shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know how much you’ll have hated leaving her @missy, but she’s in the best place for now, and you know Debbie will make sure she’s well taken care of. Have a safe journey back.

If good thoughts alone could make her better, you know she’d be all better by now. Come on little girl, we’re all willing you well. xxx

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending lots of get well dust to Francesca. Take comfort in knowing she is with Debbie and Brian. You know she is being well taken care of. Fluids work wonders especially if she was severely dehydrated. Sending good thoughts to you Missy. Anxiously waiting good news.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending mega dust for sweet Francesca.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Tekate, You have so many fun times ahead of you with Autie. We went to one of our grand nieces birthday party this weekend. I get her clothes for her birthday’s and this year was feeling kind of down that this is what her parents expect me to get her. I worry about not being a fun enough aunt to her. It turns out I worried for nothing.

My grand niece was letting her two little girlfriends help her open her presents. One of the girls said she wanted to open the big box that was from me. My little niece told her that she wanted to open that one. She was excited and giggling and said that she knew there were lots of dresses in that box.

An argument ensued with her mom as she was trying things on to make sure we got the right sizes. She wanted to wear one of her new dresses right way. Her mom wanted her to save this dress for a party they are attending in a few weeks. My little niece said “It’s my favorite dress and it’s MY birthday!” I told her mom to let her wear it. She watched me order another one of the same dress that she can put away for the party she wanted her to wear it to.

All of this was to tell you Kate that I can’t wait for you to go thru all the fun steps of Autie’s Life. I feel so lucky that we now have two more little ones In our family.

@Austina, Are you feeling more comfortable about visiting Shirley? Has she seemed more like herself this past week?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Debbie just called. It's the worst possible news. Most likely duodenal cancer. The prognosis is poor. No chance of recovery. Waiting on the biopsy results to know for sure which will take a couple of days. Our baby is jut 10. Both Greg and I are heartbroken. Thanks for all your good wishes and I apologize because I am probably not up to responding individually to you lovely ladies. I don't even want to go on without our Francesca.:cry2:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so sorry @missy. Poor little Francesca, I know how horrible it is to receive news like this. You will do what is right for her, because you love her so and won’t let her suffer. Thinking of you and Greg at this awful time. xxx :(2

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy I’m so sorry....Words can’t express how bad I feel about this devastating news. @Austina said it better than I could. Just know we care about you and are hurting for you. Tommy needs you and all the kitties that depend on you both. xxxxoooo

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so very sorry @missy, this is just awful and I am heartbroken for you and Greg. I know no words can comfort you but I am thinking of you and sending support and love. Xoxox

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Words fail except to say that miracles happen. I am sad you both are experiencing this stressful time.

kind regards--Sharon

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry @missy to hear this news. I am so sad for you and Greg. Know that we are sending all the love over the miles your way. You’ve given Francesca a wonderful, full life. Sometimes there is no understanding the why. ((Hugs)) ♥️

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Calliecake gosh, that is wonderful, I LOVE BEING AN AUNT AND GREAT AUNT. I appreciate sooo much Callie the time you took to write your truly wonderful story about a sweetiepie grandniece, aunts and nieces are very special. I loved my aunt(s).

xoxoxo Callie girl.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy no words I can say will comfort you in the pain Missy. HRH is beautiful, like you. I know this feeling of utter pain, when the vet says, "I think it's hemangiosarcoma" in my case with my dog Daisy.

It's all about the love Francesca gave you Missy, we as humans love our animals, but when our furkid loves us back it's just so so so wonderful, so pure. I am here anytime Missy. Sending you the arms of love Missy and Greg. And you will go on because Francesca is in all our hearts who know and have been loved by our furkids.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I am so sorry to hear about Francesca; I am heartsick with you and for you and Greg. I am keeping you all in my thoughts. Big hugs to you.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s! I am so far behind. That will teach me to watch 18 hours of two TV series this weekend.

Slick1, nice that you will have the summer off; you deserve some time for yourself and hopefully can relax a lot. Darn that the C Diff keeps coming back.

Missy, I totally enjoyed your photos from yesterday. You have such a lovely family.

Mamabean, my recommendation is don’t add up what you’ve spent on jewelry. It’s a harsh reality I don’t like to face. I think it’s a great idea to buy a diamond you can upgrade when you can. I LOVE having upgrade options. I did totally enjoy The White Queen and The White Princess series; Marty didn’t care for them either but he’ll either read or head down to the man cave. I had to look up a few people and find a chart of the Royal families; I decided they were a bunch of blood thirsty, backstabbing, nasty, lying and cheating people. I don’t think lifting led to this knee pain but I think it kind of aggravated it. My knee cap is out of alignment and kind of slipped so if I bent it back too much or at an angle it kind of catches. I would not try the injections because I have so many allergies I would be afraid to try them. I am so sorry to hear about your friend falling and having so much trouble. Your neck sounds painful; I hope when you do have to get injections it helps. It’s hard to cook big meals when you are on a diet. Marty eats so much food I feel like I am doing dishes all the time; he uses more pots and pans plus makes more of a mess than I do. I guess he could have worse habits. I am with you on washing everything on your bed. I have a top loader with low agitator and those cotton blankets make it hop all over the place. But i want clean bedding. I like the looks of the Discovery; that is too bad its high. Good luck finding something that works.

Austina, too funny about Colin not doing things the way you would. Marty and I have had several intense conversations along those lines. I will never forget the day he was cooking supper when I came home. He was boiling 2 ears of corn on the cob; it a 15” skillet about 3 inches high and full of boiling water. The corn was spinning around and water was splashing everywhere. I’m like um why are you using a skilled to boil corn? He’s like why? Oh no for getting all of your jewelry evaluated; I’d do that on my own so Marty can’t “see” everything at once. Of course he’s watches aren’t cheap either. Ha!

Kate, I hope Ever is perfect for you. I am pretty happy with my 1.5 carat ACA so I can’t imagine how dazzling your Ever will be on your finger. I am sorry you’ve had so much pain and replaced your hips plus need work on your shoulder. I have seen an orthopedic surgeon before. I had the orthoscopic surgery and both knees realigned about 30 years ago and was told at some point I’d need my knees replaced. My biggest concern is being allergic to what they put in me; the list of things I’m not allergic to is smaller than what will bother me. Your friend does live in the prettiest part of the state. Sweet. Autie is adorable and UT’s cutest fan.

Sharon, sorry your weather has been cool. We’ve had snow and frost around the state this weekend. We squeaked in to the 70’s finally today.

Callie, I keep telling people the only way they are getting me to a doctor is to catch me first; sadly that won’t be hard these days. Ha Ha. I too have learned to try and keep quiet when Marty is doing things around the house; they are trying to help us. I quit giving him tips in the kitchen because he was getting really mad about it. That is too cute your grand niece wanted to open the present from you.

Work was boring today but I did get about 12 more pages of my procedures manual copied over from Microsoft Publisher to Google Docs. I could have done more but it’s a total snooze fest.

How awful about the helicopter crash in Manhattan. Marty was at his hotel one block down and over from where it happened. Very sad and scary.

I have an early dentist appointment. Boo. I hate getting up early.

Take care.
Marcy

I thought this joke was perfect for those of us who give our husbands helpful hints.
upload_2019-6-10_21-46-3.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Girls, thank you for your support and comforting words. I want you to know I am reading everything but don't have the energy to respond properly. I shared some thoughts in the fur baby thread @Luvallgems started the other day. I almost missed her thread because I was barely reading PS at that time. I will copy and past here my thoughts this morning.

Thank you all for your good thoughts and prayers for our sweet little Francesca. Greg and I feel like we have been sucker punched. The pain is intense and my heart literally hurts. I managed only an hour of sleep last night. Francesca used to lay by my side and stretch out right next to me her face in my face and every time I would wake up (which was often almost every hour) she would move and purr and we would cuddle all over again when I would get up to use the restroom. She would just lay there waiting for me as I gently moved her away so I could get out of bed and then assume the positions again of cuddling. And she would do her low purr so comforting and sweet.

Everywhere I look I see where Francesca used to be. Always in my lap when we were watching TV, by our side no matter what we were doing in the house. Playing her hide and seek game before bed with Greg. "Nursing" Greg every morning by gently and sometimes not so gently licking the salt off his arm.

And she would look up at us and do a silent meow which would get us every time when she wanted something. It was an almost silent meow with just a little sound coming out. The most adorable sound.

I am crying as I type this. I didn't think I would be able to share memories of her yet but I don't know what to do with myself. I feel like I am jumping out of my skin. I feel so much pain. For what she is going through right now and how she is suffering and doesn't understand what is happening.

My sister said we have to wait to get the aspiration results back and they might not be conclusive and then we need a surgeon to take an actual biopsy and at that time depending on what they find she might be euthanized as they don't want to closer her back up and wake her up just to put her down. It wouldn't be fair to her.

But we cannot euthanize her til we have a definitive diagnosis. My sister feels depending on the type of duodenal cancer we can treat and buy her some quality time. Or we might not be able to but we don't yet have enough information and won't have any more info till 48 hours from the aspiration that took place yesterday afternoon. So we wait. And Francesca is on IV fliuds/ anti nausea meds and some other things. She has a catheter in her and she is pretty much immobilized at the animal hospital. 2 and a half hours away from us. She is despondent and depressed and nothing we do comforts her but that is understandable. Thinking about what our sweet baby is going through is a horrifying nightmare and I want us all to wake up from it but I know there is no waking up from it.

Thank you for letting me share my thoughts and thank you for your kind and comforting words. It does help a little bit but as most of you understand this pain because you have furbabies of your own there really is nothing that will make us feel better short of a miracle. We haven't even had her 10 years yet. We rescued her 10 years ago this coming July. She was born I think in April of 2009. The year our Billy died. In many ways this is worse than our Billy dying because of her young age and because it was an all of a sudden diagnosis. One minute she was fine and the next incapacitated. It happened literally within a few hours.

frankieonblinds.jpg
Francesca as a baby.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy I hate farewells & life is rife ... ,(((

Obviously you can and will do anything possible & reasonable. Your recounting life with Francesca tells me you two have a thing going!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy My heart breaks for you and Greg...xxxxxxxooooooo

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I hate farewells & life is rife ... ,(((

Yes me too. Somehow this is more painful than any other loss I can remember. Because of her age and because of the out of the blue diagnosis. She was fine Saturday afternoon and not fine Saturday evening. Just like that. BAM.
I cannot describe the pain we are feeling right now. And I appreciate you girls just being here listening and comforting and praying for Francesca. I dont want her pain to continue. I cannot bear her suffering yet we cannot do anything til we have a more specific diagnosis about what type of cancer cells they are. This waiting knowing she is suffering is most excruciating. I want her to be at peace if we cannot save her and we have no choice but to wait. :cry2:

Reactions: AV_

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy My heart breaks for you and Greg...xxxxxxxooooooo

Thank you dear Joanne. Words fail me now. All I can think of is Francesca's pain. There are no words.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
... entirely irrelevant like most beautiful things are (yet - I'd rather have & see them when the worst hits!):

From my Sunday walk:
Screenshot_20190611-123905.png
Screenshot_20190611-123847.png Screenshot_20190611-123836.png Screenshot_20190611-123646.png

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending love and hugs your way @missy ♥️

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending love and hugs your way @missy ♥️

Thank you @Slick1. And thank you to @junebug17, @Tekate @Calliecake, @Mamabean, @canuk-gal, @AV_ @marcy @Austina @ringo865 and everyone who contacted me offline too. I want you to know I appreciate every single kind comforting word and your good thoughts and prayers for Francesca. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Please forgive me for not being able right now to respond in more depth to each and everyone of you. I know you understand.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In 2010.

francescaasababyin2010.jpeg

frankie2010onbed.jpg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
She’s so sweet...I love the photo of her on your blinds too.
@missy...I’m sure your sister is making sure she is comfortable and not in pain...Please don’t worry about that...

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, I am so sorry and I understand the pain you are in, this is such a shock and so traumatizing. Sending love and support to you and Greg, and keeping sweet Francesca in my thoughts and prayers.
(((Hugs)))

Eta...and yes, Joanne is right, I'm sure your sister is making her comfortable so please try not to worry.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Junie and Joanne. Debbie isn’t at work again til Thursday and can’t make it in til then as her schedule is super crazy. Greg and I are deliberating if we should make the drive today or wait. I don’t think it would bring comfort to Francesca right now based on yesterday how she was with us. And it’s very stormy here so I’m not sure I want to make the 5 hour plus round trip for no comfort to her. Debbie assures me they’re keeping close watch on her and doing what they can. Brian is in today. We won’t have any results back today. And we’re discussing heading back to Brooklyn. Right now I can’t make any decisions. I am all muddled. Anxious. And just don’t know what to do. Plus Greg isn’t doing well either. Not sure I want to make him make that trip today.

Reactions: AV_

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Junie and Joanne. Debbie isn’t at work again til Thursday and can’t make it in til then as her schedule is super crazy. Greg and I are deliberating if we should make the drive today or wait. I don’t think it would bring comfort to Francesca right now based on yesterday how she was with us. And it’s very stormy here so I’m not sure I want to make the 5 hour plus round trip for no comfort to her. Debbie assures me they’re keeping close watch on her and doing what they can. Brian is in today. We won’t have any results back today. And we’re discussing heading back to Brooklyn. Right now I can’t make any decisions. I am all muddled. Anxious. And just don’t know what to do. Plus Greg isn’t doing well either. Not sure I want to make him make that trip today.
You are probably getting the storms we got yesterday. I wouldn’t travel in that..Some of it was so severe I got flooding in my basement last night. We have a nice day here today...It may be better for you to wait where you are and go or stay wherever is closer to Great Neck before her biopsy...xoxo

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Considering the weather and distance, and how upset you and Greg are, I don't think I'd make the trip today @missy.

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Joanne and Junie. I think we’re going to visit her. I feel like we’re deserting her if we don’t at least try. To comfort her. Though I am doubtful it will bring her comfort I feel we have to try. I appreciate you girls so much. I’m going out of my mind.

Debbie’s text to me just now

She may not want anything to do w anyone, but I still think it brings comfort to sick animals to have their loved ones present.
You can't make it worse. ”

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results