboth now but will check in to see how she’s doing..xxxxooo

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, Francesca will be happy to back with you and Greg and I hope she does well at home, thinking of you all and sending lots of love. Xoxox

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I am glad Francesca enjoyed you and Greg’s visit. That’s good you’ll be bringing her home and taking care of her. Big hugs.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results