color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Nirdis!

Wow, lots of diamond excitement going on! :dance:

Missy, I adore your new diamond and ring, just gorgeous! :love: So happy for you, you must be having so much fun wearing this beauty!

Austina, omigosh, congratulations to you!!! Bea is such a fabulous diamond and I can't wait for you to receive it, I'm so excited for you!

Sharon, have a good visit with your mother, safe travels and I hope she's doing well.

Marcy, lol to getting two pairs of earrings - Funny how that happens, isn't it? I fully support the idea of course :kiss2: I've been playing around with the idea of getting jackets for my diamond studs for times I want something a bit dressier. Oh no to such volatile weather, I hope you don't get hit too badly, stay safe.

PB, sorry your kitty is acting up a little, I googled "my cat bites for attention" and a bunch of stuff comes up that you can look through. Seems like a pretty common thing. One article warned you don't want to be too agressive towards the cat because that will make the cat more agressive. One site suggested walking away and ignoring the cat, and another one said maybe the cat is bored and might need more stimulation. Anyway, check it out and see if anything makes sense to you.

Sandeek, personally I think it's very understandable that you'd be feeling a little sorry for yourself, you are going through quite an ordeal. Good luck with all your appointments, sounds very grueling so please take care and hang in there. Sending lots of healing vibes and hugs to you. I'm so glad you are reading along and joining in on this thread, it really is good company and hopefully helps a bit with the boredom! And oh, how exciting that your son is getting married! Yes, I see dress shopping in your future lol

Hi Jimmianne!

I ended up not going to my brother's yesterday, turned out not to be a good day for him. I"ll probably go today. Never did make it dress shopping either!

Have a great day everyone!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

Got back from podiatrist just a short while ago. Another procedure to remove that pesky nail. I’m still bleeding from the nail removal but he says not to worry. Lol easy for the podiatrist to say. It’s not his blood. :lol: And gosh it hurts. And I’m impervious to pain relatively speaking. But glad that’s over for now and greg and I are heading to the aquarium soon so a quick hello to my girls.

@junebug17 hope your brother is doing better today and you enjoy a nice visit with him. Thank you for all the Bubbalah love. :kiss2:
Hope she and you get to meet soon in person. :halo: Will check out that movie. Thanks.

@Tekate glad you’re feeling a bit better and are resting. More Healing vibes and hugs being sent your way. XO

@Sandeek how are you doing today honey? Thinking of you and sending lots of get well dust your way. Hugs.

@marcy Smart to be safe rather than sorry. We’ve been getting awful weather here and lost power last night (thank goodness for our generator) and it went back on but more terrible storms with thunder and torrential rain predicted again today. It was wicked winds and thunder last night. Every time the power goes out I think oh no I’m not moving here as my only home. :lol: I like my electricity yanno?

Yes to dangles and earring halo studs. Win win. I agree with all your points.
Thank you so much for all your kindness and love and friendship. You’re a dear and I appreciate you. :love:

@Jimmianne thank you sweetheart. Now you and I need a group bling shot. We have one with Joy and Bea. Must get Joy and Bubbalah.
8) :sun:

@Austina ooh so excited for you. Tomorrow o maybe even today. Fingers crossed!!! Bea and Bubbalah will be reunited when you visit us again. :appl:I actually have photos somewoth Bea and Bubbalah from both JAWS shows. I’ll find them and share another time.
Hope your staying cool. We are still enduring this heat wave. August. Sigh.

@PierreBear sorry about kitty. I like the water spray bottle and would just have it on hand at all times in the house. It works. But hopefully thebehavior will stop in any case. I wish I had another suggestion. When I speak with my sister I’ll ask her.
Thank you for all your lovely comments about Bubbalah. :kiss2:

@canuk-gal hope your visit went well and you’re enjoying a nice week.

@ringo865 thank you and see? We take a brew and bam all sorts of bling excitement. :lol: And yes greg is so happy I’m over the moon happy. All of the past 2 years worth it. And next time I’ll just follow my gut and go for it. @LLJsmom told me two years ago I should go for it. Wise woman. Lots of wise NIRDIs that’s for sure. Glad you came by and we like it when you stay and post. :kiss:

Photo in the car this AM. Help someone. I can’t stop taking photos. :P2

7ACA6C24-4FBA-4B90-8594-09A4CD801C69.jpeg

The colors are incredible. All the colors possible. She glows. Bright and beautiful colors.
And in the garden this AM.

94EC9177-BB5C-4FFF-B0E9-9E3C630BA8DD.jpeg

Have a wonderful day girls. For all of you who are healing please take it easy and keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. See you all later. :wavey:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy i love the colors ... I think we who love the OEC love rainbows, sounds stupid from an old lady but I do looove rainbows, and my OEC 1.5 probably E/F color as I never saw any yellow color, that stone popped rainbows.. we would be driving back from LI (East Meadow or Long Beach).. and we would be on 684 and I would blind my ex with the rainbow, took him a few times to figure it out.. I guess one of many reasons why we broke up ;-) gorgeous stone and setting!!! beautiful rings ladies.!!!

have a great day everyone!! Since I'm to have my deep/down/painful (I thru that in my doc didn't say that) debridement of my jaw I may be off for a while and maybe I will feel better in my jaw ...

peace love and caring.. makes the world a better place.

kate

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I got a phone call from FedEx while we were out with Dottie, just telling me that they were sending a invoice for the VAT. Of course, we were on a long walk today because, hallelujah, it’s cooler by 10 degrees, with a lovely cool breeze.

As soon as we got home, I rang and paid, and Bella should be here before midday tomorrow :dance:

Thanks @junebug17 the thrill-o-meter has been on overtime lately :lol: Hope things were better today for your brother, so you could visit.

Good luck for tomorrow @Tekate, hoping it all goes really well and that dratted infection gets taken care of.

It’s finally cooler @Sandeek I can’t tell you what a relief it is taking Dottie out without worrying about heatstroke.

Thank you @ringo865 to say I’m excited is an understatement!

Has DD arrived @Jimmianne ? Lots to plan for her upcoming wedding. Thanks for sharing the joy over ‘our’ new acquisitions :mrgreen:

Yikes your weather sounds really volatile @marcy, I hope you and your sisters places get through it unscathed.

Well done on guessing it was me :D I surprised myself falling totally in love with old cuts, but when yiou know, you know. Bella is staying in her setting, there’s no improving on perfection. Missy did a great job choosing the perfect setting, and I like the low profile, especially for such a sizeable stone.

The more I see Bubbalah, the more I’m getting used to the setting @missy, are you sure you won’t miss the extra size of the halo :lol:? Have you managed to stop looking at her and smiling yet?

Ouch, your poor tootsie, I hope the bleeding’s stopped now and it’s not too sore.

Your weather sounds awful, thank goodness for having your own generator. We were supposed to get rain yesterday, we did, about 3 drops!

We have to stay in tomorrow morning, as we have a tree surgeon coming. He originally removed 2 monster trees at the front of our house, which is still the wood we’re burning 7 years on. He also did work on the trees at the back, and they need some pruning now. Oh, and I have a little delivery tomorrow too :cool2:

Not sure I’ll get much sleep tonight :roll2:

Be prepared for lots of pics (even though you already know Bella) :mrgreen:

:wavey:

P

PierreBear

Hello! Not a typical morning. Ever try to pull a trash bag filled with frozen fish filets in bags out of the freezer and realized that it all congealed into one big block? Haha… we got a trip from the guide that if you don’t have a vacuum sealer to add water to the zip lock bag and it essentially does the same thing. Unfortunately, if a bag leaks or there is condensation, you can get a big block of mess. I managed to pull the whole mess out and hopefully it will defrost partially where I can get it all cleaned up. Other than that, I’m hanging in there! Hope ya’ll have a great Wednesday.

@Austina – haha glad to hear that Adam is not a gambler. I suppose when you know when to stop, it’s just a normal form of entertainment. Hurry up Fed Ex! Can’t wait.. can’t wait!

@marcy – Some bling for Marcy and Nespresso for Marty. Sounds like a win win situation. Safe travels though and enjoy the road trip. I don’t have a green thumb per say but when the environment is right, the plants just take care of themselves. We have a lot of crushed granite on top of the dirt just for aesthetics and to keep the dirt in place, which is nutritional for the cactus. The hardest part of plant care is honestly weeding around them. I get pricked and prodded all the time.

@missy – Sorry to hear about the nail pain and hopefully the aquarium visit is still a joy. Thanks for sharing tons of photos of your new bling. Gorgeous!

@junebug17 – Oohhh you are a clever woman for suggesting google on the cat advice. I forget that the world is at our fingertips if we ask the right question at the right place. I think I’m going to designate more time during the day to spend time with him. I’ll start with that one first!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Ring0865, isn’t that exciting about the diamond swapping? It’s like keeping the family jewels in the family, right? Thank you for the kind words about my ring; it has become my favorite ring. I hope you are doing well.

Jimmianne, how are you doing? Is your DD home today?

Junebug, it feels like Christmas around here with all the new diamonds. Your diamond studs would look fabulous with jackets and how fun to be able to change the look so easily. Even if I don’t get some jackets this weekend I think I’ll try some on. I have a pair of 4mm ruby studs I may wear that day to try with the jackets. I hope you have (or had) a safe trip to visit your brother. Is he still doing some upgrades in his apartment or is he done for now with decorating?

Missy, I keep looking at pictures and videos of your gorgeous new ring. You sure hit the jackpot there. It is so pretty. Plus getting this diamond 2 years after falling in love with it; it surely was meant to be. I am glad the pesky toenail is removed but ouch! The aquarium sounds like a lot of fun. Your weather sounds awful last night; the biggest drawback to no power is loss of internet. Hopefully your cell phone still worked. I think I’ll try jackets this weekend but I’m not sure I’ll like the extra piece but I won’t know until I try. Thank you for the kind words; you are a dear friend. You can’t take too many pictures of your gorgeous ring.

Austina, that is awesome you paid your VAT tax already and Bella will be there tomorrow. Hopefully you’ll post some pictures by the time I can check in the morning. I am so excited for you. I am generally pretty good at guessing things based on very small clues; I always say I’m psycho that way. It’s been strange at times what I just knew. Definitely, when you know something is right; you know. How cool you are keeping the setting; it does look perfect. Good luck with the tree surgeon tomorrow and of course the delivery.

PierreBear, that does sound like a challenge with the frozen fish. Good luck getting that cleaned up. My plants luckily do well with miracle grow. I bet your weeds grow fast in the heat. Ouch that you get stabbed pulling weeds. I hope you find some good advice for your kitty.

So far not a drop of rain today. Ssh don’t tell Mother Nature. I picked up my new glasses today and the best thing is my rings haven’t looked this clear for years. Mid range is still iffy; distance isn’t bad. They said it would take a few days to adjust since the prescription is so different.

Since Dairy Queen is right across the street from the eye doctor I ate supper there with a Root beer freeze (a blended RB float). Tasty.

Have a great day.
Marcy

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bella has arrived at my local FedEx office, it’s agony knowing she’s so close. Will post as soon as she gets here :wavey:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She’s here, will be back soon with photos, when I recover!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy i love the colors ... I think we who love the OEC love rainbows, sounds stupid from an old lady but I do looove rainbows, and my OEC 1.5 probably E/F color as I never saw any yellow color, that stone popped rainbows.. we would be driving back from LI (East Meadow or Long Beach).. and we would be on 684 and I would blind my ex with the rainbow, took him a few times to figure it out.. I guess one of many reasons why we broke up ;-) gorgeous stone and setting!!! beautiful rings ladies.!!!

have a great day everyone!! Since I'm to have my deep/down/painful (I thru that in my doc didn't say that) debridement of my jaw I may be off for a while and maybe I will feel better in my jaw ...

peace love and caring.. makes the world a better place.

kate

Thank you sweet sweet Kate!!! And I am hoping today is a better day re the pain and I know next week will bring more relief for you sweet girl. XOXO.

To take your mind off it for a moment this is for you.

ringperspectivebubbalah.jpeg

and just a cool colors photo I got in the car yesterday heading to the aquarium.

colorsofbubbalah.jpg

(((Hugs))) @Tekate!

Bella has arrived at my local FedEx office, it’s agony knowing she’s so close. Will post as soon as she gets here :wavey:

OMG OMG OMG the wait is killing both of us. Bella will be there soon woohoo!!!!
dothewave.gif

So excited for you!:appl::appl::appl:

The more I see Bubbalah, the more I’m getting used to the setting @missy, are you sure you won’t miss the extra size of the halo :lol:? Have you managed to stop looking at her and smiling yet?

Hahaha true that. My goodness that halo really makes it HUGE and she is no less beautiful I think with it though I thought originally it would take away from Bubbalah now I am not so sure...I mean how could Bubbalah be more beautiful? I don't think it possible. And no, I haven't stopped smiling. :sun: Bea and Bubbalah are two of a kind. Unique and rare and special. Well, make that part of a special group because the NIRDI's bling is gorgeous and amazbling in every way. What can I say? The NIRDIs all have great taste. Truly love all the NIRDI bling. We need a group bling shot ladies! I actually have one with @LLJsmom MK and @rainwood Elle and @junebug17 gorgeous OEC ring (did you name her I always forget my terrible memory!) and with @Calliecake's OMC ring. It is a terrific group shot that Bea is part of too. But now we need a new group shot and it needs to include everyone ring. Even the non old cuts. They're all gorgeous.:love:

Missy, I keep looking at pictures and videos of your gorgeous new ring. You sure hit the jackpot there. It is so pretty. Plus getting this diamond 2 years after falling in love with it; it surely was meant to be. I am glad the pesky toenail is removed but ouch! The aquarium sounds like a lot of fun. Your weather sounds awful last night; the biggest drawback to no power is loss of internet. Hopefully your cell phone still worked. I think I’ll try jackets this weekend but I’m not sure I’ll like the extra piece but I won’t know until I try. Thank you for the kind words; you are a dear friend. You can’t take too many pictures of your gorgeous ring.

Aww thank you Marcy!!! Hope you love the earring jackets. But if not there's always other bling to take its place.:whistle::Up_to_something::halo:
Fortunately the weather was calm last night and just rained. Whew. Hope your weather is behaving itself.
And thank you dear friend for everything. Did someone say more pics? :whistle:

bubbalahonbeach.jpg

On the beach yesterday outside of the aquarium. Ohhh Emmm Geee it was hot but had to brave the heat for Bubbalah. Turns out she loves the sand and sea too.:cool2:

Wish I could share video here because video shows her off much better than still photos.

@PierreBear thank you sweet girl! And yes been there done that with the fish. Messy business but doesn't hurt the finished meal so no worries. You're fixing it just right. Hope it is yummy.

@Sandeek sending you (((hugs))) and good thoughts this warm morning from the Jersey Shore. Hope you are feeling well today or at least much better than you have been.
console2.gif

She’s here, will be back soon with photos, when I recover!
OMG Just saw your update!!! I am so freaking excited for you @Austina. Pics please!!!! We are off soon cycling but must see photos before I have a heart attack. Hope you LOVE her!!!!:appl:

Oh sweet @Austina I am SO SO HAPPY and THRILLED for you!!!! XOXOXO.

Have a wonderful day girls! XOXO.:wavey:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh, of course it’s dull and raining today, so less than ideal conditions for photos

Just a couple for perspective, I’m totally in love with her, and to me, she’s utter perfection :love:

A479456E-32C8-4F48-A290-6CFDC3359D31.jpeg F9F70B4B-4D68-48B7-B8DA-3D3A52BD1C51.jpeg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh, of course it’s dull and raining today, so less than ideal conditions for photos

Just a couple for perspective, I’m totally in love with her, and to me, she’s utter perfection :love:

A479456E-32C8-4F48-A290-6CFDC3359D31.jpeg F9F70B4B-4D68-48B7-B8DA-3D3A52BD1C51.jpeg
@Austina congratulations!!! Bella Arrived safely at her new home. So happy you love her. She can’t take a bad photo. :love:
:love::love: Wishing you both well.

P

PierreBear

Nothing as exciting in my world as two lovely ladies enjoying their diamonds!

@marcy – Hope your eyes adjust to the prescription soon. Yummm I haven’t had a root beer float in ages. Brings me back to childhood.

@missy – Wow those pastel colors in that one photo… hubba hubba Bubbalah!

@Austina – Congrats again and so glad that Bella finally arrived safely. Does Colin enjoy staring at the ring too?! hehehe : )

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Wow, what a day this has been! My heart hasn’t stopped thumping in my chest.:lol:

Photos really can’t do old cuts any justice at all, I knew Bella looked spectacular on screen, but in real life, just amazing. :love: I totally get it now.

I haven’t got much done today, because I can’t stop admiring her. :D

Oh no @PierreBear what a mess, I hope you managed to sort out the fish. I saw that it’s best to bag things up in a ziplock bag and make sure you squeeze all the air out. This stops them getting icy or freezer burn.

I’m really looking forward to showing you Bella next month ;)2

Hope the surgery went well @Tekate and that you’re not in too much pain.

Thanks @LLJsmom - I’m a very lucky woman.

Always a silver lining @marcy, cleaner looking rings and an ice cream float :lickout: Nearly the weekend then you can go bling shopping :dance: I really hope you can find what you’re looking for, we need another bling fix next week. :lol:

What a week @missy :mrgreen2: I knew Bubbalah had to be something extraordinary for you to part with this beauty, and boy look at her :love: Are we the luckiest women alive or what?

Hope you’ve had a good day @junebug17 , I’d really love to see your OEC if you’d be happy to share.

Continuing to send healing thoughts to those in need, please take good care of yourselves.

:wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh. Such pretty B rings.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone.. I had the surgery today. Came home at and ate mac and cheese! then I fell asleep for 5 hours.. I woke up and had more pasta and am now going to turn in again. Pain is a 7, they don't give opioid pills anymore, you take 3 ibuprofen and one 500mg tylenol, works okay. It's hard to even swallow, hope that goes away quick.

thank you all for your thoughts and good vibes, means a lot to me.

Kate

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful.. what a wonderful new home! Bella!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's!

Missy, what a gorgeous rainbow of color on your finger there. I am sure you can't take your eyes off of Bubbalah. Love all of your pictures. A group shot of the NIRDI rings would be awesome.

Austina, Bella is gorgeous and looks fabulous on you. How exciting. That is cool you feel in love with old cut diamonds and ended up with a spectacular one. I can see why you didn't get much done today. Did Dottie give it her seal of approval yet?

Hi LLJsmom. I hope you are doing well. I still want to go to Lake Tahoe now.

PierreBear, I love root beer floats. When I was teaching I taught a class on the weekend in June at a little outreach branch about 35 miles away. They had an A&W on the way out of town so I always had them make me a blended RB float for the drive home. I hope I can find some pink sapphire earrings this weekend too.

Tekate, I hope your pain goes down quickly. That's a good sign you can eat something soft like pasta. When I had a tooth pulled I ate pudding and instant mashed potatoes for a few days. I'll keep you in my thoughts and sending healing vibes your way.

I had a busy day at work which is nice when the day zips by. I had no idea Marty was on the deck when I got home since he is usually downstairs working when I get home. I started some laundry, picked things ups and decided to eat some peaches and an English muffin with peanut butter for supper. Finally I pull up the shade and see Marty on the deck. He wanted to go eat - too late. We went out so he could get something to eat then stopped and had some ice cream. That was a good deal for me. Ice cream 2 days in a row; who can complain?

My distance vision adjust pretty well today but mid distance not so much. The TV looks pretty fuzzy to me. Close up is still good. I sure got a headache though. I go back on the 1st just to check the vision so I plan on wearing them until then.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Speaking of Root Bear:
Screen Shot 2018-08-09 at 8.29.54 PM.png

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For Missy to start out her Friday

Happy Birthday to our wonderful and sparkly Missy!

Screen Shot 2018-08-09 at 8.58.30 PM.png
Birthday_wishes-5.jpg

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
5F017273-6C2F-4CA9-8E43-18E1E6915B56.jpeg
Happy birthday Missy,
Today’s your special day,
I hope you have a good one,
And enjoy it all the way.

For today it’s time to celebrate
All the blessings life has given,
The love of friends and family,
And a DH sent from heaven!

You truly are so sweet and special,
So thoughtful, kind and rare,
You brighten up the world for those
With whom you chose to share.

So all that’s left for me to say,
Is whatever today may bring,
Relax, enjoy, but most of all,
Bedeck yourself with bling!

Wishing you the best birthday ever, have a blingtastic day!

E15DD098-DF8D-4EF0-BE90-7F91A0490DCF.jpeg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
4CAF0683-D1B4-4C69-99F7-F22CA78F02C3.jpeg
Love you, Missy!
Have a GREAT blingy birthday!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kate, congratulations on having that behind you!
Here’s to a speedy recovery and getting to eat like a regular person again. XX

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Birthday Missy! Have a fabulous day!!! I know it will be a sparkly one with Bubbalah! :dance:
EC26228A-E810-45AB-BDBE-2150B7602043.gif

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww thank you girls!
Thank you @marcy love those photos. Looks like HRH.

@Austina wow I love your poem so much. Thank you. So sweet and thoughtful. Hope you are loving Bella and enjoying her to the max.

Dear @Jimmianne thank you sweetheart. Love you too.

@junebug17 thank you so much sweet Junie. You are a dear.

Running so late so just a quick hello and thank you for the happy birthday wishes.

Sharing Greg's card this AM. @marcy did you help pick this out with him? :lol:

birthdaycard2018.jpg

00888BCB-4788-4AF6-9D87-E90C84DE2F98.jpeg

See you later girls, have a wonderful day!:wavey:

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone.. I had the surgery today. Came home at and ate mac and cheese! then I fell asleep for 5 hours.. I woke up and had more pasta and am now going to turn in again. Pain is a 7, they don't give opioid pills anymore, you take 3 ibuprofen and one 500mg tylenol, works okay. It's hard to even swallow, hope that goes away quick.

thank you all for your thoughts and good vibes, means a lot to me.

Kate

Dear @Tekate how are you feeling this AM? It must be a relief to have that surgery over and to be recuperating and on the road to recovery. Sending you more big (((hugs))) and love and healing vibes.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happpppppy Birthday girl!!!!!! I hope today (and every day Missy) is filled with peace, health and love..

allllll my love coming your way and healing thoughts!!!

missy.jpg

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
feeling crappy actually BUT I made it this far.. have a great day dear girl!!!! I posted a pix of me on IG if you get around to seeing it! wrinkles and all (swelling but I hope I am on the mend for real!!).

again Missy happy birthday!!

misssy.png

Dear @Tekate how are you feeling this AM? It must be a relief to have that surgery over and to be recuperating and on the road to recovery. Sending you more big (((hugs))) and love and healing vibes.

P

PierreBear

Happy Friday! DH is home today and I get to go grocery shopping. I know the trend is to do groceries delivery or curbside pickup but I love going to the store. Looking forward to some rain this weekend. Oh sharing something new I’m trying in my life. Hopefully it will be a habit… I’m watching some bad movies/sitcoms on Netflix to try and improve my Chinese. The visit with my mom is still many months out but every little thing should help. If I’m going to waste away and vegetate on a show then I might as well do it in a foreign language? The movie quality and plots are soooo bad though. Hahaha it’s a bit painful to watch but I pretend it’s purely “educational.” OK have a great weekend!

@Austina – Thanks for the tip and yes we did squeeze out the air. It was a two person job to make sure it didn’t get too messy. The clean up of the fish/ice blob wasn’t as terrible as I thought. Whew…

Awww I’m so glad you love your new stone!

@Tekate – Sorry to hear about the pain. Oh man… issues even when swallowing? I think someone earned some good ice cream!

@marcy – Ice cream two days in a row sounds like a great week to me. Hope your headache goes away though with the vision issue. Perhaps your eyes will get used to the change soon!

@missy – HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Enjoy and celebrate. Glad you are part of our NIRDI world! By the way, why does the card say Booby? At first I thought it was Booty… and that’s not much different?! Hahaha Must be a story behind it.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Nirdis!

Missy, I hope you had a lovely birthday, and I'll bet you are having the best time wearing your gorgeous ring! Your pics are amazing, so many colors and so much sparkle. That's such a sweet card from Greg :kiss2:. Hope your toe is ok and healing up for you.

And now that I'm thinking of it, the two main characters in My Cousin Vinny are from Brooklyn! Marisa Tomei is pretty over-the-top, you'll either think it's funny or be insulted lol! She won Best Supporting Actress that year. Anyway, it's a very cute movie.

Austina, I am so thrilled for you! Bella looks amazing on you and I bet you are having a hard time taking your eyes off of her. The excitement of getting a new diamond is intoxicating! I had a hard time sleeping the night before my diamond arrived too - isn't that the best? :D It's great how this all worked out. Congrats! :appl:

I tried posting a pic of my OEC but it came out ridiculously big, I'll have to try to resize it.

@Tekate, sending lots of healing vibes to you, I'm glad that this surgery is behind you - please take care and I hope you are feeling better soon. My heart goes out to you for the pain you've been in, hugs to you.

Pierrebear, oh no to a block of frozen fish! I'm glad it wasn't too much of a mess to get it straightened out. Great idea to watch Chinese movies and shows to improve your Chinese! Although it is unfortunate they're so bad. :P2 Hope you are enjoying the weekend with your dh.

Marcy, it does feel like Christmas with all the new diamond rings! My brother is still doing some work on his place - he is putting up ceiling fans and he's replacing all the molding. He's also going to get a new bathroom vanity and mirror. I hope you get used to your new glasses soon, sometimes it can take a while to adjust. So sorry about the headache. Lol to that Snoopy comic, too cute! Too bad you missed a meal out, but at least you got ice cream, so all was not lost lol.

I ended up taking a ride to my brother's yesterday. We went to a few stores and got something to eat. Today I got my hair cut and colored and picked up my new contacts. That's about it, such excitement :roll2:

Have a good night everyone!

Attachments

• 7B537FAB-CDE3-4F38-9F08-C1F3E8DA7988.jpeg
    7B537FAB-CDE3-4F38-9F08-C1F3E8DA7988.jpeg
    127.1 KB · Views: 31
  • 0921608D-93A5-4DD9-B783-F3F67DF89437.jpeg
    0921608D-93A5-4DD9-B783-F3F67DF89437.jpeg
    116.4 KB · Views: 26
  • C5275803-D636-4364-95E6-018EB79342FD.jpeg
    C5275803-D636-4364-95E6-018EB79342FD.jpeg
    144.4 KB · Views: 28
  • 8F06B9C7-E3EA-4B9F-B403-74299193BF5C.jpeg
    8F06B9C7-E3EA-4B9F-B403-74299193BF5C.jpeg
    116.3 KB · Views: 25

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Missy, I hope you had a wonderful birthday. I did picture that one picture because it reminded me of HRH. Greg’s card is perfect (and fabulous). I call Marty Sweetie Pie too. Too funny.

Austina, I loved your birthday poem for Missy and that HB cat picture was awesome. How is Bella doing?

Jimmianne, great birthday cake! How are you doing? How is DD?

Junebug, your Happy Birthday sparkles. So appropriate.

Tekate, your “this much” cat made me laugh. Very cute. I hate to hear you are feeling so bad but hopefully tomorrow will be better.

PierreBear, I am glad DH is home. You can do my grocery shopping for me anytime. Good for you working on improving your Chinese while watching some movies. I know exactly the bad type of movies you are probably watching too; I did some quality checks on foreign and dubbed movies and they were so bad. I definitely can’t complain about ice cream 2 days in a row. It’s hot so it’s a good time to enjoy ice cream. I think my brain adjusted a bit more today with these glasses but I still think TV looks fuzzy to me.

Junebug, darn that your picture turned out so big of your OEC. The new PS had an option for a while whether to post the pictures large or small but I never see it anymore. All of those changes at your brother’s apartment will make a huge difference for him. It’s amazing how it can change the appearance of a room. I have been considering getting new fans for the living room and bedroom plus replace the lights in our bedroom, closet and living room. They are frosted and dim lighting. I am glad you made it up to see your brother today; it sounds like you had a nice time. Yeah for a haircut and color,

We did go out to dinner tonight. Marty wanted pizza so we had pizza for supper. It was good for a change. We aren’t going to Denver tomorrow. Marty has a client in the morning so we probably couldn’t leave until about 11 anyway. I used my earring money to pay Marty’s work credit card since he hasn’t got his expenses submitted for the week of the 8th yet and it’s due Tuesday. Hopefully he gets it submitted Monday and we get it back by Friday. The hotel he stays at sends him his receipt and he never gets it.

Have a fabulous weekend.
Marcy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results