carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@AV_ I think I am part Romanian!

Kidding? =)2

AV, sorry it is the cloudy season there. I hope the rainy season passes and darn it for leaky windows. You lived in Romania? Marty was in both Serbia and Romania for work a few years ago.

It sure is an unusually wet winter. This is supposed to be an - arid - part of Europe. Anyhow, still well above 10ºC. And I can get away with not being out in the cold!

I have left RO after college - not much left to look back to. Granada - is more home now than anywhere. You might hear me recounting memories of Berlin, London, Boston, Cambridge & a few more - not that I have ever even liked the idea of changing places at all. It so happened. I am a repenting expat... o_O

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Ugh @missy I hope taking a lower dose of meds helps without all the nasty side effects.

Second this... I am lightweight too, and have had my share of overdone anesthetics, overdozed stuffs :sleep: - now, I request doze revision for anything & everything. Possibly a silly thing to do.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls and happy (USA) Thanksgiving Day! Gobble gobble.
1263732qjo53yeqzf.gif

@junebug17 happy Thanksgiving dear Junie. May you be surrounded by your loved ones in peace and joy and have a wonderful day. I am sure all your guests will enjoy the yummy meal you have cooked.

@Austina glad the snow was short lived. You got the pretty without the yucky mess after. Hope Dottie adjusts to her booties soon. Thanks for your good wishes. Have a lovely Thursday.

@marcy hope you enjoyed the Charlie Brown Thanksgiving last night...
Sorry the pole vault is necessary to get up to the new mattress and is proving challenging. Hope that gets sorted out for you soon. A 3" step will do the trick. And yay for your new mattress. Hahaha yes strange how the stores seem so busy just like there's a holiday or something coming...:lol: Ugh to Jury Duty...I have that mid December and am so not looking forward to it. Blech.:knockout: Hope you don't get chosen for a case (unless you want to that is). Yumm to cheesecake. I will have to make do with the memories of yummy cheesecake unless I want to cheat and add dairy. Maybe one day I will after all we only live once or as the kids like to say YOLO.

Cherries?
cheesecakenovember2017.jpg

Or straight up?

pumpkincheesecakebydh2013thanksgivingeve.jpg

I bet that compote Marty made for the cheesecake is delicious. Why is it called cheesecake and not cheese pie ?
Have a lovely holiday and hugs.

@Jimmianne how is your ring project coming along? What are your plans today? (Sure you said but I forget). How are your sweet pups doing today? Yes to tanzanite...bluetiful. LOL love that Norman Rockwell thanksgiving pic...so peaceful and dignified. :halo: thanks for sharing. That's the closest I'm getting to a Norman Rockwell Thanksgiving bwahaha...have you met my family? :lol-2: Hugs.

@Tekate Happy Thanksgiving and hoping you are enjoying your family and feeling well. I bet your house smells delicious and I bet there's a lot of warmth and love all around right now. Hugs and Enjoy.

@Sandeek hope you are having a wonderful warm loving Thanksgiving and soon will have so much more to be thankful for...sending you love and hugs.

@AV_ not kidding...must go back to my DNA test to see because my memory is not great but IIRC my mom said we do have family from RO. I can see why you would prefer the weather where you are now. And I am glad you are enjoying living in Granada. Home is wherever you and your loved ones are and it truly is where the heart is and not some physical place so much. Haha repenting ex pat.

A photo of my newest acquisition...the designer made them a bit too long but no problem. Greg will order a tool and try adjusting the bend so they fall just below my lobe. But I am very pleased with them. IRL they are chunkalcious and delicious. It was dark last night when they arrived so forgive the not great photo. Believe me when I say they are beautiful in person.

Screen Shot 2018-11-22 at 6.23.34 AM.png

Have a warm loving and cheerful day today to all you lovely girls (sorry I did not write to each and everyone of you but you know who you are and I am thinking of each one of you @rainwood, @LLJsmom, @PierreBear and @CJ2008 and anyone else I inadvertently left out...you are all in my heart) wherever you are and whoever you are celebrating with today be it Thanksgiving for you or just a regular Thursday. Every day we are here enjoying our loved ones (people and fur babies) and breathing and doing OK is cause for celebration. Love you girls.

Leaving you with a Thanksgiving day photo from 2012:

missyandbethanythanksgiving.jpg

and from 2013. They grow up so fast.

thanksgiving2013.jpg

and just last year's Thanksgiving...they grew like weeds 8) and B is sure to be surpassing me in height very very soon and at 5'6" I am not short and she is not yet a teenager.:o In just a few months she will be however. Glad I am her aunt and not her momma from what I remember about being a teenager ::)

bethanyandalexamotojacketsthanksgiving2017.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving and (((HUGS)))!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy...OMG I have the same “torn jeans” tights and I love them to death! Please tell your niece they look great on her. Mine are one of the few items that goes back and forth across the ocean with me. How COOL that we both have them, although come to think of it, maybe you should not tell her that an old lady wears them too. Lol

There was NO plan &
I was feeling pretty sorry for myself this morning (home alone, as designated farm sitter for the holiday) until I had a great long distance text fest with DD, then rallied, put on my coral and snake earrings from the Brooklyn Museum ( and wore lipstick to match) and went to WALMART.
All the salads I bought for the holiday from Whole Foods had romaine lettuce and had to be tossed. Now I am feeling LUCKY because there was a Walmart open to buy more food! I thought I was going to have to eat thanksgiving dinner at McD’s.
And THEN when I got home, my holiday gifts to myself had arrived a day early and were sitting on the front porch.
Woo hoo!
As for Mildred’s setting, it’s in the works. I got a CAD from DK, sent back a sketch. He said he liked the idea and is sending a new CAD, which will come tomorrow. “Feeling Positive”
So that is thanksgiving here. Much to be thankful for.
I will enjoy reading about all your thanksgivings, dear NIRDIs. :appl:

Reactions: AV_

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thanksgiving, NIRDI's!

upload_2018-11-22_11-38-17.png

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s! Happy Thanksgiving!

Our dinner isn’t until 4 pm today; it’s going to be a LONG day.

AV, you have certainly lived in many places. Glad you feel like Granada is home.

Jimmianne, I am so happy to hear your day became vastly brighter after a long text chat with your DD. Glad to hear you were able to find an open store and found your holiday gifts on the porch when you got home. What did you get? It sounds like your ring design is coming along.

Missy, the cheesecake is making me drool. i’ll take cherries please. Cheese pie does make more sense. Your new earrings look fabulous! i enjoyed seeing your family pictures from Thanksgiving past; your cute nieces have changed so much. They grow up so fast.

We slept in until about 7. Both of us had eggs and bacon for breakfast and it’s almost noon so think I’ll eat something now. We are heading to our friends house about 3:30. i bought some things online this morning.

Take care.
Marcy

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy thanksgiving lovely (US) NIRDIS :D

:(2 Sorry you were feeling down earlier @Jimmianne but glad you had a good text chat with your DD and managed to get something to eat today. Exciting that Mildred’s new frock is on the drawing board :mrgreen2: We’re such terrible blingaholics, that we live vicariously through each other’s projects :lol:

I’ve noticed in a lot of show homes we’ve visited, that the beds all seem really high @marcy I’ve often thought I’d need a ladder, and I’d be worried about injuring myself if I fell out! :lol: Predictive text just typed snow bones.
Ugh to jury duty :( fortunately I’ve never been called.

Whereabouts in London were you living @AV_ ?

All Greg’s cooking looks fantastic @missy :lickout: I’m sure all his hard work will go down well with your family.

A decent pair of round nosed pliers should do the trick with your earrings, they look lovely.

Goodness, your nieces are really growing up quickly, you must notice it every time you see them. Yes, your sister is in for some fun when they reach the terrible teens :lol:

Another cold day here today, but bright and dry.

I meant to say, yesterday we watched Same kind of different as me with Renée Zellweger & Greg Kinnear. What a great film, based on a true story, we really enjoyed it.

Whatever you’re doing today, have a lovely time. Although we don’t celebrate Thanksgiving here, I’m thankful for the friendship of all you lovely ladies.

:wavey:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Whereabouts in London were you living @AV_ ?

Good question! Mostly on (in!?) The Tube: commuting accross it all down to the wharf each day. I was an ex-student, so this arrangement was not to last, lest I would not have lasted. Of course, I loved those times; if I only could pull off that schedule again... The town showed me some beautiful things for the first time: what it means to taylor, what great jewelry ought to look like, why is it a good idea to wear a double cuffed shirt ,( - then go all out girlie when the company is good (same ladies, not working)...

When I happen to go back, I always pass by this place www

(this is what comes to mind when I hear 'London' ! ... )

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@marcy It is good to be Home somewhere. I am cleary old - and need to throw roots into some ground...

@missy You and your younger sisters look so good together! Not even kidding.

@Jimmianne The YF suite is getting to be a ring? (they do look like dew spread out loose... )

No local Thanksgiving. Then again, to each place its own holidays...

Thank you for a good time!

Last edited:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! Happy Thanksgiving!

Missy, great pic of you by the tree. And your nieces have grown so much, they are really sweet. Sending lots of good wishes that you can tolerate the new thyroid med. Thank you for the good thoughts and I hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving with your family as well. Greg's cherry cheesecake looks amazing! Wow, those earrings are SO beautiful! :love:

Tekate, I'm glad the procedure for your shot went well and it's good to hear it's helping you. Hope you had a fabulous time with your family. Wow, that's a lot of snow, it's way too early for that!

@Austina, glad the snow didn't stick around for too long. Must have felt great depositing that check! :appl: Thanks for the movie recommendation, I will have to check it out.

@Jimmianne, how nice the stones are tanzanite, such a vibrant and rich color. I'm so sorry about your sweet doggies' procedures and I hope they heal quickly. Hugs, what a stressful thing for you and I'm so glad they are doing ok. Funny Norman Rockwell pic! Very happy to hear your spirits lifted as the day went by and you ended up enjoying your day. So exciting that a new setting for Mildred is in the works!

Marcy, sorry to hear your bed is too high and I hope you and Marty can figure out something. I'm feeling better about my hair, thanks for asking...either it's growing in a little or I'm getting used to it, probably a combination lol! I hope you had a wonderful time at your friend's house. Lol to the meme - I can relate, totally stuffed but just had to have a few more bites of pumpkin pie. :mrgreen2:

AV, you have lived in some interesting places and you must have had some great experiences! I'm glad you feel settled and at home in Granada.

Had a nice time with my bil, sil, and nephew - everything turned out ok and everybody seemed to have fun. Long day though, and I'm looking forward to going to bed!

Hope everyone had a great day!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy Black Friday girls!

@junebug17 glad you had a lovely time with your BIL, SIL and nephew. I am sure they had a wonderful time as well. Yes it can be a long exhausting day but I have to say not hosting it yesterday made a huge difference. It was easy breezy for us as guests 8-) and I didn't hate it. :lol: But I don't know how my mom did it at her age and with all she's dealing with health wise herself. We are from strong stock mentally I think because certainly not physically lol. Thank you for your always kind and generous comments. Hope you enjoy a nice long holiday weekend..any shopping plans? I am not even tempted but definitely will be checking it out online at least...(((Hugs))).

@AV_ awww you are too kind and thank you hahaha. Sisters indeed. I will share a photo of my dear sister below...I took this (sorry for the extreme closeup as I was attempting to photograph the earrings I just gave her as a present but didn't realize how extreme the close up was lol).

You have traveled a lot and it sounds exciting and adventurous and glad you love where you are living now. Are you planning on staying there or are there other destinations you are thinking about? The Chelsea Physic Garden looks so lovely, thank you for sharing the link.

@marcy this is the first Thanksgiving I can remember where I didn't feel overly stuffed but perhaps it is because I couldn't share in the enjoyment of the desserts this year...I have to say I feel much better this AM than usual post Thanksgiving mornings...:lol: Greg's pumpkin pie did not turn out well but it was only his first attempt with dairy and gluten free pie so perhaps next time...I feel badly as he worked on it but I think the recipe was not a good one. That's the trick. Finding recipes that you can trust. Usually he uses Cook's Illustrated for new recipes but CI did not have an AIP recipe for Pumpkin Pie only a Paleo free recipe so he couldn't use that one. But everything else was yummy and I did not go hungry. I would gladly give you the cheesecake with the cherries on top...incentive to visit perhaps?8)

Hope you had a wonderful time with your friends yesterday. What did you purchase online? Yay for sleeping in till 7AM. Cannot remember the last time I was able to sleep that late lol. Hahaha love that cartoon and ditto. No matter how full I am if there is dessert (that I can eat) I can make room for it but I have a big appetite anyway and do enjoy eating very much. Hope it was a yummy day for you. Any online or offline shopping plans for today?

@Austina great minds think alike as that is what Greg ordered the other day when my earrings arrived. I will let you know how it goes...hope he doesn't break them. Thank you for the lovely earring compliment. They are so pretty IRL and if they are shortened they will be perfect.

I don't think we ever saw "Same Kind of Different" and will check it out. We like both those actors. Thanks for the rec.

Yay for depositing that check.
Glad it is staying bright and dry by you and we have the cold in common because it is freezing here...temps were in the 20s all day yesterday. Luckily we were inside for most of the day and just had to get in and out of the car and were outside for just a minute each time. I of course in my wisdom wore a short leather jacket haha but in my defense we were inside most of the day and I don't like sitting in my winter coat in the car generally.

Greg's cooking was delicious but for the pumpkin pie...see my explanation above to Ms Marcy...no one went hungry though haha. My sister brought Apple pie and my mom made a different sort of apple pie with pecans, spices etc. And she also had these chocolate covered graham cracker stars...that looked very yummy. I didn't taste any desserts (but Greg's gluten and dairy free pumpkin pie) so can't say how they were but everyone said they were good.

@Jimmianne aww I wish you were here with us and I'm glad you still had a nice day. Sometimes quiet is best and believe me I generally prefer not being around a lot of hustle and bustle even with my family who I love. It can be too much excitement for this old girl's (me) heart. How glamorous and perfectly Jimmianne to go to Walmart wearing lipstick and beautiful bling from the Brooklyn Museum. If I were there I would have joined you with my bling too and some lip gloss. :bigsmile: Yay for Mildred's setting coming along. I am super excited for you dear Jimmianne.

Woohoo for your early holiday gifts to yourself arriving...care to share? I shared my holiday gift to myself...in fact I will share a video I took yesterday AM. I am enjoying the chunkalicous nature of these earrings. They are delightful.

Hahaha yes I won't tell her about the jeans but I will say she is mature and wise beyond her years...and yesterday her leggings reminded me of my black and white leggings :P2 so maybe we dress young and she is dressing age appropriate but I am not changing the way I dress. No way no how. I did a split screen showing how much my older niece (12 going on 13 in a few months) has grown. Wow. I wore the same dress because I wanted to take a comparison photo. I did not even attempt lifting her yesterday because I have a feeling she weighs more than I could ever lift. LOL. I think she is going to be very very tall as she is almost my height now and she is only 12 years old. :o

Screen Shot 2018-11-23 at 6.26.51 AM.png

My sister wearing the new earrings I just bought her.

Screen Shot 2018-11-23 at 6.29.55 AM.png

@Tekate hope you are enjoying a fun filled time with your family and feeling good. (((Hugs))).

@Sandeek thinking of you and hoping you are having a great time with your loved ones this holiday. XO.

Couple more photos from the day yesterday. When we first arrived at my parents house. My mom put Greg to work right after this photo as he was the one in charge of cooking my wild salmon. LOL no complaints from me. He is the best chef I know.:sun:

Screen Shot 2018-11-23 at 6.33.22 AM.png

While Greg was grilling my salmon I got a photo with my nieces. As you can see I still have my jacket on as when we got there lots of excitement. It had been too many months since I saw my nieces. Time goes so fast before you know it 5 months have zoomed by and you're like what the heck happened to the summer and fall?
Screen Shot 2018-11-23 at 6.34.51 AM.png

The (overly) zealous Zena Warrior Princess. Getting her to calm down is challenging.:cheeky:

Screen Shot 2018-11-23 at 6.36.04 AM.png

Greg and our youngest niece. OTOH she is very petite for her age...she will be 11 in a few months.

Screen Shot 2018-11-23 at 6.38.36 AM.png

and of course haha couldn't resist a candid kissing photo....thanks mom.:kiss::lol:

Screen Shot 2018-11-23 at 6.39.07 AM.png

Lots of love happening all around us.

Screen Shot 2018-11-23 at 6.43.05 AM.png

And cannot leave my parents out. G-d bless them. My dad is really getting up there in age as is my mom though she is 9 years younger. Happily married 55 years next month.

momanddadthanksgiving2018.jpg.png

Might have a few more pics to share but before I lose this post I am going to hit send. PS has burned me before that way:wink2:.

Have a wonderful day girls and please share any of your shopping plans for this crazy shopping day after Thanksgiving. May all your purchases be beautiful and shiny and bring you joy. And stay warm and cozy and comfy. (((HUGS))).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK so my parents also rescue cats and do TNR and feed the ferals. And find homes for the ones who are not feral. And somehow end up adopting the cats they cannot find homes for who aren't truly feral. I think they have 7 house cats now. LOLOL. Anyway I did get to say hi to a few of them. Zoe and Bo and JJ and Simon (who is very very old and not doing well sadly...I fear this is his last month on earth :cry2:) but didn't see the others who stayed hidden. Here's a photo of Bo.

Screen Shot 2018-11-23 at 6.56.11 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-23 at 6.56.38 AM.png

and a (very true) mug that I love. LOL. My parents get the best mugs.

Screen Shot 2018-11-23 at 6.57.38 AM.png

and lastly (haha I promise last photo for now at least...) An earring shot in the car heading to the Thanksgiving day feast.
It is challenging to get a selfie of the dangles. This is the first pair the designer ever made that articulates (due to my request). I don't think it will be the last one she makes that articulates because while the articulation makes it more difficult to get photos it makes for (IMO) a prettier earring. Wait till these are shorter and dangle just below the lobe. I bet it will be a whole different look.

georgiandangles.jpeg.png

Thank you for indulging me girls and looking at all the photos I have shared with you and I hope you enjoyed some of them at least. :P2
Sending you and your families warm (((HUGS))) and lots of happy healthy and peaceful holiday wishes. XOXO.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-11-23 at 6.38.36 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-23 at 6.38.36 AM.png
    706.2 KB · Views: 14

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s

Austina, I think the high beds are a bit ridiculous. I stopped at my second glass of wine last night thinking I would kill myself getting in or out of our bed. Probably not a bad call anyway. I’ll watch for that movie. We are watching the Tiger Woods / Phil Mickelson match right now. We were going to watch a Dennis Miller PPV later today. I haven’t checked movies yet. I want to watch Incredibles 2.

AV, that is a pretty garden you visit in London. Home is where the heart is; right?

Junebug, are you and your DH watching Phil and Tiger play? That’s great you are getting used to your hair being shorter. I am glad you had a nice day with your family yesterday and I hope you slept well after a busy day.

Missy, I do believe those desserts just fill the edges in your stomach and then you are stuffed. Darn that Greg’s pie didn’t turn out to be completely delicious. Finding those gluten free recipes that are really good would probably be challenging. I bought some gift cards, truffles to send my aunt and uncle, pot holders for Christmas, and a set of stainless steel flatware for Christmas. We have sets of silverware upstairs and in the man cave so dig out my grandmother’s silver at Christmas and they need a serious polishing so I decided to get another set we can use at Christmas. Your earrings look gorgeous. You have a lovely family; I enjoyed all of your pictures. That is awesome your parents have been married 55 years. And of course the cute kitties are always a welcome sight.

Jimmianne, how are you today? I saw you listed some stuff on LT. Ooh. Good luck with that.

Not much going on here today. Windy as heck. We slept in, logged in to Marty’s new employer (remember his current company now owns 49% of his department and another one owns 51%) intranet and signed up for our benefits. No changes from his current job at all. We were looking around and setting up his 401K, direct deposit, etc and found they by default set him up with Georgia state tax and since we don’t live in Georgia we don’t have to pay those taxes. He will have to call them on Monday.

I was going to start Christmas cookies today but I get splits on my fingers from dry sky and I’ve got a 1/2 inch one on my thumb so I am not risking touching someone’s food today with that.

At my friend’s house last night one of the little girls who is 4 was playing with her 10 year old cousin. The older girl was trying to get her to come over and play a game with her and the 4 year old said “Lame.”. I was on the floor over that one. I looked at her mom and said I wonder where she gets that from?

We ordered pizza for lunch. It’s too windy to venture out for food. Ha!

Take care.
Marcy

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, I sold two items already.
I am going to go upstairs and measure the height of my bed to figure out how much wine I can drink tonight.
I have a tall bed. Does that mean I can drink more? Or do I have that backwards :lol-2:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol: Jimmianne. Good idea to decide how much wine you can drink and still safely get in to bed. I think ours comes in at 32 inches off the ground. Sweet you have sold 2 things already.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marty put one of the leafs from our little oak table from downstairs under our bed; it works to give me a few more inches to get in to bed; now I'll worry about hitting it crawling in to bed in the middle of the night. Our bedroom furniture other than the bed were hand me downs from the in-laws and are not very nice so I decided this is silly. I just went downstairs and asked Marty if we could go buy a new bedroom set tomorrow. Shopping is on! We have 2 local furniture stores, one has low end furniture and the other store has really nice furniture but very pricey. If we were buying a car, a diamond or a sapphire - would we settle? Um no. Wish me LUCK!

My MIL put scented contact paper in the bottoms of her dresser and night stand and to this day I can't get rid of that smell. I don't even use the dresser because of that.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And I am making Marty measure this time

AV_

Ideal_Rock
First things first,
@marcy @Jimmianne @Austina You sure got me laughing out loud first thing in the morning! Yes, I remember some East Coast beds WWW. I never quite wished to know what was piled up that high. I'm with you: who knows what I might be up to while asleep...

_

@AV_
Are you planning on staying there or are there other destinations you are thinking about?

I so wish to not leave, it hurts to think about it.

I am a house mouse: I am not as much travelling as changing burrows... - by now I have my list of familiar places to go in too many cities. I know how each hop was inescapable, but even counting the steps is not a happy thought. Getting into science this LATE in life is being Home... [just caught myself thinking that yes, I will need to travel again & again & again... - 'guess this is just Home, not Heaven on Earth]

off to town; the rains have stopped yesterday

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
« I am a house mouse: I am not as much travelling as changing burrows... «

AV, Well said! I was beginning to imagine I might be an adventurous world traveller, but then realized I was trading one comfy bed with near-by coffee maker, ipad & books for another lol

Reporting that my little dogs are doing so well! Monet, the old guy, had been acting very old...it was his bad teeth! He is now prancing around with his tail wagging in the air for the first time in a long time. If only they couid talk....

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy Caturday Saturday.
Starting with the sad news...Simon died yesterday morning. Not surprising but still very sad. My mom loved him dearly and despite his advanced age (we aren't sure as he was rescued by my parents when he was already an adult but best educated guess around 19 or so) is mourning his loss as we all are but she is taking it hardest. He is at peace now though and I am thankful for that.

@Jimmianne Yay, so happy your sweet pups are doing well! That is great news and thank you for letting us know.

Thank you so much for that lovely comment about my family. They are beautiful on the inside where we know it counts and in their day my parents were a very good looking couple IMO. I have shared this photo before but I love it and since their 55th wedding anniversary is rapidly approaching I will share it again.

momanddadweddingphotochristmasday1963.jpg

Yay for selling bling items already. Nice going Jimmianne.:appl:

@marcy wow tell Marty to get going on those steps for the bed. That is dangerous if you have to use the restroom in the middle of the night. Your new mattress is crazy high. Be careful. And yes measuring is good. Haha. Good luck if you buy a whole new bedroom set. It's a good time of year to do that. Lots of savings.
I hate scented/fragranced stuff and am right there with you re those sensitivities. I like what (smells) I like and what I don't like can make me sick.
LOL setting Marty up for taxes in Ga. Silly new employers. Hope all remains stable at his job and that he is happy there with the new owners.
Glad you enjoyed a lovely Thanksgiving at your friends house and their children sound adorable. Where do they get that vocabulary I wonder.:whistle:
Kids can be like parrots and sponges...one must be careful of what they say around them.:lol:

@AV_ yay glad the rains have stopped by you. And yes I get what you mean about being a house mouse. Catchy phrase too. I too like what I like and like @Jimmianne my creature comforts have been duplicated in both homes. Though these days I am not adventurous nor a traveler I had my moments and decades and have traveled many places. But I am a homebody at heart and just love staying put (in either home as that is enough excitement for me these days lol). Glad you have found that getting involved in science is like being home even at this stage. You are still young. And I am confident that new interests will involve your attention throughout your life. We never stop learning and hopefully never stop yearning to learn. I am a very curious person and while curiosity killed the cat this cat is still ticking.:P2

@Sandeek hope you are enjoying a quiet nice weekend and have lots of leftovers to eat. Yummm. Why do leftovers taste better than the original meal (to me at least). I love leftovers. Thinking of you and sending continued healing vibes your way.

@Tekate hope you had a wonderful time with your family and are continuing to enjoy a fun filled weekend. Hope your shoulder is behaving and that you are feeling strong and well.

Yesterday we braved the crowds and went to Costco and Trader Joe's but not in Brooklyn. Instead we drove to Queens hoping it would be less crazy. It was still pretty crowded but we were efficient and bought what we needed at both places and were back home in a few hours. A productive day. Greg is headed to the beach this AM as he has to fill the feral feeders and also work on the automated system for the cats. Hopefully he can accomplish much today and he is planning on returning here in the early afternoon so we can have a nice day together. Weather is milder today and though rain is heading our way tonight and tomorrow AM it is supposed to be a relatively nice weekend with mostly dry (after the rain) conditions and warmer temps.

Have a wonderful day girls! XO.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday lovely NIRDIS

Goodness me @missy , your sister is the spitting image of your Mum! It always makes me happy to hear that couples are still happily married after all these years. Wow, 55 years together, what an achievement. I hope Colin and I make it to 55 years, and hopefully even more, I can’t believe that 40 years together has gone by so quickly.

Your nieces are sprouting up like weeds! I’m sure next years photos will see them looking down on you. I know you’re having issues with your hair, but I have to say, in the photos, it’s looking great, and the earrings really suit you.

Lovely to see all your photos, and to see all the kids, cats and kisses :D

I was born near Chelsea @AV_ and lived in the area till I was 11, but I’ve never visited those gardens!

Glad you enjoyed your thanksgiving with the family @junebug17 . I’m glad we don’t have the holiday here because I certainly don’t need any more excuses to eat too much :lol:

Yay to shopping for a new bedroom set @marcy, hopefully one with a lower bed platform so you don’t need your climbing boots to get into :mrgreen: Do you have any specific style in mind? Glad you got Marty’s 401K sorted out, who needs to pay more taxes?:shock:

Maybe you need a mini trampoline by the side of the bed @Jimmianne, then when you’ve had the extra glass of wine, you can bounce into bed :lol: Ooooo, what goodies have you sold?

We went to a quiz night yesterday, with our friends Sue & Rob. We didn’t win, but we didn’t disgrace ourselves either :mrgreen2:

We’re out tonight, going to a friends for dinner, and tomorrow I’m doing a homecheck for SOFA, Spinoni overseas for adoption. There are 4 Schnauzer/Spinone in Italy needing homes, 2 boys and 2 girls, and if the couple I’m visiting tomorrow work out, they’re having one of the boys, the one in the right.

9E21169E-7438-4E90-A1A8-A05A0E5BA38A.jpeg

Have a great weekend :wavey:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Gosh Missy - your family is beautiful, radiating love.. so it's not surprising at all that you do too! love the pictures, just love them.. I didn't take one pix, but others did so when they drift my way I will post some! I cooooookkkkkkked! and cooked. :) god Missy your new earrings are perfect.. so beautiful... so like you! Your nieces are getting big, they are your clones BTW! And Greg, he's such a lovely guy Missy, you both are so lucky to have found each other in our crazy world.. I love hearing about him and how he loves the cats too!!!

I am so sorry about Simon Missy... it's always always heartbreaking when a furbaby dies.. :(

I had a wonderful time with the family Missy, thank you so much for asking. My granddaughter's name will be Autumn Marie... not my fav, but you know what? it's beautiful and if they like it then I like it.. my son Mike told me first River but River was replaced with Autumn, sounds better with our last name, so I said "Michael it's lovely" and Mike says "Mom, you'll get to like it!" Hahahaha my 31 yr old kid knows me, girl I tried to be efferescent! I blew it... but it's coming along nicely as the days progressed..

@Jimmianne sooo the rodents are gone! what a great story... they love to nest which means they will chew any damn thing up and get leaves etc... but they are cute! ;-) That fish picture is awesome.. I love it! Glad you are home Jimmianne.. So glad to read Monet is doing better, I love the name! I love Monet. Glad you sold some jewelry Jimmianne, lol my bed is a 2 martini bed.. that's my limit in the old days!

@marcy HI ! Marcy, my shoulder feels like 60% better I mean seriously I could live with this but I know it won't last but I enjoy it now! Jury duty!! I hate it, I always end up being let go - not that I want to sit on a trial mind you but it would be exciting! hope you don't have to become impaneled UNLESS it's a juicy trial! Cheesecake and compote? dang be over soon.. I LOVE cheesecake. Great husband too!

@Austina how's your weather? we were - no lie - 7F degrees yesterday morning! today we have made it to 31F!!! heat wave girl... !!

@junebug17 how are you? so happy to read you had a great holiday with your family June..

@Sandeek I look forward to reading about your surgery and how it will assist in your healing.. you have had a crappy road this past year :(

@AV_ I love reading your stories! keep posting them, travelling is so much fun.. I'm getting too old for it, but I love reading others thoughts! so you are a house mouse!! I love that, I used to say I was a homebody, even though I like to travel, the best times were always in my back yard!

well I"m off to make a turkey pot pie for dinner!

bbiab

Kate

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kate, i don’t know if the mice are gone or just hiding. Lol
Good for you, coooooooking!
And you made me laugh... no, we cannot fool our kids. Mine swears she feels psychic vibes even if I don’t say a thing.
Autumn Marie has a nice flow to it.
I love it.
You could tell him you really like *old fashioned* names like River and Autumn. At least that would get MY kid thinking hard lol
Whatever the name, you will be the dear baby’s grandKate!

I am off to clean the airbnb...half hour drive. Grey and rainy. But above freezing, so can’t complain. Missy? What is the temp there this afternoon???

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Jimmianne.. I hope the mice are gone :)

You know, I want them to name her what they want.. I worked with a class A bitch and she spent 12 years telling me why she should have named her daughter Autumn instead of Leslie..I think this influenced me!!

Cleaning?! my second fav thing after cooking ;-)

Kate

Hi Kate, i don’t know if the mice are gone or just hiding. Lol
Good for you, coooooooking!
And you made me laugh... no, we cannot fool our kids. Mine swears she feels psychic vibes even if I don’t say a thing.
Autumn Marie has a nice flow to it.
I love it.
You could tell him you really like *old fashioned* names like River and Autumn. At least that would get MY kid thinking hard lol
Whatever the name, you will be the dear baby’s grandKate!

I am off to clean the airbnb...half hour drive. Grey and rainy. But above freezing, so can’t complain. Missy? What is the temp there this afternoon???

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

AV, i am so glad you had a good laugh first thing this morning. That is a great way to start your day! Like you say; who knows what we do while we are asleep. Heck if you are levitating it’s safer to start from a lower bed. Glad to hear the rains have stopped. We are still horribly windy and snowy here.

Jimmianne, I am delighted to hear your dogs are doing well and Monet have really perked up. That is awesome. i totally checked out your bands but I wear 6 to 7 on my left hand. Darn. I totally chucked at the mice just hiding from you.

Missy, I am so sorry to hear about Simon. Hugs to all of you. Love the picture of your parents on their wedding day. I do see where you are definitely related to your mother. i think my favorite scent is vanilla; it doesn’t bother me. Most floral scents really bug me. I just try to buy everything unscented which probably makes me more sensitive to something with a strong scent. Good deal the stores weren’t too crowded. I hope you and Greg enjoy the weekend.

Austina, I would say my specific style in bedroom furniture shopping was a lower bed. Real picky, eh? That’s always good not to embarrass yourself at a quiz. I am full of all sorts of useless knowledge that I dig out during Trivial Pursuit. When it comes to games I am more lucky that good. Cute pups; I hope your friends adopts one.

Kate, too funny your son knows you so well. Autumn will be perfect and wrap you around her little finger. I am glad to hear your shoulder is better. I hope it lasts. I swear I have spells where I go through a lot of aspercreme; it does help my knees be more tolerable. I’d rather get picked for a trial because i think you can opt out then the rest of the session. I think it would be interesting. Come on over; cheesecake is tasty all right. Mm to turkey pot pie.

Sharon, thank you for the link. Those earrings would be perfect.

I am with many of your ladies; I am a house mouse. I like being home and comfy.

Well, our new mattress has turned out to be costly and a lot of work for Marty. We did go to the cheap, everything on sale store first and found it to be complete crap. Hardly any wood, think drawers with the front stapled on them but reasonably priced. We then headed to the other store. They are only selling American made furniture now so the only wooden furniture they have is Amish. Gorgeous stuff but you aren’t going to find bargains. We ended up ordering a 5 piece set. The bed, dresser with mirror, 2 night stands and a gentlemen’s chest. It will take about to 12 weeks to get made and delivered. I put 20% down to order and won’t be buying any sapphires for the foreseeable future. But we’ll have a nice bedroom set. Marty bought a metal bed frame and but some plywood to fit and put on mattress on that. PS dust please for that to work. He took our bed apart and put it in the garage. Hopefully I can sell it for a few $$ and put that towards my furniture funds. I told Marty coming home I sure have been expensive this year between windows and furniture.

We ate lunch out today and are expecting snow tonight.

Take care.
Marcy

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy 55 years of a good marriage! I can hardly imagine...
My grandparents had such lives, and I was too small to know much: I remember peace, countryside gardens (one a real farm, the other a townhouse with a large kitchen garden) & a thousand books (to put it mildly). That is to say, rather like a university library next to the botanical garden - that require upkeep, but let you sleep in too! (kidding) Not that I had expected to get a portable life! (as you put it, @Jimmianne)

I was born near Chelsea @AV_ and lived in the area till I was 11, but I’ve never visited those gardens!

The place is always deserted! (great thing, of course ,)

The equivalent in Granada is on my way often & sure gets me poking in - small & fantastic (many exotic trees are taller than the garden is wide). A very European king's backyard... - but local private gardens are beyond anything I know of anywhere & meant to be lived in (below)

@AV_ I love reading your stories! keep posting them, travelling is so much fun.. I'm getting too old for it, but I love reading others thoughts! so you are a house mouse!! I love that, I used to say I was a homebody, even though I like to travel, the best times were always in my back yard!

AMEN!

The word 'backyard' means allot here: the traditional townhosues are Moorish, with substantial walled gardens... (ahem!)

Thank you very much for the license to ramble on!

...the only wooden furniture they have is Amish. ... It will take about to 12 weeks to get made and delivered. ...
We are expecting snow tonight.

They still make things that way in the US!

(off to Google)

:::

Good to be here!

NIRDI, of course.

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@Tekate hello there and thank you for your effusive compliments. You're a generous sweet love. :kiss2:

Haha to your son being so perceptive and yes I believe he is right. Autumn Marie is a name that you will grow to love. How could you not? She will be your dearest darling delightful granddaughter. A joy in every way. And Autumn is a lovely name as is Marie. So much happiness and so many wonderful events to look forward to...I am thrilled for you dear Kate!

So pleased for you that your shoulder is feeling better and long may that continue.:pray:

@Austina love that photo of the beautiful dogs. Watched (part of) a dog show last night. Such magnificent animals. Though it bothers me a bit to put them on parade. Mixed feelings about that. Glad you enjoyed the quiz game with your friends and did not embarrass yourselves. Thank you for the lovely compliment. Yes my sister looks a lot like my mom did when she was younger and I look like my dad when he was younger though I didn't get his height but got lots of other characteristics including his sense of humor. Have fun at the home check. It's lovely that you volunteer for the Spinoni organization. Enjoy.

@Jimmianne it was in the high 40s here yesterday I believe. We took a nice long walk but it was chilly. Hope your mice are all gone. Voracious varmints verboten. How did it go cleaning the air BnB yesterday? How is your weather today? We are expecting temps in the 50s so yay for that though I don't think it will be very sunny.

@canuk-gal hello and happy weekend. Those are gorgeous earrings you linked from Oak Gem. Yes please.:love:
Hope you and your family are feeling well and enjoying what is left of this fall season.
I have not yet bought the Olang boots because I am concerned they might be too wide and not sure how much one can cinch them up around the calf. I might just go for it today though as I don't want them running out of the red Glamour I have my eye on in my size like last year when I ordered it and days later got an email they no longer had it in my size. Haha so much thinking about a relatively small purchase. Big purchases bam I decide so fast but the smaller ones omg I agonize sometimes.:lol:

@marcy thank you sweetie. Yes most floral scents bother me as well. I am a vanilla fan as you might remember. But not just any vanilla. I'm particular. Favorite vanilla perfume is Tihota (mainly winter) and Vanigila Del Madagascar (autumn and winter and spring) and Hermessence Vetiver Tonka (summer) depending on the season. And just before bed I spray a natural vanilla lavender perfume over the bed and it helps relax me and get me ready for sleeping. La Vanila.

Congratulations on your new to be 5 piece bedroom set. Sorry you couldn't find any sweet deals though but often we get what we are paying for and I hope this is just the right set for you and that you have many years of usefulness from it. And yes sending you lots of dust that the bed situation works out and Marty can make it perfect for you. I am confident he can. But sending you lots of good luck dust too. Sorry the windows and new furniture ended up costing so much and around the same time too (holiday time can be costly but not the way you wanted it to be) but it will all be worth it and you will be pleased ultimately. There is time for bling buying so don't despair or feel sad. And you never know what (happy) surprises might be just around the corner...hope you don't get too much snow.

@AV_ how lovely that your grandparents enjoyed such a long happy marriage and your description of peaceful countrysides and lots of books make me nostalgic. Lots of books in our childhood and lots of gardens too. Nice memories. And we have a gorgeous public garden right near us called the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens. Heaven on earth. Glad you are here.

@Sandeek just saying hi and happy Sunday to you dear Sandeek. Hope all is going smoothly. (((Hugs))).

Greg was successful with the continuing automated feral feeding station project and maybe one more visit to the beach house will allow him to complete the job. He is now building the new door. He took a video of how the automated door works. Let me see if I can link it here in the next post when I am done writing this post.

When he came back from the beach we went out and visited the rescues and also went to a few shops. Small business Saturday and we wanted to support our local small businesses which we did. Haha I am singlehandedly doing my part for consumerism.:lol: And of course I did some online shopping and got 7 tunic sweaters (hope they fit because they either will all fit or all not fit) and some new leggings plus some $300 worth lol) of supplements. Don't ask how many supplements I take now. It's like I am a thousand years old.:oops2: :cheeky:

The kittens were so stinking cute I was going out of my mind yesterday. So badly wanted to adopt them all. I feel like Greg would be willing to adopt if I pushed but I really cannot do that. IF we weren't heading back and forth every single weekend in the nicer weather I would 100% adopt another. But since we take all the cats back and forth it just doesn't make sense. 4 are enough to travel with every weekend. And anyway I wanted 2 kittens yesterday so that would make 6. :lol-2: But Stanley and Maggie OMG precious! But they all are. The snapple trio ridiculously adorable too. All of them. There were 10 kitties in all and 2 adult cats that no one (but us) were paying attention to. The sweet adult cats are still young too and technically kittens at 1 yo but much bigger than the 5 month old kittens also looking for homes. SO many homeless animals and so few people stepping up to the plate.:cry2:

rescuekitty.jpeg.png

rescuekittyresting.jpg.png

rescuekitties.jpg.png

Sun is out right now and temps are warming up. Have a wonderful Sunday girls!:wavey:

Attachments

• rescuekitty.jpg.png
    rescuekitty.jpg.png
    531.6 KB · Views: 12
  • rescuekitty.jpeg.png
    rescuekitty.jpeg.png
    437 KB · Views: 17
  • rescuekitty.jpg.png
    rescuekitty.jpg.png
    531.6 KB · Views: 14
  • rescuekitty.jpg.png
    rescuekitty.jpg.png