carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's!

Missy, I sure hope you find a good, competent and nice health professional to help you sort things out and find ways to help through this. I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and send you mega dust. I agree if I start demanding refunds for time lost I might get better results. I haven't even brought up paying a higher fee for roughly the last 2 years. Denver is a nice area to live with lots to do and place to cycle. Plus you'd be close to me. How fun would that be for me? I did get most of the gunk out of oour sink but not all of it. It's at least draining okay. I decided if the HOA complains about our window color, I'll ask for a refund for what the leaky picture window cost me. Ha! See I'm learning. Okay you are being a tease. Who bought what? Huh? Fess up NIRDI's!

Tekate, I hate to hear about your jaaw and how long that will take to cure. I hope the root canal helps relieve a lot of your pain. I will keep you in my thoughts and sending you big hugs. I know this is minor but I must be having sympathy pains for you; a tooth I have with a less than perfect crown has been acting up for 2 days. Boo.

Austina, the Vanderbilt cottage sounds amazing. I hope you are having a fabulous time. Maybe after a few rain storms our stark white window frames will dirty up a bit and not stand out so much.

Junebug, I am already contemplating how I can get WF to make me a band similar to that. I was thinking a bezel set heart ruby in the middle of a channel set band. I just need to win the lottery. Minor details, I know. Is the new season of Suits on yet? I like that show. Have fun in SC.

Jimmianne, I am so happy to hear your grand kitty is doing better. It's your TLC that is helping her every day. I chuckled about her thinking what dog can I terrorize today or I'm going to catch that bird yet.

PierreBear, I am sorry to hear there is low morale at work. I think we are in the same place; it really is dragging me down. That is awesome you had a nice time at dinner with a friend. Marty is skipping his trip to LA next week so I warned him he'll have to put up with a girl's pizza party and cards next week. Ha!

I got grounded at work from quality checking movies and programs. I could tell my boss was getting irritated that no one else was offering to help them out. So he told all of us Monday morning he wanted to see everyone in there and I was to do my own work. I was really enjoying it too. I'll see if I can get back in there in a few days.

I've been working on a program about Mars for our astronomy club. On the 27th Mars will be closer than it's has been since 2003 and is getting brighter in the sky. I found some fast facts on Mars last night to hand out to everyone. I always like to have something for people to take home. It's the teacher side of me.

I made appointments today for our annual eye exams. My left eye is worse again; I wouldn't be suprirsed if that edema hasn't reversed itself again. The last retinal scan didn't seem any better to me but what do I know?

I had vanilla ice cream, bing cherries and chocolate syrup for dessert tonight. It hit the spot.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! I cannot believe it's Wednesday already woohoo. Thank you all for the good wishes and thoughts and support on and offline. You girls are the best.

@junebug17 glad you are enjoying a lovely time with your friends at your beach house and I hope you are having our good weather. Today and for the next few days blue and sunny skies, low humidity and nice breezes. May your week be as stress free as possible. Hope you are enjoying that lovely pool too!

@marcy aww thank you for those fun facts. Received and we love them. If it's OK we might send to Greg's friend A- a fellow astronomy buff. And I would love to live closer to you. That would be so much fun. Think of all the trouble we could get into. Lucy and Lucy.:lol: And Greg and Marty could easily entertain themselves. I bet they would get along well. And I am not being a tease silly girl. You know who I am talking about.:whistle: Yay for getting most of the gunk out of the sink and hopefully all of it will be dissolved soon. Talking about gunk it was so nice coming back to NYC yesterday afternoon to a clean home as our cleaning people had been there and it was squeaky clean. Sweet. Thanks to you ladies for keeping me company part of my ride home yesterday. Storm moving in but it was sort of romantic being in the car with all the kitties and Greg driving through the torrential rains and beautiful storm clouds.

headingtonyc.jpg

And yummm to vanilla ice cream and cherries...now who's being the tease :P2

Dear @Tekate always keeping you in my thoughts and prayers and hoping you are feeling better each day and that the root canal goes very well today. As for the doxy it takes time to work and I hope it will start providing some relief for you soon. Big (((hugs))). So glad your nephew and his wife and your grandniece are visiting you soon. That will surely lift your spirits and really hope your pain has mitigated lots by then. All my fingers and toes are crossed for full healing in as quick a time as possible. You are so strong and brave and you are a rock. You rock girlfriend you really do. Your indomitable spirit inspires me.

@Austina yay for enjoying your trip so far. We love Newport. So pretty and romantic and special. 7 Million dollar cottage with multi million dollar views sounds nice (and I am all about the views for sure)...I wonder what the upkeep is on the home. And the property taxes. Bet they're a pretty penny though NJ is the most expensive state for home property tax and we are proof haha. Enjoy Boston- one of my favorite cities. Great food, great people and wonderful sights. Greg went to college there and it is a vibrant town full of life and intellectual energy.

@Jimmianne Will do...have you received the good weather energy yet? I am sending it with all my thoughts and power. Hope it comes your way very soon. Wonderful news about your grand kitty. My furry crew sends your furry crew lots of meows and purrs. And make sure Puffy girl knows her Auntie Missy sends kisses and hugs to her too.

@PierreBear aww honey I am so sorry about the low morale at your workplace and hope that energy changes soon. Hang in there and sending you hugs. Hope everything else is going well by you. Sent you a reply fyi and sorry I have been MIA myself occasionally. Thinking of you.

@canuk-gal how are you feeling and how are you doing? Hope you are having a good week.

For me so far one appointment down this week and one to go. Interesting appointment Monday. The holistic practice PA spent an hour with me (time slot was only half an hour) and we didn't get to cover all of it at all LOL but I like her and though she definitely is not knowledgeable on all things (and no one could be) I think we can work together. But time will tell and my issues didn't happen overnight and they are not simple so I know it will take a long time to figure it out and get well and I just hope I can. Having heart palpitations is very disconcerting to say the least. My scariest symptom so far and my blood pressure is actually much higher than normal and my thyroid function very very low. But I cannot tolerate the meds to get my thyroid hormones replaced and most likely my adrenals are involved and significantly. Everything works with each other and having my genetic predisposition due to the SNPs I have which don't allow me to detoxify heavy metals etc and don't allow me to absorb nutrients from food or vitamins/supplements make it all quite challenging. But you girls know I am not giving up as long as I have breath in my body....fingers crossed I can successfully overcome these challenges. I am keeping in good spirits though so no worries. Friday I am seeing another healthcare professional who is holistic in practice and we will see what she thinks. I have already spoken with her over the phone for over 40 minutes and we will see how the visit goes.

And today I am very excited as we are seeing Bette Midler in Hello Dolly. I can't believe how fast the time went and today's the day. I hope all of you have a lovely day and sending a special shout out to @Tekate for your appointment in a few hours. May it go smoothly and be a very successful procedure and may relief be yours!

HRH and Tommy (and Fred and Bobby too of course but not pictured below) send much purry love to all you lovely ladies. XO.
sirtommyonwindowseat.jpg

hrhonaquapillow.jpg

P

PierreBear

Happy Wednesday. Almost to the end of the week!

@Austina – I can’t wait to hear about your adventures and memories!

@marcy – Sorry to hear that you are at a low at work as well. This morning I came in and my wireless keyboard wasn’t working even after putting in new batteries. Haha… couldn’t sign into my workstation until I borrowed an unused wired keyboard. Almost wanted to just say well I can’t do anything today so I’m going home. : ) Hope things start to improve for you and until then, enjoy that pizza party! Are you making your own or doing take out? What is your favorite type of pizza?

@missy – Bummer I’m not sure if I got your email. Do you mind resending? I do hope you are doing well and health is improving. I know what you mean about sometimes getting into tunnel vision and taking care of things before being able to redirect attention to other areas. Will always be rooting for you!

I know this sounds crazy and I’m not sure if it’s medically proven but I did watch a documentary on fasting, which lowered people’s blood sugar…. Well because there isn’t food to process so naturally your levels dropped. I’m not a DR but I’m just hoping there is a unique solution to your unique situation. Stay strong!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, yes ! Thanks, the weather is much better today!
I thought you would like a photo of my friends’ kittyolion. He gets shaved each summer.

8B83BF0D-BBE4-40BE-B5F7-FA95344C842B.jpeg
I broke a molar this weekend. Marcy and me, with our delightful crowns. Thinking we are princesses. I get my crown tomorrow. But tekate is still the bravest, and I hope....
Kate, things are getting a little better for you??? Any improvement noticed with the drugs yet?
Hugs!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I’m sorry work is stressful @PierreBear and I hope once you find new offices, morale will improve. Missy & I are meeting up next week, after the cruise.

Glad you’re enjoying your time in SC with your friends @junebug17 is the weather co-operating?

On no @Jimmianne sorry to hear you have tooth problems, hope it’s all fixed soon. The kitty lion is rather unusual looking.

Oh phooey @marcy, sorry to hear you think your eye has deteriorated, I hope that something can be done to improve things for you.

I hope you have a great time at the show @missy and it lifts your spirits. Yay to coming back to a lovely clean apartment and thank you for the kitty pics, they are such a cute bunch :love: I’m glad to hear your appt went well and you feel you’ll be able to work with PA.

We did a trolley bus tour of the city yesterday (we’ve spent time in Boston previously) which was interesting and the weather was glorious in the morning. We almost had heart attacks when our phones starting making siren noises and Emergency flashed up on the screen. We found out that it was a warning fot the severe flooding that was on it way. It certainly thrashed down yesterday afternoon but we were safely back on board by then.

We docked in Bar Harbor today, another lovely place with beautiful views.

Hope you’re all doing well, catch up soon :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's!

Missy, great storm cloud. Your view in the city is very different from what I'm used to here. I am sure Marty and Greg would get along well; watches, cooking, putting up with their awesome wives. :lol: Nice to come home to a clean house. I enjoy that myself. I am always glad to keep you company. No worries there. I am glad you had such a long discussion with the PA yesterday and hope your appointment goes well on Friday. Hi Tommy and HRH!

Pierrebear, darn that your wireless keyboard wouldn't work. Way too start the day. I hope the rest of your week goes well. My favorite pizza is Canadian bacon and pineapple; I usually like thin and crispy crust but sometimes those deep dish pizzas hit the spot as well. i thought of making homemade pizza next week but since it will be 4 of us I'll probably just order some pizza. What is your favorite type of pizza.

Jimmianne, oh no to a broken crown. Good luck getting it fixed tomorrow. I always hate paying for that kind of gold. The kittyolion is a cutie.

Austina, I hope you have a great time on the cruise. it sounds like you are having a great time and that's scary about the flood warning. I am glad you made it back okay.

We were in the 90's today. It's like summer or something. Tomorrow is my Friday this week. I kept thinking today was Thursday. I must be excited or something about a long weekend.

Take care.
Marcy

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
Hugs and dust to all the NIRDIS who are struggling with work and health issues. Tekate, good thoughts to you as you go through the process. And, Missy, I really hope you find some solutions--with your positive outlook and proactive approach, I think you will get there in the end! Try not to let the journey get you down.

I've been crazy busy with houseguests, sick dogs, renovations, kids coming and going and work. Which, since I'm freelance, is completely my own fault- I always seem to take on just a little too much. When I'm reflective about why, I think it's because I'm acutely aware of having taken so many years off to be a SAHM. I think I'm not good at downtime...

It's hot, hot, hot here and there's very little air conditioning. The dogs hate it, I hate it. People are going from, 'it's so lovely to see the sun' to the kind of cranky you get when no one's sleeping well. We do have a/c in the bedrooms, so I really shouldn't complain, but the grass in the parks is all brown and dead and scratchy (poor doggies) and we have a hosepipe ban, which means no watering the garden. I'm tempted to be a scofflaw and refill the paddling pool for the dogs.

Austina - I'm jealous you're in Maine right now. Hope it's gorgeous. I'm counting the days until we're there for August.

And, Marcy, ok, I know this thread is not meant to veer into nastiness or controversy, but I have to say, that thing you mentioned above? THAT IS NOT PIZZA!!!!! It might be perfectly good in its own way, but something with pineapple on it can never be pizza. Ok, hope you can forgive me for that rant.

Love to al the NIRDIS and happy Thursday.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A morning chuckle

Screen Shot 2018-07-19 at 7.13.15 AM.png

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jaaron, you sound very busy and that it's way too hot where you live. I hope things slow down and cool off. As for pineapple on pizza - many people have the same view as you but once people try it they usually like it.

P

PierreBear

Good morning! Changed up my breakfast routine for this week. Taking a break from yogurt/oatmeal mix + fruit and tried a banana with honey peanut butter on top. I’m such a creature of habit haha and miss my yogurt though. Almost until the end of the week and hope everyone is well.

@Jimmianne – Adorable! How does your kittlion tolerate the shaving? Do you do it yourself?

@Austina – Hope you enjoyed the trolley bus tour. I’ve never a hop on hop off tour before but those always look fun!

@marcy – Ahhh I sometimes like the combination of sweet and savory but for some reason not on my pizza. I’m a lover of pepperoni and mushrooms. For the specialty pizza though, arugula and prosciutto. However, as much fun as fancy pizza can be I am a big lover of pizza hut and that’s how we always celebrate my birthday at work. Enjoy your long weekend.

@jaaron – Good luck with all of your projects. Renovating something fun?

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday NIRDI's! hope everyone is happy and well and enjoying their version of what summer is. It's beautiful here in Maine today.

Had my root canal yesterday, that went very well. But the osteomyelitis is a pain and painful, that is slow going, 6-12 mos of the antibiotic, the endodontist said I may have a neuroma which is causing all the nerve pain, off to to the surgeon this coming Thursday, under my tongue is very painful (mouth floor and feels swollen). oh well at least we are working on the infection! yeah.

I send my love to you all. I'm still here but not reading much as I try to meditate and be quiet - hard!

sending huge hugs to all my friends here.

Kate

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kate, good to read your report about the root canal being done now, and sorry the pain is not going away faster. I wish I could take it away from you.

PBear, the kitalion belings to my young friends. The groomer does the shaving and what you cannot see from the photo is that Bobby is a long haired cat, so he actually has a lions’ mane around his face. He looks utterly ridiculous. In a lovely way.

Wait a second...did someone use the words pizza and pineapple in the same sentence? Marcy, hope it wasn't you! Just kidding, it sounds delicious.
Was it not Missy who used to have thursday fridays? It feels like friday today, whatever that means, so TGIF.

Austina, you sound very pleased with your trip so far. That is a beautiful place and I hope you have good weather for all your time here.

Missy, you are quiet today. how are things?
Here are photos of my two visiting animals, both are loving Issy’s play tunnel. The cat sleeps in it, and the rabbit thinks up excuses to dash through it, back and forth. I will have to send it home with them. I am living in a zoo! It is very hairy. (((Sigh))) 3A046A8D-E9A8-49CD-939F-F98745D783C9.jpeg
7B20199C-241C-49A6-846B-4BACEC51CD62.jpeg

Last edited:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Nirdis!

Missy, I hope the professionals you're seeing can help you come up with some solutions to your medical issues. I'm glad the visit with the PA went well and hopefully the one tomorrow will too. Hope you enjoyed Hello Dolly, sounds like a lot of fun. Love the kitty pics and the pics of the stormy sky, very pretty!

Jimmianne, lol to living in a zoo! So cute that the bunny and kitty love Issy's tunnel :love: I'm so glad dd's kitty has stabilized and I agree that I think she is going to miss the excitement of your house. Your friends' kitty does look like a lion, very cute! I hope getting a new crown goes smoothly for you.

PB, sorry to hear about the low morale at work and I hope it doesn't get to you too much. Glad you had some company while dh is out of town. Your breakfast sounds delicious!

Marcy, too bad you got grounded from quality checking movies and programs, you were enjoying it so much! I think WF could definitely come up with a similar band. I'm sorry your eye seems worse, I hope the doctor can help with that. Yay to a long weekend, enjoy your day off. Very funny Snoopy cartoon! I think the new season of Suits is out now - I'm only on season one though lol. My friends are re-watching it so that I can catch up.

Austina, glad your trip is continuing to go well, although that warning must have been pretty scary! Sounds like you're seeing and doing a lot, hope you enjoyed your time in Bar Harbor.

Jaaron, wow, you certainly have been busy! Hope you get a chance to relax a little soon. Sorry to hear about the heat wave and I hope things cool down soon for you.

Tekate, glad the root canal went ok but so sorry you are still in pain and uncomfortable. I hope the antibiotics start working on that infection soon. Sending lots of good wishes for quick healing and I hope you're feeling better soon.

Still in SC and luckily the weather has been a little better than predicted - we've been to a plantation, went to Charleston, and today we went to the country club pool and had lunch there. Have also enjoyed some delicious meals out and a nightime swim in the pool at the house.

Take care all, I'll check back soon! Xox

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDi's!

PierreBear, good luck living on the edge with a different breakfast. I eat cheerios at work every morning; when I am on vacation I start to miss it. That is kind of the cool thing about pizza; you can make it with almost anything. Pizza Hut is my favorite pizza too.

Tekate, I am glad your root canal went well and you have that behind you now. That is a long time to get rid of an infection but I am glad they have a plan on that. Oh no to a possible neuroma. That spot under your tongue can be so painful if something is wrong with it. Hang in there!

Jimmianne, I highly recommend the Canadian bacon and pineapple combo on pizza. Some places call it Hawaiian pizza. I'll take a Thursday Friday. I was ready today for the weekend to start. Issy's tunnel is awesome and how cute and fun the cat likes to sleep in it and the rabbit likes to run through it. How does Issy like sharing his tunnel?

What a day at work. I got my new work laptop and pretty much nothing was set up or working right. I stayed until 6 and was grumbling and cursing quite a bit in the last hour or so. The touch pad is LAME. I am sure part of it is that I'm used to my Mac Book Pro but still.

On the way home I was thinking I wish Marty wasn't working out tonight because I'd love to go out to dinner, have a drink and goof off a bit. I went downstairs when I got here and he was still at his desk working so we did go out for dinner. It was just what I needed.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Junebug, we were posting at the same time. I am sure WF could make that ring for me. Maybe next year I'll find the money for that project. I need a 5th wedding band like I need a hole in my head but hey; it would be different. I did find Suits on last night; starting the new season. Your time in SC sounds like a lot of fun. You deserve a nice, relaxing time.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Just a quick post and I will be back later if I can to add more but I didn't want too much time to go by without saying hi on the NIRDI thread.

@junebug17 what a delightful vacation and visit with your friends. So pleased for you. And yes to the weather cooperating more than predicted and nice having a lovely Charleston visit and plantation trip and enjoying the Country Club pool. Perfect time away! XO.

@marcy Yay it's your long weekend beginning today. Sorry work was a chore yesterday but today you are free woohoo. And yes to Marty and you going out to dinner last night just like you wanted even though he got home a bit later than usual because he was working out. Hope your weather has cooled off. Love that Snoopy comic...thank you for sharing it with us. (((Hugs)))

@Austina we love Bar Harbor and used to go there every Autumn during our New England Road trip. You are hitting some lovely places and I hope the whole family is enjoying a wonderful trip. XO.

@Jimmianne awww what a majestic Kittyolion. Thank you for sharing your friend's gorgeous baby with us. And love that you are watching a "zoo" temporarily. Such sweet animals. :kiss2: Haha no worries I was quiet because yesterday was hectic and I was on the phone gabbing away much of it lol. And the days are just flying by. I am always here for you no matter what and I am just a phone call away at all times. (((Hugs))). How is your DD doing? Anything new happening? Thinking of you and sending hugs your way. And yes you are so right and have a wonderful memory. My Thursdays were my Fridays.:lol:

@PierreBear that's right up my alley if I could eat peanut butter-I love fruit and banana with honey peanut butter on top. Delicious. I do have a banana for breakfast every morning however so there's that. Hoping I can add back some almonds etc with that eventually when I am not following AIP. Another thing we have in common is I am a creature of habit as well. I like things the same and I enjoy consistency as long as it is good consistency. Re intermittent fasting-I read somewhere (brain fog so don't have details but the NP even mentioned it when we talked on the phone last week) that it could be contraindicated for AI diseases so will see her thoughts about it today. I got the feeling she was pro intermittent fasting. And one of our dear NIRDIs is practicing that now and has had good success with it. However due to my AI issues I would have to proceed very cautiously and honestly I cannot tolerate losing any more weight atm. One day at a time. One hour at a time when necessary. I am doing OK though no worries. Do you and your dh have any fun weekend plans?

@jaaron thanks and hope your busy schedule is energizing too and keeping you happy and engaged despite things being hectic. That happy balance b/w excitement and contentment and peace. I have been meaning to revisit the AI thread because I wanted to tell you I realized something last month about thyroid hormone meds...as far as I understand it they are not meant to be *in addition* to our natural thyroid production but as a *complete* replacement for and that is why most people who need thyroid replacement meds need 2 grains plus to get into their optimal range with many needing over 3 grains. Or like you 2 grains plus T3. It's so interesting and I have much more to learn and understand. Just wanted to share that with you because I remember you asked why my endocrinologist wanted me on such a high dose when I was just starting out. My big problem is I cannot tolerate over 1 grain because of adrenal stress and that is precisely what is keeping my thyroid production even lower than before I was on the med...the thyroid meds (be it NDTs or synthetic thyroid hormone) suppress our natural thyroid production. I didn't realize that though in retrospect I see it clearly now. Glad you have found your "best" combo and are doing and feeling well and thanks for the encouragement. Hope it cools off by you soon and I agree. A/C makes life better in hotter temps no doubt. Hope all your fur babies are feeling better now and doing well.

@Tekate hey girl, hope you are feeling stronger and feeling less pain and healing well. Sounds hopeful that you are on your way to getting this mess figured out and we are all here rooting for you sending lots of good wishes and healing vibes. You're doing great considering the challenging issues you are dealing with and are amazing. (((Hugs))).

Hello Dolly with Bette Midler and David Hyde Pierce was simply incredible. I mean Bernadette Peters and Victor Garbor were amazing but this was even more so. The stage presence Bette Midler has, her voice, everything about the show was just stunning. I would gladly pay to see it again and again it was that good. Sigh.

The NP will be her in a couple of hours and I am a little nervous but hoping she is knowledgeable and can be helpful. Then heading to the beach woohoo. If we can gather up the kitties after the NP is here because when strangers visit they hide for a long time. Have a wonderful day girls!:wavey:

Leaving you with a thought that is close to my heart these days. LOL.

ilovelucyforgetful.jpeg

Last edited:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, i always enjoy hearing what you are up to. I’m glad your honey was available for a date! That old song comes to mind...it’s So Nice to Have a Man Around the House.

I am learning how to be the mother of the bride. At first I assumed since I paid for the major stuff, I was in charge, or at least co creator with DD. Haha. NO.
I was a bit miffed that the bride, groom, and his family are making the major decisions, now I’m like...yay! No work for me, and whatever makes them happy! I had visions of a romantic venue, with fairy tale decor and a huge cake, etc etc. All arranged by wonderful talented me.
It turns out I am woefully old fashion. Moi? Old fashioned?
A quick trip to the internet fixed everything that was making me crazy. I learned how things are done now. And also read a lot about how weddings are a strain in the mother-daughter relationship with regard to control. Since my DD and I have already resolved that dynamic, I can just be supportive of her choices and sit back and relax. Gosh, I’ve matured over the past few years. LOL So much easier to go with the flow (once you realize you are fighting the flow which can, for me, take some time).

At the risk of boring everyone to tears, I’ll keep going. When I got my crown yesterday, they made it while I waited. They used a tiny scanner to scan my teeth, then the machine made the crown perfectly. I suppose every dentist does this now, but it was a revelation to me.

Austina, how long will you be in the states?

Ah, Missy! There you are <3. Now to read your « quick post » which looks like a good read.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

So glad you enjoyed Hello Dolly @missy I love the music from it, and BM & DHP sounds like a wonderful combination. Good luck with your appt today, hope she can come up with a plan that will ease your worries. Good luck with the kitty wrangling when she’s gone, and safe trip back to the beach house. Less than a week now!

Go with the flow @Jimmianne I still remember the stress and aggravation planning our very small wedding caused. We arrive back in NY next Wednesday, Adam & Kim fly in then too, and we stay until Saturday evening, then fly home.

Yay to a date with the big guy @marcy and a long weekend. I’ll be your ally in that I like Hawaiian pizza too :D

I’m glad the RCT is done @Tekate but sorry to hear you’re still in such pain, when is it going to end, poor you?

Sounds like you’re having a really great time @junebug17 you’ll be sorry to go home.

Hi @jaaron I hear you on the lack of a/c and suffering dogs! Hope it cools down and your work schedule gets let’s hectic.

Is it still hellfire hot there @PierreBear ? Are you out riding again this weekend? Be a devil and have cake for breakfast once in a while ;)2:lol:

We went to the maritime museum yesterday, where they have a big Titanic exhibit, as that was where the recovered bodies were taken. We also visited the cemetery where the lost souls were buried :(2

We’re on our way to Bermuda now, can’t wait to see if it’s changed much since we last holidayed there in 1994:eek2:

We had a horrible ‘surprise’ yesterday when we got back to the ship. Colin logged on to find that one of our cameras had detected an intruder at the side of our house. Full on panic mode. I rang the security company to get someone out, checked with the alarm company to see if that had been triggered, rang the neighbours. Colin emailed our neighbour who informed him that it was him! He’d climbed over our fence to retrieve a ball:angryfire: hes ended up costing us a lot of money in phone calls and getting the security company out, not to mention the stress of thinking that we may have been burgled, or at the very least, the house had been vandalised.

For that time we were waiting to hear back, we’d aged 10 years. I just hope the neighbour doesnt do it again, because it was a horrible feeling that there was a problem and we were so far away. Grrrrrr!

Sea day today, so we will hopefully just relax and try not to think about it.

Happy Friday :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! It's Caturday Saturday Meoowwwww.
1237347t680xm00ub.gif

@Jimmianne hello there MOTB and what a beautiful MOTB you are:appl:Glad you are relaxing into your role and letting others take charge. Sit back and enjoy my dear. Sometimes it's nice giving up control and the stress that comes with it and just being in each moment. It's an impressive accomplishment that you and your DD have resolved issues and as we all know mother daughter issues are complex so you are to be congratulated for your success here. What an exciting and joyous time for you and your family and I am sending you much love and many hugs.
And double yay on the easy crown. Next up the crown you wear on your head. A much more suitable crown in every way.:halo:

@Austina wow what an awful experience. Stressful and scary and I am very relieved it was only your neighbor but what a fright. And so careless. Sorry you had that stress while away but relieved it turned out to be innocuous.
Woohoo yes it is less than a week now.:appl: Super excited and I am going to email you because I have a few questions. Hope the rest of your trip goes smoothly and there is only good stress to experience from hereon in.

Yesterday the Nurse Practitioner came to our apartment and what was scheduled for an hour initial visit turned into 2.5 hours. No joke. And we only covered about half of what is happening health wise. That delayed our beach getaway but it was worth it. I am glad she is thorough and seems relatively knowledgeable. So baby steps because these are complex health issues and there are no easy answers but we are chipping away at it one little piece at a time. I have to schedule blood work (the lab she works with will come to your home) when I can stop all my supplements for a week so I will figure it out as we are here at the beach for 10 days in the beginning of August so I will schedule it after.

We got here early afternoon yesterday and went right for a cycling ride because the weather was stellar. A lovely afternoon in every way. Anyway we are off in a few for another bike ride as rain is due here mid afternoon and we want to get a good ride in today. Leaving you with a few photos of this AM sunrise. Hope everyone has a fun and safe Caturday Saturday!
1237347t680xm00ub.gif

Sun creeping up slowly...
sunrisejuly2018.jpg

The ever changing sky over the sea...I will never tire of this.
sunriseinjuly2018.jpg

The sunrise over the city view from the bedroom
sunriseovercityjuly2018.jpg

And lastly the sweet bunny who came by to say hey yesterday as we were cycling. Awwwww.
Dear @marcy this is for you.

bunnyontrail.jpg

Love you girls. XO:wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s,

Missy, i see a big storm is moving your way tonight. Stay safe. I did really enjoy going out to dinner the other night; I needed that. I am so glad the play was awesome. The Lucy meme is great. I need to record I Love Lucy at work to listen to again. It will certainly make me laugh. I am glad you spent a lot of time with the NP; ugh to doing blood tests and quitting your meds for a few days. Good luck with all of that. Your sunrise pictures are breathtaking. Gorgeous colors. Thanks for the picture of the militia bunny. I’ll let the KR know their buddy is doing okay.

jimmianne, thank you for enjoying hearing about my daily life; I appreciate it. It seems boring and mundane to me but then again boring is better than bad. I hope all the wedding plans go smoothly; yes I agree if you are paying for the major stuff you’d think you should have a say in it but as you are finding out that’s often not the case. I am glad you are okay to just sit back and relax. I am sure whatever your DD and future SIL come up with will be great. When is the big day again? You are there to help when they ask. I am like you - I have either matured or calmed down. My dentist doesn’t do that make your crown while you wait but if (more likely when) I need another one I am going to look for a dentist that does that. Those impressions they take of your mouth feel like they are going to pull your teeth out.

Austina, thanks for being my ally on pizza toppings. My second favorite pizza is just cheese. That’s great Adam and Kim will be joining you this week. Sounds like a great time. I’m with you; cake for breakfast once in a while isn’t a bad thing. I bet the Titanic exhibit was something to see. Oh no about the fright of having a sensor go off at home. I am glad it was a neighbor but that time of uncertainty would be very scary.

I feel like Brittany “oops I did it again” but in reference to if it’s electronics I am going to break it. We went and got a new laser printer today; it worked like a charm for Marty off his phone and my laptop. I tried it and I get “printer is busy”. Right now it’s working but I won’t try to print anything for fear it won’t work.

Marty if off checking about an office chair he is interested in buying. I am down to my last batch of laundry and hope to be totally lazy tomorrow,

We are having a bad thunderstorm right now. Lots of rain. Woo hoo!

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls! Happy Big and little dog Sunday!:wavey:

@marcy thank you and we made it through the storm just fine...it was pretty fierce winds and rains but we were cozy inside and comfy by the time the storm arrived later last night and it was delicious listening to it inside hoping all the kitties remained safe and sound of course. We enjoyed a wonderful long cycling ride that morning and afternoon and it was just lovely weather during the day. 70s and a cool east wind. Thank you for enjoying my photos. I always enjoy and look forward to your photos too.

Hope your thunderstorms weren't too bad last night and that no damage was done. I hope all your weekend chores are complete so today can be a totally lazy day. And yes I hear you re the electronics. Always the one constant is they will and do stop working and often when you most need them to work. Can't live without technology but man it can make life a bit challenging. Hey come to think of it that principle can be applied to our men too at times.:P2

Have a fun Sunday ladies....we are off cycling soon in between the predicted rain storms today so we shall see how far we get. Stay safe and dry and see y'all later. XO.

Leaving you with a photo during our ride yesterday.
beachinjuly.jpg

Last edited:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovely NIRDIs

We’ve arrived in beautiful Bermuda, and I’m pleased to say it hasn’t changed much. Beautifully green, lush and colourful, with turquoise water.

Glad the storm didn’t cause any problems @missy and you enjoyed your ride. Spectacular sunrise pictures :-o It sounds like you had a very thorough appt with the NP and hopefully, something good will come out of it.
We are counting the days until the bling ogling (that’s a Royal WE because Colin isn’t quite as enthusiastic about a major purchase next year as I am :lol:).

I hope all your chores are done and you’re enjoying a relaxing day @marcy. Isn’t it amazing that even when there’s just the 2 of you at home, there’s always so much cleaning and washing to do? I have a theory that anything in the laundry basket, if left for a day or two, breeds, because there’s always more than you think there’ll be!

I was amazed that the little maritime museum had so many exhibits. I was even more amazed to see some ship’s sign and realise one was a vessel my great uncle had been the captain of. What are the chances of that?

Wow, that was great they could make the crown so quickly and get it fitted immediately @Jimmianne.

We have been over to Hamilton today, we wanted to see if the hotel we know there was the same. We spoke to a guy who’s been working there for 52 years and remembers well the period when the company Colin worked for owned it.

We’re in port overnight and most of tomorrow before we head back to NY.

Have a great Sunday :wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Hello NIRDI's! Hope everyone is well.

Austina--your cruise sounds lovely...hope the rest of your journey is great.

Marcy--you do a worrisome amount of laundry!;))

Missy--glad you enjoyed your bike ride. I have not be doing anything--my neck is still sore and I find it difficult to bend over to cycle; Between working FT hours not much time for fun. But work is easing up so perhaps I'll get to the pool for a work out. Physio helps buy it isn't something I will pursue as I do most of what she does on my own.

JA--I'd love to hear all the wedding details!!!!!! Please share as much as you can/care. I'd love to see what your DD is wearing and of course the MOTB!! May I ask, did your daughter get a ring? Is that something she is interested in, or what do young folks do these days??

My sister texted me they had tornado warnings with potential for golf ball sized hail...luckily they just got regular sized hail lol and no tornado.:P2

I need to get moving. I slept in late and need to get groceries and make Sunday supper for my little family.

cheers--Sharon:wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NiRDI's!

Missy, great picture of the beach and sky. Very pretty. I am glad to hear you were safe and sound during the storm yesterday. We had a lot of rain but nothing else. The end of July here is very traditionally daily afternoon thunderstorms. I am glad you had some nice rides this weekend.

Austina, glad to hear Bermuda is still lush and gorgeous. I am looking forward to bling ogling stories and pictures. LOL that dirty clothes breeds; it sure seems like it. Except for that sock or two that is sucked in to a black hole. That is so cool seeing a sign for a ship your great uncle was the caption on; small world sometime. Had the hotel changed much?

Sharon, I do have a lot of laundry for just 2 of us and Marty works at home. i wear sweaters everyday to work even in the summer because it's cold there. Marty's work clothes are sports shorts and a t-shirt but if he goes out he puts on shorts and a polo shirt. Then if he works out that day he changes again after he showers. If Marty just got home from a trip I wash everything he took with him whether he wore it or not. It keeps my washing machine busy. I am relieved to hear your sister had only regular sized hail and she didn't have a tornado. What did you cook for supper?

I washed a batch of towels today but that was it for laundry. Marty played golf and I met him at the golf course club about 12:30 for lunch. I ran back to Office Depot today; they never emailed me my receipt for the printer yesterday and I wanted it for the warranty. I also had 4 ink jet cartridges that I wanted to exchange for toner. I goofed up and gave away our ink jet printer because I thought Marty said he wanted our old laser printer. Oops. Oh well. He doesn't print much anyway. To be fair I told him he needs to get that printer off the floor because I darn near tripped over it; he said I think that's the printer I want to put downstairs. The printer on the floor is the old laser so it made sense to me. Ha! So I offered up the other printer to a friend of ours. That's what he gets for marrying a person who does things "now" instead of when he gets around to it.

Tomorrow is that pesky day of the week when I go back to work. At least I get Wednesday afternoon off; sweet.
Marcy

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Nirdis!

Missy, so glad you loved Hello Dolly! Bette Midler must have been amazing, she is such a talent. Lol to the Lucy meme, I can relate! So glad to hear the visit with the NP went well and she seems thorough and knowledgable. I do hope she can help you make sense of everything and get you on the right path. Wow, your pics of the sky are absolutely beautiful :love: And that bunny is too cute.

Marcy, ugh to having trouble with your work computer, what a pain. So nice that you and Marty went out to eat, it's fun to do something spontaneous and spend a little time with the hubs, especially after a stressful day. Sorry for the mix-up over the printer but it sounds like Marty will still have one to use. Yay for having off on Wednesday afternoon! Will make the week go by a little quicker for you.

Jimmianne, my niece is getting married and intially my sister felt the same as you - that she'd have some input with the planning. And like you, she was envisioning a very elegant and traditional wedding. Turns out her dd isn't exactly on the same page ha! Now she is happy to step back and let someone do all the work and handle everything lol. Your dd will have the wedding of her dreams and I'm sure everything will be lovely. My dentist still does things the old fashioned way, a temporary crown and then the permanent one in a few weeks. How awesome to get it all over with in one visit.

Austina, so sorry about the intruder scare and I'm glad it turned out to be just a neighbor - how stressful though. The Titanic exhibit must have been really interesting. So glad you enjoyed your stop in Bermuda and I'm wishing you safe travels to NY. Woo-hoo to bling shopping! :dance:

@Tekate, thinking of you and hoping you're feeling ok.

Sharon, sorry your neck is still bothering you and swimming sounds like a good way to get some exercise. Good news that the storm wasn't quite as bad as expected for your sister.

Got back from SC on Saturday night - my friends stayed over and left yesterday morning. It was a nice getaway for us all. I was going to check in yesterday with the nirdis but didn't feel that great - nothing serious, just a sinus headache but it kind of wiped me out so I ended up not doing much of anything. Feeling better today so I'll run some errands and get caught up on laundry. We're having a new roof put on and they were supposed to start today but postoned until Friday because of weather concerns. But the dumpster was delivered today, so now I have a gigantic dumpster in the driveway all week. :roll They told me I could throw stuff into the dumpster if I want so maybe I'll clean out a closet or two lol.

Thinking of you all, and hoping everyone is doing ok! <3

P

PierreBear

Good morning! Had a good weekend though it was 100+ weather. Going away dinner party for a friend that is about to join navy reserves. Took our church group friends to have dim sum for the first time. Everyone enjoyed it but since I did all the ordering they didn’t feel like they could repeat the process on their own if they went. I said you just point and eat. : ) hahaha…. Still did our usual work outs but tried to start as early in the day as possible. Hope ya’ll have a great one. Still keeping my head down and working hard at work to push past those feelings but doing ok.

@Austina – Sorry to hear about the security scare. Bummer on paying extra for those small things but glad to hear there wasn’t anything taken/destroyed. Well put that on past you and enjoy Bermuda!!! : ) Safe travels enjoy and have that butler bring you more tea in the morning with your pjs on.

@missy – Glad you still enjoy a banana for breakfast over all these years. I don’t think fruits will ever get old for me. Hope you find some success with intermittent fasting if you are allowed to try it. I so far have just been trying to stop eating after 7PM and earlier on some days if my schedule permits. Nothing extreme and not sure if there are benefits but no harm in it either it seems. Big hugs to you always and stay strong!

@junebug17 – Night swims are the best…. I’m not a fan of being in the sun as I’m out there too often already for bike rides etc. Something serene about light reflecting on water in the evenings. Enjoy!

@marcy – Hope you figure out that printer issue. Technology challenges are not fun. We use google cast to watch things from our phones onto our TV. Primarily use Netflix but tried amazon the other day to watch a movie and it didn’t “cast” right. Later on learned that it’s not our fault/user error just that Amazon doesn’t allow you to do that. Big companies don’t want to work together… but I guess that makes sense.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

We’ve left Bermuda and are heading for NY:dance:

Good grief @PierreBear over 100 degrees :-o It’s been pretty hot here, but I don’t think it’s been quite that temp. We are definitely going to NEED a pool in Texas, (and of course you’ll be most welcome to use it:D). Try not to melt till we get there in September!

Sorry you’ve not been feeling good @junebug17 I hope you’re doing ok now. Oh dear, a new roof, that sounds like a big job. GLAD you enjoyed your time in S C with your friends.

Nice to go out to lunch with Marty @marcy anything that saves cooking has got to be a good thing. Oooops on giving away the wrong printer, but mistakes happen :oops:

Sorry to hear your neck is still causing you problems @canuk-gal, hope it eases up soon and you can get back to cycling and enjoying life.

We’re on our way @missy, you’ll recognise me as I’ll be the blimp standing outside OWD, I have got to stop eating, but the food is just too good! :lol: I hope you’re feeling ok, but if not, just email me, you know we’ll understand.

Day at sea tomorrow, packing up and getting ready to leave the ship when we dock in Wednesday morning - this is the bit I don’t like, but we’ve had a great time, met some nice people and had fun. Of course, still lots to look forward to when we get to NY, can’t wait :dance:

:wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Junebug, i spent about 3 hours with my work laptop today; I found a doable solution but not ideal. I decided I’d ignore it for a few days. it was nice to go out and just have a nice evening with Marty. We don’t do that as frequently as we used to. I am sure the printer will work okay for Marty. He just prints out expense reports, concert tickets and a form or two for his training. Nothing major. I think we need to find a modern dentist; one stop crowns sound great. I am sorry to hear you didn’t feel great yesterday; I am glad you are better today. Good idea to throw some things out while you have a big dumpster there. Good luck with the new roof. It sounds like you had a great time with your friends in SC.

PierreBear, it sounds very warm there. I talked to my niece this week (Houston) and she was telling me they have been over 100 too. The dinner party for your friend sounds like a nice time. I hope things look better to you every day. Hugs to you. Marty hauled our old laser printer downstairs and we are giving the ink jet to some friends. I just hope the new printer works for me all the time. I can break electronics quicker than you can say ACA. We have Amazon Prime but rarely watch it. I tried to rent something one time and it wouldn’t work for me. We have Dish so we rent movies on that.

Austina, safe travels back to NY. Less dishes is always a plus in my book. I am sure Marty isn’t upset about the printer. You snooze, you loose, right? I am so excited for your OWD shopping.

I’m running my car to Colorado Wednesday afternoon. Every time we go to Denver we start getting error messages about our tires being low. We were running nitrogen in them so figured that was it. Marty drained them this weekend and put air back in them; ran the car around for awhile (grinning the entire time - I’m sure) and the error message won’t go away. I’ll have the dealer top off the tires then reset the error message for me. He said they can put it on a learning mode or something silly like that. I’ll ask about it when I go in this week.

I did manage too sneak off and check the first 3 minutes of several movies to rent. See PB - I try to make sure things you rent look good.

A friend was bored tonight so she came over and I beat her 4 out of 5 rounds of cribbage. She brought along a bottle of wine. She keeps talking about buying my garnet set so I just gave it to her. See - you show up at my house with liquor you might go home with bling. If I tried to sell the set I wouldn’t ask for much and I’m not wearing it. Enjoy!

Have a great Tuesday.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I liked this Snoopy comic:

Screen Shot 2018-07-23 at 8.58.56 PM.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!!!

@junebug17 I hope you are feeling all better today. Sinus issues are miserable. How exciting you're getting a new roof and I hope it goes smoothly. Very pleased you had a lovely visit with your friends in SC. What a wonderful place to escape to and enjoy whenever you want to.

@Tekate how are you feeling today? We are all thinking of you and sending lots of good healing wishes your way. XOXO

@Austina OMG so excited...sent you and email and welcome back to NYC (tomorrow)! LOL I am so mixed up as to what day of the week it is. Ahh the life of being retired. No clue what day it is and who cares. Hahaha We are heading back today to NYC and see you soon!:dance:

@marcy hahahaha love Snoopy. What a rascal. Gosh how warm it is in so many parts of the country. Hope your niece is staying cool. We are having another warm week here too. Glad work went well for you yesterday. Sorry about the printer and hope it can be fixed and glad you had a lovely evening out with Mr Marty. How nice you gave your friend that garnet. Sweet for her. You're a good friend Marcy. Sounds like a fun cribbage evening too. And woohoo for being off work Wednesday afternoon.:appl:What a good way to break up the workweek. Do you have anything planned that afternoon?

@canuk-gal, I am sorry your neck is still sore and that it hurts to bend over. Hoping you are feeling better today. Also just want to mention getting our recumbent bike is a game changer for neck and back pain. It is truly amazing how comfortable it is riding recumbent style and it is super for core strength too. Something perhaps to think about for the future? Riding in comfort and getting a good workout too. Glad work is easing up and also that you can do cardio on your own.

@PierreBear stay cool girlfriend. Funny the NP wants me to eat closer to bedtime as she feels part of the reason I am waking up in the middle of the night every single night is my blood sugar is dropping waking me so I started having a smoothie closer to bedtime after dinner and we will see how that goes. At the very least I should gain a few lbs this way. Intermittent fasting is out because for AI diseases it has shown to be more inflammatory. Weird AI issues. Glad the going away dinner party for your friend was fun. Yummmmm dim sum and glad everyone enjoyed it.

Yesterday we had errands to run and at Whole Foods I noticed they had this delicious water infused with fruit aka spa water. So at the end of the errands we went and picked up this dispenser and when we got home I reproduced the "spa water" and voila. Delicious fresh clean water infused with fruit. I normally don't care for plain water but this makes all the difference. Thinking about getting one of these for Brooklyn too. HRH photo bombed the pic. :lol: And @PierreBear do you see our InstaPot in the background next to HRH? Greg is loving it. I haven't yet used it as I am still doing AIP for now. No legumes allowed.

spawater.jpg
I put in fresh strawberries, kiwi and mango.

Here is the Whole Foods hydration station that inspired me...

wholefoodsspawater.jpg

Have a great day girls!:wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results