carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those red boots rock.
Happy belated Valentines Day, and more importantly, Happy belated GALintines Day!
Which I had never heard of until NPR reporting yesterday.
Which brings me to the next thought. Has anyone wondered why there is not yet a Hallmark Moment for Happy NIRDIs Day? Missy, will you be the card designer with your great sentiments in poetry?

Austina, welcome home. Sounds like a doozy of a flight. Want to hear more about your trip.
When you recover.

Happy Friday, Marcy. Sounds like that boy is a pretty decent Valentine. I think you might consider keeping him. Sorry about your knees and hope as you work out they stop giving you trouble.

Hey Tekate, I’m with Austina. You are a spring chicken, a young grasshopper. Want to trade ages???:roll2:

PB, hearts to you too!

My visa came yesterday!!! I actually cried with relief, although I don’t know why I thought I would not get one, maybe because the interviewer, although kind, indicated she wished I had brought another five pounds of paperwork.

My dog is doing OK but I don’t know if I have the strength to keep him going without falling apart, as the surgery and recovery sound more long term, involved and stressful for the dog than I originally envisioned. I dont want him to be scared or in pain and I don’t think that can be avoided. At 8 or 9 years old I could perhaps see the wisdom of some suffering, but at age 15 I am not sure. Jury is still out on all this.

Wedding excitement is back on track! DD has her beautiful ring and just ordered her dress for the civil ceremony. Strapless gown with rose gold accents and a cropped white faux fur jacket. The gown for the church wedding is more formal with high neck and long sleeves. Watching Wedding Divas on Netflix recently has helped me put everything in perspective! Lol

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@Tekate @AV_ I am a big fan of sugar cookies. Yummm. You had me at sugar.:P2

@Tekate so glad the letter your aunt left you brings you much comfort. It was a very thoughtful thing for her to do. I hope the weather is warming up for you and that you had a lovely Valentine's day. 66 is young but I agree with you. Life is short. Live in the moment and enjoy each day to the fullest. Things can change in a moment but living the moment brings peace and joy. It's hard but I work on that every day. Thank you for your lovely comments and for reading my Valentine's Day poem to you lovely ladies. I mean every word.

@Jimmianne so pleased everything is going smoothly for the wedding. I must check out that Netflix show Wedding Divas haha. Have you ever watched Say Yes to the Dress? Sending you more good wedding wishes and hugs and please tell your DD she has a lot of ladies sending her good wishes and love. And I hope you had a good Galentine's Day. Haha I don't think anyone wants to read my poems anymore but a few of you gracious lovely NIRDIs but thank you for the lovely compliment. And I am right there with you re a NIRDI day but instead of a Hallmark moment we can keep it to the NIRDIs and homemade creativity. (((Hugs))).

@Austina glad you are doing well and happy to be home. Aww thank you for the kind words and so glad you stumbled upon this thread and us too. (((Hugs))).

@marcy thank you for enjoying the poem. How sweet of Marty to cook dinner and help with cleanup. He's a keeper but you know that already. And glad you enjoyed a bottle of Freak Show too. Sweet. I am glad you have a system set up not to miss any of the Snoopy specials. I could do that too come to think if it. Thanks for the idea.

@Sandeek I hope you enjoyed a lovely Valentine's Day and woohoo it's Friday.

@PierreBear hope you and your DH had a romantic Valentine's Day yesterday and that all is well with you. Hope work is going more smoothly. Have a lovely weekend.

@Scandinavian what are your weekend plans? More skiing? How are the fur babies doing?

@Calliecake hope your early VD celebration went well and that it wasn't too crowded.

@AV_ what is on your agenda for the weekend?

I had a great chat with my former colleague (she was actually the head supervisor there but retired in 2014 at the job I left at the same time when I broke my leg) and we already made plans to get together. I cannot believe she is 72 already. It's crazy how fast time goes and we were working together through our prime years. Anyway it was wonderful catching up with her.

My new boots arrived yesterday and I think they will be perfect for the black tie gala coming up. I ordered them Monday on a whim. Impulsive as I never heard of this brand before but liked the crush velvet look and thought maybe it would work for the black tie dress. And it feels comfy woohoo and Greg approves of the look so I am good. It has a 2 " block heel which for me is high but the boot feels comfy so I will wear it to the gala after I make sure it is comfortable and wear it for a while before the affair. And Greg now has less dress to hem if I am wearing a 2 " heel.:appl:I tried to capture the texture in the photo. Hope you can see it. Keep in mind the dress will be right above the floor so most of the boot won't be noticeable and it will only be noticeable in glimpses. Do you think it will work?

blacktieboots.jpeg.png

It's a super mild day here with rain predicted later. Hope you are staying warm and comfortable and have a wonderful Friday girls!!:wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry I forgot to answer @Austina about Fred. He is on day 4 of the Flagyl and so far so good. He doesn't like taking the med and it is a bit more challenging getting him to eat the Flagyl vs the steroid med which he also has to take but we have been able to coax him into eating it so far. We mash it up and keep adding treats to his wet food till he finishes it. He has to take it twice a day. If he has no more bouts with diarrhea or vomiting we can discontinue the med after another 2 days so fingers crossed. Thank you for asking.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy you will look very au current with those boots and your beautful dress! I love those boots btw.. I think they would look great on you with yoga pants too! very good choice! Glad you had a good chat with your former co-worker/friend, the internet of things has meant that we as people can chat with and meet up with new people and friends from waaay back.. that, to me, is the best thing about this communication.. while I liked to write letters, I always fell off after a time. Glad to read about Fred too Missy, flagyl is one of the antibiotics that I take on rotation for my osteomyelitis.. it's a funny drug, sometimes is makes me sick, sometimes it doesn't bother me. Hoping Fred quickly improves. Are you going to the shore? I might have missed that somewhere along the posts after I've come back. Always as always, thank you for your kind words that give me great solace about my Aunt Missy.. I miss her like I miss her excrutiatingly. Sucks. This weekend we have nothing planned as yet, making lasagne today for us and for a young couple down the street who 4 weeks ago had a baby girl! Oliva.. haven't seen the baby yet as they really recommend that old people stay away from newborns these days, but I am TDap covered and will visit today... Rain here now.. dreary.. Not sure if Chris has gotten an apartment yet, but now that Amazon has pulled out of the city maybe something in Long Island City! I stay out of his business as he has always felt like I was a helicopter mom! hah... xoxoxo have a super great weekend. Give Greg a hug for me.. Hope to see him in the new few months after Anne has the baby! and we come down to help Chris moved somwhere.. xo

@Austina I think we will eventually catch up in Atown just a matter of when.. you know, Kim sounds like a wonderful DIL Austina.. it makes ALL the difference I believe when it comes to son's. Hope you are getting some decent sleep girl!

@Jimmianne Hello! awesome news about the visa Jimmi! just awesome.. takes a load off of your mind I am sure. Jimmi.. I think I am young at times then I go to the grocery store and the 18yr olds speak to me like I have deafness or something.. (not yet but eventually, face it, I was a HUGE Zeppelin fan).. I dunno, maybe it's the white hair?? ha screw them I was cooler when I was 18. You are going to look awesome at the wedding, I look forward to pix! Sending you thoughtful vibes on your pup and decision Jimmi*.. it's so hard.. quality of their life vs the loss of your quality in life because they make our lives so much happier.. I stand with you.. xoxox

@canuk-gal sending buckets of good and happy vibes your way.. Happy Friday!

@AV_ you are well on your way to a finished Friday! have a super weekend AV.. xoxoxo (don't work, have fun!)

@junebug17 sending you love Junie! thinking of you.

@marcy what's up for you and DH this weekend? have a great one Marcy.. are you getting this rain we are getting here in Maine? hopefully it will melt snow!!!! xoxoxo Do you have Monday off?

@Calliecake Hi Callie girl.. have a good weekend and hope your weather is decent! xoxoxoxo

@PierreBear sending heaps of good and happy vibes your way PB!! xoxoxo

@Scandinavian you too are probably close to ending your Friday, have a supersonic weekend and ski hope the skiing and fun is great at your cabin this weekend xoxoxo!! :)

Love the Lades of the NIRDI.. truth.. Kate

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Tekate I sure am taking the weekend off. The sight of writing paper makes me ill. Then, it is getting up to 20°C each mid day: this is the last chance to see the mountain almonds at their best - as I was threatening to do some two weeks ago.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy How about the red boots with a gown ,)

I would.

Those or pumps.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy How about the red boots with a gown ,)

I would.

Those or pumps.

Haha well maybe if it’s icy that night but otherwise I’m lean towards the suede booties. I don’t wear pumps. I’m too klutzy. Knowing ones weaknesses is paramount to surviving lol.

Enjoy your weekend off. You deserve it. :appl:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Jimmianne I am sorry to hear of your dread of visas - you & I both! If I had to cross another border, it'll kill me. I could not bring myself to pick up a new passport; so be it...

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, your red boots look great! Your Valentine's day poem is so sweet and made it my day. So sorry to hear about poor Fred and hopefully the meds will do the trick and he'll be back to good health soon. Your rainbow picture is gorgeous. And lol to that meme about sharing a bed with a cat, it is SO true! I don't know how my 8 pound cat manages to take up all the room in the bed. And nice that your bathing suits fit, bring on the summer! I love your new boots and I think they'll look great with your dress.

@Jimmianne, great news about your visa! You must be so relieved and happy. Glad to hear wedding excitement is back on track, your dd's dresses sound beautiful. I'm sorry about the dilemma with your sweet dog. I didn't realize the cataract surgery would be that complicated and involved, and I can understand why you would think twice about it.

@Austina, your trip to Austin did seem too short! Sounds like you had a great time. Hope you and Colin are settling in and adjusting, it can take a few days to get back on track after a long trip.

@Tekate, I am so very sorry about the loss of your aunt. Such a sad time for you, sending lots of love and hugs. I'm glad the letter is giving you some comfort. So exciting that Cara is going every two weeks now, it's getting close! And yay to all your numbers being in the normal range, that's wonderful news.

@marcy, sorry your knees are giving you some grief and I hope you adjust to your new exercise routine soon. Your Valentine's Day dinner sounds delicious and I'm glad you had a nice night with Marty. And yay to him helping with the dishes.

@Calliecake, I hope you had a good week, and I hope you have a pleasant weekend.

@Scandinavian, it's great the children are feeling better, that is always a relief! Have a fabulous time in the mountains this weekend, how great to be getting away for a bit.

@PierreBear. I hope you spent a lovely Valentine's day with your sweet dh...have a wonderful weekend!

@av, I think it's great you are taking time off this weekend, you work hard and you deserve it! Enjoy the lovely weather and the mountains.

Thank you all for the good wishes for my family member...things are going well and I'll continue helping out for a while. DD is finally making it here this weekend and it will be nice spending some time with her.

Wishing everyone a great weekend! Xxx

Reactions: AV_

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is so easy to get behind here.

@missy, So glad the boots worked out well with your dress. Now you can look beautiful and be comfortable at the event. How is Fred feeling?
The cat in the bed meme is so true and also applies to little dogs. Your day before Valentines Day celebration sounds like the way to do it. We went out for a early dinner on Valentines Day. Our internet and cable were out most of the day Wednesday and yesterday morning the DVR completely went out. I really should of listened to the cable guy who told us a few years ago that it wasn’t going to last much longer LOL. DH has set up a free trial of streaming so we are giving it a try. it really isn’t difficult to use and I will have Netflix. My nieces gave me a list of things I need to see. I was relived to know I can still see all the episodes that were stored on the DVR. Sorry for my rambling but I know you feel the same way about having the internet and cable not working. Tomorrow I’m finally getting a new phone.

@Tekate , The past two weeks had to be very hard for you. I’m sorry Kate. I hope the letter your aunt left brings you comfort. Any news on Chris finding an apartment? Are you getting excited about Cara’s shower? Not much longer and Autumn will be here. We had such a great time at my niece’s shower. We all need to live in the moment. You are not old!!! It’s funny, I don’t feel old until I look in the mirror!

@junebug17 , Sending dust to your family member and am glad things are going well with you. Have a great time with your DD this weekend.

@Austina , The noise cancelling head phones are wonderful for getting some sleep on the plane. Are you planning your next trip?

@Jimmianne, Congratulations on getting your visa!!! Now you can relax and get ready for the wedding. It’s such a happy time for your daughter. You aren’t the only one who loves Led Zeppelin.

@marcy , Your dinner sounded delicious and even better because Marty helped with the dishes.

@Scandinavian , It’s good to hear the children are feeling better. It sounds like you have a fun weekend planned. Will you be doing any skiing? Will friends be visiting?

Enjoy the mountains @av! Enjoy your break from work this weekend.

@Sandeek and @PierreBear , I hope you had a happy Valentine’s Day.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy Caturday Saturday! Meewowww as HRH likes to purrrr.

@junebug17 thank you. Fred is doing OK thank you for asking. Today will be the last day of Flagyl if he remains stable. LOL yes isn't that funny how an 8lb Zoe can feel like she is hogging the whole bed. Francesca just leans into me and stretches and leaves me with very little room too. If Greg did that I would not be so ok with it but somehow I let Francesca get away with it. :lol:

So happy for you that your DD is visiting this weekend. I hope you have a wonderful time with her!
And I am glad things are going as well as they can with your family member who is ill. Continued healing vibes being sent your way and keeping you all in my thoughts. Sending you (((hugs))). Have a happy weekend Junie.

@AV_ hope you are enjoying your mountain getaway as I am writing this and that your weather is cooperating and you are breathing fresh clean air. Hoping this weekend retreat breathes a new energy into you enabling you to feel renewed and energized and ready for anything. Have a wonderful weekend.

@Tekate what is on the agenda for you guys this weekend? Any news re Chris and a new apartment? Let me know if you want me to break out the classifieds and help in the search. I am pretty good with finding sweet homes. I just need to know his target area and his budget. Hope you and hubby are doing well and enjoying time together. I don't remember what you did for Valentine's day but hope it was a romantic day filled with sweetness for you both.

@Calliecake oh no yes I feel your pain re internet and cable but glad you now have Netflix and streaming shows. That might be all you need. It's very frustrating when technology doesn't work well. Glad you got to enjoy Valentine's Day with your dh even if it was on the day. Most people do celebrate on the day but I have always been weird like that. I don't even celebrate our birthdays or our anniversaries on the day (as you know) if it is a work day for Greg. Thanks for asking about Fred. He is doing so far OK knock wood. Hope your sweet pup and your mom and stepdad's new pup is doing well too.

Yay for getting a new phone today. Is it an iPhone? What color? What size? I am excited for you (living vicariously through you with this purchase as it's been long time since I got a new phone) and hope the new phone works out well.

@Sandeek happy weekend. Hope you have some fun activities planned. (((Hugs))) and continued healing vibes. XO.

@Jimmianne hi there sweet Jimmianne...thinking of you and sending warm hugs your way. And hope sweet pup is continuing to do well on the Senilife. I am keeping him in my thoughts. As I am you and your DD.

@Austina hope you are enjoying a nice weekend and that Dottie is happy to have her mommy and daddy back home with her.

A special shout out to @rainwood hope the snow has cleared and @CJ2008 looking forward to catching up.

@PierreBear hope you had a good Valentine's Day with your dh.

@canuk-gal hope winter is lessening her grip on everyone and that your weather is calm and everyone is doing well by you.

@marcy did you have astronomy club last night? What's new in the galaxy? How are you feeling? Hoping your aches and pains have lessened considerably and you are looking forward to the weekend.

Hello @Scandinavian hope you are having fun this weekend.

Have a wonderful Saturday girls! (((Hugs))).:wavey:
Leaving you with a beautiful sunset.

sunsetfebruary2019.jpg.png

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy Of course I am at the library (they do close tomorrow afternoon & Monday - and I have banned writing devices from the house, no kidding)

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I used to have a pr of black velvet short boots too @missy :) They we’re so comfortable and I wore them so much, I wore them out. Good choice to wear to the black tie event :clap: Glad Fred is doing better, that must be a big relief for you. How great you had a good catch up with your former colleague, and will be meeting up soon. Isn’t it funny how there are just some people you can go years without seeing, and then just pick up where you left off?

:dance: To the visa @Jimmianne and that the excitement over your DDs wedding is on the rise again. I’m sorry about your little doggie, I know you’ll know if it’s time. It’s too easy to put our desire for keeping them going, over their desire to let go, so don’t beat yourself up if you think he’s had enough. {hugs} it’s always the worst part of having them.

Hi @Calliecake we’ve got our plans sorted until April of 2020. We head back to Tx for my (huge :eek2:) birthday in June, then in November, back again before heading to LA to pick up a cruise along the West Coast, then next March on a cruise with friends, their belated honeymoon, then next April, the wedding! No date yet, but Adam is under instructions to get it booked, because, we’ll be waiting to get our visa application in. :D

Glad to hear things are going well @junebug17 and that you’ll get to spend time with DD this weekend.

Enjoy a writing free weekend @AV_ 20 degs is a really pleasant temperature to be enjoying the great outdoors.

Hey @Tekate, I’m doing everything I can, not to be a monster-in-law, which is pretty easy with Kim, she’s a sweet girl, and a very good match for Adam. Hope Chris is finding his feet in the big city, and you know, I worry a lot less about Adam now he’s far away, than I did when he lived here. I’m sleeping ok, (no worse than my usual sleep pattern) I usually feel more jetlagged flying West than I do flying East, which seems to be the opposite of most people. Colin would say that’s because I’m so contrary :lol:

Hi @marcy I hope you’re not feeling too creaky and the slave driver hasn’t been pushing you too hard ;)2 It’s great that you’re doing some weight training, it’s good for us women to do weight bearing exercise, no matter how torturous.

Have fun in the snow @Scandinavian.

I’ve managed to get all our linen clothes washed and ironed, I do it when they’re wet, so much easier than trying to iron dry, wrinkled linen. That’s me all caught up now, so the rest of the weekend will be spent relaxing, and catching up on some of our recorded shows. Lots of them failed to record while we were away, it said failed due to power cut, but I don’t think that can be true, as all the oven clocks and light timers were fine, so not sure what went wrong. Anyway, thankfully we have a catch up facility, so I’ve downloaded any missed episodes.

We took Dottie for a bath and brush up today, she came home a bit stinky! She lovely and clean now, and definitely more fragrant - in a good way :lol:

Have a great weekend my lovelies :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Jimmianne, good idea for the NIRDI’s being a Hallmark holiday. Good deal your VISA arrived, I totally understand being emotional when you finally wrap up something that stressful and emotional. i am so sorry to hear about your dog; such a tough decision for you. Lots of hugs to you and your sweet fur baby. Nice that the wedding excitement is back on; the dresses sound lovely.

Missy, I sure find it handy to record all the prime time shows on the networks; mostly if I miss specials I can catch up on them later. That is great you and your colleague had such a nice time catching up with each other. Great find on the boots; they look very classy and dressy but would look wonderful with jeans. You’ll be the best dressed lady at the gala. Are you going to wear one of your new wigs too? That’s good Fred is doing well with the meds. We did have our astronomy club meeting last night. Someone did a program on Bad Science in the Movies. It was a fun program. Absolutely gorgeous sunset photo.

Kate, mm lasagna. We are having company for dinner on Tuesday and that is what I decided we should make. Clever way for me to sneak carbs and pasta in to our menu. Ha Ha. We are between snow storms right now. Denver is getting snow today though. That’s nice your rain will melt your snow; all rain does here is make glaciers. I don’t have Monday off; sadly my next holiday is Memorial Day. We have an uneventful weekend planned at Chez M&M.

AV, nice you are taking the weekend off. Well deserved.

Junebug, too funny how much room Zoe can take up in a bed. Cats do love to spread out. When we had a queen sized bed I’d get up in the middle of the night then try to get back in bed and Marty was stretched out diagonal across the bed so I got to wedge myself back in to the space left behind. I am glad to hear your family member is going well. Enjoy DD’s visit this weekend.

Callie, rats that your internet and cable weren’t working. At least you can still watch what is on your DVR. it always seems like our receiver goes out when I have lots of things recorded I want to watch. I am glad you had a great time at your niece’s shower. Enjoy your new phone. What did you get?

Austina, your dance card is very full for the next few years and all of it sounds pretty fun and exciting. Glad to hear you aren’t suffering from bad jet lag. I don’t remember which direction messed Marty up the most. Great idea to iron your linen clothes when wet; I love linen but since I don’t iron I currently don’t own anything made from linen. When i had linen tops and jackets they all went to the dry cleaner. That is kind of strange about your shows not recording. Even if the power was lost it shouldn’t impact your timers. It sounds like your set top box did a complete reset but then none of your recordings would be there. I hate when that happens and you miss a program.

Not much going on new and different here. We had our astronomy meeting last night. I took 10 of my constellation / astronomy books with me and didn’t bring one home. I didn’t think the more advanced people would want one but they did.
After the meeting some of us went out for a late supper.
This morning Marty lifted and I’ve been working on laundry today. I made myself a piece of french toast for breakfast and we went out for lunch. I just started the movie King of Thieves so I think popcorn isn’t far behind.
Marty is in the man cave working on his lifting stuff.
I really jammed / twisted my bad knee last night. It is better today but I passed on lifting this morning and will try it tomorrow.
We need to pick up groceries but maybe Marty will take care of that himself.

Take care.
Marcy

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

We’ve woken to the very sad news that our friend Bob died suddenly on Wednesday evening. Poor Shirley is so distraught, she couldn’t even remember if she’d told me already. :(2 This is the couple we met in 1992 on a flight from DFW, and who we visit when we’re in Tx. He had major surgery several years ago for cancer, which left him diabetic. He’d been managing it very well (thanks to Shirely), but had such a severe low on Wednesday evening, that despite being rushed to hospital, he couldn’t be revived.

We’ve recently made plans with them to visit us in May. Everything was booked, and we’d been discussing where we’d visit when they were here.

It’s just so shocking, and another stark reminder that life is very fleeting, and we should live every day to the full. I hope when she’s ready to talk, that she’ll come and stay with us for a while.

Sorry to be such a downer today, just feeling so sad and shocked. o_O

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Austina, i am so sorry. What shocking news.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s just so shocking, and another stark reminder that life is very fleeting, and we should live every day to the full. I hope when she’s ready to talk, that she’ll come and stay with us for a while.

Oh my gosh, I am so so sorry @Austina. Sending you gentle (((hugs))). Losing one's friend at too young an age is a tragedy impossible to reconcile. All my condolences to you, your dh and your friend Shirley and her family.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Of course I am at the library (they do close tomorrow afternoon & Monday - and I have banned writing devices from the house, no kidding)

Enjoy the rest of the weekend and if banning writing devices from the house works then more power to you. Knowing what we need to do to relax and enjoy and live in the moment is most of the battle. And I am glad the library is closed this afternoon and Monday. You deserve a nice relaxing couple of days whatever you decide to do.

I used to have a pr of black velvet short boots too @missy :) They we’re so comfortable and I wore them so much, I wore them out. Good choice to wear to the black tie event :clap: Glad Fred is doing better, that must be a big relief for you. How great you had a good catch up with your former colleague, and will be meeting up soon. Isn’t it funny how there are just some people you can go years without seeing, and then just pick up where you left off?

Thank you Austina. That is so true and in fact both B and I said the same thing during our chat. We picked up just as if we were regularly chatting every day despite it being a couple of years. She has kids and grandkids and she was pretty busy after JK's death because she had been helping care for him and then when he died she went to stay with her kids for a while. She is back and stronger than ever and I am glad she reached out and we reconnected. Life is all about meaningful connections IMO and it makes life that much sweeter.

Glad you got all your linens washed and ironed and everything you needed accomplished done. Being away can sometimes make it challenging to catch up. Sorry about some of your programs not recording. I hate it when that happens but there's always streaming shows and Netflix etc. It's amazing how many more channels there are today than a few decades ago. Mind boggling really.

Missy, I sure find it handy to record all the prime time shows on the networks; mostly if I miss specials I can catch up on them later. That is great you and your colleague had such a nice time catching up with each other. Great find on the boots; they look very classy and dressy but would look wonderful with jeans. You’ll be the best dressed lady at the gala. Are you going to wear one of your new wigs too? That’s good Fred is doing well with the meds. We did have our astronomy club meeting last night. Someone did a program on Bad Science in the Movies. It was a fun program. Absolutely gorgeous sunset photo.

Thanks Marcy. LOL I dont think I will be the best dressed but I just don't want to embarrass Greg in any way.:lol: Glad you enjoyed the astronomy program Friday. It does sound like fun. Bad Science in the Movies. I would have liked to have been there.

Oh no about jamming your knee badly the other night. Sending you healing hugs and hoping today it is feeling much better. Smart idea to take it easy till it feels all better. Yes let Marty get the groceries. Take it easy today and have a good Sunday.

@Sandeek hope you are having a fun weekend. It was pretty nice here yesterday and hope your weather was nice too and you got to go outside and enjoy.

@Tekate hope you too are having a good weekend and that Chris is closer to finding a nice home.

Hello to everyone else. Happy Sunday.

We had a lovely day yesterday visiting the cat and dog rescues and just spending time outdoors. It was a perfect weather Saturday for February. Bright sunny and crisp. Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday.

Leaving you with the slogan of the dog rescue group. I LOVE this. So freaking much.

Screen Shot 2019-02-17 at 8.43.09 AM.png

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Austina, I am so sorry :( :( shocking deaths I completely understand. Shirley means meadow, it was my mom's name.. my heart aches for her and you guys.. I send you love and hugs galore Austina, for Shirley, I send peace I hope and dust for good memories. Thank you for telling us, I think it's always best to share good and bad news with those you know care, sharing the good with the bad is what friends are and what friends do for each other. Again, so sorry Austina.

Hello lovelies

We’ve woken to the very sad news that our friend Bob died suddenly on Wednesday evening. Poor Shirley is so distraught, she couldn’t even remember if she’d told me already. :(2 This is the couple we met in 1992 on a flight from DFW, and who we visit when we’re in Tx. He had major surgery several years ago for cancer, which left him diabetic. He’d been managing it very well (thanks to Shirely), but had such a severe low on Wednesday evening, that despite being rushed to hospital, he couldn’t be revived.

We’ve recently made plans with them to visit us in May. Everything was booked, and we’d been discussing where we’d visit when they were here.

Sorry to be such a downer today, just feeling so sad and shocked. o_O

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Hi Missy, happy Sunday, how are the feral kitties doing? Again do know that I love love love your boots.. I think it will look smashing with your dress. Friends are like family, you may not talk in years due to life etc, but you pick up right where you left off... to me that is true friendship. Glad you and your friend are chatting and having fun. Chris is havng a HARD time finding an apt. One place reeked of WEED lol he said.. I said maybe that was good? he's got a Bentonville mind with a NYC reality, he's not going to get much.. he could rent a house in AR for a studio price in a semi decent Brooklyn abode. :) I told him but dang if he thinks he's smarter than me.. So he was bummed out this week, said the job isn't that defined and he's not sure what the project is and that the bank is going thru changes, so I said look in Long Island City for Christ sake.. might get a deal.. he doesn't want to pay a REALTOR fee is the bottom line.. he wants to find an apt without that but as he's working it's hard to just leave and look etc.. he needs a realtor, 27 and sometimes I swear he acts 17. calling @Jimmianne my son is acting out like a kid! sigh. :) We are getting ready for the Dominican Republic and been in touch with my bestie who may or may not be in Austin when I am there, but I can use their house and their cars! yay.. she has NICE cars.. Missy, John first said when I mentioned you back much earlier, he said he didn't want me hanging out with people who had 3 carat diamonds! hahaha.. but he was kidding.... he said "Missy is a bad influence" and I said "NO JOHN! Missy is a good influence, she only buys the best!" he knows anyone who love diamonds is the best! Missy the day you EVER EVER EVER EVER embarrass Greg is the day the earth will stand still! he's just the tops and best guy ever.. we are all lucky if we have a spouse who loves us.. I know I am and I know you are! please pet Fred for me.. I love to pet cats they are so silky and they love it, when they love it.. hope he is feeling mucho better...

@Calliecake yes Callie it is soooo easy to get behind that I sort of give up and pick up when I come back, like when I went to my Aunt's.. we all do our best, it's a unique unique group and we should all make a pact that we hold no one beholding to knowing everything! Here's to that! Callie, thank you so so so very much for your words, you touched my heart and of course I teared up.. it's been hard, really hard and my aunt's S/O texts me every morning about how she is doing, breaks my heart, thank you Callie, thank you so much. EVERYONE has been super to me and I'm again if I don't sound like a broken record, so happy to have met you all, ((Callie)) thank you. And you will really enjoy Netflix, I personally get overwhelmed at times with all the stuff I want to watch!! enjoy!! Hooray for a new phone Callie!! I always love a new phone, we keep them for years.. pix! maybe? :)

@junebug17 Thank you very much June.. my aunt was unique.. I'm glad DD finally made it to you and you can spend time together AND I am glad to read your family member is doing well, all good juju this morning and it's nice to read.

@Austina thank you so much Austina, your words made me feel better, everyone has been so kind.. thank you sooooo much. Well I like your plans are set till 2020! I see you are a cruiser.. I've done the cruise down the Mexican Riveriera, it was beautiful, but I can say that it was 7 years ago on Royal Caribbean.. I really really liked Puerto Vallarta, I would vacation there for a week, it's soo enchanting, we had an awesome tour guide for that city.. and great tequila! :) you will be a wonderful MIL - like me !!! I am sure Cara loves me.. our son's could marry jerks so we are lucky. And you iron? girl I'm gonna live with you fer sLure ;-)

@marcy Gosh you and hubby are heroes, you work out! it's great.. I walk! usually 2x a day, best I can do.. take care of you knee, you don't want to get another one, altho I hear it's not THAT hard to recover. Hope I never know. hubster will need a new knee in a few years, he has no cartilage in one.. ugh.. have a great week Marcy... don't work hard.. have a good Presidents Day off Marcy! Marcy, lasagne is sooo much easier now that we can buy the no boil noodles, and I think the no boil taste better! it's pretty easier to whip up.. :)

@Jimmianne hope all is going well in your neck of the woods.. are you going to eventually live in France permantly? you may have said this b4 but at my age reading is not fundamental nor is retention! :)

@Scandinavian Hi Scandi! are you guys headed back home? hope you had a wonderful time at your cabin.. kids do much skiing?

@AV_ girl I yearn for your weather! hope you had a wonderful weekend..

@PierreBear @canuk-gal how's the weather? hope you girls are doing well! xoxo to you..

@Sandeek are you waiting for any new bling?? seems to me I thought that but one never knows at my age if it's memory or memorex and you did get your new bling.. ha! xoxo (got my meds my inflammation level continues to go down which is good).. (I guess any way) xo

here's to another week of maybe snow! snow on Tuesday, maybe.. xoxoxoxo to you all ladies.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina, I am so very sorry for this sudden loss, losing a friend at such an early age is very sad and such a shock. I'm sending lots of love and comfort to you. And Shirley, you, and Colin have my deepest sympathy, thinking of you all. (((Hugs)))

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you lovelies, it’s been a real shock, and I appreciate all your kind thoughts.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's! I hope you are all having a fabulous day.

Austina, I am so sorry to hear about your friend. How sad and definitely it is a reminder how quickly things can change in our life. Do they have family where they lived to be there for Shirley? I hope she still comes to visit you guys in May; it might be good for her then. My thoughts are with all of you.

Missy, I doubt Greg would ever be embarrassed of you; he adores you. The two of you are a very good looking couple. Really! I did go to the grocery store with Marty this morning and also lifted already. Yay for me. I absolutely love the Badass Animal Rescue sign; so true.

Kate, i hope Chris finds a nice place to live soon - it's hard to do errands and work at the same time. That is nice your aunt's SO is texting you; I am sure it helps both of you to keep in touch with each other. Sad and nice at the same time. Walking is so good for you. We have a walking path that runs by the back and south side of our house but almost any direction I can go requires up and downhill with tends to bother my knees. At our old house I could walk blocks and blocks on flat streets. Funny I was more in to exercise then than Marty and he wasn't interested in walking with me; now it's reversed. I am planning on holding on to my knees as long as I can because I am so allergic to most things. My sister had both knees replaced last year and she is doing great with them. I hope you DH's knee holds up for him a long time. Stay safe and warm from the snow.

Quiet day in Wyoming so far. It's cold and spitting snow. We went out for breakfast then went grocery shopping. I did my lifting a little while ago; Marty said I did good. :appl: I browned my hamburger for lasagna and will make the pan up tomorrow after work. Marty is grilling our lunch today and I'm making us a mixed fruit salad. I will brew up cookies after lunch.

i did take Advil and Aspercreme up my knee this morning but shopping and lifting didn't seem to flare it up. As the day goes by; I'll know more.

Off to work on my March article for the paper. :wavey:
Marcy

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Shout out to all NIRDIs!:wavey:

Missy those boots look great. Love the red!

Our weather has been cold and we have received some snow over the last few days. But all in all these are the only cold temps we've had all winter, so no complaints. Hopefully it will warm up to -1 this week. Fingers crossed.

Austina--sorry for the loss of your friend. Shocking and sad.
Tekate--hope you on the mend! And I hope your boy finds a great place to live soon. Moving and starting a new job...high on the stress list!
JA--I love your new baubles. You've got great taste? Ya'll prepared for the wedding?
JuneB and Marcy--hello girlies!
CallieC--I tried the new tuberose from Creed. Gorgeous but it didn't last. I thought I'd found a keeper.

Anyway, trying to sort myself out here and minimize the stresses I have been experiencing. Sh** happens unfortunately.

Keep well ladies and thank you for keeping me in your thoughts

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Sharon, I hope your temperature warms up. I hate to hear you are dealing with some stressful things; sending you mega PS dust to knock that stress out of your life. Take care of yourself. I will keep you in my thoughts.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Someone was obviously bored around here today:

Tucker was watching me when I woke up, a Killer Rabbit had a gun pointed at me when I got out of the shower and then Tucker ate some of my cookies when I wasn't looking.

upload_2019-2-17_16-8-14.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy President's Day.

Hi @junebug17 hope you enjoyed a good weekend with your DD and things are going well.

@Tekate give me the phone, I am calling John. OMG !!!!
Missy, John first said when I mentioned you back much earlier, he said he didn't want me hanging out with people who had 3 carat diamonds! hahaha.. but he was kidding.... he said "Missy is a bad influence" and I said "NO JOHN! Missy is a good influence, she only buys the best!" he knows anyone who love diamonds is the best!

I hope you are not just writing that because if John thinks I am a bad influence I am broken hearted...:( Plus I have big plans for you to get a big old 5 plus carat OEC. Shhhh don't tell John.:shhh:8):devil::bigsmile:
:lol:

please pet Fred for me.. I love to pet cats they are so silky and they love it, when they love it.. hope he is feeling mucho better...

Aww thank you I will!
And so many hugs back to you dear Kate the great.

Chris is havng a HARD time finding an apt. One place reeked of WEED lol he said.. I said maybe that was good? he's got a Bentonville mind with a NYC reality, he's not going to get much.. he could rent a house in AR for a studio price in a semi decent Brooklyn abode. :) I told him but dang if he thinks he's smarter than me.. So he was bummed out this week, said the job isn't that defined and he's not sure what the project is and that the bank is going thru changes, so I said look in Long Island City for Christ sake.. might get a deal.. he doesn't want to pay a REALTOR fee is the bottom line.. he wants to find an apt without that but as he's working it's hard to just leave and look etc.. he needs a realtor,

I agree probably a realtor is worth the extra money unless he gets super lucky. Sending Chris lots of home finding ***DUST***. I am keeping my ears and eyes open in case I hear of a sweet deal and will ask around about a sublet in our building too.

We are getting ready for the Dominican Republic and been in touch with my bestie who may or may not be in Austin when I am there, but I can use their house and their cars! yay.. she has NICE cars

Ooh so much fun! Yay! So glad you have this vacation to look forward to and I hope you have the most wonderful time.
And thank you for all your lovely comments and compliments. ((((HUGS)))).

Shout out to all NIRDIs!:wavey:

Missy those boots look great. Love the red!

Our weather has been cold and we have received some snow over the last few days. But all in all these are the only cold temps we've had all winter, so no complaints. Hopefully it will warm up to -1 this week. Fingers crossed.

Hi @canuk-gal so glad to see you and thank you for the boot compliments and for being the inspiration behind them too. I am going to wear them again today and looking foreward to it. They are fun. Your cold weather sounds not too bad especially given it hasn't been too cold a winter for you. But I am with you hoping it warms up here and by you this week. Fingers crossed. And sending you lots of dust for anything you need and for all the stress to be minimized and hope the rest of the winter goes smoothly. Sh** certainly does happen and hoping that whatever comes next is only an improvement. (((HUGS))).

@AV_ how was the rest of your weekend? Hope you had some fun.

@Austina thinking of you and your friend. Sending you gentle hugs.

@Sandeek hope you had a fun weekend and hope you are enjoying a week off this week. My nieces are off so I am hoping you are too.
Happy President's day week!

Quiet day in Wyoming so far. It's cold and spitting snow. We went out for breakfast then went grocery shopping. I did my lifting a little while ago; Marty said I did good. :appl: I browned my hamburger for lasagna and will make the pan up tomorrow after work. Marty is grilling our lunch today and I'm making us a mixed fruit salad. I will brew up cookies after lunch.

i did take Advil and Aspercreme up my knee this morning but shopping and lifting didn't seem to flare it up. As the day goes by; I'll know more.

Off to work on my March article for the paper. :wavey:

yay for getting to do lifting and getting a thumbs up from Mr Marty the expert and doing it all without discomfort. Glad the Aspercreme and Advil helped. Your food sounded yummy yesterday as do those cookies. Did someone say cookies?:lickout: I volunteer to be a taste tester for your baked goods any day Marcy. Hope your March article is coming along nicely.

We had a fun day yesterday. Went to Brooklyn Bridge park and then visited the animal rescues. Anyone up for some puppy photos?

Screen Shot 2019-02-18 at 9.29.50 AM.png

and leaving you with a lovely view of the park. It's so pretty here it really is.

Screen Shot 2019-02-18 at 9.30.50 AM.png

Have a wonderful Monday ladies and sending you hugs and good thoughts. XOXO.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy NIRDI! - imagine a forest of these www (my phone is clogged with pictures). I've spent half of Sunday discovering that only the darned bitterest almonds make scented flowers :shifty: Might this be my backyard :silenced: - certainly worth the trouble! A future neighbor is a great friend & quite the expert in all the relevant local details - some worthy of history books.

@Tekate Thinking out loud about renting... I can say that I have never taken much trouble to rent while holding a likely temporary position (& this has happened allot & in a few countries): I know I want to be close to work, pay little & have a good landlord; the last point comes first, perhaps...

will catch up

Last edited:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy No, John was kidding. He knows I love diamonds, he knows that since 1985, the PRICE of diamonds makes him a bit crazy in a good way, he recently said he wished he could buy me a 3 carat OEC, he's a wonderful guy, I tell him, I don't expect that I just love talking about it. He's happy that I have a friend for sure. Instant Karma and he's happy that PS and you guys make me happy, you know in the world of diamonds I used to be a loner till I found PS and you guys, it's like being with your best friends always, no one understands the love of light/color/flashes like another diamond lover, I found nirvana here.. John likes if I have nice rings and stones, and he likes that PS has taught me to buy the best at the best price.. You will like him! I'm sure. Aw Missy thanks, if you hear of anything available that would be wonderful, thanks for keeping your ear to the wall for us.. we are all so lucky here (and in TX and FL) to know you :love::love::love: the puppies are simply adorable Missy, I wish I had room and a life that I could adopt all the animals that need homes.. Thank you for doing what you do for these animals and Greg too! it's wonderful. <3 (a heart there I don't know how to make a heart here :) )

@canuk-gal Hi Sharon, I hope things are working okay for you.. stress times suck and I send you good thoughts to help you thru this stress. We had 2 inches of snow today, more due on Thursday, so I emphathize with girl. I'm here and we are all here for you.. xo

@AV_ lovely picture AV... and I do understand about the clogged phone, believe me! Hoping your having a great week as you are probably fast asleep now!! xo

@marcy life is so much better when your spouse is a person who has humor (as I married a schmuck the first time I can REALLY attest to this).. Marty has a great sense of humor AND your cookies looked awesome. So glad your knee felt a little better!

@Scandinavian Sending a hi and hope your weather is holding up!! xo

@Calliecake sending a hello! hola and a hug! xo

@junebug17 Hi June, hope the week goes well for you and your family member is improving! xo

@Jimmianne Hi Jimmie! what's on the agenda this week? when are you going back to France?
xo

@Austina Hi Austina, sending good sleeping vibes your way, hope your weather is going okay, and you have a busy next year+ don't you! Hope your friend is bearing up Austina, sudden, unexpected death is such a shock, when my sister died I don't think I really comprehended it for months, it felt like an out of body experience and a nightmare... hugs to you and your friend Austina, so sorry :( xo

Went to the movies today and out to lunch with my girlfriend from high school here in Maine, she wanted to eat at IHop, it sucked, badly, seriously it wasn't that it tasted horrible, it was blah.. I don't want blah food, my friend has to pinch pennies that is why we go there, I always offer to pay for her, but she won't take it, after lunch we went to CineMagic! I love the seats there... last time my friend fell asleep, this time we saw "Isn't it Romantic?" wit Rebel Wilson, it was better than I thought it would be, me and rom-coms don't do well, but this was somewhat of a parody of rom-coms, Rebel W is a mean singer. I guess I should watch these types of movies more, it does take one away from our situation here and in the world! that is what movies should do.. Snowed on and off all day.. No mail due to our holiday for Presidents, lots of kids at the movies to see the Lego something movie! it is always nice to see kids about. tunic.jpg

Just ordered this tunic top for the baby shower, I have pretty teal pants to go with it here.. MY DIL's favorite color is Teal. Tomorrow we grocery shop for food, cleaning service coming Friday! yay, there are 5 cleaners who come in and they are in and out in an hour, love that! Mike and Cara had a 4D sonogram of Autumn today, she has one inch of hair! it's weird you can actually see the umblical cord... her eyes were closed but she is cute as a button!

Here's to a good week for everyone and I send good thoughts, vibes and dust to everyone.

Kate

Attachments

• tunic.jpg
    tunic.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 21

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Off in a little bit as I am seeing David this AM but just wanted to say good morning.

@AV_ that is beautiful. My favorite trees are the bare trees of winter. They have always struck me as painfully beautiful and awe inspiring. Their starkness and fragility and haunting beauty. Your scented flowers sound lovely and I can almost smell them from here. And a good neighbor with interesting stories to share is a treasure. In fact, I find those who know and share stories from the past more informative and engaging than any history book could hope to be.

@Tekate haha I know John was joking. No worries.:P2 That tunic for the baby shower is bluetiful. Teal is one of my favorite colors (I love blues the music and the colors) and I would totally wear that too. You're going to look beautiful in the tunic with your coloring. Yay for the cleaning service coming Friday. I love that you have 5 and that they are in and out quickly. That is the hardest part for me having our person here for 6 plus hours.

Ooh a 4D sonogram of Autumn. How cool is that. And an inch of hair. OMG how wonderful. Did Cara experience any morning sickness? The old wives tale says that when the baby has a lot of hair the mom has morning sickness. I was born with a full head of hair (I was a very hairy baby) and my mom actually lost weight during the first 2 trimesters due to her morning sickness. Anyway I wonder if there is any truth to that old wives tale.

Sorry the IHOP food wasn't too good but glad you enjoyed being out with your friend. And that movie theater sounds nice too.
I will preface what I am about to write with the fact that I admire and love Steven Spielberg's work. But he pissed me off yesterday when I heard him say that the movie theater experience was heads above the home watching experience and then criticized viable and affordable alternatives. Spoken like someone who is out of touch with the general public and just doesn't get it. One who doesn't go to the movies with the "average" joe and who doesn't deal with the stickiness and chatter around him as we all do when going to the movie theaters. And the ticket prices are exorbitant. That of course doesn't affect him no because I am sure he goes to only private screenings with other stars and big wigs. Haha big wigs. :lol:

Anyway he pissed me off because he criticized Netflix and said Roma (an excellent movie and I recommend it if you haven't seen it) doesn't deserve to be nominated for an Oscar because it was released on Netflix before it was released to the movie theaters. I agree the movie theater experience when it is under ideal conditions is amazing. But personally where we live there are no longer such ideal conditions. Over 2 decades ago I used to go to the movies 3 times a week. Thursdays, Fridays and Saturday evenings. And I loved loved loved it. But more recently the noise and chatter and cell phone usage etc has dramatically affected the movie viewing experience not to mention the ticket cost which has gone haywire. So Netflix is a wonderful alternative especially if one has a family because going with 4 people will cost you over $100. Not everyone can afford that Mr Spielberg.

Sorry for the soapbox but he just annoyed me with his careless statement.

Missy, I wish I had room and a life that I could adopt all the animals that need homes.

Aww girl me too. Me too. It never feels like enough. Thank you for caring and for doing what you can and that is all one can do. (((HUGS))).

Hello @Sandeek hope you are doing well and enjoying a lovely week. XO.

Hope everyone else is having a good week too.:wavey:

Leaving you with a wise Snoopy and Charlie Brown snapshot. This is for you @marcy and for all the NIRDIs.

Screen Shot 2019-02-19 at 5.43.15 AM.png

:kiss:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results