carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@Jimmianne oh no poor Puffy baby! Sending him bucketloads of healing dust and lots of love and kisses. Hoping as you wrote it is just a glitch. I will be keeping good thoughts for him and you and looking forward to hearing good news soon.

@Tekate you're on my mind. Hoping you are doing better each day. (((Hugs))).

@marcy oh no to your sister, BIL and their sons getting their cars trashed from the hail. I don't like hail and having been caught out on the bike in a particularly bad hail storm I know from where I speak. Glad you only got pea sized hail. LOL to your 23 and me 78% victim.:P2 Enjoy your free BBQ today. Haha yes this thread is super helpful and can be quite the resource especially when one (me) has not the best recall at times.

@Austina loving your beach photos. The beach and sea is extremely peaceful and healing. And I am right there with you with the frizzy hair. So if I have hair left when we meet I will be the other one with the frizzy hair melting in front of OWD.:lol:

@Scandinavian girl you're on and it's a date.:appl:Had a blast at our last visit and looking forward to our next and of course shopping will be on the agenda. :halo:

I forgot to share we are planting more trees in our backyard because our neighbors have sold their house and we finally want to have more privacy as we were very accommodating and nice to their wishes for the past 7 years not to plant in certain areas as they felt it would impede their view. Mainly of us and our backyard but OK fine we were accommodating because I didnt want WW3. Plus why they had to put all their furniture right up against our side I don't get. If they had only made their backyard seating arrangement more in the center of their yard none of this would have happened.

Well fast forward to circumstances changing and they sold their house. We wanted to wait til they were moved out before the new neighbors moved in to plant the actual trees but we couldn't wait for the exact moment so we finally planted this week 4 new trees. They are freaking flipping out. So aggravating as we did so much to accommodate them these past 7 years and now they are going crazy. Just goes to show no good deed goes unpunished and we never should have been so nice. We could have put up an ugly fence and instead put gorgeous trees there and they are making it like we murdered their children. I really don't know how this is going to play out but it is very unfortunate and unhappy it is happening like this.::)

View from the security camera yesterday.

treesinbackyard.jpg

We planted the 4 trees up front and the rest of the trees had been planted by us years ago and we left out the front area so to appease them. But now they sold their house (and told us they were moving late June probably) and I want my privacy and you can see if their yard wasn't right up against ours this wouldn't even be an issue. Our other neighbors are so nice and don't invade our privacy and we had no need to plant trees on their side of the yard.

Have a good day girls and hope everyone and their fur babies are doing well. (((Hugs))).

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

Missy, glad you are happy to be back in NY - it's nice that you can experience both the peace and quiet of the suburbs and the excitement of the city. Greg did a really nice job on the canopy. Pretty pics of your bike ride, and I like the pic of Greg and your friends from back in the day. Zoe the cat is doing great - sleeping, eating, and playing :P2

Sorry to hear about the tree issue with your neighbors; not sure why they're so upset since they're moving soon anyway.

Jimmianne, I agree that Puff's lipid level unusually high and I hope it's some kind of mistake. So sorry about your wifi woes and I hope everything is resolved soon. Lol to someday having something interesting to say! No need for you to worry there, I always enjoy your posts and hearing what you're up to :kiss2:

Scandi, how nice you met new friends and you enjoy each other's company so much. I'm sure your children are excited about the end of school! My kids always were. No pics of the wedding but I do have a picture of the final dress I went with - I had to return the dress I was going to wear because it had a pull in it that I hadn't noticed - ran out to the store the day before the wedding and found this, thank goodness.
80D3C66F-22CA-4A4A-B426-9DA53A1448C4.jpeg

Good luck finding shoes, it's frustrating to spend a lot of time shopping and not find anything that works. And good idea to pack as light as possible, it does make a trip much easier.

Marcy, thank goodness you had small hail, but I feel terrible for your sister and family, that is just awful. Lol to 78% victim and drama queen! And glad it gave you a good laugh, helps us get through the day sometimes. Enjoy the barbecue, always nice to be treated to a meal :dance:

Austina, beautiful beach pictures! And Dottie is just the sweetest thing, love her!

Nothing too thrilling going on today, trying to not be lazy so I'm going to start cleaning out a closet that has been bugging me, so much stuff crammed into it! Wish me luck lol, this could be dangerous -

Have a good day everyone!

Attachments

• 9A0DD076-E5B1-4C95-B5D9-4F7C17688E9E.jpeg
    9A0DD076-E5B1-4C95-B5D9-4F7C17688E9E.jpeg
    183.2 KB · Views: 26

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@junebug17 gorgeous dress and gorgeous woman. :kiss2:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@junebug17 gorgeous dress and gorgeous woman. :kiss2:
Ditto!
June : )

Thanks, Missy. Puff looks good, so I think he will be OK. Maybe will need an Rx.
oh I hate that your neighbors are being icky. Remember my suggestion years ago to use nice toilet bowls as planters!? Lol those neighbors dont know how lucky they are. Hope it resolves and you don’t get too upsety. I know it would bother me. Let me at’em!

P

PierreBear

Hi NIRDI ladies! Apologies for being MIA. Back from our trip and have a few pictures to share. Haven't been able to catch up but a quick shout out to @junebug17 - You look stunning in that dress! You sure take care of your body! Beautiful!

Buffalo just doing there thing... we actually saw one swimming. So adorable as puffs of smoke would come out of their little nostrils.
Capture2.PNG

Found some snow. Beartooth pass. Very scenic highway! Some of the locals were still skiing down the mountain side.
Capture1.PNG

Completed the 50K trail run. It was miles and miles of beautiful trails like below. There were some challenges as I wasn't prepared for all the descending (8,000 feet of decline!) and my quads were on fire.... Anyhow, I was trying to keep up with this 70 year old man. Ate a piece of humble pie and never saw my friend Richard again after my legs were giving me trouble. Fun time with DH who was very patient to go at my speed and help me through every river crossing as it rained and muddied up the trails the night before.

Capture.PNG

Hope ya'll enjoy the photos. Will catch up with everyone soon once life/house/work is back in order. Appreciate the kind thoughts when we were out playing!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Wow @junebug17 you look great. Navy blue ‘always’ looks so elegant, and the lacy sleeves give it a hint of sexiness! Good choice, it’s really smart.

Sorry to hear about Puff @Jimmianne - did the vet have any ideas what was causing the issue with the raised levels, or any plan to help? It’s always a worry when things aren’t right :(2

Good grief @marcy those hail stones are monsters. Your poor sister and family having their cars ruined. I remember visiting Texas and seeing lots of cars with huge dents all over them, and finding out it was caused by hail. I hope the BBQ was fun and the food was good :lickout:

Welcome back @PierreBear , so glad you enjoyed your trip, although I think I’d have needed to be airlifted for medical care if I tried to run that far :shock: The scenery looks beautiful and the buffalo look majestic.

:x2 to your neighbours @missy, they can’t do anything about things on your property so they’re just going to have to lump it, how dare they try to dictate what you can and can’t do. I would imagine the new owners will appreciate the extra privacy. You know, I think some people see you being accommodating as a sign of weakness and keep trying to push the boundaries. Tell them to bog off! :lol:

Hope you’re painfree now @Tekate .

Hi @Scandinavian

We went to another beach today, it was lovely, so quiet and really warm. Dottie had fun and we bought her an ice cream after, just hope it doesn’t give her an upset yum :???:

We’re going to yet another beach tomorrow, then we’ll come back and pack up. We’re going to leave here at 6pm so hopefully we’ll miss all the traffic. It’ll be easier than leaving Friday morning and running in to all the traffic - we’ll thats the theory.

3668DCF0-FEE4-490A-8F7B-78688E8BD37F.jpeg

:wavey:

P

PierreBear

@Austina - The beach looks lovely. I bet Dottie had a blast. Awww ice cream?! What a great dog mom. Does she have a flavor preference or anything nice and cold is delicious to her? Enjoy and have fun tomorrow!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ditto!
June : )

Thanks, Missy. Puff looks good, so I think he will be OK. Maybe will need an Rx.
oh I hate that your neighbors are being icky. Remember my suggestion years ago to use nice toilet bowls as planters!? Lol those neighbors dont know how lucky they are. Hope it resolves and you don’t get too upsety. I know it would bother me. Let me at’em!

Aww what a relief that Puff is going to be OK. Keeping him in my thoughts! I love Puffy boy and I love you too. And haha yes I do remember about that toilet bowl planter you suggested . LOL. The crazy escalated today and I do mean escalated but Greg diffused it. Thankfully because we didn't want to get the police involved though Greg spoke with the police this AM due to certain threats that were made by them and the police offered to pay a visit to our neighbors. Greg said no to the police coming and it turned out my dh was right. A conversation with them diffused the entire situation. At least I hope it did and for now it seems like it has.

@PierreBear welcome back home. Love the photos :love:and so glad you enjoyed a wonderful trip! Cannot wait to hear more details.

@Austina gorgeous photos. Love the beach. Really peaceful and relaxing and just a healing place. Hope you don't run into any traffic and safe travels coming back.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Jimmianne, we have quite a bit of hail in this area but you probably remember that from your time in the Rockies. Oh no to Puff’s test results; sending you mega dust that it was just a bad test. That’s a relief he looks okay. Good idea to check your email at McD’s. Rest up.

Missy, the BBQ was okay. It was nice to go outside and get some sunshine. I walked back around the long way too. Good idea to put up more trees; funny your neighbors objected even though you’d only be cutting of their view of your patio. Too bad your neighbors are being such pains about it; I hope Greg did diffuse the situation. They are moving - why would they care?

Junebug, your dress is beautiful and looks great on you. I like it. I am still chuckling about the victim and drama queen. She went home sick at lunch today. My room was pretty quiet this afternoon. Strange. It was nice to be treated to lunch. It was put on my the local Ford dealership. They brought out some new cars for everyone to look at. Good luck with your closet. I’ve got one of those myself. I worry when I pull something out or down that the rest will come with it.

PierreBear, it looks like you had a nice time on your vacation. Congratulations for completing your 50K Trail Run. It looks like very pretty country. Marty and 2 of his buddies in the guard hiked up a 13,000 plus peak one time. They camped overnight halfway up and on the second day they see someone off in the distance advancing on them quickly. He caught them and passed them; it was a guy easily twice their age. They get to the peak and he’s setting there eating McDonald’s cheeseburgers. He’d bought them that morning on his way out of town. He hiked back out the same day. Made those guard guys all feel out of shape.

Austina, hail certainly does a lot of damage to cars and houses. I did enjoy the BBQ, visited with some people in line and enjoyed the sunshine. You are having fun checking visiting all of those beaches. Dottie will be said when you stay home one day. I hope the ice cream didn’t upset her. Pretty pictures.

Tough drive home tonight. I was behind a sheriff and a policeman pulled up behind me. I drove under the speed limit. Marty said I should have put it in Sports Plus and just rip around them; that would have been a sight - Marcy being pulled over by both of them.
I baked my last mini pizza for supper tonight, Marty just got back from the gym and is grilling a pork loin and white asparagus on the grill. Woo hoo - no dishes.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy first day of summer girls!

happysummer.gif

@marcy smart to slow down with the police right there. They always make me nervous despite being a law abiding citizen. Weird that I get nervous around them even when I am doing nothing wrong. LOL. Yes we are good with the neighbors and in fact it turned out better than I would have dreamed it could.

Hope you enjoyed your mini pizza for dinner. And that asparagus sounds yummy. Never heard of white asparagus though. Can you tell me a little about that? I have been eating grilled green asparagus every night. I love it.

Speaking of yummy Greg was naughty and brought home a treat for me from The Milk Bar run by pastry chef Christina Tosi. It's her famous Crack pie but it has gluten and sugar and dairy so I don't know what to do. Ahhhhhhh. Greg said don't hate me but I brought this home for you. So it is in the fridge right now and I am debating what to do about it. OMG the temptation.

@LLJsmom forgot to tell you about that because I know you watch that show on Netflix. I think it's called Chef's Table and one of the episodes highlighted Christina Tosi and I love her from Master Chef and already knew all about her. If I could be any kind of a chef it would be a pastry chef. She seems like such a fun person in real life. I would love to hang out with her.

OK girls enjoy the morning. Summer is on its way woohoo. We are probably heading to the beach a day early in a little while this AM. Anxious to get our weekend started already.:lol: Poor kitties though as we just packed up to get to Brooklyn and now less than 3 days later packing them up again and heading to the beach. Somehow I don't think they appreciate it.::)

Enjoy and a special hey and hello to @Tekate and @Sunstorm. Thinking of you lovely ladies and sending well wishes and gentle hugs your way.
:wavey:

P

PierreBear

Good morning! Still playing catch up but have a family member coming to town whom I’ve only met once. I’m not really sure how it’s going to go but really anxious about it but trying to stay calm. Anyhow, nice to briefly catch up with everyone! Hope ya’ll have a great day!

@missy – Sorry I’m not fully caught up with the neighbor story but I hope the tension dies down. We had a new house built behind us and can see straight into the kitchen, which means they can see exactly what I’m making for dinner too… haha ughhh such a pain but we tried putting up trees in our backyard but they keep blowing over and not doing too well with the storms we have been experiencing. I do agree that ya’ll are so kind to plant trees instead of putting up a fence. I would be so thankful if you were my neighbor!

@marcy – yummm casual hike with McDonalds. Maybe that was what I was missing. Actually the aid stations were pretty amazing. They were serving bacon at the first rest stop and the second rest stop they were passing out pizza. Pretty neat event!

If you don’t mind sharing, are you close to those National Parks and do you visit often? Or is it just something that the tourists do all the time? Or do ya’ll make more trips to Colorado?

Boo to getting pulled over. Did you get a ticket or just a warning? Oh and what does white asparagus taste like? Never had white before!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

Missy, I'm so glad that the situation with your neighbors has been resolved, must be a relief. I'll have to check out that show, I love cooking shows. You can learn a lot from them. Very nice you're back at the beach, have a lovely time!

LLJsmom...thank you for your nice words...thinking of you and hope you're doing ok.

Jimmianne, I'm happy to hear that Puff seems to be ok! How are you doing with the wifi?

PB, welcome back! Your pictures are amazing, gorgeous scenery! Doing a 50k trail run is so impressive, congrats and I'm glad you had a good time. I especially like the pizza station :P2 Hope you have a good visit with your relative - try not to worry, the anticipation is usually the worst part, I bet once you actually meet them things will go just fine.

Austina, beautiful pic of the beach! So glad Dottie enjoyed it. Hope your trip home went well and you didn't end up in any traffic.

Marcy, glad you enjoyed the bbq, getting a break from being in the office sounds great. Luckily I didn't get hit in the head while cleaning out that closet. I always slow down the second I see a cop, even if I'm going the speed limit lol! Must have been nerve-wracking to be surrounded by 2 of them.

Thank you everyone for your kind words about the dress...I was just glad to find something that fit ok and I felt comfortable in...I didn't anticipate that it would be that difficult, will never wait until the last minute again!

Pretty uneventful here, although I'm meeting a friend for coffee later on that I haven't seen in a while. Will be nice to catch up.

Have a great day! Xox

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome back, PBear!

June, life is so much better without wifi! I noticed that fact in France when I didn't have it for a month. There were lots of great things to do with the time that were creative.
Of course life would not be complete without the NIRDIs, so the addictive wifi is necessary. Lol
Just better when one must make an effort to find a connection.
Kinda like going out for ice cream instead of having the temptation right there at home in the freezer.

Marcy, be careful out there. I think they have you pegged as a potential speeder with that hot car!

I am currently at the vet with my DD's cat (thus wifi).
Then I go to dd's house to clean her Airbnb for the next guest. I am getting paid $25 dollars.
Ha. Feeling flush with all that money already :lol:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

We went to Brancaster beach today, beautiful beach but soooo cold and windy. We had hot chocolate in the car after to warm up :lol:

I’m glad Greg was able to diffuse the situation with the neighbours @missy, I really don’t understand what their problem is. Hope you had a good journey to the beach house with the kitties. If they’re anything like Dottie, they’re must be well used to the to-ing and fro-ing. We often wonder what she thinks, we told her she was going on a beachy holiday, as opposed to when we go away and we tell her she’s going on holiday too. Of course, I’m sure she understands every word :P2

The ice cream van only had vanilla @PierreBear - Dottie doesn’t mind what flavour she has, as long as it’s ice cream :D Fortunately it didn’t upset her at all, she slept all night, whereas I hardly slept at all, keeping an ear open in case she needed to go out :rolleyes:

Don’t spend all the loot at once @Jimmianne , put some aside for a rain day :roll2:

I hate being stuck behind a police car @marcy , like Missy I feel guilty when I’ve done nothing :lol:

We decided not to wait till this evening to leave, so when we got back after the beach, we packed up and hit the road. Traffic wasn’t too bad, so we got home by 3.30pm. We had lunch as we were starving, then Adam & Kim called.

We’re all exhausted, so early night for us.

TGIF tomorrow :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s! Happy Summer Solstice.

Missy, that is awesome to hear things worked out with your neighbors. We see white asparagus in the store quite a bit. Marty says it cooks faster and tastes a little bit different but he likes it. I just looked up the recipe for crack pie; it sounds quote delicious. Did you give in to temptation? You deserve an occasional treat; but definitely would hate for you to get sick or a rash from it. I am sure your kitties are happy to be back at the beach. How could they not?

PierreBear, I hope you have a nice time with your relative. It sounds like the aid stations were well stocked for you; that’s great. There aren’t any big national parks right by us but many are within a day’s drive. I’ve been to Yellowstone the most. Luckily I didn’t get pulled over; it was more like I felt like I had an escort. Ironically, a policeman was following me today; luckily I noticed him before I punched it. I’d just past the last car and was heading up a hill when I glanced in the mirror. I backed off the accelerator immediately.

Junebug, I agree life seems simpler and more enjoyable without wifi and even cell phones. The place we used to go every summer for our star party had no cellular service or electricity. It was awesome. You actually visit with people, relax and read the old fashioned way. I wouldn’t be surprised if the local law enforcement has me pegged as a speeder. Especially since Marty drives it around town too. Woo hoo - you are rolling in the money helping out your DD with her Airbnb. Marty has stayed in them several times.

Austina, it can be very chilly at the beach but I am glad you warmed up with some hot chocolate. When we went to Pebble Beach I had stretchy gloves and a fleece jacket and absolutely froze. That night I found a chenille blanket and took it with us every time Marty was playing golf. I am so glad Dottie wasn’t bothered by the ice cream. I hope you have a good night’s sleep after a long day.

We hardly eat pasta anymore and strangely I ended up having it for lunch and supper today. I had a little baggy of leftover spaghetti from Olive Garden for lunch. Then about 4 pm Marty sends me a text he is making us spaghetti and meatballs and garlic bread for supper. Carb overload. Marty’s spaghetti was way better than what I pulled out of the freezer. I had some wine while doing the ton of dishes because the better you eat - the more dishes there are - right?

I was a good wife and filmed some training videos of Marty tonight. He has a few new clients that are older and beginners so he was going to send them these videos to start training. Wait till he gets my bill.

Tomorrow is Friday. Woo hoo!
Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Happy first Friday of summer! @marcy woohoo it's summer and it's Friday.
1237372v4er6kso38.gif

Before I forget I spoke with our dear @Tekate yesterday and she wanted me to share with everyone a big hello and let you know she sends her love to all of you. Please continue sending good thoughts and buckets of healing vibes her way as her challenges continue. We love you @Tekate and are keeping you in our thoughts and hoping these latest health challenges are resolved very soon. XOXO

@junebug17 I hear you about waiting till last minute but sometimes we can find the best dresses that way though the stress involved isn't fun. That's why if I find a gorgeous dress but am not needing one for any occasion I might just buy it just in case. Though there's always the risk it won't fit anymore by the time we need it lol. Next year we have a huge formal occasion and I want a smashing dress and I just for fun started online shopping the other day. Hahaha talk about early. I want something that is not black and am hoping for silver blue as I love that color. However depending on what hair I am wearing the color might not work so now I have that issue. Blonde or brunette or hey maybe I will be a redhead at that time.:whistle: The possibilities are endless.
:lol:

Hope you had a good time with your friend yesterday.

@marcy thanks for the white asparagus explanation. Luckily I love vegetables so much so though I have cut out many different foods (and not sure how I can eat at restaurants ever again given that even most cooking oils etc are not allowed) I don't feel deprived too much. Except when it comes to after dinner snacks as there really isn't anything I can have. I can only have 2 fruit a day due to the sugar and I have that quota before noon generally so I am SOL after dinner. That is the toughest part for me.

The Crack Pie.
1263732qjo53yeqzf.gif
Well let me tell you I had a minuscule taste of it (couldn't resist despite the gluten dairy sugar and folic acid which is poison for me) and it was good but too sweet and not worth the hype IMO. Greg gives it a 6.5 so @LLJsmom there ya go. In answer to your request for the Crack Pie update. Chef Greg gives it a 6.5. His words were "not amazing". My words too sweet. When you come visit me we will go the one of The Milk Bars and we will order a number of things for you. They do have gluten free things for me I believe but not sure it is dairy free and sugar free lol but I don't mind just being there inhaling the wonderful aromas. So count me in girlfriends. Marcy that includes you!

@Austina Welcome home and glad the traffic was not bad when you decided to leave. Yes dogs love traveling usually...dogs are very different than cats. While dogs might be more work to care for generally when it comes to traveling the reverse is true. Cats do not like to travel as a rule. They really don't like it. We have been traveling back and forth since 1999 with our cats (different cats at that time) and none of the kitties enjoy the car ride no matter how many years they have been doing it every weekend. So tell you what. Let's switch and see what it is like to take care of the other's fur babies. I love Dottie already and suspect my job might be more fun that yours dealing with our 4 very skittish cats. Hahaha you probably would never want to talk to me again after spending the week with them so never mind about that idea. :lol:I value our friendship too much!

@Jimmianne woohoo you go girl earning that cleaning money. But tell your DD she is getting off easy. My gawd we pay our cleaning people more than that per hour. :cheeky: Hugs to Puff. Hope he is continuing to do well. Please keep us posted.

@PierreBear just saying hey and enjoy the weekend. Thanks for your kind words about us being good neighbors. We are and we are very considerate and lovely if I do say so myself. :bigsmile: And yes trees are much nicer than a big ole ugly fence. Greg made it all good with our neighbors with a simple phone call and in fact the woman neighbor texted me writing she loves us so much and will miss us yada yada yada.
egads.gif

I am telling you we are not dealing with rational people but they aren't all bad. Well she isn't all bad lol. Though they do what is good for them and are very selfish in general. We are not like that obviously because for over 7 years we didn't plant the trees in that area out of deference to them though they did take umbrage when we planted what we did in the other areas. Yup they are a bit delusional but I always say the devil you know and who the heck knows who our new neighbors will be and I sure hope I won't be missing these neighbors who are moving because then that will mean the new ones are way worse. Please keep your fingers crossed that they are normal and respectful and will allow us our peace and quiet and privacy.

Hope you have a good time with your family member and get to know and love them or at least like them and the time together goes well.

I have photos to share and will share in a bit. BRB.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK so our cycling adventures yesterday were awesome. We saw the most gorgeous deer and I got a wonderful video that is on my IG. I mean just a beautiful deer. Here are some still pics sharing our cycling fun with you.

deeriinsandyhook.jpg

This is a gorgeous eagle. The nests are scattered throughout Sandy Hook and they are majestic beautiful animals.
eaglenestsandyhook.jpg

eaglenestsandyhook.jpeg

Lunch break enjoying the view
boatsbayshoretrail.jpg

then a quick bike fix as something had come loose. Thank goodness my dh is handy or we would be stranded as this trike fits into no normal vehicle haha.

greginsandyhook.jpg

gregfixingtrike.jpg

And back to our cycling for the rest of the afternoon.
missyandgreginsandyhook.jpg

and then when we got back Greg took a summer solstice swim in the sea.

gregsummersolsticeswim.jpg

and a wonderful sunset to end the perfect first day of summer. I call this Summer Solstice Sunset. Stunning.

sunsetsummersolstice.jpg

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed the photos I shared.
Have a wonderful Friday ladies.:wavey:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy its good that you think of your neighbors as not bad.
I have some neighbors in france who are rude and overbearing. I would love to hate them lol, but have to search for the good as the village is quite small. Funny, when i do that i start to like them. Well, enough to be pleasant. Normally i would be snarky in a quiet underhanded way. Haha

Austina, your happy little ice cream dog! Please dont tell my dog that Dottie gets the treats. Ice cream AND the beach. Yikes that dog has a good life : )

Marcy, i have a little cop story. One day i was leaving my driveway and almost got clipped by a speeding white car. I was mad! I floored it and caught up to it...right on his tail...going 85 in a 55...then...whoops...I realized it was a sheriff, no flashing light, just speeding along. Funny thing...he ignored me.
Later I called the sheriffs’ office and tood them they were welcome to use my driveway to hide, as there were cars going way over the speed limit in my neighborhood.
The ungrateful response was - lady, we don’t need your permission to sit in your driveway. Ugh.

Happy summer, everyone. Loving the summer photos.

P

PierreBear

Good morning! The relative visit has gone as well as it could go. Some hard talks about the past that brought heartache but so far so good. Will see her again on Sunday but this time my DH will be there so I know it will only be easier. Happy Friday and hope ya’ll have a great weekend planned. I’m hoping to do some weeding this weekend to get the garden cleaned up….. but all the mosquitos are out now and they love to nibble on me. Oh the joys of summer but at least there is watermelon!

@junebug17 – Hope you had a blast catching up with your friend for coffee. Oh I just remembered, how is your DH’s ankle/leg healing up from that golf accident?

@Jimmianne – Thanks for the warm welcome and agree with you that’s it’s nice to not be connected all the time. When we were traveling/camping in the mountain and of course there wasn’t much service. It was nice to just focus on the moment!

@Austina – A low maintenance girl… I would get along with Dottie just fine. Sorry that you didn’t sleep your best yesterday. You are such a loving dog mama! Glad you got to catch up with Adam and Kim as well!

@marcy – I guess all of Wyoming might feel like a big national park to a tourist like myself but didn’t realize that you were that far away. Glad you got to spend plentiful time at Yellowstone though! Hahaha your driving/speeding adventures make me nervous… in the city with all the construction I’m just hopefully for not hitting the breaks multiple times on one straight away. Feels like every main highway is under construction right now.

Good joke on your bill for filming videos. How is Marty enjoying the new company? Oh I think I mentioned that the gym I attend changed ownership…. I didn’t want to see the changes but it’s already apparent that they switched out a lot of the staff, particularly the cleaning crew. : / Quality is declining. : /

@missy – I did watch the documentary and learned about the Crack Pie. I thought the cake she made was beautiful where she didn’t put icing on the outside. I’ll join in on the Milk Bar visit too! Loved the photos and hurray for handy Greg!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Will post later but Marty’s official review of white asparagus is that it’s a bit crunchier, tastes very similar though.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

JA--I hope Puff is feeling perky today!

Missy --your wildlife pics reminded me there were some reports on the news of a little moose (ha) on one of our city streets yesterday--it managed to lope off to safety.

We rode yesterday even tho my hip was sore--nice hot day but \I got a little sunburned. And I do know better!

Heading out to see the new Jurassic Park movie early matinee today. Got stuff to do but wanted to see it although I am not a fan of Chris Pratt. I hope he gets eaten!:P2

Company for dinner so I'll walk to the market after for some supplies.

And old friend called last night and we chatted a long time. 35 years I've know her--she is like family. I feel I can say anything to her--and probably have. And she does the same. Complete honestly--so refreshing.

Anyway, TGIF:wavey: NIRDIs! Popcorn here I come!

cheers--Sharon

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Enjoy the film @canuk-gal and your dinner companions. Sorry your hip is still being bothersome. Ouch to the sunburn :(2

Sorry your visit dredged up unhappiness @PierreBear :(sad Hopefully Mr PB with you will give you the support and comfort you need to make the next one less difficult. Those pesky mozzies are a nuisance, I always says it’s because we taste so good that they target us ;)2 Will you stay at the gym or try somewhere else?

Yum to spaghetti & meatballs @marcy and even better that you didn’t have to cook it. Good news that Marty has got some new clients and make sure your bill takes in to account your cinematographic skills :D

Hope you enjoyed your catch up with your friend @junebug17

Dottie’s lips are sealed @Jimmianne, she knows she’s on to a good thing and wouldn’t want to share her good life with anyone else ;-)

Great photos as always @missy Greg is certainly a real asset with all his varied skills. How cold was the sea yesterday, he must be a hardy fellow to go for a swim?

Hopefully your new neighbours will be considerate and respectful, we wondered who we’d get last year, but the new people are far better neighbours than the previous people.

We’ve been lucky with all our dogs that they’ve travelled well in the car. Monty got sick a few times as a small pup, but thankfully grew out of it. For the most part, they get in and lay down. I occasionally see Dottie’s head pop up, as if she’s looking around and thinking “are we there yet?” but she’s such a good girl and no trouble.

Less than 5 weeks now :dance:

We took Dottie out then did our food shopping, just going to be buying the essentials for the next couple of weeks, only 3 weeks till we head for NY and the cruise.

Looking forward to a lovely quiet weekend :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Missy, Happy Friday indeed. I am sorry you can’t enjoy a snack at night; i definitely eat too much sugar and I know I’d need to do a total detox to quit that. Well darn that your crack pie didn’t get high ratings from either you or Greg. What is a Milk Bar? Marty must like that white asparagus because he picks it up and when I am going shopping he’ll tell me to get the white if they have it. I do hope your new neighbors will be fabulous and friendly people. We had the best neighbors at our old house. Both sides and across the street. The ones by our current house seem nice enough but I don’t know them well. Great pictures from the first day of summer. You are very lucky that Greg is handy and was able to fix your bike. Cute dear, beautiful view and fabulous sunset. Naturally you and Greg make a cute couple.

Tekate, I am sorry to hear you are still struggling; get better soon. Big hugs to you.

Jimmianne, darn that you have nasty neighbors in France. Wow to your copy story; that night Marty got a ticket he was waiting in the drive way of a business that was closed. I can’t believe they wait on private property. Too funny you chased that speeding white car down.

PierreBear, I am sorry the visit with your relative was hard; I am glad your DH will join you on Sunday. There are a lot of pretty places around here but also a lot of open, dry desolate spots. Kind of like everywhere i imagine. Don’t be nervous about my driving and speeding; I’ve always kind of had a lead foot. Once I had a little 4 cylinder car and got myself in more trouble with it than any other car I’ve owned - only because I’d pull in front of cars and then realized darn I can’t get out of their way. There are a lot of open spaces in our low populated state which makes it easy for me to enjoy a quick jaunt at 100 mph. We have construction everywhere around here too. Marty hasn’t accepted or technically been offered the other job. Apparently people he is working with in LA overhead him on a phone call and know he is talking to someone else. He said they were all kind of in a panic over it; I said GOOD!!! I wouldn’t be a fan of a dirty gym; that is kind of gross. I hope that improves and quickly.

Sharon, I am glad the moose got away safely. Last summer we had a mountain lion in town; twice. That would kind of freak me out. Sorry to hear your hip is still sore but I am glad you had a nice ride. How was the movie and popcorn? That is awesome you have such a good friend.

Austina, good point about my cinematographic skills; I have worked as a professional photographer so obviously I can charge him more. I bet you are anxious for your trip. I am anxious for your diamond shopping.

So I have to tell you about that negative, passive aggressive employee. Some of them are working summer hours and getting off at 4:30. I decided to leave early today so walked out with them. The one girl was parked right my by car and she had some stuff in the back for the PA employee. So the PA lady goes to get her car and I am in my car with it running and she pulls up behind my and the other lady’s car meaning I can’t get out of my parking place. You know she did that deliberately. She’s such a charmer. :wall:

I got home at 4:53; I work till 5:00 so Marty made some comment about getting home 17 minutes early. I pointed out my car is fast; I got home before I left work. He called me a flake.

My new bracelet has a broken chain link already. No!!!!!! I don't know whether to get it fixed, trade it for a more sturdy bracelet, move the pendant to a different bracelet and keep this one (after getting it fixed). Phooey.

Have a fabulous weekend.
Marcy

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, phooey indeed. Sorry about your jewelry fail. I bought a necklace as a souvenir and it broke within a day.
Maybe we can form a club.

I have to clarify. My French neighbors are wonderful. It is a few expats from surrounding countries who are pushy and act like they own the place. I don't know why they even live there as they have nothing good to say about the French. I learned early on that the best way to get along is to be humble and kind.
I have only met a few natives who were aloof...teenagers working in shops, and all others have been incredibly welcoming wherever I go. So I don't get the prejudice thing.

Wow, guys, have you ever tried long term to keep cat alive who does not want to eat? My entire day revolves around feeding my dd’s cat. I don't want him to die on my watch, and am up for the challenge of getting him to even gain a few ounces while I have him. He is on chemo two days a month, so those days are the hardest. I feel positive most of the time because he still shows an interest in life. Meanwhile he is getting just about any and every food known to man and cat! I am curently growing wheat grass for him in cups in my living room and can hardly wait to see it sprout and see if he will like it.
Meanwhile, the bunny wants to eat my mother’s chairs. Lol 50604AD6-6579-4376-AD8E-6CC3C54FA3F5.jpeg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Will be back later to catch up but in the meantime -

@Jimmianne , sorry about your dd's cat not having much of an appetite, it's worrisome when a pet isn't eating well - my cat really likes Fancy Feast pate, but it sounds like you might have already tried it.

Can the vet prescribe an appetite stimulant? Not even sure this is given to animals, just thinking out loud. Wish I had some better advice, and fingers crossed this kitty feels like eating soon.

Last edited:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, June. I HAVE tried the ff pate and it works sometimes! He seems to need somethng different for each meal, and even moving the dish to another room helps. It’s nutty. The appetite stimulant is a good idea. They gave me one for him, but it makes him stop eating and puts him to sleep. Its an antidepressant.
My dd is so careful to only offer him raw food, but whatever he will eat works for me : )
I’ve even given him apple sauce kale puree in a syringe. He doesn't seem to mind it.

Thanks for your help. I’m out here on the farm alone with jetlag, so not inclined to go out...dd is in france and young friends who live in my studio are away camping. PS is my entire social life this weekend! Lol
Oh goddess I hope I don't catch bling fever here. :lol-2:

Hope you are doing well <3

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne, there have been quite a few times when PS kept me company! And you're right, the only downside is coming down with diamond fever :D

The syringe is a really good idea! You know that he's defintitely taking something in. It doesn't help that cats are pretty finicky to begin with - Zoe will gobble up a certain flavor one day, and won't touch it the next. I would feel the same way as you - feed him anywhere, anytime, and anything!

DD and her boyfriend are here, they're going to a house-warming party today and staying here overnight - it's fun having them here, never a dull moment with my daugther around. She bought a pasta bowl and made a gift basket with pasta, sauce, crackers, and cheese, very cute. And a little more original than the booze that her other friends are bringing lol!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls! Sorry to be MIA and I can only post quickly today. Very busy this retired life lol. Having Greg around is wonderful but also leaves me with not so much downtime as we are doing lots of running around. Wanted to check in and say hey though I have been chatting with many of you offline I wanted to say hey to everyone.

@junebug17 yay for DD and her bf visiting you and glad you are enjoying having them there. What a sweet gift basket. Very thoughtful and I am sure her friends will appreciate that.

@marcy aww thank you and right back at ya. Marcy and Marty cute couple for sure.:appl:The Milk Bar is a pastry shop located in various areas in NYC and maybe other cities (IDK) that feature Christina Tosi's specialties. Delicious. You would enjoy it and remember I am always open for a visit from you.:kiss:
Oh no to your new bracelet already having a broken link. Phooey is right. Hope that gets fixed easily.

@Austina my dh is very hardy. Not sure of the water temps but mid 60s is my guess. He loves swimming in the sea. I love it too but haven't done it for a while...since last summer. I'm waiting for the water temps to warm up just a bit. Hope you are enjoying the weekend. 3 more weeks till your trip woohoo.

@Jimmianne bring on the bling fever girlfriend. What's life without some sweet bling. How is your DD's kitty doing? I hope improving and that the appetite is back. Very distressing when one's fur babies are having issues. And hugs to Puffy boy and hoping he is continuing to do well. What a precious bunny and thanks for the photo.:love:

@PierreBear you're in! And of course you are welcome ANY time to visit me. Would love that.:appl:

@LLJsmom gorgeous bag. If you ever tire of it...just saying. ;-)

@canuk-gal yay, glad the moose got safely away. Whew that is a relief.

@Tekate hope you are doing OK and not in pain and that you are healing. (((Hugs))).

@CJ2008 hope your weekend is going well. And (((hugs))) all around.

Have a lovely Sunday girls. XOXO. We are off cycling soon. :wavey:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
June, enjoy your time with the kids. I know how precious those visits are.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results