carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls!

Missy, love the pics of you and your family, looks like everyone had a lovely time and enjoyed themselves. You look beautiful! Your dress is adorable. Your parents look great. And I'm glad Zena was able to come. Your nieces are so cute! So glad the weather was good too. Thanks for posting the pics, makes me feel like I was there :kiss2:

Marcy, going out to lunch with your sister and her family sounds like fun. I can understand taking it easy today; I'm always a little wiped out after having overnight guests. Yay to no cooking for the rest of the week, sounds good to me! Good luck getting back into the swing of things tomorrow.

Sharon, we had a chilly and rainy day here too. Between work and weekend events you must be exhausted lol! Hope you can have a little down-time this week.

Tekate, I am so sorry you are still in a lot of pain, I feel so badly for you. Chronic, continuous pain is just so draining and wearing. I really hope the dentist can up with some way to help you tomorrow. I"m so glad you have joined this thread, you are a delight! This is such a great place for comfort and support. The wonderful people here saw me through a rough couple of years and I will always appreciate it. I love the name Catherine - I really wish I had named my daughter Catherine, it's beautiful and it was my great-grandmother's name - she died when my mother was 4, and I think it would have meant a lot to my mother. What did I know at age 28 :cry2:

Basically didn't do anything today, just puttered around the house without getting a whole lot done lol. I never did go dress shopping so I might try to do that tomorrow.

Have a good Monday everyone!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday girls!

@junebug17 glad you got to enjoy some relaxing quiet time this weekend and good luck dress shopping today. Lots of sales at Steinmart just saying.:whistle:
Thank you so much for all your lovely comments about my family. The girls are growing like weeds lol. I am very proud of them because they are good girls. Sweet and kind and generous and also very smart kids. My sister and BIL are doing a wonderful job with them. Hope your shopping goes well today Junie.

@marcy your weekend sounded lovely and sweet sleeping till 7AM yesterday. I'm sorry the weekend is over and that Marty is off for work again. Hopefully he will be back home soon and hoping your back to reality week at work goes smoothly. Vacation sure went fast huh. Why is it that it always does no matter how good or not good of a time one is having. Yet work always seemed to go more slowly. Go figure.:twirl:
Sorry about your too dry and windy conditions and hoping there are no prairie fires in the future. Fingers crossed.
Thank you for all your lovely comments about my family. It was very nice having them here this weekend.

@Tekate how are you feeling today? Thinking of you and hoping your dentist appointment goes well and that he can give you complete relief once and for all. Another hour and a half till you see the doctor and I hope it goes very very well! More bucketloads of healing dust being sent your way. XOXO. And hugs to Salleydog.

And I agree completely with @junebug17. You are a delight in every way Kate and so glad you are here. Truly glad.

@canuk-gal thank you! Glad your weekend was filled with fun events and that you had good weather till yesterday. We lucked out that way too. Every day last week was a good cycling day and we took advantage. Sunday was the rainy cold day and the cold wind is continuing today with no rain however so yay for that and we are heading out cycling soon. We will bundle up though because it feels like winter now lol. Hope you are feeling well and that you have a good week.

Off cycling soon. Enjoy this Monday girls.:wavey:

Leaving you with a photo of the sunset from Saturday night when we were walking on the beach. It was a lovely sunset.

sunset.jpg

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello my lovelies :D

:eek2: To the bathroom arrangements @Jimmianne - I have no desire to know strangers that well!

Love the photos of the Wonkey (donkey) hes just beautiful (I don’t know why, but I’ve always called donkeys wonkeys)

Good luck with your journey home - Bon voyage.

Big hugs for the dr/dentist visit today @Tekate everything crossed he gets to the cause of that terrible pain and makes it stop! I’ve always loved the name Catherine, it’s just one of those names with so many derivatives that it suits a person their whole lives. Some names sound young or old and only suit at certain stages of life.

I hope their night away gave your DS &DIL some small respite from their loss.

I haven’t been to Budapest but I hear it’s lovely, and Prague is a great city to visit. I’d love to see a photo of your doggie if you can find one.

Arrghhhh no @junebug17 to your dress not fitting, hopefully you’ll find something that you’ll look equally great in. A weekend pottering sounds great. So glad your brother is interested in further improving his place, sounds like he’s feeling quite settled there.

Oh oh @marcy, the not so subtle hints about going to the outlaws for Christmas :???: Where do they live? Glad you’ve got the house all sorted and back to normal. I like having people to stay, but the minute they’re out of the door, I’m like a tornado stripping the bedding and towels, cleaning the bedroom and bathroom and getting the house straight again :D Yay to not having to cook for the rest of the week :dance:

I hope your return to work today was uneventful and not too stressful.

Sounds like you’ve had a really busy week @canuk-gal , hope the indoor BBQ went well.

What lovely photos @missy thank you for sharing. Looks like you had perfect weather for your family visit, everyone looks so happy to be spending time together. Your nieces are getting so grown up :o Glad that Zena was able to join in the fun, she doesn’t look too upset about having to stay on the lead. Does she swim or paddle in the sea? What did they all think of your renovations?

I know it’s difficult to remain positive when you’re dealing with so much, but I know you’ll get there, because you won’t give up in your search for a solution.

Hope you’re enjoying your trip @PierreBear and the weather is kind to you.

We got take away (takeout) on Saturday, and ordered extra so I didn’t have to cook yesterday - or today! We had fun with our friends, and I feel that things are getting back to normal with them. These are the friends that really upset and disappointed us last year, it’s been difficult but if we want to remain friends then we need to move on.

Another lovely day here, we were out early before it got too hot, and I’ve got bedding washed and drying outside.

Have a great day all :wavey:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI EVERYONE! back from the dr dentist dr.. he said: keep taking ibuprofen (which helps) put me back on antibiotic and said to come back friday, I was okay with that since I really don't want to lose the implants, with a bunch of ibuprofen I'm okay. So back on Friday.

Beautiful weather here in Maine today. High of 78, cool breeze.. just love it.

I hope everyone is off to a great start for the week!

Me, I'm going to read a book about Yellowstone again today!

HUGS to all ladies here..

Kate

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s! :wavey:

That is so cool to have a family name passed on through several generations. Kate the Great; hey you can’t argue with your husband, right?

Junebug, I am glad you had a quiet day. I still have a blanket in the dryer and dishes to unload but it can wait. I did stop and eat supper on the way home tonight. I am being lazy today. I needed some kind of markers or pencils for the astronomy meeting coming up and something to use as a guide on a chart so picked up those things on the way home. I need a few groceries but since i don’t plan on cooking why bother going to the grocery store.

Missy, I have occasionally said they must have black holes at work because time sure does slow down when you are there and vacations to go by so fast. We do have that forest fire going about 100 miles from here and it’s growing. It is very near where my parent’s had their cabin and where our club used to hold star parties. There is a lot of dead trees up there from the pine beetle invasion so fires spread fast. The smoke is pretty bad here tonight. Beautiful sunset picture. I hope you had a fabulous time cycling today.

Austina, my in laws live south of Phoenix. Marty is always up for a trip there so he can play golf. You sound just like me picking up the house before your guest’s car has gotten down the street. Bye! I like takeaway better than take out. I’ll start using that. Good plan to get extra food so you don’t have to cook today. I am glad to hear things are better with your friends; that is a tough decision whether to move on from a bad experience or just part ways.

Takate, I hope the antibiotics help and the ibuprofen keep the pain at bay. Good luck Friday! When I had a tooth infection they gave me penicillin, I don't know that it helped my tooth but I was able to breathe through my nose in no time. I am sure my dentist thinks I'm a junkie because I always ask if I need some when I get a checkup. :lol: I am glad you are having a beautiful day and plan to enjoy a book on Yellowstone. My sister and her family are there right now. I am sure they are having a great time.

My thrill-o-meter didn’t not register this morning when I thought about going to work, I headed that way anyway. I spent most of the day catching up or in meetings. The day zipped by that way.

I ate at a fast food the highlight of which as a small dish of soft serve ice cream that I got free. A new guy waited on me and felt like he was slow then forgot to ring up my ice cream so he brought me a dish of ice cream at no charge. How nice was that?

Then I went to Office Depot looking for cheap markers or colored pencils and rulers. I need them for the astronomy meeting. Rulers were $1.99 each so forget that. I got a pack of index cards sized 4 x 7 inches and a pack of 50 color markers for $10.00. That should work for plotting a graph at the meeting. I like having the group do projects rather than just me talking. I use labs from when I was teaching.

I had very unwelcome company last night. I hate, repeat HATE, miller moths and had one in here last night that I noticed when I was going to bed. We have vaulted ceilings with the lowest point at 10 feet so naturally that little sucker kept getting to high for me to get with a fly swatter. I got my swifter out with the extra long handle to try and get him but he was much to clever for me and escaped. I’m setting in the dark except for the lights over the table. Millers fly in to the lamps and never come out. Ha. You’d think those Killer Rabbits would take care of those pesky moths for me, but NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! I blame Marty for leaving a miller in the house to torment me.

Marty did email that company today saying he was interested in the job and asked for more info on the pay and benefits. Hum. I was blind copied on the email but I never saw a response today.

Take care.
Marcy

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Glad the ibuprofen is keeping the pain under control @Tekate , and hopefully the AB’s will knock whatever the problem is, on the head once and for all.

Your weather sounds perfect.

We have friends in Phoenix @marcy and their summer weather sounds like the furnaces of hell :-o

Love the thrill-o-meter, mine registered a big fat 0 today. Just Pilates and pottering about the house.

Busy making lists of things we need to get and take to the Spinfest and sorting things around the house.

Hope all the NIRDIs are having a good day.

:wavey:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

Missy, so glad you are having good weather and and getting in lots of cycling. Your sunset picture is really beautiful.

Austina, nice that you're taking a break from cooking. I'm all in favor of that lol. Good to hear things seem to be working out with your friends and I'm glad you had a nice time with them.

Tekate, I'm glad the ibuprofen is helping with the pain and fingers crossed the antibiotics help. Yay to good weather! So nice after such a cold winter.

Marcy, good to hear your first day back at work went by quickly. Really nice of the guy to give you a free ice cream, doesn't get much better than that! Oh no to having a miller moth flying around, sorry about that. Hope Marty gets good news about the job and they offer him a lot of money :P2

I ended up ordering a dress online, hopefully it will fit. I went to a few stores today looking for a back-up in case the one I ordered doesn't work out but just didn't see anything I liked. The weather here was gorgeous today, why oh why can't every day be like this?

Have a great night everyone! <3

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Austina, yes the Phoenix area is extremely hot in the summer. Making lists can be a lot of work; I can waste all sorts of time doing that.

Junebug, you can’t complain about free ice cream. I went somewhere else tonight and they had peach shakes; how could I pass that up? I did pay for it but that’s fine. I am still setting in the dark. Think of the money I’ll save on the light bill. Marty sent the one guy a text today to see if he got the email. Maybe they decided they aren’t interested. I haven’t heard. That would be great to get a job offer with a lot of money. I like the dress you ordered online; it is very elegant and classy looking. That’s great you had such nice weather today.

Missy, I am so glad you put in so many miles cycling today.

We are getting more smoke tonight; the sun is very orange. That area where my parent’s cabin was located is right in the path of the fire. I guess firefighters have been working to save structures but the wind is not helping.

I stopped on the way home for supper then picked up a few groceries. After I got home I picked off the dead flowers in our pots and now I’m just watching TV.

I might staple together my handout for the upcoming astronomy meeting. Such excitement.

Take care.
Marcy

Here are the cool petunias we picked up this year
IMG_2765.JPG

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello girls !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have no idea how to catch up, so I'll just jump right back in here. So so so much going on right now, but at least the house is almost finished! Juhuuuuuu! That should at least free up enough time for me to prioritize my sweet NIRDIs! June is the mother of all "let's finish" months, both the childrens' activities and school and work and now - house. LOL. But we will get through this June also as we have always done before! Today - summer part at the school for our youngest's class. Hope he is grateful I'm suffering through it, LOL. Probably not. The children think it is a lot of fun and only laugh when I "pretend" that it is booooooooooooooooring... LOL

Marcy, exiting about Marty being interested in a new job! Hope the pay is good or at least OK. Or fantastic. That would be even better. New bling for all....?
Austina, you really need to travel east to teach med pilates! I'm so not bendable!
June, really hope the dress fits and that you like it! Will it be in the mail today? Hoping for pictures :)
Jimmianne, hello and wonderful pictures if you are reading!
Missy, I miss you! Sorry not sorry for the "word play". How is HRH doing? And the others? And the ferals? Is it hot over there now? Any biking?

We have had such a heat wave (for us, not for you) the last couple of weeks, it makes me worried that we have spent all the good weather for summer already. Btw, will probably stop by NYC in July next year. This year we are holidaying a bit closer to home, sailing, hiking and a tiny little trip to Greece. Athens / Acropolis and then heading for a few of the islands. Including Hydra of course. Love that place!

But we have been to Verona for a long weekend some weeks ago. Really recommend going sometime! A really beautiful city, and a lot of good food :) Stayed in the old part of town, and then all the sightseeing was within easy walking distance of our hotel, so just perfect! So sunny and warm too, really nice. Only day it rained, it was for like 15 minutes, and we were just right outside Dolce & Gabbana when it started. Seriously. So perfect! LOL. Poor husband of mine... LOL

Hugs!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls! Had a few wonderful cycling days but today looks rainy so probably not going to chance it.

@junebug17 hope the dress you ordered comes today and fits you perfectly and that you love it. My offer still stands though. :sun:
I am with you. The last few days were glorious weather wise. Wish every day was like those past 2 days.

@marcy yes free ice cream doesn't suck. Beautiful petunias. That color is :kiss2:
Oh no to that forest fire close to your parents cabin. Hoping the firemen/firewomen got it under control and it is no longer threatening anyone's safety or homes. Yuck to miller moths and sorry you had to deal with them last night. Fingers crossed for Marty and his possible job offer. Glad work zipped by for you yesterday.

@Austina ooh sounds like fun that Spinfest and hope you got everything you needed for it. Hugs to Dottie.

@Tekate glad the ibuprofen is helping keep the pain under control and hope you are healing and feeling much better with each day. Sending you more healing vibes and good luck for your appointment in a couple of days with the dentist again. Hope good news is yours very soon.

@Scandinavian yay for the house almost being ready. You must be super excited. Yes we are getting lots of cycling in these past 2 weeks. Hope all is well with your family and hugs.

@Sunstorm I am thinking of you and sending hugs and healing vibes.

@CJ2008 (((HUGS))). Texting you soon.

@rainwood hope your week is going well.

@LLJsmom sending you healing hugs as well.

@canuk-gal hello Sharon, hope your week is going well and you are pain free.

Sorry if I left anyone out!

So yesterday I realized another one of my diagnoses. I had been getting itchy red bumps on my wrist and chest for the past 2 days. Anyway long story short it is LP. Lichen Planus. I feel like I don't know what my future holds and sometimes I am scared and overwhelmed and then I realize I have no choice but to take it all one day at a time in more manageable steps. This is what I am dealing with and must make the best of it. I don't want to make anyone else feel sad or down for me and just sharing because it helps me somehow. Thanks for reading and listening.

Hope you all have a lovely day. Not sure what we are up to today. :wavey:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Wow those petunias are just lovely @marcy I don’t think I’ve seen any like that before.

Has Marty heard back about the job offer?

Yikes to the fires and smoke, how worrying, I hope it doesn’t cause too much damage or cause the fire fighters any harm.

Hellooooo @Scandinavian so glad to hear that the house is almost finished, I bet you can’t wait to have it all done so you can actually enjoy living in it. Loved your ‘Juliette’ pose when you were in Verona.

No doubt when you go to the Acropolis, you’ll hear how we Brits ‘stole’ their marbles :roll2: I did tell the guide that we paid for them and have been taking very good care of them!

Did the dress fit @junebug17 ? What did you go for?

Oh no @missy you’re just not getting a break on any front :( Is there anything that can be done about the LP? You need this on top of everything else like a hole in the head.

As you say, one day at a time (or even 1 hour at a time) is the way to deal with things so they don’t totally overwhelm you - I really wish there was something I could say or do to help. The only thing I can offer is a gentle virtual hug {{ }}

I’m glad you have cycling and spending time at your beautiful beach house to keep you sane.

Colin had fun putting up cameras outside the house, trying to get the balance with the sensitivity sensors right has proved challenging :cool2:

Just getting things sorted for the trip, so another 0 on the thrill-o-meter today!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no Missy, that is really unfair!!! Always ready to listen! Is that realated to the rest, you think? Some sort of auto immune annoyance? Wish I could help! Tons of hugs your way!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hey NIRIDI's!!! how is everyone? I'm still in pain, I wonder if I'm getting used to it??? seriously.

@missy your future is so bright you are gonna need your shades for good! sorry about the LP, but you know what I have realized Missy? I have more skin problems as I've aged.. itchy spots, red bumps, I think it's because I love all my hormones!!! You take care..

@marcy Ha! I know your sister is at Yellowstone, you must tell me how she liked it when you talk again! telephone service was horrid for there!. Your flowers are stunning!!!!!!!!

@Scandinavian Hi!!!! sorry about your heatwave, I feel for you as I lived in HOTTERNHELL Texas for almost 18 years!.. I hate heat.

@junebug17 Hi June!!! hope the dress fits! I am going to my sisters 50th high school reunion on Saturday in upstate NY.. so I went out and bought some news clothes today.. hopefully I won't look as fat as I think I am!!!!

@Austina I can't find a pix of Salley dog that s decent.. think I will take one, I probably have tons on my camera/phone but I'm still trying to figure out how to download on this new essential phone my husband wanted ugh.

@junebug17 we all know the me too movement, well ack in the early 70s the guys at the cable company I worked for called me (all the time) ForniKATE.. I hated it. I really did. Glad times are changing.

@missy gonna rain here today so I'm thinking we are getting the same rainstorm..

To all the ladies, I'm sure I missed someone but be assured I am quite old and feeble so therefore don't feel insulted! know that I can't remember anything from one moment to the next!! which actually is sort of nice.. ;-)

hugs to all my NIRDI friends.. missing a day is like missing the sunshine for me!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just popping in to say hey8-)
Got a lot accomplished and I bought new shoes Woohoo. :sun:

Hello @Tekate oh no to still being in painsad :(( but I’m glad you’re feeling good otherwise and are upbeat and your cheer is infectious in a good way! (((Hugs))).

Hi @Austina haha 0 on the thrillometer won’t last long. Enjoy it while you can :P2 Treatments eh. I’ll chat about it another time. Off to enjoy a yummy dinner. Hope your day’s going well.

@Scandinavian hey girl. No worries. I’m ok. Hugs.

Have a lovely night girls. XOXO.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Kate--your tooth pain plus all you've gone through makes me sad. Healing vibes your way.

Same to Missy. My sister had PL in her early 20's (in her mouth). That (and the butterfly rash) seemed to signal the beginning her of autoimmune journey. My sister--like you--is strong. She deals but there is frustration.

Work is busy. Normally I don't work FT hours but that is the nature of my work as a casual employee. Feast or famine! But at this stage of my life, while I still love to work I also like the freedom to chose to work or not. Guess I made the right career choice.;))

JimmeA--it was nice to hear from you. Hope you are not missing your France home too much. And I hope the strike is resolved soon. That has to be frustrating for all involved!

DH and I cycled yesterday--and it was great. When the weather is pants I feel like I am missing something because I cannot feel the sun and breeze on my face. I do feel like my bike is my best friend; we go where we want!:mrgreen2:

So much for philosophy; back to chores--I have company coming for supper. :lol-2:

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Scandi, it’s nice to hear from you. Woo hoo to the house being almost done. You’ll be so happy. I am sure your son’s program will be fabulous. It sounds like you have some great travel plans coming up. D&G triggers a funny memory for me. Marty was working in Hong Kong and was buying copy bags, copy watches, etc and brought me home a purple D&G handbag. It looked great but stunk to high heaven. Whatever dye they used on it wasn’t smell tested. I finally threw it away.

Missy, woo hoo to a wonderful day of cycling. I am so sorry about your LP. Hugs to you my friend. Good idea to take it one day at a time. Your new shoes are really cute. How was your yummy dinner?

Austina, we hadn’t seen any petunias like that before either so we had to get a batch. I love dark purple flowers too. You’ll enjoy having cameras around your place. I have a little one that gets direct sunlight and the green sensor is gone. All the other colors are still fine. I bought it before my laptop had a camera on it - that is how old it is.

Tekate, I think you do get used to being in pain. Sad but true. I am so sorry to hear you are still in pain. Tooth pain is so miserable too. LOL to it’s nice not being able to remember things. I’ll have to remember that line. Feel better.

Sharon, darn that you are working a lot right now. It’s nice to have varied hours though. That’s nice you enjoy spending time with your bike so much. I hope you had a great time with your company.

I had a busy day at work plus went to lunch with a friend. It made for a nice day.

Marty did get a text from one of the guys he talked to about that job. I would say there was a miscommunication somewhere in the beginning because the guy pretty much said they are talking to other people for the job as well and he seemed a bit put off by Marty inquiring about salary and benefits. They initially approached him as hey would you like this job so maybe it wasn’t necessarily a job offer but an inquiry if you’d be interested. Marty was hesitant to take a sales job so I did tell him your gut was saying this job wasn’t right for you. He told me he didn’t think he wanted it but now that it looks like they are rejecting him it bothers him. I feel bad for him and since he is in LA we didn’t talk about it much.

Another friend is buying my lunch tomorrow. I am sure eating cheaply this week.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
8C7F6260-4761-4604-A0A6-F4F86508C251.jpeg Pretty sunset but bad that it’s a fire.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! We are off cycling very soon as we have a busy day. Morning cycling and afternoon dentist. It's a gorgeous morning here. And the ocean breeze is delicious. Warming up quickly however and the next week will be getting super hot so we are going to enjoy the beautiful weather while it lasts.

@canuk-gal I'm so sorry about your dear sis going through such a challenging AI journey too. The fact that you wrote she had LP in her 20s does that mean she no longer is dealing with that particular challenge? Gives me hope if that is the case. Don't want to think about all the areas LP can affect and I am hoping your sister is doing well and not dealing with that now.

I am with you. The freedom to work or not work is everything. It is all about being free to decide and the luxury of working if you want to and not working if you don't want to...I read a study years ago that said the happiest people are those who have more flexibility in their day to day schedule be it at work or at home.

Glad you are enjoying so much cycling and I am with you. I feel like I am missing something if we don't get to cycle and feel the ocean breeze and sun on our bodies and faces. It's very freeing and just an awesome way to enjoy being outdoors. Hope you get more cycling in this week and hope you enjoyed your company last night.

@marcy gorgeous photos as always. Thank you for sharing. I am so sorry about Marty's disappointment about the job. I hope an even better opportunity materializes and he looks back on this relieved this went down the way it did. Fingers crossed for you guys.

Thank you for your kind compliments on my shoes. I am thrilled with them as they are just my style and comfortable too. And the color goes with everything. For those of you who I didnt get to share with yesterday here's a photo.

balletshoes.jpg

Haha yes to eating out for free and to good friends who want to treat you. Hope it is making the week more enjoyable and go by quickly until Marty is back home with you. And woohoo one more day till Friday.:appl:

@junebug17 I think you made just the right decision and I know you will look gorgeous at the wedding this weekend.

@Austina aww thank you for the virtual hugs and I will gladly take those anytime. Aaaaaand I cannot wait to give you hugs back in person for real non virtual :appl:and it will be soon!

@Jimmianne sorry the strike messed you up but glad (since you are glad) the strike messed you up lol and you are remaining in France for a little bit extra. You got your wish.:halo: Enjoy and wishing you safe travels when you do come back.:appl:

Have a lovely day girls.:wavey:
Leaving you with our sunrise this morning. Wish you were here enjoying it with us.

sunrisejune2018.jpeg

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good "morning" from Scandinavia!
Missy beat me today, hmmmmm.... anyone spot the x hour difference problem there...?? LOL.

I have been pretty good today though. Or bad. You decide. Rolled in at work... now... and started with my NIRDIs... LOL. First 2 hours at the gym with my PT, if you are wondering why, just let me remind you that we are going to Greece in a month or so, and that I'll pretty much live in a bikini whilst we are there. We are traveling with some friends, so all the more reason to feel comfortable in my own skin LOL LOL LOL. Then it started raining when I was on my way back to work, and you already know how that story goes... or where I go... fortunately no DG in sight this time, but 30 min and 4 dresses later, the rain had at least stopped! A very nice brand actually, Danish, https://www.ilsejacobsen.com/women/toj/kjoler.html
Beautiful dresses and rain boots. Go figure / welcome to Scandinavia LOL. That reminds me of when I picked up the children from school in rain boots and a Herve Leger dress. One of my friends said I didn't dare. LOL. So I did. (Also I bought the most wonderful Lanvin long white silk dress on a 80% sale the other day, lucky me!)
Oh anyway, here are two of the dresses from today:
todays dress.jpg dress2notme.jpg

Marcy, wonderful story about the DG bag! Oh no to the smell! But at least you will never forget the bag !! I kind of feel for Marty, not nice to throw someone a bone and then take it back, saying we just wondered if you like how it smells... Shame on them! But I think you are right. Or, more to the point, if it is not the right job, it is not the right job.

Missy, I was going to tease you saying that you had become lazy in my absence when the girls commented on your shoes and I had not seen them! But you beat me to it with your post, LOL. They really look NICE and comfy! And that is so not easy to find! And tips on flat sandals - open toes so my feet can breath in Greece - would be greatly appreciated!

Tekate, LOL we kind of like our heatwaves. But I don't think they are anything like yours! It basically just means a nice summer day where you can sit outside without freezing your *ut off LOL. The high north is ... well ... north'y LOL.

Austina, thank you for liking my Juliette :P2 Where are you traveling to this time? I love traveling through you !

June, did you like the dress?

Hugs!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Missy--gorgeous sunrise! AF my sister she had PL only once thank goodness. She was tested at the time for Lupus--cuz of the rash--but she doesn't have Lupus.

Anyway--"I owe I owe it's off to work it go"! LOL as the old saying goes......

cheers--Sharon

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

The dresses are gorgeous @Scandinavian and you and your fab bod are going to look stunning in them! I love the style, I have some similar and they’re so comfortable and easy to wear. Great score on the dress, what a bargain! I wouldn’t wear open toes if you’re going to the Acropolis, it’s very uneven walking around there.

We are just off to Norfolk for the week, it’s on the east coast, it’s Dottie’s holiday, she will be meeting up with lots of other Spinoni and their parents :lol:

Have fun at the coal face @canuk-gal :D

How disappointing for Marty @marcy, especially as they approached him. Makes you wonder what kind of outfit they are. Colin always found something better came along if one job didn’t work out. One time they’d agreed terms, start date, the lot, and the company then tried to change the package, he walked away, and a better job came up.

Oh no to the fires being so close, it looks spectacular but scary.

I hope you enjoyed your lunch with your friend today, what did you have?

Wow, what a sunrise, you’d never get tired of that beautiful view @missy.

I hope the dental appt went well today, is that all the amalgam gone now?

So glad the weather is cooperating so you can get out cycling together, it’s great to be able to de stress and enjoy being outside.

Cute shoes, and the perfect, go with everything colour! I was thinking the other day I could do with some new nude sandals, then I discovered I had some, I’d forgotten I had them :oops: :lol: Also found 4 other pairs sitting in their boxes unworn, oh dear, I ‘may’ have too many shoes. :shock:

Yay, only 4 weeks till we fly to NY and 6 weeks till we meet up :dance:

Good luck for the dental appt tomorrow @Tekate

We went and did the food shop today, got the last few things we need to take with us. I’ve baked a lemon drizzle cake and some carrot cake cupcakes for the cake stall, will frost them when we get there.

House all tidied, just got to pack up the car tomorrow and we’ll be off!

Will check in when we arrive.

TGIF tomorrow

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone-

Missy, glad you are enjoying cycling and some beautiful weather. Your shoes are cute, and look very comfortable, a winning combination. I'm sorry about the LP and I hope this outbreak clears up quickly for you. Wow, that is a beautiful sunrise.

Marcy, those petunias are beautiful. It's too bad there was some kind of miscommunciation with the people Marty has been talking to. It sounds like what they asked him was unclear and I can see how Marty could take what they said in a different way. Imo not very professional on their part! Sorry it seems to be bothering him, and hopefully he's feeling better soon about it.

Scandi, so good to hear from you! June sounds like a very busy month for you, good luck getting everything done. I hope the house is coming along. Your trip to Verona sounds wonderful. I loved your Juliet picture. Your travel plans for the summer sound great, you have lots of fun things planned. I love both those dresses, they are both perfect for a dreamy summer vacation, you will look great in them.

Kate, it is absolutely awful that the guy in work called you that, unbelievable! It's crazy that at one time people felt comfortable saying stuff like that, I agree that at least some progress is being made. Sounds like you're in for a good time this weekend, I'm glad you're getting away and doing something fun, especially considering the rough time you've been having with your teeth.

Sharon, sorry to hear you've been really busy at work but it's good you have some flexibility as well. Nice that you and dh were able to go cycling. Hope you have a good visit with your company.

Austina, so nice you, Colin, and Dottie are going on vacation for the week, sounds like it will a lot of fun, especially for Dottie lol. Just kidding, I know you and Colin will enjoy yourselves too. Your desserts sound divine and are making me hungry!

The dress I ordered ended up being a bit big in the waist so I might have it altered for my niece's wedding in August. I ran out today and found another dress - it's sleeveless, which I'm not that comfortable in usually, but I got lucky and found a bolero style sweater to wear with it. Dress shopping is exhausting lol. The wedding is on Saturday and we're staying in a hotel that night, and then going to a brunch on Sunday, so it should be fun.

Take care everyone, and have a good Friday!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Another beautiful day here though it is getting warmer and warmer each day. The air smells so amazing right now. Fresh sea breeze coming through the windows and terrace doors and I just want to dive right in...@canuk-gal I think you would love this weather. You're invited here whenever you want and same for all you lovely ladies. I want to share the joy here because joy shared is joy doubled. :appl:

@junebug17 I am so happy you found a bolero style jacket to go with the sleeveless dress you bought. That is the perfect solution. As you know I love shrugs and shorter jackets to wear with dresses as it adds versatility and different looks to each outfit. You are going to look gorgeous and I hope you have a wonderful time at the wedding this weekend. And getting your new dress altered in the waist will be the perfect solution to your niece's wedding in August. That color looks beautiful on you.

@Austina YES! It is all gone now woohoo! My dentist did it all in 4 visits I think and her staff did everything they could to get me in during these 2 weeks of vacation. They are all amazing and wonderful and sweethearts and I showed my love and appreciation believe me. My gum is a bit sore but I am hopeful that will heal without complications (fingers crossed) and the only thing I do need to plan for within the next 6-8 months dental wise is replacing one of those teeth with a crown because Denise said it is almost all filling and won't last more than that amount of time probably. But hopefully I can take a break before I have to do that. Whew it's a relief.

How is Colin feeling? He must be super relieved too to be done finally with his dental work. Warn him that you are both going to get a big hug from me when we see each other. If you guys are not huggers I will refrain but I am (haha big surprise to you I am sure) a hugger so you have to warn me if you guys don't want hugs from us.

Too many shoes? Oh I wish you were my size as I would graciously and kindly take them off your hands (or feet as the case may be haha) for you.:cheeky:

OMG you are teasing us with your lemon drizzle cake and carrot cake cupcakes. Sigh that sounds unbelievably YUMMY.:lickout:
Your vacation to Norfolk sounds like heaven and a welcome getaway for all of you. Give Dottie a big hug and hope she has fun with the other Spinonis.

@Tekate GOOD LUCK today at the dentist today!!!! Sending you buckets and buckets of healing dust and good luck vibes. And (((HUGS))) and love.

@canuk-gal what a relief for your sister that she only dealt with OLP once. Wonderful and hope she is doing well. I too have been tested for Lupus throughout the years and so far so good. It's an unknown scary ride sometimes but we make the best of it.

Hope you are enjoying all your cycling. It is a glorious activity indeed. Closest thing to flying (in my book) without actually flying haha. Yesterday we hit 35 mph for about 15 amazing seconds going downhill. Fun and joy and freedom as we are flying down the hill we worked so hard to climb up. Terrari is a heavy recumbent trike but you only feel it during those steep hills.:lol:

Missy, I was going to tease you saying that you had become lazy in my absence when the girls commented on your shoes and I had not seen them! But you beat me to it with your post, LOL. They really look NICE and comfy! And that is so not easy to find! And tips on flat sandals - open toes so my feet can breath in Greece - would be greatly appreciated!

Hahaha I would never leave you out @Scandinavian :kiss2: I love my croc sandals for comfort and walkability and for Greece they would work perfectly I think. But if you are doing anything strenuous I recommend closed toe shoes for protection. A comfortable inexpensive option are Sketchers. I like the relaxed fit. There is a thread here about shoes that I will look for and link you to as it has much more info that you might find helpful.
Here ya go.
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...-fashionable-shoes-for-walking-around.241006/

Love those dresses and I hope you send me photos of you wearing them and I am looking forward to seeing your vacation photos. Have a blast and hugs to you and your sweet kids and dh.

@marcy TGIF!!! Hope your week is going very smoothly and woohoo the weekend is almost here. :appl:

During our bike ride yesterday we saw so much wonderful wildlife. As always there is beauty all around us here and it is so amazing to see all the gorgeous animals. I took a photo of a gorgeous blue Heron. I am in love. :kiss2:

7D16D136-6B24-49CF-A81D-75F45563FB13.jpeg

And then when we got back home there were white swans on the sea on our backyard. Swoon.:kiss2:

43122997-29C7-48F5-B3E0-326BB8AFBCF7.jpeg

Life can be wonderful and joyous though it can also be cruel and harsh. Gotta take it all and live in the moment and enjoy the good and survive the challenging and just hold strong that the bad will pass and all will be OK. That's it from me for wisdom for the day. :oops2:
:lol:

Have a wonderful Friday girls. XOXO.:wavey:
Leaving you with our sunrise from this glorious morning.
11CDD462-9F24-44CA-856A-4A523B2FE695.jpeg

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI! ladies. I am having a hard time keeping up as I'm sort of in pain. :)

Today I go to the dentist, but the new news is that my back right side jaw is bleeding and pardone moi, pussy.. so it means it's infected, which would and could explain ALL THIS PAIN. This is the 4th time this area has become infected, over a 2 year period TRYING to get implants, I feel sorry for my surgeon as I dont think it's his fault, it goes back to the abscessed screw up by the endodontist back in 16 right b4 my sister Gen died. :( he messed up the root canal and its been H E L L ever since, my surgeon has tried clindamycin 3x and some horrible antibiotic that made me sick.. he's debrided it 3x, I suspect I will have another debridment today, the implants will come out and he will send me to a "infectious disease specialist" as he cant cure it.. this has been a trial, a horrible horrible painful trial.. But I can say, as my brother got sicker in 14-15 with lung cancer this pain is somewhat tolerable. I am very tired of this but eventually this will go to my brain (seriously) as we age our immune system sucks. Im going to forget all about implants.

Im sorry I have been sucky on keeping up with everyone. @missy girl, your shoes are bitchin!!!! they look great on you. How are you teeth, how is your health? you are very kind missy and I appreciate it. Im going to try an upload a pix of my grandniece at her sister's bat mitzvah 2 weeks ago.. my niece took the pix (my grandneice's aunt and my sister's daughter Kate - yes she is named after me - we are both Catherine Mary! thanks to my big sis)...

Please excuse me if I can't comment on everyone's cool stuff they are doing as my reading comprehension has taken a dive..

I will come back later today and give and update and read more.

Thank you EVERYONE who takes the time to read my postings and sends healing loving vibes.. I say it again. I am very very lucky!

here's our little Neve!

nev adorabe.jpg neve adorble2.jpg

Talk ltr.

Attachments

• nev adorabe.jpg
    nev adorabe.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 16
  • neve adorble2.jpg
    neve adorble2.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 15

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy THANK YOU..

All ladies: my implant is OUT. Dr said he can't see signs of ANY infection? but he went down to the bone which one cannot number and I shot almost out of the chair and he says he can't see any infection but he sent the bone out (3x) for biopsy.. we shall see.

Nodding off on IBUPROFEN! works best for me with mouth pain.

Talk soon.

xo

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tekate, I'm so sorry you're still dealing with so much pain. It sounds like good news that the doctor didn't see any sign of infection, but there must be some reason for your pain - are you still going to the specialist? I really hope you're feeling better soon. Sending comfort and support to you, I'm glad you're getting some relief from the ibuprofen and I hope you feel well enough this weekend to enjoy your visit with your sister. (((Hugs)))

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's!
I'll post later but here is Marty's Killer Rabbit. It's sculpty clay.

upload_2018-6-15_17-54-43.png

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, that is absolutely amazing! She did a fabulous job! :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Tekate oh no I am so sorry you are in so much pain and going through this ordeal for so long. I am glad it is out and I hope your pain diminishes with the Ibuprofen and that you find answers and complete relief very soon. I like @junebug17 's suggestion of finding a specialist to help find answers as to what is happening if your dentist is unable to figure it out with the bone biopsy. Gentle (((hugs))) and healing vibes being sent your way by the bucketload.

@marcy love that. :love: Wow Marty is very talented just like his darling wife.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI! ladies. I am having a hard time keeping up as I'm sort of in pain. :)

Today I go to the dentist, but the new news is that my back right side jaw is bleeding and pardone moi, pussy.. so it means it's infected, which would and could explain ALL THIS PAIN. This is the 4th time this area has become infected, over a 2 year period TRYING to get implants, I feel sorry for my surgeon as I dont think it's his fault, it goes back to the abscessed screw up by the endodontist back in 16 right b4 my sister Gen died. :( he messed up the root canal and its been H E L L ever since, my surgeon has tried clindamycin 3x and some horrible antibiotic that made me sick.. he's debrided it 3x, I suspect I will have another debridment today, the implants will come out and he will send me to a "infectious disease specialist" as he cant cure it.. this has been a trial, a horrible horrible painful trial.. But I can say, as my brother got sicker in 14-15 with lung cancer this pain is somewhat tolerable. I am very tired of this but eventually this will go to my brain (seriously) as we age our immune system sucks. Im going to forget all about implants.

Im sorry I have been sucky on keeping up with everyone. @missy girl, your shoes are bitchin!!!! they look great on you. How are you teeth, how is your health? you are very kind missy and I appreciate it. Im going to try an upload a pix of my grandniece at her sister's bat mitzvah 2 weeks ago.. my niece took the pix (my grandneice's aunt and my sister's daughter Kate - yes she is named after me - we are both Catherine Mary! thanks to my big sis)...

Please excuse me if I can't comment on everyone's cool stuff they are doing as my reading comprehension has taken a dive..

I will come back later today and give and update and read more.

Thank you EVERYONE who takes the time to read my postings and sends healing loving vibes.. I say it again. I am very very lucky!

here's our little Neve!

nev adorabe.jpg neve adorble2.jpg

Talk ltr.

OMG your grandniece is precious.:kiss2: Thank you for sharing the photos. The Bat Mitzvah looked like you all had so much fun.:appl:
And thank you Kate. We are also very lucky you are here sharing with us. And please never apologize for not keeping up or responding etc. We are just glad you are here. (((Hugs))).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results