carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

:clap: Well done to your niece @missy, from what you’ve said before, they both seem like sweet, thoughtful girls and will grow up into sweet thoughtful adults.

Oh no to the store closing, a sign of the times, with commercial rents being so high. :(2

:love: The parasol, purple is my favourite colour :D Have a great day.

:dance:To spring arriving at last @marcy, long may it continue. Sorry you won’t be going bling shopping today, just means more to spend when you do go (assuming you don’t splurge on a little something today :mrgreen2: )

Glad you had a good day off to get away from all the stresses at work, and had managed to get the garage door sorted out. Lots going on in June :lol:

Everything crossed that DH’s polyp comes back all clear @junebug17 good job he went when he did. Do you still have the feathered visitors?

Good luck to Mr PB on his cycling event @PierreBear .

Just finished prepping all the food for dinner tonight, we have friends coming. It’s so cold today that Colin has laid the fire ready to light it later :rolleyes:

Have a lovely weekend NRIDIs :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Girls I’m so excited! I just got tickets to Hello Dolly with Bette Milder in July. She’s returning for 6 weeks before the show closes and woohoo I was able to get first row aisle balcony. For a song. Very much looking forward to seeing her. Bernadette Peters was awesome as was her costar Victor I forget his last name and I can’t wait now to see the Divine Miss M and David Hyde Pierce. Love them both. Can you tell I’m excited? Poor Greg though. We’re seeing yet another musical the week after. My Fair Lady. I think he’ll enjoy them though. He very much enjoyed Hello Dolly when we went a few months ago.

Austina I’m happy to lend you my purple parasol when you visit. I will try to remember to bring it back to nyc when we are meeting. Enjoy your friends this evening and enjoy your fire too. Before we know it we will be sweating lots. Ahh the joys of weather. Wait a moment and it will change. Enjoy the weekend!:wavey: And please hug Dottie for me. :kiss2:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

First bike ride of the season is today! YAY! It is supposed to be 26C so double YAY! We plan on a great lunch out after we cycle, too. So all in all a good fun day.

PierreB--I read your post about your cooking class and the found hair; what I admired was your complete sense of honesty. I don't know one in a hundred people who would have admitted that openly; most would have said Oh I aced my surprise box test! You really are a peach!

Hello to all NIRDI's:wavey: near and far. Keep well!

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs! Happy Saturday.

Missy, I love the Snoopy on the bike photo. It’s very cute. I did not pick up any gold hoops yesterday. I had the perfect size pair for me and I lost one of them and to this day I haven’t found a similar pair. Your new purple parasol is very pretty. How fun to go for a walk with that. Oh no that your favorite health food store is closing the doors. They’ve been in business for a long time; I think it’s harder all the time for a family business to stay open. Congratulations to your niece and her teammates. That is pretty exciting. I can’t believe it got in the 90’s there already. That is awesome you scored reasonable tickets for Hello Dolly this summer.

Austina, I may take a day off this coming week and head to Denver. It’s getting too close to Mother’s Day, graduations and weddings. Plus I enjoyed NOT working on Friday. How was dinner last night with your friends? What was your menu?

Sharon, that’s great you got to go on your first bike ride of the season. It’s warming up everywhere.

I did more work today than yesterday but still didn’t do much. I made it down to meet my dad’s buddies for coffee break this morning. Then I picked up groceries and started on laundry. Marty had a friend come over for strength training - he at least didn’t block my spot in the garage.

I’ve just been watching TV today so I am getting kind of bored. I need to start another book.

Laters,
Marcy

I sent this to Missy earlier
upload_2018-4-28_19-18-23.png

Here is my niece's new wedding set. I think her diamond is a 1/3 carat.
upload_2018-4-28_19-19-17.png

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Nirdis!

Missy, that is such a cute pic of Snoopy! And lol to pain in the butt :P2 Thanks for the good wishes for dh. Your purple parasol is so pretty, what a lovely color. Very sad about the health food store closing after so many years, I know you'll miss it a lot. The smaller stores just can't compete with the large chains, and I guess internet sales are a factor too. Congratulations to your precious and talented niece, what a great accomplishment! And great news about getting tickets for Hello Dolly with Bette Midler, it's going to be a fantastic show.

Marcy, lol to kitty bags! Glad you and Marty had a nice lunch. Sorry you didn't make it to Denver this weekend, and going during the week sounds like a great idea. Our anniversary is June 9, it will be our 34th. It's great the door is taken care of, will be nice not to have to worry about it anymore. Your niece's new wedding set is beautiful! She must be thrilled.

Sharon, yay to warm weather and the first bike ride of the season! Hope you had a great lunch too, sounds like a fun day.

Austina, there is one chicken still around, I'm worried about what happened to the other one. The owner isn't returning my calls. Sorry about the cold weather, I hope it warms up soon. Having friends over for dinner sounds nice, hope you had a great time.

Didn't do a whole lot today, ran a few errands, did some laundry, and went out to eat with dh and ds.

Have a good night everyone!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls and happy Sunday!

Marcy what a beautiful ring.:love: I really love it. Please tell your niece we say congratulations.:appl: And YES take another day off next week and go to Denver bling shopping. We are seriously considering going to the beach house early for a long weekend starting Wednesday. Weather will be in the high 80s/low 90s however so if it is too hot I don't know what I want to do. Man I cannot take the cold and I cannot take the heat. I am temperature intolerant to the extreme for sure. Gotta deal with it though and perhaps central AC at the beach house is the way to go. And as an added plus it is supposed to be (fingers crossed) nice next weekend. So pleased you got to meet with your dad's buddies for coffee yesterday morning. Nice and I know your dad would be so happy that you were still keeping in contact with his friends. Love that Snoopy bike photo. Precious.:love:

Junie more good wishes and healing dust to your dh. Glad you got to enjoy your dh and ds and went out to eat yesterday. And good for you accomplishing weekend chores. You and Marcy rock. I am so lazy.

Sharon how was your first bike ride of the season? Please share as I am living vicariously through you right now. The ride plus a good lunch sounds like lots of fun and I hope you all had a blast.:appl:

We had a lovely Saturday. The weather was PERFECT for me. Mid 50s and sunny though a bit windy I will take it.:sun: We visited a few neighborhoods and did a lot of walking plus visited some cutie pies at the rescue center. All in all a perfect Spring day.

missyparasolspringday.jpg

The air was fresh and fragrant with the Spring flowers and it was truly a glorious day. When the weather is like that I feel so good. I think I really need to consider moving to @LLJsmom neck of the woods where the weather is always lovely. What do you say LLJ? Can you start house shopping for us? Need to be near some type of water. Bay works for us and would like to be in a NO earthquake/mudslide/fire zone. All for under 2.5M. Can we make that happen?:pray::lol: Pretty please? XOXO.:kiss2:

Have a wonderful Sunday ladies and (((HUGS))).:wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Missy--our bike ride was fabu! It was hot and sunny and was great to smell the grass and trees on our ride. our lunch was great--but we didn't sit out on the patio given I did not bring my sun hat and most of the tables didn't have an umbrella. But the place was packed!!!!! My DH even went for another walk after supper by the water--but I have been walking all week with friends and my hip was giving me grief so I stayed behind and ate popcorn. :P2

When are you getting your bikes out?

Today is pants so I'll do errands and such. Our painter is back tomorrow and I should buy the lights but don't feel like. Next week as I don't have any shifts booked.

JuneB--feathery friends still hanging about? Your neighbors sounds like a bit of a NW to have chickens and not tend to them.sad :((

I might go out and look at pearl earrings today--no one answered my thread in pearls, guess I'll just have to go it on my own!

Shout out to all the NIDRI's.:wavey:

cheers--Sharon

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy you are soooo teasing me! $2.5MM is doable, but prob not Pacific Ocean in your back yard type. Maybe across the street? I wil start perusing. But SF Bay Area properties that near water are kinda colder, often 50s and 60s, not 80s and 90s. You would need to go to southern Ca for that.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Junebug, that jewelry store is less busy during the week so I hope it works out I can venture down there this week. If I don’t spend the money I’ve been saving Marty might beat me to it. That’s great you’ll be celebrating 34 years of married in June. Are you doing anything special. Thank you, I think my niece will enjoy her new wedding set. I hope the chicken is okay but it’s pretty poor your neighbor isn’t more attentive to his chickens.

Missy, thank you, I will tell my niece she got the diamond forum’s seal of approval. She is the DIL to my sister who has been making all the sapphire jewelry so she has some sapphire studs and a sapphire RHR so I think that is what inspired her to go with sapphire accents on a new ring. I am right there with you on tolerating heat and cold; people tell me I have a tolerance of 1 degree - everything else is too hot or too cold. A long weekend at the beach house would be nice. Central Air would be nice to have there. I am glad I keep in touch with my dad’s buddies, they seem to enjoy I think of them and it’s good for me to share a few memories. I love the picture of you with your parasol and tree in bloom, what a lovely spring day. You could be a model - it’s the perfect picture.

Sharon, that’s great your bike ride was fabulous. I hope your hip is feeling better. Setting out on the patio sounds really nice. i hope you find the perfect pearl earrings. Have fun shopping.

LLJsmom, being by the ocean there is definitely chilly. When we were at Pebble Beach I was freezing whenever we were near the ocean, you get away from it and out in the sunshine then it gets really warm. I used a jacket, a blanket and gloves in the golf cart and was still cold.

We slept in today. How nice for a change. I am washing sheets and towels today but being lazy other than that. I have potatoes baking in the oven and need to ping Marty to get up here and start the grill soon. He disappeared to the man cave when he got bored with my TV selection.

Have a great day.
Marcy

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Woohoo to getting tickets for Hello Dolly @missy. I love David Hyde Pierce, he was fantastic in Frasier. We’ve recently rewatched the whole show from start to finish, and it’s just as clever and funny as it was first time round.

You look so stylish with your parasol, and YES to a long weekend at the beach house, it’ll be great to finally enjoy your beautiful new kitchen.

:dance: To being able to get out bike riding @canuk-gal and I hope you find your perfect pearl earrings - the perfect accessory, they go with everything.

We are certainly bucking the norm @junebug17 , what a bunch of old married ladies we are :lol: I hope the other chicken is ok, I wonder where it is :(2?

What a pretty ring your niece has @marcy, I love the swirly design of it and it really maximises her central diamond. YES to bling shopping this week and a day off, you so deserve it.

Last nights menu was, a choice of soup or avocado and prawns as a starter, chicken fillet pan fried in lemon butter and capers, served with potato gratin, carrots, green beans, asparagus and mini corns, followed by cherry tart and custard :D

Hi @LLJsmom hope all is well with you.

I hope Mr PB’s bike ride went well today @PierreBear .

We’ve had a fairly lazy day today, just took Dottie out and met another Spin called Otti. :D

:wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Austina, Frasier is one of my favorite series. Those brothers and their bickering are always entertaining and then Roz, Martin, Daphne and Eddie just add to the fun. Thank you, I am anxious to see my niece's ring in person; I really like swirl and bypass rings yet I don't have many of them. Your dinner sounds really good but of course the cherry tart and custard is what really got my attention. I love cherry anything. That's nice Dottie got to meet Otti.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

@missy you are soooo teasing me! $2.5MM is doable, but prob not Pacific Ocean in your back yard type. Maybe across the street? I wil start perusing. But SF Bay Area properties that near water are kinda colder, often 50s and 60s, not 80s and 90s. You would need to go to southern Ca for that.

LLJsmom, I prefer the 50s/60s/70s so SF Bay area (that way I get to enjoy my jackets and boots during part of the year and I love sweater weather without the literal sweater wearing as I am not a sweater person haha) or somewhere similar I think. I would like to have a body of water in the backyard. Is a property on the bay doable? Thank you for looking for us! Not teasing if we can find the right property at a price we can afford. I am just looking now but if just the right house in the right area is available within the budget...And we would need 4 bedrooms so we can have guests stay and have an office for dh and an exercise room for me. Oh and I don't know if this is possible but are there walking neighborhoods because I would love to be close to one of those if possible. Thank you and (((Hugs))).

Junie woohoo 34 years in June. How wonderful.:appl: Remind me please what is on your bling wish list please and do you already have plans for the anniversary? Hope the chicken is OK. It's going to be a summer week here Junie. Are you doing anything to take advantage of the weather? Hope you enjoyed a wonderful weekend.

Sharon so pleased you enjoyed a lovely day and bike ride. Perfect sunny weather for you. Hopefully we will get our bike out soon. Love that expression "pants" and Lorelei explained to me what that means. Our weather is pants too and will hit 90 Wed. :o Too hot for me. Give me the temperate climate and mild temps. Oh well. Did you find any pearl earrings yesterday? Sorry I missed your thread though I am not a pearl expert so not sure I could have helped. I will look for it after though and see what your questions were. I love pearl dangles.

Marcy I hope you get to that jewelry store before the money disappears haha that sticky fingered Marty. Better get there and get what you want while you can. LOL. Thanks for the compliment on the parasol photo. We took another yesterday with my newest purple parasol. Glad you got to sleep in yesterday and that your chores were completed this weekend and dinner sounded yummy. I love potatoes. And like you I pretty much enjoy Cherry anything. We have good taste even if I say so myself. Sapphires and cherries oh my.

Austina I love Frasier though ever since I realized what a Cad Kelsey Grammar is the show lost a bit for me but I have recently started watching reruns late at night in bed and it is very funny and you are right-it holds up through the decades. Nice that Dottie got to meet another Spin and love his name too. Ottie and Dottie :kiss2: there is a poem in there somewhere.:P2

PierreBear how did the race go and how was the rest of your weekend?

We had a good day yesterday. Goldie got adopted woohoo. Happy life sweet kitty. We walked over 6 miles again yesterday afternoon the weather was so lovely and I found a few vintage jackets at some of our favorite vintage stores. Score. Visited a community garden and just strolled the other main drag of our neighborhood. I so love our neighborhood. Great people (similarly politically minded all liberal socially), great walking neighborhood and great shops etc. OK enough chitter chatter and I took some photos for y'all.

greggarden.jpg

In front of the Brooklyn Mural and purple for Austina

missymural.jpg

and one of my vintage jacket finds yesterday. A good neutral for spring and summer.

vintagejacketsidefrontback.jpg

also found a vintage blue jean jacket (glad about this as my other vintage jean jacket is now too tight and I have been missing wearing it) and a dark moto jean jacket that Greg needs to alter so I cleaned up yesterday on our walk.:halo:

That's it. Getting ready to see the endocrinologist this AM. Have a good morning girls and maybe see you later.:wavey:

Oh and because I was slow to put away the clean laundry Tommy made himself at home there. Hahaha if there is a spot that is new our Tommy will find it and promptly make it his. What a sweet darling.:kiss2:

tommyinlaundrycart.jpg tommyinlaundrycart.jpeg

Enjoy the day girls!

P

PierreBear

Good morning and looks like everyone had a great weekend! Thanks for asking about DH’s bike ride. The ride went well and it was much easier than last year since there was 4 riders doing the 150 mile bike ride instead of 2. They also had a tail wind (wind was helping them move faster than going against their efforts) so their entire ride time was faster by 2 hours. We volunteered at the finish line and it was a bit of a chaotic storm! They usually end up downtown but this time it was at Circuit of Americas race track. Parking was a pain and the riders either could wait for the shuttle (1 hour wait… it was ridiculous) to get back to the parking lot or walk up this huuuugeee hill with bikes and other things they were carrying. The overall response was that the finish area was anti-climatic and not organized well, which is a shame since all the riders will probably be thinking about the ending more than the entire bike ride. However, everyone got back safely and we made sure they were well fed and hydrated before they traveled on home. Ok hope ya’ll have a great week! It’s still mysterious box challenging cooking today but I’m not testing and will get to support the other students. So I’ll sit back and be a helper and get to enjoy the show!

@junebug17 – Hope your DH’s ankle is getting better. Good results on the colonoscopy as well?

@Austina – Hurray that Colin has been happy with the dental work. Yummm to that French onion soup. I haven’t made it again since that last time you inspired me. I’ll have to put it on my cooking list to practice again.

Hope you had fun with your friends for dinner. What did you serve up? I bet it was delicious and so elegantly displayed in your beautiful kitchen.

@marcy – Oh wow, so windy that the weather stripping comes up on the garage…. Glad that the repairman is going to put a permanent fix on it and not worry about it.

How talented of your nephew’s wife to make miniatures in clay. Very interesting hobby. I wonder how she got into that type of craft. Does she also make pottery?

27 years of marriage in June… Amazing!

Did you help your niece pick out her wedding set? I see the beautiful sapphire influence! So neat that the band fits flush together like that… will it be soldered together?

@missy – Beautiful parasol. I love the color and the pattern on the edges.

Bummer to hear that your local health store is closing. Sad to hear that mom and pop stores are being run out of business. Where will you pick up Brazil nuts now? Not sure if I had brazil nuts before. Did you snack on them or use them in a recipe?

Congrats to your niece and her teammates on first place!

Glad you are excited to see Hello Dotty. Oh speaking of shows/musicals/concerts… what do you think of the Hamilton Musical? They are coming to town but the tickets are $400 at least?! I think the most I’ve ever paid for tickets for any show was in the $100 range… Maybe it will be less popular over time and then I’ll watch it then?

@canuk-gal – Good job on your bike ride. Do you tandem ride like Missy or road bike/mountain bike?

Appreciate your kind words about being open about life events. On facebook and other social media sites, it is true that only positive things are more openly shared. I guess I feel too comfortable with ya’ll that I can’t be anything other than myself. So you get the good, bad, and the ugly sometime. : )

Good luck pearl shopping. Find anything to your liking?

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy great that you got tickets! I read about that and wondered if you would try to see Bette. Wow and whoo hoo!!

Marcy I love that wedding set. It is very beautiful

Dottie and Otti!? That's fun, Austina.
By the way...Does Dottie has her own closet for her scarf collection?

Scandi I hope you will be posting more photos as you settle in to the new space.

All is well here. Hugs to you dear women!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Yay to Mr PB finishing the race @PierreBear - a whole 2 hours earlier, WOW :-o Glad everyone got back safely.

Have fun tonight watching the others complete their mystery box challenge.
Our menu was a choice of soup or avocado and prawns, followed by chicken fillet pan fried in lemon butter and capers, with potato gratin, green beans, mini corn, carrots and asparagus, followed by cherry tart and custard. :lickout:

Glad everything is well with you @Jimmianne Is it cold there, it’s been blooming freezing here?

Good news about Goldie, hope she has a fantastic new home @missy :dance:
:lol: at Tommy finding a nice clean pile of laundry to snuggle in to.

Great finds at the vintage shop.

I hope your appt at the endocrinologist went well this morning, did he have anything new to suggest?

Are you seriously considering a move to the west coast? Wow, that’ll be a huge change for you.

I hope you’ve had a good day at work @marcy, and the children behaved themselves, no tantrums, or throwing a strop as we call it :lol:

It’s cold here, and was raining this morning, so Colin took Dottie out by himself, while I got on with the laundry.

That was the excitement for the day this side of the Atlantic :mrgreen:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Austina it's freezing cold and raining, 4 degrees tonight, probably about the same as you?
Still beautiful though so no complaints.
But I think the flowers might like a little sunshine!
How fun to think you are sort of close by...
At least compared to before lol

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Missy, ooh thinking of moving to the Bay area, huh? It is so pretty out there. Aw yes Lorelei taught me about pants too; it looks like we are going to have plants weather tonight. You look quite stylish with your parasols; good deal it blocks UV rays too. I didn’t sleep so well last night since Marty got up about 3:30 to leave for the airport. It was a short night. Cherries and sapphires; we do have good taste. That is awesome news to hear Goldie got adopted. That’s a great jacket; good find. Hi Tommy. He looks quite comfy. I hope your appointment went well.

PierreBearr, congratulations to your DH finishing the bike ride with a faster time. Woo hoo to a tail wind. I hate to hear getting everyone back to the parking lot was so disorganized. My niece is awesome at her clay miniatures. She teaches classes at Hobby Lobby and for a craft store in Denver. She’s been featured in a few clay magazines and does well with a store on Esty. He does a lot of cottages and cats. I’ll find a few pictures and post them. My other niece picked her wedding set all by herself. I think she did good. I don’t know if she’ll put her rings together or not.

Jimmianne, glad to hear all is well there. Your pictures are so pretty. That sounds very cold there. Stay warm. Does your house have a fireplace?

Austina, my kids did behave themselves today. The one girl who frequently makes snippy comments started to say something but stopped. Smart girl! We are getting cold, chilly weather for a few days. Thunderstorms are back.

I am fading fast tonight after waking up at 3:30 this morning. I did fall asleep again but not for long. Work seemed to last forever since I knew come 5 pm I was off for 2 days. I am so excited.

Have a great evening.
Marcy

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls!

Missy, central AC at the beach sounds good for the hot weather coming up. I'll probably just stay inside during those hot days. Great pics of you and Greg, your parasols look so pretty. Nice find on the denim jacket, looks really good on you. Fantastic news about Goldie being adopted, I'm jso happy about that. Such a sweet pic of Tommy, I showed Zoe and she says he's very cute lol! I haven't seen any more chickens; I can't see the coop from my house and I'm hoping the owner rounded them up. I hope your doctor's appointment went well today. Wow, sounds like you are considering a move; a more temperate climate is definitely very tempting. And as shocking as this sounds, I don't have any burning desire for a specific piece of bling right now - but give me time, I'm sure that will change ha.

PB, glad your dh did well with the bike ride and congrats to him for finishing so early. I didn't realize it was 150 miles, that's really amazing. I hope he's feeling ok. Too bad it was a bit disorganized, that takes away from the experience. Thanks for asking about dh - his ankle is heading in the right direction but still swollen. He had a polyp removed and has to call in a few days for the results. It's always something I guess. Nice that the pressure is off for your class and you can relax a little now.

Jimmianne, glad to hear all is well in France, stay warm!

Marcy, sweet that you have 2 days off, what a nice break. It's great your employee caught herself, maybe she's finally getting it - one can only hope. Sorry you woke up so early and couldn't fall back to sleep, that happens to me too and I just hate it.

Austina, the meal you made for your guests sounds absolutely delicious. At this point I'm hoping the owner has finally gathered up his chickens. How nice Dottie made a friend, Dottie and Ottie, so cute!

Sharon, good idea to rest your hip a little and I hope it's feeling better. Sounds like you have some time off this week so good luck getting a few things done, but I also hope you relax a little too. Yes, this whole situation with the owner of these chickens has been frustrating. I love the look of pearl studs and I hope you find a pair you like soon.

Not much going on today - will get my car washed and then work on my closet for a while - and I'm going to force myself to take the clothes to a clothing bin. That's the hardest part for me! Have a good day everyone.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Junie yay Zoe and Tommy sitting in a tree MEOW ING.
1237347t680xm00ub.gif

Yes to AC and well not sure about the move just exploring options. I have long desired a more temperate climate and even my dermatologist David said the extreme temps wreak havoc on me and my immune system. But a move may not be practical we will see. Plus then Tommy and Zoe would have a longer distance relationship and Tommy told me he would not not be pleased about that. Goodness gracious dear Junie not thinking about bling? Are you OK? I will be right over.
console2.gif
(((HUGS))).

PB so glad your dh's ride went well. Tail winds rock. So I guess it was a one way race and they didn't have to turn and get a head wind. That is always our problem. Usually if we are fortunate enough to have a tail wind we have just as stiff (or worse as the day goes on the wind tends to pick up) head wind on the return ride home. Haha what can you do. Anyway congrats and yay to your dh and I hope your mystery box challenge continues to go well.
1578512basiuatr3h.gif

As far as Hamilton tickets go perhaps I am not the best one to ask as one of the NIRDIs really loved the show. I OTOH cannot rationalize (for us) paying exorbitant ticket prices (for us) for that show. Here it is more than $400 at least for the seats I want and while I don't mind paying near $400 for a show I really want to see I don't really have that passion for Hamilton. Of course if I saw it I might be like WOW what was I waiting for because it's one of those things you probably have to see for yourself to know if it was worth it. I have had friends who disliked it but friends who have loved it so there ya go. Sorry no help whatsoever.:P2

I can get Brazil nuts many places. Whole Foods, Fairway, Trader Joes etc. I was reading an interesting link saying that Brazil nuts vary with the amount of Selenium they contain depending on how they are harvested and that is why this doctor recommends Selenium supplements. OMG I am taking a million supplements and meds as it is so will probably continue for now with the Brazil nuts and hope for the best.

How is work going?

Jimmianne thank you! I wish you were joining us but next time. How beautiful it is where you are. Breathtaking scenery. How is everything going? Looking forward to hearing happy updates. (((Hugs))).

Austina thank you. Yes sometimes I can find really great vintage clothing. It's harder now as the more upscale shops in our neighborhood have gone out of business sadly. I got a few formal black tie dresses from some of those shops. TDF.

Your menu was fantastic and sounds out of this world scrumptious.:lickout: Especially that cherry tart and custard. OMGoooooood.

Doctor's appointment went fine thanks for asking. He added DHEA cream to help my low adrenals and wanted to add Pregnenolone too but I explained I react badly to hormones like those so right now we compromised and I will first start the DHEA and see how I do. I could never tolerate BC pills as they made me terribly sick so hoping for not a repeat of that. He also agreed to wait before increasing my dose of Thyroid hormone though after questioning Greg about my symptoms he really wanted to. I am just much more conservative and at this point in time I want to give the 120 mg dose of thyroid hormone I am on more of a chance. I feel OK besides a few obvious issues that I am not convinced are thyroid related. But all in all a decent appointment and I felt better about everything because he seemed more reasonable this go around and very tuned into my symptoms.

Sharon how goes it in the pearl shopping department? I forgot to look for your pearl thread. OMG my memory sucks. I will search for it as soon as I finish this post.

Marcy thank you. I explained the doctor appointment above. Haha yes our weather is truly pants and I am already sweating this morning.
We share pants weather in common too.
pants.gif
Thank you for all your good cheer and also forgot to say STANLEY got ADOPTED too!!!!
woohoo001.gif

Glad your "kids" behaved themselves yesterday.
Sorry you woke up at 330AM yesterday and hope you slept better last night.

I am thinking about it as weather plays a big role in my feeling of well being and mood. However I am not sure it will be possible so just exploring options for now. I also love the Northwest but again I need a few things that may or may not be possible if we consider a move. Researching and exploring all options for now. And it is fun to dream no matter what and really the way we got our current beach house was because of me dreaming. No way did we think we could get such a gorgeous house on the water so close to the city. That was a dream that materialized because I dared to dream it so same thing here. One never knows and never say never. And one day at a time. A few of my mottos. I am full of them. Better than being full of it.:lol:
1237397y6kr97ild4.gif

Have a wonderful Tuesday girls!

slider_grouphugg.gif

P

PierreBear

Good morning! All the students did great on the mystery box challenge. It was all guys cooking and there was the utilization of the grill. I laugh… but they are really good at grilling! I stayed away from that type of cookery though. : ) Only one more class and it’s just the written exam and I’m not worried about it.

Can’t believe it is May now…. We are supposed to be having a lot of rain this week. Think we need it over here. It looks pretty barren. However, it makes training hard. Supposed to do 18 miles this weekend to train for this race. Aiyayaya… hopefully it won’t be in the rain or I’ll use an excuse to skip and do something shorter but will pay for it later. Ok enough jibber jabber for me… Hope ya’ll have a great day!

@Austina – Oh my your menu…. You are an amazing cook and hostess. I’m salivating over here and it’s only 8:30 in the morning. Two options for dessert?!!! Lucky Colin and friends!

@marcy – Oh wow so awesome to hear about her clay craft. I bet if I tried to make something, it will look like a 5 year old did it. Have you ever made one before yourself?

Hope you get some rest. 3:30 in the morning is too early to rise and shine.

@junebug17 – Fingers cross that the polyp is benign and results are good. Is he in pain?

Yay to spring cleaning and getting rid of some clothes. I know it’s hard to do and I thought of another way to encourage myself to purge a few things here and there. We are doing some international travel later on in the year. I told myself that I’ll pick a few “throw away items” and wear it on the trip so if it gets dirtied or ruined then no worries. Just wanted to share in case it can be helpful to you too.

@missy – Thanks for asking about the race. Well the formal charity ride is from Houston to Austin (day 2 and day 3). They made up their own “day 1” event and rode from Austin to Houston in one day.

Hahaha no worries on Hamilton. I’m just curious what the hype is about but I think my threshold is $100 per ticket. I like musicals and shows but not with enough passion like other people I know who can sing along or know all the words. I just like it for the date night. : )

Yumm enjoy those Brazil nuts!

Work is going well. Still wrapping up with the auditors but at least they aren’t on-site anymore. Part time job is going well all things considered. Some small things I hope would be different but nothing severe enough to keep me up at night. Appreciate you asking. Are you still enjoying the retirement life?

Hmmm can you come explore over here so we can do a in-person hug? When it’s super cold and you want to sweat it all out, come on down! : )

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

What a difference, yesterday winter, and today, definitely feels summery.

Glad to hear work is going well @PierreBear and it sounds like you’re coping really well with the second job. 18 miles of running :shock: be careful if it’s wet.

Adam’s friends won’t be too pleased if it’s raining, they arrive in Austin today for a week. Adam’s in LV at a conference, back tomorrow morning, so Kim will go and pick them up at the airport.

When are going on your trip, do you have the dates fixed yet?

How lovely that sweet Stanley has a new home too @missy. It sounds like the appt went well, and you certainly sound more upbeat this time. Everything crossed the new cream brings about some positive results. There’s certainly no harm in exploring every avenue where your health in concerned, even if that means a move.

You’ll get drummed out of the bling babes corps with that attitude @junebug17 :lol: Get your thinking cap on, there has to be something you want :mrgreen2:

I had a big clearout last week, took lots of clothes to the charity shop, which of course means I have room for a few more things :oops:

I hope you had a restful night last night @marcy, and enjoyed your day off today. Did you do anything, or are you saving that for tomorrow?

Hi @Jimmianne , we’re only a train ride away if you want to pop over, you’ll be most welcome if you want to visit. How’re things going with the house sale, when will you take possession?

I went and got more plants this afternoon and planted up all my tubs. I’m going to have to ask a neighbour to water them when we’re away in June and July, otherwise I’ll lose them.

I can’t believe we’re already in to May either, but there’s lots to look forward to, so bring it on :dance:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Junebug, I’d be staying inside the with the AC too. When we were in SC that heat and humidity was too much for this Wyoming girl. I felt slimy and sticky. I hope your DH’s ankle gets better. Sometimes sprains can take longer to heal than broken bones. I would like to believe that lady is learning to keep her nasty comments to herself. I hate that when I can’t go back to sleep; if you are like me I start thinking about something and just can’t fall asleep again. My car got washed with a lot of rain so I am sure your car is cleaner than mine. Did you tackle your closet? I need to do that myself.

Missy, that is crazy on the difference in Selenium in Brazil nuts dependent on how they were harvested. I hope the DHEA cream helps. I’m with you on BC pills, I was only able to handed them for about 4 days they made me horribly ill. It sounds like your appointment went pretty well and the doctor really listened to you. Good deal. It is definitely pants here today. I can hear it raining pretty hard right now. Woo hoo that Stanley got adopted too. I am so happy to hear that. Definitely never say never and how wonderful your dream of a great beach house close to the city came true. Looking for another beach front property in a more moderate and even climate sounds like a good idea to explore. It’s fun to see what’s out there whether you ever move or not.

PierreBear, that is funny the guys all grilled. I can’t believe your class is almost over for the semester but then again it is May. You’ll ace your test. I hope you can get in your training this weekend. We usually get our rain in the afternoon and evening here so hopefully your weather patterns are similar and you can get out in the morning. I bet your clay projects would turn out better than mine. My sister does go take my niece’s classes at Michaels; I might try one in the summer. They are Monday night and go until about 9 so it would be a late night for me. I forgot to snag a few pictures of her stuff last night but will find a few to post. Her fairy cottages and fairy doors sell really well. I am glad your part time job is doing okay; it’s definitely good not to let it keep you up at night. Great idea to take clothing on your trip you won’t feel bad losing; just throw it out before coming home. I actually did that when we went to SC.

Austina, good deal that summer showed up there. We are having lots of much needed rain. I bet you are glad to get all of your plants out; how long do they last in to the fall? My flowers fair well from June to early September.

I thoroughly enjoyed my first day of vacation. I responded to something from my boss and he told me quit checking me email when I’m off or one of my bears might disappear. To which I responded “HEY!”

I got a positive report card at the eye Doctor and I won't be going back until August unless I have problems. Woo hoo!. After the eye doctor I headed to Denver. I was in that jewelry store darned near 4 hours. OMG!!! They are so stinking slow but I did make out well. The way they operate is each sales person waits on multiple people so they pull out up to 3 things for you to look at then wander off to help someone else and you wait until they return. Since I have about 20 pieces for them to clean and check that takes a while to begin with. First, I wanted to look at loose sapphires which are in the safe so they have to go through and open all the packages looking for what I want and bring out maybe 4 of those at a time. Then you keep eliminating things and decide if you want to see more options. They had some pad color sapphires but with big windows so I wasn’t interested in them. The sapphire pendants I wanted to see didn’t impress me. Initially, I was going to upgrade WG pink sapphire ring for a slightly larger oval pink sapphire and a platinum ring but then he brought out a stunning RB lavender sapphires and I decided I wanted it instead. I had a RG ring with a radiant cut lavender sapphire to trade in towards that. It took me almost an hour to find and narrow the setting down to 2 rings and sent Marty pictures of both. Marty liked the thicker band so I got that one. I was going to get the lavender sapphire mounted in a RG ring and still get the platinum ring but move my existing sapphire. But then I decided if I traded in the diamonds in my dangle earrings I could get both stones and both rings. Ha! The diamonds in those dangles weren’t that great and I rarely wore the earrings anyway. I should get the rings on Friday plus since they are shipping it out of state I didn't have to pay sales tax.

I sent Marty a text (through car play not messing with my phone) after I merged on to the highway down there. I said “I sure love this car”. This Wyoming girl rarely has to merge into 70 mph traffic so it always makes me nervous; my car didn’t have any trouble sliding right in with the flow of traffic. I drove home in some very heavy rain and the roads had standing water on them. My sure footed Macan didn't have any trouble though. I made cookies when I got home and made myself a burger, veggies and oven fries for supper.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are a few bad pictures of what I got
Here are the loose stones
IMG_4654.JPG

Here is the lavender sapphire and RG band
IMG_7691.JPG

Here is my old and soon to be new pink sapphire ring - the new one is the inner ring
IMG_1589.JPG

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is great
31662162_1665474556854479_300733781864611840_n.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are some of my nieces polymer clay pieces
12909524_581178495375650_8426523774879812984_o.jpg

29665502_960094080817421_2048795180060040683_o.jpg

26197903_912873265539503_5898215756960768208_o.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

I had a late night call last night from my internist and still processing. I have heavy metal toxicity. Specifically mercury toxicity. He wants me to do a 24 hour urine test within the next week and stop eating certain fish and in a month repeat blood test with no fish for 3 days. Being a Pescetarian it looks like nothing I eat anymore is possible. I can no longer eat beans (inflammatory) and now many fish. LOL one cannot make this stuff up. Looks like there is more to my MTHFR mutation than I thought because people who have the same homozygous mutation as I do cannot detox heavy metals. It's a bit scary to me because this is another area I know nothing about. My internist is a laid back hard to rattle doctor and is always telling me things are OK even when I fall outside the range of normal. This time he said within a week he wants me to do that 24 hour urine test. So yeah I am concerned.

And once again my WBCs fall outside the normal range. LOW. But he said the makeup of white blood cells seem OK so not to be concerned about that. But I wonder what does that mean? Also my AG ratio was high and I read that is high in AI diseases.

Lots to process but right now I am concerned with the heavy metal toxicity. OMG if have to remove all my fillings. And won't that leech all that mercury into my bloodstream?

Pierrebear how did the cooking class go yesterday? And yes of course I want to give you big (((HUGS))) in person and one day we will get to hug IRL
biggyhug.gif
hugs000001.gif

I hope you were able to straighten out your work issue yesterday with your colleague and I am glad things are going smoothly for you for the most part at work. You are handling it all so well. I love retired life I really do. I cannot believe how much I am enjoying not working and besides my health issues I am very happy. My girlfriend and former colleague (who quit the same time I quit at our clinic) called me yesterday and said she is ready to leave her other jobs too. Just not sure she can afford it but she hates working in the health field now. I feel very fortunate I was able to afford to retire when I wanted to.

Austina yes to planting all your tubs yesterday. Nicely done.
481876qojaq5ujfk.gif
I am glad your neighbor will help water and take care of them while you are away. @Jimmianne you need to take a train ride and visit Austina. Though I know you are pretty busy so if not this time perhaps next visit. :appl:

Marcy wowza
love1.gif
beautiful. You cleaned up girl. Niiiiice. And WOOHOO on your eye doctor evaluation! Wonderful news!!
woohoo001.gif

Relieved you got through the downpours and flooding safely with your trusty Macan.:appl:
And hahaha love that Snoopy strip and LOL yes to cookies and releasing them out of that claustrophobic jar.
chowtimeguy.gif

Love your nieces polymer clay pieces. Adorable. I spy kitties.:kiss2:

Have a good day girls. I am probably heading to the beach today for the rest of the week and weekend and putting off the 24 urine test till next Wed as it is a whole rigamarole to get it and then be home for 24 hours to take it. Hopefully I will be OK because at this point in time I am wondering what the heck is happening with me and not to sound negative but sometimes I wonder am I going to be able to get through all the challenges to come because they are coming pretty fast and furious.::) Anyway know I am still in good spirits and I am not giving up. Have a good Wednesday girls and big hugs.

742469s3709nw4fb.gif

P

PierreBear

Good morning! A bit of a rough day yesterday. I felt like Marcy maybe?! One of the employees is very opinionated, hot-headed, gun-toting… well she wasn’t swinging around her gun but she does own one and have that type of personality. Hard to work with and use logic but she is aware that she comes off more extreme than she intends. Not excusable but it’s not my normal personality to have to be aggressive but learned (slowly over my life time) that I need to match the tone in order to not be walked over. It is a tense topic though as our building lease is coming up and we are trying to make progress on where we want to move and it impacts people’s commute times etc… Anyhow, that’s more than the time I wanted to spend on that mess. Hmmm… the other things in life… well we reserved tickets to watch the Avengers Friday night. Looking forward to date night already. We rarely go to the actual movies since Netflix and the library has plentiful things already. So using our Christmas gift card to watch it on the big screen is quite the treat! We might even get bottomless popcorn again… though that was way too much popcorn to eat and gave me a tummy ache. Possibly worth it though. Haha! Ya’ll enjoy the day!

@Austina – Hope Adam and his friends are still able to have a good time in Austin despite the rain. It is very doom and gloom over Austin but not really much rain it seems. Perhaps the weather forecast will be all off.

Don’t have the itinerary memorized but it’s towards later half of November. I was going to mention Thanksgiving but that holiday probably doesn’t mean much to ya’ll unless Adam has made a big turkey meal for you before if you visited that time of year. Safe travels to Adam to LV!

@marcy – Yay for your positive report card at the DR. hehehe 4 hours in the jewelry store sounds like a great reward for getting an A plus on your eyes. Beautiful coloring on the stones!

Oh man… those clay pieces are amazing! So intricate and perfect!

@missy – Cooking class yesterday was fine since I wasn’t the one cooking and just tasting and providing commentary. Could do that all day long! Glad you are enjoying retirement life. Enjoy the beach time and good luck on your upcoming medical tests. Big hugs!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Missy, I was sorry to hear your doctor found mercury toxicity; I hope a change in what you eat can take care of that. Good luck finding other things you can eat. It sounds like your internist is staying on top of your results and discussing them with you. Big hugs to you. Strange you should tell PB how much you love retirement, my recent days off makes me realize how easily I could get used to this. I am not convinced my eye has improved since last time; to me it looks like more fluid is in there again but then again I am no expert. I need to make sure I use one of those Amsler grids every week. I am quite anxious to get my rings. My niece makes a ton of kitties with her clay; she has several pampered kitties of her own. Have a fabulous time at the beach.

Austina, is it sill chilly there?

PierreBear, you co-worker does sound all too familiar to me. I am so sorry you have to deal with someone like that. I’ve had a similar discussion with many of my employees about dealing with my “mean girls”. A comment that sticks with me is she won’t stand up to them because she doesn’t want to deal with their wrath. I’ll talk to those girls and they act like they don’t know what I’m talking about. That sounds like a hassle to find a place to move the office. Have fun on date night watching the Avengers. We rarely go to the movies either but sure enjoy watching movies at home. We rented Hostiles this weekend. It was good - not one of those happy, feel good movies but good. I like that - rewarding myself with sapphires for a good report at the eye doctor. My niece does a really good job on her miniatures. I was playing angry birds a lot and she made me earrings. I had them setting on my desk at work and sadly they disappeared. Grr.

It is still raining. The mountains are expecting up to 16" of snow tonight. I knew spring was only here visiting.

I went out for breakfast then picked up my supply stash of paper products at Sams Club. I love shopping during their "business" member hours there is hardly anyone in the store.

Ha Ha. Here is the text I sent Marty this morning. “So in spite of the ugly rumors you, the rabbits and bears spread about me - I’ve walked in the rain 3 times this morning and stood in the rain loading the back of my car and I did not - I repeat - I did not melt.” His response was “then you must have used a protective coating”.

The new cleaning lady comes at 1 pm today. She even sent me a text last night confirming. That is promising.

I might go eat lunch after I let the cleaning lady in. I may also go visit a jewelry store to see about a chain bracelet. I have a small diamond heart pendant that was my mom’s; it doesn’t have the greatest diamonds in it (I picked it out before I knew any better) and I was thinking of having them make it in to a charm for a bracelet.

Have a great day.
Marcy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results