shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A75F2AA2-E993-49B4-92D5-BB835398D52B.jpeg Darned money extorting Killer Rabbit.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Rushing out soon to head back to NYC but just wanted to say hey and hope everyone is enjoying a lovely weekend.

@junebug17 hope you are enjoying a lovely SC weekend.

@Austina happy belated Mother's Day. I didn't realize you celebrated in March either.

@Tekate thank you and hugs. You are a dear and I hope you enjoy a wonderful Mother's Day weekend.

Hello @Jimmianne , we miss you.

@marcy hello there and hugs. Hope work Friday went smoothly and all is well. Hahaha those killer bunnies.:lol:

@LLJsmom happy Mother's Day weekend. Hope you enjoy a wonderful weekend with family.

@canuk-gal hope you're having a lovely weekend and happy Mother's day.

@PierreBear hugs to you and your cat and hope things are going well. We had no desire to have children either but as Austina wrote you never know for you as you are still young. We don't regret our decision at all in case you were curious. It was and is for us the perfect decision.

@CJ2008 miss you and hope your weekend is going well. (((Hugs))).

@rainwood hey there, hope you are having a good weekend. Thinking of you.

Sharing a Mother's Day poem for all the NIRDIs! Sending hugs and love to each and everyone of you and you know who you are.

Dear NIRDIs tomorrow is Mother's Day
So this is a very good time to say
wherever you are, wherever you roam
You are all so special, in many ways

So wise and generous, loving and kind
Caring and sweet, full of support that shines

You have daughters and sons, kitties and dogs
even ponies and birds, goats and some hogs

Killer bunnies, cuddly teddies and oh so much more
A menagerie of loved ones whom we all adore

It's a wonder the NIRDIs have any spare time
for bling shopping in stores and also online
Sharing the good and the bad and the fun
hanging out together every which way we can

Prioritizing is what it's all about
and when it comes to that there's really no doubt
The NIRDIs have it straight and know all the facts
Bling is fun and pretty, brings sparkle galore
But love between child and mother means much more

And love between friends
is timeless and precious
But here is where I must truly confess
While I came to PS for the bling
that is for sure
I stayed for the people
Priceless and adored

So on today of all days
it is a good time to say
You know come what may
We will always be there
for each other no matter the way
Good or bad, happy or sad,
Blingy or not

You and your NIRDIs moms,
daughters, sons and the lot
Are all so very special
that words cannot impart
The love you all share
the bond tightly knot

Thank you NIRDIs for sharing your days
with us all in this thread and also beyond
communicating on and off line
Chatting and laughing
and just sharing the time
day in and day out
with a bond that is strong
Though we are not your blood
still like a family we feel
We are close and loving
and indeed share a bond that is real

Love can be long and lasting and true
and then there's the love that is fresh and so new
Please know that you are all so very dear
Loved by so many all through the year

May your Mother's day be full of happiness and joy
Enjoy all your loved ones, no need to be coy
Not just for that day but all the year through
Wishing you love and contentment
and joy and peace too

Happy Mother's Day!!!!!!!!!!!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Thank you for the poem with it’s beautiful sentiment @missy :love:I’m sure the kitties are very glad to have such a lovely humom as you.

Safe trip to your sisters for the family get together, enjoy the special time.

That killer rabbit will only blow the lot on carrots and fast fluff balls @marcy :lol:

Safe trip @Tekate, take care on the roads.

Hi @Jimmianne the weather’s taken a nose dive here, decidedly cooler and now rain :(2 Hope it isn’t heading your way.

Hey @junebug17 enjoy your trip to SC, have fun.

We got out at the right time today, because as soon as we got home, it started raining and hasn’t stopped :???: No gardening for us today

Hope you’re enjoying your weekend @PierreBear and your IT band isn’t causing you any problems.

Happy mother’s day, whether your children have 2 or 4 paws :D

:wavey:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all!

Missy, thank you so much for that lovely Mother's Day poem, so beautifully written and very touching - made me tear up a bit. (((Hugs))). I hope you are having a lovely day with your family.

Hi Jimmianne! Hope you're having a fabulous time, looking forward to hearing from you!

Marcy, lol to that extorting rabbit, he has no shame! :D

Austina, sorry about the rain, fingers crossed that tomorrow is better.

I'm off to the airport in a few hours, so doing a little packing and straightening up. I hope everyone is having a good weekend so far, I'll check in soon! Xox

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Missy, what a lovely poem. Thank you.

Busy week working, minding the painting and getting lights, and of course bike riding. Did a nice long cycle today--followed by jean shopping for the DH (score @40% off) and lunch out. Lovely warm, sunny day.

I took 7 items into my Estate place--stuff that had been unworn and taking up bank space. While there I saw an remarkable sapphire, above 5 carats, with documents. :love: SOOOO beautiful. Difficult not to love those beautiful blues. Anyway.

Hope everyone is well, and having a nice weekend.:wavey:

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Missy, I love your sunrise picture. I have the Earth Cam app and often watch the sunset on one of the Hawaii webcams. I love watching lightning; my goal is get a picture of red spirtes above a thunderstorm this summer. A lot of our bad storms get bigger as they converge over Nebraska so I should have a chance anyway. I am glad you and Greg got in a lot of miles on your tandem bike this week. Ha Ha, I know my eye sight is awful but I looked all over around your house trying to find the kitty in the shadows then noticed it right out front. Your beach house is awesome. I hope you had a great time in Long Island today. Thank you very much for such aa thoughtful and loving Mother’s Day poem for all of us. I really appreciate it.

PierreBear, sorry you have some reservations about choosing the no children path. I sometimes think about what I missed not having kids; but I’m okay with it. I know my Porsche is cheaper than a few kids. And you can always change your mind. I am sure most of us on PS are more than willing to talk about our jewelry. Probably to the point of they probably are sorry they asked. Definitely hug your kitty and enjoy some chocolate.

Tekate, I like your thoughts on motherhood. Love is love and doesn’t have to be only for children. You are right some people don’t get the maternal instinct until they have their own children and some never have it. I adore my nieces and nephews and love spending time with them and I am happy to spoil them from afar. I am glad your DIL is excited about Yellowstone. It is a beautiful place.

Austina, too funny that Colin prefers a chauffeur; Marty always wants the be the driver. He gives me a hard time that if he has to ride with me he is going to need a few bottles of scotch. LOL that once you have children you can’t give them back. Marty tried - we’d been married about 3 months and stopped by my parents house. Marty rang the doorbell and my dad answered the door. Marty said “I am returning her for a refund”. My dad chuckled big time and said nope, I already changed the locks. LOL to “brats” at work. They weren’t bad on Friday. Lucky me. I am glad you told Adam to get a refund on your flowers. Marty always sends Pro Flowers and they always arrive mostly dead; I am sure they freeze on the way here and just don’t make it. LOL that the KR will blow his money of fast fluff balls. Glad you beat the rain home.

Junebug, the killer rabbits do not have any shame. I hope your flight went well.

Sharon, you have been busy. The 5+ carat sapphire sounds fabulous.

Jimmianne, on no to no wifi at your house; i know I’d get all sorts of things done without the darned internet calling my name.

I spent my evening last night researching handheld vacuums and decided I wanted the new Dyson Cyclone V10 animal cordless vacuum. We had to go to Fort Collins to get it but we picked it up this morning. Marty talked to them about getting a whole house integrated system that does security, security cameras, door bell, doors, thermostat, lights, etc. Who knows if he’ll get it but picked up brochures on it. After Best Buy we headed too our favorite kitchen store and picked up a few things there including divine chocolate covered cherries. We had lunch then headed home. It was a nice outing on a chilly, rainy and foggy day.

Have a fabulous weekend.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We just tried our new vacuum. It works great! How crap how much it sucked up in a short time. :clap:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Mother's Day girls!

@junebug17 hope you had a good flight and are enjoying yourself and your family in lovely SC at your beautiful beach house.:appl:

@Austina happy belated Mother's Day. Glad you got home just in time yesterday and sorry about the rain and not being able to garden. It's raining here too so it's a dreary Sunday but holding on to the memories of a sunny beautiful week. Hope you have a wonderful Sunday. Haha to Colin preferring a chauffeur. I think Greg would enjoy it if I drove more but I prefer to be driven. :lol-2:

@marcy that's an awesome plan to capture the red spirtes above a thunderstorm this summer. Please keep us posted. That is going to be spectacular. Mother Nature is breathtaking in her beauty albeit occasionally violent weather. I always enjoy a good thunderstorm as long as no one gets hurt or loses power.

Woohoo to the animal Dyson cordless working so well. We have a few cordless animal Dysons as you know but from a few years ago so a different model. Don't remember which model it is but we liked it enough to buy 3 lol. Hope yours keeps sucking strong.:lol:

Good luck researching the whole house integrated system that does security, security cameras, door bell, doors, thermostat, lights. We love our system at the beach house but I think Greg retrofitted some stuff to do lights and thermostat so not sure if that is part of our system. Frontpoint. 7 years and so far we are impressed.

Haha to Marty asking your parents for a refund. :P2 That is a good joke because Marty won the lottery when he fell in love with you and you fell right back in love with him.:kiss2:

@canuk-gal you are accomplishing a lot. Working, supervising the painting, getting the lights and cycling. Score on the 40% off jean purchase for your dh. And nice to enjoying lunch out. Good for you bringing those 7 items to the estate place. And wowza on the 5 carat. (Any photos?:cheeky:) A perfect end of the week/weekend.:appl:

@Tekate hope you are having a wonderful Mother's Day weekend.:appl:

We had a lovely time yesterday and made the trip from the beach to Brooklyn with not much of a problem and then out to my sister's where it took us a long time because of traffic. But it was worth it and we had a good time. My aunt and uncle were there as well as my parents and my nieces and all their animals. Doves, cats and a dog. Fun was had by all. Unfortunately I have nothing I can safely eat anymore but that is a story for another day. I am struggling with what to eat and seriously have no safe protein source right now and if I cannot get my mercury down I may never be able to eat fish again.

Anyway with that issue aside we enjoyed ourselves and sharing a few photos of the day.

gregandzena.jpg

Mom trying on her new kitty apron.
gregandmommothersday2018.jpg

Bethany with one of the 2 doves they rescued years ago from an abusive situation. It took the doves a while to start cooing again but once they realized they were safe and loved they started cooing lots. They are precious though a bit noisy at times. Haha.
bethanyanddove.jpg

and excuse my prescription sunglasses...I forgot my regular prescription glasses (long day) and only had my these with me and I cannot see a thing without glasses or contact lenses. Smart move right? :geek: But I got to pretend I was Greta Garbo :cheeky:
gretagarbo.jpg
Look how tall she is getting. She's only 12:o
missyandbethanymothersday2018.jpg
missyandalexamothersday2018.jpeg

and last but not least my dad with my sister and Alexa.

daddebbieandalexamothersday2018.jpg

Thanks for letting me share my family photos and have a wonderful Sunday girls.:wavey:

Attachments

• missyandalexamothersday2018.jpg
    missyandalexamothersday2018.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 9

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy mother’s day lovelies

Thank you for the photos @missy I always enjoy seeing them. Look at Zena and Greg, she’s really settled in to her new home and you can see how confident she is. Lovely photo of Greg and your Mum in her cute kitty apron. You look very film star in your shades :lol:

I’m so sorry to hear that’s it’s getting difficult to find things to eat :(2

Your nieces are getting so grown up, time really does fly by, can’t quite believe my little boy will be 35 this year :-o

When his friends were there, he took them to a Western clothes store and they tried on cowboy hats, and it really suited him :D

Your Dad should’ve told Marty he’d hit the jackpot! That sounds like the sort of thing Colin would’ve said, I keep him on his toes by telling him he’s only my first husband :mrgreen:

If you can capture that photo, it’ll be spectacular.

Adam has his house set up so that he can remotely set and unset the alarm, open and close the garage doors, adjust the A/C, check on the security cameras, and just before we visited, he’d installed the Kevo door lock. He did it himself, and said it wasn’t difficult. I know Marty doesn’t have much time at home, but he may be able to do it.

Were you seriously tempted by the sapphire @canuk-gal ? It must’ve been really sizeable, my pinky is 4.56 and about 10x8 I think.

Hope your flight to SC was uneventful @junebug17 and you’re enjoying your time there.

The weather is much brighter today, we’ve been for a long walk and had some frozen yogurt :lickout:

I must do some cleaning later, oh the excitement :lol:

Have a great day :wavey:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi there nirdis!

Missy, what lovely pics of your family, the girls are adorable, and I cannot believe how big they are getting, your older niece got so tall...how did that happen? Zena is a sweetheart and looks so happy. Love the pics of your parents and Greg, glad you had a great time. I'm sorry about the diet challenges :(2 My dd used a vegetable based protein powder when she was eating a vegan diet, found this https://www.verywellfit.com/best-vegan-protein-powders-4159964
Costco sells one too.

Sharon, the sapphire you saw sounds gorgeous! I adore your sapphire ring. Your day out with dh sounds wonderful, so fun to be out and about after such a miserable winter.

Marcy, glad you are happy with your Dyson, I think Dyson makes good products. Your day out sounds great and such a nice distraction from the weather. Yum to chocolate covered cherries. The integrated system for the house sounds very cool.

Austina, good to hear the weather is better for you, and frozen yogurt sounds great. :lickout:

My flight went well, other than being delayed for over an hour. Got in late and had trouble falling asleep - my own fault, I had a Starbucks iced coffee at the airport and man those things are strong lol! Nice day here today, sunny and warm. Nothing special planned, we'll probably just go down to the beach for a bit and then out to dinner. We're heading back here Memorial Day weekend and my niece and her fiance are staying with us, so we need to do a little cleaning but not today - As Scarlett said, I'll think about that tomorrow :P2

Have a great day everyone! <3

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI EVERYONE!!! happy moms day to all the lovely mom's whether it's fur or human we all love our family. I have always found Mother's Day to be sad since my mother died.. took the punch out of it, while I am a genetic mom, it was always a day to get dandelions for my mom when I was a kid.. But I heard from both sons so that is a good thing!

@Austina I too have been cleaning! I suppose it's a quiet day to do it!

@missy such beautiful pictures, I was talking to my niece and she said it was rainy in Williamsburg, she's been so down since my sister died, she said today was a better day and she was going to paint her apartment! she was connected to my sister, I told her last year that next year will be worse, she agreed today, but I heard a sense of acceptance in her voice that I was happy to hear. I love her.. she is named after me! Your nieces are to die for adorable, my nieces go from 38 down to 24, I love them all, they are so special.. you look beautiful Missy, I sososo hope you are feeling okay.

I'm leaving on Tuesday morning so I will be sketchy to check in but when we get to a motel I will check in ladies.

This is such a lovely room with truly nice girls, lucky me!!!

Have safe, wonderful, happy, SAFE weeks ladies!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s! Happy Mother’s Day whether your kids are real, come in pet form or imaginary like a stuffed teddy bear. We all mother something or someone.

Missy, great family pictures. I enjoyed seeing them and your nieces seem to grow up more each time you post a picture of them. I love you in your sunglasses; you are a rock star. I was just telling Marty this morning I was wondering what you’d be able to eat now if you can’t ear fish. Good luck figuring that out. I am with you on enjoying the violence of nature but I don’t want anyone getting hurt by it. My deck should be a great spot to watch distant thunderstorms and I can use binoculars looking for the red sprite phenomenon. I was thinking of getting 2 of the older versions of Dyson cordless but decided the new model should be able to clean our house on one charge and the new model wasn’t that much more than buying 2 of the other models. I was thinking of vacuuming again this afternoon. It sounds like Greg has your beach house set up really well for an all house system. I will relay Frontpoint to Marty when he does research on a whole house system. Right now it’s an assortment of different things and apps. Do you have a monitoring system that dispatches police or do you call them yourself? I know you had a recent incident when the door apparently blew open? Ha ha that Marty won the lottery when he fell in love with me and me with him. I’ll try to remind him of that sometime.

Austina, that is pretty funny you tell Colin he is only your first husband. I like it. Agreed that would be spectacular to capture a photo of red sprites. It will be more luck that skill. Thank you for the info on Adam’s system and set up. I know Marty can set it all up himself but he keeps thinking about doing it then has too travel. I will mention that door system to Marty as well. As I told Missy none of our current system works together. Our security system is wifi so it could be hooked in with everything else. Our security cameras are a different app and sadly have not been updated to the new IOS; it only works on our phones and no longer works on our iPads. Marty has them all up on a monitor in his office and it stores a week work of video. Our door bell is hooked in with our phone line so rings our telephone and we can talk to whoever is at the door. I’m kind of indifferent to controlling my thermostat or lights but it is a great feature.

Junebug, darn that your flight way delayed but not much you can do to change that. That’s too bad you didn’t sleep well; I often think Marty’s frequent insomnia is due too coffee; he generally drinks a double espresso. And I’m with you and Scarlett; cleaning the house can wait until another day. That will be nice to have company over Memorial Day weekend. Tiger is moving up the leader board today. Marty’s napping and missing it all.

Tekate, yes mother’s day is hard for me too. I am glad to hear your sons brightened your day. I am glad you are close with your niece; I bet it helps both of you. Have a fun and safe trip.

Marty is my cook today. He made me a Marty McMuffin for breakfast then we went grocery shopping. Marty made us some pasta sauce, meatballs and linguine for lunch. What a nice change from old veggies, beef and potatoes. We tried the recipe making the rounds online for the best pasta sauce ever with only 3 ingredients. It wasn't bad but I wouldn't let Marty add any seasonings this time to try it first by itself. It was quite decent but I told him he could add garlic and oregano for sure next time. It's made of peeled canned tomatoes, butter and an onion that you simmer for 45 minutes. While he was making our lunch I ran some pink carnations out to the cemetery. I was rather surprised it wasn't busier than it was; maybe people wait for memorial day. Now i am working on laundry and trying to figure out how to win the lottery so I can call in sick FOREVER!!!

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls and happy Monday. It's a dreary rainy morning but supposed to clear up. I am sorry some of you are missing your moms and sending you hugs and love and hope the happy memories help comfort you. (((Hugs))).

@junebug17 sorry you had a bit of a flight delay but glad you got there without much trouble and are settling in and happy to be there. Hope you have lovely sunny weather and get to enjoy the beach and woohoo for going down Memorial Day weekend too and for entertaining your niece and her FI. LOL yes, cleaning can wait. After all, "tomorrow is another day" haha. Hope you slept well last night.

Thanks for that protein powder info. There is so much on the cannot eat list that I am seriously not getting enough protein. Yesterday I only had 25% of my RDA of protein and that was with cheating (I had nuts which are verboten on the AIP diet). So I dont think I will be able to do this AIP the correct way. If I could eat meat or fish it wouldn't be so bad (still challenging however) but since I am off fish for who knows long maybe forever and since I won't eat meat (I just can't bring myself to) and since beans are on the forbidden list I am SOL.

@marcy thank you and yes check out frontpoint. It does everything we need to. Alarm and disarm remotely, both thermostats remotely, fire and water sensors to alert us to any issues, and yes it dispatches the police immediately if the alarm goes off and they cannot get in touch with us. In fact we have had that happen about 4 or 5 times over the past 4 or 5 years lol. Better safe than sorry.

I am glad you like the new Dyson and we are thinking of getting another one now as one of the three we have just stopped working right and Greg and I have too much going on to try to figure it out. He has tried to fix it a few times now but I think the easiest thing is to get a new one. Will check out the model you got. Not happy though as Dyson isn't cheap and it should have worked for longer than however long it did. My concept of time is flying by so not sure how long we had it but less than 2 years. I think.

Glad Marty was your chef yesterday and that you also got to bring pink carnations to the cemetery. (((Hugs))).

@Austina hope you got your cleaning accomplished. Wow I cannot believe your son is 35 either. You cannot be more than 35 yourself. I have seen photos! I am sure your son looked very handsome in his cowboy hat and hope he bought it. Every texan needs a few cowboy hats.:sun: Yay to your weather being brighter and enjoying a nice long walk the other day. I think we have your past gloomy weather now for a while. Yes eating is a challenge now and I am in a conundrum. I will post in another post after this the Autoimmune Protocol diet for you all as an FYI. It's a strict subset of the Paleo but does not allow for any nuts at all and certainly no beans. And of course no gluten, no dairy, no sugar, no coffee (HA you know that is not happening with me) and many many other things I cannot eat on the AIP. AI Phooey. :lol:

@Tekate you are always so kind and generous, thank you. You are a sweetheart. I am glad you have a close relationship with your nieces. I am sorry your sister is gone and cannot imagine how much you all miss her. It was a rainy weekend here and looks like the next week plus will be rainy too. Have a safe and fun trip and we are here when you have the time and capability to check in. (((Hugs))).

This is such a lovely room with truly nice girls, lucky me!!!

That’s exactly how I feel @Tekate :D

Me three.:kiss2:

We are lucky because the NIRDIs who post here are wonderful people. Loving, smart, funny, kind and generous and wise. And I appreciate every single one of you more than words can convey. (((Hugs))).

grouphug.gif

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a summary of the AIP diet if anyone here is interested and wants to try it along with me:whistle::devil: hahaha cmon I need some company...JK!:lol: I wouldn't wish to make anyone else do this restrictive diet.:knockout:

http://www.saragottfriedmd.com/is-the-autoimmune-protocol-necessary/

The Autoimmune Protocol (AIP) Diet
The Autoimmune Protocol (AIP) is a very restrictive diet that removes foods considered to be gut irritants. The AIP is a stricter version of the Paleo diet, which involves the elimination of grains, legumes, dairy, and processed foods. The AIP takes things a step (actually an entire staircase) further, and eliminates many foods which have been shown to potentially irritate and cause holes in the gut lining. The AIP is very difficult for many people to follow, but sometimes it’s temporarily necessary to fully heal a very leaky gut.

Foods eliminated on the Autoimmune Protocol (AIP) Diet:

• Grains – wheat, rice, corn, and others; and pseudograins (millet, amaranth, teff, etc.)
  • Legumes – all beans including peanuts, black beans, pinto beans, hummus, etc.
  • Dairy – all sources of dairy, even raw or fermented
  • Nuts and seeds all nuts and seeds including cashews, almonds, quinoa, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, seed-based spices, chocolate, coffee, etc.
  • Eggs especially the white part of the egg, which contains inflammatory proteins
  • Nightshades tomatoes, potatoes, peppers, tomatillos, eggplants, goji berries and several spices
  • Industrial seed oils – pretty much all liquid oils, except for olive and avocado oils
  • Processed foods basically anything that comes out of a package
  • Alcohol – it is well established that alcohol induces a leaky gut. [4]
  • NSAIDs Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs such as Ibuprofen, aspirin, and naproxen, which cause holes to form in the gut and stomach linings. [5]
  • Sugar, starches, fruits, yeasts, FODMAPs Sweet, starchy, and yeast-containing foods can contribute to imbalances in the gut microflora (dysbiosis) by feeding unfavorable bacteria in the gut. They are best limited or restricted especially at first on the AIP.
remove the following from your diet:

Paleo_AIP-1024x791.jpg

So you can see since I won't eat red meat, chicken, turkey or pork and since for now (and who knows how long maybe forever) I cannot eat fish (due to mercury poisoning) where can I get my protein from? I used a nutritional tracking device yesterday and am woefully deficient in protein and that was with eating nuts and some beans yesterday as I have not yet fully embraced this diet. So without those foods I will be getting even less protein. Don't feel you have to comment just sharing my thoughts about this and appreciate you listening. Of course if you have anything to add I am more than grateful to hear your thoughts. Just don't want you to feel obligated to comment. Thanks.

Oh and yesterday we bought a love seat, chaise and ottoman for our beach house. :appl:Fingers crossed it gets delivered properly because it took us hours to sort it out as they messed it up a few times. Will share more when we get it. Very excited about that. Our old love seat and couch and ottoman are terribly ripped up from our darling cats haha. Sweet dears. Destructive but oh so lovable.:kiss2:

Have a wonderful Monday ladies!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

:-o What is there left you can eat @missy? I’m not trying to be flippant, but you can’t exist on fresh air, I’m feeling really concerned that you’ll get ill from being on such a restricted diet. Apart from one or two things, everything on the do not eat list, is my normal diet. I know I probably eat too much (OK, I DO eat too much) but I’m very healthy . You have no control over the conditions you’re affected by, but I didn’t realise just how restrictive your diet is because of them. :(2 Do you have Quorn there?

If you don’t wear your contacts or glasses when we meet, and I’m standing with the sun behind me, you ‘might’ think I’m 35, otherwise, no chance :lol: but thank you for being so sweet. :love:

Glad you’re happy with the new Dyson @marcy, I think I’ve mentioned that Adam thinks it picks up better than the big corded one. That thing’s like a tank to lug about!

I’m sorry Mother’s Day is hard for you, it will sound strange, but I envy you having had such a good relationship with your parents. It’s very obvious you were close and miss them. :cry:

Yum to pasta and meatballs, and yes, there’s nothing that garlic and herbs can’t enhance. :lickout:.

I’ll keep my fingers crossed that you win the lottery so you can give up work and join us ‘ladies of leisure’. :cheeky:

Oh phooey to your flight delay @junebug17 , travelling is stressful enough without extra holdups. Hope the weather is being kind to you, have fun.

Are you all set for your trip @Tekate ? Car all loaded, supplies for the journey sorted? We have a saying here for these type of situations, that you’ve packed everything bar the kitchen sink! :lol:

Hope you’re enjoying the same good weather we’re having @Jimmianne, it’s beautiful here and we’re set for a good week. Of course, there’s a certain couple praying for lovely weather this Saturday :D

Have you had a good weekend @PierreBear ?

We had a long walk at VW this morning, and popped out this afternoon as we needed a few things. Got Colin a lovely pair of leather loafers 50% off, he’s like me in that he doesn’t have big feet, so we’re often lucky with shoes :mrgreen2:

Happy Monday NIRDIs :wavey:

P

PierreBear

Hello and hope everyone had a wonderful mother’s day weekend. We had a great weekend and one of the highlights was going to an art gallery that had a 50% sale. Picked up some really interesting art that had an acrylic frame. Oh the other highlight was making a ginger chocolate ice cream. Yummm the combination was so interesting and the consistency was great. After this batch of ice cream, we glad we got our little ice cream maker. Did a lot of reading this weekend. I’m usually not a war person but we finally watched the movie Dunkirk but also the book I’m reading is set during the Vietnam war but is told from the perspective of two photographers. Pure fiction but if anyone is interested, it is called The Lotus Eaters by Tatjana Soli. Only half way through it but enjoying it!

PS – I was supposed to wake up at midnight to register for classes. Taking breaks and rolls in the Fall and heard it fills up quick. Didn’t register until the morning but luckily there was still room in the class. Wheewwww….. Hope ya’ll have a great week!

@Tekate – Thank you for sharing your motherly advice to me! Hope you had a great weekend with the kids/pets/husband… : )

@Austina – Appreciate your words of wisdom. I’ve never heard that statistic that couples without children are happier.

Booo… dead flowers? Ridiculous and poor ethics on that company. Adam is a very sweet boy. Hurray for the mom who raised him so well.

Yay to Colin getting a new pair of shoes. Does that mean you gets a new matching pair too? hehehe

@junebug17 – It’s hard to be sad during the entire weekend though when you get to rest and catch up on life outside of work. We still had a great weekend! Hope you had a great one yourself. Safe travels!

@marcy – Hello bunny!

Hope you enjoy the new Dyson. We have a basic plug in Dyson and it works well for our us. Does the cordless have a good battery life? I’ve had a few dust busters in the past and over a year it only seems to hold it’s charge for a few minutes at the time (like how the laptop batteries looses charge over time). May that not be the case for a fancy Dyson though!!!

@missy – Can’t wait to see your purses. Hope things are going well for you in regards to finding the right DRs and foods to eat. I’m sure you’ve already started to explore the world of soybeans and other legumes? What about a “protein supplement” or does that give you the same problems. Big hugs to you!

Can’t wait to see the beach furniture all set up!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@Austina: However outstanding, I was not tempted by the sapphire. I have one that is pretty nice, if I do say so myself. :rodent: My goal is to whittle down my collection to a small number of pieces I actually wear. And score on the 50% off shoes--I got some new Mizuno runners for 20% off; they are my staple so I was pleased.

Missy I am also worried about your (severe) diet restrictions and implications on your overall health. I wish I knew the answer.

It is lovely and warm today--so I went out for a ride. DH is golfing so he'll get his exercise.

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Missy, I hope the sun came out today. It nailed me right in the bad eye tonight walking over to shut the front door. Maybe that’s how I scared my macula. I agree with you it’s better to be safe than sorry; especially when you aren’t at the beach house all the time. On no that one of you Dyson’s isn’t working right. The new one we bought has a 2 year warranty; maybe the one you have is still under warranty and can be fixed for free. Yes, all of the NIRDI’s are wonderful people. I can see where that diet is very challenging. Of course the no alcohol turned me right off it. Good luck with figuring that out. Nice getting some new furniture for the beach house.

Austina, I saw the smaller corded Dyson weights 18 pounds so I’d hate to think how much the larger one weighs. I do consider myself lucky that I had great parents who I was very close to; we spent a lot of time together. I haven’t checked my lotto ticket numbers yet but I never heard a winning ticket was sold here so I won’t hold my breathe. I’d love to join you ladies of leisure. That’s a great deal to find some nice loafers for Colin at half price.

PierreBear, nice you found some art you liked on sale. Ginger chocolate ice cream sounds interesting. My MIL has a cinnamon chocolate cake that is quite tasty. The Dyson we got is supposed to last 60 minutes using normal power. That should be enough to give our house a once over. Our old Kenmore has seen way better days. My Dust Buster doesn’t last long either; I may throw it out now or maybe see if Marty wants it in his shop or man cave.

Sharon, good idea to whittle down your collection to the pieces you wear all the time. Yeah for get some Mizuno for 20% off.

I sure hated to have my alarm go off this morning. I uttered a few choice words. I was mostly bored at work and didn't do much to change that other than watching about 5 programs I had on the DVR. :lol:

I saved us from an evil spider yesterday. I saw this black thing on the door jam that I swore was a black widow. It kind of looked smashed but I wasn't sure and didn't want to get close enough to look at it. So I sneak around the other way, get a fly swatter and 3 sheets of paper towel then return to the scene of the vicious spider. It hadn't moved at all so I hit it - SMACK! Turned out it was a clump of black thread. :lol: Yes my vision is that bad in low light.

We had some 2" hail in the area today; Nooooooo! Not that already.

Laters,
Marcy

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

Missy, yay to new furniture! Always fun to get something new for the house, and to have something to look forward to.

I wish I had some good advice about the protein issue. The only thing I can think of is to check with your doctor and see if he has any advice or suggestions; not being able to eat fish is a pretty big obstacle to staying on this AIP diet and I would think he'd be concerned too. Really sorry you're dealing with this but please try to hang in there, there must be some answer to this challenge. (((Hugs)))

Tekate, safe travels, wishing you a great start to your adventure and hope you can check in soon!

Austina, very nice on the 50% off!

Marcy, Tiger made a good effort but Webb Simpson just could not be beat! Marty's meals sound really good, I love meatballs and pasta. Lol to calling in sick forever :P2

Sharon, very nice that the weather is continuing to be good for you! Congrats on the sale, I always love finding a good deal.

PB, glad you enjoyed your weekend! Congrats on getting into the class. Ginger chocolate ice cream sounds delicious.

Not much new - dh had to work for a while so I washed some sheets and towels, and did a little cleaning. We went for a bike ride after dh was finished, and then out for a nice dinner.

Hope everyone has a good Tuesday!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@junebug17 Oh so much fun and yay to cycling with your dh. So glad you are enjoying your time there. Sorry dh has to work for a while but glad you guys made this trip work for you. Enjoy!

Thank you Junie. My internist actually called me last night and is not happy with me as he said I must eat protein and he said start eating salmon once or twice a week and sardines once or twice a week. Sigh. And he doesnt even know (since I didnt know last night) that I lost 4 lbs. I decided to weigh myself this AM because I was concerned as I have not been eating much at all these past few days. How is it possible I lost 4lbs. Not pleased at all especially at my age I dont want my face (or butt lol) falling in omg. I stopped nuts and protein and I know I must add something back. It's scary because mercury on one hand and inflammatory foods on the other. What's a girl to do.:???:

@Austina good deal getting Colin loafers at 50% off woohoo. I have huge feet and somehow a popular size too because my shoe size is always first to go. I rarely am able to snag bargains. But then again I mainly wear my boots in the cooler weather and now that the weather is warmer (HA for a minute as it is cool and wet again here) I am wearing ballet flats though I do have those new expensive sneaker shoes I bought that I want to try wearing soon. Yay to enjoying a lovely long walk yesterday mornign at VW. Lovely.

@canuk-gal yes to getting a ride in yesterday and yay to your dh playing golf and so glad for you that your weather is cooperating. And thank you, I am also concerned as well especially since I lost weight already. Not sure what I am going to do. It feels like any choice is fraught with problems so I am in a definite quandary. Don't worry about me I will figure it out. Somehow. It just seems every decision is hard for me lately and when I read and research I cannot process like I used to. I know it is crazy to think the mercury has fogged my brain already but maybe it has. IDK. ::) But hopefully I will figure it out.

Yes to getting Mizuno runners for 20% off.:appl:

Oh no @marcy, Boo to hail yesterday oh my goodness and yay to the sun but boo to it getting you in your "bad" eye. I am happy you love your new Dyson. I dont think our is still under warranty as I believe Greg checked that a few months ago when it started acting up. We also have a corded Dyson and yes it is super heavy. I vacuumed with it the other day and what a hassle. Plugging and unplugging and moving it etc. I definitely prefer the cordless.

Ugh I remember those days when the alarm would wake us from a sound sleep. Sorry work was boring but glad you got to catch up on your DVR viewing.:sun:

Yes to protecting yourselves from the spider. You should get those killer bunnies on that task. Tell them to make themselves useful.:lol:

@PierreBear thank you. Wow ginger chocolate ice cream. Yummmmmmm.:lickout: And yes to art sale. Sounds lovely and hope you adore your purchase. We love art and if we had more wall space (and money haha) we would definitely be collectors. We have a few (IMO) masterpieces from our favorite artists but that is all. Glad you got the classes you wanted though you missed the midnight wake up call. Worked out whew! I cannot eat beans/legumes/soy etc on the AIP protocol. FYI you can check the chart out I shared with y'all here in my post from yesterday.

Some of you know I "wigged" out yesterday :lol: and cannot believe it but I purchased it. Definitely not wearing it during summer and warm weather but I am being proactive and want it just in case. Though pricey for a just in case. But I look at it differently now and if I can give myself a little comfort it is worth the expense. I just have no clue how to store it properly since I am not wearing it. I want to keep it on the styrofoam head in a storage closet but I know dust will get on it but not sure what it is safe to cover it with yanno. I dont want to mush it so not packing it away but I know dust is bad and I want to preserve its life as best I can but again what can I cover it with? Anyway just musing. Will share pics though I did share these on IG too. I don't think all of you are on IG. So for you ladies here you go.

Blonde with dark rooting I believe is the proper color description.
wig.jpg

wigincar.jpg

to show you it's still plenty of hair despite being thinned out quite a bit from the original.
wigincar.jpeg

backofwig.jpg

I was there almost 4 hours. Tried so many on and ended up with handmade hand sewn European hair 20". The stylist had to cut lots of it off and thin it for me as it was too full for my face. Such a weird experience thinning "my" hair because IRL my hair is thin already so never would a stylist have to thin my real hair. Also we were there so long because I am very sensitive and one of the sewers there had to sew ribbon all around it to make it more soft for my scalp. That took her an hour. Very labor intensive. Anyway sharing with you ladies because one I know you are interested and 2 because I am not embarrassed and when I wear it I will not keep it secretive if someone asks me I will tell them it is a wig. I know not everyone does that and there is no right or wrong but what works best for the individual. For me I like things above board and feel comfortable sharing. There is no one right way. What works for each person is what is best.

While I was there one of their IG models walked in and had some styling done and tried on wigs too and she flipped out when she found out my age. They all did lol. It was a bit embarrassing and I think I will keep my mouth shut about my age from now on around new people. It was a little too much of a big deal made.:oops2:

So the real question is: Do blondes have more fun? I will let you know as soon as I know.:bigsmile:

OK so it is Tuesday. Lots to do today including waiting for incompetent Cablevision. They did'nt make it to their scheduled appointment with us yesterday AM and it was a huge hassle and I sure hope they show on time today. I literally spent hours on the phone with them yesterday trying to figure out where the heck the technician was and it was just an exercise in frustration. Sometimes I just want to say I am done with all this nonsense and just want to hide away in bed for a few months. Even silly nonsense like this is getting to be a bit more than I can handle these days. #feelingoverwhelmed #gratefulforgoodfriends

Hope you all have a wonderful day and (((hugs))) to you all.:wavey:

P

PierreBear

Good morning! Hope everyone is doing well. Met a friend for dinner yesterday. It was her first ramen experience and so was glad to open her to new culinary treats. DH put up another piece of wall art that we got the past weekend. Ooppsss didn’t figure it out until afterwards that it might look better in another spot in the house. Wish that light bulb went off earlier. Good thing DH is a good sport and enjoys being “handy husband” which is my nickname for him when he does those type of things. Hope everyone has a great day!

@canuk-gal – Impressive that you ride solo. I’m to fearful of the cars to cycle by myself. Well, I also don’t like to change bike flats too. hehehe

@marcy – Dyson vacuum sounds great. Who wants to vacuum for more than 60 minutes at a time anyhow? : )

Yuck… evil spider/thread…. Get it girl!!! Was it thread from your knitting projects?

@junebug17 – Good job on getting the house cleaned. It’s on my to do list to wash the sheets this week. One of my least favorite activities is putting sheets back on the bed. I think I actually rather clean toilets?!

@missy – How you are making some strides with your diet challenges. I wish I could make a tofu scrambler for you sometime.

@Austina – Hello and big hugs to Dottie for me!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, you are just so lovely, bless you and your beautiful family! xoxo

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Wow @missy you look fantastic, it’s so natural, when I saw the photos on IG I totally thought it was all you! I didn’t think it possible, but it’s making you look even younger and more gorgeous!

Oh no to losing weight, I hope you can find something to eat and put the weight back on, there’s not that much of you that you can afford to lose. In the spirit of true friendship, you can have as much of my excess as you want! :D If only it was that easy, did you get the results back yet from your urine tests?

:x2To the cable people, hope they turned up today.

Haha, yes I did get a little something for myself yesterday @PierreBear a pair of little leather flatties in rose gold. Sometimes you need to move things around to find the perfect spot, just means you need more artwork :P2

Your thready spider made me :lol: @marcy, sounds like the sort of thing Colin would do! Boo to hailstones, someone needs a serious word with Mother Nature.

So glad the alarm clock doesn’t feature large in our life these days, but I remember that sinking feeling well.

Sounds like you had a good day @junebug17 always great to go out for a nice dinner. How’s your brother doing?

Glad you’re having good weather @canuk-gal so that you can get out and enjoy it. If you’re throwing out jewellery, please throw some my way, I promise to love it and take good care of it :lol:

Went to Pilates today and used the dreaded roller, my balance is hopeless and I spent more time falling off than staying on it :???:

It’s been a lovely day here, so I’ve had washing drying outside, washed and ironed bedding, and even sorted and washed clothes for the cruise :mrgreen:

I hope you have a safe drive @Tekate .

:wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

29C glorious degrees here. Pure blue Alberta sky. Where was this 3 months ago?? lol. Actually not so funny.....:lol-2:

Went for a walk early and rode 7K. I was warm enough--breeze off the water coming back added value. I am a warm weather girl.

I need to go and pick up the lights...I'll so that Thursday when it is predicted to be rather cool and wet. I am not going to waste 10 minutes of my warm weather time shopping.:cheeky:

Hope all NIRDI's are OK.:wavey:

cheers--Sharon

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Nirdis!

Missy, I'm a bit embarrassed, I thought you had your hair colored when I saw the IG pics! ...but that's a good thing, it looks so natural I was fooled, and the blonde highlights suit you really well, you look beautiful! I'm very glad having it is giving you peace of mind and comfort. Good to hear that you spoke with the internist and I hope adding fish back to your diet works out ok for you and helps keep your weight up. And hopefully things worked out today with the cable company.

Marcy, thank goodness it turned out not to be a spider! Oh not to 2 inch hail, that stinks, please be careful. Hope your work week is going as smoothly as possible so far.

Sharon, I'm with you, no sense in wasting a nice day running errands! Glad you're enjoying some biking and good weather.

Austina, sounds like you had a productive day, and how fun to be gearing up for your cruise! I feel your pain, I took an exercise class today and we did some exercises that involved standing on one leg and I kept toppling over :oops: Thanks for asking about my brother, he seems to be doing pretty well. Has settled in for the most part, and he recently finished putting in a new wood floor.

PB, oh no to having to move the painting, good thing your dh is handy! I agree with you about putting sheets on beds, ugh, what a tedious job. Thank goodness for cordless headphones, listening to music does help a little.

It was a hot and sunny day today and we were able to take a dip in the pool. We're heading back to NJ tomorrow morning, so back to reality!

Have a good night everyone!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Junebug, Webb Simpson certainly had the game of his life this weekend. It’s nice to see someone play so well. I could just go in to work and get my bears and leave a sticky note on my desk that says “I won’t be back - EVER!”. Darn that your DH had to work for a while. Poor Marty was on the phone all day from 7:15 until about 4:30. He said they get some things accomplished. I am glad to hear you guys got out for a nice ride. Work has been pretty decent this week. Nice. I am glad you’ve had a nice time on your vacation.

Missy, sorry to hear you lost 4 pounds and aren’t eating much. I am glad your internist is checking on you and giving you some suggestions. Big hugs to you. I know you will figure it out but I’m worried about you too. I can see why cordless vacs are so popular; they beat the heck out of lugging around a heavy, corded one. Darn that your Dyson is no longer under warranty. Phooey. Good idea to get the Killer Rabbits on spider detail. I hate miller moths and one got in one of our furnace vents so Marty set a KR to watch it for me. What a guy! That is a plus for me that I can watch (actually it’s more I can listen) to TV at work. Your wig looks fabulous. I am glad you decided to buy one for peace of mind. I think you can get something like a hat box to store the styrofoam head. Oh no to Cablevision being a pain. I hope they showed up.

PierreBear, some tines you just have to move things around; no biggie. We have some painting in our stair well that made me a nervous wreck watching Marty hang them. He built an multi level platform to put on the stairs then used a ladder and had to squirm around behind the ladder to get up and over our banister.

Hi Lorelei.

Austina, I had no idea that was a wig Missy was wearing on IG either. Your rose gold flats sound great. I am still chuckling about attacking that scary wad of thread. I love the smell of clothes dried outside.

Sharon, I am glad you are having glorious weather.

Not much going on here today. It’s gorgeous here today and so far no rain. Marty grilled supper for us so dishes were minimal. Woo hoo!

We are going to look for a new window tomorrow. We decided enough dripping. I’ll meet Marty during lunch.

Take care. :wavey:
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning ladies! Thanks for supporting me while I was "wigging" out :whistle: and all the lovely compliments. I appreciate it very much!
742469s3709nw4fb.gif

@junebug17 thank you! I was hoping it didn't look like the typical wig we think of and I tried lots on to find one that looked as natural as possible. That and having the stylist thin it out quite a lot as too full looks fake on me. Reminds me of our wedding day when Tuey insisted on making my hairstyle so full and I was like I look like a beauty pageant reject.:oops2::P2 I hope I don't need to wear it too soon and that my real hair stays on me as long as possible. Fingers crossed.

So glad you had a wonderful mini vacation and hope your return home is uneventful and smooth and easy. We are also heading to NJ today.

@Lorelei aww thank you and right back at ya :kiss2: I am so happy you have returned to PS. Warm and wise and wonderful.
slider_yourock.gif

@Austina sweet to getting little leather flats in rose gold. Beautiful. And you are a true friend haha willing to give me your extra. Sweet lady.:lol: Anyway you will be happy to know I ate sardines yesterday and am working on getting those calories. If I go the other way so be it. LOL more of me to love. And some news I will share below. Thanks for asking about the urine test. It was not as bad as the blood test but borderline as I was just above normal re mercury. However reading about the urine test it is very inaccurate in terms of knowing your true mercury level which I did tell my internist about after he ordered it for me. But he said he really doesn't know what else to do so he is doing the best he can. Anyway more about this below.

Glad you are enjoying Pilates though I am not familiar with the roller. Sound interesting and would love to hear more about it.

@marcy I know you mentioned Miller Moths before and have to look them up as I forget if those are the kind of moths we get. I hate moths but then again I don't like most creepy crawly flying things. They scare me despite their relatively small size. I keep thinking ewww what if they crawl on us or in our ears or nose or mouth etc. Pleasant thoughts I know. To the bugs my message is this...stay away or
1237385v4cqpxbe25.gif

Good luck window shopping tomorrow and enjoy lunch out.

Glad Marty was able to grill supper outdoors for y'all yesterday and that your weather is behaving. Ahh it's so nice when the weather is beautiful.
1618626e2tat6mv78.gif

@canuk-gal pleased you are enjoying lovely weather.
1896249wrr738gi7w.gif
And your season is here warm weather girl. Enjoy.
2161729j8800t5nwm.gif

@PierreBear how did you know I LOVE tofu scrambler? When I was a vegan I would enjoy that at our favorite vegan restaurant every weekend brunch. Sadly all of our neighborhood vegan restaurants are out of business but one. Though these days I cannot eat tofu. The good old days indeed. Hope your week is going well.

New developments with me. So my closest friend Tom found out I couldn't get an appointment with the one of the best heavy metal specialists in NYC because she no longer is seeing regular patients and is only seeing those who were affected by 9/11 and work place toxicity. I don't know if you remember I mentioned calling her office and speaking with her staff and being turned down as I did not qualify.

Fast forward to Tom finding out. Well he called his friend who just happens to be one of the top guys at Mt Sinai and he got involved and put me to VIP status and got one of the head nurses on my case and yesterday the office called me with an appointment for this coming Monday at 4PM. Wow. It really is all about who you know. I had no clue Tom's friend was the top guy at Mt Sinai and that he would be so kind.

I am very grateful (and nervous too) and just hoping that now I can be helped properly. I am scared that maybe there isn't much I can do to rid my body of the mercury but keeping good thoughts and my fingers crossed. And I hope the doctor is nice because I have a feeling she didn't want to see me and was forced since Tom's friend got involved.

Of course nothing is straightforward because Monday was the furniture delivery day and we cannot get hold of the delivery company. OMG I was trying since yesterday afternoon when the doctor's office called me giving me the appointment. I mean compared to everything else we are dealing with this doesn't qualify as stressful but just another minor annoyance.

And yes Cablevision came first appointment as promised and did what they needed to and guess what? We now believe it is the TIVO and Greg has to replace that. He does have a spare (we practically have spare everything almost due to my liking to have backups lol) but to change TIVO requires hours and phone calls to TIVO and Cablevision to get everything synced up. No time to do all that before we leave with work on his schedule too so just going to have to leave without having that done and come home to it next week and hope it can be resolved then.

OK so that is my big news. I have an appointment with the heavy metal specialist. I am so nervous though isn't that crazy? I am not sure why but I am so trying to just take it all in stride one day at a time and hope for the best. Thanks for listening.
slider_grouphugg.gif

Have a wonderful Wednesday girls!
Leaving you with a photo of my latest bling purchase. An 18K yellow gold anchor from Addysvintage. An impulse buy this past Saturday and she happens to be stateside visiting her mom right now so she shipped it out and voila it came yesterday. That is efficient and gratifying service. TY Erin!
I just put it on a gold wire I have but probably will put it on a gold link chain instead. Not sure but just wanted to share a quick pic with you.

goldanchor.jpg

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Your necklace is nautical but nice @missy :lol:

I’m so glad you’ve managed to get an appt with the heavy metal specialist, hopefully they’ll have the latest information to help and reassure you. I’m sure being a professional, she’ll treat you as well as her other patients. I’m very happy to hear you’re managing to eat.

Phooey to cable problems, hope you’ve managed to rearrange the furniture delivery.

We use the roller for various exercises, but one in particular involves laying on it along the length of your spine. You’re supposed to be able to balance on it while you do the exercises, but of course, with my terrible balance, I kept falling off, much to the amusement of the others.

Yay to good weather @marcy and Marty grilling your meal. I hope you’ve managed to find your replacement window. I meant to ask whether Marty had got any more PT clients?

I’m notorious for swaying all over the place in class @junebug17, usually end up making everyone laugh with my hopeless attempts at standing on one leg with my arms flailing about like a windmill :mrgreen2:

Wow, your temperatures are positively tropical @canuk-gal , long may it continue so you can make the most of it.

Dottie sends you a big kiss @PierreBear :D

Hi @Lorelei

I had a lovely dress delivered today, so I tried it on with the shoes I’ll wear with it to show Colin. I grabbed a pair of sunglasses to complete the look, he said “you look like a film star” - you don’t know Colin’s sense of humour, so I told him “do NOT finish that sentence” because he’d have said something like “bride of Frankenstein or Lassie :lol:

Hope you’re all having a good day :wavey:

P

PierreBear

Hope everyone is doing well! Finished my other book and started reading another one and it turns out to be really amazing too… called The Tobacconist. Guess an international book seller award does mean something after all. Lucky find for me at the library. Today is chore day with grocery shopping and some home cleaning. Take care!

@missy – You look like you are having fun no matter how you are dressed. Looks very natural and chic!

Sorry about your weight loss. Would seeing a nutritionist be helpful? I should have taken a closer look at the chart you put up about no tofu. Apologies!

Glad you got on the VIP list and got into the metal specialist. Please keep us posted on how it goes!!!

Nice vintage necklace.

@Austina – Ooohh rose gold shoes. Jewelry tones. Love it! haha… Oh gosh, well we did pick out a piece but it turns out that they didn’t have the rights to the photo to reprint it so we are on the look out still. How do you find your art? Any tips?

Keep it up on pilates! It’s hard enough as it is but on rollers… woah you are a pro!

@canuk-gal – Picking up lights for decorating the home or bike? Good luck!

@junebug17 – Oh the trick to chores is listening music? Hehehe have any tips on not having my cat sit on the bed as I’m trying to make the bed. Enjoy the pool time!

@marcy – Oh my I’m nervous just thinking about how Marty put up art in the stair well. Glad he figured out how to do it… safely : )

Good luck on window shopping. Water issues are no fun. We are still dealing with our ceiling leak. Hole in the ceiling!!! Booooo but we are going to just patch it up soon and continue to diagnose it in the future.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results