carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

@junebug17 hope you had a safe trip back and are comfy cozy at home. I think I heard this AM on the news that wet weather is coming to the Southeast so glad you escaped that and are home and enjoyed a wonderful time away. Thinking of you every day and sending you comforting virtual hugs and well wishes. You are on my mind. {{{Hugs}}}.

@Keeliamira so happy your surgery is over and you are on your way to a full recovery and hoping any follow up medical news is good news. Fingers still crossed for your DH's new job prospect and OMG I LOVE your new house and that kitchen. Wow!:kiss2: Jumping up and down for you that good things are happening finally and sending you and your dear family continued well wishes.:appl:

@AV_ haha yes there is little ice cream won't help.:lickout: Or at least that is what I tell myself.:whistle: Today might be an ice cream free day though :(sad because we have to get to Costco today or run out of food and that means cutting our cycling short as I start fading around 4 PM so need to get back before 2PM and head to Costco which means we cannot make Days which doesn't generally open till Noon and is 20 miles from us so logistically I don't see ice cream happening today unless Dave opens early...

Yes we are always here to encourage and support and do anything we can to cheer you on dear AV. As for the Grandfather clock it is an old one from Greg's dad and there is a story connected to it that one day when I have the energy will share. It doesn't yet work and Greg has suspended work on it but one day he will get back to it. #notenoughtimeintheday 8)

@marcy darn I am sorry your feet/knees are sore and hope they feel better today. I get hot during the night too and can only sleep with certain material sheets that keep me cool...I have to check what those are. They are from Restoration Hardware and super silky smooth and cool. Yes I would so love for you to come and visit either here or NYC. That would be a thrill for me to meet you in person. I have met so many NIRDIs in person but not our dear Marcy not yet anyway...one day I hope! And remember we have HSS here just in case you want them to do your knee replacement...that's where Greg is going in the late autumn/early winter. Funny we ran into our friend Glenn while cycling yesterday and he had knee replacement 3 years ago and is back to 100%. We were chatting about it when we ran into him yesterday. He has a 7 month old puppy so we are going to have to visit him soon and play with his puppy. Yesterday we ran into him while he was on a job site. He is a builder/contractor and was doing a project. We saw his van and heard his voice while cycling through SG yesterday and yelled hey Glenny lolol he heard us and came out from the job site and we got to chat. SO much fun cycling and chatting with friends. Anyway just saying one day we will meet in real life. I know it.

And you are quite right. I hope that Lucy enjoyed her life but I still feel sad that she and Ricky divorced.:cry2: I am a hopeful romantic but in that case it didn't work out.:(sad

@Austina oh I would be tempted to try Gluten Free pizza but like you would think it might not taste good. My issue is not just the gluten so I am hopeless as I cannot have dairy or tomatoes either so I don't think pizza (gluten free or not) is in the cards for me. Oh well. Putting on my big girl panties and sucking it up. There are other foods I can enjoy but I won't lie. Not being able to enjoy pizza sucks.:(2 I am glad you can enjoy it still!

Oh no to your water issue and hope you can easily resolve it and yes I am with you. Keep your satellite TV appointment. I often have the same issue with cable vision and/or comcast and hold onto the appointment just in case.

Haha about before PS. I wish I could say the same. We got engaged with a 2.93 carat diamond and honestly it looked small to me at the time.:oops2: I swear I am not a spoiled brat though from my post it might look that way. I have always been a size ho what can I say lolol.

Thanks so much for asking about HRH. She was having breathing and coughing issues again and we gave her the strong steroid shot but unfortunately we messed up and she only got half of it. It is a difficult shot to give as the needle is super long but Debbie says we cannot give it again for at least a month to 2 months despite her only getting half due to a high risk of diabetes if one gives the shot too often. So we are waiting to see if it helps relieve her symptoms at all. Fingers crossed. How's Dottie doing?

@Mamabean we cycled to Mantoloking again yesterday and I took photos for you of some of the houses. Hope you enjoy! I will share it after I post to everyone. How's the new bling? Are you over the moon happy? I hope so, it's just beautiful. I am glad you found a good solution for your furbabies when the cleaners come. We dont really have anyplace we can put them away from the action. I wish we did. How is your week going?

@Slick1 good morning! I hope you had a good night and are feeling well. XO.

So we cycled over 70 miles yesterday and had a great day.

Screen Shot 2019-06-06 at 6.07.04 AM.png

We went to Mantoloking again and I got some more photos as Joanne expressed interest in the homes there. LOL I would love to have another beach house in Mantoloking on the sea. Maybe one day...and when we got home I had 2 more helmets waiting for me including the one Greg accidentally sent back. Not the exact same one as they still have not received that one yet but the same model and color. And I had turquoise blue cycling shoes waiting for me too! And I have another helmet coming soon and another pair of red cycling shoes. I like my Mavic red cycling shoes so much I ordered another pair while they had it in stock in my size. I love shopping what can I say. Cycling/shopping/cats/dh/sea and ice cream. Not in that order.:lol:

Some photos and then we are off for an abbreviated cycling day because we have to head to Costco. We have company coming Saturday and lots to do before then but all good things hopefully.

@Mamabean Joanne I have lots of photos I took for you but cannot share them all here (darn PS photo limit lol) unless you want me to and I will create another post of photos but probably this is sufficient...I definitely post too many photos (!) but here is a sampling. If you want I can message you the photos but probably this is enough. Come here and let's house hunt together.:whistle:
All of these are on the Ocean and there are many empty lots for sale...just saying.:Up_to_something:

Screen Shot 2019-06-06 at 6.08.01 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-06 at 6.09.03 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-06 at 6.08.49 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-06 at 6.08.31 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-06 at 6.08.21 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-06 at 6.08.08 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-06 at 6.08.01 AM.png

Our ice cream selection yesterday.

daysinjune2019.png

And as I wrote above when we got home I had 2 new helmets and new cycling shoes waiting for me. All in all a pretty perfect day.:halo:

Have a wonderful day girls and sending you all big (((hugs))).
For some reason PS won't let me post my 10 photo max limit as I only count 8 so had to eliminate some...will continue in the next post. Cmon PS I know I post too many photos but still ::) :oops2: :lol:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-06-06 at 6.07.04 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-06 at 6.07.04 AM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 15

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As we were cycling down the shore yesterday.

Screen Shot 2019-06-06 at 6.16.57 AM.png

And Greg had to get more pizza at Gee Gees in Manasquan. I mean we were cycling so many miles he deserves it.

Screen Shot 2019-06-06 at 6.20.31 AM.png

He's really enjoying it. :lol:
Who wouldn't? Look at the backdrop. Gorgeous.

Screen Shot 2019-06-06 at 6.21.24 AM.png

Inside GeeGees. Love it.
Retro cool.
Screen Shot 2019-06-06 at 6.22.03 AM.png

And lastly a beach shot. With my new red and white helmet and the red cycling shoes I love so much I ordered another pair.

Screen Shot 2019-06-06 at 6.30.54 AM.png

Quick pic of my newest cycling shoes. Turquoise blue. These are loud large and in charge haha.
giroshoes.png

Lastly I must share this with you. In Asbury park there is a wall where when the sun hits it just right you can make out the words "Like Paradise"...you can only see this sometimes and most people don't even know about this. It's super cool. Yesterday I was able to get a photo for you girls.

Screen Shot 2019-06-06 at 6.32.22 AM.png

On that note/photo I am leaving you all and hoping everyone's day is "Like Paradise"
Have a great day all! XOXO.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-06-06 at 6.21.24 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-06 at 6.21.24 AM.png
    1 MB · Views: 12

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
jeez I just lost a whole post. ugh. starting again.

@Austina Hi Austina! I remember when 1 carat was the mark to get in the 70s! it was a huge stone. I'm so sorry I confused Colin and Adam.. I am sorry about all these water issues, it's the bane of a homeowner for sure.. you must be getting excited about your trip!

@marcy Sorry about the pain issues, but that is what getting older is about and you guys are in sch GREAT shape, I so admire your lifting. The chalk always comes off with water :) at Halloween my boys always liked the glow in the dark chalk, till one time I used glow in the dark PAINT, which didn't come off, John was not thrilled, after 7 years it was just about all gone. The boat guy next door is driving me CRAZY with the boat.. I dunno, I feel like the wicked witch of the northeast. Hope your day is going well! and visit Missy, you will be so happy you did!

@Keeliamira very glad to read your surgery went well, you are recovering, keep us informed on what the biopsy says, which is usually OVER KILL! with doctors 99.9999999999% of the time anyway. LOVE your new kitchen and the lot and diving pool sound wonderful, you will so enjoy this, so happy for you! we will need more pics you know! Thank you for mentioning my granddaughter, she lights up my life :)

@Calliecake Hello there girl.. hoping you are having a great day!

@AV_ hola! hope you are having a wonderful time.. it's almost midday in Europe.. bright lights? I love them AV!

@missy Pizza! Pics! all perfect.. thank you for always posting your pictures Missy, I love every one of them, they make me happy.. I love you share your life with us NIRDIs, we are indeed lucky and we are indeed the best women! Glad the helmet situation is going better, love your new shoes they are so cool! and LOVE LOVE the beach houses, they look somewhat like Cape Cod homes! Tell Greg HELLO!! guys are coming in a few minutes to bury our gas line for the generator John got late last fall. I love your ice cream pictures.. yum! love you guys Missy!

@junebug17 Hope you had a great flight and are happily enscounced at home. Any plans for the weekend? kids coming over?

@Mamabean Hi Joanne! I would love to see more pix of your earrings and necklace on you! they are beautiful girl! just gorgeous.. hope you and David and the family are all doing well today.

I had a great conversation with Chris last Sunday. We discussed our buying a home in PA and one in TX, he said to me that he thought it was a lot for John and I. He said to me "Mom, why dont you do what YOU want" not what Mike wants or what you think I want or what Dad wants" do what will make you happy" so then he said, buy a house in FL, you love the beach Mom. Well I thought LONG and HARD about what he said, Chris is my logical son. So I said to him, what if I just moved back to Austin and he said "That's fine Mom". So when John returned from DC later in the day we talked. I have always felt that Chris get's the short end of our ATTENTION STICK in life, from when he was born till now still. Mike is outward, he pushes, he talks back, Chris has ALWAYS been quiet, in the background, never pushed (except once that I can remember and with Michael it's always been a push from him for us to do what he wants). This has always bothered me and I have often brought it up to Chris, he always says he's fine, he's happy, my son's love each other but don't particularly like each other as in they would never ever pick each other as a friend, Chris thinks Mike does not have enough ambition, and Mike thinks Chris is too ambitious and selfish and Mike thinks Chris is selfish, this has been tiring my whole life in a way, I tried for years to get the to be close, but I gave up after the vacation last year at Yellowstone, they will never be close. Chris does love Autie for sure though. I'm not sure if Chris will ever get married, he says he wants a child and get married 'someday' but he's totally serious about his career and saving and being in control of his destiny, plus he wants to get his masters on a company's dime :) Mike is very happy working for the state of Texas, he's got a little fiefdom going because most programmers don't want to work for the state.. they want more money etc in startups or big companies. My boys are night and day altho both are software engineers/computer programmers and Chris has the title now of Data Engineer. So I have had this never ending, always feeling sadness about my boys, their relationship and my relationship and fairness to them. It is very very tiring I tell you, it's like the King Solomon judgement story. So I thought about what Chris said and I have to take into consideration JOHN'S feelings too. So I decided I don't want two homes, I think it would make me a bit crazy, if they were closer like Missy's that would be fine, but a house in TX and one in PA would make me worried all the time about the other one. The taxes are a killer in the NE, seriously crazy, home insurance on the house we chose and 2nd home would be sky high. John is seriously tired of winter :( but that is important to me since I don't even go out except to walk Salley, he has to do all the winter work, he's always cold here. He WANTS TO BE NEAR AUTIE, that is clear, as soon as she was born he said, I will never spend another Christmas without Autumn, he wants to be active in her life, and he set up a college fund already and he absolutely loves her to the nth degree. I love her mucho, mucho, my bigger love is my boys and I hate to push Chris off after he moved to the east coast for one reason - to be close to us. That killed me, although HE really wants a city life and he wanted NYC. So we decided to move back to Texas permanently. We decided to visit Chris every 5-6 weeks, we decided to spend money on having vacations with Chris, he wants to see the world (like Alaska) and if he's willing we will do it with him . Chris has no intention of staying at the bank, his goal in fortune 100 companies is Google next, then a startup after that, this could mean his moving, John will be 69 in a a few months and me 67 and we can't keep traveling to live near our kids. Mike will probably never move and Autumn will always be near us :) I aways wanted to be part of my grandchild's life, the single most painful event in my life was when my grandmother died when I was 12, it killed me. I miss her today. She was such an important part of who I am today and then. John wants land, he has always wanted land, he wants solar panels, he can get all that in Texas. So I asked myself what would make me the happiest and this was what I came up with, and John was happy about it, because he knew he could get more house and land and be near Autumn all the time. :) So that is my latest. I have been so busy that I have not had the time to write this till today, sorry it's so long, one thing I really missed about Texas was my pool. I miss my pool every day in the summer here, but to me a pool isn't worth it for just 3 months.. I miss Autumn and Mike and Cara and my gf Kathleen (altho she will move when Jim retires I'm sure).. I hope Chris won't be hurt, mad or upset because he will probably see us more than if we lived closer to him really.. he's a wonderful son. (they both are) but he has really had less of our thoughts and time than Mike.

Amen. ;-)

my old pool, miss it!

poolpix.jpg

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good morning girlfriends! I’ll be back later. I’m meeting my son Chris for lunch soon and I still have to take my shower..story of my life...:confused2:
@Tekate I just read your post and was thinking I know what you are going through...My two sons are so different. My Chris is the busy one and Scott is the easy going one.
I don’t think your son Chris will be upset with you for making the decision to move permanently to Texas. He told you to do what you want to do...Seeing him every 5-6 weeks will be a great way to stay connected..and you will have more bonding, quality time in your visit..You may be right that you would actually see him more this way. If he ever does move you can visit him wherever he moves to. I agree that’s a huge distance between Pa and Austin..Your hubby will get his solar panels, a bigger house if that’s what you want...It’s less expensive there than back east...You’ll get another pool..visits with Autumn, Mike and Cara...and you can host a NIRDI get together when you’re all moved in! I’m kidding! :twisted2: I’m happy you made your decision!
Have a great day girlfriends and will talk to you later..:kiss2:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean I cannot thank you enough for your kindness. I feel as though I am abandoning my Chris even though Chris is very self efficient and very much involved in his data engineering job.

I don't want a bigger house, I love my house here Joanne but it's remote from everyone. We thought we would have more visitors, we thought we'd visit our family more, my brother died in 15, my sister died in 16 and my aunt this past April, my whole family is dead here in the NE, John has family in VA but that isn't an easy drive. BUT Chris.. you get it.

THANK you Joanne you made me feel so much better.. all love to you my friend.

PS - maybe Austina is going to move to the Atown area and SHE can host ;-) ty again Joanne. ty.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, I love all your beach pictures so much, makes me feel like I'm there! The Jersey shore really is a gorgeous place. Those homes are just beautiful. And that pizza looks SO good, I want pizza now lol. Love the pic of that big old turtle, he's amazing :kiss2: And the pic of the kitties sitting on the grandfather clock is adorable! They seem very happy up there ha. Aw, thanks for the nice words about my kids...sometimes I think they turned out well in spite of me, not because of me LOL...but I did my best and now all I can do is keep my fingers crossed they keep making good decisions. I hope the kitties did ok with all the hoopla...kitties are such sensitive creatures and get upset so easily. And I am hoping so much that Francesca responds to the steroid shot; it is really tricky to give cats medicine, sometimes Zoe didn't get a full dose even though I tried so hard to do it right. Thank you for your support and good thoughts about my sweet girl. Xox

Love your new helmet and shoes! Very nice!

@Keeliamira, I am sending you tons of healing dust and I hope your recovery goes smoothly and you are feeling much better soon. (((Hugs))). I'm so sorry for all you've been through, and I'm hoping the test results reveal everything is ok. Hugs to you, waiting for test results is so stressful. Congratulations on finding a beautiful and newly renovated home, it sounds wonderful and the kitchen is absolutely gorgeous! SO excited for you.

@Tekate, I understand your dilemma. Your son Chris is a sweetheart for telling you to do what you want, and not what others want. My kids are so different too, and I totally get what you mean...My dd has always gotten more attention because she just kind of demands it because of her personality lol...ds has always been quiet, easy-going, and undemanding and I feel like you, that he has not gotten as much of our time and attention over the years because of it. But don't be hard on yourself...you are aware of all of this and I think you do give Chris more attention than you think. You love him very much and I'm sure he knows it! Part of it is he just doesn't require as much of your attention. And yeah, I hear you on being disappointed about your kids not being that close...my kids care about each other and get along ok but they really aren't close. It used to bother me a lot, and I still wish things were different, but I've come to realize I can't control everything and their relationship is between them. And who knows, maybe our kids will grow closer as they get older.

And you're not alone in trying to figure out where to live! If dh had his way we'd move to our house in SC tomorrow. I'm attached to our house in NJ and am not as anxious to make the move. We'd save a lot in property taxes on our SC home if we became residents of SC. The plan is to sell our NJ home when he retires in a few years and move to SC. Our kids will probably remain in the NE (although who knows) so dh and I have talked about getting a condo (something really small, no maintenance) in NJ so we have a place to stay when we visit our kids and my brother. You've come up with a good solution - frequent visits and trips with Chris. And I agree, it's a headache to maintain two homes. I'm glad you've figured out a plan that you're comfortable with, and that will work for everyone. It's hard to make everyone happy!

And yes, ds is VERY reluctant to share anything about his personal life! I have to drag it out of him lol. This is his first serious gf. He's always been kind of shy and a bit of a late bloomer. Things seem to be going well, from the little info I get anyway!

LOVE the pic of Autie! :love: She is so precious I can't take it...she is the sweetest thing!

Sending you love and comfort about your sister...I am so sorry Kate...losing a sibling, that's really tough and life-altering...and I wish you peace and send my support and love. (((Hugs)))

@AV_, sending you good thoughts that you have a very productive week; good luck with your conference calls and letter-writing...and try to take a small break occasionally if you can! You live in such a gorgeous place...I wish I could come along with you on one of your walks...who knows, maybe someday :kiss2: I love Twitter too! Like you, I don't post anything; I just read, there are all kinds of interesting topics on that site. I like doing crossword puzzles but I am AWFUL at them and end up getting frustrated. My father was actually very good at them, I was always amazed by the difficult puzzles he could finish. And yes, ice cream might not cure everything but it definitely helps lol.

@marcy, glad to hear one of the gyms wants Marty to do some extra things...I agree, I think he will enjoy that and the extra exposure will be great. Oh no to the mess-up on the shoes, and I hope the new ones end up working out for you. I empathize...I have a heck of a time finding comfortable shoes because of my stupid bunions. I'm really sorry your knee has been giving you trouble lately and I hope it settles down. Being in pain over a period of time is so draining. I hope your work week has been ok so far, you have definitely been dealing with a lot of stress lately at work.

@Austina, I feel your pain...all these leaks and random things that go wrong in a house are really frustrating. You'll get it all straightened out but I know it's a bit of a headache for sure. It seems like every time we turn around something is wrong with the SC house, grrr.

I made it home yesterday with no problems, the travel was uneventful thank goodness. DS came over last night and he treated me to take-out, and ended up staying over. Nice to have the company since dh is on a business trip. Not up to a whole lot...catching up on some mail, doing laundry, and heading out to do a few errands in a bit.

Love to all! <3

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Someone reaaaally doesn’t like us! Today’s disasters include Coin’s iPad and the shredder going kaput!

Lovely to hear from you @Keeliamira and pleased to hear the surgery is done. I’m not surprised you’re in pain, your body has suffered trauma, and it’ll take time to heal. Please make sure you get plenty of rest and don’t expect too much of yourself.

Your new home looks fabulous, you must be so excited. Here’s to a speedy conclusion to your DH’s negotiations so you can get moved in to it. Take care of yourself.

Thanks for the tip @marcy, I’ll see what the engineer says tomorrow. Of course, everything is working perfectly now, but knowing our luck, if we did cancel, the whole thing would go up the spout again, and it’s already been a week, so we’ll just pretend it righted itself tomorrow morning. Sorry your new shoes are making your legs ache. Because I’ve got such little feet, UK size 3, I can usually get lucky in the sales.

Glad you got home safely @junebug17 and had the added bonus of a visit from DS and a take out. I don’t think our sons realise that we worry about them and want them to be happy and find a nice girl. They just think we’re being nosy :lol:

For what it’s worth @Tekate, I think it’s a really sensible decision to go with just one home. Owning one is stressful enough, without worrying about the other one when you’re not there. If you have Chris’s blessing, then stop worrying. Even though Adam is 5000 miles away, I actually think we see more of him now than we did when he lived 20 miles away. Your plan for frequent trips together will ease your worry, and I think it makes the experience of being together better, it certainly has in our case. We really enjoy spending time together and going on trips, it just seems more special IYKWIM.

I hope you had a lovely time with your son today @Mamabean. If everything turns out the way we hope, I’m sure between @Tekate and us we’ll be able to accommodate all the lovely NIRDIs :D

Wow, those houses are lovely @missy what lovely scenery for your ride. Greg definitely looks like he’s enjoying his pizza :lickout: I hope you managed to enjoy your ride today, even though it wasn’t as long as you’d like. I also hope you managed to get out of Costco with both arms and legs in tact :lol: Dottie is doing just fine thank you, she’s certainly enjoying not having a heavy coat on anymore. I’m sorry little Francesca is still having breathing issues. :(2

The new helmet and shoes look great, it’s fun to have something bright and cheerful to enhance the experience.

So, we have a plumber coming on Monday to fix the toilet leak and service the boiler, and we’re going to ask him to disconnect the hot water reservoir. We’re going to think about what to do next, whether we want to replace it, we just don’t have time to think about it now.

Sending good thoughts out to all the lovely NIRDIs :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

AV, it is nice to get things done early in the day so you have the rest of the day to do what you want. During college I worked 7 to 3 and really liked it. Now I’d hate getting around that early.

Missy, Marty said it’d take him a long time to come visit you and Greg at the Beach House but who knows maybe sometime soon. FUN!!! Ice cream therapy is always a good way to go. I had a mini ice cream bar after supper. Cool to know there is a story on the grandfather clock. Do let me know if you figure out what sheets you use that keep you cool. I would certainly try them. I tell you my right knee is pretty irritated right now, I would sure like my knees worked on by the best. Glad to hear Greg will be going to them as well. My feet did better today with the new shoes though. That is cool catching up with an old friend and how awesome he is doing well with his new knees. It was sad Lucy and Ricky divorced; I hope she was happy because she brought so much joy to the world. I hate to hear Francesca is having coughing and breathing issues again. Big hugs to her. Karl sends her kisses. Great photos from your outing yesterday. Love the beach houses.

Kate, Marty is in great shape; me not so much but that is why I am lifting. The chalk did come off okay - oh no that it took you a long time to get the glow in the dark chalk off. A friend of mine had her daughter and friends use some permanent colors on their driveway which took years to get off as well. I am sure you can still see some of it. Sorry that the boat is driving you crazy. Our city council is always trying to pass an ordinance you can’t keep boats or RV’s parked on the street for more than a week but it always gets voted down. I’d love to meet Missy; actually I’d love to meet all of you ladies. It sounds to me like both you and John will be most happy living in Texas. Being near Autie is a top priority and you’ll be able to catch up with Chris as much as you want. Maintaining 2 house that far apart can be a pain. My parents had their house here and one in the mountains (a 2 hour drive) and loved it for 40 some years. It was a lot of work keeping 2 places up but since they were close they managed. Then they decided to sell the mountain cabin and buy a place in Arizona. It quickly became a pain and struggle maintaining 2 households far apart and only kept the Arizona place about 8-10 years. It sounds like Chris and Mike have very different personalities and you treated them the way that was best for them. You love your kids; I have no doubt you are a good and I am sure they know it. I know you wish Chris and Mike were closer but I think that is kind of normal that siblings don’t always become or remain close. How exciting to have a plan so you can begin that chapter of your life. I don’t think Chris will be upset you are moving; he clearly wants you to do what you want and he knows being with Autie is important to you.

Mamabean, I hope you had a nice time with your Chris at lunch.

Junebug, as I just mentioned to Kate; I think it’s better to treat people (like your kids) the way that is best for them and it can’t ever be equal because all of us are different. It sounds like you have great kids and I know you are a good mom. My shoes felt better today. I think they are a tad loose but it could be they are just different. My right knee is quite ticked off; I plan on getting in the recliner soon with an ice pack. Stupid knee. Glad you made it home okay and how nice your DS came over and brought dinner too.

Austina, oh no to more things on the fritz today. What happened to Collin’s iPad? Marty was packing for a trip to Serbia one time and knocked his iPad off his bar downstairs. The screen cracked big time. He was able to buy a new one and get it backed up before needing to head to the airport. That’s good you can find shoes on sale. Good luck with the plumber on Monday.

I ordered pizza for supper. I like easy dinner and dishes. I just ice water down my shirt. That woke me up. I got chastised at work today in an auto response from HR - my girl friend cancelled our lunch appointment next week so my response was a 5 letter word that started with a B. The email reminded me that on work email you should never use inappropriate language. Too funny.

Tomorrow is Friday!
Marcy

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@marcy I'd probably forward that response from the prudish robot to the B_____ for laughs - although having a laugh in writing is a tad' tricky.

@Tekate Your choices make perfect sense to me - I know I cannot live in two places & it makes no sense to be alone in the most beautiful city (& here I am! - it has taken some months to cling to local acquintances who would suffer my rotten use of their language - certainly more patient people than I had counted on). Friendship is rarer than brotherhood, is it not... I wonder if you wonder if your driven son would visit should you leave this choice to him? I know you must pull - some of the time, lest he'd never push!
You write:
... I aways wanted to be part of my grandchild's life, the single most painful event in my life was when my grandmother died when I was 12, it killed me. I miss her today. She was such an important part of who I am today and then.
I can say the same ...

@AV_ haha yes there is little ice cream won't help ... I start fading around 4 PM ...

SO much fun cycling and chatting with friends. Anyway just saying one day we will meet in real life. I know it.
Cycling/shopping/cats/dh/sea and ice cream. Not in that order.

You & I both! Just as well that by 2 PM the local mid-day break starts - and dare I say, not much picks up in the afternoon, at least, not in this little town of mine, so I am getting away with everything & then some. There is dire need of shopping here too - with icecream & some other pleasantries thrown in for good measure (yours are betetr! ,)

Will catch up - bet on it!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Happy Friday!
1237372v4er6kso38.gif

@junebug17 so glad you had a smooth trip back home and that your son visited too and stayed overnight. It's nice to be around loved ones and you did a great job with your kids. I am not just saying that. I mean it. You raised amazing children who have hearts of solid gold like their momma and it shows. Hope you are getting through your mail and errands and getting everything accomplished that you want to...it's always a little bit overwhelming for me when we get back from vacation to sort through everything like mail etc. By the time we get back it might be over 4 weeks so I can only imagine.:eek-2: So I won't imagine and will just live in the present for now. 8) Thank you for your warm and lovely compliments. Have a good Friday Junie and sending you big (((hugs))).

@Tekate thank you sweet girlie for all your generous and lovely words. I told Greg you said hey and he says hello to you. Your photos make me happy too. Love your old pool. Have I ever told you how much I wish we had an indoor pool? Actually what I really want is an indoor/outdoor pool. One that can become either depending on the weather. I might have invented it in my imagination or perhaps it exists somewhere in the world....where the walls and ceiling can be put up or down depending on weather and my mood.:bigsmile: A girl can dream can't she?

what will make you happy"

You have a very wise son Kate and I would listen to him. Do what works for you and John and if you 2 are happy your kids will be happy and at peace knowing you guys are happy. And 2 homes are a lot of work. And I agree the further the homes are the harder it is to make sure everything is running smoothly. And don't get me started on real estate taxes.

I am so sorry your grandmother died when you were 12. How horrible and traumatic and my heart goes out to you Kate. I can only imagine having lost my darling grandmother when I was 26 how much worse it would have been at 12. (((HUGS))). One never gets over losing a dear beloved one especially one so close to us. I am so very sorry Kate.:cry2:

So I asked myself what would make me the happiest and this was what I came up with, and John was happy about it, because he knew he could get more house and land and be near Autumn all the time

Sounds like a good plan and very well thought out. I know we have changed our retirement plans several times and probably will a few more times and will probably end up right where we are but we have no one to worry about besides my parents who are getting older and it makes our choices easier. You are figuring out what will work best for you and John and your whole family and I have no doubt whatever you will decide you will make it work. Autie is super precious and I understand why you want to be near her and a big part of her life. And I am sure Chris will understand and as you write you will be seeing him more frequently than if you lived closer to him. XOXO.

@Austina glad you are on top of the water issue and you have the professional plumber coming soon. Don't ask about Costco..our bill was over $700 but we are entertaining Saturday so...Greg likes to be a gracious host and make sure everyone has something they will enjoy and it's only the best for our guests and that costs money. We are not done shopping for Saturday either because believe it or not Costco doesn't have everything lol. We need Turkey dogs, organic celery and a bunch of miscellaneous things Costco did not have. Thanks for the lovely compliments. I think I now have 6 new helmets that I am keeping and four pairs of new cycling shoes but still not done shopping for shoes.:whistle: Like I said I like to do what we can for our economy. 8) What are your plans for the weekend?

@marcy I am sorry your right knee is so irritated. That makes me sad and I hope it is feeling better today. The sheets are Restoration Hardware and are cotton but not sure what kind. I will try finding out. They are all pretty old and super soft because they have been washed so much. That's how I like them. Soft and cool. You and Marty have an open invitation any time you want to visit here or NYC. Aww HRH Francesca sends hugs and kisses back to Karl. :kiss:
Boo to HR chastising you in an email. And I am sorry your girlfriend canceled your lunch plans. Pizza for dinner sounded yummy. Woohoo today is Friday! What are your weekend plans?

@Mamabean I hope you had a wonderful lunch with Chris. Hope you enjoyed the photos of all the gorgeous houses by the sea...let me know when I should schedule our House Hunting plans. :cool2: And hope you got to take a nice long shower yesterday. LOL I feel your pain with waiting for delivery people and being afraid to miss them while in the shower. You should see when I am waiting for a phone call. I bring it in with me to the bathroom while I am showering or bathing lol. Hope you had a good day yesterday. Weekend plans?

@AV_ well lots of shopping I accomplish is online shopping. For example, all the helmets I ended up getting were from different bike companies online as the stores had only lower end or middle road cycling helmets and I was looking for a specific lightweight helmet which was nowhere to be found locally here or near us in NYC. I love online but I would prefer being able to see the helmets in person and try them on before buying but sadly the stores didn't have what I needed. Same for most of my cycling shoes though I did get lots of new Cycling jerseys from a local (well 25 miles away) bike shop. Anyway shopping is always enjoyable even when it's stressful.:cheeky: Good stress vs bad stress. It is very civilized how you have a mid afternoon break. I have always admired that. Love the Siesta. Is that what you call it?

I am sorry you lost your grandmother at a young age as well dear @AV_. Sending you gentle (((hugs))).

@Slick1 hope all went well yesterday. Sending you continued good wishes and hugs and woohoo it's Friday. I hope you have a good weekend planned and are feeling well and received good news yesterday. (((HUGS))).

Hi @Keeliamira hope you are doing well and looking forward to a happy weekend secure knowing your new home is amazing and a true dream home! Hugs!

We ended up cycling a bit longer than planned but mainly because Greg wanted Days Ice Cream more than he wanted to get to Costco super early hahaha so we had to wait for Days to open and Dave opened about 20 minutes earlier than usual so it was a good compromise. It was super hot yesterday so we needed ice cream :lol:. Hottest day so far and tomorrow is going to be hot too. Today should be more mild in temps so looking forward to a nice ride today.

My newest cycling shoes in action...
Screen Shot 2019-06-07 at 5.57.30 AM.png
Haha sorry I know this is not the most lovely perspective.:lol-2: Just keeping it real.:P2

Days yesterday..yummm.
Screen Shot 2019-06-07 at 5.57.10 AM.png

Some cycling scenery
Screen Shot 2019-06-07 at 5.53.13 AM.png

Mileage not bad for an abbreviated day...
Screen Shot 2019-06-07 at 5.57.42 AM.png

Sunset last night here

Screen Shot 2019-06-07 at 6.00.42 AM.png

And sunrise this morning...

sunriseinjune2019.jpg

Have a wonderful day girls! It's Friyay!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Thank you Missy, your words are wonderful and make me feel better. Chris is wise. He's funny too, I hope you and Greg meet him eventually. Ice cream Missy, this is the last picture I'm going to oogle before getting some; here in Maine it's ice cream time for the visitors, the local ice cream parlours (parlors?) close for the winter, but I'm going out today and get some. Again Missy, you make me really see the Jersey shore in a new way, fantastic pictures. And Missy, I am with you, I love the ease of shopping and miss the ability to try things on, or see quality in a store. Happy Friday Missy, Greg and furkids :love: Thank you Missy my grandmother has been dead for so long but it feels like yesterday, she was the glue, she was my oasis in my crazy life. She died of stroke I say that because she had several before she died. The biggest influence in my whole life was my nanny, she is why Autie is calling me Nanny.

@AV_ yes AV, thank you for your kind words, frienship is harder than brotherhood to find. Very wise AV. Were you able to get your ice cream today? Hope so. Happy Weekend. :love:

@marcy Thank you Marcy for your thoughts on my situation. Your parent's mountain home must have been beautiful. We have friends in Austin who have a beautiful home there and they also bought a beautiful home in Wyoming, my God their views are gorgeous, simply amazing. They are retired also and lived in Alaska for 20 years (he was in the oil industry) so they love the mountains and cooler weather, but he's a native Texan and can't leave (plus their granddaughter is in Austin) I think mountain views are simply breathtaking. Your words made me feel good Marcy. The way I grew up affected me so much that I sorely lacked mothering skills and belief in myself, so I truly thank you. My BFF Kath in Austin wants me to move to AZ or FL (because I think she has possible plans to move to either eventually), but both are out for me. AZ I don't have much of an interest in, and the only place I would consider is the Destin area and Cara's mother lives in Panama Beach way too close for me. As to HR Marcy, I never found them useful and helpful so I say BS to them also. Have a great weekend.

@junebug17 Hi June. Boy do I understand what you said about your kids "They turned out well in spite of you" I feel the same way. When is your next trip to SC? husband get home w/o plane changes (I mean seriously it's the lucky traveler who does today). I don't think there is words to describe how much I miss my sister. Like losing your ballast, I relied on her for wise counsel and memories, her kids were devastated. One never get's over it, one holds it in a place in their heart and opens that little door occasionally, too hard to do much. Thanks June very much. Oh and Autie, she's my little peach. Thank you for being wonderful June. :love:

@Austina Good afternoon Austina, hope your Saturday is going well. Jeez Louise on all the items around you going on the fritz. Thank you for your kind words about my moving Austina. I thought I might see Chris more also. I will have to book flights etc not just take a train in. Chris is so career minded I don't think he will notice a thing. Our niece is getting married 9/28 and we have booked a VRBO for 4 nites and the Mike, Cara, Autie and Chris will be staying with us everyone is thrilled as Mom and Dad are paying (again ha) when I texted Mike he replied immediately as in "THANK YOU!" and I didn't hear from Chris for a day, which is unusual but he's getting busy at work, which is what he wants so I'm not feeling as guilty today as yesterday. Thank you again Austina. Oh and I am sending dust that your plumber shows up Monday, I am jaded about service people showing on tme and the right day, I know you had that problem with your electronic fence too. I hope your Saturday is going well girl. :love:

We bought new furniture for our back porch yesterday. https://www.allbackyardfun.com/5-piece-6510-cambria-outdoor-furniture-lounge-set/ but we will have grey cushions. Hopefully the set will be delivered this week from the local outdoor furniture company here in Scarborough. We are going to be doing some landscaping soon also, I'll post what is being done when we have the final plan from the landscaper so I can get esteemed opinions because I've never been good at decorating outside or inside. Haven't heard from the decorator about the master bath reno, we told her we were toneing it down because we plan to move next year. I'm looking forward to see her plan though, I really her personality and her talent.

Today is laundry day. Weather is superb here in Maine and after laundry I plan on reading my kindle. On my schedule soon is visiting Chris next weekend hopefully see Katie, Neve, Dan, Anne and Evan, the big girls will most probaby be with their Dad. In July we are going to CT for my brother's daughter Tara's wedding. She is 39, about time. They have a 12 year old daughter and Tara has 2 sons 21 and 18, yes she started too early, but I have to say in all, she it worked fine for her and her kids are marvelous. good people.

Happy Saturday Ladies.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good evening! I lost another post...I have to send them halfway because for whatever reason they’ve been disappearing...arg
@Keeliamira How are you feeling? I hope your hubby and kiddies are helping you..I hope you have a comfortable relaxing weekend recuperating..
@Austina Oh no to your leaks and Colin’s IPad..I find that when something goes wrong over here everything else she falls apart at the same time. It looks like the new ridge vent on the roof solved the leak in the ceiling of my mom’s room. I had the handyman just repair and patch.and prime it..I wanted to. Are sure it wasn’t leaking anymore before he did the last sanding and painting...My mom never noticed the leak. I try to give her privacy so don’t check her room. The cleaning ladies clean her room..but I don’t go in there other than to tell her something...Now I’m going in to check for leaks...I think hers stopped. Now we have to solve the leak that’s coming through the wall in the finished basement. We had to rip back the carpet to see where the water was coming from. We see where it’s coming from but no one knows what’s causing it or how to fix it. One person says it may be the window...another said the stucco...another said it needs grading with French drains. My husband won’t sign off on it and let me handle it. I’m ready to replace the window to see if it solves the problem..If it’s nit that..then I’ll move to the grading with French drains..then the stucco...It will on,y be found with the process of elimination..No one will know for sure if their idea is the right one..Men!:wall:
@missy I feel bad you don’t sleep well..I don’t either..and it’s pure misery...You certainly don’t let it stop you! You should be sleeping like a baby with all the cycling you do! I loved those photos! Thank you so much! I am going to put Mantoloking in my list of places to visit! It really does have a New England vibe. I love your blue cycling sneaks and your new helmets!
Off to watch Jack Ryan on Amazon! I learned my lesson that this would disappear..so hitting the button! :kiss2:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

AV, I totally told my friend about the auto response I got on my email. She was amused. If you’ve got ice cream there locally then you are good to go. I am sorry you and Kate lost your grandmothers at a young age.

Missy, I’m with you and Greg and making sure you have quality and quantity to serve your guests. I never want anyone to go home hungry or thinking “that was awful”. I will go check out Restoration Hardware’s website on the sheets. Karl smiled when I told him Francesca sends back hugs and kisses. Those two, huh? I am giving my friend a hard time about lunch just because it is her turn to buy. Turns out we can go another day next week anyway. My right knee is slightly better today and I am doing well with my new shoes. They feel different but are comfortable and don’t seem to be aggravating my feet. I’m with Greg wanting Dave’s ice cream more than shopping at Costco. We had some Slow Churned ice cream for dessert tonight. I love your pictures from today especially that gorgeous sunrise. I like your new shoes. Oooh blue.

Kate, I am so sorry about losing your grandmother at a young age; I am glad you have good memories of her and hope that helps. I can’t imagine how hard it has been losing your sister; I am so glad you are close to kids. That has to help all of you. Those heartaches we never get over; big hugs to you. It was gorgeous at my parent’s cabin; it was in the woods and the stars up there were incredible. It was so pretty and peaceful. I miss it. What area is your friend’s home located in Wyoming? Just curious. I am sure they had awesome views in Alaska too. I would miss mountains for sure. My in-laws are in Arizona and I just don’t find it pretty at all. I think being near Autie would be my choice for sure; go where you heart is and it will be right. You are a kind and caring person so I am sure you did fine on being a mother; no one is born with those skills, everyone learns them along the way. I am still chuckling about the canned email I got yesterday. HR is there to protect to company; not me which seems to elude so many employees. Most of our HR reps have been decent though. Nice to book a place for everyone to attend your niece’s wedding. That will be fun. Your patio furniture looks comfy. You have some busy days coming up.

Mamabean, glad you got the leak fixed in your mom’s room. Sounds like a challenge to find where the leak is coming from in your basement. What a pain; hopefully whatever you try first works. Our picture window in our living room leaked when rain came from that direction. After having the builder come in once and Marty caulking it a few times we finally had the window replaced. The Jack Ryan series on Amazon was good. We liked it. Hopefully season 2 will be coming out soon. Sorry you don’t sleep well.

I am so glad it’s Friday! We had Arby’s for supper then a dish of ice cream. Not much going on this weekend other than getting Marty ready to head to NYC.

Take care.
Marcy

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, thank you for your kind words! And I'm glad you're not worrying about anything and just enjoying every moment of being at the beach...it is a glorious place. And I'll bet that ice cream hit the spot on such a hot day. Your new shoes look great! Love the pics of the sky, such amazing colors.

@Austina, lol, I do try to respect my kids' privacy, but I also don't want to come across as not caring! It's a fine line sometimes. It's good you have a plumber coming on Monday...I need to schedule one as well, our toilet in the basement isn't working. Ugh, it's always something.

@Tekate, I re-read my comments to you and realized I mostly rambled on about myself :oops: I'm sure things will work out fine with Chris and you will get to see him often. It will be fun for you and John to visit him in NY. You are a great mother and care about your boys so much, and they know that. Please don't worry! Xox

Looks like our next trip to SC will be in July. I think dd and her boyfriend will be coming too.

@marcy, lol to being caught at work! Wow, HR doesn't miss a thing ha. I'm glad your shoes are feeling a little better but sorry to hear your knee is still bugging you. Yes, definitely take it easy and rest it when you can.

@AV_, it's nice you've formed some friendships where you live...in spite of the language barrier! I hope you've gotten a lot accomplished this week.

@Mamabean, I hope you enjoyed your lunch with Chris. Leaks are just the worst, especially when you're not sure where the leak is. Hope you have a lovely weekend.

Not too much new going on here...I did a little online shopping - I bought one of those jewelry boxes in the thread in Hangout, a bathing suit (which I KNOW isn't going to fit me, bathing suits are the bane of my existence) a cover-up, and a kit to learn a certain kind of lettering. Why in the world I bought a lettering kit is beyond me...I saw it on IG and thought it might be fun to try. Talk about an impulse purchase!

Nothing special planned for the weekend, will probably just go out to dinner with dh. Poor guy's flight was delayed and he's not landing until 1:30 am. I bought a pizza for him, but he's on his own as for heating it up!

Reactions: AV_

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hello again..We watched two episodes of Jack Ryan. It’s very good..We’re both beat so going to bed. We live such exciting lives....:roll2:
@marcy I laughed when I read you got scolded for using the B word in the company email! Too funny! I hope your friend sets another date for lunch soon..I miss going out to lunch with my friends every week. Two moved to Rehoboth Beach and the other one’s husband retired. She cooks him three meals a day now that he’s home every day..My husband wouldn’t expect me to do that..omg..Usually the two from Rehoboth drive an hour and a half in and we drive forty minutes and meet at Brio’s for lunch. This time I’m picking up two friends up on Wednesday and driving to Rehoboth. We’re staying overnight and going back home on Thursday...
My husband has to take care of the troop when I’m gone. I do this usually once a year.. I miss just meeting them for lunch on the spur of the moment..I hope you have a great time when you do meet. She owes you a big lunch for canceling! :lol-2:
I’m sorry your knee is bothering you. What do you think it is?
@Tekate I scrolled through the posts and saw sweet Autie and her big smile. I melted into a puddle..She is soooooo cute!:love:
Sweet dreams! :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Happy Caturday Saturday.

@junebug17 I hope your dh made it back safely despite the delay and that you enjoy a lovely dinner with him this evening. I hear you on the bathing suit issue and am laughing because Greg and I just had a similar convo yesterday while cycling. I keep buying bathing suits never wearing them. I went through them and gave away most of them to a charity (all with labels still on them) but kept a number of them which I just don't need and won't wear. Of course you will wear yours and you have a pool. I have no occasion to wear anything like it and when I go into the bay I wear my spf long sleeves and long swimming pants into the sea so lol no bathing suit necessary. And no one wants to see that much of my body anyway. Including me.:errrr: :P2
So glad your DD and her boyfriend will be joining you in SC in July. What a lovely visit and trip that will be.
Have a wonderful weekend Junie!

Thank you Missy, your words are wonderful and make me feel better. Chris is wise. He's funny too, I hope you and Greg meet him eventually. Ice cream Missy, this is the last picture I'm going to oogle before getting some; here in Maine it's ice cream time for the visitors, the local ice cream parlours (parlors?) close for the winter, but I'm going out today and get some. Again Missy, you make me really see the Jersey shore in a new way, fantastic pictures. And Missy, I am with you, I love the ease of shopping and miss the ability to try things on, or see quality in a store. Happy Friday Missy, Greg and furkids :love: Thank you Missy my grandmother has been dead for so long but it feels like yesterday, she was the glue, she was my oasis in my crazy life. She died of stroke I say that because she had several before she died. The biggest influence in my whole life was my nanny, she is why Autie is calling me Nanny.

I feel your sadness Kate and I get it. My grandma died in 1992 but it feels like yesterday as well. I am glad you had more than just one wonderful presence in your life growing up and glad you had your nanny too.
I am glad you are enjoying seeing the shore through my eyes. I love it here so much but before Greg I didn't even know it existed in this way. It is all because of Greg I am at the shore. But of course it is because of me we have a house on the bay because that was my dream and it became his. He said he never realized it was a dream of his to be on the water until we got this house because I wanted a house on the water. Anyway you get it because you and John are a great team too and complement each other and make each other the best you can be.

Hugs to you and sweet Autie (LOL autocorrects to Cutie every single time but that's truth too :love:) and everyone. Enjoy a wonderful weekend. Yay to more family visiting next weekend. Love your new furniture by the way. Lovely. Enjoy reading and get some yummy ice cream!:lickout:

@Mamabean oh no to losing another post. I hate it when that happens. :blackeye: Yes please do visit Mantoloking and we will join you. It is New England in New Jersey.:cool2: I appreciate you getting how it is not to sleep well and I am sorry you are dealing with that too. Yours might be also because of your underactive thyroid...how are you feeling? How is the increased dosage doing? Your friend outing next week sounds like lots of fun! Nice of your dh to take care of things while you are gone so you can enjoy the visit.:appl: Sweet DH!

Missy, I’m with you and Greg and making sure you have quality and quantity to serve your guests. I never want anyone to go home hungry or thinking “that was awful”. I will go check out Restoration Hardware’s website on the sheets. Karl smiled when I told him Francesca sends back hugs and kisses. Those two, huh? I am giving my friend a hard time about lunch just because it is her turn to buy. Turns out we can go another day next week anyway. My right knee is slightly better today and I am doing well with my new shoes. They feel different but are comfortable and don’t seem to be aggravating my feet. I’m with Greg wanting Dave’s ice cream more than shopping at Costco. We had some Slow Churned ice cream for dessert tonight. I love your pictures from today especially that gorgeous sunrise. I like your new shoes. Oooh blue.

Thank you Marcy! And my 3rd pair of red cycling shoes arrived yesterday haha and I bought another (last pair for now I promise) black cycling shoes at our favorite cycling store in Brielle yesterday. I have been on a shopping spree.:lol: And aww karl and francesca sitting in a tree..K.. I.. S.. S.. I.. N.. G.... :love::cheeky:

Glad your knee is feeling a bit better and that your friend will be taking you out next week for lunch. Sweet. And yes to slow churned ice cream.:lickout:
Safe travels to Marty.

@Jimmianne Bonjour! Thinking of you and sending virtual hugs your way. (((Hugs))).

@AV_ have a great weekend my dear. XOXO.

@Slick1 hope you have a lovely weekend and sending you big (((hugs))).

We had a wonderful cycling day yesterday and today is entertaining day so no cycling today. Will leave you with a few photos from yesterday and hope everyone enjoys a fun weekend. (((HUGS))).

Ice cream never tasted so good as when one is cycling miles and miles and miles and then takes an ice cream break at Days. :lickout:
Screen Shot 2019-06-08 at 6.25.47 AM.png

A kind stranger took a photo in Long Branch on the way back home cycling North. Ira. He is super funny lol. Everyone we meet along our cycling trips always say they see us everywhere so while don't know them they know us. 8-)
Screen Shot 2019-06-08 at 6.33.16 AM.png

70 miles. I will probably stop keeping this photo journal as it is pretty boring to share that here IMO. So this might be the last mileage photo. Or at least the last daily mileage photo.
Screen Shot 2019-06-08 at 6.25.57 AM.png

And when we arrived back home yesterday look who was waiting to say hi...:love:
and keeping guard on my packages too. :cheeky:
Screen Shot 2019-06-08 at 6.26.16 AM.png

Have a great day girls!!!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-06-08 at 6.26.07 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-08 at 6.26.07 AM.png
    356.6 KB · Views: 14

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good morning! I hope you all had a good evening! Ours was a little crazy..My 93 year old mother plopped on the potty and missed it..slipped and broke the water tank behind the toilet. She was fine but water was gushing out all over the floor..She called me on the phone instead of just yelling out..so water continued to gush until I answered the phone. She was standing in the middle of her bathroom...water was gushing out all over..and the toilet was also running. I ran out with half my pj bottoms on and couldn’t even tie them so I was holding them up with one hand. I realized later they were on backwards. :lol: I tried to turn off the back of the toilet but I couldn’t do it so yelled for my husband...who was able to turn it off. We used all the clean towels to sop up the water...So...We will be off to the Home Depot today to buy another toilet...I have to find a plumber to put it in...Today has to be better..right? :roll2: I can’t make this up...Did someone say “Lucy!” :lol-2:
@Slick1 I love your new AV moissy ring! It’s gorgeous! I love the design! I didn’t know you were getting one! You deserve it for all the things you had going on with your infection! I hope that’s behind you..Have you had another test to see if it’s gone? I hope so...
I also ordered an AV moissy but it’s a round brilliant..8.8mm...I love my AV emerald cut. It is so beautiful...If I were to buy a diamond in that size and clarity it would be around $80,000-$100,000 or more depending on clarity. I decided to get the round brilliant in the 2.5 to see if I want to upgrade my diamond...I am struggling with resetting...or...start a Whiteflash upgrade but I’m no spring chicken...If I was young I would totally do it...but that’s not the case! Haha!
@av I hope you have a beautiful day..and take more pics if you go out on another walk. I can dream I’m in another more beautiful place when things get crazy around here..:confused2:
@missy I love my husband but I have made it very easy for him all these years..taking care of David exclusively...and he would live his life normally. He could do what he would normally do because I took care of everything...It’s only been the last few years that I made it known that I need to also get out....so he’s been making an effort to do that. I still do 99% but I’m happy with my occasional things like this Wednesday. He also doesn’t like to travel because he always travels for business...I told him I want to travel. He didn’t want to..so I told him that I understood but I was taking David with me and traveling basically by myself. If I could have taken a pic of his face...it was ofcomplete shock. I told him that Im 65 years old now and I want to have some fun...I will have to put my mom in a nursing home for respite while we are gone..but I had to talk to her too..She can’t travel anymore...She’s been with me for nine years now...and I need a break...My husband told me to pick the place and he would go too...I hope to go somewhere in late fall.
I don’t feel any different with the added dosage. I don’t have palpitations from the increased dose...Maybe it needs to build up? It’s been three weeks. I get my blood work done again three weeks from now. I think I’m going to need Cytomel. How often do you get your Thyroid blood work done? I also have to get my glucose and platelets retested so she’s just going to run a comprehensive one again.
Have fun today at your party! Please post pics!
@Austina what are you doing this weekend? Did you get your water issues solved? Your trip is coming up soon to see Shirley...I hope Shirley is better than she sounds on email.
Have to call a plumber...Hitting the button! :lol-2:

Last edited:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Happy Saturday!

Thank you @marcy, you were absolutely right, the satellite dish had moved, causing us to get a reduced system. The young lady who came to fix it immediately felt that was the cause of the issue. All fixed now :D Colin’s iPad keeps freezing and the screen goes blank. Adam has my original one, which is still ok, so he’s going to set that up for Colin. Naughty girl using bad language :lol: Nice not having to cook and having ice cream, I’ve got a mint and chocolate ice cream dessert in the freezer which I think will be making an appearance this evening :cool2:

Thanks for the good thoughts @Tekate we’ve used this particular plumber a lot of times, he comes regularly to service the central heating boiler, so unless he has a major emergency, he’ll be here on Monday, and that’ll be another thing sorted. Your new garden furniture looks lovely, it’s always a good idea to ‘stage’ your home and a lot of people have no imagination at all. Lots of things coming up for your to look forward to.

It’s never ending is it @Mamabean, leaks are notoriously difficult things to find? We had a similar problem in our last house, it turned out to be the flashing in one of the roof valleys, but before we found that out, there were all sorts of possibilities as to what it ‘might’ be!

How fun that your DD and her bf will join you on your next trip to SC. Do you think it’s serious? I’ve just recently bought a new tankini, I went for a really brightly coloured and patterned one, it’ll detract from all the lumps and bumps :lol: Hope your DH got home safely, airline delays are so frustrating, he must’ve been exhausted by the time he got in.

I hope you’re taking it easy and are now painfree @Keeliamira , get plenty of rest, and let yourself be taken care of.

Any plans for the weekend @AV_ , I hope it’s not all work and no play?

Awww, what a great guard kitty @missy, a lovely sight to come home to.:lol:
Have fun with your guests today, I’m with you, no one leaves my home hungry :mrgreen2:

I’m not surprised people ‘know’ you, you must be quite a distinctive sight on your trike.

No plans for us other than getting a take away this evening for a change, and we’ll order enough for tomorrow too, no cooking :dance:

Have a lovely weekend you lovely NIRDIs :wavey:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Austina We both have plumbers coming on Monday! I hope they show up! :lol:

Reactions: AV_

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love my husband but I have made it very easy for him all these years..taking care of David exclusively...and he would live his life normally. He could do what he would normally do because I took care of everything...It’s only been the last few years that I made it known that I need to also get out....so he’s been making an effort to do that. I still do 99% but I’m happy with my occasional things like this Wednesday. He also doesn’t like to travel because he always travels for business...I told him I want to travel. He didn’t want to..so I told him that I understood but I was taking David with me and traveling basically by myself. If I could have taken a pic of his face...it was ofcomplete shock. I told him that Im 65 years old now and I want to have some fun...I will have to put my mom in a nursing home for respite while we are gone..but I had to talk to her too..She can’t travel anymore...She’s been with me for nine years now...and I need a break...My husband told me to pick the place and he would go too...I hope to go somewhere in late fall.
I don’t feel any different with the added dosage. I don’t have palpitations from the increased dose...Maybe it needs to build up? It’s been three weeks. I get my blood work done again three weeks from now. I think I’m going to need Cytomel. How often do you get your Thyroid blood work done? I also have to get my glucose and platelets retested so she’s just going to run a comprehensive one again.
Have fun today at your party! Please post pics!

Joanne, good for you. I am glad your dh is supporting you now in all the ways you need and you keep asking for what you need sweetie. Our men our wonderful but they cannot read our minds. (((HUGS))).

I get my blood work about every 8 weeks or so depending. I am glad you aren't experiencing palps! That's good!

As for photos it's incredibly windy here today and there will probably be no photos as it will be all we can do to not blow away here lol. But just asked Greg to take a photo of me for you. He's still getting the backyard set up which isn't easy with these winds but I am all ready.:lol:
I did have my hair down but that's not gonna happen with the wind. Pony tail it is.

missypartydress.png

missyinpartydress.jpeg.png

Hi @Austina enjoy this lovely Saturday and your dinner take out. I love leftovers the next day too. Yummm.:lickout:

Oh bonus pics from just now. Our neighbor got a new puppy. A rescue. Andy. Aww I'm in LOVE! And of course we love Zoe their 13 year old dog. She is a love too.

Screen Shot 2019-06-08 at 1.18.27 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-08 at 1.18.01 PM.png

Did I mention how windy it is here? But it's a gorgeous sky.
missyoutsidepartydress.png

Enjoy a wonderful Saturday girls. XO.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@marcy Marcy, you are wonderful and thank you for your thoughts about my sister Gen, I miss her even though most of the time she found me annoying, she's the antithesis of me. BUT she helped me in things and she loved her kids fiercely. I am glad to read your knee and feet are feeling a bit better Marcy, it's always the slow haul till we get there! Hope Marty has a great trip to NYC! (and Arby's? yum!)

@junebug17 Hi Junie! thank you June, we are good mom's. And I did not think you talked about yourself June, usually that's Kate the GrEAT trick ;-). Nice your son stayed over night, on the few times John is gone I like if someone is here with me, usually Salley. Interesting June you bought a lettering kit, I have always thought about how cool it would be to do this, if you like it if you would maybe you could post some of your work on here or IG? just a nosey old lady I am. I hope DH was able to get home and get some sleep.. left over za? my husband would nuke AWWWKKK! :)

@Mamabean we've been watching Jack Reacher too, it's pretty good, we watch two a night as HBO is going away for us too. And Joanne, Autie is my north star! OOOH I am so sorry to read about your mom whoa and hopefully your plumber shows. And Joanne, I'm an enabler, buy all the bling you want.. it's good for you.. (and me to see :) ) I'm glad your husband will travel with you, that's good, my husband values all I do and have done, but it's not equal and like upgrading to my someday it will come EVER ring, he's on board. Good for you and good for your husband Joanne, very good. :)

@missy I hope I don't sound corny Missy girl, but everyone knows you guys because they see the happy, beautiful couple bicycling again this summer, it makes them feel good (and maybe a teeny weeney bit jealous).. you are Jersey celebs of course. OOOH the pix of the new puppy and your neighbors Zoe are wonderful.

@Jimmianne Yooo hooo! madame! hope you are well girl.

@Austina how was your takeaway? As soon as I read one of my NIRDI g/f's get take-away I get hungry.. I'll be hoping all is quick and easy on Monday Austina and boo to Ipads and tablets, and PCs and satelltes etc that go on the fritz. Happy weekend. If you are windy in Jersey, I will be windy tomorrow.. You look as always Missy, perfectly perfect and beautiful but better than all that is you look happy, that says tons.. Hope the rest of your day and your weekend is wonderful.

@AV_ Sending happy Saturday vibes to you and hope your day and weekend go very well.

@Slick1 Hi Slick, I must have missed the pix of your new ring! I will go search after I finish this post. Hope you are having a beautiful day down your way, up here it's unreal and gorgeous.

Okay NIRDI's sending you all good and happy thoughts and wishing a wonderful rest of the weekend!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, love your cycling pics and of course I love seeing that sweet kitty sitting on your porch. Your neighbors' dogs are so sweet! :love: Your dress is really pretty, love the colors! The perfect summer dress. I hope you had a wonderful time with your company; I'm sure everyone enjoyed themselves. What a gorgeous view you have of the water, really beautiful.

@Mamabean, going to Rehoboth with your friends sounds like it will be a lot of fun for you and it will be nice to spend some time with friends. So glad you had a good talk with your husband and he's on board with taking a trip. You care for your family so well, but I do think it's important for caregivers to get a break from the usual routine and do something special for themselves once in a while. Now you have to figure out where you want to go!

My gosh, so sorry about your mother's fall and the broken toilet! I'm glad she wasn't hurt and I hope you find a plumber who can show up soon and get everything working again.

@Tekate, I'll post some of my lettering attempts; I have a feeling I won't be very good at it but I'll give it a go. Dh ended up being too tired to eat last night so we had pizza for dinner tonight; I've been craving pizza since Missy posted that pic of Greg lol!...we heated it up in the oven...I'm usually too impatient and will just use the microwave! It does taste better heated up in the oven though.

@Austina, two days of no cooking...now you're speaking my language! Makes for a perfect weekend IMO.

Uneventful day here...went to the gym, did some laundry, took a walk with dh, watched golf, and ate some pizza. All in that order haha!

Hope everyone has a lovely Sunday! Xxx

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Junebug, darn that your basement toilet needs a plumber. Some things are more important than others too. I swear I can work 7 hours straight and take one minute to look at Facebook on my phone and my boss walks by, Just my luck. Sounds like you ordered some fun things. Sweet. Great idea to have pizza in the refrigerator for your DH’s late arrival. I wouldn’t stay up to greet Marty at 1:30 in the morning either. I know he is always hungry when he gets here. I see you had the pizza today; it does warm up well in the oven but not so much in the microwave. I get hungry for pizza every now and then too.

Mamabean, your trip and outing with your friends will be a lot of fun. Marty would be sadly disappointment waiting for me to cook 3 meals for him everyday. Since he follows a strict diet based on meeting a % of protein, carbs and fat he likes to prepare meals for himself anyway. Now if only he’d rinse his dishes. I always told me friend she was buying our next lunch and I plan on ordering one of everything on the menu. Ha! My knee has degenerative arthritis and is not only bone on bone but the kneecap is slipped and out of place. It is slightly better today. Oh no about your mother falling and breaking the toilet. I am so glad she wasn’t hurt but oh what a mess you guys had then. You certainly deserve a vacation away. When my dad was my mom’s care give his doctor was always after him to get time away for himself even if it was just a cup of coffee with his buddies. I’m with Kate on being an enabler; I vote for an upgrade too.

Missy, it worked out well for you and Greg to have a house on the beach. Such a gorgeous view! You can’t have too many fashion choices of helmets and shoes for your tandem bike rides. Too funny about Karl and Francesca KISSING. I iced my knee twice today but lifting kind of irritated it again. Stupid knee. I love seeing your mileage; post those pictures all you want. My dad kept a journal that had all their mileage for road trips and how many miles he road on a snow mobile every year. Pretty cool memories there. Your photos look great as always and too cute your packages were being guarded. I hope your party was fun tonight. How could it not be? You look very pretty in your party dress.

Austina, I am glad your satellite dish was an easy fix. Nice that Adam will set up your old iPad for Colin. My in-laws were visiting a few summers ago and were using one iPad between the 2 of them. They bicker at each other constantly anyway so they were always arguing over who got the iPad. I’d been thinking of upgrading my iPad anyway and I got so sick of listening to them bickering so I went out and got a new iPad then gave them my old one. Your mint chocolate ice cream dessert sounds good. I picked up some Dove dark chocolate mint promises; we are both totally enjoying them.

Kate, you are very welcome. Those people we love and cherish are always with us in our heart. I am getting a little bit worried about my knee; it usually it back to it’s usual bad self by now but we will see. Marty might have to put a bungee cord on my neck and drag me through the airport next month. Good thing he is strong. I can’t believe some of the television providers haven’t taken HBO / Cinemax to court over their unreasonable charges to providers. I can’t say I miss it though. You are getting closer to Ever’s arrival. I am so excited. I was watching my ACA in the sunlight at Arby’s yesterday and thought just think what Kate’s ACA would look like since it is twice the size as mine.

I watched 6 episodes of The White Queen today. It’s about the royal families fighting over the crown in the late 1400’s. Interesting. There are 4 more episodes then I’ll download the 8 episodes of The White Princess which continues the story. My current book is quite intriguing as well - tomorrow will be a lazy TV / read day.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Girls, I will post later if I can. I need your prayers.

Something is wrong with Francesca. She hid all day yesterday which is normal for her when we have company but last night when everyone left she was not right and her breathing was funny and she wasn't eating and she was listless. We thought she would be fine this morning and was just stressed. Anyway this AM she is the same and refuses to eat. She last ate yesterday morning at 5AM. I called my sister and we are very concerned but don't want to stress her further by bringing her to an animal hospital this morning unless she goes into respiratory distress. Please think good thoughts for her and pray that she will recover from whatever this is. :pray:

@Mamabean I took tons of photos yesterday and will share with all of you later or another time.

I hope everyone is well and I am sorry I am not responding to each of you individually right now. Greg and I are so upset and are staying home today to monitor Francesca.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry @missy and am keeping Francesca in my thoughts, and you and Greg too...I'm hoping and praying she starts feeling better soon. (((Hugs)))

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sorry to hear about Francesca. Sending her mega dust to feel better soon.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi All!
Oh no :(sad @missy I am sending all the get well wishes Francesca’s way. I hope she feels better today. Good luck!! You looked beautiful yesterday and what a gorgeous sky is right! I hope you enjoyed your company and day yesterday. ((Hugs))

@Mamabean Haha, yes I got a new AVR moissy. I just couldn’t resist when one came up preloved on Loupe Troop. And of course I needed to set it in a ring because I loooove allll the rings. @Tekate I didn’t post it here because, ya know, it’s a simulant. But they are soo pretty as @Mamabean can attest to! You have to check out the fabulous faux jewelry thread on August Vintage and I also added it to the David Klass show me the bling thread.

@Tekate I am so excited for you to get your new ring! Ummm, nearly three carats of deliciousness!? :love: My FDIL has an ACA, of course with my help, and I can’t take my eyes off of her ring when I am with her. It draws me in every time! Yummy! So thrilled for you! :appl:

Well ladies, I have twelve days left of school. Yippee! Then I’ll have more time for myself! I am doing well, thank you all! I am still fighting the c diff though (since December) and now trying a very slow taper off of the antibiotics. Every time I come off of them, it comes raging back :wall: And it makes me feel so awful with fever, headaches and body aches and a host of other symptoms I won’t mention here. :knockout:
I try to follow along, but you ladies move fast over here! :P2

Hope everyone is well and enjoying the fabulous spring. You’ll see more of me in the summer when I have time for fun and me! Hoping this summer proves to be much better than last :pray: It’s been fourteen months of this health crap and I am so done with it. I do really appreciate all the kind and warm wishes from here! :kiss2: You ladies never fail to warm my heart ♥️
((Hugs)) to all!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh @missy I hope Francesca’s just feeling a little off because of your company yesterday. I will say a prayer for her...and continue until you say she’s all better...:kiss2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks guys. No changes. Just watching her. As a distraction so I don’t drive Greg and Francesca crazy I’ll share the photos from yesterday. It was a perfect day. Though I would take it all back if Francesca would be ok. I don’t understand what happened. She was fine yesterday before everyone came and then disappeared everyone left around 9PM. Then refused to eat and was listless and a bit labored in her breathing. :cry2: I’m so worried and I know you understand. Thank you all for your well wishes for Francesca.

Pics. Warning...photo overload
Posting from my phone and it’s all out of order.

48774F4B-AB06-4327-B6A3-ED10BE19E0DC.png 6F19D8AD-FA32-47BA-9C75-49DEA150F360.png 04DF7F38-EF85-450C-9181-27842E0DF6DA.png C75B0905-3B8A-453C-B536-5B2E915FEC25.png C3C55F92-A572-4878-94CD-B0D9B83D81B2.png . 2B827296-3ACC-44C6-B294-90C56752F412.png 1538483B-EC74-434A-893C-69B461360499.png C20D96B6-BAAF-407C-BCD8-7336DFCA229D.png 819EAD81-2DD8-4A1A-8875-673C81455B3A.png 36B5169C-4436-439E-9C16-61B1D1335BC7.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pics continued

6103CB78-9B73-4C0C-BC15-AAC5B593E47E.jpeg

04F7094E-FAD3-4AB8-8029-5FB541B0C52F.jpeg

327A543D-C213-4755-B939-EC0A372D3A56.jpeg 27E5B96D-713A-497A-AD9F-A5DB6F19F632.jpeg

6298438C-D037-4012-ABFE-72CB683F718F.jpeg 396499B1-5BCA-44B2-AC12-3183510BFC6C.jpeg 40F110CA-24D3-4079-B4C0-65CE1AE6E6C2.jpeg

A90E0185-BA2A-4078-9A4B-58DE9776ED5F.jpeg

93B18DEB-D04A-4F84-8305-1BAEF04F0F07.jpeg

Haha ok need a bling pic since we are on PS after all.

277EFD56-5D74-4F08-9289-77D23E18F4E1.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results