carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Ouch @Tekate , what an ordeal. I hope the new implants settle in well and don’t cause you any problems. Hopefully the pain has lessened and you’re not feeling sore. Yes please to photos, I’ve not been to Yellowstone National Park.

I didn’t realise you were in SC for short a time @junebug17 I know what you mean about work not seeming so bad when you’re in holiday mode. I always said I’d rather not go anywhere on a self catering basis, but our holidays with Dottie don’t seem too bad.

Glad your life is back on an even keel now Mr PB is home @PierreBear. We watch a lot of US programmes, our favourites at the moment are The Resident, The Americans and Station 19. Getting a bit fed up with The Good Fight, it’s getting too political and less of a legal drama. The baking soda/white vinegar grout cleaner is really effective and no nasties.

Adam has Alexa eat up with his Sonos system, lights and other things, but we don’t. We’re fairly low tech, although Colin’s just bought some Blink cameras for outside, and keeps checking on them :mrgreen2:

Hope you’ve arrived safely at the beach house @missy and the kitties have their claws sheathed! :D My arm was a bit sore on Tuesday evening, but otherwise no I’ll effects from the jab.

I hope you were thoroughly spoilt yesterday @marcy and had a lovely birthday.

Hope you’re well @canuk-gal

Having a bit of a frustrating time with the ‘upgraded’ satellite system. The box in the orangery said it wasn’t getting a signal yesterday, and this morning the one in the sitting room was saying the same, which is bizarre, as the bedroom one’s been working fine! Hopefully they’ll be able to sort it all out tomorrow.

:wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Missy, thank you so much for the lovely and touching birthday poem and birthday wishes. I really appreciate it. I love the birthday pictures and images you found; the bear and the bunny is my favorite. And of course cute Snoopy and that cake looks good enough to eat and I can so see myself wearing that crown. Your new furniture and rugs look fabulous. My birthday does seem to get spread over a week or so. My sister and BIL started it Sunday and my in-laws want to celebrate next week.

Junebug, thank you for the cute birthday teddy bear. I would bet the lawn service moved our pots when they sprayed for weeds in our rock border. It’s honestly the only thing that made sense. I am anxious to get my Snoopy charms. I hope my employee is cleaning up his act; I keep trying to watch him more but it may be too obvious. Time will tell. Thank you for the birthday wishes. I am glad you had such a nice time in SC. It’s funny how at home chores don’t seem like chores on vacation. That’s great your niece’s fiancé is a nice guy.

Austina, sorry you didn’t sleep well but good for you powering through pilates. Oh no to getting a shot but sometimes those are necessary. Good deal to find Colin some clothes. You’ll like being able to record so many things at once plus still watch TV. I find the more I record the more behind I get. Glad I can listen to some programs at work. That is something about Colin’s father being away for the entire war. I am glad he came home. I have always enjoyed WWII stories and thought Band of Brothers was very well done. The W.E.B. Griffin series on WWII were good books (if you haven’t read them). He mixes fact with fiction so there are names in the stories you know. I have often thought of that how many people came home to find their families gone and no way to find them. It wasn’t like today where you phone and phone number went with you. I get what you mean about Colin being gone; I was the same way when Marty was overseas; but we at least knew they were safe and coming home. I am glad your week is zipping by; mine isn’t but that’s probably because at 5 pm tomorrow my vacation starts.

PierreBear, I am sure you are glad DH is home and are enjoying getting things done. I don’t know anything about the job Marty is going to look at; I guess it would be a lot of travel. I haven’t even heard if they’d allow him to work remotely. I am trying to remain calm until he has more information. Thank you for the birthday wishes. Making dehydrated treats for camping is a great idea. That’s wonderful you are getting some apricots. I hope the bugs and birds don’t eat too many of them.

TeKate, I am so sorry to hear you had 2 implants today and that is awful previous ones didn’t take. I hope your pain gets better soon. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed Yellowstone.

Sharon, thank you for the birthday wishes.

We had company over for supper last night and had a real wild party. My friend brought over a cake for dessert and of course we had wine. The girls took on the boys in cribbage and the girls handily won 3 of 4 rounds. It was aa nice time.

I am looking forward to 5 pm tomorrow. Come on vacation!
Marcy

See how wild and crazy we were last night?
IMG_2865.JPG

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy June 1st. I would like to dedicate this month to our dear @junebug17.
Junie happy June!

@marcy so glad you are enjoying a wonderful birthday week and that the celebration is continuing. I hope your in law visit goes smoothly and remember it is only temporary and they will be leaving soon enough. And woohoo it's Friday.

@Austina that's a marvelous idea sheathing their nails aka claws lol. Never gonna happen however as they would not tolerate that nor would it stay on them. My sister did that with one of her kitties years ago. I think it partially worked. But our kitties are incorrigible. They all had very very challenging beginnings (with the exception of HRH who was found as a baby and never experienced rough times) so we give them a little extra care and tolerance of bad behavior. I know we are bad parents spoiling them all terribly but just doing the best we can.:wink2:

Aww I am sorry your Satellite system is acting up and I hope it can all get sorted out today for you. Hope your arm is all better now. Those vaccines can be nasty.

Weekend plans?

@Tekate how are you feeling today? Thinking of you and sending more healing ((hugs)) your way.

@CJ2008 how is the rest of your week going? Any weekend activities? How is sweet Mousey doing? Thinking of you. ((Hugs)).

@PierreBear yay for your baby apricot tree bearing fruit. How awesome is that.:appl:
No dairy for me since October. In fact I only had dairy when we had ice cream during those long rides in the summer though I know it seemed I was eating it all the time haha. But I am not cheating anymore re dairy. No dairy, no gluten, no soy, no added sugar, no yeast, no wheat and some other nos. As in NO fun when eating lol. JK. I still get to eat some good food. I'll be OK no worries.

So we received our area rugs yesterday and LOVE them. And the kitties love them too for better or worse LOL. Tommy was really tearing it up when we first laid the rugs out after unpacking them. LOL let's see how long they last.

3catsonrug.jpg shagrugandtommy.jpg newarearugs.jpg

We still have to cut the non stick pads underneath the area rugs and get the rest of the furniture delivered and get rid of some things but just to give you an idea of how they look next to the couches.

Yesterday in between Greg's work conference calls and the rain we got some riding in and met some lovely animals along the way.

geesewithbabiesoncyclingroute.jpg
and they decided to plop themselves down in front of us and not move hahaha.

geeseandbabiesonroad.jpg

and we came across a sweet feral kitty who didnt seem too disturbed by us.

feralkittyonroad.jpg

Off soon to a doctor's appointment and then hopefully getting some cycling in though it is pouring right now. Hoping it clears up. Fingers crossed.
Have a great day girls and sending you all good thoughts and hugs. Enjoy this June 1st and happy weekend to all!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Nirdis!

Missy, the rugs looks beautiful! :love: The kitties definitely like them too haha! Lookind forward to seeing your new furniture :appl: Those baby geese are adorable, and such a sweet kitty. Hopefully the weather will improve enough for you and Greg to fit a bike ride in. Hope your doctor's appointment goes well. Thank you for dedicating the month to me, I feel so special! :P2

Tekate, so sorry about the implants, mouth pain is just awful and I hope you're feeling better soon. Welcome home, glad to hear you had a great trip!

PB, how cool that your tree is producing apricots - I've always thought it would be fun to have a fruit tree, I'm glad your tree is finally cooperating!

Austina, yes, this was a pretty short trip - with dh traveling so much, what we've been doing is meeting in SC for long weekends on occasion, rather than him flying home. We're going for a week in July so looking forward to that. Sorry the tv system is acting up and I hope it's a quick fix.

Marcy, woo-hoo to the start of your vacation! :dance: Yes, the bears and rabbit look a little wiped out from all the excitement lol - glad you had a good time on your birthday. You're right, it probably was the lawn guys who messed up the watering system, makes sense.

Not much going on today - dh left from SC for a business trip and will be home this afternoon so we'll probably get a bite to eat somewhere. Tomorrow we're meeting dd and her boyfriend for lunch. Other than that not too much planned for the weekend.

Have a great Friday! Xox

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

TGIF!

So glad you had a good birthday @marcy , an evening spent with friends sounds perfect - and cake :dance: Woohoo, for a week away from the madhouse.

Sounds like a nice weekend @junebug17 - 2 meals out - bonus :lol: and of course spending time with your family.

The rugs look great @missy and really compliment the new furniture. Obviously have the Kitty Seal of Approval, they’ve made themselves very comfortable :sun: Glad you managed to get in a ride in between the rain.

The guy came today to sort out the satellite TV - long story short, he eventually fixed everything, but it took him another 2 1/2 hrs :eek-2:

No plans for the weekend, other than to do the kitchen floor, touch up some paintwork and a few other little jobs around the house.

Happy weekend :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@junebug17 thank you! The console and end tables came yesterday while we were cycling. Got back too late to put the console together. That will be a challenging piece to put together (reviews said it took them on average 4 hours) but Greg quickly put the end tables together and I am still processing if I like them. They are the mid-century modern style I was going for but not as minimal as what we had in that space originally so I have to see if I love them or not. Greg loves them but he is easy compared to me.:P2

Hope dh arrived home safely and that you enjoyed a yummy meal out.

And you deserve to feel special every single day Junie. You're a very special person.
742469s3709nw4fb.gif

@Austina yay for the satellite being fixed and honestly I don't think 2.5 hours to fix it was bad. Sometimes Cablevision techs have been in our apartment hours and hours and come to think of it Comcast was at the beach house on several occasions for a few hours too. A bit stressful but the end result was worth it and glad it is resolved.
Thanks for the new furniture compliments. Still lots to do but it is coming together bit by bit.

We had a wonderful and long cycling ride after my doctor's appointment and after we dropped a few packages off to the post office which actually took longer than expected but sending packages overseas can take time when having to fill out custom forms etc. Anyway nice long ride down the shore by the sea and all in all lots of fun. We are heading out soon because it will be getting warmer this afternoon but will quickly share some pics with you.

More baby geese! This time in Ocean Grove. Gee I love them so much. :kiss2: Their soft yellow hair adorable and so fuzzy. Just wanted to hug and kiss them but I know I cannot.
geesebabiesandparents.jpg

And a quick photo from this AM. I didn't get a great pic of both end tables but hopefully this gives you an idea of how they look. You can see the one on Greg's side of the couch in the foreground.

midcenturymodernendtables.jpg

Better pic of it online.

midcenturyendtabledark.jpg.png

Can you spy the kitties in the first end table pic? ;-) Speaking of which Happy Caturday Saturday girls and enjoy the day!
Off cycling now.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello NIRDI ladies. I am still somewhat (alot) in pain land. I will give you a quick rundown on this dental implant(s) story. Over two years ago I had 2 implants put in :) one took, the other become quite infected and it came out, my sweet doc (well sweet? young? nice?) anyway my oral surgeon did a debridement, a few months later he put in another implant, okay became infected and fell out AND I kept telling him that the tooth that had the root canal STILL hurt, of course he was not the idiot endodontist who did the root canal, anyway after months of trying to heal I went back and had the oral surgeon pull it, it seemed the only way to try and stop this never ending infection and to get going on another implant (again, remember I have one in the back that took).. Okay doc does another debridement and we wait he puts in another implant, it falls out.. at this point I dunno.. it was sort of Kafkaesque in my mind like WTF is wrong with this thing? why the recurring infection, okay in January surgeon did 3rd huge big debridement and off I went waiting to heal etc.. I go in to get stitches out and the doctor says I'm gonna do two implants when you are healed etc.. Now how many implants has he done? one that worked and 3 that fell out, that is 4 (I paid for 2) I did pay for the extraction also.. so now I have the latest two implants which puts this guy well into 6 implants for me, I am babying myself, I use a salt rinse every hour, and I am on Clindamycin gigundo pills 3X a day, chlorohexidrine wash 3x a day.. I have started looking back in my mouth and so far I see no pus.. it's a scary thing really. The surgeon thinks that this all had to do with the tooth that is gone but had root canal.. that guy that did the root canal in late 8/16, I went back 3X and kept telling him it STILL HURT alot, he think's I'm trying to get narcotics and says I will complete the root canal early, he numbs starts drilling and I go upside, it was excrutiating he's yelling at me, telling ME I almost ruined the root canal (of which I had to have pulled a year later).. I think my MD/surgeon knows all this and is trying his best to do the right thing, I should have sued the fu---r endodontist for malpractice. Everytime my MD does something he also adds cadaver bone.. he's lost tons on me, so here I am, swollen, tired, living on ibuprofen, I didn't take the Vicodin as it makes me sick anyway. Its a sorry story.. Not sure what I will do if these two become infected. Stitches come out on 6/11.. The last time I spoke to my big sister was 9/3/16 (she died 10/3) I called her and left her a message telling her my tale of woe up to that point, (she always screened calls :) ) she called me right back and we talked for quite a while and it was a nice call, she sounded really like she had a bad case of pneumonia or bronchitis but it turns out that was all the fluid around her heart etc from her failing, calcified heart.. who knew? not me, although I DID mention to her several years earlier that she should have her parathyroid glands checked since she had some really painful kidney stones, she said sure, didn't and that was that. Anyway adding that to this continuing sage just makes me lethargic and sad and in some (lot) of pain so I'm not gone I'm just not reading much. Sorry I missed your bday @marcy here's to another happy day! all you fine ladies thank you for reading this far if you did and if you didn't I don't blame you!

@missy I hold you in my heart.. such a ray of kindness.. :)

Everyone else, you all are rays of cool sunshine.. kind people who I know I will meet in real life at some point..

Thank you for being my friends.

Kate

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kate, I feel very badly for all you're going through, being in constant pain is terrible and I really hope these implants heal and don't give you any more problems. And I am so very sorry about the loss of your sister too, such a devastating loss, (((hugs))). We are here for you, hang in there.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s! June has her own month. Sweet!!!

Missy, your new furniture and rugs look great. I am still chuckling at how much your kitties love them. Cute babies and animals you found on your rides; it sounds like you enjoyed some quality cycling. Are the end tables growing on you? Did Greg get the consoles together? I do see the kitties relaxing in the background.

Junebug, we do have some wild party animals around here. Glad to hear your DD’s business trip was a quick one. Nice to go to with your DD and her boyfriend.

Austina, although it sounds like you are going to have a quiet weekend; however those little chores around the house quickly add up. I swear my dryer never stopped today but all the sheets and blankets are now clean and put back in place in both of our guest bedrooms.

Tekate, big hugs for losing your sister; I am so sorry. I hate to hear about your constant pain and all of your problems with your teeth and implants. I hope these new ones don’t give you any problems. Teeth pain is miserable.

I got a lot of chores done since I came home yesterday. I made and printed 40 invitations for my sister and BIL’s anniversary party, typed up labels for the invitations, figured out how to print labels from Word (I always forget), filled out some insurance paperwork (it had evil little squares to fill in which was pure torture for my vision) and ran the washer and dryer constantly. I took some time out to go to a graduation party and to go to supper with Marty. Tonight I got the invitations ready to mail. Tomorrow I only have to finish laundry and pick up some groceries. Then the in laws arrive.

Have a fabulous day!
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh @Tekate I am so sorry. My heart breaking for you reading what you went and are still going through. And I am so sorry about your sister.
I hope and pray you find real relief from the pain soon and that you heal fully and completely and never have to deal with these teeth/root issues again. Sending you much love and gentle hugs and comfort and as Junie and Marcy wrote we are here for you in any way we can be. Don't hesitate to reach out offline if you want to. I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers and hoping this painful ordeal is soon over. (((HUGS))).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls.:wavey: It's a windy windy Sunday here. Winds of 25 plus mph so no cycling today for us but that's OK. Lots to do that has been pushed to the side for cycling so time to take care of other things.

@marcy thank you for all your lovely comments. Greg is putting the console together now as I type this to you.

gregandconsoleinprogress.jpg

Looks like quite the project. Best case scenario if we love it when he finishes we will not be able to put the tv and stereo stuff on it yet because that would take too long. I just want to see if we are keeping it so he is putting it together. Will have to move it where all the entertainment stuff is at another time. The end tables *are* growing on me you are right. Decided to keep them. It's nice to have more surface area to put our drinks and stuff too.

Wow you were sure busy these past few days and I'm exhausted just reading how much you did lol. You are the energizer Marcy...you keep on going strong girl.:appl: I hope your day goes well and that your in laws visit goes as well as possible.

@junebug17 hope you're enjoying the weekend and having fun and hugs to Zoe.

Hope everyone is having a good June. Summer is almost officially here. (((Hugs))).

Quick sunrise photo from this AM

sunrisejune2018.jpg

Enjoy this Sunday and an extra big but gentle (((HUG))) to @Tekate. (((HUGS))).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Greg finished putting it together.

console.jpg

Not where it will be placed of course. We like it!:appl:

Oh and sharing a pic from yesterday's ride. So pretty.

bayshoretrailcycling.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:
:wavey:NIRDIS

Warm weekend--so we rode around yesterday, taking a bit of a different route. Saw a new house for 6 million bucks. A real looker--the open house attracted a few looike loos--we just happened upon it. I thought it was gorgeous--very modern just my style!! I walked to the market after.

Today we'll ride to the Lilac festival. It is a long ride but a nice one. Everyone in town will be there so it is good we are cycling--easy access. Lots to do and see and entertainment as well. Great part of town for restaurants as well--so well eat.

My Doc thinks I have bursitis in my hip--three weeks I have to wait for an U/S. It doesn't both me constantly but it is noticeable. I might go to physio and see if that helps. But not this week as I am working.

Anyway, hope everyone is well.

cheers--Sharon

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Oh @Tekate what an awful ordeal. I hope the new implants settle and take so you don’t have to go through all this again. It wasn’t something we did at the surgery I worked at, it’s such a specialist field. I hope the pain starts subsiding, it always seems so much worse in your head. I’m sorry to hear about your sister :(2

Will you be puting in an offer @canuk-gal :D ? Enjoy your cycling, but take it easy with your hip. Ugh, 3 weeks for an appt!

I’m sorry @junebug17 but you’re going to have to share the month :lol: Hope you’re having a lovely weekend

You were right @marcy, our quiet weekend has been busy! Spent all of yesterday on the kitchen floor. It looks even better than when we did it the first time. I’ve been round today touching up paintwork. You’ve been so busy yourself , sounds like you’ve got a lot done. Is the party a surprise, or do your sister & BIL know? When do the outlaws arrive?

Boo to the high winds stopping you cycling @missy, but at least you now know that the console is a keeper, looks like it’ll fit right in with the rest of the new furniture. What is it with cats and boxes? :lol:

The noisy neighbours from a couple of weeks ago, we’re at it again yesterday :angryfire: Inconsiderate morons!

It’s been really hot and sticky this weekend, yuk.

We’re going up to London tomorrow - more of that anon, hopefully with photos ;)2

Have a great day :wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina....nah my DH didn't like it.;-)

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

Missy, love the tv console!:love: A great mix of retro and modern, it's really pretty and looks like it will work well with the other furniture. Glad you have warmed up to the endtables, I think they look perfect. Sorry you guys can't go cycling today but I'm sure you and Greg will still have a great day together. Such cute pics of the baby geese, I love how fuzzy they are. Gorgeous pic of the sunrise too...although I wish you could have slept in a little and missed that sunrise, I know you've mentioned you aren't sleeping well these days. :(2

Sharon, you sound like you live in such a nice place! Your area sounds like a good mix of scenic areas and city living. The best of both worlds! Ugh, so sorry that your hip is still bothering you and I hope you can get to physio soon, it's worth a try.

Austina, good to hear the tv situation has been straightened out, these repairs usually do seem to take a long time - maybe it takes them a while to trouble-shoot and figure out what the problem is, it always seems so mysterious to me! Woo-hoo to going to London, I hope it's something really fun lol. You do sound like you've been very busy, you deserve a day off. Oh no to the noisy neighbors, so inconsiderate :(2 Ok, ok, I guess I'll share the month with you if I have to haha!

Marcy, wow, you definitely have been busy. It seems like there's always so much to do when you're having overnight guests. Hope you had a good time at the graduation party, and it's nice you got a break from your chores by going out to dinner with Marty. Good for you for getting those inivitations out, that's a very time consuming activity. Are you planning the whole party?

Kate, thinking of you, hope you're not feeling too badly. (((Hugs)))

Had a really nice time meeting dd and her boyfriend for lunch, the weather was good so we were able to sit outside with a lovely view of the NY skyline. My dd is a lot of fun, so full of life - she makes me laugh and really lifts my spirits. We got to see her new apartment - small but newly rennovated and so nice. I like the complex she's in, seems very safe, you need a key or card to get in anywhere. Has a gym and an outdoor courtyard as well. She did a great job decorating the place too, she seems to have a knack for interior decorating. Of course dh and I got caught in a torrential downpour on the way home but at least it was after lunch lol.

Not much on the agenda for today - just the usual Sunday stuff - laundry, watching golf, and cooking lol.

Hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Missy, I can’t resist commenting that we Wyomingites consider 25 mph winds a breeze. Darn that you couldn’t go cycling though. You did have a nice time shopping though. You guys are almost done with the living room; everything is looking great. I love your sunrise picture; it’s awesome. BTW, I am sure your kitties are so impressed that their humans keep getting them new furniture to lounge around on.

Sharon, I bet that house was impressive. I am glad you are enjoying some nice weather. I hope you had a great time at the Lilac Festival; it sounds like a loot of fun. Good luck getting your U/S to figure out what’s going on with your hip. I am glad it isn’t bothering your constantly.

Austina, I can’t say I am surprised your quiet weekend turned out to be busy. I often say I go back to work to rest. That’s great news your floor looks even better now. Well worth the work. The in-laws arrived about 1 today and we were having cocktails by 2:30. The anniversary party is not going to be a surprise; it should be fun. Darn those noisy neighbors; does your area have a home owner’s association? Ugh to hot and sticky weather. Hope it cools off a bit.

Hi Sharon!

Junebug, my nephew’s wife is planning the anniversary party but I offered to help. She generally emails or texts invitations so I thought that would be a good task for me to do for her. I’ll see if I can bring food but I think it’s going to be a coffee and cake reception. I am glad you had such a wonderful time with your DD; that’s awesome she lifts your spirits. Her apartment sounds great. Glad you got home safely in spite of torrential rain.

We went to breakfast bright and early, picked up some groceries and then Marty headed to the golf course. My in-laws showed up about 1 and after Marty got home from golf we went out to eat.

I had $55 Kohl’s cash to spend; I still spent $106 but I did get a pair of pants, some cards and some 14K gold hoops. And darn they gave me $20 more in Kohl’s cash to sucker me to come back next week. What a racket.

Have a great evening.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

@junebug17 sounds like the perfect weekend. So happy you enjoyed your dd and her boyfriend's company and had a lovely lunch with lovely weather to boot. And yes to her being in a safe and nice complex. Perfect and helps ease your mind. Peace of mind is a big part of being happy IMO. And I know with kids peace of mind can be more elusive so very happy you have one less concern.:appl:Sorry you got caught in a torrential downpour that day. It was pretty bad there for a while re the rain by us too the other day. I hope your dh got to enjoy golf yesterday despite the high winds around here. I cannot believe the temp drop from Saturday (90s here) to Sunday and today (in the 50s here). Crazy temps. Thanks for the furniture compliments. We definitely are pleased with the choices we made. Changes to whole feel of the room to exactly what I was hoping for.

And a big thanks for keeping me company yesterday.

@marcy hope the start of your in law visit is going smoothly and they are keeping you laughing. Humor is the best tool around to engaging others and making everyone comfortable despite any differences. Hope the visit continues to keep you smiling and laughing and in good humor. And you know we are here to divert your attention when necessary from anything unpleasant. Sweet deal re your Kohl's purchase and cash back. I never went to Kohl's and wonder if there is one around here. Good going Marcy. Haha yes that does get one back in the store giving cash to spend. :cheeky: Thank you and some of the other girls for keeping me company as I went food shopping and also bought some new clothes yesterday. I love sharing with you girls so much. And thanks for all the furniture compliments.

Haha yes I knew that was small potatoes wind wise compared to you. My question to you is dear Marcy is this. Since it really is a baby wind for you can't you take our winds from us and let us have calm weather here? Pretty please?:P2

@Tekate I am thinking of you and sending more healing hugs and vibes your way. Hope you are experiencing some relief from the awful pain. And hope you have something happy diverting your attention from it. Looking forward to seeing more of your vacation photos. Beautiful family but that doesn't surprise me as you are a beautiful person inside and out. (((Hugs))) and hope this is a good week for you.

@canuk-gal oh that house sounds gorgeous. Was there a view from the house of anything good? I am all about the view and bright open spaces inside. We (well I so I guess my dh is similar to your dh that way though he doesn't hate it it is not his first choice of things to do imagine that haha) love house hunting and we haven't done it for a while. But if the opportunity arose where the weather was not good for cycling or something else outdoors and there was an open house we wanted to see we would be there. We used to love doing the designer showcase open houses where you buy tickets and go from house to house getting to see how others live. So much fun. Glad you enjoyed cycling too this weekend.

I am sorry about your bursitis and hope you can get the Ultrasound soon and find relief sooner. I hope physio helps provide relief for you.

@Austina no worries, there is plenty of the month of June to go around. We have a few birthdays in June if I am not mistaken and I know yours is in June too.;-) Glad you got your satellite fixed and that you were able to make the kitchen floor beautiful again. Nice work.

Sorry your neighbors were being inconsiderate. I hate that so much. Why can't people be more considerate of others? Really that is one of the biggest things wrong in this world IMO. Rampant rudeness and inconsiderate behavior and not showing compassion to others. :(2 Sorry you are having hot and sticky weather. Here we have that but then if you wait a minute it becomes like winter again. From 90s F to 50s F in less than 24 hours. Not exaggerating sadly.

Haha yes I don't know what it is with cat and boxes. I imagine the same thing is going on as with small children and boxes. They often rather play with the boxes than the gift. In the case of the kitties we prefer that haha. Stay away from the furniture and no one gets hurt.:lol:
Thank you for the lovely comments re the beach furniture. Appreciate that.

Hope you enjoy London today. I love London.:appl:

@CJ2008 hope you had a good weekend. (((Hugs))).

@LLJsmom (((HUGS))).

Off to the dentist for round 2 today and a tooth she worked on from the last time I saw her is bothering me so not sure what we will actually be doing today. Fingers crossed it is relatively pain free. ::)

Have a good Monday girls!:wavey:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I’ll get the important things out of the way first :D

Our trip to London was to Hatton Garden (diamond district). I found a seller with some OEC’s so we decided to have a look, then I have something to compare with at OWD.

They were original settings from the 1910-1920 period.

So, photos

784FEA43-9971-422D-94AC-A1AEF13FABB2.jpeg
3.31 ct K VS2
73CFC31C-6349-4CE3-8C52-048A4D446378.jpeg
2.24 H Si1

4388D37A-CCFB-4DBE-9A34-BC1F1CBFA5BE.jpeg
3.29 M VVS1
8135BABA-BFFE-4340-8C38-A4F4DCBEF934.jpeg
2.5 I SI2
F3E36BCA-B93E-4803-9F76-59BBA568A0EC.jpeg
All together

I don’t think the facet patterns were as good as OWD has, the 3.29ct M was the prettiest facet pattern, and outside in natural daylight, although showing tint, it really didn’t bother me.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Morning! Going to try and post a pic or two of Yellowstone, on my phone so here:s hoping. IMG_20180603_162612_006.jpg IMG_20180603_161624_905.jpg IMG_20180525_111408.jpg IMG_20180525_101549.jpg

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We waliked past Sotheby’s and these beauties were in the window
75 ct Yellow diamond, no idea of the carat weight of the pave set collar

932523F9-C0F4-4625-846C-8CAC1A4C5EF3.jpeg

These were huuuuuuge 364FC2DD-BA95-4136-AB8B-765532378AE5.jpeg

C2C0CB37-E3FE-40BD-8AF6-6D578E3C2787.jpeg

I also tried on this, a stonking 5.5 ct M VS1-VS2 OEC surround by beautiful sapphires, estimated 1.75|2.25cts in 16.9 gms of 18k yellow gold
F68C2C4B-6790-49B7-A3CF-55BD6039D00E.jpeg

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be back later!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Right, I’m back.

The satellite problem was because the new system involves individual wireless boxes. The signal from the main box wasn’t getting to the one in the orangery, so he put a booster in the kitchen, so now they’re ‘talking’ to each other without interference :lol: He also discovered that the original cables coming in to the main box were a mess. He sorted it out, but when he put up the new dish, I believe he disturbed/dislodged the aerial cable. The TV in the kitchen has Freeview (Free TV via aerial) which I’d set up and was working fine until his first visit. It was dead after the first visit, no aerial feed :roll2: Anyway, it was cheaper to get another box than call out someone to fix the aerial. After setting up the 4th box, he had to reset the system so the other 3 boxes were talking to the 4th. Phew, sorry for the long explanation.

Wow, your weather is totally bizarre @missy and they say it’s only England where you can get all 4 seasons in one day :lol:

I hope your dental appt went well today and that she’s managed to find the problem and fix it painlessly.

When I saw those gorgeous drop earrings in Sotheby’s window, I totally thought of you :D

Thank you for the photos @Tekate . How’s your mouth today?

I hope things are going well with the visiting outlaws @marcy. After living on a gated development before, we didn’t want the hassle again, so things like noise nuisance are dealt with by the Environmental Health Officer of the local council. They wouldn’t consider prolonged thumping music during the day a nuisance :x2 so you basically have to lump it.

So glad your DD is settled in to her apartment @junebug17 it’s reassuring for you to know she’s safe. Sounds like you had a fun lunch, but :eek2: to the downpour. I’m not sure how old your 2 are, but boy, doesn’t it make you feel old realising they’re independent adults? :shock:

Dottie was so funny when we took her to Toms today, as soon as we arrived she’s was excited and shouting to get out of the car and get in :lol: Her tail was wagging furiously and she rushed straight in, makes me glad that she’s so happy to stay with him, and he genuinely seems to love having her.

I really don’t know how Colin used to do that journey up to London everyday, I’m pooped!

Big wave to all the NIRDIs :wavey:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone -

Missy, I hope your dentist visit went ok and was as pain-free as possible! I loved seeing all your pics and the goodies you bought yesterday, very fun!

Marcy, so nice of you to lend a hand with the party, sounds like it will be lovely. Glad the visit with your in-laws is going well so far. Have an extra cocktail for me haha! You made out well at Kohls, and yeah, I guess they know what they're doing by giving you more cash lol.

Austina, you are a true PS'er! Thank you so much for the bling pics, so fun to see. The OECs you tried on are very pretty, and it's great that you had the chance to see some before your NY trip. I really love the first one on your hand :love: The Southby's pieces are amazing! Oh my goodness, that yellow diamond is incredible. Love the round dangles, and the pear dangles, stunning. And wow to that 5.5 carat OEC!

All of that satellite/tv system stuff and can make one's head spin, that's for sure! Very glad the technician was able to figure it all out and you are up and running again.

And yes, I do feel pretty old when I realize that my kids are now officially adults! They are 29 and (almost) 26, I can't believe it. So cute that Dottie was happy to be at Toms, it's so great that she loves staying there - I'm sure it gives you and Colin peace of mind.

Tekate, beautiful pics of your trip! :love: I hope your implants aren't causing you a lot of pain.

Very quiet day today, just did a few chores around the house and went for a walk. Tomorrow I'll probably make a trip to Costco. Woo-hoo!

Take care everyone!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Missy, we are having a nice time. Today we went shopping, had afternoon cocktails and snacks and we made tacos for supper. Easy day. Thanks for offering to divert my attention and keep me company. We did go to Kohl’s again and I left my $20 Kohl’s cash with 20% off coupon at home but I signed up for text messages while waiting in line and got 15% off. Sweet. I love deals. Marty was getting some shorts, a shirt and I was picking up a remote for some more lights to put in my Snoopy jar. I will tell Mother Nature to pull that wind back from the East coast and just add it to our daily gusts. No problem there and I’m glad to help. Your new clothes and furniture are great; I was glad to go along on your shopping trip. I hope your dentist visit went well and was pain free.

Austina, your nail looks great; I like that color. And the bling is gorgeous as well. How fun to go comparison shopping. Also great pieces at Sotheby’s. My favorite are the dangles with pears on the bottom. That sapphire ring looks huge. Glad to hear they got your satellite dishes all up and working. They can be temperamental. Darn it that there isn’t much you can do about the noisy neighbor. Hopefully they don’t kick it up too often. That is awesome Dottie is so happy to go stay with Tom; what a relief for you.

TeKate, great pictures of Yellowstone. Did you get to catch Old Faithful going off?

Junebug, I did pour a second glass of wine today but I didn't finish it. The one I have tomorrow will be for you. That's nice you had a quiet day. Have fun at Costco tomorrow. More shopping. We NIRDI's do our best for the economy. :lol:

We got our estimate for windows today. The casement windows were about 3K more than the sliders. We went out to the showroom and checked them out so decided to go with sliders. I think Marty was hesitant because of the price but I said let’s do it. Marty asked for a better price so he got $500 knocked off. We are getting 7 windows; 2 with eyebrows for about 9K. I told him that could be my Christmas (and hopefully his but we’ll see.) We should get them in about 5-6 weeks. I really think it will help with both the heating and cooling bills. If nothing else it is a plus to list when the time comes to sell the house.

My bracelet is ready to pick up; I will go get it tomorrow. We are meeting Marty’s great uncle for lunch at 11:30. The in laws are going to spend the afternoon and evening with some friends so we’ll have a quiet afternoon at home.

The guy filling in for Marty has pneumonia so Marty has helped out with a few calls for work. I am totally ignoring my work emails.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@junebug17 thank you for coming along with me.:appl:Your kids are grown but they are always your babies no matter their age and they have a beautiful and young momma.:love: Lucky kids. Thanks for the well wishes re the dentist. It went OK. More on that below. Enjoy Costco today.

@marcy sounds like your vacation is going quite well and I am glad you are enjoying it. Thanks for coming along with me this weekend and I loved having you girls there with me. Appreciate your pain free wishes very much. Also appreciate you asking Mother Nature to diminish that wind. It worked and yesterday after the dentist we had a lovely bike ride. And heading out for another this morning. And if the weather cooperates will spend the day cycling today and tomorrow is looking good too. Fingers crossed. And haha yes to more shopping. I did some online shopping before the dentist visit yesterday morning and bought another 6 pairs of pants and a dress. Not sure if it will fit or look good but it is due to arrive tomorrow. Cannot beat that service. Will keep you posted.

Woohoo to getting new windows and yay to getting $500 off just by asking. You go girl.:appl: They will make a wonderful difference to your space. You will love it and it will be money well spent. And yes to getting your bracelet today. Cannot wait to see it on you Marcy.:love: And I love the meaning behind it.

And please continue ignoring your work emails. I am proud of you. Sorry Marty is having to take some calls due to his coworker being ill and hoping his colleague has a speedy and full recovery.

@Tekate LOVE your yellowstone pics. Breathtaking scenery. So happy you had a wonderful trip with your family.:appl: How are you feeling today Kate? I am sending you more good thoughts, healing vibes and lots of love and hugs. Pain is awful and I am hoping you have found relief from the worst of it.

@Austina wow thank you for sharing the bling pics.:kiss2: So glad you are taking the opportunity to see old cuts before your visit. It will help you immensely. Plus check out the old cut threads on PS so you have as much info as possible before we go on our Old Cut journey next month. Going to see lots of Chunky facets, crisply defined, pleasing overall shape, even play of light across the face and just big bright beautiful stones. Cannot wait.:appl:

I love all those earrings you shared Austina.:kiss2: And that double drop would be mine if I could swing it. Wow. But I love them all.

Haha yes we do get all 4 seasons in the same day occasionally. See we have more in common that we thought. :lol:

Happy for you that the satellite issue was resolved completely and it does seem these things are way more complicated than they need to be. Same for us and our Cable companies. When things go wrong it takes them a super long time to figure it out by us generally and you did very well getting it so quickly resolved.

Thanks for the well wishes re dental appointment. It went relatively smoothly. She removed 3 amalgams (one very small so that is why she was able to do 3 yesterday). I have a big double one that she thinks might need a crown. If not now eventually but I hope she can just save it with a composite filing and doesn't have to do a crown right now. But we will see. I have asked her to take care of that at my next visit. I thought she was going to do that one first as it has a small crack but she didn't. So far 5 amalgams out and 5 left but a few of the ones that are left are relatively large so probably will take me a number of visits and if I need a crown another couple of visits. Oh well, it's a marathon and not a race right?

Hope everyone has a lovely Tuesday. :appl:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hello everyone, still is a lot of pain and thank you so much @missy for sending healing thoughts and vibes. it's as though I have an abscessed tooth again.. I dunno.. I see doctor on the 11th maybe it will be better by then. it's a boring pain like you just want to go to sleep.

I hope all the ladies are having good weeks.. getting my hair cut today. BBL! after I have tea and read. sending love to everyone.

Kate

P

PierreBear

Hello and sorry I’ve been MIA! We had a treacherous storm over the weekend. Felt like a tornado and DH and I were up in the middle of the night defending our home from water. All our dried towels were used to soak up water coming in from the sliding windows since the home was shaking and allowing the rain to pelt through. We consider ourselves lucky though we still have our usual issues, but other neighbors had the roofs and siding ripped off. I even saw that a smart carhood was ripped off! Anyhow, it was just so unexpected and think in hindsight, we should have been more careful and been away from the windows. We couldn’t see out since the power was out and everything was dark and had no clue that all that debris was flying around. Anyhow, trying to get back into the swing of things and get ready for our trip coming up. Hope ya’ll have a great day and apologies if I missed anyone below. Trying to catch up and wishing all is well for everyone!

@missy – Hope the console project is going well. Hurray to end tables where you can put drinks and snacks. We have some light untreated wood and it always makes me nervous that a coaster isn’t used as it leaves rings. Wish there was a way to put a coating on there myself or something…. Or should have just considered a different product. Hope your new furniture pieces don’t have to be as high maintenances as ours.

Glad your dental appointment went well. 5 left to go…. Will you do the rest in the near future?

@marcy – I bet the anniversary party is going to be a blast!

@Tekate – Sorry about the teeth issues.. aiyaya… your trip looks fantastic. Thanks for sharing photos.

@canuk-gal – Sorry to hear about the bursitis in the hip. What do you mean you have to wait for a U/S? What does U/S stand for? Hope it’s not an intrusive procedure to treat.

@junebug17 – I love the way you talk about your DD and find so much joy in her! She must get your interior decorating skills. : )

@Austina – Wow… those rings and so special that they were in the original settings. Glad you have a comparison in your mind before going to OWD. Did this sway you more towards old stones versus modern? Your nails/hands are lovely!!!

Glad you got all your tv/satellite/system thing sorted out. Boxes talking to boxes… glad someone knows how to do that!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

So glad the dental work is going well @missy, hopefully it’ll soon be done and that’ll be one issued resolved.

I’m glad we saw what was on offer here because I didn’t think their examples were on a par with yours and PB’s, but their prices were pretty steep!

Woohoo to the good weather enabling you to get out and cycle, and :dance: to online shopping.

It’s definitely worth getting better windows @marcy, they’ll pay for themselves in terms of energy bills. Your house is quite new isn’t it, it’s a shame you weren’t given the option during construction.

There seems to be a theme developing with the outlaw’s visit, I hope they’re not driving you to drink ;-)

Well done ignoring the work emails, but boo that Marty has to work.

I feel even older now @junebug17 Adam will be 35 in August :-o :lol: Try not to buy out Costco, there’s always something you didn’t know you needed!

Oh my goodness @PierreBear that sounds awful. I don’t think Adam had any problems where he is. I hope your home is ok and you have found any residual issues. When are you off on your trip?

I wish I could answer your question :lol: The truth is, I honestly don’t know. I know I’ve only seen photos of Bea, but after I saw yours, I decided an OEC was definitely under consideration. I’m not going to make my final decision until after the WF visit, but I think it’ll be one of those times when I’ll know what I want when I see it. :D

Poor you @Tekate - I’m so sorry you’re still suffering, take care.

:oops: Thanks for the hand and nail compliments, I really must moisturise them more, but I’m always washing them after stroking Dottie.

Went to Pilates, and the window cleaner came, that’s the sum total of the excitement today :lol:

Hope you’re all having a good one :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results