carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@junebug17 how fun that both DD and DS visited at the same time and sweet that your DD stayed for a few days after the weekend. That speaks volumes that they want to visit. You are a much loved momma, wife, friend, sister.:kiss2: Yay for getting exercise classes in too. Thank you for your continued good wishes for Francesca. (((Hugs))).

@marcy TGIF. Sweet Friday. Got here quickly for me but perhaps it took a bit longer for you. Ooh to that blown bulb. That is not fun and lucky no one was hurt. Did I ever share the story with you when a glass fixture from the ceiling shattered? Greg was away on business and the light fixture in my exercise room went out. And we have 11 foot ceilings and it was right over the treadmill. Now I could have called the super or mainentance guys but no. I call Greg and say help me change this bulb. LOL Long story short I got the step stool and did everything Greg told me to do and successfully changed the bulb.:idea: BUT he left out an important step because less than a day later the light fixture fell and shattered because I had not locked it into place.:oops2: Yup, another Lucy moment :shock: and thankfully no one was in the room when it crashed. This is what happens when I try doing it myself.:ugeek: But I don't let that stop me and I keep on trying.:lol:

LOL to your unusual vertical snow. That must have been very pretty though horizontal snow can be pretty to when one is inside safe and warm and cozy. Thanks for all your lovely comments and good thoughts. XO

@AV_:lol-2: thank you. One part of me isn't falling apart yet thank goodness and fingers crossed the good news continues for all of us. :pray: Wonderful you enjoyed a nice long walk last night. What a perfect way to end the day. Glad your weather is cooperating and allowing you to take a thesis break. When the weather is nice here I just want to get out and enjoy it too. But here it is more rare to have good weather I think so one must take advantage of it when it happens. Or make do with the inclement weather and just brave the elements which yes I occasionally enjoy doing as well. I love small bookstores and try purchasing books from them vs the chains as to support local businesses. I miss the local bookstores that have closed and are out of business and we just have a couple of the mom and pop bookstores left in my neighborhood. :(2 Hope you enjoy a lovely Friday. (((Hugs))).

@Tekate how is your week going? Any weekend plans? Did Chris find a place yet? Hoping all is well by you. And sending you (((hugs))).

@Calliecake thank you. It is going to be a longer drawn out process than I initially even thought. More on that below. Hope you are still sleeping and having sweet dreams. Oh and I think you need a third fun car and that will solve all your problems. One for J, one for you and transporting everyone and one coupe just for fun. Think of me as the problem solver. Here for my NIRDIs anytime.:sun:

@Jimmianne when are you heading back to France? Thinking of you and hoping all the rest of the wedding planning is going smoothly and you are doing well. And getting through all that stuff you need to go through and clear out. Sending you good thoughts and (((hugs))).

@Sandeek hope you are feeling well. Keeping you in my thoughts and sending continued healing vibes your way. XOXO.

@Austina have fun getting your hair all prettied up.:kiss:

So the aero chamber arrived a day early woohoo. But I spoke with Debbie and we have to get Francesca used to it before administering the meds through it. Because if she freaks out we cannot forcefully apply the meds and we are out of options. So we watched some youtube videos last night and tried the tricks but she is having none of it. The key is to gently introduce her to the face mask so she doesn't fight it when we have to hold it over her nose and mouth. This is a cat we are talking about and if anyone knows cats they know this is no easy feat. I tried a few times yesterday and rubbed cat nip over it and she sniffed it but wouldn't allow me to put it over her mouth and nose yet. I put cat treats in it but same reaction. So today again we will try and one youtube video showed the woman trying these tricks for a full week before finally her kitty would allow it to go over her nose and mouth. And I have a feeling Francesca won't be as easy. But we are not going to rush into this and traumatize her because then we won't ever be able to nebulize her so slow and steady and I appreciate any and all good wishes for her. Cats are challenging and weird and wonderful animals. I love them but they are sure not easy. But then I guess most worthwhile things and people and animals all take work.

Have a wonderful Friday ladies.:wavey:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TGIF!!!
And here is to NOT having to shovel rain LOL

Good luck with kitty & machine :eek2:, Missy. Sounds tricky but I trust you to find a way.
Has anyone suggested smearing the mask with tuna oil and leaving it out for her when you are not around so she gets used to using it as a treat holder? Then eventually holding it so she has to come forward to you to get to it instread of you approaching her...like it’s her idea to put her face in???
I know next to nothing about cats.

Today is the day I take Mr.Monet to the eye doctor. Please send a little dust, dear NIRDIs.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending bucketloads of dust to you and Mr Monet @Jimmianne

fairy%20dust.gif
fairy%20dust.gif
fairy%20dust.gif

and thanks for the tuna oil tip. I will certainly keep that in mind. I just got back from smearing catnip all over it and had a mini session with francesca of her sniffing and licking the mask. It's going to be a long haul but am going to think positive thoughts.

Mr Monet ((((HUGS)))). Good luck at the doctor's.:pray:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, I definitely know how tricky it is to get cats to do things they don't want to do! You and Greg are doing everything right, hang in there. Jimmianne's idea might be worth a try. Sending you lots of love and support, I really feel you and Greg will figure this out! (((Hugs)))

@Jimmianne, I'm sending Mr. Monet tons of dust for today's visit, and keeping you in my thoughts. Xxx

@Calliecake, good luck with your car decision, I know it's a tough one!

@marcy, wow, Marty must have been pretty nervous about what he'd find when he went upstairs! Sorry that happened to him, such a weird thing.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I think men read recipes differently to us @marcy - they seem to think that every pan/dish is required, and copious amounts of mess are compulsory :twisted2: Yum to lasagne, especially with salad and garlic bread :lickout: Yikes to the exploding light bulb, thank goodness you didn’t get hit by glass shards. Boo to the cold, icy weather maintaining a stronghold there. We’re having unseasonably warm temperatures, it’s been really sunny since we got home. I believe it’s even been warmer here than in Austin.

Loving the new do @Tekate, looks like she’s done a really good job shaping up the back. Are you all set for your trip, it should be lovely and warm in the DR, you’re going to be quite the jet setter. Hopefully by the end of next week, the gates will be done and I will post a photo. They’re going to sync the gate fob with the garage door, (involves putting a new receiver on the door motor) so no more fiddling when I get back. Shirley is quite the Anglophile, so her name is very appropriate.

How great that both DD & DS showed up at the weekend, must’ve been fun spending time with them @junebug17 and what a bonus DD was able to stay an extra day. I hope your relative is doing well.

Having a good stroll on a warm evening is the perfect way to end the day @AV_ Here’s to lots of warm evenings.

Ugh to thunderstorms waking you up @Jimmianne. Hope the vet appt went well, and you had some positive news for your little boy.

I wanted a Porsche Boxster a while back @Calliecake but realised that only a limbless torso would fit in the back, so had to get something slightly more practical. I still got complaints that my convertible was too low to get in and out of from my parents. Of course, now I have a practical dog mobile :lol: It’s fun looking, and hopefully you’ll find something that’ll fulfil all your needs.

Wow, love the snowy photos @missy and :dance: for the heart scores, what great news. Sweet that you’re getting use out of your new boots, they really brighten a snowy day. How awful that 2 young men lost their lives to motorbike accidents, we were very relieved that Adam never wanted one.

Sounds like you’re going to be in for fun times getting Francesca used to the nebuliser. Jimmianne’s idea of some pungent fish oil sounds like it could do the trick. Slowly, slowly catchy monkey!

Definitely looking and feeling more human now I no longer look like Pepe Le Pew!

Thank you all for your continued good wishes, poor Shirley is feeling guilty she couldn’t revive Bob, I’m sure nothing more could’ve possibly been done.

Big wave to all the NIRDIs, have a lovely weekend. :wavey:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I think men read recipes differently to us @marcy - they seem to think that every pan/dish is required, and copious amounts of mess are compulsory :twisted2: Yum to lasagne, especially with salad and garlic bread :lickout: Yikes to the exploding light bulb, thank goodness you didn’t get hit by glass shards. Boo to the cold, icy weather maintaining a stronghold there. We’re having unseasonably warm temperatures, it’s been really sunny since we got home. I believe it’s even been warmer here than in Austin.

Loving the new do @Tekate, looks like she’s done a really good job shaping up the back. Are you all set for your trip, it should be lovely and warm in the DR, you’re going to be quite the jet setter. Hopefully by the end of next week, the gates will be done and I will post a photo. They’re going to sync the gate fob with the garage door, (involves putting a new receiver on the door motor) so no more fiddling when I get back. Shirley is quite the Anglophile, so her name is very appropriate.

How great that both DD & DS showed up at the weekend, must’ve been fun spending time with them @junebug17 and what a bonus DD was able to stay an extra day. I hope your relative is doing well.

Having a good stroll on a warm evening is the perfect way to end the day @AV_ Here’s to lots of warm evenings.

Ugh to thunderstorms waking you up @Jimmianne. Hope the vet appt went well, and you had some positive news for your little boy.

I wanted a Porsche Boxster a while back @Calliecake but realised that only a limbless torso would fit in the back, so had to get something slightly more practical. I still got complaints that my convertible was too low to get in and out of from my parents. Of course, now I have a practical dog mobile :lol: It’s fun looking, and hopefully you’ll find something that’ll fulfil all your needs.

Wow, love the snowy photos @missy and :dance: for the heart scores, what great news. Sweet that you’re getting use out of your new boots, they really brighten a snowy day. How awful that 2 young men lost their lives to motorbike accidents, we were very relieved that Adam never wanted one.

Sounds like you’re going to be in for fun times getting Francesca used to the nebuliser. Jimmianne’s idea of some pungent fish oil sounds like it could do the trick. Slowly, slowly catchy monkey!

Definitely looking and feeling more human now I no longer look like Pepe Le Pew!

Thank you all for your continued good wishes, poor Shirley is feeling guilty she couldn’t revive Bob, I’m sure nothing more could’ve possibly been done.

Big wave to all the NIRDIs, have a lovely weekend. :wavey:

Austina, I had not caught the part where you were looking like Pepe LaPew, but glad that is no longer the case!

Poor Shirley. There is always hindsight after a death. My Mom drove my Dad to the doctor instead of calling an ambulance and he died on the way. I think. I could never bring myself to ask about the details.
In my community there is grief counseling and a grief group run by hospice, and it can be really helpful. Such a complicated thing to navigate. Ugh. Part of life, but UGH how it changes everything.

Good news on the doggie front here. We just got back from the vet and Mr.Monet’s surgery is in March. They said he is a good candidate and they have a 95% success rate. He will be able to see as soon as he wakes up from surgery. It seems like a miracle. Then he has a slew of follow ups and I will be in town for the first two. Then...well, this is as far as I have gotten today, but I am very excited for Mr.Monet.

Some of you might remember how I love to hunt for bling when stressed???
Came home to find I had won an auction for a Tiffany brooch. I had been looking for a flower to pin on my coat for the wedding and impulsively offered a low ball bid, which was still a lot...hmmmm... Whoops. LOL but I like it & it ticked off most of the boxes, so there you have it. Rather WE have it. Congratulations, NIRDIs, on more bling.:appl:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Jimmianne, I cannot tell you how happy I am to read the good news about Mr. Monet's surgery! You made my night :appl: It truly is a miracle, I am just thrilled for him and you! And woo-hoo to new bling, a Tiffany brooch sounds wonderful!

@Austina, my heart goes out to your friend Shirley. Losing a spouse is such a life-altering event and just so difficult on so many levels. I wish her comfort and strength as she makes her way through this hard journey.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Wonderful news GREAT news (not that I expected anything but btw) on your and Greg's scans.. one you can just file for years now! so glad.. eeek on your bulb story Missy, 11 feet ceilings are HIGH! I'm not surprised that Francesca will have to get used to the device, cats are felines! and hate things on their faces and they let you know it. Nothing planned this weekend, making a pizza tomorrow night for us.. maybe Netflix, something scary? nah John hates scary.. Chris and his apartment hunting, he was supposed to look at one today, he's concentrating on LI City now, I think that is a good idea. thank you for asking ((MISSY))).. Thank you for mentioning my hair ... I like this new stylist! xoxox

@Austina gonna be looking for a pix of your cut and colour! (as you guys say :) )

I'm sorry Shirley feels bad about not reviving her husband, I think it's normal to feel all these feelings of "could've should've would've" after someone you love very much dies.. :(

I love your Pepe LePew comment, I shared that vision until I let it all grow, still not sure if I like it.. I know what you mean about men and recipes.. my husband makes a pasta dish we both love and it started to stick tonight and I said "John it needs more olive oil!" he said "No the recipe only says 2 Tablespoons" sheesh! men.

Thank you Austina about my hair, I think think she did a great job on the back too!

@junebug17 Hi Junie! thank you so much for your kind words about my aunt. She was special.. So nice you saw both of your kids! that would make my month.. year even.. love seeing my kids.

@Jimmianne can you mow yet? winter t-storms can be really loud if I remember correctly.

New bling! Tiffany brooch??? can't wait to see it.. I love your taste in jewelry!

Glad the surgery for Mr Monet is scheduled for March Jimmi!

Bling it on Jimmi! you are worth it... and I vicariously live thru you!!!!!

@marcy I am so sorry for Marty losing so many friends to accidents.. plane accident must have really been a shake up.. I wonder why the danged bulb blew up? Maybe a faulty bulb!

@Calliecake Ha! thank you sweetie! I can make a trip to the grocery store funny I'm sure, because who the hell really wants to to go the grocery store! Altho we can all order online now and pick up our groceries, but it's too hard for me ;-) !

So no new phone yet and no decision on a car! so much to look forward to.. My son just got the Google Pixel phone and he's over the moon in love with his phone (I would prefer a girl if he would PLEASE!) :) we are starting the: what kind of car should we get when ours dies, it just hit 100K miles but I would love to keep it for 5 more years, but the future holds more drives from the NE to Austin so I would sooner rather than later..

Last May my husband and I visited friends who own a house near Jackson.. I loved her home, her views of the tetons and her life :) she has a home in Austin too which is to die for gorgeous, she and I and our husbands love to get together once or 2x a year, Wyoming is what I consider, Free, free of a lot of traffic and free to feel open! I am getting ready for my trip and the shower, I am READY! I think.. xoxoxo

@AV_ sounds like your weather is getting warmer AV.. a huge GREAT! I'm ready for spring.. hope you have a wonderful weekend AV!

NIRDI's love you all and everyone have a great Friday night thru Sunday!

Kate

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @junebug17 , @Tekate , @AV_ , @Jimmianne , @Calliecake, @Austina , @marcy and everyone else who reached out to me about francesca. We are still working on getting her used to the mask. In the meantime my eczema (inner palms and wrists...never had it there before) is flaring awfully and the Eucrisa is not helping. It always is something isn't it. If anyone knows what the constant itching is like you feel my pain. It is driving me up the wall but I am focusing on not thinking about it. Just mentioning it here to get the bad itching vibes out there and dissipated.

@junebug17 hope you and your family enjoy a lovely weekend.

@Tekate fingers crossed Chris finds a beautiful home in Long Island City. One of my favorite seafood restaurants used to be located there and we would go there for every one of my birthdays since I loved it so much. I doubt they are there anymore but it is a nice place to live from what I understand. I have not been there for decades so am unfamiliar with what is going on there now. Lots of dust to Chris.

Netflix and a scary movie and pizza sounds like the purrrrfect weekend plan Kate. I LOVE good scary movies. I will go into my thinking mode after and see if I can recommend some good scary movies for you and your dh to enjoy.

@AV_ hope the warm up is continuing and you are enjoying a lovely lazy luscious weekend.

@Austina sweet you got a beautiful haircut...may I second @Tekate 's request for a photo? I am living vicariously through you and the other NIRDIs for hair and bling:cool2: I love the Porsche Boxster too and in fact right after the MG it is one of my favorites. Remember my wishful license plate? OMGMG or MGOMG.:lol:

@Jimmianne yasssss so glad it went well with Mr Monet!!! I am jumping up and down with joy for you and him and so so happy with this positive update. I will be sending continued good thoughts and healing vibes his way. XO.
Photos of the Tiffany brooch pretty please? And yes to new beautiful bling. We all deserve it.:whistle: Thanks for sharing.:appl:

@Calliecake how is your sweet pup this morning honey? Hoping she is OK.

@Scandinavian beautiful photo. Love the virgin snow so white so pure so fresh so powdery...enjoy.

@Sandeek honey sending so much love and healing vibes and hugs your way. From me and Greg and all my furry babies. Francesca, Fred, Bobby and Tommy. ((((Hugs))).

Speaking of Tommy when we got home from our afternoon Friday walk (another beautiful day yesterday was so we took advantage of it) I tried on one of my alternative hair units and Tommy came to investigate. He loves to investigate anything I do. He is one astute kitty and knows when soemthing is out of the ordinary. He's a smart tiger.

Haha we all blend in here.

Screen Shot 2019-02-23 at 8.29.29 AM.png

OK that brings me to Caturday Saturday.... wishing all you lovely ladies a super Caturday Saturday and sending purrs and love your way.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

It’s a beautiful day here, bright sunshine and unseasonably mild.

:dance: @Jimmianne I love it when ‘we’ get new bling. I can’t wait to see your latest acquisition. What great news about Mr Monet, I know it’s scary for you, but the vet must be very confident of the outcome to schedule the surgery.

:lickout: Pizza and a film, just perfect @Tekate. I took some photos, but the sun was so bright, it’s affected the pix.

Here you go
228DB5C8-EA6F-4C6B-B764-CE4213D8B58D.jpeg 21204756-A59C-4D0D-B1DE-2450464CEAAA.jpeg

Look at all that snow @Scandinavian , hope you’re having a fun weekend.

:love: That’s one cute kitty @missy, you’re the purrfect pair :D Glad you’re enjoying the good weather, it feels good to be outside doesn’t it? Ugh to the eczema, I feel your pain, when my face literally blew up with it, it was horribly itchy, and so hard not to scratch. I was prescribed Efcortelan 1% ointment, which I really didn’t like using, but it was the only thing that worked. Hope you can get some relief from it soon.

Thanks @junebug17 Shirley is totally bereft, I keep reminding her that she doesn’t need to put on a brave face for anyone, no one expects her to be ok, her whole world has been turned upside down. Grief takes as long as it takes, and there’ll never be a time when she won’t miss him terribly.

I was going through my email box, deleting old emails, and I came across a couple from Bob, saying how much they were looking forward to our visit in September, and that they had lots of tea and cake for us :D When we got home, he emailed to say that he’d got the 2 Jesse Stone movies he was missing, and we could watch them on our next visit.

We have friends coming over tonight, we’re going to get a take away, neither of us felt like cooking, and we have the better restaurants here :D

Have a great weekend NIRDIS :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina beautiful hair on a gorgeous woman. :kiss2:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Austina, you look lovely! Hopefully someday I will see you in person.

Happy Caturday to the PSer whose kitty and hair coordinate. Brilliant!

I just booked my tickets. Six months in France as an experiment in living there. Hard to believe it has progressed to this in few short years.
My young friends who live on the farm just found out they are pregnant with their first baby. They will live in my house while I am in France and while we add on to the studio to give them more room, or else I will trade houses with them. Anyone know how to fit 2500sqft into 550 sqft? It seems that life keeps changing and moving, although I seem to recall a time when it was less like a rollarcoaster. LOL
I will post my brooch for the wedding. I searched for « Tiffany » »gold » »flower » and then found something with a strong design rather than a delicate piece, and something midcentury. I wanted to be able to wear it any old time, so, low key and no diamonds were part of the criteria. I saw a couple of Schlumberger’s that I swooned over, but I am a person, not a museum ...or the queen of England! Maybe someday! I mean a Schulmberger piece, not becoming the queen : ) :lol-2:
19463427-F5DB-493B-B454-930496B23BCC.jpeg

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @missy and @jimmiane , you’re too kind :oops:

:love: Wowsers @Jimmianne that’s absolutely lovely, it’s so beautifully made. Anytime you want to visit, you’ll be more than welcome :D.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Happy Caturday to you! I love your hair in your picture, that is a great look for you and Tommy is perfect.. I love the name Tommy.. Missy, eczema, a bane I say a bane! John get's it horribly on his elbows, seriously people itch all night long and don't even know it. I get it under my knees, weird I know and along my lower legs, I didn't start with it till I was in my 60s! yeah redic I know. I send YOU healing vibes and love.. autoimmune issues stink. I'm going to put a pointer to Daisy's memorial I have here on the web, she was the sickest animal I have ever known but we all loved her, especially Michael and I. Daisy died of hemangiosarcoma, it was terrible. when we get together again, hopefully for a bit longer I have got to tell you about her, let me just say, she ate Baker's chocolate! it's a dog killer, we saved her by getting her to the emergency vet.. but it was hit or miss.. she was just so lovable. Mike almost had a nervous breakdown when she died, he LOVED her.. he has his own dog Poncho the barker but Daisy, his first dog.

Hope you are having a happy day! we are due for rain tomorrow, maybe you guys are having that today... any hi to Greg and your beautiful furkids and especially a belly rub and neck rub to Francesca.. xo

@Austina ooooh love the hair style Austina! beautiful, color is perfect. I hate when I come across something from someone whom I loved very much and was close to up and died on me.. it sends shockwaves through me and I go back on the healing process to start climbing back up the hill. One of the things I hate most about dying is how my son's will feel.. funny huh? I just think oh dang they will miss me, I think like my aunt said, it's not that I am afraid, altho I was when I was younger. Giving you a big hug Austina, and it sounds lovely to have take away! I love it.. I live a bit far away from any decent place that has take out so we usually have to trek out! Have fun in a few hrs with your friends.. xoxoxo

@Jimmianne beautiful pin Jimmi and it's going to really stand out on your dress/jacket.. I love how you can find good buys, I go to ebay and sink... So you plan to spend 6 months in France, so you want to live there permantly? because you love France or to be near your DD? (future grands hey hey!).. I know the feeling.. Now Austina just invited you and I to visit her! we must ;-) well you can turn that 500Ft in to 2500 later on ;-) ! xo

@Scandinavian Hi Scandi!!! have a wonderful rest of the weekend and beautiful snow Scandi.. looks fresh! xo

sending happy rest of weekend and love to my Ladies of the NIRDI!

Kate

Daisy's memorial: http://daisybargh.pets-memories.com/

AV_

Ideal_Rock
The day did me in - even the @Scandinavian snow looks like a great place to sleep...

NIRDI thus Good Night!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI ALL NIRDIS:

Missy: Tommy says ME-OW likes!

Marcy--snow is not welcomed. Not vertical not horizontal, just not. LOL.

JA--I love your brooch! Gorgeous choice! When I grow up I want to be you.

JuneB--hello! You are a magnet of loveliness and that is why people come to you. You will always be surrounded by loved ones.

Austina: I am planning to live with JA (in France) then come and live with ya'll in England. Good deal??:P2:lol-2:

Cold temps seemed to be entrenched--but we trudge on. DH birthday dinner out tonight. I love skipping the cooking and dishes......

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s! Happy Caturday. I hope you are having a fabulous weekend.

Callie, i hate that when the cell phone store is packed. Verizon used to allow you to make an appointment here but they quit that. I’ve upgraded at Best Buy several times now and that has worked out well for me. Good luck picking out the car you want. it’s funny you mentioned for me to watch out for black ice; it was awful on my way to work yesterday morning. I don’t have trouble in snow or ice in my car and I slid twice on the way to work. I was asking myself why didn’t I get Marty to drive me to work? I was not home when the light bulb blew up; I would have screamed for sure. I’m jumpy.

Austina, I hope you like your cut and color. My hair is getting long; I am sure I mentioned the last time you went in that I needed to get my hair cut. You are so right about how men cook. I swear Marty can use every pan in the house to make a grilled cheese sandwich. I am glad you are enjoying nice weather. I hate to hear Shirley is feeling bad she couldn’t revive Bob, it’s hard not to let those thoughts creep in. That is sad yet nice to have some emails from Bob. I bet you are anxious to get the gate completed. You and your new hairdo look fabulous.

Missy, your light fixture story is very scary; I am so glad no one was in the room when it came crashing down. Yes, it is a Lucy moment. But of course we always keep trying. I am amused when it’s snowing here at night and the snow if changing directions constantly on the web cameras; it looks like it can’t make up it’s mind which way to go. it is sad so many bookstores have closed but I too enjoy the ease of electronic books. I don’t like electronic magazines though. I hope Francesca warms up to the idea of the mask; that is something even people resist. Big hugs to HRH. I am so sorry about your constant itching; I have been there when it is completely driving you crazy. I hope that subsides. Too cute Tommy came out to investigate the new hairdo on Mom.

Jimmianne, woo hoo to not needing to shovel rain. I am so glad to Mr Monet did well at the doctor and can have surgery to correct his eyes. It is so hard to say what difference an ambulance would have made for your dad, those shoulda, coulda, woulda just eat at you in those situations. It’s nice your community has good resources for grief counseling. Sweet to winning the Tiffany brooch. it is really pretty.

Junebug, Marty didn’t say he was worried when he went upstairs to find out what that noise was but I can’t imagine he wasn’t. Especially thinking someone might be in the house. Someone mentioned since I handled the bulb so much putting it in that might have been what happened. I guess some bulbs are so sensitive you should wear gloves to handle them. I wouldn’t even think of that.

Scandi, pretty snow picture with your Furbaby having fun.

Kate, I hope Chris liked the place he checked out today. Homemade pizza and a movie sound like a perfect weekend plan. The plane crash that killed Marty’s friend was pretty sad. He was single and really, really wanted to find someone. He was set up on a blind date through someone at church and they hit it off and married in May that year. 3 months later was his birthday and he wanted to spend the weekend with us in the mountains at our big star party but she wanted him to spend it with her parents. Her dad had a small plane and was going to take him for a plane ride on his birthday. The dad hadn’t put gas it in; it stalled on take off and crashed. Jay’s neck was snapped and he died instantly. The dad suffered permanent brain and mobility damage ending up in rehab for a long time. The widow ended up having to sue her dad (per insurance issues) to get a small enough settlement to pay for things. Absolutely horrible all the way around. And in those what if thoughts we had if Jay hadn’t met that girl he would have been with us in the mountains that day; yet he wouldn’t have had those 3 months with the lady who brought such joy to his life.
Your friend view of the Tetons must be fabulous. It is so pretty up there.
i am so sorry about Daisy. Hugs to you guys.

AV, I hope you rested up tonight.

Sharon, I bet you are more sick of snow and cold than I am. I keep saying this feels like December here. Enjoy dinner out for DH's birthday - plus no dishes. A bonus. Happy Birthday to Mr. Sharon. :wavey:

Not much going on with us. I got the laundry done, finished my article and have been working on March’s newsletter.
I lifted this morning and Marty updated 5 pounds on my deadlifts. I did it anyway.
We went out for lunch but since it’s cold and windy I didn’t want to go anywhere else. We need to stock up on paper stuff at Sams Club but it can wait a week.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! It's a rainy Sunday here but I am embracing the Sun from the SUNday and it will hopefully be a funday for all.

@Tekate any updates on Chris's search? I am so sorry John dealt/deals? with eczema and that you developed it later in life. I also didn't develop it until later in life (40s) and in fact did not develop any allergies til my late 30s. I successfully had cats as pets all through my twenties and early thirties before I developed a severe allergy to the cats. Long story but my pulmonologist was insisting I get rid of them but of course I just got rid of the pulmonologist instead (haha) and just kicked the kitties out of the bedroom at that time and managed with meds. Anyway no regrets. Our furry family members are every bit as much as family as the humans are.

So sorry about sweet Daisy. Heartbreaking. (((Hugs))). Love her memorial :kiss2:. She was such a beautiful dog.
1237400wqzwintuen.gif

We are getting rain right now. Yesterday was cold but nice but today is not an outdoor day. Francesca thanks you for her hugs and belly rubs and is sending purrs and love your way as are all our fur babies. Did you enjoy a good movie last night? We watched Unsane on Amazon Prime. We liked it. Steven Soderbergh directed it. A psychological thriller of sorts.

@Austina aww thank you. And oh no the eczema on your face sounded awful and glad you found relief quickly with that med. I am trying to stay away from steroids as I get a nasty side effect from them so fingers crossed I can manage this without resorting to steroids. Sometimes I think my body is at war with itself but no worries. I am doing OK. Hope you enjoyed a lovely evening with your friends last night. Thinking of your friend Shirley and hoping she is doing OK.

@Jimmianne Love that brooch...broochilicious:kiss2: Yay for 6 months in France and my money is on the experiment going very well. How could you not love living there for 6 months? You have the best of both worlds. Congrats on your friend's pregnancy and what a sweet swap of living arrangements that is for them and for you too because they will take good care of your home and property. Hugs to you and Mr Monet and looking forward to him having a successful operation and getting his eyesight back.:pray:

@AV_ love it when the day is incredibly active that you get a great night's sleep. Win win. Hope you wake feeling refreshed and energized.

@canuk-gal hello there dear girl. Hope your dh had a very happy birthday and you enjoyed a lovely evening out. Yes to not cooking and doing dishes. A happy day for both of you. Sending warm hugs your way. Spring is coming.
Cute%20flowers.gif

@marcy so glad you are lifting and making progress. Nice work getting the article out and working on your March newsletter already. Love stocking up on paper goods and while we don't have a Sams Club we do have our Costco. We just got our rewards check from them and we got just under 1K back. That is sweet. I will try not thinking about how much that means we spent there over the year though. As you know you have to spend money to get money. Or something like that.:lol: Thank you for all your kind and good wishes for HRH.

@Sandeek sending lots of (((hugs))) and healing vibes and lots of good luck dust your way. I hope you can feel all the good energy we are sending you. Hope you are having a lovely weekend with your family and keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Hope everyone else is doing well and enjoying a lovely weekend. Leaving you with a photo at the farmer's market yesterday. The first one I call "overflow" and the second one I dedicate to @Jimmianne. Can you guess why?

"Overflow" or "In NYC even the garbage cans are crowded"

Screen Shot 2019-02-24 at 7.50.45 AM.png
Can you spot my dh?

Close up of "Overflow"

Screen Shot 2019-02-24 at 7.51.08 AM.png

and for @Jimmianne

Screen Shot 2019-02-24 at 7.51.38 AM.png

and the Farmer's Market. Love the gritty urban background and the fresh farmer's finds.
It was a gray sunless day but it was still a lovely Caturday Saturday.

Screen Shot 2019-02-24 at 7.51.27 AM.png

Finally for all of my sweet loving NIRDIs.
Appropriate for Big (and small) Dog Sunday and dedicated to Daisy @Tekate, Mr Monet @Jimmianne , Callie-hope she is doing well @Calliecake and Dottie @Austina and @Scandinavian's 2 sweet fur baby dogs .
1237400wqzwintuen.gif
And any furbabies I left out.

Screen Shot 2019-02-24 at 7.54.53 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-02-24 at 7.50.55 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-24 at 7.50.55 AM.png
    231.1 KB · Views: 16
  • Screen Shot 2019-02-23 at 8.29.29 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-23 at 8.29.29 AM.png
    665.8 KB · Views: 18

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a quick.
Thank you for the photo, Missy
I loved walking around that area. Good memories.

T-Kate, if you need lessons in frivolous money spending I’m your gal.
I spent a week on ebay and other sites and probably have seen every gold Tiffany brooch for sale; did price comparisons and historical research and then made lowball offers on several brooches. Can you tell I was a research scientist ? Lol

Sharon, how funny. I want to be YOU when I grow up, but in a warmer climate :P2

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy I barely went online & it shows (a nice round number of written pages - of the paper variety)

@Jimmianne I so love gold & flowers...

_

¡May this weekend end on a high!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
By the way... @missy You remind me of the farmers market in Cambridge, where once upon a time, yours truly starved of grazing, ate a lb single tomato on the spot.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy thanks for reading Daisy's memorial.. it was such a heartbreaker. We spent so much money on Daisy that our Vets - whom I highly recommend if one lives in N W Austin - - VCA Lakeline Animal Hospital - Dr Oliver Engle (besides your sister THE BEST vet I have ever met - well haven't met your sister BUT I know she's tops).. Dr. Engle was with us thru Daisy's whole life pretty much and he's spectacularly loving.. - this group made a donation to Texas A&M veterinary school in Daisy's name.. they took great care of us.. I MISS Daisy and I MISS this group, like my group here - Tender Touch, but I loved Lakeline. Chris, not sure, the guy has champagne taste on a low end beer budget. ha! if he stayed in the south he could live a LOT better but life is NYC is bettern anywhere! I know :)..Love the pix of the two pups! Chris is filling out an application for a studio in LI City, hopefully this one will pan out. HE HATES THE FEES, basically Chris is into accumulating money, not spending it... needles to say, he's like his father.. Mike, he spends more than he has.. my boy ;-) (but truth be known, I watched every penny I ever made, I just wasn't as tight spending, but I do hate debt).. have a great week dear lady! hope your psorasis is at a place where you can sleep a bit, John would wake up constantly, basically he puts tons of salve on his 'spots'.. it helps. Is Francesca doing better? xoxoxo again, have a great week ! xoxoxo

@Jimmianne Ha! now I will have to start looking at ebay ;-) and I'm not surprised you were a research scientist! and a farmer and a blinglvr! my kind of peeps.. :)

@AV_ I love tomatoes, my whole life I really disliked them, took them out of sandwiches, bacon, hold the tomator, and lettuce.. then when I was pregnant with my 2nd son I got a CRAVING for tomatoes, and I've loved them now, going on 28 years! tomato makes all sandwiches better and salads, I thought maybe after birth of baby I would go back to disliking them, but nope :) have a wonderful week AV! xoxo

USA. I don’t have a problem expressing myself.

@missy you are so much more eloquent than I am. if it's Kenny, which I doubt altho this person has hidden their posts for people to see, which I think it's kind of weird given they are new.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi sweet Kate, no it's not Kenny. Kenny is a nice good hearted guy. We all miss Kenny.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had hoped not, yes Kenny is missed :(

Hi sweet Kate, no it's not Kenny. Kenny is a nice good hearted guy. We all miss Kenny.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL well,
You've got to know when to hold 'em
Know when to fold 'em
Know when to walk away

:lol:

And know when to run . . . :lol:

You never stare at your diamonds when you're setting at the table . . . :D

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Missy, that’s always a nice surprise to get a big rewards check. I think I signed up for that at Sams but I tend to cash it in when they ask me if I want to use it. I put the balance of our Amish furniture on my credit card so I could get 1% back; it helped pay for the tax anyway. I wish we had a Costco; there is one about 50 miles away from here. I see those overthrow cans everywhere; they look pretty sloppy, eh? How nice the farmer’s market started already. Did you get anything? Great pictures of the cute pups and a reminder of France for Jimmianne.

Jimmianne, I think I could help you out with giving a seminar in frivolous spending. i was looking at jewelry online today. I still owe myself 50% of what our furniture cost. Everyone i see an add for mattresses on sale I say “don’t sucker for it”. Too cute you want to be Sharon when you grow up but in a warmer climate. I like it.

AV, those pages will wait for you. I seem to do my best at the last minute.

Kate, I am with you on hating debt. Both of us are spenders though so I have to keep tabs on those things. I hope the studio apartment works out for Chris. I really like tomatoes too. The ones from my BIL and nephew’s gardens are so good I have a hard time going back to store bought ones after our short growing season here.

M&Mland is quiet and boring today. We did fast food for breakfast and lunch. Marty headed to the airport. I made some blueberry muffins and think I’ll have some soup for supper. I finished a book and started another one. I got distracted by Despicable Me 2 on TV though. Those minions make me laugh.
My right knee is yelling at me. Grr.

Take care.
Marcy

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I see no evil at 2AM (there is a button for it).

Thank you indeed!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous and sweet pic of you and Tommy @missy! Love how the colors all work together and that you and Tommy match - and I think that hair color looks fabulous on you! Ugh, so sorry about your eczema flare-up and I hope it clears up soon. It is just awful to have constant itching. Great pics of the city and the Farmer's Market! I always enjoy your pics of the city, such a fun and exciting place and always something going on.

@Tekate, I'm glad Chris is looking in LIC and I'm sending him lots of good thoughts he finds something. Yep, getting to spend time with our kids is such a treat these days! Your memorial to Daisy is so touching, I felt a glitch in my heart as I read it. Losing such a special furbaby is something we never totally get over.

@Scandinavian, that is an amazing pic - So beautiful! :love:

Love your new cut and color @Austina, really lovely! I hope it wasn't too upsetting to read Bob's emails, although I'm sure you felt some sadness, and I hope they also brought you a little comfort. Having friends over is a lovely way to pass the evening, and I fully support not cooking lol!

@Jimmianne, exciting news about your young neighbors! Lol to fitting 2500 sq ft into 550; my brother's place is 550 sq ft, I'll ask him for some tips :P2 I'm so happy you were able to find people to take care of your place while you're in France, that has worked out so well. The brooch is just stunning, a work of art, what a glorious find! :love:

@canuk-gal, thank you...such beautiful words and sentiment, I am touched more than you will ever know. I hope you and your dh had a wonderful time, and I agree, skipping the cooking and clean-up is wonderful! And I'm keeping you in my thoughts...I'm dealing with some stress as well but hang in there, we will both get through it! (((Hugs)))

@marcy, the story about Marty's friend is incredibly sad! So tragic and horrible. I don't blame you for not venturing out into the cold. Good for you on lifting more weight, you're doing great. Sorry your knee is giving you trouble though. Yum, blueberry muffins, a favorite of mine!

@av, sounds like you got a lot of work accomplished this weekend - And you are up late, make sure you get some sleep!

Not much new here - a pretty quiet weekend, just a run to the grocery store and watching golf with dh. My family member is doing ok but we're waiting on a test result so a bit stressful right now. I know I'm being vague but I'd sure appreciate some nirdi dust!

Hope everyone has a good Monday! <3

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results