carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

PierreBear, I am screaming for you and having that roach in your house. Good idea to carry your cat around with you. When does your DH get home? I don’t know what kind of bugs were at the beach house we had in SC but they were huge. You couldn’t kill them with a fly swatter. I hate bugs! I get along pretty well with my in-laws. They are both pretty funny; I can’t keep up with their liquor consumption though. They do bicker quite a bit; our house is laid out in a way we can all get away from each other if we want so that makes it nice. Marty’s interview is on the 7th in Denver. The guy who is offering the job is what Marty referred to as a Colleague. I think he worked with him at his old job and definitely the current job. They are a very small company hoping to grow. He would be doing for them what he did when he first started with his current company.

Junebug, i’ll keep you ladies on call to “call” me when I need a get away emergency. I’ll send out a NIRDI SOS alert. I agree they give you way too much food at restaurants. Before Marty started his training routine we split meals quite a bit but now he eats a lot so finishes his plate. It is beautiful there; enjoy the sunshine and company.

Austina, LOL to Dottie not knowing what to do if a squirrel stopping when she was chasing it. I can almost imagine her face. I know Marty has kind of been asking around on jobs and even applied a few places; I think this company just decided to ask him if he was interested. He also signed up with another gym here on his strength training. He is working with his first client in the morning. I’d say my in-laws are friends. They are a little on the snotty and judgemental side but it’s one of those cases where I doubt they know it. A friend of mine met us for a drink one time when my in-laws were with us. They had their house on the market at the time and my friend mentioned she and her fiancé were looking at houses and my MIL said to her “we have a house for sale but you probably couldn’t afford it”. I was mortified. She had no way of knowing what my friend could afford and why would she say that? My friend and I often laugh about that.

Missy, did you get in some cycling today?

We got out new window installed. It's quite nice. They had it in 3 pieces; Marty said when they took the old window out it wouldn't even hold it's shape. The new window is at least twice as thick. With the low E rated window it should keep our living room a bit cooler. I want all new windows now.

We went out for supper. Marty had the car up to 120 mph. A few times. We went to a steak house about 10 miles north of town; but a quick (literally) jaunt from our house. I had the small prime rib; and I think they brought the large prime rib. I brought most of it home. We split one of their "bear balls" which is a ball of ice cream rolled in crushed Oreo cookies. They put some chocolate and raspberry sauce on it as well.

I got out the Dyson and vacuumed the floor before Marty put the love seat and end table back; I love that little vac.

Have a great weekend. Any fun plans for the holiday weekend?
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!
Happy holiday weekend. Honoring the men and women who died while serving in the U.S. military. Thank you and thank you to all the men and women now who are serving our country and risking their lives.

Just want to give y'all a shout out from @CJ2008. She wanted me to say hello from her to all the dear NIRDIS and she misses you all and will be back soon but wanted me to be sure to say hey and that she is thinking of all of you.:wavey:

@junebug17 hope you had a good trip to your beach house and are enjoying lovely weather. Glad your ds is taking good care of Zoe while you are gone and she can enjoy the beach house in July with you. Whenever I see a cat or dog on any transport system I get so excited and want to pet and hold him but I realize not everyone gets so happy to see other people's animals.

Yes to getting one's hair cut/colored/styled and feeling like a new woman. I have been postponing my hair appointment (for obvious reasons) and had to just cancel on Tuey for last week because we had the upset with the furniture delivery. So I am most decidedly not a new woman and my hair is a wreck. And Tuey is away all next week and then we are back to the beach house for 2 weeks after next week so we keep missing each other. :wink2:

Wow what a gorgeous backyard. So fun that your sister and BIL are joining you and I hope you all have a marvelous time. Hugs to you and hugs to Zoe and if your dh doesn't mind tell him I send hugs to him too. Don't want to leave him out and hopefully he will join all of us bling shopping again soon.:appl:Can't believe that was 7 months ago already.
Have a wonderful time in SC!

@marcy glad you are enjoying your Dyson. I was vaccuming with ours just a couple of days ago when the couches were delivered. You can imagine the mess. Thank goodness the beach Dysons work well for now. OMG to Marty getting the car up to 120 mph. Fast. Sounds like a lovely dinner out and you know I love delicious desserts. Those bear balls are no exception. Though the name leaves something to be desired haha. But who doesn't love crushed oreo cookies. And when you can take leftovers home it is a win win situation. More meals from one night out. Yes.

I also missed that Marty was interviewing for a new job Marcy. Sending him buckets of good luck dust and whatever happens may it be the best thing for you guys.

Yay for your window installation. Sounds great. Yes changing all the old windows to more efficient new ones really does wonders for the temp inside. The beach kitchen is now comfortably cool in summer and Greg told me it will be comfortably warm in winter (as he already got to see them in action this past winter). Woohoo for new windows.

Hahaha making plans while your in-laws are here...I used to do the same thing. Not necessary any longer luckily for me. Marty's parents sound pretty nice so I hope you will enjoy their visit and also enjoy time for yourself and let Marty spend quality time with them. Another win win.:whistle:

@Austina no worries. I think I gained all the weight back that I lost. Eating almost everything I did before but I have cut out corn (as in air popped popcorn) and I do miss it but giving it up for now to see if eating it has caused any negative reactions. So far I think I have been off it for almost 2 weeks and no change but will give it at least a month or 2. I love air popped popcorn but corn is/can be inflammatory for some people. Even the non GMO corn I have been popping.

Definitely will have to find a good Selenium supplement as much as I enjoy Brazil nuts probably better to have Selenium in supplement form. Which is ironic because generally it is best to eat the food vs the supplement.

Glad you have a good weather outlook for the weekend. Enjoy!

@PierreBear oh no and ughh to a flying roach! Any roach is gross but a flying one even more so and terrifying to boot.:eek2: I am sorry you couldn't kill it and hope it is dead or gone by now. Sending you hugs and good thoughts. You were very brave to go upstairs and go to sleep. Did I ever share my first experience with a roach? It was in college in my dorm room. I freaked out and had to have one of my fellow Columbia college students come and stay with me haha. He slept on the floor of course but he was a good friend. Which reminds me of another time I saw a roach. In my Optometry school apartment and that time I also missed killing it. Those buggers are fast.:cry2: So I called Tom who had moved to Queens that year from Manhattan (I was living in Manhattan) and he took a cab to me and slept over to protect me. What a friend. And he slept on the floor. I cannot make this stuff up but feel very fortunate I have such good friends true and blue who are there for me as I am them. Tearing up thinking of how lucky I am with my friends. Of course if I see a roach and kill it I am generally OK these days but still gives me the shivers and thank goodness we don't usually see them. But flying roaches. O...M...G. :eek-2::knockout:

And YES to having your kitty there to protect you. It's nice when they behave all predator like and we have found dead flies courtesy of Tommy. Thank you very much.:P2 However not sure he would be a match for a roach. Haven't tested that out yet and hope we don't have to. Hope you have a roach free weekend and enjoy it with your dh!

Hope you had fun with your friend and her baby. Have not yet opened the Instapot. Been a busy few days. Got it Tuesday and it's already Saturday and no time today either. Hopefully by next week sometime.:lol:

We have been cycling for the past 3 days enjoying gorgeous weather albeit getting warmer and warmer. Today is a hot one so we are leaving soon for a very early ride and then toying with the idea of driving round trip to Brooklyn and back as I ordered a dress for my good friend in the UK and I want to mail it out to her as soon as I can plus we have lots of packages to pick up in Brooklyn as I did not expect not to come back last week again the delivery issue messed our schedule up. So I would love to get that out of the way if possible before we head back for a day and a half next week. Just not sure how bad traffic will be since it is Memorial Day weekend Saturday. I guess we will see how the morning bike ride goes and how energetic we are feeling.

Have a wonderful Memorial Day Saturday girls! I have some pics to share but going to get ready to cycle soon and my phone is downstairs. I will share later or before we leave if I can. (((Hugs))).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK sharing quickly. I have pics from bike riding but will share those another time. Here are a few from this AM and yesterday when we got home. HRH is enjoying herself on our new furniture. Tommy is behaving himself however and was laying on the blanket on the bench. HA my plan worked and I lured him with a soft blanket. And yes we have punctures already in the couch LOL and grrrr. YCMTSU.:lol: (Thank you Marcy for our new acronym):cheeky::halo:

HRHbeachhousecouch.jpg

and a pretty sunrise.

sunriseatbeach.jpg sunriseatbeach.jpeg

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

It’s scorchio here, but hot and sticky :eek2:

I’ve been on my hands and knees all weekend. I saw a tip which I thought I’d try, and of course, once you start, you have to keep going. The grout in the travertine on the orangery floor was looking decidedly yuk in the high traffic areas, so I put baking powder/bicarbonate of soda in the grout lines, then sprayed them with white vinegar. It fizzes up, you leave it for a few minutes, then use a brush to work it in. I’m happy to report, it works! Then of course, you have to clean it all up, which needs a couple of washes to get rid of the residue. I’ve just been applying the first coat of polish, and I’m pooped!

So glad to hear you’ve been enjoying cycling @missy and woohoo to gaining back the weight, I won’t look such a heffer standing next to you :lol:

Flash the bat bling @marcy and Bling Babes to the rescue :lol: Glad the window is all sorted now,

Yum to your meal out, I’m too tired to cook today I think we’ll just have pizza :mrgreen2:

Hope you’re all enjoying the holiday weekend :wavey:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone -

Missy, your new furniture looks so pretty, and HRH looks very regal perched on the arm of the couch! Love the pics of the sunrise, amazing colors. Hope you didn't hit too much traffic if you ended up going into the city yesterday.

Austina, hope you are doing ok in the heat. So glad all your hard work paid off and your floor is looking good. That's a big job. Thanks for the tip and I'm going to do it on our bathroom tile floor. Pizza for dinner sounds good, after all that work you deserve a break from cooking!

Marcy, I hope Marty gets some clients from the new gym he signed up with. Lol to doing 120, wow! Happy to hear you like the new window, I'll bet it looks really nice and it will be more efficient as well. It's great that your house is set up so that everyone can get a break from each other.

Hi CJ, hope you're doing well!

Having a nice time here in SC, the weather was good yesterday so we spent time outside at the beach and by the pool. Not sure what's going on for today, but we'll all probably go out to eat tonight.

Have a great Sunday everyone!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

@junebug17 your vacation sounds wonderful. Yay for relaxing by the pool and enjoying your beautiful home. Eating out tonight sounds like the perfect evening on a lazy Sunday. It’s pouring here so heading for more furniture shopping. Need new end tables and perhaps area rugs. I’m interested to see what we might find. I’m thinking 2 white shag area rugs where the new couches are though the area rugs we have there now go perfectly. I’m in to shag right now haha. Thank you for your lovely comments.
Enjoy!

@Austina lol there’s no chance you could ever look like a heffer. No matter my weight. I’d be the one who looked sickly. But luckily my appetite is good and I am not suffering re diet anymore. But oh so many foods I can’t have and miss. Pizza for one and please enjoy it enough for the both of us. But many yummy foods to take its place so no crying for me. Hope you enjoy a lazy lovely Sunday and stay cool no matter the outside scorchio weather haha and hugs to Dottie. And good for you cleaning your floor so successfully. Nice work and appreciate the tips.

We had a good day yesterday. Cycled early morning and then drove to Brooklyn (no traffic going and some heading back but Greg took a detour through Staten Island. It’s a further drive but we were always moving so it was a better way to go yesterday) and we checked on everything in Brooklyn (it’s been almost 2 weeks away and I was not planning to be at the beach for so long these past 2 weeks) and I picked up my girlfriend’s package and will mail it to her in Dorset England next week. She’s wearing it for her friend’s wedding in August so I have plenty of time but want to get it to her in case she needs alterations. And then we drove back to the beach and went to Costco. Haha we were super efficient yesterday.

Last night one of our feral kitties plopped himself/herself on our welcome mat. Lol glad he/she is taking that message literally. Welcome indeed little kitty. Just wish you would let us take you inside. Away from the awful weather. Hope all the ferals are staying warm and comfy and safe.

D6B54108-D917-4FE1-83FF-24FAEFCEC115.jpeg

5C920D62-C140-484D-B546-1E3D5F98D456.jpeg

Enjoy this Sunday!:wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Happy Memorial weekend to ur US allies!

Windy morning yesterday so we decided again a bike ride and went to see the Avengers at the matinee then to happy hour on a sunny patio. The wind had died down and it was HOT! I had a craft gin and tonic and really enjoyed it! lol

Today we will ride.

Good for you Austina and your hard work--it am sure your floor looks great.
PierreB--glad you survived the bug and your husband being away.
Missy--your furniture looks fabu! May it survive many nail punctures!!
JuneB--enjoy your time at the beach with your family. Sounds divine--great decision in buying that property.

Hello NIRDI's:wavey:

cheers--Sharon

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Missy! I forgot to take pix of my older son and wife but next time. In Erie PA tonite, be home tomorrow evening. Been a long trip.. will spill all later (car, kids etc :)

kate

@Tekate loving all your photos and video! Gorgeous. Hope you are having the best time!:appl:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

I totally responded to this yesterday but I obviously didn’t post it. It’s like Deja Vu

Missy, I am glad your Dyson is still working well at the beach house. I used mine again today. Yes, 120 is fast but fun. The restaurant we went too is named Little Bear so that is where the name for this house dessert comes from; it is sure good. I haven’t heard much about this job interview so I don’t think Marty knows much about it. Since it’s a very small company I have no idea how it will play out but Marty’s smart so I am sure he’ll make a wise decision. That’s great the new windows at the beach house make such a difference. I’m sold on getting new windows. If it helps our energy bill that seems worth it to me. That is so nice of your friend Tom to come stay with you when an evil roach was in your room. That is a true friend. I am glad you are getting in a lot of cycling. I did chuckle that HRH is trying out the new furniture and Tommy is enjoying a comfy blanket on the bench. I love your sunrise picture. Too cute the feral kitty was enjoying the welcome mat.

Austina, thanks for the cleaning tip. I might try that on our shower floor. My new cleaning lady hasn’t got it as clean as I am used to seeing; it is one of the things I was going to mention to her. I use baking soda and vinegar in my sinks.

Junebug, spending a day by the pool sounds fabulous. That is living.

Sharon, it seems like all of us just went from spring to summer and are having hot weather. Isn’t it nice for a change? How was the movie/

Tekate, I have a good friend in Erie. Has all of their snow melted yet?

So since I didn’t post yesterday I have 2 days of Marcy blathering for you to read or ignore.

Yesterday we had mid 80 degree weather and we starting cleaning up things for the in-laws. Marty cleaned his shop and threw a ton of things away, hosed out the garage and debated about replacing our redwood beck with Trek. I started working on laundry and cleaning out stuff stashed in our front bedroom. Oh the cleaning the impending arrival of the in-laws can trigger. Marty decided we should go to Lowes to look at Trek. We ended up getting our flowers for our pots out front. Marty has a drip system set up for our pots and we quickly discovered out of the 11 pots only 2 of them were still hooked up. WTH? YCMTSU. Someone had to deliberately move those pots and snap off the hoses on the bottom. Marty worked on them while I pulled our old stuff and decided what went where in the new pots. After that was done we went out for supper then wandered around Kohl’s. Marty got a new suitcase and I picked up a few unnecessary things.

I had a hard time falling asleep last night since my left foot and right knee were chewing me out. I took some Advil about 1 am and did finally fall asleep. Today I got up about 8. We continued working on things around the house. I cleaned out 3 large and 2 small drawers for my in-laws in the front guest bedroom. Hopefully that's enough. I could put my Christmas tablecloths, napkins and place mats with our Christmas stuff downstairs and clean out another drawer. I do have a tablecloth and place mat problem. I bought a nice cream colored tablecloth about a month ago that turned out NOT to be perma-press. Marcy doesn't do irons so either I turn it in to a dry cleaners to press or leave a sticky note on it at work - Free to someone with ironing skills.

My sister and BIL visited with us for a few hours today and we all went out to dinner. It was fun. While they were here we had the tornado siren go off so we all did what all normal people do; go outside and look for the tornado. Apparently local authorities have no idea why the siren went off since the nearest tornado was about 25 miles NW of here but we did see a lot of nasty clouds and lightning. We never had a drop of rain either; I guess about 25 miles west of here had tennis ball sized hail. Tomorrow and Tuesday will be an instant replay of severe thunderstorms rolling through.

Tomorrow I have to do that yucky task of grocery shopping and maybe clean out a few more drawers.
Take care.
Marcy

Here are a few charms I ordered yesterday. Persona is closing their doors so I ordered the 2 Snoopy charms I like but don't have yet plus a teddy bear charm. They are sterling silver with crystals.
Screen Shot 2018-05-26 at 3.09.26 PM.png

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Another sunny hot day here.

Love the charms @marcy, especially the masked marvel :lol: Sorry to hear you had trouble sleeping because of pain :(

No YCMTSU why on earth would someone vandalise your watering system, mindless idiots :angryfire: my watering system is called Colin and seems to be working ok, although I haven’t ruled out an upgrade at some point :mrgreen2:

Glad in between all the clearing out, you had a good time with your sister & BIL, and yes to a meal out, you deserve it.

Hope you had a good ride yesterday @canuk-gal , sounds like you had fun on Saturday.

Safe travels home @Tekate your trip seems to have gone quickly.

Wow, you had a busy day @missy but glad you managed to get it all done. Hope you’ve enjoyed more cycling today and good weather. The feral looks to be in pretty good condition, must be all the good stuff he gets Chez Missy & Gregs:D

Yay to good weather in SC @junebug17 sounds like the perfect weekend.

Hi @CJ2008 - hope you’re doing well.

I hope Mr PB got home safely and you haven’t melted @PierreBear

We completely emptied the orangery today, gave the floor 2 more coats of wax sealant, cleaned everything and put it back. It’s looking great :dance:

Colin had his final dental appt today, it’s been quite full on, but at least it’s all done now.

I’m pooped but glad that another big job is done.

Hope you’ve all had a good day :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's!

Austina, I've wanted the Masked Marvel since i discovered the Snoopy charms. Since Marty never got it for me; I had to get it before it's gone. I have no idea why someone would have messed with our drip system. We had our lawn service spray the rocks for weeds but I can't imagine they would have bothered to move all of our pots that much. LOL to your watering system working well. Yeah Colin! That's awesome you got the floor done; I bet it looks great. What a relief that Colin is finished with his dental appointments. Rest up!

Our afternoon thunderstorms are rolling in right now. We saw some friends at the grocery store this morning. One guys had one of the tornadoes about 5 miles from his house; they didn't have any damage. Another guy was coming back from camping and had to pull over because of the hail. His cousin has to 4+ inch dents in his pickup from the large hail.

We went out for breakfast, went grocery shopping and then ran some flowers to the cemetery. Then I took my shower. My last batch of laundry is in the dryer. All I have left to do is cook supper and do the dishes and paint my nails. I found some OPI breathable polish yesterday so I am going to try it hoping it won't cause my nails to split.

I am watching the last few episodes of Band of Brothers on HBO. That was a good series.
Take care.
Marcy

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Marcy--that weather stuff sucks, doesn't it? We had the coldest winter with he most snow on record, missed Spring entirely, and now fires are burring out of control. WTH?? I did enjoy the Avengers movie, thanks

I rode 10K and walked to walked another 5 to the market and back. 29C. I love it but doesn't help the fires nearby. We are expecting and cooler temps and rain the rest of the week

Keep well NIRDIs.

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, I hate to hear the summer fires are starting already. I hope you get some rain soon that puts those fires out. It seems like no one had a decent spring.
I'll have to check out the Avengers. Thanks.
Nice that you got in a long ride and walk today. It's so nice to be outside.

Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Hope everyone had a great Memorial Day weekend holiday.

@Tekate so glad you had a wonderful holiday! And yes would love to see more pics with everyone in the family. I am sure your older son is very handsome too. Good looking family!

@marcy love your stocking stuffer charms. Adorable. We never watched Band of Brothers. Maybe we will check it out. Thanks for the rec. I agree you and Marty will make the best decision for you re any career moves/changes. Oh no to tornados coming through but glad you and your crew remained safe and enjoyed your time together. It is lovely how much you enjoy your sister and BIL's company.

Woohoo to getting all that planting done. You rock girl. So efficient in so many ways.:appl: And YCMTSU BOO to the people who vandalized your watering system. Glad you fixed it and it is up and running. Security cameras necessary for sure. And put the sign out that says you have surveillance on your property. Hopefully that will be a deterrent for mischief makers.

We have to get another Dyson for the new area rugs I just ordered. They are shag and cannot be vacuumed with a regular Dyson because of the beater thing in the vacuum (haha I really am not domestic as you can see). So Greg said we have to get one without that option to vacuum the new shag area rugs. Yes that's right. I order 2 new area rugs that need a whole new vacuum. LOL. And yes I did know we would need another vacuum for these rugs but wanted these rugs very much. Now I just hope it is worth it. :P2

How are your left foot and right knee feeling now Marcy? I am so sorry you are experiencing pain and sending you buckets of healing vibes.

@Austina yay for Colin being done with the dentist. That was an ordeal and now he can relax and be pleased in taking care of the unpleasant job. Nice going Colin and I am looking forward to being there in a few (probably many) months. And very nice going to you too for organizing and cleaning and getting everything in tip top shape. :halo:

@canuk-gal oy so sorry about the fires and hope they remain minimal and disappear quickly and no one gets hurt. Sending cool water vibes your way. Enjoy your cycling fellow cyclist girl.:appl:

We had a busy Saturday and Sunday but very good days. Cycling and shopping. We bought more furniture. Another ottoman to add to the chaise for additional seating in that area and it makes the whole room feel more cohesive. And 2 new area rugs, 2 new end tables, and a new TV console. Not done yet but it's a good start. All due to be delivered b/w this Friday and next Friday with the exception of the ottoman which we picked up ourselves. Woohoo living room coming along. Oh and I ordered new couch pillows and pillow coverings but second guessing the color. I got gray blue and now think lighter sky blue or pale blue would look better. Not a big deal and an easy order if I want to get lighter blue cushion cases for the couch pillows.

Cycling feels great and I hope the weather cooperates for the upcoming summer because I am looking forward to more cycling adventures. It's been weird weather. It was 92 Saturday and 52 Sunday. Crazy.

Heading back to NYC today for 2 days and then back here for 2 weeks starting Thursday if all goes well.
Have a good Tuesday and woohoo it's already Tuesday so short work week for those of you who are working.

Will share some photos of the new ottoman and furniture layout in the next post.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK so the kitties are making themselves at home with the new arrangement.

Tommy on top of couch (his back to us in photo) and Bobby on wood bench behind couch and Fred on couch. HRH is on the old ottoman we haven't gotten rid of yet. And she is facing us on the love seat staring us down as if to say how dare we change all the furniture and you better not touch my ottoman. :devil::lol:
3catsnewcouch.jpg

Fred is really quite comfy on the new couch/chaise set up. Here is one of the pillow coverings I got that I am not sure about color wise. Waiting for the new pillow inserts before I decide if I have to order new pillow covers.
fredonnewcouch.jpg

2 new end tables, and 2 new area rugs, and new TV console coming soon. So excited.:appl:

and here are 2 of our feral from yesterday security pics. Precious kitties.:kiss2:

feralonporch.jpg

feralonporch.jpeg

Have a wonderful day girls!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@marcy I forgot to tell you about CBD oil (topical cream) for your pain. I ordered some for Greg last night to apply to his knees and thumb. It got excellent reviews. It’s CBD without any THC. Perfectly legal and I believe perfectly safe. I’ll keep you posted and let you know what we think when he tries it. I might try it on my eyebrow too. If you want info on what I ordered before I get it just let me know. Hope you’re feeling better this morning.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oops. Forgot to share this Monday. @marcy you’re not the only forgetful NIRDI here. Luckily we are lovable. At least I hope we are :lol:. You are for sure. :halo:

5B8CA5A6-C308-4D2E-B55A-1B985831DEC3.jpeg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Missy, Band of Brothers is very good but it’s about WWII so it does have a lot of violence in it. They did a series on the war in the Pacific too and it was good but I liked Band of Brothers better. Yes, one new thing leads to another; I am sure a new Dyson will take care of your shag rugs. Good deal to get in a lot of cycling and shopping. Your new furnishings look and sound great. Your kitties look very comfortable. (Inside and out). I am back to my normal achy sore so that is a good thing. Thanks. That’s great you are heading back to the beach for 2 weeks. More cycling and enjoying the beach. And thank you - we are lovable. Or so we tell ourselves.

Our rain seemed to move on today. Woo hoo! I know some tall guy that lives here who needs to get our sprinklers going.

I spent some time in HR today. My one employee got off an improvement plan so that was good; then I was asked to stay only to find out my big complainer has been sending HR emails about another employee. My employee did ask me about a month to deal with this issue and I did, but according to HR she claims he is still doing it. He chews tobacco and doing the other nasty part of chewing at his desk. I flat out told him that is gross to do in a small room with co-workers in there so stop it. The HR lady talked to him and he claimed he isn’t chewing tobacco anymore but using something else so she told him not to do that in our room. So now it’s a he said, she said situation and like I told the HR lady I wish I could tell her which one is telling the truth but they both exaggerate and embellish the story.

Have a great Wednesday. Tomorrow if the middle of the week already. Nice.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wishing our dear sweet kind funny and smart @marcy the happiest of birthdays today. May all your dreams come true and may all your skies be blue. We love you Marcy we really do!!!

Today is the birthday of our sweet Marcy dear
That's right can you believe it has been another year
On this special day we just had to come and say
How terrific you are in so many different ways

You are warm and caring, sweet and kind
Always here for your friends no matter what the time
Day or night, at leisure or at work
Your NIRDI responsibilities you never ever shirk
Always there to lend a helping hand and sympathtetic ear
you're a treasure and a find and you are our very own Marcy dear

Those killer bunnies and darling teddies are lucky kids for sure
And then so is your darling Marty your loving spouse evermore
But we are lucky too your NIRDI crew and for this we must shout aloud
Dearest Marcy with all your generosity and kindness you make us so very proud

You love the stars and the sky and beautiful gemstones too
Diamonds and sapphires, emeralds and rubies, so deep in color and hue
Their beauty and dazzle are truly something to behold
But cannot compare with your inner beauty when truth is really told

So we come together to say out loud
How much we love you dear
You are our friend forever now
Not just online but truly and for real

Happy Birthday sweet Marcy
Wishing you all the very best
Not just a day filled with laughter and love
But lasting the whole year plus

Hoping we have many decades and more
To say how much we truly care
And also just a quick warning
Be careful of those killer bunnies over there
icon_lol.gif

Happy birthday today and sending you lots of love and hugs
From the NIRDI girls, the teddy bears, the bunnies and the whole crew
Today is your special day but with you here with us every day is special too

Love you Marcy!!!
We really really do!!!!!

XOXO, NIRDIs.
13.gif

red-white-heart-happy-birthday-cake-for-Marcy..jpeg

greeting-card-rabbit-bear-birthday-cute-teddy-79365767.jpg

baby_bear_birthday_flip_by_sebreg-d5k8fm9.jpg

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
69EFB09F-0A9C-4768-947C-0199F7238EAE.jpeg

B07485C1-6163-4119-BE53-3A1024CBC329.jpeg

Happy Birthday @marcy
Enjoy your special day

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hope you have a wonderful day Marcy!

4973F7EC-FDD0-4FA8-B573-1DCCD057FAC6.jpeg

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Had a busy day yesterday, after not getting to sleep till nearly 3am. I really didn’t want to go to Pilates, but I did, and wow, we had a really hard session :lol:

I had to get a Hep A jab yesterday afternoon to keep up to date, so while we were out, we did a bit of shopping. Managed to get Colin some nice linen shirts and trousers.

We had our satellite TV system up graded today, so the guy was here for a couple of hours, and had to put up a new dish. We can now record 7 programs at the same time, whilst watching another, watch 3 different channels in 3 rooms and store 1000 hrs of recorded programmes :lol: Bizarrely enough, it’s cheaper than the package we had before (from the same company) plus we got the documentary channels back.

We really enjoyed Band of Brothers too @marcy, and Pacific. Colin is particularly interested in WW11 as his father was one of the first ex soldiers called up, when war broke out, and was away serving from ‘39-45’. His father came home on leave in 1940 to get married, but was then away till the war ended. It’s hard to imagine not knowing if your husband is alive or dead week in and week out. Colin used to be away a lot, but I knew, for the most part, that he was safe and would be home.

Safe travels back to the beach house tomorrow @missy. Your new furniture sounds great, bet you can’t wait for it all to arrive.

Hi @junebug17 hope the weather is being kind to you in SC

This week is just galloping by :-o

:wavey:

P

PierreBear

Hi Ladies! Looks like everyone has been doing well. Yes, DH is back and everything felt normal again and even doing chores and running errands was a joyous occasion. My friend’s baby was doing well and made her laugh a couple of times. Trying to catch up with work though so this will be a short one today. Have a great one!

@junebug17 – What a beautiful home and gosh all those green trees! Lovely and hope you enjoyed the pool time and appreciate you sharing with us.

@Austina – Hmm I don’t think I’ve actually noticed a smell from the roaches. There are “stink bugs” that maybe from that name they stink if you squish them.

Colin’s quite the comedian but no one looks good first thing in the morning! I have a makeup routine too for sure so don’t agree with the natural beauty part but appreciate the kind words.

We were on the same wavelength. I was trying to clean the grout as well! I use this chemical cleaner so I was on my hands and knees too but with gloves on because who knows what is in there. Was somewhat effective but I think I need to do another round because the solution got too dirty.

Glad you got a satellite TV set up. What’s your favorite channel?

@marcy – Glad you get along with the in-laws but having some privacy and space is still important. Good luck to Marty’s interview. So if it’s in Denver does that mean a lot of travel and time away from you? Glad that they have worked together before though.

Hurray for the new window installation and don’t blame you for wanting all new windows now!

@missy – What a nice friend, Tom. I thought about calling a neighbor over for help or something but felt silly about it.

Oh my my, look at that wonderful living room but sorry about the punctures on the couch. I know what you mean about cat damages. It still looks lovely though!

Hope your body is healthy and holding strong.

@canuk-gal – cycling and a hero movie… my type of day!

@marcy – Happy belated birthday! Sorry that your left foot/knee wasn’t feeling well. Looks like you did a lot of hard and productive work recently though. Beautiful charms!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Nirdis!

Missy, such sweet pics of the ferals :love: Sounds like you and Greg were busy this past weekend and got a lot done. It's great you and Greg are able to spend so much time at the beach, it's the perfect place to be in the summer! How fun that your ordered new rugs and furniture, I'm sure it's all going to look great. Fred looks comfy as can be on the couch, just adorable! :love:

Sharon, your outing to the movies and then happy hour sounds like fun, so nice to be able to do things outdoors now. Really sorry to hear about the fires though, and I hope the rain and cool weather help with that.

Tekate, sounds like you're home by now, hope you had a great time and are settling back in to your normal routine.

Marcy, so strange about the watering system on your pots, can't imagine why anyone would mess with them :(2 Sounds like you're making progress getting ready for the in-laws, having guests makes you do things you wouldn't normally worry about, like clearing out drawers lol. So sorry your foot and knee kept you from sleeping well, hope you're feeling better. Love the charms you ordered! Sounds like you had a busy weekend and got a lot done. Ugh, sorry about the issue with your employees, hopefully the guy will just knock off whatever he's doing (because he sounds like he's still doing something) and it will all blow over. At least it's a short work week!
And Happy Birthday! I hope you enjoy your day.

Austina, good for you for waxing the floor, I bet it looks great. Great news about Colin being finished with the dentist, he must be so relieved. Wow, you really did get a good tv upgrade, how nice to have all those new features, and get some channels back, and all at a lower price!

PB, glad your dh is back and things are back to normal! Hope you have a good week at work. The week is going by quickly, tomorrow is Thursday already!

I got home from SC last night - had a lovely time and it was fun catching up with my sister and her family. My niece's fiance seems really nice and they make a cute couple. Now back to the fun stuff, grocery shopping and laundry :roll Actually, I did that in SC too, but somehow it didn't seem as bad there haha.

Have a great Wednesday everyone!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Gosh that view is to die for beautiful... it reflects caring and comfort..

OK so the kitties are making themselves at home with the new arrangement.

Tommy on top of couch (his back to us in photo) and Bobby on wood bench behind couch and Fred on couch. HRH is on the old ottoman we haven't gotten rid of yet. And she is facing us on the love seat staring us down as if to say how dare we change all the furniture and you better not touch my ottoman. :devil::lol:
3catsnewcouch.jpg

Fred is really quite comfy on the new couch/chaise set up. Here is one of the pillow coverings I got that I am not sure about color wise. Waiting for the new pillow inserts before I decide if I have to order new pillow covers.
fredonnewcouch.jpg

2 new end tables, and 2 new area rugs, and new TV console coming soon. So excited.:appl:

and here are 2 of our feral from yesterday security pics. Precious kitties.:kiss2:

feralonporch.jpg

feralonporch.jpeg

Have a wonderful day girls!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello ladies.. I am back one day but today I had 2 dental implants put in.. I will make the story short: this is the 4th and 5th implants in this part of my jaw. the first 3 failed, its been 19 mos. to get here but right now it hurts mucho. I have a prescription for pain meds but it wasn't ready when I went to Walgreens so it must wait till tomorrow.

Missed all you ladies and what is new.. I will read everything when I am fully alive! :) Yellowstone was awesome awesome awesome! I will try to get some pix up here in a few days.

I'm sending a huge hello, wave, hug and just huge smile to be back and hanging here!

Kate

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello ladies.. I am back one day but today I had 2 dental implants put in.. I will make the story short: this is the 4th and 5th implants in this part of my jaw. the first 3 failed, its been 19 mos. to get here but right now it hurts mucho. I have a prescription for pain meds but it wasn't ready when I went to Walgreens so it must wait till tomorrow.

Missed all you ladies and what is new.. I will read everything when I am fully alive! :) Yellowstone was awesome awesome awesome! I will try to get some pix up here in a few days.

I'm sending a huge hello, wave, hug and just huge smile to be back and hanging here!

Kate

Take a rest girl!!

Happy BD Marcy!!

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Gosh that view is to die for beautiful... it reflects caring and comfort..

Aww thank you @Tekate!

Kate

Oh my gosh, please rest up and recuperate. I am so sorry and hope you are feeling much much better today.
So happy you had a wonderful trip and time wit the family and sending you healing vibes and big (((hugs))).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!
glasses_hand2.gif

Off to the beach house soon.
crazy_driver.gif

Seems like we just left there. Oh wait we did.
nod.gif

@junebug17 welcome home. Glad you had a wonderful vacation at your beach house with family. And lol it sure is nicer doing chores and errands at the beach house isn't it? Hope your week is going well.

@Austina glad you got to upgrade your Satellite TV and yes to shopping and getting some lovely new clothes for Colin. Hope you are feeling OK after your hep A vaccine.

@PierreBear glad your DH is back home and that your week is going smoothly.

@marcy hope you had a wonderful birthday.
674983bh9uz5fkso.gif
And have a wonderful birthday week or 2 weeks as the case may be. Remember celebrating for the whole week plus is mandatory.
yippee10.gif

hello @canuk-gal hope you are enjoying a lovely week.

Have a good morning girls!

P

PierreBear

Hello hello! I thought I lost my mind this morning and needed to defrost some meat to make beef jerky. I knew we had some in the freezer but DH was trying to be helpful and already moved it to the refrigerator. Anyhow, that was my morning but yes the plan is to make dehydrated treats to get ready for our camping trip.

Oh I don’t think I mentioned the other day but our apricot tree is bearing fruit! 3 years of patience and one day we looked up and there were these golden goodies. Rather small such as a quarter size but it was actually surprisingly good if it was ripe. Not sure how we are going to battle the bugs versus allowing the fruit to grow.

Hope ya’ll have a wonderful day!

@junebug17 – Awww I’m glad you approve and get along with your niece’s fiancé. It’s always so wonderful that people complement each other and are a good match. Good luck getting back into the routine of things but yes grocery shopping on vacation does feel different doesn’t it?!

@Tekate – Ouch… good luck with the implants and hope the pain subsides. Ahhh can’t wait to hear more about Yellowstone pictures. Our trip is right around the corner.

@canuk-gal – Hope all is well over there for you.

@missy – Enjoy your time at the beach house. When you go cycling do you pick up ice cream at a different shop now? By the way, we have been making ice cream with our little machine. The dark chocolate rosemary surprisingly turned out really good! Very decadent…. Yum and would love to share with you and Greg. How is the mercury level?

@Austina – I bet you are still enjoying your TV system?! DH called us technology hippies haha… someone was sharing that the average house hold has at least 5 smart devices like “Alexas” or things that you can talk to and get a response. Everyone was shocked that we don’t have anything like that at home. Is that device popular where ya’ll are?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results