carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s! Happy New Year!

Missy, you did have a perfect New Year’s Eve. I love the Snoopy movie. That is so cute. I did get all of my astronomy stuff done today. I printed out 2 pages of handouts for my talk this month too. I’m ready! Great photo of your great room and I see the kitties are taking life easy.

Kate, too funny about not telling stories at the dinner table. I wish I remembered many of my parent’s stories; one of my sisters seems to retain those stories but I sure didn’t. Stay warm for me. Cute movie of the kitty and puppy.

Austina, I hate to hear you and Colin are feeling down after Kim and Adam leaving. I think this time of year is hard because it’s rush, rush, rush and then nothing. Give them a call and hopefully that makes you both feel better. February will be here before you know it. Dottie had fun outside; I bet if she caught a squirrel she’d be going - what do I do now? You did have quite a year in 2018. Update - Congratulations to Adam and Kim. :appl:How exciting!!! Very pretty ring - I really like the style and sapphires photograph dark.

Uni, yes the sapphire bracelet is YG. Marty picked that one out for me. How cool you got to see some meteors from the cockpit of a plane; I see pictures online sometime of northern lights captured by someone in a plane. Very cool. I imagine you have a local astronomy club nearby. Our club isn’t very active but we have a dozen or so members that come to meetings all the time.

We are having a tenderloin roast for dinner here shortly. It smells amazing. Also rice and veggies plus our last 2 candy cane cookies. Living the high life here.

We are still working on that stupid Crab Nebula puzzle. My vision has certainly hampered my puzzle piece matching ability. Phooey.

There is a bit of snow on the ground but at least it’s sunny.

Take care.
Marcy

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wooo hooo! congratulations!!! to you and them! :)

The ring is stunning! I so love that the girls today and guys pick out a ring they LOVE.. it's beautifu Austina.. so happy for you.

(above added after I read further :) )

I’m so excited, and just had to share with you all, Adam & Kim just face timed us, they’re engaged :dance:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I came back to look at Kim's ring again. It is so pretty. :appl:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! It's late and I'm a little tired so this will be quick, just wanted to check in with you all.

@missy, your NYE sounds great, very relaxing. Love the cozy fire and all the kitties :love: I found them all lol! Hope you and Greg had an enjoyable day today.

@marcy, yes, dh and I did end up going food shopping...the store was busy! Luckily I didn't need that much so we were in and out pretty quickly. Your sappire bracelet is beautiful! :love: Sounds like you and Marty had a relaxing NYE, dh and I did too...had pizza with ds (who then went out), watched some tv and then called it a night. Good for you for getting all your astronomy work done, it must feel good to have it finished and ready to go.

@Tekate, that gif is so funny! :lol: I so agree with your comments, I'm grateful and happy that I have gotten to know such wonderful people through this thread.

@Austina, I am so happy and excited about Kim and Adam's engagement!!! Fabulous news! :appl::dance::clap: I LOVE her ring, it's gorgeous!!! It looks SO pretty on her hand! :love: I'm sorry you and Colin are still feeling a little down and missing them, the days after a holiday really can be a let-down - sending lots of hugs and comfort to you...just keep focusing on February!

@Uni, your NYE sounds perfect! I'm glad you had a cozy and relaxing time with your family. Wow, how cool you are a retired pilot! The best thing about PS is getting to meet such interesting people!

Guess I'll call it a day...not sure why I'm so tired, must be all this relaxing :P2 Hope everyone has a good night, and a good day tomorrow xxx

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Austina, congratulations to everyone in your family, and soon to be family!
Wonderful news. Did you suspect anything ahead of time?
Thank you for the great idea...I had not considered annoying the kids intentionally. YES!!!

Last night I decided to move all the furniture in the living room, and behind the desk the wallpaper had loosened. As usual, I got curious wanting to see what the wall was made of, assuming it was a false sheetrock wall on metal supports. But this is what I found. Having so much dusty fun with this house lol

A5423FC6-2B97-47A5-BE10-9A5D3A207971.jpeg

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Happy New Year! I am glad we are staying in tonight.

Wather this darned, makes me Love it indoors, sure enough ,)

It was relatively balmy here (a few ºC over 0), no wind - however, the local idea of a NYE party is a sort of bar hopping - where one does not get to stay sheltered much; brilliant passtime - from March to November, IHMO.

If I can't dress up for NYE, better sleep the old year off...

A sweet start to the New Year and the tarp is holding so far woohoo.

Good luck plugging that hole... It sounds - distressing!

@AV_ Happy 2019! Hope you are off to a good start.
Girls have a lovely lovely start to this beautiful New Year. We are probably heading to the beach and perhaps some shopping as well. It is sort of our New Year's Tradition...but we will see what the day brings. Sending you all hugs and love.

Leaving you with a photo from last night...all 4 kitties are in this photo...can you find them?

Yours is a great New Year tradition! & your mentioning it reminds me that I have not made it to the coast, although I wished for just such a trip even before the Holidays. Not much of a trip, but the day-long walks I want take a bit of planning ahead... TBD

Re. photo: I cannot see in the dark like they do ,) - & love the fireplace at least as much!

... I'm a (retired) pilot and always used to carry a constellation guide with me.

- the only 'app' I have ever voluntarily got... (beside email & Twitter - which are too common to count), not that I have an inkling of a clue what it can do.

Happy New Year!

I’m so excited, and just had to share with you all, Adam & Kim just face timed us, they’re engaged

:clap::clap::clap::doh::pray::shifty::silenced::clap::clap::clap::clap: - how do you say this in English!

Thank you for the great idea...I had not considered annoying the kids intentionally. YES!!!
Last night... I got curious wanting to see what the wall was made of

... it might be too late for the 'kids' to learn that a home is a bundle of private space to observe - not a sort of city square. I cannot recall when & how this lesson sunk in - before 5YO.
Dust ought to help!

____
As you say it (above) may that this be a good start - and it does look that way already =)2

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@junebug17 nice getting all your food shopping done already. We might do that today or probably the end of the week more likely as we are pretty well stocked I think. The weather yesterday was nice wasn't it? Almost felt like Spring albeit a windy spring day. Hope you had a good night's sleep and feel well rested this morning. (((Hugs))).

@marcy sweet you finished your astronomy newsletter. And you had me at candy cane cookies. Sigh.:lickout: Hope you are making progress on that crab nebula puzzle. Glad it's sunny despite some snow on the ground. Keep warm and cozy and good luck finishing your puzzle.

@Tekate aww I am so grateful and thankful too. Such wonderful people here and you are such a dear. Warm, compassionate, funny and authentic. That word gets used a lot but in your case it applies to the max. Love you sweet girl. XOXO and wishing you a great and happy and healthy New Year too. All of us girls deserve a happy and healthy New Year and wishing that for all of us. Lots of good things happening for your family and wishing them much happiness and joy and health. Cannot wait for all the happy events and looking forward to you sharing them with us. Sending you love and hugs.

@Austina what a beautiful ring. Unique, pretty and cool. Love it. What a wonderful start to the New Year for you and your family and I am so thrilled for you. Any idea when they are thinking of getting married? I wish I could hug you in person but know I am hugging you across the miles and hope you feel it. XO.

@Sandeek how are you doing? Hoping the year is off to a good start and you are getting stronger each day and feeling better each day. Thinking of you and always sending you healing vibes and virtual (((hugs))).

@AV_ yes please you must make it to the coast. I dont think I could live far from the sea. I feel energized by the ocean and feel at peace at the same time. The waves, the smells, the sounds. Love it all. Though the sea can be a fierce force to contend with at times I still cannot be too far from it. Hope you are feeling well and enjoying all the New Year has to bring. Tomorrow fingers crossed it doesn't rain so we can get our roof fixed. So far so good and no water has entered our premises since the tarping. The roof guys who came here Sunday for an eval were quite impressed with Greg's tarping skills. They couldn't believe he did that himself and how well attached it was with staples and bungee cords. Thank goodness Greg is handy because as handy as he is I am quite the opposite. They do say (whoever "they" are lol) opposites attract.;)) And AV_ if you ever find yourself in our neck of the woods we would love to show you around.:halo:

@Jimmianne ooh what an exciting adventure and I love the treasures you are finding right under your nose. Thank you for sharing it with us and I eagerly anticipate the next chapter you will have to share with us.:appl:

@Uni fingers crossed the AIP Paleo cookies are enjoyed by your whole family and I cannot wait to hear your and your little boy's evaluation.

Yesterday we enjoyed a quick trip to the beach and then some outlet shopping. It was a wonderful New Year's Day and the weather was mild for January but the winds prevented us from attempting cycling. Not worth it with 30 plus mph winds. So we did our second most fun outdoor activity...shopping at the outdoor outlets haha. I scored 2 lovely sweaters (navy and black) on an amazing sale and a lovely leopard print dress from J Crew for $19.99. Woohoo. Pleased with my "loot".

Today not sure what we are doing and Greg is already heading to Home Depot to pick up some lumber. Haha he is such a man despite his cooking, baking and mad sewing skills. He already built a new canopy for us for cycling season when it begins. This one folds so if it becomes super windy he can take it down and fold it away as we are cycling or put it up if we start out not needing it. Pretty amazing if you ask me. He showed me the finished product yesterday AM as I was working out but I managed a quick photo as I was doing the elliptical. LOL not the best quality but just to show you how it folds up and then we can store it on the bike during the ride. That object Greg is holding is the entire canopy with the sides as well. Everything to protect me from the sun as we cycle. Sweet.

Screen Shot 2019-01-02 at 8.27.09 AM.png

And last night since our tree is still up the kitties are still enjoying the warm glow and comfort of the holiday. Got a shot of Bobby last night. Just hanging. The other 3 were in their kitty beds by the fireplace. They are such heat seekers but luckily we keep it warm in here lol. It was 81 degrees in here last night with the fireplace on and the mild temps outside. Not hating that but today is a much colder day as will be the rest of the week. Yup winter is back and in full force. Enjoy the day girls. (((Hugs))).

Screen Shot 2019-01-02 at 8.29.56 AM.png

P

PierreBear

Happy New Year! Sorry just a quick post to say that I hope everyone is doing well. I've had a nasty cold for the past week. Wow, I haven't had a fever that came and went for 3 days straight but that meant I got through 2 books and countless movies. Ramping up for busy time at work and still trying to heal up. May ya'll stay warm and enjoy some soup!

@missy - Hope the water issue is contained. Sorry need to catch up with you soon and reach out if I can be of any help.
@Austina - Hope Dottie's enjoyed the "movie watching" and didn't even pick up on the fireworks. Wow congrats to Kim and Adam!! YYippee! Very pretty ring and thought I don't know her too well, it seems like it's her style to be unique!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations @Austina! What a great way to start the New Year. Such happy happy news. Kim’s ring is beautiful and looks so pretty on her hand. I’m sorry you are feeling a little down now that Adam and Kim are back in Texas. February will be here before you know it. Enjoy every moment of this special time.

@junebug17 , Do you find wearing the eternity band comfortable?

@Uni , Emeralds always look beautiful on redheads. At least you have managed to get a couple different colored bags. I’ve been stuck in the black rut as far as bags go for the past 20 years.

@Tekate , You really should think about writing a book. You are a great story teller. Mike will appreciate your stories more the older he gets. Funny how that happens as we age.

@missy, Hopefully spring will come early this year and you are able to get an early start cycling.

Feel better @pierre Bear.

@marcy , Candy cane cookies sound delicious.

@Sandeek , Thinking of you and hope you are beginning to feel better.

Reactions: Uni

Uni

Rough_Rock
@missy, I had hoped to have the cookies done this week but my local and online source were out of arrowroot. This is the 2nd time in 6 wks that I've searched for arrowroot and it hasn't been stocked...very odd. My birthday will be in a few weeks, so I must find some before then. Your beach and shopping day sounds delightful!

I love HGTV. I love every time someone pulls up carpet to pristine, original hardwoods or pulls down wallpaper to a million $1 bills or a gorgeous original wall. This *never* happens to me, however. :D . That wall is beautiful, @Jimmianne! Such character. I really thought you were going to say the kids pulled it down!

@PierreBear hope you get well before work gets to full speed!

Back to the unfortunate reality of taxes...have a great Wednesday!

Uni

Rough_Rock
@missy...only because I said they weren’t stocked did the arrowroot flour suddenly pop up. Arrowroot and the piping tips she referenced will arrive soon, because that’s what happens when you dessert shop while doing some Intermittent Fasting...:twisted2::roll2:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Junebug, I hope you got rested up. All of this holiday stuff makes us tired. That is the best time to hit the grocery store is when it isn’t busy. Sounds like you had a great NYE; I don’t like going out in the cold and crowds if I can avoid it. I am glad to have the January program done already and it’s all stuff I know so I won’t have to read any notes. Perfect. Thank you for the compliment about my bracelet. i think I’ll dig it out to wear tomorrow. It’s been neglected lately.

Jimmianne, you do keep find treasures underneath what you tear out. Very cool. It will be a completely different looking house when you are done.

AV, I agree, bad weather makes us love being indoors. It got in the 30’s here today and was sunny which just made things worse - it’s total ice out there now. Bar hopping was fun in my younger days; now I’m usually bored and end up being the designated driver.

Missy, I finished that puzzle all right. I got down to the last 20 solid black pieces and couldn’t find where one of them fit just right. I just kind of dropped them over the last 2 holes. I was laughing hysterically and Marty came over to see what I did. He said he had no desire to try to find the pieces that needed changed out. I am not surprised the roofers were impressed with Greg’s repair job; he does a wonderful job on his projects. A day of shopping at the Outlet mall sounds like a perfect way to spend the day and you got some good deals. Sweet. Great idea for a canopy when it gets super windy. You’d need to use it all the time if you lived here. Bobby is enjoying basking in the lights of the Christmas tree. Very cute.

PierreBear, I hope you feel better soon. Good way to rest up by reading and watching movies.

Callie, did your niece enjoy Christmas? What did you get for her? Candy cane cookies are our favorite Christmas cookies.

Uni, wouldn’t it be nice to find a bunch of money hidden in your walls? Ugh to taxes. Must get started gathering things up soon.

It was tough going to work today I was done by 2:30 but the sadly I had to work until 5. I did find out today my employee appraisals were approved as far as our senior manager. Woo hoo!

I did get 3 paper cuts at work today. I should have gone on then.

Take care.
Marcy

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Thank you all so much for the congratulations and sharing our joy at the news. We were beginning to wonder if he’d ever settle down! They are a good match, and will hopefully have a long and happy marriage.

Kim took the ring to be sized yesterday, and Adam said she was already looking at wedding bands :lol: I sense she is very keen to get married. No date as yet, her younger sister is getting married in March, and she finishes her course in April, so maybe later this year, or next year.

I have a few more details on the ring (not much though), it came from a jeweller that sells estate pieces, I think it’s the one that @Tekate has previously mentioned. The centre diamond is half a carat, and it’s white gold, now size 5. Adam is like his father in that it’s ‘just’ a ring :D

This gives a much better idea of what it’s like. He did surprise me by saying that he looked in one place, and all the rings looked the same, so this is something different and Kim likes sapphires.

592AFCA1-E841-447C-87FA-AE49A0AAA9C7.jpeg

Good news you’re already done with your newsletter @marcy and that your appraisals have been approved. I have a jigsaw app which I do everyday, safer than having lots of pieces around when there’s a big wet nose and furry paw trying to help. :D Having sustained 3 ‘industrial’ injuries at work, you should’ve gone home to rest and recuperate :mrgreen2:

Yay to the arrowroot flour becoming available @Uni , get baking and don’t forget to post pictures so we can vicariously enjoy the goodies :lickout: We get quite a few of the programmes here that they show on HGTV, our favourite is anything with the Property Brothers in.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again @missy, is there nothing than man of yours can’t do? He’s such a whizz at making things. I hope the weather stays dry for your roof repair today, let’s hope they can find and fix it easily. We’re also expecting the temps to drop this week, as long as it’s dry, I don’t mind, we wrap up to take Dottie out. We were out for ages yesterday, because people kept stopping to ask about Dottie :lol:

Poor you @PierreBear I hope Mr PB took good care of you while you were ill and waited on you hand and foot. Take it easy at work, being unwell takes it out of you, and I hope you’re feeling fully recovered soon.

I’m the opposite @Calliecake I think I only have one black bag, last years purchases were sky blue and elephant grey, I have far too many bags, but I do like to ring the changes.

Wow @Jimmianne what a find under the wallpaper, the brickwork is lovely, such a soft yet mellow colour. I wonder what other hidden treasures you’re going to find? How did it go with the guests?

Sending good thoughts @Sandeek and hoping the new year brings you contunued recovery and good health.

Thank you @AV_ you’ve summed up perfectly how we feel, no words necessary :mrgreen:

Hi @junebug17 isn’t it great getting to the shops when they’re empty? We’re going to try and get our food shopping done early today, it was such a breeze last week, we were in and out in no time. Not that we need much today, just fresh food, the freezer is still stuffed from.

We have a huge garden centre near us, so popped in yesterday afternoon and managed to get some lovely Christmas baubles reduced to half price. We gave away most of ours before Christmas and decided to just stick with silver, so we’re all topped up for the coming year, nothing like being prepared early :lol:

Nothing exciting on the cards today, food shopping and laundry to do.

Have a great day ladies :wavey:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Sandeek ? Why not recount the gory details...

I got down to the last 20 solid black pieces and couldn’t find where one of them fit just right. I just kind of dropped them over the last 2 holes.
Let me say this much: I have NEVER done a puzzle & have ALWAYS wished to know why the serious ones are such serious fun... (your short tale of puzzle solving has been read a couple of times!)

@AV_ yes please you must make it to the coast. I dont think I could live far from the sea.
-
Thank goodness Greg is handy because as handy as he is I am quite the opposite. They do say (whoever "they" are lol) opposites attract. And AV_ if you ever find yourself in our neck of the woods we would love to show you around.
Haha he is such a man despite his cooking, baking and mad sewing skills.

I might have met one other man like yours (as described ,) - I learned the ropes from him as if my father. Had no idea that more exist & that they are so scarce! Your - brilliant choice... (& IHMO, taste for choosing does beat tinkering - but the two go together, do they not...)

I agree about the sea; she & I have this thing going... I will likely pay my respects to Cabo de Gata - it is a very well known spot where I have never been, but not the kind to ever get overrun, especially not now. In fact, until Jan 10 there is little movement anywhere (much appreciated!). This is such a beautiful season - to me! - a couple of months of always sunny early spring, that the locals call 'winter' ::)

My work is hooked with a couple of US universities, so it is not entirely inconceivable that I might take on of those LONG flights again, much that can be done in writing now & ever (ain't writing not the job!)

Adam said she was already looking at wedding bands - I sense she is very keen to get married.
Adam is like his father in that it’s ‘just’ a ring

Toate cele bune! - All The Best! ::)

This sounds very familiar: no tradition of engagement rings among us lot (but of jewelry gifts instead - whereas the foreign e-ring norm, such as it is, looks like a well-meaning - puritanical cap on spending :whistle:), so we get straight to the wedding band that is the part that does the work (tried & true: it does ward off men; - I have not yet heard of any unwed fellow wearing one - to ward off women, though)

on with the day...

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@marcy well done on the puzzle.:appl: However you get it done is A OK in my book. I was never a puzzle lover in the true sense of the word though I enjoy solving mental puzzles at times. The actual physical puzzles leave me cold. But it is a great way to keep your mind sharp so good for you. I wish I could get into puzzles like that. Boo to getting paper cuts. Keep your hands as well moisturized as you can and that should help some. I feel your pain because we have that in common too. I really like CV skin labs overseas and I order their creams and lotions and balms and they are healing and nice. And usually are shipped quickly here too. Yay it's Thursday so only 2 more days of work for you till the weekend. Hope today goes well.

@PierreBear aww I hope you are feeling much better today. Nasty colds are not fun at all. Please take care of yourself and I am sure your dh is taking good care of you and yes to soup. My mom and grandmother used to swear by chicken soup for healing all colds. Personally I am a fan of butternut squash soup and enjoy it often during the colder months. Hope you are feeling all well very soon. Thanks for the good roof vibes. I'll keep you posted. I am feeling like the guy will be a no show today. My spidey senses are going off but I could be wrong and hopefully am wrong. Sending you healing hugs.

@AV_ haha yes to my credit I chose him I guess lol but truth be told I didn't know a good thing when it was right in front of me at that time and it was Greg who did most of the pursuing and pushing to get married. After we had been dating for eons and eons due to my reluctance about marriage in general...perhaps I was more like a typical guy in those days independent and happy to be single.

I hope you get to enjoy Cabo de Gata and having the schedule of an educator is a good thing because having a block of time off is nice. I remember it was the best way to enjoy vacation. Many weeks (months) at a time vs the typical 1 week to 10 day vacations which always left me sort of cold. Took me at least a week or 2 to really get into vacation so needed the longer vacations to feel as if I was on vacation.

As for the wedding ring vs engagement ring yes many still do get married with just the band and get the ring later if they so choose. Makes good sense as that way perhaps the woman (couple) know what they want and can choose it together while the proposal can be more of a surprise. If that is what one chooses. No universal right or wrong and more specific to each couple. My very own parents got married with just simple wedding bands and my mom got the ER a year later when they could afford a ring. In the Jewish religion a simple band with no diamonds is the tradition to represent their never ending bond.

@Austina it is a lovely sapphire ring and special because it represents Kim and her tastes and preferences. Adam is a smart young man to take into account his future wife's preferences when choosing a ring. Please keep us all posted and I am very excited for their upcoming marriage. Who doesn't love love? YAY NIRDI children getting married.:appl: Remind me please when do you and Colin hope to be moving to the USA? Of course Dottie is a show stopper. She is a beautiful girl. :love: Stay warm and bundled up outside so when you get stopped because of Dottie's adorableness you can remain warm and cozy.

@Uni glad you found arrowroot. We went to a few stores ourselves when getting all the ingredients and Whole Foods is where we found the arrowroot for the recipe. Did I share this photo with y'all?

Screen Shot 2019-01-03 at 7.59.20 AM.png

Aww happy birthday in advance @Uni. Any special plans? Speaking of HGTV it is my favorite network and we watch at least one house hunting show an evening. Love them all though as you might imagine beachfront and island hunting are two of our favorites. Love anything by the water specifically the sea.

@Calliecake thank you and I hope we can cycle early in the year too. The months are flying by cycling or not and it is sort of scary how fast time goes as one gets older. So happy the days are getting longer again that I do not mind when winter speedy by at all. The faster we climb out of the winter blues into the sunshine and warmth of spring and summer. Hope you are managing to stay warm and cozy.

@Sandeek how are you doing sweetie? Thinking of you and hoping life is getting sweeter by the minute for you. Sending you so many good luck vibes and healing hugs and good thoughts and love.

@Tekate how is the New Year treating you? How is your dear husband doing? Your kids? Your sweet niece and nephews? Hoping all is well and sending you hugs.

Yesterday was a fun day. Greg (sweet man that he is) found a beauty supply store about 40 minutes away and took me there for supplies (cutting and thinning shears, wig caps etc) and they had wigs there too. Not the quality I had been purchasing but fun nonetheless and inexpensive so of course I bought one (almost bought 3 but I restrained myself and Greg was no help saying just get them lol). The one I got I won't (well I doubt I will) wear out but more for Greg to experiment making them fit my small head. Seriously my head is small for all the wigs and not just a little bit small. I was drawn to the color of this wig. I always wanted to be platinum and Tuey was always telling me unless I went with short hair it wasn't a good idea as it would be too damaging. Well I got a platinum wig yesterday and I was right. I think the color suits me. Now this wig is obviously a wig but keep in mind it's a fun wig and was cheap and it will be a wig to experiment with for Greg to sew and cut to fit my head better.

platinumwig.jpg.png

Today we will see if the roofer shows up...long story but my gut is saying we are having a no show today. Greg is ever the optimist so he is saying no he will show. We shall see. Fingers crossed that our roof issue gets resolved (still not completely sure the problem will be fixed with the reflashing and repointing but hoping it will be) and that all will remain dry here. Rain predicted for the next 4 solid days after today sigh. And the tarp will only hold for so long at the windy beach. @marcy another thing we have in common. Wind in Wyoming and at the shore. She's a fierce contender.

Have a lovely Thursday girls!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Swit sooo @missy, you REALLY do suit any colour hair :love:

AV_

Ideal_Rock

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy This is the shortest haircut I remember seeing on you & it does work!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning to all the NIRDI's!!

@Jimmianne Wow on behind the wall.. I would love to live in such a place. As I aways say: I wll visit! ;-)

@missy Aw thanks, I like that word: authentic.. cause I am, but I have a ADD mind, racing all the time. I love you too Missy, so happy we got to know each other and met up in da city! this is our year! :) Chris is going to ask Katie's brother Danny to stay for a bit to try and find an apartment, which I don't think Danny and Anne would care IF she weren't due for her son end of March, her hectic job, her hectic kids etc.. the nanny, the sports, the aunt(s), Danny's company, all this is crazy assed living, BUT they must because of her divorce from danny1 ha, lucky her no problems on calling her 2nd by the 1st's name (did that! hahaha but he did it to me too so we were even).. not sure if they would like Christopher hanging about, even tho he wll be working.. Anne is such a tough cookie, and shows emotion at least to me, only when I mention her girls, she has a mother I'm not good enough complex. The house has 5 bedrooms and one is available but eventually that will go to my grandnephew unless she has 2 of the girls share a room, and the older girls father (Danny1) just recently sold his brownstone in the village and bought a penthouse thingy I think, and Anne's older daughters lost their rooms and have to share now at their dad's place so I don't think Anne will put any of the girls together.. on the master bedroom floor there is an extra room but it connects thru the master closet and that is full of junk now but Anne said it would be for the baby for a while, but it can't be a bedroom as there is only one bath on that floor, on the 2nd there are 3 full baths so older girl get's her own bath, that is okay since she is 13 and emotes! as a teen. She is lovely but ya know teens. Why am I going on don't know.. stop! otherwise if they say no then Chris will airbnb tlll he finds something, good idea! Kate's place is tooooo small for 2 imho. and Chris's.

Missy I understand your need to be near the ocean.. it's sooo calming. I think living in a big city like NYC allows just a wonderful view of water and your beach, home away from home is beautiful!

May I PLEASE borrow Greg for a month or two? he's so handy and cute ;-) you guys are perfect together.

Any wig looks great on you Missy girl.. I love the one above.. short and sassy!

And finally, looking forward to hearing what the roofers say - if they show up, I'm a big jaded on skilled labor, i know it's because they are busy, not jerks, but boy it's so hard to sit around and wait.

@PierreBear Happy New Year PBear!!! so sorry about he nasty bug? could it have been light flu? just asking because of the fever.. Hope you are mending well.. ((PierreBear)).. be well.

@Calliecake Hi Callie, happy new year lady! thank you re: my long, droning stories! your kindess is so very much appreciated!!! like I say: this is the greatest group of women, supporting women, women of all ages, background, places, personalities, when I think of women power today, I think of us here.. thank you Callie for your kind words :) xo

@Uni good morning Uni!!! hope you are well! Sorry about the arrow root.. and sorry about TAXES. they suck. xo Uni, I love emeralds, I had small studs once but I lost one, now i have one teeny stud, emeralds are luxe for me..

@marcy Hi Marcy!!! I never have the patience to do a jigsaw puzzle, much to John's sadness but WOW that was one hell of a job.. kudos to you lady!!!

@Austina Austina, the ring is so drool worthy, I love love how girls today think outside the box, if we had considered such a ring our mom's would have been shocked.. I love sapphires and diamonds together. What is Adam thinking about as to a wedding band? I was thinking a nice think diamond and sapphire band? or a think white gold/plat band? just exquisite taste all around in your family Austina! Snowed here last night to a.m. sun shining now! yahoo. 3 inches, quite enough. xoxoxo

@junebug17 how are things your way lady?

@AV_ if you take that long journey, let me know and you hit the city (NYC of course) I would try to get there fer sure. I think at this point in my life anyway.. John and I fit like gloves, but being single and happy certainly would be on my menu if I weren't.. part of getting old for me has been getting free and happy with myself. xo

@Sandeek hope you are doing well sweetie.. sending healing vibes to you. I start my dentist/ID/Oral surgeon doctor visits next week ugh. I feel okay and I still think the infection is lurking. paranoia? dunno.

have a great day everyone. xo

yesterday morning and this morning photos.

yesterday.jpg snowyday.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good afternoon everyone!

@missy, that color does look really good on you, I like it very much. I love the shorter length too! I hope the roofer shows up - we've had a few instances of no-shows and not hearing back from workmen, and it's very puzzling to me. Glad you had fun at the outlet stores and it's great you found some bargains. Wow, it's very impressive Greg was able to design and make a folding canopy, he is really creative! So sweet that the kitties love hanging out under the tree, they are so cute :love: Those cookies look yummy!

@Jimmianne, I love your adventurous spirit when it comes to renovations - your house is full of surprises lol. The wall is very pretty, I'm thinking you will keep going and restore it?

@av, yes, that temperature is a bit chilly for bar hopping! I hope you had a lovely and relaxing New Year, and I hope you can make that trip to the coast soon. I looked up Caba de Gato and it is a beautiful place!

@PierreBear, oh no to having a bad cold, it's just a miserable feeling and I hope you are back to feeling normal soon.

@Calliecake, I actually decided to get a 7 stone band instead of the eternity - it was a tough call because I love the look of an eternity band...but was afraid I might damage the diamonds on the bottom. And the diamonds in the 7 stone are a bit bigger. The stones wrap around my finger, kinda giving the illusion of an eternity. Very comfortable, no prongs sticking out and easy to wear with gloves.

@Uni, glad you tracked down the flour! Happy baking and let us know how it goes.

@marcy, great news about your manager approving your appraisals. Nice job on the puzzle, omigosh, it's a tough one! Be careful with that ice, I really hate it, so dangerous. There were a few times I almost wiped out last winter, so scary. So far we've been pretty lucky in terms of ice and snow, but we have a long way to go.

@Austina, LOVE the property brothers! I think they're adorable. Thank you for the pic of Kim's ring, it is stunning!!! :love: So cute she is excited and already thinking about wedding bands. I'm so happy for everyone. Good for you for taking advantage of after-Christmas sales, you can really find some great deals. It will be fun to have some new things to put out next year.

@Tekate, beautiful pics and look at that snow! Snow is so pretty, I love how it looks...but don't like trying to get somewhere in it lol! Sending good thoughts for Chris, hopefully something works out for him, but if not an airbnb is a great option.

I'm plugging along here...went to the gym and felt kinda wiped out and weak during class for some reason. It was kind of a tough class, lots of cardio. I feel fine now, it's definitely "just one of those days". Some days are better than others with regard to the energy level! Not much else on the agenda, still have some stray Christmas decorations laying around and a few errands to run. Have a good day everyone!

Uni

Rough_Rock
@Austina, Property Bros are a favorite too! I'm excited for the upcoming wedding. What a special and fun time. It's nice to have reminders and to reminisce due to others' adventures!....I'm thinking of how much fun I had picking out our wedding cake.

@missy thanks for the birthday wishes. I've always believed in birthday months. :D I'm sure my cookies won't look as nice as Greg's, but I will be sure and post. 4 yo's have pretty low standards in the pretty cookies department, so I'm safe. The blond wig is great. I love bobs and it's such a good blond shade.

@Tekate what a beautiful snowfall. I grew up in snow, then moved away from it for several years. We just moved *back* to snow and I find the adulting part a buzzkill. Grocery shopping in the snow??...noooo thank you. Mail? It can wait. But, if I can stay in all day, I love watching it snow.

@junebug17, i spent today going around the house finding all the little pieces of Christmas that didn't get put away. I thought we had done so well!!!

I mean...I know I'm new, but if you all start a Greg sharing schedule, I will happily submit to a background check...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Austina, Kim’s ring really lights up in sunlight and the blue sapphires really show up. Very pretty. I have a puzzle app on my iPad too and sure use it a lot. I can use my own pictures as puzzles. I agree I should rest and recuperate from my work related injuries. They are still noticeable today. Sounds like Dottie attracts a crowd; that’s cause she’s so cute. It is always nice to get in and out of the grocery store quickly. Marty picked up a bunch of his stuff last night but didn’t check our bring app to get my stuff. I keep giving him crap “oh it’s all about you.” Nice to stock up on new Christmas baubles - I am assuming that is ornaments for the tree? I like a color theme for decorations.

Jimmianne, it was a tough puzzle. I left it by the microwave and coffee pots at work today with a sticky note on it that said “free - self abusement puzzle”.

AV, I absolutely love doing jigsaw puzzles but this one wasn’t one of my favorites. I think the harder puzzles are fun because of the challenge of finishing them. i love the ocean too; I am very land locked in the frozen tundra most of the year.

Missy, my family used to put puzzles together around Christmas time so that is probably when I started liking them. I am glad you found some lotions and balms that work for you. I will put some healing lotion on my cuts tonight. Thanks. We do have a lot in common. You do look good in platinum color hair; what a difference. i hope the roof got fixed today but it sounds like Greg’s temporary repair is holding okay. I’ll take your wind over ours since it goes with the ocean. We both get chilly wind too.

Kate, funny you mention having patience to do a jigsaw puzzle. I am usually short on that. I hope Chris figures out his living situation soon. This is a great group of women, as we said before “We are NIRDI’s; hear us roar”. Or we’ve used “As the NIRDI’s turn”. Love the pictures of your yard.

Junebug, I am so glad you are enjoying your 7 stone band. I keep thinking of it; it is so pretty. i hate to hear you almost wiped out on ice last year. That is so scary. I almost did getting back in my car last week at our mailbox. I put one foot in the car and the other foot just went in to a skid; if I hadn’t grabbed the steering wheel I would have quickly changed direction. I need to get my Macan in for the 20,000 mile maintenance. We’ve had it over 2 years. I hope the maintenance fee doesn’t match the miles. Sorry the class at the gym kind of wiped you out; I hope you are rested up tonight.

Uni, we enjoy Property Brothers. Mm wedding cake. Adults definitely view snow different than kids. I didn’t mind it at all as a kid.

Most of our snow melted today. I met a friend for lunch so that broke up my day. I am glad tomorrow is Friday.

I called the carpet store tonight. They will drop the wood flooring by either this weekend or Monday. They plan to have the wood floor done by Friday and install carpet the following Monday. I am glad I called him; he didn’t sound like he had things lined up very well. He originally said the hard wood floor would be done on Monday and Tuesday next week. I will be anxious to get it finished.

Take care.
Marcy

Here were some of my “blues” today.

upload_2019-1-3_19-49-3.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!
1237372v4er6kso38.gif

So Keith did show yesterday morning and he is very nice. He redid some of our flashing and he cannot be completely sure but feels he got the problem area. However he did not finish as there are two sleeves around vent pipes that could be a source of concern and he also has to reseal some brick work. He will hopefully get to that next week some time weather depending. Yesterday was too cold to do some of the work and he thinks he took care of the main issue. He wants us to leave the tarp off to see. Problem is we are leaving for NYC tomorrow probably so I do not love that idea but Greg wants to leave the tarp off so we have it off as of now. Not sure if it is raining here today or not but I loathe leaving it so vulnerable until we know for sure if the leak has been fixed. Keith volunteered to come here when we are gone when it is raining to check the kitchen but that does not give me peace of mind. I can only trust us and nobody else to make sure we are dry. But I am not going to micromanage this and will leave it to Greg and Keith and hope for the best.

@junebug17 thank you. Glad you went to the gym and had a good workout but sorry it was so tough. I totally know what you mean. Some days are just easier than others for workouts and sometimes we just don't know why. But kudos to you for getting it done especially when it one of those challenging days. Hope you accomplished all your necessary errands and are looking forward to a nice weekend.

@Tekate gorgeous snowy scenes. Peaceful and breathtaking. Winter doesn't always suck and it is lovely to look at though I would like winter much better if the temps were warmer.:lol: Yes you are authentic and that is one of the most important qualities in a person IMO. Authentic=good character/quaility. Authenticity and kindness and compassion and good sense of humor all wonderful and important traits. And you have that going on girl. And yes ADD I hear you because I have that too. I used to be "normal" until the internet got me hooked and now I need to be involved and busy re my mind every second of the day it seems at times. I rarely just allow myself to be without engaging in some sort of activity.

Good luck with your dental/surgery visits next week. I am thinking of you and sending bucketloads of healing dust and good vibes. (((Hugs))).

@marcy we are a game family and always used to play games during our times together. Battleship, Monopoly, Charades, Card games, etc. That and eating. We are good at those things. :bigsmile: Glad you met a friend for lunch yesterday and it helped break up your work day. And yes to your snow melting. How exciting that your wood flooring and carpeting are being installed soon. Woohoo. I cannot wait for you to have it all done and am anxious for you. Fingers crossed it goes well. Love the bling. :love: Those are my kind of blues girlfriend.8-)

@Jimmianne I am very much looking forward to seeing how your renovations are proceeding and I am enjoying all your photos too. Hope your winter is going well there and that everyone is doing well. Your French chateau is very romantic and full of old world charm. It fits right in with the bling.

@AV_ it's exciting that your work might take you here and I would love one day for us to get together and I bet we could entice @Tekate and @junebug17 to come along too.8-) The sea is beautiful all times of the year and right now she is quite ferocious with movement and the sky so sharp and full of gorgeous hues. Pinks, blues. A lovely winter beach scene here.

@Uni thank you. Yes it is platinum blonde or maybe even a white gray. I really like the color but I wonder if it didn't have those dark roots if it would look as nice. I have my eye on a platinum blonde/white bob online but it has no roots so I think it will be too harsh on me. I think I need the dark roots to break up the color if you kwim. That's the problem with online. Cannot visualize it and have to order it to know for sure. And wig returns are a pain so I have ordered about 9 wigs now online and returned none because it's too much trouble. You are so right. 4 year olds are not usually super picky about baked goods. Only veggies haha. But my nieces were actually super picky about all their food when they were little and have very discerning and advanced palates for young people. But Uncle Greg's cookies always went over very well and hopefully that will be the same for your little boy and the rest of your little ones too. I am sure your cookies will taste yummy and look yummy too.:lickout: And yes we are all for birthday months in our household too.:sun:

@Sandeek how are you feeling? Hope you are well rested and feeling good and healing well with no more complications. Sending you big (((Hugs))) and lots of good energy. XOXO.

@PierreBear hope your roof didn't leak too much yesterday and that they are very close to solving the problem. Sending you (((Hugs))) and good thoughts.

Leaving you with a photo of our pretty sky...sorry for the reflections but I was taking them from inside where I was warm and cozy. The colors :love:

skyoutsidebahrs.jpg.png

Off to the dentist in a few hours...they called yesterday with an opening and since I am overdue I decided OK I will take that appointment but not looking forward to it. Hoping all is calm and quiet with my teeth and gums fingers crossed.

Have a wonderful Friday girls! And haha yes I am happy to share Greg with my darling NIRDIs...I know y'all would do the same. :cool2:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I’m so glad Keith thinks he knows what the problem is @missy. Flashing has a lot to answer for! We had a similar problem in our last house, one tiny gap, and the damage it caused, oy! I suppose the only way to know for sure is to leave the tarp off, but I understand your reluctance to do so. Fingers crossed it’s fixed so it doesn’t cause any damage. We’re waiting for Richard (plumber) to get the part for our shower, but in the meantime, it’s fine.

Hope everything went well at the dentist and you didn’t need any work.

The snow looks lovely @Tekate but please be careful, stay in and keep warm. I sent Adam a link for a sapphire and diamond band from James Allen, not as lovely as yours, but pretty nonetheless, great minds eh?:D I hope your son gets his living accommodation sorted out, it all sounds very complicated. It’s cold here, down to 2 degs C today, brrrrrrrrr.

Ugh @marcy good job you did call, sounds like they’d have just let things slide if you hadn’t followed it up. Hopefully it’ll all be done in the next 10 days and you can get on straightening up and enjoying your new floors. Your blues are lovely, the sapphires are a really good colour, where are they from?

I’ve never understood people saying they felt invigorated after exercising @junebug17 , I’ve only ever felt exhausted! I’m glad you’re enjoying your band, it’s such a lovely wearable piece, it was a really great choice.

I saw on IG that the Property Brothers have a new show coming out soon @Uni I don’t suppose we’ll get it here for a while. I doubt your little guy will worry what the cookies look like as long as they taste good :lol:

That’ll be exciting if your work takes you to the US @AV_ I googled Cabo de Gato, it looks lovely there and even better if it’s not swamped by tourists.

Are you planning any more excavations this weekend @Jimmianne ? Who knows what other treasures you’ll unearth.

We had a power cut last night, 8.30pm the lights started flickering and crackling, then everything went dark. One neighbour’s house was completely dark and the other side still had power. I rang to check what was going on, and they said they hoped it would be fixed by 11.00pm. It come back on briefly, by which time we’d blown out the candles, then about 11.00pm, it was back on. I said to Colin, “you know what this means, we have to talk to each other now” :lol: We played cards by candlelight, I’d forgotten what fun it was. Apparently, there were some houses in our road who didn’t get power back until after lunchtime today :shock:

It was really cold out walking today, but Dottie didn’t mind, she doesn’t seem to feel it.

Yay, it’s the weekend, no plans for us, other than sorting out our clothes for the trip. I like to be organised :mrgreen:

:wavey:

Reactions: AV_

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIS’s!

Missy, Keith sounds very nice and I am sure will check on things for you. Our flashing is what was causing a leak in our den and was easy to fix - so I am hoping it is the same for you. Games are pretty fun. Two that stick out in my mind from my childhood are Easy Money (a quicker version of Monopoly) and a car game called Touring. I have no idea why those names stuck with me. I know you’d approve of my blues. Since it’s our favorite color. I am anxious to get our floor done and then I’ll be tapping my feet waiting for our furniture. Your description of the sea and sky sound amazing. I so love the sea and sky and your picture is gorgeous. I hope you trip to the dentist went well.

Austina, I hope the plumber gets the part for your shower soon. Ooh a sapphire and diamond band to go with Kim’s ring; that’s perfect. Oh no to cold weather. We were near 50 F here today. Warm for January. Thank you for the compliments on my sapphires. All of my sapphires and ruby are from the Shane Company. I will live through the house chaos for a week or so but I am looking forward to getting our floor done. Darn that you lost the power last night but I am glad it came back on. That’s nice you enjoyed playing cards though.

Five pm finally rolled around so my weekend could start. Woo hoo!!!
Marty sent me a text about 10 telling me the carpet place wanted the remaining balance paid before they’d deliver our hard wood floor boxes. I headed that way about 10:30 so they delivered them at noon today. They start on the floor Monday. Marty will have to move everything out of the den on Sunday.

Have a great weekend.
Marcy

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, sweet! those are the very best kind of blues to have. The color in the top ring is amazing. I have to go back and check out other shots you’ve posted. Does it have it’s own thread?
Sounds like you have quite a project going. It’s gonna look great to have a nice new floor (((envy))).

Missy, I like the reflections in that shot. Since I just woke up my mind is not working and my first thought was that they were floating lanterns. Very pretty. Looks like you are in for a rainy Caturday!

Austina, your comment about ...now we will have to talk to each other...made me chuckle. It sounds cozy to be playing cards by candle light. I hope you were wearing Bea ??? I would be so distracted by her that my DH would win at cards.

Hi to all NIRDIs, old and new!

I am being a slouch about writing and keeping up. My whole house is in chaos from the projects and my friend is working on tile repairs in a bedroom. I finished the living room wall and last night went with DD to several furniture stores and ended up buying the slightly weird cushy black velvet couch I had seen a few days earlier. I just fell in love with the couch, which shows every speck of dust but feels like being hugged by a teddy bear. I didn’t care as much what it looked like as how it felt. So many of the couches here are hard as a rock. Or is that a universal phenomenon??
Before, previous owners’ stuff
1917AD46-5B6C-4B84-9D30-428551F3D53D.jpeg
The finished corner of the room. Getting ready for Mr.Couch.
06922692-1B4F-407B-8B69-9B4D17A8296D.jpeg
Mr.Ccuch. He will fill in the space better that poor madame love seat who came with the house.
8302758C-774F-4F56-876D-32CFEE3BC6EC.jpeg
On the street last night
0F052912-25D5-48FA-94F2-214ECF9F1207.jpeg

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Sunday & Monday are local bank holidays - ending the winter break; Epiphany / Reyes is taken as seriously as Christmas (at least), so I am off for essentials & lunch... (sunny & COLD)

Will catch up!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sunday & Monday are local bank holidays - ending the winter break; Epiphany / Reyes is taken as seriously as Christmas (at least), so I am off for essentials & lunch... (sunny & COLD)

Will catch up!
Stay warm!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results