shape
carat
color
clarity

Blinged out stranger catch your eye? Please! Deets!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just seeing this thread...

When I lived in NY, my local patisserie was the Patisserie Salzburg, in Rye. I was sitting there one day having a coffee, and the most beautiful Indian woman came in. She looked to be in her 30's. She was wearing the biggest diamond ring I've ever seen in real life. It was a three stone, and the center stone must have been 7 ct if it was a point. And...it had side stones - big side stones. I remember thinking "I'll never have a solitaire as big as her sides...."

As it turns out, I don't think that was strictly true. But those sides must have been 2 ct each. Her ring spilled over her finger and looked fabulous - one of those times when "but it's too big for your finger!" made no difference at all!

I've also seen Jon Weingarten's mother's 10 ct D colored mrb (known at GOG as 'the ice rink'. And when in Australia, I used to often go into a beautiful antique jewelry store. The owner wore a massive 12 ct rose cut in muted gold. Jaw-dropping.

But even so - it was the 3 stone that took it for sheer surface area and bling factor.

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@diamondseeker2006 @Phoenix @hathaloveI

Just had to resurrect this thread because I HAD to tell someone. BRANDED PIECE BLING SIGHTING. I saw a lady at my workout class yesterday that was wear a 20 MOTIF VINTAGE ALHAMBRA WHITE GOLD AND MOP NECKLACE. DOUBLED OVER.

That's not all. On her left arm she wore two full loves, one in YG and WG. Her studs looked to be AT LEAST 2 carats each. The only thing was she did not have a ginormous ering. In fact, no ering.

WAIT!!!!!

She brought her magenta Hermes bag (not a huge one, a smaller size) into the exercise room. She left it in a corner. The instructor asked her if she could leave it at the front desk.

OK. I will admit I took a spot next to her just to kinda stare at her bling. I was wearing my WG pave pendant with the turquoise butterfly, and my ering, very understated compared to her. But I had on some VCA so I was worthy to stand next to her. :lol:

It's been a long time since I've read about bling sightings. Hope to hear from everyone.
This made me LOL! Seriously, I cannot imagine wearing as much bling to the gym as that lady, but to each their own! I would be paranoid that I would damage something, especially in weights class... so paranoid in fact that my only bling at the gym is my original channel set wedding band, which is pretty much indestructible so it can stand up to a Les Mills class! (But to be fair, I work out at 5:30am, so I am pretty clumsy at that hour and not coordinated enough for bling until a few hours later!) But at the very least staring at other people's bling makes the lunge track slightly more palatable (but not much...)!

I have not had too many bling sightings lately... there is one woman who comes to RPM in what I would estimate to be a 5ct cushion and I catch a glance across the room every now and again during standing climbs. It makes the mountain track a lot more enjoyable! :lol:

Last edited:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just seeing this thread...

When I lived in NY, my local patisserie was the Patisserie Salzburg, in Rye. I was sitting there one day having a coffee, and the most beautiful Indian woman came in. She looked to be in her 30's. She was wearing the biggest diamond ring I've ever seen in real life. It was a three stone, and the center stone must have been 7 ct if it was a point. And...it had side stones - big side stones. I remember thinking "I'll never have a solitaire as big as her sides...."

As it turns out, I don't think that was strictly true. But those sides must have been 2 ct each. Her ring spilled over her finger and looked fabulous - one of those times when "but it's too big for your finger!" made no difference at all!

I've also seen Jon Weingarten's mother's 10 ct D colored mrb (known at GOG as 'the ice rink'. And when in Australia, I used to often go into a beautiful antique jewelry store. The owner wore a massive 12 ct rose cut in muted gold. Jaw-dropping.

But even so - it was the 3 stone that took it for sheer surface area and bling factor.

That is some serious bling. 10 carats? 2 carat side stones? I can't even...

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom - my soli at that point in time was 1.13ct, and her sides were considerably bigger than my ring. And blindingly white.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was at the dentist this morning and the receptionist had a lovely princess cut, around 1 ct. with pave band. She had lovely long fingers and a nice manicure job. It looked great, and the size was perfect on her finger.
So naturally, we talked bling!

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The most memorable waa long ago when I was getting my nails done. A woman was sitting by the nail dryer and she had the biggest RB solitaire I had ever seen. Gargantuan. I remember thinking it looked like a skating rink, you could do sit spins on it lol. She said it was 10 carats.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Mentioned elsewhere a few casual Alhambra sightings...

The great jewelry around is old school - no serious diamonds seen, but some nice colour including the most beautiful Pad! No more than 3cts, but such a colour that I did stalk & stare; classical setting with a rim of many diamonds.

Largest diamond in the wild ... - had to be in the US! Country life setting near Boston, some years ago. Pulling beets... EC, up to the knuckle long on an elegant, long-fingered hand. The owner did not seem to wear any other jewelry. There was more around on others, but, who even cared... We were all looking at the same hand all the time =)2

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom, glad you resurrected this fun thread!=)

I don't go out anywhere as much as I used to, so don't see that many boulders any more. But, I'll be going to a Cartier event next Friday, so shall report back.

I do see my friend with the 12ct MRB ering Or her 20ct (or 17ct? I forget) radiant cut ering and her 6ct each earrings on a fairly regular basis. She also wears a diamond pave Love and one of her very blingy watches, and always carries an Hermes (most often a crocodile one, one of her many). I'm trying to persuade her to buy the pave Alhambra bracelet, bc despite all her enormous bling, she has ZERO VCA!!:o

The Cartier Love is the most often-spotted designer item in this country - the YG no diamond classic version. I see it quite often, at the gym, my nail place, walking around. I also see a lot of erings and studs too . Now that I don't go to fancy events as much, these bling pieces are more modest, but most of the time very white and once I saw this woman wearing this beautiful pair of studs, which mesmerised me totally. I struck up a convo and tried to ask for deets but she wouldn't tell me, lol.

When I used to go to the gym at the American Club, I used to see a lot of blingy women hanging around there and I almost always wore my 4.6ctw BGD studs, one of my Cartier or VCA bracelets and my ering. I used to wear my ering until one day I hit it very hard against one of the bars. So from that day onwards, I took off my ering and put it in the locker til I was done with my weight-training session. And I almost always carry one of my Hermes Birkins or a Kelly. I find that I am the one that get looked at. But given all my health issues recently, I figure I might as well just enjoy all my luxuries, no point saving them for a special day.

I see more and more people with VCA now, the stone version, most often the MOP. Not sure if it's bc I am looking out for VCA more now.

Last edited:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was at the dentist this morning and the receptionist had a lovely princess cut, around 1 ct. with pave band. She had lovely long fingers and a nice manicure job. It looked great, and the size was perfect on her finger.
So naturally, we talked bling!

A nice manicure will do wonders right?

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The most memorable waa long ago when I was getting my nails done. A woman was sitting by the nail dryer and she had the biggest RB solitaire I had ever seen. Gargantuan. I remember thinking it looked like a skating rink, you could do sit spins on it lol. She said it was 10 carats.

I wonder if your 10ct ice rink lady was Jon from GOG’s mother??! @mrs-b

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wonder if your 10ct ice rink lady was Jon from GOG’s mother??! @mrs-b

Interesting thought. This was over 30 years ago and not on Long Island though.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom, glad you resurrected this fun thread!=)

I don't go out anywhere as much as I used to, so don't see that many boulders any more. But, I'll be going to a Cartier event next Friday, so shall report back.

I do see my friend with the 12ct MRB ering Or her 20ct (or 17ct? I forget) radiant cut ering and her 6ct each earrings on a fairly regular basis. She also wears a diamond pave Love and one of her very blingy watches, and always carries an Hermes (most often a crocodile one, one of her many). I'm trying to persuade her to buy the pave Alhambra bracelet, bc despite all her enormous bling, she has ZERO VCA!!:o

The Cartier Love is the most often-spotted designer item in this country - the YG no diamond classic version. I see it quite often, at the gym, my nail place, walking around. I also see a lot of erings and studs too . Now that I don't go to fancy events as much, these bling pieces are more modest, but most of the time very white and once I saw this woman wearing this beautiful pair of studs, which mesmerised me totally. I struck up a convo and tried to ask for deets but she wouldn't tell me, lol.

When I used to go to the gym at the American Club, I used to see a lot of blingy women hanging around there and I almost always wore my 4.6ctw BGD studs, one of my Cartier or VCA bracelets and my ering. I used to wear my ering until one day I hit it very hard against one of the bars. So from that day onwards, I took off my ering and put it in the locker til I was done with my weight-training session. And I almost always carry one of my Hermes Birkins or a Kelly. I find that I am the one that get looked at. But given all my health issues recently, I figure I might as well just enjoy all my luxuries, no point saving them for a special day.

I see more and more people with VCA now, the stone version, most often the MOP. Not sure if it's bc I am looking out for VCA more now.
Her bling is like Kardashian Hollywood style. Although I would probably stare more at Hermes bags since I never see those IRL outside of the store. If I had an Hermes bag I would probably never use it, put it behind a plexiglass box and not let people breathe too near it.:lol-2:

Your friend should consider the magic pave earrings as a starter. ;)2 If she does you have to take lots of pictures!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do serious bling checking, especially in airports when we travel.
At the Admiral's Club in Miami--a very tastefully dressed woman in her 50's. White skinny jeans with a black T and black cardi. Yellow gold 5 station VCA MOP Alhambra, black Goyard tote, LV wallet. Gold metallic drivers that may have been Tod's. Tasteful watch but I was not close enough to identify the brand, darnit.
2mm gold wedding band and no e-ring. I'm guessing she was not wearing it for travel.
Of course. She was dressing down for travel. You did a great job of catching everything else!:appl: Even the Tod’s which I seldom see anymore.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This made me LOL! Seriously, I cannot imagine wearing as much bling to the gym as that lady, but to each their own! I would be paranoid that I would damage something, especially in weights class... so paranoid in fact that my only bling at the gym is my original channel set wedding band, which is pretty much indestructible so it can stand up to a Les Mills class! (But to be fair, I work out at 5:30am, so I am pretty clumsy at that hour and not coordinated enough for bling until a few hours later!) But at the very least staring at other people's bling makes the lunge track slightly more palatable (but not much...)!

I have not had too many bling sightings lately... there is one woman who comes to RPM in what I would estimate to be a 5ct cushion and I catch a glance across the room every now and again during standing climbs. It makes the mountain track a lot more enjoyable! :lol:

Well if you start falling asleep in the dim light of the spin class, just look over at that 5 carats and that might wake you up! :lol:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mentioned elsewhere a few casual Alhambra sightings...

The great jewelry around is old school - no serious diamonds seen, but some nice colour including the most beautiful Pad! No more than 3cts, but such a colour that I did stalk & stare; classical setting with a rim of many diamonds.

Largest diamond in the wild ... - had to be in the US! Country life setting near Boston, some years ago. Pulling beets... EC, up to the knuckle long on an elegant, long-fingered hand. The owner did not seem to wear any other jewelry. There was more around on others, but, who even cared... We were all looking at the same hand all the time =)2
See? That’s fabulous. Bling and gardening. I can visualize that. I was at another garden where this lady in her seventies was wearing a fabulous tennis bracelet that was about six carats and she was walking around with her pruners, pulling weeds and handling dead limbs and branches with her bare hands with that amazing high colored tennis bracelet just dangling and waiting to be snagged on an errant limb. She didn’t notice a thing. Her garden was clearly her priority.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
See? That’s fabulous. Bling and gardening.

I am deeply convinced that this is what diamonds are for; evidence: flower & diamonds shots here - it looks like a local custom to me already.

(quirkily - I can see myself spending some days taking such pictures - of wild flowers studded with pearls & diamonds; the season will be just right in a couple of months - Got pearls. Need diamonds!)

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Her bling is like Kardashian Hollywood style. Although I would probably stare more at Hermes bags since I never see those IRL outside of the store. If I had an Hermes bag I would probably never use it, put it behind a plexiglass box and not let people breathe too near it.:lol-2:

Your friend should consider the magic pave earrings as a starter. ;)2 If she does you have to take lots of pictures!

My aunt has a Hermes collection. She also wears 2$ T-shirt’s and flip flops most of the time, buys her skin products from grocery stores, and is quite a character. She once got really drunk while I was visiting, told me I was her favorite niece for “making something of myself”, went to her bedroom and came out with a 24kt gold bangle that she gave to me. Super random. Reminds me I have to get it fixed!

I have about 3 fairly wealthy Asian aunties in China. No diamonds since their generation never really got into that. But plenty of designer jewelery and my one aunt’s jade collection is probably museum worthy. I used to be envious of my cousins cause they would get Chopard diamond watches or Cartier for Christmas when we were in our college years. But now that we’re way out of school, I’m less envious because there is not enough bling or swag in the WORLD that would make me willing to still be financially dependent on my parents and live under their management.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have no sightings to report that could beat any of yours..but I just had to say you guys are hysterical! I’ve been laughing reading all your posts..I’ll be on the lookout! :lol:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so glad this thread was resurrected!!

This sighting isn't "lately", but from my first job, fresh out of pharmacy school. I was working for a pharmacy located in Mountain Brook (probably the most affluent area in Birmingham... or even the state of AL, for that matter)... LOTS of old money.

We had this one little old lady who would come in every month to pick up her meds. I'd never really spoken with her, as we were usually busy, and she just received maintenance meds -- so no real counseling needed. She had to be in her 80's and was always dressed casually, mostly in khakis and some tailored shirt. She was the type who could dress down and still look like a million bucks. However, her hair was always wild! LOL

One day we were understaffed, so I went to the register to help ring her up. She was in her usual casual attire, complete with unruly hair. As she handed me her card to pay, I noticed that her hands looked a little dirty... weird. She was talking about gardening all morning, and asked that I not pay any attention to her hands. She spoke with the cutest Old Southern drawl. Well, I would've been able to go along with that, but then I saw this FREAKING MASSIVE EC RING set with tapered baguettes. It. Was. Huge. I have no clue how many carats it would've been, but it looked to be 12-14 mm long. It was super sparkly and blindingly white -- distracting, to say the least.

She seemed rather chatty and down-to-earth. I really wanted to talk to her about it, so I was trying to think of a way to bring it up without being rude or weird about it. I can't remember exactly what I said to her, but it was along the lines of, "...I just wanted to say that you have a beautiful ring..." She thanked me and motioned for me to come closer to her... she then leaned in, and in the most stern, hushed tone of voice said in a thick Southern accent, "Honey, I WORKED for this ring... That husband of mine is a doll, but he's just useless sometimes... good thing I love him dearly!" Then she smiled, winked at me playfully, and told me to have a nice day.

That was the only time I ever spoke with her and the last time I saw her, as I moved to another location about 3 months later... but it's been almost 15 years, and I'll NEVER forget that ring or how funny she was! I hope I'm like that when I'm 80 -- not giving a damn what anyone thinks... saying whatever I please... and, of course, rocking some serious bling! ;-)

Last edited:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I hope I'm like that when I'm 80

Count one nod from me.

It was my luck in life to be reised by such women. If anything, I am amassing proof of their wisdom - not that I need it...

rambling

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Count one nod from me.

It was my luck in life to be reised by such women. If anything, I am amassing proof of their wisdom - not that I need it...

rambling

Touche!! ;-)

Reactions: AV_

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@msop04 , LOL!!! What a funny story. Something tells me she would be full of fun life advice.

P

PierreBear

@diamondseeker2006 @Phoenix @hathalove

Just had to resurrect this thread because I HAD to tell someone. BRANDED PIECE BLING SIGHTING. I saw a lady at my workout class yesterday that was wear a 20 MOTIF VINTAGE ALHAMBRA WHITE GOLD AND MOP NECKLACE. DOUBLED OVER.

That's not all. On her left arm she wore two full loves, one in YG and WG. Her studs looked to be AT LEAST 2 carats each. The only thing was she did not have a ginormous ering. In fact, no ering.

WAIT!!!!!

She brought her magenta Hermes bag (not a huge one, a smaller size) into the exercise room. She left it in a corner. The instructor asked her if she could leave it at the front desk.

OK. I will admit I took a spot next to her just to kinda stare at her bling. I was wearing my WG pave pendant with the turquoise butterfly, and my ering, very understated compared to her. But I had on some VCA so I was worthy to stand next to her. :lol:

It's been a long time since I've read about bling sightings. Hope to hear from everyone.

haha I'm glad you brought back this read. what a fun read... but my question is where the heck do you work out and can I join to workout and look at bling?!!? Is this a national chain or a local gym?

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
haha I'm glad you brought back this read. what a fun read... but my question is where the heck do you work out and can I join to workout and look at bling?!!? Is this a national chain or a local gym?

God! Seriously!! No one wears that stuff at Planet Fitness! :lol:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
82F69899-28A8-4395-997D-17D7342BFAE6.jpeg
I found one! I saw a lady in the store today and noticed her ring right away..I made a beeline over to her and she just laughed because I wanted to get a closer look. I don’t see many rocks around here..Her ring was 3.25 ctw and it looked so huge next to mine. I asked her if I could take a picture..explained about Pricescope and she happily obliged! She said it was her mother-in-law’s ring..and that her sister in law didn’t want it as she didn’t care for jewelry so she lucked out! It was free!!! Can you imagine!?! The picture doesn’t do it justice because it was very sparkly! I know a lot of you guys have diamonds even bigger than hers but it was a treat for me! My Lentil is on the right!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a fun thread.

When I was 21 my dad got me a job cashiering at one of his friend’s Lexus dealerships. The GM’s wife came in to pick up her car one day and she had a huge MRB solitaire on; it must have been 5ct. The next time my dad came to visit me I told him about it and said “it was so big it must have been fake” (although my grandmother wore a 3ct, I had never seen any other bigger diamonds in real life, let alone a 5ct!). My dad just laughed and said “no, I’m sure it is very real” :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results