carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy Boxing Day!

@junebug17 hope you had a merry Christmas and safe travels to your beach house. Hope you have a lovely time there.

@marcy love the Snoopy and Charlie Brown pic and your killer bunny photos. Looks like everyone did well at your home in the gift department. That is sweet. And so glad everyone had a lovely lunch and delicious desserts. :lickout: Hopefully today is a quiet day for you at work. Oh girl, we need to see those emerald studs...cmon now enough teasing....pics of your new emerald studs pretty please.

@Jimmianne Ha, I knew it. Casual was the way to go. PJs, shorts it doesn't matter. You are surrounded by your new family and they love you. How could they not. Dinner at 8PM is much more civilized than dinner at 10PM as they do in Espana. Though this old gal prefers dinner at 5PM :oops2::lol:. Hope you enjoyed a wonderful Christmas dinner. :appl: And though you were still enjoying lunch at 6PM I am guessing it was chatting vs eating most of that time. Always a good sign when the chat is enjoyable and endlessly flowing and the hours fly by.

@AV_ I am with you...wish every day was as peaceful and lovely as yesterday. And haha yes that is called Sunday but rarely does it live up to those expectations. And I am with you. Today should be a peaceful and relaxing day too and enjoy your walk with friends tomorrow. Grilled fish stuffed with rosemary sounds yummm :lickout: Sky blue is one of my favorite blues and blue is my favorite color and your new sweater sounds pretty and the flats comfy. It is good to need nothing and enjoy browsing the sales. We are doing the same today I think and heading to Pt Pleasant though yes we got a late start this morning as I just got out of bed a few minutes ago and am still having my first cup of coffee.

@Sandeek hope you had a lovely Christmas day and hope you are receiving the greatest gift of all...improving health. Sending you more hugs and healing wishes. XOXO.

@Tekate hope you had a wonderful Christmas with your loved ones and are all recuperated from your travels.

I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas. It was cold but crisp and clear here and we enjoyed walking on the beach. Gorgeous sky and sea. It was a beautiful day.

gregonbeachchristmas.jpeg.png

and I couldn't resist some photos/videos of Bubbalah. It's been a while since I took any bling pics.:cool2:

bubbalahonbeachchristmas2018.jpg.png

bubbalahonbeachchristmas.jpeg.png

It was cold...my hands were freezing and I just took them out of my mittens for a couple of videos and photos. Less than a minute each time but brrrrr it was cold on the beach. And so peaceful. Wish every day was that peaceful. :halo:

Speaking of peaceful I hope everyone enjoys a lovely and peaceful Boxing Day and sending you all hugs.:wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

AV, yes Sundays are kind of a holiday. i hope you enjoy time with your friends and hope you go back and pick up some of those nice things you found.

Missy, I’ll have to get a few close up photos of my emerald earrings. I wore them again today. Speaking of a beautiful blue sky; the pictures of the beach sure show a gorgeous blue sky. Love the pictures of Bea. Greg does look cold out on the beach. Speaking of Bea how are you still searching for another setting?

Not much going on at chez M&M. Both of us are tired - must be all that goofing off and eating we’ve been doing for the last few days.

Work was rather boring today. I had my work done by 3 and didn’t do much after that.

The forecast was luckily incorrect as our freezing drizzle and 3-5 inches of snow never showed up. The predicted cold and wind appeared though.

Take care.
Marcy

Reactions: AV_

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy and that guy at chez MnM...stay warm and cozy. Oh it can be brutal there, only those with a true pioneer spirit belong there. I hope you are having a wonderful holiday.
Those earrings are beautiful. Someone sure knows how to shop for you.

AV, Your posts are very enjoyable and fun. Please don’t think about the practical side of life until you must!

June, how are things with you? Are you having a nice time?

Sandeek, with all this holiday hoopla, I am thinking of you and knowing this is probably not your best holiday, but wishing you well and wanting to get a report from you on your condition today.

Missy, what a great photo. At first I was wondering what Greg was doing in the desert when he was supposed to be at the beach with you. : )
B. just warms my heart. Every time I think a photo of her is the best yet, a new one shows up to WOW. Sorry your hand had to freeze so we couid get a eyeful of candy! The sacrifices you make for us are much appreciated.

Austina, how are you this morning? You and your guy should “pop over” for a day or two. There are some great BnBs here. I promise not to hand you sledge hammers and put you to work! Well, think about it. If not now, maybe in the spring.

Tekate, have you recovered yet from your trip? It is perhaps too soon to ask that question.
Your dream trip has me fantasizing about travel.

I spent the morning looking at Alex Sepkus settings on line and wrote to him about setting MISCHIEF [Mildred’s upgraded name].
I don’t know why I like his rings so much, but I do..quirky. Missy, remember that antique solitaire I sent you a photo of with all the strappy carvings? Very Sepkus-like I now realize.
Still hoping to get to the antique jewelers. They are only open three days a week, closed for two hours at lunch time
and are 1 1/2 hours away, so it’s a bit of a chore to coordinate.

Happy day, NIRDIs!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Posting from my phone on the go so keeping it brief if I can because posting on the phone is painstaking when you’re a wordy girl like I clearly am lol.

@marcy yay for no snow or ice. Wonders never cease and that’s the kind of wrong forecast I appreciate. Glad work was uneventful and yes we need photos of your new bling please. I’m not yet searching for settings for bubbalah. I’m resting a bit from the search lol. And I really love her temp halo setting. Delicate irl. Surprisingly so. And it works for my man hands. Glad it’s peaceful at Chez M&M :lol:

@Sandeek thinking of you and sending continued healing dust and hugs your way.

@Jimmianne :lol: Thank you for recognizing the sacrifices I have made for y’all. :lol: It was seriously challenging taking off my mittens on the beach. I was worried my fingers would start ulcersting but I only kept the mittens off for a minute at a time just for a few videos and photos so I was ok thank goodness. :kiss: I do remember that solitaire and I loved it too and can definitely see you wearing that style. Hope you get to the estate jewelers and remember we are with you in spirit. And I agree @Austina visit our dear @Jimmianne. You’re so close...Think of the fun you 2 would have!

Speaking of fun we had a grand time in PT Pleasant yesterday and the weather was nice. We picked up some kitchen supplies at Rudy’s who is a supply warehouse open to the public. We always get great things there. Might go back Saturday because my parents are planning on visiting us and I know my parents would enjoy PT Pleasant. Or Manasquan. One or the other I think.

Greg’s baking today woohoo though he did a bit of baking earlier this week for me gluten free and it was yummy. Today is regular baking but not a lot. Just a small amount this year. It’s been a very busy year but I can’t believe we are near the end of the year. Blows my mind how very fast it all is going.

Have a wonderful Thursday girls!
(((Hugs)))

Leaving you with a dorky photo of me in my newest alternative hair. I’m trying to flatten her as we speak. We will see. So far I’m preferring no alternative hair to being free but I’m trying. 8) I think I look very intellectual in this photo. Can I fool people,into thinking I’m an intellectual with this hair?:ugeek:

7667BD59-7DC4-4F0D-B090-7DC2EE84B6E4.jpeg
Excuse the nightgown hahaha.

Ok leaving you with a better photo of handsome Tommy the mocha leopard as we left this am to run errands. What a gorgeous head of hair he has. :kiss2:

4508F00F-11B1-45B7-80A7-73F14925DEC4.jpeg

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm a gonna try to catch up! ha!

Marcy, your new emerald studs are beautiful! I love them. Good news about the weather! we are due for some freezing rain tomorrow maybe how knows..

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas Marcy, hope work keeps going by fast! Hope you all are feeling well and happy!

I'm back and have to read more but I just am trying to reply something to everyone so you may see a lot of posts from me :)

Happy New Year lady!
xo

Kate

Hi NIRDI’s!

AV, yes Sundays are kind of a holiday. i hope you enjoy time with your friends and hope you go back and pick up some of those nice things you found.

Missy, I’ll have to get a few close up photos of my emerald earrings. I wore them again today. Speaking of a beautiful blue sky; the pictures of the beach sure show a gorgeous blue sky. Love the pictures of Bea. Greg does look cold out on the beach. Speaking of Bea how are you still searching for another setting?

Not much going on at chez M&M. Both of us are tired - must be all that goofing off and eating we’ve been doing for the last few days.

Work was rather boring today. I had my work done by 3 and didn’t do much after that.

The forecast was luckily incorrect as our freezing drizzle and 3-5 inches of snow never showed up. The predicted cold and wind appeared though.

Take care.
Marcy

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy Missy! you look soooo beautiful! love this doo.. like them all, chamaleon like! amazing what hair says about a person!

How are you feeling?

Are you in Jersey?

I'm cold up here in Maine, gotta food shop. Chris went back to AR last nite but has get his butt in gear as he needs to start work in 3 weeks in Manhattan.. we shall see what he does.. :)

How's Greg? how's all the kids kitties? sister, neices, family? we are all good here, and in Atown as far as I can hear on the phone anyway :)

gonna vacuum and food shop today.

Your stone is perfect. I love it. I love it. I love it.

see you in spring? or winter who knows.. Danny's wife is due like 3/27 with the 4th child, no room at the inn for us anymore.. ha! no worries, my sister always got a rental as she couldn't handle the stairs at Danny's brownstone :) we will do that..

I just sent a note to D Klass about my mystery ring.. it was just a stacker so it's not expensive but since he charged my card I would like a ring or refund!

:)

xoxoxo Kate the GrEAt ;-)

GM girls! Posting from my phone on the go so keeping it brief if I can because posting on the phone is painstaking when you’re a wordy girl like I clearly am lol.

@marcy yay for no snow or ice. Wonders never cease and that’s the kind of wrong forecast I appreciate. Glad work was uneventful and yes we need photos of your new bling please. I’m not yet searching for settings for bubbalah. I’m resting a bit from the search lol. And I really love her temp halo setting. Delicate irl. Surprisingly so. And it works for my man hands. Glad it’s peaceful at Chez M&M :lol:

@Sandeek thinking of you and sending continued healing dust and hugs your way.

@Jimmianne :lol: Thank you for recognizing the sacrifices I have made for y’all. :lol: It was seriously challenging taking off my mittens on the beach. I was worried my fingers would start ulcersting but I only kept the mittens off for a minute at a time just for a few videos and photos so I was ok thank goodness. :kiss: I do remember that solitaire and I loved it too and can definitely see you wearing that style. Hope you get to the estate jewelers and remember we are with you in spirit. And I agree @Austina visit our dear @Jimmianne. You’re so close...Think of the fun you 2 would have!

Speaking of fun we had a grand time in PT Pleasant yesterday and the weather was nice. We picked up some kitchen supplies at Rudy’s who is a supply warehouse open to the public. We always get great things there. Might go back Saturday because my parents are planning on visiting us and I know my parents would enjoy PT Pleasant. Or Manasquan. One or the other I think.

Greg’s baking today woohoo though he did a bit of baking earlier this week for me gluten free and it was yummy. Today is regular baking but not a lot. Just a small amount this year. It’s been a very busy year but I can’t believe we are near the end of the year. Blows my mind how very fast it all is going.

Have a wonderful Thursday girls!
(((Hugs)))

Leaving you with a dorky photo of me in my newest alternative hair. I’m trying to flatten her as we speak. We will see. So far I’m preferring no alternative hair to being free but I’m trying. 8) I think I look very intellectual in this photo. Can I fool people,into thinking I’m an intellectual with this hair?:ugeek:

7667BD59-7DC4-4F0D-B090-7DC2EE84B6E4.jpeg
Excuse the nightgown hahaha.

Ok leaving you with a better photo of handsome Tommy the mocha leopard as we left this am to run errands. What a gorgeous head of hair he has. :kiss2:

4508F00F-11B1-45B7-80A7-73F14925DEC4.jpeg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Nirdis! Been a busy week and I've fallen far behind, so I'm just going to jump back in!

@missy, thank you so much for your holiday good wishes! I'm glad you and Greg are having a good time at the beach. The Auburn sugar wig is a gorgeous color! I also love the latest one, it looks great and you look good in your glasses! Sorry to hear about the roof leak, the car, and your toe - yikes! You definitely have had a lot going on, and I hope your toe is healing. That is the coolest miniature golf course I've ever seen! Greg's speakers look terrific and it's great they work so well. Great news that the feeder door is working so well too. Great pics of the beach, Bubbalah looks absolutely amazing!!! :love: So nice that Greg made some yummy gluten free cookies, way to go Greg :dance: And oh my gosh, how handsome is Tommy?! :love:

@av, it is certainly interesting to learn about, and experience, different services/religious practices. Renting a place before buying is a great idea! Glad you treated yourself to some new shoes and clothes, that's what the holidays are for! Hope you enjoyed your walk and made a fabulous meal with whatever herbs you were able to find.

@Austina, Happy 40th Anniversary! What an wonderful milestone and I hope you and Colin enjoyed your special day. I'm sorry I'm a little late with my good wishes. So glad you are having a great time with Kim and Adam, it must be so nice getting to spend time with them.

@PierreBear, glad the Christmas party went well, and those gifts are hysterical! I'm obsessed with the Nicholas Cage pillow for some reason :D What a frustrating situation with the insurance company, so sorry you are dealing with such a headache. Hope you are having a lovely holiday season!

@marcy, so glad to read your friend's SIL is getting some treatment, it's a step in the right direction. So exciting that you're getting new flooring! Love the area rugs and how great they were such a good price. So sweet of your friend to give you that adorable Snoopy. Your holiday dinner sounds like it was a great success, the menu sounds delicious and your table looks beautiful. Your emerald earrings are gorgeous, I love the color!!! :love: Killer outdid himself lol. And his little weights are so cute haha! I'm glad you were spared the snow - stay warm!

Jimmianne, the renovation looks great and the wall is lovely. I'm glad the project worked out so well. Yay for a new dryer, and lol to your current situation! Yes, a dryer will come in very handy. An entire day of eating, sounds perfect! Amazing pic from your walk, you take such beautiful pictures. I wasn't familar with Alex Sepkus jewelry but I found out about him through my good friend Google - Love his designs! Fabulous! :appl: I hope you can arrange a trip to the antique jeweler soon. and yes, those proposal pictures are fantastic!

@Tekate, I'm so glad you had a great trip! Sounds wonderful, and you did and saw so much. Fabulous news about your son's new job!!! And John is such a sweetie for getting you such an amazing bag, what a guy :love: Happy belated Birthday, sorry I'm late :oops: What a strange situation with DK, frustrating and I hope it gets resolved soon. Sounds like you had a busy but wonderful Christmas and I'm glad!

I had a lovely Christmas with dh and the kids - it was only 5 of us but for some reason I just had so much to do lol. Cooking, cleaning, wrapping...always something to do!! But it was great spending time with everyone. DD and her boyfriend got to the house on Christmas day and stayed over. We had dinner, and dd was determined to watch a Christmas movie so we watched the Christmas Chronicles - very cute and Kurt Russell was great as Santa. The next day we had breakfast and hung out for a while, and then dh and I headed off to SC in the afternoon. Zoe did very well on the plane and everything went smoothly, thank goodness. Today dh went golfing and I relaxed!!! Christmas was great but it also wore me out, nice to be able to kick back a little.

Sending love and hugs to all!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's!

Jimmianne, we are trying to stay warm but it's difficult. The car said 12 degrees coming home and that doesn't include the windy chill. Living around here is not for sissies. i wore thermal underwear and my insulated squall coat. I still cranked on my seat heater and heated steering wheel on the way home. Marty picked out great earrings all right - he clicked on the link I sent him :lol: LOL to naming your pretty diamond Mischief. I hope you get to the antique jewelry shop soon.

Missy, I am glad you are loving Bubbalah in your pretty halo setting. When and if you want to change it out; you'll know it. I am glad you enjoyed the day out yesterday. Rudy's sounds great. I can't believe it's the end of the year either. What is Greg baking? I like your new wig and you do look intellectual. The thing I notice the most is straight hair; it looks great on you as well. Hi Tommy!

Kate, I think I'll wear my emerald ring more now that I have earrings to match. My first Christmas present from Marty after we were married is a marquis shaped emerald pendant so it's fun to wear that as well. Stay safe from the freezing drizzle; I hate ice. I did have a wonderful Christmas and hope you did as well. Happy New Year to you as well. i hope DK gets that ring to you.

Junebug, this is certainly a busy time of year. I was talking to my friend today about her daughter and SIL and she said she pulled him aside and told him she really worries about what he might do to her daughter or grand kids. She said she was nice about it but she wasn't going to just act like nothing ever happened. It sounds like you had a great Christmas with your kids home. That's great Zoe did well on the plane. Enjoy SC. I did make a haul for Christmas and I am quite anxious to get our flooring and furniture.

One more day of work this week. I am just not too motivated to be there for some reason. We get to leave early on Monday so that will be nice. The following week will be rough since we have to work 5 whole days that week.

Take care.
Marcy boy it's going to be cold tomorrow - wind chills to 20 below

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
June, I feel happy to read that you had a good time. All of it sounds so cozy and lovely. Nothing beats family for holidays and making memories, does it.
Good Zoe!

Holy moly Marcy! That’s not cold, that’s an emergency! To quote a friend of yours...good grief!!!
Haha, he knew which button to click to buy your earrings. That’s my kind of man.

Missy, I love your intellectual look. You are a versitile model; biker, glam girl, Einsteinette!. Just chiming in for the 10th time that I adore B’s setting.

Cheers, NIRDIs <3

Sepkus necklace
CC90F128-0B07-493D-9174-D9F62C427F54.jpeg

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Happy New Year !

Catching up somewhat at random:

@Jimmianne I am... only just starting to miss work: letters to write, a draft... pecking at 2019 - when I am not sleeping 2018 off.

@junebug17 I came home last evening with a good load of rosemanry which is very sweet at this time of the year (starting to flower) - enough to well, eat. Some got spread on a glorious round of pasta - with almonds and a thick olive oil & nothing else to spoil the taste.
... The almond trees are just starting to flower next to last-year's blackened almonds still hanging in there - out of which, some got among my 'spoils' from yesterday's walk, next to wild mushrooms & fenil, and thyme & greens, and winter kaki. I might be a bit odd going for such things, but I did grow up with a kitchen garden & wild stuff at the market - and I am giddy happy to having what I am used to :)

@missy I am laughing out loud here: you'd be the only woman with good hair at just about any conference I can think of... I only know two exceptions: one dressing for retirement, another for office.

Nevermind hairy or hairless bookworms. (I hate the imposed deprecation!)

I have certainly noticed the beach photos when you posted them. No wonder you are happy with this diamond .) & the setting is fun.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies :D

Finally getting time to post, although we’d rather they were here and busy, than gone and busy :(2

@marcy, your emerald earrings are lovely, big thumbs up to Marty for expert clicking :lol: Definitely dig out your other emerald pieces and wear them. Yikes it’s cold there, stay warm and safe, and yay, it’s Friday, so 2 days off work.

It sounds like your ramble was very productive @AV_ how great to be able to get home and start cooking with such fresh ingredients. :lickout:

Sounds like you had a great Christmas too @junebug17 and what a relief for you that Zoe travelled well. Makes it easier for next time. Enjoy your time in SC.

Awww thanks for the invitation @Jimmianne , right back at you, we WILL get together one of these days. Glad you had a good Christmas with your DD and her future in laws. Wow, that necklace is so unusual.

Welcome back @Tekate I hope you enjoyed every minute of your trip, but I bet you’re glad to be home again.

@missy that wig’s another winner, the colour, the style, you really suit every single one. How did it go with the roofer, hopefully a relatively easy and inexpensive fix? The weather looks perfect there, bright and crisp.

Well, we’ve been really busy, on Sunday we went to Windsor Castle, they had Meagan’s wedding dress on display, it’s tiny :shock: We’ve been playing lots of games together, which has really been fun. On Boxing Day we went shopping, I say we, Kim picked up armfuls of clothes :lol: She had originally gone to get some Whittards tea for her brother and younger sister, but couldn’t resist the bargains. We told her we’d pay for her clothes, which left her free to buy things for her nieces and nephews. Yesterday we went out to lunch with Adam’s best friend and his wife and parents (his parents are also friends of ours). They’re thrilled to bits, Will & Debbie and their other son and DIL have both announced they’re having babies within a week of each other :D

Yesterday evening, Adam & Kim started packing up, and Kim had a shower. We heard a big rush of water on the kitchen ceiling :shock: We think the valve at the top of the pipe which feeds the shower head has blown off, this happened on one of the other showers a couple of years ago. We’ve had to turn the electricity off to the lights, and the kitchen ceiling is all stained. We can’t get a plumber out until Monday :(2

Poor Kim felt awful, but we told her it could’ve happened at any time, and just as well it happened now rather than when they arrived.

We dropped them at the airport this morning, so they’re 3 hours into their flight by now. We went straight from the airport to the shops, honestly, they’ve eaten their own body weight in food since they’ve been here :lol:

As soon as we got back, I started cleaning and getting the laundry and house straight.

It feels really empty now :(2

Hope you’re all enjoying your day and looking forward to the weekend :wavey:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Morning NIRDI's. I am starting to read back posts!

@missy separate baths! both homes! my dream.. I think it's wonderful. Missy I am so sorry again about the death of your dear friend..it so hurts. ((MISSY)) always a hug to you. Missy you are so beautiful inside and out that a wig just enhances what is already a wonderful, beautiful, kind and thoughtful woman. you look wonderful wig or no wig.. but I do understand wanting to wear one and I will too if I start losing my hair also.. why not! Thank you so much for the beautiful poem..I am lucky! my birthday was a hit or miss.. I forgot it, and my husband did too! hahaha.. but then he remembered.. I have decided no traveling on at Xmas time again! too much to do when I get back! (((MISSY))))!!!

@Jimmianne i've read enough to know you went over to France - is the antique dealer showing you tons of beauty? post please!!! :) how are wedding plans and DD doing? Gosh the reno looks wonderful Jmmi!!! love it, love the limestone.. very cool looking.. That niecklace is beautiful Jimmi really stunning!

@marcy my husband John has zero cartilige in his right knee. When he was a teen he came down after shooting a BB and off he went and off they went and took out all the cartilage, his knee can swell up something fierce, but an aleve helps him.. he saw my surgeon in Austin (the guy that did both of my hip replacements), my surgeon said in reply to John's queston of 'do I have arthritis'? and Jack said "you have a lot a ton of ITIS in your knee!" said John needed a replacement, but he's been exercising that knee for 50 years and most times it doesn't bother him! me I have zero cartilege in my rigt shoulder and it kills me at times.. he's thin, I'm not ;-) exercise helps, but I can say when your quality of life goes down, it's time to replace, I know this because I waited till I could barely move b4 doing my right hip. My physical life improved 85%! so when you are ready, do it! and sorry it hurts, I hear you and send you hugs.. AND no driving 160! nope. Keep your car off limits to that crazy teenage driver, your husband! my son recently told me he gota ticket in TX for going 99mph, men.

@PierreBear did you go home to Cambodia? on my bucket.. hope your visit was wonderful. Hope you are well and your holiday season has gone smashing!

@Austina Hi! how are you dear girl!! how's the weather in England? I met tons of people on my cruise from England.. such lovely people, always ever so much calmer than Americans (as we all know I'm jumpy ! ). Sounds like your visit with your son has been wonderful!!! 40th Anniversary! congratulations... wondeful to make it isn't it? John and I will be 32 years in June! So sorry about the water break, we have all had one, two or 3! or more.. I truly believe leaks are the bane of the homeowner, I said that to Missy too.... in our bathrooms the walls look like crap because the fans stink! this year we are going to put new fans in and redo the master bathroom.. water.. so sorry.. even plumbers here in Maine are hard to find.. I dunno.. :( for you.. but now a new ceiling or paint!

@Sandeek Sooo sorry about all this stress and pain etc.. sucks. just sucks.

@AV_ happy new year! sounds like you have been busy! I loved Prague.. would go back.. basically I find Europe beautiful.

@junebug17 Hi Junie!!! how are you? I think all is well with DK and they are shipping my ring out today.. I forget what I bought truthfully. hahaha! truth. I am so happy you had a wonderful Christmas with your family June.. Are you still in South Carolina? so glad Zoe made the trip without problems!!!! .

I hope I am catching up girls, I have my LV's out on the dining table and will take a pix and put it up later today I think.

Son voraciously trying to find somewhere to live in the city.. ugh.. so many scams out there.

older son happy and doing well.

Salley dog, John and I are staying in today, lots of rain due here in southern Maine! bettern snow.

bbl

all love to you all.
Kate

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Xluis1.jpg xluis2.jpg xluis3.jpg

My LV family :) last one on right is the newVienna! first one John gave me in Austin, second one John bought me in Paris, 3rd Vienna and wallet for xmas one year. Love my LVs :) first 2 are in bad shape but that is the nature of a pocketbook.. :)

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey there everyone!

@marcy, Happy Friday! Nice that you're getting out early on Monday. I totally understand your friend talking to her SIL and not wanting to act like nothing's going on. Wow, you are definitely having some cold temps!

@Jimmianne, beautiful necklace!

@av, you made out very well on your walk! I LOVE pasta and your dish sounds delicious, yum. It is so nice that you can experience the same things you grew up with.

@Austina, how great you had so much fun with Kim and Adam - going to Windsor Castle sounds so good to me, I love visiting historical places. Sounds like the week was very busy and very enjoyable. Oh no to the shower leak! But so true, better now than at the beginning of their visit. Hopefully a plumber will be available soon and it can get fixed quickly.

@Tekate, I so agree, I'll take rain over snow any day! Sounds like a perfect day to just stay holed up in the house. Sending lots of good thoughts that your sone finds a place, I know it's very challenging. Oh my gosh, all of your bags are gorgeous!!! Thank you so much for posting pics, it's a joy to see your amazing collection:love:, and your new bag is stunning, congrats!

Pretty quiet day here...was supposed to rain all day but we got lucky and the rain held off. Took a walk on the beach and went out for lunch, and we'll do take-out tonight.

Here's Zoe relaxing - in other words, doing what she always does lol!
52A826FD-5715-400B-971E-932EA0AC8F57.jpeg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Jimmianne, beautiful necklace. Lots of gems in there. Marty and I are rather good at clicking on the right button to purchase things. We don’t even need Alexa or Siri to help.

AV, Happy New Year! 2019 will be here before you know it and then it’s back to work. It’s great you have such great local produce. It is so much better when it’s fresh.

Austina, that was a quick visit but it sounds like you had a great time. i am sure I’ll wear my emeralds more now. That’s pretty cool about your friends expecting grand babies at so close together. Oh no about the shower head breaking. It’s always something, eh? I hope you get the plumber out on Monday to get it fixed. I hope Adam and Kim arrived home safely.

Kate, it sounds like we definitely feel each other’s pain. That is kind of funny what the doctor told John. I am going to ask Marty to give me one or two basic things I can do to strengthen my legs. It is starting to wake me up at nights. I am eating Advil and using aspercreme way too often. i won’t drive 160 but I did go 121 once. It was fun. I love your LV. I dug out my Snoopy Coach tote bag tonight. I had a purple Dolce and Gabbana copy bag from Hong Kong. It looked really good but that dye stunk to high heaven. I finally threw it away. I’ll send the snow your way. I like to share that way. Good luck to your son finding a place to live in NYC.

Junebug, Zoe looks comfy and content on the window seat. I am glad the weather was decent and you are enjoying your time in SC. it was down right cold today. I dug out my thermal underwear that I usually wear to star parties. It kept me warm at work.

Other than the cold today it wasn’t a bad day. I met a friend for lunch and was out the door about 4:58 pm. I had a bowl of homemade soup I had in the freezer when I got home. It hit the spot; sadly now I’m hungry. We started a jigsaw puzzle I got Marty for Christmas but the pieces are hard to tell if they line up or not. It’s going to be a challenge.

I hope to get our Christmas decorations down this week. Then we have to move things out of our bedroom, closet and den before the installers start on the floor.

Take care.
Marcy

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, puzzles are so much fun...at times. I hope the pieces cooperate better today.

Austina. Aw, When I read that they left and the house feels empty, I felt a twinge for you. It’s always hard to say goodbye.

Tekate, Love your bag display. You know where to send the ones that you are tired of!

June, It would be fun to read Zoe’s mind. I wonder if she is still reminiscing about her trip.

To all... <3

I slept about 20 hour, from noon on yesterday. Feeling better, but look like h**l...about a million years old.Today, soon, all the women of the family take a van to the big city for dd’s wedding dress appointment...probably wine, etc. And lunch, etc. Then tomorrow is Christmas with dd’s f’s Mom. I can’t quite get my bearings, but the whole year has been like that. My [unthinkable!] fourth trip here in 2018, and every trip has been busy and unsettled.
However, there are those magic moments, if one does not blink.
Last night I walked into the village at dark to buy dinner. Christmas lights were sparkling on some the ancient walls, and some people had candles lit in their gardens. I took a dark back street home and saw a big black shape in the road. I was hesitant because it could have been a large dog. Voila! It was two black sheep. Lol I then heard the owner whistling for them and helped herd them back to their yard. A man keeps sheep in his yard to mow the grass right in the middle of the village! We spoke only french and he understood me. That, my friends, is my Christmas miracle. Lol
These are the little things that charm me and draw me into a romantic relationship with this place.

26AA492D-6F14-446C-A0CF-46104BBD2CA9.jpeg 53E7691B-1915-4D8D-96C5-F443BC8BB597.jpeg

Happy day to you, as always, with love.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@junebug17 so glad the flight went smoothly and Zoe was a calm and cool passenger. Yay for enjoying your time at the beach and getting in some well deserved R & R and sounds like you had a lovely Christmas with your family. All that deliciousness is hard work and exhausting so happy you are getting some time now to just relax and enjoy. Zoe sure knows how to relax and yes that is one thing our kitties can do very well. Hahaha. And thank you for Tommy's compliment and we all think Zoe is a beautiful girl. They would make pretty babies Tommy and Zoe (if Tommy wasn't neutered that is lol and I am guessing Zoe is spayed). Thank you for the love and hugs and right back at ya and I hope you have a lovely weekend and enjoy the walk and the takeout. (((Hugs))).

@Tekate yes we are at the beach house and everyone is doing well thanks for asking. We got one estimate and it is super pricey but waiting for a couple of others to get back to us. No one is in a rush as it seems a busy season for roofers.
YAY to the wonderful opportunity for your son and yes to seeing you in the Spring or Winter or whenever you are visiting here again. I am looking forward to it. I cannot believe your DIL is due in just a few months wow that went fast. There are some B&Bs around the area if you are looking for a less expensive place to stay. The stairs in the brownstones can be steep and many so I hear you on that. Though your DIL might like having some "live in" help in the beginning..:halo:
Thank you for all the hair love and anytime you want to try any of my hair on (haha that sounds so weird) you are welcome to do so. I prefer not having to wear wigs of course and am still hoping for a miracle but I am being realistic and facing reality is something I can do. Cannot control what is happening with my body and hair but I can do what I can to make it more palatable.
Did you hear back from David Klass yet?
Wow to all those LV pocketbooks. That is a nice LV family. Sweet.
Stay dry Kate the Great and yes rain is better than snow. And having a good roof is important for both.
(((Hugs))).

@marcy wow that is cold. Yay for a short week this past week (it's Saturday woohoo) and next week. And yes I imagine getting back to the regular schedule the following week will be challenging. But I keep thinking each day we are climbing out of the darkness and the short days of winter so yes to that. Sorry work was a bit boring last week but that beats aggravation. Hope you are enjoying some leftover goodies that you baked. Greg baked his regular Christmas gluten cookies just the other day and while I cannot taste them they smell heavenly. Wow.

Screen Shot 2018-12-29 at 7.37.58 AM.png

And I am enjoying the gluten free (egg free and butter free too) Christmas cookies he baked for me. They really are tasty.
Thanks for the hair love. Got a new wig just the other day called Madelyn and it is nice. But like all of them needs to be thinned as it is too much hair for me. This is going to start getting pricier as I can only imagine how much it is going to cost to thin out 8 wigs. Yup I just bought 2 more.:lol:
You are getting those decorations down quickly. I think we will wait another week or 2 before our tree comes down as we put it up only a little bit before Christmas.
Have a wonderful weekend and hugs.

@Austina happy you had a wonderful visit with Adam and Kim. Oh no to the shower and water issue. What is it with water and the NIRDIs these days. Hoping that gets resolved quickly and that your gate is fixed soon too. Sending you good luck dust for all the above. Love that you got to sight see and saw the Castle and that Kim got some wonderful purchases and how kind you bought them for her. What a good MIL to be.:halo: When will you be seeing them next? Thank you for the lovely compliment. Hope you have a good weekend and hugs.

@Jimmianne love those photos. It is very romantic there. Black sheep are beautiful. I have to remember that when I am feeling like a black sheep myself :P2And yes to sleeping all those hours. You needed it. Estate jewelry place this weekend perhaps? Glad Christmas was a success with the family in laws. Thank you for enjoying all my photos and hair and different looks lol. My hair always had multiple personality disorder (curly, wavy, straight and sometimes all within the same day literally lol) and now my wigs are too. Hahaha. Hugs to you.

@Sandeek how are you doing girlfriend? Thinking of you and sending much love and continued healing dust your way. Hope you are having a good week and weekend. (((Hugs))).

@PierreBear hope you are having fun with family and enjoying the holidays. Hugs.

We had a good couple of days. Baked. Went to the beach again and it was so beautiful there. And just enjoyed each other's company and being here at the shore. It really is so nice here. My parents are visiting us today and I think we will take them to one of the cute towns we went to this past week. They would enjoy that and then out to dinner. Usually Greg would cook but it will be easier this way since we will be out all day and there really is no time to cook if we are out and exploring. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. Leaving you with a photo from the beach.

missyandgregbeachsilhouette.jpg.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wanted to share this with you girls too. This is so true. (((Hugs))) to you all.

compliments.jpg.png

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Jimmianne i'll drop one off when I come to your France house ;-) :) if you can, and DD picks out a dress, and you can get a pix, please post if you can.. I get this having gone thru the weddng in 17. Loved the sheep! and I would feel the same way about the growing love for your home and France, I would love to live there like you do but hey what is the next best thing????? well having g/f there ;-) seriously I just look at the sheep and I love the place. Looking forward to hearing all the wedding news (if any). :)

@missy love the quote. it's true too! Thanks for asking about my DK ring, it's on its way I think, that is what Amy? said. There was trouble with our CC, it was turned down by our CC 2x, then they sent an email to John, he okayed it, but they never resubmitted it (don't blame them I wouldn't have either).. So we straightened that out and the ring should be here any day now, just a very small stacker but I am thrilled with myself to have a DK ring! (soon...hopefully!).. hope you are doing well and all the kittens and Greg are in order. AND cookies look delish!!!!!!

@marcy I do believe you can keep your snow.. we had tons of rain and just a minute bit of snow and it's going to be 49F today!!! yahoo. Of course it's just a reprieve, January is coming.. (FEB MARCH APR too!) So glad to read you are sleeping longer to get rid of the 'bug'.. always helps to just sleep!! Personally Marcy, my son is a bit of a dope :) but he says he can rent an apt in the city w/o seeing it etc.. I thought it nuts, he's got to be in the city to start the job in 3 weeks.. my nephew has 3 kids and a new one coming, himself and wife and while his house is big my boy can't stay there and my niece hmmmm her place is a dump.. but her dump you know.. art everywhere, jewelry making, magazines etc.. no room for him to stay for a bit... I suggested an extended stay for a month.. so maybe if he can't find anything he will try this.. he said he'd thought about that.. so maybe!

@Austina HOLA girl, when are you going to Atown next? I will be doing on March 9th for a few days to attend DIL's baby shower, staying my bestie's house (haven't told her yet :) ) but it's a blow in blow out thing 3-4 days as we will be going down the month of april for the baby... maybe we can hookup? hope so, if not, eventually!

@Sandeek sending good, happy dust and vibes to you.. thinking of you.. hope you are on the mend.

@canuk-gal sending a hug and a hi to you Sharon!

@junebug17 thanks for the compliments on my bags Junie...sending you a huge hugs girlie!

@PierreBear as the same as Missy, hope you are enjoying yourself and family!!! sending you a hug too!

@AV_ I tried to buy rosemary here for a pasta dish (not as delicious as the one you made I am sure) couldn't find any here.. hmmm.. gotta use dry.. I love rosemary..! sending you a big hi and hug lady! Oh and I agree with Jimmi, don't think about practical things in life till you must!

Hey LADIES of the NIRDI! thank you for being my friend.. reading... listening and caring.. makes a difference in my life

Kate!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Great bag @Tekate love the shape and size of it:love: it’s lovely to ha e something to remind you of the great places you’ve visited. We’re going to be in Austin beginning of Feb, then again end of June, so hopefully if you’re visiting your little granddaughter, we could meet up then :P2 Can’t wait to see your DK purchase.

Thanks @Jimmianne , I know you know what it feels like to have a child who lives so far away. I’ll be ok in a couple of days. Wow, you certainly needed that sleep. How great that you’re conversing with the locals and feeling at home there. What s lovely photo, it’s very atmospheric.

Thanks @marcy, Adam & Kim got back home fine, it always amazes me how quickly (relatively) you can be in one country, and a few hours later, several thousand miles away. The time went too quickly when they were here, but we’ll see them again in 6 weeks.

I’ll bet you can’t wait to get your flooring done, and all the upheaval will be worth it. I plan on putting our decorations away on Wednesday next week.

Come on over @junebug17 and we’ll take you to Windsor Castle, Great Fosters for afternoon tea, and Hampton Court Palace, all within easy reach of us. :D Zoe looks very comfy on her perch.

Have fun with your parents today @missy it sounds like it’ll be the perfect outing. Going out to eat will round off the day beautifully. Those cookies look really good, and at least they’re calorie free on screen :lol:

What colour did you go for with the new wigs? I’ll absolutely be up for trying on your ‘hair’ next time we visit NY :lol: The beach looks beautiful, very calming and serene.

Hope you’re improving all the time @Sandeek, take it easy and look after yourself.

Hi @PierreBear did you have a good Christmas?

Have you been cooking with more of your foraged iingredients @AV_?

We’re going out tonight. Our friends were supposed to be coming here, but it’s a bit difficult to cook without lights, so our friends invited us there. We’ve decided to get a takeaway, as my friend has hurt her back. We’ll get it delivered here as our Indian restaurant is really good then head to their place.

Have a great weekend you lovely NIRDIS :wavey:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Nirdis!

@missy, so nice that you and Greg are enjoying your time at the beach. I hope you had a lovely visit with your parents and yes, I fully support the idea of eating out! Sometimes it's just easier, and it's fun to do when you're out and about. Beautiful quote, very true and I completely agree! Greg's cookies look so good, and it's great he was able to make some goodies for you too.

@marcy, nice that you had lunch out with a friend...and now it's the weekend, yay. Jigsaw puzzles are fun (when they're not driving you crazy :D) and a good way to pass the time when it's too cold to venture outside. I might join in you in taking down the decorations soon...in fact, I might start tomorrow, we'll see how much energy I have lol.

@Jimmianne, you do sound on the go when you are in France, I hope you get a chance to just rest and relax a little. I do get that you want to get some things accomplished while you're there though. Hope you had a fun time at the dress appointment, and that you enjoy yourself at dd's fiance's mother's house. Sounds like it will be lovely. Love that you met a few sheep, and how wonderful that the owner understood you, that is fantastic! :appl: And lovely pics :love: It is so much fun to experience France through your eyes, thank you for sharing your time there with us.

@Tekate, glad to hear the ring thing was worked out with dk and it's on your way to you! Had to laugh at your comments about your son...because I'm in the same boat, my kids are good people but also so stubborn and headstrong, I swear they are taking years off my life haha!

@Austina, I would LOVE to go to England and do all those things with you! The perfect vacation! I am a big fan of take-out (the US equivalent of take-away haha), so convenient and leaves more time to spend with company. Very nice you'll be seeing Kim and Adam again soon, it takes the sting out of missing them.

We're back in NJ, and Zoe seemed to handle her first plane rides pretty well lol! We went to a local place for dinner with ds, and are calling it an early night - dh and I are both wiped out. Of course Zoe is full of life and jumping around all over the place :P2

Have a great night! Xxx

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s! 2 more days left for this year.

Jimmianne, we love to do puzzles too. Marty got the edge straightened out this morning with lots of sunlight coming through the windows. I got maybe 1/3 of the interior done today. I hope all that slept helped you adjust more to local time. You have a busy and fun weekend planned. Too funny about the 2 black sheep; how cool you were able to converse in french. Sweet.

Missy, I hope you find a better estimate on the roof repair. I have already noticed the sunsets are getting a few minutes later each week. The sunrise will start being earlier late next week. Yay for more daylight. Greg’s cookies look fabulous. I can taste them already. i am so glad your gluten free cookies were so good. Maybe call around for estimates on thinning out your wigs; since you have 8 of them hopefully someone will give you a good deal. i wanted to get the decorations down early so we can work on cleaning out the 3 rooms that are getting new flooring. That will be a chore. Enjoy your decorations for me. Great picture of you guys on the beach. I hope you and your parents enjoyed the day. Great sentiment about compliments. I should give that to some of my employees.

Kate, glad they straightened out the charge on your cc and your ring is finally on the way. I am anxious to see it. I hope you don’t have much snow this season. Our snow season is October to May. And then I wouldn’t bet on it. I hope your son works out something until he finds a place to stay. If he’s like Marty he doesn’t get too worked up about it and figures it will work out. Stay warm.

Austina, it is amazing how quickly we can get around these days. When Marty was traveling to Brazil or Africa those were an adventure. It’s nice you will see them again in a few weeks. I bet you look forward to the day when you can move to the states. I am anxious for the new flooring and then probably have another month to wait for our furniture. It will be nice to get everything done. Have fun with your friends. I missed that your lights aren’t working - is the power out? I hope that gets fixed soon.

Junebug, I used to do a lot of puzzles with my next door neighbor when I was in school. We’d usually get the 500 piece done in a night or two. Some of them can be a pain though. I am usually kind of sad to take down the Christmas decorations but I think I’m over the holidays already this year. I am glad you guys made it home okay. Rest up; it’s amazing how tiring relaxing and traveling can be.

We stayed up until about midnight then I was ready to crash. Marty stayed up longer to finish watching a movie. I woke up at 5 am freezing so got up and put on an extra blanket. I managed to sleep 3 more hours. Marty and I went out to lunch then ran some errands. I have the laundry done and moved a few clothes to the top rack in the closet. I should clean out my clothes but maybe I’ll do that when I put things back. We were near 30 today; we barely needed a coat.

Take care.
Marcy

Uni

Rough_Rock
Good evening, Ladies. I’m so sorry to crash your thread. ;-) I just happened to see egg free, butter free Christmas cookies, and I have a little boy with allergies who would looove to know more. @missy, could you possibly share the name of the cookies/cookbook/...so I could do some googling.

Lest I take and offer nothing...here’s my small LV family. My favorite of all time. :) Have a great night, all!

0E08DE95-1E37-4409-9843-94B3DACB12EF.jpeg

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina thank you Austina, I love my LVs, sorta, I cannot say that I do any looking at the LV website, I couldn't even find my new bag, so maybe it's way outta date? dunno.. When I went to high school I was lower class, my dad blue collar and a sorta functioning alchoholic, the girls all had weeun loafers and Etienne Aigner purses, in late 60s in my area that was expensive, I had Thom McCann loafers and Alexander (not mcqueen ha) purses, no names, the rich girls were mean girls, and I being the ADD kid was and am I seethed. So I grew up, grew money working and moved up to LVs, so I can only really say that I buy them on occassion to fill that empty spot of being less in CT in the late 60s ha! I like them and my bag is newer than my smaller one but in much worse shape, I use them why not... I would love to buy my DIL one (she has coach and she loves bags).. but John wold balk sooo I wait. :) plus she should pick her own style. This leads me to: Okay when Mike was born in 87 John went to the city unbeknownst to me and bought me .50ct diamond studs, I think they are nice, I never wear them, several reasons, one being two holes in my ear became ONE over the years and I the stud sorta caused that, so I am giving the studs to my son (cleaned and shined :) ) to give to Cara when she has Autumn.. sorta of passing something on that started when Michael was born.. Mike oved of course as he's my son (Chris is John's boy).. I'm happy about that, glad I can pass this stuff on while HERE! I have .50ct princess cut studs from BN, they are nice and they go to Chris. I am loquacious this a.m. sorry! Chris also gets my 1.61ct MRB stone when he get's engaged. If he wants it, he wll probably marry someone who wants something very current, but people are stupid if they turn down a freebie! imho anyway! I loved my tour of Windsor Castle so I'll be right over ;-) .. and Love LOVE clotted cream! can't get it here.. maybe at Whole Foods.. EEEK sorry about the LIGHTS! what up with that? altho anytime we can get takeout it's heaven! sending a hug or 2 your way girl. Don't know if we will be in Atown the same time, but if so.. meet up!!!

@missy hope you are having a great time with your family.. I love all your wigs, I think thinning some out may make you more comfortable with them, but they are all beautiful, like you Missy.. just like you. :) I tooo wish you will find a good, fair price for your roof, after a huge storm in Austin everyone needed, wanted and got new roofs thru insurance and boy creeps abounded, you have to really check out these peeps.. I know you and Greg will, but I was astounded at the creeps. (well not really but you get my drift ha!).

@marcy I hope I get the ring, so far nothing from DK with a label or anything, good thing I'm old :) plus it wasn't expensive, first world problem I know. We hit almost 50F yesterday, but this a.m. back to the teens.. cold! but no snow left amen. Our snow is late December thru mid april. give or take. :) Some years I am soo happy to take the decorations down from Christmas but this year we didn't put up a tree tll 12/22 so I am enjoying my tree and my lights etc. But on 1/6 all will come down. My mom had a rule, no Christmas decorations till after Catherine's bday and all had to be done by 1/7 Genevieve's birtday (big sis).. it worked altho, little brothers hated the 12/15 one, we were always last to have ANY decorations up, my mom wanted my bday to be mine, but it only stuck me out more and I got ragged so now I put them up early December if I'm home. Puzzles, I have always sucked at puzzles, I start them and lose interest! then wonder why I can't do them, hubster is GOOD at them :) I agree with what you said about getting around, it's much easier and cheaper today than ever (a big PITA too). :) I hope my son get's something in the city too, not bugging him but I wonder.. I hope he's doing the right thing.. oh well he's 27. :) :) have a wonderful week girlie!

@junebug17 back in Jersey eh? I think you guys are having the same cold front we are here in Maine! I'm so happy Zoe made it flying and mom and dad too! I know the tired feeling I swear it's taken me over a week to get over flying.. glad you had a good time with DS!!! I know the feeling. Next up New Years eve, I always sleep thru it.. truth! I was old when I was 40! hahah. have a great week Junie! xo

@Jimmianne hola looking forward to hearing the skinny on the holiday with DDs future inlaws and the dress shopping.. I too think it's awesome you can converse in French! When are you coming back to the good old USA? Glad you like puzzles, like I said I stink at puzzles but I love a good crossword, not the NYTimes, tooo hard. :) You sound so busy in France.. that's good! not much going on here in Maine..xoxoxo

@Uni Hola and hello too, welcome to our NIRDIs.. stick around if you want, and YOUR BAG IS FANTASTIC, beautiful, classic and I covet it dearly. that said.. it's beautful, love the color. Welcome again and may ya'll stick around if you want.

EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT WEEK!

kate the GReaT

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy New Year's Eve Eve! Sorry for a quick post today but lots to do and heading to Brooklyn and then coming back here so when we go back next week with all 4 kitties it isn't overwhelming since we will have been here for 3 weeks. You can imagine all the stuff that has accumulated both here and there.

@junebug17 welcome back home and so glad you had a lovely time in SC and that Zoe did well on her first plane trip. And yes to eating out and calling it an early evening last night. Hope you had a great night's sleep. (((Hugs))) to you and Zoe and Mr Junebug. Hoping your brother and son and DD are doing well too. What are your plans for NYE?

@marcy fantastic idea and I will try that. Just don't want to choose a hairdresser who isn't good because if she/he makes mistakes the hair doesn't grow back on the wigs. Hahaha. Yes so glad the days are getting noticeably longer. Smart of you to get decorations down and making it manageable too. Thanks for the good wishes and yes hoping we can get reasonable estimates. Amazing how roofers are so busy that no one (save that expensive guy) is getting back to us. I am glad you were able to get back to sleep for another 3 hours. Sweet. I always get up and turn our heat up in the middle of the night. But I am wimp that way. Sometimes it is 70 degrees in the bedroom these days as I need it warmer than before. And don't even ask how warm we keep the downstairs (78 lol see I told you not to ask). And when I say to Greg I'm cold but the temp is at a high temp he says who cares. Make yourself comfortable. Gotta love that man. Hope you have a fun Sunday and yes those employees of yours need as much love as possible. They are miserable and try overwhelming them with love and see if that works. Cannot make things worse right? Yay for a shorter work week.

@Tekate aww you are such a sweetheart. Thank you and right back at ya. Great news about your DK ring. Keep us posted and pics are mandatory you know.:bigsmile: Hope you are enjoying a wonderful weekend and your LV collection is enviable.:love: We hit over 50F yesterday but funnily enough I was still cold. My parents were comfortable and so was Greg (who was wearing just a light jacket) so I think it is me (and my low functioning thyroid) more than our weather. Rain is predicted here 4 days of next week so you can imagine my concern with our leaking roof...Greg tarped it but not sure it will hold or if it even covers all of the leaking areas. Julio caulked it last weekend but it didn't work fully and leaked Monday when it rained here last. And this AM before we head to Brooklyn Greg is going up on the roof himself to re caulk some areas but who knows where it is leaking from as Julio and Greg did caulk all the apparent areas that needed it. We definitely need professional expertise but Greg is adamant about not using that first roofer guy who is now hot for us to hire him. LOL isn't that always the way. The bad guys are the most responsive and expensive at first at least. Or as you call them "creeps". OK have a great day Kate the Great and hugs.

@Austina thank you sweetie. You are so kind. Hope you had a wonderful time out with your friends and enjoyed the day. And 100% you can try on all my wigs. Human hair and synthetic. Synthetic is so much lighter but the HH wig looks the best (and cost 20 times what the synthetics cost yup you can see why I am keen on finding good synthetics for now lol). The newest wig called Madelyn I got in the color Auburn Sugar again. I am loving that color. Here is a bad photo just for you. Again in my nightgown haha. That's when I seem to have more energy to try them on....this wig looks a lot like the Stevie wig but it has more hair though it is shorter in length. All the wigs but the Cher wig need to be thinned all over. My head is relatively small compared to the average head size and these non custom wigs overpower me.

Screen Shot 2018-12-30 at 7.57.41 AM.png

You cannot really tell the color in that one OK here's one with the sun hitting it. You can see the color much better here.

madelyncolor.jpg.png

@AV_ how are you doing? Hope you are having a good holiday weekend. Sending you hugs.

@canuk-gal how are you doing? Thinking of you and wishing you a happy and healthy New Year. (((Hugs))).

@Sandeek sending you love and hugs and good wishes and hoping you are having a nice weekend. XOXO.

@Uni hello there and welcome. So sorry your little boy is dealing with so many allergies. Sending you both good wishes and healing hugs and so happy to share this delicious cookie recipe with you. Greg tried many different gluten free egg free, dairy free, soy free, nut free etc recipes but this was the one. Tastes so good and we are both picky so hopefully your little boy will love these cookies. Love your LV pocketbook. What a gorgeous neutral color too. :love:

http://sweet-treats-baking.blogspot.com/2016/12/spritz-cookies-aip-paleo-gluten-free.html

Spritz Cookies (AIP, Paleo, Gluten Free)
yields around 16 cookies

64 grams(1/4 cup) palm shortening
39 grams (2 tablespoons) Grade A dark maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
23 grams (3 tablespoons +1 teaspoon) coconut flour
25 grams (3 tablespoons +1 teaspoon) tapioca starch
27 grams (3 tablespoons +1 teaspoon) arrowroot
3/4 teaspoon gelatin
1/8 teaspoon paleo baking powder (recipe follows)
pinch of sea salt

1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Fit a pastry bag with a large star tip (I used a Wilton bag fitted with an 824 Ateco tip).
  2. In a medium mixing bowl, cream together the palm shortening with the maple syrup and the vanilla extract with a silicone spatula until well combined. If the palm shortening is too solid to properly mix—mine typically is during the winter—allow the ingredients to warm up slightly on the preheating stove. A hand mixer may also be used.
  3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut flour, tapioca, arrowroot, gelatin, paleo baking powder, and sea salt.
  4. Add the dry ingredients to the shortening/maple/vanilla and mix until well combined.
  5. Transfer the dough to the prepared pastry bag. Pipe the dough into rosettes, starting from the center & swirling outward. Draw circles as guides on the bottom of the parchment paper, if needed. Leave a little space between the cookies to allow them to puff a little during the baking process.
  6. Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 6 minutes, then rotate the pan and bake for an additional 2 to 3 minutes, or until the cookies are just starting to turn golden on the edges.
  7. Allow the cookies to cool completely on the pan before serving.
  8. Store cookies in a single layer in an airtight container at room temperature or in the freezer. Leftover cookies may soften, so re-crisp in a warm oven, if needed, before serving.
Matcha Wreath Variation
Same ingredients as above with the addition of:
A heaping 1/4 teaspoon of matcha green tea powder
Apple juice sweetened dried cranberries, chopped
Turbinado/raw sugar

• Make the same recipe as above, adding a heaping 1/4 teaspoon of matcha green tea powder to the dry ingredients. Mix the green tea variation dough with a hand mixer too, just to ensure there are no tiny lumps of matcha.
  • Pipe the dough into rings & press chopped dried cranberries into the rings. Sprinkle a little turbinado sugar over the wreaths.
  • Bake as instructed above, though the wreaths may bake more quickly depending on how they thick they are piped, so watch them carefully.
Paleo Baking Powder
81 grams (1/2 cup) cream of tartar
55 grams (1/4 cup) baking soda
30 grams (1/4 cup) arrowroot or tapioca

1. Sift together the cream of tartar, baking soda, and arrowroot/tapioca.
  2. Store in an airtight jar. Use wherever baking powder is used.

Posted by Laura Vein at 1:07 PM
Labels: AIP (Autoimmune Protocol), Christmas, Cookies, Dairy Free, Egg free, Gluten Free, Grain Free, Holiday, Maple,Matcha, Nut free, Organic, Paleo, Refined Sugar Free, Vanilla

If you try the recipe please let me know if it was a success with your little one. Thanks and sending you good wishes for a happy and healthy New Year.

We had a lot of fun with my parents yesterday but they are slowing down and so frail. I am concerned but they have spirit and joy and despite their physical challenges they have such great attitudes. And I was worried about my dad driving back all that way in the pitch dark but he won't give that up (yet). We had a lovely long day and evening with them and I am cherishing every moment.

Have a great day girls. Wish me luck today. Lots to do and lots of potential for complications. (((Hugs))).:wavey:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Where has this year gone :-o ?

Something went wrong with the shower in the guest room on Thursday evening @marcy, and soaked the kitchen ceiling, which has all recessed lighting, so we were advised to cut the electricity to the lights. I can still smell damp, but a plumber is coming to look tomorrow, so hopefully it’ll be fixed soon. We put the power back on today, so have light again. I’ve started to put few decorations away today too, I want to get the house sorted.

Zoe’s a little trouper @junebug17 it must be a huge relief that she’s travelled so well. The invitation is there, anytime you want to come over, we’re here. I really don’t like this feeling, I’m trying to keep busy to take my mind of them being gone :(2

:lol: all are welcome @Tekate, anytime you fancy a return visit, we’re always up for an afternoon tea out. I know we’ll both be in Atown at the same time one of these days. Hey, there’s got to be at least one advantage to getting older, and it’s great not to have to worry too much about affording nice things. Your DILs are lucky ladies to have such a sweet MIL.

Wow, that Auburn Sugar is such a great colour on you @missy I really can’t believe how natural it look. It’s hard to see your parents aging, but they sound very independent and that’s good that they continue to carry on with their lives. Often older people start thinking “I can’t “ and that’s when the mental decline affects them physically. I’m glad you had such a good day with them, precious times and memories. I hope everything went according to plan for you today.

I started to put a few things away today, then after we’d walked Dottie, we went in to town to take back a pr of jeans that didn’t fit Kim. Whilst we were there, we got a few more things for her :lol:

Got to be up early for the plumber tomorrow :-o

Hope all the lovely NIRDIs are having a good day :wavey:

Uni

Rough_Rock
@Tekate...The red interior of your LV is *gorgeous*.

@missy...Thanks so much for the link. I scanned back a bit and have 2 observations. 1) it appears you are paleo-AIP? Sending some positivity to you! I know how difficult AIP can be--2008 for me-- and the desperation in trying to get well. How wonderful to have a partner who is willing to find recipes. May 2019 be filled with answers and healing. 2) As an unbiased 3rd party, stranger on the street...the wig looks great. I didn't have a hint it was a wig as I was scrolling through a few pages. Actually, I had a bit of hair envy...

I will be sure and let you know how the cookies go over with DS4. He's allergic to nuts, dairy, egg, shellfish and has other food sensitivities. He gets really excited when we find something new for him.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Uni, nice LV. I dug out my Snoopy Coach bag today. I rarely use it because it just doesn’t have enough pockets for my liking, but hey it’s Snoopy. i was all excited to give you a delicious PB cookie recipe but it has an egg. Darn.

Kate, great idea to pass on your 1/2 carat studs to your son when they have their baby. That’s a very nice gift. Hurry up DK band! I’m always impatient waiting for my new jewelry to show up. I hope to be anxiously waiting for something next year sometime - but first I have to pay myself back for all the new flooring and furniture. Darn that you got cold again. We are near 40 today but windy. Snow coming in tonight and tomorrow’s high is 16. Ugh. Those childhood holiday traditions do stick with us. We usually keep decorations up until about the same time you do; usually the weekend after the New Year. I wanted to do them early this year since we have to clean stuff out of the den, closet and our bedroom. I am pretty good at jigsaw puzzles but I’ve noticed with my vision problem the darker pieces are harder to find. This puzzle isn’t cut very well making it a bit more challenging. Thanks. You have a good week too.

Missy, I can imagine how much stuff you accumulate at the beach for that amount of time. When we went camping for a week I swear we packed out what seemed to be our entire house. You are so right that a bad hair cut on a wig will not grow back. I have liked every wig you have posted. They all look great on you. You’d think there would be a lot of roofers available there. Now here; the selection is not so good. That’s nice you can keep the temps as warm as you want. Marty doesn’t care either; he generally is barefoot and wearing shorts no matter what the weather. Since we got our new windows I keep our thermostat set at 73; the basement is still chilly though. I have tried to be very nice and complementary to my employees and honestly they respond to it very well. i always keep trying. I am glad you had a nice day with your parents; it is hard to watch them deal with aging. They keep going and have positive attitudes; that is great.

Austina, thanks for explaining about the lights. I remember the shower issue but didn’t connect the dots. I so agree it is wise to be cautious about that. I am glad you have lights again today. I am always anxious to put our decorations up and then anxious to take them down. It sounds like you came home with more than you returned to the store; sounds like me. I am sure Kim will enjoy getting more gifts. Good luck with the plumber tomorrow.

Marty was up way late last night so he slept in this morning. I started taking down decorations before he got up so once he ate breakfast he brought up all of the storage bins and we had everything put away in no time. I’ve decided I hate styrofoam as much as glitter. it does keep my Snoopy village safe though. While I was moving things back to the mantle I decided to throw out some knick knacks in the den plus a bunch of clothing. 2 bags’o’stuff for the trash. I need to clean out the desk, book case, binoculars, light bulbs and batteries in the den, get my bottom rack and shoes out oof the closet and move a few things out of our bedroom. I have a week to work on that though. How did buying new things become a chore for me? I didn’t think that through.

We had grilled sirloin and rice for lunch. I thawed out 2 cookies for each of us. We are down to 8 Christmas cookies left in the freezer. We’ll eat 2 each tomorrow and 2 each on New Year’s Day. Then no more cookies. Darn.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is my Snoopy Coach bag and some pictures of my emeralds.
The ring was my first real piece of jewelry that I purchased after graduating from college. I had the diamond added a few years ago; it had a tiny diamond accent there but put the 1/2 carat there because I wanted more bling on the ring. The pendant was from Marty for our first Christmas after we were married. The earrings are the new studs I got this year.
IMG_4705.JPG emeralds.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results