shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AV, I have a feeling Marty was the instigator in getting Tucker and Killer to stare. I find them watching me all the darn time.

Missy, great picture of you. I love your cat paws leggings. Cute and warm.
:wavey:

Reactions: AV_

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Nirdis!

@missy, the pic of the holiday kitty is so cute! It is very admirable that you are doing your part to help the economy lol! And great job on finding some sales. Cute pic of you out and about in the city! Love the pics of Greg and the kitties, Twix does a great impersonation of a parrot! Thanks for the compliments on the ring, and a jewelry shopping trip is tempting! I'm loving the band and I'd miss it if I sent it back, so I guess it's a keeper :P2

@Austina, I'm glad you like the ring! My dd will eventually get it so another reason to do a partial eternity, since it will need to be sized for her. Great idea to do the non-perishable Christmas food shopping, it will make things much easier. Ugh, how aggravating about the tarriff and the handling fee. I hope you can get it staightened out.

@av, the holiday sounds lovely, although it's too bad you couldn't get your shopping done! Enjoy your walk and the lovely weather. I'm a bit jealous, it'sjn cold here!!!

@marcy, thanks for the nice words! Oooh yes, a band with gemstones and diamonds would be so pretty! I made a little progress with my decorations but am still having trouble getting into the Christmas spirit. I'm going to force myself to finish up tomorrow. Omigosh, 2 degrees? And snow...take care and try to stay warm! It's really nice your company sends Christmas cards to retirement homes; I bet they will cheer up the seniors who receive them. Glad you had a nice visit with your friend. And good for you for putting Marty in charge of the food!

@Jimmianne, LOVE the signet ring! How amazing that they are your initials. The basket of the ring is really beautiful. Lol to now having no choice now but to travel! I know you love being in France so much, and I do hope things in Paris settle down before your trip. Thanks for the nice words about the ring, I'm enjoying taking it for a lot of test runs haha.

Had a nice time with dd, the four of us went out to eat last night and then today we all had breakfast together and just hung out for a while. She left for Atlantic City at noon, it's her boyfriend's birthday and a bunch of people are staying overnight to celebrate. The rest of the day was pretty quiet, just went to the gym, did laundry, and watched some tv with dh.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend so far!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Junebug, which way are you leaning on your new band? It is sure pretty. I am glad you had a nice time with your DD. I'll be finishing decorating with you tomorrow.

We got the Snoopy Village set up on the mantle and put out other assorted Christmas decorations around the house, but the tree still needs decorated. It is one of those that has lights on it already. The 2nd from the top section wouldn't light up though. Marty spent will over 2 hours working with it and finally started replacing one bulb at a time then after he replaced about 10 bad bulbs the lights came on. They are supposed to remain lit even if a bulb is burnt out. After he got the tree put together he said he was done for the day.

We watched the newest Mission Impossible tonight. It was certainly a lot of action but definitely more far fetched than most. I told Marty it should be called Mission Not Likely. :lol:

Marcy

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, that’s funny. Mission Not Likely.
You really have the holiday spirit, you and ol’ Snoopy sending out cards : ) decorating and cooking. You have got it goin’on kid.

June, AV, thanks. I can’t wait to see the signet ring in person.

Missy, you are très adorable in that hat and I <3 those tights!!!

Yesterday I did a weird dumb thing. I was in a hurry to go out and put my snake ring & Mom’s eternity on my ring finger instead of middle finger.
Then I stopped at the barn to toss out extra hay. Suddenly I looked down and my rings were gone. They had simply fallen off somewhere between the car and the hayloft. Miraculously, I dug around and found the snake ring outside in the mini horse’s hay, so I then knew the rings had made it to the barn. I rushed home and got my metal detector and voila! The diamond band was on the floor of the barn under piles of hay. I really got lucky. In my mind I had already been composing a letter to Jewelers Mutual LOL.
Snow here!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!!

@junebug17 yesss! That gorgeous diamond band is a keeper. Missing it is a sure sign it is meant to be yours. And if you change your mind it's easy to return. I am mad about Costco. They rock. They have food, clothes, shoes, games, books, blankets, jewelry and so much more. What don't they have lol. Hope you are enjoying a wonderful weekend with your DD. And I hope the decorating goes well today if you choose to do it. Don't put pressure on yourself. I know what you mean though and we are headed to the beach house next weekend and are planning on putting up our tree and decorations then but with the kitties I have a feeling we might do what we did last year. Tree with lights but no other real decorations. I think the tree looks so pretty with just lights and the star but I am a minimalist at heart. And with 4 cats it's the smart way to be lol. Anyway I hope you are having a lovely visit with your daughter and lovely weekend!

@marcy hahaha great pic of Tucker and Killer watching you. Creepy but funny. :P2
Aww sorry you lost cribbage yesterday but think about it like this...next time when you win it will be even sweeter. Thanks for enjoying the kitty leggings. I couldn't pass them up. I love this clothing site I purchase from because they have the most unique clothes. Really fun. Hope Marty's strength training went well. And haha to moving the dust collectors. We call them Chatskis. I think it's a yiddish word. For dust collectors. :P2 Hope you did all your laundry. Greg is in the middle of doing ours. He usually does it super early Sunday AM since we are usually awake early and it is pretty fast to do here. I think from start to finish it takes less than 2 hours wash and dry. Hope you are not trapped in the house today and hope the garage door sensors work. Good luck to Marty for realigning them. Fingers crossed.

@Jimmianne omg yes I saw there was snow in the Carolinas and I just a few moments ago before I got my computer and checked in here said to Greg oh no I wonder if Jimmianne got snow. Stay war and safe. And thank goodness you found your rings! My heart was in my mouth till I got to that part reading your post. And merci beaucoup for the kind compliment. I thought you would appreciate my new kitty Santa leggings. They really are hysterical and sweet at the same time. How much snow do you think you will end up getting? Stay warm and cozy and keep safe (you and the animals and your rings)!

@AV_ glad you had a work free Saturday. Sweet. And good luck getting out the letters today. I am with you. I wish my screens were easier to read in the sun. I have the most challenging time reading and posting when I am outside especially in our backyard at the beach in summer with the water reflection and the sun. One of the (many) reasons I prefer reading books especially outside. Easier to read and more enjoyable.

@Sandeek thinking of you sweet girl and hoping your weekend and recovery is going smoothly. I cannot imagine how you are feeling but remember each day is a step closer to being fully recovered and while it is a long haul with each day you are getting closer to feeling back to "normal" and feeling good. Sending more good thoughts, healing vibes and hugs your way. XO.

@Tekate omg love your photos. What a wonderful trip. Keep enjoying and having a blast! So happy you are having so much fun!

Yesterday we visited the cat rescues and also went to an "up and coming" (that term makes me laugh lol) neighborhood and it was gritty but fun and I bet the cost of the homes are way more expensive than one would think there. It's on the water and where we took that photo I shared with you yesterday. You can go canoeing on the Gowanus. Just do not fall in! (I don't think the water is very clean at all there). And we visited some vendors and artists there and it was so much fun despite the cold.

Sharing one more photo from yesterday. It didn't come out very good because I am too short and couldn't reach up so was standing on my tippy toes hence too far away to make it a good photo but still a fun photo. Can you see it says "Gregs Trees" LOL. How could we pass that photo op up?

Screen Shot 2018-12-09 at 7.15.45 AM.png

and how's this for editing....black kitty heaven.

Screen Shot 2018-12-09 at 7.15.53 AM.png

Anyway have a Fun Sunday and ho ho ho.:appl::wavey:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-12-09 at 7.15.45 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-09 at 7.15.45 AM.png
    429.1 KB · Views: 15

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, that is a PERFECT photo of you two. That is one to have printed and display...or perhaps a potential holiday card??

The snow is not deep...maybe an inch or two so far, but it is heavy and now really coming down. I don’t know why the phone cannot take photos that show the flakes decending, but they are, the air is blustery and full of blowing white. I love it!!!! ....so far lol

Thank goodness for having a metal detector. Every PSer should have one. Can you imagine...I found my ring on a 12’x24’ floor covered with loose hay. Whew!
B138DD66-A6C6-4EF5-B6D6-0CD35E655300.jpeg
C569EFF2-C1D3-4C36-A224-A151D5AA78E3.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, that is a PERFECT photo of you two. That is one to have printed and display...or perhaps a potential holiday card??

The snow is not deep...maybe an inch or two so far, but it is heavy and now really coming down. I don’t know why the phone cannot take photos that show the flakes decending, but they are, the air is blustery and full of blowing white. I love it!!!! ....so far lol

Thank goodness for having a metal detector. Every PSer should have one. Can you imagine...I found my ring on a 12’x24’ floor covered with loose hay. Whew!
B138DD66-A6C6-4EF5-B6D6-0CD35E655300.jpeg

Oh my gosh what a winter wonderland! LOVE it.:kiss2: And yessss for having a metal detector. Girrrrl you are smart. We do not have one but I will borrow yours if we need it OK? :kiss:

Enjoy the gorgeous snow!!! Wish we were there with you so we could play in the soft powdery snow with you. Enjoy!!!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you ever need the detector I will fly right up. You know I will!
Hopefully you will be more mindful of your bling than I was though lol

Now...what am I supposed to do all day...look at diamonds on the internet????
Gosh I hate that, and being snowed in with ten kinds of treat snacks and a case of black cherry hard cider. I am PREPARED and the only thing missing is a good snowball fight with the NIRDIs.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you ever need the detector I will fly right up. You know I will!
Hopefully you will be more mindful of your bling than I was though lol

Awww thank you and I know! You are the best! Love you girl!

Here's a view of our gritty scenery...not as pretty as yours.:lol:

Screen Shot 2018-12-09 at 7.38.24 AM.png

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is this gritty scene??

I think my snow excitement has abated...as has the snow. Boo.
I don’t see things getting knarly here anytime soon. This Buffalo gal is disappointed. I can just hear Sharon and Marcy...you WANT snow???

Off to the barn SANS bling.

Back. More interesting than I thought...we got almost 7 » of snow, now freezing rain. Real winter!

Last edited:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Phew, thank goodness for the metal detector @Jimmianne , what a disaster that would have been losing your bling. Wow, what are the chances of finding a ring with your initials on, really kismet? :dance: to finding caretakers so you can get to France. Things are pretty disturbing there ATM, but hopefully won’t impact your plans. You know we’re here if you need a stop off either way.

Oh my goodness, how cute are those leggings @missy :lol:, and that hat really suits you. You & Greg look great in the photo, it was a must do. Good for you for keeping the economy going, it’s our civic duty ;-) I’m just about done now, apart from the fresh food.

I’ve never heard of that particular holiday @AV_ sounds like you had fun. Glad you managed a quiet day, it’s good to decompress now and then.

Hope you got everything done you wanted @junebug17 , and are having a lovely day with your DD. There’s so much to do this time of year, it seems never ending, then it’s all over in a flash.

That Marty is such a joker @marcy :lol: He must also have the patience of a saint, going through all those bulbs. I told Colin he’d finally got his wish. Our tree lights play music, and when I plugged them in this year, there was no music, he used to complain about them all the time. Of course this year, he said “oh no, I like the music” :D

I hope you’re recovering well @Sandeek and the pain is bearable. Hopefully you’re now recuperating at home, where it’s peaceful.

Nothing much going on here, we’re just relaxing and enjoying the peace.

Hope all the NIRDIS are having a good weekend :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NiRDI’s1

Jimmianne, I was totally freaking out that you lost your rings; I am SOOOOOOOO glad you found them. I am usually in the holiday spirit but this year is not as strong with the force as usual. I’m working on it though. Beautiful snow pictures; stay safe and warm! It does sound like you are prepared for a day indoors. We stocked up on liquor as well yesterday. Marty got several kinds of whiskey and multiple kinds of wine. I bought a 4 pack of Chardonnay because I open a bottle, drink one glass and then the rest of it goes bad before I have another drink. And yes Sharon and I will pack up some snow and send it your way. My front yard has it stacked up just for you!

Missy, you are right about Costco - they even sell Porsche Macans. Good plan to stick with only lights on the tree with 4 cats. I thought of you when I saw a cat in front of the Christmas tree on FB - it said what the tree looked like before I destroyed it. LOL to Tucker and Killer being creepy - indeed I agree. i am still working on laundry but the end is in sight. That’s nice Greg gets your laundry done so fast. Love the Greg’s trees photos.

Austina, I was thinking the same thing about France for our dear Jimmianne. Kind of scary. Marty does think he is pretty funny. I was thinking about how patient he was going through all of those bulbs multiple times yesterday. I would have been at Lowes buying a new tree long before he finally got it working. Too funny about your lights playing music and Colin misses it now; I wonder if it’s just a fuse or something that can be fixed? When we turn on our light Spock’s voice always comes on from one of our Star Trek ornaments. It is the shuttle craft and says “Shuttle Craft to Enterprise. Happy Holidays. Live long and prosper”.

Sandeek, I hope you are resting and doing okay this weekend.
Kate, I hope you are having a fabulous trip.

We did finish putting the ornaments on the tree. I dug out my Christmas table cloth. Marty went grocery shopping and I’ve been working on laundry.

Have a great day.
Marcy

Here is our tree and our fireplace. I have a Snoopy Village that is on the mantle.
IMG_3940.JPG IMG_3945.JPG

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Close up pano
Mantlea.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, your tree is lovely. I see great minds think alike re:stocking up on essential alcohols. Lol
Thank you very much for your kind offer, but I think you are too generous and should keep your extra snow in case you need it!

Edit...Oh! That’s nice too!
Edit...love the name stockings. Does the one on the right get the coal?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Jimmianne. We are enjoying some Freak Show wine right now.
As a matter of fact Marty has had coal in his stocking. It was a varnished lump of coal but it's the thought that counts.
Fine I'll keep my snow but there's always more where that came from for you.

Marty's scalloped potatoes were awesome! We decided snow the family GTG dinner has dwindled from 18 last year to 10 this year we'd eat one of my mini cheesecakes today. :lol:

AV_

Ideal_Rock

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
68830DD6-E280-459C-8EAD-EB12F84274F2.jpeg Here are the potatoes. I wanted to eat the crusty top off all of it.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday girls!

@marcy yummm to all your photos. Thank you for sharing but now you are making me hungry...hmmm wouldn't mind coming home to delicious baked goods in the mail...just saying... :whistle: :lol:
Love your tree. Nice going getting all the decorations done and it looks beautiful. Warm and homey and inviting and I imagine it all smells divine.
Are you taking off some time around the holidays I hope? Those mini cheesecakes are calling my name and the crust on the top of your potatoes omg...:lickout:

@Jimmianne hope your barn chores went smoothly yesterday and glad you left the rings off. How much snow did you end up getting? I am seeing some areas got massive amounts of snow. Hoping all is going well by you and that you are having a good week. And hope the situation calms down in Paris very soon.

@Austina glad you are relaxing and enjoying some peace and quiet. That is always nice. You might have already said but is the gate fixed? Sorry sometimes it is hard to keep up with and remember everything here but wanted you to know I am thinking of you and hope the repairs have happened or are happening soon. Please hug sweet Dottie from me.

@AV_ any interesting plans coming up this week for you? I agree no news is often good news. And peace can coexist with a fun snowball fight. Why not? Who doesn't enjoy a good snowball fight.
1237374r1ff8z5nm8.gif

@Sandeek hope you had a good weekend and are feeling much better today than a week ago...I imagine relieved is how you are feeling a week out from that scary surgery and healing and recovering more and more as each day passes. Keeping you in my warm thoughts and sending continued healing vibes and hugs your way. (((Hugs))).

@Tekate I know you are not checking in here but just wanted to say hope you are having so much fun on your fabulous trip and looking forward to seeing more great photos. Enjoy!

Yesterday we had a wonderful time. We explored the Williamsburg neighborhood and it was a delight. We probably were the oldest people on the streets there as it is filled with young hipsters (is that the right term still?) and the shops were filled with unique and fun things though I did get sticker shock as wow most everything was quite pricey. How do the young people afford these items? I did buy another hat. :P2 I cannot resist for some reason lol. I must have easily over 30 hats at this point. But still no navy or red hat and I am still looking.

Greg also altered all my new tunic sweaters yesterday AM (thank you very much!) and he is a doll for doing so as they all did not fit but he made them fit perfectly. They are warm and just perfect for this time of year and I got such beautiful colors. Burgundy wine, Teal Blue, Creamy white, Black grey, Gold mustard and so on. Wore the burgundy sweater yesterday with my new jeggings and I have to say I am a new convert to jeans with these leggings. Super comfy and warm and perfect with my OTK boots.

Quick selfie when we got home to show Greg's handiwork (and I put my new hat on too lol).

newtunicandjeggings.jpg.png

Anyway somehow it is Monday again so fast. Hope everyone has a lovely day and is feeling well and staying warm. (((Hugs))).
glasses_hand2.gif

Leaving you with a photo from early this AM of our Kitty "TV". The bistro is open for business...haha...the ferals are so sweet.:love:

Screen Shot 2018-12-10 at 7.51.25 AM.png

1237380ar500lxyn4.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDi's. It's quiet here today.

Missy, I love the crusty tops on casseroles; it's my favorite part of them. Marty likes it too though so I have to share.
Thanks for the kind words about our decorations. I am enjoying having them up and then about December 30th I'll be ready to take them down.
Sweet you started the snowball fight.
How sweet of Greg to alter all of your tunics. Great picture of you; love the hat and your tunic looks perfect. I am glad you are enjoying leggings; they are perfect for this time of year.

Marty stayed up super late last night playing some game on his PS2. He napped so much yesterday he couldn't fall asleep. I kept waking up wondering when he was coming to bed so I didn't sleep well either. He's pretty worn out tonight.
Cool news for Marty - he wrote our local fire department about offering them a free class on strength training and they called him today to set up something in January. He is all excited.
I warmed up some leftover pizza for supper. Our cleaning lady came today so I didn't want to make a mess in the kitchen. I have no idea what Marty will eat but maybe he'll pick up something from Chipolte on the way home from the gym. He was meeting a client tonight. He took my Porsche too - I sent him a text and called him a Putz. :lol:

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, great picture of the kitty bistro. They have their own condo now.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@marcy wow that is great news about the firemen taking Marty up on his offer of a free strength training class. Good deed by Marty for brave men who risk their lives every day to save ours and good exposure for Marty's business too...what a nice thing for him to do and I hope that good will is infectious.:appl:
I love the crusty burnt parts of food too. In fact I always prefer things a bit burned on the sides. More yummy to me that way.:lickout:
Good idea having leftover pizza last night so as not to mess up the kitchen after the cleaning lady has worked her magic. And who doesn't enjoy leftover pizza for dinner? As for Marty taking your Porsche I hope he had your permission...putz indeed.:cheeky:

Hope you are feeling OK today @Sandeek and are sleeping well. Continuing to keep you in my thoughts and send healing vibes and hugs your way. XO.

Lots to do this week as we are heading to the beach in a few days. We have to come back for the Memorial service for our dear friend this Sunday but we will be coming in from the beach probably...easier that way to bring the cats to the beach house before the weekend and head in from there to the city for the service and back to the beach directly. Probably. Still not sure. Anyway lots of things to do and it's always a challenge to remember what I need there and what I need to bring from here. Inevitably I always forget things even with duplicating as much as I can...like all the supplements/meds etc and add the winter weather and there's hats/gloves/scarves/boots etc and while I realize it's not a big deal (re the accessories not the meds) I hate not having all my choices with me but it is what it is. Not looking forward to the memorial service. It's super sad and there are so many people speaking at it that it's going to be a real tear jerker I have no doubt.:(

On an upbeat note my friend sent me this funny cat meme early this morning I am sharing here with you. LOL. It's a nice way to start the day with a hearty laugh.

catcomic.jpg

Have a lovely day girls!:wavey:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Lots to do this week as we are heading to the beach in a few days.

Sounds good to me.

It was good going for a day out with my friend, just because being with her meant no real thinking of work - or anything else, really. If I am merely out in town, it is not enough distraction.

Everyone here seems to be going to the beach anyway!

P

PierreBear

Hi Everyone! Sorry I've been away. Back home from travels but fighting jet lag and trying to catch up work. Also my baking class to study for... hahaha... hope to be back soon and catch up with everyone. I'm alive though! Big hugs to everyone.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

@marcy your tree looks really lovely and the mantel with your Snoopy gathering looks really festive. :lickout: To the potatoes, I love the crispy bits too. What a great idea of Marty’s to offer a session at the fire house, hopefully it’ll lead to some new clients too.

Love the knitted tunics @missy, is there anything Greg can’t do? They’re really cosy and warm, I dug out my fleece lined leggings the other day to wear with mine.

I always think that memorial service bring home the reality that not only has the person gone, but also the opportunity to say your last goodbye surrounded by people who also thought so highly of them and will miss them. When our friend Roger died very suddenly, we found out so much about him at the memorial service. He’d been such a modest man, that he’d never spoken about all his achievements.

Gategate is still ongoing, we can’t get anyone to do the work before February, so it’ll have to wait till we get back from the cruise.

Have you booked your flight yet @Jimmianne ? Are all the wedding plans sorted now?

How’re things with you @AV_?

Sending lots of healing vibes your way @Sandeek I hope you’re feeling better with each passing day.

Went to Pilates this morning, then we nipped into town for a few things. Not really much going on with us this week, just the usual household stuff.

Hope all the NIRDIs are keeping safe and warm :wavey:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Nirdis!

@missy, I agree, trees look beautiful with just the lights. Really cute pic of you and Greg! Going to Williamsburg sounds like fun, so much energy and excitement in the city; makes one feel alive and connected. Love your new tunic sweater! Greg did a wonderful job. And how fun to have it in all those pretty colors. Bubbalah is showing up quite nicely in the pic too :love: Aw, such a sweet pic of the ferals, you and Greg take such good care of them. Nice that you are getting away to the beach! That's such a cute cat meme - what is it with cats and laptop keyboards? Zoe tries to sit on my ipad keyboard and she can't even fit on it!

Sending you support and strength on going to the memorial, I know it will be hard for you - hopefully being surrounded by others who loved your friend will bring you some comfort. (((HUGS)))

@marcy, I love your Christmas decorations, and you have such a lovely home. I finally finished my decorating yesterday. Next year I have to start sooner...before you know it I'll be taking them down. Nice that Marty is giving a free class to the firefighters; it's a nice thing to do for them, and maybe he'll pick up some clients. Your potatoes look delicious. I love the crusty parts too. Wow, good for Marty for finding the problem bulbs, that's patience! Our tree is pre-lit and I noticed some bulbs are broken :wall: but at least the other lights are on. LOL to Mission Unlikely! I have decided to keep the band, I'd miss it if I sent it back so I figure that means I like it!

@Jimmianne, wow, thank goodness you had a metal detector and were able to find your rings! You make a strong argument for everyone to have a metal detector on hand haha. Your pics of the snow are lovely. You must be gearing up for your trip, I hope the preparations are going well.

@av, I am so glad you had a good time with your friend, and you were able to forget about work and stressful things for a while. I think it's so important for our mental well-being to take a vacation from our worries.

Hi @PierreBear! Welcome home, and I hope you're over your jetlag soon. It's terrible. Good luck getting back into the swing of things, it takes a while to get adjusted after being away!

@Austina, too bad you can't find anyone to do the work on the gate sooner, but it will get taken care of eventually. I didn't know you had an upcoming cruise, exciting! How great to get away during the cold and dreary winter months.

@Sandeek, thinking of you and hope you are feeling a bit better with each passing day. <3

Not too much going on here...went to a yoga class today, not my favorite but I did my best - very wobbly though, kinda discouraging! The instructor was very good, I'm really pleased with the quality of the teachers at this gym. I have a few appointments to make that I've been putting off and I'm determined to make them today. I have some gifts to wrap and a few errands to run too. Going to try not to putz around too much today and get something done lol.

A pic of the side view of the ring - I like how low it is, very easy to wear
4C4B5220-B271-4917-AC03-CA8D11A500BF.jpeg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PBear! Welcome back! Jetlag and study? what a combination.

June, I’m so happy for you, as you are enjoying your beautiful band. So neat that we get to share.
Um.m.m....when’s my turn??? :twisted2:

Hi Austina, I will be headed “your way” on Friday. I sold a ring to a lovely PSer who lives in The UK and will be mailing it from France. I feel a warm connection to the UK as many of my friends in France are from there. Someday when I have my visa and am staying longer I hope to be able to have a get together with you.
The wedding plans are a little off my radar, but I am sure when I get there it will be a topic of conversation. His family is doing 99% of the planning and I occasionally write a check when prompted. It is certainly not the way I thought at first it would be, but I don’t mind a bit watching from the side. My life is complicated enough without planning a wedding from 4500 miles away. I’m just happy they love her, and he loves her. But if there are grandbabies they are MINE lol.
Gategate, good lord this has been going on and on. Won’t you be just so happy when you pop the champagne for Partygategate.

Last edited:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs! :wavey:I’m still here. I didn’t want to not respond, but there’s been some unexpected complications and I’m struggling a bit more than I anticipated but I really wanted to send hugs to you all. I can and will get through I know, just having a little pity party. :oops2:
I just wanted you all to know I appreciate the continued thoughts, prayers and hugs! :kiss2: I’ll be back!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Missy, I totally admire and have nothing but respect for fireman; brave souls for sure. I hope the class works out great for them and Marty.
I always go for the crusty spots on top of things; another thing we have in common.
Yes, Marty did ask if he could take me car. He revved it up when he left and when he came back. I was giving him grief this morning he probably ruined my car.
I hope the memorial service for your friend brings you some peace; I like when people share good or funny memories. It’s sad and comforting at the same time.
Love the cat meme; he has the perfect look on his face too.

AV, I am glad you enjoyed the day out with your friend.

Pierrebear, welcome back! I bet the time difference will take a while to adjust. Good luck with your baking class.

Austina, thank you for the kind words about our Christmas decorations. That makes 3 of us who like the crusty parts on top of something out of the oven. It’s the best. I am hoping Marty picks up a few firemen as clients; that would be good for referrals too. I am sorry you lost your friend Roger. Both Marty and I lost our best friends (now 12 and 19 years ago) and know it is so hard. Memorial services really can help say goodbye.

Junebug, thank for you the compliments of our house and decorations. I am glad you got your decorations put up and yes we’ll be taking them down before we know it. I get tired of them about January 1st. That puts it up to 4 of us like the crusty part. it is the best. I hope the fireman class works out for Marty; I think it’s a great idea for him to pursue. I am delighted to hear you are keeping your pretty band. It looks fabulous on you. I occasionally want a 5 stone ring with either sapphires or emeralds mixed in with the diamonds. I hope you got your prorjects and errands done today.

Jimmianne, how is the snow there? That would be fun to visit Austina. I don’t think I could handle the Chunnel; I am so claustrophobic. I agree planning a wedding from afar would be challenging and you are so right the important thing is her fiancé and his family love your DD. i totally chuckled that if there are grand babies they are yours.

Sandeek, oh no that you are having complications. I hope they get that cleared up right away and you are on the path to mending and this being an unpleasant memory.

I got a good report card at the dentist this morning. No cavities and no X-rays. Sweet. The dental hygienist and I talk to much it takes longer to get my teeth cleaned but I really like her. We always mean to meet for lunch but never seem to have the time.
I stopped at the bank on the way to work and got in the office by 9.
Marty made tacos for us for supper. Leftovers for lunch now too.

Take care.
Marcy

AV_

Ideal_Rock
To NIRDIs concerned:

Difficult to tell what happened today: I had a meeting planned - with one person, I got this warm welcome from more than one instead.

A few months worth of work got plotted - a 'plot' oddly coinciding with arguments I built up over a few years, out of I do not care to admit how much floundaring around libraries & labs...

Still need time off. Sleeping makes me tired! I'm the dictionary entry for 'overwhelmed'.

_

Later today, I have also gotten quotes for a coupple of houses I am delighted with - and received shocking news (so LOW... the kind of 'do I need two of these?' low). I am certainly looking for options of the same kind. I had asked in jest...

Drawing the line: all of this is exactly the kind of delusion I want for Christmas!

_

... @marcy - I so do not dare pass by the dentist. On the 'To Do' list nonetheless... There is work to do & I have a hard time with anesthetics: everything puts me down - for laughing out loud .( I must be really busted!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sandeek. Sending you {{{powerfully strong healing vibes))) this morning. <3 <3 <3

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results