shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK just uploaded the video of the automated cat door that Greg is creating.

You're seeing the door moving up in the video via a wifi remote controlled linear actuator.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know you’re having issues with your hair, but I have to say, in the photos, it’s looking great, and the earrings really suit you.

@Austina thank you so much and I'm sorry I forgot to respond. Sometimes my brain works faster than I can write and by the time I am done responding to everyone I left things out that I wanted to say. So thank you for the lovely compliment. I always had very fine hair (ie thin) but lots of it. Nowadays my very fine hair is also becoming much less in volume but because I have wavy/curly hair (depending on the temp and humidity) it does help mask it a bit. Every day I am losing lots more than what is "normal" and it is becoming so much less in volume. But I am thankful it still seems to look OK for now. But if it continues like this I will start becoming bald for sure. I hope that doesn't happen as my features won't look attractive if I become bald. I don't have the face for that like some women do.

Took a quick pic for you just now. It's good for me to have a visual diary so I can see the hair loss as it progresses.:(
The hair cut I had last week helped clean up the dead ends so it did make a noticeable difference.

Screen Shot 2018-11-25 at 8.15.55 AM.png

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@marcy just a plain old thank you for all the kind words you have said to me at PS and here in NIRDI especially, I am grateful to you, truth, you are very kind.

I am sorry about Marty and am sending good, happy, loving, healing vibes, he did a boatful of work!

Sapphires! they will always be there :)

And snow? hope your snow was light!

We are getting rain for the next 3 days so I expect all my snow to be gone b4 Wed!..

have a wonderful week Marcy dear :)

Kate

Hi NIRDI’s!

AV, i am so glad you had a good laugh first thing this morning. That is a great way to start your day! Like you say; who knows what we do while we are asleep. Heck if you are levitating it’s safer to start from a lower bed. Glad to hear the rains have stopped. We are still horribly windy and snowy here.

Jimmianne, I am delighted to hear your dogs are doing well and Monet have really perked up. That is awesome. i totally checked out your bands but I wear 6 to 7 on my left hand. Darn. I totally chucked at the mice just hiding from you.

Missy, I am so sorry to hear about Simon. Hugs to all of you. Love the picture of your parents on their wedding day. I do see where you are definitely related to your mother. i think my favorite scent is vanilla; it doesn’t bother me. Most floral scents really bug me. I just try to buy everything unscented which probably makes me more sensitive to something with a strong scent. Good deal the stores weren’t too crowded. I hope you and Greg enjoy the weekend.

Austina, I would say my specific style in bedroom furniture shopping was a lower bed. Real picky, eh? That’s always good not to embarrass yourself at a quiz. I am full of all sorts of useless knowledge that I dig out during Trivial Pursuit. When it comes to games I am more lucky that good. Cute pups; I hope your friends adopts one.

Kate, too funny your son knows you so well. Autumn will be perfect and wrap you around her little finger. I am glad to hear your shoulder is better. I hope it lasts. I swear I have spells where I go through a lot of aspercreme; it does help my knees be more tolerable. I’d rather get picked for a trial because i think you can opt out then the rest of the session. I think it would be interesting. Come on over; cheesecake is tasty all right. Mm to turkey pot pie.

Sharon, thank you for the link. Those earrings would be perfect.

I am with many of your ladies; I am a house mouse. I like being home and comfy.

Well, our new mattress has turned out to be costly and a lot of work for Marty. We did go to the cheap, everything on sale store first and found it to be complete crap. Hardly any wood, think drawers with the front stapled on them but reasonably priced. We then headed to the other store. They are only selling American made furniture now so the only wooden furniture they have is Amish. Gorgeous stuff but you aren’t going to find bargains. We ended up ordering a 5 piece set. The bed, dresser with mirror, 2 night stands and a gentlemen’s chest. It will take about to 12 weeks to get made and delivered. I put 20% down to order and won’t be buying any sapphires for the foreseeable future. But we’ll have a nice bedroom set. Marty bought a metal bed frame and but some plywood to fit and put on mattress on that. PS dust please for that to work. He took our bed apart and put it in the garage. Hopefully I can sell it for a few $$ and put that towards my furniture funds. I told Marty coming home I sure have been expensive this year between windows and furniture.

We ate lunch out today and are expecting snow tonight.

Take care.
Marcy

Reactions: AV_

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AV_ I love your posts, you are so interesting.. have a good week !!!!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy that automated door is amazing!!!!! wow. Hey I'd love ya if you were bald and Greg, he'd not even notice. You are beautiful inside and out.. I would think tho Missy that the thyroid problem helps/adds to the hair loss, have you discussed it with you doc? (I'm sure you have but just checkin!).

Yes Autumn is already growing on me :) can't wait to see her.. my DIL will be 20 weeks this Thursday! yay.

Missy, I understand when you see all those little kittens, but your and Greg's actions on behalf of animals and cats is so much more than most people just remember you ARE DOING something, the kittens will find homes, and you and Greg will have helped that and helped the feral babies live. I love that.

Well off to grocery shop - amazing but i need MILK!!!

everyone have a great Sunday and a wonderful week.

Kate

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all!

@missy, really beautiful family pics! Everyone looks great and so happy to be together. Your nieces are precious. It's amazing how much your sister resembles your mother, they are both so beautiful. Bo is adorable! How wonderful your parents take care of the ferals and have given a home to so many kitties, I admire them so much for that. Love their wedding picture, and how romantic that they are still so in love. Your new earrings are stunning! :love: Love them so much. The pics of the rescue cats are so sweet, I can see how you'd be tempted to bring one (or two) home with you.

I am so sorry about Simon, and I hate hearing how upset your mother is - I'm sending lots of love and comfort to everyone,.

@marcy, I'm sorry to hear about your hands and I hope they heal soon...I empathize, that happens to my hands during really cold weather too and those splits can be very painful. How exciting that you bought a new bedroom set! Getting new furniture is so much fun, and the set you chose sounds really beautiful. Fingers crossed that Marty's idea works and you can get into bed easier. Glad you had a good time at your friend's house and lol to the little girl's comment - out of the mouths of babes :D

Oh yes, dh and I watched the Tiger and Phil match - it was fun watching two of the greats playing each other.

@Jimmianne, congrats on your sales! I'm thrilled to read that Monet feels so much better now, that news made my day.

@Austina, very nice that you got together with friends this weekend, sounds like fun. How wonderful that you are involved in SOFA and I am sending lots of good thoughts that the adoption works out. Those doggies are SO sweet! :love:

@Tekate, how funny your son was able to read your reaction - The same thing happens with my kids, they know us too well I guess! I love the name Autumn, I really do think it is lovely. And I LOVE Marie as a middle name, it's my dd's middle name as well. I'm glad your shoulder is feeling better and I really hope that shot lasts a long time for you.

@canuk-gal, those earrings are gorgeous! :love:

AV, I am not much of a traveler these days either...I spend my time between two places as well, and I feel at home in both. Recently though, the idea of visiting different places is starting to appeal to me so maybe my husband and I will become more adventurous!

Not much going on here...have spent a pleasant few days hanging out with dh. We started watching a show called Ozark and it's good, although kind of depressing and a bit strange in places. I really like Jason Bateman though, and Laura Linney is great as his wife. Today was quiet, just went to the gym and did some laundry. Dh is leaving for a trip tomorrow and will be back later in the week.

Have a great night everyone, will check in soon!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

AV, that is great to have beautiful gardens to enjoy.

Missy, my favorite are vanilla candles. That is awesome you have a scent that allows you to relax and fall asleep. With most things; you do get what you pay for; our spare bedrooms have a bedroom set that my parents bought when they got married (that would be been 70 years last summer) and they are still in great shape. They are solid wood and other than nicks and scrapes here and there there is nothing wrong with them. The new door looks like it will work great. Yay for supporting local small businesses yesterday. i hope you love your new tunics. Very cute kitties; sorry you couldn’t take them home.

Kate, you are very welcome and thank you for the kind words. I try to be kind and decent to people. Marty did a lot of work just to make me happy yesterday. He spoils me. We got a few inches of snow and it’s sunny today. I hope you don’t get a lot of rain. Did you pick up some groceries for me?

Our first night on our new bed was okay. I thought it was hard with the plywood underneath but Marty said he didn’t notice that. It’s certainly short enough for us. Our new bed will be about 2.5 inches higher which should be perfect for me. Our room is totally dark so I had to turn on night lights when I got up; I don’t want to hit something or trip.

I got our laundry done and finished the December newsletter.

Take care.
Marcy

Here is our old bed and new bed - note the mattress top compared to the night stand. I don't take a lot of time to make our bed. :lol:
beds.jpeg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Junebug, we were posting at the same time. I hate to hear you get those little splits in the winter too. I often spray an antiseptic on them because it seems like you hit them all the time. Being more adventuresome probably is a good idea; but I am slow to agree to travel as well. I want to go and see places but don't want to travel to get there. They need to get the Star Trek transporter system working. Beam me to Hawaii, Scottie!

I did watch Crazy Rich Asians today. It was good.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@marcy, I say to my dh all the time that if I could magically appear in a different location I'd gladly travel anywhere! Getting there is just such a production. The height of the bed looks good! You managed to get it quite a bit lower. I'm glad you were able to figure something out.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy
Lovely cats! Nice that they are getting their own customized robot-door ,)

@AV_ I love your posts, you are so interesting.. have a good week !!!!

Ha!.. I am about to submit ten years worth of work to a professor who says (kindly) that I am 'exotic'. He is smiling, and it is I who needs to play the higher stakes - not that I have a choice. Same for travel & loitering in public gardens much that I came to love them.
What do I know...

AV, I am not much of a traveler these days either...I spend my time between two places as well, and I feel at home in both. Recently though, the idea of visiting different places is starting to appeal to me

I am itching to buy a house in the countryside, dreading living in two places - something I have not quite seen done up close & personal. Will live to tell the tale, or so it seems!

If you want to come to Europe, I can tell tales of places.

AV, that is great to have beautiful gardens to enjoy.
Our first night on our new bed was okay. I thought it was hard with the plywood underneath but Marty said he didn’t notice that. It’s certainly short enough for us.
I got our laundry done and finished the December newsletter.

I need them gardens. At least until having mine - and after that even more, perhaps! I am astonished at how much happiness could possibly grow out of the dirt.
-
Short beds are a good thing?
-
Re. 'December newsletter': reading or writing one?
.·.

Looking forward, as the saying goes

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@junebug17 thank you. Glad you enjoyed a few quiet relaxing days. We saw Ozark too and enjoyed it. But we enjoy dark shows lol. I love Jason Bateman and Laura Linney too. Very talented actors. We just finished watching Jack Ryan last night and it was good. We watched it in 2 or 3 nights lol. It was bingeworthy.

Ooh where are you thinking of traveling Junie? How fun to be planning an adventure.:appl:
Safe travels to your dh. And sending you lots of warm loving hugs. Have a good Monday sweet Junie!

@Tekate thanks sweetie. Yes hoping it helps but right now it is a long shot as we don't think my eyebrow loss is from thyroid. Doesn't match the location and it is probably inflammatory alopecia. But thank you for your kind comments and yes I do think Greg will love me no matter if I am bald or not. LOL I bought a super expensive wig that I never wore since the day I bought it last spring. I had to have a backup plan just in case but I just don't know if I would really wear it but I guess maybe if I was bald I would...IDK. Anyway makes me feel calmer having it here just in case. I did buy 5 new hats yesterday lol. I am on a hat tear but supporting local businesses so all good right?

Photo of me in the wig when we bought it last spring...I still don't know if blondes have more fun since I have not worn it yet but I will let you know...:bigsmile:

Screen Shot 2018-11-26 at 8.24.13 AM.png

Wow 20 weeks for your DIL already. Time is going so fast. Exciting!!! Dear Autumn Marie will be here before you know it. And you know we will need plenty of photos pretty please.:love:

Thank you dear Kate for your always positive happy posts. They bring a smile to my face always. (((HUGS))).

@marcy aww I am so sorry about your fingers and I get it. Once the dry cold air comes in my fingers also crack. And keeping them well moisturized helps but only to a degree. Hope you heal fast and painlessly. Wow that mattress is high off the ground. Thanks for the photo...it really illustrates your dilemma and yes that is dangerous. Fingers crossed the solution works well. Haha yes we need that Star Trek transporter. I often say to Greg if only we could just beam ourselves up where we want to go or like Elizabeth Montgomery in Bewitched just blink my eyes and go where I wanted to. :kiss: :cheeky:
Nice you got your December newsletter finished already. That is sweet.

The only good thing about jury duty for you is no work mess today. Hoping jury duty is painless for you today. (((Hugs))).

@AV_ thank you. The cats are so freaking cute. Both the feral kitties and the rescue kitties looking for homes. We are up the wazoo with kitties hahaha.
LOL re your professor who says you are "exotic"...that is a compliment for sure. Hoping the 10 years of work you are submitting goes exactly how you want it to...good luck higher stakes indeed.

Oh a countryside house sounds lovely...something to aspire for and dream about and dreams do come true dear @AV_
Sending you warm thoughts and hugs.

Dear @Sandeek hope your week is going smoothly this Monday morning and hope you are feeling well. In my thoughts as always and good luck for your blingy purchases. Lots of blingy and healing dust coming your way. XOXO.

Have a wonderful Monday girls!:wavey:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AV_ They always referred to me as "wild" :) so I suppose we are friends! Basically AV we know it all and we know nothing, cliched perhaps but true. I'm going to Europe in 2 weeks as a matter of fact but it's a Viking cruise down the Danube to see Xmas markets, on my bucket my whole adult life.. my traveling is coming to an end I think - pretty much.. still have to go to Ireland, Scotland, Wales.. would love to see the pyramids, but hubster says: NO. Not been to China, no particular yen to but maybe, my bestie loves Hong Kong so it's on my bucket.. but basically I have segued into Grandma! Texas it is for me.

:)

@junebug17 Junie, last night I was just sitting in my old chair here noodlin' about the travel to Germany and back from Hungary (I think) and I got such a heavy feeling.. not sad, not disgust more like trauma! it's just a eff--g bitch traveling around the world.. I KNOW, first world problem and I gladly go but I'm so tired of the pat downs. double hip replacements set off alarms in Paris stores, (first world problem).. etc. I like to read! so I plan on traveling thru that :)

@marcy Bed sounds like it's working a bit? I have a great bed, I hate really soft mattresses, today most beds are the 'foamy' stuff and we dont need box springs anymore! but the mattresses are HEAVY.

@Jimmianne how is the ring design going? I live vicariousy through all the girls here! Your comments about telling my son I LOVE old names is a good one.. Altho Autumn is growing on me, my DIL loves anything to do with hippies and peace, love etc.. (my gen.).. so Autumn fits her mold, she wants an earthy name.. I love Eden but they both say it's too religious. Autumn it is till I hear otherwise and I love the name ;-)

@canuk-gal how's things and how are you!?? good I hope. how's the snow?

@Sandeek sending good vibes girl.. hope you are feeling okay..

@missy Hi girlie! (((Missy))) is your sister a lot older than you? her girls are beautiful and look just like you and your sister.. I love my nieces! they are like my kids to me. ETA: we were posting around the same time.. First that picture is gorgeous Missy.. you look beautiful! You got style you got class! and grace to quote the great Tom Jones!!! Hope you are feeling good Missy! Have a wonderful week dear girl :) ((MISSY))

@Austina the pups are gorgeous.. that picture is precious! how are you all in England? May seems to have some control and your exit from the EU looks much better I must say!

Hope everyone has a super duper good week.. (how blase am I ha!).. wishing everyone safe travels and safe days. Getting in gear for the trip to Europe. ugh.

peace.

Kate

Last edited:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Tekate I imagine you will pass through Vienna - which I have not seen despite being a hop away (forshame!). Budapest ? Further down the Danube? (a few miles further you'd pass some 60km away from my mother's native village & a certain fishing spot I might have tried!)

Texas is exotic to me, of course .)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww thank you sweet Kate the Great @Tekate! You are such a love.:kiss2: Wish you were here so I could hug and kiss you in person...

For me the older I get the more I realize I really don't know it all and I don't know what I don't know...can be overwhelming at times. Ah the confidence of youth in terms of thinking one knows it all and that one is invincible. The naivety is both a blessing and not if you kwim. Sometimes ignorance is bliss though many times knowledge is power. Speaking of cliches.:lol:

To answer you question about my sister she is younger than me by 27 months. We are close in age and grew up being great friends too. I am very lucky to have her as my sister. And my nieces well they are (and I am biased I know) crazy intelligent and kind too. The older one B looks like I did when I was younger and the younger one A looks just like Debbie when she was young).

Every year or two (depending on the hair growth) my nieces donate their hair to locks of love (as just one example) and they know the meaning of giving to those who are in need. They are dear girls in every way. I am so glad you love your nieces as they are your own children and I saw that with your sweet Katie. How much you adore that lovely girl. I loved how much love there is all around you and your family.

Here is another photo...when Debbie and I were younger at the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens...Greg took this photo. It was when I was still blowing my hair straight.

missyanddebby.jpeg

and a photo of when we were very little. With our sweet sweet sweet boxer.

Screen Shot 2018-11-26 at 8.48.19 AM.png

@Tekate how is the snow situation by you? Has it stopped snowing? Are you warm and cozy I hope? Stay safe and enjoy a relaxing lovely day.

Texas is exotic to me, of course .)

Haha @AV_ we will have to ask @PierreBear about that...is all in the eye of the beholder and perspective is everything. :halo:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI NIRDIs! Here’s a drive-by post. Sorry in advance...
@missy wow! You look so young in that hair! I love it on you. You always look fabulous, but that pic is so beautiful of you! Your warm and caring character shows in your smile and eyes. =)2 Your husband is so handy! I can’t believe the things that man builds! I show my hubby his projects and he is impressed to. And I loved seeing your thanksgiving photos of your family. I hope you enjoyed your meal, even with the restrictions. I also think of you often and wonder how you are doing health wise. It certainly doesn’t get any easier the older we get. Stay warm and be well! :kiss2:
@Tekate hi! How are you feeling? Is your shoulder feeling any better? How about the jaw problems? I hope you are doing well on that front especially. I read in another thread that you grew up in upstate NY. How far upstate? Some people think an hour out of Manhattan is upstate when it is truly still downstate. Lol. Hope you are well and keeping warm too!
@marcy I hope work is going well. I cannot believe how early the snow has arrived here and I see you’ve had some too. Your new bed is lovely. I had a helluva time getting used to the height too! Have a great week!
Hi to all the NIRDIs. I hope your thanksgivings were blessed with good food and company. :kiss2:
I have my surgery on Monday....those two months flew by. I have a lot of anxiety about it. I’ll be in the hospital for a week...ICU for up to 48 hours to make sure the transplant takes, circulation wise. I’ll have a cast on the leg and my face will surely be sore and swollen...:confused2: I will be out of work until the new year as hopefully I’ll be walking somewhat by then. I hope the worst case scenarios the surgeons told me about do not come to pass. :(2
In the meantime, I ordered up an 8.5mm I/J AVR Moissanite from Jonathan.:dance: I figured it would give me something to play with, and planning the setting will keep my mind busy in a wonderful way while I recuperate.
Have a happy week ladies. I’ll check in with the AVR later this week. In the meantime, I would not mind some of your healing vibes for me on Monday morning. :kiss2: Thank you all for your support and acceptance.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NiRDI's!

Junebug, I know - getting places is such a production. I enjoy myself once I get places. Our temporary bed is quite a bit lower. Hopefully our 8-12 weeks goes by quickly.

AV, I like that you are exotic. Very cool! Gardens can be amazing and beautiful. Do you have a green thumb? My occasional success comes from Miracle Grow. I won't mind getting our new bed which should be a few inches higher but the bed we took apart was way too high for me.

Missy, I am glad you enjoyed Jack Ryan; I thought it was a good series. i do like you in your blonde wig. it doesn't look better or worse; just different. You are always pretty! I am with you - being able to travel like Bewitched would be the way to go. Wouldn't that be fun? Yes, that new mattress made our bed way too high. I'm not thrilled with the short frame but it will work until we get our furniture. Yes, a good moisturizer helps keep our hands from cracking in the winter. I loved it when we were in SC since I didn't have to use lotion at all. That is so awesome you are close to your sister and nieces. Love the pictures of you and your sister. You can tell you are sisters.

Kate, or should I say Wild Kate? My loves Hong Kong; he wants to go back there sometime. Traveling sure can be a hassle. The bed will work for us until we get our furniture. I liked our bed until we got the taller mattress. I totally should have measured the mattress when I got home the day we bought our mattress. Oh well, too late now. They said since it was a California King we couldn't return it. We get the platform beds too so we don't need box springs. Good luck getting ready for your trip.

Sandeek, good luck with your surgery on Monday. I'll be sending you PS dust everyday wishing you a speedy recovery. I haven't adjusted to our shorter temp bed but I guess I can get used to it for a few months.

I ended up being juror #4. That judge doesn't give many bathroom breaks either. They expect this trial will last 8 days. Marty dropped me off and picked me up. I guess I'll drive myself tomorrow and go a bit early.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@Sandeek I completely get the anxiety you are feeling about your upcoming surgery and my heart goes out to you. It is super scary but know you are going to be OK! This is the toughest part...waiting for and the day of the surgery. Once that is complete you are on the road to a full recovery and each day will become a tiny drop easier and before you know it this will all be past and you will be feeling strong and well. This will be a distant bad memory. I promise. This time right now is the hardest part. I hate that you are going through this and I am anxious for you too but I know you will get through it and be A OK like your old self (a newly improved old self).

Sending you so many healing vibes and good thoughts and lots and lots of love and warm hugs. I am thinking of you each and every day and will be doing so through your procedure and recovery as well. We are always here for you dear Sandeek.

And may I just join in your blingy excitement too...woohoo AVR from Jonathan! How exciting and blingtastic a project that is.:kiss2: Something to be looking forward to and a way to celebrate your recovery to come. No matter how you set the AVR it will be a gorgeous piece.:love:

Sending you buckets and buckets and buckets of healing dust and good luck for your surgery Monday and we are here for you and please when you can do check in and let us know how you are doing!

fairy%20dust.gif
fairy%20dust.gif
fairy%20dust.gif

@marcy arghhh nooo. I cannot believe you got picked for a case. I am so sorry. This is a concern of mine too. I have jury duty mid December and I just hope I am not called for a case. I need bathroom breaks often and will not be able to tolerate waiting nor will I be able to pay attention and focus as I have no attention span anymore. I blame my thyroid :P2 but it is impossible getting out of jury duty here I can share horror stories about that. So I will have to suck it up as I imagine you are doing right now. So sorry you are on a case for 8 days too.sad :(( The one bright spot is no work nonsense for those days...that has got to count for something right?

Hope the bed situation is improving and your new furniture cheers you up. And that your weather is calm and quiet.
We just watched a very good movie last night called Argo with Ben Affleck...I recommend it if you haven't seen it before. The movie is based on a true story about the 1979 Iranian hostage crisis.

Hi to everyone else...hope your week is going well. This afternoon Greg and I are meeting our friend M at the Met and seeing the Jewelry Exhibit @Tekate and her niece Katie saw when they were visiting NYC last month. Looking forward to it though it is freezing out so not looking forward to going outside lol. Cmon Spring...8)

Enjoy this Tuesday ladies and be well.:wavey:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
AV ... like that you are exotic. Very cool! Gardens can be amazing and beautiful. Do you have a green thumb?
-
I ended up being juror #4. That judge doesn't give many bathroom breaks either. They expect this trial will last 8 days. Marty dropped me off and picked me up. I guess I'll drive myself tomorrow and go a bit early.

Green Thumb - no. Possibly more experience growing things since I grew up with gardening folk. I have only realized how much there is to know once I got into following botanical garden people who learn their jobs over even more years than the usual PhD - and dismissed the finding as 'academic habits'. Yet, perhaps not... Then, moving from th north of Europe to the south, I am finding myself absurdly stumped infront of even the smallest gardening tasks: the seasons and the needs of plants are so different! (e.g. I sort of knew what to do to a lemmon tree because we had one growing indoors - a feat of my grandmother who had grown it from seed to fruiting) (rambling) I am wishing for a substantial garden, so I am learning the ropes from a good friend, owner of a teraced garden - as many here (set on the sides of narrow river gorges, where there is water year-round). (more rambling)

-

JURY DUTY!? I couldn't do that... ,(

All the best to whom ever reads these things!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I have my surgery on Monday....those two months flew by. I have a lot of anxiety about it. I’ll be in the hospital for a week...
-
I’ll check in with the AVR later this week. In the meantime, I would not mind some of your healing vibes for me on Monday morning.

Fingers crossed!

This is what AVR are for - in all seriousness.

Will be waiting for news.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Sandeek I grew up in Brewster NY, which WAS considered 'upstate' back then in the 50s and 60s! but you are right it's not really today as it's 50 minutes by train these days, but City Kids! as we called them who came up in the summers to the lakes around the area (Tonetta, Carmel, Mahopace) called us hicks and upstaters so I always thought of me as from upstate! :) OOOOH an AVR, I saw the moissanites at MrsB's party, I almost bought one but then I loved the Klass rings, torn, then I never heard from Klass, emailed them and they said it was ready, never heard from them again, I think it's okay because I'm not sure I even want it now... :) but an AVR moissanite is truly beautiful, I think it was a long time PSer who bought one, she doesn't come on much, little kids and life :) she had beautiful jewelry but I can't remember her name now hahaha.. you will love the stone! Great way to recuperate dear girl.. I think of you every day.. I am good, shoulder is alive and kicking an thank you for asking! we are having a wintry mix today, cold, sleet, snow and now RAIN.. it's great. Sandeek you believe in the healing powers of love? I do.. we all send you love here, if you are Hindu you know all will be fine, Christian, Jew, Muslim they all believe in goodness and love and I do too, I send you healing, caring vibes girl and believe in you and whatever you believe in (can be nothing, I'm an easy believer or non believer, I more believer in others).. so don't worry best you can.. read here! hang out here in HANGOUT! sending you caring loving vibes dear girl. (the mom in me just always comes out with everyone here :) )

@AV_ spending a day in Vienna and going to the opera at night. Looking forward to it! I think. Probably get caught in the worst blizzard in Europe's history (known that is ;-) ) hoping we have some fun.. apprehensive if a good word AV, I'm apprehensive about weather etc. gonna wear a mask on the plane - no shit - because I have aready had one big bronchitis thingy aready. enuf.

@marcy Marcy dear you can call me whatever you wish! I come for all names: mom, mrs B also, bitch, mommy, soon grandma!, Kate the Great, ForniKate (altho that one was from 40 years ago!) ha! so long ago.. soooo what kind of trial! 8 days? MURDER, Mayhem? Mundane? I would love to be on a trial! they never ever pick me.. :( but I keep on tryin! hope you are feeling great with the new mattress.. keep me informed of jury room antics!! (too old and tooo much tv I think I have ;-) )

@missy how are you doing you beautiful girl! have a great time at the MET! let me know what you think of the jewelry, it should not be too bad today as most tourista's may have returned to the places they are from (to quote Semisonic!).. but NYC is always busy.. love it there. sigh. How are you? how's the kittens? And dear girl I second your emotion! and thought! SPRING!!! xoxoxo..

to all my friends here, happy Tuesday girls!

Kate

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@AV_ spending a day in Vienna and going to the opera at night. Looking forward to it! I think. Probably get caught in the worst blizzard in Europe's history

THAT is a Tradition! (you are giving me ideas, for sure... opera night in Vienna! & the famously elegant after show pub hopping...)

No kidding about blizzards & airports: I got snowed into a plane more than once. A sort of adventure, if not what I had signed up for. ,(

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

A busy few days for us. The home visit went well, they’re experienced dog owners and keen to give Barney a home. I’ve made my report, so fingers crossed he’ll soon be here and on his way to them. The man works at https://www.syonpark.co.uk , they live across the road, so a lovely place to exercise. The Duke of Northumberland has a Spinone or two himself :lol:

Oh my, the kitties are too cute @missy, so hard to resist, but you have enough on your plate at the moment. :dance: kudos to Greg for sorting out the automatic door on the feeder, hopefully the food won’t get gobbled up by the raccoons anymore.

I’m not keen on the whole dog showing concept either. Hours and hours of travelling and hanging around, then to be poked and prodded for a few minutes, nah! Every owner goes home with the best dog, so what does a rosette prove?

It’s certainly an advantage having curly hair because it really does look very full in the photos, and you totally rock being a blond ;-)

Well you know @Tekate that there’s an Autumn in the royal family, so if it’s good enough for the Queen ........... :lol: I think it’s a pretty name, and some of things people call their children oy!

It’s been really cold here and today, it’s poured down, it’s horrible. How’s your shoulder feeling, hopefully still good from the injection?

Vienna is easy to get around, you”ll enjoy your visit there.

@Sandeek - I’ll have everything crossed for you on Monday, and be sending lots of positive and healing vibes across the ocean, that everything goes really well, and you’ll be on the road to a complete recovery. It’s only natural to be worried, but I’m sure your surgeon sees it as another day at the office, and you’ll breeze through it. Just remember to take it easy afterwards, and not expect too much of yourself. Any surgery is traumatic for your body, and you’ve already been through so much.

Looking forward to seeing what you do with your AVR, something positive for you to look forward to.

We travel mainly out of necessity @junebug17 (ok, the Caribbean cruises aren’t a necessity) but I’d love to just be beamed everywhere to save the hassle of getting to places. You know where we are if you visit the UK.

:lol: I wouldn’t say Texas is exotic @av- but it’s different! You know they have signs saying “Keep Austin Weird” :mrgreen2: I don’t think Austin is typically Texan from what we’ve seen, and I’ve seen weirder places.

Sorry you’ve been selected for a case @marcy, I hope it’s nothing gruesome or upsetting. Hopefully without the plywood underneath, the mattress won’t feel so hard and will be the perfect height when your new furniture arrives.

They certainly don’t make things to last these days, your spare bedroom set must be really good quality to still be going strong.

I do always strive to be kind to people, but some people make it hard sometimes :mrgreen:

Went to Costco today, spent a fortune, but hey ho, it’s only money.

Stay safe and warm :wavey:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Tekate In between classes but I had to comment. I grew up less than ten miles from you and actually still live two towns over from Brewster. Wow! Small world.
I will read more later ladies but thanks soooo much for the prayers!! Off to class. Xoxo

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:) well I am an old Brewsterite.. go back many generations, but most of them now are in St. Lawrence O'Toole cemetary ;-)

@Tekate In between classes but I had to comment. I grew up less than ten miles from you and actually still live two towns over from Brewster. Wow! Small world.
I will read more later ladies but thanks soooo much for the prayers!! Off to class. Xoxo

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls, hope everyone is well. Had a wonderful day yesterday but last night at 10PM we received tragic news. A very close and dear friend of ours was found dead in his apartment. The police were called and an autopsy is going to be performed. I could not sleep at all last night thinking of this profound loss. He was a good man. Smart, funny, witty, kind and generous. The world lost a special person yesterday. He had just turned 64 and was in good health. He probably either had an aneurysm or heart attack. RIP J.C.

I was awake all night and just cannot quiet my brain so I decided to come to PS. To share our grief with you girls and also to take my mind off it for a while. M and Greg and I went to the Met yesterday and saw the Delacroix exhibit and the Jewelry exhibit. I will post photos later when I am up to it.

@AV_ I hope you get that substantial garden you hope for...
Life is short. Seize the day. Grab the moment. Take joy where you can. Don't let anyone dull your sparkle. Cliches contain much meaning and after a loss one can think more clearly about what is important and what is not. Enjoy each moment of each day and allow yourself to do what gives you pleasure and joy. There is enough pain scattered throughout. Take happiness where you can find it.

@Austina glad that home visit went well. And thank you for the lovely compliment. I knew you would feel the same way about dog shows and such. Humans can be foolish and insensitive to others. I suppose it is one big reason I prefer (generally) animals to most humans. They are real and don't pretend. You know what you are getting with them and usually it is a bundle of furry love. How can that be wrong? Hugs to Dottie. And yay for spending money at Costco. My BIL always says "we are going broke saving money at Costco" 8)

@Tekate wish you were still here and could have met our friend M and enjoyed the show again but this time with us. It was WOW. Thanks for highly recommending it to us and though we were planning to see it anyway your recommendation gave me a sense of urgency to see it. Haha. And it was worth it. Great exhibit and I learned a lot from it. And going on a Tuesday was perfect. Not too crowded and allowed me to take photos. I was pleased we were allowed to take photos because the last jewelry exhibit there (the JAR exhibit which was totally awesome and amazbling) I surreptitiously took photos as we were not allowed. But I took for PS and think all who read that thread enjoyed the bling there. What we do for our jewels.

@Sandeek sending you continued good thoughts and healing dust and warm hugs. You're gonna be A OK and don't let any dark thoughts invade your head. I am here for you as are all the girls here and we are all sending out positive vibes. (((HUGS))).

So I shared the sad news with you all but please no need to comment or anything. I just wanted to get it out. Sorrow shared is sorrow halved. And the person I am the most sorry for is Jeff. He is gone and his life cut too short. We will miss him terribly but the real tragedy is he is gone and not here to see his son graduate from college and perhaps have a family and go on to do great things because he had his dad supporting and loving him for his whole life. That it an interesting story but for another day. Jeff was a very interesting and fascinating person. He will be sorely missed by all who knew and loved him.

I will be back later to post happy bling pics but in the meantime have a good Wednesday girls and remember live in the moment and rejoice where you can and cut out the noise and nonsense that is all around. Sending you all warm hugs and much love.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I posted a thread with photos from the Met exhibit but will share a few of my very favorites here with you girls. There were so many gorgeous pieces and I was in awe. It's funny how we haven't changed as much as you might think through the ages re jewelry and how we adorn ourselves...though many of the pieces were too big and heavy for me to personally wear. I appreciated every single one of them.

so just a few of my favorites...
ABB247C0-B279-4026-AD69-A50F1C84E7FF.jpeg 0B57789A-7200-49CE-9651-CF8B279A6E78.jpeg

5D00615F-4CD6-4397-9E60-6804674D1BE1.jpeg 51AACBCC-F7B2-4A78-9AF0-5CCAC1D277B8.jpeg

CE6EC3EC-D0E2-4E11-A224-A90FD194BFB5.jpeg 4A9EE570-CF78-4E4A-9CAF-350C75F567A3.jpeg

0B067B46-C0FA-499C-9B41-00A0823B9FBD.jpeg 17334FAC-0D7B-4656-84AA-77B097879CF6.jpeg

C884DE0D-3659-4972-99A4-3AFA2E8297A4.jpeg 884C2B3B-5965-4839-96F3-0753760E07F9.jpeg

and of course who doesn't love this...

DCA1DF7D-A220-4ED9-A039-A4E6CD8F0AA0.jpeg

True dat.

There were so many unbelievably breathtaking pieces this is just but a sample. I have many more favorites and truth be told I loved most of the pieces there. The one piece that was not my favorite was the "sperm" necklace lol. But I appreciate it for what it is. ;-)

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so sorry @missy, it’s never easy when someone dies unexpectedly, and your friend was no real age. The suddenness of it for those left behind, is often harder to bear because you didn’t get the chance to say goodbye. I try to reconcile the tragedy with the hope that it was quick and painless for them, and they didn’t suffer the agony of a protracted, painful illness. xxx

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so sorry @missy, it’s never easy when someone dies unexpectedly, and your friend was no real age. The suddenness of it for those left behind, is often harder to bear because you didn’t get the chance to say goodbye. I try to reconcile the tragedy with the hope that it was quick and painless for them, and they didn’t suffer the agony of a protracted, painful illness. xxx

Thanks @Austina, yes it is always that tug of war between quick and (hopefully) painless vs long drawn out but being able to say goodbye to everyone you love. IDK which is better. I guess for those left behind saying goodbye helps but for those who are gone quick and painless might be most merciful. I just don't know....my grandma died all of a sudden and I still ache with that memory of not being able to kiss her goodbye and tell her how much I love her. But for her perhaps it was the best way because she didn't suffer (hopefully). Life is so cruel and harsh. And I feel most sad for Jeff because his life was cut too short. The people he left behind will go on to live their lives and while missing him will be OK. But he is gone never to experience joy love or even sadness again... just nothingness. A black hole. And he was far too young.:(

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, I'm so very sorry about the loss of your friend. Such a shocking and painful thing. It's very sad that he was so young had a lot of life left to live. My heart goes out to his son. Sending lots of comfort and hugs to you and Greg, you have my deepest condolences. <3

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, I'm so very sorry about the loss of your friend. Such a shocking and painful thing. It's very sad that he was so young had a lot of life left to live. My heart goes out to his son. Sending lots of comfort and hugs to you and Greg, you have my deepest condolences. <3

Thank you Junie. He was so funny and smart. He always made you laugh no matter how you were feeling. He had a gift. Truly. I cannot begin to imagine what his son D is feeling or will be feeling when he finds out because as of last night he didn't know. He had just gone back to school as he was home for the long Thanksgiving weekend. I cannot imagine the horror. As I wrote we all will go on with our lives missing him and feeling sad but not being affected in reality to any great extent but feeling very sad. But yes D will be affected the most by this great loss. He is young and resilient but does one really ever recover from losing a parent especially at a young age? Sure he is a young adult but Jeff was so close with him and did so much with him. No I cannot bear to think of how D will take this awful news.:cry2: How horrible it is for his family but mainly for D :blackeye: because Jeff did not have much in the way of close family. It was always all about his son for Jeff and he was the best dad.

Thank you for letting me share this with all of you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results