shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

AV_

Ideal_Rock
You have me laughing crazy at 04:54 am! Thank you very much indeed @marcy (got up on account of a neighbour's rooster making a riot... & back to :sleep:)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@junebug17 hope your dh is feeling much better today and that you had a good night's sleep and wake feeling strong and refreshed.

@Tekate safe travels Kate the great and may you enjoy an adventure of a lifetime. Have fun.:appl:Thank you for all your wonderful glittery good wishes and same to you. And you are a special to us as well. Know that. And we will miss you while you are away but so glad you are getting this travel opportunity. Don't forget we want pics.:kiss: (((Hugs))).

@Sandeek just checking in with you and letting you know we are all thinking of you and sending continued healing vibes your way. Glad you have your family there to care for you and take care of you and the NIRDIs are here for you. (((Hugs))).

@marcy LOL love that shampoo pic. That explains it.:lol:
Yes I agree they don't easily let one off jury duty anymore. Darn. OK well you did your time and you are done for at least a good number of years.
And at least it made you appreciate work that much more lol. :wink2: Hello freedom.

@AV_ it's Wednesday. Are you planning an adventure?

Greg fixed the cat door issue very easily yesterday morning and secured it from the raccoons hopefully a bit better. Fingers crossed. It is still dark while I am writing this wow. Days getting shorter for another 2 weeks but then we begin the ascent into longer days woohoo.

And some excellent news. IDK if you guys remember I tried to set up a good girlfriend of mine (who is near 50) with a new friend we just met cycling this summer and finally she agreed and she spoke with him for a few hours the other night and they are both very excited to meet each other yay!!! He sent me a long message thanking me saying how much they have in common and how thankful he is I thought of him and she called me and let me know how well the conversation went. So fingers crossed for them too. Wouldn't it be amazing if this led to something amazing? :kiss2:

Have a Wonderful Wednesday girls! And (((hugs))).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bwahaha here she is levitating again despite the early hour....HRH acting quite spooky this morning.
brmstick.gif

frankielevitatinginkitchen.jpg.png

oh and just found a few holiday emoticons...fun.:sun:

icon_hanukka.gif
wreath01.gif
christmas%20smiley.gif
festivecheer.gif
Godblessusalleveryone.gif
santinana.gif

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@AV_ it's Wednesday. Are you planning an adventure?

Days getting shorter for another 2 weeks but then we begin the ascent into longer days woohoo.

Good guess... (then again, you do know me rather well ,). I am up to the ears in paper, answering letters & sending some more - for what looks like a small academic convention circling around my stuff. The more organized the pile gets, the less it weighs on me...

Tomorrow is a holiday I wish to keep: small gifts & fish-eating are prescribed. I fully intend to get all done: correspondence & a properly fun walk ending with a gift bag (tea & parafernalia, methinks) & fish tapas (locals salt, dry & smoke fish & roe so well!)

It so happens that last night I have finally brought myself tovisit The landmark nearest to my place - an 1800's large farm house, restored for no obvious purpose: it was already dark, and I just wondered in & had a nice chat with a curator as reluctant to leave as I was. Will be back, for sure, at picture-taking time.

Nice to think about shortening nights in the near future!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

So glad you to hear you got through the surgery @Sandeek, and I hope you’re feeling a little better today and maybe out of ICU. Please take it easy and don’t expect too much of yourself. Your body has been through quite a trauma and will take time to heal.

That’s really sad @marcy, I hope for the children’s sake, their stepmum can keep them together. I’m afraid I don’t feel any sympathy for their mother, 6 DUI’s, what an irresponsible woman, goodness only knows what havoc she could have caused driving whilst under the influence. I don’t think you get your salary cut here when you’re called for jury duty. You do get some kind of compensation, I think for travel expenses and food, but your employer isn’t allowed to stop your pay. It comes to something when you’re looking forward to getting back to work :lol:

Have a fantastic trip @Tekate, we’ll all still be here when you get back, looking forward to your tales. Wow, if you do move to Austin, then we will definitely get together sooner rather than later. Do you have a time frame for the move?

Sorry your DH is still feeling rough @junebug17, I don’t think these dark days help much, and I definitely feel more tired in the winter. It feels like it’s been dark here most of the day it’s been so dank.

Sounds like the rest over the weekend was just what you needed @AV_ Have you had any more thoughts about making your marmalade?:D

Glad Greg got the kitty feeder fixed @missy, he’s such a handy man to have around. How fun to get your friends together, it must be really difficult to meet people when you get to a certain age. I wouldn’t even know where to start, and hope I never have to. What a sweet ring your niece has.

We watched a programme about the Lockerbie disaster, do you remember that, PanAm 103? It was 30 years ago now, time really does fly. It particularly stuck in my memory, because that same year, we flew to Orlando on that plane, Clipper Maid of the Seas. It just goes to prove, that when your time’s up, it’s up. Kim Catrrall and the Four Tops were due to be on that flight, but changed their plans last minute.

We haven’t done much, just catching up with household things because we were out all weekend. Damp and dreary here, and soooo dark. I’ll be glad when the days start getting longer.

I’ve finished putting out the decorations and wrapped the presents, cards all written ready for posting, so I’m on top of things.

:wavey:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Austina Yes, indeed! - regarding the weekend of nothing. Dare I say it is possible to disconnect from work, now that much of it is well on its way to the right mailboxes.
There is now this whole plot for spending a day with a local friend making something good (likely jam) after a round of herb hunting down a little river gorge nearby; the day remains to be set after St Nick, sure enough - her house is full of cousins & nieces now.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs. Well, it’s done, thank goodness. I have been most uncomfortable though. It’s disheartening and difficult to have two surgical sites. I’m praying to be released tomorrow. Sleeping in a hospital is not easy at all. In fact, it’s actually quite maddening to have just fallen asleep only to have a nurse come bursting in lights a blazing, “Hello Mrs Sandeek, time for ....” What?! You had me captive all day and you need to draw blood at 11pm? Seriously disappointing.
I have a beautiful view of Manhattan though and have been enjoying the sunsets. It’s the little things.
I’m getting around with the walker. Quite amazing how they can just remove the fibula bone and use it for my jaw!
I cannot thank you enough for the thoughts and dust. You have all put a smile on my face, a crooked one, but it is there all the same. You ladies rock and I’m forever grateful for you all! I have to go back to read what has been happening in your lives.
((Hugs)) and :kiss2: to a wonderful group of ladies!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
26BD706B-73FB-459A-A202-62792519B662.jpeg
Oh, here’s my view and my food(?) Yuck. Gross! And they will complain I’m too thin and need to eat. Bring something palpable and I would.
The beautiful sunset last night.
EE0FF312-417B-450C-A243-54CBD5824145.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@Sandeek it's so great to hear from you and I am glad you are coming along and doing as well as to be expected. That is a major operation you had and it will take lots of time to fully recover but you are a champ! Lovely view from your room there and yes that food is not appetizing at all. I hope you get released from the hospital soon. I remember being waken up just as I fell asleep there for blood and other tests. Who knows why they do that. Sending you continued healing vibes and gentle hugs. Thank you for checking in with us. ((((HUGS)))).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hope everyone has a lovely Thursday.

@Austina I do remember the Lockerbie disaster. It does seem like not that long ago. Cannot believe it's been over 30 years now.
Good for you being on top of decorations and cards etc. Way to go. Hope the weather is clearing up for you and yes to longer days. Soon enough. Woohoo.

@AV_ hope you enjoyed some kind of adventure yesterday. What holiday is it today for you? An 1800s large farmhouse sounds romantic. Would love to see any photos you have to share. Enjoy your fish tapas and gifts today. Any of those gifts bling related? ;-)

Feral feeder working...door open early this AM...check!

kittiesinferalfeederdec2018.jpg

Have a lovely day ladies!

Leaving you with a cute cartoon speaking of fish...

petdiner.png

and kitties

catcartoon.jpg

Nice way to start the day with a hearty laugh. Enjoy!

And for @Sandeek

Screen Shot 2018-12-06 at 8.01.12 AM.png

Last edited:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sandeek, so happy to hear that all went well.
My sympathies about being awakened in the hospital. There was just an article about that in the news, how is is so counterproductive to healing. The sooner you can get home, the better. Fingers crossed!
When do you get to eat FOOD???

Last edited:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
yay for the Kitty Door, Missy. That is very clever. The Kitty man is very clever, I will say : )

I am waiting for news that my dd has found someone to take care of her airbnb so I can go to visit her for Christmas.
Meanwhile I am continuing the major « organize and toss ». The mice seem to have gone (!)
Not very exciting, but it keeps me going in prepartion for a potential move, or at least a long term trip away from home!
No word from DK yet about Mildred’s new setting.
I sold two rings and both sales were happy. I have met some very nice PSers from across the world. One ring is going to England, but we cannot figure out how to ship it without taxes and fees, so I may mail it from France, and she is happy to wait.
The other sale seemed straightforward, but then the ring disappeared into the postal aystem and is a week late to arrive. We have our fingers crossed. I would not be as patient as she has been!
Snow predicted for the weekend. Psyched!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Jimmianne
yay to mice being gone (long may that continue to be the case fingers crossed) and everything being organized. Can I borrow you please?:cheeky:

yay to selling 2 of your gorgeous but unloved now to be loved rings. Sweet.

Boo to USPS for another delay. They are impossible. Glad your buyer is remaining patient. It will show up at the buyer's house but yes it is a nail biter while waiting.

Anxiously waiting for Mildred's new setting. Living vicariously through you right now re bling setting.

yay for snow if that is what you wish for. I wish that for you as well.

And lastly all my fingers and toes crossed that someone is found to take care of your DD's airbnb so you can visit her for the holidays.

snoopysnow.gif

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning Nirdis!

@missy, so glad Greg was able to fix the door. Very sad your friend was in poor health and didn't realize it. The ring you bought your niece is so cute! How exciting that your two friends are going to get together! It would be so great if they hit it off. :dance:Love that Snoopy gif! That's what you call it, right? I'm so insecure about using technical terms! :D

@Sandeek, thank you for checking in and I'm so glad the surgery went ok and everything is going as well as can be expected! You must be so relieved to have it behind you. I really hope you can go home soon. Please take care and go easy on yourself.

@Tekate, wishing you safe travels! Sending you love and looking forward to hearing about your trip when you get the chance!

@marcy, the shampoo thing is very funny! And lol to feeling so free at work. I hope the kids can stay with their stepmother, what a hard time they've been through.

@av, enjoy your holiday, and the gifts and delicious food too! And enjoy your time with your friend. The farmhouse sounds so picturesque and quaint. I love visiting old buildings.

@Austina, good for you for being so on top of things! I really need to get going on decorating and wrapping presents. I did a little and then lost all motivation, ugh. I do remember the Lockerbie tragedy, interesting how certain events stay with one for many years.

Jimmianne, I hope things work out and you can join your dd for the holidays. Congrats on your sales and I hope the buyer receives her ring soon.

I ended up visiting my brother yesterday...if I'm being honest, I didn't really feel quite up to it but it was a good day for him. And once I was there I was fine, which is how these things usually go I guess. Sometimes it's the getting there that's the hard part lol. Today I'm determined to finish getting up the Christmas decorations. DD is staying overnight this Friday, so looking forward to that.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh forgot to post some new bling! Saw this on the Costco website, and on sale...platinum, 7 stone band 1.25 ctw - so very close to 18 points each. I was considering an eternity, but the stones would be smaller and I would worry about damaging diamonds on the bottom. I think my favorite thing is the setting - it's very low and I love the prong work.

This is a Christmas present but I've been giving it a test run to see if it's a keeper lol! I'm loving it so far, so unless I find something that really grabs me bewtween now and Xmas I'll keep it.
5DA1CB5B-9DF5-4A7A-8436-7464AFD3A7B6.jpeg 6E9432BA-84F6-4E18-898B-827E23D07ADE.jpeg

ETA so sorry these pics are ridiculously big! Tried resizing and it didn't help!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh forgot to post some new bling! Saw this on the Costco website, and on sale...platinum, 7 stone band 1.25 ctw - so very close to 18 points each. I was considering an eternity, but the stones would be smaller and I would worry about damaging diamonds on the bottom. I think my favorite thing is the setting - it's very low and I love the prong work.

This is a Christmas present but I've been giving it a test run to see if it's a keeper lol! I'm loving it so far, so unless I find something that really grabs me bewtween now and Xmas I'll keep it.
5DA1CB5B-9DF5-4A7A-8436-7464AFD3A7B6.jpeg 6E9432BA-84F6-4E18-898B-827E23D07ADE.jpeg

ETA so sorry these pics are ridiculously big! Tried resizing and it didn't help!

im%20in%20luuuurve.gif
LOVE!!! That's a very happy Christmas gift indeed.
im%20in%20luuuurve.gif

LOL look at what Greg just sent me.

DtcrZNPXQAI8e-_.jpg

That's a christmas kitty if I ever saw one.:lol:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

So glad to hear you’re doing ok @Sandeek, I’m not surprised you’re feeling sore, that’s major surgery you’ve had. Sounds pretty typical of the hospital regime, nag you for not resting, and as soon as you fall asleep, they come and wake you up! I’m sure you’ll be very glad to get home and relax. Take care.

:love: @junebug17, that’s gorgeous, and I’m with you about half eternity rings. I damaged a full eternity in the past, and can’t wear my rainbow sapphire full eternity because my finger has got bigger. Costco have some lovely things, it’s beautiful and really suits your hand.

Fingers crossed you find someone to take care of your daughter’s place @Jimmianne, then you’ll be heading back across the atlantic. Good news the mice have found alternative accommodation, and well done on decluttering and selling 2 of your rings.

:lol: Love the kitty cartoons, @missy and the picture that Greg sent. When are your friends getting together, I really hope they hit it off and it develops in to something more.

Not much going on here, we went and did our food shopping today, started stocking up on the non perishables for Christmas so it’s not a big rush nearer the day.

I ordered a pair of earring mounts from China, and I got a card yesterday saying they couldn’t be delivered until I pay the duty. I’ve looked up the duty tarriffs, and they were below the value of payable duty, and on top of that, the Post Office have added on a huge handling fee :x2

Hope all the other NIRDIs are well :wavey:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Sandeek - you got me scared just mentioning what they did to you! Too much to bear anywhere far from home.

I sure do feel that there is too much adventure in my life, but my bones are still holding on where they grew...

-
TBC - will catch up with all else! (St Nicholas is keeping me bussy today - it is that day in the calendar)

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@junebug17
Thanks for keeping up with my NIRDI-ing!

@AV_ hope you enjoyed some kind of adventure yesterday. What holiday is it today for you? An 1800s large farmhouse sounds romantic. Would love to see any photos you have to share. Enjoy your fish tapas and gifts today. Any of those gifts bling related?

Holiday: St Nicholas

Fish: I ended up going for one dish I never get right - grilled squid, & various clams I cannot name in any language. A horde of cats would get bezerk in the respective fish & seafood bar - called Los Diamantes - ironically...

Gifts: I had not realized that NOTHING will be open this afternoon, because of the Holiday; certainly not the small shops I wanted to go to. In any case, I had intended to get some goodies and random small gifts due next week, not that I would mind gifting diamonds some year!

On another hand, I would not mind a rough diamond ring; might need one to stirr things right (www) ,)

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I am continuing the major « organize and toss ». The mice seem to have gone (!)
Not very exciting, but it keeps me going in prepartion for a potential move, or at least a long term trip away from home!

This really is the best way to de-mice - convince them to leave !? =)2 Funny & good for you.

Are you moving? (not that I have a good reason to be asking). I so dread any chance of not settling for good, I haven't packed the summer stuff...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

AV, I am glad I started your day with a good laugh. Darn those roosters. I hope you enjoyed your holiday.

Missy, I got a text today from jury duty saying I’d been excused from jury duty for 12 months. I’m saving that text. Tomorrow is our earliest sunset; I don’t like driving home in the dark. Hopefully the feral feeder door works. I hope your friends do hit it off; that would be great. Bwhahahahaha that HRH levitates. Great kitty cartoons. i love the Snoopy snow gif. And ha ha to the Christmas kitty.

Austina, I don’t feel sorry for that lady either; I feel sorry for her kids. I hope they find happiness, security and stability with their stepmom. I do remember the Lockerbie disaster; just awful. Good deal getting your decorations out and presents wrapped. You are doing better than me. Darn that you have to pay duty fees to get your earrings.

Sandeck, i hope you are feeling better and will get released tomorrow. It is very noisy in the hospital; it is crazy they wake you up to check your vitals and things like that. I’m sleeping here! You do have a great view and how nice to enjoy pretty sunsets.

Jimmianne, I think hospitals make it very hard for you to rest. I hope you get to go visit your DD for Christmas. Good for you organizing and tossing things. I need to fill another bag of stuff this weekend to throw out. I am on a mission now. Lighten the load of my back spare bedroom. That’s great you sold 2 of your bands; it sounds like they are going to good homes. Stay safe and warm from the snow.

Junebug, I keep thinking about those girls from the trial. Pretty sad what they went through. I am glad you got to visit your brother. Nice that you had DD come to visit. Did you get your decorations put up? Beautiful ring. That will be a nice Christmas gift. I keep thinking I want a 5 stone ring but with sapphires or rubies mixed in.

It was 2 degrees out when I came home. Way too cold for me. We got 4 inches of snow last night. Enough of this stuff. Of course we still have our annual subzero weather coming at some point. Ugh.

I spent my lunch today writing notes in Christmas cards. Our company is taking Christmas cards to the local retirement and life care centers. It was kind of fun and broke up the monotony of the day.

Marty comes home tomorrow morning; he told me to get rid of the white stuff before he gets here. I don’t think that is going to happen.

Take care.
Marcy

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
June, that band is eye poppingly beautiful. Congratulations, and continued « test driving » until Christmas! I suggest finding a designated driver until you get used to wearing it in the car.

Missy, thanks. yesterday Mildred told me her real name is Mischief and I thought...oh no..another impossibly demanding stone like Ish (the small asscher I was selling and decided to keep). Ish has been in two settings and did not like either of them, now Mildred is making mischief with DK.

Austina, ugh to paying duty and not fair what they did. It’s ridiculous. I feel your pain.

Marcy...they only give you 12 months off for good behavior?! Seems there are enough people in the world that each one gets just one tour of jury duty per lifetime.
Two degrees?!!!!! Marcy, you and the strongman have a place here whenever you need to warm up.

AV, mice do not leave without a fuss. They felt this was their home as much as mine. Lol. Happy Holiday to you! xx

I found all the people I need to take over my responsibilites for the holiday. Now that I CAN go, I am like...do I have to get off my rear end and travel??? Lol

Verrry happy this morning. I’ve been looking at repousse rings on ebay and etsy for ages, hoping to find a pattern to send DK for Mildred’s ring. And last night I came across a ring I loved and...tada...it has my initials on it. I offered half the price and they accepted it! I was quite surprised, and what fun.

E1E082D0-0DDC-4E67-A79F-D6093FBD83DA.jpeg 1D73FF50-DE61-4C6C-ABD6-85E3164833DA.jpeg
EEE9A20D-06F0-4A8A-9271-B0347D1D21D7.jpeg

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@junebug17 glad you got to visit your brother and you are a good sister for doing so when you weren't in the mood so much. Yes it's called a GIF and I love happy ones like that. Thanks for enjoying it. Good luck with the Christmas decorations and woohoo to your DD staying this weekend. Sweet. And speaking of sweet I love your new band and it looks beautiful on you. If you feel like more bling shopping (for comparison sake) remember I am always willing to go to the Estate jewelry shop we have been to before. Any time. Just saying...:bigsmile:

@marcy only 12 months? What??? OMG that is unbelievable. My only guess is it's because you don't have a high population density in your district? I mean I think we have at least a 4 year reprieve...and I am with @Jimmianne as some people seem to never have jury duty. I wonder if they get us because we vote. Voting is bad.:P2 JK! But 12 months is ludicrous. Let's hope you get at least 5 times that if not more. I knew you would enjoy the Snoopy cartoon and that is why I shared it. Snoopy is a doll. Yes it is still dark now as I am typing to you. But soon enough days will be getting longer and I am very much looking forward to that.

@Austina Not sure when they are getting together. J left it to M to decide on a good day because she often works weekends and they are long distance as he is in NJ and she is in NY. It won't be easy. And I am (as per Greg's suggestion) staying out of it as much as I can because they have to be on their own now and I do not want to meddle. It took some doing on my part to get M to this point and now I am staying out of it unless she needs my help. (Not to be confused with my other M friend lol...I have a few friends whose names begin with M what can I say). Glad you got chores accomplished and smart stocking up on non perishables. Any updates re gate replacement?

@Jimmianne love that galley so lovely...delicious ring at a delicious price...congrats. And an even bigger congrats on finding all the people you need to take over your chores and duties so you can enjoy un très joyeux noël en France. Hahaha Mildred aka Mischief. :lol: DK can handle her...and Bubbalah is looking forward to getting into trouble with her too a la I Love Lucy trouble. 8)

@AV_ I am not familiar with that holiday. Can you give me some background about it? And ooh yes to gifting diamonds...you have my full attention.:sun:

@Sandeek hope with each day you are feeling stronger and better and hope you are home from the hospital now and resting comfortably. Thinking of you and sending continued healing vibes and gentle and warm (((Hugs))).
742469s3709nw4fb.gif

@Tekate by now you are in Budapest and hope you had a good flight and are enjoying the first day of your trip. Have a wonderful time!

@rainwood have a wonderful weekend!

and a big hello to everyone else I care dearly about and you know who you are. XO.

Well the days are speeding along at a dizzyingly fast rate...I cannot believe it is already Friday.
1237372v4er6kso38.gif

I am continuing to do my part for the economy and consumerism...each day I am purchasing more things. I cannot resist a good sale. OMG I saved over $300 yesterday on one item by purchasing it on sale and using Ebates cash back. I am a savvy shopper. And yes it is true I am spending lots to save lots but it's all good.:whistle:

Have a fabulous Friday girls and keep reaching for the stars.
1618626e2tat6mv78.gif

And hahaha leaving you with a funny meme. :lol:

Screen Shot 2018-12-07 at 6.51.25 AM.png

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Jimmianne Oh, love the ring! So beautifully made.

@missy San Nicholas is an old enough saint to be celebrated by both Orthodox and Catholics. In some East-ward places, this is The kids' day more so than Christmas - I'd say there is wisdom in gifting distractions early, so Christmas remains for grown-up pursuits. I believe this is not the case here, however Granada shuts down completely: neverind business, there was no traffic mid-day yesterday. This is more or less a four-day weekend. The last two years I was out of town, so I did not realize just how seriously the break is taken. Sent gifts, if not diamonds (TBD). Tomorrow I am off for a day of hill walking: the weather is too nice to pass - a bright spring, up to 20ºC at mid-day. If the top of the mountains were not all-white, I would forget it is 'winter'.

TBC

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Jimmianne, it sounds like all you have to do now is book a flight and pack. Sweet. Oh no for Mischief causing problem with DK. Hopefully things get settled down and your ring turns out perfect. Yes, they only give you 12 months off for good behavior and of course I’d be stretching the truth to say that’s me. Like I always tell Santa; I’m not going to let him assess if I’ve been naughty or nice; I’ll buy my own stuff. How cool to find a ring with your initials. It was meant to be.

Missy, our state claims they don’t get their juror list from just voting registration. I hear about people who get called all the time. Yay for doing a lot of shopping and saving money. So you use ebates? I have thought of checking in to that. I seem to be ordering stuff almost daily this month. Love the reach for the stars emoti; it’s my favorite. Love the cats at home and on FB. That is so true. I saw one today of the cat in front of the Christmas tree and it say - me with the tree right before I destroyed it.

AV, sounds like a serious holiday and how nice to get a long weekend.

I tried to sleep in today but of course one of my employees texted me they weren’t coming to work today. I so wish they’d think and text my boss when I’m off; oh well.

I got both Christmas M&M cookies and mini cheesecakes baked today. 2 down and 2 to go for Christmas desserts. I am putting Marty in charge of all of the food for our family dinner.

Marty got home about noon today. I have a good friend who works from home so I told her she should come over and work here today. She came over at 2, brought us all sandwiches and then we played cards. It was fun.

Have a fabulous weekend.
Marcy

Reactions: AV_

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@AV_ thanks for the explanation re the holiday. Sounds lovely and also a wise idea so the adults can enjoy after the children have already had their fun. And who doesn't love a 4 day weekend.:sun: Speaking of weekends do you have anything planned for this weekend?

@marcy ugh to your employee waking you up when you are not even going in to work that day. Sigh. Your christmas goodies look so good. YOu're killing me with all the yummy photos on FB. I want and need some of those amazing baked goods. :lickout: Smart to put Marty in charge of the food and you are in charge of the baked goods. Leave those killer bunnies out of the food prep or you won't end up with any lol.Yay for Marty being back home and for enjoying a fun day with your friend and him playing cards. That's sweet. I love playing cards. Greg says I am competitive. LOL well what's the point if you don't have goals right? :lol:

@Jimmianne I was sad to hear about the riots they are having in Paris. It's always something somewhere. Hopefully it will all be calmed down before your trip and I don't even think you are going near Paris but cannot remember which airport you fly into...anyway thinking of you and hoping you have a lovely weekend.

We had a long walk to whole foods yesterday (my idea instead of driving but omg it was cold) and then on the way back we visited some of the neighborhood kitties haha. Like flies to honey we are.:lol:

Since it is Caturday Saturday it is appropriate to share these photos from yesterday with you ladies. Hope you enjoy. Twix is a parrot trapped in a kitty's body hahaha.

Screen Shot 2018-12-08 at 7.11.57 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-08 at 7.12.53 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-08 at 7.13.04 AM.png

Oh Twix and Pearl are so full of love and mischief. Love them!

Have a wonderful Saturday girls and hugs.

Reactions: AV_

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good Morning Missy and NIRDI's! I hope you are having a fabulous day.

Missy, I love your philosophy on being competitive; I'm usually not competitive at games but I lost both yesterday and the last time we played cribbage. My lucky horse shoe must be missing.
I am glad you had a nice long walk yesterday and got to visit the neighborhood kitties. What a fun day for you.

Not much going on so far today. Marty is doing his strength training. I cleared my dust collectors off the mantel and moved them in to the den to collect dust there. I am putting my Christmas Snoopy Village on the mantel this year. I may as well get started on laundry since Marty has to haul all of our decorations upstairs. We are "trapped" in our house because it's sunny and once the sun starts shining on our garage door sensors it won't close. Marty is going to look in to realigning them. This didn't happen 6 years ago when we moved in here and I know the Sun haven't moved.

Laters,
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ever get the feeling someone is watching you take a shower? This is what I found in our dressing room this morning.

upload_2018-12-8_10-49-17.png

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@marcy Any idea who delegated those two to stare !? =)2

@missy, thanks for asking. I had a long & good & work-free Saturday, and oh how I want to find myself sending out letters tomorrow (some work, some greetings). I wish my dear screen would work well in the sun - one of a few things that paper still does much better (taking on scribbling is the other - I sure don't think in neat type-able rows! ... my notes - are terrifyingly zigzagingly o_O)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a quick check in on this cold Saturday...

@Sandeek I am thinking of you and hoping you are feeling better each day. For this Caturday Saturday so close to the holidays I am wearing my new kitty leggings and wanted to share with you and hope they make you smile...Cat Paws Santa leggings :kiss:

missycatleggings.jpeg.png

Hope everyone is having a pawsitively wonderful Caturday Saturday and I will be back tomorrow...hugs.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results