shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Uni

Rough_Rock
@marcy, love the Snoopy bag with the sweet heart. The emeralds are gorgeous. I’m slowly collecting pieces for DD2. Our first vacation with her, we were in the Virgin Islands. I picked up a sapphire bracelet, to eventually be hers. Seeing these remind me that she (and I...:whistle:) needs emeralds too. She’s turned out to be a redhead and can really sport jewel tones. I have to get that bracelet out for a repair; I’ll have to take a picture.

@Tekate a push present from my MIL would’ve been the neatest. Need to keep this in mind...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Uni. How cool to be collecting gemstone pieces for your DD2. What great memories for her. Definitely add emeralds to your collections. it's my birthstone so I have to have one. I'll look forward to pictures of the sapphire bracelet when you get it back from repair.

Marcy

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hiya Nirdis!

@missy, love the last wig you posted, I think that it's my favorite out of all the ones you've shown us. The color is so pretty and is very complementary to your skin tone. I really like the shape of it, and it looks so natural! I'm glad you and your parents had a good time. I know it's hard to see our parents age but it's great they are in good spirits and still enjoying their lives. Ugh, sorry about the leak, it is so frustrating trying to figure out where the problem is, and I hope you can find someone reputable and reasonable. These house issues are such a pain.

No plans for NYE, we'll probably just get pizza and stay home...dh is usually asleep before midnight lol.

Uni, your bag is gorgeous!!! :love: It is something I would choose for myself, I love both the style and the color a lot. I'm really hoping your little guy likes the cookies; it would be such a nice treat for him.

@Tekate, lol to sleeping through NYE, I probably will too! Dh and I aren't big on going out on NYE. So sweet of you to give your diamonds to your dils/sons, they are lucky to have you and I mean it! And I agree that it's nice to pass on some things while we're still here lol.

@Austina, good luck with the plumber and I hope he is able to figure out the issue and fix it quickly. So sweet of you to buy more goodies for Kim.

@marcy, sounds like you got some things accomplished today - I never did get around to putting my decorations away! I ended up being very lazy haha. It's unfortunate that getting new floors gives you extra work, but it will be worth it! Oh no to almost being out of cookies, have fun finishing them off. LOVE your emerald pieces!!! :love: Gorgeous color. Such a good idea to add a larger diamond to the ring, love the extra sparkle.. And your Snoopy coach bag is great! The bag is beautiful and of course Snoopy is adorable.

Very uneventful day here, just straightened up the house a bit and did some laundry. Dh has off tomorrow but we don't really have any special plans, maybe I can talk him into going grocery shopping with me. Woo-hoo, what a wild and crazy couple we are. :P2

Take care! <3

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two thumbs up for the Snoopy Coach!!

Tekate, I enjoyed reading your “rags to riches” story.]

The kids are driving me crazy. Can I get a refund?
Or can I at least get some dust of sanity?
They are having a big New Year’s party tonight with 12 overnight guests and wanted to use my bedroom in the new house for guests. I had just finished furnishing it with nice things, nicer than I have at my own house. It upset me because I have told them several times that my room is off limits for guests [but it is hard for me to say no, because really, what’s the harm? Just that I hate the idea of my beautiful pristine new space being used by partying kids when I haven’t even stayed there yet.]
Last night while they were still out I switched out the good bedding, curtains and decor stuff with things I had planned to donate to the thrift shop, then emptied my closet, took all the towels and bath products out. My moment of insanity, as I am sure now we will have to have a discussion, and my car is loaded to the roof with everything I removed. Sigh. They just got on my “last nerve” LOL
thank you, my NIRDI therapists, if you got this far.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Tekate You have written magic words! - 'clotted cream' I could see myself boarding a local flight to Cambridge, having a scone & getting back (the local GRX airport is a shack in the fields - but, it does get direct flights to London).

@missy All is well here, fingers crossed. I had an unexpectedly nice cumpleaños (a friend remembered! - I'd rather not count by now)

@AV_ I tried to buy rosemary here for a pasta dish ... I love rosemary..! sending you a big hi and hug lady! Oh and I agree with Jimmi, don't think about practical things in life till you must!

Amin!

@av, you made out very well on your walk! I LOVE pasta and your dish sounds delicious, yum. It is so nice that you can experience the same things you grew up with.

You'll laugh, but I almost never make pasta, so it is an exotic dish in this house =)2.

YES, it means the world to me to have a taste of the old days (must I say it - as if this were not obvious enough). It took me some decades to learn how unusual my chieldhood was, and how incongruous my learned wants for a working kitchen garden deep in the coutry & a world class library - since we had both. The dream! (what does one do with fine jewelry in the mud? - but there had to be some for good measure, hence my traipsing around here)

I slept about 20 hour, from noon on yesterday. Feeling better, but look like h**l...
My [unthinkable!] fourth trip here in 2018, and every trip has been busy and unsettled.
However, there are those magic moments, if one does not blink.

Same here :sleep:. This is the morning after, in fact.

I will be trying for some magic too! (simple things: requiring shopping & late lunch in town & then corny New Year things to do...)

Have you been cooking with more of your foraged iingredients @AV_?

Cooking is much said... There was fresh bread & olive oil & rosemary & thyme; with some random nibbles around (figs & almonds & dry grapes & local cured cheese etc. to go with them - no cooking & good fun, IHMO - www)

Looking forward, as the saying goes!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tekate, I enjoyed reading your “rags to riches” story.

Thanks @Jimmianne I talk to you guys like I did to my sister who we all know died on me, I'm sure the first thing she thought was "oh good no more of Kate and her phone calls!" (j/k of course).

The kids are driving me crazy. Can I get a refund?' (hahaha love this).

I always said: "If I signed up for this job, I RESIGN!" even as adults my kids can and do drive me bonkers. Like this one Jimmi (and yup I know we have the FIRST world problems but they are ours).. I told you guys I was going to Dominican Republic for a week late Feb to first week in March. yay! whatever. So the powers that be that aren't me have scheduled a baby shower for my DIL, in Austin, on March 9th, so I get back at 11:30pm March 7th, get up and unpack get on a plane to Atown and arrive around 11:30 pm March 8th, get up take a shower, go to the shower, (probably 'help' with cost) and then hopefully my bestie will be in town and spend the night with her, spend Sunday with my kid(s) and home Monday.. no sh-- I am old, and yet if I don't go my son will be crushed, okay I can deal with that Jimmi but he will be mad, when Mike is mad at me it's a dark place, he's so much like me (except the guy part right ;-) ) I mean doesn't anyone think... dang Kate is getting old!! let's just have her buy a great big expensive gift(s) for Autumn!. Nope.

My best friend who lives in Austin she and I go back to '85, our kids are close in age, we have had our ups and downs thru our friendship years.. her daughter has 2 kids, 1 and 2 and I sent a gift for both but my bestie didnt invite me to her shower because she loves me so I will ask her if she wants to go but she is very very introverted - I guess we are friends because I'm not introverted - at. all But her husband is an executive with IBM and they travel extensively, like all the time.

My long story short is, our kids our adult kids, have expectations of full mamma love and we give it but with that comes the 'taking mom for granted, forever' thing'.. you are a great mom, a fine cool lady and changing out your room!! very cool, shows standing up for yourself, I think it's a fine solution to all your care and work. :)

Happy New Year lady!

We can't resign from our jobs as moms, we don't really want to, we just keep on being the best mom's and keep some of us for us. :) more than fair.

Supposed to get rain here in Maine! bettern snow!

Two thumbs up for the Snoopy Coach!!

Or can I at least get some dust of sanity? Dust for you! tons of it!

They are having a big New Year’s party tonight with 12 overnight guests and wanted to use my bedroom in the new house for guests. I had just finished furnishing it with nice things, nicer than I have at my own house. It upset me because I have told them several times that my room is off limits for guests [but it is hard for me to say no, because really, what’s the harm? Just that I hate the idea of my beautiful pristine new space being used by partying kids when I haven’t even stayed there yet.]
Last night while they were still out I switched out the good bedding, curtains and decor stuff with things I had planned to donate to the thrift shop, then emptied my closet, took all the towels and bath products out. My moment of insanity, as I am sure now we will have to have a discussion, and my car is loaded to the roof with everything I removed. Sigh. They just got on my “last nerve” LOL
thank you, my NIRDI therapists, if you got this far.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AV_ CLOTTED CREAM.. yup.. I discovered it (altho read about it) on my first trip to Londson, I love love love it.. miss it.. can't find it here with the lucious delicious British flair for perfection. Let's both fly in to Cambridge and have a scone or 2, @Austina will put us up ;-) I love England.. people so nice.

AV I love your stories and your knowledge! the bling of bling is all I can say.. the attraction of color and beauty, I don't love diamonds and jewelry for showoffing (new word, a verb! ha).. I love the allure.. the beauty, the art, now I do use purses to show off as I mentioned but hell I ain't perfect. ;-) BTW did I miss your bday? I'm sorry.. happy belated bday! Hope you had a good day full of happiness. :) sorry again.

I will look forward with you! happy new year!

Last edited:
Reactions: AV_

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@junebug17 Happy New Year (early) to you and yours June! we are having lamb chops and rosemary potatoes and broccolli! and chocolate chip cookies, John will have a whiskey and me and iced tea and I will be in bed by 9:00.. he will trundle along around 11 and next thing I know it's 2019!

Lucky you who has a husband who won't grocery shop, my husband loves to grocery shop and push the effing cart - not allowed, it's manly ;-) he's great just weird at times, but he probably thinks the same of me.

Happy Happy NewYear Junie! to you and yours and may 2019 be a wonderful year for you all!

Kate

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
[QUOTE="Tekate,

Thanks @Jimmianne I talk to you guys like I did to my sister who we all know died on me, I'm sure the first thing she thought was "oh good no more of Kate and her phone calls!" (j/k of course).
Ha, yes. (Dark humor is a priveledge hard won).

My long story short is, our kids our adult kids, have expectations of full mamma love and we give it but with that comes the 'taking mom for granted, forever' thing'..

Yeh, They love us, but somehow, something about this mother- child relationship remains a one way street : )
I am quoting my DD...a relationship therapist!!
« Yes, mother. You must do my bidding, but don’t expect the same. It is the natural dynamic. ». Cracks me up when it is not annoying me.
(Kate, Thanks for giving me back my sense of humor).

Truly, the whole thing is downright disfunctional. Lol

We can't resign from our jobs as moms, we don't really want to, we just keep on being the best mom's and keep some of us for us. :) more than fair.

Supposed to get rain here in Maine! bettern snow![/QUOTE]

If rain is better, I hope that’s what you get! Bu in Maine when they say rain do they mean snow??? How does it ever get warm enough there to rain????

Uni

Rough_Rock
Lol, it’s been refreshing to read your perspectives on motherhood. :D We had kids in our mid-late 30s. My mother has recent dementia, which has brought out a very unfortunate side. It’s been interesting to be at a (hopefully) more mature age, training a young daughter while dealing with my mother’s dementia. It’s comforting to know that even in better circumstances, daughters are still a challenge. Shew. :mrgreen2:

@marcy I found a picture of the bracelet.
62239816-82FB-4997-A0F5-D1ACAD2721C6.jpeg

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Uni :) I had my first kid at 35 and 2nd at 39.. so I think your ages of havng children were an excellent choice ;-)

The bracelet is gorgeous.. at the bottom where the sun shines on the bracelet look at the blue there! gorgeous..

Ah, dementia.. my dear pain in the ass mother in law, of whom I was not fond per see but as the years rolled by she grew on me (she made cheap look expensive and she was rich.. which is a good thing because she is blowing it for years now in a posh, EXPENSIVE adult care in MD).. my MIL has had increasing dementia for over 10 years now and will be 100 in April. She doesn't know us, her ability to move is limited to sitting in a wheelchair but she can be very interesting to the help at the 'home' my SIL thought she was a goner 4 years ago and started planning her funeral, but she fooled my SIL who finds it too 'upsetting to see Mom because Mom's not there' but can vacation in Hawaii and Europe with ease. meh. I believe my MIL will outlive me. As my mother in law faded out I was incredulous because she was very smart, ditzy, but smart, my FIL up and had Pick's disease was left this world within 4 years.. it is painful to see our family members become who you never thought they could be.. screaming, mean spirited, my FIL started running around kissing women, holding hands with women (that was unbelievable), I feel very much for you, so sorry for you and for your mom.. as you know I am sure, parts of our brains just don't work, :( people get very mean sometimes that I have seen, my MIL can be rude, but most times she sleeps. I send you a hug a huge! one! it's so hard.

Reactions: Uni

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Got my stacker from DK today, I love it. My husband said 'it's nice but small' he doesn't comprehend the stacker mentality AT ALL ! It's lovely, it's beautifully crafted.. @mrs-b had a party and I bought it there but it had to be sized for me (size 7 fat fingers).. the quality of David Klass Jewelry is phenomonal and I very much enjoyed talking with Amy, a lovely woman, her parents were super and David Klass was total class.

This is ring as I said is a stacker but the small diamonds really have fire but I only have my crappy Essential phone and it cannot do justice to this lovely ring.

DK1.png DK3.jpg DK4.jpg DK5.jpg DK6.jpg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Tekate - I remember that ring from our get-together! It was gorgeous! I'm so glad it's yours now. :))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Girls it's New Year's Eve and I want to wish every one of you a happy and healthy 2019. XO.

@junebug17 have a wonderful New Year's Eve tonight. Sounds perfect. (((Hugs))). And a kiss to Zoe and lots of meowy purrs from my furry crew to your sweet girl.

@marcy oooh gorgeous emeralds...and love that Snoopy bag. Darn to almost being out of cookies. Enjoy them while they last and that's what makes them special right? Sending you lots of (((hugs))) and have a happy NYE.

@Jimmianne we are always here for you. Happy NYE my dear...have fun. (((Hugs)))

@Tekate love your new stacker from David Klass. Beautiful. Hope you and your family have a lovely celebration tonight. (((Hugs)))

@Austina I hope your shower was fixed and everything is going smoothly...have a wonderful NYE. Sending you hugs. And please kiss Dottie from me.

@AV_ aww Happy Birthday! Glad you had a lovely time and that your friend remembered...I love birthdays no matter how old I get...but I like quiet celebrations just with my dh generally. I like it low key. Have a lovely NYE. (((Hugs))).
Just a quick poem:

Wishing you happiness, health and joy
Throughout the year and beyond
May life continue to bring you
Love laughter and sweetness
May you be surrounded by loved ones
Forever blissful in togetherness

Hugs and happy birthday wishes
From all the nirdis and ps sisters
Sending you love
Today and always
Big hugs
See you later!

@LLJsmom Happy NYE and lots of (((hugs)))

@rainwood have a beautiful NYE and sending you big (((Hugs))).

@PierreBear Happy NYE my dear. (((Hugs)))

@Sandeek wishing you a happy and healthy 2019 and hope you enjoy a lovely NYE this evening. (((Hugs))).

@canuk-gal wishing you a happy NYE and a wonderful New Year. (((Hugs))).

@Uni yes I am (mainly) Paleo AIP. I hope your sweet boy enjoys the cookies and if/when I find worthy recipes to share with you I will. Thank you so much for the lovely comments. Sending you and your little boy hugs and wishes for a happy and healthy New Year.

Hi @mrs-b have a lovely NYE. Hugs to you and your furry crew from me and my furry crew.

Yesterday went very well and very smoothly. Everything was working and we got all our mail and packages and dropped things off and came back to the beach. Love when everything goes so easily.

Today we had a busy day and just got back and I am off to soak in the tub. Looking forward to a quiet romantic evening just the 2 of us and our 4 furry babies. Appointment for roof fix on Thursday if the weather cooperates. If it rains we need to reschedule. Speaking of rain it just started raining now so we will see if the tarp holds. Fingers crossed.

Have a wonderful NYE ladies!(((Hugs))).

I have to leave you with a laugh...blast from the past. Tom just texted this photo he took circa 1989 from my residency days. Look at our big hair. :lol:ROFLMAO. I sure had a lot of hair back then. Sis in chair.
And wow to the big clothes and big hair from the 1980s. Just wow.

Screen Shot 2018-12-31 at 3.23.26 PM.png

Love you girls! Happy NYE!
May 2019 be filled with joy and love, peace and happiness. May all your dreams (continue to) come true and may you be surrounded by love and warmth and friendship and unconditional love. (((Hugs))).

225653-Happy-New-Year-Gif-With-Cat-And-Dog.gif

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Tekate, Your new stacker is beautiful and looks perfect with your 3 diamond ring. David Klass does a great job with jewelry and packaging. I love reading your posts.

Junie, I’m glad you had a great time in SC and love your new ring. I wear a much smaller diamond band most days when I’m out running errands or have my niece. She always wants to wear my ring when we go out to eat or for ice cream while we are sitting in the restaurant. I was looking for a small diamond ring I used to wear years ago but I think I gave it to her mom when she was in High School because she loved to wear it.

@marcy Your emerald earring are beautiful. I’m sure they look great against your skin.

Your bag is so pretty @Uni. I love the color. I need to get myself a neutral color bag. Every bag I purchase is black.

@missy All the wigs look great on you. You found a perfect color to compliment your skin tone. Tuey could probably thin the ones you feel have too much hair out for you. If they make you feel good wear them. I think you are wise getting them before any hair loss is really noticable. Even if some notices they will they will think you are having fun and they aren’t needed for severe hair loss. I was told by a wig person that is the best way to do it.

@Jimmianne have a wonderful time dress shopping. So much fun!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Hi @Uni sorry to hear your little guy has allergies, hopefully Missy’s recipe will enable him to enjoy some goodies. Wow, lovely bracelet, lucky DD and you’ll be able to tell her of its journey.

@marcy - your earrings really glow, they go so well with your other pieces, your ring is really unusual. Love your Snoopy bag, it’s soooo cute.

Yay, so glad your ring’s come, it’s lovely, and looks perfect on you @Tekate - men, what do they know?:lol:

Ugh @Jimmianne I would feel exactly the same, there have been times I felt like a hotelier, not a mother, when Adam visited.

:lol: @junebug17 - we all live the rock’n’roll life don’t we?

The guy who came this morning was a waste of time, we feel pretty certain we know what the problem is, but he wouldn’t listen. He wanted to start pulling things apart, causing potential damage. There’s no way we can replace the tiles if he’d damaged them, so we said no, and he left.

Hi @missy, I hope the new year brings you good health and a resolution to all your issues.

Happy new year my lovely NIRDIS, wishing you all a year of peace, happiness and good health. :wavey:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy New Year, dear NIRDIs. Almost time for another year of wonderful friends and juicy gems!!!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina, I think most people who have younger people in their lives feel like you do at some point. if people are honest probably more than a few times. I’m a drop of the hat babysitter and wouldn’t have it any other way. If they lived with me I’m sure I’d would feel like a hotelier. When we all together and the kids talk about the crazy things we did when they were little and talk about how much fun we had everything seems worth it.

Last edited:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy New Year! I am glad we are staying in tonight.
upload_2018-12-31_15-49-31.png

Uni

Rough_Rock
@Tekate, thanks. Your MIL sounds like something else. ;-) . THAT RING. :kiss2: . That's a very good way to start off 2019.

@Calliecake @junebug17...Brown and black bags were all I ever bought! This color (galet) was a wild moment. :lol-2: . It goes with everything and I'm a convert.

@marcy...that's entirely too cold. It's been snowing here all day, and I'm hoping it stops before the evening crowd gets on the road. Stay warm!!! :)

@Austina, thank you! And that's a very cute dog you have. I saw clotted cream upthread. Several years ago, thanks to Doc Martin, we made our way to Cornwall. It was there we had our introduction to clotted cream and pasties. :love:

It's a quiet, snowy night in for us. Soup and movies in front of the fire. Perfect in our book. Happy New Year, All!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
3E350FB6-5CF8-45B7-B9D0-30D90284A91F.gif

@missy, thanks for the lovely New Year's wishes, I hope you and Greg have a very enjoyable NYE and a great day tomorrow. Love the pic of you and your sister! Glad to hear everything went smoothly today. Please give all your furbabies an extra cuddle and hug (if they'll allow it :D) from me.

@Jimmianne, we are always here to listen - I get it, so hard to say no to our kids! My brother calls me "the Spoiler" because he says I spoil everybody, including the cat haha! Great idea to swap everything out; that should give you some peace of mind. Hope you have a relaxing NYE!

@av, I hope you enjoyed your lunch and shopping trip - and Happy New Year!

@Tekate, your NYE dinner sounds delicious! Wishing you and John a lovely night and a Happy New Year! Woo-hoo, so happy your ring finally made it to you! Oooh, it's gorgeous! Love it! :appl: John's reaction made me smile...I agree, men just don't get stacking rings lol!

@Uni, I'm sorry about your mother's diagnosis, and am sending lots of hugs and support to you, I know it's hard. LOVE your bracelet! :love: Really beautiful! Thanks for the eye candy :kiss2: I wish you a peaceful and fun NYE, and a Happy New Year.

@Austina, ugh, sorry about the frustrating service appointment and I hope you find someone more competent soon. Yes, we are a wild and crazy bunch, aren't we? :P2Wishing you a wonderful NYE with Colin!

@Calliecake, thank you! I agree, I have been wearing the band during the day and it is so comfortable and easy to wear. Love that your niece always wants to wear your ring, too cute - She has good taste lol! I'm sending you lots of good wishes for a nice night with your dh and and an enjoyable New Year's Day!

@canuk-gal, thinking of you and wishing you a Happy New Year!

@marcy, omigosh, definitely a good night to stay home! Stay warm and enjoy your evening with Marty - Happy New Year!

Wishing all the Nirdis a New Years filled with happiness and love!

Attachments

• 4E589C44-ED2D-41D7-AE79-BBA7C218C649.gif
    4E589C44-ED2D-41D7-AE79-BBA7C218C649.gif
    14.8 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDi’s! Happy New Years! I am wishing all of you a happy, healthy, prosperous and sparkly 2019.

Junebug, we stayed home tonight too. Safer and warmer that way. Decorations can always wait. I do miss the tree and Snoopy Village. Thank you for the kind words about my emeralds and Snoopy bag. I love the color of emeralds; I may have to get another ring someday. Did you guys venture out shopping today?

Jimmianne, thank you - I enjoyed the Snoopy bag today. I dug out one of my Snoopy Coach wristlets to keep my house keys and chap stick in and it worked great. I hate through my keys in the bottom of my bag. There is a zip pocket but I have our key fobs in there. I am sorry your newly decorated room was lent out to overnight guests. I can’t say I blame you since you told them your room was off limits. I would have that talk with them. I don’t like people using my things either.

AV, we rarely have pasta here either. It’s a bad carb in Marty’s book. I think it’s great to enjoy some things from the old days. Those memories are comforting. Happy Birthday!

Kate, I always enjoy your stories. That will be a rush getting to the shower after coming back from your trip. I am sure Mike will appreciate you coming to the shower. Can you tell me what is clotted cream? Your ring looks fabulous; that is on of my favorite style of band. Your dinner sounds great especially the cc cookies. Marty doesn’t mind shopping and loves me to go with him. I’m thrilled if he does all of the shopping. I am sorry to hear about your MIL and FIL; it is so hard to see them change.

Uni, sorry to hear about you mom. I am sure that is hard to deal with. That is a fabulous bracelet. I have a very similar one. Sorry to hear you are getting snow. Your evening sounds perfect and I should crank on our fire place. Good idea!
upload_2018-12-31_22-4-44.png

Hi Mirs-b

Missy, thanks for the compliments on my emeralds and Snoopy bag. I appreciate it. I hope you had a Happy NYE. I am glad to hear your trip to the city went smoothly. Crossing my fingers that the tarp holds and keeps the rain out. Love your blast from the past photo.

Callie, I like wearing diamond bands on busy days. That is so cute your niece wants to try on your rings. Thank you for the nice words about my emeralds. I like the color for sure.

Austina, thank you for the comments about my emeralds. The ring was out of a one of a kind designer collection at Argenzio Brothers. I generally like symmetrical jewelry but this ring really appealed to me. Oh no that the plumber wanted to tear up your tiles. That is something you can’t salvage to put back. I hope you get someone else in there soon.

I did get off work at 3 today. I did not pick up the mail; I told Marty there is nothing I want that bad in the mail to get out in that weather longer than I have to be exposed to it. I wore thermals under my clothes again. We had BBQ flank steak with baked potatoes for supper and a few candy cane cookies. Marty is working on redesigning his webpage for strength training and I am working on a winter stars and constellations report for the astronomy club. Such exciting NYE for us.

Take care.
Marcy

Reactions: AV_

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy New Year's Day!

happy-new-year-cats.gif

Perfect evening for us...dinner by the fire and relaxing watching a movie and then bed. Fell asleep early and only woke up once. A sweet start to the New Year and the tarp is holding so far woohoo.

@junebug17 hope you had a lovely evening and enjoyed some yummy pizza with your loved ones. I hugged all our kitties from you and Zoe and they all received the extra love happily. Thank you! Happy 2019!

@marcy your mini celebration sounded perfect and woah it's too cold by you. Hope those thermals are keeping you nice and warm. Our temps are in the 50s much of the day today and if it wasn't so windy we would go cycling...good luck with Marty's redesign of his web page and enjoy working on your astronomy letter. And yay for getting off work early yesterday. It all sounds good to me. Happy first day of 2019!

snoopynewyear.gif

@AV_ Happy 2019! Hope you are off to a good start.

@Sandeek hope you had a nice celebration and are enjoying peace and comfort and a nice start to 2019. Wishing for good health and complete recovery. XO.

Dear Kate the Great @Tekate Happy New Year my dear! Hope you are enjoying a blast of a good time and had a good night's sleep.

@CJ2008 Happy 2019 sweet CJ! And no you did not wake me. XOXO.

@Austina oh no I am sorry and hope you can find someone to fix it soon. I feel your pain and am a bit apprehensive about Thursday and the roof. If it doesn't rain hoping these guys can fix the issue and it if does rain then we have more waiting to do. Anyway hoping 2019 is a problem free year or at least hope the problems that do arise (and of course they are sure to) are quite fixable and easily accomplished as well. And of course and most importantly wishing good health for all.

@Jimmianne Bon Jour and Bonne Année.:kiss: Sending you hugs and more hugs across the many miles.

@canuk-gal Happy New Year dear Sharon. Thinking of you.

@Sunstorm sending you hugs and healing vibes and extra gentle love for Sapphie. XO.

@PierreBear Happy New Year dear Pierrebear! XOXO.

@Calliecake thank you. I want to try blonder but I think I look better in more auburn/brunette colors though my HH wig is blonde with darker roots and if you remember that one that is definitely the prettiest one on me so maybe there is room for being blonde...hope you enjoyed a lovely NYE.

@Uni your evening last night sounded perfect and hope the snow is pretty and manageable too. Happy New Year. Wishing your family a sweet New Year.

Girls have a lovely lovely start to this beautiful New Year. We are probably heading to the beach and perhaps some shopping as well. It is sort of our New Year's Tradition...but we will see what the day brings. Sending you all hugs and love.

Leaving you with a photo from last night...all 4 kitties are in this photo...can you find them?

Screen Shot 2019-01-01 at 7.29.30 AM.png

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@marcy Happy New year!!!! surprisingly we are still getting fireworks here in Southern Maine WHAT! I know, you have to live here. Let it snow! we are not due for any at this time.. yet. ;-) thank you so much for tolerating my stories, I am a story teller, or as Mike would say, Mom shut up!! PLEEZE. He used to have a rule that at dinner I couldn't tell them ONE story about my childhood.. today he would deny that, but it's true!!! Happy New Year again! xoxoxo to you and yours.

@Uni Hah my MIL.. the saint.. Happy New Year! I sincerely wish you happiness this year! thank you for reading also my stories, we have a wonderful bunch here! xoxoxo

@Austina Happy New Year! yes men, stackers are gorgeous! how are you? Plumbers :( :( I hear you. I'm sorry and its a bit- -.

@Calliecake Happy Happy New Year girl! xoxo

@canuk-gal Happy NEW YEAR!!! hope all is well up your way.. xoxo

@PierreBear Happpy NEW YEAR to you and your family and everyone! xoxoxoxo

@AV_ Hope you are well, and happy and have a Happy New Year!!!

@Jimmianne Happy NEW YEAR to you and good evening also.. Hope you had a great day. xoxox and here's to a blingful year!!!

@missy Happy New Year Missy and Greg. What can I say? I am thankful for our friendship, I am thankful that people like you exist! nice, kind, briliant etc! Greg, he's a dream.. Here's to a 2019 that we get together some and that our health's are good for me and GREAT for you(notice not great what can I ask for huh Missy? I'm old ;-) ) Peace always to you and yours. My heart to your heart.

kit.gif

I am blessed by whatever powers that be to have found this little niche on the web of wonderful friendship and camaraderie, and love of pretty things and animals and life.. We are good people. Thank you all for reading my self help stories of my life and family hee hee you're stuck I guess, or just mosey on! thank you all for being my friend!

Kate the GrEAt

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I’m making a conscious effort to stop wallowing, and pull myself out of the self pitying mire! :lol: I’m really surprised that their departure has left us (both) feeling so down. Looking forward though, we’ll see them again in February.

It was a glorious day weatherwise, bright, dry and not really cold, Dottie had fun running around the woods, chasing squirrels up trees and barking at them to come down :lol: I’d love to see what she’d do if one actually stopped and faced her.

Happy new year @Calliecake, yes, there have been times when their visits have been stressful for one reason or another, but this was enjoyable from start to finish.

I love your bag @Uni the colour is a true neutral, it goes its everything. :lickout: to pasties and clotted cream and jam on a lovely fresh scone.

We have a running joke @Tekate that we’re always repeating ourselves and telling Adam the same thing several times, so much so, we do it deliberately now just to annoy him :lol: The perks of parenthood, there have to be some, right? There were lots of fireworks here last night, and again tonight, :angryfire: scares Dottie so much.

Yikes it’s cold @marcy, no wonder you’ve got your thermals on. Glad you got off work early. I hope everything goes well with the new flooring, I’m sure it’ll look great.

I’m glad you’re enjoying your new band @junebug17 it really is lovely. I can see it’s a piece you’ll get so much wear from.

Aww to the kitties warming themselves by the fire, it looks so inviting and cosy @missy I’m not stressing about the shower, we contacted the guy who did our bathroom and painted the house. He can fix it, so we’ll wait till he’s free, it’s not leaking or in use, so not a problem. I hope your roof will be an easy fix, water is so invasive, one tiny hole and it’ll find it’s way in everywhere.

There were lots of fireworks going off here last night, we ended up staying up till 12.30pm until they finished, had the TV on really loudly to help drown them out so Dottie didn’t get too stressed. :x2

I can’t believe we’re into 2019, what a year we’ve had, met and made good friends, travelled and are a year closer to our ultimate goal. The highlight of course, was being entrusted with Bella, never in my wildest dreams!

Looking forward to hopefully, meeting more NIRDIS this year and enjoying the company of you all here :D

Hope the new year has started well for you all :wavey:

Uni

Rough_Rock
@marcy, that bracelet is beautiful. Is that yellow gold? I like the pairing of the diamonds and sapphires! And an astronomy club is so neat. I wonder if I have one near me... I'm a (retired) pilot and always used to carry a constellation guide with me. I loved watching meteor showers and having the best seat for those few-times-in-a-lifetime events.

@missy, that is a great, cozy picture. The cats certainly have it made!

@Jimmianne I hope you (and your new room!) survived to the new year. That was sweet for you to go to all the trouble for them.

@Tekate the stories are great. My *parents* used to tell me that at our dinner table. Something about me having a flair for too many details. Pfft. That's the salt of the story! :lol: I can't say I've become a better story teller.....

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so excited, and just had to share with you all, Adam & Kim just face timed us, they’re engaged :dance:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so excited, and just had to share with you all, Adam & Kim just face timed us, they’re engaged :dance:

OMG @Austina what wonderful news!!!!

congrats.gif

So happy for you and Colin and for the happy couple!!! :kiss2::appl:

Did you help him pick out the ring @Austina? We need details.:halo::bigsmile:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol: To say we’re thrilled is an understatement @missy.

The ring is a white gold diamond and sapphire cluster. I’ve got a very bad photo, which doesn’t do it justice, the sapphires are a lovely colour IRL. It’s unusual, but very pretty, and she loves it.

AC24937A-70B5-4B67-BDB5-83400422DA37.jpeg

Uni

Rough_Rock
@Austina, congratulations and best wishes! The ring is lovely. I love the sapphires and I'm so happy that she found something she loves. :kiss2::kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results