shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Yes you are right, the home theater or just watching a movie is equal if not a better experience AND it is where it is going for sure, my over 65 price was 8.95 for entrance, 7.95 for popcorn (of which I can make WAY better popcorn at home). that is 17.00$.. not a lot but for a Mainer on just social security, it's toooo expensive. I like Spielberg too, but truly a remark that puts him in the 1% of 1% of Americans.. earth to Stephen.. Roma was magnificent, Netflix makes some really really good movies, probably cheaper than Hollywood old school. I'm lucky, I can afford to go to the movies and eat junky popcorn. STICKINESS!!! for years and years and illness for sure. Sometimes it seems to me that my generation of early boomers became stick in the muds. Sad to say. I love that Snoopy cartoon, it's the truth. Live, Love, Laugh (in any order one feels like on any day).. I hope the tunic comes soon Missy as we are leaving next week and I paid for fast shipping, but the WeATher can affect delivery up here in the hinterlands.

Have a wonderful day Missy, it's danged cold up here I think we hit 1degree so far.. xoxoxo

Ladies of the NIRDI, have warm, happy days today and all week.

I've attached a picture of my Aunt Mary, she was so unique, brilliant, stuborn, and as she said, lived a dramatic and happy life.!! miss her. really do.

Kate

marylove.jpg

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

@Tekate, that tunic is lovely, so vibrant and lively, just the thing to celebrate new life. This 4D scans are amazing, so detailed and different from the basic scans that were available when I had Adam. :lol: @missy being a bad influence, look what I have now because of her, I wouldn’t want it any other way.

Let’s hope it hurry’s up and gets to you before you set off. Your aunt looks a determined, strong woman, no wonder she was such a character.

Sorry to hear life is full of stresses for you at the moment @canuk-gal I hope things improve soon, and thank you for your kind words.

I love the Spring @AV_ when the trees are full of blossom and signs of new life are all around.

Marty is such a joker @marcy, those killer rabbits and bears are certainly keeping things interesting at yours. Good news that that your body wasn’t protesting too much at the weekend, and I hope that your working week so far, hasn’t been too stressful.

Thank you @Jimmianne I hope things are progressing well your end, and that your little doggie is doing well.

I hope you had a good weekend @junebug17 and enjoyed having DD visit.

I don’t think you could ever show Greg up @missy, you’ll be the best looking couple at the function. Love the Snoopy cartoon, it’s particularly relevant at the moment. Glad you enjoyed your weekend and visiting the shelter, particularly heartbreaking to see puppies and oldies there, though of course we all wish for a world where there was no need for them to exist. I hope your medical appt went well today. How’re you feeling?

I’ll be honest and say I’m struggling at the moment, I think apart from the suddenness of Bob’s death, the fact that he was only a couple of years older than Colin is also playing on my mind. I know that Colin doesn’t have any underlying medical issues like he did, but the thought of being without him, is just unbearable. Shirley is going to California with her son and DIL shortly, which I think will be a good idea, they need to do it as much as she needs it. Strangely her emails sound more clear, I know it was very stressful taking care of Bob and ensuring he was on top of his diabetes. She’s not going to be coming in May, but she knows she’s welcome anytime. Hopefully we’ll see her in June if she’s back in Texas by then.

Thanks for listening, it really helps.

:wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dear @Austina just got back and wanted to say I’m keeping you and your friend in my thoughts and sending you gentle and warm (((hugs))). Life is so fragile and we have to hold onto the good. Without our loved ones life is indeed meaningless I am always here for you online and of course offline. (((Hugs))).

@Tekate your Aunt Mary was a beauty. :kiss2: She reminds me of you. I’m so sorry she is gone and you miss her terribly. (((Hugs))).
Thank you for getting my tirade. Exactly. Isn’t it nice to be so privileged and so critical. Talented he is but also a bit clueless.
Hope you have a wonderful day. XO.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Austina

No one I know finds it reasonable to piece life together with another suddenly absent. Neither do I. I am glad to hear how you are being a good friend in such times!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy I hear you about winter landscapes... Impossible here! Higher up in the mountains there has been snow since November and there will be still until mid march, but there are no trees at all - the Sierra is a stony dessert.

The olives and pines growing on such land look like sculpture (with distracting leaves!). I might have shot a few, chime to think if it. Obviously, I love these things...

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy , You are not a bad influence. Look at this way, a girl has to have goals and no one sets ring goals like you do!!! I remember how worried I was about what my DH was going to say when I called him to tell him I wanted a different diamond and it was going to be more than the budget we had agreed to. His first reaction was exactly what Greg’s reaction had been when you and I were talking about the diamonds we had seen. Both our husbands said we needed to decide what we really wanted before we talked about anything else. Once we knew what we wanted, we needed to decide what we were willing to pay for it. Our husbands knew what they were talking about as we both ended up with what we wanted.

@Austina , I’m so sorry about your friend. What a shock this must have been for everyone who cared about him. His poor wife must be beside herself with grief. Shirley is very lucky to have you. Does she have family near her? Please know we are here for you if you need to talk. Hugs

@Tekate , Please be kind to yourself. You have been thru a lot the past few weeks. I wish there was something I could say to make this easier on you. It’s seems as though you are the one who takes care of everyone in your family. Please let your friends help to take care of you. Things will get easier but what you are feeling now is so hard. Just take it day by day. We are here for you Kate.

Thankfully you have a lot of joy coming your way with Autumn. How exciting you were able to see Autumn’s sweet little face on the sonogram. Kate, I cant wait to hear all about your first first time seeing her. We love these little ones so much before they even make their arrival. You are going to look beautiful at the shower and what a happy time for your whole family this will be. I LOL at your comments about the apartment Chris looked at. Hopefully something will pop up this week that he gets excited about and can comfortably afford. I know, not very easy with NYC rent prices.

@junebug17 How was your weekend with DD? Did you also get to see DS this past weekend too? I hope things are going well with you and things and the family member you are helping us doing well.

@marcy, It sounds like your workouts are getting a little bit easier. Don’t over do it. You don’t want to injure your knee further. I’m glad the Aspercream and Advil have help with the pain.

@Jimmianne, How fun that you have been busy with planning for your next trip to France and have the wedding to look for to.

@canuk-gal , I’m sorry things have been stressful and hope things get easier for you. I too thought the Creed fragrances didn’t last but they must last longer than we think they do. I always get compliments and asked what fragrance I’m wearing. It may still be a keeper. Get a couple samples and wear it. I bet you will have people telling you how good you smell.

@Scandinavian , What fun things have you been up to this week?

@av, I hope you were able to enjoy the weekend and get a little break from work.

We spent all day looking at cars and I finally think we are down to two. I know I really want a coupe but will probably get the a four door because it will be so much easier. Who knows what the next few years will bring with aging parents and family members who often need some help. As much as I love the coupe, it just isn’t practical. We found out yesterday that one of my brothers will be needing another surgery and therapy after the surgery. I can’t see him getting in and out of a coupe after his back surgery. I’m sorry about my self absorbed ramblings.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Calliecake aw thank you so much Callie, you made me happy.. it's been tough but everyone has their story, I do lean on you guys! thank you again you sweetie! And yes we love our little ones and Autumn Marie will be wonderful! I texted my son this morning and I said "Autumn look beautiful just like me Mike!" and he texted back "So true Mom!" so I texted back "ooh I love you so much Mike, Autumn looks like Cara!".. that was nice. Callie I love coupe's too, but they are a pain in the derriere with groceries, grands, old parents (believe me this one I know as I'm the old parents and I always say to Mike "pull your old mom out please!" (he's getting something with 4 doors as I write this!).. but when one drives a coupe it's FUN! so I know unless it's rings/things glittery we NIRDIs can be logical :) looking forward to hearing what you buy! I always love a new/new to me car! Thank you Callie..

Kate

added: We as women feel guilty when we think of ourselves Callie, we ALL do it except the sociopaths we all know and are stuck with as family members or 'frends. I like that you shared your thoughts on the new car and appreciate the chance to give you my thoughts! :)

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes! I do look a bit like Mary, it's the Irish in us! ((MISSY)) lucky us and me! to know you.

Dear @Austina just got back and wanted to say I’m keeping you and your friend in my thoughts and sending you gentle and warm (((hugs))). Life is so fragile and we have to hold onto the good. Without our loved ones life is indeed meaningless I am always here for you online and of course offline. (((Hugs))).

@Tekate your Aunt Mary was a beauty. :kiss2: She reminds me of you. I’m so sorry she is gone and you miss her terribly. (((Hugs))).
Thank you for getting my tirade. Exactly. Isn’t it nice to be so privileged and so critical. Talented he is but also a bit clueless.
Hope you have a wonderful day. XO.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina Oh Austina, I hear what you are saying and I know exactly how you feel.. our friends, brothers, sisters, spouses who die and die suddenly rocks our universe every which way.. I am so sorry and I feel for your friend I really do and I feel for you, and you know your feelings are normal, who thinks about all this death till something happens (I didn't and to be honest maybe I should have because I was 62 when Bobby ((brother) died) grief, such a small word, sounds so innocuous when you say it Austina, but it is like a fire, and worry about your husband is normal because of age closeness to you friend, I think Missy said she had Greg and she get heart checkups because her friend dying made her think of this, I think that was a GREAT thing to do, and maybe you would want to ensure your husband get's a good checkup this year.. I have decided to ask my GP to request that I have a lose dose CAT scan of my chest to check for lung cancer, I quit 31 years ago, but damage is damage of 20 years of heavy smoking.. being proactive is just our way of loving and loving others.

As to the sonograms we had with our boys in 87 and 91 I can say neither was at all near what my sons and Cara have had with Autumn. Seriously the tech told Cara that Autumn has an inch of hair! sheesh.

Austina, take care, true love is hard to find, keep and grow, it's wonderful you love your husband so.

Kate

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @Tekate, I’m not normally one to dwell on such things, I tease Colin because he has every test going. He was up in London today, follow up on his last BCC removal, and it’s all fine.

Apart from mourning our friend and worrying about Shirley, we are also mourning the loss of future trips and visits with them and having ready made friends when we move to Texas. Shirley would joke that there’d ruts in the road between their place and ours because of the constant back and forth.

I’m being irrational, Colin is very healthy, his mother lived to 93, his father 85, so no reason to think we won’t have many more years together. We have already decided that we will do some of the trips we’d planned with them, in the next couple of months. We’ll go, and I’ll be able to tell Shirley about them when I think the time is right.

I met Colin when I was 18 and we were married a few months later, I can’t believe that over 40 years has just whizzed by in a flash.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Austina, thinking of you.
Yes, there does seem to come a time when the losses start hitting harder. I often think of my Mom
saying « strengthen what remains ». I suppose it to mean that instead of being diminished by our loses, we must build up the good and positive parts of our minds.
Always grateful for the NIRDIs who make staying on the positive side of the equation a bit easier.

Maybe you and Shirley can do a trip? What my Dad died, my Mom went to Europe with a friend and she said it saved her. Hard times.
Sending hugs this morning.

T’Kate, how fun to see Autumn and with all that hair! And How nice of them to have a baby for you :appl:
btw, Welcome to the Tunic Tribe!!! Pretty. What earrings with it? What shoes?? Tell all.

Callie, I respectfully disagree. Missy is indeed a bad influence. Of the very best kind, of course, and fun to tease about it. ((Sorry dear Missy <3)
I hope you get your car soon. Vehicle shopping is a pain. And worse when you have to be practical LOL

Today is my last drawing class. It’s been great having such an excellent instructor. It’s more of a « how to see » than « how to draw » class. Here are 2 drawings from the class, which gave me the patience to sit down with a subject. So now a new door has opened. 9D0F7ED0-D774-47CA-BFBD-C34E36D69F2B.jpeg C11B8F7B-ADE1-4BE4-8671-BE5C49457A30.jpeg

Reactions: AV_

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Austina, second @Jimmianne in saying that there is no reason to not keep going to Texas.

@missy - you got me thinking of movies & theatre & how both seem to be turning into almost private forms on screens and for small audiences... No complaint!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@Austina you and Shirley continue to be in my thoughts. I cannot imagine how Shirley feels to lose a beloved spouse. It's a tragedy on so many levels.
This evening a tribute is taking place for our dear friend Jeff who died suddenly a few months ago. He had many friends and we all wanted to get together and talk about the good times and how much we miss him. Of course there is a snow storm predicted for this evening so not sure how it will impact the get together. It's taking place at a Spanish restaurant in Newark that we all used to go to together.

Anyway all this to say yes it is so sad and it really changes one's outlook on life in general. When dear loved ones die suddenly (and not just suddenly but even when we expect it but still a terrible loss and shock even) and family and friends are left to pick up the pieces and left missing them so much. It's a pain that time doesn't really heal so much as just dulls the ache a bit. Sending you more hugs and love and strength.

@Jimmianne you are so talented. I love your drawings. If you ever sell any of them please let me know because I would be thrilled to purchase something you created. And thanks for the compliment. If being bad feels so good sign me up girl. We like the pretty bling don't we.:devil: :love: :halo:

@Calliecake we are fortunate that our DHs want us to be happy and subscribe to the school of thought happy wife happy life. Greg doesnt even pretend to believe me anymore about not wanting another upgrade ever (I don't) but it is good he is onboard with whatever I think is best. That is a smart DH indeed. Speaking of smart DH so glad yours is enjoying his new found freedom and making each day his and your own. That is sweet. My choice for you is the practical car just because it fits into your life better and safety is number 1 always IMO. And you know I was thinking (uh oh we are in trouble now lol) maybe you should get a third car and make that your coupe. That way you have both practicality and a fun car too that J doesnt have to drive because it will be your third car. Just food for thought.

@AV_ yup you and I are on the same page. If you take a photo of the living sculptures please share with me. I love that so much. One of my favorite photographs that we have hanging in the apartment is a photo my mom (who is an artist) took in the 1960s. A black and white photograph of a tree in Central Park in winter. Bare and beautiful and raw.

I am a huge movie fan and always loved going to the theater. As I wrote before I went literally 3 times a week at least all through my twenties and thirties. I stopped due to the less nice conditions and the constant chatter and cell phone usage etc. It just became not as wonderful an experience. Now it costs I think almost $20 a ticket here. But I am not sure as it's been years since we went but the ticket price is high and the experience less than pleasant. So yes I am happy to watch movies in the comfort of my homes and take breaks when I desire. Much more pleasant IMO.

@Tekate sending you comforting and big (((hugs))). We have all dealt with too much loss. It is the human existence. One day at a time and one hour at a time when that becomes too overwhelming. Love you girl.

@Sandeek thinking of you and hoping all is going smoothly and you are feeling well and healing and getting stronger with each passing day. (((Hugs))).

So our sweet Francesca is not doing well. Her lung inflammation is getting much worse. We gave her the second strong steroid shot 10 days ago and it did nothing. Debbie is worried because in most of the cats it takes care of the breathing issues. So I have ordered an aero chamber (not due here til Friday unfortunately because we need it now) and 2 human meds that cost out of pocket over $500. If it was for a human it would have been covered by our insurance as these are common meds (inhaled steroids and emergency inhaler) but because it is for a cat we pay full retail price and my sister doesn't dispense human meds but just prescribes it at the human pharmacy when necessary.

Of course we will spend whatever we need to spend for our furbabies and if this provides relief we are happy to spend this every month. And very thankful we can afford it. I just want her to be able to breathe. I am greatly concerned because this is our last avenue of treatment to explore with her. We did the echocardiogram a few months ago to make sure she could tolerate the steroid injections but now we know the steroid injections which help most animals with breathing issues did not help her. We did the pills and that did not provide relief.

So now I am praying she can tolerate the nebulization because many cats won't hold still enough for it and she can be difficult that way. So one she has to be able to tolerate the holding still to take the breathing treatments and two they have to help her breathe and hopefully lessen her lung inflammation. Please think good thoughts for her. We have both of the meds we need to inject into the aero chamber but now are waiting for the delivery of the aero chamber. Thank you for listening and for all your good thoughts for dear Francesca. She is such a good girl.

frankiegrooming.jpg

Today might be a snow day we will see. If it snows early enough I am going out to play in the snow. Everyone stay warm and cozy and safe and I am sending you all virtual (((hugs))).

AV_

Ideal_Rock
ctd. Then, everyone says that acting for people sitting at arm length from the stage is so different from the recorded version that one hardly had much to do with another. For a director, it must be the end of the world just because the picture is smaller & we look at it a little differently (myself, not much at all - you'd find me on Twitter & at pub shows! - although the letter are too often disappointing compared to the habits of my home town where the best of the scene would come down to make a living this way)

rant

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy we were writing in the same time

Darned illness!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, I'm so sorry about Francesca and I'm sending lots of positive thoughts that the meds help her. I know this is tough, hang in there. (((Hugs)))

@Austina, I'm sorry you are struggling right now, I understand how you're feeling and I hope you're in better spirits soon; we are here for you for support and comfort whenever you need it <3

I need to head out early today so will be back later to catch up - have a good day everyone xxx

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Thank you all again for your kind words, it means so much.

Poor little Francesca @missy I hope you can nebulise her so that her breathing improves. I can well imagine it’s not easy to get a wriggly cat to co-operate .What a worry for you, how is Fred, is he responding well to the drugs? I hope the weather doesn’t stop you going out this evening, it’s important to remember dear friends and celebrate their life.

Thank you @junebug17 it really does help sharing one’s fears and knowing others understand.

You have real talent @Jimmianne, and I imagine it’s quite relaxing to immerse yourself in drawing/painting, you obviously have a natural aptitude for it. Me, I can’t even draw stick people :shock: Shirley wants us to visit her in June, but so much can happen between now and then. When things settle down a bit, I’ll have a better idea of where she’ll be, I’m sure she probably has no idea herself at the moment. Of course, we’ll go if she’s there, we’ll have plenty of time during that trip. We can then see how she’s doing, and perhaps suggest a trip to her.

Yes @Tekate, although other people didn’t think our marriage would last, I’ve been very fortunate that Colin has been such a loyal and loving husband (not to mention, tolerant!) all these years. It’s a good idea to have the scan to put your mind at rest, then you can tick that off the list and not worry.

Thanks @AV_ we will continue to go to Texas, just saddened that future visits won’t include Bob.

How’re things with you @marcy? I hope work isn’t proving too stressful and you’re not too achey

Thanks @Calliecake I’m going to stop wallowing, we have lost a dear friend, poor Shirley and Bryan have lost so much more. I have much to be grateful for, and I’m going to focus on that.

I can’t remember if I mentioned that at long last, work has started on the gate repair. They arrived on Monday, removed the old gates, installed the new posts, and have lifted the brick block to remove the old motors, and replaced all the electric cables. They repositioned the new motor housings, and relaid all the brick block. The gates are being manufactured this week and should be ready for installation by the end of next week. It’s only taken 6 months to get to this point!

We went to Costco this afternoon, and got out relatively unscathed :roll2:

:wavey:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dang @Jimmianne that what your mother said was wonderful; strengthen what remains.. I really think that is truth!.

shoes? ah Jimmi* Ima gonna wear black sandals... jewelry will be a wedding band as I'm flying from Dominican Republic to Newark then off to Austin the next day, I don't bring much jewelry when I go on vacation.. not that I don't trust anyone, it's just more work :)

You are talented!!! thank you for posting your art, really admire people who can draw. it's a genetic thing, everyone in my family has some talent in drawing but me.. but I was always better with money !

@missy Missy your photo sounds exactly like the photos I love.. and you are the best influence ever on me, believe me! I think you and @Calliecake and all actually of us married NIRDIs have husbands who do love us. John said he doesn't believe there will ever be "John! this is the last time!!!" :) he knows.. we are all lucky here in our NIRDI family.. we are human. :) Geez Missy, I am sorry about Francesca's not reacting to the steroid shot.. I think nebulizaton is a good way to go, she will just have to get used to the mask. Money on our furkids? YES, I am lucky too that I will spend all I can on my animals, because why do I have them if I don't take care of them? You too! we are lucky, but we love them, really love them.. Salley is part of my life. Your furkids are part of yours.. :) How is Fred? Thank you for your kind words Missy and one day at a time is the best way We are due for snow tonight so hopefully you are getting the snow now, enjoy!. love you girlie xo

@Austina work on the gate has started? that is good news, pix if you can.. I love this kind of stuff (sorry it happened too :( ) People say your marriage wouldn't last, well I can see why maybe, you guys were young, but lately I come across more people who married young that have marriages that weather the forces of life and love.. (((Austina))) hope Shirley is having the least hard time possible, Shirley means country meadow, my mom's name was Shirley, it's English, it's beautiful really, I hope your friend is coping.. we have to be strong they say ..

For me, today I went to a new hairstylist (and cheaper) I left the other place because after 3 years the girl who had been doing my hair could not remember my name.. and I tipped her 150.00$ for her baby - now in some places getting your hair done is much higher than my tip (been there) but I no longer color my hair so it's a wash and cut/style. so I thought my tip was GENEROUS, anyhoo, I didn't like how my hair was always 'lumpy' with my former stylist, so today went to a new girl at a new salon too (of course as I didn't want the first girl to know, cause if she didn't remember my name doesn't mean she didn't remember my face ;-) ) so below is a pix of my new style, John didn't think it looked cut but she cut off an inch in the back and blended in the stuff in the front, next time I will get it a bit shorter, but I'm pleased with this cut! One week till I go to Dominican Republic. Snow and sleet tonite.. Flights all over the east coast have been cancelled, hoping that next week it's NICE! xo to everyone.

I have this 1.5 to 2inch stip of white hair but the rest of my hair is mostly dark with white interspersed, just exactly like my dad's ha!

oooh that pix showed my old lady pores.. I have to figure out how to make that photo look like it does in my photos.. sorry about the LARGE photo. eek.

trying again.

kt.png

mucho better.. sorry about the lighting in the bathroom, I should use the guest bathroom, next time!!

Last edited:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Praying for your Francesca @missy it’s so hard when our fur babies aren’t well...I hope the new meds and aero machine gives her comfort.
Hi all, :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Missy, I’ll bake cookies for you and all the NIRDI’s any day. Come on over. The coolest thing about where you live it there is always the perfect background. Great picture of Greg and the Brooklyn bridge. That is spot on about Speilberg and going to the movies. if we go to the movies we try to go to a matinee to save a little money. I am sure you aren’t surprised I am totally grossed out by a sticky floor. Yes, I love the Snoopy and Charlie Brown saying. That is perfect. It’s also one of my favorite pictures of Snoopy and Charlie Brown. Probably because my best friend who got killed on a motorcycle bought me that design in a Christmas ornament. i hope your doctor’s appointment went well today. I am so sorry to hear Francesca is having difficulty breathing; I hope the nebulization works for her; please give her a hug for me.

AV, living close to work with a good landlord is always a plus.

Kate, it definitely helps to be married to someone with a good sense of humor. Marty is quite entertaining. The summer my mom was barely hanging on about the only time she laughed was listening to Marty and I giving each other crap and talking about the killer rabbits and teddy bears. She adored Marty because he treated me well. i totally get what you mean about the difficulty of accepting an unexpected loss; it’s just never easy. Sounds like you had a wonderful time with your friend. Love the top you ordered; pretty colors too. Too funny Autumn has so much hair already. I am not a fan of IHOP either. i am with you and Missy; watching movies at home is way better - not only is my popcorn better my floor isn’t sticky. Your Aunt Mary was a lovely lady; thinking of you missing her. Hugs to you. Your new hairdo looks fabulous; you are a lovely lady. I am happy to put a face with your name. Sweet.

Austina, Marty is a joker. I do often tell him everyone is a comedian; but not everyone is funny. Of course I am dumb enough to always try and keep up with him or get even. It is understandable you and Colin are struggling with this. Losing someone can tend to make us face our own mortality. If you are like me; it’s something I try not to think about. I am glad Shirley is keeping busy with her kids and sounds a little more clear. I hope you can catch up with her in June. I am keeping all of you in my thoughts. Hugs to you. Nice that they finally started on your gates. I need to go shopping at Sams Club; I doubt I get out of their unscathed.

Callie, I hope you are enjoying your diamond. I’ve been wearing my EC RHR this week and keep thinking of how amazing it would look larger. LOL. We can always dream. I hate to hear one of your brothers will need surgery and therapy. Good idea to plan ahead on the car to find one that is useful and practical. It is always a tough decision.

Jimmianne, good thought on strengthen what remains. Cherishing their memory and find strength to be happy today because of the comforting thoughts of yesterday. Great drawings; I love the teapot.

Junebug, hope things are going good for you.

Sandeek, I hope you are doing well.

We’ve been busy. Monday night I made lasagna for our dinner last night. Our dinner went well with friends last night. The girls beat the guys big time at cribbage; we didn’t rub it in too much.

Our temperatures continue to hover near zero with nasty wind chills making being outdoors miserable. The snow isn’t bad; just enough to keep it icy. Or should I just say it’s a Wednesday in Wyoming?
I lifted tonight when i got home. Marty is still lifting now. I don’t know what he cooked on the stove today but he needed 1/2 less food in that pan to a way bigger pan. I uttered a few colorful metaphors when I saw that mess.

Take care.
Marcy

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, dear Francesca. I can't stand that she is having problems. I hope this latest treatment works well for her.
Thank you for the kind and supportive words about my art from you and from everyone.

Austina...the gate! Finally. What a long drawn out affair this has been. Wishing you a speedy process and a perfect gate completely to your liking.

Woke at 2am to a thunderstorm, all the better to catch up with the goings on here.
i can't believe it has been too wet to mow since summer and we are still getting more rain. So it goes...nothing to be done but paddle along like a happy duck. & It could be worse; it could be Wednesday in Wyoming!
xx

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@junebug17 thank you and (((hugs))). Hope everything is well by you.

@Sandeek thank you for your good wishes for Francesca and hope you are feeling well. I want to add that you have one of the toughest jobs (and yes rewarding too but so hard) around and thank you for all the good you do every single day. My mom used to teach in an inner city high school and the kids loved her but it was challenging and the kids could be very rough. They were the first school in Brooklyn (I think) to get metal detectors to give an idea of how rough it was back then at that school. Anyway thank you because without people like you there is no hope for our children and for the future. (((Hugs))).

@AV_ any adventures to share? How is your week going?

@Austina thank you. And woohoo for your gate repair at long last. That chapter is now well behind you and future trips are coming up. Sending you good thoughts and hoping your friend is doing as well as she can be doing. Keeping you all in my thoughts. Fred is doing A OK thank you for asking.

@Calliecake hope you enjoyed dinner out last night and that driving wasn't too bad in the weather.

@Jimmianne thank you. And today it's going to hit 53 F or so here. LOL crazy weather. Haha you're right. It could be worse...Wednesday in Wyoming :lol: Which bring me to our Marcy

@marcy LOL glad you lifted yesterday and that Marty was the one lifting the snow. And I am sorry about the mess Marty made while cooking. I guess he has his creative process and it might be different than yours. Sorry it is so cold there and hope it warms up soon. Yay for lasagna this past Monday. One of my favorite dishes. And woohoo for the girls beating the guys at cribbage. Sweet. And even sweeter that you weren't sore winners. Graciousness should always rule the day. You go girl.

I am so sorry about your best friend getting killed on a motorcycle. :cry2: Did I ever share this story with you? The reason Greg stopped riding and sold his motorcycle was because two of his good friends died in motorcycle accidents the same year. I still remember that time like it was yesterday. They were both young at the time of their deaths. G and P within a few months of each other. Tragic beyond comprehension. Talented funny and smart guys. I was relieved to say the least when Greg decided to stop riding and sold his motorcycle. I never told him to stop riding and sell it though I always hated that he rode and when he asked me how I would feel about selling it I was super relieved especially that he was the one to make that decision. I only rode on the back of it once because I grew up with the term Donorcycle and I think you all know what that means. They are dangerous simply because you are not protected in an accident. So vulnerable. Anyway I am very sorry about the death of your best friend.

@Tekate I LOVE your haircut. I would kill for your hair color. It looks fabulous on you. And I love seeing your bright smile.:kiss2: How exciting in one week you will be in the D.R. I am keeping my fingers crossed that next week the weather behaves and it is easy traveling for you all the way. Thank you for all your kind words and all your warmth and love and energy. Shines through every post you make and makes me smile and feel loved. And sending you so many hugs and much love. Hope you are having a wonderful week. And you are a very generous tipper too and I am sure it is much appreciated. Love you too girlie Kate the Great.

What a lovely snow day yesterday was. Greg worked from home and we got to go out and play in the snow. One of our first months together we did that and it brought back those happy and fun memories. I couldn't get to work that day (it was definitely more of a snowstorm all those decades ago than yesterday was) as there was no car service or bus service going to the hospital where I was working at that time. So I called Greg and said hey want to come to Brooklyn and play hooky? And he did (the trains were running but there was no train going to the hospital I worked at). Anyway all that to say we took a snow day yesterday. One plus of winter. It was cold but nice.
east%20coast%20psers.gif

No clue if the beach house is safe from the leak however since the roofer was there Monday and did some work but it seems as if it is trial and error so no idea what is going on there but I am not going to worry about it. Nope. I have enough to worry about.

Snowy Brooklyn scene from yesterday. I got to use my Canadian red snow boots with the ice picks activated and they are grand. LOVE these boots and again a big thank you to @canuk-gal for my fun red boots.
Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 6.50.13 AM.png

Thank you all for your lovely good wishes for our dear Francesca. I hope the aero chamber arrives tomorrow as this waiting for it and not knowing if it will help her is hard and hearing her cough is heartbreaking. She says thank you to all of her dear NIRDI aunties.

Have a wonderful Thursday girls! XO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL I forgot to share these photos of our bookstore kitty from yesterday's fun in the snow. We went into our favorite bookstore to warm up for a bit and haha he was sitting on the heat vent. Smart kitty.

Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 7.12.34 AM.png

He's looking at us as if to say stoopid hoomans going out in this freezing snowy weather. Harumphhh. I am staying nice and warm and cozy.
:lol:

A further perspective.

Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 7.14.37 AM.png

And two last photos. From our security cameras. Of the snowy beach yesterday.

Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 7.15.57 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 7.15.42 AM.png

Stay warm girls. Today I am going to be wearing shorts and short sleeves if I go outside it's going to be such a dramatic temp change.:cheeky:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Jimmianne Drawing is the one hole I didn't let myself fall into! (it came close - I was supposedly doing it right & got egged on to go for architecture; the dream lasted until the first drawing lessons - of a wonderful locker room vibe of safe but off-putting males of the same age of too young; why I remember? Because your mention & your shadow projection sketch - which is what was on the menu there; - and because I am again dealing with the same kind of brotherhood, working for a mercifully doomed startup). I am ranting, OK - which is to say: exactly what I cannot do writing my thesis.

@missy Too much adventure down here! (one mantra I keep sacred says: 'never talk of names or numbers'; of course I sin allot against it & keep my own record ,) - gotta tell the time & date sometimes!). I am happy to hear of your interest in tree lines - because this makes two of us! I always shoot some (and given that I keep just a dozen or so shots each year, oh how I wish I had backed up the tablet I have recently lost! - there were three years worth of highly personal shots... which I am now replacing, with some delight.) The last Sunday walk was no different (this came about - WWW & WWW), but, it is quite rare that I shoot anything I want to see enough to hang on a wall (it happens - I'd usually sketch after the picture(s) rather than print the shot, then the stuff gets trashed - there is always more where these come from!). I keep promising myself to do more of this shooting & drawing, and it does happen a few times a year (next weekend? - possibly, since the weather is good & my thesis is shapely enough to be out of my mind for a whole day now!).

Ps. YES to bookstores with cats! It ought to be a duty to keep a few - on account of innate ability to play the perfect anfitrion time & time again, much unlike any human bookstore keeper. I can't recall a single bookstore in this town - there must be, too small & too local for me to have noticed, obviously (everyone I know reads papers, with a few books that no one owns unless gifted for good $$$$ reason: I am not even kidding re four figures & each tome yields just a few quips .( ). BUT - all is not lost: WWW .)

(the above has not been edited; just laugh... & forgive)
-

Many thanks for every mention! NIRDI is a great motto - there is always something to clean up after, ain't it not so...

@Tekate: Yours is my hair style I never wish to change - except for colour: it hasn't bleached itself yet & there shall be indigo dye.

_

Btw.
Just noticed the beautiful hexagonal diamond PS brought up from the archives - it is not large & has the 'drop of water' look I would wish to sport.

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some good news. Greg and I just received our heart scan scores and we got the best possible score of 0. One of the few times I ever wanted to score a zero on a test.:lol:

zero.gif

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Bless your heart!

(just trying to sound corny, & to gather courage for a checkup - with a doc I am not likely to understand very well)

Ended the day with a long walk ... - worthy of becoming routine; the night is finally warm enough.

Good night everyone! (when appropriate)

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, great news about the heart scan scores! Love your red boots, so cheerful on a snowy and cold day. Your sunset picture is just gorgeous. What a great pic of Greg and the Brooklyn Bridge. And the the puppies are so cute. Love the kitty on the heater at the book store, I think every book store should have a kitty.

I'm continuing to think of Francesca and hoping the nebulizer arrives soon and helps your sweet kitty feel better.

@Calliecake, I hope you're enjoying your new phone! There's a part of me that wants you to get the car you truly love, the coupe...BUT I completely understand the need for a more practical car, and in the long run you will have more peace of mind knowing you have a car that will meet your needs and be the most convenient for you and your family. I'm really sorry your brother has to have surgery and therapy and I do hope everything goes smoothly for him.

@marcy, sounds like your constellation book was a hit! Your evening with friends sounds like fun and congrats to the girls for winning at Cribbage. Lasagna sounds so good to me right now lol. Wow, it definitely is cold in your neck of the woods, please be careful on the ice.

@canuk-gal, sorry for the cold weather, but glad to hear overall the winter hasn't been too bad. I hope you are figuring out ways to manage your stress and I really hope things get better for you soon.

@Tekate, your tunic is beautiful, I love the colors and I hope it shows up in time. How exciting to hear about Autumn's sonogram, not much longer now and how wonderful it will be to finally hold that precious baby. Your hair looks fanstastic! Such a lovely picture of your aunt, (((hugs))).

@Jimmianne, your drawings are absolutely amazing, you are so talented!

@av, your tree pictures are beautiful! I'm so sorry you lost many of your pictures but you will enjoy taking more. Sounds like you have made progress on your thesis so hopefully you can get to the shooting and drawing this weekend!

@Austina, so happy to hear work on the gates has finally started! You must be so relieved and glad to see things finally get under way. Hope you're feeling ok and taking care of yourself; you've been through a lot lately. (((Hugs)))

I had a great weekend with dd...ds came by as well and it so nice spending some time together. Doesn't happen that often now that they're older and so busy. She stayed until Tuesday since she had off from work. We did some shopping, including a trip to Costco and went to a few exercise classes together, which was fun...and both of us ended up being very sore lol.

Can't believe it's Friday tomorrow! Have a great day!

L

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s! I hope you are having a great day.

Jimmianne, oh no to being rudely woke up by a thunderstorm. I’d take that over a Wednesday in Wyoming. It was 9 degrees heading in to work and 8 degrees when I came home. We are getting snow but not much.

Missy, yay for getting great results on your heart tests. Sweet. I do recall you telling me about Greg’s 2 friends getting killed on motorcycles and that you were so relieved when Greg decided to give up riding them. I was very resistant to Marty ever having one; his best friend had a motorcycle and sure tried to get Marty to buy one but I kind of won that round. Sadly his best friend was killed in a plane crash. All so very tragic. Fun for you and Greg to go play in the snow; and you look fabulous in your red boots. Hoping the aero chamber arrives tomorrow and helps sweet Francesca. Too cute the book store kitty was warming up on a furnace vent. Pretty snow pictures of your beach house.

AV, I love having trees in photos; I am always seeing a tree and thinking “that would make a great shot”. We haven’t lived in this house long enough to have big trees though.

Junebug, I am glad you had a nice visit this weekend with both of your children. It gets so hard to get everyone together the older we get. I will be looking forward to next week when we finally get above freezing.

Not much exciting here. I did see snow coming straight down this morning - that is very unusual for Wyoming. It usually comes down horizontal. They were big flakes too.

I forgot to tell you Marty’s fun experience on Tuesday. His office is in the basement and not directly under our kitchen and dining room. He was on the phone and heard an explosion and then heard glass falling. He thought someone had broke a window so came running upstairs to find one of the light bulbs over our kitchen island had blown up and the fixture was smoking. Glass blew everywhere too. He went to Lowes and bought all new bulbs and threw out the rest of the bulbs like the one that blew up. Glad he was home when it happened.

Take care. Tomorrow is Friday. Sweet.
Marcy

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, Sending lots of good thoughts for Francesca. I know you are anxious to get the nebulizer. Hopefully once you get the new medicine in her system you will see an improvement and she will begin feeling better. Great news about the heart scans score being so good.

@junebug17, I’m glad you had a fun weekend with your DD and how nice that you had the extra day with her. It’s great when you can get everyone together. I still haven’t bought the new phone. We went to AT&T on Monday and it was packed so we just left. I still haven’t decided on a car. What I should get and what I want are very different cars.

@Austina , You are not wallowing. Losing people is beyond hard and it’s only natural that this would affect you. The reminders that ones life can change in a moment are jarring. It really makes us appreciate those we love and the lives we have. It sure puts everything in prospective.
None of us ever know what life will throw at us. I hope Shirley leans on her friends in the coming months. A circle of good friends can help you thru so much in life. @Jimmianne’s mom’s words ring true about pulling those we have in our lives closer.

@Tekate, You look beautiful! Are you getting ready for your trip? I can’t wait to hear your stories about your vacation and Cara’s shower. Kate, you make a trip to the grocery store sound exciting. You are so right about us being lucky to have great husbands.

@marcy, Glad to hear it will be warmer for you next week. This has been a very long winter. Be careful driving. These bitter cold temps and snow make black ice. Don’t get distracted by your diamonds while driving. Were you in the room when the light blew up?

@Jimmianne, Your art work is beautiful. Are you still painting too? Sorry you had a hard time sleeping last night with the thunderstorm. At least you don’t have to shovel rain.

@av, It’s good you were able to get a day away from work.

@Sandeek , I hope you are having a great week. Thank you for the job you do. I’m sure the children you teach love having you for their teacher. It has to be hard to know some children aren’t having the kind of life they deserve.

@canuk-gal , I hope things are going better for you. If they aren’t, please do something nice for yourself and take good care of yourself.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just popping by to say good morning to the lovely NIRDIS, I’m just about to dash out for my cut and colour, can’t believe 5 weeks have whizzed by already.

I’ll be back later looking more human, for a catch up :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results