shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oops forgot to share our cycling total from yesterday.

Screen Shot 2019-05-28 at 6.36.01 AM.png

and while I am at it one more photo of our journey home...last leg of the ride on the Bayshore trail that leads to home. A screenshot from my video.

Screen Shot 2019-05-28 at 6.39.21 AM.png

We were going pretty fast. Sweet ride.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

@junebug17 thinking of you and hoping you are doing as well as you can be...sending you continued hugs and love.

I am sorry Kate that there is strife between sweet dear niece Kate and Anne and hope that can be resolved relatively easily and soon too. It's so challenging dealing with family issues at times. I too am sad that Kate is sad and hope things improve in that department soon. As for pepper diamonds I am intrigued and have no doubt she will make something gorgeous with them. She is very talented. I agree it is best not to post photos of Evan unless his parents say it is OK. I hope you had a great BBQ yesterday and that 3 bean salad sounds yummy. Aww Autie is so gorgeous. :kiss2: Thank you for sharing another beautiful photo.:love: Hope you had a wonderful rest of the weekend sweet Kate. And your new ring to be looks amazbling. Cannot wait to see it on your hand. (((HUGS))).

Thank you dear @Austina yes we have been busy bees in the cycling department and luckily so because this week doesn't look too promising for cycling. Not a bad thing as we have lots to do plus Greg is still working so there are business conference calls scheduled for the next few days at least. Yes lovely Louie is a rescue mix of Mastiff and Golden Labrador and is such a love. I love rescue dogs so much and he was rescued from a kill shelter and flown out to NJ where our friends picked him up and took him home. He is sweeter than sugar. Thank you for sharing that sweet photo of darling Dottie and please give her a hug and kiss from me.:kiss2:

So pleased you have a wonderful trip planned with your friends Rob and Sue and so happy she found happiness with her soulmate even if it is later in life. Doesn't matter as long as she is happy and in love now. The present is what matters and hopefully they have a good future to look forward to and enjoy together.

Ooh this is super pretty Joanne! Love it. Cannot wait to see what you do with it. :love:

Aww yes I agree and am very disappointed for you dear Joanne. I have n doubt he will respond soon but he should have contacted you before now. I am sorry honey and sending you comforting hugs. Pretty bling will be yours soon but cmon David make this right. Not fair and not nice to keep our sweet Joanne waiting like this. An email would be nice letting her know what is going on OK? (((Hugs))) @Mamabean

Hi @marcy hope the rest of your weekend was good and NO MORE SNOW for you. Oh my goodness. Hope Marty is feeling much better too. (((Hugs))).

@Slick1 (((hugs))) and hope you had a wonderful rest of the long weekend and that it is a good week too. XOXO.

Thank you @AV_ and pesto accomplishing lots this past weekend and walking the theoretical 100 miles. That is good. Good exercise for the mind and soul if not body. For me cycling represents that. Not just the physical workout but a good mental one too and any activity that combines the two is A OK in my book. Or should I say 3. Mind, soul and body. :halo:

A big yes to this and starting the day thankful for all the NIRDIs too. Thank you lovely ladies.

We had a great cycling Monday yesterday and saw lots of sights and enjoyed a wonderful Memorial Day Monday. So much I cannot recount it all. The highlights. Cycling, Sea, Puppies, Friends and Ice Cream. We stopped by 2 of our dear couple friends yesterday and saw their pups. Louie who you already had the pleasure of meeting and Luca who our other friends dog sit for much of the year as their friends travel all over so Luca has been with them for the past 6 months. What a love he is.:kiss2: Then we cycled some more and had ice cream (of course) and by the time we arrived back at our beach house we were completely exhausted but exhilarated too. It was a wonderful long weekend. Today I have to see my podiatrist. Yup another problem with that toe darn accident that keeps giving back with that ingrown nail. I have to have another "surgery" and rip out the nail all the way down to the bed which is no fun with those big needles etc but I am a big girl and have been through this more than anyone should but sucking it up. Then we have to run errands in between Greg's work calls. Supposed to be a stormy day and the week is looking iffy. But it's OK. We need a rest from cycling lol. Have a wonderful day ladies and leaving you with some photo highlights of our cycling (and other) adventures from Memorial Day Monday. XOXO.

Louie!:kiss2:

Screen Shot 2019-05-28 at 6.29.40 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-28 at 6.30.53 AM.png

Luca!:kiss2:

Screen Shot 2019-05-28 at 6.29.52 AM.png

Days!
Screen Shot 2019-05-28 at 6.30.30 AM.png

And remembering all those brave men and women who sacrificed everything for our country. Remembering them on Memorial Day and every day. Thank you.

Screen Shot 2019-05-28 at 6.32.54 AM.png

Wanted to add a few more thoughts now that I have had my morning coffee. When I first wake up I am sort of foggy. OK OK I am sort of foggy all day long :oops2: but after my coffee a little bit less foggy.:P2

I am thinking of you @ringo865 and hoping treatments are going well and that you are feeling good.

@Keeliamira I hope your family is doing well and also hoping you get the approval you need for DD's treatment. Keeping fingers crossed for you and also hoping you receive good news on the job front for you and DH.

@Jimmianne hope you had a good weekend and hope your DD and her DH is doing well and that everyone is happy. Thinking of you and missing you. XO.

@rainwood sending you (((hugs))).

@sarahb hope life is going smoothly and that everyone is well by you. XO.

@LLJsmom hope the family all enjoyed a wonderful holiday weekend. Hugs to all of you.

@Calliecake hope you receive good news today honey. (((Hugs))).

@Sunstorm you are in my thoughts and hope life is treating you well.

I know I left some people out but it was not on purpose and sending all of you love and hugs.

Reactions: AV_

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, Louie is adorable and obviously has both of you wrapped around his finger. Let me know if you need help dognapping him LOL. Joe is probably having lots of visitors stop by now. Louie seems to love everyone. Puppy’s are so much fun. The dress you wore to the party is beautiful. You looked so pretty. I’m glad you had a good time at the party and got to catch up with old friends.

June, Thinking of you and sending hugs. Driving out to give your son what he needed sounded like a nice distraction. You were able to see your son and the shore. Win, win. You know your son appreciates the help too. He is a great son June.

@Tekate, Your diamond is GORGEOUS!!!! Had you been seriously searching for a diamond for awhile? It seems like you stumbled upon this diamond quickly...like it was meant to be. Can’t wait to see this beauty on your finger. Katie is lucky she has you to talk to Kate. Hopefully Katie and Anne will get this resolved. It is never fun when there are problems or tension in a family. I feel the same way you do about the group of women here. I went thru some rough things a few years ago and was so grateful for their kindness and support.

@marcy, Your new ring is beautiful. The color of the stone is gorgeous. I often wonder why they don’t take people to the private rooms when they know they are comparing stones. You have been in this store enough times for them to know you are serious. Is this the same store you bought your Emerald cut diamond? Remember the day you purchased it? That was such a FUN day with all the texting while you were deciding. We were all as excited as you were to see the new stone set. I feel the same way you do about going out to dinner. It just feels like a date even though we do it all the time. DH says it’s one of the things he loves about being retired. We can go earlier or later when the restaurants aren’t as crowded. It sounds like Marty was in a lot of pain. Can you talk him into seeing a doctor?

@Mamabean, Your new ring is beautiful. Hopefully you can get this resolved quickly with David. It sounds like they need to have someone monitoring their email more closely. Have you been doing the back and forth trips for a long time?

@Austina, LOL everyday is a holiday when you are retired. It’s always nice when you hear of people finding each other especially when you know they have had it hard.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, thank you so much for your sympathy and support, and for understanding, xox...I just love what you posted from the rainbow bridge site, what a comforting thought.

Love all your pics - I know NJ has its faults but I'll tell you what, it has some glorious beaches. And omg to that traffic...ds said it took him forever to drive home after his show in Avalon. Louie is the sweetest thing. And what an amazing pic of the sunrise, those colors are just beautiful. Your weekend sounds like it was absolutely wonderful. Ugh to your ingrown nail giving you problems again, I am so sorry you have to deal with all of that and I hope the podiatrist visit goes as smoothly as it possibly can.

@canuk-gal, your sweet words are a great comfort to me, I keep re-reading them...means a lot to me that you enjoyed Zoe. I think of you often and hope everything is going well for you. <3 And hopefully you're having good weather and cycling a lot.

@Mamabean, you certainly have been doing a lot of shlepping and traveling, I hope you unwind and take it easy for a bit after all that driving and packing. I hope you had a great time at Scott and Allie's. Thank you for posting your beautiful new ring, I love it. What a fabulous find! I have been hankering for a pink stone for a while now and your ring is really motivating me to start looking. I love your taste, and it looks perfect on you.

Thank you for your kind comments and sympathy about Zoe, I appreciate it very much. Xoxox

@Calliecake, yes, driving down the shore was actually a really good distaction for me. By the time I got back dh was home and we went out to dinner. I agree with you about eating out; dh and I love going out to eat too, it's relaxing and it breaks up the day.

@marcy, Thank you for your sympathy about Zoe. <3 I hope you're having a good start to your work week and the day is going well for you. Keeping Marty in my thoughts and hoping his back starts feeling better soon. Have you been wearing your new ring a lot?

@sarahb, thank you so much for posting your kind comments and condolences <3. And thank you for understanding about the connection xxx. I hope all is well with you.

@Tekate, ah, there's that sweet baby! She is SO cute, look at that smile. Just love her. Your new diamond is absolutely gorgeous, it is pure perfection! And I love the setting you chose. I can't imagine that you won't love it, but you can always return it if you don't , so try not to stress. You're not going to want to sent it back though - Once that beauty is on your finger I know you won't want to take it off. I can't wait to see it on your hand.

It's a shame there's tension between Kate and Anne, and I really hope they can straighten things out. I know it's upsetting to see family members not getting along and it's good you are there for Kate. Love her idea of making jewelry with the pepper diamonds, it sounds very cool and definitely something that would appeal to millenials (sp?) I'll bet my dd would like them. And sheesh to all the rigamarole paying for your ring, what a pain. Who knew they'd make it so hard for you to spend money!

Thank you for your compassionate words Kate, they mean so much to me xoxox...your posts always cheer me up and brighten my day...you are so funny, caring, and full of life.

@Austina, thank you very much for your kindness and sweet words, xoxox I spoiled that little kitty, that's for sure. The hard thing is once you know your pet has oral cancer it's usually too late to do anything about it. :(2 Your trip with your friends is going to be fabulous. It's wonderful they found each other and are so happy together. Aw, Dottie is the cutest :kiss2:, looks like she had a very busy day to say the least.

@AV_, walking where you live must be a joy, it is such a beautiful place. And yes, chores are a great excuse for not working! I hope you're having a good week and are getting some things accomplished.

Dh had to leave for another trip today, but we're meeting in SC on Thursday and staying until next Wednesday so that will be a nice getaway. Looks like they're having a heat wave right now down there, I guess summer is here for a little while anyway.

Thanks to all for the love and support, hope everyone is having the best day possible xox

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Kate texted me a pix of Evan this morning so I THINK she is doing better today with Anne, hopefully all can be loverly! :) Thank you for caring Missy, love you girlie.. Rainy day here today, grocery shopping, working on getting things set up for money transfer, not much else new here. Your pictures are always wonderful Missy, I LOVE PUPPIES, and KITTENS! and all little ones. How are you feeling? as always your pix look beautiful, happy and healthy, but I know that underneath one can feel sick.. ARTHRITIS for one, what a b--ch. How is Greg's knee? questions questions!

@Calliecake I hadn't been searching too much, but I surely had been looking because I knew John was okay with me going ahead with my final upgrade :) so I saw this one on WF, I then realized I could turn in a stone to them so that was very enticing, I was somewhat concerned about the featherson this stone, but the one that concerned me the most didn't go all the way through so that made me pretty confident that it won't crack. I wanted a G color or H for that matter but I also wanted as close as I could to a 3 carat stone, my nirvana, 3 carats, so this one fit the bill especially on price, I only had a certain amount to use and that was it, so I talked it over with John and he said pull the trigger and I did. I am a solitaire girl, I have liked few halos, now one I do like is Missy's and I told her last year that it was gorgeous, there is nothing about her halo on Bubbalah that I don't like, some halos are too big, many are toooo busy for my taste, which is just me, I am not a huge fan of heavy metal edwardian designs, they are beautiful but I have always been MODERN.. I like sleek lines on all things, furniture, cars, jewelry, pools, windows etc... lines. But I appreciate truly the art of these new and old settings people get and gush about them they are gorgeous, I'm just more minimal. So if you get a beautiful, Edwardian halo, I will love it, truly. So picking out a setting has been hard really but I and Becca talked a bit and we came up with their thin line or whatever it is, I have a few diamond bands and of course, unknown to John, I am planning an eternity band! for my ring, who knows if really can happen but I will work on it!! hahaha, I always tell him I'm DONE!!! he laughs now.. He calls us the STONERS.. I say to him, I love my Stoners!..

Thank you for your words about my Katie, I think her new way to work around Anne and make Anne feel like Kate is with her and not against her will work, but time will tell, they are so different. But Kate loves her niece and nephew so much, especially Neve.. Kate calls herself a spinster, she has always wanted a relationship but she never has met a guy she clicked with long term.. NYC I think sometimes anyway isn't easy to meet people, today people us apps, bumbblee or something like that one called Coffee meets Bagel, Katie is beautiful and I'm going to suggest this to her next time I talk to her.. Artists! they are so high thinking! Yes Callie, these are the best women here, and I count you as one of them.. all love.

Hello Tuesday to everyone.

@Jimmianne Are you coming back this summer at all? How's DD doing? how are you? how's the house(s).. animals? miss ya!

@Mamabean Hello wonderful Mama! how's David, how's the hubster and kids? how are you feeling? I hope you are having a good start to the week Joanne! :)

@Keeliamira Hope all is well, and can't wait to hear about the move should your husband decide to take the new job! How's your kids? How are you? Exciting times for you and your family. :)

@Austina I second Callie, it's always so nice when people find a partner that they love after having tough situations in life! Are you guys going to cruise the Caribbean or somewhere else? We should all take a cruise across the Atlantic and see you! :) How's your son and future DIL? his operation is soon right? we need more pix of Bella! as we can never have enough pix of the twins I call them.. beautiful OECs.. just perfect. Have a good week Austina.

@marcy Hello from Maine. and Marcy to you we need new pix of your emerald, it's gorgeous. How's Marty feeling? Hope you have a peaceful week at work and Debbie Downer quits !! :)

@junebug17 When you feel like writing June, let us know how you are doing, I know the real pain in the gut you feel now. I send you love June, and understand of how you feel. I hope all your family members are doing well. Have a peaceful week June. xo

@ringo865 Hola! I hope you can stop by and give an update on treatment and how you are doing? I think of you every day Ringo but don't want to keep calling you out, but I do sincerely send my love and care to you. I hope your family and everyone is doing well.. All care to you Ringo.

Well I'm off to take a shower, making chicken and leftover potato salad, green bean salad, and frying lightly some zucchini's!

sending love to you all.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s! Thank you for the lovely compliments about my ring.

Junebug, I like your new avatar of sweet Zoe. I am heartbroken for you. I am so glad she brought such joy to you, your brother and your mother. You guys provided her with a loving home; it was meant to be she showed up in the driveway. Hugs to you.
I am a fan of ordering groceries online and having them delivered to me in the parking lot. I think Marty kind of liked it too. I view grocery shopping as a necessary but not so fun chore. Your quick trip to the shore to take some things to DS sounds like a lot of fun. It’s nice to just go for a ride and when it’s got a great view how can you go wrong? I have been wearing my ring every day so far. I have quite a few raspberry tops and sweaters too. How convenient. That will be nice to spend some time in SC.

Sharon, are you still having winter? There is snow within 20 minutes of us and piling up.

Sarahb, I hope you are doing well.

Austina, I keep swearing no more spending but then I find something else I want. I have faithfully paid myself back before the next spending spree though. I am glad Shirley seems to be a bit calmer now. She will enjoy seeing you. I do remember you telling us about your friend from work who found a great guy. I am glad they are doing well. I found Marty later in life myself; when it’s the right time it happens. That is awesome they are going on a cruise with you and Colin. Dottie does look zonked out there but still oh so cute.

Missy, I only drink the small 8 oz sized soda but I do like Classic Coke. It’s one of my vices I guess. Marty’s back is sore but he’s lifting right now. I tell him it’s a good thing I’m not stubborn to which he rolls his eyes and say sure. Sweet you broke the 1000 mile already; I had absolutely no doubt you would. Yes, the beach and traffic looks like too many people around. It’s like a holiday weekend at the beach or something. Gorgeous sunrise picture. Louie is a cutie. I hate to hear about your toe - good luck with that.

Mamabean, you do need a new jewelry for driving everyone around. Your tourmaline ring is so pretty. I love it. I call Marty my Uber when he takes me to work but he wanted me to call him my limo or car service. Thank you for telling me Cold Pursuit isn’t worth watching, I almost rented it this weekend. Thinking of us driving through the snow is not too far off. The mountains around here have been getting snow since yesterday. It feels like 31 here today and hasn’t stopped raining. I am about to crank on the fireplace.

Kate, I am so excited for your new ACA. I keep looking at the images and video of your diamond. It’s gorgeous. Autie is so cute and is certainly growing already. If it’s any consolation I find getting WF paid is the only thing that seems to take time. I can hardly wait to see your glamour shots and even more excited to see it on your hand. I totally laughed out loud when I read your diamond story and that John calls us Stoners. That is awesome! You know Debbie Downer was packing a bunch of stuff our of one of her desk drawers last week and I honestly was setting there thinking “oh that would be so nice if she was quitting.” No such luck.

AV, that’s a good thing to get a lot of walking in. I hope your paper projects are going well.

Callie, I don’t know why they don’t take people in those rooms when you are trying to pick out a stone. I finally decided they’ve got enough of my money I am just going to ask for it. Yes, that is the place I bought the EC diamond from; that was a really fun day texting with your ladies. It made it more fun for me knowing you guys were sharing in my excitement. We go to dinner quite a bit too and it is different than eating together at home. It’s a good thing to do, I think anyway. We try to go early or late to avoid crowds too. Marty has mentioned he might see a doctor after the competition but he is worried they’ll want to do surgery on it. I can’t nag him about it since I am not a sterling example of someone who will see a doctor when something comes up.

My Monday holiday got away from me. Since I didn’t do a darn thing I needed to do on Saturday or Sunday I had a lot to do yesterday. We went out for breakfast and lunch, I got laundry done, made cookies for Marty’s clients that were coming over, did some shopping, started to knit a lap blanket for work and was a good sister and called my sister and talked to her a while. She thanked me several times for the cookies and muffins I baked for them last week and gave them to her at the funeral. I guess they came in very handy with all of their company. I was glad I got them to her okay.
Marty has 3 clients competing with him this Saturday so he had them come over last night and practice what they’d be doing on Saturday. It took several hours but I went down and watched for quite a while.

Quite a few places in town had about 4-5 inches of pea sized hail yesterday. It was still on the ground this morning. It’s been raining non stop for 2 days as well. There are new springs, rivers and lakes everywhere and they had flooding downtown. I asked Marty when he was going to turn on our sprinklers. He called me a name. I think I’m funny.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

@junebug17 how are you feeling? I am thinking of you each and every day and keeping good thoughts for you. Losing a beloved baby is traumatic and painful and devastating. She will always live on in your heart and yes it brings comfort knowing you gave her the best possible life here on earth. Now she is at Rainbow Bridge frolicking with all our past beloved furbabies. I love your Zoe Avatar. (((HUGS))).

I am glad you are getting away this week. Have a safe trip and wonderful time. Sending you gentle hugs and much love.

@Calliecake thank you so much honey. I am glad you got good news yesterday finally and what a huge relief! And hope you are enjoying a wonderful week. And woohoo for nice cold AC.

@Tekate yesss! Glad Anne and Kate are getting along better. Family relationships are tricky navigation and they are not alone with dealing with relationship stress and conflict. Sending them both good thoughts and hugs. I am feeling OK thanks for asking. Just exhausted all the time because I cannot sleep for more than an hour at a time without waking. Pesky adrenals. Other than that I feel good. :lol: Greg's knee is bothering him and truth be told when we cycle so many miles my knees don't feel amazing either.:cheeky: How are you doing Kate? How are you feeling? Thank you so much for always keeping good thoughts for us and (((hugs))) and love to you.:kiss2: Oh yes puppies and kittens make everything almost all better.:kiss2:

@Mamabean any word from David? Hope you are having a good week Joanne and sending you hugs.

@marcy your weather is abominable. Easier for me to write than say that word lol my brooklyn accent and all.:cheeky: Yes Marty is quite the jokester. We turned our sprinklers on last week. Just in time for the rain. LOL. Today we have a window to cycle between the rain. From 8AM to 2 PM so we are going for it...hope the meteorologists got it right this time. Glad you did nothing the past few days. You deserve it. And how nice the cookies and muffins you baked were so appreciated. Sweet. Hope Marty's back is improving. Stubborn men can be dangerous men. To themselves. Hoping his lifting isn't aggravating his injury and that he is feeling tip top very soon. Haha yes it was like it was a holiday weekend here last weekend or something with all the traffic.:lol:

@AV_ hope you had a good day yesterday. Sending you hugs and good thoughts.

@Slick1 sweet to have a longer weekend than I even thought. IMO you have one of the most challenging careers around and you deserve so much kudos and thanks and appreciation. Here's to summer vacation and relaxation. Hope you are feeling better and better each day. (((Hugs))).

We ran errands yesterday and fortunately my podiatrist agreed with me that I could wait for the "surgery" on the toe. So now we wait and see when he has to remove the nail. It's not if but when. So it goes. In the meantime more cycling today hopefully and hoping we don't get too wet. Have a lovely day girls! Wonderful Wednesday wishes to all. And (((hugs))).

Hahaha leaving you with a photo from yesterday AM
Sorry for my ugly toes/toenails.:oops2:

Screen Shot 2019-05-29 at 6.35.20 AM.png

missyandgregatpodiatrist.png
:lol:

Have a great day girls! XOXO.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
0A4F139C-D40B-4C2A-84A6-9E6BAB7B4383.jpeg BB79A9C8-F99B-4C74-BF04-645DE0631EC1.jpeg 38460899-C7B9-4C6B-A52A-84BD6BE82D54.jpeg
Good morning girlfriends! I’ll be back after I get David on the bus but had to share my good news! My earrings are ready to be shipped!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
0A4F139C-D40B-4C2A-84A6-9E6BAB7B4383.jpeg BB79A9C8-F99B-4C74-BF04-645DE0631EC1.jpeg 38460899-C7B9-4C6B-A52A-84BD6BE82D54.jpeg
Good morning girlfriends! I’ll be back after I get David on the bus but had to share my good news! My earrings are ready to be shipped!

Stunning!:love: Blingtastic.:love:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH!! @Mamabean those are beautiful. EAR SHOTS when you get them.. Beautiful just beautiful. I love DK's work. Sorry it took so long but it is worth the wait. I have my stacker his bench did and it took longer but I've never had something made that came out as great as his work. Congratulations and FINALLY!!!

Have a great day Joanne and enjoy, you have some fantastic pieces, if you ever do a "mamabean's bling" I would love to see it.. love your taste girl.!!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good morning again! David’s on the bus so I’m sitting in my living room with two fans going to get the smell from the new rug outta here! This is my favorite place to sit so hope it works!
@Thank you @Tekate! I’m so happy my huggies are finished. They look huge in the photos he sent. I hope they just hug my ear and not look like hoops. I love hoops on other people but not me. I’m wearing them regardless...I just hope I love them.
I’m in the same boat Kate with Scott and Allie. They want my husband to retire so we can move to Va to be close to them. My husband already retired from one job..This is his second...He doesn’t look any closer to retiring. My son told me to just move there and his dad would follow. Ummmm...I don’t think that would work. I also think they want us there so we can share in the care of Jackson...I am so used to moving everyone..I could do it in no time..but I have to research places of sheltered employment for David first. I’m not even going to start that until I know he’s going to retire. I want to be young enough to enjoy living near them...I’m getting antsy. They took me to potential neighborhoods near them last weekend..hahaha
@missy I’m so happy you’ve been out cycling a lot and enjoying the good weather. Did you ever get the spoke problem worked out? I know you went to Pa to get it worked on...but you seemed to have a problem soon after. Where was it in Pa?
What is the problem with you’re toe? I’m cringing to think you would need another surgery after what happened to your poor finger. I had a very minor surgery on my toe a few months ago. She released a tendon to straighten it out. It was bending and hitting my shoe. It wasn’t very successful. I will need a bigger surgery later when my husband retires because I wouldn’t be able to drive. I need to with my mom and David.
I started taking a higher dose of the Levothyroxine on Saturday. I get retested July 2..She’ll check the Thyroid, platelets, and glucose..I’m a mess! I hope I start dropping weight..sigh..
@Austina Harry was a sweet boy..Dottie looks so adorable zonked out! I want to just curl up and hug her. Too cute!
I’m happy your friend found her love...even though it was a little later than she wanted. Some people never find love..and to find it twice is wonderful.
Will be back later! I learned my lesson that I better send this unfinished because it may not be here later when I come back! :kiss2:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Wow, wow, wow @Mamabean, your earrings look fabulous, I’m so excited for you and hope they’re everything you want when they arrive. We will, of course, need glamour lobe shots! Sorry you’re having problems with your new rug, I hope the smell goes away, because it really does look good in your room.

I know I’ve said it before, but your weather is just bonkers @marcy, it’s almost June!!! It’s good that Marty has even mentioned seeing a Dr after the competition, hopefully he won’t make things worse by competing. I’m sure your sister was very grateful for the muffins and cookies, who wouldn’t be, I bet they were delicious. Have you given your new ring an outing yet?

How’re things with you @AV_ , I hope it’s not all work and no play?

Is this the same toe you had the problem with before @missy ? Good that it can wait, you don’t need anything more on your plate just now. Sorry you’re not sleeping, it’s a real pain, and I can certainly sympathise with lack of sleep. I was so hot on Monday night, despite it not actually being warm, I woke up yesterday with heat rash all over my neck and chest :shock: Red and blotchy isn’t a great look. :eek2:

I’m glad things are working out between Katie and Anne, family tensions aren’t fun. Yes to a NIRDI cruise, wouldn’t that be fun :mrgreen2: ? We are going on a Caribbean cruise with our friends next year, I think Rob said he’d been to Barbados, but I know Sue has never been out that way. The cruise goes from St Lucia and ends in Barbados, taking in some of the smaller islands that we’ve not previously been to. Do you have a date yet for your ring, don’t WF realise that we NIRDIs are waiting impatiently :lol:?

Any decisions on a car yet @Calliecake? Hope everything is well with you.

How’re you doing @Slick1 I hope you’re feeling good. Not long till term ends I think. Schools break up for the summer here mid July.

Continuing to think of you @ringo865 and hoping everything is going well with your treatment, and you’re coping well with it.

Sounds like a good idea to get away for a few days @junebug17, I hope you have a restful time in SC.

We had the alarm serviced yesterday afternoon, and also had the kitchen people round to fix one of the doors. I was quite surprised when I rang on Friday to say there was a problem, that they sent someone round so quickly.

Had a quick trip to Costco this afternoon, didn’t buy much, and Colin was very disappointed that they didn’t have many tasters either :lol:

Hope all the NIRDIS are having a good day.

:wavey:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG @canuk-gal what a total drool fest. Have you got your eye on anything?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
FAAFF547-6590-4AB6-A135-A7FFC2E34254.jpeg
I forgot to tell you! I got tired of waiting for David to get back to me about bezeling my .72 Tiffany pendant. Last week I purchased the Tiffany circlet pendant.. It’s coming Monday...My huggies are coming Tuesday! I think I’m done now...:whistle:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Missy, I am so glad you got to ride again today. Fun! Darn those pesky adrenals and knees. I’d change my knees out right now too. Abominable is a great word for our weather, this feels more like March than May. I wore a thermal t-shirt today so I wouldn’t be so cold at work. That’s nice you don’t have to have your nail removed right away. Yay!

Mamabean, your earrings are gorgeous. I can’t wait to see them on you. How many carats will they? I don’t remember. That’s a tough call about moving but it sounds like it would be great to be close to everyone. Love that pendant. Very pretty. You’ll have lots of new goodies next week.

Sharon, I am glad you are enjoying nice weather. I know our recent storms (snow and thunder) all came in from the west or south. Have fun!!! Great pieces in that auction.

Austina, bonkers describes our weather too. Today we got in the 50’s. Woo hoo! I still see piles of hail along the road or up by houses. Crazy. I have been wearing my birthday ring every day. Marty will have to pry it off my finger to get it back for wrapping. I doubt he’ll bother. His rabbits usually give me an obnoxious birthday greeting though. Good idea to get your alarm serviced. One of our sensors in a patio door had been flakey but of course it failed at 4 am when Marty was out of town. That was a fun night. Nice you got your door fixed so quickly.

We had a dry day and it warmed up to 55. Ooh, heat wave! I was rather bored at work and Moaning Minnie was getting on my nerves. I swear if she worked as hard as she ran her mouth she’d be amazing! She is off the rest of the week; I’ll enjoy that. I did some cross training this afternoon so that gave me something to do.
I lifted when I got home tonight and Marty cooked supper (grilled burgers, rice and veggies). We had some mini Magnum ice cream bars for dessert.
I am working on the bedding in our guest bedrooms since my SIL is coming this weekend. I wanted to make sure everything is clean.

Take care.
Marcy

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, How many miles did you cycle? You cycle 60 miles and your knees only hurt a little. I would be laying on the side of the road after 5 miles crying for some one to come pick me up, well probably after 3 miles. Have the new helmets arrived? What are your thoughts on them. Are they like light enough and comfortable?

@Mamabean , WOW. The earrings are gorgeous!!! They were so worth the wait. All I ever wear are huggie gold hoops and after seeing the picture I think I need an upgrade. They are going to look beautiful on you Joanne. You are going to have a great week next week. Any day jewelry is delivered is a good day. I love it when anyone here gets a new piece of jewelry. The new rug looks beautiful in the room. Our neighbors bought a new rug when they moved in and had the same problem with the smell. She aired it out in the garage for a few days and it did helped. I’m so happy I’m not the only one that has the disappearing Pricescope posts. My husband tried to retire for over a year. The date kept getting pushed out. At one point I told him I will believe it when you stop going into work. Are you anxious for your husband to retire? It so nice to have him home after years of international traveling. There were trips he had to make that made me nervous. When they have someone meet you and the person has to take you everywhere for security reasons it freaked me out. I was glad he listened to me when I told him if they tell you need someone there, it’s for your safety.

@marcy, I’m sorry the summer hasn’t arrived yet. We have had the non stop rain here too. Enjoy the break at work. You know the week will fly by without your favorite employee. Get the rabbits to go after Marty if he tries to get your ring. I hope Marty does well in the completion and then makes an appointment with the doctor. Will he have to travel for this competition or is it held locally? Your sister is lucky to have you Marcy. It was thoughtful of you to bring her baked goods. I’m sure everyone appreciated them.

@junebug17, Have a good week with DH and enjoy the nice weather.

@Tekate, Every time I get a new ring I tell my husband it will be the last one. He just laughs. We are lucky our husbands love us LOL. I’m glad everything is working out with Katie and Anne. Every family has drama from time to time. Think about it Kate, the stuff your family goes thru is awfully tame from the stuff we went thru as kids. Don’t you think?

@Austina, I’m sorry for not saying anything and yes I did get a car. The madness has ended. I ended up getting an Infiniti. The trip with your friends sounds like it will be a lot of fun. It’s so much fun taking vacations vicariously thru you Austina.

@canuk-gal , Happy to hear you are cycling again and enjoying warmer weather.

@Slick1 and Ringo, I hope you are both doing ok. Sending healing dust to both of you.

Nothing new going on here. I’d like to go clothes shopping tomorrow but may have to go the doctor instead. The medicine I was given for an infection doesn’t seem to be working well. At this point the doctors appt might be less stressful. It is not fun when you know nothing is going to fit and look good. So if anyone hears crying, it’s just me sitting in a dressing room having a pity party. Thank god they only last s few minutes before I move on to the shoe department where everything fits.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

@junebug17 safe flight and hope the weather at the beach is cooperating for you and it isn't super hot anymore. (((Hugs))).

@Tekate hope you are having a lovely week and that your children, nieces, nephews, great nieces and nephews and granddaughter are all well. Sending you hugs and love and a big hello to your DH too.

@missy I’m so happy you’ve been out cycling a lot and enjoying the good weather. Did you ever get the spoke problem worked out? I know you went to Pa to get it worked on...but you seemed to have a problem soon after. Where was it in Pa?
What is the problem with you’re toe? I’m cringing to think you would need another surgery after what happened to your poor finger. I had a very minor surgery on my toe a few months ago. She released a tendon to straighten it out. It was bending and hitting my shoe. It wasn’t very successful. I will need a bigger surgery later when my husband retires because I wouldn’t be able to drive. I need to with my mom and David.
I started taking a higher dose of the Levothyroxine on Saturday. I get retested July 2..She’ll check the Thyroid, platelets, and glucose..I’m a mess! I hope I start dropping weight..sigh..

Hi Joanne! We were near Philadelphia in a town called Croyden. Yes so far the spokes seem A OK fingers crossed. We do go fast at times and over some rough terrain and it is not a light weight our tandem is carrying. Our bike is pretty heavy (about 125 lbs with all our stuff) and it is carrying both Greg and me. So there's a lot of wear and tear on the tires. It is constant maintenance on the bike and generally each ride we need to stop for Greg to fine tune or fix something. Yesterday our speedometer stoped working near the end of the ride but Greg was able to do a quick and dirty fix til we got home and he was able to fix it properly. Luckily he is very handy.

Toe issue started 8 months after my cycling accident in June 2014. I broke my tibia and fibula and the nail on my big toe on that foot stopped growing for 8 months due to the trauma and surgery. When it started growing it started growing wrong and for the first time in my life I got an ingrown toenail. And it has never grown in correctly. I have had 6? toe nail removals now on that one nail and the podiatrist cannot permanently remove it due to my severe allergic reactions and poor circulation so he cannot add the chemicals that he would normally do during that procedure to kill the nail growing into the skin. Or cut it in a way to permanently stop it due to my poor circulation. So he gives me the needles (two or 3 depending on where he has to cut) to make the toe completely numb and then rips the offending portion out and when it starts growing in again we repeat. It's not fun but it's not the worst thing I ever had done lol that is now my benchmark. If something is not the worst thing I ever experienced I am OK. :lol: What can I say. If it doesn't kill us and it doesn't stop us from enjoying our life it is OK.

Honey, I am so sorry about your tendon surgery being unsuccessful.:(2 I hope the bigger surgery you need goes smoothly and as painlessly as possible. (((HUGS))).

Good luck with your higher dose of thyroid meds. When you get tested do not take the meds for 12-17 hours before the test so you don't falsely influence the blood test. You have a 12-17 hour window where you shouldn't take the meds before the blood test and then bring it with you and take the missed dose right after the test. How are you feeling? Any change at all? I know how frustrating this issue can be and I cannot believe it's been over 18 months for me of extremely low T3. The only reason I have energy to do things is because my adrenals are in overdrive. Not good but just making the best of things and hoping somehow we can miraculously figure it out and resolve this issue. Sending you healing dust for a successful resolution for your health issues too.

I love your new jewelry @Mamabean . Blingtastic! :love:

Dear @canuk-gal ooh thank you very much for the link. Luscious.:love: SO happy you are cycling and walking and enjoying some beautiful summer weather. Sweet.

@Austina glad you got some errands done yesterday. I used to enjoy Costco samples but now never partake due to all the questionable (for me and my AIP way of life) ingredients. Luckily I do not miss it anymore. But I get Colin being disappointed because in the past I would have been too...Hope your heat rash is resolved and you are feeling well. I could not sleep without AC. As for the toe, yes, it is the same issue for me. It's the bike accident that keeps on giving. Greg calls it my battle wounds and says it shows I am leading an interesting and exciting life. LOL I can do without all this excitement. :lol:

@marcy lol I agree...it feels more like October or April or March than almost June. Sorry your knees are so bothersome and I wish you and Greg could just get bionic parts quickly and easily without dealing with the pain and trouble. Yum to ice cream for dessert. I am on board with that as you know. And how nice your SIL is visiting this weekend. HAPPY BIRTHDAY sweet Marcy!!!! I hope your day is as wonderful as you are and that you have the most lovely warm birthday filled with happiness and love and health the whole year through. And wear your gorgeous birthday bling in good health! ((((HUGS)))).

@Calliecake LOL you have me laughing out loud. Yes I guess when you put it that way my knees are doing OK. We did 60 miles yesterday too. And made it home before the storms. We lost power for a minute during the lightning and thunder storms last night and our generator went on but then the power came back very quickly. Less than a minute maybe. Thank goodness because we were watching RHOBH and I was very engrossed in the drama. Greg not so much. He loathes those women and honestly I do also most of the time. They are very unlikable yet still I watch. Have you caught up? We just watched the most recent BH last night.

As for the bike helmets that has been disappointing. Only 2 have arrived and I am waiting for 3 more. The 2 that have arrived I have not used as they are heavier than my current helmets and I have not decided if I am keeping them. New bike shoes arrived the other day and I wore them yesterday. At first I thought they were too small as I had to get a smaller size than I usually do as they were out of my usual size. I size up generally for cycling shoes so decided since I very much wanted red to take the chance and get them in the smaller size. Well I love them. Here's a photo of me with my new shoes.

So we started out dressed lightly because it was warm and then the temps dropped 6 miles out so we turned around to go back and get warmer outerwear because we didn't have heavy enough clothing with us. It was a dramatic change.

Early AM
Screen Shot 2019-05-30 at 6.08.56 AM.png

Went back and changed my outwear and sunglasses.:cool2: Kept the red shoes on...

redcyclingshoes.png

Supposed to get 2 more helmets before the weekend I hope and another by next Tuesday June 4th. These cycling places obviously never heard of 2 day delivery.::)

@Calliecake good luck with the doctor today. Sorry the meds didn't work and hoping they can give you something today that provides full relief. And more importantly you weren't exposed to anything bad.:appl:

@Slick1 hey girl hope your week is going well. (((HUGS))).

@Keeliamira hope you too are having a good week and that your DD is doing well and her medical coverage is complete. Any updates re DH and the job opportunity? Fingers crossed.

Hello @AV_ hope you had a good day yesterday. (((Hugs))).

Off for cycling again in a bit. More thunderstorms predicted later so hope to get a ride in today. And we are probably going out to dinner later. We got pretty strong storms last night and as I wrote above lost power for a minute which was scary enough but relieved it wasn't for long. Even with a generator I do not like losing power. It was a lightning strike/flash and BAM all power went off in an instant. Scary. Poor Francesca hid for hours. Greg likes thunderstorms but I do not since the ferals are outside and it scares our kitties too and it is dangerous. But I am a baby I guess LOL.

A few quick pics from yesterday's ride.

Days!

Screen Shot 2019-05-30 at 6.19.41 AM.png

Sea!

seamay2019.png

and an art exhibit in Asbury...got a photo as we were passing through.

Screen Shot 2019-05-30 at 6.21.26 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-30 at 6.21.36 AM.png

Have a great day girls!:wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is for you Marcy...

marcy.jpg

And I hope you will forgive me for reusing the poem I wrote you last time...too long but from the heart. HAPPY BIRTHDAY sweet Marcy!!!

Today is the birthday of our sweet Marcy dear
That's right can you believe it has been another year
On this special day we just had to come and say
How terrific you are in so many different ways

You are warm and caring, sweet and kind
Always here for your friends no matter what the time
Day or night, at leisure or at work
Your NIRDI responsibilities you never ever shirk
Always there to lend a helping hand and sympathtetic ear
you're a treasure and a find and you are our very own Marcy dear

Those killer bunnies and darling teddies are lucky kids for sure
And then so is your darling Marty your loving spouse evermore
But we are lucky too your NIRDI crew and for this we must shout aloud
Dearest Marcy with all your generosity and kindness you make us so very proud

You love the stars and the sky and beautiful gemstones too
Diamonds and sapphires, emeralds and rubies, so deep in color and hue
Their beauty and dazzle are truly something to behold
But cannot compare with your inner beauty when truth is really told

So we come together to say out loud
How much we love you dear
You are our friend forever now
Not just online but truly and for real

Happy Birthday sweet Marcy
Wishing you all the very best
Not just a day filled with laughter and love
But lasting the whole year plus

Hoping we have many decades and more
To say how much we truly care
And also just a quick warning
Be careful of those killer bunnies over there
mail

Happy birthday today and sending you lots of love and hugs
From the NIRDI girls, the teddy bears, the bunnies and the whole crew
Today is your special day but with you here with us every day is special too

Love you Marcy!!!
We really really do!!!!!

XOXO, NIRDIs.
mail

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Calliecake Hey! thank you so much for your sweet words about Katie and Anne.. I am sure they will work it out.. I was walking with John this morning and I said 'what if I get DSS?????!!!!!" he said, then you will upgrade.. I said no.. but hopefully I won't get it, 3carats was always my goal.. :) my husband loves that I love bling, he's thinks it's "Oh so KATE!" (that's what he says anyway).. ha! Did you go to the doctor again yet? I know about scary times and antbiotics not working, keep us posted please! xoxoxo

@Mamabean oooh that pendant is perfect, it's gorgeous and I love it, when is it coming? I said, would love to see you post all your cool bling.. I love your taste and your jewels! seeing them all together would be wonderful!...

@marcy are you buying new linens? summer? what's summer? we've had to put our winter comforter back on our bed! tomorrow though it may hit 70F :)! hope all is well and with Debbie Downer out it's going to be a good Friday at work at least. Chris, when he was 4 would say! Happy BURFDAY Marcy.. hope you have a swell, happy, sunny beautiful day! xoxoxoxoxo

@missy the toe, :( so sorry.. and ooh I meant to ask you about the spokes on your bike, glad to read they are holding up... good news!...

oooh I love red anything.. your new bike shoes are bitchin' cool and look wonderful on you.. and Missy we had that dramatic change yesterday, we walked in the early a.m. nice and in the p.m. we had to go back to get sweaters.. weather is fickle for sure!.. given the nature of your biking I would think a heavier helmet would become uncomfortable but I could be wrong, I know you will return them if you think the helmet will hinder cycling. I love the pix from yesterday in Asbury Missy, very cool.. AND I love your ice cream and makes me want to go out and get some right now!!! You look beautiful Missy and you radiate happiness, thank you! always makes me happy seeing a pix of you living life.. xoxoxoxoxo xo (and we are all great here and thank you for your kind words). :)

@junebug17 have a great weekend June.. hope you are having a heart heal, and you find some happy place at your other home where you can think about all the good things... :)

@Slick1 how's everything going with you?

@Keeliamira I hope all is going well girl!

@AV_ getting on to late in the afternoon for you, I hope you have a wonderful rest of your day xoxoxo

@Austina I usually try to spend my time at Costco looking at the bling! or the eyeglasses spot since I always need my glasses readjusted! Who do you think with be your new PM?

@ringo865 sending good vibes your way... happy friday. xoxoxo

Okay, status on my ring is that we are moving along, I don't have a done date yet, they said two weeks from when the start/ Becca called the setting: Semi-Custom Sleek Line with the 6 Prong Tiffany style head.. I've not paid for the whole thing yet and I should today at some point. So that is my update on my ring, named Ever, I named it ever because I wanted it forever and it's my forever ring (fingers crossed).. hope I like it, I hope John likes it too :)

We are not doing anything this weekend, cleaning lady tomorrow! yay. John going to DC for his high school reunion, not me! yay yay yay! I'm home with Salley eating takeout and bingeing on movies!!!!

Here's my latest Autie pix!..

sweetiepie.jpg

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

@Mamabean your pendant is lovely, what an exciting week you’ve got coming, such beautiful things to look forward to. My friend is having her second bunion surgery tomorrow, and a correction on her other foot, where they’re going to cut the tendon to make one of her toes sit flat. The original surgery went well, this is just a minor tweak, so hopefully when you have yours done, it’ll all go smoothly.

Goodness @Tekate, Autumn is getting so big, so quickly. She’s already changed and looks like a proper little girl. I think when you get your ring, you’ll be so in love with it, that you’ll never want to upgrade. Sounds like a nice quiet weekend on the horizon for you. We have no idea who’ll be our next PM, Boris Johnson is probably the only one who’ll tell the EU where they can shove their deal, but not sure he’ll be a good PM :lol:

I’m glad you got your car sorted @Calliecake, I’ve liked all the Infinitis I’ve seen IRL, they look pretty stylish. I’ll take lots of photos of our upcoming cruise in August so you can enjoy it with us :mrgreen2: I’m sorry your medication hasn’t proved effective, I hope you get it sorted out and start feeling better soon.

I hope the weather held up for you @missy and you managed to get a ride in today. :shock: To the thunderstorms, I’m with you, I worry about Dottie getting scared, she doesn’t like loud bangs, although she never minds being out in the rain. Too bad about the helmets, I hope the others arrive quickly and they feel more suitable. Your red cycling shoes are jazzy :mrgreen2:

I hope you’ve been having a lovely birthday @marcy and are enjoying your beautiful new bling. Bonus that Moaning Minnie is not in work to put a dampener on thing :mrgreen:

B07485C1-6163-4119-BE53-3A1024CBC329.jpeg

Big wave out to all the other lovely NIRDIs, hope you’re all doing well and feeling good.:wavey:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Greetings from Maryland! It only took me two hours! That’s because David had a blood test this morning and I decided to keep him home from work and leave after his appointment. I bribed him with a large Dairy Queen Shake. He was very brave..They couldn’t find his veins in his arms so they had to take it from the back of his head which hurts a bit more. I’m not a forceful or demanding person..but I am his mama so I told them they could only stick him once. The tech went out and got another tech..and she decided she couldn’t do it. I told them that I used to have trouble when I was younger and they would take the blood from the back of my hand. So this is what they did! At 34 years old he earned a penguin sticker! :lol: We put it under the sleeve of his shirt so he could pull it up and look at it. I didn’t want anyone laughing at him. I’m sitting on the lawn furniture at Home Depot while he walks around. That was one of the things he asked for..to take him to Home Depot when we got here.
@Keeliamira You are amazing...I hope you got the Medicaid and Social Security straightened out. I only deal with Social Security for David..but they give me a headache. You have such a busy life but you seem to be able to flawlessly handle everything..
That’s crazy that the company your hubby is interviewing with interviewed you! I would have been so nervous I would mess it up for my hubby! I hope the offer is great and the hot dog house is still available!
@junebug..I think about you all the time and hope you have comfort knowing you did everything you could for Zoe. I love her pic in your avatar.. She was a sweetheart..
@marcy Happy Birthday Marcy! F7A1A885-7EC8-4D58-9D23-6D69D0CB5206.jpeg
I take mental health days..I take a shower...put on clean pjs and order from Instacart. It’s such a treat for me when things are crazy....
When is the competition? I hope Marty’s back is feeling better. The fact that he thinks if he goes to the doctor they’ll want to do surgery means it must hurt like the dickens..Poor guy..It’s funny he wants you to call him your limo driver.
@Calliecake Yay you have a new car! My husband just told me last night that he plans on taking my car and I will get a new car. He travels so much by car he’ll run that car into the ground and then he’ll get a new one too. The pressure is on. Next weekend is dedicated to narrowing my choices down. :roll2:
Do you have to go back to the doctor? I hope you feel better soon.
@av I hope you are getting out and enjoying beautiful weather. Any more planes flying past
your window? :lol:
@missy Thank you for understanding about my medical maladies. I don’t feel any difference with the increased dosage..but I’m starting to drop weight. I’m still very exhausted though...I will look into the books you suggested..Thank you!
@canuk-gal I’m glad you’re getting good weather and getting out to cycle. I was in Canada last year..and had the best time. We
stayed at the Chateau Frontenac..My boys went to hockey camps when they were still in school. We loved it there. Horton’s coffee is the best!
@Tekate You are so nice to say you like my sparklies. I keep them all in little tiny baggies. I will try to take them all out for you..:lol: I need a ring organizer..I have too many bands..I don’t know how to show you them unless they’re stuck in those velvet trays. I’ll check Amazon! They love me! I think I pay all their salaries!
David has made a hundred revolutions around Home Depot so will talk to you all later..:kiss2:

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hahaha! They took the blood from the back of his hand..not head! :lol-2:
@Austina Thank you..I’m excited to get the pendant..I was dying to have the Tiffany .72 bezeled but I’m fine now with the other pendant. DSS is real...I never wanted a bigger diamond for my pendant...until I came here. This pendant doesn't have a bigger center diamond but with the bezeling it’s 9mm so it ticks the box!
I had the second little surgery that you mentioned. I have a toe that’s bent..and it hits the top of my shoe. She cut the tendon but I think it’s frozen in space because it’s pretty much the same. She said I would need to have the bone broken and reset. I’m in no rush! I’m also thinking it would be more prone to arthritis..and I already have it in that foot. I’ll wait..
When will you see Shirley? Dementia is very scary to me...You are a good friend..
I saw a Discovery today. That’s what you drive, right? I really like it. I think the back is higher than my BMW X3. Bailey has to be able to jump in the back. He’s too big for me to lift.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We’re seeing Shirley in just over 4 weeks @Mamabean.

I don’t have a Discovery anymore, I’ve had 2 in the past, but the back would definitely be too high for Dottie to jump in to now, and there’s no way I could heft her in. We have a small SUV now, and she can still jump in, but I’ll definitely be looking at something lower next time.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
We’re seeing Shirley in just over 4 weeks @Mamabean.

I don’t have a Discovery anymore, I’ve had 2 in the past, but the back would definitely be too high for Dottie to jump in to now, and there’s no way I could heft her in. We have a small SUV now, and she can still jump in, but I’ll definitely be looking at something lower next time.
I think you said she was going to stay with you. I hope if she is staying with you..that it goes well...
I’m going to measure the back of my car and see how many inches it is. I’m also going to try to get something lower. I saw a mercedes wagon that looked pretty low. I’ll be looking around with a tape measure in hand.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Tekate I don’t know how I missed Autie’s ADORABLE pic! She is delicious! I love her little tutu and lacy sandals! She looks so much older!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, I will be ok but right now I do feel traumatized and upset. Such a shock. I miss her and it's painful. Thank you for keeping me in your thoughts. I had removed the previous avatar because it hurt to look at it, but after I removed it I regretted it but couldn't retrieve it so I added a different one. I'm a mess lol. I will probably change it at some point.

I'm so glad you don't need to do anything with your nail right now. It's great you and Greg can get some cycling in despite all the rainstorms that keep popping up. It's amazing how many miles you guys do! Ugh to the helmets being heavy, nothing is simple these days. Love your new shoes, they look great. I hope you and Greg had a nice time going out to dinner.

@marcy, thank you for your kindness. Zoe was my little buddy and it feels so strange that she's not here. Wow, you did have a busy Memorial Day but you got a lot accomplished. I'm glad your sister was appreciative of you making the cookies and muffins; it was really nice of you to do it. Yeah, I am just really sick of grocery shopping, it would be nice to pull up and have it all handed to me. My grocery list really isn't very complicated and I buy the same things every week. I hope you had a fantastic birthday! A special person like you deserves a special birthday.

@Mamabean, David certainly was very brave - getting blood drawn is awful, I hate it! Thank goodness you thought to suggest taking it from the back of his hand, you saved the day. I am so sorry about the issue with the rug and I hope the smell is fading by now. It looks absolutely beautiful in that lovely room. I adore your diamond huggies, they are beautiful and I would love to have a pair just like them. And the pendant...gorgeous! Elegant and stylish and blingy. You have great taste.

@Calliecake, congratulations on the new car! Must feel great to have your own wheels now lol. I am so sorry to hear about your infection and I hope your doctor can come up with something to help you. Lol to clothes shopping, I hear you...I'm hoping you found some things you liked if you did end up going.

@Tekate, thank you...it's very hard right now but everyone's compassion and kindness have given me comfort. ACAs are very high quality stones and I'm sure you are going to love it. I don't think you'll get DSS, that's a big rock! I cannot believe how big Autumn is getting, she is just beautiful and I love her tutu and lacy shoes :love: Oh my gosh you must love her like crazy. It's kinda nice you were off the hook for the reunion, staying home and watching netflix sounds like more fun to me lol.

Dh and I got to SC around 4. We stopped at the grocery store and then sat on the beach for a while. It's hot here! We went out to dinner at a marina and enjoyed the pretty sunset.
31F17853-069E-4BA5-A6C5-74FD92354CAC.jpeg

Last edited:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Callie, I hope your rain stops soon. It will make everything green though. Marty’s competition is local; thank you for the good wishes for him. Oh no your medicine for an infection doesn’t seem to be working. I hope you got that straightened out today. Did you go clothes shopping? I need to get some new pants for work. I love the meme where someone says they are so excited the earrings they wore in high school still fit them. Good deal you got your new car; I hope you love it.

Missy, thank you for the lovely poem for my birthday. I really appreciate it. I was cringing reading your toenail story even though I remember it very well. OUCH!!! Thank you for the birthday wishes and I did enjoy wearing my birthday bling. Marty was trying to touch it at supper; he thinks he is funny. We did enjoy dinner but I ate light so I could finish my dish of ice cream. I had cake batter and chocolate - darn I forgot to take a picture. Marty had dark chocolate and mint. Good deal the power wasn’t out long last night. Your new shoes look great and I hope you find helmets you like. I am going shoe shopping on Monday. I tend to wear Brooks running shoes most of the time and the newer version aren’t fitting me well. Great pictures from your ride. We were asleep one night and lighting hit the power pole behind our house. It traveled in to the house and everything in the entire house turned on at once. I screamed bloody murder. We had all sorts of electronics fried from that little and loud surge of power. We laugh about it now.

Kate, it seems like summer is coming late this year. I am with you on having your winter comforter out. Too cute for Happy Burfday. Thank you! I totally enjoyed my day without Debbie Downer around. I like the name Ever for your ring. That is awesome. I hope you and John love it; I know it will be gorgeous. Do you know I never name my jewelry. I guess my sick, twisted and crazy imagination doesn’t run in that direction. Autie is adorable and definitely growing.

Austina, I am with Dottie on loud noises; I jump more frequently I’d be willing to admit. I totally enjoyed no drama or complaining at work today. Thank you for the birthday wishes and sweet that I got a tiara. I constantly look at pictures of your Royal families just to see the jewelry.

Mamabean, sorry it was such an ordeal getting blood drawn today for David. They have trouble finding a vein on me but I notice some people are far more skilled at it than others. Good deal that David got to have a shake from DQ and got to wander Home Depot. Thank you for the birthday wishes. The competition is Saturday. They all go weigh in tomorrow morning. I think Marty’s back hurts more than he is willing to admit. Poor guy; poor stubborn guy. Ha Ha. But I resemble that remark. How fun to go car shopping. I can’t wait to see what you like. I bet you are excited to get your pendant. Yesterday I panicked and thought I’d lost my CBI pendant. I looked down at work and no pendant. I knew I had it out to wear so I sent Marty at text - please go check my jewelry box and see if there is a pendant in it - luckily it was there. Ouch to having a bent toe. I have hammer toes on my right foot that can be really painful; I started wrapping a piece of self sticking tape around one of them and it fixed it right up. They still are kind of fused together and move together but generally don’t hurt.

Junebug, I am so sorry you are hurting and missing sweet Zoe; bit hugs to you. It is so sad. Thank you for the birthday wishes. I am totally sold on driving to the parking lot and having my order brought out to the car. Now if I could find a way to get my dishes done by someone else. Beautiful and peaceful sunset. Enjoy the beach for me.

So the highlight of my day was the peace, quiet and occasional laughter coming from my team’s room - usually there is one person gripping, complaining and doing everything but working. Such a lovely change.
A friend of mine took me out for lunch today. Marty and I went to supper then went to Cold Stone Creamery for ice cream. I didn’t eat much supper so I could finish my dish of ice cream. Ha! Planning ahead.

Tomorrow is Friday. Yippee.

Take care.
Marcy

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@junebug17 What do cats do to us? I miss a couple I came to know really well, as much as I am missing their kind, wise, fun masters (so to speeak!) ,(

@marcy Marty - competing - with clients sounds like one heck' of a tough job!

How’re things with you @AV_ , I hope it’s not all work and no play?
Almost, but... I'm working on it! The evenings are so warm already, I'm ashamed to not be out to party.

@av I hope you are getting out and enjoying beautiful weather. Any more planes flying past
your window?
Not much chance until next April or the next war - whichever comes first !?

-

The only news I expect today is the sunrise & this is Heaven!

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Happy Friday or as some of the kids say Friyay.
1237372v4er6kso38.gif

@junebug17 I am so sorry you are in such pain but it is completely understandable honey. Losing Zoe is a huge loss and trauma and just take it one day at a time and be kind to yourself. Keep remembering you gave her everything she could ever hope for and made her time on earth one filled with love and security and comfort. I hope you have a nice visit at the beach and sending you more gentle hugs and love and healing vibes. Beautiful sunset.:love: {{{HUGS}}}.

@Mamabean I am sorry for the huge ordeal you and David went through but good for you in figuring out how best to draw his blood. Momma knows best. You're a great mom Joanne. Your huggies and pendant are beautiful and so is your new area rug and I hope the smell is gone by now.

@marcy glad you enjoyed ice cream for dessert yesterday and glad you had a lovely birthday. No worries about forgetting to take a photo. I have plenty.:lol:
For you-our ice cream selection from yesterday. Tangerine mango sorbet with dairy free vanilla ice cream for me and full dairy vanilla for Greg.
Screen Shot 2019-05-31 at 5.36.01 AM.png

Glad you got to go out to lunch with a friend yesterday. How is Marty's back doing? Hope today goes well and woohoo the weekend is coming.

@Tekate what a sweet photo of dear Autumn...she is a beautiful girl and knowing her family I know she will be just as beautiful on the inside as outside.:kiss2: She is growing so fast. Love the name Ever for your ring. It's perfect. Ooh hope John has a good time at his reunion and lol to you not having to go. That is a relief. Whew. Though when Greg had his HS reunion (last year? the year before last?) I wanted to go and it was fun but mainly because I know many of his HS friends and they are great and it wasn't too far away...only about 90 minutes away so an easy trip. Have a great weekend relaxing and sending you love and hugs. And thank you for the lovely compliment on my new red shoes. LOL I just received notice another pair of (different) red cycling shoes are due to arrive today or tomorrow and I forgot I ordered them. I am ordering so many cycling things I forget what I ordered. Still have 3 more helmets coming because yesterday 2 more arrived and they are too heavy so I took a chance and ordered 2 different helmets. I think we have 6 helmets to send back. Oy I hate sending things back but this is crazy. The helmets are either too old-2 were manufactured in 2015! despite me calling and checking that it was the latest model...pretty annoyed at the extra work they are causing us by misinforming us :knockout: or too heavy. The search continues. But I now have 3 red helmets, 2 black helmets and one white helmet all that need to go back to the cycling companies. As Greg said I am always in search of the HG of something. First my OEC ER, then the HG tandem, and now this. There have been other things in between but this is what my foggy early AM brain can remember. Of course Greg was the first HG I obtained.:whistle::lol:

@Austina I hope your visit with Shirley next month goes well. A difficult and sad situation. Sending you and Colin good luck vibes.

@Slick1 the weekend is almost here and fingers crossed the weather so far looks OK. How are you feeling? Sending you hugs and healing vibes. XOXO.

Hi @AV_ hope you are looking forward to a great weekend!

We had a great ride yesterday and then enjoyed a lovely dinner out after I took a long bath in between the ride and dinner. Almost a perfect day. Almost because it was a bit foggy and cool during the ride and a bit of drizzle but still lots of fun and I am glad we don't wait for perfect weather or we would rarely ride here in the NE. I also got to go to one of our favorite bike shops near where we used to live about 27 miles away during our bicycling yesterday but sadly he had no lightweight helmets for me. The owner researched while we were there too but he couldn't find any that could be shipped to the US. It seems Europe has lightweight helmets but they don't pass the USA guidelines for safety so they cannot be shipped here. Crazy because if one is over 17 one doesn't even have to wear a helmet so why can't we get the light European helmets sent here. Thanks Big Brother that is the USA being a net nanny. :knockout:

This is the one I want. The owner told me to take a photo and see if I can track it down. LOL trying to circumvent the USA's rules. If he cannot do it I doubt I can but OK. IN the meantime I did order 2 new helmets and hoping they will work. Coming next Wednesday I think. And I do have another coming Tuesday. Fingers crossed. It's not just the weight but when ordering online you don't know the year of manufacture and you don't want too old a helmet as they degrade even when not used. And as I wrote above I was told I was ordering the recent model and yesterday I received 2 more helmets but they were 2015! Not acceptable and now I am annoyed because I have to send them back and go to UPS which is out of our way. And I spoke to someone on the phone insisting they pay for return shipping since they told me the wrong info.:snooty: Still waiting for that label.:twirl:

Screen Shot 2019-05-31 at 5.51.38 AM.png

The bike shop I love

Screen Shot 2019-05-31 at 5.51.21 AM.png

Today we are heading to Pt Pleasant again and maybe Bayhead depending on how tough the wind and weather is today. Should be a nice day but we will see once we get out to the shore. Looking forward to a good cycling day.

One more photo...this is the Sea Streak that goes into NYC and takes off right near us at the beach which is one of the reasons we decided to move here. We can get into the city without driving. Here it is taking off yesterday AM at 8. This is one of their newest ships and one of the largest they have.
You can see how foggy (or as we call it froggy) it was yesterday and this is how it's been here for the past 3 days.

Screen Shot 2019-05-31 at 5.57.23 AM.png

Have a wonderful day girls! Leaving you with some photos from dinner last night.:lickout:
LOL it's 6AM and now I am hungry again.:P2

Screen Shot 2019-05-31 at 5.58.43 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-31 at 5.58.53 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-31 at 5.59.05 AM.png

Enjoy this lovely day ladies!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results