shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy Now I see why you are carying your Anatole France quote for all to see ,( ... I would not know what better to do for myself, than you already are for Francesca.

One step at a time...

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Missy, I just wanted to send hugs and healing prayers! We lost our sweet, sassy girl Sasha last year to mesenteric lymphoma and I still miss her dearly. Two additional care options we opted for that made her more comfortable were Acupuncture and Cold Laser treatments. Honestly, it was amazing to witness her peace during and after these treatments! Hang in there and give your furry babes lots of love and kisses!!! Francesca is is gorgeous by the way-we have two house panthers, I love black kitties!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hopefully having her home will relieve some of the anxiety for you & Greg...she will certainly rest easier being home with you as well...hang in there...I'll be checking back for your updates. Dust & XOXO's to you all....

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending lots of dust to all of you and praying the treatment works well for sweet little Francesca. Francesca is going to be so thrilled to be home!
I’m so happy your day will be filled with purrs and snuggles Missy. Enjoy every moment with your sweet little girl.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Another terrible rainy day here, fortunately we’re not in a flood area, but it’s pretty bad in other parts of the country.

Hope Marty made it home safely @marcy, and that your gnashers aren’t hurting anymore :mrgreen:

Safe journey @Mamabean and enjoy your girly time away. Thank goodness they found the issue with the septic before it became a major stinky problem!

I hope you’re back from collecting Francesca and she’s as comfortable as possible @missy. Willing the drugs to arrive quickly so you can get her started on them xxx

Had the safe installed this afternoon, so that’s another thing ticked off the list. I can’t remember if I’ve mentioned it, but we’ve been sponsoring guide dogs for the blind for probably 30 years. Most of them have made the grade, and we heard today that our latest has gone to a young girl who’ll be starting college in the autumn. We’ve been allocated another, a little cutie called Skye.
36C96844-BBBB-4620-AEF6-50C5699CB695.jpeg

I hope all the lovely NIRDIs are keeping well :wavey:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh @Austina , Skye is beautiful. Just seeing her picture could brighten a gloomy raining day!

I bet you made the jeweler’s day when you walked in with gorgeous Bella. Your setting is my all time favorite for a round solitaire.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy--thinking of you all. Love those latest pictures--thanks for sharing.:love:

hugs--Sharon

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, love the pics of Francesca, such a sweet and beautiful girl. I'm sure she's happy to be home and getting lots of love from you. I'm keeping her, and you and Greg, in my thoughts. I know this is an incredibly stressful time. <3

@Calliecake, such a cute story about your niece wanting to wear her new dress. She's right, the birthday girl gets to do whatever she wants lol. So nice that you have those adorable kids in your life. Thank you for your kind words, I really appreciate them. (((Hugs)))

@ringo865, just wanted to say hi, and I hope you're doing ok. Xxx

@Austina, of course Bella is gorgeous but it's nice to hear it from others once in a while! Nice compliment from the jeweler. Great that all the plumbing work and the safe are taken care of, always feels good to cross things off the list. sorry about all the rain, it can get depressing after a while and it's terrible there's some flooding going on. What a great organization to be involved in; Skye is adorable.

@Tekate, forgot to mention I love the new lawn furniture you bought. Good luck selling John's piano, it's too bad he can't play anymore but it will be nice for someone else to enjoy it. Can't wait to see your ring.

@Mamabean, omigosh, what a day you had! It's a shame the plumber cut himself, hope he's ok and so sorry about the whole episode. Thank goodness you caught the issue with the septic tank, talk about a close call. I still miss my girl very much but I'm doing ok, thank you for asking. <3. Have a wonderful time with your friends in Rehoboth.

@marcy, so sorry to hear the hygienist was rough, that has happened to me and I know it's very uncomfortable. Hope your knee is feeling a little better these days.

Hi there canuk-gal, hope you're doing well xxx

Not much new here...just the usual chores and errands...and practicing with the lettering kit I ordered. I'm enjoying it but it's hard lol. I'll share some of it when I get a little better.

Take care everyone, my love to all.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Missy, thinking of you, Greg and Francesca. I am sure Francesca is glad to be home with you guys. Hurry up medicine!

Austina, sorry to hear it’s still raining there. They are issuing flood warnings this weekend because the snow is finally starting to melt in the mountains and all the rivers and streams are full from all the rain we’ve had. Marty did make it home okay. I was disappointed he buy me a teddy bear in Manhattan but as he pointed out it would probably have cost $200. My teeth are a little achy in spots but not bad today. Thanks. Skye is a cutie and how awesome sponsoring guide dogs for the blind.

Junebug, I am anxious to see what you are doing with your lettering kit. I bet it’s fun! Thanks for asking - my knee is slightly better - I tested it out today and thought it did better than expected. Our company had a food truck on site so I walked out there, stood in line about 20 plus minutes, climbed in and out of a picnic bench and walked up some stairs to get back inside. I didn’t get stiff or any pain so that was good. Lifting tonight kind of woke it up but no bad. I think they released the new Macan yesterday. Our dealer invited us to an after hours event but we didn’t go.

Poor Marty only slept an hour last night. He did make it home okay though. He is all excited the guy he has been talking to about renting a space for his gym is making in an offer that seems almost too good to be true. He is willing to lower the rent for a while until Marty gets more clients. My best friend is a project manager so is coming over to talk to him about a business model. I hope it works out for him as he is pretty excited about it.

Speaking of lifting and being healthy - we both ate a donut for supper. Yes, you read that right. There is a new coffee / donut shop in town. I checked my stalking app to see if Marty was home yet and he was at the donut shop - so I sent him a text saying my stalking app tells me you are the new donut shop - I want a yellow cake with chocolate frosting please. They put 2 of them in the bag so each of us ate a donut for supper. Too funny. He said his espresso was really good too.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you girls! I will be back later to respond to each of you hopefully. This AM I have an emergency podiatrist appointment. Yup the fun never ends. Last night my toe became red and swollen and hot and painful. Here we go again. Sigh. Texted my podiatrist who is in surgery all day today but when he saw the photo of my toe said to meet him at the office before his surgical day begins. So off we are going soon. More needles and toenail ripping out today. And probably I will need antibiotics too. I hate leaving francesca but we will be back hopefully within a couple of hours.

I will return later to chat with each of you individually. I am sorry I have been absent from your lives lately. Just been spending all our energy on and with Francesca. All day yesterday by her side.

Francesca Update:
We brought Francesca home yesterday and we have been with her by her side since. She has been alternately purring very loudly and meowing very loudly. Not sure why she is meowing crying so much as that is not her MO so yes I am worried but she is also purring so I am hoping she is just recovering from her traumatic stay at the animal hospital.

She woke us at 2 AM and we couldn't quiet her/calm her so I have been awake with her since 2AM. Siting in the living room having coffee while she is by my side. She did eat a bit and seems to graze every few hours so that is good but she has not pooped since Friday. The food last seen in her stomach at the hospital and has not entered the small intestine yet (where the mass is partially blocking the lumen) so that is concerning. We are hoping the chemo drugs will shrink the mass allowing food to pass more easily.

We are giving her 2 chemo drugs, Vitamin B12 injections, an appetite stimulant, and antibiotics because her lymphoma is infected. Which was what alerted us to the fact something was wrong. Because of the infection she wasn't feeling well and had a fever and we then discovered the mass and the aspirate showed it was lymphoma and inoperable.

If this double chemo doesn't work there is another treatment (I forget the term for it maybe CHOP) that involves bringing her to the oncologist at an animal hospital for IV infusions of chemo drugs. It's more aggressive and also more traumatizing to the animal. My sister feels the first method that involves giving her the chemo drugs the way we are doing it is what we should try first. She said we should know within a week or 2 if it is helping. If not we can go to the second option at the animal hospital where oncologists practice and can administer the chemo infusions. But it will make her feel very sick so we don't want to go that route first.

I will add that if she begins suffering and we cannot relieve her suffering we will not take extraordinary measures to keep her alive no matter what. Neither Greg nor I believe that life must be saved at all costs. No. Rather it is quality of life that we are trying to preserve. If we cannot do that for Francesca we will give her peace. I of course feel sick thinking about it as she is not only our sweet baby and a sweetheart but way too young to be facing death but it is a fact that what she has is lethal. What we are trying to do by treating is give her some quality time left in her too short life. She deserves a chance. But if she begins to suffer and we cannot relieve that suffering we will give her peace.

We are so happy to have her home but anxious that we aren't equipped to help her the way she needs to be helped. But no question it's the right decision having her here with us. She is purring up a storm despite her meowing and we will gladly take any time with her where she is happy and is not suffering. Not sure about why she is meowing so much and that does concern me but she has been home less than a day so we will see how that goes.

Thank you everyone for all your well wishes for our sweet girl Francesca. Aka Frankie.

Picking her up yesterday...man was she ready to come home. She was meowing don't you leave me here again today.

frankiecominghome.png

Sitting on my chair (her favorite) in the den.
Screen Shot 2019-06-13 at 5.22.47 AM.png

Sitting on me as I read in the den.

readingwithfrankie.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-13 at 5.23.40 AM.png

Looking out the window just happy to be home
Screen Shot 2019-06-13 at 5.23.15 AM.png

Eating a bit every few hours. We have to work at making sure she eats. She has lost 2 lbs and she was very light to begin with so she cannot afford the weight loss. I realize this might be very challenging if she isn't feeling well to get her to eat. Just happy she is eating something. We are giving her an appetite stimulant to help.

frankieeating.png

Hanging out on the couch with us or rather behind us to catch the sun.
frankieinsunoncouch.png

She is a sun ho.:P2

frankielayinginsun.png

That's the update folks. Francesca meows a big thank you to all of you lovely PSers. And sends you furry hugs.
And I am sending each of you big hugs too. Thank you from Greg and me and Frankie.:kiss2:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@marcy I keep having these any time I do not want to think through breakfast, lunch or dinner - www ; they are the largest suggar cookies I have ever met. Body seems to know what to make of them, for now.

@missy Good to hear you have everything under control - to the extent possible, since this is as much as anyone can ask.

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy? Just drop by to say the world is still turning, if it is still turning! (I was writing, while you were! - reading...)

Hi @AV_ as I sit here writing to you I am surrounded by kitties purring. Francesca and Fred are by my side. Frankie sitting on me as I type and Fred next to me touching me. Both purring. If only I could make this moment last forever...

Thank you @sarahb @stepcutnut and @canuk-gal
Thank you to @junebug17 @Austina @Mamabean @Slick1 @ringo865 @Calliecake @Tekate @marcy @VRBeauty @rainwood @CJ2008 @Sunstorm and anyone else I inadvertently left out on my 2 hours of sleep total last night and probably 2 hours more total for the past 3 days. Thank you all so much. It really helps knowing you guys care and are sending Frankie good wishes and positive vibes and healing hugs and energy.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Hi @AV_ as I sit here writing to you I am surrounded by kitties purring. Francesca and Fred are by my side. Frankie sitting on me as I type and Fred next to me touching me. Both purring. If only I could make this moment last forever...

Obviously, you need a photographer.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Obviously, you need a photographer.

Perhaps but for me a photograph brings only fleeting happiness. Nothing like the real thing. Holding my little girl as she purrs contently. No photo can compare to that. And when she is gone nothing will comfort us. It's a cruel world filled with pain and sadness and despair. I wish at times like this I was not sensitive as life is harder for those of us (and that includes all the NIRDIs I believe) who feel things strongly and are highly sensitive people. I am mainly angry that she is being taken from us at so young an age. We lost our darling Butch when he was 7 from an aggressive cancer, Buster when he was a bit older (cannot remember the exact age but he wasn't super young) and now Francesca has so little time left.

For now we will rejoice at having our dear Francesca at home with us while she is content and happy. We will embrace this moment and hold it in our hearts. As we do for all the happy memories. We have no regrets with Francesca. We always showed her how much she was and is loved. Adored and pampered. She knows.

I regret that we cannot give her a long happy life. I regret we cannot save her. I regret we failed her in this very critical way. But I know we are doing all we can and are limited by what medicine and science has to offer. However I still regret this so very much.

I am very angry and very sad simultaneously. We have only had 7 cats in our family over the past 2 decades and almost half of them have died from cancer. Those odds suck and Cancer sucks. It all stinks.

I know many of you get it and have felt the pain of this loss. I am so very sorry. And I apologize for bringing up such sad bittersweet memories for those of you who have experienced such a tragic loss. @junebug17 (((hugs))) and to all of you (((hugs))).

:(:(:(

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad she is home with you @missy and Greg, and FWIW I would do exactly the same, I don’t believe in prolonging life if that life is pain and misery. When we got the shock diagnosis that Dottie had hemangiosarcoma 3 years ago, we were told if it had spread, she only had a month. Like you, our only thoughts were that we wouldn’t let her suffer, even though we weren’t ready to let her go.

This is the price we pay for loving our precious furries, however long they’re with us, it’ll never be long enough. It’s hard at times like these to appreciate the fact that without you and Greg, she wouldn’t have known such love and care. Try and get some rest during the day, and I hope everything went well at the podiatrist. xxx

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy If you couldn't write here of such things, this wouldn't be NIRDI.

No, I would not expect cats to live less than mid/late teens... and would have not immagined your 'luck' for heartbreak with them ,((( How could this be!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad she is home with you @missy and Greg, and FWIW I would do exactly the same, I don’t believe in prolonging life if that life is pain and misery. When we got the shock diagnosis that Dottie had hemangiosarcoma 3 years ago, we were told if it had spread, she only had a month. Like you, our only thoughts were that we wouldn’t let her suffer, even though we weren’t ready to let her go.

This is the price we pay for loving our precious furries, however long they’re with us, it’ll never be long enough. It’s hard at times like these to appreciate the fact that without you and Greg, she wouldn’t have known such love and care. Try and get some rest during the day, and I hope everything went well at the podiatrist. xxx

Thank you Austina. I cannot bring myself to get Francesca off my lap but soon I must get ready for the podiatrist and leave as he is a distance away.
I agree the price of loving our sweet furbabies is the pain we have when we lose them.

Grief is the price we pay for love

:(

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy I’m in Rehoboth but have kept you, Greg, and Francesca on my mind..I’ve been reading to keep up in how she’s doing. I’m happy she is with you both giving her love and snuggles.
I’m sorry about your toe. You guys need a break..
((((((((HUGS))))))
Hello girlfriends..Talk to you later when I’m home.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, I'm glad Francesca is home with you now and I'm sending you all lots of love and good thoughts. Please try to take care of yourself a little too - get some rest today if you can, even if you just lie down for a while. And I'm sorry about your toe, it picked a very bad time to act up. (((Hugs)))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am back. Toe surgery complete. He took a lot of the nail and well it isn't pretty. But I hardly feel the pain today as all I care about is our francesca. Who I am back with again by her side typing to you now. She is so freaking cute though waking me at 2AM for the rest of the day not so cute but gladly I take it and pray she can be around to keep waking me for a very long time.

While we were driving to and from the podiatrist I wrote a poem. Some might say morbid but it helps me get my feelings out. I hope it is OK to share. It's pretty rough but I don't want to polish it and make it elegant. It's how I am feeling and so I will share. Thank you for reading. And thank you dear @junebug17 and @Mamabean and everyone. XO.

As I hold my darling little girl
I know that soon it's the end of our world

Francesca our baby and sweet little dear
She is leaving us soon and will not be here

No more love from our girl
no more meowy purrs

no more cuddling at night
No more hugging you near

It was all so right
Now it’s a waking nightmare

When she is gone
Our world will be forlorn

only gray skies will remain
There will be no more sun

How is this happening
This world really stinks

taking our daughter
Our sassy sweet minx

It’s a nightmare come true
Unbelievable and cruel

How can this be
Not our dear sweet Frankie

She just turned 10 but 2 months ago
Now she has cancer and it won't let go

Lymphoma so unrelenting
Taking her very essence of being

My girl full of life, so loving, so adoring
Bringing us joy every single moment of her being

Now cancer is robbing us and stealing her away
We will never be happy another day

Sassy little frankie
The apple of our eye
Sweet like sugar
Now she will die

Her life way too short in length
Though quality we shared
and from that we will gain strength
Remembering her so dear

But our grief will be so strong
Until we are reunited once more
The pain will be always be there
Missing our francesca our sweet little dear

Before her time she is going away
sharing with us no more sunshiney days
That is what hurts and stings so bad
Losing her like this makes us so sad
It outweighs the anger and fills us with despair
Holding onto her tight while she is still here

Everywhere I go I see my dear little girl
The pain is so deep I can hardly breathe
The pain so strong for Greg and for me
But mainly the hurt is for our dear Frankie
like we’ve all been sucker punched
Huge understatement that it sucks

She deserved to be here longer with us
to pamper and adore her and cause quite the fuss
We love her so much words cannot express
How much we love francesca
our sweet little princess

Dear Frankie hang on please feel well as long as you can
We don't want to be selfish but we need you with us little ma'am
When the time is right we will know
And that is the time we will let you go

Until then let us love and comfort you
And when we can no more
we will end your suffering
For you we so much adore
We will give you eternal peace
from this life filled with strife
Though there was a time it was oh so all right
Being with you nothing compared
You sweet little baby our Francesca dear

Soon at Rainbow Bridge you will be
with all of our past beloved furry babies
All the little boys and you our sweet little lady

Billy and Butch and Buster too
and lots of cousins will be there to join you
Apache and Oscar,
Jessie and Harley
Simon and Gunther
and so many others
Zoe will be there as well
Junie's little girl
So sweet and beautiful
Life is so cruel

And I cannot forget
my dearest grandma
We too will be reunited
Oh how I miss her

One day Daddy and I will also be there
To join all of you, my sweet Frankie dear

And reunited we will be
once again forever happy

Life is cruel and often unkind
But we will be together
forever
another time

We love you sweet Francesca
our dearest little girl
We always have
you’re so much of our world

Please know in our hearts you will always be
Our sweetest sassy dearest little Frankie

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, I am so sorry :cry2: I know how hard and painful this is. Xoxoxoxo

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls! Sorry I didn't respond to your individual posts over the past few days. Hope everyone is well. As I write this I am sitting with HRH sleeping on my lap making funny noises. She is super sweet and precious. OMG like sugar.:kiss2:

@junebug17 hope being back home here is nice and that you are doing well. Sending you good thoughts and hugs. Weekend plans?

@Mamabean how is your vacation going at Rehoboth? Are you having fun with your girlfriends? Glad the plumber got the toilet to fit. My Aunt and Uncle have a septic system. I think it's a pain but don't know anything about it. Hug Bailey from me please. Sweet baby. They all shed a lot but it's OK. That's why we have vacuums lol. Sorry your plumber got hurt. Hope he is OK.

@marcy how was Marty's NYC trip? Sorry about the dental torture you experienced this week. How are you feeling now? Woohoo it's almost Friday. Yummy to donuts for dinner haha and yes to espresso too. Sorry Marty slept an hour the other night. We have that in common. Not enough sleep. Hopefully he will be back to his normal sleeping patterns soon. Good luck with the renting of the gym space. Sounds promising.

@Tekate still raining? It was raining cats and dogs here this AM but now the sun is coming out. How is Autie, Mike, Cara, Chris, Katie? How is your dh doing? How are you feeling? Hug Salley from me please. Yes shedding is the order of the day with furbabies lol.

@Slick1 have fun this weekend at the shower. Hope you are feeling well. Hugs.

@Austina so glad the plumber fixed the leak. Water inside the house is the enemy. Glad you nipped it in the bud. How's Shirley doing? Thinking of her and hope all is well and calm by you. So nice that you sponsor guide dogs. Very sweet. I love that. Nice you got a safe installed. Keep Bella safe.:mrgreen2:

@Calliecake so pleased your great niece enjoyed the dresses. Like I told you my nieces when they were younger loved getting fancy party dresses from me too. It's a great gift. Especially when they are girly girls. Hope you're enjoying your new sweet car.

@ringo865 hope treatment is going smoothly and you are receiving great news.

@sarahb thank you so much. You're so sweet. How are you? How is your family? Hope all is well.(((Hugs))).

@canuk-gal thank you dear. How is everything by you? How's sis and family doing? I hope you are getting to enjoy cycling and the snow is long gone. Sending you hugs.

@stepcutnut oh honey I am so sorry about Sasha. Thank you for the rec re cold laser and acupuncture. I will look into it. Francesca and I are sending you gentle hugs. I agree black kitties rule.

SO the podiatrist removed the nail but for some reason the bleeding is very heavy still. I have soaked trough 6 bandages together. Not thinking about it now because we have bigger issues.

So Debbie spoke to the oncologist. Francesca has a very aggressive dangerous lymphoma-more dangerous than we originally thought and her cancer probably won't respond to the drugs and the location makes it even more dangerous. Proximal duodenum. SO easily can perforate and kill her immediately. Basically it is even much worse than we thought. No matter what we do the prognosis is terrible. :(:(:(

Reactions: AV_

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean OMG, I am so glad your plumber found out before Mt Vesuvius happened! Joanne, even my groomer was shocked at how much Salley sheds! ha!

@marcy John can cook, but most times he doesn't, but that man follows recipes to the T! I'm a 'what is 1tbl of butter when 2 will be better!" :) A man who can cook a a man to keep. I know about dental hygeniest, some are very good, and some believe in pain. Power I guess ;-) I'm patiently awaiting Ever Marcy, next week sometime!. Glad Marty got home safely :) and glad you had a donut for dinner, I have been eating malted milk balls all day! sometimes we do what is good for our souls!

@Austina what a wonderful way to help someone Austina, I admire what you are doing and the puppy is wonderful, cute and perfect, thank you for doing this.

@junebug17 Hi June, thank you for your kind words about the new porch furniture, it's raining today (all day) but yesterday I read for a bit on one of the chairs, it's heaven.. Thank you again. And June, what do you find hard with the lettering? I know for me it would definitely be a steady hand :) xo

@missy I am so sorry to read about your toe Missy, that sucks.

I am very sorry that Francesca has lymphoma, I agree with all you say and I think you are doing exactly what we would be doing for our furrchild, but we are lucky that we will not go that step to prolong life if the quality of life is bad, we did that with our dog Daisy in 2013. I know excactly how you are feeling, I think we all do. I am sending Greg a hug too Missy, your family is threatened by cancer and it's very painful, upsetting and damn sad. You are the best furparent I know, and above all Missy, I think Frankie is happy with YOU and Greg, like us, our animals feel most comfortable in their own homes. I wish I could wave a wand and make it okay for you. I really do. She is a beautiful and regal feline, this is why I love cats, they are so loving and so proud.

Please Please try to get some sleep.. I hope you can, I understand this is a double whammy with your thyroid and now worry about your baby.. ((MISSY))...

Missy, please know you didn't fail Francesca, if someone else had raised her she may never have had such a lovely, loving life. When my Daisy was diagnosed with hemangiosarcoma I flipped, truly flipped, we MADE her walk around the HOT austin weather when she didn't want to, she would get out of the pool and stumble back in, she was sick and I didn't know it, I felt guilty and still do that I couldn't see this.. Don't blame yourself for anything, because we are the best furmoms and dads around. Be good to yourself.

Your poem is raw, beautiful, honest and loving. A tribute.

Last edited:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Missy HRH's meow face was adorable! ROAR! Hope your toe improves. Ingrown toenails plague my son--he'll have to visit a podiatrist soon for the same nail reduction treatment.

Gorgeous weather, enjoying long bike rides and walking in parks.

Shout out to all NIRDI's:wavey:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, I’m so glad Francesca is back home cuddling with her mom. Sending good thoughts and dust that her medicine is shipped and she can begin her treatment. I’m praying this works for Frankie and she tolerates the treatment well. I’m sure she is thrilled to be home. I’m sorry about the toe now being added to an already awful week. Please try to rest and relax when you get home. You need some sleep and your sweet little cuddling buddy will be more than happy to take a long nap next to her mom. Gosh universe, please give Missy a break.

@Tekate, We are all anxiously awaiting Ever’s arrival!!! We can’t wait to this stone on your finger Kate. What has Autie been up to. It’s so much fun to live vicariously thru the NIRDI’s jewelry purchases and @Austina and @junebug17 fun vacations. Did you post a pic of the new lawn furniture???
Now I want malted milk balls. I haven’t had those in years.

@junebug17 , How have your been? Can you explain the lettering kit? I have no idea what this is.

@Mamabean, Thank goodness the septic issues was fixed before you had a much larger problem and mess on your hands. Virginia is beautiful. It will be great to be near your Son, DIL and grandchild and fun to find a new home. Think of all the fun you will have decorating and exploring a new town/area. My husband almost took a job in Virginia 20 years ago. We have thought of Virginia for retirement because it was so beautiful and the taxes were so low too. I hear you on going out to eat for the holidays. My side of the family have gone out to dinner the past few Christmas Eve’s and we all loved it. We go to a very nice restaurant that we all love and spend 3 hours having a really nice time together. No one is stuck in the kitchen, no clean-up. It’s worked out great since the kids in the family often spend Christmas Eve with their spouses families.

@marcy, Is your mouth feeling better today? I’m sorry you have pain with your knees. After a certain age our bodies have a way of talking or yelling at us when we do too much. Have you seen pictures of the new Macan? Did they change the body style? I feel bad for the guy in your astronomy club. So glad Marty is back home and loved your donut for dinner story. There is a lemon meringue pie in our refrigerator that is looking like a fantastic dinner option LOL!

@av, I would love to go on one of your walks with you.

It’s been kind of a crummy week. I passed a kidney stone late Monday afternoon. We spent almost 6 hours late Monday PM finding out what is going in and thinking it was a kidney infection, Poor DH went to the doctor with me thinking it would be a quick trip and then we would be off to our favorite pizza restaurant. Instead he got McDonalds at 11:00 PM and stuck in a room watching me drink some liquid to get ready for a contrast scan. After an ultrasound and then a CT scan, we found out I have another kidney stone they are hoping I can pass on my own. I saw a urologist on Tuesday who said If I don’t pass it I will have to have surgery to remove it due to the size and location of the stone. So far it’s still there. It’s been a fun couple days.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Missy, your poem full of raw and heartbreaking yet loving emotions made me cry. I hate to hear Francesca’s diagnosis. I am glad she is eating a little bit and happy to be home. I am sorry you had to have your toenail removed again today. I hope you get more sleep tonight. Marty’s trip to NYC was good. He got everything done with his client on Monday so he worked from his hotel on Tuesday and got to go out exploring. My mouth is better today. Thanks.

AV, sugar cookies work for breakfast, lunch and dinner. They look like nan.

Mamabean, I hope you are enjoying Rehoboth.

Junebug, I hope you are having a good week.

Kate, Mount Vesuvius would have been a mess for poor Mamabean! Definitely a bad hygienist definitely will inflict some pain. Too funny that John follows recipes closely; other than baking I try this and take myself. Marty started cooking quite a bit once we moved in to this house. Malted milk balls sound good - are they Whoopers? I get a craving for those sometimes. I am quite anxious to see your glamour shots from WF of Ever.

Sharon, that’s great you are having nice weather and enjoying some bike rides and lovely walks.

Not much going on here. Sadly, I didn’t get a donut for supper. I spent about 3 hours today revising a report and then recording a macro in Google sheets only to find the macro didn’t record everything for my report. Sigh. I swear I am going to buy my own copy of Excel and beg IT to load it on my computer.

I am watching the open at Pebble Beach and sure wish I was there again.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Callie, we were posting about the same time. I think it's a great idea to go out for Christmas dinner with everyone. I even offer to buy but my one sister and her family simply will not come. Like you say it is so nice to be able to just sit and visit. I have not checked out the new Macan yet; I might go look after I post this. Lemon meringue pie sounds really good and that makes a perfectly good dinner. OUCH!!! I am so sorry to hear about your kidney stone; I hope it passes and you don't need surgery. You must be miserable. Take it easy and feel better soon.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Callie, I forgot to comment about our bodies rebelling as we get older; I told someone at work today I feel at least 10 years old than my age today. My knee and feet are talking to me and it seems like they are shouting and cursing at me. :lol:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh @marcy, I’m sorry about your feet and knee hurting. It’s not fun when our minds feel like we are 25 and our body feels like we are closer to 70. Thank you for you kind words Marcy.

You peaked my curiosity so I just looked up the 2020 Macan. The 2020 model will have minor changes.

Last edited:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh @marcy, I’m sorry about your feet and knee hurting. It’s not fun when our minds feel like we are 25 and our body feels like we are closer to 70. Thank you for you kind words Marcy.

You peaked my curiosity so I just looked up the 2020 Macan. The 2020 model will have minor changes.
Looks like the touch screen is bigger and they have new exterior colors. The back looks a little different. Luckily I still like mine.

Thank you about my feet and knees.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results