shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s! i think it’s unanimous - we like tacos.

Missy, I am glad to hear your tests went okay. Too funny about the kitties making a mess in the kitchen. I am delighted to hear you are having nice weather now. Spring is in sight. I like the Confucius saying. Glad to hear your meds arrived; good luck with the new dose.

Scandi, the skiing competition does sound fun but darn that you have to run uphill to catch up with your kids. That is awesome F is feeling better. Darn that chores sound chorey. I’ll look forward to the picture of your Christmas present. I am enjoying my ring. Thank you. I am glad dinner with your friends went well.

Kate, cc cookies certainly sound delicious. Good deal your weather is warming up. We had some lay offs 2 years ago and I am just speculating they may have another round of layoffs this year. I sure hope not. I swear I could live on tacos and hamburgers. I like your suggestion of the name Marty called me but no that isn’t them. That is great Chris is enjoying his new job; I hope he finds a great place to live. How cute Neve is going to be the best big sister. You can be in charge of the food at my parties - I like your menu. i hope they are finding ways to help your Aunt Mary. Very scary. Sending her mega healing dust.

PierreBear, good luck with your insurance company and water issues. Thank you about my ring. I am enjoying it. I was rather bummed at work today but will try to figure out how to deal with the upcoming storm. Nice to exchange pictures every day with your mom. Good luck with your decision.

Austina, sorry to hear Cuba still has so much damage. Thanks, my friend is pretty happy with her earrings. Have a safe trip to Austin.

Junebug, thank you for the compliments on my new rings. I know I’ll enjoy wearing it. It sounds like you had a nice weekend. As boring as I found the game and commercials I think having lots of good food was a necessity. I’m taking my car in tomorrow for service; I’ll told Marty your first service was comped; I know we won’t be that lucky tomorrow.

Not much going on today. No news on the mess at work. Marty wanted to go out to supper so I met him after work at one of our favorite restaurants. He woke up at 2:30 this morning so was tired and had a headache; he went to bed at 8.

Take care.
Marcy

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, so glad things went well with you appointment today. Did you begin taking the new meds? Did the boots arrive this afternoon?

@PierreBear , Please don’t feel the need to justify your decision to anyone. Base your decision with what works best for you and your husband. It really isn’t anyone else’s business. We only get one life, enjoy your life together and be happy. I always wished it had been my decision not to have children. I felt like a failure when the reality hit that it wasn’t possible for me to get pregnant. My husband used to tell me as long as he had a life with me, nothing else mattered, I was his family. Things often work out the way the are supposed to.

@Scandinavian , Well it sounds like you had a fun weekend with your friends and your dinner party was a great success. Most parents with a 6 month old are exhausted before 10:00 PM LOL. Sounds like the children had fun at the ski competition. Who was more tired after the completion? You got quite the workout as well LOL.

Austina, I’m sorry, I should have known what kind of dog Harry was. He looked like such a gentle soul. Friends of our had one years ago. He just had much longer hair. He had the best temperament and was a cuddle bug. What was your favorite city and part of the cruise.

Tekate , Your cookies sound delicious. I hope you received good news about your Aunt Mary. Sending healing dust somethingce her way. Neve sounds like a pistol.. The last time I saw grand niece, she made it clear that I was going to need to get another car seat for the new baby. place to liveShe had many great plans for the things we will do with the new baby. Hopefully you will be reporting Chris has found an apartment this week. Fingers crossed he gets great news and finds the perfect place to live.

@junebug17, You had a fun Sunday. I have to say the supper bowl menu sounded quite good . I love cheese quesadillas. Now you get to look forward to your daughters upcoming visit.

We had a day of house cleaning. I have to admit it’s much nicer when we clean together.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Everyone. I'm behind, as usual. Getting ready to head out for Atlanta, but will read posts and write from the hotel.
I had fun over the weekend scrolling through acres of nice clothes on eBay and found a beautiful long indigo Chanel duster to wear over a pale gold St.John knit suit, also found online, both potentially for the Spring wedding. The suit is three piece, looks new and fits perfectly. The coat has not come yet and I have my fingers crossed it will fit perfectly as well. Frugal me, with my lowball bids. That’s the only way I will ever succumb to a Chanel coat as everything I own eventually has hay or pebbles or leaves in the pockets lol this is true!
Definitely not a good steward of nice clothes.

talk to you later, dear NIRDIs <3

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Drive-by hello to all and a picture for @marcy Apricot poodles for me with Snoopy for Marcy. And who doesn’t love some croissants and cuteness?
I do hope everyone is well. I think of you all often. Wish I had more time to respond to everyone...
Be well! Xoxo
4C2ED899-82F0-4339-9BE4-C21CE7CDCF53.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@junebug17 lol right? I think I will start them in a few days. I am working my way up to the 60 mg by taking the original 30 mg dose (still have some of those left) in the AM and a 15 mg sample (6 of those 15 mg sample pills left) in the early afternoon. And when I run out of the 15 mg samples I will start the 60 mg pill in the AM.

Your Sunday with your DS sounds like you had so much fun! What a lovely weekend. And no worries about enjoying some of the Super Bowl food. You deserve it Junie! I am a carb craver as well and love love love carbs more than any other food group. And potato skins. Sigh.

It's a glorious weather day out there today....hope you enjoy it!

@Austina sounds like you are having a wonderful time on the ship. So sad about Cuba. My aunt and uncle visited Cuba as soon as the USA lifted the travel ban there and they had the most amazing time. Have a safe trip back. Cannot believe how fast the time is going and that you are already heading back. Safe travels. Thanks for the big hugs for Greg. Will do.:halo:

@marcy sorry work is still a mess but glad you met Marty for supper at one of his favorite restaurants and hope he slept better last night. I woke at 4AM (as usual) but managed to get back to sleep around 6AM until 7:30 AM so not bad for me. I'll take it. Hope your car's service goes well today and hope they comp it like they did for Junie.

@Sandeek aww croissants and poodles. That's a good way to start the morning. Thank you. Thinking of you and have a good day sweetie. (((Hugs))).

@Calliecake no honey, the boots are lost. The Quebec company emailed me and said they will refund my money. Oh well. As I wrote in a post on the previous page this is the second time I ordered these boots and something happened and they did not get delivered. Sadly I think I am going to have to stick with companies in the UK or USA because I have better luck ordering from there. Or maybe one day @canuk-gal will visit me and I can ship the boots to her haha. Though it was not the fault of the shoe company at all. It got delivered to the USA but then it just went poof and disappeared.

Glad you and J enjoyed cleaning the house together. Everything is more fun together. Did you get the flowers?

Hi @Tekate! Is your aunt OK? Please let me know. I am thinking good thoughts and hope she is safe and found. Hugs to you and hoping Chris finds a good place soon.

@AV_ hope you are having a good day and that your writing is going well. XO.

@Scandinavian I responded. Sending you hugs and good thoughts and please hug both fur babies for me. And your mom too. She's a wonderful momma.

Hi @Jimmianne! That Chanel coat sounds like the bomb. Nice find. Have a safe trip.

Yesterday after I got back from the mammo/ultrasound and after I worked out I went through my bathroom cabinets and cleared some stuff out. That felt good. Oh what an exciting life I lead.:lol:
Today I have plans with my girlfriend M so looking forward to that. It's a beautiful day. Hope everyone enjoys this Tuesday . :wavey:

Leaving you with a lovely photo my friend sent me.

Screen Shot 2019-02-05 at 8.36.31 AM.png

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Sandeek, So good to see you here. I hope you are continuing to feel better. Your babies are so precious! Their coloring is beautiful.

@marcy , Morale really takes a hit when management makes decisions like what seems to be to be happening where you work. I feel for you. It’s no fun going to work when you know people who are living paycheck to paycheck will more than likely be affected.

@missy , Glad you have a plan for taking your meds. Now fingers crossed they help you feel better. Have fun with M today. We are getting an ice storm later today. Hopefully this won’t be headed your way. Do you have a busy rest of the week? I ordered everything for the shower this weekend. I’m doing a mix of real and artificial. Hopefully my niece will have an Oooooohhh moment when she walks in the room.

@Jimmianne , Great finds on your outfit for the wedding!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Callie, I agree that things tend to work out the way they were meant to in the end. I couldn’t have kids and luckily Marty didn’t want children. That is so cute your grand niece informed you to get a new car seat for the new baby. I love it. It is nice to clean the house together - I remember those few fleeting moments when we did that - mostly when someone was on their way over at the last minute. You hit the nail on the head at work about morale. I was telling Marty I feel like this is my fault. Knowing how strict and judgmental my boss is I scored my employees more harshly than I usually do; if they had ended up 2 or 3 percentage points more they would have been fine. I don’t feel what I gave them was unfair but I didn’t want them to get dinged like this.

Jimmianne, I hope your trip to Atlanta goes well. Sounds like some awesome finds on Ebay.

Sandeek, how are you doing? I absolutely love the instagram picture you posted. Cutie puppies, Snoopy and Charlie Brown plus delicious croissants. What more could a person ask for in life?

Missy, good plan to gradually work in the higher dosage of meds. i am with you on carbs. I eat way less of them now that Marty is a healthy eater. Glad to hear you got back to sleep for a while today. Marty took one of those pm pills and slept until after 7. Sadly they did not comp my service but i remembered to take in my 10% off coupon. Darn that the boots order got cancelled, I bet you had your noodles ready to go for them. It does feel good to clean something out. Sweet. I hope you had a lovely time with your friend M. Love the picture your friend sent you.

I was glad Marty decided to go with me to Colorado because it was really foggy on the way down this morning. My bill was $880 but my 10% off coupon helped a little bit. We stopped and had lunch at our favorite restaurant down there.

Marty got me downstairs in his gym and I pressed 3 sets lifting a whopping 15 pounds and then deadlifted 3 sets pulling 35 pounds off the floor. I told him I’d go back Thursday. I am hoping my hanging on by a thread right knee and horrible left thumb joint can take it because I know it will be good for me. Now if he tries to mess with my carb / cookie consumption I might be calling him a name. :lol::twisted:

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I forgot to mention the technician working on my car sent a video that told me what they were doing to the car, showed us the tread on the tires, the brake pads and all of the undercarriage where they didn't find any visible leaking. Ooh technology.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Tekate Funny you should mention 'schedule' - here I am 4 am & squinting for stars...

@junebug17 I am sure tomorrow will be a short day, or else!

@Austina Your Shepherd is such a charmer! (says a staunch cat person who might have tagged along shepherds & their mind-reading dogs).

@missy I would not imagine handling any hormone therapy for long & can only hope that you can find a way to coax your body into it. Darned things!

(last resort measures against insomnia just brew: poppy tea)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AV, did you see any stats?

Reactions: AV_

AV_

Ideal_Rock
It is raining lightly, so I am playing with the Google star map ,)

- instead of sleeping

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@Tekate I am thinking of you dear girl and keeping good thoughts for you and your family and sending you gentle (((hugs))).

@Sandeek I hope your week is going smoothly and you are doing A OK. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. XO.

@junebug17 hope you are enjoying a lovely week. It feels a bit like Spring and I am getting Spring fever. Loving the longer days so very much. Hugs to you and Zoe.

@Calliecake I am almost sure your niece will have an ooooh moment when she sees the beautiful decor you have created just for her. Glad you got so much accomplished. Hope your ice storm wasn't bad. I don't think we are getting one coming this way. So far the weather has been very lovely. Today is cooler but still nice. Hope you are having a good week. Today depending how Greg is feeling we might go out for a bit but if we don't I might tackle my exercise room double closet. I am sort of scared to do that one though as I haven't opened it for over a decade. Not kidding. LOL. And you know me. I am not just going to toss things. I am going to have to evaluate and inspect each item despite not having seen any of those items for over 10 years. It's a huge closet and I want that space free for other things but have to make sure there is nothing in that closet that I want and need.8) What are your plans for the day?

@Scandinavian good morning sunshine. :kiss: Hugs and hope you have a nice day.

@marcy isn't it sweet what technology can do and show us? I am in awe. As long as we make technology work for us and not the other way around. I am glad Marty accompanied you to Colorado and gotta love those coupons. 10% is nothing to sneeze at. Impressive lifting all that weight in Marty's gym. I hope it helps strengthen your knee and thumb and does it's magic for you. Strength training can work wonders. You are very fortunate that you have your own personal trainer.:appl: Those boots were not OTK boots but mid calf snow/ice boots so I don't think I would have needed the noodles. But now I will never find out. Oh well. Saved a couple of hundred right there and shipping was 25$ on top of that so you can bet that money won't go to waste lol.

@AV_ that poppy tea sounds delicious and if it helps lull one to sleep sign me up.::)

@Austina hope your return trip was smooth and you are enjoying Austin right now with your DS, his FI and DH.

@PierreBear sending you more good thoughts and wishes and (((hugs))).

@Jimmianne can you share a photo of that TDF Chanel coat? You know I love Chanel.:kiss2:

I had a lovely day yesterday. M and I spent the afternoon walking around our neighborhood and visiting some of the shops and lol the anti shopper (M) bought a gorgeous long A line coat. I was tempted but refused to try it on as it is black and I do not need another black coat. However all M wears is black in her wardrobe (as the true tortured artist but she is a very happy person and not tortured at all...upbeat and enthusiastic and just wonderful) generally so she fell in love with it. It's a beauty. It was a fun day and the weather was just perfect.

Leaving you with a photo of my niece A at her concert. She is growing up fast. Still a pre teen but wow she looks like a little adult here.

Screen Shot 2019-02-06 at 7.54.14 AM.png

Have a good day girls!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Morining @missy :wavey::kiss2:

Your niece is growing up so fast! Love that picture! You should definitely take them with you when you come visit next year ;)2 LOL but not joking. Sometimes I think I would be better off throwing all my clothes and starting over, but of course that will never happen!

@Calliecake, how are you? Not freezing too much I hope? Brrrr.... It is snowing soooooo much here now! But a little less cold. I too prefer cleaning the house together. I will normally get the children involved too, just to have someone to boss around so I get less bored, LOL

@AV_ Hope the tea helped? How are you and the star map doing? We can see the stars here normally, if it ever stops snowing... But I have to admit I have never learned more than the basics.

@marcy, so so good of you to go to the gym! I hope it will make your knee better and not worse! A girl can always hope...

Another skiing competition today, for the children, not sure how we are going to get there with all this snow, even if it is just a 20 min drive... Oh well. Trying to not think about it by trying to get some work done first. Doesn't really work, because the work I'm (supposed to be) doing is super boring today. (Not really, just would prefer to be outside skiing).

Hugs!

Reactions: AV_

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning @Scandinavian! Have fun skiing today! And please drive safely...and good luck with the competition!:appl:

and haha one day we might just surprise you and tell you we are on our way...be careful what you wish for 8)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a quick update. Good morning everyone.

As Missy knows and I will give you guys a heads up on my aunt. My aunt is dying. She was diagnosed with a lung mass and kidney failure. She is home and in hospice. She refused any treatment, I wish she would have tried dialysis but it isn't for the weak imho, I am sad. very sad. I asked Elva if she wants me to come and she said no as Mary really can't speak.. hospice said days to a few weeks. But hospice said months about my mom and she died right after they came ha! my mom... no dilly dallying when it came to hospice.. she wanted nothing to do with it!..

Elva said Mary is very comfortable, I am glad, I am afraid to visit honestly, 6/12/15 Bobby died 10/3/16 Gen died, my mom died 1/8/00 and my Dad 2/13/07, I'm tired of death. Mary had last rites yesterday, now I'm not sure exactly why, I think the catholic church gives it to people who are in end stage. I do know my mother in law had last rites 2x and she's sitting in a wheelchair in Maryland going to be 100 in April, while she's not HERE at all, she is still here and healthy. bah on that. I think I am just writing gibberish and I apologize for that.

I think the real problem will be for Danny and Kate, Mary is Danny's godmother, they were very close TILL Danny married Anne, there was a scene at the wedding (I wasn't invited haha!) where Mary went bonkers yelling at Danny etc. poor Danny, he was called out by his great aunt as being selfish (he was).. so there was this huge divide between Mary and him.. Now I think Danny talked to Mary recenty and they finally cleared the air.. this all happened in 2014. Mary wrote Danny an apology, heartfelt letter, and Danny never replied to her letter and Mary carried this burden of pain I know. Let me just add here I am soooo glad Gen didn't invite me to Dan and Anne's wedding, it was at Danny and Anne's house in the Catskills and the only people there were my sister, brother in law, Katie, Mary, Elva, Dan's step daughters, Neve and Anne's parents... Anne and Dan wanted it kept small, so no old aunt Kate and Uncle John. John was really miffed that they didn't invite me, ME? I felt it was BAU with Gen and me and Mary.. them and me the way it always was and always will be except, of course they seem to be dying before me but hey who knows.J/K I hope. So hopefully Danny did talk with Mary before she got this sick, if not maybe he will go up to Mary's.. don't know.

Mary is also my only left brother Joe's godmother and he's very very VERY attached to her, Joe is 60 and a looney looney looney looney tune, and other stuff too. But I had to tell him last night and he flipped.. I dunno what is gonna happen with him.. just have to see if his caseworker at the VA calls me and tells me he's back in the mental place.. told my son's,they only met Mary and Elva a few times because we lived in Texas for 18 years almost and no one came to visit except Katie once, Mary and Elva had financial problems and also while I KNOW Mary loved me with all of her heart, she kept me at a distance because 1) I almost broke her neck when I was 19, I beat her silly and 2) I was just plainly different than she, my mom and Gen. I've said it before and say again, I was not like the rest. But Mary and I had ironed out all past problems since my mom died and I think we were close as we could be and she gave me my grandmother's sapphire and diamond engagement ring from 1926 (typical Edwardian style not art deco). She gave me her grandfather's shillelaghs and some other memento's that my grandmother prized, that was in '16 so I probably think she was aware that she was sick then, she was with my mom when my mom died of lung cancer, Mary had worked for hospice 30 years ago when she lived in FL, Mary is a smart cookie. I thought about why she was giving me this stuff but you know, I did't want to really think about it 'cause I was sad.

I told my boys, but I called Charlie, Kate and Dan's dad and told him and said I thought that they are his kids and I thought it was best from him to let them know about Mary and he agreed of course. Charlie is a swell guy. When my sister died she had this wonderful friend Nancy, Nancy was a coworker and bestie to Gen, and Nancy just died a week ago, I liked Nancy, didn't know her well but she was there for me and the kids when Gen died, she was a rock for my sister's husband and kids. Nancy died of cancer and it was a shock because she was still working etc. Nancy was especially close to Kate after Gen died and would text and email and talk over the last 2 years, it gave Katie a lot of peace she said. So my sister's kids have been thru mucho in the last few years. I haven't heard from Kate and I thought I might. Kate called me Sunday to tell me about Gen's friend's death and we talked about how Kate feels my sister was abusive in that Gen smoked with the kids in the house and in the car, she really has a bent on this.. I just say that it was Gen's only vice, she quit drinking like 37 years before she died, she was a great mom my sister was a really, really wonderful mother and Kate knows this as does Danny.

LOOONG story I guess I am just shocked.. so my aunt is ill because of smoking obviously, my mother died of smoking, my brother died of lung cancer (smoking and his job related) my sister died because she smoked.. now my Dad, he died of heart disease..AND finally Kate and Dan's dad smokes and drinks.. never ending.. both Katie and Danny quit smoking. So this is the kind of drama that happens in familes with alcohol, drug, smoking and crazyness, the damage done by this stuff is immeasurable. Oh well.

Gonna walk the dog today and decide if I will go to PA or not.

You are the best people and thank you for your friendship which today I used selfishly to 'get it al out' ... xoxoxo

Last edited:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Tekate, I am so very sorry about your aunt, it is very sad and I think somehow made even worse by all the loss you have had recently - this is probably bringing back all those emotions and memories for you. I wish I could do and say more to ease your sadness, but please know I'm thinking of you and sending you lots of love, support, and comfort. (((HUGS)))

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Tekate I am sorry...

What could you possibly do!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thinking of you Kate.

“Those who do not weep, do not see.”
― Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I’m so sorry the news is bad @Tekate, and it’s not surprising that it’s stirring up all the sadness of the past. It’s been a very rough few years for you with all the losses in your family. Take care of yourself through this difficult time.

Your niece is quite the young lady @missy , and yes, it’s pretty scary how quickly they do grow up. I’m having a hard time reconciling the fact that I’m the mother of a child nearer to 40 than 30 :shock:! Sending continued good thoughts to Greg and hoping he’s doing well. Sounds like you had a fun day with M and well done on resisting buying another coat :lol: The one advantage of downsizing was that it forced us to get rid of so much ‘stuff’ and now we don’t have the cupboard space for more. I know I have too many clothes, but I’m pretty ruthless at having a sort out regularly (so I can buy more :P2) and donating to charity.

Good luck to the munchkins @Scandinavian, all this fresh air and exercise must be wearing them out - and you too! How’s F, are the ABs working their magic?

Sounds like a great haul @Jimmianne , can’t wait to see photos of your outfit. I’ve had some fantastic finds on EBay, the best being a tomato red designer evening dress, with fish tail. Fitted like a glove, brand new, unworn with the tags on and cost less than $15!
Ofcourse now, I’d look like an overstuffed sausage in it :lol: I’ll have to see if it fits Kim.

Great that everything with your car was fine @marcy, always a good feeling when there are no unexpected expenses. Sorry that work is such a pain with everything that’s going on, doesn’t make for a happy environment. Hope Marty is feeling better and had a good nights slep.

That is such a cute picture @Sandeek . Hope you’re continuing to heal and feeling better each day.

Thank you @AV_ Harry loved everybody, whether they wanted him to or not :lol:

No need for apologies @Calliecake , Harry looked very different when he was clipped, which he was most of the time.

IMG_0611.JPG

He was very affectionate, and would stick his tongue in your ear :lol:

I’m glad you found such a lovely DH who wanted you just for you. It’s always sad when people who want children can’t have them, as things turned out, it was practically a miracle that we were able to have one. I’m sure your family feel blessed that you’re such a wonderful Aunt.

How’re things with you @junebug17 ? Are you keeping up with the gym and classes? I know I’m going to be aching everywhere when I get back to Pilates.

Yesterday was a long day, our driver turned up an hour early, so we were at the airport way before we needed to be. After finding the gate, they then changed it, and we must’ve walked the entire length of the terminal to find the new one. We sat on the plane for an hour and a half because they needed a replacement first officer, so by the time we landed, collected the car and got to Adams, it was nearly 7pm.

I’ve got a stinking cold, too many people coughing and sneezing without covering their mouths :x2 I don’t actually feel unwell, just full of snot :D

Now to remove that horrible vision from your minds, I’ll leave you with a photo taken while we were sailing to Cuba. I don’t usually drink champagne early afternoon, but the butler insisted, and it would’ve been rude not to, right? :roll2:

AFDAC773-6513-42F3-B728-C36C6015C213.jpeg

Attachments

• E103140A-E488-421E-A3F6-1F02D680E2AA.jpeg
    E103140A-E488-421E-A3F6-1F02D680E2AA.jpeg
    108.4 KB · Views: 52
  • CAAE75E3-DCA0-4F1B-9198-E756621E2D89.jpeg
    CAAE75E3-DCA0-4F1B-9198-E756621E2D89.jpeg
    81.8 KB · Views: 49
  • 7B917243-5973-4DAB-A834-065D298ACBF7.jpeg
    7B917243-5973-4DAB-A834-065D298ACBF7.jpeg
    135.2 KB · Views: 53

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

AV, we aren’t seeing any stars here either. Stupid snow.

Missy, it is nice to have longer days. I left work about 4:40 so it would still be light out and it was fine that late. No more sneaking off early. Darn. Your exercise closet sounds as challenging to clean out as the closet in our back spare bedroom. It was my shove it in here spot when we moved in 6 years ago and more things have been added on a regular basis. I love those bonus coupons; i had a 15% off for my constellation books and was glad because they sure have gone up in cost since I quit teaching 6 years ago. Ouch. Yes, I am sure your boot and shipping money won’t go to waste. Sweet more shopping. Yes, I am lucky to have my own personal trainer. Let’s hope it works out. I am glad you had a nice day with your friend M. Your niece is lovely and yes she is growing up.

Scandi, i am definitely hoping the strength training will help my knees. I plan on giving it a chance. How much snow did you get? How was the competition and be careful out there.

Kate, i am so sorry to hear about your Aunt Mary. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts. It is so hard and I am sorry to hear how many of your loved ones are gone. Hugs to you! Something you mentioned about maybe your Aunt Mary knew she was sick; I thought the same thing about my dad. All of a sudden he started labeling things and writing in a notebook who he wanted to have certain things. He had me come over and go over everything with him as far as his accounts, bills, etc. You wonder if they have some inkling; it’s hard to say. Wishing you peace.

Austina, that’s a bargain for a designer dress. I should check Ebay more often. Right now the only clothes I want is something that keeps me warm. I am so sorry you got a cold. Darn. Feel better soon. What a challenging day you had getting to Austin but I am glad you finally made it there. You look beautiful and of course I noticed Bella right away. Mm champagne.

I am a little today achy but don’t hurt bad anywhere. #Ididn’tdie I honestly thought my horrible knee felt slightly better today.

We ended up with about 4” of snow. It’s icy as crud out there. Driving home my car said -1 and we are expecting -35 wind chill tonight. Marty moved his laptop upstairs today and cranked on the fireplace. Our basement is about 15 degrees cooler than our main floor. Sadly my clean car is now covered in snow and ice. Rats.

I would have made my Uber drive me to work this morning but he was still asleep when I left. I already asked me to take me tomorrow. I’ll wake him up if he isn’t getting around by 7. Ha!

I picked up my constellation book last night. It looked great. When I was putting them away in my back bedroom - yes the room I need to clean out - I noticed I only had 25 books. I called them this morning and they found them under the counter. With this snowy, cold weather they may be there a few day.

If anyone of you want the links to my book and star maps let me know. I posted them online as pdf. it is basic, beginning astronomy.

Take Care,
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
#Ilovechocolatechipcookies
51329553_2043969442338320_8782735055442149376_n.jpg

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Tekate , I’m so sorry about your aunt. You have been through so much the past few years and as @junebug17 said, this will probably bring a flood of emotions and memories from the losses of other family members. Families are complicated. Please take care of yourself and each other. Know we are here if you need to talk. Sending you hugs Kate.

@missy, It sounds like you had a fun afternoon with M. Your niece is lovely and you are right, they do grow up way too fast. Did you tackle the closet or go out and have fun?

@Austina , You are beautiful! Have a wonderful time with Kim and Adam. I’m excited to hear about the wedding planning. Harry looks like he was a sweetheart.

@junebug17 I hope you are having a good week.

@Scandinavian , I hope you had a great afternoon and your children enjoyed the ski competition. Did you get your work out at the competition?
You are a good mom Scandi! It’s been warmer here the past few days.

@marcy, It must be great to have your own personal trainer! I LOL when I read you told Marty you’d be back on Thursday. Be careful driving to work tomorrow.

@av, I hope work is going well this week.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

Good morning @junebug17 hope you are having a good week.

@Tekate thinking of you. (((hugs))).

@Austina beautiful photo. You look so glamorous and happy and relaxed. That's the way life should be. Glorious.:kiss2:
Hope you wake up and your cold is gone.

@Sandeek how's it going and how are you feeling? Sending you healing vibes and good thoughts and lots of hugs.

@marcy haha love that Snoopy. Glad you got to leave work a bit early and I am enjoying the longer days for sure.

I just got notification my boots are scheduled for delivery today. Umm I have gone down this road before but let's see. It was in Brooklyn on January 24th but then disappeared but the USPS says it is back in brooklyn due for delivery today. OK. Either way. Hope work goes smoothly today.

Lucky girl having your own personal trainer. I would love that. When I had my own physical therapist (when I was rehabbing from my broken leg and surgery) I enjoyed having the personal one on one while doing exercises. Victor. He was very nice too. He has since moved to Oregon to open his own business I believe. Anyway enjoy the one on one training. Strength training is super important especially as we get older and it is always for me the least fun to do generally. I am a cardio girl. Well hardly a girl but it's a figure of speech.:lol:

Marcy you sure got a lot of snow. How is the snow situation this morning? Winter has stuck hard by you. And yes please wake Marty up this morning. Uber Marty is ready to serve.:halo:

Hi @AV_ happy Thursday.

@Calliecake Greg and I went out and enjoyed a lovely afternoon. He is feeling much better thankfully. We found a new pawn shop not too far from us but all they had was (IMO) junky jewelry. Mall quality. But it was fun and they invited us to their grand opening party this Friday but I am doubtful we will go. Maybe.

Today might be the day I tackle that huge closet that is a bit scary. Greg said he would help me. :appl:
Have a good day ladies!:wavey:

Leaving you with a photo of a beautiful sky at the beach. A lovely winter scene.

beachskywinter.jpg.png

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous picture Missy. My Uber is getting dressed. It’s only -12. I don’t know the wind chill. Yippee.

Have a great day. Will catch up tonight.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, you have a good plan for taking the new dose and I do hope you can tolerate it and you start feeling better. That very warm day was great, wasn't it? Of course it's cooler now but as long as we stay away from -12 I'll be happy lol. I guess one good thing about frigid weather is it makes 40 degrees feel like Spring ha! I'm glad Greg is feeling better. And how great he's going to give you a hand with the closet...definitely makes that chore more fun, and easier too. Hopefully your boots show up at some point. Your friend's picture is amazing :love: And I love your pic of the winter sky at the beach, SO gorgeous! Omygosh, your niece really is growing up! She is such a lovely young lady, inside and out.

@Jimmianne, I hope your trip to Atlantic is going well. Your suit sounds beautiful and I hope you love the Chanel duster. Great finds!

@Sandeek, that pic is adorable! Thinking of you and hope your days are going well <3

@Calliecake, I agree, cleaning is a lot more pleasant, and goes more quickly, when doing it together. I think that's true for grocery shopping too LOL; takes the drudgery out of it. Sounds like your niece's shower is going to turn out beautifully! You have such great taste and I know she is going to love the decorations.

@marcy, so nice that Marty went with you for the car service; always nice to have company and how fun you guys went out to lunch too. How cool they sent you a video of the service. Hmm, sounds like I'm not going to be comped the next time haha! I'm going to have to make sure I don't lose that coupon. Try not to be hard on yourself about your employees. I'm sure you were fair and you had no idea this was down the road. Good job on the weight training and it really is great that you have your very own personal trainer :kiss2: It's perfect that you feel a bit achy but not overly so, you don't want to overdo it! LOL to your hashtag. Wow, so sorry about all the snow and the cold weather, be careful. And thank goodness you counted the number of books ;how frustrating they didn't check that themselves, sheesh.

@av, you made me smile with your comment about a schedule, and looking for stars at 4 am! :D I hope you enjoyed your short day and did something enjoyable. I've never heard of poppy tea, sounds interesting and I will try to find it! I have been drinking chamomille tea lately to help me relax.

@Scandinavian, hope the skiing competition went well, and be careful driving in all that snow. LOL to bossing the kids, I'm guilty of bossing dh a little too haha - and I better be careful or he'll quit!

@Austina, love the pic of you, you look so beautiful. And thank you so much for taking us along on your cruise, I have really enjoyed the pics and hearing about your travels. And btw Bella and your marquise look fabulous! :love: Ugh, sorry about the long travel day, I know how exhausting that is. And oh no to having a cold, I'm glad you're not feeling too bad but I hope it clears up soon for you.

@Tekate, thinking of you, so sorry you're going through such a difficult time. Xxx

Not much going on here...I've been doing some deep cleaning, which basically means doing more than the quick wipe-down I usually do! Feels good to have things neater and cleaner but I'm exhausted from it ha. I'll probably do a bit more today, and catch up on some laundry.

Have a great day all!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
To answer for poppy seed tea:

It is not - that kind of poppy, and it does relax. It is a mild thing, like all of the plant remedies (all caveats apply: there can be too much of a good thing & who knows what it can do). I took to it because it is poppy seeds in another form but the poppy seed cake I absolutely adore! (that is a mass of crushed poppy seeds, a little egg and suggar, allot or chopped raisins & heat - a little or no flour; the tea is a slight dosis by comparison)

I cake takes the cake! (this and an also flowerless dark chocolate thing are top of my list, aside sorbet and gelatto... - which will be dinner, now that I got thinking of them...)

_

I will hear where my work is going next week (very likely), so count me half-dead till then. (this happens often, however)

_
Re. Stars: I just got to open the subject... and I am finding out that stargazing is practically an industry nearby because of the dearth of articial light in reasonably accessible areas. I can't remember when I could see the Milky Way last time! (Granada is certainly not dark by night & quite smoggy for being caught in a narrow valley with idiosyncratic winds: I get to see all the city & its gray cap through the window)

_
arrgh... the dread of real things!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi there @junebug17 and @marcy and @AV_ :wavey:

@junebug17 Junie, sounds like a good plan for the day and don't over do but yes it feels so good to accomplish that. And yes the negative temps make days like today seem downright balmy lol. I will take it. Thank you for your lovely comments about my nieces. They really are lovely young ladies. Thank you. (((Hugs))).

@marcy glad Uber Marty is on the job. Have a good day at work and look forward to catching up with you later. XO.

@AV_ thank you for the poppy seed tea recipe. Appreciate it. Same here with stars. We don't generally see them. Too many lights interfere. Even at the beach house since the NYC skyline is right across the water.

My boots have finally arrived. The box is beat up but they are A-OK. Shout out to @canuk-gal and a big thank you for recommending Olang. They are super cute and functional. They will be great on ice. A little pictorial for your enjoyment.

Beat up box:

beatupbox.png

olangbox.png

My dh taking it out of the package:

olangbootsred.png

Modeling it in my workout clothes:lol:
olangbootswearing.jpg.png

and finally the little ice picks on the bottom useful for walking in icy conditions and the main reason (besides the cute red color) that I bought these.

icepicksolang.png

And @Tekate sending you more (((hugs))) and love. Thinking of you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results