carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Sharon, I hate to hear that your hip is hurting; I hope it is feeling a lot better today. it is always amazing how many people get out once nice weather finally shows up.

Jimmianne, which cordless Dyson do you have? How long will it last on a charge? Good plan to have PJ’s that look like daytime clothes, you can always be prepared that way. Thank you, I like my little Turbo Collage app. The NIRDI bling bag was a fun project. Have fun on your play date; it sounds like you have good plans for the day.

Missy, YES RETIRE NOW sounds like my new goal in life. Maybe someday. Thank you for the kind words about my rings. I have decided I do like the blingy band. I am glad to know you’ll take it off my hands if I get tired of it. How exciting you and Greg got in a nice, long bike ride yesterday. The weather sounds perfect for it. I love your pictures. I can see why it is so peaceful to ride by the ocean. Good plan to spend the week at the beach house. I hope your new neighbors are nice. I hope you like the new curtains in the kitchen; I like being able to pull the shades or curtains at night. I have quite a few Coach bags and one Michael Kors. Lately I’ve been using Tumi or Sportssac nylon bags because they don’t weigh anything and wear forever. That reminds me, I had a copy Dolce and Gabanna bag from Honk Kong. It was purple; it looked great but the dye stunk to high even. It only cost about $40 U.S. Dollars. I put it up and when we were moving I pulled it out and it still stunk so I threw it out.

Junebug, i am glad DH’s ankle continues to get better. I like Coach bags too but of course the one I am currently using have Snoopy on them. I had a few of the fabric bags with the C on them and gave them to a friend of mine. I see she still uses them frequently. Thank you for the nice words about my rings. I am definitely adjusting already too the very blingy ring. Like you found with your halo; you adjust fast. I like the idea of doing food prep for the week. A friend of mine and her sister get together once a month and make multiple dishes to freeze for the month.

Not much going on around here either. Marty is playing golf and we’ll meet for lunch when he is done. I went grocery shopping and don’t plan on doing much else today.

Take care.
Marcy

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Forgot a few comments lol -

Missy, so glad you're spending the rest of the week at the beach! :appl:

Jimmianne, yay to the convenience of the cordless Dyson, we have one in SC and really like it - I only wish it kept a charge longer.

Marcy, sounds like a relaxing Sunday, enjoy your lunch outing!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Rode 20K today! Had lunch DT and it was 24C.. YES!!!:mrgreen2: Hope all NIRDIs also had a great day!

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Greg is already at work. He took the ferry in at 7:30 AM this morning and I am at the beach house. I decided to do the 24 hour urine test today. OMG it isn't as easy as it sounds. Will spare you the details haha but suffice it to say I will be glad when tomorrow morning is here and I have hopefully completed it correctly. You are supposed to get ALL the urine. Not as easy as that sounds let me tell you. :lol: OK enough of that. Too early in the AM. :oops2:

Junie thank you! You are so sweet in every way and sincerely so. I appreciate you more than I can say. You are a genuine sincere kind wonderful person and I mean that from my heart and soul. Sorry for the mushy words this morning but I have to tell you what is in my heart. So glad your dh is doing better re the ankle and also that he got to enjoy golf this weekend and that you had a lovely weekend. Mother's day next weekend already. Seems like the year went so fast. I also like vintage Coach bags. Right now I am eyeing some vintage Chanel bags and Louis Vuitton bags but I dont want both. Just one. I really want a blue crossbody and those are far and few between so I am searching. And as you know I like a deal so want to pay less than retail. Speaking of deals will share some of my deals below. Costco I love you.:bigsmile:

Marcy thank you! Another wonderful sincere person who I feel so lucky to have as a friend. Seriously the NIRDIs rock so much. Love you girls. Glad Marty got to play golf this weekend and you got to enjoy your purplicious new bling. It is gorgeous and looks great on you. The curtains didnt work out. So we just ordered another batch and hopefully we will like those better. These will be more flowy a material. Trying not to think about all the money we are wasting as Greg had sewn and cut them already. But we didn't like them so back to the drawing board. Fingers crossed the next set will be pretty. We had to order 9 sets of curtains for this next order to fit the new windows in the kitchen. It's adding up.8) Glad you finished your chores this weekend and got to enjoy lunch out with Marty and also got your grocery shopping accomplished. Hope today is a good day at work.

CJ (((hugs))) and thank you for being so caring and kind. Hope you had a good rest of the weekend. Thinking of you and sweet Mousey. Hoping soon will be the day Mousey finds a furever loving home. XOXO.

Sharon hope your hip is feeling better and woohoo on more miles. You go girl.
bikebikebike.gif

So speaking of grocery shopping we went to Costco yesterday and not only did we get grocery shopping finished I managed to get a few new dresses and a hat too. LOL you gotta love Costco. The dresses were $14.99! OK so they are not high end but they are perfect sundresses with a built in bra so no need for me to wear one. Win win win.:appl:

In teal/light blueish green
costcodress.jpg

In darker blue/purplish
costcodress.jpeg

and finally my vintage jean jacket from the 70s (or 80's) that had gotten a bit too snug. Thanks to my dh who fixed it right up for me. Good as new.

vintagejeanjacket.jpg

Leaving you with a few photos from Greg's morning commute.

Heading onto ferry
seastreakline.jpg

view from ferry
viewfromferry.jpg

ferryheadingtocity.jpg

and docking in NYC

dockinginnyc.jpg

OK that's all for now ladies. Looks like a promising weather week in the Northeast and hope y'all experience some lovely weather too and fingers crossed it remains that way as we are hoping to ride for a few days this week before heading back to NYC at the end of the week. Cannot come next weekend due to Mother's Day so hoping this week makes up for not being here next week.

Enjoy this Monday and hugs to you all.:wavey:

itsmonday.gif

monday.gif

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello my lovely NIRDIs

It’s been scorchio here :lol: (that’s a reference from an old comedy show we had, where they parodied a weather presenter, talking gibberish, then finishing by slapping sun stickers on the map and declaring that it would be ‘scorchio’)

Fortunately it’s going to be a bit cooler over the coming days, so we can get on with the garden, we’ve done a little, but it’s just been too hot to stay out for long.

Yay @canuk-gal , yes it’s about time the weather improved and allowed you to get out cycling. I hope you’re not feeling too sore and achy today.

Dh’s ankle must be feeling better @junebug17 if he’s out playing golf ;-). Adam has a stick Dyson and it picks up better than the big one, which is like a tank to manoeuvre. I thought they were supposed to last about 40 minutes?

We finally got around to washing the car this weekend too @marcy . It was absolutely filthy with all the rain we’ve had lately, and the inside needed a good clean too. I don’t get it cleaned anymore, since they scratched it when it was only 2 weeks old :angryfire: I parked next to a Macan on Saturday that was the same colour as yours, it looked lovely in the sunshine.

Did you wear your new rings out to lunch with Marty?

Did you have a good time with your friend @Jimmianne ? Is the weather holding up there too?

:dance: to staying at the beach for the week @missy . It must’ve felt so good to be able to get out cycling again.

I :love: Costco, I’ve had some good clothes from there, I haven’t worn shorts for years, but last year they got some in that are knee length, so more age appropriate for me:D the dresses are so cute on you and look very cool.

Greg is certainly a whizz with the sewing machine, yikes, in the 70’s I was a size zero - those days are long gone :lol: but you’ve kept your girlish figure.

What a great view from the ferry, and very handy that Greg can get back to the city so conveniently.

Hi @PierreBear - did you have a good weekend? What was the film like?

The windows are being installed tomorrow, so that’ll be another job out of the way, then we can get the house painted next month.

Dottie is fine but finding the heat a bit much, she keeps going in and out looking for a cool spot. She’s such a lazy bones :lol:

Hope you’re all having a good day :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Junebug, how long does your cordless Dyson keep a charge? It says about 20 minutes but some of the comments say it’s more like 12 to 15 minutes. I may get one and a basic old Hoover upright. Our Kenmore has seen better days. Lunch was fun; we sat on the patio at the golf course.

Sharon, your ride and lunch sound really nice. Isn’t it nice to get some warm weather? Is your hop better today?

Missy, great dresses you found at Costco. Your jean jacket looks great and comfortable. I had to do that 24 hour “collection” once and remember it was not my idea of fun. Thank you and right back at you for being such a wonderful person and good friend. The NIRDI’s do rock. It is tough finding drapes that look good; we bought all of our drapes before moving in here and replaced most of them. We also found out the number of panels they list for a certain size of window isn’t quite accurate. We had to double up and go get more drapes. Our back guest room still has drapes I don’t like but we rarely have anyone in there so I haven’t replaced them yet. I love the plantation shutters we had put in our den; I wish we’d started with more of those than drapes. I thoroughly enjoyed Greg’s pictures for his commute to work on the ferry; it’s likes watching it on TV. Fun!

Austina, although I haven’t seen that old comedy I did totally enjoy hearing about scorchio and where it came from. We were noticing yesterday that it is really warm all of a sudden; I don’t think we are used to it yet. You ladies are convincing me to get a Dyson cordless vac. That really stinks they scratched your car when it was so new; I’d be really mad. I think that blue on the Macans does look good in the sun. I did wear my new rings to lunch yesterday; I reassured Marty my wedding rings were safe and sound. I even wore both of them to work today. Good luck with the window installation. Poor Dottie trying to find a cool spot.

That woke me up. Not only am I a cutter - I’m a spiller. I put a lid on my big cup of ice water to protect myself and I just ended up spilling about 1/4 cup of really icy cold water down my shirt. My bears learned a new word.

I named my new bear “Zac”. It’s short for Prozac which I felt was appropriate because my teddy bears help reduce my stress.

I had supper with a friend tonight. She had to run her kids to their after school practices at about 6:30 so she baked a pizza for us and we played cards until she had to go. It worked great. Her DH is out of town this week and she gets very stressed when he’s gone so I tried to help keep her busy.

Have a great evening.
Marcy

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls!

Oh no to having to do that test missy! By the time you read this you should be done with it, thank goodness. Thank you so much for your sweet words, I feel exactly the same way about you, you are a truly beautiful person inside and out and I am so happy we're friends! Your Costco dresses are adorable and the jean jacket fits you like a glove, Greg did a great job :appl: That's a shame the curtains didn't work out and I hope the new ones work better for you. Tell Greg I loved his pictures of the ferry, felt as if I was along for the ride! Those kitty pics are too funny, I know just how they feel.

Austina, glad it's going to cool down soon, it's impossible to do much outside when it's hot. Lol to Scorchio! And yes, dh is pretty much back to normal, thank goodness. Hmm, I thought it was more like 20 minutes but maybe it is longer, I'll check it out when I'm in SC - nothing like cleaning on a mini-vacation lol! It's awesome that the windows are being installed tomorrow, will be great to have that task completed.

Marcy, Zac is the perfect name for your bear! Lol to your bears learning a new word. I'm a spiller too, and usually it's coffee :-o It's nice that you and your friend kept each other company for a while, and I'm sure the distraction was good for her. I'm thinking the charge lasts about 20 minutes but I'll check it when I'm in SC and report back lol.

Sharon, I'm thrilled that the warm weather has finally reached you and you're enjoying so much!

Nothing too exciting on my end - a couple of errands and since it was pretty nice here I did go on a long walk, feels good to be outdoors.

Take care all! X0X

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Junie thank you! I am done with this 24 hour urine test. I have a feeling more of these will be in my future. MY blood mercury doubled in one week as I found out yesterday afternoon. I am trying not to be dark and see just the bad but I will be honest and say I am scared. Hey that rhymes. Maybe I should do a rhyme about mercury poisoning.:oops2::P2

Thanks for all the lovely comments. I am glad you liked the photo sharing. I enjoy sharing the day with you girls.

Yay for enjoying a nice long walk in the beautiful weather Junie. Today is another stellar weather day. Woohoo.:appl:

Austina love that word scorchio. I expect we will be experiencing that too soon enough. Though right now the weather is perfectio.:sun:

Glad you got your car washed yesterday. Love a nice clean car.
Yes we are both Costco fans. What is not to love there right?
And thank you for the generous compliments.

Hope your window installation goes smoothly today Austina. What color are you painting the house next month? Hope Dottie keeps cool and comfortable and you too.

Marcy I love the name Zac for your teddy bear. It's perfect. Maybe I need to get one named Mercury.:lol: Sorry you can see I have one thing on my mind this AM. No make that two. Diamonds are always on my mind no matter what.:lol-2:

I love Plantation shutters too but not for us as I like to keep them mainly open and see the whole view and let as much light in as possible. But I do love the look of Plantation shutters in other people's homes. Very smart look.

Oh my gosh that spill of ice water sounds painful:o. Sorry you taught the bears new words:lol:. Being one of the twin klutzes to your klutziness you can imagine how I felt every time over the past 24 hours transferring the urine into the jar. LOL but so far so good. Need to make one more transfer into the Lab Corp jar from my container when we get there later and I am thinking that will be a tricky transfer. Hoping for no spillage. Ice water beats urine any day.:whistle:

Thank you for enjoying my photo diary of Greg's commute yesterday. He went into work then to the apartment and then back to work and then back to bet beach house. He was home by 3PM. Cannot beat that right? He enjoys the ferry ride very much.

Marcy, my cordless Dyson keeps a charge for about 15-20 minutes so often I vacuum recharge and vacuum later again to finish. We have 2 at the beach house but only one in Brooklyn and the one in Brooklyn is working less well but it is older. For that price though I expected it to keep working for more than a year or two. Not sure what is up with it. I do love it when it is working properly.

Hope you enjoyed a lovely supper with your friend last night and glad you could keep her company while her dh is out of town.

Off to drop off the 24 hour test and then hopefully cycling afterwards. Have a lovely morning girls.:wavey:

tranquiltuesday.gif

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I'm sorry about those results, and it's so strange that your levels doubled in such a short time :confused: The only logical exposure to me is fish, and maybe your fillings, but I've reading mixed things about the fillings. I'm really hoping that cutting out the bigger fish will get the levels down - I read that it can take a while. I hope the urine test gives more info as to the source of the mercury. Sending lots of comfort to you, I know this is stressful and worrying but try to hang in there, there has to be a way to resolve this. (((Hugs)))

Last edited:
P

PierreBear

Hello ladies! Trying to play catch up and sorry if I missed anyone. Busy time at work but still feeling positive about everything. Only thing I’m bummed about is DH and I did a trail run this past weekend. My IT band on my right leg started flaring up so only got in about 17 miles. Still, very long and good workout but makes me a bit concerned as I need to put in more mileage to finish the race. Will keep on being optimistic and do all my glute exercises etc and be careful. Hmm other than that, I’M DONE WITH CLASS. Wooo hoo!! Written exam was a breeze and then we cleaned the kitchen afterwards. Yay for getting my Monday nights back starting next week… hmmm a little bit of me time and gardening I think. : ) Hope everyone has a great week and will check in when I can! Have a great day!

@marcy - You are the queen of colored gem stones. Love them all!

Thinking about all your car cleaning. I just learned a new trick. Lacquer thinner really does the trick on some knicks and knacks.

Haha love the ZAC name for the bear. : )

@Jimmianne – Good idea on buying clothes at your end destination. I find though that sometimes I get scared off from Euro prices and in Asia the quality isn’t as good so it’s hard for me to find something I like overseas. Though in Barcelona I did find a trench coat and a dress, which both have been my favorite item for many years! Good luck finding shoes and a purse… : )

@junebug17 – Oohh whoo that the polyp was benign!! Aww, you are so cute that you want to get dressed for your DH. I must be super lazy as once I’m home, DH and I both change into PJs or “relaxed” clothes.

@canuk-gal – Glad you enjoyed that bike ride! Hope your hip feels better. Was it from riding? I’ve had quad pain before but not hip. Sorry to hear about it.

@missy – Yayyy to your first cycling expedition next to the ocean. Ya’ll are adorable. Ohhhh congrats on the new prada handbag. Please please show me pictures! I saw your other thread on luxury cross body bags. I have a Burberry one that I really enjoy but they don’t make them anymore.

Hope your new neighbors are as amazing as you!

Dress with a built-in bra, lovely!

@Austina – Avengers Infinity War was a good movie. A lot of characters/heros going on so realized we missed a couple of films to pick up on all the nuances but it still was fun! I’ve made a new rule though… no more bottomless/unlimited popcorn. Haha… gets me in trouble.

Good luck to the installation of windows. Are you going to tint them or do other treatments etc for decoration purposes? Enjoy the house renos!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Junebug, Oh no that you spill coffee; I hope you don’t burn yourself. I use those large Tervis cups for ice water and have sure spilled them more frequently than I’d like to admit. My friend said today she really appreciated me coming over to visit last night except for losing to me at cribbage. Thank you for checking on your cordless vac time for me. I don’t think it would last long enough to do both our upstairs and downstairs but I know we’d enjoy having it. I am glad it was a lovely day for a long walk. Are you chickens still gone?

Missy, oh no that your mercury level doubled in one week. I am sorry you are dealing with this, i hope they can get a better idea of what is causing this and get your levels turned around. Big hugs to you. I do like the name Mercury for a teddy or kitty. I’ve always liked the look of plantation shutters; we open them during the day. I am glad your 24 hour collection is over. I did chuckle in agreement that it’s better to spill water no matter how cold it is. Greg’s day yesterday sounds like it went very smoothly and I am glad he enjoys the ferry ride; no you can’t beat him getting home by 3. That is too bad your Dyson is slowing down. I think if we went with them we’d need one upstairs and one downstairs. Maybe we’ll go look this weekend. How long do they take to charge up again?

PierreBear, oh no that your right leg flared up; I hope you can work with it to get it better for your run. Take care. Woo hoo to being finished with class. When I was teaching I loved the time between semesters when I all of a sudden had free time. I am a sucker for colored gems. I think the pink sapphire ring is going to be worn often. I am glad you found a trick for shining up your car.

Thanks ladies. I am glad you like Zac for my new bear’s name. Someone walking by my desk today told me I was a bearaholic. I did get 2 of the bears some sunglasses today. A provider came to visit complete with pizza for lunch and swag for the taking. I got a red pair and a blue pair for the bears.

Marty grilled steaks for us for supper; I just had 1/2 of my steak and some tomatoes for supper since i filled up on pizza for lunch.

Take care. :wavey:
Marcy

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

:shock: Oh no, how can that be @missy ? Would it be an idea to keep a food diary to try and see if/what you’re eating is the culprit, or at least eliminating food as the culprit? I’m so sorry, I just don’t know what to say to help. Hopefully you CAN find the cause and set about changing your levels. {{big hugs}} this is such a worrying time for you :( .

Yay to Greg being home early afternoon so you could enjoy the rest of the day together.

Our house is mock Tudor (or muck Tudor as we call it :lol:) so the render is light cream, and the wood a medium oak. I don’t want the wood stained any darker, but I think I might go for a slightly darker cream on the rendering.

51E0E898-8C77-44FA-A2BE-B158A7643027.jpeg

It’s a little less scorchio today, but still bright and sunny.

Hmm, I must be getting confused @junebug17 (pretty much the norm these days :roll2: ) I ‘think’ I’ve seen an advert for a cordless which said it lasts 40 mins from a charge, maybe it was the Shark?

Enjoying being out in the good weather.

ONLY got 17 miles @PierreBear :-o I feel faint just thinking about the distance! Wow, that’s amazing, how far is the race you’re training for?

:dance: To finishing class, are you going to keep up with cooking and the techniques you’ve learned?

We’ve not seen any of the Avenger movies either, the only action one we’ve seen recently was Wonderwoman at the Galleria.

:lol: To (pro)Zac, great name @marcy.

Lovely that you caught up with your friend and kept her company. I was married long before any of my friends, so when Colin was away on many of his trips, it was a great opportunity for us to get together.

Yum to steak for dinner, are you having the leftovers for lunch today?

Just as I turned into our road yesterday after Pilates, the window people were in front of me. They arrived exactly on time and did a really good job. The new windows look great, makes me realise how bad the other ones were :oops: Shocking how easily you get used to things.

We went out yesterday evening to see How Sweet It Is, the mowtown story, lots of singing, dancing and music we knew :D

We were nearly home when one of the warning lights on the car came on :shock: The trouble with all the technology in cars these day is that it doesn’t take much to trip something. We got the manual out, all 6 million pages of it, and discovered that it was the tyre pressure warning. I rang the garage today and they said just pump them up more than they need, then release some of the pressure, which should reset the valves. Fortunately it worked :dance: so it’s all good now.

Colin’s just off to another dental appt, should only be one more after this :mrgreen2:

Window cleaner is due soon too.

:wavey:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy aw thank you so much. I love to read all the posts here.. everyone has such a varied and interesting life... so now I will really do it :) Post.

We are gearing up for a trek to Yellowstone National Park... we driving because hubber can't leave our dog :) altho yesterday he said it probably would have been a better idea to board her.. finally.. but she's coming. Our sons and DIL are flying in a week from this Saturday to Salt Lake City and driving up, it was soooo expensive to fly them into Jackson Hole, WY... we are driving because we have the time. Missy I am hoping to get down to Brooklyn in September, my nephew is coming here in July so I won't be going down till after that. We went to a lovely Kentucky Derby Party, a guy had a heart thingy, but there was an oncologist there so he's fine now.. recovering nicely. Don't drink and have had a previous stroke I always say ;-)

To all the ladies (and maybe gents) have a wonderful rest of the week, it's nice here in Maine, we are a bit overcast, and a bit cool, but it will warm up a bit. I plan to ask my DIL if I can take some pix of her ring so I can post them here as some of the young women wanted more pix, I just sorta of feel weird asking her, but this time I will.

Again, everyone have a wonderful rest of week, we are leaving next Tuesday to drive (slowly) to Wyoming to meet our kids in a week and 1/2... being retired has it's perks. just that arthritis stuff I hate.

Peace to you all.

Kate

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
983F4D01-9278-4FDA-9FDB-A15307C0A17E.jpeg

The flower bed on the r/h side of the drive =)2

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello everyone!

Missy, thinking of you and hoping you're enjoying your time at the beach.

PB, oh no to the flare-up! I'm sorry, and I hope it heals up soon for you. 17 miles, wow, that's impressive. Good to hear work is going well for you, and how nice class is over and you'll have some free time to do other things, or to just relax a little. :P2 Thanks for the good thoughts about dh, definitely a relief!

Marcy, your bears must lool so stylish in their new glasses - lol to bearaholic :mrgreen2: I hope your work week is going well so far.

Austina, love your house! So picturesque and just lovely. And I'm so glad to hear you're happy with the new windows, amazing how big a difference cosmetic changes can make. Good job finally figuring out what the warning light was for and I'm thinking your tip might help us out - the tire light is still on in one of our cars even after putting air in them. It's worth a try, anyway!

Tekate, what a great trip you have planned! Will be a lot of fun. So great that your sons can join you, it will be wonderful getting to spend some time with them. I visited Yellowstone and Jackson Hole several years ago, such a beautiful part of the country, the scenery is just amazing. Dh is probably going to retire fairly soon, and you're right, one of the best things about it will be the added flexibility and freedom. On no to someone having a medical issue at the party, must have been a bit scary and I'm glad he's ok.

Our weekend trip to SC might change due to a change in dh's travel plans for next week but we'll see.

Hope everyone is having a great day so far!

ETA - Oh wow Austina, gorgeous flowers! :love::appl:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Austina, the colors look great on your lovely home. I am glad to hear it cooled off a bit today. It does become challenging after everyone settles in to life to keep up with our friends. I do think it’s worth the effort though. I did take my leftover steak in for lunch today. I bought a bag of BBQ chips to go with it. Easy lunch. That’s wonderful what a change new windows made; sometimes you don’t realize how much better something can look until you replace it. You are so right that finding what a little warning light means means digging through a novel. Too bad Siri can’t answer that question for us. It does sound like an easy fix. My tires were squawking last month and Marty put air in them and we had to figure out how to reset the PSI to get rid of the warning. I hope Colin’s appointment with the dentist went well and how exciting he is down to only one more. Your flower bed is gorgeous.

Kate, you’ll enjoy Yellowstone; have you been there before? Wave to the south when you cross I-25. I’ll wave back.

Junebug, the bears do look ready for summer in their sunny glasses. I am on the downhill side of working this week. I’ll take that as a plus.

Missy, I hope you are enjoying your week at the beach house.

Nothing new or exciting with me. I had a mostly quiet day at work and read about 1/3 of a book that was assigned for my next manager’s training class. I am sure at least 20 people saw me reading at my desk. I felt like I should post a sign - this book is for work. Really.

Severe thunderstorms are in the forecast for here now, maybe winter is almost gone.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM ladies!
glasses_hand2.gif
tea_cup.gif
Sorry I missed yesterday. We have been cycling long days and the time is flying by as usual. Perfect weather and we are enjoying it while it lasts. Feels so great to be back on the bike.
bikebikebike.gif

@junebug17 how is your week going? We are enjoying the wonderful weather and cycling by the sea. Really couldn't hope for better weather. We have to get back to reality by tomorrow (or maybe Saturday morning) since we are celebrating Mother's Day with my sister and her family and my parents this Saturday in Long Island. Wish we could stay here but it was/is a great week plus. Hope your SC weekend trip is not affected by your dh's work schedule. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

@marcy glad you had a relatively quiet week at work and haha reading romance novels at work Marcy we know.
5013295x4kzhv5xfgffffff.gif
JK! And woohoo for winter almost being gone by you.
427842brwiji848d.gif
It's about freaking time.
481876qojaq5ujfk.gif
And hope those thunderstorms are not severe and your spring flowers are blooming in the mild sun and cool breeze.

@Tekate hi there!!! So glad you joined our convo-it's so good to see you here.:appl: Woohoo for enjoying Maine. I love Maine so much. My dh and I used to make an Autumn foliage road trip every October for over a decade up the Coast from NY to Maine stopping at the different picturesque towns along the way.
crazy_driver.gif
Some of my favorite memories. We would stay in B&Bs along the way. Super romantic and I hope we can start doing that again sometime in the not too distant future. Have a wonderful trip to Yellowstone and glad you are bringing your sweet pup. So glad your sons can join you! Glad that person at the party is OK now and how scary. Life can change in an instant. Looking forward to your Brooklyn trip in September and hoping we can meet IRL. :appl:
Have a safe drive and enjoy the trip.:wavey:

@Austina love your house and love those beautiful flowers. Glad the window installation went smoothly. They do make a huge difference. Glad Colin is almost done with his last dental appointment. What a relief for you both. Wow to the car warning lights and glad you figured it out. It's not a pleasant feeling when that happens especially if you are not yet at home. Glad all is well. It's funny your house is a "mock" Tudor. I think ours is too. It's part Tudor and part brick cottage from the twenties. We have never seen anything like our house before style wise but that is the best way to describe it. So our houses have something in common.

@PierreBear I am sorry your right leg flared up but glad you got 17 miles in at least and hope it is feeling much better now. One thing I know for certain is that when you are athletic and when you are a runner even more specifically you deal with injuries. It is part of being an athlete. Greg used to tell me that to make me feel better and it worked. Hope you are feeling much better today and woohoo for being done with class. Nice going.

@canuk-gal how is your hip feeling? Hope you are having a good week. Hope your mom is continuing a good recovery and that all is well by you.

So getting ready for another cycling day in a bit. Enjoy the day girls! Sharing a few pics from the past few days in my next post after I get some more coffee.Did someone say it's time for more coffee?
1899451xxhix9z4pv.gif

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some scenic views along our ride...first up baby geese. Awwww
1237380ar500lxyn4.gif

geeseoceangrove2018.jpg

and look at this glorious cherry tree along our bike route. Cherrylicious indeed. More beautiful cherry trees than you can imagine. Sad the cherry tree season is fading but oh so glorious while it lasts.

cherrylicious.jpeg

Beach and ocean view along most of our ride. You can see the wheel of our bike in the photo hahaha.

beachmay2018.jpg

oceanmay2018.jpg

Fog over the Navesink River as we crossed the first of 3 bridges during our cycling yesterday. It was a very foggy morning and that foghorn was going. it was very cool looking and sounding. I tried capturing the fog as we cycled across the bridge. Cars actually stopped when they saw I was trying to photograph it so as to let me get a clear shot. How nice was that? We were cycling as I took the photo yet the cars stopped so I could get a good pic.

fogoversavesink.jpeg

At the end of our ride before we went home we checked out the Bayshore trail to see if it had reopened after all the damage from storms. First Sandy wrecked it and they reopened it after a few years after that but it was rough and primitive and then most recently it had been closed for about a year to fix it. And woohoo it is back! So we had to take it a short bit before Greg had a work CC he had to get back for. We are taking it in full today. Some quick pics of it for now.

bayshoretrail.jpg

gregcyclingbayshore.jpg

cyclingbayshoretrail.jpg

and last pic of the trail as we rode it yesterday. Picturesque and peaceful.

bayshoretrail2018.jpg

Have a wonderful Thursday girls. XOXO.

Attachments

• bayshoretrail.jpg
    bayshoretrail.jpg
    272.8 KB · Views: 9

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy thank you. I sincerely hope you are feeling well and all the NIRDI people are. I saw you were at the beach! love the beach. Visit here anytime. I hope all the people here have a wonderful day!!!

:kiss2::wavey::wavey::wavey:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls!

Missy, woo-hoo to great weather and cycling! So glad the weather cooperated on this trip and you and Greg could enjoy being outside. Love the pics you took on your bike ride, such lovely scenery and those baby geese are adorable. :love: Hopefully you can stay until Saturday and get another full day at the beach. My week is going ok, pretty uneventful but I've been enjoying this beautfiul weather.

Marcy, oh no to thunderstorms and I hope they're not too bad, be careful. Lol to putting up a sign that you're reading a book for work :D

Looks like we're still headed to SC even though dh's plans for next week have changed - works out well for me because now we can fly home together. Oh, and somebody asked me a few posts back about the chickens, tried to find who it was and couldn't...but no more sightings of the chickens, I'm assuming the owner finally rounded them up. I haven't put the bird feeder back out to be on the safe side.

Here's a pic of our dogwood tree - the blooms don't last long so enjoying it while it's here. Have a lovely day everyone!
786C936F-CA36-460E-80D7-26545DB2DE42.jpeg

Attachments

• 6A90034C-D1F0-4F83-B7D2-CCF82EE042F0.jpeg
    6A90034C-D1F0-4F83-B7D2-CCF82EE042F0.jpeg
    418.5 KB · Views: 27
P

PierreBear

Hello Hello! I think I’ll start off with saying that I would have made the PSers and NIRDIs girls proud. I was at the gym the other day and across the class I saw someone wearing their beautiful ring. It shined so brightly and it really popped with the thin knife edge shank. I really wanted to warn her not to wear her ring during class but as it was my first time meeting her, didn’t want to come across the wrong way. Just paid her a complement and she showed me her ring and surprisingly it was an old mine cut. There is a jeweler in Austin that focuses on old pieces. @Austina – Maybe we should meet there next time!!

https://www.bellandbird.com/ Anyhow, I was surprised that an old stone caught my eye from 15 feet away… hahaha… look how you’ve converted me @missy. Anyhow, I’ve gotten past the hard push at work. Looking forward to the weekend for sure. Ya’ll have a great day.

@marcy – I’m impressed with your will power. We eat steak occasionally and when we do, we only purchase and cook up 1 to split. It’s to easy to keep going and going!

Hahaha…. I like idea of putting a sign up at work. There was one lady who didn’t always have a bunch of work but I could tell she was playing games since the computer screen reflected onto her window. I don’t think she ever figured it out that other people could tell.

@Austina – Your home is so lovely! So much character. How long have you lived there? Like your neighbors? Hello spring flowers!

The race we are training for is a 50K so close to 30 miles. Appreciate the complement but I’ve got more ways to go… gulp!

I’ve had that same tire pressure gauge warning too. Just a heads up that I’ve heard that if the tire sensor goes out, it can trigger a warning too. Who knew to think of replacing a tire battery sensor…. But glad you figured it out and fixed it!

@Tekate – Awesome enjoy your trip. We are heading that way and doing a similar trip in mid-June!

@junebug17 – Hope your upcoming weekend trip to SC works out with DH’s travel plans. He’s a traveling machine!

@missy – Thanks for the reminder on the norm of being an athlete. Greg must be a well-versed athlete of course to have that knowledge. : )

Awww baby geese!!! Love that cherry tree!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

@missy I always enjoy your photos, you ride through such lovely scenery. I’m not surprised you’re enjoying being back out cycling, the weather looks lovely. Hope the weather stays perfect for you.

Glad the chickens haven’t reappeared @junebug17, one less thing to worry about. Have a lovely trip to SC and yay to being able to fly back together. I’ve heard of dogwood but never seen one, it’s really pretty.

:lol: to you spotting the old cut ring @PierreBear, did you tell the lady you have one too? We’ve lived in this house 7 years, we had a very modern looking house before, that was a bit big for the 2 of us, so we downsized here thinking it’d be our last move. We’re fortunate we have good neighbours both sides, makes such a difference.

Hi @Tekate wow that’s going to be some drive, do you share the driving with DH? What sort of doggy do you have, our girl’s an Italian Spinone?

You should get a copy of the Kama Sutra or 50 shades and put it over your training manual, that’ll give the brats something to really talk about @marcy :lol: Can you imagine their faces :mrgreen2:? Boo to thunderstorms, our weather is cooling down a bit, but as long as it’s dry, I don’t mind.

We went to VW this morning, so Dottie could have a good run around and paddle in the lake, then did our food shopping. That’s all the excitement we had this side of the Atlantic today :mrgreen:

:dance: Almost the weekend

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina :wavey: HI! thank you! my dog is Salley, Salley the rescue, she has some terrier and lab and who know's what else. We adopted her 3 years ago coming this September, she is a great dog, she is between 9 and 13 years old, I think closer to 10 but they worked on her teeth in Georgia, where she come from so the vets couldn't tell how old she really is she has cataracts but don't seem to bother her. Salley is loyal, loving, a sweet heart and I put my jewelry in my safe deposit box because if someone wanted to rob us our dog is SO loving she would show them the way to her Mommy's stuff, she loves people.. My grandniece called herself rainbow Salley, I swear she loves Salley more than she loves us! She is 4. I'm another one of the animal nuts in this world, I love them, loved them when I was 2 and at 65. :)

Thank you for asking about driving Austina, yes we share the driving, my husband would love if I drove and he didn't ;-) but we share, usually he does a little more. This is the longest drive we have ever done I think, we drove to FL in March and drove back in late April but that only took 3 days this will take 5, but we are stopping at Teddy Roosevelt National Park on the way. I'm starting to get excited, especially to see my kids and DIL..

I love your gardens and flowers they are stunning, I walked the dog today Austina and I thought to myself, man I would love a garden like Austina's.. I have a brown thumb, but my husband has a green one.. Love your pictures.

Have a wonderful evening/night and thank you for asking and making me feel part of this special group of lovely women (and guys??)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Missy, I am so glad you are having a fabulous week at the beach house including getting in a lot of bike rides. i told my boss today I was reading a romance novel and I’ll be crying soon. Have a nice time catching up with your family this weekend. Beautiful pictures from your bike ride. The cherry blossom tree is really pretty.

Tekate, I saw in the paper that some of the roads in Yellowstone are still getting blowed open.

Junebug, your dogwood tree is gorgeous. Have a wonderful trip to SC. Glad to hear the chickens aren’t coming over to visit.

PierreBear, how cool to find someone at the gym with an OMC, I always approach people cautiously when I spy a pretty piece of jewelry. Some people like to talk about it and some don’t. I think no one really fools other people that they are working. We are in our slow time right now so it is hard to keep busy.

Austina, I bet Dottie enjoyed her run around and dip in the lake. I am pretty excited for the weekend to be near.

No rain yet but thunderstorms did move through here.

Tomorrow is Friday.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! TGIF!
1237372v4er6kso38.gif

@junebug17 love your dogwood tree. So pretty. And yay for your SC trip still being on and flying home with dh. Yes.:appl:

@Tekate (((hugs))) and awww Salley is a love and we are all animal nuts here. :kiss2: Your trip is going to be lovely and double yay for seeing your kids and DIL. Worth the long drive for sure.

@Austina thank you and I enjoy sharing the days with you girls very much. Glad Dottie had a nice run and paddle around the lake yesterday. Sounds like fun and when we get a dog I will love doing stuff like that with her/him. I am a weirdo in that I like visiting the dog run now and watching all the dogs play and enjoy themselves. LOL I know it's not "normal" to do that when one doesnt have a dog.:lol:

@marcy we had some serious lightning here last night but no rain though we got some rain during our ride yesterday for about 40 minutes. No biggie and it wasn't heavy. It was sort of nice riding and hearing the rain. Of course I am protected somewhat by my spf canopy while dear Greg is not but it wasn't a big rain at all. And woohoo today is Friday.:appl:

@PierreBear yes you have to go to that old cut jewelry store and check out the old cuts please and do take photos to share with the rest of us. I have seen their website before. Lovely. And nice going on catching a good look at the ring on the woman at the gym. I do find it strange to wear bling while working out/lifting weights etc. but I guess some people wear their bling 24/7.

We had a wonderful ride yesterday and it was windy so more challenging but it was a lot of fun and we started out on the Bayshore trail and it was great. So happy that trail is back in cycling condition. They did a marvelous job at restoring it and we are very pleased. Our tax dollars hard at work and it is so worth it re this trail. I took a video as we cycled the trail but cannot share that here. Quick pic.

bayshoretrailgeese.jpg

and a quick kitty pic. Haha.

kittycutout.jpg

speaking of kitties can you spy the cat in the security camera photo at the front of the house from last night?

housepicsecuritycamera.jpg
Hint: front center near grass but on the stone patio

What are all your plans for the Mother's Day weekend? I know Junie is spending it with her loved ones in SC but what about the rest of you?
We are heading back probably tomorrow late morning as we are getting together with my family tomorrow late afternoon. It will be a long day if we decide to head back tomorrow because we have to go back to the apartment and drop off the kitties etc and then head to Long Island so many hours of driving if we decide to do that. But then we get a whole day here today so not sure yet what my preference is.

Off cycling in a bit after Greg does some work.

computer5.gif
bikerrrr.gif
bikebikebike.gif

Leaving you with our pretty sunrise from this morning.
1896249wrr738gi7w.gif

sunrisemay2018.jpg

Have a lovely day girls!
sending_flowers.gif

P

PierreBear

Hi Nirdi ladies! Happy Friday! We made it and am glad that the weekend is here. I’m just a cat mom so I don’t have any real mother’s day plans but DH usually still does something sweet. In the past it has been something like a cookie cake that says something cheesy like “super mom” on it. To be quite honest, this is the first “mother’s day” that has burned a bit. Some of my/DH friend’s just recently had babies and though I never thought of them to be very feminine or motherly, they still went down that path. I know there’s nothing wrong with not being a mother and to each their own life but I still feel like I’m so broken or such an odd duck that I don’t have that desire. I would have the perfect job to work part-time and be a mom or DH could even support us and I could be a stay at home mom. All the conditions are perfect especially for being married so long, but no light bulb has gone off. Who knows if my heart will change but I hope so. Until then, I’ll hug my cat extra tight this weekend! Ya’ll have a great time and enjoy some chocolates!

@Austina – haha… no I didn’t tell the lady about my ring. I don’t really talk about myself unless someone asks a question but I really was excited to learn where/when she was getting married etc. Overtime, I might reveal that I’m diamond crazy but until then, I’ll just keep that between us NIRDI ladies.

@Tekate – How funny you mention that your DH prefers if you drive. DH rather do all the driving if it’s a 10+ hour road trip. I’ll offer so he can take a nap but I’m not the “safest” driver apparently and he doesn’t always relax/nap and is worried. Hahaha… Hope you enjoy your upcoming trip.

@marcy – Agree, enjoy the slow times at work that balances out with the busy time at work. Yes, I think I’ve only complimented 2 to 3 people in my life time. I was surprised that I was so forward with this young lady but in the end of it she gave me the tone of “heyyy who doesn’t ever want a compliment” so I think I’ll just keep on singing praises.

@missy – Oh wow how did you know of that local Austin jewelry shop? Guess just through Instagram or something? I shared the website with DH and said that this would be a fun date place to window shop. I’ll report back sometime!

Glad you had a great bike ride yesterday. Meow to the hidden kitty!

Safe travels for mother’s day celebration.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@PierreBear Hola! happy friday. I think we follow our own paths and I hope you don't question your lack of maternal desire, for some it's there at birth, for some it's not there. Being a fur mom is LOVE, I know, I have always said, love is love, when I was little waaay back in NY, I would sit outside with my cat, in the son, with her on my stomach, I mean this is 60 years ago and I was in heaven, loved my cat, all our cats, loved our dogs and love my dog today. I love being a mother to my kids but that was my choice, and it's WAY better to want kids than to have one and not want them. Have a wonderful FRIDAY!!.

@missy your pictures are so beautiful Missy.. I love your pictures, I love the aura (I know showing my age there.. I just love the vibes I get.. (Did I tell you my sister went to the original Woodstock :) ? old hippie I am, till the end..

@marcy I saw the same info about the roads at Yellowstone! interestingly the most excited person about this trip in my daughter-in-law!

May all the ladies here have a peaceful, happy Friday... I plan to vacuum!

Peace all.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

DH hardly drives at all, he much prefers to have a chauffeuse :lol: Aww to Rainbow Salley, she sounds a sweetheart. Our Dottie is also a rescue, came to us aged 2 1/2 and will be 8 this year. Much as I love puppies, we’ll rescue again.

We’re all laydeez here @Tekate :mrgreen2:

Honestly @PierreBear I had no desire to have children, and Colin was fine with that, then one day I did. I don’t know what changed, I had a horrible childhood which influenced my thinking. Only you and DH can make the decision, but if you decide that it’s really not for you, that’s perfectly fine, don’t feel pressured by your friends having children. Statistically, couples without children are happier :lol: what I would say though, is that there’s no ‘right’ time, once you’ve got them, you can’t give them back :mrgreen:

Hope you had a great ride today @missy, and wow to the sunrise. What a pretty and interesting looking house :love:

It’s not mother’s Day here this weekend, ours is always the last Sunday in March, so Adam observes that. I’ve told him not to send flowers anymore, last time the company took advantage of it being an overseas order, and sent me a lot of dead flowers thinking I wouldn’t tell him. I thought about it, but decided I would as I knew it had cost him a lot of money. I told him to complain and demand a refund.

I hope you had a stress free day at work @marcy and the brats behaved themselves. Oh no to thunderstorms, I hope they haven’t caused you any problems. Any plans for the weekend?

Nothing planned here, weather permitting, we’ll do more tidying in the garden.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey everyone!

Missy, love the pic of the kitty and the pretty sunrise, and your house is beautiful. It's great the trail has been restored so well. So glad you and Greg were able to get some cycling in. Good luck with your traveling and enjoy your visit with your family tomorrow.

PB, I'm sorry you're feeling a little down right now and I hope you feel more at peace soon - sending good thoughts and hugs, and have a lovely weekend with your dh.

Tekate, how funny, you and I had the same plans for today...vacumming! I've somehow managed to put it off all week.

Austina, oh no, I didn't realize you celebrate Mother's Day in March - Happy Belated Mother's Day to you!!!! Hope you have nice weather this weekend.

Take care and have a great day tomorrow everyone!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi dear NIRDIs.
Sorry to be awol but I no longer have wifi at my house.
I'm reading through all your posts where I can get 30 minutes of wifi at a time, and will catch up tomorrow
XX

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results