shape
carat
color
clarity

Blinged out stranger catch your eye? Please! Deets!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix|1384665942|3557892 said:
I've seen so many really HUGE diamonds IRL b/c I go to fairs and auctions quite a bit! :twirl:

However, as far as large bling on an actual person, the largest I've even seen is prob a 25-30ct MRB on a tiny woman's hand at our Amer Club. That thing was soooooo HUUUUUGE it was eye-popping and all you could see was the ring and nothing else. So she may have had large earrings, bangles and an expensive watch on but all I could focus on was her ring. And she was a really good sports, she turned round when she caught me trying to catch a glimpse, so her ring was directly facing me. Actually, the club is a really good place to hang out and admire bling, I've often seen larger earrings about 4-6ct each, rings of easily 7-9ct. One woman had a beautiful large EC ring whilst she was just casually eating by the pool with her kids, and another had on what must have been antique b/c it was larger but warmer (like a yummy ivory) colour. :love: :love: :love: :love:

25-30?? That would be like a rock. Omg. Do these people have body guards?

I saw that super chic woman today at body pump. Of course, about 8 ctw on one finger (her standard ghetto gym bling), thrashed bright orange goyard gym bag, saw her bright orange Hermes wallet, and new VCA earrings!! I remember now, Alhambra! Beaded gold edge around mother of pearl. I kinda liked the black ones more... :lol: She is sooooo my role model!! I'm like her little fan club. She talked to me today. I felt so honored.. ;))

fioratura

Shiny_Rock
Trade
This is such a funny thread because this happens to me all the time...usually in the airport for some reason. I have to get better at being more subtle about it. Last time I flew between SFO and LGA I was seated next to a woman with an amazing 4 or 5 ct RB in a beautiful halo and on the way back to I saw this totally blinged out, very glamorous woman (late 20's early 30's) waiting in the terminal with jewels (and boots and coat) to die for. I snapped a picture of her beautiful bling because as they say, "take a picture, it'll last longer"...and I sent it to my husband ;-)

Tennis bracelet and a big and beautiful cushion E-ring. It was the whole outfit though. She had flair...maybe it's one of you guys? Do you recognize it?

you img_1381.jpg

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Lol, yeah. I live in the Detroit Metro area and go to school downtown... I see people blinged out to the max all the time. (Like, ridiculously so.)

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you all think all these diamonds are real? Somehow I am suspicious when people wear $150k of jewels to a weight lifting class -- which is about what a 7cttw three stone + a 2.5cttw five stone plus a 3ct pendant would cost. Or more. It just seems very unlikely to me that someone would risk that much bling at a class like that. Or on tbe bus. I mean, even the PSers with such amazing collections keep most of it in the vault and only wear a few key pieces!

I have nothing to report regarding bling. No one wears anything remotely eye catching where I live. And even when I travel for work I never see much that is worth a second look .

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
While waiting for my latte while out with the family one morning I saw a woman with the most beautiful wedding set- all yellow gold. Thick classic knife edge solitaire and with a large round brilliant and a matching thick plain gold band. She looked so elegant and all of the attention went to her gorgeous stone - I don't know the size but it was huge.

Harpertoo

Brilliant_Rock
I used to see some gorgeous, and very tasteful ring collections at a yoga class in Chevy Chase. Typically on some well put together older women. I was in the more frenzied camp of being happy to just get there on time....now I sadly see no bling at the gym. I do contribute my diamond Love, but no rings. I am not comfortable using weight machines or free weights with any rings.
But the gym is such a great place to observe!

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Honestly, I don't notice bling as much as I notice nice shoes and handbags. I can spot a Chanel or a pair of Christian Louboutins from across a room :lol: Occasionally, I will notice bling, but it typically has to be something pretty dynamic for me to take notice.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have seen several large diamonds, but the only one I ever got to actually dissect and try on was my old trainer's ring. She was a teeny tiny girl with finger that couldn't be much over size 4... I'm not quite sure what her husband did for a living, but I gathered that he came from a rather affluent family, and the couple ran around in some pretty impressive circles in Bham. She is also the personal trainer to Sara Evans (the country music star) -- their husbands are friends, so there's the connection, I believe.

Anyway, this thing was HUUUUUUUUGE! It was a MRB that had to be every bit of 12 mm, icy white (thinking E-F) and not a blemish to be seen! ...and she had it in a very delicate halo (because it needed it). :shifty: ;)) :lol: She wore it every day to the gym with no other jewelry except very simple 10 mm pearl studs, just like it was nothing. I finally got up the courage to ask her about it, and she just shrugged, took it off, and handed it to me -- I almost died!! It was HEAVY! 8) 8) I don't see her anymore, but I think about that ring ALL. THE. TIME. :halo:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
At the retail place I used to work, we had a regular customer with an awesome ring. This was a tiny little elderly lady wearing a huge diamond in a Tiffany setting. We became friends and of course, I asked all about the ring. She told me it was 3.5 carats, purchased in Germany during the 1960's. I spoke to her every chance I got, just to be near that thing.
She told me that she kept it clean and shiny by------get this-------scrubbing with baking soda and a toothbrush!!! I almost fainted when she said that. I havent seen her for a while, but I still worry about that gorgeous rock (and setting)being scraped to death with baking soda.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
stracci2000|1405459267|3713923 said:
At the retail place I used to work, we had a regular customer with an awesome ring. This was a tiny little elderly lady wearing a huge diamond in a Tiffany setting. We became friends and of course, I asked all about the ring. She told me it was 3.5 carats, purchased in Germany during the 1960's. I spoke to her every chance I got, just to be near that thing.
She told me that she kept it clean and shiny by------get this-------scrubbing with baking soda and a toothbrush!!! I almost fainted when she said that. I havent seen her for a while, but I still worry about that gorgeous rock (and setting)being scraped to death with baking soda.

I have heard that before... I figured it was used for the little bubbles to lift tiny debris?? It wouln't hurt, but I imagine it could get cakey in the little nooks and crevices if not careful. :think: :))

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
There was an older lady getting Chinese take out at Panda Express in front of me in line. She was a Zsa Zsa Gabor look-alike with really casual sweats on, but perfectly coiffed platinum blond hair, beautiful hands that looked like they've never done a day of work, and about a 10 carat mrb that I have no doubt was real because of the little teacup pooch and her expensive shoes. I couldn't stop gawking at her ring, and I think she knew I was gawking because I saw her throw a little glance at my little bling in return.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not a stranger, but just walked past a local chain store that had in its display window a 5.04ct D IF RB!! :o:o

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
I was at the airport bar a few years ago (can't remember where) and this beautiful woman sitting a few seats down from me had the most amazing classic princess solitaire that was at least 4 carats. I couldn't stop staring at it or telling DH to look at it! I think I actually posted a similar thread about it here afterward. :lol:

Edited Ah...here's the thread. It was in Maui. https://www.pricescope.com/communit...youve-seen-in-person-on-someones-hand.156723/

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
I'm very excited to report that I finally saw some serious bling. Fat marquise (around 5-6 carats) on an older lady on the bus. The bus was in Kensington, so I'm pretty sure it was real :cheeky:

rockhoundofficiando

Shiny_Rock
I've seen some larger blingy rings, earrings etc. However many women wear diamonique (sp?) or other cz, moissanite that are in gold settings.. Depending on who is wearing it, I usually chalk it up to being just a pretty bauble!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I worked at a VERY upscale mall, and I used to see boulders. One ring I remember it was on a very young and attractive woman, she must have been 3-4 years younger then me (I was 24 at the time) and her husband was decades older then my father. I kid you not that thing was at least 16mm (it took up one finger and covered half of each finger next to it). It was an amazing cushion, and her wedding band looked like it was an eternity with half carats all around. Her finger was like a disco ball. I didn't doubt it was real because they bought about 2000 worth of tea with a black amex.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ckrickett|1405992870|3717985 said:
I worked at a VERY upscale mall, and I used to see boulders. One ring I remember it was on a very young and attractive woman, she must have been 3-4 years younger then me (I was 24 at the time) and her husband was decades older then my father. I kid you not that thing was at least 16mm (it took up one finger and covered half of each finger next to it). It was an amazing cushion, and her wedding band looked like it was an eternity with half carats all around. Her finger was like a disco ball. I didn't doubt it was real because they bought about 2000 worth of tea with a black amex.
He's her "sugar daddy" not her husband... :wink2:

MonkeysInk

Shiny_Rock
Premium
The lady in the pedicure chair next to me last week had an amazing marquise in a halo. It touched her knuckle on the top and was as wife as her entire finger. She had her eyes covered with a heated towel, so I felt like I could stare unabashedly for longer than I normally would.

I went to dinner at an underground restaurant with my husband and a lady walked in with the biggest freaking emerald cut diamond I'd ever seen. I tried desperately to get seated next to her at the communal table, but didn't manage it. As dinner ended, I told my husband I was going to ask her about it and he just raised his eyebrows - I think he thought I was being rude. She was so sweet and held her hand out for me to get a long look at it and smiled at her husband, who seemed very pleased about my fussing over it.

krimisha

Rough_Rock
What a fun thread this is. Still reading all the responses. Unfortunately I have not yet come across a big bling sporter, however; my bling does get a bit of staring. I take it as a lovely silent compliment from the admirer. I usually step out in 1.5 carat ER and half eternity WB. On the right hand ring finger i almost daily wear 5 ct emerald precious gemstone.

lemoncookie

Rough_Rock
Not a stranger but I always ogle my best friend's jewelry. She has a tiny finger, large MRB set in a pink diamond halo setting. Her wedding band is a wide floral diamond and pink sapphire ring from Carl Blackburn. It's a continuous bling show on her lower knuckle.

Strangers: I once saw what looked like a 10 carat radiant flanked by a trillant on either side, in platinum on the subway in Tokyo. She was a lady in her 70's or so, very chic and I was sitting across from her...the car was pretty empty so I had lots of opportunity to stare :).

- At a restaurant, the hostess had the most beautiful Reinstein Ross wedding set. MRB set in bezel in this setting https://www.reinsteinross.com/prod_details.php?id=46&cid=9&sid=16 I think it was in peach gold. It was paired with a hammered plain gold band. I love the richness of RR gold!

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
I know I posted already, but since this thread has been resurrected, I figured I'd comment again. There's a young physician at the hospital where I'm currently working who is sporting the biggest diamond I have ever seen on a person in real life! :love: I was talking to her one day and couldn't keep my eyes off of it! It has to be at least 6 carats and is absolutely amazing!!! Of course, her finger size looks to be about a 3.5, so that just makes it look all the more bigger!

newfacets

Rough_Rock
Just a shameless bump, because this is an awesome thread :appl:

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
This ladies' casual flair and beautiful wedding set caught my eyes , this was at a swim meet while sitting at the bleachers. I like how the wedding band is curved to match the engagement ring. Looks like a RB with trilliant sides. I loved it so
Much I had to get a picture on the DL, gah what a creepy thing to do!

_1134.jpeg

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I remember seeing some really nice jewelry when I went to see an ADF (American dance festival) show and reception. Not so much huge diamonds (though I'm sure there were a few), but really interesting designed, artistic pieces. The two pieces that come into my mind were dangle earring with big blue cabochon gemstones, and a freeform heavy yellow gold necklace, with circle design.

My eye doctor who is Indian has a very nice diamond ring (round maybe 2 carat?) I noticed it last time and I noticed it again this last visit. I'm almost tempted to ask her where she got it as it is really beautiful (nice performer).

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was at a super swank party over the weekend. One lady had on a VERY large diamond. yeah you couldn't miss that thing. of course I asked (no1curr especially after you've had a few.) 10cts, E color pear. she offered to let me try it on.... oh nooo my finger was way to big. Though I'm not a diamond girl, it sure was pretty, the setting was very simple. And she was a sweet lady. But here's the thing, she raved about my 2 little rings...lol wanted to know all the deets. I was happy to share (I think she was just being nice though) One ring is was tiffany inspired ring, pink tourmaline, sparkles like mad because of the cut and changes from baby pink to purple. the other was my anniversary ring, blue-green tourmaline (non cuprian) with channel set frenchies.

We then had a shoe discussion but thats not for this thread right? :lol:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I was just at the market getting supplies for clam chowder--and a lady at the checkout had a HUGE emerald cut! I did a double take but tried my best not to stare. :bigsmile:

I looked down at my hand and got a little sentimental--but then it passed :lol: cuz there is always something to "have".

cheers--Sharon

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1454268986|3984727 said:
HI:

I was just at the market getting supplies for clam chowder--and a lady at the checkout had a HUGE emerald cut! I did a double take but tried my best not to stare. :bigsmile:

I looked down at my hand and got a little sentimental--but then it passed :lol: cuz there is always something to "have".

cheers--Sharon

So true Sharon! so true. At least you got to see a little bling eye candy.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@diamondseeker2006 @Phoenix @hathalove

Just had to resurrect this thread because I HAD to tell someone. BRANDED PIECE BLING SIGHTING. I saw a lady at my workout class yesterday that was wear a 20 MOTIF VINTAGE ALHAMBRA WHITE GOLD AND MOP NECKLACE. DOUBLED OVER.

That's not all. On her left arm she wore two full loves, one in YG and WG. Her studs looked to be AT LEAST 2 carats each. The only thing was she did not have a ginormous ering. In fact, no ering.

WAIT!!!!!

She brought her magenta Hermes bag (not a huge one, a smaller size) into the exercise room. She left it in a corner. The instructor asked her if she could leave it at the front desk.

OK. I will admit I took a spot next to her just to kinda stare at her bling. I was wearing my WG pave pendant with the turquoise butterfly, and my ering, very understated compared to her. But I had on some VCA so I was worthy to stand next to her. :lol:

It's been a long time since I've read about bling sightings. Hope to hear from everyone.

Elizabeth35

Brilliant_Rock
I do serious bling checking, especially in airports when we travel.
At the Admiral's Club in Miami--a very tastefully dressed woman in her 50's. White skinny jeans with a black T and black cardi. Yellow gold 5 station VCA MOP Alhambra, black Goyard tote, LV wallet. Gold metallic drivers that may have been Tod's. Tasteful watch but I was not close enough to identify the brand, darnit.
2mm gold wedding band and no e-ring. I'm guessing she was not wearing it for travel.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This would be a fun thread! I will keep my eyes out at the next vacation for amazing blingage! There is never anything terribly exciting where I live. I'd love to spot a 20 motif or even a sweets much less a birkin here! One of the downsides of living in a small town that is far away from a big city!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results