shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ain’t not indeed, AV! I love that phrase. I am happy that you are here.

PBear, what an exciting trip. I hope you take a lot of photos for us so we can live vicariously.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM Girls!

@AV_ my impression so far of using the iPad Pro 12.9 for one day...LOVE it. It's light and easy to use but remember I have large hands. I can see someone with smaller hands not being able to easily hold and type on it. I used it yesterday while working out on my elliptical and was able to type while exercising (during my warm up and cooling down phases...not while working out during the heart of my workout of course) and it is a winner for me. So far. The case just arrived and it is pretty so will use it with the case today and see if it is less slippery. Which I believe it will be. And the back of the case is clear so woohoo the light silver color of the iPad shows through. Pleased as punch. Haha where did that saying originate? Why is punch pleased? :lol:

Aww thanks but I might be aware of detail (though not to the extent of let's say our dear NIRDI LLJsmom or the other dear NIRDIs here) but I truly am challenged visualizing things.

I used to enjoy the poetry readings in the pubs so much and I also enjoyed sing alongs at piano bars. I do not know your age or where you were born/live now but when I was in my twenties (maybe 30s too cannot remember lol so old) we used to enjoy piano bars and singing songs like "Those were the days my friend we thought they'd never end" Very catchy tunes. It was so much fun. I don't know if those exist anymore...though I am hoping and guessing they do.

How amazing you get to see pearls that the mere consumer never lays eyes on....would love to see that. Maybe not as pretty as ones with nacre or maybe even more beautiful. Just not suitable for jewelry perhaps.

Love that Romanian saying...never heard of it before and thank you for sharing it with us. Wise words indeed.

And yes I might be biased but I agree completely..."NIRDIville is a great place to be" and NIRDIs are great to hang out with IMO.:cool2::kiss2::sun: I am happy you are here too.

@PierreBear may I echo @Jimmianne's sentiment about what an exciting upcoming trip you are about to enjoy. As well as her request for photos. Pretty please. I bet you will see some gorgeous scenery. Hope packing goes easily. That is one of the hardest parts (for me) of traveling. Deciding what I am going to bring. Haha. But in my defense I pack super light so that is why it is challenging. I only want to bring exactly what I will wear and always just take carryon luggage. Good luck and hope you have a fantastic trip. Enjoy your friendsgiving this weekend.

@Austina woohoo on the full settlement. So pleased for you. And hope Colin is feeling better today and healing well. I am supposed to see my derm Tuesday where he might want to biopsy what he thinks is a suspicious (have had it for years but it is now constant and increasing in size) mark on my face. But I am going to have to put it off for a few months. Too much going on these next few months with the holidays and all. I am a slow healer. He didn't make it seem like an emergency or anything so hopefully canceling the next 2 appointments is OK. Anyway I digress (as usual) and hope you and Colin enjoy a lovely weekend and celebrate your insurance win. You were patient and it paid off. :appl:

@Jimmianne sending more good thoughts and hugs your way and hope the mice problem is getting resolved. And while you threw out lots at least now you can start with an organized and clean slate...I really need to take a page from your book because while I did start cleaning up and donating lots of stuff to charities I have a long way to go and now that we are not hosting thanksgiving I am definitely slacking as there is nothing to motivate me to really clean this place of the clutter. And I know how much better I would feel if I just get on that. So hoping you have that ahhh decluttered feeling as a reward for getting rid of all that stuff you had to because of the mice. A silver lining of sorts. Anyway hugs to you.

@Sandeek just saying hey and that I am thinking of you.

@Tekate woohoo all our snow is melted. Hope your weather is behaving nicely too and that your shoulder is not giving you any pain. And in a couple of days that injection will enable you to enjoy your trips pain free. (((Hugs))).

@marcy YAY it's Saturday. Hope you have a great weekend with Mr Marty and enjoy some fun things and not just chore stuff. Stay warm and cozy.

So yesterday I was quite spur of the moment (so unlike me lol) and got a haircut in my neighborhood. But shhhh:shhh: don't tell Tuey. I just don't have the energy to make an appointment far in advance and head all the way to his place. I want to but my energy levels are low these days. I know he'd understand. And it had been 9 (?) months since my last haircut. It was time. I went to a local place and she trimmed off about 3-4 inches. So the dead ends have been cleaned up. I didn't let her do anything but trim. No drying and no color though I am super gray but it's still not completely gray which is that in between gray I loathe. But since my hair is fragile I'd rather have it partially gray than color it and risk breaking it more and losing more than I have been losing. It's thin and weak..like me :oops2: no JK I may be thin but I am not weak.
arniesmile.gif
So no hair color but at least it's cleaned up somewhat.

Greg is at the beach house already this AM as he left early and is going to try the automated feral feeding system again. Fingers crossed it works.:pray:
When he gets back we might head into the village but depends what time he gets back. If not today we might go tomorrow. And we have a date for the Met Jewelry show with my friend M the week after thanksgiving so yay and looking forward to that.

Have a wonderful Caturday Saturday girls. Love you. Leaving you with a photo I took yesterday with my new iPad Pro. Took this for @Tekate to show her the melting snow. And you can see a reflection of the iPad Pro in the photo. Love it.:lol:

Screen Shot 2018-11-17 at 7.13.39 AM.png

and since it is Caturday Saturday here is a photo of our lazy kitties. Taken yesterday midmorning with my iPad Pro. What lazy babies right? Ahhh the life of a loved and cherished house kitty. Not too shabby at all.:halo:

3kittiesinbed.jpg.png

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all! Sorry I have been MIA. I do follow along when I can but it’s been a rough month. Who I’m kidding...next month will be worse. I’m working hard getting my school work done so that I can be out all of December for the surgery. Also have been going to all of the pre-op appts and tests. Still a few more to go until I go for the reconstruction in two weeks! :eek2: :knockout:

I hope all is well and everyone enjoys their thanksgivings. We made reservations this year so easy peasy. I have been trying to get my holiday shopping done as well because getting around will be difficult after the surgery.

@missy love the new iPad, so Pretty! And I’ll be your hair looks beautiful like you. And you most certainly are not weak! I don’t know you in person, but you are one of the kidnest people I ‘know.’ Thank you for your continued thoughts and prayers. :kiss2: Love your kitties and hope Greg’s automatic feeder works! Darn cute greedy raccoons. :oops2:

@Tekate hope you are feeling well and I am sorry to hear about your shoulder. What a year! Feel well!

To all the lovely NIRDIs. Happy Thanksgiving and I hope you all enjoy your quiet time or family get togethers. :kiss2:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Keeping you in my thoughts and sending lots of positive and healing thoughts @Sandeek I hope your ordeal will soon be over and you’re on the road to a full recovery and good health.

Hi @Jimmianne think as your mousy problem as a positive thing, as @missy says, whilst not ideal, it means you can de clutter and start afresh. Have you had anymore thoughts on Mildred’s new frock :mrgreen2:?

I’m glad the snow has melted @missy, I hope it hasn’t left a nasty dirty slush everywhere. I’m sure Tuey won’t mind that you’ve had a trim somewhere else, if I could give you some of my hair, I gladly would.

Sounds like your new iPad is a big hit, I saw them at Costco when we were looking to buy Kim a new one for her course. She ultimately went for a different model with the pen, not sure which one, we just paid for it :lol: I have a Bluetooth keyboard for when I’m typing a lot.

I’m sorry to hear you’re feeling so drained, perhaps it’s for the best that your Mum is hosting thanksgiving this year.

I hope Greg had a safe trip to and from the beach house and the kitty cafe is all stocked up for another week.

Your work with pearls sounds fascinating @AV_ If you have any photos you’d like to share, I’m sure we’d all be interested. I’ve only ever seen regularly available pearls, so anything that is out of the ordinary, would be great.

Ugh @junebug17 I hate it when my hair is shorter than I wanted, but like you, it grows back pretty quickly, so it’s not the end of the world, just have o grin and bear it for a few weeks.

I hope Marty got home safely @marcy, and yay to him being home for the whole of December. Can’t believe that it’s only 2 weeks away. Where has the year gone, I must be getting really old, because it definitely does seem to go by quicker every year.

Hope you’re all set for your trip @Tekate, are you doing a river cruise from Budapest? I hear it’s really nice, it’s on our to do list, just haven’t got round to it yet, we better get a move on! Have fun and enjoy your time away.

Happy travels @PierreBear , hope it all goes smoothly with no hold ups anywhere. I no longer get air sick, but like you, I find limiting my senses when the seas are rough, help with sea sickness. Fingers crossed you’re fine, or you’ll just have to insist on a flat bed seat next time :mrgreen2:

Nothing going on here, Colin’s black eye is a lovely shade of yellow and purple today, and Dottie’s booties have arrived. She’s not impressed with them and is walking around like a Lippizaner horse, picking up each foot very deliberately :lol:

4DC355BB-3CA1-4A7A-9CE4-DB5D4C3A9982.jpeg

Looks like we’re in for some cold weather here, the wind was quite biting when we went out this morning, and more to come this week.

Keep warm and safe :wavey:

Reactions: AV_

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Your work with pearls sounds fascinating @AV_ If you have any photos you’d like to share, I’m sure we’d all be interested. I’ve only ever seen regularly available pearls, so anything that is out of the ordinary, would be great.

We were writing about photography in the same time; I on the 'Blinged out' thread: WWW

I have pictures already, made for lab inventory, so not exactly fabulous. I can tell you that taking them took a long time ,) - I was playing with the samples, of course! Will post some.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Sandeek don't even think of me.. you are a real trooper girl, your jaw was in worse shape than mine, this stuff moves fast and it's mean, I am sending you a huge hug.. come around when you can Sandeek, and take care of yourself. Happy Holidays to you..

@Austina yes about the cruise, From Budapest to Nuremburg.. then we motor to Prague for 3 days of sightseeing etc. looking forward to it, I have bronchitis so hopefully it won't segue to pneumonia. My dog will not walk with the booties on! your dog is so cute!!!

@PierreBear ooh on the air sickness, I get car sick so I feel for you.. Have a fun trip! Cambodia! sounds exotic and wonderful.... As to me, we are during a Viking River Cruise of the Danube to see different Christmas markets, we have added 2 days before and 3 days after for hotels and sighseeing in Budapest and Prague.. we will be gone about 2.5 weeks, but the weeks that I buy my tree, decorate, etc.. so we get back and we will make post haste on getting a tree up.. My younger son will be the only one here.. Son and DIL going to stay in Texas with her family, only fair :) Again forget the damn leak and enjoy yourself once you land at your trip spot.. you deserve it! Safe travels girlie!!!!

@AV_ sending a hello to you! I think nirdi land is wonderful and the people the BEST!

@Jimmianne how's the mouse situation? If we don't talk I am wishing you and yours a very happy Thanksgiving Jimmi! I am thankful that we chat here and about.. hope the horses and animals are all doing well and the family! Any more ideas on your reset right hand ring.. I live vicariously through everyone

@missy A haircut always perks me up Missy.. and thank you so much for the pictures, we till have snow but it is melting a bit, we may get some flurries Tuesday but after today we go into deep freezing temps... My son is thrilled, me? nah! ;-) Missy you will really enjoy the Met, it was wonderful 2 weeks ago.. and probably even more so! In my travels Missy I either underpack or over pack.. it would be great if I can get it right this time. Miss ya! girl.. visit.

@marcy it's always great when the spouse returns from trips.. have a great weekend and stay warm!!

@canuk-gal How are you sharon!!!?

So Monday morning I will have an ultrasound guided steroid shot into my shoulder to alleviate pain, never had an ultrasound guided one before.. it takes about 2 weeks to take full effect. Kids arrive on Tuesday!!! I will try to get on with pix if I can!

if I don't HAPPY THANKSGIVING to my American friends, happy week to my euro friends here and also to my asian friends.. we are all family, and I am sure if we were sitting around drinking our favorite beverage we would all find something to say about how we have thanks in our lives, so Thanksgiving is just a day for all of us to thank whomever, whatever for all that give and have..

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Junebug, so you like the larger phone? I always think I’ll get one but they seem so big when I look at them. It will be nice to have Marty home most of next month. They may reassign him to work on projects in Denver. We will see. It sounds like you are having a very nice time in SC. Oh no for getting a shorter haircut than you planned; at least it’s easy to care for and it does grow back. I am glad you aren’t getting snow.

Jimmianne, those sapphires are such a great color. I keep thinking about them.

Missy, I saw that NYC got snow and ended up with people stranded. It looked awful. Nice you got the silver iPad and Greg got it set up. Marty’s new iPad got set up yesterday and he sure likes it. I am glad to hear you are enjoying yours and your case has a clear back. It is so hard to tell if you’ll love a ring. I wonder if you could find a CZ about that size to help visualize how a ring would look with gorgeous Bubbalah? Marty is home and the rabbits are behaving so far. Nice to get your hair tuned up. I need to get a trim and have a professional straighten my bangs. The pictures with your iPad are great. Woo hoo for melted snow. The kitties look comfy. I have never taken a photo with my iPads. Strange. Crossing my fingers the automated feeder works. Sorry you are feeling low energy.

PierreBear, I hope you have a great time on your trip and visiting your mom. Oh no that you get air sick; do any of the pills help? A puffy vest sounds warm. Friendsgiving sounds fun.

AV, gardening, sewing, weaving and nesting sounds nice; especially with the snow piling up outside. It’s light snow but constant and all over a solid sheet of ice. How awesome to work with pearls. Marty brought me back quite a few pieces of jewelry from Hong Kong.

Sandeek, keeping you in my thoughts for your surgery next month. Wishing you an easy and speedy recovery. Good idea to dine out for Thanksgiving.

Austina, i do think Marty is happy to be home. He’ll go back to LA the first of December then be home the rest of the year. Sorry Colin’s bruise is changing color. The yellow phase looks the worst. I hope Dottie gets used to her booties.

Kate, your cruise sounds great especially with a Christmas theme. Good luck with your steroid shot on Monday.

We had our astronomy meeting last night. I had a seniors breakfast afterwards just because it sounded good. I only wanted one egg plus the senior breakfast is $2 cheaper. Ha!

The snow started before we got home last night and it’s still snowing. Our warm streets immediately became solid ice. I stayed home all day. It’s been snowing most of the day but lightly.

We got our photo Christmas cards today. They look good. I got Marty when I pretended like they screwed up our return address info. I said “darn, they put Putz and Marcy on our envelopes”. It’s a good thing I think I’m funny.
I’ve got a roast in the crock pot and potatoes baking in the oven. Easy supper.

Take care.
Marcy

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, I certainly hope the rabbits continue to behave after you tricked their overlord!
Sounds like you two have a bit of fun.
Have a great supper in your cozy, snowy world : )

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@AV_ my impression so far of using the iPad Pro 12.9 for one day...LOVE it. It's light and easy to use but remember I have large hands....

I might be aware of (ring) detail ... but I truly am challenged visualizing things.

I used to enjoy the poetry readings in the pubs so much and I also enjoyed sing alongs at piano bars... It was so much fun. I don't know if those exist anymore...though I am hoping and guessing they do.

How amazing you get to see pearls that the mere consumer never lays eyes on....would love to see that.
I am happy you are here too.

Will have to try an iPad monster when I get to town next week. I may not even know what a big screen is better for! I had assumed that they’d be heavy & awkward. Yeah, I am a wimp with kid hands. I seem to be getting old like my mother’s mother: a slight woman getting ever lighter with time! (& a ferocious commander over a large clan - a trait I have not gotten...)
-
The setting you like and is not available reminds me of something Leon used to do - having V-shaped folds of Pt between prongs, but his were four split-prong baskets - WWW & later WWW I remember one or two Tiffany solitaires from around 1910 done this way, with the number of prongs varying with the size of the diamond - four, eight, ten… (will search too).
-
Re. poetry & pubs: I got the taste for such evenings in RO until the end of college (2000), then in the Cambridges (UK, US), then back in RO (all arts live in just a couple of joints in this town!), then in Granada - nearby. I so deeply wish to settle here, it hurts to write the wish down! I have always enjoyed the chatter, and ocasional debate (they say it is a ‘contact sport’ - & so it is!); no singing - I’d be thrown out of anywhere for that!
-
Will post of pearls next - I am digging out photos, may take a few more tomorrow in the sun - I was never happy with my shots of pearls: darndest things to photograph…
-
Thanks for listening!

AV, gardening, sewing, weaving and nesting sounds nice; especially with the snow piling up outside. It’s light snow but constant and all over a solid sheet of ice.

Oh, the ice... I sure do remember that from a couple of winters in Boston and Providnce: 'coupe fingers deep glass over everything, also my front door, and the steeply sloped street I was somehow supposed to walk on!? NEVER again... Winter means 20ºC at mid day every day in Granada, and this is a mountain town - with its own quirks, of course: there is thick fog nearly every morning in winter - which I am not bored with yet (it sets fast on the skin when I walk to the bakery & else very early in the morning - like a very light sprey... - which would be so good in Summer!).

Arrgh... I am rambling, of course!

=)2

Last edited:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Austina, I love to watch a dog walking in boots! What fun. Has she gotten used to them yet? I may have to get some for Issy.

Missy, I believe one never truly clears out stuff ...gets to the bottom of it...until forced by circumstances. Like a move. And then...what to do with all the memories??!! Very hard to toss. I found a way out for a lot of photos and memorabilia by asking my sis to take the family history. Sneaky me, taking advantage of her packrat tendencies. Lol
What I can’t figure out is how I could have gotten rid of so much stuff already and the house still looks full. Hm. LOL onward!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@Sandeek aww my heart goes out to you. I am so sorry and so sad you are still suffering and if wishes could make you completely better you would be already. I have faith though that in the upcoming months as you continue treatment and have your surgery that you will feel so much better. In the meantime this sucks so hard for you and you are such a trooper. I know I sound like a broken record but I don't care because it bears repeating. You are amazing in every way. You are so strong and brave and you are handling it all with grace and strength and your inner beauty shines so strongly. Sending you continued hugs and love and bucketloads of healing dust. And your kind comments touch my heart Sandeek. Thank you. ((((HUGS)))).

@Austina OMG Dottie looks adorable in her booties. :kiss2: Hope she gets used to them and they do the trick for her. She is a precious girl. Love the new iPad. We got it at the Apple store because while I love Costco and wanted to get it there Greg gets a small professor discount at the Apple store so we couldn't pass that up. Hope Kim is loving her new apple device. Generous gift from her future in laws. You're a sweetheart. Hugs to you.

@Tekate sending you many good wishes for your ultrasound guided steroid shot Monday and it sounds good. I like that it is very carefully guided and administered exactly where it needs to go. Yay for your kids arriving Tuesday and yes please take lots of pics. I wish I could say I will visit soon but that is unlikely and my guess is you will visit me again before I get out to Maine...but maybe one day. We still have no one to watch the kitties. My sweet dysfunctional crazy kitties. :P2 (((Hugs))).

And yes I am looking forward to the Met remembering how much you and Katie enjoyed the exhibit. And going with our friend M is wonderful as she is a true artist and I love going to museums with her. And like me she has a 2 hour limit so yay for that. I am not one who can be in a museum (or anywhere) for that long without getting restless lol. Though there are exceptions ie bling shopping and clothing shopping...OK scratch what I just said. It just depends. But 2 hours are a good start and we can always return to the exhibit if we want. It is going on for a few months. I love NYC.

Hope you are having a good weekend sweet Kate the Great. (((Hugs))).

@marcy glad you had a good astronomy meeting Friday evening. I cannot believe it is snowing still by you. Good idea to stay inside where you are warm and cozy and get a head start on Christmas cards. Haha you are such a jokester lol. Wrong return address indeed.:lol: Watch out because if I know Marty he will get you back when you least expect it...:Up_to_something: :cheeky:

Yummy seniors breakfast you enjoyed after your meeting. LOL how fast it seems we went from childrens menu to seniors menu :lol-2: And saving money any way we can (more for bling :mrgreen2:) is always good. Hope you are enjoying the rest of your weekend and hugs.

@AV_ if you have petite hands do not get the largest iPad Pro. My huge hands just make it as I am typing on it with one hand so if that is a concern go for one of the smaller iPads. Try them out at the store before you purchase is your best bet.

Looking forward to seeing whatever pearl (or other) photos you share with us. Yes I imagine it difficult to capture the beauty of pearls but like many other beautiful bling it can be challenging to photograph. Black opals are another photographing challenge.

Thank you for sharing your setting thoughts and the links. Ahh so poetry in pubs still going strong. You graduated way after I graduated (my college graduation was technically 1986) and glad that poetry in pubs were still being enjoyed and I am sure still being enjoyed today as well. LOL for the no singing. Yes I would be thrown out as well if I were to sing at the top of my lungs anywhere as I am quite tone deaf. But what I do is sing softly so I can enjoy singing without annoying others around me. I am nothing if not considerate. I try to be at least. :halo:

I wish for you what you wish and that you get to live exactly where you want to be and in the meantime are enjoying exactly where you are.

And as for rambling this is what this thread is for isn't it? I know I ramble a lot here and hope whoever is here doesn't mind. And if someone isn't up for reading they can just skip it. No worries...we are among good friends here and no one is here unless they want to be. Hugs.

@Jimmianne that is profound and true. And LOL I take advantage of my mom's packrat tendencies the same way. It is hard getting rid of some stuff and it alleviates my conscience if I give it to her. LOL we are quite bad aren't we? :devil: ::)
Hope you keep moving onward and forward. It's the only way to move.
(((Hugs))).

Yesterday was lots of fun. We went to the Bryant Park winter shops and had a spending spree lol. I got 2 adorable and warm hats and 2 new bags that I love and Greg got a lovely new scarf. And we bought some gifts as well. I love supporting local shops and vendors and don't mind paying a premium to do so. Keep small businesses healthy.:appl:

A pic of my new white hat. So comfortable.

bryantparknov2018.jpeg.png

I had to get it in black too lol because they are really super comfy. Here's a quick pic of my new black hat. I call them my pom pom hats.

blackpompomhat.jpg.png

And lastly the view at Bryant Park. Lovely.

bryantparkview.jpg.png

And woohoo Greg got the automated part working but he is not yet finished since now he has to rebuild the entire front due to the fact that the purchased automation didn't work and he had to build it all himself. So he has many more hours of work left constructing but phase one went smoothly yesterday woohoo.

Enjoy this beautiful Sunday girls!:wavey:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@AV_ if you have petite hands do not get the largest iPad Pro. My huge hands just make it as I am typing on it with one hand...

Looking forward to seeing whatever pearl (or other) photos you share with us.

...glad that poetry in pubs were still being enjoyed

...what I do is sing softly so I can enjoy singing without annoying others around me

And as for rambling this is what this thread is for isn't it?

I have not seen such heavy RAIN here for three years - so no photos of pearls in the sun. I am discovering how much rain water can possibly leak throgh the new window frames of this place, while high winds fling showers against the glass for a few hours & counting :whistle: ... At least the wind is down, rain almost vertical. Love gravity! (for driving water away from windows)
-
All the talk of bars & poetry makes me want to get outta here! (not in this weather thougth). Next week.
-
Yes to soft singing. Somehow I do not recall any opportunities at the joints I went through - so your places must have been substantially dfferent (intrigued!). Sure did some such in church though -) In consequence, I can sing Orthodox stuff reasonably well after repeating much the same tune once every couple of weeks for years, but not nearly enough to lead - and it has happened that it came to that, FOR SHAME! (don't read too much in this - I am not a serious church-goer... - the culture is such that these things are part of most lives & not an imposition)
-
iPad - will try & tell.

Rambing! Happily! NIRDI! o_O=)2

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Jimmianne, the likelihood the rabbits behave when Marty is in town is small. We are easily amused. Our supper was definitely made of a snowy night. You are so right that clearing out stuff only happens by necessity. I did the exact same thing to one of my sisters that you did; I didn’t want any of my papers thousands of pictures and she took them all home. She occasionally brings me a photo or two but I doubt she ever gets through all of them. Sneaky of us, eh?

AV, what a pain to have to walk hills on ice! Our walkway into the building where I work is a steep angle and they eventually replaced with a steeper angle but included heat they can turn on to melt the ice. Foggy mornings are kind of cool and I am glad you so enjoy where you are living now.

Missy, enjoy the jewelry display and how fun M is joining you guys.. 2 hours is about all I can take anywhere too. I like museums and displays but I speed / skim read the info and definitely don’t dawdle when I am looking. It’s not that i am bored; it’s just that I got it and moved on. You nailed that about Marty getting even with me. Keeps me on my toes. Great pictures of you and Bryant Park. Love your new hats. They look very warm. That is awesome the automated door works but darn that Greg will had to modify that front piece again.

AV and Missy, you aren’t alone on no one would enjoy our singing. Marty tells me it sounds like a cat crying.

We slept in today for us and went out for breakfast. Marty is grilling us some steaks soon and I’ll make rice and veggies.

I am washing everything to put on our new mattress tomorrow. I am sure my washing machine is going to squawk about the mattress pad being a bit big and heavy. We will see.

Enjoy you Sunday sweet NIRDI’s!

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i thought this was appropriate for this week. :lol:

Dont-Forget-To-Set-Your-Scales-Back-Ten-Pounds-This-Week-Funny-Thanksgiving.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello all!

@missy, so awful that people were stuck in traffic for so long, what a nightmare. Thank you for the kind words and thankfully hair grows lol. Love your new ipad and I'm glad you're enjoying it. Sounds like you and Greg had a lovely day in Bryant Park. Very cute hats, and lovely pics of the city. Love the Kudos to Greg for working so hard on the feeder and I hope he can figure it out.

@PierreBear, on no to getting such severe air sickness! I wonder if a doctor can prescribe an anti-nausea medication? I hate the thought of you suffering so much. I hope you have a great time on your trip. Yes, ds definitely spoils Zoe. And about my hair...tbh I didn't realize how short it was until I was in the car :eek2: so I tipped her what I usually do. I've been feeling sorta upset and weird about it and not sure I want to go back but if I do I'm letting her know she went way too short.

@marcy, cute and funny picture! Ugh, sorry to hear about the ice, stay safe. Sounds like you had a nice weekend, it's great you have your cards done. Lol to Putz and Marcy! I like the larger phone, it's easier to see.

@Sandeek, sending good thoughts to you as you prepare for your surgery in December. So sorry you have to go through this and I hope everything goes well for you.

@Jimmianne, I love the idea of having an uncluttered home but OTOH it's hard to part with some things. I agree that one doesn't really do it completely unless forced to. Sending things to your sister is a great idea.

@Austina, Dottie looks very cute in her booties!

@av, so sorry about the heavy rain and I hope it subsides soon for you. The weather sounds delightful where you are - 20 degrees C in winter would be heaven!

Got back from SC yesterday. Dh's brother, wife, and son and maybe my brother are coming for Thanksgiving so I have some cleaning and shopping to do. Hope everyone has a great Monday!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy Thanksgiving week!

@junebug17 safe travels back home. Hope you enjoyed a wonderful mini getaway with your dh and are looking forward to Thanksgiving...are you having it at your house?
ETA see you were posting as I was posting haha. I am sure sweet Zoe is happy you are back home with her. Glad you enjoyed a wonderful trip and yay for spending the holidays this week with family. Sounds like a perfect way to spend Thanksgiving. Good luck with the cleaning and the shopping Junie. XO.

@AV_ oh how lovely you enjoy singing in church and can sing orthodox music well. I always envied singing in churches as Jewish music is not that melodious IMO. During this time of year I listen to Christmas music and there are no similar catchy Hebrew tunes lol. Unless you count these 2 tunes...:cheeky:

Oh wait and then there's this catchy tune.

You see what I am up against...:lol:

Would love to hear what songs you enjoy singing in Church.

As for what I like to softly sing any catchy song. I find myself singing along (softly) whenever something is playing that I enjoy. And when we were younger we would have fun at piano bars and sing along. So many singing that really my voice didn't mess it up. The Duplex was one favorite piano bar we would frequent.

https://www.theduplex.com/site/

I love a good thick fog in the AM. And as for icy slopes perhaps check out the Olang Boot @canuk-gal kindly shared here. They have little ice picks on the bottom for safe walking on ice.

Hope your heavy rains clear soon. Stay safe.

Looking forward to pearlicious photos rainy or sunny. Doesn't matter. And as for gravity I am not such a fan these days as it seems determined to pull down every body part on me these days.:knockout::P2

@marcy hahaha I wish I sounded as good as a cat crying...:lol:
Yes the hats are super warm. Wore the white one again yesterday. I am in love with it. Comfy cozy and snazzy looking too.:sun:
Hope the washing of all the sheets went well yesterday and I am anxious to hear how sleeping on your new mattress went. Hoping it went like a dream. :whistle:
8):appl:

Love that turkey cartoon lol. So true. I am sure gaining some weight this week will be easy for all of us.:lickout:
What are your Thanksgiving day plans?

@Sandeek thinking of you and continuing to send good wishes and healing hugs your way. Before you know it this will all be a distant blurry bad memory. Good times are ahead. (((Hugs))).

We had a lovely day yesterday. It was chilly but we stayed warm enough as we were walking quite briskly everywhere. Walked to the Brooklyn Flea and got some plants and was tempted by a few other purchases but I resisted. How many vintage coats do I need? And then we visited rescue dogs for a change. Aww so sweet. So many rescue animals looking for homes. Wish all of them could find loving safe homes. So badly I wish that.

Leaving you with a fall foliage pic in our neighborhood from yesterday right before dusk. Pretty maple tree. The perfect orange.

Screen Shot 2018-11-19 at 8.50.22 AM.png

Enjoy a wonderful Monday girls!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@av, so sorry about the heavy rain and I hope it subsides soon for you. The weather sounds delightful where you are - 20 degrees C in winter would be heaven!

Not Heaven, but close enough - at least for me & for many locals too - it is good to hear their pride of place .) ... With all the rain, wild mushrooms have been great this year & still there are a few around. I do not miss Northern European winters! If I did, up the Sierra there is snow as much as anywhere - &, I have not been up there in winter yet (lazyness, pure & simple).

@AV_ oh how lovely you enjoy singing in church and can sing orthodox music well. ...
You see what I am up against...
Would love to hear what songs you enjoy singing in Church.
Hope your heavy rains clear soon. Stay safe.

Looking forward to pearlicious photos rainy or sunny.

You could pass Hava Nagila for Romanian folk dance music any time of the year ,) (I couldn't find a good match off the bat - will do). Now, I doubt you might find Orthodox singing fun - it is... fit for purpose: imagine that many people always go in & out of the church during the long mass - most pass through for a few minutes of familiar sound, for traditional greeting gestures & no more. The mass, the comming & going & shuffling around in the church, the bits of ritual to do - it is all a scene to dip into, & things are accepted this way. This is what a relatively good women's rendering of a one-word prayer sounds like: www I do not sound like them!
-

Still cloudy & slight rain. I forgot what this is like... They say there is a round of gray weather. This, after not seeing that many clouds since February, perhaps. None!
-
You do look great ,) & we could pass for each other ! (maybe)

Last edited:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

It’ll be a great trip @Tekate We really enjoyed Prague, great city for walking around. Nuremberg was really interesting too. We went to Terrazin, and I can honestly say it was as chilling as Auschwitz, the whole atmosphere of the place was really terrifying.

:D@marcy, I’d definitely like to set my clock back at least 10lbs, if only it was that easy.

Hope the new mattress arrived safely and you enjoy a really good nights sleep tonight.

Dottie tried to get her booties off @Jimmianne but they’ve got Velcro so she couldn’t. I think they’re helping her get her confidence back walking on the tiled floors.

Sounds like you’re going to be really busy @junebug17 , a real houseful for thanksgiving. Don’t stress it, I’m sure everyone will have a lovely time.

I hope the rain and leaky windows aren’t causing you too many problems @AV_

Love the hats @missy, they really suit you. The weather’s turned really cold here, I may have to dig out a hat myself soon.

How’s the hunt for a new setting going?

I hope I haven’t missed anyone, and sorry for the brief posts, but I’m so tired today, it’s only 8pm and I’m yawning my head off already.

:wavey:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I hope the rain and leaky windows aren’t causing you too many problems @AV_

I am told that this is not unusual: nobody cares much how leaky windows are, since storms are rare. I am certainly not buying the argument. No time to deal with this too much & I've sure mopped off more than a bucket sum total from the two rooms that were under the wind through much of the storm. Annoying more than anything! (floors are marble - very common here & COLD)

Rain is supposed to continue a couple of nights. No more storm, no more water in the house without wind. Ha!

Tomorrow better be nice. I ought to go in town (iPad testing too)

Good to be here, writing at the end of an odd, wet day ...

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hey eveyone! Hi

Got my shot today, it didn't hurt as much as the regular shot. Shoulder is very sore tho.

Family to arrive tomorrow.. so I don't know if I will be around till Friday.. cleaned today, cooked today, same tomorrow till they all get here.

I'm tired. Shoulder keeps me awake often..

Our snow has melted mostly BUT 5 inches maybe tomorrow.

Happy Thanksgiving to all the best chicks in the universe found here in NIRDI..

Talk soon.

kate

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@Tekate I hope the steroid shot starts taking effect and you are feeling relief very soon. I'm sorry it was painful but glad it was not as painful as some other shoulder injections you have received and I am so sorry the shoulder pain keeps you awake. Hoping that is remediated very soon. Wow to maybe 5 inches of snow today. Oy. Hope your family arrives safely and that you enjoy the happiest holiday with them this year. We will miss you but we will see you soon so no worries. Go and enjoy the heck out of your wonderful family. (((HUGS))).

@AV_ I think I am part Romanian! Haha that would explain that we might look similar. I will take that as a compliment. Hoping the rain stops soon and that no more water enters the house. Sending you dry and cozy vibes. Let us know how the iPad testing goes. I am enjoying both sizes right now as the smaller older one I have still works just doesn't hold a charge for as long as it should. The large one is great for working out. We have Pandora Premium and they show the lyrics so while I am working out I can read the lyrics (and sing along haha) much more easily on the larger iPad. Glad you find respite in PS during cold wet weather. I too enjoy relaxing here on PS. Gazing (OK who am I kidding more like drooling lol) over yummy bling and enjoying good conversations. It's a nice place to be. Glad you are here.

@Jimmianne aww thank you and right back at ya cool bling sister of mine. It occurred to me that the outfit I am wearing is something you would be wearing too. Soul sisters in spirit and bling and style. What can I say?8) Hope all is well and that your preparations are going smoothly.

@Austina how is Colin feeling? Hope he is healing nicely. Thanks for the hat compliment. As for the ring search I have taken a break. I sent the seller a note saying I was going to pass on that setting. It's pretty but something is making me feel it is not the one. I could be completely wrong however as sometimes I do not know my own mind but I am not feeling in a hurry or stressed about it right now so just going to ride this wave and see where it takes me. Hope you had a good night's sleep and are feeling rested today.

@Sandeek sending you hugs and good vibes. XO.

Hey to everyone else...hope your week is going well and happy Pre Thanksgiving to those who celebrate.

Leaving you with a happy Turkey pardon from the past. Wish everyone would do this every year.::)

turkeypardon.gif

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Glad the injection wasn’t too bad @Tekate, I hope the soreness wears off and the pain has eased up. Have fun with your family and don’t work too hard! :mrgreen2:

The consultant was pleased with his handiwork @missy , the area is larger than I thought it would be, but it’s looking good and shouldn’t leave too much of a scar. He just has to keep it moisturised to help lessen any scarring.

I think if a setting isn’t screaming ‘buy me’, then it’s not the one for you. I’ve always liked the halo on Bubbalah, and I do think you’ll miss the extra presence on your hand.

The good news is, the cheque from the insurance company arrived this morning, so when Colin got back, we went straight to the bank. We’ll chase up the gate company tomorrow to see when they can start.

The bad news is, it’s been snowing . It’s really cold, 3 degs when we went out this afternoon, definitely big coat weather.

Hope all the other NIRDIS are keeping safe and warm :wavey:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
checking in for a second! we have over 7 inches of snow here in Scarborough! and my kids seem to be lost on I 95 north...

Hope everyone had a great day..

@Austina yup that injection actually made me perky today, first time in a year I coud lift my arm above my chest and squeegee my shower! that is progress.

I am with you on settings, there is only one setting I really would want my OEC stone to be in if I ever had one again it's CVB setting Chloe, and I would want it in platinum, but since I'm pretty done I don't think that will ever happen!

happy Thanksgiving to all our American NIRDIs, to our European/Canadian/Asian friends, have a great rest of week.

Kate

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alright, Tekate!!! Being able to lift your arm! A luxury when you have an injury like that.
Don’t cook too hard....please.

Ah Missy, you are so kind, but saying I have style, well, thank you for that anyway. LOL

I just started going through my jewelry appraisals and GIA reports for a GIA disscussion on another thread and discovered that the [dd’s] necklace and earrings I posted photos of are tanzanites.
And I had no idea of the value before sending photos to DD asking her if she wanted them now...guess I forgot over the years. So right now I am having sticker shock and thinking...why the heck did I tell my DD about them LOL I am the one who appreciates bling LOL they will be wasted on her LOL.
When will I learn to be sneaky and immoral. Haha stay tuned...she does not have them yet [insert evil laugh here].

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Speaking of sticker shock, my two little dogs had dental work yesterday. When I was presented with the bill I actually said a bad word. Poor Monet had all 12 front teeth extracted and Camille had front bottom, 8. They are doing very well, eating soft food and on pain meds. Monet is seriously ancient, Camille is about 10. They both have those weird tiny-dog mouths with the teeth going in all directions. I had not had their teeth cleaned in two years. I had mentioned to the vet last year that they seemed to be having issues and the vet said they were OK. But they were not. Good to follow one’s own instincts sometimes. I am hoping now they will be much more comfortable eating once things heal.
I did not know how tense I was about them being under anesthetic yesterday until I got the call they got through it fine, and then I had a good cry. I hate to have proceedures done on my pets, but of course it is the right thing to do. Ugh.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@Jimmianne oh the poor dears. So glad they are doing well. Putting our animals under anesthesia especially when they are old is scary. Relieved they came through it A OK. They will be much better without those diseased teeth. Sorry it was expensive. We will do anything for our fur babies. (((Hugs))) and please hug Monet and Camille from their Aunt Missy. As for the bling if you will wear and enjoy it give your DD something else...you deserve whatever bling your heart desires Jimmianne and you do so much for your DD as it is. Leave the bling with the person (you) who truly will love and appreciate it. JMO.

@Tekate hope your dear family made it to you safe and sound yesterday and that your snow has stopped. Hope your shoulder is continuing to feel better and that you remain in good spirits. Enjoy your Thanksgiving and enjoy your loving warm family. (((Hugs))).
Love the CVB Chloe.

@Austina glad Colin won't be dealing with much of a scar. It's always nice when the physician does good work. And haha are impressed with their own work too. How is Dottie doing with her new booties? Has she gotten used to them by now? I am surprised but I have a whole new appreciation for different settings now that I have been enjoying this 50s halo setting for a few months. It is so feminine and graceful and somehow even elegant. LOL I am not kidding . IRL it is just beautiful to my eye. It isn't torture waiting for the "forever" setting to come along...whatever and whenever that will be.

Wonderful news that your insurance check arrived and you already deposited it. The rest should go smoothly fingers crossed. What a relief and weight off our minds. Hope your weather is warming up. Ours is cooling down and tomorrow won't get out of the 20s F. Brrrrrrrrr. Stay warm and sending you warm thoughts and hugs.

@Sandeek hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving surrounded by your loved ones and that the next two months go well and bring you increasing good health. As always thinking of you and sending you positive vibes and lots of hugs.

Saw my endocrinologist this AM and he said my thyroid is barely functioning so no choice but to go back on thyroid meds. He agreed to put me on Acella NP and feels I need a lower dosage due to my weight than what I had been on previously. We are both hoping it doesn't bring back my heart palps or other bad side effects. A big problem is my iron is low and my ferritin is low but my TIBC is high meaning whatever I supplement with is bound and not used. Due to my MTHFR genetic mutation. There is only so much we can do so taking it as always one day at a time and hoping for improvement in my symptoms and relief from the side effects. We shall see.

I wish each and everyone of you a happy healthy Thanksgiving and sending love and warm hugs your way. We are in for the rest of the day and Greg is happily cooking (for us mainly) and experimenting with gluten soy dairy and grain free foods for Thanksgiving. The house should be smelling quite delicious very soon.:lickout:

(((HUGS))).:wavey:

Leaving you with a photo of the underside of a circuit board. Greg is restoring a 1970s stereo receiver. Exciting times.:lol:

Screen Shot 2018-11-21 at 9.18.34 AM.png

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, Missy, sending thyroid dust to you. <3
Happy Thanksgiving and enjoy the excitement of circuit boards : )

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

:lol: I thought it looked like Tanzanite @Jimmianne but I didn’t want to say. I :love: Tanzanite, and those look like beauties. Lucky you and your DD. Aww poor pups, I hope their mouths aren’t too sore, hopefully they’ll heal quickly. I understand their gums harden by way of compensation so they can eat relatively normally.

Wow, that’s great progress @Tekate but don’t overdo it. I hope your family have all arrived safely so you can enjoy your thanksgiving together.

Ugh @missy, I’m so sorry to hear about your ongoing thyroid problems. When are you going to get a break? :(2 I hope taking a lower dose of meds helps without all the nasty side effects. It’s no wonder you’re so fatigued all the time.

It’s cold here, but lovely and bright, and at least the snow was short lived.

Happy thanksgiving to you all :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s! Happy Thanksgiving!

Junebug, is your hair looking better? I would definitely tell your hair stylist if you go back to her. It sounds like you’ll have a nice family crowd for Thanksgiving. Fun.

Missy, beautiful orange leaves on that tree! You are looking stylish and fabulous in your coat, boots and hats. I am sure the rescue dogs enjoyed your visit. That’s great you are enjoying the larger iPad. I checked it out at the mall tonight; it’s nice but seemed big compared to what I use. I hate to hear you have to go back on thyroid medicine; hoping the lower dosage works without giving you side effects. I bet your house is smelling great. What a cool project for Greg to work on.

AV, sorry it is the cloudy season there. I hope the rainy season passes and darn it for leaky windows. You lived in Romania? Marty was in both Serbia and Romania for work a few years ago.

Austina, is Dottie still resisting her booties. I can see her trying to get them off; she may figure out the secret to velcro. That is good to hear Colin’s incision is doing well; I hope the moisturizer helps minimize scaring. That is awesome you finally got the insurance check. I hope you can get the repairs done quickly.

Jimmianne, how is your ring project coming along? Your DD’s tanzanites are great color. Maybe she’ll tell you to enjoy them for awhile. i hope your little dogs are doing better now that they’ve had their teeth worked on but darn for sticker shock.

Kate, I hope your shoulder is doing better and I am glad to hear the shot wasn’t as bad as expected. Have fun with your family and Thanksgiving. Oh no to 7” of snow. I hope everyone arrived okay.

Our new mattress is comfy but way too high for me. I want Marty to build me a 3” step; but so far he hasn’t done that. I’ll work on it this weekend.

It’s been a busy week. Monday night I got our new mattress made up and washed the other sheets and practiced trying to figure out how to pole vault on to the bed with bad knees. Last night we went out for supper then hit the grocery store. Strange the store was so busy it was like the day or two before a holiday. Tonight we ran to the mall after eating then came home and I made cheesecake and Marty made fruit compote for the top.

I get to report to jury duty on Monday morning.

Take care.
Marcy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results