carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

We’re home and really tired. It’s a fast flight from JFK, plus there was a small child in the cabin, crying and screaming, so no sleep.

We’ve unpacked, cleaned up and collected Dottie.

As promised, some photos from our trip to OWD. They ranged from just under 3cts to nearly 3.5ct plus a gorgeous cushion.
9D349D84-9BF6-4764-82EA-B11FDE7E2DF3.jpeg 77150792-F26B-4691-B414-BC0D49770FDD.jpeg AB4D9BCD-E88F-4A34-A266-F09390CC5CB0.jpeg
284C0DCC-2B68-4CE8-A5C6-BD4FAF7E48CF.jpeg 36FCDA58-00CD-4901-9CFC-22807A99CECE.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!
glasses_hand2.gif
How did Sunday get here so fast? And how is August almost here? :o

Welcome home @Austina!
welcome_back001.gif

How is sweet Dottie? A very happy birthday to her. You all must be exhausted. Hope today is a good unwinding day and you don't try to do everything. Take your time unpacking and hope it feels wonderful to be home again.:wavey:

Hubba hubba to the OECs.:love: It might be hard to get good photos but they all look beautiful even in not so great photos.:kiss2: Tiny tables and puffy crowns make my heart go pitter patter.
luv12.gif

@marcy yes our storms are gone and no rain for the next few days I believe. Hope Marty had a good golf game and I am with you. Wish I believed in naps too.:snore: I actually slept OK last night and hope you also had a good night's sleep. Strawberries yummm. I have been putting them in my fruit infused water and yesterday got brave and added a few to my smoothie. I cannot eat too many or I get hives so I was cautious and no reaction with 3 in my smoothie. Might add a few more today and see how it goes. I am living on the edge.:P2 Any plans for today?

@Tekate how are you doing? Thinking of you.

@canuk-gal how are you feeling? How has the home physio been going? I am supposed to start (home) yoga and relaxation and meditation but I have been procrastinating as I have no clue how to do any of those. My NP gave me some recommendations for amazon tapes/youtube recs but I have been not looking forward to starting. I guess I am not a "relaxation" person but I need to start being one- yes.

If anyone has good relaxation and/or beginning yoga recommendations and meditation recs for at home exercises please share them with me. Thanks.

We arrived here yesterday AM at 8 and got on the bikes after unpacking and had a sweet but very warm 40 plus mile ride. That kicked my a** more than usual because after we got home I sort of crashed in a way I never did before. Like legs too heavy to walk up the stairs and my eyes were so tired I had trouble keeping them open and just a complete and total fatigue came over me. So strange and unpleasant. I was well hydrated and I had eaten and even after dinner I was very very tired. Went to bed my usual 9PM time (OK about 15 minutes before that haha) and fell asleep by 10PM or so and wake my normal 3 or 4 times during the night but was able to fall back asleep each time and slept much later than my usual 3:45/4AM wake time and got out of bed at 6AM so not bad overall. Hoping today is a more energizing day and I don't feel that fatigue again. Heading out in a little while to cycle and we will see how it goes.

Leaving you with a last weekend in July beach scene from our ride yesterday. August is just around the corner.

endofjulybeachscene.jpg

Enjoy a wonderful day girls!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Austina, beautiful photos. Love love love. Are any of these canidates?
It was Issy’s birthday this week too [!] and she got a new chuck-it ball which she carries everywhere. She is now five. How old is Dottie? Welcome home. Oh no to kid crying in the plane. Let us chip in for a private jet! Then we can take Dottie and Issy with us and leave other people’s children home.

Thanks, Missy. Life is getting sunnier here. Only 39 days until I go back to France!
Wow, you really got in the nap zone. As my Mom always said- you must have REALLY needed it. It does sound like a deep healing sleep. Btw, I take magnesium before bed and sleep better. According to my Fitbit data, it shows that I get more deep sleep with magnesium and less with melatonin. This getting good sleep thing is a big issue, sad to say.

Marcy, I had to laugh when I read that he picked you up in your car.
A good guy gone bad LOL
I’ve been eating sliced fillet mignon on croissants with butter. Almost on par with cookies.
See how domestic! I actually cooked. But it was for the cat, so maybe that doesn’t count.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Morning NIRDIs! Austina--glad your flight was short but doesn't sound very sweet. I cannot recall the last time there were not screaming children on flights--I know it is difficult for them to travel and be comfortable. Anyway, rest up. I didn't know you were in the market for a large diamond--thanks for sharing pictures. I loved seeing a whole tray of sparklies!!

I hope you feel rested today MIssy. And I hope your bike ride is good. Lovely beach shots!

I cannot believe it is August. I am a littlie sad actually--as we had such a prolonged and unusually cold winter that I feel it is too soon to be returning to those experiences. I really do not handle the cold--at all.

JA--how exciting to be returning to France! Any projects planned once there?

Not sure what we'll do today.:wavey: We went to Banff yesterday and it was lovely. My neck seems OK, getting better. It's been a long slog!

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's!

Austina, isn't it strange how being away from home is so tiring yet fun? And it seems like you've been gone forever but time flies by? I am glad you had such a nice time though. Darn that there was a screaming and crying kid on the flight home? That is why Marty loves his noise cancelling Bose. I love the diamond pictures. Did you fall in love with any of them?

Missy, I am happy to hear you had a good night's sleep. i am sorry you were so tired yesterday. I slept okay. I woke up several times and got up about 6:30. I hope the strawberries don't give you hives. Pork, chicken and too many tomatoes will give me hives. I keep lots of Benadryl cream around for that very reason. Great shot of the beach.

Jimmianne, happy birthday Issy! I am glad she loves her new ball. Interesting about magnesium; I wake up several times a night. I love those nights I don't wake up until my alarm goes off. Wow you are going back to France pretty soon. Cool. I totally chuckled at "a good guy gone bad". Many times we don't see things through the same logical eyes. i bet sliced filet on croissant is good. I am out of leftover steak for my lunch; I need to fix that and pick up some delicious flaky, buttery croissants. Good idea. As for as good as cookies - I am totally a cookie monster so I'll have to be convinced of that. But I will give it a try.

Sharon, good point about all flights have a crying, screaming kid. Maybe those screaming kids don't like being crammed in seats with no leg room either but don't suppress it like the rest of us do. I am glad to hear your neck is improving.

24 hours and no rain or hail. Can it last? Time will tell.
Marty is out playing golf. He has to leave at about 2:30 today. I have potatoes baking in the oven and some BBQ ribs cooking in the crock pot. I'll make us a dish of strawberries shortly so he can eat and go when he gets home.
The thrill-o-meter isn't pegging or anything.

Take care.
Marcy
SnoopCookies.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
See - it never pays to get braggadocios. I just spent an hour in the basement because of tornado warnings. We had lots of rain, some hail and lots of spinning clouds. The man cave is chilly but the recliners are sure comfy.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
See - it never pays to get braggadocios. I just spent an hour in the basement because of tornado warnings. We had lots of rain, some hail and lots of spinning clouds. The man cave is chilly but the recliners are sure comfy.

Me no likey funnel clouds---there were warnings of the same in my home own early this week....Stay safe girl!

cheers--Sharon

Reactions: AV_

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@missy So glad you liked My Fair Lady - such great music - and getting to see Bette in Dolly. I saw her doing her own show once and she's such a great entertainer. Still think you should go see Hamilton . . . .
@Austina Isn't OWD fabulous? I have an OEC from him that Missy scouted for me, a pair of antique cushion earrings, and a six-stone band. Love them all!!
@junebug17 Glad you've gotten some time in SC and to hang out with the family. Hope you're feel more lively too.
@Jimmianne You're a great caretaker of all things winged or four-legged. They are lucky to have you.
@marcy Are you getting the heat we're having here? We're all melting, and fire season is probably going to get even worse. And giving away garnet jewelry? Lucky friend.
@LLJsmom Love the Balenciaga bags! Life is better with a hobo! Sorry to hear about the health issues.
@PierreBear Sounds like life has been busy. Hope all is well.
@Scandinavian Looks like you're traveling again to ancient places. Have a great time!
@canuk-gal Glad to hear your neck is feeling better. Keep on cycling, girl!
@Tekate Being in pain is so hard. I hope you've finally been able to turn the corner on your teeth and jaw issues.

I'm here on the island. I had guests, including a very sweet Golden retriever. It was nice to have a dog back in the house, but it was also a reminder of how much work they can be, especially around salt water and after walks in the woods. No long-haired pups for me in the future. Short coat all the way. Headed north in a week, but wanted to do a quick check-in to prove I'm still alive!!

Take care, everyone!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Feeling human again today. After unpacking and collecting Dottie yesterday, we did absolutely nothing. We had a nap for an hour, then just caught up on some shows I’d recorded. Went to bed at the normal time and slept till 6am, but didn’t get up till 8am.

Lots of washing to do today, but fortunately it’s dull so I’ll be able to get all the linen clothes ironed without melting.

Hi @Jimmianne Dottie is 8 now, so quite an old girl for a big dog. if you look at the photos, the 3rd diamond was really interesting, it’s round but slightly cushiony and the big cushion particularly caught my eye. Honestly, even the ones that Adam said weren’t necessarily his favourite, were all really beautiful. I can’t remember how many he showed us, but I’d have been delighted with any of them.

Hi @rainwood hope all is well with you. TBH I didn’t know I was interested either till I joined PS :lol: I blame Missy and Pierrebear, until I saw OECs in the flesh, I had no idea I wanted one.

:-o @marcy, glad the tornado passed you by, that must be scary to have to take refuge and wait it out. Thank goodness everything’s ok. It did feel that we’d been away ages, and if we didn’t have Tom taking such good care of Dottie, I wouldn’t contemplate leaving her for so long.

My heart sank when we saw the couple come into the lounge with the child, I knew she’d been in our flight. The annoying thing is, when I passed the father on my way to change, he was fast asleep :x2

Aww @missy That sounds awful, I hope you had a better day yesterday, take good care and don’t overdo it. Everything crossed your appt today goes well and brings some positive options for you to try.

The cookie monsters enjoyed the cookies, they were absolutely delicious and we’re devoured very quickly :lol: I’m not sure my hips are grateful, but I’ll just need to walk more :D

Hi @canuk-gal I hope your weather behaves and you don’t get any extremes this week.

Continuing to send healing thoughts to @Tekate and @LLJsmom and all those needing them, I hope you’ll soon be back to fighting fit.

:wavey:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How is everyone’s thrill-o-meter this morning? (Thank you, Marcy, for the new word).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

@rainwood so happy you are enjoying and having a wonderful time with friends and family. And does this mean a short haired pup is in your future? OMG trying not to get too excited for you but :appl: Dogs are so amazing but yes lots of work. I think I would really miss having animals as family members though with all your traveling it is a challenge right now. Confident when the time is right you will know.
As for Hamilton, OK, you have talked me into it...next visit (after this one) let's go together. I know you wouldn't mind seeing it again!:P2 And this time I will get us first row mezzanine center!
:appl:

@marcy oy thank goodness you were safe. That is terrifying. I cannot even imagine. Hurricanes and bad Nor'easters here are scary enough but add tornados and aiiiy aiiiy aiiiy. Glad it passed without incident and that you are smart about all of that and know just what to do. Love that cartoon hahaha. Love your new word Thrill O Meter and I would like to keep mine low as well. Anything to minimize my adrenaline as I feel it surging right now quite enough. Gotta find those relaxation tapes and mediation youtube recs to start on the path of soothing mindful peace. Ahhhhhh feeling it wash over me like a spring rainfall in a happy quiet place nice and comfortable. See? I am trying.:lol:

@Austina yay for feeling human again and being back home with Dottie. You recovered quickly nice going. We had a good cycling day yesterday and I increased my T3 meds and it seemed to help. I don't like being my own doctor however but doing the best I can...Thanks for your good wishes. I am super nervous right now because my lab results might be in today and we are heading there anyway as no one from the office called us to cancel though they are disorganized and I should have called them since it is less than 2 weeks. Anyway will know in a few hours if the trip there is wasted.

Glad everyone enjoyed the cookies and I wish we could have given you homemade but hopefully next time.

@canuk-gal yay! So happy your neck is feeling better and hope that means more cycling to enjoy. I am with you. Sad that it is almost August and I too am not ready for summer to be over. The days are already noticeably shorter with nighttime falling more quickly and I am not a fan of the freezing weather either. So let's make August a wonderful month that lasts and lasts and has great weather to boot. No more "pants" weather please!:bigsmile:

@Jimmianne woohoo 38 more days! I am excited for you.:appl:Happy birthday Issy! I take 400 mg of magnesium glycinate before bed (been doing that for many years but not sure it's helping though I don't think it is hurting and magnesium is important so I continue to take it) with my LDN. Just increased my LDN to 2 mg. Going slow and seeing how it goes.

Big (((hugs))) to @Tekate and @Sandeek and anyone else dealing with challenging health issues. Keeping you all in my thoughts.
@Tekate take your time and yes we miss you here but do not stress yourself in anyway to post etc. We know you are here and we are here for you whether you post or not. Just want you to know that. (((HUGS))).

Hoping I didn't leave anyone out and for those of you who don't post and you know who you are don't worry. We are here for you and sending you all good thoughts and hugs and all that good stuff.

Have a wonderful day girls! (((Hugs))).:wavey:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

Missy, so nice you are back at the beach, if only for a few days - good luck with the PA today and I hope you get the lab results back. I'm hoping you don't experience that fatique again, and sorry to hear about your sleep issues. I used an eye mask last night and it sounds silly but I think it helped me sleep a little better. I use earplugs too, which I also think helps. Enjoy your time at the beach, I hope you and Greg can get some cycling in.

Marcy, I was glad to read that your trip to the Porsche dealer went so well and it was an easy fix. Yes, the Macan is a joy to drive, that's for sure. You know, at first I felt a little unsettled that changes were made to the Macan right after I bought one lol - it bugged me a bit at first but I am happy with my car so I'm not letting it bother me anymore. I would love your gluten free cookie recipe! Love your Snoopies that keep you company at work, so cute. Wow, you are having some volitile weather and I'm sorry you had to head to the basement, that must have been scary. That Snoopy cartoon is adorable :D

LLJsmom, Love your new bags! So fun and I'm sure you'll enjoy them. Sending lots of healing vibes to you, thinking of you and I hope you feel better soon.

Sharon, glad you've been able to get some activity and exercise despite your sore neck. I'm really happy it seems to be bothering you less, fingers crossed that continues! I'm with you on not wanting summer to end, I am not looking forward to the cold weather at all.

Austina, so glad the final phase of your trip went well and you had a good time in NY. All of the diamonds you saw look beautiful! Amazing :love: Oh no to a crying child! That's tough, especially on such a long flight. Welcome home, sounds like you and Colin are adjusting and feeling more back to normal, and it must be great to be reunited with your sweet Dottie. The bread ended up not tasting that great, but was better with a lot of cream chees piled on it LOL

Jimmianne, I'm glad you have an upcoming trip to France to look forward to, I know you love being there so much. Your croissant sandwich sounds yummy, an unexpected treat!

Rainwood, hi! So great to hear from you. Glad you had company recently, and how fun to have a dog in the house again. Have a great trip next week!

Not much new with me - dh and I did go on a dinner cruise on Friday with my friend and we had a nice time - weather wasn't great but we still saw some pretty sights of the NY skyline and the Statute of Liberty. The food was really good and it was a fun experience. We're having a new roof put on and they should be finished today. Some banging but not as bad as I thought it would be.

Hope everyone has a good Monday!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy and all my GFs here, good morning. So far I am at a standstill in a way. Thrush keeps lurking it's yucky head in my throat :( but if I take the Nystatin it goes away.. Hopefully they will come up with something else. sick of my jaw hurting etc blah blah. even I bore myself these days.

@junebug17 a dinner cruise ?? NY skyline = heaven to me.. sounds wonderful! maybe someday I can ride in your porsche!

@marcy I would love a Porsche!! maybe even a Maserati SUV.. hope all is fixed in your gorgeous car.

@canuk-gal dear girl.. neck probs are a PITA.. my older son and I have had the same neck pain most of our lives.. PT does work, but not forever.. I hope you feel well !!!

@Jimmianne Hi !!! hope all is well.

@Sandeek you take care of yourself.!!!!!

@LLJsmom niiice bags!!! feel better real soon!!!

@Austina love your handle and glad all went well girl!!!

@rainwood greetings and HOLA! :)

if I miss you it's because I have been skimming...

@missy the marvelous missy, the magnificent missy! the kind missy! the regular all around best type of GF, a good a friend, your continual caring for me has made all the difference, you know girlie I always say I am lucky, well I AM lucky you and everyone wonderful woman on this board is compassionate, kind and a diamond/jewel lover, MY KIND of peeps, the best.

Kate

P

PierreBear

Quick hello to all you wonderful ladies! So exciting that @missy and @Austina got to meet up and go on an OWD adventure. Thanks for sharing those photos.... hard to pick just one of them to take home!

Update is that we had a fun weekend along the cost. Went on a chartered fishing trip with family. Guide was very nice and helped us catch 30 fish total. Hit our limit on drum but only reached half the limit on trout. Fun experience even though I was terrible at it. Hope to make it an annual trip with family. Ok still playing catch up from being out at a work conference etc. Hope to jump back into this thread but just wanted to say I'm alive and will be eating fish for awhile!

Have a wonderful day everyone!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Tekate: healing vibes your way!!!! I hope the toonie sized hail doesn't get in the way of those vibes....LOL only Environment Canada would describe (possible storms with) hail in those (Canadian Currency) :lol-2:dimensions... LOL Why don't they use my lingo....20CTW sized hail!!!!

PB--fish is good! (hope you have a big freezer)

Had a busy day=hope all is well with NIRDIs!

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Junebug, here is the glutton free PB cookie recipe. These things melt in your mouth and are delicious.

1 cup peanut butter (I use Jif creamy)
1 egg
1 cup sugar
¼ tsp vanilla

Mix all ingredients, scoop about a tablespoon or less onto cookie sheet (I use parchment paper to line my cookie sheet) bake at 350* for 7-10 minute. While they bake, the cookies will have a “shine” to them. As soon as the “shine” is gone, they are done. Allow to cool a few minutes and enjoy. Store in airtight container

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Sharon, I hope your home town didn’t have any tornado damage. I went to the man cave when the tornado sirens went off and the weather radar showed that hook right over the blue dot that showed “me”. Today it’s bright and sunny. I’ll take it.

Rainwood, I was just recently thinking about you4 6 stone band from OWD. It’s on my maybe sometime list. We’ve been hotter than normal here for July and yes fires are horrible both here and there. Today cooled off to the 60’s - it was 43 when I got up this morning. Rather chilly for July but all the rain and hail we had yesterday probably helped that temperature drop. I often give things away just to clear things out and I don’t want to hassle trying to sell something. When I was teaching they had a campus swap email that went to all college employees. I could sell stuff without an effort that way. I miss that. It sounds like you had a nice time on the island. Have fun and a safe trip north.

Austina, I am glad you are adjusting to local time already. Marty often spends a day or two on the couch after traveling further than anything with an 8 hour difference. Having someone you trust with Dottie makes it a lot easier to travel. That is awesome. The east side of town had a lot of bad hail damage. Windows and skylights broke, windshields and cars trashed and then some flooding on top of the damage. i guess they had up to 3” inch hail in some places. We always seem to end up by the screaming kids in restaurants. That is why we try to always eat in the bar.

Jimmianne, I am glad I could provide you with a new word.

Missy, i wasn’t taking any chances on tornadoes yesterday. You could see the hooks on radar and they can drop in a flash; once that one cell was near my location I was in the basement. I’ll go out and watch lightning and hail but those windy, spinny things no way. Good plan to try some relaxation methods, I hope you find something that helps. When I was teaching and working I got so stressed and worked up I couldn’t sleep so I started either knitting, reading or looking at a magazine for at least 10 minutes before I went to bed. Sometimes I was up until after midnight but it did start helping me. I had some “me” time. I hope your appointment went well today.

Junebug, I sleep better with ear plugs and in a completely dark room too. When we stayed with Marty’s sister in Arizona she had paper taped over her high windows in that room so I saw light all the time. I bought one of those masks and it really helped. I definitely checked out the Macan revisions but I didn’t see anything that made me envious. My little Snoopy’s do keep me company at work. Our local weather service released their numbers on tornado and severe thunderstorm warnings so far this season and we are already well over the past 10 years and it’s only July. It’s been crazy. Your dinner cruise sounds really nice. I’d do that; I don’t think I’d like a cruise, cruise though. I hope they get your roof done today.

Tekate, I can totally see why you’d be tired of a sore jaw; I hope you get some relief. I hope you get a Porsche or a Maserati. I am totally loving my Macan.

PierreBear, your weekend fishing trip sounds like a lot of fun. Enjoy your fresh fish.

One day down, four to go. Who do I see about reversing work versus weekend time?

I decided to run my oven cleaner last night. Too bad I read the directions after I started but luckily my light and oven racks survived the 4 hour cleaning. I have a 2, 3 or 4 hour option but it’s determined by how many time you push the self clean button. One push equals 4 hours. Who knew? I checked this morning and the insides all looked the same. We need a new drain motor on our dishwasher already. It’s only 3 years old.

Take care.
Marcy

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@marcy glad you went underground right quick!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks LLJsmom. If Marty had been home I might have been more brave.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@junebug17 thanks dear Junie. You are always so sweet and kind and generous and warm. Means more to me than I can say. We have enjoyed the long weekend here and did get in cycling so yay. So glad you got to sleep a better sleep with the sleep mask on...that is wonderful. Long may that continue. Very happy you enjoyed such a good time on the dinner cruise with your friends on Friday. Missed you but definitely happy you had lots of fun. Weather wasn't bad at all either so glad it cooperated for the most part. Good luck with the rest of the roof installation.

@Tekate aww you are too sweet and thank you. I feel the same about you and I am always here for you. Darn how slow it is going for you to heal and feel better but I know you will get there. You are strong and can make it through and we are all sending so much good luck and healing dust and love your way. Dear Kate what you are going through is super challenging but you are doing it and you will get through it and please hang in there. (((HUGS))).

@marcy I am just relieved you were smart and stayed safe and it was better Marty wasn't there if you would've taken more chances with your safety during the tornado warnings. No messing with those OK? Bummer you need a new drain on the dishwasher already. They don't make stuff the way they used to that is for sure. Thanks for the good wishes on the appointment. Another one tomorrow and that one is stressful. I have to convince the new endocrinologist to prescribe the meds for me or I will be out this week and then up the wazoo...

Hahaha love the "glutton" free PB cookie recipe :lol:

@PierreBear woohoo to enjoying a lovely weekend at the coast and yummm to fish. Make sure you aren't eating too much of the high mercury fish OK? And then enjoy.

@Sandeek how are you doing? You are in my thoughts and I hope you are feeling better. Sometimes it takes too much energy to post so no pressure. There are many days I don't feel like it myself lol but these girls always cheer me up. The caring concern and support and love makes a difference and even if you don't post we are here for you too. XO.

@canuk-gal hope you have a lovely week.

@rainwood have a great trip...as I said it is a trip of a lifetime indeed and well my favorite one to date. Enjoy, have fun and take lots of gorgeous photos. You are my very favorite photographer and have such an amazing eye. Love your photos. Safe travels and have fun.

@LLJsmom hope you are having a good week. I keep forgetting to ask you how the insurance issue is going with your DD. Can you remind me next time we chat? I am sorry my mind is a sieve these days and if I write it down I will forget where...

@Austina how is your week going back home? Are you recuperating and recovered from jet lag? I remember last time I traveled to England it took me days to recover from jet lag going there. Hopefully you are already back on schedule and feeling very well. Hug sweet Dottie please from me.

@Jimmianne dear girl how's it going? Any new plans for your DD's wedding? How are all the fur babies doing? What is it now...37 days till France? Something like that.

So I saw the PA in the holistic practice and in a nutshell I have been exposed to high levels of mold and I am extremely allergic. She said I could be getting that from just cycling outside in the summer and spring and fall months so what can I do about that? Anyway she started me on some powders and drops (and I am trying not to feel like this is all hocus pocus but the cynical NYer in me lol...). She also said I have "mild' leaky gut (not sure how she made that determination) and added some other things to my regimen. Sadly I lost more weight and am now under a hundred pounds. This is not acceptable (to me) and I am working very hard now to gain some weight back. All due to the fact I cut out nuts from my eating regime 3 months ago. Yet she still wants me to stay with the AIP since it is healing my gut.

And all this and my thyroid is still severely low functioning and my palpitations remain but she feels she doesn't want to treat my hypothyroidism despite how low because according to her I am too thin to be put on the meds and she feels it is better to address gut and other issues first. BUT in the meantime I am worried as very low thyroid causes palps and A-fib and I don't know where to turn.

Seeing a new endocrinologist tomorrow but at this point I don't really have optimism he will get it and understand my health issues as they are complex and seem beyond most doctors I have seen. Adrenal issues making it impossible to accept/absorb the proper thyroid meds and add the MTHFR mutations and SNPs to the mix and we have a huge mess. That's where I am right now. I just so badly want to find a doctor who can take on my case and help me. And I am out of meds this week so if this new endocrinologist doesn't prescribe NDTs and T3 and will only prescribe synthetic T4 I am going to be SOL. I cannot convert T4 to T3 and I have issues causing pooling and high RT3 so there you go. In a nut (hahaha get it) shell. This is where I am right now. Thanks for reading and I continue persevering.

Heading back to NYC today with all the kitties and my dh.
Have a wonderful day ladies and sending good wishes and hugs your way.:wavey:

P

PierreBear

Good morning! Pretty normal day of cleaning cat vomit in the morning and squashing a bug at work. Haha… but did get a run in the morning before the sun came up. Still love starting off my day that way. Hope everyone is doing well. Trying to get caught up so apologies for not identifying all you wonderful ladies individually.

@canuk-gal – Funny thing is that we brought two coolers down to bring back fish. Fish filets of 30 fish packs down into 3 gallon bags. Hahaha… didn’t need all that room.

@marcy – Yum simple ingredients for those delicious cookies. Good for you on running the oven cleaner. I have no idea that the oven can clean itself. I’ll have to check to see if ours does it. I guess it just burns it at a high heat so kill off/burn everything? Sorry to hear about getting a new motor for your dishwasher. It pains me that appliances don’t last long anymore.

@missy – Yes, need to do a mercury check. Appreciate you looking out for my health. Hope you have a good visit with the new endocrinologist tomorrow and get the right medication you need. Hang in there my dear friend and sorry to hear about the wait lost. But glad to hear that it is healing your gut. I’m not sure what “leaky” gut means… you aren’t absorbing the right nutrients?

@Austina – welcome back home. Did you or Colin get home sick? Hope Dottie is doing well!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM @PierreBear, yes exactly. I’m not absorbing nutrients vitamins etc from food and supplements. And food particles “leak” into my blood stream causing autoimmune reactions. Not so pleasant a picture if you kwim.
:knockout:

Hear you on the cat vomit and bug squashing. Just another day right?:lol:
Speaking of cat vomit I tested off the charts allergic to cat dander. No surprises there. Oh well one must suffer for their passions and their love.

Ok go enjoy that fresh fish safely and have a good day. :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sir Tommy is looking at us saying noooooo wanna stay at beach.:cool2: Look at that face. Awwwwww:kiss2:

E5944B6E-EA1F-4DEE-955B-1C9811317074.jpeg

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy and all of the NIRDIs thank you so much for the caring words. I have been following along but am at a loss as to what to say/write. Sadly, I’m feeling quite down right now and find myself being a recluse. I’m a little self conscious of the changes to my jaw and face (probably only I notice).
I’m busy with Dr appts and at home visits but please know I am feeling the love from you ladies, even though I so rudely interrupted your conversations! Oops
Missy I feel terrible that you are struggling health wise. It can be so draining physically, mentally and emotionally. I too have auto immune disorder and they say the HBOT will help that too. Maybe you could look into it? You are so sweet and strong. I hope and pray you will find a solution and balance soon!

Again, thank you all for your well wishes and warm welcome!

@Tekate I hope you are doing well. Face and jaw pain are no joke, since they’re cranial nerves and very close to the brain. Less distance to travel to exhibit pain. Nerve pain is unbearable. Be well Tekate.

Hi all!!! Thank you for allowing me to jump right on in! :wavey:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I’ve also done that @marcy, and fortunately it made no difference either. All the shelves and shelf supports were ok. I was sceptical that the oven would get clean, but it works! I’d previously had a friend clean it, he has a machine in his van that he puts all the removable parts in to. Which reminds me, I need him round to clean my carpets :shock: Boo to the dishwasher needing a new motor. :lol: To the glutton free cookies.

Hi @Sandeek so sorry that you’re feeling down, pain is very debilitating and it’s no wonder it’s making you feel low. Sending good thoughts that things improve for you soon.

Dottie is fine @PierreBear, she’s well taken care of by Tom, and doesn’t seem to mind being away on ‘her’ holiday. We enjoy going away, but are always glad to come home. :D

Hope you’ve had a safe journey back to the city @missy. Tommy does look sooo comfortable on the rug.

Hopefully the new endocrinologist will have some ideas, don’t give up hope, there’s got to be something that can be done to help. Big hugs that you’ll finally get this all sorted and can get on with enjoying life.

Oooo @rainwood have you posted pictures of your OWD treasures? I must admit it was pretty amazing seeing so many beautiful diamonds all at once.

Hi @Tekate ugh to thrush :(2 I hope this makes you laugh because it was extremely embarrassing at the time. I went to the pharmacy to get some Canesten because I had thrush. The assistant said I had to speak to the pharmacist, she came out and asked if it was oral or vaginal. I was trying to speak as quietly as possible because there were lots of people around. I told her, and she said “oh, vaginal” just as the everything in the shop went quiet, and everyone turned to look! :roll2: :lol:

Sorry the bread didn’t taste as good as you hoped @junebug17 but at least you were still able to eat it. What’s next on your list to try?

Glad to hear there’s some improvement in your neck @canuk-gal. I hope the weather stays warm for you for a few more months. The year is indeed rushing by!

Continuing good thoughts coming your way @LLJsmom

Well I had to open my big mouth! I didn’t get to sleep till 2am, but I’m feeling really tired now, so fingers crossed that I’ll sleep better tonight.

We bought an infuser yesterday and lots of fruit, so I’m experimenting with different flavour combinations. Today’s is raspberry, strawberry, melon and mint :lickout:

:wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Missy, I’m always more cautious when I know Marty is out of town. We’ve had 2 days of nice weather. It’s nice after last week. No, they don’t make appliances like they used to; this one was about $1200 and lasts 3 years? Not super high end but not cheap. I hope your appointment goes well tomorrow and you get the medicine you need. Your PA sounds promising and thorough. Keeping my fingers crossed for help and answers there. I hate to hear about a leaky gut; my nephew had that and it did heal with time. I honestly don’t recall what he did for it though. He is the one who eats gluten free food. Mold can certainly make you miserable; I sure had a reaction to it when we were in SC. I keep you in my thoughts every day. Tommy is so cute and I see still enjoying that soft, cushy rug. I hate to hear you lost more weight. Big hugs to you.

PierreBear, you win for having the worst start of your day. Kitty vomit and squishing bugs is not fun. I hope things got better for you. I think high temperatures is exactly what the ovens do to clean themselves. The directions said once the cleaner shuts off the oven will say HOT for over an hour and even then you can’t open the door. There was some gray powder in places to wipe off and that was it. I wasn’t happy to hear my dishwasher is broke already.

Sharon, small world - we have goats around our city too to help control weeds. They are kind of fun to see around town.

Sandeek, sorry you are feeling down. Sending your mega hugs for a better day tomorrow.

Austina, glad I’m in good company then on the oven. I even looked up new oven racks on Amazon incase they didn’t survive. I figured - what the heck they’ll look like new then. That is pretty cool you had someone clean all the removable parts. I should look in to getting our carpets cleaned as well. You gotta love it when the pharmacist isn’t discrete about what you want; they probably don’t think anything of it. Darn that you didn’t sleep well. I tried to go to bed early but woke up about 4. I should have just got up and checked out Mars. Enjoy your fruit infuser. I am hoping my peaches are ripe enough to eat tomorrow.

Not much new with me today. I feel bad not going to help that other department at work but I do have some things I need to work on these day. I had 4 meetings today as well so the day went by fast. I picked up some chips and salsa for the office tomorrow; it’s someone’s birthday so we are taking in some snacks. Then I stopped and had tacos on the way home. I guess I’ll read tonight.

Have a fabulous evening.
Marcy

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can I get some dust, please? After just getting a crown on a molar a week ago, I now have an abscess on the opposite side molar. I am terrified of the dentist, can hardly even tolerate a cleaning. I know I’m lucky compared to what others are going through. Root canal in the 7th.
The kitty is still alive, quite subdued and obviously in last stage, but comfortable and allowing me to feed him. Be assured, I would not let him suffer. He is just old and worn out, but still alert and liking to watch the birds.
DD arives home in less than a week, I hope she gets to say goodbye to him.
So I am Miserable. Just old and worn out like kitty. LOL
Thanks for listening to my tale of woe. I am deep-cleaning and tossing out stuff as a distraction. I may be miserable, but my house won’t be : )
Had a very long Skype with DD yeaterday. We cried about the kitty, but then went on to talk avout engagement rings and wedding dresses. So it is the bitter and the sweet right now.
Love to all NIRDs.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can I get some dust, please? After just getting a crown on a molar a week ago, I now have an abscess on the opposite side molar. I am terrified of the dentist, can hardly even tolerate a cleaning. I know I’m lucky compared to what others are going through. Root canal in the 7th.
The kitty is still alive, quite subdued and obviously in last stage, but comfortable and allowing me to feed him. Be assured, I would not let him suffer. He is just old and worn out, but still alert and liking to watch the birds.
DD arives home in less than a week, I hope she gets to say goodbye to him.
So I am Miserable. Just old and worn out like kitty. LOL
Thanks for listening to my tale of woe. I am deep-cleaning and tossing out stuff as a distraction. I may be miserable, but my house won’t be : )
Had a very long Skype with DD yeaterday. We cried about the kitty, but then went on to talk avout engagement rings and wedding dresses. So it is the bitter and the sweet right now.
Love to all NIRDs.

Sending you bucketloads of dust @Jimmianne !!!

DED7416A-C36C-49C4-B782-253A170538AF.gif

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hey all, I don't pop in all that often but I try to follow when I can. I am sorry so many of you are dealing with health issues and pet health issues. It sure makes us appreciate when we have good days and to never take those good days for granted.

Missy, I'm sorry I haven't been in touch. I've fallen behind on correspondence to so many people.

Take care everyone.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results