carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello again

@missy, I’m so sorry that you’re dealing with even more medical issues. I do know it’s possible to remove amalgam fillings safely, so I hope the article reassures you that it’s safe in the event you need to. Just need to find the right place. It seems that life is determined to test you to the limits, and maybe your Dr.’s attitude is based on having seen different ‘norms’ for different patients? My resting pulse rate is considered high for most people, but is ‘normal’ for me.

I hope you’re able to relax and enjoy your time at the beach house, and try to put all these new worries on the back burner for a few days.

Wow @marcy those sapphires are TDF, and I’m excited for you to get your rings on Friday. The Rose gold really compliments the stone, great job on doing such good trades to get what you want.

Your niece is really talented, what cute little polymer figures she’s created.

I hope the new cleaning lady has done a good job for you.

Good for you for standing up for yourself @PierreBear I hope your office move doesn’t mean extra commuting time for you. Great to have something to look forward to this weekend. I always think popcorn is something that sounds like a good idea at the time, but ultimately you end up regretting it :lol:

Another strange day weather wise, wet and miserable this morning, bright and sunny this afternoon :roll2:

Colin came back from the dentist very numb, upper and lower left side sorted today, hopefully just two more appts.

I’m feeling anxious about tomorrow, we have to take Dottie in at 8am to be anaesthetised to have her teeth cleaned. Spinone can react badly to anaesthetic, but it can’t be done under sedation. :(2 She’s not going to be happy about having no breakfast, so we’ve given her extra tonight. It’ll be a long wait in the morning to hear she’s ok.

Hope all the NIRDIs are well

:wavey:

P

PierreBear

Awww good luck to Dottie getting her teeth cleaned. She's going to have some pearly brights like Colin. Hope the process goes well. Peace to her amazing dog mom @Austina. : )

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, Thinking of you this morning. How awful to get that phone call at any time, but right before bed???

Austina, you are not alone in worrying abut your baby and the sedation, but they make it very safe now, or at least that is what the vet tells me.
Thank you for the invitation! .
I was joking to my British electrician yesterday that I would be afraid to travel to England until I learn the language, at least the way he speaks it LOL
Does the American accent give you any trouble at all? I have trouble with the southeast mountains dialect, but you probably have not run into any of that yet.

Marcy, those clay pieces are done to perfection. Does she sell her work?
Good for you, keeping Marty in his place, er I mean the rabbits.

June, did you finish your closet project? Thank you for the inspiration!

I am very excited that yesterday I lengthen my stay here by about three weeks.
I am newly in love with France because it is spring. After two winter visits I thought the honeymoon was over, but nope, I'm smitten once more.:clap:
A few photos, some of you have seen already.

A73323D4-0C87-4985-8270-611392690EB6.jpeg 905D24D7-89F4-4E2D-9ED7-4BF8EB0CEC43.jpeg A9B93990-EEB4-46EF-BFB2-957F382F8BEF.jpeg 3D94817C-AA76-463C-A4E6-ED1060990145.jpeg DC774306-04AD-405F-ABB1-58D28A9B14D7.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just waking up this morning girls but wanted to wish @Austina GOOD LUCK to Dottie and sending her bucketloads of healing dust and hope her teeth cleaning and anesthesia experience went well.

fairy%20dust.gif

BRB in a few.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK I'm back.

Marcy thank you for everything. (((Hugs))).
Yes please check both eyes with the Amsler grid every week. I am sure you are anxious about getting your bling. I am anxious for us umm I mean you to receive it too.:whistle::lol: Good deal your niece makes kitties with her clay. Cuddly Cute Creative Charismatic Cheerful Clay Kitties...Kaboom.
likeit.gif
1237347t680xm00ub.gif

And bwahaha those sneaky rabbits.
bunnyhoedown.gif

Austina thank you for the link! Really helpful. I sent it to my dentist friend and then we talked for over an hour on the phone. She does steps one to three and will add an oxygen mask if I want it while she does the amalgam extractions if we determine I need to remove those fillings. Which are quite numerous. But I feel loads better knowing Denise can safely remove them. She is an excellent dentist and meticulous and conscientious and I am lucky I have her.

How is Dottie doing after her dental ordeal? Glad Colin has only 2 dental appointments left. He's been a real trooper through it all. Sometimes you gotta just put your head down and bear it. You know that saying..."when going through hell just keep going" or something like that.
(((Hugs))).

Jimmianne dear, thank you and love all your photogenic scenes and lovely photos. And your DD is a true beauty like her mama. :kiss: (((Hugs))).

It's gorgeous here. So glad to be back. With the exception of the loss of power at 9PM of 8 neighborhoods here. Transformer or something must have blown. Thank goodness for our trusty generator as our power and AC came right back on and the power to all those neighborhoods including ours wasn't restored till 12:45AM. Generator was the BEST purchase here ever.

Speaking of great purchases our new kitchen ROCKS. I love it more than I thought I would. So beautiful AND functional. Wow. Bright and clean and cheery and so much space. It feels huge now. So much island and counters space and drawers and storage. Just perfect. The kitties took a whole day to adjust because all the smells are different and they haven't been back here since December. So they were out of sorts for most of the day but seem back to normal now.

It's a beautiful but very HOT day. Greg said we could sneak in an early bike ride
bikebikebike.gif
but I am not sure so will check the weather. Anyway I don't have a burning desire to ride if the weather isn't nice enough. That urgency to ride is gone and I just want to enjoy whatever we do which could be a nice long walk too and trip into Red Bank so we will see. It's still a work day for Greg too and he has conference calls throughout the day so I am sure I will see y'all later and have a lovely morning girls:wavey:...gotta get my second cup of coffee. This house is much bigger than our Brooklyn apartment so lots more walking.
thismuchistrue.gif
LOL.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I snapped 2 pics just now for you girls. So peaceful and lovely here. Wish you could all be here enjoying this with me.:kiss2:

morningatbeach.jpeg

Hello there sweet ducks.
luv12.gif

morningatbeach.jpg

and the sun peeking through just before it does it's 90 degree damage. So innocent but we know better...
1896249wrr738gi7w.gif

sunriseatbeachmay2018.jpg

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a very quick fly by, Dottie was very unhappy at being left this morning, broke my heart when we left :(2 The vet has just rung, she’s ok and just woken up, so we can collect her soon.

Thanks for all the good thoughts.
Be back later :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a very quick fly by, Dottie was very unhappy at being left this morning, broke my heart when we left :(2 The vet has just rung, she’s ok and just woken up, so we can collect her soon.

Woohoo!!!
1393637oaxadbw05t.gif

Thank you for the happy update and much love to sweet Dottie from all of us girls @Austina. And (((hugs))) to you for taking such excellent care of her.
742469s3709nw4fb.gif

P

PierreBear

Good morning! Hope everyone is doing well. DH is coming back from a work trip so excited to see him tonight. Yesterday I had a mini home repair project. We had a closet built out a few years back and the sliding doors never worked well. There were so many production issues that I was just glad that it was standing and though I commented that it was hard to slide back then, they only made an “adjustment.” Turns out the measurements were just “too tight” and so the installer should have known to shave down the doors etc. Well glad they are backing up their product and fixing it a few years down the road but I’m doorless for a few weeks. My cat is going to have a field day, sitting on all of our clothes! Hahaha… OK hope everyone has a great one!

@Jimmianne – Oh wow… beautiful photo. I wish the states would look as idyllic as those pictures. My drive to work is nothing but concrete and construction of highways. Love all that greenery!

@missy – Good luck on the bike ride if ya’ll go. Last I remembered, you were getting red rashes. Did you figure out a solution around it or given enough time your body healed up? Hope it was an enjoyable one. I haven’t biked in a long time… just run, run, run. I miss it a little bit.

@Austina – Poor Dottie but hopefully she is feeling better ya’ll again. I wish we could talk to our pets to explain what we are doing for/to them.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone - oh boy, I'm behind, will do a quick catch-up...

Missy, I'm sorry about the new medical concern, and hoping that not eating fish will be enough to get your mercury levels under control. The last thing you need is another worry and I hope you can push it out of your mind enough to relax and enjoy your time at the beach. (((Hugs))). I'm glad your doctor's appointment went well and that you're feeling a little better about him. Also so glad to hear that your dentist friend will be able to handle removing your fillings if it comes to that, although I truly hope it doesn't but a comfort to know it's possible. Great news about Stanley being adopted too, so happy!

Enjoy your day at the beach. The pics of the water are so pretty, must be really nice to be back. I'm happy you love your beautiful new kitchen so much.

And yes, it's crazy that I'm not hankering for any bling, I have to get over this, something is terribly wrong lol!

Marcy, I love your new sapphires! So exciting! The colors of both are really beautfiul :love: Can't wait to see them set, I love the settings you chose. You are giving me ideas for my next bling purchase! Lol to the Peanuts cartoon, too cute. Great news that you don't have to go back to the eye doctor until August, but good idea to check them every week. Your niece's clay sculptures are amazing! I'ved fooled around with clay a little and it is not easy to do, she's very talented and her work is so perfect. I love the idea of putting your mom's pendant on a bracelet, that way you could see it while you're wearing it. Sounds like you're off to a good start with your new cleaning person, fingers crossed this works out well.

PB, wow, 18 miles, I have a new appreciation for what that involves now! Good luck and I hope your run goes well. I like your idea of buying throwaway clothes for a trip, that would certainly make things easier.

I'm sorry about the difficulty with your co-worker, It is so stressful to deal with aggressive and short-tempered people. Good for you for standing up to her, it's not an easy thing to do but so important to send a message that you are not going to be treated unprofessionally. I have a hard time standing up for myself, it's one thing I really dislike about myself and I admire you for doing it.

Enjoy your weekend and have a good time at the movies!

Austina, I'm so glad Dottie did ok with the procedure and she'll be home soon, what a relief. Good for you for doing a big clean-out, it's not a fun task, that's for sure. Lol to being kicked out of the bling corps - Give me a little more time, I'll come up with something ha! Marcy is giving me some inspiration with her gorgeous sapphires. Sending good thoughts and healing vibes to Colin, he has been a trooper and hopefully his ordeal will be over soon.

Jimmianne, springtime in France is truly beautiful, love your pics and I can see why you are falling in love all over again. Thank you for sharing them, they are a joy to look at. I made a little progress on the closet but there's more to do and I don't feel like doing it anymore lol. So much for me being an inspiration :P2

Wishing all the nirdis a wonderful day! Xox

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We’re back from collecting Dottie. She was howling and crying when we got there, really wanted to come home. She’s very dopey and wants to be stroked and loved. Poor thing, doesn’t know what’s going on. :(2

:dance: To loving your new kitchen @missy, although I’m not surprised, what’s not to love? Being able to look out at that scenery makes all the upheaval worth it.

I’m glad you found the article useful and feel reassured by your dentist that it can be done safely if needs be. I had all my lower amalgam fillings removed 30 years ago and replaced with composites.

Well done on getting your closet problem sorted @PierreBear and yay to Mr PB getting home tonight. That’s one of the reasons we love Bee Cave, at least it’s not all concrete jungle, and Lakeway is particularly lovely.

Thanks for the photos @Jimmianne , it looks really beautiful there, and I’m not surprised you’ve decided to stay longer. It’s a beautiful day here today too.

There are many strange regional accents here, so I’ve never had a problem understanding the numerous American accents we’ve encountered on our travels. :lol:

Glad to hear you’ve been inspired by @marcy @junebug17 I was beginning to think you were suffering from a strange and mysterious malady :mrgreen:

Big wave out to all the lovely NIRDIs :wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, Thinking of you this morning. How awful to get that phone call at any time, but right before bed???

Austina, you are not alone in worrying abut your baby and the sedation, but they make it very safe now, or at least that is what the vet tells me.
Thank you for the invitation! .
I was joking to my British electrician yesterday that I would be afraid to travel to England until I learn the language, at least the way he speaks it LOL
Does the American accent give you any trouble at all? I have trouble with the southeast mountains dialect, but you probably have not run into any of that yet.

Marcy, those clay pieces are done to perfection. Does she sell her work?
Good for you, keeping Marty in his place, er I mean the rabbits.

June, did you finish your closet project? Thank you for the inspiration!

I am very excited that yesterday I lengthen my stay here by about three weeks.
I am newly in love with France because it is spring. After two winter visits I thought the honeymoon was over, but nope, I'm smitten once more.:clap:
A few photos, some of you have seen already.

A73323D4-0C87-4985-8270-611392690EB6.jpeg 905D24D7-89F4-4E2D-9ED7-4BF8EB0CEC43.jpeg A9B93990-EEB4-46EF-BFB2-957F382F8BEF.jpeg 3D94817C-AA76-463C-A4E6-ED1060990145.jpeg DC774306-04AD-405F-ABB1-58D28A9B14D7.jpeg

JA--Winters are tough anywhere!! I love that you love your home(s). Thank you for letting me enjoy them with you--but I think your beauty adds value.....:))

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh gosh. I am going to send Dottie healing vibes across the miles. And Colin too! You've had a lot of teeth on your plate! (no pun intended)

cheers--Shaorn

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Missy--the medical pile on won't derail you. Your train is strong.

I am happy that your kitchen is a success and you are all enjoying and discovering your "new" space. I hope you can find time to ride--if the heat isn't too much.

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Austina, I am very anxious to get my new rings. They haven’t called with my tracking number yet though so I may not get them tomorrow. I hope Colin is feeling better now after his dental appointment. I bet he will be glad to get his last 2 sessions behind him. Your weather sounds like ours, I swear we can have days where we cycle through all 4 seasons. Starting Saturday though we have 6 days predicted to be in the 70’s. I hope you get warm weather too. Poor Dottie; I hope she better tonight; I am glad she did okay though.

PierreBear, that is too bad your sliding doors haven’t worked well but it should be an easy fix. Ha ha the kitties are making themselves comfortable sitting in your clothes. Good deal that your DH is getting home tonight.

Jimmianne, I emailed you the link to my niece’s Esty page. I wish I could keep Marty and the rabbits in their place; but I usually lose that battle. I’m dumb enough to keep trying though. How fun to extend your stay in France; it is definitely beautiful there in the spring.

Missy, you are very welcome. Always! I have some Amsler grids printed out so I will dig them out and leave them on the dining room table. I swear. And yes those rabbits are sneaky. They take after Marty. What a relief you talked to your dentist about your fillings. I hope it doesn’t come to that but it’s good to know she can help you. It sounds like you are loving being back at the beach house. Good deal your generator came in handy. Our 5th wheel had a generator and it sure came in handy. I am happy to hear you love your new kitchen; it sounds perfect and it also has the kitties approval. Nice. Beautiful pictures. I can’t believe you had 90 degree weather already. Bam! Summer is here.

Junebug, I will certainly be an enabler for you to go gemstone shopping; I love colored gems. There is always something else I want. I am amazed at how well my niece’s clay pieces turn out, she is very creative. Did your weather warm up too?

Sharon, I hope nice weather is finally showing up for you.

The more I think about my cleaning lady the more doubts I have. I was quite impressed with her getting done in 2 hours and that she’d do this and that next time but then again why shouldn’t she do them every time? I also found little things like the soap dish in our shower wasn’t cleaned, our faucets are brushed nickel and while they look like they were cleaned they weren’t wiped down because I see water spots on them.

I spent my first hour in my boss’s office when I got to work today. Then had to follow up with my team what happened and then update our procedures. One of my employees kind of vented about my PA negative employee bared her hostility while I was gone, I plan on asking her about it but don’t feel i can write her up on “hearsay”. My afternoon went well though because a lady at corporate sent me a teddy bear to thank me for helping her out.

I haven’t got a tracking number yet for my rings. Noooooooooooo!!!!

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is my new teddy. What should I name him?
upload_2018-5-3_19-42-18.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!
1237372v4er6kso38.gif

It hit 95 degrees here yesterday.:o
95degreesF.jpg

Junie I am glad you are making progress on the closet. I am not motivated at all to do "spring" cleaning. How is the rest of your week going? It's going to cool down a bit in the next few days and next week looks beautiful. Do you have plans for Mother's Day next weekend? I cannot believe it's almost already here.

Sharon, that is such a lovely thing to say. Thank you. You are right. I'm not about to let these new medical issues derail me. My train *is* strong.
warriorwoman.gif

Do you have plans for the weekend? Now that your weather is beautiful and warm I am guessing you have outdoor plans. Cycling?
bikebikebike.gif

Austina I know Dottie is super happy to be home with you guys and you are as happy to be home with her. It's hard on our fur babies as they don't understand what a vacation is. (((Hugs))) to sweet Dottie girl.:kiss2:

Marcy I do love being here. It's beautiful and relaxing and the smell of the ocean air and the sound of the ocean waves and the feel of the sand. It's priceless. And the ducks think so too.
This AM ducks hanging out.
dukcsinbackyard.jpg

and HRH gazing at them.
hrhstaringoutstudywindow.jpg

I love your new Teddy. And how thoughtful a gift that is. That person is very appreciative of you and all your help Marcy. Nice going and it doesnt surprise me at all. Hmmm what to name him.:think: I like the name Gunther or Gundy (haha obvious I know) or Geo. I will keep brainstorming.:sun:
I cannot wait for you to get your new rings and cmon tracking numbers.:appl:
Sorry for more office drama and the negative and occasional hostile environment...cmon Marcy let me enable you to retire and visit me here.:halo::cool2:

PierreBear yay your dh is home finally and yes to the honey to do list for him. :lol: And lol so true about the cats. HRH loves to sneak into our closets when we open them to get stuff and just like lightning she is in and often we don't realize it till she has been in there for a bit. She is sneaky and nosy. Most cats are haha but they are so freaking precious too. :love: I don't technically get rashes fyi. It is called Schamberg's disease and when I am hot my blood vessels leak blood causing a painful red appearance that burns and itches and hurts and it takes a month plus to reabsorb. And it can be pretty bad. I remember some of you thought it looked like a heat rash but sadly it isn't anything as innocuous or painless as a heat rash. I wish. I won't share the pic of my legs with it unless you want to see it again. I shared it last summer with you guys though I don't expect you to remember. LOL I don't want to remember.:oops2:

So yesterday was not cycling weather for me and instead we went to Red Bank and walked around and enjoyed the day and got relief by going into AC shops. I bought a blue striped sundress with pockets. So versatile and while pockets there are not super flattering the dress is super comfortable and versatile with or without a shrug so I plan on enjoying it a lot.

dresswithpockets.jpeg

dresswithpockets.jpg

We also went to Restoration Hardware (Love that store) and I fell in love with a couch and swivel and armchair that I think would be perfect for our beach house living room but all together it would be too expensive for furniture the cats will destroy within a few years. But thinking about it as we want to redo the living room. This is the midcentury style I LOVE. Imagine this is white fabric. Supposedly scratch resistant for furbabies. If it were true I wouldnt mind spending the $$$$$ for this fabric and furniture. Thinking about it. Finally found furniture I adore.

sofarestorationhardware.jpg swivelchair.jpg armchair.jpg

Another warm day today so not sure what we are doing. Cycling is on the table but again not sure it is worth the effort as it is going to be another warm (albeit a few degrees less warm) day with another south west wind which is a hot wind. So leaning towards not cycling and doing something else. Now that I am retired I feel less of a "we must go riding now" vs we can go riding when the weather improves. Less of a sense of urgency because I dont have a work schedule and Greg's work schedule is more flexible. It feels good not to have to do something just because it is the only time we can do something.:))

And for Sharon and all the NIRDIs.

inspirationalquoteaboutchallenges.jpg

Hope everyone has a lovely Friday! Wow cannot believe it is Friday already.:wavey:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday lovelies

I :love: the sofa and chair @missy, they look very comfortable. We’re fortunate that none of our dogs have got on the furniture, although Waldo used to climb on the bed in the morning once Colin had got up :lol: As you can imagine, having such big dogs wouldn’t leave any room for us and guests if they did.

The dress suits you very well, and is rather nautical, so very appropriate for the beach house :D

:lol: to HRH surveying her beach kingdom and her ducky subjects.

You’re absolutely right, once you’re retired, things are certainly less ‘urgent’.

Any news on the rings @marcy, we’re all waiting with baited breath to see your latest sparklies? I suspect not quite as much as you, but we can live vicariously.

Nice to be appreciated and your bear looks like a Wilbur to be :mrgreen: Has he settled in to the pack without any problems ? :lol:

Thanks @canuk-gal Colin is coping well with all his dental work and glad to finally be able to get things done without resorting to drastic measures.

:dance:The good weather is here and expected to last for a few days, I hope it’s the same for you @Jimmianne

Hope Mr PB got back safely, and you enjoy your cinema outing this weekend @PierreBear

Dottie is still a bit dopey, but much brighter today, she was whimpering quite a bit yesterday afternoon, although she is rather a drama queen, so I don’t think she was in pain, just making us feel bad for putting her through it. I was particularly worried because our last dog Harry, died after going in to heart failure from too much anaesthetic. I know he was ill, but it was very traumatic losing him that way. When Dottie had her spleen removed, it was an emergency and our biggest worry was that they could get the tumour out before it ruptured and killed her. I didn’t get to sleep yesterday morning till nearly 3am and woke with a painful jaw from clenching, but she and I slept well last night, so all is well now.

It’s a holiday weekend here, so we get Monday off :lol: We’ve got no plans for the weekend, except to get out in the garden and continue the tidying up.

P

PierreBear

@junebug17 – Just to clarify, I’ve thought about buying cheap clothes to throwaway for a trip. However, I’m leaning towards bringing the items I don’t wear very often or are thinking about giving to Goodwill and just wearing it for the trip and throwing it away or donating it there. Thought it was a way to encourage me to get things out of the closet and just wanted to share. Appreciate your encouragement on the run. Short distance or long distance, running is still hard! Are you still keeping up with it now that you are in shape and trained up?! : ) Hope your DH’s ankle is still mending well.

@Austina – Hope Dottie is feeling better. Yes, bee caves area is lovely!

Sorry that Dottie was feeling a bit sad from the big event yesterday. Gosh, I didn’t realize that Harry passed from too much anesthesia. No wonder you were worried and I would have been too for Dottie! But she’s a trooper and glad she is sleeping well now. Enjoy the 3 day weekend with Colin!

@marcy – Awww congrats on the new teddy. So nice of her to give you something to show all the hard work is appreciated. Looks very soft and cuddly!

@missy – Oh my… it is hotter where you are than over here. Lots of rain today and a cold front is coming.

Yes, I remember now about the blood vessels. Well go away Schamberg’s disease! My friend needs to cycle when the weather is nicer!

Pretty sun dress! I love maxi dresses. Comfortable and flowy!

There is a big Restoration Hardware store that is new. There are floors upon floors of their furniture. The store does a great job of putting up a show room. Wow fabric that is scratch proof??!!! I can’t believe it?! Or I can’t imagine as I haven’t felt anything before that could endure some nails. I need something sneeze proof… my cat just leaves his snot and boogers everywhere. I’m serious… that guy sneezes like 20 times a day. : /

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Missy, I am still shocked that it hit mid 90’s there already. You could be in for a very hot summer. I completely understand why you love it at the beach house. Too cute HRH watching the ducks. I like your suggestions for the new Teddy. The only thing keeping me from retiring in money – if only I could get those winning lottery numbers. Your new dress is awesome; it is stylish and looks very comfortable. Plus it’s blue. I like the couch and chairs; they’d look great in your beach house. Very good point about how you react to what’s happening. That is so true. I am so glad you enjoy retirement; it sounds more and more appealing to me.

Austina, Marty ended up picking up my rings on his way through Denver. The brat was busy when I got home and I couldn’t find them anywhere. He said he put them up for Christmas. He finally came upstairs and got them out of his truck. He had them hid under some stuff in the back since he stopped a few places in Denver and didn’t want the bag showing. I am glad Dottie is better today and I understand why you’d be so stressed and worried. I hope your jaw didn’t hurt today. When I am stressed and trying to sleep I clench my hands and wake up with really sore joints. Enjoy your long weekend and pamper Dottie for us.

PierreBear, that new bear is very soft; I like that brand of stuffed animals. I need to figure out something to send the lady who gave it to me; I know she loves to garden so maybe something for that. Oh no that your cat sneezes so much. I wonder what he is allergic too.

I sure didn’t want to be at work today. Marty was coming home and I was anxious to get my rings. I called the jeweler 5 minutes after they opened and found out they hadn’t shipped yesterday because FedEx came before they were out of the shop. I asked them if it was okay for my husband to pick them up since he was in town so that worked out for me.

I met a friend for lunch so that broke up my day.

My rings are sparkly. I’m not convinced I love the RG band; it is pretty but a lot of bling for my taste. I don’t dislike it but it is different than anything else I have.

Have a great weekend.
Marcy
IMG_4506.JPG IMG_4513.JPG

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, both rings are beautiful. Let’s be fancy everyday! Raise the bar on the ordinary work day. (Although your work experiences sound less than ordinary). Did you name your bear? He looks kind and gentle, a real sweetheart.

Missy, I can’t believe your weather!!!

PB i solved my clothes issue by wearing layers on the plane that I really like that can be used on various combos at the destination and buying a few clothes at my destination...usually at H&M or the big food store. I don’t like to carry anything! The first three times I went to France, I left my suitcase full of clothes there, and once left my clothes and big purse in a bag on a street in Paris lol.
Now, I am not saying I look great! Basically I have two pair of tights, a couple of tunics and shirts, and a coat, and slip on black sneakers to wear for every event. By the end of a trip the shoes need replacing. I just carry a large purse and a rolling briefcase and buy all beauty products at the destination. Granted I now have a house, which I refer to as my closet, but I still don’t have much in the way of clothes.
I guess I’m a little proud of getting my system “down to a science”. I’m on my fifth rolling bag and thinking this last one is a keeper.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Glorious sunshine today :D

@marcy I think maybe you’re just not used to the blingyness of your new ring. I think it’s absolutely lovely, and I felt the same when I got mine, but a couple of days and I was so used to it :lol: my personal preference is always white metal for pink stones, but I think the Rose gold really suits the purple sapphire.

Marty is a stinker for trying to keep you and your precious rings apart :lol:

We don’t tend to take much to Adams, in fact Colin doesn’t take anything, he has all the clothes he needs there, but because I need my linen dresses for cruises, we do take one case, which invariably is full on the way home because of things we buy there :oops: Great that you can travel so light @Jimmianne I hope you’re enjoying this lovely weather there too.

I hope all the NIRDIs have a great weekend :wavey:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey there Nirdis!

Missy, love your new dress, so summery and comfortable, and looks great on you! Lovely pics of the water and the ducks, and I'm glad the kitties have something fun to look at. The furniture you are considering is beautiful and scratch resistant fabric sounds very intriguing :appl: So nice that you feel more relaxed now that you're retired.

Dh is traveling this week, so he's going to fly to SC on Friday and I'm going to meet him there and we'll spend a few days and then he'll go on his next trip and I'll fly home - so I'll be in SC on Mother's Day, and my kids will be off the hook lol. Looking forward to a mini-vacation!

Marcy, oh no to your employee acting up while you were gone :(2 Sorry to hear you're not totally happy with the job your new cleaning woman is doing and i hope you can somehow work it out with her. LOVE both your rings, the colors of the sapphires are gorgeous and I love both settings. :love::love::love:Give the rose gold setting a little time, you might get used to the extra bling. Lol to Marty saving them for Christmas :P2 Your new teddy is so cute, such a nice gesture, and it feels good to be appreciated once in a while.

Austina, poor Dottie, she's had a rough time of it and I'm sorry you've been stressed but I'm glad she's doing better and hopefully she'll be 100% very soon. Hope you make a lot of progress on the garden, and enjoy the weekend.

PB, ah, ok, I gotcha! Most of the stuff in my closet is either worn, dated, or doesn't fit so I wouldn't really want to wear any of it but it's a great idea for clothing that's still ok but you just don't want to hold on to. Glad the door is being taken care of and that it is an easy fix. I know what you mean, things like that are no big deal at first but it starts to bug you after a while. We have a pocket door in SC that is hard to slide in and out and I'd really like to get it fixed, hopefully it won't be a big production but I have a feeling it will be lol. Yes, I still run a few days a week! Not far but enough to feel I've gotten a bit of a workout. So glad your dh is back home, I hope you and he have a great weekend together!

Jimmianne, I'm impressed with how you've figured things out, and have been able to make your travel as easy as possible. And I'm so glad you're having a wonderful time in France!

I better get going, dh is golfing right now and it will be embarrassing if he gets home and I'm still in my pajamas haha. Oh, and his polyp was benign so that's a relief.

Have a great day everyone!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Thank you all for you kind words about my new rings. I took some pictures this morning. The lavender responds like most dark gemstones; it is hard to get a decent picture. The pink oval really shows the cursed bow tie effect in pictures. I am sure I’ll get used to the blingy RG ring; if not I’ll go back and trade it for a less flashy ring. Both sapphires look pure red in my UV light. 

Jimmianne, I would say my job is ordinary but what I deal with on a regular basis is not ordinary. I also take what that one guy tells me with a grain of salt because he does like to embellish his stores especially to make himself look better. You do have your travel and packing down to a science. I am so used to camping in the wilds of Wyoming that I forget generally you can go buy whatever you forget.

Austina, yeah for glorious sunshine today!!! It’s really nice here too. I agree that white metals and pink look good together. I have a pastel pink sapphire that is in YG and like that but probably only because it’s a light pink. It’s good to hear you got used to your new ring; since I swap out RHR all the time it will be nice to have different looks. Yes, Marty does think he is pretty funny. Good idea to pack light on cruises so you can fill your suitcases with treasures to bring home.

Junebug, that is great news about your DH’s test coming back negative. What aa relief. I can trade my ring in for another one inside 60 days with no problem. My cognac sapphire is in a similar ring size wise and I like it a lot; it doesn’t have as many diamonds in it though. The lavender sapphire can handle the competition though. I do really appreciate that lady sending me a teddy bear. Marty told me I should bring my new bear home because the rabbits would like variety in their entrees. I had to chuckle at you being in your PJ’s when your DH gets home from golf. That’s happened to me a few times that I am just goofing around or watching some movie and haven’t taken my shower and got dressed yet.

Marty is cleaning out his truck so I’d best go dust out my car. I think he washed my car first; it looks very clean and I doubt the rain did that good of a job cleaning it off.

I am thawing some sirloin steaks for dinner and need to get busy on laundry. Marty’s suitcase is in my way in the laundry room so I may as well unpack it and get that going.

Have a fabulous weekend.
Marcy

Here are a few more pictures - including the older versions of the pink and lavender sapphires that I traded in
PinkLav.jpeg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Appropriate for today

31946717_1870907419632845_2832173736461860864_n.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Gorgeous day--hit 21C. Did a 17Km cycle and I also went for a walk. The whole city was out and about--all of us beleaguered from the unusually cold and snowy winter.

My hip hurts tho. Hot water bottle to the rescue!

NIRDIs :wavey:

cheers--Sharon

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
June, good news about your DH!
You need pjs that look like regular daytime clothes.
That's one of my secrets for succesfully fooling the world, but I guess your DH might notice.

Sharon, finally great weather for you. You really made the most of it! Hip pain bedarned, a sign of an athlete for sure. Hope it's feeling better.

Austina, the weather is glorious here, about time, eh?

Marcy, I always enjoy your collages and was reminded this morning of that wonderful bag you made a while back with nirdi*bling :love:

On my Dd's advice (more like demand. She said hauling the big vac up two flights of narrow steps was an absolute pain) I bought a cordless Dyson.
Wow. It's terrific. When I get home I'm getting one for there too. I am all for anything that makes life easier.

Today is my third play date with a neighbor whom I met last summer and went out biking with a couple of times. (We are simpatico, which is awesome)
After heading for a a big antiques flea market we are coming back here where we have an appointment to get into the new house so I can show him around.
Then it's back to painting the kitchen, you know, the exciting part of the day.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Hope you all had a wonderful cinco de mayo.:appl:

@junebug17 Junie BEST news! So relieved and happy for you guys that it was benign! :appl:Hope you had a wonderful time out last night at dinner and your Mother's Day plans sound perfect. How is your dh's ankle? All better I hope.

@Austina yay for having Monday off though I thought you have every day off from a formal job that is.:sun: Glad Dottie is doing better and feeling brighter. Poor dear. She is a sensitive soul. (((Hugs))).

@marcy :kiss2: wowza love your new rings. Purplelicious. See how you feel about the blingier band. It might grow on you. If not I am always more than happy to accept bling gifts.:P2 And I have one word for you. No make that two. YES RETIRE. Make that three. NOW.:lol: LOVE your photo collage.

@Jimmianne how clever wearing layers to diminish your travel load. Love that.

@PierreBear haha yes my kitties can sneeze pretty powerfully too. Snotty they are.:lol: OH we love our snotty scratchy destructive fur babies don't we:P2
How is your sweetie doing? Feeling all better I hope. Hope you're having a lovely weekend.

Hi @Tekate! Please stop by and say hey and join in if you feel like it. We would love you to hang out with us if you wanted to. (((HUGS))).

@canuk-gal yes to cycling. So glad you had a good ride.
bikebikebike.gif
I hope your hip is feeling all better.

Speaking of which yesterday was our first cycling expedition of the spring and it was wonderful! Perfect weather for me in the 60s slightly sunny and partly cloudy (which I preferred as the cloud cover is protective for me somewhat) and just a lovely East wind. I know these are rare conditions so we took advantage of it and enjoyed (probably too long for our very first ride of the year and I am feeling it a bit now) a long cycling adventure by the sea. It was an Amazing day. I remember why I love cycling by the ocean so much. Feeling free and happy and peaceful. Like the birds below.

missyandgregmay2018cycling.jpg

Not sure what is on the agenda today. It is rainy and cool. BUT we decided (thank you retirement) to stay for the week. We have to go back by next weekend as we are doing Mother's day at my sister's house in Long Island next Saturday. But since the weather looks great Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday (fingers crossed) we decided to stay. Greg will go in to work tomorrow via ferry and also check on our apartment as I was expecting some deliveries and then he will return to the beach. So hoping we can get some cycling in this upcoming week. Yay for retirement and not having work dictate my schedule.

Friday we bought curtains for the new kitchen and Greg is putting them up now. He has to cut and sew and drill. Some of his favorite things especially the drilling.:lol: He loves making a creative mess. Cannot wait to see how it looks as it is an experiment. I never had curtains in the kitchen before so hope it looks good. I didn't want blinds. With our new big windows I need something at night for privacy in the kitchen.

I forgot to say last weekend I bought a Prada handbag (sorry no photos and it's in Brooklyn). It's adorable. And I am now looking for a Chanel crossbody but wondering what your favorite bags are. I dont have any high end pocketbooks and would like to have one now but not sure what a good brand is. I am guessing Chanel is good quality but any other recs? My only requirement is it be a crossbody as those are the only bags I find comfortable. And for it not to be heavy weight.

Some photos of the birds playing outside today.

birdssoaring.jpeg

And some news. Our neighbors at the beach finally sold their house. So we are getting new neighbors. Sure hope they are respectful and quiet. Fingers crossed!

Have a wonderful Sunday girls. XOXO.:kiss:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

Missy, woo-hoo to getting back to cycling! :appl: Must have felt great after such a long and cold winter. I agree about the cloud cover and I honestly don't mind cloudy summer days, definitely keeps the temp a little cooler. Love the pic, you and Greg look great. Yes, here's hoping your new neighbors are low key and nice. Hope you like how the curtains look too. Thanks for the support for dh, I was pretty sure he was going to be ok but otoh you never know. His ankle is much better too, still a bit swollen but much improved - the abrasion isn't bothering him anymore either; we were getting concerned it might be infected.

I can't be too much help with purses - I'm the type that uses the same bag for a long time - I buy Coach bags (ones without a C) and they hold up well for me. I have two - a brown one for winter and a white one for summer.:P2

Marcy, love your collage!!! :love: Such beautiful colors, so vibrant and rich. It's great you have so much time to decide on the setting. Your eyes just might adjust to it. When I first got my halo setting I thought, "I don't think I can wear this thing " - Now it looks downright dainty to me haha. Love Cinco de Mayo Snoopy, so cute! Thanks for the kind words about dh, it was bothering me a bit the whole week so it's nice to know for sure.

Sharon, how great the weather is good and you can finally enjoy some walking and cycling. Sorry about the sore hip though, and I hope it feels better soon.

Austina, thanks for your comment about dh! I hope your gardening is going well.

Just the usual Sunday around here - doing some food prep for the week and watching golf!

Enjoy your Sunday everyone!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results