shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! Internet was out for most of the day yesterday but Verizon came through and we're up and running again -

@missy, sounds like you made some real progress on your closet! Your niece's drawing is fantastic, she really is talented. And such a cute pic of Zena :kiss2: Tundra is truly beautiful, those eyes :love:

@Jimmianne, I think the eye surgery is definitely worth pursuing, it sounds like it would help your sweet dog have a better quality of life. I'm so glad the Senilife is helping him feel better. Your Chanel coat looks PERFECT on you, very chic and elegant.

@Austina, oh no to getting a rash, I hope it has subsided by now. Sound like you are having a great time In Austin. It's a shame the housing development you like is too far away. You are definitely enjoying some yummy meals. Can't believe it's so cold in Austin right now!

@marcy, how fun that Marty suprised you with the new furniture. I LOVE it, it's gorgeous! Beautiful style and amazing craftsmanship. LOL to that joke, so funny! Sorry your workouts are making you a bit sore and achy but good for you for exercising and hang in there, the soreness will go away.

@av, so nice that you indulged yourself and enjoyed a lazy day; we all need one of those once in a while! I think it's very responsible of you not to drive if you don't feel comfortable, and it's good you have public transportation available.

@canuk-gal, hi there! Nice to hear from you and hope things are going well.

@Tekate, thinking of you. xxx

@Calliecake, hope you had a nice weekend!

Turned out to be a quiet weekend - dd was supposed to visit but came down with a fever during the week so ended up not coming. She's going to try for next weekend lol. Ended up watching golf and doing some odds and ends around the house.

I wanted to mention - a family member is having a health issue and I'm going to be helping them out for the next few weeks, so I probably won't be able to keep up with the thread for a while. I don't like being so cryptic but the person involved wants to keep it private. I will still drop by to check in with my nirdis, just won't be able to post as often for a bit.

Hope everyone has a good Monday, and a good week! <3

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Iiis@Austina Neither have I! (written a thesis - yet) If I survive, I might tell the tale ,)

@missy I was joking the other day about loosing track of the calendar, and here I was getting up & ready for Tuesday. The nicer truth did not dawn on me until opening Twitter, noticing that a full day of news is missing. Then, the date is still wrong: what happened with half of February!
If this is a hangover, it is after a blissful Sunday of going over a favorite course (Bhadeshia) cross-referencing; as @marcy put it, this is not work (too darn' happy).

@junebug17, @Austina I hadn't thought of my dread of driving as a gesture - happy to be one roadkill less ,) It has never been a problem, fingers crossed! Yes, I do find myself explaining how it is possible to live without driving; only cab drivers seem to take it for granted as much as I do .)

Too all who read this, have a great (eight day) week!

_

PS

@marcy This might amuse you:

https://mobile.twitter.com/GWastrology?p=s

VERY high-brow Astrology!

Last edited:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AV I always love your posts, which are sometimes cryptic, sometimes funny, sometimes very insightful (often, that last one). Wow, that link you sent Marcy is quite interesting and esoteric. (It captures the imagination but I have no idea what it’s about...like a conversation in French, I think I understand but could be completely wrong).

June, thank you for announcing “lurker status” so we don’t have to wonder what happened. I hope the health issue your family member is undergoing resolves without incident. Thank you for the doggie surgery support and the thumbs up in the coat.

Missy, still snowing?!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Jimmianne I have read your post last thing before leaving for the library (one of them - if you might wonder; I could probably write a 'worm's guide to Andaluz libraries' if just to float a manifesto requiring that they had a sort of B&B extension - much as I love keeping my own burrow) and it kept me smiling all the way through morning coffee ::)

Let me say this much about GW Astrology: I rather know that most breeds of physicist have exactly the same reaction as you (that is to say, that both GW & Astrology are equally un-intelligible to them) plus a doze of blood thirsty :errrr: terrifying shame :nono:. Then, astrology says I ought to have much in common with a half-goat-half-fish, & I am not denying.

I am much more interested in astrolabes (one item stuck on my buchet list for too long is learning some of their what & how; very jewel-like!) & the possibilities of looking up beyond indulging in the absence of it all.

rambling over & on with today

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! We have early appointments this morning so just a quick hello and good morning.

@junebug17 glad your internet came back on yesterday. Sounds like a lovely weekend though I am sorry your DD has a fever and I hope she is feeling all better soon and can visit next weekend. You are a good relative for taking care of your family who is not well. I am so sorry and hope things work out for the best and keeping you and your family in my thoughts. Hope you have a good week and take care. Stay warm. (((Hugs))).

@Jimmianne so pleased the Senilfe is working and fingers crossed it continues to make a big difference in his quality of life.

@marcy I'm glad you are feeling better. The birthday party sounded like fun as did the games. I love playing board and card games. In fact I suggested it yesterday (my parents were visiting) but we just listened to music on Greg's new system in our library and it was a lovely day. The rhodolite garnet bracelet your friend chose sounds pretty as do the pink sapphire dangle earrings and that aquamarine set. As do the jewelry boxes. That is very sweet of you Marcy to give them to your friends who can enjoy them. What color did you paint your finger nails? Not snowing here yet...

@AV_ I do not know what has happened to all of January let alone February and come to think of it this past autumn. It all flew by. I am glad your Sunday was blissful as that is how Sundays should be. I hear you on wanting to keep your own burrow. Guilty. May you keep on smiling through the morning and afternoon and evening and have a good and productive day and an enjoyable 8 day week.

@Sandeek speaking of bliss, I hope you are experiencing more bliss these days than not and all is going smoothly. I love your new ring. Gorgeous.:love: And I am so pleased for you. I cannot wait to see you enjoying your new beauty. Have a good Monday and stay warm. (((Hugs))).

@Austina please fill us in on any house hunting news. Hope the rest of your weekend went well.

@PierreBear sending you hugs and good thoughts.

@rainwood hope you are staying dry and warm and feeling well and had a good weekend.

@CJ2008 you and your family and your kitties are in my continued thoughts.

@Calliecake hope the baby shower went well and I am sure the flowers looked beautiful.

@Tekate thinking of you dear girl and sending good wishes and gentle hugs.

We had a very lovely Sunday. My parents came over and visited and we spent the afternoon chatting and listening to music in our library room with Greg's new sound system that he put together himself. It has been a labor of love and he has been working on it for the past few months. It was one of the most lovely days with my parents and everyone was in a good mood. And I also got to give my mom my beautiful unworn lingerie/negligees that believe it or not she wears. So win win. I have more closet and draw space and she got more clothing to enjoy.

This AM we are off for recommended heart scans. I do not know what to expect and I am slightly nervous but hoping they are both in the clear and everything is A OK. Have a good Monday girls.:wavey:

Leaving you with this photo my friend T took. She is a cat rescuer and lol this photo is perfect.

Screen Shot 2019-02-11 at 6.05.10 AM.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just took a quick few pics (still dark here) for you girls of Greg's new sound system that he created. The sound is amazing truly. If you are an audiophile you would appreciate this system. We spent hours enjoying it yesterday afternoon. What a blissful (to use that word again) way to spend the afternoon. Music really does soothe the savage beast.

soundsytem1.jpg
soundsytem2.jpg

soundsystemcloseup.jpg

and of course Francesca had to see what I was doing just now lol. Curiosity and the cat.:P2

frankieadmiringsoundsystem.jpg

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

We’re all packed and ready to head home :(2 It’s gone by too quickly, although the weather here in Tx could’ve been better.

Sounds like you had a really fun time @marcy, and :lickout: to pizza. We’ve got some cooking in the oven for lunch.

Sorry to hear your relative is unwell @junebug17 how sweet of you to take care of them, wishing a speedy recovery for the patient. Oh no to DD having a fever, hopefully she’ll be well enough for a visit this weekend.

The meds sound like they’re having a really positive effective on your little doggie @Jimmianne , long may it continue so that you can go away without worrying too much.

I hope your scans went well @missy and you’ve both got the all clear. I know I keep saying it, but Greg is such a clever sausage, your sound system looks amazing :lol: Sounds like you had a good day with your parents, relaxing and listening to music - heaven!

You are determined, so I’m sure you will survive the thesis writing @AV_ and I look forward to hearing about it when it’s done :D

We didn’t see any other houses that we liked over the weekend. Kim and I have had a cooking marathon so she has food for the freezer. Her course is very time consuming, so I was happy to help.

Hope all the NIRDIS had a lovely weekend, send love and hugs to all those that need it.

We’re heading off to the airport about 3.30pm, have to fill up the car before we return it, and get to the terminal. Hopefully no delays with the flight, and a quiet, bump free night ahead.

See you all on the other side tomorrow :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha Ha
51604147_2586945048022902_4248084661357510656_n.png

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s. I hope you are having a lovely day.

Junebug, no internet? How did we live without it in the “olden” days. I did report to the gym when I got home tonight. I told Marty “reporting for torture, Sir”. I did presses at 17.5 pounds again and then deadlifts at 37.5 pounds. Sorry one of your family members is having a health issue; sending them best wishes for a return to good health. I hope your DD feels better soon and gets to come visit this weekend. We watched some of the Pro Am this weekend.

AV, you’ll be fine on your thesis; sadly all it takes is a lot of time and research. In my mind my calendar has 5 Mondays and 2 Saturdays. I used to say “see you Monday” when I left work no matter that day it was - then I finally bought in to my own fantasy and quit saying that. What? I have to go to work today? Quite an interesting link. There is a guy in our region that is an expert in astrolabes. He got to go to the Smithsonian and actually handle and study the ones they have. He gave our club a presentation on them; quite fascinating.

Jimmianne, I totally smiled at understanding a french conversation. I am sure I’d understand way less than I used to.

Missy, I am glad to pass on my jewelry for other people to enjoy. Now I am down to stuff I really like or if I tire of it I can trade it in for an upgrade. I painted my nails a bright pink this time. I think I’ll get my pink sapphires out tomorrow. Maybe the snow will pass you by. It sounds like you had a lovely weekend and enjoyed spending time with your parents. That cat picture is awesome. Greg’s sound system looks amazing and I am sure it sounds incredible.

Austina, that does seem like a quick trip for you guys. Darn that you didn’t find a house you loved. Nice that you and Kim had a cooking marathon and got some meals in the freezer. Those will come in handy.

A quiet day for me. I only had 2 meetings and one of my employees caught a mistake within 2 hours of it being a problem. Woo hoo!

Take care.
Marcy

Reactions: AV_

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy , I hope all went well with the heart scans today. Did you and Greg have a fun afternoon? It sounds like you had a great afternoon with your parents yesterday. got some new things. You are really taking this job of clearing out space in closets and drawers seriously. More space for hair.

@junebug17 , Sending lots of healing dust to your family member. I’m sorry your daughter had a fever last weekend.

@Tekate, Thinking of you and sending hugs.

@Austina , Your trip to Austin went by way too quickly. It sounds like you had a wonderful time with Adam and Kim. Sorry the weather wasn’t better in Austin. We have had some really crazy weather all over the country this winter.

@Jimmianne, The duster looks great on you! What a great find. Loved seeing your sweet furbaby in the photo too. Your trip to Atlanta sounded like quite the adventure. How does anyone get around with so many streets named Peachtree? Driving in France sounded easier than driving in Atlanta.

@marcy, The joke you posted was hilarious. How is the training going? Thank goodness the pain is going away. The new bedroom furniture looks great. Please don’t be giving your emeralds away LOL. Loved the snow cartoon. We are getting more ice and snow tonight and tomorrow.

@av , Have a great week working on your thesis.

@Sandeek , Thinking of you and hoping you are doing well.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for the mentions & Happy Week to all who NIRDI!

-

@marcy I am seriously ashamed to say that I had first heard of this literature in the summer of 2011 - it was a pursuit until less than two years ago when it became work (let a drunk keep the wine barrel!). If I heard anyone else telling of a long stint of research (dawdling) like this, I would have not thought kindly of them (a preposterous legal limit is eight years - coincidentally; a good thesis is expected to take about three in the field & I agree that taking a short time means you know what you are doing; ergo - by my own rule, I am a lunatic!).

I'll be celebrating the 'END' of the last page, with stars & astrolabes - & perhaps a taking a couple more happy items off my bucket list too.

-

@missy Likely because of the story of 'alternative hair' here, all I am noticing in the news now is - well, www (OK, I know this is at best not polite of me & I am benefiting from the lowering of standards!).

on with today

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning from Scandinavia!
Yesterday was chaos with sick children and so today is even more chaos with work.
Hope you all have a good week, have skimmed through and @marcy love your joke, @Jimmianne you look fantastic, @missy I'll send you an email, hope you are well, @AV_ nice link, @junebug17 take care, @Austina you looked fantastic too bad about the rash, @missy of course we are all perfect LOL.

Talk to you soon!

Hugs!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! No snow yet but it is coming. Good news is today will be a work day from home for my dh. Bad news is our dear Fred is sick and I am searching for meds for him at the pharmacy. By the time I realized we needed meds it was close to 10PM and all our pharmacies were closed but one. But by the time I spoke with my sister it was too late so waiting for them to open today. This med is a different dose for cats than humans so if the pharmacy carries it we will have to quarter it. Which might prove challenging. But fingers crossed we can get him the meds today. With 4 cats sometimes it is hard to realize which one or even if it is only one who is sick. In hindsight I think Fred was having (sorry about being graphic) diarrhea for a few days but we only realized it yesterday. So it has been at least a few days of that and he is an elderly kitty so I want to get those meds as soon as we can. Poor baby. :((

@junebug17 sending you good thoughts and hugs and hope everything goes as well as it can this week.

@Austina you are such a wonderful MIL to be. How lovely you and Kim cooked so much food for her to freeze. You remind me of my mother that way. Without the me helping you part haha. She used to cook so much and freeze it for me when I was single. I am sorry you didn't find a home you love yet but you will. Wish I could go house hunting with you. I have a knack for finding the best homes. Hope you had a safe flight back and are feeling well.

@AV_ have a good Tuesday and enjoy working on whatever you decide to do. And remember to have fun with it. I know it sounds cliche but truly one day at a time and enjoying the moment is the best way to live life IMO. I have no doubt whatever you do will be a huge success.

@marcy love that snoopy cartoon. Glad work was quiet for you yesterday and that you caught the problems before they became bigger issues. Nice going. And how lovely you pass on your unloved jewelry to those who will enjoy and wear it. Sweet. Hope work goes well today. Any snow by you? And yes I remember the threat of snow for you lasts almost until summer lol. Let's hope this year that does not happen and you get to enjoy a mild spring.

@Calliecake so glad the shower was a success and that everyone enjoyed themselves. Nicely done. Hope you don't have too much ice and snow by you and that you are having a good week. Yes I really am cleaning out all my closets and dressers. I have way too much stuff. Life is complicated enough and I feel I must continue getting rid of stuff I don't wear. It's freeing. And yes more room for hair lol. But I am also trying to practice self control with that too because I have too much hair now. I was so tempted yesterday to purchase another piece but held strong. Now I will live vicariously through you and will try convincing you to get another.:Up_to_something: That European hair is pretty awesome in texture and colors. Just sayin...:cheeky:

@Scandinavian I replied. So sorry the kids were sick and hope they are feeling better and everything calms down for you guys. Hugs.

@Sandeek hope you are having a good week and doing well. Are the schools open today, will they be open tomorrow I wonder. I thought we were going to get snow earlier today but now we are getting it later so not sure what is happening with the schools. And now it looks like perhaps tomorrow will be more of an issue. Stay safe and sending you (((hugs))).

@Tekate I am thinking of you sweet Kate the Great and sending you love and hugs. So sorry for all you and your family are dealing with and keeping you in my thoughts.

We do not yet have the results of our heart scans but the tests themselves were easy peasy. Fingers crossed the results are A OK. The radiologist has to read them and then contact us.

Leaving you with this photo of a beach rainbow. Isn't it peaceful and pretty?

beachrainbow.jpg

Have a lovely day girls!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I've not read a dang thing yet. :)

Just wanted to thank you guys as I have 10 unread mentions so I know it's my NIRDI posse sending love. Thank you!

Quite a sad thing that my aunt died. Quite sudden but not it seems. My aunt left me a letter, written in January of 17 in which she says that she had known since summer of '16 that she was sick (she didn't mention lung cancer but I knew she had pneumonia then).. it was a lovely letter full of a happy, exciting life, never a dull moment, her love of her life partner and for me to keep in touch with Elva :) I will of course. She told me not to grieve for her because she is with all who went before her.. I suppose I am trying to do that. I think my aunt had told my sister that she had a 'dark lesion on her lung' back before Gen died, my sister had asked me in August how Mary was because Gen had bronchitis! and wasn't feeling good and I said I had talked to her and she was doing much better and my sister started cryng.. NOW THAT! wasn't like my sister.. but at the time I just thought wow she really is closer to Mary than I am (which I knew any old way), but Gen crying? that was rarer than hen's teeth (a good book by stephen gould btw should anyone want to read a fun book).. so probably my sister knew, they were both smokers so they wouldn't tell me anything. My aunt had a PhD, MA, BA and she voted for Trump! she was gay, didn't believe in gay marriage, I tell you, my family was looney toon!

I will read the above posts and catch up and write more later, just as always, thank you Women of the NIRDI... you are all all all in my heart. And especially a thank you to @missy if the world had more Missy's we would all live in harmony, and caring and love. and compassion. So you guys I'll read and post later, we are also tryng to get some stuff done b4 the big snow/sleet/rain etc to hit us tonite.

Thank you for being my friend! (I drove 7.5 hours to PA and back in a few days, by myself, at my old age, and I heard that song at least 4X ugh, who wants to do the 70s again? NOT ME :) )

kate xoxoxo

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@junebug17 well, I am so sorry you have a loved family member sick.. I send you love Junie.. we are all so lucky to care about each other, take good care of your family member they are so lucky to have you!!!

@missy those boots girlie are bitchin' just totally bitchin' and you look so awesome in them! Your niece!!!!!!! so talented Missy, we are blessed aren't we? these nieces who love us and who share their talent.. xoxo. I've not read the whole thread I've missed but I hope the medicine is helping?? hope so... love Tundra!!! such a great pix... wow on Greg and your new sound system, I know, without music, for me there is not life.. I have always turned on the music.. so glad Missy it would soothing for you! xoxoxo .. Greg home today working... that's great! I am sorry Fred is sick Missy :( hope you have the medicine by now.. heart tests? I must've missed that Missy.. are you guys okay? let me know please, is it just a test the docs LOVE to run? I went to the ID doctor yesterday and she listened to my heart and said it was fine.. sending you LOVE Missy and good healthy thoughts and support, you are wonderful.. ((((MISSY)))) (let me know how the tests went)...

the rainbow is beautiful Missy, it made me smile.. . . . .

@Jimmianne lady that duster is gorgeous... the color is awesome and you look just totally cool in it. Love it!!! and shit girl, that trip to Atlanta sounds like something that would happen to me.. so sorry, and SO smart to stop when you had to, 1 1/2 hrs or 15 minutes doesn't matter.. I no longer drive at night, in the dark at all, we gave that up a few years ago. What's the status on the wedding plans? xo

@marcy what a wonderful husband! love the furniture.. it's quite stunning, and my taste totally... I will chime in on having a trainer, it's great! the joke was awesome Marcy, I choked on my tea laughing.. :) :)

@Scandinavian hello dear Scandi, thank you for your kind words about my aunt.. much appreciated. Sorry about sick kiddos.. :( we trudge on when the kids are sick - I remember but it can be totally tiring! take care of yourself too lady!

@AV_ I am with Jimmi, I enjoy your posts, I find them delightful, informative and shows a woman of intelligence and caring. I appreciate your words AV.. I'm glad you are a lady of the NIRDIs :) xoxoxo

@canuk-gal Hi sharon, nice to see you and I understand that life can easily get in the way of keeping up, it's wonderful to hear from you.. me? I'm retired, I have time, but you ladies who travel from home to home, work, and are busy I so appreciate that you guys take the time to post!

@Calliecake the shower was a success! wonderful isn't, this stuff is danged stressful. thank you for your support Callie.. ((((CALLIE))))) xo how much snow you guys have? we are due for 6-10 inches (.15 meters to .25 meters is that correct?? do Europeans use inches, well good old Kate has go to do more study here).. sorry Callie dear I digressed.. Howa are you? good I hope.. xoxoxo

Ladies of the NIRDI, again thank you for your support and kindness, it's been a tough week and 1/2. I am blessedly lucky.

Updates with me: went to the ID doc yesterda had blood tests, all tests came back in normal range (@Sandeek my inflammation has gone down for the 6 months I've been on clindamycin, I'm in normal range and continue to go down, was pretty high in the beginning).. Chris hasn't found an apartment yet! surprise.. but he had to go to DC yesterday as his boss is located there as is most of his team.. (no I don't know why he's been hired into the city?!)... supposed to be coming back today, both ways by train, his bank thinks it's easier to less stress on employees if they take trains than going thru the flying gauntlet! (I agree).. Mike, Cara and Autumn are doing well and Cara is now on 2 week visits to the obgyn instead of once a month.. not heard anything from the shower team, yay! ;-) John is fine, he's been writing a program for fun (not money :( ha! one can tell I majored in business and not comp sci).. so he's happy, and intense, he's writing in assembler/370 which imho if you know about programming at all that is the basic language that talks to the computer and makes it do it's stuff! I hated it, I got a B in it.. I just don't have an assembler type of brain.. hahaha.. I should have been a comedian actually ;-) Salley dog is sleeping and we are preparing for 6-10 inches of snow tonite and ice storm tomorrow morning, it's COLD here, we've not walked Salley as it's too damn cold. :)

have a wonderful day to those who are still midday and you Euro ladies have good evenings.

Kate

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s! I hope you are having a fabulous day.

Callie, I hope you don’t have to go out in the ice and snow. It seems like winter is really long this year. The wind chill feels like December around here. No worries that I will be giving away my emerald band. I wore that ring for 9 days straight before digging out another ring. Glad to hear the shower was a success.

AV, getting through your thesis will be something you look back on someday with good memories and gladness you are done. When my niece finished hers she had so much free time.

Scandi, sorry for your chaotic week. I hope the sweet kids get better soon.

Missy, poor Fred. I hope he is doing better soon. I am down to pretty much only the jewelry I like to wear. I have 2 iffy rings but they can be traded in towards something new. Sadly they are mall jewelers. Gorgeous rainbow picture. Glad the tests were easy; of course you passed them because you both have very good hearts.

Kate, hugs to you. My thoughts are with you and your family. That is nice your aunt left you a letter. I hope your words offer you some comfort. The Snoopy joke sure sums up the weather right now. I am waiting for my trainer to send me a bill. That is awesome your blood tests came back in the normal range. Sorry to hear the snow and ice are coming you way. Stay warm. Make some delicious soup and bread. This time of year I just get sick of cold and snow.

I was cold most of the day; it took my mind off cursing my trainer every time something reminded me I’m out of shape and what do you think you are doing to me? My right knee is a bit irritated tonight; hopefully it doesn’t get any more irritated.

Marty had a friend coming over to train tonight so we didn’t get until after 7; it was delicious but probably tasted better since I was hungry.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy Valentine's Day eve.
1237379fdqxrvb3f5.gif

pretty%20heart.gif

@junebug17 thinking of you and hoping things are going smoothly.

@Tekate glad your ID visit went well and that your blood results are A OK. May the inflammation continue to decrease and your health continue to improve! Chris will find an apartment and hope his work trip in DC is also proving to be fun and safe trip back via train today. The weather here is OK for travel now. Hoping all the snow will be melting soon. Did you end up getting a lot of snow overnight? It's the winter that never ends. The program John is writing sounds like fun. I wonder if the computer program he is writing would recognize my Brooklyn accent.:P2 So pleased Cara is doing well and is on 2 week Ob/Gyn visits. The time is going by quickly. Salley appreciates not having to go out in the freezing cold probably and is having sweet dreams of spring and summer as we all are lol. So wonderful that your aunt left you a letter. That goes a long way in providing you comfort I hope. Our results won't be available til next week probably. You know the reasons now, thanks for your concern. And as always thank you for all your kind comments and you know I feel the same about you. How is your eczema? Mine is not improving at all. I am not sure if I should hold strong re not apply topical steroids because my bumps are spreading but I fear that would bring worse things to me so I will wait a little bit more and hope it resolves. Sending you warm hugs and much love and have a good Wednesday Kate the Great. XOXO.

@marcy haha if Marty sends you a bill for his personal training you then can send him a bill for cooking and cleaning. And I bet your bill would far outweigh his bill.:Up_to_something:
Food usually tastes better when we are hungry doesn't it? That's what makes sweet treats (for me) more dangerous as they taste good even when we are full lol. I am sorry your knee was/is bothering you and hope that you wake this morning with no discomfort. And sorry you were cold all day yesterday. Hoping today you are warm and comfy.

@Calliecake glad your internet came back on yesterday. I hate it when we lose connection. Darn ice. Hope your weather is improving.

@Sandeek hope you are doing well and that you are having a good week. Sending you warm hugs and lots of good thoughts. (((Hugs))).

@Jimmianne hope your sweet dog is continuing to do well on the Senilife. Sending you and him lots of (((hugs))).

@Scandinavian hope everyone continues to be on the mend. Any more skiing competitions coming your way?

@Austina hope you are settling in and catching up on your sleep and that your weather is cooperating. Sorry the weather in the USA wasn't too great when you were visiting. Next time.

We got Fred the med (haha I'm a poet and I didn't know it:lol:) and so far so good. Today our cleaning person is coming and I am not looking forward to it though Greg sure is. I am happy when she leaves and our house is spick and span clean but while she is here the kitties don't like it and neither to do. But to break up the day and get out of the house in this cold weather Greg and I have a pre Valentine's Day lunch date.:kiss2:

Have a lovely day girls. :wavey:

hugs000001.gif

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ROFLMAO OMG :lol-2:
Look what Greg just sent me.

catinbed.png

Yup. Pretty much how it feels.
rotflmao2.gif

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

We got back ok yesterday, no flight delays although the jerk behind me had all his overhead lights on and kept getting things out of his locker and slamming it shut :x2 He finally went to sleep about 3am, by which time I was awake.

We got home about 11.15am, showered and left about midday to collect Dottie. She’d been absolutely fine, and was quite settled with Anne. We got back home about 4pm, unpacked and got things sorted, then struggled to keep awake till 10pm. One of us managed, Colin had to be nudged constantly :lol:

Hope the munchkins are feeling better @Scandinavian, poor little things.

@marcy :lol: reporting for torture sounds about right. Hope you’re not feeling too sore and achy.

Poor little Fred @missy I’m glad you managed to get his meds and hopefully he’ll be better soon. Enjoy your lunch and coming back to a lovely clean home. I just can’t bring myself to get cleaners in as not only wouldn’t I want them touching my ‘stuff’, I’d be cleaning before they came :lol:

:-o No internet @junebug17 - glad that’s all sorted, we rely on it far too much.

Good news from the ID Doc @Tekate So happy to hear that things have improved. Your Aunt sounds like she was quite a character, I hope her letter brought you some comfort.

Hi @Calliecake, @Jimmianne and @AV_ hope you’re having a good week.

Sorry for the quick post, lots of things to do!

:wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina welcome back home. How annoying that person was on your flight. Inconsiderate. :(( Glad he finally gave you some peace and quiet at 3AM but wow. How rude.

I just can’t bring myself to get cleaners in as not only wouldn’t I want them touching my ‘stuff’, I’d be cleaning before they came :lol:

And LOL yes I do clean before the cleaning person comes. That's what I was doing much of last week and yesterday. With all the cleaning out of closets and surfaces and 4 cats and a large apartment it never ends. On the plus side it motivates me to start decluttering. On the negative side it flares my eczema pretty badly...I guess one can say I am allergic to cleaning.:lol:

Oh another plus is I finally went through my 30 bathing suits yesterday while I was decluttering. And they all fit woohoo. I am giving some of them to my nieces and keeping the rest. I haven't worn a bathing suit for 20 years haha but you never know...:bigsmile:

Good luck with all you need to do today. And (((Hugs))) to Dottie!

@AV_ how is your week going? I forgot to say hello and I hope you are having a nice week and writing and enjoying and being immersed in things that interest you. Hugs!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s! Happy Valentine’s Day (tomorrow)

Missy, I hate to hear your eczema is so flared up. You don’t mention how you are doing often but I always care and hope you are doing well. I got up about 1 and put aspercreme on my knee last night and that helped. I lifted tonight and my knees are agitated right now. I think this weekend I’ll try just deadlifts one day and see if that bothers my knees then try deadlifts by themselves on another day. See what irritates it more. i feel funny when the cleaning lady is here too; I like to run errands then. Love the picture Greg sent you of the cat sleeping with you. I am sure it feels like that. Good idea to be allergic to cleaning.

Austina, isn’t that dumb luck to have someone behind you that kept waking you up? I doubt I’d be able to sleep on a plane. Of course the long flights like you take it is almost a necessity. I hope you adjust to local time quickly. That is so comforting to know Dottie likes the people she stays with when you travel.

It was sunny here today but horrible and cold wind ruined that. I did see where they had snow in Hawaii over 6200 feet. The telescopes on Mauna Kea are so froze up they figure it will take a week for them to thaw.

I met a friend for lunch. I baked some of those Pillsbury ready to bake heart cookies for work tomorrow. Something quick and easy.

i did watch the Charlie Brown Valentine’s programs while I was doing dishes and baking the cookies.

Take care.
Marcy

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning from Scandinavia and HAPPY VALENTINES!!! <3

The children are better, thankfully, so I could send them to school today. So I have been a good girl (bad worker..) and been to the gym this morning. Oh well. As my PT says, better to be able to stand up on your own when you are 90 than to have the money to have someone lift you up... Preferably, I would like both. LOL.

Took furbaby F to the physical therapist for a follow-up yesterday, I think she has overstrained a muscle so it's good for her with a little TLC. The stretching exercises we have been trying to get her to do must have helped, or just time helps, but at least she is better now. So now we are going to our cabin in the mountains for the weekend. Should be lovely! :geek2: Lots of snow and a good 2 hour hike skiing from the car to the cabin. The children will take the "snowmobile bus" with the bags, lol. But I love that hike.

@marcy, oh I wish I could have your cookies! Hope the knee responds well to the new lifting plan of yours !!

@missy, LOL to your bathing suits! I have about the same amount, because I always feel like none of them fit me so I always buy new ones! Too bad about the eczema, is it because of dust or chemicals that it flares up? Glad you have a cleaner! Now you just need a housekeeper to do the tidying before the cleaner showes up, LOL. I would like not cleaning, but I don't like strangers in the house... :rolleyes: Silly me.

@Austina, welcome home! Bet Dottie is very happy to have you home again! And please share pictures of her happiness, LOL, she has such a cute face! I hate trying to sleep on planes, too difficult, LOL.

@Tekate, hope the weather improves enough for a lovely walk with Sally! She sounds like such a sweetheart! (I love dogs, perhaps you could tell, LOL)

:kiss2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day
to all my sweet NIRDI girls
You are each more valuable to me

than diamonds or pearls

It is winter here still

And the weather is cold
But in our hearts
There is love we hold

Love keeps us warm
And safe from the storm

NIRDIs are the best
Stand above all the rest

Supportive and kind
The sharpest of minds

The rarest of jewels
The coolest of cool

Here's hoping this year
will bring good health and cheer
the sweetest of times
the finest of fine

May this year bring all the best
to each and everyone of you
May health, happiness, joy and prosperity

come to each of you

May all the NIRDIs have happiness

and no more sorrow
And may sweetness and love be with you

for each tomorrow

I am sending so many hugs and kisses

to my sweet NIRDI misses

valentinesday.gif

Love you girls XOXO.:kiss2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning!

@marcy sweet you baked heart cookies and got to meet a friend for lunch yesterday. Nice. And I love Charlie Brown and Snoopy but darn I missed that special. Hope today is a loving and sweet day at work and all goes well. Hugs.

@Scandinavian I don't love having people clean the house either but they aren't strangers anymore. She and her family have been coming to us for over a decade. We went out while she was here so that helped break it up. She was here with her nephew for 7 hours. It was a long day. But now our home is clean and Greg and I did enjoy a romantic long lunch out so it's all good. Yay for going to the gym and for the kids all being better and back to school. Hugs.

@Sandeek hope you are having a special Valentine's day with your dh and family. Sending you (((hugs))).

@Tekate thinking of you and more hugs.

hello to everyone else and happy VD! Hope everyone is enjoying a sweet day.

Yesterday Greg came home early and we went out for a special Valentine's Eve lunch and then despite the cold weather we walked around a bit and it was a lovely day. Explored some thrift shops too. I wore my new red snow boots (thank you @canuk-gal I LOVE them!) as it was a bit messy from the prior day's snow. It was perfect. Quick pic.

missyandredboots.jpg.png

Last night I received a text from an old colleague whom I have not spoken to for 3 years and I was thrilled to hear from her. We have a call set up for today. I missed her. I worked with her and her boyfriend (seems weird to say bf since he was in his 80s when I retired) for 25 years. And her bf died 3 years ago and she disappeared and no body could contact her. And it was so great to hear from her yesterday and find out she is OK and I am very much looking forward to chatting with her later. That's it for my exciting news of the morning haha. Hope you all have a wonderful day and sending you so many (((HUGS))).

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Aw thank you Missy for your words, as always, you bring me up. OOOHH love the boots on you Missy girl.. you look so cool in the above picture!!! NYC is the best. Hope you and Greg's tests came back perfect.. I'm sure they did.. I am sure going out the day before Valentine's Day is much less crowded! I think you and Greg live Valentine's Day every day Missy.. I really do. xoxoxoxo

@Austina you are probably home and wondering about the time! Austin has had some crappy weather for sure.. it was a huge drought till I moved out in 14, then it rained and rained and rained.. I should move back! think I will for a bit.. time will tell. Hope you guys had some good Tex-Mex in between all the cooking with Kim. xo

@Scandinavian Hi Scandi! and happy Vday to you also!!!!! I am glad to hear your kiddos are on the mend Mom! And Scandi, I was glad to see you are a dog lover too! I love cats and would have 1-21 but John is extremely allergic to cat dander, I mean even that wouldn't bother me (ha ha!) but he's a pain when he's sick.. a guy you know? :)have a great time at your winter cabin!!! sounds lovely.. I am a winter girl all the way.. sounds dreamy really... have fun!!!! xo

@marcy Hi Marcy!!! cookies, yum and I do mean yum, my favorite cookies are always sugar cookies.. I'm a caramel vanilla lover b4 chocolate! We should all go to Hawaii Marcy!!! I've been up Mauna Kea and it's divine, if not foggy.. rainy... (at least when I was there 2x). xo

@AV_ Hope you are having a lovely, warm day and working hard but not tooo dilegently! xo

@Jimmianne Hola and hope things are good with you. Hope the kids are fine and all is progressng to the big day! xoxoxo

@Calliecake :wavey::wavey: it's as though we couldn't live without our internet, I go right to the phone with roadrunner is down.. I mean how the heck can I know what is happening!!!! :) glad your's is back girly.

@junebug17 June, sending you a big hug. Hope things are going aok with your life and what you are doing.. sending you dust.. diamond dust from me to you and healing dust for your family member.. xo

Wishing you and every one of you lovely ladies, my friends the Ladies of the Nirdi! a happy Valentine's day! a happy day every day too.. Cold here in Maine, I've been in a reflective sort of mood but I so appreciate my aunt caring so much for me that she left me a comforting letter, wish I could be mad at her for dying, but she was 71, I'm 66 I mean time is short.. so now I say! ENJOY this day and eat whatever you want. mucho love to you all.

Kate

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Tekate

Funny you should mention 'sugar cookies' - I adore them! (a local variety is plate-sized '-)

The beautiful letter left to you has been on my mind - such a gesture! I wish...

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies and happy Valentine’s Day

Aww thank you @missy I feel the same about you ladies :love: My lucky day to stumble upon this thread and get to know you all.

Sounds like you and Greg had a lovely day yesterday, and how nice to be in contact again with your colleague. The boots look great, really funky, and I’m glad you’ve had the opportunity to wear them. How’s Fred doing, hopefully on the mend?

:lickout: To cookies @marcy, I bet you were a real hit at work today. It does help to have a flat bed seat, it’s reasonably comfortable and I can usually get a few hours sleep on the plane, as long as the other passengers are quiet. I don’t bother eating on the flight home, just get to sleep as quickly as I can, then have breakfast before landing. Of course, last night, I couldn’t get to sleep till about 1.30am:(2

Glad the munchkins are all better @Scandinavian, have a great weekend at the cabin, sounds like you’re in for lots of fun :D

You have years ahead of you @Tekate 66 is no age at all! The weather here has been unseasonably warm here, just typical eh? :lol: Hopefully we’ll both be in Tx at the same time soon, the weather will be great, and we can admire each other’s bling. :D We did get to Torchys for a fajita one evening, does that count?

Had to do a big shop today, it was like Old Mother Hubbard’s here :lol: I made Tom Yum soup today, it was lovely and will definitely be on the menu again.

Struggling to keep awake, but I’m not giving in till at least 10pm!

Big wave to all the other NIRDIS :wavey:

P

PierreBear

Just wanted to say Happy Valentines day! Hope everyone is feeling loved, cherished, and filled with chocolate delights!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was AV! it was.. it made my grief easier.. miss her.. thank you for your kindness xoxox

@Tekate

Funny you should mention 'sugar cookies' - I adore them! (a local variety is plate-sized '-)

The beautiful letter left to you has been on my mind - such a gesture! I wish...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s! Happy Valentine’s Day.

Scandi, glad kids and fur babies are doing better. The trip to the cabin sounds fun. We always had to snowmobile in to my parents camera in the winter. Fun times.

Missy, thank you so much for sweet poem. It is awesome. Darn that you missed the Charlie Brown special. I have our receiver set to record all the prime time shows on the major networks so that way I don’t miss things. I sure like that feature. You look great on your Valentine’s Eve outing. Good idea to go out the day before. Restaurants are even crowded here on Valentine’s Day. That’s nice your former colleague reached out to you; I am glad she is maybe connecting with people again after losing her BF.

Kate, I love vanilla ice cream with caramel syrup; it is one of my favorites. i love a good sugar cookie too. A trip to Hawaii and Mauna Kea would be awesome. I think it is so nice your aunt left you a letter; I think that is a great idea to do for our loved ones. Everyone’s life is too short so yes enjoy life while you can.

AV, a plate sized sugar cookie sounds fabulous.

Austina, I hope you are rested up. Do you have some of those noise cancelling headphones to use when traveling? Marty loves them. He can’t sleep on a plane though. On one of his trips back from Hong Kong they upgraded him to first class and he had one of those flat seats. He enjoyed that trip.

PierreBear, I hope you are doing well and had a great Valentine’s Day.

Marty baked a tenderloin and asparagus for supper along with enough mashed potatoes to feed all of us. Everything was delicious. We also had a bottle of Freak Show too. Then we did the dishes; he even helped me.

Tomorrow is Friday.
Take care.
Marcy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results