shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh and I took a pantascopic photo for you of the beach yesterday. It was foggy and grey but pretty nonetheless.

pantascopicbeachshot.png

The iphone rocks. I love taking these weird pantascopic photos.

Pantascopic Sunrise

pantascopicviewbackyardsunrise.png

and pantascopic cycling shot

pantascopiccyclingshot.jpg.png

Try saying pantascopic fast a few times...lol tongue twister. :P2

ETA: This is the HG helmet I wish I could purchase. The Abus Airbreaker helmet.
https://bikerumor.com/2019/05/14/re...helmet-blends-aero-lightweight-great-cooling/

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Darn my reply to everyone is on the previous page...please don't think I forgot to reply to each of you. I hate it when that happens. This thread moves pretty fast.:ugeek:

Good morning girls! Happy Friday or as some of the kids say Friyay.
1237372v4er6kso38.gif

@junebug17 I am so sorry you are in such pain but it is completely understandable honey. Losing Zoe is a huge loss and trauma and just take it one day at a time and be kind to yourself. Keep remembering you gave her everything she could ever hope for and made her time on earth one filled with love and security and comfort. I hope you have a nice visit at the beach and sending you more gentle hugs and love and healing vibes. Beautiful sunset.:love: {{{HUGS}}}.

@Mamabean I am sorry for the huge ordeal you and David went through but good for you in figuring out how best to draw his blood. Momma knows best. You're a great mom Joanne. Your huggies and pendant are beautiful and so is your new area rug and I hope the smell is gone by now.

@marcy glad you enjoyed ice cream for dessert yesterday and glad you had a lovely birthday. No worries about forgetting to take a photo. I have plenty.:lol:
For you-our ice cream selection from yesterday. Tangerine mango sorbet with dairy free vanilla ice cream for me and full dairy vanilla for Greg.
Screen Shot 2019-05-31 at 5.36.01 AM.png

Glad you got to go out to lunch with a friend yesterday. How is Marty's back doing? Hope today goes well and woohoo the weekend is coming.

@Tekate what a sweet photo of dear Autumn...she is a beautiful girl and knowing her family I know she will be just as beautiful on the inside as outside.:kiss2: She is growing so fast. Love the name Ever for your ring. It's perfect. Ooh hope John has a good time at his reunion and lol to you not having to go. That is a relief. Whew. Though when Greg had his HS reunion (last year? the year before last?) I wanted to go and it was fun but mainly because I know many of his HS friends and they are great and it wasn't too far away...only about 90 minutes away so an easy trip. Have a great weekend relaxing and sending you love and hugs. And thank you for the lovely compliment on my new red shoes. LOL I just received notice another pair of (different) red cycling shoes are due to arrive today or tomorrow and I forgot I ordered them. I am ordering so many cycling things I forget what I ordered. Still have 3 more helmets coming because yesterday 2 more arrived and they are too heavy so I took a chance and ordered 2 different helmets. I think we have 6 helmets to send back. Oy I hate sending things back but this is crazy. The helmets are either too old-2 were manufactured in 2015! despite me calling and checking that it was the latest model...pretty annoyed at the extra work they are causing us by misinforming us :knockout: or too heavy. The search continues. But I now have 3 red helmets, 2 black helmets and one white helmet all that need to go back to the cycling companies. As Greg said I am always in search of the HG of something. First my OEC ER, then the HG tandem, and now this. There have been other things in between but this is what my foggy early AM brain can remember. Of course Greg was the first HG I obtained.:whistle::lol:

@Austina I hope your visit with Shirley next month goes well. A difficult and sad situation. Sending you and Colin good luck vibes.

@Slick1 the weekend is almost here and fingers crossed the weather so far looks OK. How are you feeling? Sending you hugs and healing vibes. XOXO.

Hi @AV_ hope you are looking forward to a great weekend!

We had a great ride yesterday and then enjoyed a lovely dinner out after I took a long bath in between the ride and dinner. Almost a perfect day. Almost because it was a bit foggy and cool during the ride and a bit of drizzle but still lots of fun and I am glad we don't wait for perfect weather or we would rarely ride here in the NE. I also got to go to one of our favorite bike shops near where we used to live about 27 miles away during our bicycling yesterday but sadly he had no lightweight helmets for me. The owner researched while we were there too but he couldn't find any that could be shipped to the US. It seems Europe has lightweight helmets but they don't pass the USA guidelines for safety so they cannot be shipped here. Crazy because if one is over 17 one doesn't even have to wear a helmet so why can't we get the light European helmets sent here. Thanks Big Brother that is the USA being a net nanny. :knockout:

This is the one I want. The owner told me to take a photo and see if I can track it down. LOL trying to circumvent the USA's rules. If he cannot do it I doubt I can but OK. IN the meantime I did order 2 new helmets and hoping they will work. Coming next Wednesday I think. And I do have another coming Tuesday. Fingers crossed. It's not just the weight but when ordering online you don't know the year of manufacture and you don't want too old a helmet as they degrade even when not used. And as I wrote above I was told I was ordering the recent model and yesterday I received 2 more helmets but they were 2015! Not acceptable and now I am annoyed because I have to send them back and go to UPS which is out of our way. And I spoke to someone on the phone insisting they pay for return shipping since they told me the wrong info.:snooty: Still waiting for that label.:twirl:

Screen Shot 2019-05-31 at 5.51.38 AM.png

The bike shop I love

Screen Shot 2019-05-31 at 5.51.21 AM.png

Today we are heading to Pt Pleasant again and maybe Bayhead depending on how tough the wind and weather is today. Should be a nice day but we will see once we get out to the shore. Looking forward to a good cycling day.

One more photo...this is the Sea Streak that goes into NYC and takes off right near us at the beach which is one of the reasons we decided to move here. We can get into the city without driving. Here it is taking off yesterday AM at 8. This is one of their newest ships and one of the largest they have.
You can see how foggy (or as we call it froggy) it was yesterday and this is how it's been here for the past 3 days.

Screen Shot 2019-05-31 at 5.57.23 AM.png

Have a wonderful day girls! Leaving you with some photos from dinner last night.:lickout:
LOL it's 6AM and now I am hungry again.:P2

Screen Shot 2019-05-31 at 5.58.43 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-31 at 5.58.53 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-31 at 5.59.05 AM.png

Enjoy this lovely day ladies!

LOL also forgot to share this...it's a good chuckle and who doesn't want a good hearty laughs...here is a funny funny joke my girlfriend sent me the other day. LOVE this. I'd give her credit but not sure she wants me to mention she sent it so I am keeping her anonymous. But thank you to you know who if you are reading. This is too funny and Greg loved it too.

catsvsdogs.jpg

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy
I get the point of helmets & the look of biking people in Panama hats .) (possibly illegal, beyond reckless!)

Lovey road...

I owe some pictures on this thread!

Last edited:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy wow I know this thread moves.. went to bed last night thinking I was caught up! :) boy the helmet situation is annoying to say the minimum. You know this is where I just cannot stand rules made by the government, at times, this helmet situation is nonsense and you should be able to buy one that fits YOUR needs, as an adult. Rules sometimes make no sense.

Your pictures are gorgeous. I must say it's so beautiful on the Jersey shore, I've only been there once 35 years ago, great seafood. Did you ever seen Bruce Springsteen? I thought he lived in that area as his daughter is a huge horsewoman. Katie met him a few times, she said he's nice to the regular folk :) Your sorbet and ice creams look divine.. I love sorbet.. Thank you for your nice words about Ever, John thinks in a year I'll be mentioning upgrading and have DSS, I don't think so, but now I wonder, if HE said it then maybe I should! hahaha! Have a great day Missy, hello to Greg and the furkids, I dropped Salley off yesterday at the groomers and they have an old tabby there that is soooo beautiful and lovely and I always want to take her. I love cats, it's John's allergy to cat dander that really stops me, Mike has a beautiful beautiful cat, Luna and when I get back to Texas I will keep her 1/2 the year as I just love her, she's quiet (except at night when she howls all night) and she is regal and she is just so loving. I love her. Maybe I will take Autie AND Luna and he can his dog Poncho! I like it.. hahaha, he won't think it's funny though. CLEANING LADY DAY! so I must clean up for them.. taking John to the airport, dropping off some returnable bottles to this wonderful farm near us called Smiling Hills, they have returnable bottles at 1.50$, and I have 6, we buy their Christmas egg nog every year so there is about 3 years worth of bottles here! http://www.smilinghill.com/Page1.html

Autie looks like a 6 month old in my latest photo, she is tall no doubt but I think Cara took the pix at an angle that makes her look bigger than she is.. Haven't had a photo in 2 days, I'm going to bug Mike today! Chris sounds happy which makes me happy. Sun just came out and it's going to be in the 70s today! and sunny.. Hope you are having a great ride this morning and hope you have a great day Missy the Marvelous! thank you for all you kind words.. I so love it! makes me feel happy. Missy, the food all looks delicious, I LOVE SCALLOPS, my first seafood I ever ordered myself when I was 16, I didn't even know what it was, I just was with a guy who did so I pretended and boy I loved them ever since.. yum!

@Calliecake Callie I can't find the post where you say you got your car/SUV and what you got? I'm going to guess: A Macron! I like them, never gonna get one because it's outta my price range but I would love to have one! My price range is a Subaru for our next SUV I think.. don't want to buy one till my BMW dies..:love::love::love:

@marcy How's Marty's back. I think many of us minimize our physical pain, because we are taught to do this. I hope he's feeling better Marcy. I'm happy to read you had a great bday and you got out and had ice cream! happy happy day today! :love::love: Marcy (and I hope the Moaner takes Monday off too). :) xo

@Mamabean I too am so happy to read that your son David made it thru the blood take, I too have a real problem giving blood so I totally understand what he has to go through, and I have had IVs put into my hand 2X because they couldn't find anywhere else.. You are a wonderful mom Joanne! oh and thank you for your Autie comments, she is the bestest baby ever (even better than her Dad who made a crying baby look normal ugh :)) Have a wonderful day Joanne! (can't wait to see that new pendant!).. Tiffany! my SIL just got a Tiffany butterfly pendant, it's lovely, it's too young for me but she is 45 and has a Tiffany Etoile wedding band (and 2 stones fell out, that annoyed her!) she is definately a Tiffany girl. I just drool. :) I think Marcy said she is looking forward to ear and neck shots and ME TOO! :love::love:

@Austina I hope this visit with Shirley will help her Austina, being with friends who love her and her husband may be different than with family, I hope she isn't experiencing dementia, it could just be unbearable pain in her heart. How's DS? are you coming over to the US for his operation :love::love::love:

@AV_ how was your sunrise? it's FRIDAY! hope it was wonderful! :love::love:

@junebug17 June I wish I could take your pain away, it's such an empty feeling, I know. Give yourself all the time you need to grieve and remember, I love the pix you put up June, this new one is adorable.. Our pets are not pets, they are family, they give and give and cats give so much in their love and their purr, I love to hear a cat purr, it's like ocean water to me.. I send you a huge hug and another one June, I send you love too June, tons of it.. :love::love::love:

To everyone, Happy FRIDAY! sending good vibes to you all and lotsa love.

Kate

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Tekate Thank you Kate..:kiss2:I bought the pendant preloved. The reason why I bought a Tiffany pendant was because at least I know the diamonds won’t look like frozen sp*t! :lol:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friyay lovelies

I’m so sorry @junebug17, it’s so hard when they’ve gone, they always leave such a gap in your life and a big hole in your heart :(2 That’s the price we pay for loving them so much. I’m glad you arrived safely and I hope you have a peaceful few days away. xxx

We”re heading to Tx in a few weeks @Mamabean and will visit Shirley when we’re there. She and her DIL are heading back to her home in the next couple of days. She lives 3 3/4 hrs from Adam & Kim, so we’re going to spend a couple of days with her.

Sounds like you had a lovely day yesterday, and topping it off with dinner out, perfect! Yum to the tangerine mango sorbet, that sounds delish :lickout:

I hope you can get your helmet sorted soon, what a faff to have to keep sending them back. I’ve never understood why it isn’t law for all riders to wear helmets, just thing of the lives it would save.

Sounds like you had a nice birthday @marcy, lunch, dinner and ice cream :lickout: I hope the big guy is ok for his competition tomorrow.

Get out and have fun this weekend @AV_ :lol:

It’s Colin who’s having surgery in September @Tekate, he’s fine at the moment, no pain, so he’s happy to wait until our trips are out of the way.

I went out to lunch with the ladies I used to work with at the surgery today, it was lovely catching up with them, although I’m not keen on the place we went to eat.

No plans for the weekend, it’s going to be a scorcher here!

Sending good thoughts to all the lovely NIRDI’s, take care :wavey:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Tekate 'Friday'... tells me the week is gone & I have no real reason to STOP doing what I am doing - except that fact that Saturday morning is the nicest time to be around for breakfast in town. @Austina I hear you! & still remember what 'burned out' means (not again this year, thank you very much indeed - I so want this new job, I'm affraid to name it until signing up for good!...).

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy I need a poem about how bad the post office is..:lol:
I stopped my mail because my Tiffany pendant was going to be delivered on Friday and I was going to be in Maryland. I even texted my mailman to let him know...I got a notice that a delivery attempt was made and they left a notice on my door. They will probably try again tomorrow..and I won’t be there again..:confused2:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

AV, Marty is excited for tomorrow. There are 54 people in the competition and 3 of them are his clients. Marty should probably win his class but there won’t be any awards because he is the only one in that class (weight and age). Yay for a nice sunrise.

Missy, your ice cream looks delicious. Marty hasn’t mentioned his back today and I didn’t ask. I on the other hand twisted my bad knee tonight and it’s talking to me. Phooey. What a pain to have to return things but at least you are exploring all of your options on helmets. It’s important you like them and they are safe. That ship is pretty big; it’s nice you can get a ride in to the city. Dinner looks delicious. Great pictures but of course the sunrise is my favorite. I need to get up early enough to catch one.

Kate, ha ha that’s me - cleaning up for the cleaning lady. Marty has a stack of shoes and socks on the floor right now and our dining room table is our collect all so always needs attention. Marty hasn’t mentioned his back today but he is quite excited to compete tomorrow. They are all meeting at 6:30 in the morning for breakfast; I don’t plan on joining them. Ha! The Moaner is working Monday but I’m not. What a nice break for me, huh? Oh no that you SIL had 2 diamonds fall out of her Etoile band. I’ve had mine 4 years now and haven’t had any issues with it. It’s one of my favorite bands. Any news on Ever?

Mamabean, I am sure you’ll love your Tiffany pendant. Oh no about your pendant being delivered and no one is there to receive it. If it’s like our local post office you can’t find a phone number to call and actually talk to a person.

Austina, you’ll be in Texas before you know it. I am sure Shirley will enjoy your visit. Marty is talking about his competition tomorrow right now; I doubt he’ll notice his back even if it is hurting. That’s nice you had lunch with your former co-workers. Stay cool this weekend.

My SIL got here today. We all went out for supper and had some good laughs. Marty picked up some stuff for a cooler tomorrow so he doesn’t have to go anywhere for food during breaks. I hope he and his clients do well. I need to charge up the battery on my little camera.

Take care.
Marcy

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@marcy Of course Marty is in a category of his own ,) I'd be certainly lifting too with all the giddy houha around!
I am always baffled to hear of anyone looking forward to competing in anything - it is too.... beyond me.

Sending all my best!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I need a poem about how bad the post office is..:lol:
I stopped my mail because my Tiffany pendant was going to be delivered on Friday and I was going to be in Maryland. I even texted my mailman to let him know...I got a notice that a delivery attempt was made and they left a notice on my door. They will probably try again tomorrow..and I won’t be there again..:confused2:

Oh no, I'm sorry Joanne. :((
OK just a quick poem from my early morning foggy brain...and hope you can somehow get satisfaction and enjoy your new tiffany bling.

Post Office, Post Office
You make us so blue
Our mail and packages so often overdue
We are clueless as to where they might be
Will they arrive soon or maybe next week

What happened to your creed
Timely delivery
with efficiency and speed
Long ago mail delays were quite rare
What happened to you, do you no longer care
Receiving mail on time these days
More the exception than rule
Well dear Post Office
that is just so uncool

Post Office Post office
You make us so blue
Please deliver our stuff
While it is still new

Our dear friend Joanne
is waiting so patiently
Please send her Tiffany
(pendant)
Straight to me
I am at the house with lot of kitties
that is on the beach
Won't you please deliver it right away,
don't delay, be a peach

I promise to keep it safe
and away from the storm
No need to keep my sweet friend
sad and forlorn
This way her pendant
will be loved and worn

Unofficial Post Office Creed:
"Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds"

Good morning girls! Off to get coffee...will be back in a few.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm back and having some yummy black strong coffee. Ahhhh life is good.
Good morning girls! Happy Caturday Saturday!

@junebug17 hope you are enjoying your beach house and just being away. Sending you love and keeping you in my thoughts.

@missy
I get the point of helmets & the look of biking people in Panama hats .) (possibly illegal, beyond reckless!)

Lovey road...

I owe some pictures on this thread!

Yes please do share some photos. LOVE when you lovely ladies share pics with all of us.

Sounds like you had a lovely day yesterday, and topping it off with dinner out, perfect! Yum to the tangerine mango sorbet, that sounds delish :lickout:

I hope you can get your helmet sorted soon, what a faff to have to keep sending them back. I’ve never understood why it isn’t law for all riders to wear helmets, just thing of the lives it would save.

It is a law if one is under 17 in the USA but one that is not enforced. I am not a big rule follower and don't generally like laws telling us what to do with our personal lives etc but I get the thinking behind it. I have mixed feelings. During our childhood in the late 60s and 70s it was not a law to wear a seat belt and in fact no children car seats were available at least we didn't have any. I often sat in the very front seat too lol as a little child. My how things have changed. And yes if rules save lives they are worthwhile but as an adult I prefer to make my own decisions. I don't like the government telling me what to do. But I do see both sides.

Stay cool @Austina. I am not a fan of the extreme temps heat or cold. Hope you enjoy a lovely weekend despite the scorcher that is coming your way. Thank goodness for AC! Best invention ever.

@missy wow I know this thread moves.. went to bed last night thinking I was caught up! :) boy the helmet situation is annoying to say the minimum. You know this is where I just cannot stand rules made by the government, at times, this helmet situation is nonsense and you should be able to buy one that fits YOUR needs, as an adult. Rules sometimes make no sense.

Your pictures are gorgeous. I must say it's so beautiful on the Jersey shore, I've only been there once 35 years ago, great seafood. Did you ever seen Bruce Springsteen? I thought he lived in that area as his daughter is a huge horsewoman. Katie met him a few times, she said he's nice to the regular folk :) Your sorbet and ice creams look divine.. I love sorbet.. Thank you for your nice words about Ever, John thinks in a year I'll be mentioning upgrading and have DSS, I don't think so, but now I wonder, if HE said it then maybe I should! hahaha! Have a great day Missy, hello to Greg and the furkids, I dropped Salley off yesterday at the groomers and they have an old tabby there that is soooo beautiful and lovely and I always want to take her. I love cats, it's John's allergy to cat dander that really stops me, Mike has a beautiful beautiful cat, Luna and when I get back to Texas I will keep her 1/2 the year as I just love her, she's quiet (except at night when she howls all night) and she is regal and she is just so loving. I love her. Maybe I will take Autie AND Luna and he can his dog Poncho! I like it.. hahaha, he won't think it's funny though. CLEANING LADY DAY! so I must clean up for them.. taking John to the airport, dropping off some returnable bottles to this wonderful farm near us called Smiling Hills, they have returnable bottles at 1.50$, and I have 6, we buy their Christmas egg nog every year so there is about 3 years worth of bottles here! http://www.smilinghill.com/Page1.html

Autie looks like a 6 month old in my latest photo, she is tall no doubt but I think Cara took the pix at an angle that makes her look bigger than she is.. Haven't had a photo in 2 days, I'm going to bug Mike today! Chris sounds happy which makes me happy. Sun just came out and it's going to be in the 70s today! and sunny.. Hope you are having a great ride this morning and hope you have a great day Missy the Marvelous! thank you for all you kind words.. I so love it! makes me feel happy. Missy, the food all looks delicious, I LOVE SCALLOPS, my first seafood I ever ordered myself when I was 16, I didn't even know what it was, I just was with a guy who did so I pretended and boy I loved them ever since.. yum!

Autie is a gorgeous child Kate. Truly a beauty and as I wrote before I know she will be just as beautiful on the inside too with you and the rest of her family guiding and loving her. Good luck with your cleaning lady day. Ours is coming up and I hate it. I have so much to do to get ready for them lol. Must clean and organize and all that jazz. Safe trip to John. I love scallops too and mainly order them because they are low in mercury. I can no longer enjoy my yummy bluefish. Oh well. Please send us photos of Luna too. She sounds like a purrrfectly sweet and beautiful kitty.

The Jersey shore is beautiful I agree. Stunning in so many ways. Bruce Springsteen has played at the Stone Pony many times I believe.

Kate, I am here for you if you want to bling shop and upgrade anything. At your disposal but shhh don't tell John.:shhh: :halo:
Have a great weekend Kate the Great and sending you big (((hugs))).

Missy, your ice cream looks delicious. Marty hasn’t mentioned his back today and I didn’t ask. I on the other hand twisted my bad knee tonight and it’s talking to me. Phooey. What a pain to have to return things but at least you are exploring all of your options on helmets. It’s important you like them and they are safe. That ship is pretty big; it’s nice you can get a ride in to the city. Dinner looks delicious. Great pictures but of course the sunrise is my favorite. I need to get up early enough to catch one.

Ugh @marcy I am so sorry you hurt your knee. :( I hope it is much better today. I wish we weren't up so early lol. Now we are basically awake by 4AM every day. Poor Greg as soon as I get up he usually does too but then we enjoy coffee in bed together with the kitties and enjoy an early start to the day. Which doesn't suck. But not sleeping enough does. Hope you enjoy a lovely day.

@Slick1 we never left the beach lol. We have been here for a few weeks and hope to be here for even longer. Though I hate to think of all the packages and mail etc piling up in NYC. But we are having fun and Greg's vacation officially starts this Monday so woohoo no more CCs for a while. Hope you are having a great weekend and feeling well and sending you big (((hugs))).

We enjoyed a wonderful Friday. Amazing weather and we rode over 70 miles yesterday and did get to Bayhead and Mantoloking. It was a perfect cycling day. I have so many photos but don't want to bore you with them so will just share a few. It's hard choosing though lol.

First up a sweet doggie taking a bike ride with his daddy who rode with us for a bit. LOL we attract everyone it seems while riding. Not kidding. But no complaints...it's fun. Wes was lovely to chat with and has lived in Bayhead for 45 years!
Screen Shot 2019-06-01 at 6.03.02 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-01 at 6.12.18 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-01 at 6.03.16 AM.png

And we reached Mantoloking woohoo!

Screen Shot 2019-06-01 at 6.03.27 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-01 at 6.06.05 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-01 at 6.05.57 AM.png

and after the long ride South we headed back North to Days where we enjoyed some delicious ice cream and sorbet. Yummm.

Screen Shot 2019-06-01 at 6.02.36 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-01 at 6.06.29 AM.png

Have a wonderful day girls! (((HUGS))).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a few more I wanted to share of our trip over the bridge to Pt Pleasant. The bridge is sort of scary (to me) but worth the trip over it to get to Pt Pleasant and Bayhead and Mantoloking.

Screen Shot 2019-06-01 at 6.16.39 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-01 at 6.14.25 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-01 at 6.13.58 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-01 at 6.14.09 AM.png

Now that I have gone ahead and bored you with too many photos will share a few more of our friend G's workshop. We ran into him along our ride yesterday so of course had to stop by his "garage" and check out his new stuff. It's amazing what he has in there. Very retro.

Look at this fridge.
Screen Shot 2019-06-01 at 6.19.30 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-01 at 6.18.34 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-01 at 6.19.20 AM.png

And lastly leaving you with a beautiful photo of one of the beaches we rode by yesterday. It was the quintessential beach day (for me because the temps were perfect IMO).
Screen Shot 2019-06-01 at 6.19.06 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-06-01 at 6.14.25 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-01 at 6.14.25 AM.png
    918.7 KB · Views: 19

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh no, I'm sorry Joanne. :((
OK just a quick poem from my early morning foggy brain...and hope you can somehow get satisfaction and enjoy your new tiffany bling.

Post Office, Post Office
You make us so blue
Our mail and packages so often overdue
We are clueless as to where they might be
Will they arrive soon or maybe next week

What happened to your creed
Timely delivery
with efficiency and speed
Long ago mail delays were quite rare
What happened to you, do you no longer care
Receiving mail on time these days
More the exception than rule
Well dear Post Office
that is just so uncool

Post Office Post office
You make us so blue
Please deliver our stuff
While it is still new

Our dear friend Joanne
is waiting so patiently
Please send her Tiffany
(pendant)
Straight to me
I am at the house with lot of kitties
that is on the beach
Won't you please deliver it right away,
don't delay, be a peach

I promise to keep it safe
and away from the storm
No need to keep my sweet friend
sad and forlorn
This way her pendant
will be loved and worn

Unofficial Post Office Creed:
"Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds"

Good morning girls! Off to get coffee...will be back in a few.
Omg! This is so good @missy! You missed your calling! :lol: Thanks! :kiss2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy I loved seeing all the photos! I miss that area! Some of it reminds me of Martha’s Vineyard which I love. I bet you guys attract attention..The beam of light coming off Bubbalah announces your arrival into town! :love:
I sent a text to Elliot..my mailman...His response is below. He truly hates his job which is pretty sad....He is grumpy..but nice to me..... He NEVER smiles...He throws all the packages in the back of his mail truck but mine are neatly stored so they don’t get damaged. I don’t get it...but I’m not complaining! I love him..I always tell him that I think he’s very funny..He delivers all his humor with a blank face which just cracks me up..The thought of my pendant sitting in a mailtub at the post office gives me a little anxiety but I guess I’m not liable until they deliver it. He usually leaves the tub with all the accumulated mail on my side door entrance..I’ll just make sure I’m home on Monday. David also mailed my earrings..They’re also coming Monday by UPS so fingers crossed for both! :appl:
399FBD59-A795-4E6F-A2B0-EB4CD683EF2C.jpeg
If someone can tell me how to shrink my photos it would be very much appreciated! Omg..Sorry

Last edited:
Reactions: AV_

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@marcy Hope Marty has fun today. And getting up at 6:00 a.m. on a Saturday when one works during the week? naw! :) it's a good week when you can avoid our 'lovely' moaner co-workers, I consider a moaner to fall into the narcistic personality disorder spectrum. My ring is scheduled to be mailed on 6/17, we shall see, I am going away that weekend and will return late on 6/17 so I hope that all goes well, otherwise I will ask Becca to hold off a day or two...I'm excited to say the least. I hope it looks good, I've changed the head to a Tiffany style six prong head with claw prongs.. hope the ring doesn't look like a mishmash of old and new styles.. now I need to get some thin bands to go with the new ring. I am getting this ring in a size 7, size 7.25 is my knuckle and I'm sick of having rings feel loose. happy Caturday! or Kateurday!!!

@missy thank you Missy for all your beautiful words. Autie is my heart. Cara told me yesterday that she is sleeping well at night but no napping too well. I dunno she isn't even 2 months old yet so it's early. John had a good time at his reunion, I know this because he texted me he did, that's all I know, but I didn't know John then so I have to skin in the game to hear about people. He loves loves loves his little brother, his youngest brother, bro #5 and John is king bro #1, the are most alike, they look alike except for a 11 year difference and they are good guys. My SIL is a Tiffany fan, and she has a 2 carat princess diamond, it's lovely, but John can't wait to spill the beans on my new ring - ya know, there is a bit of competition between John and David (BIL), with 5 brothers in John's family of super brainy programmers and one bus driver, it had to happen :)

Gosh that poem is awesome! you are super talented, you could rap! I can't write a poem to save my life.. @Jimmianne is an awesome artist. There is such talent in our NIRDI's! Design queens, seriously healthy ladies too.

Luna! looney Luna, Lovely Luna, I love her. It's hard to get a pix of her as she's uber shy, usually Salley's with us in Texas so Luna won't come out of Salley is in the house, she lives upstairs, in a closet in the bottom of a small box, BUT Luna has learned how to open a door to the the closet according to Mike, I didn't see her do it, but next time we are in Texas I'm going to check it out. If I can, I'll keep Luna while we are in Texas and when we go back up east I'll give her back.. I have to work on John, he loves animals just as much as me and when he's around Luna so far he isn't is misery, but it is short intervals when we visit. Luna is gorgeous.

Everyone knows I'm totally liberal and support a strong federal government BUT there dumb laws, laws done by bureaucrats that do nothng, save nothing, and waste money and the helmet rule is fine except one as an adult CAN make their own decisions, and seriously I think this rule is overzealous, and I agree with you, I want to make my own decisions, there's a balance and we (our government) go overboard often.

70 MILES! jeez.. that is wonderful, I love how you are Greg are in unison in life, it's a hard hard thing to do in a relationship.. ((MISSY & GREG)).

It's great to see a dogDad taking his pup for a ride, and I'm not surprised that EVERYONE you encounter want to meet you guys.. not surprising at all.

Your yesterday was perfect, your friends workship is amazing, wow, I see Greg checking out everything.. and your ice cream/sorbet looks perfect. The bridge, is scary, but I know you both are very experienced and I won't worry :) xoxoxoxo to sweetie.

I'll be back later to check in and see if there is anything new to read. Have a WONDERFUL WEEKEND ladies.. as always, sending love!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Phew it’s hot!

I’m not in favour of Big Brother @missy, but my issue with cyclists not wearing helmets is that, as road users, we have to have insurance and pay road tax, cyclists don’t. If they cause an accident, without insurance, you have no claim against them, or if they are involved in an accident and are hurt, they get taken to hospital, and we, as tax payers pay for their treatment. If wearing a helmet prevents catastrophic injury, and saves the tax payers money, then I’m all for it. I would be too scared not to wear a helmet, and any other protective clothing if I was cycling on the roads here. I wouldn’t let Adam cycle without a helmet when he was young. I’m not sure what the law is here, I suppose I just don’t understand anyone not taking every possible precaution to protect themselves. I think our seatbelt laws were introduced in 1983, and whilst at first, I thought the Government shouldn’t be telling me what to do, I was pregnant that year and realised the wisdom in being as safe as possible. It’s even an offence now not to have your dog secured in a vehicle, both for their safety and that of the driver and passengers. The thought of an idiot in front of me stopping suddenly and having to brake so hard that Dottie went flying through the windscreen, fills me with horror.

You have such lovely scenery as a backdrop to your cycling, and of course, an ice cream stop along the way :lickout: what’s not to like? I’m getting woken at just after 4am because it’s so light, but I’m definitely not getting up then :lol:

Good luck to Marty today @marcy, are you going to watch? Nice end to the week going out for food and a having some laughs.

Not long to wait now @Tekate, I’m sure you’re going to absolutely love Ever and it’s so great John is excited to have bragging rights too :mrgreen2:

I hope all the NIRDIS have a lovely weekend, we’ll be trying to stay cool and not get too annoyed about our satellite TV being a huge pain. :wavey:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, The pictures are beautiful. I’m so glad the weather has been cooperating and you have been able to cycle. Is the weather going to be nice this weekend?

@av Sending you lots of job dust. I can’t wait to hear all about this new endeavor. I’m with you on competition. I’ve never really understood it either. I hope you are able to get out and enjoy a lovely weekend.

@junebug17, I hope you all went well with your trip and you are having a good time with DH. Anything planned for the weekend?

@Austina, Are you feeling more comfortable about your upcoming visit with Shirley? I’m with you on kids wearing helmets. There are things in life we don’t get do overs with and unfortunately accidents fall into that category. I had to laugh at your 4:00 AM comment. I’m with you Austina, there is not much that could get me out of bed at 4:00 AM either.

@Tekate, Autie is adorable!!! She has the sweetest little face. How are you doing being away from her? Honestly Kate, I think we are so lucky being able to get pictures daily. Life was sure different before cell phones. I didn’t say anything earlier about deciding on a car because of the sheer lunacy I mentioned here trying to decide. I ended up getting an Infiniti. I’ve never been the kind of person who needed perfection to feel happy or joy about anything. I have no idea why I went down the car rabbit hole and trust me, I am well aware of how ridiculous I sounded. Do you wear your rings all the time Kate or do you take them off frequently? Why don’t you get the ring in a size 7.25 have the balls put in the band to prevent the ring from moving around. I worry you won’t be able to get it on and off. I had this done with a few rings and it made it much easier. My hands often swell a lot in the morning and evening.

@Mamabean, I am anxiously waiting for your jewelry purchases to arrive. It’s going to be one happy Monday at your house. Your mail man sounds like a hoot. I love hearing stories about your son. You are a very loving mom. I truly admire you Joanne.

@marcy, Have fun at Marty’s competition today. Sending good luck dust to Marty. I hope you and your SIL have a good time today.

We went shopping and out to dinner yesterday. It is funny how much more enjoyable shopping is when you aren’t having to go up a size. I ordered a bunch of dresses on line earlier in the week so today 5 packages were delivered. DH said I didn’t look as excited as I normally do when they arrived. I’d be happier if I thought there was a slim chance more than one of them would fit. Now i’m trying to decide if I want to try them on today. I’m leaning toward us going for a walk around town and getting ice cream LOL.

Last edited:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's! I will write more tomorrow. The competition was long but fun. Marty and his clients did great. Marty and my BFF got gold medals but really they were participation medals because they were the only ones in that division / category. My sister, BIL and nephew came to watch and planned on taking me out for my birthday dinner. Marty had invited his clients and their SO to go to dinner after the meet so 12 of us went out for dinner. It was a lot of fun.

Here is Marty and his 3 clients that participated today.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Good morning! (IMHO)

Just dragging my feet between two letters here, so @missy, the only pictures I could make are screenshots. The most beautiful city is calling & there is an embroidery project just behind the screen - calling even louder. But the Letters! ...
I used to write too much - getting complaints of florish over substance; now I write too little - I am getting asked for detail that could have easily been a sentence long digression in text. NIRDI does it better!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

@Tekate aww THANK YOU Kate!!! (((HUGS))) from Greg and me to you and John and all your wonderful family especially sweet granddaughter Autie and sweet Kate your niece. I almost feel like I know your whole family despite only meeting you and niece Kate.
I agree that cycling with Greg is an amazing and fun adventure always and it's wonderful that we can enjoy it together. I do feel very lucky that we can do this together. I am very glad John enjoyed his reunion and that Autie is sleeping through the night. It would be great if we all could nap though when we needed it lol. Don't worry if you cannot get a photo of Luna. Don't stress her out it's not worth it. Only if the occasion arises. No stress. I'm with you re government rules and regulations. We all know how crooked politicians are in general and well dont get me started. There is a reason I don't like discussing politics. It aggravates me greatly. I hate most politicians and the way I feel about the President is not fit for words. Since life is hard enough I choose to not get all riled up about what is happening in the government. They are (almost) all crooks IMO and if they are idealistic when they get started they have to adapt and change to make things happen so in the end they are beaten up and broken a bit. It's a dirty dirty dirty game politics. OK I wrote enough after saying I didn't want to discuss it. LOL.

I am so excited for you to get your ring. My heart is beating fast for you. I feel your energy and excitement and it is contagious. June 17th will be here soon.
cheerleader1.gif

@Mamabean we do attract a lot of attention on our bike. People are always taking photos and video of us. I have no video of us riding the tandem (except from my perspective when we are cycling but not of the two of us) though strangers sure do LOL. I remember one of the draw bridges we occasionally cross the draw bridge man ran out of his little "office" on the bridge to say hey I have video of you two crossing the bridge from last summer. Hahaha I wish I had thought at that time to stop and ask for a copy to be texted to my phone. Oh well.
I do love Martha's Vineyard and you are right that many Jersey shore towns remind me of the Vineyard. Ocean Grove and Mantoloking and Bayhead are a few of those towns.

Yay for your earrings arriving this Monday and woohoo for Elliot your Postman being so cool as to let you text him about deliveries and such. He rocks!
Just wish he liked his job better but I am sure customers like you cheer him up every day he sees you. Who wouldn't be cheered by your positive and upbeat and enthusiastic presence Joanne. (((Hugs))).

@Austina I do not disagree with you. I just don't care for Big Brother telling me what to do and what to wear and that I cannot have an abortion if I want to...I know I just made a huge jump there but this is where it begins. I cannot believe we are still fighting for our rights as women and our rights to do a we please with our own bodies. I know though this is not the topic at hand but I feel this is a slippery slope and I am tired of white middle aged men telling us what we can and cannot do. But yes I agree that I don't want to pay for those whose stupid actions cost all of us lots of money. Oy. This is why I prefer animals in general over most people. Present company excluded of course. I love the NIRDIs. And thank you for writing what you did in the other thread. I dont know if you saw my response but I feel the same way about you. XO.

Hi NIRDI's! I will write more tomorrow. The competition was long but fun. Marty and his clients did great. Marty and my BFF got gold medals but really they were participation medals because they were the only ones in that division / category. My sister, BIL and nephew came to watch and planned on taking me out for my birthday dinner. Marty had invited his clients and their SO to go to dinner after the meet so 12 of us went out for dinner. It was a lot of fun.

Here is Marty and his 3 clients that participated today.

Congrats @marcy to you and Mr Marty. Nice going and glad all of you enjoyed dinner.:appl:

@Calliecake thank you my dear. As you know we did enjoy many many cycling miles the past few weeks. We feel very fortunate that we have had decent weather in which to enjoy many cycling days. And as you know we surpassed our miles yesterday woohoo. Greg has promised me we can try for a 100 mile cycling day next time our weather cooperates if we are up for it. My knees have started bothering me which is super weird as I never had knee issues before. I think I might try stretching today as I have not been doing any stretching at all. After 7 hours on the bike I am too tired to do anything but shower and take a bath and eat dinner lol.

Did you get ice cream yesterday? What flavor? I hope you did and I hope you enjoyed a nice walk with J and I hope the dresses you ordered look beautiful on you. I am sure they will. Talk to you later.

@AV_ no worries and no pressure. Write what you want when you want it...this is a fun thread to do with what you wish and there is no goal nor pressure to conform to any rules or regulations. We know you are here and keeping us company and that is what matters. I feel your presence and am happy you are here with us. As for pics-many of the photos I share are screen shots as my phone automatically downloads (or is it uploads lol I am not savvy in computer language and all that tech stuff) to my apple computer and the only way I know how to share is to take screenshots from the apple computer photos.

@Slick1 I hope you had a good Saturday and have a good Sunday planned and are feeling good. (((HUGS))).

We cycled over 70 miles again yesterday but today will be a shorter ride as rain and thunder are appearing early afternoon. That's OK both of us need a shorter ride today lol.

Screen Shot 2019-06-02 at 5.59.38 AM.png
@Calliecake I guessed almost completely correctly about our total miles yesterday didn't I? Pretty sweet right?

We also saw Louie yesterday too. Haha we had to stop by and say hey. And I also received my new red cycling shoes the other night so wore them for the first time yesterday. Very comfy but a bit more clunky looking than my Mavic red shoes that I got last week. What do you all think?

Screen Shot 2019-06-02 at 6.02.00 AM.png

And we also visited a few more dogs yesterday. Cannot get my fill of the pups.:kiss2:
These are the bike shop doggies. Fierce. Not.:lol:

bikeshopdoggies.png

Cycled to Mantoloking again yesterday. Worth the long trip. Sigh. So beautiful here.

Screen Shot 2019-06-02 at 6.03.55 AM.png

Spoke to some of the locals again. People are super friendly here. They really got beat up during Sandy but most of it is rebuilt now. But OMG we rode through here not that long after Sandy and it was destroyed and it took years to build it back. Really makes a community pull together and be strong.

Look at the sun through the haze. Wow. Beautiful.

hazysun.png

I'm hitting send before PS loses my long post. PS is acting wonky right now. Fingers crossed I don't lose this post.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-06-02 at 6.03.01 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-02 at 6.03.01 AM.png
    1 MB · Views: 14
    1 MB · Views: 15
Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There was something going on in town yesterday at OG so OMG by the time we arrived there heading back North from Mantoloking the lines at Days were HUGE. Luckily we got there before the line started but just before. I couldn't resist taking a photo.

Screen Shot 2019-06-02 at 6.08.36 AM.png
The line actually got much longer around the block but by that time I was enjoying my ice cream so didn't get a photo.
Look at this ice cream...how could one not enjoy it? Yummmmm.

Screen Shot 2019-06-02 at 6.08.46 AM.png

Quick photo as we were heading back North home to the beach house from our long cycling day.

missyandgregcycling.png
We were both layered up though I had a few more layers than Greg as I get cold (and hot) very easily. But the weather yesterday was cool and overcast. Perfect for cycling. Not cold, not hot, and not too sunny. But I did have to wear like 5 layers but that's what they are there for and why we always carry lots of layers with us. The weather here changes minute by minute sometimes depending on the direction of the wind which often changes many times during the day. East wind yassss nice and cool. West wind noooo. At least in summer. Reverse it in winter and we are good. :cheeky:

and a selfie. I love beach selfies.

Screen Shot 2019-06-02 at 6.12.32 AM.png

OK enough photos from me! Hopefully whoever is still reading hasn't fallen asleep from boredom. LOL @Tekate let Autie read this and she will take naps super quick. :lol:

Enjoy a wonderful Sunday girls! (((HUGS))).

Attachments

1 MB · Views: 19
  • Screen Shot 2019-06-02 at 6.11.05 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-02 at 6.11.05 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 22
Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy I love your photos! Those beach towns should pay you for making people want to vacation there! I may head up there one of these days with my troup....We’re getting tired of Rehoboth because we go there so often. This summer is almost gone with all my weekends filling up...unbelievable...but I love to go on the off season to the beach...less crowds and more of the locals..I really enjoy that. I looked up Mantoloking. I don’t think I’ve been there. I’ve been to Point Pleasant and Spring Lake a lot but not sure of Mantoloking...This is the description from Urban Dictionary..haha..I want to visit now..:lol:
33F6520B-36EA-4C16-B011-D2E91FC81232.png
@marcy I thought of Marty yesterday and was wondering if he competed..and how his back was feeling. I’m glad he got to compete after all his hard work. Wow..Congratulations to him for the gold medal..I think he really earned that for pushing through the pain and perseverance. Did you attach a photo..because I didn’t see it. That’s so nice that your hubby invited his clients to the dinner. The more the merrier!
@av Letter writing is a lost art. I was never good at it..but my husband wrote me a love letter every day that we were separated when he was at school in Maryland. I would come home from work and find a letter waiting for me. They were so mushy..but really beautiful letters on thick stationary..There weren’t cell phones then..haha...I still have them...I’ll have to find them in my storage room. They are in a large metal box so they should be easy to find. I can read them when he’s extra grouchy. :lol:
@Calliecake Thank you for all the nice things you said. :kiss2:
My mailman is like the mailman on Funny Farm with Chevy Chase. If you guys haven’t seen that movie..you should see it..So funny! Elliot is just like that mailman!
@Tekate I love that you are crazy about your little Autie..She is precious..Scott called me on Friday and asked if we were going to be in Maryland on Saturday because he wanted to come with Jackson and spend the day with us. I have a little room I set up for him here with toys and books.
56F8CA43-BF74-466A-82FF-49B98669CF91.jpeg 206260B9-47E0-421C-99C9-FAF9640B5A63.jpeg
They came at 10am and left at 7:45pm after having dinner with us at Maggiano’s. Jackson wanted pasta! I really enjoy spending the whole day with them. Allie needs her time alone because Scott travels and comes home late..She does a lot with Jackson during the week between working and getting him to day care and just toddler wrangling. She gets Jackson on Sundays..and Scott uses his day on Sunday to head into work...He got a nice nap yesterday when Jackson took his. We have a third floor attic that has two bedrooms. It’s really quiet up there. David has a room up there which he absolutely loves...The other room has two twin beds that I lashed together to make a king size..and use king sheets and bedding on. It’s a historic house so there’s no way to get anything close to a king size bed up there. David sleeps in a double in his room.
I am soooooooo excited about your diamond ring coming...I can’t stand it! :appl:
@Austina Will you be staying with Shirley in a hotel? You will probably have a good idea what’s going on seeing her in person.
I thought of you on Thursday when I went outside the house in Pa and saw the concrete is crumbling under the step. I thought to myself..Austina hung a cabinet..I can certainly mix up some concrete and fix this. The only trouble is you’re younger than me! :lol: Sometimes I have to remind myself that it’s not worth the three weeks in pain afterwards..but I’m going to do it anyway. Just ignore my whining when I hurt myself again..:roll2:
@Keeliamira Did you hear anything about your daughter’s insurance? I think you said she was okay through the weekend? I hope it’s worked @junebug17 I hope you were able to enjoy the weekend. I cried nonstop for two months after my dog Gordie passed away. It took me a full two years to pass a dog that looked like him without crying. My heart just goes out to you..:kiss2:
@canuk-gal Are you getting some warmer weather yet? I loved the weather in Canada whenever we were there. The last time we went it was pretty warm during the day but we needed a light jacket at night. It was heaven. I hope you’re out there cycling..BTW I’m making stuffed cabbage next week. I’m trying to decide whether I should use the red this time. I don’t have to preboil the leaves then, right?
We’re driving back to Pa today...Big events tomorrow....I get my huggie earrings and my Tiffany pendant! I plan on shopping tonight to get my food in because I’ll be at home all day. I have to sign for them. Elliot will sign my name for the pendant and stick it in my mailbox...but he’ll text me to say get home it’s in your mailbox! :lol:I do have to sign for my UPS one from David. I do love when I don’t have to go out. I just putter around and no stress..I’m looking forward to it..
Enjoy the rest of your weekend girlfriends! :kiss2:

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy I forgot to tell you I LOVE your new red shoes! They look cute on you!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, love all your cycling pics...and nice to see Days had a profitable day :kiss2: Gorgeous scenery. Congrats on 70 miles! Love all the furbabies you meet on your travels. How frustrating the European light-weight helmets aren't allowed in the US, since someone over 17 doesn't even have to wear one! Makes no sense. In the meantime I hope you have luck with the helmets you ordered. Lol to forgetting what you ordered, that happens to dh and myself too. How great that there's a boat that goes to the city from the beach, love that. Your dinners look SO good, and I'm glad you and Greg had a nice time. The cat cartoon is hysterical, and so true!

@marcy, I was glad to see Debbie Downer wasn't around on your birthday, I'm sure it added to your enjoyment of the day lol. And yes, if I could just find someone to do my dishes life would be perfect haha. And sweet you were treated to both lunch and dinner, and ice cream to boot, now that's a good birthday. Nice you have tomorrow off. I'm glad that you're having a good time with your SIL. Great news about Marty and his clients doing well, and dinner out with everybody must have been a blast; I love going out with a big group of people.

@Tekate, thank you...losing a pet is awful, isn't it? LOL to John looking forward to spilling the beans about your ring. SO excited for you to get it, can't wait.

@Austina, thank you for your kind words. Sounds like you're getting a tast of summer right now. Getting together for lunch with former co-workers sounds lovely.

@AV_, sending good thoughts to you about the new job. I hope you were able to get breakfast in town. How frustrating to be told you write too much, and then too little...sometimes you just can't win!

@Mamabean, it's very sweet your mailman likes you, and I'll bet it's because you treat him respectfully and kindly - I'm sure he deals with a lot of complaints and your appreciation of him probably means a lot to him. I'm not surprised you are able to warm up a grouchy mailman. I hope you get your goodies on Monday with no problems, and I can't wait to see them. How nice you got to spend the day with your son and grandson, and I love that cute area you have set up for Jackson. LOVE Maggianos. I think I must have been Italian in another life lol.

@Calliecake, here's hoping you love your new dresses! Going out for ice cream sounds great, now I want to do the same lol. Hope you had a nice weekend with your dh.

Having a nice time here - not doing anything too exciting, just going to the beach and swimming in the pool. Yesterday while dh and I were in the pool we saw a bald eagle up in a tree eating a fish haha. He was beautiful. Dh is golfing right now and I'm spending the afternoon exercising, doing my nails, and watching golf...and surfing the net of course! When dh gets back we'll probably make something on the grill for dinner.

Love to all! Xxx

Reactions: AV_

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

AV, I’m am not competitive but Marty sure is; he is very tired and relaxed today. He posted a bunch of videos on Instagram from the meet and napped all afternoon.

Missy, interesting about your comments on seat belts / rules. Our city council has been debating whether to stop and fine driver’s who aren’t wearing their seatbelts. They aren’t endangering anyone else by not wearing their seatbelt. I’m more worried about the idiot using their phone and driving. They are a danger to themselves and others. Getting up early does give you a big start on your day but missing sleep not so much fun. Look at the mileage; sweet! Your ride looks fun yesterday and what a cute dogs you saw along the way. That is a great retro refrigerator; love all of your photos. Nooooo! I hope your knee’s are feeling better today.

Mamabean, Missy is quite a poet. Hopefully your treasures get delivered tomorrow. I am so excited for you. Marty’s back is the same; he is now going to back off how much weight he lifts and see how it goes. Oh no; I did not attach the picture. I’ll do that with this post. Thanks! I love your DH wrote you letters; those are definite treasures.

Kate, I agree a moaner is a narcissist. Have you seen the latest Direct TV commercial where the psychiatrist says “classic narcissist”? It’s pretty funny. Like I used to tell my students - Nicholas Copernicus’s parents used to ask him all the time “when are you going to realized the world doesn’t revolve around you?” I had all sorts of silly space jokes. The 17th will be here before you know it; WF sends your pieces to FedEx and you have to pick it up so that will work if you aren’t home that day. Then you’ll have fun picking out bands. I have 4 I rotate and always think of getting more but I don’t need four of them. I quit napping within the first 2 months as a baby; the rest of my family were nappers and I was a ruiner. I still don’t take naps. Glad to hear John had a great time at the reunion.

Austina, I saw you guys were having a heat wave. Stay cool! Interesting thoughts on helmets and seatbelts. I have no problem with children being required to wear helmets and seatbelts. I think a driver who doesn’t insist on everyone in their car wearing seatbelts is being irresponsible; but if an adult driver doesn’t want to hook up and they get hurt it’s on them. It’s a fine line and I get safety but some rules border on the government being your mother. I did spend the entire day at the competition. It was long and boring at times but it was a fun overall and Marty was thrilled.

Callie, I did have a fun day with my SIL and my sister spent the afternoon with me at the competition. Dinner and ice cream sounds fun. I hope you like your new dresses.

Junebug, I did have a very nice birthday but no problem employee was the highlight of the day. We really did have fun at dinner last night. My family ended up setting with Marty’s clients and they all got along well. It sounds like you and your DH are having a fabulous time. That also reminds me my nails need serious attention.

I’ve been lazy today. I got laundry done and empty the trash. We went out for breakfast and lunch and just grazed for supper. Marty is assigning workouts to his clients for this week.

Take care.
Marcy

upload_2019-6-2_20-12-58.png

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Much of Sunday, I could be found on a hill trail, near or under these:
2019-06-02 12.55.42.jpg 2019-06-02 12.52.54.jpg

Of course the sun has ovewhelmed the phone camera - and everything else, so there was no real choice but to find shade & count pomegranate flowers .) I am only starting to remember what the week is to be about.

(In dire need of coffee)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

@junebug17 so pleased you are enjoying a peaceful and relaxing time at your beach house. Swimming in the pool and hanging out at the beach and watching golf and exercising and going out to dinner or just grilling at home is the perfect prescription. Sending you continued hugs and keeping you in my thoughts. (((Hugs))).

@Mamabean that is a beautiful room you have set up. I am sure Jackson will enjoy his visit with you.:kiss2:

I love the Mantoloking description from Urban dictionary you shared with us. Though the people we chatted with each time we cycled there so far have been super lovely and warm. But I bet there are plenty snooty people there too lol. And same for Bayhead which is the town right before Mantoloking which is also a treasure. And the houses in both towns are gorgeous too. Definitely a New England vibe which we love.

Here are some other photos I have from our Mantoloking cycling adventure the other day.
Many homes are still being rebuilt/under construction due to Sandy damage. Tons of Sandy damage was done because it is a barrier island and surrounded by Bay and Ocean and super vulnerable to flooding.

Screen Shot 2019-06-03 at 5.46.40 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-03 at 5.46.53 AM.png

Thank you for your lovely compliment about the red shoes. I wore my new white ones yesterday. I am pretty set up now as far as shoes though I have my eyes on a blue pair of cycling shoes so perhaps I will buy one last pair. :whistle:
Have a wonderful Monday Joanne. (((Hugs))).

@marcy love that photo hahaha Marty is looking fit and fabulous. Glad you had a lazy Sunday- you deserve it. Oh talking on the phone while driving madden me. People are so inconsiderate and rude. Do what you want I say as long as it doesn't affect me in any way but when you put others at risk that is not OK.:evil: I see people holding their mobile phone and chatting while driving so often and I never see the police giving out tickets or stopping them either. Makes me go grrrrrr.

Glad you enjoyed breakfast and lunch out and had a nice weekend. Please tell Mr Marty congrats on achieving his weight lifting goals. Kudos.
Hope your Monday goes well sweet Marcy. XOXO.

@AV_ lovely photo and double ditto to coffee. I need some pronto myself. Hope you are having a lovely day. Hugs.

@Slick1 I think you only have 15 school days left if my calculations are correct. Woohoo. Hope your weekend was wonderful and that your week is off to a lovely and calm start. (((Hugs))).

We had a super Sunday cycling and went a bit further than I thought we would and the thunder storms didn't materialize until after 9PM last night and they were a doozy. Glad no power was lost. The lightning and thunder were breathtaking.

A few photos of our cycling journey are forthcoming but first must get more coffee. See you in a few.:wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm back. Some photos from yesterday.

I got 2 "new" helmets that I am keeping despite them being manufactured in 2015 and 2016. They are the lightest helmets available in the US that are certified by the USA so will have to make due til the newer helmets I want are available to me.

In the meantime the experts at Competitive Cyclist assure me that despite the older manufacturing date they are A OK because they were stored out of the UV light and are not degrading until exposed to the elements.

The colors are not what I wanted as I wanted a new red one a new black one and a new white one to replace my older helmets of those colors. But I am making due with what they have so the ones I am keeping so far are matte blue and white which I wore yesterday and then a matte black which I will save for cooler weather. I ordered a white one from another site and we will see if it is available still as it was over the weekend and there was only one in stock. Supposedly the manufacturing date of the white one on the other website is 2018 but I was told that before lol and it was not correct so we shall see. And until I find a suitable red one I am sticking with my old red one as red is a key color for me. ;-)

missyandgregboardwalkwithtandem.jpeg.png
missynewhelmet.png

Look at how the sea and sand shimmer. It's breathtaking.

beachjune2019.png

bayshoretrail.png

bayshorecycling.png

and of course no post is complete without our Days score of the afternoon.
Dave got a new flavor for me and it was delicious. Dairy free cherry. Yummmmmmmm.:lickout:

icecreamdayscherry.png

and we enjoyed our ice cream very much. Greg had Moose tracks which was my favorite before I couldn't have dairy and gluten anymore. Oh well. There are other delicious flavors I can enjoy.

And we ended at 66 miles. A pretty good number.

66miles.png

I hope you all enjoy a Marvelous Monday and sending you (((hugs))). We are off cycling soon as it is another beautiful day here at the Jersey shore. Have a good day girls! XO.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Calliecake no way you sounded crazy Callie, nope, nada, nein, non! etc. You sounded like a woman who researches. If you went down the rabbit hole. I think anyone who just 'buys a car' without discussing, reading and chatting may make a mistake. The Infiniti SUVs are awesome, their cars are truly beautiful engineering, so that doesn't make you crazy sounding it makes you my friend :) :) and yes cell phones have their ups for sure and pix is one of them. Autumn Marie has become cranky baby! hahahaha karma I say!!! I'm for helmets and I find it disgusting that motorcyclists would rather live free AND die in states that don't require helmets.. Motorcyclists spend mucho time with "share the road" "look twice" yet they drive w/o helmets. In Austin there is a white bicycle on the side of FM 620 that I never saw before, I was chatting away with John when I said, there's a white bike hanging on the hill we just passed, I think it was a memorial, John is and was a bicyclist and he said, that it is a ghost bike and that if a bicyclist is killed a white bike s placed in memorial and to remind drivers to be on the watch for bicyclists, it worked for me. I think we must be aware of motorcyclists and bicyclists for sure, but motorcyclists should not dive in and out of traffic, speed etc. Well I'll get off my soapbox :) and I can always get a size 7 ring off of my left finger but not my right. I go back and forth Callie, I'm leaning on emailing Becca for the sizing balls and a size 7.25.. but gosh it's my knucke that is the problem ARTHRITIS. :) have a great week sweetie!! OH and John just called my 3 stone ring a STEPPING STONE ! hahaha!

@AV_ isn't length often the bane of writing? I'm sure you will do whatever it takes, you are a unique woman! it's late afternoon for you.. enjoy yourself, eat ice cream! xo hey those pix are awesome! I cannot live without caffeing myself. :)

@missy Good morning girlie! politics is the bane of friendships I think. Sometimes I wish I never discussed my beliefs with many friends because many people I went to high school are conservative right wing.. it tainted my view of them and our friendship.. OOOH the pix of Louie is just adorable, you can see his attention getting ears! he wants you to say oooh what a good dog.. dogs just want ALL the attention ;-) ... ice cream, it looks so good.. I'm sure you guys get a lot of attention because you guys exude FANTASTIC love and in love, I love your selfie's of you and Greg Missy, you guys radiate happiness and love.. lucky us! Love those red shoes Missy, they look comfy.

@Mamabean YOU are the best grandma, that area for your grandson is wonderful!!! I'll have to make one for Autumn! and yes your postman is TOPS, up here all ours are now just contractors :( we used to have a wonderful woman - but she retired last summer.. the lost art of the REAL employee not contractors I say :( glad you have such an awesome guy in your town. :) Thank you Joanne, I am accepted about EVER arriving me wearing her/it/him? John says I'll want an upgrade I don't think so.. he said this morning "Kate I know you, I know you have said this several times but you can't help yourself" who knows? I don't want an upgrade b4 I get the ring! I'll have to figure out HOW to take a picture of a ring to be honest with you, all mine come out blurry, blobby and ugly. Have a wonderful week dear lady! xo

@junebug17 Sounded like a wonderful weekend June, it's nice when you can relax and see a BALD EAGLE! that is fantastic I've only seen 2 in my life, one in Maine and one in NH, majestic! When are you coming home? how's the kids? xoxo

@marcy Haha! I have seen the psychiatrist commercial! we all know ssooo many narcissist's in our lives. And I too am not a napper, never was, if I nap, I'm sitting glued in front of our TV watching Outer Limits from the 60s! :) my family was full of nappers too. Marty and the Clients! they all look so proud.. great pix Marcy.

I will be bbl I have to walk Salley now.. bbiab.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results