shape
carat
color
clarity

Blinged out stranger catch your eye? Please! Deets!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so glad this thread was resurrected!!

This sighting isn't "lately", but from my first job, fresh out of pharmacy school. I was working for a pharmacy located in Mountain Brook (probably the most affluent area in Birmingham... or even the state of AL, for that matter)... LOTS of old money.

We had this one little old lady who would come in every month to pick up her meds. I'd never really spoken with her, as we were usually busy, and she just received maintenance meds -- so no real counseling needed. She had to be in her 80's and was always dressed casually, mostly in khakis and some tailored shirt. She was the type who could dress down and still look like a million bucks. However, her hair was always wild! LOL

One day we were understaffed, so I went to the register to help ring her up. She was in her usual casual attire, complete with unruly hair. As she handed me her card to pay, I noticed that her hands looked a little dirty... weird. She was talking about gardening all morning, and asked that I not pay any attention to her hands. She spoke with the cutest Old Southern drawl. Well, I would've been able to go along with that, but then I saw this FREAKING MASSIVE EC RING set with tapered baguettes. It. Was. Huge. I have no clue how many carats it would've been, but it looked to be 12-14 mm long. It was super sparkly and blindingly white -- distracting, to say the least.

She seemed rather chatty and down-to-earth. I really wanted to talk to her about it, so I was trying to think of a way to bring it up without being rude or weird about it. I can't remember exactly what I said to her, but it was along the lines of, "...I just wanted to say that you have a beautiful ring..." She thanked me and motioned for me to come closer to her... she then leaned in, and in the most stern, hushed tone of voice said in a thick Southern accent, "Honey, I WORKED for this ring... That husband of mine is a doll, but he's just useless sometimes... good thing I love him dearly!" Then she smiled, winked at me playfully, and told me to have a nice day.

That was the only time I ever spoke with her and the last time I saw her, as I moved to another location about 3 months later... but it's been almost 15 years, and I'll NEVER forget that ring or how funny she was! I hope I'm like that when I'm 80 -- not giving a damn what anyone thinks... saying whatever I please... and, of course, rocking some serious bling! ;-)
Life well lived! LOVE this story. Thank you for sharing @msop04

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
haha I'm glad you brought back this read. what a fun read... but my question is where the heck do you work out and can I join to workout and look at bling?!!? Is this a national chain or a local gym?

:lol-2: It’s a barre studio. It’s national but not many studios around. It’s for ladies who don’t be like to sweat too much. I think they think I’m gross when I come in after a warm up run and drip near them.

facetgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Yesterday, during a Black Friday sale, I found myself in a conversation with a woman who was looking at at the same top as me, and as we were searching for a specific size she turned to me and I saw her beautiful studs and dbty necklace. Exquisite diamonds. I think her studs were about 2 cts each. Her dbty necklace was a shorter version - I'd say about 18inches and the diamonds were spectacular. Very classy. Lol made me think of this thread. And that there is a dbty necklace in my future.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I used to bling spot on the train to and from work each, occasionally I'd get to see something deliciously sparkly. Have seen a lot of very ugly rings too... :lol:

Once I was getting my nails done and a young woman sat next to me with TWO CANTURI rings, they are one of my favourite designers so I was in awe! I complimented her and she seemed surprised I knew what they were.

Lucky for me I have met a PS'er IRL (@BlingObsession) and she has an utterly divine jewellery collection :love: so I got to oggle her bling whenever we met. :dance:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha I'm more and more thinking I'm the "bling stranger" at work. I think because so many of my pieces are colored stones and/or atypical designs and not an ering, I get a lot of comments and questions about them. Most often by strangers in the elevators while we wait to get to our floors and the crazy spot lighting is doing making my bling super eye catching..

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha I'm more and more thinking I'm the "bling stranger" at work. I think because so many of my pieces are colored stones and/or atypical designs and not an ering, I get a lot of comments and questions about them. Most often by strangers in the elevators while we wait to get to our floors and the crazy spot lighting is doing making my bling super eye catching..

Love it!! YOU’RE the blinged ourt stranger. As appropriate with you fabulous rings @MakingTheGrade !

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results