carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good Morning Nirdis!

Missy, your infused water looks yummy, and pretty too! :kiss2: You should get one for Brooklyn too, since you are enjoying it so much. Love HRH in the background! :love:

PB, omigosh, you are definitely having some hot weather! Stay cool and be careful, and good idea to get your workout in as early as possible. So glad you had a good weekend and had fun getting together with friends. Sending good thoughts to you about work and glad to hear you are doing ok, hang in there.

Austina, have a good trip to NY, hope it's all smooth sailing! So excited for you about your diamond shopping, you are going to see some beautiful stones :dance:

Marcy, lol to just ignoring your computer issues, I fully support that! Ugh to going to Colorado to get the tires taken care of, what a pain - although the Macan is worth the extra effort imho :D Glad to hear a friend stopped by for company, and brought wine no less - and it was really nice of you to give her your garnet set, I agree with Missy, you're a good friend. You really are good at cribbage lol. Oh, I looked out my window today and saw a squirrel dangling from the bird feeder, and immediately thought of your father and his battles with the squirrels :kiss2: Love that Snoopy comic!

Feeling much better today, thanks everyone. I did wake up during the night and thought it was 7 am, looked at my phone and it was only 3! Took me a while to fall back to sleep but I feel ok so hopefully can just plug through the day. I try to eat a low carb diet as much as possible (not super strict but avoid the white carbs) and I found a recipe for "bread" with eggs and almond flour that I'm anxious to try. I have a feeling it's not going to go well but I will report back lol.

Thinking of all the nirdis dealing with health issues and I hope everyone has the best day possible. Xox

Last edited:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, the sky photos you have been taking are over the top gorgeous. Thank you for sharing nature’s bling. You and Austina have met now? And shopped? And taken photos for us??? Thank you for all the kind MOTB comments.

Sharon, here is the scoop. Not much to tell. The wedding is planned for June, but the date has not been set. My DD consulted an astrologer who said June was not a good month. Good golly, isn't life complicated enough without involved strangers in major decisions???
After I silently tore my hair out I told her to get another, more positive focused astrologer.

Right now I am disappointed because I thought buying a house with the kids was going to be lots of fun this fall. Now it turns out they will be living in another part of France for two years because of fiance’s job. And the fun of closing on the house in September, buying furniture together, etc. Is not happening. They will come to the village for the day of the closing only. So for me, things feel as though they are falling apart.
Caring for the sick kitty (and cleaning the airbnb and having my house look like a zoo) and dealing with disappointments AND the dark stormy days is making me a little disconnected from my happy place. But I have my NIRDIs, so thank you.

One duck mother, 76 babies : )
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/24/science/merganser-ducklings-photo.html?module=WatchingPortal&region=c-column-middle-span-region&pgType=Homepage&action=click&mediaId=wide&state=standard&contentPlacement=6&version=internal&contentCollection=www.nytimes.com&contentId=https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/24/science/merganser-ducklings-photo.html&eventName=Watching-article-click

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@junebug17 Glad you were feeling better yesterday and how are you feeling today? Hope you have settled in to being home (or at least your Northeast home) and are enjoying the week. How is sweet Zoe doing? And we all want to know...how did that bread turn out? I miss bread and if you find a delicious gluten free (soy free, egg free, dairy free, legume free, seed free, sugar fee, and a few other frees I cannot remember right now haha:cheeky:) please let me know.:P2 Have fun this week...I remember you have something good planned at the end of this week and hope you have a wonderful time!

@Jimmianne thank you for those lovely comments...I am sending bright and happy thoughts and gentle big hugs your way. The skies might be gloomy and it might be pouring outside but sending you warmth and love. I am sorry your DD and her FI won't be close by for the next few years because of his job but maybe they'll visit you and you will visit them and somehow it will all work out. And remember I am always here ready for your visit. I miss you and think of the fun we would have. Speaking of fun tomorrow's the day. It is purring here and supposed to be rainy all week but it doesn't matter. It will be a good week for @Austina and we are excited for her visit.:appl:

As for your DD and her astrologer my advice is release any worrisome thoughts. Since this is not in your control just let it be and she is an adult and will make her own decisions (and mistakes) and somehow it will all work out. And it helps remove the responsibility and the burden from your shoulders. Cannot control what she does so take peace and comfort in that and let it unfold. And you deserve some R and R because you do so much for everyone else. Please be kind to yourself.(((HUGS))).

@Austina welcome back to NYC! Sorry for the abysmal weather and I hope your travels here are smooth sailing despite the weather. Hope you have a wonderful day and see you soon!

We are back in NYC today and are seeing My Fair Lady today and very much looking forward to it. I haven't read any reviews of the show so no clue what to expect but I like to go in cold anyway and make up my own mind about a show. Now let's just hope we don't get drenched on our way there...it is really coming down today. Cats and dogs here. (haha could you imagine).
rainingcatsanddogs.jpg

Have a wonderful Wednesday girls! Leaving you with a photo from just yesterday of bright blue skies and sunny weather....what a difference a day makes.

beachdayjuly2018.jpg

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning everyone!!
Hi @missy saw your shout out yesterday, forgot to reply (eeek!).. ((((MISSY))))))

So the status of my mouth probs... hahaha. <shrug>

So I started doxy 100mg 2x a day, then I got THRUSH, I never had thrush, but the ID doc said it was and no I take Nystatin too.. doxy giving me huge headaches :) lotsa fun.. Saw the Oral Surgeon yesterday and he said if the bottom half of my jaw continues to be purulent in 2 weeks I get to be put under sedation and cut up in my jaw :) sounds looks oodles of fun - and pain - and a continuation of this horrible bacteria that takes forever to cure, not sure if the doxy or the infection will kill me, one should at this rate.

How is everyone?Thank you everyone who has sent me caring, loving thoughts, vibes and prayers, at this point I'm tired, got a huge headache, but I am going out today with my husband to buy groceries as he can never be trusted to buy what I LIKE :)

Everyone please have a wonderful day, wonderful week and I am going to start reading more if I can.. I send to you all a huge gigundoo.. behemoth hug and caring.

ate

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

What’s happened to the sunshine, woke up (or rather just continued not sleeping :D) to pouring rain as we approached NY?

We arrived at the hotel and the lovely young receptionist said she’d try to get us a room as soon as she could. True to her word, we waited about an hour when she told us she had a room -cue a big tip :lol:

We’re just waiting for Adam and Kim to get here, they land in a few minutes, so shouldn’t be too long, then we’re going out exploring.

Aww @Tekate I can’t believe what horrors you’re enduring with your teeth, I feel so bad for you. I hope the oral surgeon can get this sorted and you can get back to normality. The constant pain must be so draining, you poor thing. Sending a big hug for a swift resolution to this torture. xxx

Have fun at the theatre @missy , another of my favourite shows, hope the performance lives up to expectation. I’m just about fit to burst with excitement about tomorrow :appl:;-)

Awww @Jimmianne how disappointing that all your plans haven’t worked out the way you hoped. Life has a way of throwing a spanner in the works, but I firmly believe that things will work out, and you’ll be able to look back at this time without feeling blue.

Glad you’re feeling better @junebug17 drat to waking up early, it really makes the day drag. Hopefully you’ll have a better night tonight.

Hi @marcy hope you’re week is going well without any annoyances from the brats :D

Keep cool @PierreBear have you had cake for breakfast yet ? I had half a donut with Colin yesterday :lol:

Have a good day lovely ladies, sending a big hug to all who need it :wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

JA--thank you for sharing. You sound disappointed, and I feel for you. Children have a way of tugging at our hearts and emotions....and so many times I say (inside my head)...….kids (and why oh why in the same sentence….LOL)!!??!!!

I hope the weather improves for some serious shopping Austina.

Marcy--your tire problem is unusual, no? Our MB tire sensor used to go off when we changed from summer to winter tires and would warn us about stuff that wasn't happening. Or some such nonsense. Hope you get it worked out.

Hello to all the NIRDI's :wavey:. Spent 2 hours today booking our summer vacation--it isn't supposed to be that difficult!! Anyway, it is done and I am excited to see our East coast...lots of travel but should be fun. Once there, I plan to console myself with a lot of seafood.:lickout:

cheers--Sharon

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

Missy, thanks, I'm enjoying being home - had some good times in SC but it was also somewhat stressful at times. Zoe is doing great, I think she's glad I'm home - although it's kind of hard to tell lol. Unfortunately the bread looked better than it tasted :(2 It tasted a little better toasted, and with lots of pimento cheese on it lol. I'm not giving up, I've found a few others on line I want to try. And it might be a little challenging finding a bread recipe that checks all of your boxes :P2. I'm willing to look though, you never know! I hope you enjoy My Fair Lady, sounds like it will be wonderful. Wow, such a gorgeous pic of the Jersey shore :love:

Jimmianne, I'm so sorry about the disappointment over the house, and I'm sending hugs and love to you. Hopefully you and dd can still visit each other while you're both in France. I hope this bout of sadness passes quickly for you. Sometimes things can just add up and bring one down a bit and I hope you are feeling better soon.

Austina, Have a fabulous time with Kim and Adam, how great you can all get together in the Big Apple. How nice the receptionist got a room for you so quickly. And let us know about any gorgeous diamonds you might happen to run across!

@Tekate, my heart goes out to you for all you are going through, it is just awful and I do hope the antibiotic starts clearing up this infection. Sending lots of healing dust to you, and keeping you in my thoughts. Please take care and be good to yourself - and I hope you bought something really yummy at the store, you deserve it. (((HUGS)))

Sharon, woo-hoo to vacation! Congrats on getting everything booked, I know that can be a real project. And yay to eating lots of seafood, sounds good to me :dance:

I think I'm finally totally free of this goofy sinus headache, felt pretty much back to normal today. Not too much going on with me, just doing some stuff around the house. Here's a pic of the bread I made, I sent this to dd. Isn't it kinda cute? :kiss2:
20F22BBC-E0F0-48DD-86A6-84A0C7ACB158.jpeg

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning everyone!!
Hi @missy saw your shout out yesterday, forgot to reply (eeek!).. ((((MISSY))))))

So the status of my mouth probs... hahaha. <shrug>

So I started doxy 100mg 2x a day, then I got THRUSH, I never had thrush, but the ID doc said it was and no I take Nystatin too.. doxy giving me huge headaches :) lotsa fun.. Saw the Oral Surgeon yesterday and he said if the bottom half of my jaw continues to be purulent in 2 weeks I get to be put under sedation and cut up in my jaw :) sounds looks oodles of fun - and pain - and a continuation of this horrible bacteria that takes forever to cure, not sure if the doxy or the infection will kill me, one should at this rate.

How is everyone?Thank you everyone who has sent me caring, loving thoughts, vibes and prayers, at this point I'm tired, got a huge headache, but I am going out today with my husband to buy groceries as he can never be trusted to buy what I LIKE :)

Everyone please have a wonderful day, wonderful week and I am going to start reading more if I can.. I send to you all a huge gigundoo.. behemoth hug and caring.

ate

@Tekate I have been reading around hangout this week and am so sorry to read about your health issues. I, too, have what you are struggling with. In fact, I am just out of the hospital from the surgery. If you would like to reach out to me please let me know and we can loupetroop each other.
Be well! It’s a struggle I know. :((

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Tekate I have been reading around hangout this week and am so sorry to read about your health issues. I, too, have what you are struggling with. In fact, I am just out of the hospital from the surgery. If you would like to reach out to me please let me know and we can loupetroop each other.
Be well! It’s a struggle I know. :((

healing vibes across the miles......

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tekate, sending you love, hugs and healing dust this morning.

Thanks, June. You are right, how things add up. I am doing some “inner work” this week.
That bread looks beautiful!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@junebug17 oh that bread looks delicious even if the taste isn't that amazing. Nice job and I bet as you keep experimenting you will find just the right balance to make it taste yummy too. I'm sorry some of the trip was stressful but glad overall you had a wonderful time and so glad Zoe is doing well. She missed her mama that is for sure.

@Tekate aww girl, big (((hugs))). Thinking of you every day and sending you bucketloads of healing dust each and every day. Hoping you find steady improvement as the meds work and your body starts healing itself. XOXO.

@Austina ooh me too! And My Fair Lady was just wonderful plus it is my favorite theater in the city. Seats so comfy and just luxurious in every way. We had a great time, thanks for asking. Hope you are enjoying our city so far and hope that continues!!!! And have I mentioned how excited (and a bit nervous too lol because I am a shy person that works to be more extroverted) I am about later. Woohoo!

@Sandeek I'm so sorry you're going through health challenges at the moment and sending you healing vibes and good thoughts and gentle hugs.

@canuk-gal have a wonderful vacation and sorry it was a bit more challenging to book but it will be more than worth it. And yummm to seafood.

Hi @Jimmianne, your "new" avatar makes me smile whenever I notice it.:mrgreen2:

We enjoyed My Fair Lady so much yesterday. The actors so talented, the sets so gorgeous and the music just cannot be beat. Seriously if anyone has the opportunity to see it while it's still here it's a must see.:appl:

myfairlady.jpg

and right outside the theater. So pretty.

outsidelincolncenter.jpg

Have a wonderful day girls!

And leaving you with some truth of the day. Anyone who loves or has loved cats will get this completely.
All I can say is Meeeeeeooooooooowwwwwwwww.

sleepwhileyoucan.png

meowmeow.jpg.png
:lol:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

We’re back from OWD.

I think I may have died and gone to heaven.

First of all, @missy & Greg are the most lovely people (not just because they brought cookies :lickout: ) but because they are the sweetest people you’ll ever have the good fortune to meet :love:

It was so much fun to have Adam show us a dazzling array of beautiful old cuts, and honestly, it’d be hard to choose one, they were all just drop dead gorgeous. The most beautiful though was Bea, wow, wow, wow, what a stunner, and the 8 prong setting showed her off to her best.

I have photos, but they’re on my phone, I promise I’ll post when I’m home.

We’re just going out so I’ll catch up later. :wavey:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all!

Missy, those cat cartoons are so funny, and so true! So glad you had a great time seeing My Fair Lady, sounds like it was a perfect day.

Sandeek, I am so sorry for all your health issues, you have been through a lot and I am sending lots of healing dust your way. I hope you are recovering well and back to normal life soon. (((Hugs))). So nice of you to reach out to Kate during such a difficult time for you.

Jimmianne, thinking of you and hoping you are feeling a little better today.

Austina, how great you were able to meet Missy and Greg! And very happy that you were able to see lots of beautiful diamonds - I agree, Bea is a true beauty!

I was really tired today for some reason, so counting the minutes until I can go to bed - I might even go to bed before the sun sets lol - will check in tomorrow with everyone!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy and @junebug17 and @canuk-gal Thank you so so much for your kind well wishes. It’s been a long road that promises to just keep on giving. I am slowly recovering after my 11 day stay in the hospital. I have at least one other surgery coming and HBOT treatment for weeks as well as IV antibiotics at home. But I have to be thankful they found the infection before it could do more damage.
I would love to talk to @Tekate if she’s is interested because apparently this is very rare and I think it could help us both. Again, many thanks for allowing me to just jump in on on your lovely conversations with a somber note.

Back to regular programming! :kiss2:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Junebug-o-rama--take some early respite. Goodness knows I do!;))

Lovely warm day today and had a good bike ride. My neck still painful. Wotever.

Austina--enjoy your holiday!

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy and @junebug17 and @canuk-gal Thank you so so much for your kind well wishes. It’s been a long road that promises to just keep on giving. I am slowly recovering after my 11 day stay in the hospital. I have at least one other surgery coming and HBOT treatment for weeks as well as IV antibiotics at home. But I have to be thankful they found the infection before it could do more damage.
I would love to talk to @Tekate if she’s is interested because apparently this is very rare and I think it could help us both. Again, many thanks for allowing me to just jump in on on your lovely conversations with a somber note.

Back to regular programming! :kiss2:

This is the program! Bring it on....here is on....keep moving on.....and forward.

This thread is a narrative. A story. Come along. All are welcome.

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Missy, your fruit infused ice water looks delicious. I am so glad that My Fair Lady was a great show. That’s a lot of rain; I hope you didn’t step in poodle. Beautiful beach shot. Love your kitty comics. They are spot on for sure. I am so glad you and Austina got together today. It sounds like Bea was the most beautiful diamond there. What kind of cookies did Greg make for Austina? She had my attention with that right away.

Junebug, i didn’t mind driving my car to the Porsche dealer - well I hated the traffic and road construction - but hey I was driving my car. Did you see the new Macan design they released yesterday? It looks good. It turned out our tires were set on full load instead of partial; which apparently is when you are towing something. i was in and out of the dealer in like 5 minutes. I gave the guy my keys, went to the little Porsche room, got a bottle of water out of the frig, was talking to a salesman and he came and handed me my keys. That was service. I totally chuckled at the squirrel and bird feeder story. My dad sure battled them over the years. I am glad you are feeling better. Darn that your bread just tasted okay, it sure looks good. The only alternate flour I think tastes good is rice flour but it makes food very dense. I have a delicious gluten free PB cookie recipe if you want it. I hope you get plenty of sleep tonight.

Jimmianne, I am glad the NIRDI’s brighten your day. I am sorry to hear so much is going on with you; you have a lot on your plate. It’s hard to just let things unfold that you can’t control. Big hugs to you. Isn’t that duck picture the cutest thing?

Austina, stay dry in all that rain. I am sure all of you had a nice time exploring the Big Apple. I am sure you all had a great time meeting Missy and Greg today. I am so excited to see pictures from your OWD visit. I’ve been ignoring my brats this week. My boss is on vacation so I am spending a lot of time helping our sister department by quality checking some programs. I’m grinning the entire time.

Sharon, I agree people’s children can and will always tug on your heart. That’s the bond that can’t be broken. Yes, my tire problem is unusual. I have trouble in the winter when it’s really cold but that seems normal. The dealer set we had it set on a full load and so that was confusing the readings. It should be fine now. Darn that it took so long to book your summer vacation. I hope you have some fun plans. I am sorry to hear your neck is still sore but I am glad you enjoyed a nice bike ride.

Sandeek, I hope you are doing better.

I seem to have had a busy week. I’d planned a girls night Tuesday night and since Marty didn’t head to LA he joined in on the fun. We ordered in pizza, drank wine and played cards. He put up with 3 giggling girls without complaint. Yesterday I left work about 12:20 and headed to the Porsche dealer. I am glad it was an easy fix. I stopped at a Red Robin and had a burger then headed home. I drove in some heavy rain but made it home before the major rain and hail arrived. I guess we had 2/3 inches in 25 minutes yesterday. We had more heavy rain tonight. My poor flowers look beat up.

I can’t believe tomorrow is Friday already.
Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_4339 2.JPG Here is the base of my PC at work. Like my big diamond?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Peeps! Long time no post. Hope you are all doing well. @Tekate and @Sandeek I hope you ladies feel better and are on the mend. I am so sorry that you both have suffered so much. I too have been dealing with a health issue that I won’t go into here but I feel your frustration and pain. My thoughts are with you.
Gonna just share light stuff. Been on a Balenciaga binge. Here are pics of two bags I got recently.
28C1C268-38A2-40CF-8C28-5A6F1A9C6EE8.jpeg 2D5F0AEB-588A-41E6-86CB-9BF29F58CB4D.jpeg
Just noticed they were Halloween colors.
@Austina so glad you enjoyed your time with @missy and Greg. Yes. They go on my best people list. And visits to OWD are the BEST. @missy I would totally see My Fair Lady. I just bought that and West Side Story for the kids to see. We are scheduled to see Les Mis and Phantom in the next couple of months too. I prefer the old musicals to the new ones. But I did love Jersey Boys. @Jimmianne congratulations to your DD. Exciting. Gosh, to live in France. I wouldn’t mind living in Italy either. I’ve been watching this Netflix series about home buying “in the continent”. I love that show. Hi @AGBF Ok, heading out for now. Take care Team NIRDI.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi LLJsmom. I love your new bags. You can haul a lot of bling home with them. Thanks for liking my work gang. They give me something fun to look at while I work.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls and happy Friday!
1237372v4er6kso38.gif

@Austina it was a pleasure meeting you and Colin. Greg and I so enjoyed our time together yesterday and I hope you will be visiting again soon. We owe you a home cooked meal. Kids invited.:appl:And our offer of adoption stands.:cheeky: I will leave it to you to share any of the bling pics. Thank you for all the Bea love.:kiss2: Enjoy a wonderful couple of days before you go back home and remember you are always welcome to visit us. We look forward to it.:appl:

@junebug17 oh I totally know how that feels and truth telling here-I am not rarely in bed before the sunsets in summer these days. Yup and no guilt. Now if only I could master the art of actual sleeping we'd be in business.:lol: Hope you had a great night's sleep and wake feeling refreshed today. Have a great day and enjoy your time with friends.

@Tekate how are you doing girlfriend? Thinking of you and hoping and praying you are feeling more and more relief and that healing has a hold on you now. ((((HUGS))) and love and lots of good thoughts and the kitties all send their purrs and meowwwws to their Auntie Kate.

@Sandeek you are always welcome here...we are here for you. Sending you healing hugs and good thoughts and lots of good luck ****DUST****. Hope each day you are getting stronger and feeling better. (((Hugs))).

@LLJsmom girl, I miss you and cannot wait for you to come visit us again. Greg and I love you and you are on our best people list too
1237379fdqxrvb3f5.gif

Love the bags. You wear them well and you could make anything look great. Seriously. You have it going on.8-) Yay for you getting tickets for you and the kids to all those wonderful shows. I prefer the oldies too. And loved Jersey Boys. Oldies music right? Some of my happiest memories growing up were when my parents took us to shows. In those days we got half price tickets after standing on line in Times Square for a few hours. And they were a deal. These days I don't think deals like that exist plus I am much pickier (as an adult) and I have very specific seating I want to get so I pay full price. But we don't see everything and so it works out.

@marcy aww no baked goods a la Greg this time. However I think the cookies we got for them were right up there with Greg's cookies because we got them from the Momofuku Milk Bar (chef Christina Tosi from the show Top Chef and other chef shows). We got them an assortment. Baking is on hold at home for now because the heat index is really up there with the humidity off the charts. Our apartment which is already baking
1896249wrr738gi7w.gif
( would become intolerable if we attempted baking at this time. That darn brick really retains the heat and our open space kitchen/dining room and living room facing west doesn't cool off when it is this hot. But next time for sure. NIRDIs you gotta visit us in the cooler weather. :lol: No really, visit us anytime but baked goods depends on the temps.:lickout:

Marcy, that big diamond rocks.8) And girrrrrl you can carry it off. When are you going to set that baby? Cmon now don't leave us hanging.:P2
You had quite the busy week but it all sounds pretty good and sweet the fix was easy at the Porsche dealer. That's what I like to hear. Easy peasy. Glad you made it home before the severe storms. We are getting those later today and I fully intend to become drenched before we get home this evening because the timing of the storms is right when we are going to be heading back home from my bling adventure today. Oh well. Worth getting all wet for no doubt. Fingers crossed.

@canuk-gal ouch sorry your neck hurt after your ride but yay on getting out there and enjoying cycling.
bikebikebike.gif
Glad you are enjoying some lovely summer weather. Any plans for the upcoming weekend?

Sending cool thoughts to you all
1237365xzk9e6ipis.gif
and have a good Friday ladies. Thinking of you and sending hugs and love your way.
slider_grouphugg.gif

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Phew it’s hot and steamy here and we had severe weather warnings this afternoon.

We spent most of the day at the 9/11 museum and memorial, the pools are just so beautifully done and seem a very fitting tribute to all those who died on that terrible day.

Hi @Sandeek so sorry to hear you’re having health issues, hope you’re taking good care and recovering well from your surgery.

Sorry that you’re also dealing with health issues @LLJsmom sending positive thoughts your way. Love the colours of those bags, as Marcy says, you can haul a lot of swag in them ;)2

How did your bread taste @junebug17 it looks really good? Thank goodness your horrible headache has gone, that really wipes you out so no wonder you’re tired.

Love the Snoopy crew @marcy certainly a cheery scene to brighten your day. Glad the tyres were sorted out quickly and you got to have fun with your friends, Marty’s a good sport being an honorary girl for the evening :lol:

Hi @Jimmianne hope the blues have shifted and you’re feeling more upbeat.

Sorry your neck is still painful @canuk-gal Hopefully it’ll ease and you can enjoy your cycling.

Aww thanks for the invite @missy that’s so gracious of you both, and you know we’d love to visit in the future. Glad you’ve had a productive day ;-)

We went to the Top of the Rock yesterday, wow what a spectacular view.

We’ll pack in the morning and leave our bags in Kim’s room, but we need to leave for the airport between 2-3pm, so I may not check in till we get home on Sunday.

Have a great weekend :wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello ya'll:

TGIF! LOL DH and I rode 11 km today--in great weather; we got the best part of the day as it is TS now. I can't believe it was only 11kms--if felt a lot longer. All hills and major roads. I prefer the water and valleys for the beauty and serenity, but my DH says we need scenic variety. His path did take us to a lovely market....but oddly enough, he did not stop to buy groceries or supper. :rodent:

That said I did want to hit the pool but it is under repair so I only did the elliptical, stairs, and bike and treadmill. Oops that sounds like a lot! Not really--bragging is always better than the real thing.:P2

Austina--you've had a productive and fun holiday. Nice to see family and friends.

Missy--how fun you would meet with Austina! And I am glad you enjoyed the theatre.

JuneB--I hope you feel rested.

Marcy--your little (and) big friends look right at home. My DH buys me Minions and the latest were the stuffed trio (Winnie, Eeyore, and Tigger) as the Christopher Robin movie is coming out. =)2

:wavey:NIRDIS

cheers--Sharon

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello ya'll:

TGIF! LOL DH and I rode 11 km today--in great weather; we got the best part of the day as it is TS now. I can't believe it was only 11kms--if felt a lot longer. All hills and major roads. I prefer the water and valleys for the beauty and serenity, but my DH says we need scenic variety. His path did take us to a lovely market....but oddly enough, he did not stop to buy groceries or supper. :rodent:

That said I did want to hit the pool but it is under repair so I only did the elliptical, stairs, and bike and treadmill. Oops that sounds like a lot! Not really--bragging is always better than the real thing.:P2

Austina--you've had a productive and fun holiday. Nice to see family and friends.

Missy--how fun you would meet with Austina! And I am glad you enjoyed the theatre.

JuneB--I hope you feel rested.

Marcy--your little (and) big friends look right at home. My DH buys me Minions and the latest were the stuffed trio (Winnie, Eeyore, and Tigger) as the Christopher Robin movie is coming out. =)2

:wavey:NIRDIS

cheers--Sharon
Sharon, getting in a workout is always something to brag about. It's a blessing that our bodies can, whatever your workout is. :)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's!

Missy, I am going to have to try that Milk Bar - you've mentioned it before. And I do love cookies. I totally get holding off baking right now with the heat. My work diamond would certainly work for full finger coverage - or would that be fingers? :lol: I've been anxious to hear about today's bling adventure. i hope you stay safe from the storm.

Austina, I've heard the 9/11 museum and memorial are something to see. I am glad there is such a nice tribute to all those we lost on that horrible day. I am glad you guys are enjoying the sights. Have a safe trip home.

Sharon, I agree with you on TGIF. It seems like a long week. The long ride with your DH today sounds really nice. And then you had a serious workout on top of that. Woo hoo! I love the Minions. By BIL found me Bob that you fold up the suction cup on the bottom then drop him; sucker shots 6 - 7 feet in the air. It's pretty cute but I know Marty would break something with it so I took it to work. I have Minions laughing as my text alert. I am sure it drives people at work bonkers hearing that going off all day. The new Winnie, Eeyore and Tigger sound cute.

I am so glad it's finally the weekend. I had Marty take me to work today since they were predicting more hail today. The putz picked me up in my car and we had to race a thunderstorm home. Of course Marty accepted that challenge.
I have no idea what's going on this weekend. I have my usual chores and Marty leaves for LA again on Sunday.
I hope you have a great weekend.

Take care.
Marcy

This is a picture from a DOT webcam here last night. They had to get out snow plows to clear out the hail.

storm.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

@junebug17 hope you're having a lovely weekend!

@LLJsmom thank you for always being there to help me think through things and offer your wise perspective. So wise for someone so young. And yes true dat...anything our bodies can do these days is a true blessing. I, for one, never take that for granted. Long may the NIRDIs thrive and be energetic and enjoy everything life has to offer. :sun:

@canuk-gal hills and major roads are challenging and the distance doesn't matter as much as the grueling path you are taking and doing the elliptical and stairs and treadmill in addition whew, I am tired just reading about that hahaha. Nicely done!

@Austina so pleased you enjoyed a lovely day yesterday and got to see all the sights and really experience the best (there's lots more so you must come back soon hehe) of NYC. So sorry our terrible weather did not cooperate this week. But you and your family brightened our gray and gloomy skies so thank you for that! Have a safe trip home and speak with you very soon!:appl:

@marcy Wow that is some hail :geek2: I am glad Marty drove you yesterday and that looks like some nasty weather you are having. Same here. As @Austina wrote there were some severe thunderstorms yesterday and I (and everyone else with a mobile) kept getting extremely loud and obnoxious alert messages on their phones. It was quite jarring and disconcerting and I am a seasoned NYer. I can only imagine how Austina felt.

And I am sorry I have been remiss in letting you know how everything went at the antique show and will contact you. I have much news but not ready to share on the forum right now. Suffice to say I and another PSer are very happy campers indeed and hopefully we can share the happy news very soon. OMG my poor heart cannot take this excitement.:lol:
As soon as the cooler weather prevails perhaps we will have baked goods for you lovely ladies. I feel badly we skipped a year or 2 and if we have the energy and wherewithal come autumn fresh baked cookies a la Greg I promise. But shhh:shhh: don't tell him yet.:whistle:
:lickout:

@Tekate how are you feeling today? How did your visit go with your family? Thinking of you and always sending good thoughts and healing vibes your way. (((Hugs))).

@Sandeek how are you doing? I wish you and Kate were not dealing with this awful pain and I hope and pray you are both finding relief and comfort and thinking good thoughts for you too. (((Hugs))).

@Jimmianne sending you sunny thoughts and gentle hugs and much love. One of my favorite people and you deserve everything good in life. (((Hugs))).

We are off to the beach this AM and so much to do and just the thought of gathering all the kitties up plus everything else well I am tired thinking about all we have to do.:snore::snore::snore: But looking forward to being there even if only for a few days this time as we are heading back to the city for a doctor's appointment in the middle of the week. I also have an appointment with the PA this Monday at the beach and hope my lab results are back. It is a bit less than 2 weeks so chances are they are not back yet as they took some very involved tests but I forgot to call yesterday and now the office is closed till my appointment early Monday AM so won't be able to check and see before we go there. See my foggy brain cannot remember to do the simplest things but oh well.

Anyway everyone have a wonderful Caturday Saturday!:wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's!

Missy, I hope your storms settle down. I have several weather apps and my phone and iPads have been pinging like crazy this week too. I should set some of them to no alerts. Okay I'll wait for the entire story on your exciting news. If I have to, I will. I hope your trip to the beach house was uneventful and the kitties are enjoying the view. Good luck with the meeting on Monday with the PA. I hope your tests are back. Enjoy cycling, kitties and the ocean.

I went grocery shopping first thing this morning. Marty was out playing golf. I am almost done with laundry. i got some strawberries for supper and will make some mini meatloaves for us as well. Tomorrow I'm cooking some BBQ ribs int he crock pot so they'll be ready when Marty gets home from golf.

I'm yawning. Wish I believed in naps. Marty is napping away right now.
Take care.
Marcy

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi lovelies

We’re in the lounge waiting for the flight, just had dinner as we want to get to sleep as quickly as possible once we’re on the plane.

The trip has been absolutely great, but I feel we’ve been away for weeks :-o Can’t wait to get home tomorrow morning and collect Dottie, I forgot when we booked this trip that it was her birthday today :oops:

I can’t believe your weather @marcy, I feel like I’ve been permanently sweltering for weeks, it was another hot & sticky day today :eek2: We went to Grand Central Station this morning to admire the beautiful architecture.

Kim’s friend arrived yesterday with her 7 year old son. Kim told him Colin is a Cookie Monster and that I’m a fairy :lol: He was asking lots of questions, and asked a maths question which Colin answered, so Kim told him that he’s also a Mathemagician. He asked when my wings came out, so I told him only at night, and I’d sprinkle the other passengers with fairy dust so they’d go to sleep and not see them :D The innocence of youth!

Glad you’re back at the beach house @missy, hope it’s nice and cool there.

Have a great weekend lovely NIRDIs, see you on the other side. :wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi lovelies

We’re in the lounge waiting for the flight, just had dinner as we want to get to sleep as quickly as possible once we’re on the plane.

The trip has been absolutely great, but I feel we’ve been away for weeks :-o Can’t wait to get home tomorrow morning and collect Dottie, I forgot when we booked this trip that it was her birthday today :oops:
Kim’s friend arrived yesterday with her 7 year old son. Kim told him Colin is a Cookie Monster and that I’m a fairy :lol: He was asking lots of questions, and asked a maths question which Colin answered, so Kim told him that he’s also a Mathemagician. He asked when my wings came out, so I told him only at night, and I’d sprinkle the other passengers with fairy dust so they’d go to sleep and not see them :D The innocence of youth!

Sweet story Austina. So sweet dreams to you both. (and all the other passengers....:))) nite

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results