shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

P

PierreBear

Hello! I can’t believe I made it to work on time today. Hosted the second annual work Christmas party for DH’s project at our house. Too many people crammed into our house and it rained earlier that day so not as many people were able to comfortable hang outside. The party planners did a great job and brought the food, activities, drinks, and dessert. Told them they can throw a party any day… well sorta… I still worry about wine spills… haha. The white elephant exchange was pretty interesting. Some of the more interesting gifts included a fanny pack that was skin colored with a belly button on it. @Austina – you think Kim would have liked that?? Haha… a squatty potty. A pillow with sequins on it with one side that was red but when you rubbed it, it would flip the sequins and it was Nicholas Cage’s face. However, the funniest one was a poster where someone photoshopped one of the leads on the project face to make it look like the Dos Equios most interesting man in the world with a funny quote. So well done and unexpected. We went home that that gift…. Hope DH doesn’t want to hang that up in the bedroom. Anyhow, hope all is well for you. Trying to stay positive but I’m about to kill Nationwide… it has been 3 weeks or more regarding our claim with the water issue and had a call with a manager to learn that it might not be covered except the interior which is just drywall damage. What… you wait 3 weeks and for me to follow up multiple times to tell me that type of news?! I thought being patient was a good thing but it sure doesn’t feel like it in this case. Ok rant over. Still glad that tomorrow is Friday!

@Sandeek – Hugs and agree, always feel free to share whatever you want on this forum. Very kind ladies who only want to best for you here!

@Austina – Glad that the whole gang is together and glad Adam and Kim got there safely. Wii is a fun activity and I bet they are loving all your cooking! Such a wonderful mom you are!

@junebug17 – Oh nice that you found a comforter not even looking for one. What color scheme is the guest room?

@missy – Way to go… your niece is amazing! PS – What is the update on your ring setting? Hope all is well that in department with Beau.

@marcy – So sorry to hear about your friend’s daughter…. You are kind to listen and support her. Hope there will be some peace during the holidays…

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Jimmianne, my friend told me her new son-in-law did go see a doctor and got some anxiety medicine and they gave him something that reduces cravings for alcohol. I think that is a positive step anyway. She is so worried about her daughter and grand children though. The demolition is certainly underway. Then the fun part of creating something new.

Missy, woo hoo what a relief about jury duty. I am heartbroken for my friend and her daughter and grandchildren. As i told Jimmianne above he did seek some help today. Fingers crossed. My imbeciles exceeded their expectations today. I was cursing and laughing several times today. I am digging out my old “behavior counselor” badge tomorrow and don’t care who it irritates. Why can’t imbeciles work and play well with others? I irritated several of them and then upset Marty too; I can’t win today. He wanted me to help him get what he needs to cook for our Christmas dinner and in a text I’m like what? I thought you had it planned. I started making a list and that’s not what he wanted. I have apologized but obviously I didn’t respond the way he expected. Everyone must have the holiday headaches going on or something. I love the picture of you and Greg by the Christmas tree. You guys are such a cute couple. i like your new jacket. I am glad you like the new wig. That is so awesome for your niece. Her design is great.

Junebug, we girls have to check out our presents early so we know what to expect, right? My employees and my boss’s employees continued down a new and crazy path today. One more day to put up with them and then I’ll be free for 4 whole days. I was relieved to hear my friends son-in-law is at least asking for some help. Glad you found a new comforter set. Our new mattress is so much taller I need to look for deeper sheets and blankets but hate to see what I want until we get our new bed. Stores here are getting crazy too and pretty picked over. Good luck with your holiday cleaning and prep.

AV, Merry Christmas to you too and planning on keeping your place small and easy is a great idea.

Austina, I am glad the garage door is fixed. Have the started on your gates yet? If so, I don’t remember. My employees and colleagues certainly are something else. I have Monday and Tuesday off and will enjoy the time away from their childish antics. i was glad to hear my friend’s daughter didn’t hesitate to take the kids and go stay with her parents. I can tell my friend is really worried about her. i am glad to hear Adam and Kim arrived safely and you are all having a great time.

Sandeek, i am sorry you are having a hard time; I hope you start to feel better everywhere. Rest up and know you are in my thoughts. Big hugs to you!!!

PierreBear, it seems like the last party you had at your place was on a rainy day too. Darn. I bet it was a fun party though. The white elephant gifts sound fun. I will make sure and keep in touch with my friend over the holidays because I know she is dealing with a lot right now.

So we put a deposit on our flooring tonight. Found an area rug we liked so will get that for the living room, den, entry way and in front of 2 doors. As Marty just said damn we are pricey. 2019 is going to be repaying ourselves again.

Work drove me bonkers today but hey it’s a short trip.

We did get most of our groceries for Christmas dinner. Woo hoo!

It’s late so I’d best get ready for bed. I am still cleaning my jewelry though. I wore my EC RHR ring today and EC do need frequent baths.

Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@junebug17 sounds like you have everything under control and that's great you were able to take care of most things. And get another comforter to replace the one you kindly gave your DS. Love Costco. Traffic has been a bear here too. It's crazy. I love the holidays but I don't love them in a way because of the traffic and mess it brings. But it's OK and somehow we will both get what we need accomplished done. Thanks so much for all your lovely comments and good wishes. You are a sweetheart in every sense of the word. I feel so fortunate you girls are in my life. I have never met kinder sweeter more lovely people. I am counting my blessings every day but especially this time of year. Thank you Junie and hoping the rest of your week and weekend go well and I know you are looking forward to being in SC soon.

@AV_ how is your To Do list coming along? I am intrigued about your home search...have you found the right home yet or just looking? I love house hunting if only in my mind these days and not in my reality and hoping we stay put where we are because it's the perfect homes for us. Though looks like our perfect beach home has a not so perfect issue. More on that below. Anyway hope your week is progressing smoothly.

@Austina Sounds like you all are having such a great visit and I am very pleased for you. Glad Adam and Kim are with you guys and glad you are having fun playing games and just hanging out. That is what the holidays are all about. We should always remember how much we love our dear friends and family and show that love every day. And how much we appreciate and love the people in our lives. Life is fragile and short and I know it and know it can all change like that. Sorry for the sobering thoughts but just wanted to say how much I appreciate all of you.

I love that...Ressssult. Yes indeed. And haha yes Auburn Sugar is good enough to eat. I will take a quick non glamour photo for you but keep in mind I am a wreck right now appearance wise but always happy to oblige one of my NIRDI sisters. Just look at the color of the wig. Auburn sugar. It's like a medium brown auburn with lighter blonde/auburn highlights...a warmer color than the honey wheat.

missyinauburnsugarstevie.jpg.png

@PierreBear no I am not actively searching for a new setting at this time for Bubbalah. Next year and hoping just the right setting finds its way to me or I figure it out. I am enjoying her current setting very much right now. More than I ever thought I would or could. This solitaire girl loves this freaky halo what can I say.:P2
Sweet your holiday party went so well. Yassssss. Tell your dh I say hey and send my best and hope you guys have a great weekend and happy Christmas and all that jazz. Hugs to you. I have a question for you below about your past house leak by the way...

@Sandeek girlfriend how are you feeling? NEVER worry about bringing us down. We are HERE for you!!!! Sending more hugs and continued healing dust your way. I hope one day soon you will be able to look back on this time all as a blurry bad memory. (((HUGS))) and love to you sweet Sandeek.

@marcy aww thank you. We are OK for a middle age couple. LOL. You and Marty make a great couple too. We all share the love of laughter and that helps us bear the challenging aspects that make up life. Laughter is the best medicine right? The red coat I am wearing isn't the new one...sorry I know it was confusing the way I worded my last post. The red one is my Theory Jacket and I've had it for years. The new one is in the bag Greg is holding in that photo.

Sorry your imbecile employees are behaving imbecilic. LOL why doesnt that surprise us? And don't feel you let Marty down...he wasn't clear in communicating what he needed/wanted and it's not your fault. But it was sweet of you to say sorry. Holiday headaches lol. The holidays can bring out the grouchy in some of us I guess. I am sure your Christmas dinner will taste yummy and I know the desserts are all ready to go....one more day and you are free for 4 whole days Marcy woohoo. Cannot wait for you to be free of work for a long stretch. Congrats on getting most of your grocery shopping done for the holidays and yes to your friend's DD's DH getting help. Hope that issue works out successfully. Life is hard and we gotta be tough to make it through and do what we can to make life sweet. Sometimes it's a struggle but it helps when we have friends there supporting and caring about us. Yay for your new carpet and flooring decisions and yes 2019 looks to be an expensive year for us too. Oh well. Glad your EC is being worn and enjoyed and yes those step cuts need frequent baths. Keep em sparkly and clean. :love:

@Jimmianne hope you are enjoying each day and that the renos are going smoothly. Hugs to you and happy holidays.

@Tekate how are you doing? I forget if you are back yet or still traveling? Hoping all is going well and that you are enjoying whatever it is you are doing.

So yesterday was a bit of a crazy day and today promises the same.

Where to start? I will start from this AM. Woke up went downstairs to get some delicious fresh coffee ahhh and oh no....there was water on kitchen floor and counter. Roof leak. Nice way (not) to wake up. @PierreBear I thought of you. Was your leak finally fixed forever I hope? Anyway it's right before Christmas week and I doubt we are going to be able to find someone to figure out what's going on and how to fix it any time soon. And there's lots of rain happening all day today and through the weekend oh no. But I am maintaining my zen because in the grand scheme of things not worth getting upset over. And Greg told me not to get upset. So I am not going to. Let's hope I can hold that calmness. LOL.

So for the past few days my left big toe (leg with plates) has been bothering me again. Well at least I had 4 months of peace there. You guessed it. In grown toenail. It happens like from 0 (fine) to 100 (very bad ingrown nail) in a minute. My podiatrist said yes that's the way it goes. Fine to not fine just like that. And again it's almost the holidays and my great podiatrist is off all next week. So yesterday when I realized this and couldn't fix the nail myself I went online to see if there were any appointments nope then I called and the office was closed til 1PM. I texted my podiatrist who was at the hospital doing rounds and he told me he'd text me when he got to the office later.

We were playing miniature golf at the time he texted and he said come in at 5:15PM so that worked out perfectly. We got to finish golf and got to go home and feed the kitties and then went to his office where yup I got those painful needles again and was bleeding all over the place. He removed the side of the nail again and said he thinks I need to get a vascular eval to deem it safe to get the cauterization so I don't have to keep coming in every few months for this procedure.

In the meantime we were all chatting and it turns out my podiatrist makes his own wine and he said his is with very minimal sulfites and everyone loves it. Doesn't give you a headache or anything like a hangover or turn you red etc. He said after Christmas (he's off all week next week) to text him when we are next back here at the shore and he will bring in a bottle of his homemade wine for us. How nice is that! Cannot wait. I cannot drink wine because the sulfites cause me to have allergic asthma and have trouble breathing and I get headaches and turn red. He swears that won't happen with his wine. Cannot wait.

Yes my toe is achey now and it woke me up a few times last night but hopefully it will heal fine just like it's done the past 5 or 6 times I have had this procedure. Just another day and nothing compared to our dear @Sandeek and @Tekate and I feel foolish even talking about it but just sharing what happened yesterday.

Back to the roof. Arghhh. It's always something. And speaking of something the car sensor for rain and windshield wipers have never worked in our car despite two 6 month service checkups to evaluated and fix it. Each time the maintenance men said it's fixed and nope never fixed. So we got our car back Monday this week from the dealer supposedly A OK and windshield wiper sensors fixed. Nope. Last night it was raining and the sensors did not automatically turn on the wipers. OK so I called and back the car is gong right now. Greg just left to drop off Loofy and pick up a loaner.

This is life girls. Leaky roof, ingrown toenail that keeps happening causing inflammation and discomfort, malfunction of car windshield wiper sensors and I could go on but why bother. Just gotta laugh. And as long as our roof doesnt cave in I will laugh cause it can all be fixed. Eventually. Fingers crossed.

On a fun note we had a blast yesterday playing miniature golf at that place. It was crazy fun and cannot wait to go back. Very elaborate miniature golf set up with great music (70s disco hahaha) and guess what? Greg and I tied! Every time we play we tie! LOLOL. The owner had us play hole 11 as a tie breaker and guess what? I got a hole in one woohoo! So technically I won but we really tied. We had so much fun. Wish you all could play with us here. It was all glowy inside....look at our teeth in this selfie...creepy scary ooooooaaaaaaaaeeeeee :lol-2:

Screen Shot 2018-12-21 at 7.47.35 AM.png

Here are some of the scenes inside. It was a totally amazing and elaborate setup.

Screen Shot 2018-12-21 at 7.48.48 AM.png

@marcy this is for you (and marty)...

Screen Shot 2018-12-21 at 7.49.55 AM.png

It was such a great course. Just a couple more pics though. I won't share all 18 holes so don't worry lol.

Screen Shot 2018-12-21 at 7.50.53 AM.png

And a pantascopic shot I took. All squished together haha.

Screen Shot 2018-12-21 at 7.51.13 AM.png

OK so that's all my (exciting not) news this morning. Greg just called Julio who will come by Sunday to take a look but it's supposed to rain terribly all day today and for the weekend so if it does I have a feeling nothing can be done till after Christmas. Fingers crossed the roof doesnt collapse (Greg says it won't but he has been wrong before oy) and that we don't have any damage done while waiting. Water scares me.

Have a wonderful Friday ladies and keeping you all in my thoughts and sending hugs your way. XOXO.
:wavey:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, love that hair color. Looking sexy!

Sandeek, I am so sorry. Can they give you anything for the side effects that result from surgery?? I’ve heard that ritalin, as a quick acting mood restorer, is used sometimes for this.
You have so much going on to cope with ...without the stomach bug added.
We both know that your boat will eventually right itself and you will sail on into lovely times, but that is not much comfort at this point. Sending you love, love, hugs and more love.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
AV, Merry Christmas to you too and planning on keeping your place small and easy is a great idea.

Amin!

@AV_ how is your To Do list coming along? I am intrigued about your home search...have you found the right home yet or just looking?

There are quite a few reasons to hold for a couple of months. The Alpujarras are full of choices - and I feel I am still learning my way, and receiving surprising offers. I am very tempted to rent the future place for a while before moving in (now that I am learnign what a buyer's market does offer!)

Nevermind the 'To Do list' - it is calling me right now.

You are giving me ideas re. hair styles: I have never had it long! Why not try off the rack too...

Fingers crossed for the toe! & the other wonderfully timed annoyances .( (& yes, I hear you about drinking: I can't deal with alcohol for whatever reason, and this is one of the times of the year when I wish I could)

Last edited:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's!

Missy, your new wig looks great. Let's face it; you look good no matter what your hairdo looks like. I am glad you and Greg have the perfect homes; that is awesome. I sure like our home. My problem child called in sick today at work so she dodged a talk for at least a week anyway. My boss kicked back all my appraisals for a few changes or corrections but on hers he wanted it spelled out how her behavior and attitude impacts her performance. I'm free for 4 days though. Woo hoo! Oh no for finding a leak; I hope that is quickly remedied. I am so sorry you had another ingrown toenail; they are so painful. I am glad you got in right away. I hope it feels better soon. The miniature golf course looks fun and how cool you and Greg always tie. Sweet. Marty would beat me for sure since I don't play golf. I'll be anxious to hear what you think of the homemade wine.A

Jimmianne, how is your reno coming along?

AV, that's not a bad idea to rent before buying. It's a great option.

We got off work at 3 today. Woo hoo!
Marty talked to the carpet dealer and he is giving us a great deal on the 5 areas rugs we want. Almost 70% off and since it's on our flooring order no taxes. Sweet. Marty brought home their same rug and we like it in here. I can hardly wait to get the flooring done and then I'll still be waiting for the furniture to show up.
We had a fabulous sunrise today and then when I got to work I found a cute Santa Snoopy on my desk from a friend of mine. A nice way to start the day.
We ordered in pizza for supper and then rented Incredibles 2; it was a good movie.
Tomorrow is cooking and get out Christmas dishes day.

Marcy
Here is the sample rug in the living room and entry way. The largest size we can order will be a little bit smaller than what we have in the living room now, the entry way rug will be a few inches shorter but everything works. You can see the doors in to the den in the entry way photo and we are replacing that carpet with the hardwood floor. The hallway we are having them install the hardwood floor then goes of to the right of the den.
IMG_4115.jpg IMG_5799.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi PB! What fun gifts. I want a pillow with Cage’s photo. Haha. The squattypotty is actually a great gift, highly recommended. No details here though. Lol

Good morning, Marcy. i see Inspector Snoopy is on the job with the pretty new rug, and I LOVE your fire, very nice. Are you done with the cookie making now for this season? What are you cooking today? Here’s to your well-deserved relaxation. Yay!

AV, smart to take a good look around before buying. That’s exciting.

Renovation is coming along. it turns out the wall we uncovered has some nice limestone blocks, not the expected rubble wall. So I am very happy. What you are seeing inside my sunroom is the outside wall of the house next door. My electrician friend did have to remove all the electrical outlets, so that’s unfortunate. I will use candles if i have company at night.
Here is the progress. Looks kind of scrappy right now. When finished it will be great and I will post as things go along. By taking out the false wall I gained about a foot of space. I am going to ask you all for decor advice soon.
76D34CAA-F32C-43DC-A580-506B502459FF.jpeg
Above is what the wall looked like the day I moved in, with all the layers of stuff and drywall,
and here it is today. Getting down to the bones.
947706AD-A457-4251-AFFC-E52FB0CF24F1.jpeg

Last edited:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Posting early before the day starts and the time runs away with me.

Renting for a while sounds like a very sensible solution @AV_ when Adam left home, we suggested he rent in the place he was interested in buying for at least 6 months to make absolutely sure it was right for him. He did buy there, but ending up not living there for long as he moved to Thailand and then to the US.

Is there any point in you spending time doing the appraisals @marcy when it sounds like they don’t actually want to hear the truth? How do you stand it? Woohoo to getting such a great deal on the flooring, I’m sure you’re getting excited to get it all done, it’ll look beautiful. Woohoo to getting away from the madhouse for a few days. We can’t get the contractor to fix the gates till February. :(2

That was a great surprise @Jimmianne always nice to find a good unexpected outcome,and candlelight is romantic ;)2 I’ve asked Santa to bring you a handsome kind man this year :D

I’m glad the party went well @PierreBear - hmm, some ‘unusual’ gifts to say the least :lol: I think Kim will prefer the pretty Rose pattern bum bag I got her :mrgreen2: I’m with you worrying about spillages, but fortunately it never happened. Have you finished work now for Christmas?

Ugh, I can’t believe life is being so cruel to you @missy. Your poor toe, let’s hope you can get a permanent fix so you don’t keep having to go through this.

Oh phoey to the leak, I hope they can find the source and get it fixed quickly before it causes too much damage.

I’m glad you had fun playing crazy golf, and as in life, you and Greg are perfectly matched!

Marcy is right, you have the colouring that any hair colour suits you, I love that one too, they look so natural on you.

Sending healing vibes @Sandeek I hope things are improving for you.

Hi @junebug17 hope you’re all set for Christmas.

We’re going out for dinner this evening to celebrate our anniversary :-o where did those 40 years go?

Have a great weekend :wavey:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Austina, wow. You’ve been together a long time. Congratulations!

Thank you for the thought of a nice Frenchman. Whoops, you didn’t say French, but that would do : ) Just happy the order has been placed. Lol

Have a great day, full of whatever way you are wishing to go...accomplishments or relaxation. This time of year, probably holiday prep, yes?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy first full day of Winter!!!
east%20coast%20psers.gif
And Merry Christmas Eve Eve Eve
christmas%20smiley.gif

@AV_ oh yes it is a fun way to try new hairstyles and colors too. I just ordered a wig that is called Chocolate Frost and it's a mix of dark brown base with light brown and blonde highlights. I will either love or hate it lol. But I couldn't pass it up. And it's a short do so I am excited to see how short hair looks on me. Go for it and if you want guidance please don't hesitate to contact me or ask here. I feel like I know more about wigs than I ever wanted to but of course I have much to learn. I know I cannot tolerate lace front so that is why I am going with bangs for most of them to hide the front of the wig. My one expensive wig is off the face and not lace front but because it is expensive it works without the lace front. Anyway enough boring wig talk but if you want help I am here.

Thank you for crossing your fingers (and toes haha) for me. Hopefully my toe is healing. Yesterday was not a pretty sight when I unwrapped it to take a bath. Bloody and draining still. Blech. But with each day it should be healing more and more from the insult of having part of the nail literally ripped off. Graphic photos not included. ;))
Yes to wanting to be able to join in the cheer by being able to make cheers with champagne or wine or alcohol of any kind. I will keep you posted if my podiatrist's wine is without side effects.

@Jimmianne thank you! And thank you for those lovely comments re my niece. She is super modest and shy too but I can tell she is positively glowing that her card was chosen. Your renovations are coming along quite nicely...so pleased to see that. I too want Santa to bring you a handsome frenchman this year but one who travels frequently to the USA because I don't want to lose you. Though with the government shutdown here and you know who in power I cannot blame you for wanting to leave.

@marcy love your new Snoopy and what a kind friend to think of you and leave that sweet surprise. Love your fire log and love your new area rugs. And love the sweet price you got for them too. Who doesn't love a deal. This is the time of year. Thank you for the lovely wig comments. To me they seem wiggy but I am hoping in time it de poofs a bit. I just bought 2 more. LOL I think I have an obsessive personality and when I am concentrating on something (be it boots/bling and now wigs) I cannot stop buying them. But I am getting sweet deals so cannot pass those up right?:lol:
Boo to your problem child employee but glad she called in Friday so you didn't have to deal with her and woohoo to 4 full days off and away from work. That is truly the sweetest gift you can get right now.

@Austina Happy Anniversary!
1899449huiscpgoci.gif
1899448obhhwxi0xs.gif

742469s3709nw4fb.gif

Aww no worries. If this is the worst of it I can handle it no problem. No complaints from me because I am super grateful about all the good things we have going on and these issues are but minor blips. The toe will heal (fingers crossed) and the roof will hopefully be fixed. At some point. Such a busy time of year for roofers it seems and the one company we wanted cannot come for 3-4 weeks just to evaluate the issue and not even fix it LOL.

Greg tarped the roof and so far so good. A roofer is supposed to be coming this afternoon to take a look at it and Julio tomorrow. Also, we have an online neighborhood group and a nice neighbor (whom we have never met before) responded to my quest (got many helpful responses) for a roofer came by yesterday (he is not a roofer but works for a company who does construction and seems knowledgeable) and looked at the roof with Greg. They couldn't find any issues but let's see if the roofer can diagnose the problem. Life is an adventure and if there is one thing I have learned to date is that we control very little. And that diagnoses are challenging. Really hoping this diagnosis is not too challenging. Fingers crossed.

Thank you @PierreBear for your sweet comments. They mean a lot to me and really cheered me up while Greg was getting the car evaluated yesterday morning. Which is still not fixed. They have to order a whole new windshield with a new sensor. So Greg took the car back home and when the new windshield arrives he will bring it back. Nothing is easy or simple right and that issue took a whole year plus to diagnose. Hope your roof and my roof do not take that long to figure out how to fix.
egads.gif
Hope you are enjoying a wonderful weekend. And just 3 more months till ring wearing commences for good.
thum12.gif

@Sandeek how are you feeling today? Hope you are staying cozy and warm and that you are surrounded by love and holiday cheer. And that things are looking up for you. Sending warm hugs much love and lots and lots of healing dust your way and keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
hugs000001.gif

Happy Christmas Weekend Eve girls!
cringlecancan.gif
(((Hugs))).

enhanced-buzz-22614-1387211696-11.jpg
:cheeky:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the cheer @missy
Almost finished up the 'To Do' list - no way any of it survives the day, or else I may not !

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's!

Jimmianne, yes our Snoopy greeter was checking out the new rug. Isn’t that Yule Log picture a great TV channel? They have a modern yule log channel as well that has a fireplace in a mantle with garlands and stockings but I prefer the classic one. My boss puts that channel on at my desk all the time giving me a hard time he is trying to help me warm up - I am always cold at work. I am done baking. Marty is working on dinner today though. Lasagna is done, Chicken marsala is underway except for the chicken (he’s frying the chicken tenders in the morning then putting them in the sauce) and is now working on sausage in a red sauce. He picked up 4 loafs of french bread for garlic bread. I doubt anyone will go hungry. Your reno is looking great; how nice you found the nice limestone blocks underneath. Darn about removing all the electrical outlets. Can more be put in sometime? What year was your place built? You might put in a tap light or two until you figure out what you want to do. How fun to making your house your own.

Austina, good point about appraisals. Marty has always told me until my employees ask me what they need to do to get a promotion or raise; anything I tell them to work on is just nagging. So many companies have done away with appraisals but I doubt my company will do that. Darn that you can’t get a contractor in until February. Happy Anniversary to you and Colin. 40 years is awesome! How was dinner?

Missy, yes winter is here - the 4 inches of snow we had on the ground this morning reminded me of that. Last I saw in the forecast was flurries - it flurried a lot over and over again. Your chocolate frost short do sounds really cool; I will be anxious to see it. Your toe does sound as gross to see as it must hurt. Hopefully both of those get better quickly. I was quite happy to find my surprise Snoopy. She was surprised I didn’t have that one; I must say I was surprised as well. I like the fire log channel; I’ve been putting it on when I’m reading. It’s so winter / Christmasy to me. You may has well have a variety of wigs; you can have fun changing styles on a daily basis. I am enjoying not being at work. I am glad the tarp is working with the leak and that’s nice you’ve had some people come by to look as well. Life is an adventure. Love the Calvin and Hobbes comic.

AV, that’s great you almost finished the to do list. I am working on mine too.

I slept in until 7:30. Sweet. we went out of lunch and ran a few errands. Marty returned the area rug to the dealer and we picked up a few last minutes things we needed at the grocery store. I’ve been working on laundry and got out our Christmas dishes.

Take care.
Marcy

Reactions: AV_

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, Whoa, you have a lot of food ready! It all sounds delicious. Four inches of snow seems perfect for a white Christmas, now if it will just stop at that.
Oh...until it’s time to go back to work. Then I wish you a cozy snow-in unless that would make you unhappy. I think Snoopy would like it for you as long as there are enough Christmas dinner leftovers!

I braved the Saturday before Christmas crowds at the mall...absolutely wacko, and bought the kids a clothes dryer; self serving, as this is not what I want to see in the dining room. Or have the passersby have to look at. It was taking a week for the clothes to dry, so they were always out.
The dryer will be installed in one of the side caves. It’s pretty interesting here, not to mention very humid. lol.
72C466A6-D161-445E-BA55-DBC0CC17E844.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy Christmas Eve Eve.
festivecheer.gif
Godblessusalleveryone.gif

@marcy 4" of snow not bad and just in time for Christmas if it hangs around...sweet you slept almost til 7:30 AM and slept through the night. Woohoo, that is the right way to start your mini vacation. Nice you are done baking and I bet the house smells fabulous. All your food sounds delicious and I agree no one will go hungry at your house. I can almost taste that bread and lasagna and cookies.:lickout: I cannot wait to see all your new area rugs and other purchases and I hope you love them.

@AV_ good job on that To Do list and here's to more holiday cheer for all of us.
29261o4pp4eiope.gif

@Jimmianne that is an important gift I agree. I would not enjoy hanging my wet laundry all over the place. Especially when it takes a long time to dry in the humidity. When we watch house hunters we see washing machines in the kitchen and never a dryer in sight. I guess it's more an American thing to have a dryer? I mean I do enjoy the smell of freshly dried clothes if dried outside but it's just not that practical given weather and space issues. Good for you and enjoy. Speaking of enjoying I hope you have a wonderful time with the "in laws" to be and your DD. It's going to be a special Christmas Eve and Christmas day for you all.

@Sandeek I am thinking of you and sending holiday cheer and continued healing vibes and gentle hugs your way. Each day that passes is another day you are on your way to a full recovery...(((Hugs))).

@Tekate welcome back and sounds like you had a trip of a lifetime. So much fun and so glad you enjoyed the time away. Lots of good things happening for you and your family and long may that continue.

So we had a roofer come out yesterday who says we need to replace the roof. Greg isn't buying what he calls the roofer's "up sell" since he thinks our roof is OK (it was replaced in 2007) and it just needs re flashing (or something like that I am fuzzy on the technical terms). Julio is due here this AM and we will see what he says. And we had another guy yesterday morning come (before the roofer came) who is a carpenter and does roofing work and he said that the roof needs repair to the flashing so he agrees with Greg. But he is not a roofer and neither is Greg. Neither is Julio but Julio is knowledgeable so we will see what he says today. Rain is coming so I would love to get something done to prevent leaking in the house but timing isn't great with the holidays.

The cat feeder is working great and instead of food disappearing in a less than 6 days it will last 3 weeks so that is a success so far. Of course we are here now and can easily refill the feeders but when we head back to NYC it will be super helpful not to have to come to the house every 5-6 days.

Another of my wig purchases arrived last night but my hair was wet as I had just washed it so didn't try it on yet. It's cute and lower density so lighter in weight. Hoping it looks decent on me and is comfortable (well as comfy as a wig could be that is because no wig is always more comfortable than any wig IMO).

Greg built another stereo system and it is now in our beach kitchen so we can enjoy music while prepping meals. The sound is amazing. Last night as we were preparing dinner we were enjoying the classic holiday tunes of Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby, Dean Martin and Ella Fitzgerald.

Screen Shot 2018-12-23 at 7.55.23 AM.png

Have a wonderful Sunday girls!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Jimmianne I am admiring the stone masonry of your walls!

@marcy, @missy Sure enough, I am done. By early afternoon - there were no loose ends left of 2018 :whistle: - so here I was, taking a nice walk through cafees and jewelry stores (VCA! - but, then, there was this antique pocket watch accross the street... etc.) The order of the day is making merry, and I am getting good at it: =)2:sleep:=)2:sleep:=)2 It is very good to be 'done': of the oodles of nonsense of this year, my thesis & settling on a couple of good house-buing choices is all that is left making sense - good & right.

Last edited:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
GOOD MORNING NIRDI'S!!! I am back, have been since last Wed nite BUT it's been a bit of crazy here trying to get everything done b4 christmas (and it's not done as I realize I need EGGS!!).. I've not yet anything above so I must but I wanted to have a chat with everyone here!

Trip:
Was wonderful, cold in central Europe but I think Christmas was magical there. It was more subdued than here in the USA, but it was lovely, people very nice, the Christmas markets were so cool! Of course I missed the biggest one in Nuremberg I missed because we took a day trip to a medieval town with lunch it was really cool. (I forget the name of course but I will try to add names eventually should anyone want to know, it's the place where all the plague bones, in a cellar of a Catholic church - of course!). Vienna was a bust really in one way, it RAINED, but we had rain gear and we thoroughly enjoyed the beauty of Vienna! Nuremberg was sobering, Prague! Prague! Gosh what a city.. also Budapest was so enchanting! it was like a cooler Paris.. :)

So okay, I'm here. Hubster got a baaad bronchitis thingy (ya know, a MAN cold ;-) ) and so we have been nursing that for a week! got our tree, got our new generator (not hooked up tho ha!).. got some presents, made cookies, got a turkey all that stuff.. been crazy ass busy.

@Sand I hope you are recovering well. Happy Holidays. :
@missy - I MISSed YOU, hope your feeling good. xoxoxo Merry Christmas Missy!
@Jimmianne - where are you? gotta read up here. Merry Happy Christmas lady!
@Austina - I saw some pictures of a London Christmas market it was beautiful! Hope your weather is good and you are having a wonderful holiday.
@marcy !!! how are you? Merry Christmas!!!!
@canuk-gal - Sharon, how's your weather? my nephew and family were driving from Brooklyn to Montreal yesterday, I asked Anne his wife, how's the weather? she didn't know.. almost has 4 kids sooo I'm not suprised! Hope you are well!!!
@AV_ Merry Christmas, hope you are doing well and are enjoying the holiday time!
@PierreBear Happy Merry Christmas, hope you are doing well and happy!

I probably missed somebody, don't mean to - my son is arriving at 12:00 from Arkansas today, it's cold here in Maine BRRRRRRRRR :) but it is Maine.

I told Missy that my son has accepted a job at a bank in NYC as a data engineer, he's going through background checks now so it's not official official but he's a good guy so I'm sure he will pass all checks. He's like to the moon and back.. :) I think crap how will he be able to live in the city on his salary, but he will :) Older son and my DIL are great, saw them at gobble time, my grand daughter is moving closer to birth! they say anyway, April 20th is the due date.. I'm so excited I got her the cutest onesie in Budapest. I will some pix up from my trip in a while, my phone is screwed up, won't take a charge, there was an android upgrade and I stopped being able to send or recieve MMS files. SUX, so I am working on that..

I missed you all, I think I'm a dependent person.. miss my friends at PS NIRDIs.. I send you all love today, peace, and sleep! we all need sleep! @missy I did scroll and see a cool hair style on you, do you have a Dorian Gray type pix at one of your homes? ;-) love you girlie.

Time change ALWAYS screws me up, still not right. and it's only 6 hours. Meh, old age.

sending a huge hug to you all.

all my best to you guys, talk

Kate

ETA ALERT ETA ALERT BRAG TIME!: Forgot for my birthday John said: Let's shop in Louis Vuitton in Vienna, so I got a new Vuitton bag for my bday..I will take a pix eventually if anyone wants to see it, makes my total 3 bags, I would love a chanel but doubt it.

Also I bought a ring from David Klass, they billed my card 2x but I've never heard from them but once and they said it was almost ready but that was a month ago, is this normal? I figure christmas is interferring with my little stacker but they billed me more than they said the ring would cost! but maybe that is mailing etc? taxes? I dunno, any thoughts from anyone? thanks.

xo

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome back, Tekate! You have been on ADVENTURE!
Not to mention that teriffic BD gift!!!
Will catch up more later.
XX

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!!! Merry Christmas Eve!!!
festivecheer.gif
Godblessusalleveryone.gif

santa_toys2.gif

@Tekate Happy Belated birthday girlfriend! Sorry I didn't know it was your special day and so glad you had a wonderful time! As for the David Klass mishcarge please contact him and explain. Dee Jay just got her new ring from him so he is on top of his projects and not sure what happened to yours so yes contact him today. And wow your dh did great with your birthday gift and yes photos please.:appl:

A short birthday poem for our dear Kate.

Happy Birthday sweet dear Kate
Sorry we are a bit late
Happy your day was fun and great
Just like you our sweet dear Kate

A wonderful woman in every way
Kind and generous and oh so wise
and we want you to know
how dearly we prize
your friendship and love
and support of us all
You're a sweetheart and a doll
in every sense of the word

Hoping the day was as special as you are
And though most of us live very far
In our hearts we are near
and wish for you Kate dear
all the happiness in the world
you are a very special soul

@AV_ sounds wonderful "no loose ends" if only we can all add that to our 2018 list before the end of the year. Looking forward to hearing/reading about your future adventures. Have a great Christmas Eve!

@Austina Happy 40th Anniversary to you and Colin!!!! Woohoo what a milestone! And a short sweet poem for our dear NIRDI couple.

Dear Austina and Colin
Very Happy Anniversary wishes
A loving couple
A marriage so delicious
40 years so far
The years flying by
Where does the time go
My oh my

Holding true through the course that is life
Loving and laughing despite some of the strife
Your road is not finished and you have much further to go
Wishing you much more happiness and love to share and to show

Your relationship so special
Despite the ups and downs
The joy and smiles
Far outweighing the frowns
So across the many miles
Wishing you a very happy Anniversary
Austina and Colin and please hug sweet Dottie

Hey @Sandeek just wanted to say hello and see how you are feeling today. Hoping each day is a better day and that you are enjoying the holidays and not worrying about anything but just focusing on one day at a time and being surrounded by your loved ones. Merry Christmas Eve and hoping 2019 is a wonderful year filled with health and happiness and love. And of course some bling.

Yesterday we had a fun day. We headed to Manasquan (the cutest town close to our old beach neighborhood so it was a drive) and walked around and shopped and supported local businesses by buying too much lol. The weather was great yesterday so we took advantage of that. Sunny and high 40s. Today might do some more of walking around but a different neighborhood. Depends on the weather. Oh and I saw the cutest sign at one of the shops yesterday lol so true and perfect for this time of year.

Screen Shot 2018-12-24 at 7.27.15 AM.png

Amen to that. We all know some people like this and hope they get the love they need to be nicer and kinder people. I always say not nice people are not happy people and I feel for them...let's keep spreading the love and kindness... one person at a time.

Happy Christmas Eve girls. Love you.:wavey:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Christmas Eve lovelies

We had a lovely day yesterday, starting off with a big breakfast, followed by a walk with Dottie. Kim had never been to Windsor, so we went and walked around the castle. When we got back, we played lots of silly games on the Wii, which was really fun.

After we had a nice dinner, we played cards in the evening.

Welcome back @Tekate and belated happy birthday, sounds like you had a lovely trip, and yes please, I’d like to see your present :D When we went to Vienna a couple of years ago, it rained a lot too. We’re enoying some lovely, bright, crisp weather today. Great news about your son’s new job, it’ll be an adventure for him.

:lickout: To all your delicious food @marcy, your family are in for a treat. I’m working on more laundry today, it’s breeding even faster! :shock: We went to our favourite Italian restaurant on Saturday evening, the food is always good and we came home stuffed!

Great to be done for the year @AV_ now you can sit back and enjoy the well earned rest.

What a great gift @Jimmianne , my dryer gets used a lot in the winter, but in the summer I like to hang the washing outside to dry. I’ll be on the lookout later to see if Santa has got your present in his sack ;)2

I wouldn’t be in the least bit surprised if the guy saw dollar signs flashing before him @missy. That infuriates me when certain tradesmen think of a number, double it and then just expect you to pay up. Greg may not be a roofer, but he’s incredibly practical, so I’m sure he’s right that it’s a repair, not a whole roof needed.

Thank you for the lovely poem, I really can’t believe how the time has flown. We are fortunate to have found each other and been able to have all these years together. How great to be able to listen to music on something created by your clever sweetheart :love:

Hoping you’re getting better by the day @Sandeek and will be able to enjoy the holiday.

Adam & Kim are out for a couple of hours, meeting up with some of his college friends for lunch. We’re so used to leading a quiet life, that it’s a bit hectic with them here :lol: We’re enjoying having them here, but glad of a couple of hours peace :mrgreen2:

Hi @PierreBear how are things with you, all set for Christmas? Are you celebrating with your in-laws?

Hope no one is stressing about tomorrow, what will be, will be :D

Have a lovely day :wavey:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
All is well that ends well!

Lets make merry, shall we... - I am only starting.

Merry Christmas to whom It may concern or not!

.·.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s! Merry Christmas Eve.

Jimmianne, we did have a lot of food. There was one entire pan of lasagna left, 2 sausages and maybe 4 chicken tenders. Our next snow is expected the day after Christmas. You were brave to go shopping but a clothes dryer will be handy especially with high humidity. I hope you have a great time with DD and her fiancé’s family.

Missy, it’s nice to have snow on the ground for Christmas as long as it’s not too much. I hope the roof does only need the flashing repaired or replaced. We had a leak show up in our den that was from a flashing issue by the front door. It was an easy fix. That is awesome the cat feeder door is working so well. I hope you like your new wig. Greg is turning out some great speakers; how nice. It sounds like you had a great day yesterday. Great poems for Kate and Austina.

AV, what a relief to have your to do list finished for the year. Sweet.

Tekate, Happy Belated Birthday! Your trip sounds wonderful. Oh no that your DH got bronchitis; I hope he is doing better soon. I am good, thanks. Merry Christmas to you as well. That is awesome news for your son; now it’s hurry up and wait for get everything settled. Can’t wait to see your LV bag and ring; i hope you get the charges from DK worked out.

Austina, it sounds like you are having a great time with Kim and Adam there. How fun. Laundry does grow fast. I got all the dish towels and table cloths washed from yesterday before going to bed.

Yesterday was fun and went well. Everyone left around 7 to 8 last night I got all the dishes taken care of this morning, used the swifter and vacuum so plan on being lazy the rest of today.

Take care.
Marcy
The table before everyone arrived
IMG_8501.jpg

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Merry Christmas lovelies!

I hope you all have a special day, doing exactly what you want to do, and spending it with those you want to be with.

xxx

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Merry Christmas NIRDIs!

merrychristmascatanddog.gif

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@junebug17 hoping you and your family are having a wonderful Christmas holiday. Hugs to you all and special meowy kisses to your sweet Zoe from me and my furbbabies to you and yours.

@marcy gorgeous table and glad it was a successful dinner. Delicious with great company. What more could one hope for...merry christmas to you and Marty. Hugs.

@Austina glad you are celebrating with your family and merry christmas to you and Colin and and Adam and Kim and Dottie. Sending you all hugs.

@AV_ hope you are enjoying this lovely Christmas day. Hugs.

@rainwood hope your travels are bringing you exciting adventures with new places to enjoy and merry christmas. Hugs.

@Tekate hoping you are enjoying a very merry Christmas with your family and are almost all recovered from your travels. Hugs.

@LLJsmom have a wonderful Christmas and hugs to you and your family. Those gluten free cookies are scrumptious. Color me shocked...really tasty.
Hugs.

@Jimmianne hope last night went very well and that fun and love and good cheer is continuing this morning. And hope everyone looks smashing and sophisticated in their PJs. ;-) Hugs.

@Sandeek wishing you a very happy Christmas filled with love and good health on the way. Hoping 2019 is a joyous New Year. Hugs.

@CJ2008 Merry Christmas and I am looking forward....hugs.

@canuk-gal merry christmas to you and your family. Hoping you and everyone you love is well. Sending you hugs.

@PierreBear hope you are enjoying family and friends and having a lovely Christmas. Safe travels home. Hugs.

I hope I didn't leave anyone out...sending you all big hugs and lots of love and good wishes for a happy and healthy holiday and New Year filled with joy, health, love and of course a bit of bling.

christmas-tree-rockefeller-center-gif-tr4.gif

Reactions: AV_

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Nirdis!

Been busy here these past few days and I'll catch up soon...

Merry Christmas everyone! I hope everyone has a lovely holiday!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_8981.JPG
from the morning walk

Hi guys
Just checking in.
We started lunch at noon and were at the table all afternoon until just now, 6pm.
Dinner is at 8!

Missy I didn't wear my pjs to breakfast but everyone else came to the table in shorts.

Had a great holiday and wishing a happy holiday with love to all of you.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Merry Christmas NiRDI's!
:dance:
gerxmas_0001.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's! I hope you are having a fabulous Christmas Day.

I did get one piece of bling for Christmas. 3x5mm EC emerald studs. Perfect to go with my EC emerald ring. They were from Killer. I got Killer some weights.
xmas.jpeg

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Hapy Holidays!

Such a peaceful day... I wish there was one every week of the year ,) (they are called 'Sundays' are they not! )

Tomorrow is a work day that many are free to ignore ,) - still Cristmas in my calendar. I will be out for a walk with friends on the 27th. - with this not so secret aim to go for wild thyme & such out in the hills, like just about anyone does during these days (certainly looking forward to properly spiced roast, grilled fish - stuffed with rosemary & some such).

Did not buy anything inedible - but will likely pick up a couple of pieces seen last evening (rather utilitarian: flats - ordered in my size; a lace sweater that just happened to be in a perfect sky blue colour & still makes sense today, etc.) Good to need nothing & browse the sales.

I can easily immagine that a few more days like this will get me bored back into life - cca Jan 10, when 2019 will have started in all professional respects.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Tekate - you have been walking through some of my old hauts! (and I am only just reading the long post now...)

Vienna was a bust really in one way, it RAINED, but we had rain gear and we thoroughly enjoyed the beauty of Vienna! Nuremberg was sobering, Prague! Prague! Gosh what a city.. also Budapest was so enchanting! it was like a cooler Paris

Vienna - I need to see. Everyone who has tells of great things!

Nurenberg is on my travel list (should meet a colleague) I am curious & hope to have time to look around.

Prague I know - lived in it for a few months & the memories from that city still make me smile. I had my formal introduction to amber there (and to academic Economics - not so beautiful) & the best species of brioche ;-)

Budapest - just passed through at most a couple of days at a time - enough to have walked both sides of the Danube through the nice part of the city, each at a time. I have mainly wrote this long-ish post because your mention of Budapest being a cool version of Paris! - there is nothing more right to say in Budapest about Budapest (much that I foreighner can tell). I found this required comparing amusing, but the locals took offense if the High European features of the place were not sufficiently acknowledged.

... digressing

I need to plan some travel & it is good to think of the good side of it.

Happy New Year !

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results