carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Missy, I am so glad Mother Nature listened to me and you had calm and nice weather for cycling. That’s great you have days of cycling planned. Good deal continuing on a clothes shopping spree. You are set. I am having a bit of buyer’s remorse today - spending that much on windows we want but don’t need but I do think it will help our gas and electric bill. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it. I picked up my bracelet and I do really like it. I have a few shots from my phone I’ll post. That’s good you have 1/2 of your amalgams out already. I hope the rest of them go smoothly.

Tekate, I’ve been thinking about you and having sympathy pains for you. I swear my teeth (especially the gum where I had a tooth pulled) have been achy since I read your story. Big hugs to you! Feel better.

PierreBear, that storm sounds awful! Did they ever decide a tornado was in the area? And yes I was going to say - um please get back from the windows.

Austina, we had our house built and moved in Dec. 2012. Marty said we had the option to upgrade windows but we were pretty optioned out by then; even those upgrades wouldn’t be as nice as these will be. This company is a local business with a great reputation. They repair or replace your windows for free. I did ask him yesterday how they hold up from hail and he said they hold up really well. A town 35 miles east of here was absolutely trashed from a hail storm 2 summers ago and most of the houses with their windows and trim came out unscathed so after they had more business than they could handle for a while. I had a Coke today; alcohol just sound good. My in-laws are probably shocked. I agree that when you see the diamond that is “it” you’ll know it. I can’t wait to see what you eventually get.

The rest of the crowd got up bright and early today so I finally gave in and got up at 6:45. Darn. We met some relatives for lunch. The in-laws were going to meet with friends this afternoon and are going back out for supper. My MIL sure pours on the perfume when she goes out. Aak!

Marty dropped me by the mall to pick up my bracelet. I ran some flowers and a balloon out to the cemetery this afternoon; today would have been my parent’s 70th anniversary.

I stopped by the accountant and asked about our taxes again. He was in a meeting so was going to call me; I guess we can go sign and get it sent tomorrow. Finally.

Have a great evening.
Marcy

Blurry blown up images of my bracelet from my phone. My freckles show.
Screen Shot 2018-06-05 at 3.10.21 PM.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! It's a crisp sunny autumn feeling morning out here. Beautiful.
I call this photo I just took "just before sunrise"

beforesunrise.jpg

@marcy lovely bracelet. And your freckles are adorable. Love both the bracelet and your freckles.:love:
Your windows are a worthwhile investment I am sure. They are more efficient and more beautiful and you will enjoy this purchase I am sure.
Sorry you got up earlier than you wanted yesterday but 6:45 AM sounds late to me lol. We are up before 5 AM every single day. The sun rising earlier and the promise of cycling weather is too much for me to sleep through haha. But I would love to sleep in another hour or so. Ugh to too much perfume on your MIL. That is not pleasant. I wonder if Marty could say something gently to her like both your allergies are acting up so could she refrain from wearing perfume for her visit? Is that too rude? Hope you all have a good day together.

@Austina Pilates and window cleaners sound like a very productive day. Cleaning the house and cleaning the mind and body. Good accomplishment for sure.
When in August is Adam's birthday? Is he a fellow Leo? I never appreciated my August birthday because I didnt love the hot weather and it was near the end of summer so I was always had mixed feelings. Yay birthday but in a few weeks school would be starting. LOL that was me. Always thinking ahead and worrying.:oops2: Anyway all that to say I appreciate my August birthday now. We always did pool parties for my birthday with all my friends and we always had a blast. Couldn't do that in winter. Also still had weeks left before school started. And don't forget the sweet air conditioning. And loads of ice cream that was enjoyed by my younger self. My gawd August was and is a great month.

@Tekate Oh no I hope your tooth is not abscessed again :cry2:
I am continuing to keep you in my thoughts and send well wishes to you. I hope you are feeling better with each day and am so sorry you are going through this. Sending you more hugs and love and let me know please if there is anything I can do. Anything at all. Do not hesitate to ask please. XO.
How is your new haircut? Did you do anything different or just a trim?

@PierreBear oh no I am sorry ugh. What a nightmare and glad you managed to protect your home. Water is super scary when it gets inside the home. Thank goodness you managed to stave off the worst of it and your home remained mainly unscathed. So sorry you went through that and sorry about your neighbor's damage too.

Funny you should ask about my next dental appointment. They had an opening this AM and the receptionist called me as we were cycling yesterday early because she knows I am anxious to do all of the dental work. So of course I said yes put me in today so in a few hours I have my next dental appointment. I think we are doing the big filling that might necessitate a crown but fingers crossed I can get by with just a filling. My dentist feels it will for sure need a crown eventually but we will see if it needs one today. Wish me luck.

We enjoyed a long cycling ride yesterday despite strong winds and we got a workout. We were both exhausted when we got back lol. But it feels great to be cycling no matter the wind. Today dental appointment and then hopefully cycling this afternoon. Hope you all enjoy a lovely day.:wavey:

Leaving you with some cheery photos from yesterday. Videos of all can be found on my IG.

goslings.jpg

ocean.jpg

loon.jpg

P

PierreBear

Hello! Trying to get back into the swing of things. I did a run in the morning around the neighborhood and it was heart breaking to see all the disaster. I did have to laugh that our sprinkler holder plastic top blew off and landed 2 blocks away. Cars ran over it but I still picked it up and brought it home to show DH just because we thought we would never find it again. Anyhow, sorry to be all doom and gloom still but I would like to mention that I picked up a new skirt and dress the other day. DH said my style was changing… I used to avoid flowers at all cost but both of them have some sort of floral accent. Oh and speaking of dresses, I can’t remember if I shared with ya’ll but I’m telling all my lady friends. I completely thought I ruined a dress by getting a grease stain on it. Friend told me to put corn meal on it and then wash it the next day. Completely 100% gone! The corn meal absorbed all the oil… amazing!!! Hope it comes in handy for any of ya’ll or better yet, don’t eat tacos while wearing a dress. Have a great day.

@Austina – I’m glad Adam didn’t have any problems. It was just pockets of the city where it hit (east and north). We will be off on our trip this upcoming Saturday. The light is at the end of the tunnel!

Ahh girl, I keep asking you about OEC and MRB. Sorry… I hope I’m not annoying you but I’m just so excited for your ring saga! You are very consistent so that is good news. You will know it when you know it!

Good job on pilates!

@marcy – Awww lovely bracelet! Your freckles are darling as well. Enjoy it!

Haha… my MIL is a no frills type of lady. I would love it if one day she wore perfume. I’ve never seen her wear a dress or a skirt before either. We def could never bond over jewelry. Good thing I’m still a tomboy and like the athletic/outdoorsy things… well to some extent… haha as ya’ll know I can’t deal with bugs etc.

@missy – Glad you got to sneak in another dentist appointment. Hope this one goes well and enjoy that cycling as well. OHHHH adorable geese family.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Wow @marcy, your bracelet is gorgeous, I couldn’t see from the previous photo how lovely the chain link was, is it a Byzantine? Your heart charm is just perfect on it, what a great job finding such a compatible piece.

6.45 - that’s the middle of the night :eek2: :lol: We don’t get up till 8am these days, although I’m usually awake early, Colin is an old man who needs his sleep :D

The photos are lovely @missy, the goslings are so cute and fluffy :P2 we have a big flock of Canada geese near the supermarket, so see the little ones toddling about in the grass verge. Hope the dental visit went well today, not a bad thing getting it over and done with as quickly as possible. Hopefully the composite replacements will be substantial enough to last you without the need for a crown.

Sending healing vibes across the ocean @Tekate

Thanks so much for the tip on the corn starch at @PierreBear , I’ll file it away for future reference :D I rarely wear trousers, apart for jeans for dog walking, and if I still had a figure like yours, I’d definitely be wearing more florals.

You could NEVER annoy me talking about diamonds, it’s lovely to have like minded people to share the excitement with, I’m just worried you’ll all get bored with the wait :lol: I really appreciate you all taking an interest and the offers of help.

In the interests of sharing, we did pop in to Sotheby’s for a nosy at all the goodies, and :-o :shock: I just HAD to try this on

10.58 cts, the setting was beautiful, lots of diamonds on the underside you can’t see

C2570ABC-1F0D-41E6-9DDE-390D16343C12.jpeg
I was a Princess for a few minutes. :mrgreen2:

I picked up catalogue, and oh my gosh, so many beautiful vintage pieces :love:

Oh well, a girl can dream :lol:

Popped into Costco this afternoon, that was the excitement for the day.

Hope you’re all having a good day :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Missy, I love your pictures. The babies are so cute. And of course the sunrise and ocean are always gorgeous. Thanks for sharing. Thanks for the kind words about my bracelet. It will be a nice sentimental piece for me to wear. I know Marty won’t say anything to his mom; he is even more reluctant to say anything than I am. Some ladies at work are like that where they drown themselves in perfume. I guess they are used to it. Getting up that early with a chance for cycling is very understandable. Getting up that early to just hang out with the in laws; I’d rather sleep another hour. Ha Ha. Is that wrong? I hope your dental appointment went well today. You’ll be over 1/2 done now.

PierreBear, I looked up the storm that did so much damage there; it looks awful. That’s great you got some new clothes in a new style; how fun. Thanks for the tip on corn meal. That will come in handy. Thank you for the kind words about my bracelet. You and Missy are sweet saying my freckles are cute, I am always embarrassed by them. That is why I generally wear long sleeves. Glad you can bond with your MIL over the outdoors and athletic things. I don’t mind someone wear perfume - it’s more the quantity they apply. So your MIL doesn’t like jewelry? My MIL says she does but she shows absolutely no interest in anyone’s jewelry but her own. I have never seen her notice or comment on someone else’s jewelry yet she proudly talks and shows off her jewelry. My in laws are a bit snooty.

Austina, thank you for the nice compliments about my bracelet. They listed that bracelet as a links so I am not sure what they call it. It feels really smooth. I try to sleep in to 8 on the weekends; I am glad you and Colin make that a routine. I get up at 6:15 no the days I go to work. I too will never get bored or tired of hearing you talk about diamonds and jewelry and of course I love seeing the pictures. That is a serious EC diamond. It’stty gorgeous.

i got up before 7 again today. Phooey. I made a small batch of snickerdoodles per my in laws request. I was going to meet a friend of mine for lunch so I invited Marty and his folks to come with us and to my surprise they accepted. We all had a nice time.

This afternoon I did some laundry and just goofed off. Marty washed and waxed my car; it’s so pretty now.

We are going to supper soon.

Take care.
Marcy

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls!

Missy, I'm so glad you and Greg are getting in a lot of cylcing, I love the pics of the geese and the sunrise and beach pics are gorgeous. Woo-hoo to more clothes, you will be set for the summer! Even though going to the dentist is not fun (an undersatement, I know!) at least it's one more visit out of the way. I hope everything went smoothly.

Marcy, it's too bad your houseguests are such early risers! I agree that it's nice to sleep in a little on vacation. Glad that the visit is going well, sounds like everyone is having a nice time. New windows sound very exciting! They are going to look beautiful, and will be much more efficient. I absolutely LOVE your bracelet, and your mother's pendant looks perfect on it. Such a great idea, and such a sweet way to keep her memory close to you. I'll bet your car looks gorgeous!

PB, on no, I am so sorry about the storm and water getting into the house! It's terrible you had to go through that. :(2 I'm glad that you didn't have a lot of damage though. And it's nice you have a trip to look forward to, adds some excitement to life to have something special planned. Thank you for the tip about the cornmeal, it's good timing because ds has a grease stain on a pair of work pants.

Austina, I'm so excited about your upcoming diamond purchase! Adam at OWD is going to have some lovely diamonds for you to look at. It's going to be a tough choice, MRBs are beautiful too. But what a great dilemma to have lol. That is a spectacular EC and it looks fantastic on your hand.

Tommorrow I'm probably going to take a ride to my brother's. Other than that, nothing much going on - have a great Thursday everyone!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great photos, Marcy-love the bracelet. It's beautiful.
Missy teriffic shots, especially love the ducks!

Austina, just to let you know I’m getting ready to travel again...how about you?

It has been quite an adventure here, ups and downs, and many wonderful memories made...major projects done, friendships strengthened. Too short a time though. I think this is home now. It feels like home and I dread leaving...but will be thrilled to see my dogs.
The trip has been made even shorter by the train strike, now in its third month. To get a train to the airport I have to leave four days early, so now there will be an unexpected adventure of what to do with the time. I have booked a hotel near the Opera in Paris which is a short walk to the fabulous Galeries Lafayette department store. But I don’t know what else I might see, yet, and not sure I care because a day of walkabout is about all I can handle for a first solo in downtown Paris. I‘m exhausted and just wanted to be here or in the US, not having the challenge of finding the next comfort zone.
What a complainer lol. I confess to having more butterflies than I like about this new travel plan. (Changes in travel plans are dancing lessons from god...Kurt Vonnegut)

June, are you loving your car? I think of you and Marcy when I see one here. They are few and far between! I would love to have one.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Hope everyone is doing well. Special shout out to a few of the NRIDIs who are going through some challenging times. Thinking of you and sending lots of healing hugs and love your way.

@junebug17 thank you and my second clothing delivery arrived yesterday and woohoo I am keeping it all. LOL I cannot say no to clothes that fit right? Especially in lovely summer colors of pink and blue and white and green and navy and yellow.:whistle:
I hope you enjoy a lovely ride to your brother's today and have a good visit with him. Hoping he is doing well and adjusting even more to his new home and life.

@marcy thank you. Yes I am more than half done now. Maybe just one more visit to remove the rest of the amalgams but that one big amalgam replacement to composite from yesterday might not last and I might need a crown sooner than later. Oh well. And I have some discomfort where she removed a few others so just waiting for more time to pass to see if it will become an issue. My next scheduled appointment is next Thursday late afternoon and hopefully I won't have to contact her before then. She only works 3 days a week so I would hate to trouble her on her day off. Darn tooth emergencies always seem to happen on days off yanno?

I hear you and yes getting up early for cycling is one thing and getting up early for family obligations quite another. Sounds like your visit is going well though and I am pleased for you. And hope you are enjoying this extra birthday week surplus. Sweet that Marty washed and waxed your car. He's a keeper. :appl:Yay for going out to dinner last night and hope it was enjoyable. And yummm to snickerdoodles...can we put a request in for those too?:lickout:
:cheeky:

@Tekate hope you are feeling better and stronger each day and that your pain is greatly diminished. We are all sending bucketloads of healing dust and good wishes your way. XOXO. Please take care of yourself. (((HUGS))).

@Austina you are talking my language girl. Swoon! That is the perfect size on you (and me hehehe) and looks ab fab.:kiss2:
Dreaming is food for the soul. And one must dream big to realize big dreams if you kwim. Like I always say if you don't dream it there is no chance but if you dream it you open the world to possibilities. We will dream big together.:halo: Just a few more weeks now woohoo.:appl:

@Jimmianne what an adventure. I feel the thrill just reading about your exciting experiences. I am sorry about the frustrating train strike causing you undue stress and the need to leave early now. But no worries as your next adventure is just around the corner. Thank you for taking us along with you. (((Hugs))).

@PierreBear great tip about getting oil stains out. And lovely that you are more open to floral prints etc. When I was younger I only wore black and navy and grey and as I got older I started loving colors and yes prints too. So you go girl because style is meant to have fun with and enjoy those colors and prints. It really can brighten you up and change your whole look. Enjoy and have fun with it! I just finished trying on all my new clothes and I love them all. Bright and beautiful and flattering colors and light and breezy for the summer heat. Love shopping especially when it turns out well. And please share pics if you feel like it. Would love to see some of your new clothes.

OK girls we are off cycling soon. As I wrote above almost done with amalgam removal but there might need to be a crown and some other things fixed so we will see. We got to enjoy cycling yesterday afternoon after my marathon dental appointment and the weather was great. Same for today. Sadly rain is predicted for Saturday when my family is visiting but that is OK. We will have fun no matter what. Hope everyone is having a lovely week and sending hugs to each and everyone of you.:wavey:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I checked on the sold price of the EC :shock: $100,500! I’m actually a bit surprised as it was uncerted and an M colour - someone reaaaaaalllly wanted it. Doesn’t say much for Sotheby’s valuers as it was estimated at £6,500-8,000 , boy did they get that wrong!

By contrast, the most beautiful diamond necklace sold for the relatively low price of just over $20,000

970BE407-3C93-49AC-AF1A-81964087AEC8.jpeg

Thank you @junebug17 I have to agree that the ring felt right at home on my paw, but unfortunately, not at that price :lol: I’m so glad I have plenty of time to decide on the OWD/WF dilemma, I’m certainly going to need it, because I can’t have both :twisted2:

I hope you have a good visit with your brother, and that he’s really settled now.

Glad the visit is going well @marcy but boy, getting up early during your time off, nooooooooooo. I’m glad I don’t have to get up early anymore for work, and I know Colin doesn’t miss getting up at 5.30am either. Dottie is a lazybones, so there’s not a lot of point us getting up too early, as she’s often still snoring when we come down at 8. Sounds like a good time was had by all yesterday, sometimes it can be tricky mixing different people together. Marty’s a goodun cleaning your car for you, I bet it looks lovely all sparkly now.

Oh my goodness @Jimmianne as if travelling isn’t stressful enough, what a pain having to leave 4 days early so you can get to the airport. It’s good that you feel so at home there, but I understand you missing the doggies. Safe travels back. We’re off next Friday to Norfolk, to the annual Spinfest. :D Dottie will have a blast, there’ll be lots of beach walks and get togethers.

Woohoo to all the clothes being keepers @missy, sounds like a great haul. I’m sorry you’ve got some residual discomfort, hopefully just temporary and it’ll pass soon. Enjoy your cycling today while the weather is good.

I could see you totally rocking the EC, and of course, I’d have shared if it’d been mine :lol:

Yes!! Just over 5 weeks before we head to NY and 7 weeks today till we meet up :dance:

It’s dull but muggy here, we’ve been and done the shopping, and I’ve got a pair of linen trousers (from Costco) to hem.

Have a great day ladies :wavey:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Almost good afternoon ladies!

Update on my teeth.. slowly, albeit very very slowly I feel a little bit less pain.. the big problem is my eye tooth, it hurts to touch, that ain't right :) I will see doctor dentist doctor (my husband calls him this) on the 11th, I will wait till then.

Jeez there are ticks everywhere here in Maine, I'm waiting for them to be sitting at my dinner table.. in my bed, on my dog.. enough. Husband is on the prowl!

@missy did I just read you have teeth problems too?!!! so so sorry.

@Austina I'd love an EC, and OEC or anything! maybe someday.

@Jimmianne you didn't perchance book at the Luminiere? I once stayed there and LOVED it, there was a hotel across the street that I can't remember the name of.. I love Paris, I am thinking of taking my son there next year if he can go. So sorry about the 4 day travel situation, that truly sucks.

@PierreBear I second @missy floral are beautiful! when I was young I wore only blue, green and red (and white).. the florals today on clothes are beautiful.. hope you can share.

We finished up our booking of our river cruise at christmas time to see some of the christmas markets etc. I don't want winter yet but I look forward to this trip because I've never been to Bucharest or seen the Danube, we always take out insurance these days because - well - we are OLD!

My son and DIL experienced a miscarriage at 7 weeks :( :( they told us they were expecting after 4 weeks at the Mammoth Hotel at Yellowstone Park, I was thrilled but wished a bit they had not told us so early. My son is truly just in shock - hurts me - and my DIL is in pain and emotional pain, I have not experienced a miscarriage that I know of but I remember my sister did and it really really emotionally took its toll on her. I am there for my son and DIL but I feel the loss of the little one myself :( altho I do know it's nature's way usually of taking care of severe problems with a fetus. All around it's been sad here and in Texas with my son. :( My son said he won't be announcing the next pregnancy so early should it happen again (and I hope it will ) it's so hard when the ones we love so much get hit with a life lesson such as this, while it's not cancer or anything like that, it does hurt.

My younger son is working hard on trying to get a new job in a BIG city.. takes time, he only has 2 years of programming experience and big companies want more.. time will tell where he ends up! hoping for NYC!! BEANTOWN! or DC but he would SF or Portland OR or Seattle :).

@junebug17 hope your ride was fun and all is well !!!

@marcy BEAUTIFUL bracelet!!! gosh I love it..

@Austina I love that neckace.. I love it :)

@missy thank you so much for all your caring words and concern for me, I sincerely appreciate it, it makes me feel happy and more calm. You are indeed a good friend!

All the NIRDI ladies, thank you for all of your support, friendship and kindness. Great group.. So have a wonderful Thursday!!!

Kate

GM girls! Hope everyone is doing well. Special shout out to a few of the NRIDIs who are going through some challenging times. Thinking of you and sending lots of healing hugs and love your way.

@junebug17 thank you and my second clothing delivery arrived yesterday and woohoo I am keeping it all. LOL I cannot say no to clothes that fit right? Especially in lovely summer colors of pink and blue and white and green and navy and yellow.:whistle:
I hope you enjoy a lovely ride to your brother's today and have a good visit with him. Hoping he is doing well and adjusting even more to his new home and life.

@marcy thank you. Yes I am more than half done now. Maybe just one more visit to remove the rest of the amalgams but that one big amalgam replacement to composite from yesterday might not last and I might need a crown sooner than later. Oh well. And I have some discomfort where she removed a few others so just waiting for more time to pass to see if it will become an issue. My next scheduled appointment is next Thursday late afternoon and hopefully I won't have to contact her before then. She only works 3 days a week so I would hate to trouble her on her day off. Darn tooth emergencies always seem to happen on days off yanno?

I hear you and yes getting up early for cycling is one thing and getting up early for family obligations quite another. Sounds like your visit is going well though and I am pleased for you. And hope you are enjoying this extra birthday week surplus. Sweet that Marty washed and waxed your car. He's a keeper. :appl:Yay for going out to dinner last night and hope it was enjoyable. And yummm to snickerdoodles...can we put a request in for those too?:lickout:
:cheeky:

@Tekate hope you are feeling better and stronger each day and that your pain is greatly diminished. We are all sending bucketloads of healing dust and good wishes your way. XOXO. Please take care of yourself. (((HUGS))).

@Austina you are talking my language girl. Swoon! That is the perfect size on you (and me hehehe) and looks ab fab.:kiss2:
Dreaming is food for the soul. And one must dream big to realize big dreams if you kwim. Like I always say if you don't dream it there is no chance but if you dream it you open the world to possibilities. We will dream big together.:halo: Just a few more weeks now woohoo.:appl:

@Jimmianne what an adventure. I feel the thrill just reading about your exciting experiences. I am sorry about the frustrating train strike causing you undue stress and the need to leave early now. But no worries as your next adventure is just around the corner. Thank you for taking us along with you. (((Hugs))).

@PierreBear great tip about getting oil stains out. And lovely that you are more open to floral prints etc. When I was younger I only wore black and navy and grey and as I got older I started loving colors and yes prints too. So you go girl because style is meant to have fun with and enjoy those colors and prints. It really can brighten you up and change your whole look. Enjoy and have fun with it! I just finished trying on all my new clothes and I love them all. Bright and beautiful and flattering colors and light and breezy for the summer heat. Love shopping especially when it turns out well. And please share pics if you feel like it. Would love to see some of your new clothes.

OK girls we are off cycling soon. As I wrote above almost done with amalgam removal but there might need to be a crown and some other things fixed so we will see. We got to enjoy cycling yesterday afternoon after my marathon dental appointment and the weather was great. Same for today. Sadly rain is predicted for Saturday when my family is visiting but that is OK. We will have fun no matter what. Hope everyone is having a lovely week and sending hugs to each and everyone of you.:wavey:

P

PierreBear

Hello hello! This morning was a different one. Waited for the closets people to fix our doors. I don’t think I can ever recommend this vendor…. 3 years of living with doors apparently the wrong size that made it difficult for sliding and so they finally have them cut to the right size. However, the installers didn’t get the note that they bumped the dry wall last time and needed to patch this time. Then they didn’t have rubber bumpers to protect the ends when sliding as they had when they first installed it. We are making progress though but DH says he rather patch the dry wall himself than go through the pains of having to beg them to come out again and put us on the schedule. Aiyaya… hard to say negative things but it hasn’t been a good process especially for something custom. Anyhow, speaking of closets and per the requests, already worn the dress and the skirt. I have a purple top that already pairs well the skirt and nice that I can also use a white t-shirt or navy blouse. Oh the options….

Capture.PNG

I also had to order something else to get above the threshold for free shipping. Uncertain about this skirt. DH doesn’t like high waisted skirts and this one seems to be on the really high side. It hasn’t shipped yet so we will see if it’s a keeper or not. Thought the material looked silky and fun though. Hope ya’ll enjoyed and feel free to give some shopping/dressing advice! I think I would wear it with the denim top but not sure what else I can pair it with.. black top or is that too dark?!

Capture1.PNG

@Austina – You have a great figure my friend. I still remember your beautiful blue dress. : ) Oh my… that emerald solitaire. Rock on my princess!

@marcy – Did you always have freckles or did it develop overtime? Being from the Asian descent, it’s not common for me but I have developed a few on my face. I think it’s the lack of sun screen that I don’t layer on as much on the side of my face. Ooppss… need to be more diligent. However, I do think your freckles are adorable! Well I’ve never asked if my MIL doesn’t like jewelry but she only wears her gold wedding band. Never have I seen her adorn herself with earrings (not sure if they are even pierced) or bracelets etc. I have worn my 5 stone occasionally in front of them but perhaps they just haven’t noticed. I might feel too conscious to wear my 10 year anniversary ring in front of them but I know DH things it’s strange or unnecessary to “hide” a gift especially when it’s a wonderful celebration of marriage. Hahaha yes… quantity of perfume does count as much as the smell. So kind of you to bake them some snickerdoodle cookies!

@junebug17 – Ahhh poor DS. I hope she gets it out of her pants. Let me know if it works!! Safe trip to see your brother!

@Jimmieanne – wow your upcoming trip sounds amazing. I bet your dogs will be so excited to see you.

@missy – It’s funny that when I was in highs school I wasn’t as bold either and stuck to neutrals. I’ve branched out to colors but generally it’s all solids. So yes, having fun with the florals. Maybe in a few years I’ll get to missy status and go for those knee high boots. Hahaha : ) Still always my hero!

Hope the family visit goes well and may the rain (if it does happen to come) not disrupt those plans!

@Tekate – Oh my goodness… sincere condolences to your son and DIL. I got goose bumps reading your post… I can only imagine how heart breaking it feels. I hope they are recovering and will push on past this trial. Good luck to your other son searching for a job and hopefully in the city he can settle down in and have some fun!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Junebug, ha ha - I know where my mind is - at a quick glance I thought your “beach pics” said “peach pie”. I actually got up before the in laws today since I had a car appointment in Colorado. Buy hey I got to drive my shiny, clean Macan down the highway; that wasn’t a bad thing. I hope you get to go see your brother tomorrow. I wore that bracelet today and dug out my heart pendant; that will be a good combo to wear.

Jimmianne, it’s good to hear from you. I am enjoying your pictures on FB. Thanks for the kind words about my bracelet. Sorry about the many ups and downs on your visit; it’s nice that it feels like home but sorry about the hassle of getting around without the trains. Safe travels coming back to the states. I hope you join the Macan club; I sure like mine.

Missy, I hope your replacement doesn’t cause any problems and you won’t need it replaced; and yes tooth emergencies are literally a pain and happen at the worst possible time. I hope you don’t have any and your mouth starts to feel better. I am glad you are getting in so much cycling and please don’t worry about that deer; I am confident he found his way back to his buddies. Animals have strong survival instincts. Dinner was good last night and I had 2 Snickerdoodles last night and just now. Delicious. I’ll bring some to our NIRDI beach party.

Austina, that is quite a necklace; did you buy it? It’s pretty. That’s great you and Colin sleep in and even better than Dottie is snoozing away still at 8. She is up at night making sure you are safe. Your trip and diamond browsing will be soon.

Tekate, no that’s not right about your eye tooth but I am glad overall you are in less pain. Tooth pain is completely miserable. Your Christmas cruise will be fabulous. I am so sorry to hear about your DIL’s miscarriage; what a hard and sad thing to deal with and process. Big hugs to all of you. I hope your youngest son lands the job he wants but those things often take time. Good luck to him. Thank you for the compliment on my bracelet.

PierreBear, I hate to hear the vendors who fixed your doors went poorly. I don’t post negative comments anywhere but I do respond by word of mouth - if someone is looking for xxx - I will say “not XXX”. Our realtor was HORRIBLE and she gets that treatment from us. I am glad you are finding mixing and matching pieces for your new clothes. I think it looks great. That would make sense you have a few freckles on your face from sun. I am light skinned and have always had some freckles; they come out more with sun. I think you should wear your rings (and all your jewelry) proudly. The one piece I feel self conscious about it the 4 carat diamond bracelet. It seems way too obvious to me.

I got up at my normal work time today to get to Fort Collins, CO for my 15,000 miles maintenance on my car. It was a lovely day for a nice drive. My car passed all tests. Sweet. I told them not to wash it since Marty washed and waxed it yesterday so I was out of there in about 2 hours. A lady drove down from South Dakota for service on her Audi so I visited with her. She was an interesting lady. I met Marty and my in laws at one of our favorite restaurants there. My in laws rode home with me and Marty headed on to Denver for his discussion / interview.

I am ordering pizza for supper. The in laws went shopping so I am a few hours to myself. Yippee!!!

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!
1237372v4er6kso38.gif

@junebug17 hope your visit with your brother goes well today and that he is feeling better. It's another beautiful day here albeit a bit warmer. Drive safely and hope you enjoy your time with your brother.

@Austina same here. I am more than happy to share the beautiful big bling. It makes it that much more fun IMO. And when you move here think how much easier it will be to share. :appl:
Beautiful diamond necklace. I need to find an old cut riviera. Right after I help find you a spectacular OEC.:bigsmile:

@Tekate oh that is hopeful that your pain is decreasing a bit and my fingers are crossed that it continues along that direction. I hope your doctor dentist doctor can help you put this matter behind you once and for all and that a full recovery is yours very soon.

Oh my gosh, I am so very sorry about your son and DIL's miscarriage Kate.:( Gentle virtual hugs and keeping them and you in my thoughts.

Your upcoming River Cruise at Christmas time sounds magical. And what a wonderful experience to look forward to during the dark short days of winter. That is a splendid idea and I love it. Sounds like it will be a trip of a lifetime.:appl:

Thank you Kate for your lovely words and thank you for all your support and kindness and friendship. It is indeed a two way street. The NIRDIs are a bedrock of comfort and love and support and good humor and generosity. I feel so lucky all you lovely ladies are here.
742469s3709nw4fb.gif

@PierreBear ugh how frustrating dealing with workmen who dont do their job correctly. Seems more than the norm than not unfortunately and hope you get it all sorted out. Cute outfits and I bet you look lovely in them. When we got home from cycling yesterday Greg altered a few things for me. It is very handy having a dh who can alter clothes and fix bikes and build stuff and cook and bake too. Sometimes I have to pinch myself. But shhh don't tell him.:shhh:
Sadly he cannot rescue deer which brings me to our bike ride yesterday. We saw a sweet and beautiful deer in the middle of a neighborhood clearly lost with traffic all around and it was heartbreaking. We stopped to see if there was anything we could do but unfortunately there was nothing we could do. The deer crossed the busy road right in front of us and looked bewildered. It was heartbreaking.

deerindeal.jpg

Thank you dear @marcy and @junebug17 for all your comforting words and positive thoughts yesterday during the bike ride. I am still thinking of him/her and hoping hard that the deer made it out of the neighborhood safely and back to his/her home safe and sound.:pray:

@marcy yes please bring the snickerdoodles to the beach house party. And all you girls are invited of course. Date TBA depending on when Marcy and the other long distance NIRDIs can make it here. I am flexible. Would prefer no snow during the beach party though so just keep that in mind.:sun:

Lovely your beautiful Macan passed all the tests and woohoo for Mr Marty taking such good care of your car. And even bigger woohoo that the in laws gave you some time to yourself yesterday and hang in there because their visit is almost over. You are doing great Marcy.:))

@canuk-gal thank you for the links.:love: Sigh. Why oh why do we love bling so much.:halo: Your taste is exquisite as always Sharon.
How is your hip feeling? And are there any updates on how your mom is doing? And I am also thinking of your sister. Though I know nothing about her except a few things you shared I feel a kinship with her somehow based on our shared AI issues. Hoping she is doing well and hope you are feeling well too.

Off riding soon as we have lots to do today. Family coming tomorrow and we have to shop and clean and lots of things on the to do list. But must get a good bike ride in
bikebikebike.gif
. Have a good day girls and it's almost the weekend.
1618626e2tat6mv78.gif

P

PierreBear

Happy Friday! Yippeee, last work day before vacation. Almost there…. But yesterday was a day that exposed something that I need to work on and I always try to work on. Change is very hard for me and we received notice that our local gym was bought out by a big national chain. We do a lot of training so I use our local gym almost on a daily basis so in a strange way it’s a big part of my life for physical health but also socially as I see the same people every day and developed friendships. I shouldn’t get too caught up on the obvious questions on whether prices will go up or whether culture will change etc… until I actually see something different. I caught myself thinking about it when I woke up in the middle of the night though. I know in the grand scheme of things, this is very small so I’m working on it. Vacation and being out in nature will give perspective on the important things to focus on. OK NIRDI friends. Over and out for about a week and a half but hope to still follow along if I can!

@marcy – I don’t know if it’s because I’m timid or I’m afraid of tarnishing their name and still needing them to do a repair or do business with them… I typed out the vendor name when originally making my post on PS and deleted it. However, if someone asks me in person, as you mentioned by worth of mouth, I am as transparent as can be. Sorry that you had a terrible situation with your realtor. Those experiences definitely stick with us!

Ohhh my… I think you should practice wearing your bracelet proudly by showing us a picture first. : ) Was it associated with a specific occasion when you got the bracelet? I go through phrases where I’m glad my jewelry is big and bold… I want to make a statement and then other days I look down and think wow too much too much. haha… I’m a complicated lady!

Hope the in-law visit is going well and glad you got some alone time to decompress and be yourself.

@canuk-gal – Wow you have great taste. Love those drop earrings! Have you purchased from dupuis before? Never heard of them. Pick out anything “window shopping” items for yourself?

@missy – Greg is an amazing DH but you are quite the catch yourself. I’m sure Greg is pinching himself as well. : ) Poor deer…. It is startling for wild animals to see their environment changing. Good luck riding and getting ready for family. How is your skin doing with the riding? Is the fan and cooling off the body preventing those burst capillaries I hope?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s! :wavey:

Sharon, love those earrings for Missy. Beautiful sapphire rings for me; I think I’ll bid on the blue one. Maybe my low ball offer will be the winner.

Missy, glad you are having great weather. I hope you had a lovely morning of cycling and maybe got some ice cream. That sounds GREAT! I can totally see those lovely earrings on you.

PierreBear, how exciting for getting so close to your vacation. Have a wonderful time! I hope your gym doesn’t change much under the new owners. I’d like to think word of mouth about vendor experiences is probably more effective than posting a complaint online. A bad experience does stick with you for sure. I am like you that sometimes I like more bling than others. I do wear my 4 carat bracelet frequently but usually with long sleeves. I bought it on a whim on one of my I’m going to upgrade something today. I have a 2 carat YG diamond bracelet and wanted something with bigger diamonds in WG so maybe should have got a 3 carat. Funny thing the 2 carat seems really small now. I can’t find a picture of the 4 carat bracelet right now but I’ll try to get one for you.

I have found my ILTL (In Law Tolerance Limit) and it's 4 days. Yesterday they started driving me bat poop crazy. They are leaving early tomorrow morning. I can hardly wait. Those inconsiderate, self centered ways that leak out from Marty occasionally certainly come from his parents and I find it far less tolerable from them. :wall:
Our taxes are finally ready; we will go sign our return today. I also want to check the routing number and account number for our refund. Then I'll pay off 1/3 of our windows. Sweet.
Marty is brewing up something spicy for supper today so I guess I'll have a hamburger. The in laws and I ordered in pizza for supper last so I'll eat a few pieces of leftover pizza for lunch today.
I went out this morning to pay my eye doctor bill; I could have mailed a check but it seemed like a good plan as a temporary escape.
Marty didn't say much about his job interview. He said they were hard selling and they didn't go in to much detail. I don't know if he doesn't want to talk about it or doesn't want to talk about it in front of his parents.
Marty is giving his parents a strength training lesson right now. We need to go to the store and I suggested we go wander around the local Botanic Gardens today.
Tomorrow I'm free, I'm free. :appl:

Take care!
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some flowers from this summer
2018a.jpeg

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I’m glad to hear things are slowly improving @Tekate and that you have an appt on the 11th, hopefully it’ll all get sorted. So very sorry to hear about your son and DIL, it’s devastating when it happens to you, and knowing that you’re not the only one, isn’t any consolation. Hopefully the future will bring a fulfilment of their hopes and dreams. Good luck to your DS in his search for a job.

I :love: the clothes @PierreBear and I think the high waisted skirt will really suit your willowy frame. I don’t think I’d wear it with denim, but pick out the other colours to team it with as well as black. The fabric looks lovely, very classy!

I used to worry about everything, but I make a conscious effort to try and not think ‘what if’ but rather, ‘I’ll deal with whatever happens’ it’s a lot less stressful than worrying about something that hasn’t happened yet.

Boo to the contractors, sometimes I think the only way to get things done is to complain - loudly! I’ve become quite good at it :lol:

I love the ILTL @marcy and your 4 days is 2 days longer than mine :lol: Only today to get through and then it’ll be over. Perhaps when they’re gone Marty will want to talk about the interview.

A trip to the botanical gardens sounds like a nice way to spend the afternoon, you can wander around and not have to talk to them much :mrgreen2:

Our last house was new, and we had several issues with the builder. I was even told by one contractor they sent round to fix something “I don’t know what you said, but I got an urgent call this morning telling me to get round here quick to fix the problem “ :lol: I told him that I’d pointed out that they’d had my money, and now I expected to get what I’d paid for, or else!! I’d got to the point where listening to their excuses and trying to fob me off had worn very thin. They thought I was a real old dragon :mrgreen:

I passed on the necklace because I thought it was just a tad too dressy for dog walking :lol:

Lovely sparklies @canuk-gal - anything catch your eye or tempting you to bid?

Try not to worry too much about the deer @missy, I used to regularly see them running across a major road when I used to drop Adam off at the station. Even though seeing them in urban settings seems strange, they are far more savvy than we might think. There are lots around here, and they manage to navigate traffic well.

Yay to Greg being so handy, he’s really one in a million. We need photos of the clothes with you modelling them :D

I’m glad the weather is co-operating so that you can get in lots of bike riding, I know you enjoy being out in the fresh air, enjoying the scenery and spending time with your sweetheart.

Enjoy spending time with your family this weekend, is this the first time they’ll see the kitchen and new furniture?

We have friends coming for dinner tomorrow, other than that, nothing else on the cards.

Have a good one :wavey:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kate, so sorry to hear your sad news. Sending loving thoughts to you and your family.

Austina, that kind of vacation, with dog romps, sounds perfect.
Yes, I agree, the deer do OK in urban settings. Less sad when you think of them as really big squirrels. Lol.
My Dad made it to 102 and said his secret was that he never worried.
My Mom said, « yeah, that’s because I did the worrying for you! »

Have a great Caturday, dear NIRDIs.
Some recent photos. The second is the unisex bathroom at the market.. (You get to know your male neighbors a bit more intimately here. Lol)
A5B6030F-DE5C-4160-B1A2-04D1735AC4DA.jpeg

EE6589E5-31B2-45C5-B20F-FA879BD39168.jpeg
Poppies are now out in full force
F9786ED6-21C7-4599-94EE-6C93A7259DC3.jpeg
E44D57A7-7AB6-47F8-A0C1-2D34BB4FA4E7.jpeg

Attachments

• 14B4835A-F994-4607-8E4A-71A2CF9A7F5A.jpeg
    14B4835A-F994-4607-8E4A-71A2CF9A7F5A.jpeg
    270.4 KB · Views: 31

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Just a quick hello as we are going to do a short bike ride before my family's visit. Yes we are crazy because it is going to be a hectic crazy day and adding a ride on top of that might just be cuckoo. But I dont want to miss a lovely morning ride if the weather is cooperating which for now it is. Carpe Diem and all that jazz.

@marcy :lol: ILTL :lol: Love it. Glad you survived and even managed to have a relatively nice visit with them. :appl:You're free now woohoo. Hope the interview for Marty went well and I guess you will be finding out soon enough now that his parents have left. Fingers continue to be crossed for you guys. Sweet you are getting a tax refund and yes to partially funding your new windows. Those flowers are gorgeous.:love: You have a very green thumb. I have the opposite of that. If you value your plants and flowers keep them far far away from me.:oops2:

@Tekate how are you feeling today? Hope each day is getting easier and you are feeling stronger and better. Hope your son and DIL are doing OK given all they are dealing with. My heart goes out to them and you. Good luck to your DS in his job search. ((((HUGS)))).

@Austina yes this is the first time they will be seeing our renovated kitchen and the new furniture. My parents and my sister and BIL and my nieces. I told my sister she can bring Zena (my niece the white boxer) but just got off the phone with her and I don't think she will bring her because we don't have a fence in the back yard so she would have to stay on a leash (not my rule my sister's rule) and my sister doesnt want to keep her on a leash. There is still a chance of rain later and with all our white furniture maybe it is better she doesn't bring Zena but I also figure the house is meant to enjoy and live in so I am OK if she wants to bring her. Oh well I will miss not seeing Zena but it is up to my sister.

Noooo the necklace is perfect for walking Dottie. Austina go back and get it and wear it when you visit me. Pretty please 8) :lol:

I like your philosophy instead of worrying about what has yet to (and might never) happen dealing with it when it does. I have tried doing that rather unsuccessfully for the most part but yes I have and am trying. It is a healthier way to live.

Have fun with your friends at dinner tonight.

@PierreBear woohoo for being on Vacation! :appl: That is sweet. How long will you be on vacation (a week and a half?) )for and anything special planned?
I don't love change either but definitely don't worry about it. I agree with you in the grand scheme of things no matter what happens it will work out with the gym. Thanks for asking about my PPPD (aka capillary disease). I am doing OK. I soak my legs with water throughout the entire ride and that helps considerably. LOL the things I do to be able to continue riding. :lol:
Have a wonderful vacation and I hope you do continue to hang out here and say hey if you have the time.:appl:

@Jimmianne oooh I LOVE your photos.:kiss2: Thanks for sharing. Safe travels back.

Leaving you with a photo from our cycling adventures yesterday. It is summer at the Jersey Shore girls.:sun:

beachjune2018.jpg

Enjoy this lovely Caturday Saturday. :wavey:

Attachments

• beachinjune2018.jpg
    beachinjune2018.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 7

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls! I had a post all ready to go yesterday but somehow I lost it, will do my best to catch up...

Missy, have a great time with your family today, I hope the weather holds out for you. Glad to hear you're happy with your new clothes, it's fun to have lots of choices. Good to hear you're making progress on the amalgams and I hope the discomfort you're having goes away. It's great you and Greg are getting in a lot of cycling. Hugs to you about the deer, I feel confident that he found his way back to a safer area and he will be ok. Lovely pic of the Jersey shore!

Jimmianne, hi! So glad you've had a productive and enjoyable time in France - sorry to hear you're sad though, and I'm glad the thought of seeing your dogs again is bringing you some comfort. Oh no to the train hassle, it's daunting but I know everything will work out fine. I'm really enjoying my new car, it's fun to drive and is very comfortable. Lol to your mom worrying for your Dad! Love your pics, the unisex bathroom is definitely different from what we have in the US lol. Beautiful shots of the poppies, such gorgeous scenery. And of course that little guy is adorable!

Austina, wow, beautiful necklace and actually not a bad price as far as diamonds go lol. Hope you have a lovely time with your friends.

Tekate, so sorry you're still having pain, I hope this most recent problem isn't anything serious. And I am so very sorry about your dil's miscarraige, such a painful and traumatic thing and my heart goes out to everyone.

How great that you are going on a river cruise, my bil and sil went on that cruise recently and they had a fabulous time. Sending lots of positive vibes that your son finds a great job in a city he loves...although, in typical mom fashion, I hope it ends up being somewhere close to you haha!

PB, not sure if you'll see this before you leave, but have a wonderful time on vacation! I hope you have lots of fun and get a chance to relax a bit, you work so hard and deserve a break. Your new skirts are really cute and I hope you get a chance to wear them this week. I think either white or black would look great with the one skirt. Ugh, sorry about the less than stellar workmanship on the doors, That is so frustrating. I get how you're feeling about the ownership change at your gym but try not to worry, I'm hopeful there won't be any major changes for you.

Marcy, lol to "peach pie"! Glad your service appointment went well and the price was reasonable, that's good to know :P2 Sounds like the visit with the in-laws went well, and I'm sure they had a great time. I hear you on being ready for them to head out though...I find that having guests for more than 4 days is draining. Yay to having some peace and quiet lol. I'm very excited about your new windows, they are going to look beautiful and much more efficient...and yay to having some of the cost covered by your tax return! Wow, your flowers are absolutely beautiful :love: I'm losing track of what I already responded to, but your bracelet is beautiful and I love how your mother's pendant looks with it! I'm so happy you've found a way to wear such a sentimental piece, and I love that you can look at it while you wear it.

Sharon, omigosh, the pieces you posted are fabulous! :love: I would gladly wear any one of them, but oooh la la to those round dangles.

I ended up going to my brother's yesterday...I got there later than expected because like an idiot I missed my exit and had to get off at the next one and ended up having to drive through a particularly busy and congested area. The one bad thing about going to northern NJ (NY area) is dealing with the traffic and aggressive drivers, things are definitely a bit calmer in southern NJ lol. We went to some stores and got something to eat at Whole Foods. He wants to put up ceiling fans and crown molding so we checked those out. He finished the floors and it looks great, such a big improvement from the grungy carpeting that was there originally.

Not much going on today, dh is golfing right now and then we'll probably go out to eat somewhere. we are going to a friend's daughter's wedding next weekend and the dress I was thinking of wearing is too snug :wall: and since there's no way I can lose the necessary weight in one week I'll probably run out today and try to find something else. Ugh.

Ok, on that cheery note I'll wish everyone a great Saturday lol! Xox

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hi NIRDI’s!

Austina, you definitely have to stay on top of contractors. I am glad you got your issues addressed. We came by our place every day when they were building it and had to stop them from quite a few things we didn’t order. They were building a giant nook over our fireplace and we had ordered it with just a mantle and tile on the front. Our den was supposed to be a double, angle corner door and they had framed out a regular bedroom with a single door in the middle. The sliding glass door downstairs wouldn’t lock so we could get in all the time. Ha Ha walking the dog with a gorgeous diamond necklace. You can’t have too much bling. Have fun at dinner with your friends.

Jimmianne, great pictures. It is so green there.

Missy, I hope you had a lovely ride and enjoyed your company. I don’t have a green thumb but I try. I swear I will go snip off the dead flowers again tomorrow. That really helps them. Beautiful view of the beach.

Junebug, I did pass on peach pie today because it didn’t look very good. I did bring home a piece of cherry pie. It wasn’t bad. I agree with you that 4 days of guests is about right. I didn’t mind working on washing all the lines and beddings today; it just means our house is going back to normal. I am glad our tax return is covering a small chunk of our windows. Thank you; I am enjoying my new bracelet. I am sorry you missed your exit yesterday going to see your brother. I hate when that happens - it’s like an hour later you get back to where you intended to go. That is awesome he is fixing up his apartment.

Thank you for the kind words about my flowers.
I did have enough wine last night that when my MIL kept talking about how nice it is to spend Christmas with family and hinting around I told her you are always welcome here. Which then quickly turned in to my FIL trying to talk Marty in to us coming there for Christmas.
I got up before 6 today. The in laws took off at 6:15. Marty and I went out for a very early breakfast. I am down to a batch of blankets in the dryer and one more in the washer. Both guest beds are all made up again. Sweet.
We met my sister, BIL and two nephews for an early lunch; they are on the way to Yellowstone.
We rented Annihilation - it wasn’t bad but had some scary spots that my bears and I hid our eyes. Ha Ha.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy Sunday.

Hi @junebug17 , so glad you got to visit your brother and help him with decorating and shopping. You are a great sister. Sorry you missed your exit getting there. Been there and done that and traffic definitely makes it less pleasant when that happens. Sorry about the dress for the wedding next weekend not fitting as well as you would like. Been there too. Sucks. But the positive side of that is you can get a lovely new dress. So not a total loss and you still look absolutely beautiful. Hope your dh enjoyed golf yesterday and that you enjoyed a lovely dinner out.

Hey there @marcy, you're killing me with all this pie talk and making me sooooo hungry. I cannot eat pie anymore unless it is sugar and gluten and dairy free. Heck everything I eat is basically fun free these days.:(2 But no worries. I am getting my fun in there in other ways. I will not let it get me down for long you know that. Your in laws are trying everything they can to have you visit them. That is a compliment as they must love you very much too. Sweet your house is back in order and you have all recovered from your guests visiting. Glad you got to see you sister and BIL and nephews yesteryear. I never heard of the movie Annihilation. Will check that out. We did enjoy a lovely bike ride before the family came yesterday. Glad we got that in for sure as today looks to be a rainy non cycling day.

Yesterday was perfect. The weather could not have been better. Cool east wind, warm sun and a gentle comfortable breeze. The skies remained clear throughout and it was just a lovely afternoon and evening. My sister brought Zena yay and the whole family had fun. Sharing pics from the day with you girls who don't have IG.

BB712FC8-AAF2-4C4C-AC4E-4BCB8613BDBC.jpeg C73AD2C2-CED3-47DC-AF8A-1BCF525D5196.jpeg 6D6530F3-2991-4171-AAFB-04242D314FD3.jpeg

Zena was not happy being on her leash outside but our backyard isn’t fenced in so we had no choice. However we walked her often and ran with her to keep her happy. I didn’t mind. I love walking with her.
A75DAB4F-D996-4DC5-B01A-605B5CA9E870.jpeg 56E039D2-CCBF-40A5-9AFD-5265247E4159.jpeg

After dinner we talk a walk on our beach. The sky was gorgeous and the girls loved the horshoe crabs there too. Very sweet. Of course they put them back in the water. They were just showing me as I never saw one up close. Beautiful.

94AE6A35-2CA6-46BB-8358-E9CD07AFF360.jpeg 6091A787-22C4-4F4B-8067-4F5C9127899B.jpeg

I was sharing a chair with my niece while we enjoyed the sunset and fire greg had going and I took a close up photo. I don’t think we will be able to share a seat next year. She’s growing up and fast. Almost as tall as me now.
BCBE90E3-4440-4692-A9BB-22D58A3323DA.jpeg

347CE23A-1192-4713-9058-A7034A10543E.jpeg

DC199127-CC9C-485E-AB63-185957C26040.jpeg

Thanks for letting me share my day with you and have a wonderful Sunday girls.:wavey:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello all the lovely NIRDI women!!!

updating: Well, my tooth/teeth/jaw is no better, but if I take ibuprofen I can get by, good news, tomorrow at 9:50 a.m. EST I see Dr/Dentist/Dr and beg for him to fix it, take it out, kill me, in that order of course! My son and wife went to Fredericksburg TX for a 1 nite stay at a B&B to take her mind off of all the things going on. Which leads me to: "where have you ladies been my whole life!!" truly, your kindness just truly balls me over, you all were supportive and wonderful, thank you thank you thank you thank you. lucky Kate I always say.

@missy saw the pix on IG first, what a wonderful, beautiful family Missy, the nieces are to die for beautiful and lovely, the parents? lucky and wonderful, your husband is handsome, debonair and totally in love with you, it shows girly!

@Austina Thank you Austina for your kind words and friendship and compassion. I truly appreciate it. Have a wonderful Sunday!

@marcy Ah your flowers are beautiful! now to the ILTL rofl, my tolerance was 3 days, then see ya wouldn't want to be ya! au revoir! :) thank you for your compassion Marcy, I appreciate it, we are wounded, hopefully healing and my son and wife will remember this with their happy family with peace (I hope anyway) :)

@PierreBear have a wonderful wonderful vacation!!! I love vaKates as we call them here in my home :)

@canuk-gal Sharon, than you Sharon and Hi! have a wonderful great! happy Sunday.

@junebug17 Thank you so much for your compassion I so truly appreciate your words, ah the River Cruise, we now have hotels at both ends of the cruise, not so looking for winter yet so it is in the back of my mind, but my jobs was to find a hotel in Budapest! I did the hotel Aria, hope it is nice, it has decent reviews, part of our package we paid for is a hotel in Prague of which I can't remember it's name and hubster can't either.

@Jimmianne truly jmmianne thank you so much! hope your travels are safe and fun. Your kind words and compassion make a difference in my life.. thank you! LOVE YOUR PIX!!!.

So ladies I am off to sit on the back porch and read.. I should walk SalleyDog, maybe I will but it's getting hot!

Whomever I missed it is because I am old and I will get the hang of everything.. wishing you all a peaceful, loving and happy day.

All my best! Kate the GREAT! (as my husband calls me :) )

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Tekate I’m so sorry you’re dealing with so much pain. I’m sending mega buckets of healing dust your way and hoping and praying tomorrow’s visit with your dentist provides answers and much needed relief. Keeping fingers toes and everything crossed for you that relief will be yours! Thinking of you. (((Hugs))).

And thank you for all your lovely comments. You are the sweetest and kindest person Kate. Kate the great indeed.:kiss2:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Hello NIRDIs! It is cool and rainy today--but I cannot complain as it is dry here after enjoying weeks of hot and sunny weather. I worked all week and we had a event filled weekend. Todays Spring (work) BBQ will be indoors.

Kate--hearing about your teeth and the pain breaks my heart. You are braver than me!! I would have melted a long time ago.

Missy--great photos! You look great!

JuneB--you have been busy with your family these days. Glad your daughters apartment was cozy and homey. And it sounds like your brother is settling is also.

Marcy--having visitors is fun but exhausting.

Austina--I really think you need that large necklace as all proper ladies have them walking the dog and taking the train to town!!:lol-2:

Shout out to everyone !

cheers--Sharon

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@canuk-gal Aw Sharon thank you! If you are still in Canada, bless your Trudeau, he has more guts than our leader.. :)

@missy lucky me for hanging out here in this wonderful land of GREAT ladies and friends like you.. looking forward to a fall visit to the city Missy, my nephew is coming here in July with wife and daughter for a few days then I plan a fall trip to the city. We will meet up! somewhere you can eat. me? I can eat anywhere (unfortunately) maybe PB will be around? dunno if she is in Brooklyn, is she in LI? anyway happy happy sunday.

trying to find a pix of my SalleyDog to show you all.. eventually, my phone is an Essential, something my husband wanted but it won't download my pix so I have to figure THAT out :)

wishing you all a wonderful warm week! vacations for some, work, beach and just at homes like me! we deserve a rainfree week!

Peace :)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Missy, your nieces are so cute. I enjoy seeing pictures of them and of course all of your wonderful pictures. As always, the ocean is a great view. It looks like you had a wonderful day with your family. I’m sorry I am making you want pie; but I am glad you are making sure to no let things get you down. That’s always a smart thing to do. Darn that it is going to be rainy there today. We are very dry and windy so they have fire alert warning out. With low humidity prairie fires can start way too easy.

Kate, good luck with the doctor / dentist tomorrow and please skip option 3. Big hugs to you. The best thing about pain is definitely when it stops hurting. I hope your DS and DIL enjoy a night away; it’s always nice to get a break from routine to share a laugh, soothe your soul and shed some tears. I hope every day brings all of you some relief; dealing with loss is so hard. The NIRDI’s are a supportive bunch. I like your DH’s name for you.

Sharon, that is good to hear you are getting some rain. It is already getting really dry around here and fires are popping up or growing. There is a big old smoke cloud over us from the fire in SW Colorado. Enjoy the BBQ. Company is exhausting - not really any extra work other than more dishes and extra cleaning but it does wear you out.

I slept in until 7. Tomorrow is back to reality.
I haven’t done much of anything today. I did walk over and get out mail and hung up a hook for a fly swatter in the garage. We made quesos from the taco leftovers for lunch so after I wash up the skillet I’ll be done cooking until Friday. Woo hoo! Although a small batch of cookies might be calling my name later today.
Marty heads to the airport shortly.

Take care.
Marcy

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@marcy Aw thanks so much Marcy. Your kindness is very much appreciated. Yes John named me: Kate is GREAT! :) I say to my grandniece call me "old aunt Kate" as she has her aunt Kate, my niece who's named after me! which is awesome in a way as my grandniece is named after my sister! who was named after our grandmother! (I was named after my great grandma).. but I see the end of Catherine coming as both my sons, if and when they have kids are millenials! ;-) hope your day has been great and again, Marcy, thank you so much.

Kate

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results