carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Awww @Jimmianne it’s tough caring for an oldie when you know the end is near, I hope your DD gets home to say goodbye to puss.

Sorry to hear about your teeth woes, lots of people are afraid of the dentist, please tell them, they will understand and help you cope with the treatment. It’s ok to say stop at any time during the treatment, to just take a breath and have a bit of control over what’s going on. xxx

@marcy, if you get your carpets cleaned, make sure it’s not steam cleaning, depending on the wool content, that can make them shrink! When our friend does ours, they’re almost dry enough to walk on, and on a warm day, they’re soon completely dry. He also uses a scotchguard solution in with the ‘shampoo’ to keep the carpets cleaner for longer.

Glad your work day went by quickly, that’s a lot of meetings in one day!

Those goats’ll eat anything @canuk-gal :lol: what a great idea, and free organic fertiliser too!

Hi @Poodles4me thank you for reminding me to appreciate my life more, it’s easy to lose sight of that when things are going well.

Hi @missy, everything crossed that things works out with the new Endo.

Yesterday was a very sad day for one of our FB friends, he had to say goodbye to both his old Spinoni girls, I can’t imagine losing 2 at once, just heartbreaking :cry2:

The weather here is lovely at the moment, 21 degs C, such a welcome change from the sweltering heat, although it’s set to hot up again by the weekend.

Big wave out to all the NIRDIs, hope all is well with you :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello girls! Good evening/late afternoon!

@Sandeek I am so sorry for all you are going through and sending you gentle hugs and good thoughts. Thank you for all your lovely wishes and kind words. (((Hugs))).

@Tekate hope you are feeling better and stronger each day. XO.

@Poodles4me hello there! I have been not great at keeping in touch with so many so please dont feel badly. When the time is right we will all pick up where we left off. In the meantime I am so glad you stopped in to say hey and sending you hugs and good wishes.

@Jimmianne how are you feeling? Thinking of you.

@Austina hey there! 8)
I am so sorry about your FB friend's loss. How awful.:(2
Give Dottie an extra big hug from all of us ok? And (((hugs))) to you.

@marcy hope you had a great day at work today and that the bday celebration at work was fun. Glad the meetings the other day made work go fast. Hope you got some interesting reading in last night. Thank you so much for your warm thoughts and big hugs...I love Marcy hugs and sending big (((hugs))) your way too. XO.

Hello to everyone else. Hope all the NIRDIs are having a good week and a happy Wednesday. Long day for me today and not in the mood to discuss it right now. Just suffice to say I am home and my dh just got home and hoping for a lovely peaceful evening. It's another warm day here. Hello August!
Have a good evening and see you all tomorrow I hope.:wavey:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all!

Missy, I hope this new endocronologist can come up with ways to approach your issues so you start seeing some improvement. Fingers crossed that he can shed some light on what's going on. Love that pic of Tommy, so sweet!

@Tekate, I continue to keep you in my thoughts, I really feel for you and am just so sorry about all your health problems and pain. And I would love to take you for a spin in my car sometime! Although I usually drive close to the speed limit so it might not be all that thrilling :lol: But we'd still have fun :P2

Marcy, thanks for the recipe, sounds so good, and easy too! I'm not too envious of any of the changes to the Macan either, doesn't sound like it was anything major. Very glad things went ok with cleaning your oven, whew. Oh no to needing a new drain motor already, I agree with Missy that things just aren't as well made as they used to be. Until recently my brother was using a blender from the 80's! Have a relaxing night, you deserve it after your busy day.

PB, your family fishing outing sounds like it was a blast! Good luck with work this week. Nice you're getting a run in in the morning, good way to start the day.

Sandeek, sending you comfort and support! You've been through a lot, and are continuing to go through a lot, so it's understandable you're feeling a little down. I do hope you start feeling better as the days pass and your spirits lift a little. And please join in on this thread whenever you want! This is a great place to share how you're feeling and we are always here to listen.

Austina, lol to that story of you at the pharmacy! Talk about bad timing. I think I might try Marcy's cookies next lol! They sound much better than my bread. Sorry you didn't sleep well and I hope you catch up on your rest tonight. Your infused water sounds delicious, I'll have to get one of those pitchers too.

Dh is leaving for a business trip tomorrow and will away for the week. I started doing a little painting today, I haven't done it in a long time and I am very rusty but it was fun. Other than running a few errands and doing a few odd jobs around the house, not much else going on. Very low score on the thrill-o-meter haha.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I missed a few posts...

Missy, sounds like you've had a long day, try to relax and enjoy your evening with Greg.

Austina, so sorry about your fb friend, what a terrible loss for them.:(2

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I wish my life had no thrill o meter. Got word last night my Mom had an ischemic stroke and is in the hospital. She is doing well as she got the clot busting drug in good time. I will be leaving to look after her tomorrow?

not so cheery--Sharon

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can I get some dust, please? After just getting a crown on a molar a week ago, I now have an abscess on the opposite side molar. I am terrified of the dentist, can hardly even tolerate a cleaning. I know I’m lucky compared to what others are going through. Root canal in the 7th.
The kitty is still alive, quite subdued and obviously in last stage, but comfortable and allowing me to feed him. Be assured, I would not let him suffer. He is just old and worn out, but still alert and liking to watch the birds.
DD arives home in less than a week, I hope she gets to say goodbye to him.
So I am Miserable. Just old and worn out like kitty. LOL
Thanks for listening to my tale of woe. I am deep-cleaning and tossing out stuff as a distraction. I may be miserable, but my house won’t be : )
Had a very long Skype with DD yeaterday. We cried about the kitty, but then went on to talk avout engagement rings and wedding dresses. So it is the bitter and the sweet right now.
Love to all NIRDs.

I somehow missed this -

Oh no to having an abscess Jimmianne, going to the dentist is very stressful but hang in there, everything will be ok. I'm sorry about dd's kitty, you have done such a wonderful job caring for him and keeping him comfortable. Life can certainly be bittersweet at this point in our lives. I'm glad you and dd had some happy things to talk about, must have been comforting for you both. (((Hugs)))

Last edited:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I wish my life had no thrill o meter. Got word last night my Mom had an ischemic stroke and is in the hospital. She is doing well as she got the clot busting drug in good time. I will be leaving to look after her tomorrow?

not so cheery--Sharon

Sharon, I'm so sorry. Very glad she got the meds she needed in time and I'm sending lots of good thoughts and healing vibes and I hope she recovers quickly. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts, take care.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

not so cheery--Sharon
Sharon, I am so sorry, but very glad to hear she is doing well. Thank goodness she got help right away. I know she will be so happy to see you.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Jimmianne, mega dust coming your way. I am sorry to hear about your tooth. I hope it doesn’t hurt really bad. I am with you on hating the dentist. I’ve had one root canal and it wasn’t a fun time but it wasn’t as bad as I expected. I hope you have a great doctor that makes it as easy as possible on you. Poor Kitty. I hate to hear that but you are keeping him comfortable and giving him love. I hope Kitty and DD get to see each other. Big hugs to all of you. it does make you feel good to deep clean your house.

Missy, the birthday party was fun today. We had salads, meat and cheese trays, chips and salsa and a chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting. It all made for a good lunch. Big hugs to you; I hope you feel better after spending the evening with Greg.

Poodles4me, I hope you are doing well.

Austina, thank you for the tip on carpet cleaning. Now I remember the one and only time my parents had their carpets steam cleaned; it was a nightmare between the smell and how long it took to dry. I am glad you are having nice weather. Did you catch up on your sleep?

Junebug, I actually have never made those cookies but every time my employee brings them to work they disappear in minutes. I am glad you enjoy your Macan. I’ve had compliments on my car for the last 3 days. It goes in streaks. That’s cool that your brother was using a blender from the 80’s. We had a waffle iron from our wedding that I just decided to replace. The new one was awful and I’d already thrown out my old one. The old appliances were made to last. How fun to do some painting. What are you painting? Marty hasn’t painted anything since he started lifting so much. We have the same scores on our thrill-o-meters.

Sharon, I am so sorry to hear about your mother. I am so glad she got the medicine in time. I am sending lots of healing dust her way and will keep you both in my thoughts.

I had my annual eye exam today and they managed to get my prescription corrected to 20-20. I'll see how that goes when I get my new lenses. The edema appears to be gone but the normal indent in the center of the retina certainly isn't there. The scar tissue isn't as spread out as last year which is probably because the edema went down. The eye doctor had an intern work with me and I personally felt she took way more time working with me to get the prescription that worked for me. Last year I completely bombed the color vision and depth perception. This year I got about 60% right on the color vision and could see 3 out of 9 on the depth perception. I have small cataracts but they've been there for years and not big enough to worry about for the foreseeable future. The bad news was my blood pressure was pretty high today. Too much sugar and not enough sleep lately on top of a tendency to have high blood pressure anyway. I am going to clean up my act. My vision improved so I may as well work on my health as well. Marty may even get me to go try some old weak lady lifting. :lol: I left my glasses and sunglasses with them to get new the new lenses. My glasses from 2016 from before the left eye went so wacky actually are working great. Progress. My blurry greyed out central vision is still there but the vision in that eye improved significantly.

We had a lovely rain storm this evening. No hail or tornadoes. Woo hoo!

Take care.
Marcy

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Jimmianne I'm sending you so much dust for both you and DD's kitty. Fingers crossed that DD is back to say goodbye.
@canuk-gal Dust also to your mother. You're a good daughter and I hope she makes a speedy recovery.

Hi to all!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@canuk-gal I am so sorry Sharon but relieved that your mom got the medicine in time. I am sending your mom bucketloads of healing dust. Hope she is recovering well and that you are doing OK. Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.(((Hugs))).

@Jimmianne how are you feeling? What is going on with your abscess? Thinking of you and sending (((hugs))). How is kitty doing?

@junebug17 thanks so much. I am glad you are painting again. It's such a creative process and really forces one to be in the moment I think and brings joy when one is creating and engaged. Hope your dh's business trip goes well and that you enjoy some time doing what you want to do.

@Tekate hey there..hope you are feeling stronger each day. Thinking of you and sending lots of love your way. (((Hugs))).

@rainwood sorry I was so tired yesterday....not much to share really but will contact you. Hope your packing is going well.

@marcy ugh on your blood pressure being a bit high (another thing we have in common now lol and ::)) but good for you for your ocular improvement and long may that continue. And I bet more sleep and better eating will bring your blood pressure down. And I hope this time they got the right glasses prescription for you the first time around. Glad you enjoyed the birthday party at work too. Sweet. All I could read was peanut butter...:lol:

@Austina now it's hard to distinguish heart palps from good excitement or health issues lol. And JK. No palps from good excitement and long may good excitement exist for us all. To use @marcy 's term the thrill o meter is going high right now.8-) Hope yours is too (in the best possible sense) and that you are having a good day and enjoying sweet Dottie.

@Sandeek good morning...sending you more comforting hugs and good thoughts and healing vibes. Hope you are feeling better.

@Poodles4me hello and hope things are going well with you. Please feel free to dive right in here if you are in the mood. The water is warm and inviting and the waves are generally cool and smooth with just the right amount of sunshine and clouds. IOW we enjoy the company and would love you to join i whenever the mood strikes.

I am meeting a friend today and I am super excited actually. I was up in the middle of the night for hours (mulling over health issue and trying to figure things out-not the best time to do that) and finally fell back asleep cuddling with HRH and just woke a short time ago. Figures when I have plans lol. But I am going to take care of what I need to before I go and then plan on having a lovely afternoon. Hope all you sweet ladies do the same. Sending love and hugs to each one of you and see y'all later.:wavey:

Leaving you with a sweet twitter feed my dh sent me last night. Doesn't this just melt your heart?:kiss2:
We all need love and comfort and these kitties know it too.

https://twitter.com/amazlngnature/status/1024782997399040001?s=12

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol:Hello lovelies

Sorry to hear about your Mum @canuk-gal but so pleased to hear she got the right meds quickly. Hope she continues to do well and is fighting fit again soon.

How lovely to be artistic @junebug17 what kinds of things do you like to paint? I can’t even draw stick people:(2 I would love to see some of your work if you feel comfortable sharing. Sometimes so called ‘improvements’ are anything but, they changed the grille on our car, and honestly, it’s hideous, looks like a big angry mouth.

Good news on the eye exam @marcy, sounds like some very positive improvements :dance: Now to get your BP down, I’m sure dealing with the brats at work isn’t helping with that.

I wish we had some rain, the temps are due to spike upwards again, they’re talking about the hottest day of the year over the weekend :-o

I hope you have fun with your friend today @missy, it’s great catching up and putting your troubles to one side for a while. That’s so sweet, I see lots of lovely images like that on FB, usually a silly Spinone cuddling it’s kitten, or rabbit, or sitting with a bird on their head :lol:

Thrill-o-meter is pretty high, just trying to keep things under control.

Dottie is getting lots of cuddles, and I’ll pass on extras from her NIRDI aunties :D

Hope all those in pain are finding relief, take good care of yourselves.

:wavey:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@junebug17 @missy @arkieb1 @marcy @Jimmianne @Sandeek @rainwood @PierreBear first and foremost if I missed ya then it's 'cause I'm old ... take no offense, to all the ladies and the ones I may have missed may I say thank you. THANK YOU. I think my

https://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/infectious-diseases/anaerobic-bacteria/actinomycosis

is getting a teeny bit better.. have an appt with the oral surgeon next Tuesday and the Tuesday after with the infectious disease M.D. I hate hate hate hate hate hate ad infinitum being on doxy* it makes me feel sick, then of course the yeast beast attacks... sucks.. but I believe if I stay on this stuff for months I will get better, they are going to test me for penicillin allergy, I had an allergic reaction when I was 5, so maybe it went away... maybe those HUGE welts and my arms swelling and itching was a made up thing in my mom's head? they say ancient sage's such as myself may not have the allergy just an over zealous mommy years ago... my memory is clear (not always but when your arms blow up like elephant legs it's not that easy to forget) that it was a true reaction, I reacted so much that my parents flew home (we were on vacation in Rhode Island - Point Judith - and I stepped on a HUGE nail.. went all the way thru my foot (granted I was 5)..Dad took me to a vacat* doc who gave me a shot of penicillin, and cleaned out the hole (which hurt like a MF) and I remember the doc' face as he had a huge red nose.. turns out my mom told me years later the guy was totally drunk.. so I blew up, they blew back to NY and it was misery.. but I am willing to try again.. My son had a reaction to amoxicillin (blew up and his cheeks and and arms had huge welts)...if I told him I was going to get tested with peni* he'd probably freak (he's my son who worries that I will die at any moment :) )

So enough comedy and forlorn wanking.. I hope everyone is well, I read my kindle all day(s) and walk the dog with a dork ass hat and shades as doxy* makes sunburn look weird and it hurts, they say, :) anyway.

If you got this far may I say again, thank you from the bottom of my ancient and sage heart.. you guys are the best... I'm thinking of getting an OEC diamond for a pendant.. I think I deserve this, hubster said okay (thanks Daddy! ;-) ) but we are buying a house generator and that will cost about 7-11K soooo not sure I will do it this year.. BUT I am thinking...

all my best and love to you all.

Kate

(not going anyway I just dont read as much as I feel nauseous a lot) :)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Thank you ALL for the kind comments and dust. It helps. My Mom is doing quite well--that drug certainly made ALL the difference for outcomes. I am not sure when I'll go, as she is still hospitalized. I think she needs rehab (she had a hemorrhagic stroke 6 years ago and went to rehab). Anyway.

So many of us here are having challenges--health and otherwise. Strength and goodness to all!

JA--I hope the wedding talk with your DD lifted your spirits! You'll be happy to see her soon and I hope she can cuddle her cat.

JB--how wonderful you can paint! Show us your work!

Missy--have a great day visiting. I saw an old friend and colleague on MOnday--had a lovely wag!

Shout out to all NIRDI's!:wavey:

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's!

Hi Rainwood!

Missy, i will be thrilled if my new lenses get me to 20/20 vision with both eyes. Time will tell. I do think I am going to find another eye doctor. That intern spent a lot of time with me finding what prescription will work. My doctor does a few is this better or this and is done in about 2 minutes. Yes better eating and more sleeping should bring the old BP down. Peanut butter is always good. I hope you had fun meeting up with your friend today. Sounds fun. Sorry you had a hard time sleeping last night mulling over your health issues and deciding what to do. Good luck trying to figure out things. I continue to keep you in my thoughts and sure wish you could find someone who has some answers for you. I love the kitties on twitter. That is so sweet.

Austina, it sounds like you and I have the same drawing skill set. We'll often play a game with a group of people that requires drawing skills. I am SOOOOOO bad at it. What you do is you draw a picture on a tablet then pass it to your left. They go to the next page of the tablet and write down what you drew. The next person then draws what that person wrote an so on. By the time it gets back to you then you have to read the story while showing the pictures. I feel so bad for whoever sets to the left of me. It does get pretty funny though. Oh no to an angry grill on your car. Yes, work does get my BP going and I keep waking up at about 2 to 3 in the morning then not really sleeping again. I keep thinking about stuff - most of it work. Oh no to having your thrill-o-meter pretty high today; I hope things settled down. Glad to hear Dottie is getting a lot of hugs.

Tekate, I am so glad you are getting a tiny bit better. Any improvement helps girl. Good luck with your appointments next week. It's so awful to be miserable then get sick from your meds on top of it. I hope you aren't allergic to penicillin. That is one thing that doesn't seem to bother me. Ouch to stepping on that nail and even more pain having it cleaned out. Wow that your vacation doctor was drunk; I can picture that red nose now. Glad you took the dog out for a walk and covered up from the sun. I think having a house generator will be great but so would an OEC pendant. I'm sure tempted to order the pink sapphire earrings I want. I still have to pay for my license plates and see Marty's bill from the eye doctor on Monday.

Sharon, I am relieved to hear your mom is doing well and thank goodness for drug that worked so well for her. Keep us posted.

Jimmianne, I hope you are doing okay today. I've been thinking about you.

I am updating my team's procedure, check lists and trouble shooting manual and even though you'd think I'd hang on every single word of wisdom I am trying to impart to my employees - I found it to be a real snoozer. I am down to about 10 pages to review then I can print it. I told my boss I found some typos, missing words, wrong words and a sentence or two here and there that made absolutely no sense. We decided that's proof my team doesn't use the book or they'd point it out to me. I actually put in there "the first person to see this gets $5". I bet that's $5 I'll never have to pay. I am so glad I amuse myself.

Marty is on his way home from LA. Woo hoo! I'll leave one of the bears and rabbits waiting up for him. Hopefully I'll be snoring away.

I met a friend for lunch today which was kind of fun. The highlight of my day was the fresh peaches I had for supper. I love peaches.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday girls!!!

@junebug17 we are in the middle of a heatwave. How’re you doing? We came to beach house early this am and even I didn’t want to cycle as it’s too hot. Looks like we aren’t cycling anytime soon. Weather prediction is more heat and more heat for at least the week and perhaps further. Stay cool and we have to make plans when it cools off. I need setting help. :Up_to_something:

@Austina you and me both girl. I don’t know how I can wait out the next 5 days or so. Omg. Hope your weather is cooling off. I’m burning up. This heat wave blows hot air all the way. But I love summer anyway. Long days and the promise of carefree fun like no other season. Plus the extreme cold isn’t better so I’m holding out for some nice weather and hopeful eventually it will come around again. :sun:

@Tekate hey there hi there how are you doing my dear? @Jimmianne would love to contact you. May I share your IG handle with her? Thinking of you and hoping the meds take effect and that you are improving each day. Hugs!

@marcy so glad it’s Friday for you and that Marty is home woohoo. And yes I had such a wonderful time yesterday. We are both big Marcy fans and that’s all I’ll say for now. :whistle:
Yummm to fresh peaches. Lovely. And even better to share with a friend. And yes it’s good to find ways to amuse yourself at work so you don’t get driven cuckoo by the inane employees all around you. Can’t make this stuff up.

@canuk-gal so glad your mom is doing well and thank goodness. It’s always something and all I can say I’m grateful when these things don’t end up killing us. Not to be dark and all but we need to keep our sense of humor. Life is tough and as my dad always said/says no one gets out of this life alive. Lol and :cry2: All this to say is what a relief she’s doing ok and I am keeping her in my thoughts and prayers. And please take care of yourself too. (((Hugs))).

@CJ2008 you’re such a dear. If you’re reading thank you and hugs. XO

Had a wonderful day yesterday. And it was a crazy day cause I had a bling emergency come up and well everything got taken care of but omg it was a roller coaster there for a while. Thank goodness my friend was so great about it all and totally understanding being a bling lover too. Anyway it was a lovely and fun day and hope to get together with her again soon. She’s a sweetheart.

Of course no day is without some excitement on the thrill o meter lol.
Yesterday I realized uh oh I have a problem ...my toenail on the leg with my metal plates is growing in again. Here we go again. Blood under the nail again is the give away. Anyway as instructed by my podiatrist I texted him this AM and of course he’s on vacation. And he calls me young lady lol. I think I’m a bit older than he is. :lol:
I’ll see him next week so will just soak it in Epsom salts and hibiclens in the meantime and hope for the best. Anyway hahaha look at what he texted me after our serious convo this AM. He’s such a jokester. How can I not love him lol.

B7BEAC91-7F58-418F-8FD9-75DD9697B2DB.jpeg

On that note enjoy this lovely Friday girls.
Oh and I and another PSer might have some good news...but will keep you in anticipation until everything is ready to be revealed so to speak. :halo:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Abso surely give Jimmie my handle!! I posted yesterday maybe you missed it, it's like 3 up from this one.

I am good how are you? How are all the ladies today. We are due for another hot and humid day here in Maine.. rain tomorrow maybe.

Was supposed to go to lunch with a friend from IBM tomorrow but she had to go back to NY for a funeral so I'm free as a bird.. now I can't sit in the sun due to Doxy sunburn.. I don't drink anymore due to the fact that it interferes with my doxy etc. I don't do sudoku ;-) but I do read.. (and I swiffered this morning!!!)..

I sincerely and truly hope you ladies all have a great weekend.

all love

Kate

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy are you prone to ingrown toenails, my older son was always having those.. talk about pain... get it fixed girl. @marcy thank you so much for the kind words !!! I hope you are well and happy. Get the earrings!!! I love sapphires.. love them.. :) @missy love your foot doc.. a real fun guy!!!

P

PierreBear

Hello NIRDI ladies! Happy Friday. We are trying to keep it a calm one this weekend but I know we already have a brunch planned with our run group and also a former coworker’s moving away party. Other than that, I plan on staying indoors and reading. Picked up a good book but the descriptions etc make it a slow read. Other than that, I had an unusual OBGYN appointment this week. Went to a new lady within the same clinic group and was informed by the assistant that the doctor probably wouldn’t put in my birth control mechanism (sorry if that’s too descriptive) if it’s one year early. I told her that I wasn’t sure when I initially put it in and have a good a guess but rather be one year early than one year late as it is effective for 5 years. Anyhow, I guess I’m just really not ready to be a mom yet so I just left the office (so I wouldn’t get charged to have a nonsense discussion) and called to get an appointment with some other DR within the same clinic (confirmed with their nurse that yes it is better to be one year early than late!!). Apparently some OBGYNS are old school (well based off her age… she was a lot older and didn’t use this type of prevention as frequently) and others have a more modern way of thinking. Oh well… wasted trip but better to be safe than sorry. Signing out for weekend as a cat mom! Have a great one and be safe!

@Austina – Hope you have a great weekend without too much heat. May you adjust to the time change soon!

@junebug17 – Are you having a party when DH is gone on business? Are you painting your pictures again or do you mean painting walls for the house. Hope all your projects go well.

@marcy – Nice to hear about the eye progress. Hard to avoid sugar when you bake such great treats all the time!

@missy – Bummer… sorry to hear that the toe nail issues are back. But glad that you had a meet up with a good friend recently. Wonderful to connect!

@Tekate – Oh man.. sorry that you are still fighting the oral issues. hang in there! Hope you don’t have any reactions. What do you use a house generator for? Is that for back up when the power goes out?

@canuk-gal – Glad to hear that your mom is doing well. Good luck with the rehab! You are such a lovely daughter to her.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

Missy, ugh, sorry it's so hot - the temp isn't that bad here, 84, but it feels hotter than that. I feel the same as you though, I am really enjoying summer and so I'm not minding the heat. All too soon we'll be freezing. :P2 Sorry about your toe and I hope you can see your podiatrist asap. LOL to that pic! I hope you start sleeping a little better, so hard to shut our minds off once we start thinking about things in the middle of the night. Love that twitter feed! :love: So glad you had fun with your friend and were able to put worries on the backburner for a while.

Sharon, I'm so glad your mother is doing well! Hang in there, I know it's a stressful time. (((Hugs)))

Marcy, I truly don't mean to sound braggy, but I have never received so many compliments about a car before, and from total strangers! I went through a toll booth recently and the toll taker said "awsome car!" Lol. I'm just painting little things -I do decorative painting, nothing fancy, and right now I'm just practicing my stroke work. I am SO happy you had a good eye exam and your eyesight has improved. Fingers crossed you get to 20/20 vision with the new lenses :pray:I agree, it sounds like the intern did the right thing by taking more time with your exam. I hear you on eating right, lately I've been endulging in too many sweets and it's catching up to me. LOL on old lady lifting! that's what I do! :D Sorry for the snooze-fest at work but yay to it being Friday, and for Marty coming home. :appl:

Austina, I just do decorative painting, and I paint on wood, glass, metal, and ceramics. I do flowers mostly lol. It's very simplistic, but fun to paint on different surfaces. I'll post a few pics soon. Agree with you on "improvements", sometimes the original is better! Ugh to having such hot weather, stay cool!

@Tekate, omigosh, that is some story about your foot when you were five! Um yeah, I'd say that was an allergic reaction! Sorry the antibiotic is making you feel so sick, but I'm glad you are taking it very easy and focusing on healing. I love to read too, what a wonderful way to escape from the real world lol. Thinking of you, you are going through so much and I'm sending love and hugs. And yes, you absolutely deserve that OEC pendant!

I'm doing a whole lotta nuthin' today and it feels good lol - I'll probably make an attempt to get something done today but only if I feel like it :P2

Here are a few pics from the dinner cruise -
710AD59B-9F1B-4D95-A34F-ACD79EE4BE9E.jpeg 780DB708-E2F6-4510-A69C-15DBFF4359D6.jpeg E163769B-988E-48D6-80AF-536A3FD86195.jpeg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PB, we were posting at the same time lol!

Have a great weekend! Taking it easy and relaxing this weekend with a book sounds great to me! I'm going to spend my weekend the same way. Sorry about the issue at the doctor, and good idea to just reschedule with a different one. I do decorative painting, and actually I've done it on walls as well! No parties planned, my party days are long gone haha! But ds is around so I'll have some company.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

It’s been stinking hot here today, so much so, we’ve actually been feeling ill sad :(( Thank goodness it’s finally cooling down now it’s evening, but the forecast is for even higher temps over the weekend :eek2:

We’ll be up and out very early tomorrow with Dottie before it gets too hot.

Pink sapphire earrings sound lovely @marcy - go on, you know you want to :P2 That game sounds like fun, we’ll have to give it a try.

Oh no to not sleeping, I couldn’t get to sleep till 2am yesterday morning but fortunately I was so exhausted yesterday, I actually slept better.

Glad Marty is home, do you have plans for the weekend?

I’m glad to hear there’s been some small improvement @Tekate hopefully things will continue to improve till you can be pain free.

That sounds lovely @junebug17 I’d really love to see some examples when you’re ready, it’s good to have an outlet for your creative talents. A quiet weekend sounds perfect, relax and enjoy.

Good news your Mum is doing well @canuk-gal long may it continue.

Ugh @missy Unfortunately it’s horrible here, got back from walking Dottie, dripping everywhere. Sorry the heat is stopping you getting out cycling, but hopefully you can enjoy some nice sea breezes and the beautiful view.

Glad you had fun with your friend and she was sweet enough to be so accommodating with the bling emergency.

Oh no to your ingrowing toe nail, I hope the Epsom salts and hibiscrub keep it under control until you see the podiatrist. That photo he sent is a hoot, what a riot :lol: I almost thought it was you, till I spotted the hairy legs
:lol-2:

Hi @PierreBear oi, how unprofessional of the OB/GYN, surely they must have records? Hope you get it sorted out so there are not unplanned accidents :shock: Have a great weekend.

:wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

LOL Missy--funny picture! But about your toe, not so funny. Hope it is set to right soon.

JuneB--lovely pictures of your dinner cruise! I'd love to do that. I, too, enjoy the heat.

Marcy--we had white out hail like the photo you posted the other day. I thought the windows would break! About the size of a dime--while other parts in the city reported golf ball sizes. Monsoon rains also. Tornado 90 kms from here. Crazy weather!!!! Luckily it is short lived.

Had a good ride today about 16 kms. I need to call the hospital and find out the results of the MRI regarding my Mom.

Hello NIRDIs:wavey:

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Missy, how fun that you got to meet up with Dee Jay. Two of my favorite people in one place; I wish I was there. I definitely am going to go out and find more peaches tomorrow. They are my favorite. No, you can’t make this stuff up about the people I deal with at work. I find myself just laughing instead of being irritated. I go through cycles that way. Oh no about your toe being ingrown again. I love the photo your podiatrist sent you. He’s having fun. Good idea to soak your toe in the meantime. I hope it’s cool enough in the morning to get out for a ride.

Tekate, that tooth I have with a crown is still tender and every time it bugs me I think of how much pain you must be in. Pain, Pain go away and leave Tekate alone! Aren’t swiffers the best? Thanks for encouraging me to get those earrings; it can’t hurt anyway, right?

PierreBear, that is kind of odd about the OBGYN refusing to replace your BC device. That is strange. I am glad you found another one to see. I am with you; better safe than sorry. Good luck with that. It sounds like you have some fun plans for the weekend. I didn’t do so well on avoiding sugar today but I was better than I could have been. Are you cat sitting this weekend?

Junebug, I hate that when your mind won’t let you fall asleep. It’s been pestering me a lot lately. I am glad to hear your car gets lots of attention. i think a lot of it is because the Macan has only been around for a few years. I do see more and more of them on the road though. The retired guys at McDonalds the other day really wanted to talk to me about it. I stopped there after my eye exam to eat breakfast and they were asking me all sorts of questions. Your painting sounds fun and relaxing. I tried tole painting for a while; the only thing I kept from it was I painted a wooden switch plate a dark navy then painted constellations on it. It was at our old house. Your photos from the dinner cruise are fabulous. I have no desire to go on an ocean cruise but I’d sure do a dinner cruise. It looks fun.

Austina, I hate to hear it’s so hot you are feeling bad. We didn’t have AC at our old house initially and once it hit the high 90’s we would go out to our RV and crank on the AC in there - it worked to cool us off. I do have the pink earrings I want picked out. That game is really fun and works well with 8 or more people. We bought little notebooks and a pack of Bic pens that we have in the man cave for that game. It’s always been good for a laugh.

Sharon, your weather does sound crazy and very much like ours. It sounds so awful when the hail is hitting the windows, doesn’t it? Our new windows have full screens on the outside so hopefully that would buffer a bit to prevent the windows breaking. I am glad you had a nice ride today. I am keeping your mom in my thoughts and sending her mega dust.

Thank you all for the encouraging words on my eyes; I will be thrilled if the new lenses work well for me. It’s never be normal again but it could be soooooo much worse.

Work seemed to drag on today probably because I wanted to be at home since Marty got in late last night. I did get my revised manuals printed and handed out.
Marty did some training tonight and did his lifting at the gym then picked me up to go grocery shopping. It was more fun having him go with me plus he can pack all that stuff in at once. Sweet.

Marty has an early tee time tomorrow. I will work on laundry and need to run to the bank. I think my chip is scratched on my debit card; the ATM’s won’t take it anymore. I accused Marty of scratching it so I couldn’t spend money. Ha!

Have a fabulous weekend.
Marcy

Here are the earrings I want (ETA only smaller and less blurry - Ha Ha)
Screen Shot 2018-08-03 at 8.59.36 PM.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! It's Caturday Saturday and another hot hot hot day on the east coast. Just want to say a word about all our dear friends and loved ones on the west coast who are experiencing the awful fires. Thinking of you and sending good vibes and safe dust to everyone there. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

@junebug17 those are fabulous NYC photos. Gorgeous. I am so happy you and your friends enjoyed the cruise. Love that you do decorative painting. It feels nice to create and then see the beautiful things you made yourself. It's a lovely hobby. I want to find something (besides bling and rescue kitties or I will go broke lol) that I can do that allows me to nurture my creative side. When I was younger I took art and painting classes at the Brooklyn Museum of Art and the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens and some of my fondest childhood memories are from those days. Being creative is good for the soul. Enjoy and please share some of your art work. Would love to see it if you were OK with sharing. And think about the bling date hehe.

Aww @Tekate, feeling nauseous is the worst. Does ginger help you at all? Drinking ginger ale or sucking on fresh ginger? That's what I do when I get nauseous. I am also on meds that make me photosensitive and that's one of the reasons I am unapologetic (well not really as when I am with new friends I do apologize for carrying a parasol lol) about carrying my SPF parasol. Doxy will make you burn. Hopefully you won't be on it for too much longer and the oral surgeon and infectious disease MD will be able to help you and give you good news soon. It sucks what you are going through but you are getting through it and are strong and with each day closer to feeling better and full recovery. In the meantime it sucks I know. Feeling like crap is just crappy in every way. Not being able to get comfortable in your own skin. (((HUGS))) and love and buckets and buckets of healing *****DUST*****.

Yeah my podiatrist is a funny guy and he is always telling me I am just like his wife in many ways. I can't figure out if that's a compliment or not.:P2 I never got ingrown toenails til I broke my left ankle (tibia and fibula) in 2014 and for 8 months no nails on that left foot grew. When I was healed finally the toenails started growing but the big toenail started growing into my skin and after a half dozen removals etc it still is not right. Originally the plan was after he removed it (not a fun procedure) he would cauterize it to prevent it from growing into my skin again however because of my sensitive skin and poor circulation none of the cauterizations were suitable for me. Too dangerous. Chemical or surgical would put me and my vulnerable skin and circulation at risk so the only thing left is to continue giving me those painful injections and just rip the nail out and when it grows in again repeat. But not too terrible compared to other things and it barely registers on my radar anymore. Just cannot let it get too far or the metal plates in my leg have the potential to get infected and that would be a monster to control. So I have to be super careful due to the metal in that leg.
Wow that was some allergic reaction you had when you were five!:shock:

Sorry your friend had to go back to NY for a funeral :(( and that your lunch plans with her were cancelled. Wish you were here because we would go to lunch. My treat! So if that is any incentive haha. When you are feeling all better and stronger I hope you will visit me and I will take you anywhere you want to go.:appl: I did send @Jimmianne your info so hopefully you two will connect real soon if you haven't already.:))

I look forward to the day when all of us are strong and well and feeling great and can share happy and fun stuff but in the meantime so grateful all you lovely ladies are here and that we bring comfort and joy to one another no matter what we are going through. That is what friendship is...there for the good and the bad and all the stuff in between. (((HUGS))).

@marcy be still my heart...those are so pretty those earrings. Love the pink and love the dangle style. Romantic with a pop of color. :kiss2: Your Marty is quite the jokester isn't he? LOL you guys are a perfect match for sure. I believe that while opposites can attract we have to be more alike than different with our partners generally. SO while Greg is definitely my opposite in many ways- he tends to be calmer and more creative and more present and forward thinking but more practical than I am and I am more of a dreamer always looking how to improve things and looking back trying to figure out how to change things. I also tend to be more reactive and emotional and quick to anger but also quick to forgive (though if Greg gets mad watch out haha) and ultimately we are both grounded with good values and down to earth and reasonable people. We are very aligned on social and financial and political (for the most part) issues and we are both spiritual but not religious. LOL sorry I didn't mean to write a book.:lol:

Sorry work dragged on yesterday but finally it is the weekend woohoo. Hope the bank issues you a new card and that mysteriously altered chip stays intact on the next card...that Marty.:cheeky: Wish I was there to fix your vision. Not sure I could do a better job of it but you know I would do my best. Here's hoping your vision is clear and comfortable with the new lenses. Hope all your errands go smoothly today and that Marty enjoys his tee time and you enjoy the day. XO. And (((hugs))).

@Austina Oy I am sorry it is so hot by you too. I totally get how you are feeling as it is so hot here we feel ill outside as well. No riding at least for the next week or so probably. Way too uncomfortable with the heat and humidity. Oppressive. Since I am also immune compromised due to more than moderate mold issues I am better off not cycling in this weather. But I am not feeling down about it as there are many other things that we don't get to do when cycling all the time that now we can take advantage of...indoor mini golf and aquarium fun here we come. LOL. Hope your weather is cooling off soon and hope Dottie is faring well in this weather. OMG countdown begins....I wanted to find out what was going on all day but I resisted peppering you know who with questions lol. I hate waiting but fingers crossed it will be worth the wait.:kiss2: (((HUGS))).

@canuk-gal more healing vibes to your dear mom and hope her recovery is going well and that she will be back to her regularly scheduled activities very soon. Pleased you got to enjoy a fun bike ride and I will be living vicariously through you for the duration of our heat wave and I am enjoying hearing all about your cycling. How did your mom's MRI go? Hope the results are promising and all is good.

@PierreBear ugh sorry about that odd Ob/Gyn appointment and that you have to return to get the visit you need. Frustrating. I hope you have a calm weekend and enjoying reading that book and enjoy brunch with your friends too. Sounds like the perfect mix for a nice weekend.

@Sandeek how are you feeling? Thinking of you.

@Poodles4me hey there, hope you are having a good weekend.

@rainwood safe travels and have a blast!!!

And a big hello to everyone else.:wavey:
Have a wonderful day ladies and stay cool and safe and comfortable while having fun too. Sending you all hugs and good thoughts and healing vibes.
We are expecting rain and thunderstorms here today. Leaving you with a peaceful pretty sky photo. Sweet. The calm before the storms...

sunriseovercityjuly2018.jpg

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy and NIRDIs. Thank you for the continued well wishes. I’m doing ok. I am Infusing my daily at home IV antibiotics, getting used to the new landscape of my face and mouth since the radical surgery. I am waiting on insurance approval to receive hyperbaric treatments and making many visits to the infectious disease dr and surgeon. I’ll also need a bone graft in several months to rebuild the jaw bone. It’s a whirlwind that’s I never anticipated spending my summer off doing. I do consider myself lucky the infection was found before it could spread to my brain, yet feeling sorry for myself that I had to undergo such a radical surgery. Especially after chasing after a diagnosis for three months with numerous cat negative scans and dr visits.
I am sorry @Tekate that it sounds like you are in a similar situation as I was in. I hope you find relief and the antibiotics work for you before you need any further remediation. Again, if you need, I would be happy to chat if you’re wanting too!
Hope all you gals enjoy your weekend and I really appreciate your allowing me a safe place to vent! You ladies rock! Thank you :kiss2:

Off to administer my IV. :(2

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy and NIRDIs. Thank you for the continued well wishes. I’m doing ok. I am Infusing my daily at home IV antibiotics, getting used to the new landscape of my face and mouth since the radical surgery. I am waiting on insurance approval to receive hyperbaric treatments and making many visits to the infectious disease dr and surgeon. I’ll also need a bone graft in several months to rebuild the jaw bone. It’s a whirlwind that’s I never anticipated spending my summer off doing. I do consider myself lucky the infection was found before it could spread to my brain, yet feeling sorry for myself that I had to undergo such a radical surgery. Especially after chasing after a diagnosis for three months with numerous cat negative scans and dr visits.
I am sorry @Tekate that it sounds like you are in a similar situation as I was in. I hope you find relief and the antibiotics work for you before you need any further remediation. Again, if you need, I would be happy to chat if you’re wanting too!
Hope all you gals enjoy your weekend and I really appreciate your allowing me a safe place to vent! You ladies rock! Thank you :kiss2:

Off to administer my IV. :(2

Awww @Sandeek I am so sorry you are going through this awful ordeal but yes I am grateful they caught it before it got into your brain. Sending you so many healing vibes and hugs and good thoughts and I am here for you if you feel like talking or anything. Anytime for any reason please don't hesitate. While I have never gone through what you are dealing with I know a little bit about what it is like to feel scared and suffering and chasing a diagnosis (or diagnoses) that seems to take to long to find and just the never ending barrage of darkness at times. I know you will get through this and be OK but in the meantime it is scary as all heck and dark thoughts I am sure come through. Sending you love and if there is anything I can do please don't hesitate to ask. I don't remember if we have each other's emails...I am so foggy these days and my brain isn't as clear as it used to be right now but you can find me on loupe troop or IG or just give me a shout out here how to find you. (((HUGS)))

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Too much here for me to process this morning, but I did notice, Marcy, that those beautiful earrings could be a little larger! : ) I’m sure you could carry off the look if Marty helped carry them. Finally we know what he has been training for!

My dd’s kitty died this morning, it was sudden and very quick. I have not done a death watch before, I run away. But for dd’s sake I had to be present and I am glad I did. It is sad, but omg, I’ve been so ill from stress for the past 6 weeks it was really messing me up mentally and physcially. I’m glad I chose to be in the front line for dd and save her from all that. I had the euthanasia scheduled for wednesday, the day after dd gets home, but I could not imagine her; leaving her fiancé (main support), travelling internationally with all that stress, then the next morning putting her old best friend to sleep. I think things happen for a reason.
So, everything is OK. She is having a biopsy preserved for future cloning (!), so that’s what will take up today...lots of running around getting things done.

Have a good day, NIRDIs : ) and I’ll see you back here soon.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Too much here for me to process this morning, but I did notice, Marcy, that those beautiful earrings could be a little larger! : ) I’m sure you could carry off the look if Marty helped carry them. Finally we know what he has been training for!

My dd’s kitty died this morning, it was sudden and very quick. I have not done a death watch before, I run away. But for dd’s sake I had to be present and I am glad I did. It is sad, but omg, I’ve been so ill from stress for the past 6 weeks it was really messing me up mentally and physcially. I’m glad I chose to be in the front line for dd and save her from all that. I had the euthanasia scheduled for wednesday, the day after dd gets home, but I could not imagine her; leaving her fiancé (main support), travelling internationally with all that stress, then the next morning putting her old best friend to sleep. I think things happen for a reason.
So, everything is OK. She is having a biopsy preserved for future cloning (!), so that’s what will take up today...lots of running around getting things done.

Have a good day, NIRDIs : ) and I’ll see you back here soon.

I’m so sorry @Jimmianne. My deepest condolences. Sending gentle hugs and love your way.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Jimmianne--you are such a wonderful Mother. Sorry for your loss. Take care of yourself--healing vibes across the miles.

xoxo--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results