carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@Sandeek I'm so sorry you are experiencing complications and hope your doctors are taking good care of you and that you are on your way to feeling much better very soon despite the complications. So so sorry and remember this is just a setback one of many which you have experienced but you will prevail and overcome and recover and heal and feel well again. Sending you so many (((HUGS))) and so much love and buckets and buckets of healing vibes.

@junebug17 that ring looks like it was made for you. Beautiful on your finger and what a blingy impact. And I am with you. That low profile is just dreamy. The perfect holiday gift. I am glad you are pleased with all the instructors at your new gym and that you had a good yoga class despite a bit of wobbliness. I hear you on the wobbly and the yoga and other classes will help that for sure. Are you taking any Pilates classes? I really love (reformer not floor) Pilates. I feel very zen while doing it yet still get a good workout. LOL I know right? Cats and keyboards. I think they are heat seeking animals and go wherever there is any heat including our electronics. Haha. Good luck making all the necessary appointments you need to make and also good luck wrapping gifts. You're ahead of the game Junie! And thank you for your comforting words about our friend.

@Jimmianne good for you letting the in laws to be plan most of the wedding. You're right that planning from 4500 miles away is challenging and we all know weddings can be challenging to plan under the best of circumstances so from that far away it's better for the planners to be local. And writing the checks are incredibly valuable so I am sure everyone involved is pleased. Safe journey and I will be thinking of you and hoping the mess in Paris is resolved at least somewhat. Good for you selling some bling to a fellow European. Nice going getting rid of what you don't wear. I admire you for that. One day maybe I can be that mature lol. Need to let some of the bling go.

@marcy we have lots in common that is true. Glad Marty had permission to use your Porsche. You are a good wife. Fantastic news about your clean dental report. Sweet. No cavities no problems. That's what I like to hear. Glad you got to the office on time and got to meet Marty for dinner too. You got a lot accomplished. Thanks for your kind words about our friend. I agree the Memorial Service will be sad but comforting.

@PierreBear welcome back and glad you had a wonderful visit with your family and a lovely vacation. Looking forward to hearing all about it.

@Tekate speaking of vacations hope you are having a great time on yours. And keep the photos coming. Enjoying them.

@AV_ well you might not have been looking in earnest but perhaps it is a sign? I am big on signs. And yes Christmas is the time for (happy) delusion(s). Glad you got so much accomplished at work and now hope you can focus on getting some restorative sleep very soon.

@Austina LOL gate gate and I am with Jimmianne...looking forward to when it becomes party gate hahaha. Smart to wait till after your cruise is over and you can focus on it and in the meantime you will enjoy your cruise knowing the matter is resolved financially and all you have to do is just have it fixed. Getting the money was the hard part. Glad you enjoyed Pilates. And thank you for the wise words about J. More on that below.

Yes I am sure we will find out some things about J that even we did not know. Greg had been friends with him for well over 35 years and he was the first friend of Greg's I ever met. And as I wrote my favorite of all his friends and he was my friend for over 20 years. I wake up thinking about J and go to bed thinking about J. Not healthy but there it is. It's always sad when a loved one dies but when one dies too early that is more than sad, it's tragic. But that is life. It's the randomness of it sometimes that makes it hard to bear. But bear it we must. Anyway he has been on my mind so much and while I am not looking forward to the memorial in a way I am as you write because maybe it will lend some comfort and closure though with death is there ever really closure for those living? I still mourn my grandmother and my Billy boy so much and the pain in my heart still feels so fresh and intense at times still.

Hope everyone has a lovely day and thinking of you dear @Sandeek and praying your complications resolve and that you are feeling much better very soon. I am here for you if you want to talk/email/text anything. You are on my mind and sending lots and lots of healing vibes your way. You're gonna be A OK but the road to full recovery is challenging and I am so sorry you are going through all of this still. (((HUGS))).

Reactions: AV_
P

PierreBear

Hello ladies! Pardon me for trying to catch up with you all. Apologies if anyone is missed and not being fully caught up on all the great information missed while I was out. Travels overseas was memorable to say the least. There were some ups and downs of course. From our baggage getting delayed, challenges with my mom, helping her clean out her apartment and taking her to dr appointments was wonderful, fighting heat exhaustion in Cambodia, sight seeing the beautiful temples in Cambodia, enjoying all the fruit in south east Asia, the inexpensive massages, great food, and also not so great food that caused tummy problems… hahaha. It was a great vacation and no matter what happened, the one on one time with DH was priceless. However, it’s also wonderful to be back. So very thankful for the simple things from clean air to streets without trash and debris. Where did the time go?! I can’t believe Christmas is right around the corner…. Hope ya’ll have a great week!

@marcy – Great job on having those clean and healthy teeth. It’s always so nice to have rapport and relationships with those you see routinely.

@Sandeek – Just saying hello! Hope all is well!

@Jimmianne – Congrats on selling your ring to another PSer. How neat you found a signet ring with your initials on it. I love the profile of it!

@junebug17 – Oh my goodness, your ring is gorgeous! Hurray for an early Christmas present. Do you plan on wearing it solo or RHR or with your beautiful Ering?

@Austina – Hope you had a great time at pilates. No wonder you always look so cute and great in your dresses!

@missy – Sorry to hear about the passing of your friend. Hope the memorial service is a time of celebrating life.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's!

Missy, Marty thinks he can take my Porsche when he wants to - he acts like he's paying for it or something. The nerve of some people. :lol: I did have a busy day yesterday and an awful night's sleep. Hope tonight goes better.
I am sure your thoughts are always on J; he has been a part of your life for a long time. I hope your many special memories bring you some peace. I think you are right; there is never really closure when we lose someone we love. I'm here anytime you want to talk.

PierreBear, your trip to Cambodia sounds wonderful and challenging. Marty has a good friend in Atlanta that was born in Cambodia. His parents were ambassadors in Russia then wound up in NYC. This guy and his sister applied for and received U.S. citizenship. He's so interesting to talk to about the U.S. since he has a totally outside perspective. He's very short and small for a guy and a total health nut. I think he is what started Marty down that path. He spent the weekend with us a few times and he must have eaten 20 of my chocolate chip cookies. I figured from his size and hardly ever eating sugar he was buzzing for days after all of those cookies.

My right knee was absolutely screaming at me all night last night. I got up once and took Advil, then later put on some aspercreme. It was pretty bad this morning to the point I thought i might stay home but the more I moved around it at least loosened up. It got bad again about 4. It can't take not moving for long but then again gets agitated standing on it for long as well. Two of my employees have bad knees so I told them today we should sing "All I want for Christmas is 2 good knees". :D

I wrote out my Christmas cards for work tonight. I have a few packages to wrap for Marty and friends then I'm done other than baking.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We had a fabulous sunrise today. I was limping around the house but I am still going to go check out the sky.
IMG_1268.jpg

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful sunrise! I do not see too many of those ,) Just typed through an invisible sunrise: thick fog just got lit & no more.

...a good friend in Atlanta that was born in Cambodia. His parents were ambassadors in Russia then wound up in NYC. This guy and his sister applied for and received U.S. citizenship. He's so interesting to talk to about the U.S. since he has a totally outside perspective.

Let me say this much: I had joined PS to figure out what this odd idea of 'engagement' is about. Every little thing was different, and this was obviously a Big Deal. On the contrary - diamonds do make sense.

Last edited:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@AV_ Glad you got so much accomplished at work and now hope you can focus on getting some restorative sleep very soon.

NIRDI indeed! Now I really did it...
I am left with quite allot on my hands from the mentioned meeting, to be done now - if not yesterday. Good to know dreams are possible: all at once - work, home & - a blue-black stone to peer into!? (you must have noticed that I am ditthering allot about jewelry & wearing next to nothing; until the dark violet-gray spinel came up here these days, making it crystal clear to me that I could well have the colours of my favorite paintings caught in a stone - the stuff are the seascapes of Vlaminck, with their deep teal-blue-blacks that spinel does well in fine crystal clarity - as nothing else does, IHMO)

Ohhhh... ramble!

startign the day, having caught enough of the fog to flatten my hair & get my skin stinging ...

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@marcy I am sorry your knee is bothering you...I hate that you are dealing with this chronic issue and hope you are feeling much less pain today. Have you tried CBD oil or cream? It seems to help Greg and also what helps Greg a lot are doing certain strengthening exercises on his TRX trainer. He was just telling me last night how amazing it is re helping his knee and he has significant pain and as you might remember no cartilage left in either knee. Of course the relief might be temporary but any relief is good. Let me know if you want me to send you a description of the exercises on the TRX. It is not an expensive piece of equipment and Greg raves about it. LOL and Harrumph to Mr Marty thinking he can do what he pleases re your Porsche...he has his own car to have fun with and perhaps needs reminding of that every now and then. :P2 Though if he is willing to chauffeur you around I would be A OK with him borrowing the car whenever especially with winter knocking at our door. Gorgeous sunrise Marcy. Nice you are ahead of schedule re Christmas cards and gifts and just have some more baking to do. I filled out all our building staff cards including their cash gifts last night and will hand them out as I see the staff. It usually takes a few weeks since we are going away for a couple of weeks inevitably there are staff I don't get to until the new year. It's OK no one is left out.

@PierreBear what a lovely vacation despite the challenges and so glad you were able to catch up and spend time with your mom and had quality time with your DH. And yes it makes one appreciate how great life is here really compared to so many other places. Welcome back home and looking forward to hearing about your upcoming baking adventures.

@AV_ I don't wear much bling myself and in fact most days (when I am home) wear absolutely no bling. Haha I just like buying bling (and other things). Hope you are accomplishing necessary tasks from the meeting and beyond and remember one day at a time. Yesterday is gone and today is a new day. Don't stress yourself with too much on any given day. We are only human. Funny the fog fattens my hair not flattens it and sorry about the stinging too...hope your day goes smoothly blingful or blingless and that you accomplish exactly what you want to and need to accomplish. And never worry about rambling here...that's what we do here. ;-)

@Sandeek how are you feeling today? Thinking of you and sending (((hugs))) and healing vibes. These are for you.

hugcats.gif

polarbearhugs.gif

and there's lots more where that came from...please know we are here for you and keeping you in our thoughts and prayers. Hoping today is a good day.

So last night Greg rebuilt a stereo system and the sound was impressive. I think this stereo is from the 70s and it hasn't worked for decades.

Screen Shot 2018-12-13 at 7.47.35 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-13 at 7.47.42 AM.png

The week is speeding by at a dizzying rate and I cannot believe tomorrow is Friday.
Enjoy a lovely Thursday girls and sending hugs to all of you.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Nirdis!

Don't have a lot of time right now but wanted to pop in quickly and touch base with everyone -

@missy, sending strength and positive thoughts to you and Greg, losing a long term friend is a major and very difficult thing and I know it's very hard and upsetting for you both. Keeping you in my thoughts, (((hugs))).

Thanks for the compliments on the ring, I'm glad you like it. I haven't tried the Pilates class with the reformer yet but I do want to. So far I have been taking Pilates classes. I *think* I'm getting a little stronger from these various classes, some of the moves don't seem quite so hard...although still plenty challenging lol. Wow, impressive that Greg was able to fix the stereo! My brother had a very similar one when I was a teenager, so your pic brings back memories. And yes, of course it's the heat from the laptop that attracts the kitties, how dumb of me! No wonder Zoe isn't too impressed with the ipad keyboard ha.

@marcy, glad to hear you had a good dental check-up. I am so sorry about your knee pain, and that it kept you up at night. I really hope it eases up for you soon. It's great you are almost done with your Christmas chores. Beautiful sunrise pic :love:

@av, how great you were pleasantly surprised by the house quotes, do you think you will be making a purchase soon? Good luck with your work and I hope you can manage to get a little rest too. I love violet - gray spinels!!! Mysterious and moody, and beautiful in an unconventional way...and on a more practical note, I wear a lot of gray lol! I'm in love with mrs-b's ring over in SMTB.

@Sandeek I'm so sorry about the setback and I hope you recover soon, hang in there...I'm keeping you in my thoughts.

@PierreBear, so great to have you back! I'm glad you enjoyed your trip, sounds like you had had some good experiences. But yes, also nice to be back home after all the adventure! Thanks for the nice words about the ring, I think I will mostly wear it as a wedding ring - I think it will be a nice alternative for those days I want to keep it a bit more simple but still wear some bling.

@Jimmianne, you are probably in the midst of packing and I am wishing you a smooth and uneventful trip!

Ok, I better sign off, I want to make a class and then I have some errands to do, I'm noticing a tendency to put things off and I'm going to get something accomplished today!

have a great day everyone! Xxx

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Where are the days going?:eek2:

I’m so sorry you’ve had a set back @Sandeek I really hope you can get your recovery back on track so that you can start the new year moving forward.

I really do love your ring @junebug17 I think it’s the kind of piece you’ll get so much wear out of. I hope you got all your errands done to and got to class. I do think you’ll soon notice the benefits from Pilates, I really enjoy my weekly sessions.

Ugh @marcy I’m really sorry your knee is being so bothersome. My right knee has come out in sympathy, and has been giving me gip (as we say here). I think it’s the cold and am hoping it’s not the start of arthritis. I’m glad you managed to get some relief, but the interrupted sleep is a bummer.

Your sunrise photo is stunning. You sound like you’re really on top of things for Christmas, it’ll soon be upon us :shock:

Do you think you’ll take the plunge and buy a property soon @av-? You sound like you’re really busy at the moment. Oooo a spinel, that sounds really pretty and unusual.

Welcome back @PierreBear, you’ve had quite an adventure, but the jetlag’s not much fun. I hope you’re sleeping well and catching up with the time zone.

Bon voyage @Jimmianne, hope you have an uneventful journey tomorrow with no delays en route.

One thing’s for sure @missy Greg will never be bored when he retires! Wow, his list of talents is endless, how clever to be able to fix the stereo.
Is the memorial service tomorrow, I’m sorry if I’ve got that wrong, I hope it all goes well, and is a fitting tribute to your friend.

The day ran away with me yesterday, and I had the Pilates Christmas party in the evening. I got Colin to drop me off (and collect me) as I’ve had trouble parking at the venue before, and I certainly didn’t want to have to park away and walk.

Another busy day today, after walking Dottie, we went shopping, had to go to 2 supermarkets to get everything we needed. Then I had to stop off to buy a gift card for our Pilates teacher. It was 2.30pm before we had lunch.

It was freeeezing here today, really biting cold, just hope we don’t get snow.

I must be getting old, one night out on a ‘school day’ and I’m pooped :lol:

Keep safe and warm :wavey:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy, @Austina, @junebug17

Thank you for keeping up with my ramble!

You sure are right to say that I am overwhelmed. There is too much happening with work to commit to what will be a definitive house buy today. What I want is a traditional house with no substantial alterations (it is not a great idea to combine current and old materials - which is in line with my wishes), but in good condition - which liikely means at least rebuilding the roof on any of the options I have seen; re-finishing the interior & dealing with technical possibilities for heating etc. I am quite happy doing & supervising such work, the potential contractor & team are people I have known for years, so I am looking forward to the operation - a sort of party (that I'll be paying for!). SUM: NOT the sort of thing to do for Christmas. (I am certainly smiling while typing this ,) - long overdue!)

Between now & then, there is still a chance that I will have to move for work, to be close, at least temporarily, to a lab elsewhere in Europe... No, I do not like the idea, but the work does matter to me more than owning a house; I have made this choice quite a few times already without giving a second thought to anything... Now, the 'second thought' of home is the first.

I will not be happy to have to move.
_

Arrgh, cold day ahead, they say! I'll surely be burried happily at the library, looking forward to a walk around lunch...

& will be back to PS hoping to hear from you & from @Sandeek !

Last edited:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

AV, I totally try to catch every sunrise and sunset. Luckily I have a good view in the morning; not so much in the evening. Isn’t that gray spinel ring gorgeous? I didn’t think the color sounded appealing until I saw it.. Definitely all of the colors in nature can be found in our gemstones. It’s tough to find the perfect house. Good luck with that and definitely I hope you don’t have to move.

Missy, what is CBD oil? I am delighted to hear that helps Greg’s knee and his strengthening exercises are helping. I am going to have Marty show me a few beginner things soon. My knee was better today or more back to a normal level. Marty is always willing to be my uber if he is in town; especially since he gets to keep the Porsche all day. That is so nice of you and Greg to give all of the building staff some cash at Christmas. That is always the right size. That’s great Greg rebuilt a stereo. Thank you for the link.

Junebug, thank you and I was relieved my knee was better today. I think you’ll enjoy having your pretty new ring to wear as your wedding ring. When I was on jury duty I left my ering at home and wore one of my wedding bands; I didn’t mind just wearing a band at all.

Austina, I can’t believe 2018 is almost over. The days do fly by. That’s nice of your knee to join me in sympathy pains but I feel bad for you. I hope it’s better now. I have degenerative arthritis in my knees but the right knee is worse. Thank you, I love the cloudy mornings when we get colorful sunrises. I am glad you have personal chauffeur service too; that does come in handy. Stay warm.

My boss took us out to lunch today. It was nice. We tried a new restaurant and it was pretty good. Two of my co-workers ordered French Dip sandwiches; I am definitely trying that the next time I go there.

Marty has been having insomnia problems this week so wanted me to pick up supper on my way home tonight. He picked chicken tenders and a Frosty so I gladly bought the same thing for me. Of course he wanted so many chicken tenders I had to wait for them to cook them all but at least I knew it was fresh.

I am taking Monday and Tuesday off next week. I’d take off the entire week but it is appraisal time and I’ll need to get those done and turned in to my boss.

Take care.
Marcy

AV_

Ideal_Rock
... all of the colors in nature can be found in gemstones

True enough. I am a fan of the old names for ruby & sapphire types, taking after flowers & birds & whatnot; it is the way I am thinking of colours I wish to live with: the sea at night, the sky in summer - are more on my mind than peacock tails; the 'whiskey' colour tradition sounds good too: I love the stuff & cannot quite handle it ,) KWIM

-

Good to hear that you will get time off - it is exactly what the end of year should be for...

starting the day

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Leaving soon for the beach house but just wanted to check in with you and say good morning.

@junebug17 lol those kitties are heat seeking missiles and you are so NOT dumb. And haha yeah they dont seem to care for the small iPad as much as the bigger laptop. Send your brother's stereo over here and Greg will do his best to fix it. Hope you enjoyed your exercise class yesterday and got to run all the errands you needed to...have a wonderful Friday Junie!

@marcy I am going to link you to what CBD is because it will be clearer to you than me trying to explain it at 6AM in the morning and I need more caffeine before I can form complete sentences haha.
https://www.cbdoilusers.com/cbd-oil-buyers-guide/

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/319475.php

Glad your knee is feeling better and hope that continues!
And yes to Marty being a good Uber. He and Greg have that in common and being in the city I cannot remember the last time I drove. I really need to get behind the wheel again so I don't lose what little driving skills I have. Yay for taking Monday and Tuesday off next week. Lovely long weekend. Sweet.

@Austina the service is Sunday. I can barely remember our schedule so please no worries about not being able to keep it straight. Hope all is well by you and that you are not wearing yourself out too much with the holidays prep. And I hear you re school night lol. If I am out past 7PM it wipes me out hahaha not exaggerating. Glad you enjoyed the Christmas party and that Colin dropped you off. That's exactly the way we do it too when parking is challenging which it is all over NYC tbh. I don't mind walking in the better weather but no thanks in this cold weather. Hope you do not get snow. We had flurries for an hour or so yesterday but thankfully nothing stuck. And it is warming up now but rain in forecast. I'll take rain over snow any day. Have a good Friday Austina.

@AV_ sorry so much is happening with work preventing you from purchasing a home at this point but eventually the right time will present itself and you will know when that is. It's a big commitment but one that I strongly recommend doing when you can...a home can be the best investment one ever makes IMO. But of course it depends where you live and I know nothing about real estate by you so feel free to ignore my advice as well intentioned as it is. You know what they say about good intentions hahaha. And yes you want a home with good bones and the rest you can take care of in due time...there is no such thing as a "perfect" home but rather one that is more perfect for you than another and also perfect *is* the enemy of good. I always try remembering that. Hope your Friday goes smoothly.

@Jimmianne safe travels my dear and wishing you a wonderful trip. Bon voyage and hugs.

@Sandeek thinking of you and hoping you are back on the road to smoother recovery and that your setback has been resolved. We are keeping you in our thoughts and sending hugs your way. Please don't hesitate to reach out. I do not have your contact info but I am easily reached and if I can do anything for you please do not hesitate to contact me. I mean that sincerely. (((Hugs))).

Greg has (through security camera footage) identified some of our ferals and happily there are a few left from our original bunch a few years ago...Squirt, Rootbeer, Fresca, Tux and maybe another one or two and of course lots of new ferals we have to name as Greg is keeping track of them. Leaving for the beach house soon with all our kitties in tow. We may not be back till 2019 but we will see how it goes. Always an adventure and never dull no matter the day. Wishing you all a lovely day and "see" you later. XOXO.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, how are your knees this morning. It hurts just to think of them and I hate that you are struggling, but hope the improvement continues. Glad you are taking a few days off!

Austina, nuts to have terrible weather. Are you ready for Christmas?

June, you sound busy and upbeat. I am procrastipacking. Which means I have a boatload of stuff to do, but I am here on PS instead.

Missy, is there anything that man can’t do?! Please tell him hi from an awestruck admirer.
I bought theee pair of tights yesterday and thought of « tights and tunics » you. One pair is velvet with Santa’s and candy canes! Pretty stylish LOL

Hi AV : )

Sandeek....(((gentle hugs))).

Tekate, enjoying your trip??

Sharon, where are you?

Who am I forgetting.

DD went to Paris to the Embassy this week. Smart girl didn’t tell me until she had been and come back. The paperwork for a foreigner marrying a french citizen is OTT. All the way to Paris (and the expenses that involves) for one piece of paper proving she is not already married. I had to order a new copy of her birth certificate, mail it one place, get it back, and mail it to another before mailing it to some desk in France. THAT kind of stuff. Blah blah blah .

My new old ring didn’t come! A week late due to postal slowness and I won’t see it until I get back. But I’m excited because in my bling surfing online, I found a fabulous estate dealer less than an hour from me in France. You know where I’ll be going next week : )
The need for new bling is suddenly urgent LOL. I blame y’all, and thank you kindly. xx

Thanks, Missy. Enjoy the beach house and your sweet feral babies.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought theee pair of tights yesterday and thought of « tights and tunics » you. One pair is velvet with Santa’s and candy canes! Pretty stylish LOL

Hahaha we are leggings sisters pawsitively santalicious.
Meoowwwww santa paws. Photo of your please...

santaleggings.jpg.png

Glad your DD's trip to the embassy went smoothly and haha yes to her waiting to let you know so you wouldn't worry needlessly. Sorry your old new ring didn't arrive but something to look forward to upon your return. Ooh how exciting about the estate dealer not far from you in France. Wish I could join you in those adventures!

yes and @canuk-gal where are you? Missing you and hoping all is well and that life is just busy with the holidays and all. Thinking of you and sending (((hugs))).

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy
The stuff I am after is inexpensive for a reson: there is no market. Good Old Europe... I'll be stuck with what I am buying - not that it would be a serious problem, fingers crossed.

I need to be in better shape to think life through. (or follow up properly with NIRDIs! ... not that I don't wish)

Thanks for a good lesson re. herding cats properly!

@Jimmianne Darn paperwork! Don't want to think of mine... but should. What you recount is that much worse than anything I ought to do.

TBC

P

PierreBear

Happy Friday friends! Hope ya’ll are staying warm… it’s so windy over here today. Making a quick trip to Dallas for a funeral. My cousin’s grandmother (not blood related) passed away. She’s seen me grow up since I was a little girl since I was always at their house playing all the time. Will be celebrating her life… can you believe she was 104 or 105? Enjoy the weekend and hope ya’ll finish up all that Christmas shopping.

@Jimmianne – Oh just saw that your profile icon changed. Beautiful dog! Sorry that your bling didn’t come in on time. Fingers cross that it comes without further delay.

@missy – Safe travels and so sweet that you name your feral cats. We temporarily had one in our backyard but never came back. We nicknamed him Jean Claude Van Damme since he was so much tougher than our indoor kitty and was so quick to jump throughout the backyard.

Woah!! Greg is so talented to fix a stereo. I wouldn’t even know where to start on diagnosing. It looks so intimidating!

@marcy – Sorry to hear about Marty’s insomnia problems. Is there something that is keeping him up at night? Try some melatonin? Hope he’s doing ok!

Marty’s Cambodian friend sounds like a very interesting person. My kind of guy who loves to eat chocolate chips too. hahaha… yes it is nice for other people to share their perspectives. I learned much about what it was like to be a “monk” in Cambodia. I put that in quotes as it wasn’t as spiritual as I thought it would be. You could elect to be a monk if you were too poor and needed a place to stay. Almost became a way to serve the community. However, it was still ok for them to use smart phones etc… didn’t really quite align up my assumptions!

Oh by the way, you would be proud but we are taking in our car to get detailed. What a treat but

@Austina – Pilates Christmas party!! Does that include a workout or just fun treats. How wonderful that ya’ll know one another to do a party. We are still adjusting to our local gym that got bought out by Lifetime. The gym got “prettied up” with fancy furniture and other equipment. It feels a bit like a hotel now and less like a place to work out?! Haha.. I think many people like the change but in many ways I miss the old version. Stay warm over there!

@junebug17 – You mentioned making a class. Work out class or drawing class? Your ring is lovely as a wedding ring. I agree that it’s nice to have a simple option. I just wore my simple wedding band overseas with the travels. Can I dare say that it wasn’t very PSer of me that I actually didn’t miss my rings when I was away? Now that I’m back it was very exciting again to see all the beauties. However, it was nice to go simple for awhile.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Hello NIRDIs! :wavey: Thank you for the shout out. Family troubles/issues have prevented my posting--was feeling low and sad. Anyway, life just gets in the way sometimes.

JA--safe travels to you! I hope things have settled down in France--I could hardly read the news/ current events there.

Missy--did you ever get those Olang boots?

The weather has been very favorable--hope it stays this way.

cheers--Sharon

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Oh no @ AV_ that doesn’t sound good that you may have to move due to your work.

I’m sorry to hear things are difficult for you at the moment @canuk-gal, sending good thoughts that life improves for you.

:lol: No, we don’t exercise at the party @PierreBear , we go to a restaurant and stuff our faces, play games, have a trivia quiz, and generally enjoy ourselves. Sorry about your cousins grandma, but wow, what a great age she lived to. She must’ve seen a lot of changes in the world during her lifetime.

Thank goodness your DD got her paperwork sorted out. I hope you’ve had a safe journey @Jimmianne. We’re all set for Christmas, only fresh veggies to get next week.

Nice to be treated to lunch @marcy, what’s a French dip sandwich? Yay to having a long weekend, what are your plans for your days off? Hope Marty sleeps better tonight, I can certainly sympathise with his insomnia.

It’s cold enough to snow @missy, but hopefully it won’t affect us. We had a really heavy frost overnight, and it was down to 0 deg C. I’m getting as much done now, so we can enjoy the holiday and Adam & Kim’s visit.

That’s good news that the ferals are still coming around, they’ve obviously found somewhere safe between visits to you. Hopefully you had a good journey to the beach house.

Keeping you in my thoughts @Sandeek, and sending healing vibes your way.

I hope you’ve had a productive day @junebug17

Been catching up on laundry and cleaning today, oh the excitement of my life :lol:

Have a great weekend :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy Caturday Saturday!

@junebug17 hope all your holiday plans/decorations/shopping/errands are going well. We have a rainy weekend in store but in our hearts we are warm and sunny. How is your brother doing and how is your son's new place working out for him? I don't remember if you discussed Christmas plans but are you spending it at your family/friends home or hosting your family/friends by you this year? We have not yet put up our tree. Must get that going. I am a huge procrastinator myself and getting worse with each passing year. But I blame it on time moving faster as we get older because before we know it the year has sped by and I'm like what I didn't do half of what I had planned to do. LOL such is life. Hope you enjoy a wonderful weekend sweet Junie.

@canuk-gal thank you for checking in with us and I hope that matters settle down and issues resolve themselves soon and that the holidays are a cheery time for you and your family. I have not yet purchased the Olang boots though they are in my basket online. I decided to wait till after the holidays as a number of my orders are getting delayed due to the holiday rush so I felt it was better to wait til that all calms down. I had NM cancel an order on me a week later because they couldn't locate an item and then the very next day it was back online at a much higher price and I contacted them and they are sending it to me at the sale price I ordered it at originally but WTH is going on with all the online orders for me IDK. It seems more orders are getting messed up for me than ever before so decided OK let me just wait till January and if it isn't available then it's a sign. LOL me and my signs. I did order quite a few other things however (impulse buys) so we will see if/when it makes its way to me. Mainly dresses I couldn't pass up at the sales price they were being offered. Almost like giving them away. The more we spend the more we save right? :lol:
Sending you hugs and love and hope your weather continues to remain lovely and calm.

@Sandeek how are you feeling? I hope each day is getting better for you and you are feeling stronger and that you are on your road to a smooth recovery after the complications. Keeping you as always in my thoughts and prayers and sending hugs your way.

@AV_interesting and if you buy a property I always say buy for you and not for resale and it should all work out. That'w how we have always done it. Of course as you write Europe is a completely different market than the USA and if it doesn't make sense to buy vs rent well you will make the best decision for you of that I have no doubt. And of course the NIRDIs are always here to bounce off life issues and debate and contemplate and ruminate. That's what we do and if there is one thing I am good at it is that. Ruminating, debating and contemplating.:cheeky: And of course I am always good to discuss kitty herding. Anytime.:kiss:

@Tekate looks like you are having such a fun time and so happy you are enjoying your vacation.

Speaking of vacation @Jimmianne welcome to France and I hope your flight went smoothly and hope you arrive to your home with relative ease after the long journey and that all is calm by you. Enjoy.

@Austina yes it warms our hearts that some of our original ferals have survived these past few (harsh weather) years. Our original Sammy (the kitty who started it all being the impetus for Greg to build the first feral feeder here) sadly is no longer with us and that does make me sad. Sprite and Squirt are her kittens and we only see Squirt around as Sprite hasn't been here for over a year so obviously she is gone too :blackeye: hopefully at Rainbow Bridge with Sammy and all our beloved fur babies who are gone from our lives. The ferals life span is much shorter than the domestic house cat even with us doing all we can to keep them fed and safe and warm. There is only so much we can do for the ferals since they cannot be domesticated and made indoor house cats.
Good for you cleaning and doing laundry. I did 3 loads of laundry yesterday but 2 of the loads only had a few things in them as I made some impulse purchases yesterday during our errand running and had to run a wash just for that. And the 3rd load was because I forgot to put something in the wash the first and second time. Oh and Greg did our towel wash downstairs so we actually did 4 loads of laundry yesterday. Not even a record for us hahaha. But I love doing laundry at the beach house as the machines are conveniently located right next to the bedroom and we have a set of machines downstairs too so it's so easy doing washes here. I'm weird. I like to vacuum and do laundry. Hope you have a lovely weekend.

@PierreBear how wonderful she lived to such an old age and had a long happy life. We should all be so lucky. Hope the celebration of her life is joyous.
LOL love the name for your feral. Jean Claude Van Damme. :lol: Well we have to come up with another dozen or so names and I think I have run out of soda pop names.:P2 Stay warm and hope the wind settles down by you.

And after all our errands yesterday we got back to the beach house and I soaked in a nice long bath but of course the path to anything is rarely smooth. When I went to turn on the shower (I always shower before I take a bath) one of my shower heads was leaking water all over the place and even Greg couldn't fix it. He took it apart and was unable to fix it so he switched it out with his shower head (yes we have separate bathrooms in both homes and love that) so ever the chivalrous gentleman he is. But I want something more similar to my original shower head as his is way too wide and sprays water in a much larger diameter than my shower head so I cannot shower with his without getting my head wet too. Anyway I like the rainfall shower head but his is too dramatic. So hoping this AM he can find a similar shower head to the one we need to replace and he can take his back and give me one I like better. But we will see as the shower heads I have now are not found in the local stores (of course) and I am not special ordering anything this time of year and not waiting weeks for a new shower head so I will make do with what he can find or just use his shower head in my shower until we can get the right one for me.

Have a wonderful Saturday ladies and sending warm hugs your way. XOXO.

Leaving you with the revolving door that is the kitty bistro these days. :sun:
All this happened within 15 minutes. Lots of activity.

Screen Shot 2018-12-15 at 6.27.56 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-15 at 6.27.48 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-15 at 6.29.01 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-15 at 6.29.06 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-15 at 6.29.13 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-15 at 6.29.19 AM.png

The colorful kitty is Rootbeer, some of you might remember her. Anyway she did get to eat no worries though in some of the photos it appeared everyone was eating but her. Here's the money shot.:sun:

Screen Shot 2018-12-15 at 6.31.43 AM.png

Hahaha yes I am the crazy feral kitty lady what can I say...there are worse things to be.:whistle:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy Those are stray cats in your care! I'd never guess they are stray. Very impressive methods...

I'd have a hundred comming if I fed them, so I do what everyone does - nothing at all. Not good.

-

Changing subject: renting is an idea I had not really considered, however, I was approached by an agency specializing in traditional houses. Intriguing, for sure.

Today, I do not need to think of it. Or almost anything. I can't! I am finally exhausted, it would seem. Good timing, at least. It'll all rest next week, till Jan 10 - since all the people I work with are academics: their holidays are mine too... :sleep:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Nirdis!

@missy, I think I have one of those stereos in my garage haha! We're staying home for Christmas, but dh and I might go to SC the weekend after Christmas - probably just for a few days. Glad you made it safe and sound to the beach and are settling in. Thanks for asking about my brother and son...My brother seems to be doing ok, he's pretty settled in and is continuing to work on his condo...the last time I was there he was redoing the tile in the bathroom! DS has been moving things over to his apartment and he now has a bed, a couch, and internet/cable so he's good to go lol! He still needs some kitchen stuff, a dresser, a few lamps etc but he has enough right now to be comfortable. The location of his apartment is nice...the building is on a really cute downtown street of a nice town in the area; there are lots of cafes and stores right outside his door, so something for him to do in case he starts feeling a bit lonely. And he's only about 20 minutes away so he can always come here too! He seems very excited about his new place.

Love the pics of the ferals, so sweet. :love: It's sad that they have such rough lives but your kindness does make a difference for them.

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow as you attend the service...sending comfort and strength.

@Austina, you've had a busy couple of days!...seems like there's always something to pick up at this time of year. Your Pilates party sounds like it was a lot of fun. Sorry it's turned so cold for you, stay warm. It's been fairly mild here lately, but dreary and drizzly.

@av, I hope you don't have to move! You sound content living where you are right now. Glad to hear you'll be getting some time off after working so much, enjoy your rest!

@marcy, glad your knee is feeling a little more back to normal. Nice that your boss treated you to lunch! And yay to 2 days off next week, it's too bad you can't take the whole week off but at least you'll only have a 3 day workweek. :appl:

@Jimmianne, thinking of you and hoping your trip went well. Let us know if you find anything interesting at the estate store. I wish we could all come along haha. Wow, the process for marrying a French citizen does sound complicated and I hope it goes as smoothly as possible. Oh no to your ring not arriving in time, disappointing grrr...but as missy said, something to look forward to when you come back.

@PierreBear, I'm sorry for your loss; it's hard losing someone who is part of your past. I recently joined a Lifetime gym lol! I've been taking classes, and really don't use the equipment. I kinda like that it's like a hotel - but I'm old and I like being pampered haha! I'm sorry you miss your previous gym though. I hope you're having a good weekend and getting back into your regular groove, it can take a while to adjust. And I get what you're saying about taking a break from bling...I'll go several days sometimes not wearing anything. Always fun to start wearing them again though!

@canuk-gal, so nice to hear from you my friend! Very sorry you've been having a rough time of it and I hope things are getting a little better. Family issued are hard and I'm sending you love and support. So glad you're enjoying some nice weather.

Not too much going on today, dh and I ran a few errands together - including one to Pet Smart, we bought Zoe a travel carrier because we're going to bring her with us on the plane to SC after Christmas...yikes. Should be interesting to say the least :eek2:

Take care all, and have a good Sunday! Xxx

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NiRDI’s!

AV, I can picture those colors right now. Sweet. Enjoy your long holiday vacation. Good luck deciding what to do about a house.

Missy, thank you for the links. I will follow up with them. Definitely take you car for a spin sometimes so you are comfortable behind the wheel. Speaking of driving I found out today Marty has had my car up to 160. Holy light speed! I am looking forward to a few lazy days. How exciting some of your original ferals are still visiting Chez Missy and Greg; that is all thanks to both of you for giving them food and shelter. That is awesome! Enjoy the beach for me. I hope Greg was able to find a shower head you like. Darn to start the day with a leak in the shower head. Your Feral Bistro is like Grand Central Station there. That is so awesome!

Jimmianne, sweet Issy avatar. (I hope I spelled that right). Thank you for thinking of me. My right knee is shot; just some days are worse than others. Bummer. Sorry to hear about the OTT process for your DD to get her paperwork done. Good luck with getting that finished. You’ll have a blast exploring that estate dealer shop in France. Darn that your new old ring didn’t make it in time. Your tights sound really cute. And warm.

PierreBear, sorry to hear about your cousin’s grandmother. Wow that she was over 100 years old; that is something, think of the history she witnessed being made. Marty claims he doesn’t have anything on his mind that keeps him awake. Good idea for him to try melatonin. How interesting about Monks. That would not be what I pictured either. Nice that you are taking your car to get detailed. I ran my filthy car through a car wash this morning. My backup and “drone” cameras are nice and clear again. Sweet.

Sharon, sorry to hear you are having issues. Thinking of you and hoping things look up soon. Our weather has been pleasant for December. Makes me worry.

Austina, French dip sandwiches are sliced roast beef or prime rib on a toasted french roll and then you dip it in au jus. They are one of my favorite sandwiches. Sorry you have insomnia too. I plan on baking more Christmas cookies but not much else over my long weekend. Stay warm!

Junebug, I am glad your brother is doing okay and still working on his condo. Your DS’s new location sounds perfect. I will enjoy a 3 day work week. I may use my skim / speed method for checking my reports. Has Zoe been on a plane before? That will be nice to spend some time in SC after Christmas. Are you going to put your ring under the tree?

I got up at my normal time today. Darn that internal clock. I did see a gorgeous sunrise. Marty was going to make me an omelet when I got out of the shower but then he had to leave for the gym. Darn. I decided to go get in line at the car wash nice so I did that first then stopped and had french toast on the way home. Once Marty got back from the gym we went and looked at carpet. The carpet guy told us we shouldn’t use Dyson vacuums on thick carpets. He claims their suction is too strong and can pull pieces out of the rug or start frizzing the top of it. After we got home I googled that and did find a few threads about it. As one person pointed out the carpet companies that recommend certain vacuums probably get paid by those companies. When I was researching vacuums and reading reviews on the Cyclone V10 animal vacuum I didn’t see any consumer comments like that. We may look at berber style tomorrow; I alway like it but seems show and it’s not as soft. Decisions, decisions. They did have our hardwood flooring in stock so we will get that for the den and hallway. i am not going to be able to afford new jewelry for years.

Have a fabulous weekend.
Marcy

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arrived in my village. Gosh travel is a beast, but all is forgotten when the destination is reached. Huge perk of the flight delay while coming into CDG. Rerouted due to fog and air traffic and made a nice turn over the middle of Paris, where all the streets meet at the arc d triumph. It was still dark and every avenue was lit up. A living map of the genius layout. I was so busy ogling that I could not get the camera out in time.
So, here safe and sound, not a yellow vest to be seen. Icy rain outside and freezing in the house, but I don't care. Very happy to be “home”.
XO

Marcy, yes, Issy, short for Isobel.
Forgive if this has already been posted, but are you planning to have knee surgery?
Happy clean car day!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls. Just a quick hello. Off to the funeral today. And the weather fits the mood. Rainy, dark and gloomy.

@junebug17 ha bring the stereo over and let greg try fixing it for you. Wow to your brother retiring his bathroom. Way to go! And yes to your son getting almost all his furniture in place. It’s an exciting time for him. And glad he’s in a wonderful location and not too far from you. Sounds perfect and you know what they say in real estate. Location location location. :bigsmile: Good luck with the new carrier and taking Zoe on the plane. I think she’ll do great once she’s on board and settled. Fingers crossed. And yay to traveling to SC after Christmas. Something fun to look forward to. And probably an easier time to travel re crowds. Thanks for all your lovely words re the kitties. And thank you so much for the good wishes and thoughts today. We have a very heavy heart right now.

@marcy hope the info helps you. Greg just finished doing the TRX and he finds relief for his knee with those exercises. And when we cycle the CBD cream helps his pain too. Wow tell Marty to slow down please. Precious cargo onboard. What’s the hurry. You crazy kids. :lol: New Shower head in place and I love it. Success. Thanks for the feral bistro chez missy and Greg love. :lol: Right back at ya. And woohoo for a clean car. We use a special vacuum on our area rugs. But we have shag area rugs so not sure if you need a special one too. In Brooklyn I use the cordless Dyson on the non shag area rug without any issues. Good luck with all the home improvements and hoping it doesn’t cut into your bling fund too much.

@Jimmianne thanks for letting us know you’ve arrived safely. Enjoy and soak it all up. It’s a wonderful life and you’re enjoying it to the max.

@AV_ how’s your weekend going? I hope you’re getting some much needed rest and minimizing stress. It can wait till after the holidays. For 2019. We’re just doing the best we can re the ferals. Sometimes that’s all one can do. It never feels enough but I take comfort in that at least we are improving the life of some of the cats if not all. Every little bit counts and if only people would neuter and spay their pets and just be kinder overall. It would be a much better world. But I digress. Hope you’re enjoying your time off.

@Sandeek Thinking of you and hoping you’re feeling stronger and better with each day. (((Hugs))).

Hi to everyone else. Off to the service soon. Heading into the city. Hopefully the traffic won’t be too bad but with the rain I’m sure it will take us longer so leaving soon. Enjoy a wonderful Sunday girls. And hugs.
:wavey:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I hope the day went well @missy (as well as these things can), and that your friend had a fitting send off.

I hope you managed to get a new shower head, I’m not a fan of the rainfall heads, I don’t like have to lean backwards to avoid my hair getting wet everyday :lol: Wow, the ferals look in really good condition, glossy coats and a good weight.

Thanks for the clarification @marcy, I like beef sandwiches, but not sure I’d like a soggy one :D I’m not a fan of the corded Dyson vacs, Adam has one and said the cordless picks up better. I just find them very heavy and cumbersome. I like Berber carpeting, we have velvet pile in our bedroom and it’s a devil for showing marks (not to mention it’s cream :eek2:)

Glad you’ve arrived safely @jimmiane and are feeling at home.

It’ll be nice to get away after Christmas @junebug17 , how long is the flight to SC? Hopefully Zoe will cope well with the flight.

Hope you’re having a peaceful weekend @AV_

How are you feeling @Sandeek ?

Hi @PierreBear Are you completely over your jetlag now?

Been busy getting the house all sorted, did more washing and ironing today, it’s all go at the moment.

:wavey:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy, @Austina Thank you for mentioning =)2 It sure has been a quiet, mellow Sunday; just made a To Do list for next week & let go of it all to blow in the wind whichever way - until tomorrow morning. Not bad!

At this rate, I might just be OK enough to do anything but sleep through Christmas :sleep:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Jimmianne, I am glad you arrived safely and feel at home. I bet the flight over the city was some sight. I am glad I spelled Issy’s name right. She is a cutie. I probably should get my knees replaced but I am holding out as long as I can. My big fear is being allergic to what they put in me. I told Marty this afternoon my car was cleanish; not as nice as hand washed but way better.

Missy, thinking of you and Greg today. I hope the service had some good memories of your dear friend. I wasn’t with Marty when he did launch mode and got up to 160; I would be scared and laughing all at the same time. He went north of town somewhere. Nice that your new shower head is installed and you like it. Marty messed with our garage door today without much luck. More on that later. Thanks for the tip on the vacuum; we are going to get a looped pattern - which I think falls in the berber category. I’m not sure. I think it should work fine with the Dyson.

Austina, that is funny several of us don’t like the rainfall heads. Marty always likes them but I like basic old spray shower heads. I am totally with you on soggy sandwiches, I take the bread or bun off if it’s not toasted. The toasted french rolls don’t seem mushy to me; I guess because I eat that bite right after dipping it in the au jus sauce. I don’t think I’d like the corded Dyson; I’d be running in to everything and tripping over the cord. I am a KLUTZ. I bet your cream carpet looks very elegant but light carpet does show things. Darn. Your day sounds similar to mine.

AV, it sure takes time and work but it’s worth not letting things get to you. It sounds like you could enjoy a relaxing holiday You deserve it.

We had a busy day. We went out to breakfast first the went shopping to Bed, Bath and Beyond. I had a new tablecloth in hand but the line was about 15 people deep and they had one cashier. I set my tablecloth down and left. Next stop was Lowes. Marty replaced the pipes under the kitchen sink and found some nasty gunk between the left and right sink. He had no idea what it was but the pipe was full of gunk which explains why the right drain was so slow. After that we headed back to the carpet store and picked out a loop pattern carpet which I think is part of the berber category but i’m not sure. Anyway we brought home some samples and will probably go with it. Our garage door hasn’t been closing when sunlight is on the sensor so Marty reversed the sensors moving the receiver out of the Sun - it not only didn’t fix it now the door is super sensitive and won’t open or close. Curses!!! If it continues other than the Sun issue - I’m calling a garage repairman. I don’t want to deal with it when Marty is in LA. We had lunch while we were running around shopping and grilled burgers for supper. I am almost done with laundry and we got candy cane cookies made. I’m tired. I think I found the comet that is closest to Earth today. It’s very diffuse so hard to spot with the moonlight overhead.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy Monday. Another cold day here but no rain today. Just wind.

@Austina I don't think I ever told you how much I love when you use the word lovelies when referring to the NIRDIs...it really touches my heart and while I am guessing it is a popular word where you live it isn't used here and I just love it. Sweet and endearing and warm and kind. Like you. Greg did replace my shower head with one more similar to the one that broke and I prefer it much more than his huge rainfall shower. As you wrote I don't want to get my hair wet unless I am washing it so often when I shower I just want my body to get wet. Not my head. So this new shower head is great. And I cannot tell you how much I am loving the baths here. I don't do baths in Brooklyn (it's in the corner and I have a thing about corners lolol) so it's a treat to take baths at the beach house. I shower first and then take a bath if time permits. Heavenly. Sounds like you accomplished a lot this weekend...when is your trip?

@AV_ quiet mellow Sundays are just perfect IMO. In fact that is what Sundays were made for...hope the week brings exactly what you want and is as productive as you want.

@marcy haha I know what you mean. I too can be scared but laughing at times because sometimes there is a fine line b/w thrilling and scary and enjoyment. It's weird. But glad you were not in the car when Marty was driving at 160 mph. That seems faster than one should drive unless one is racing cars. And even then it's scary. To me. Yes I think Dyson should work just fine with Berber. It's a tight weave and not loose like our shag carpet. Sorry Marty didn't get the garage door just right. Second time's the charm perhaps...or maybe you should just get that repairman. I agree you don't want to run into trouble when Marty is away. And that's when trouble happens. We know that right? LOL. Well it sounds like you had a busy but productive day yesterday. Sweet. Speaking of sweet oh my candy cane cookies. Never had them but they sound divine. Candylicious. And nice you found the comet closest to earth yesterday. It's great you can see that. Even at the beach we have too many lights around to really see the stars in the sky.

@Sandeek how was your weekend? Are you feeling better? Is your health improving and the complications resolving? Thinking of you and concerned and no pressure but when you can just update us with a sentence that you are OK. (((HUGS))).

@Jimmianne hope you are settling in and enjoying your time in France and that all is well with your DD.

Thank you all for your warm thoughts yesterday and it was a tough day but glad we went and it was good hearing all the wonderful things about our dear friend. No surprises as J was who he was. Funny, wry, sarcastic, smart, etc. He was all that and more. Very Seinfeld/NYC like in that he appreciated the absurdity that was life and came from that perspective as many of us do. Anyway it was nice hearing stories about him like "the great escape" when he tried to bust out of Hebrew School lol. Pretty hysterical. The funeral home was filled and that was no surprise despite the awful weather yesterday. He was very much loved by friends and family alike.

Greg just left for the car dealership. 6 month checkup and loaner car today. Not sure what we are doing today when he gets back but I have to workout soon or the day will be gone before we know it. Speeding by faster and faster. I cannot believe Monday is here.

OK skip this part if you aren't in the mood. Long and boring thoughts being shared on wigs here. NO worries if you skip it!
I just received a new wig on Saturday (ordered it online and came super fast) and trying it out. Greg had to alter it to make it fit my small head. Thank goodness he is handy that way because it allows me to get non custom wigs and see if I can get used to wearing them. I still haven't worn my expensive custom wig but I am working my way up to that. I need to start getting used to wearing them. Losing more hair and you can see scalp in the back of my head and my hair is super thin and getting thinner. I am not as upset about it as I once was because with time I am much more accepting of what I cannot change. It's the only alternative. Must make peace and not let it affect my quality of life. And I am doing just that. I am getting wise in my old age :lol:

Anyway it might look a bit "wiggy" now but conventional wig wisdom is as one wears it the wig settles down on one's head. I''ll let you know what I think as I wear it. Just trying it on for you girls now but not ready yet to wear it. LOL I am a scaredy cat. OK presenting my newest wig. Not used to it yet and whenever I put on a wig I feel like I am a little kid playing dress-up. Must get over that. And it is challenging choosing colors online. Really cannot tell what color it is. This one is honey wheat and is a light brown/dark blonde. Not a rooted color. I am getting this in rooted auburn this week so should be interesting seeing what I think of that color. I hope it's not too dark as I think darker colors are too severe for my skin tone. One thing I want to do is cut the bangs shorter so I can wear them more on my forehead vs side swept because they are long right now and cannot be worn down or they would be way over my eyes. Though I don't hate the side swept look I think I'd prefer it straight down.

Screen Shot 2018-12-17 at 7.26.32 AM.png

If/when I get used to wearing the non custom less expensive wigs I will get a hairdresser to alter my expensive custom wig and thin it out as I tried it on before we left to the beach house (I didn't take it with me) and it just is too much hair. So either I bring it back to the place I bought it for thinning or find a hairdresser who can work with wigs more locally. But I don't want to do that till I get used to wearing wigs.

OK enough on that topic :lol: Sorry for going on about that.
Please someone share something more fun to chat about. What is everyone doing for Christmas? New Year's Eve?

Enjoy a good Monday girls and stay warm and cozy. (((Hugs))).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results