shape
carat
color
clarity

Favorite casual but fashionable shoes for walking around?

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We'll be doing a lot of touring on our upcoming trip and I'd like to wear something other than just my Sperry's. I have an OLD pair of Dansko thong sandals that I love, but they're pretty beaten up. I'd also like to not resort to wearing my running shoes :mrgreen2:

What are your favorites, that provide good cushioning and support without looking orthotic or geriatric? :lol: Looking for wedges, espadrilles, clogs, thongs, etc. Definitely black, nude, and white but love fun colors too. Available on Zappos is a huge plus :whistle:

TIA!

rocks

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Vince Blair skate sneakers. Fantastic. I can walk all day in them.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought two pairs of Tieks and I love them. They are flats but very comfortable for walking around in.

hoover

Shiny_Rock
Ooh... I just ordered two pairs of sandals from the Merrell site. I ordered the duskair seaway slide and the Terran ari post. I kept the slide and returned the flip flops because I thought the slide would be more versatile.
Also, I have wide feet and the sides of my feet touched the side of the flip flop (if that makes sense), so I didn’t think that extra pressure would be comfortable after a long day of walking. I’ve only worn the slide a couple times for short walks, but so far so good. If you don’t have wide feet, the flip flops might work for you - they seemed comfy and the footbed has memory foam (the slide doesn’t have memory foam). Both sandals have good arch support.
https://www.merrell.com/US/en/duska...lor=J94248#cgid=women-footwear-casual&start=1
https://www.merrell.com/US/en/terra...lor=J94046#cgid=women-footwear-casual&start=1

https://www.merrell.com/US/en/womens-casual-shoes/?icid=desktop-mens-wayfinding-casual051718

I buy new merrells every time I travel overses:shifty:

Not that I have to (they last very well!) but because they're really very comfortable and it gives me an excuse to buy more.:lol-2:

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Anything by Olukai! Casual, but great arch support. I have problem feet. They’re awesome. :mrgreen2:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anything by Olukai! Casual, but great arch support. I have problem feet. They’re awesome. :mrgreen2:
Absolutely Olukai! Arch support - wow in a flip flop? and the best flip flops I've ever owned. I walked 5miles with no break in period.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skechers are my go-to shoes when travelling and sightseeing, I have 2 pairs of the Go Walk style, one in navy and one in bright pink. They’re light, super cushioned and breathable, the fabric allows for a bit of swelling if it happens! (Gross, I know!). They also go in the washing machine- just tried this with the navy ones and they’ve come up like new.

Also Birkenstock sandals and flip flops, moulded shape, very comfy.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skechers with memory foam insoles - I’ve walked all over in them.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another vote for Sketchers. I have a dozen pair at least of Sketchers. They might not be beautiful but they are comfortable.

Also love Lifestride ballet flats. Support comfort and not bad looking at all imo.

DFC7224C-DA27-42C6-A82A-EBCF1D5175BB.jpeg

A6F5BA91-BAB4-486A-9E99-07509EEE1B5F.jpeg

Bucketfeet makes cute comfy sneaker like shoes.
7F98CC03-9319-43CB-ACD9-261BA207B804.jpeg

Sketchers
DF96E5E4-4250-447C-BB8D-CD0512BE447A.jpeg

And I love Softino too. Nice looking sneaker shoe.
368CD392-5F73-4A81-84FD-E17FD189204E.jpeg

I also find Helly Hanson very comfy.

newsneakersforcyclinghopefullywillworkforcycling.jpg

I like keeping my feet clean and safe inside a shoe and open sandals while traveling aren't my first choice.
HTH and happy travels!

Elizabeth35

Brilliant_Rock
Another vote for Olukai. I wore them all day walking on cobblestone streets in Europe last month. I need good arch support.
I got the Pehuea leather in Clay.
They looked nice with skinny ankle pants.
I don’t wear sandals when doing all day walking- don’t want any sliding and prefer my feet are covered when walking on city streets that can be dirty.:drool:

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Absolutely Olukai! Arch support - wow in a flip flop? and the best flip flops I've ever owned. I walked 5miles with no break in period.

I have two colors and I’m tempted to buy a third this week!

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a pair of those memory foam Skechers also they are really great for walking. Agree w Missy they may not be the best looking but very functional.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Reef "butter" flip flops. SOOO comfortable.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have two colors and I’m tempted to buy a third this week!
Rocking my Olukai at the airport! I have a second pair NIB that I got during a Nordstrom sale.
image.jpg

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with @missy, I wouldn’t wear opened toed shoes walking around

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also want to mention Keen, as I purchase only for extreme hiking/walking situations if thats gonna be your thing. I have 2 pair of the waterproof hiking sandals that I bought 5 years ago maybe. Still going strong (kinda ugly tho?? but very comfortable!), They've gotten a little inconsistent with their widths so always good to buy in person.

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Rocking my Olukai at the airport! I have a second pair NIB that I got during a Nordstrom sale.
image.jpg

I have the lime green strap and also a pale turquoise (with a bit of shimmer)... I love them for nasty hotel room floors when traveling, too! My family makes fun of me for wearing them all the time in the hotel room, but I can’t stand to go barefoot!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear Crocs, usually the beach ones that some would describe as fit for Hobbits.
I have Crocs sling backs for smarter occasions.
Beach Crocs is like Marmite.
Whether they are considered as fashionable is up for discussion.
However they are comfortable and practical for me.
In the colder months I have been known to wear waterproof socks with them.

DK :mrgreen2::mrgreen2::mrgreen2:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have the lime green strap and also a pale turquoise (with a bit of shimmer)... I love them for nasty hotel room floors when traveling, too! My family makes fun of me for wearing them all the time in the hotel room, but I can’t stand to go barefoot!
Hahahahaha I have a cheap pair of old navy flip flops strictly for hotels

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I love my birkenstock and wear them April through October. And I always thought of them as out of style and dated, but still love them. Got my first pair about 20 years ago and have worn them ever since. I even have an indoor only pair that I wear around my house because sometimes when I go barefoot I get foot pain. I only started wearing these because a podiatrist recommended them when I was suffering from plantar faciitis.

Then something funny happened, about 2 years ago, I started getting random complements from teenagers and people under 25. NOW, I see them all over my children's high school. And my daughter's college. I find it really funny that they are super "In" at the high schools in my community, and colleges too.

My kids think its funny that the sandals I have worn their whole lives, that they tease me are ugly are the "in" thing among their peers!

Haha, who knew I was fashion forward LOL

I also love Merrill shoes and sandals that have been mentioned. For flip flops, I live Teva but only wear flip flops if I am at the pool.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
I've had a lot of great luck with Tevas...I have arthritis in my knees and their footbed, whether its on sandals, boots, or wedges, gives me really great support. They've come out with some lovely fashionable footwear lately, not just the hiking sandals they used to have!

I also loves Clarks walking shoes. They've discontinued my favorite style, but they are really light and fit my orthodics!

Enjoy your travels!

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
0D8D8A72-3C67-4C1D-9977-2BE9F882A2F6.png

Naot is another favorite brand of mine. They have a footbed similar to Birkenstock, but they have a huge variety of styles. Super comfy—I can wear them straight out of the box, but just like Birks, they mold to your foot over time for increased comfort.

This pic is just a small sampling of their flats. I love their winter boots.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm hooked on Merrell and Abeo

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jambu wildflower sandals. They are in all the fashion magazines right now so I bought a pair. So comfy I bought two more colors.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure if anyone mentioned this yet but also wanted to add that you should bring a change of shoes because no matter how comfortable a pair of shoes/sandals/sneakers might be if one wears them walking lots day in and day out they might start causing irritated spots. So bring a different pair and alternate. Your feet will thank you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results