carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Missy--love the reno! I know it has been a PITA but it is coming together beautifully. Love the contrasts with old and new elements--yet looks seamless. And bright!

As you are nearing the finish line--hope the rest goes off without a hitch.

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Sharon!!!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, are you encouraging our Marcy to gamble!!!?

Kitchen is looking super. All worth it in the end. I did not realize before that the beam was brick...cool.

P

PierreBear

Hello! It's a rainier and cold day over here than usual. I'm going to use it as my rest day and not go to the gym and my plan is to try making black beans in the instapot and also try a new pie recipe. I've only made 1 pie before but should be fun giving it a whirl. Just a quick update today but hope that everyone is doing well!

@junebug17 – Even though you don’t play golf, it’s nice for you to still enjoy that passion with DH even if it’s watching. Golf on tv must be very soothing and relaxing.

Awww you and your sister got matching sleep masks? Is it a mask to rejuvenate the skin or is it something that you put over your eyes so it’s dark when you sleep?

@missy – Zena is adorable. I don’t think I can do puppy kisses on the face though… Cute niece and happy birthday to her!

Hope your dose to treat hashimotos works well with your body and doesn’t have any side effects! Please keep us posted and fingers crossed!

The kitchen looks great!!! Wow!! Love it!!!!!!! What type of bar stools are you going to get?

@Austina – Thanks for sharing a picture of your trilogy ring!!! It’s honestly so unique that I haven’t seen a ring like that before. It’s beautiful on you but I hope you are enjoying your reset for earrings/pendant. For being married for 40 years, I can only imagine the beautiful jewels and baubles that have been sitting in your box from its original form to the resets. : )

@canuk-gal – Glad your mother is hanging in there. So kind of your sister to fill her freezer with food and the other one for keeping the fridge filled. You are such a great daughter as well. Way to go canuk-gal family!!!

@CJ2008 – Good idea! Pot luck at Austin’s by the fire! Hehehe : ) Oh glad to know that your laptop issue was resolved and no fire hazard in the mean time.

@marcy – I still don’t recommend the instapot but I am going to try making black beans tonight for a pot luck we are going to on Thursday. Speaking of guy versus girl movies, we are going to watch Black Panther this weekend. We enjoy super hero type movies and this one wasn’t high on our list to watch but supposedly reviews are really good and we have a gift card to use up! It’s one of those movie places where you can order food and match. They have something called the “bottomless popcorn” which is just unlimited popcorn. Good idea? Bad idea? : )

$5 lotto tickets should go towards chocolate! You earned it!

@Scandinavian – Wow… home is looking great! But all that snow… I’ve never seen so much in my life! What part of the house are ya’ll working on now? Stay warm!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

Missy..OMG...the kitchen looks FABULOUS!!! I really, really love it, everything is coming together so beautifully! Love how the brick looks, such a gorgeous contrast and works so well with the floors. Looks like they were able to fix the gap above the fridge, right? It looks great! :appl: I know this has been a big headache, and I know there's more to be done, but wow it really does look amazing. :appl::love:

Sorry the doctor's visit didn't go as you would have liked. Sounds like it's worth giving the medication a try and see how you do. I hope it helps and you see an improvement.

Aw, love the pics of your sweet nieces and the new furbaby! Zena looks like such a lovebug. :love: I'm so glad she found such a loving home. Glad to hear you're enjoying some mild weather! So nice to have warm temps in February.

Austina, I have a 5 stone ring in that same setting! Mine was initially yg and I had it rhodium plated. I play around with the idea of a reset but haven't gotten around to it.

Sharon, thanks for the update on your mom, very glad to hear she's doing so well! You and your sisters are doing a great job seeing her through her recovery.

Marcy, yes, I hope Marty starts feeling better so you don't have to nag him! Sorry work is boring, that makes for a long day. Stay warm in those cold temps, I'm glad at least the sun is out.

Jimmianne, good luck with your trip preparations - I'm glad you're heading to a place you love and it will be so nice to be with dd on her birthday.

Scandi, beautiful pic, so warm and cozy.

PB, enjoy your rest day! I love rest days lol. Hope your instapot beans turn out well. Yes, watching golf actually is relaxing - dh puts the golf channel on when he can't sleep and it knocks him out! The masks we bought are sleep masks to darken the room and help with sleep. I've been using mine and it's very comfortable - very soft and has an adjustable band.

Hi CJ!

Warm and sunny here, should get to the upper 70's. My sister left this morning and dh and I will probably go for a bike ride and run a few errands.

Have a good day all!

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Sharon, Junie, Jimmianne, PierreBear!

Sharon thanks so much for your lovely comments.

Junie what fun, enjoy your bike ride with your sister! Wish I could join you girls. Have fun!

Jimmianne yes if it gets us all closer to being billionaires I say go for it.:bigsmile:

PierreBear funny you should ask. I have been searching. Looking for low profile (not deep) white wood stools I think. With a curved seat as my butt is bony and the non curved seats are too hard for me.:oops2:
Cant wait to hear the latest instapot adventure...pie! yes!

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Missy

The kitchen looks lovely. I think we have the exact same pulls!! In fact, I've had them twice. I got them in brushed nickel like yours originally then switched to the polished chrome. And I still have the brushed ones. I could have given them to you - they were barely used!!!!

Hi to all!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Wow, wow, wow, @missy, the kitchen is looking great, everything has tied together so well, absolutely all the right choices giving that elegant, modern clean look.

I’m sorry to read that things didn’t go the way you hoped yesterday at the dermo. Why don’t they listen, nobody knows your body like you do?

Many years ago, I was absolutely desperate, suffering excruciating pain that was making my life a living hell. It was seriously getting to the stage that I felt I couldn’t go on. After I’d tried conventional medicine, a friend suggested I see a lady who practiced homeopathy and faith healing. I was pretty sceptical, but I thought anything was worth a try. She sat down and went through everything I ate. She suggested I change my diet, and recommended various homeopathic medicines. At that point I had nothing to lose, so followed her recommendations and I couldn’t believe the difference it made. I know a lot of people don’t put much faith in it, I can only say it worked for me and changed my life. Anyway, what I’m trying to say in a round about way, was that she looked at me as a whole person, not just as symptoms of a problem.

Yay @Scandinavian your house looks like something from a winter wonderland scene, so beautiful. No wonder you can’t wait for it to be finished. Do you have a date when it’ll all be done? Hope you’re OK and your surgery will be scheduled soon. Sending good thoughts for your ‘niece’.

Great news that your Mum is doing well @canuk-gal. You and your sister are doing a good job taking care of her

Upper 70’s sounds like bliss @junebug17 , enjoy the lovely weather. We’re in for a cold spell :(2

:lol: We’re doing it again @Jimmianne, you’ll be over here and I’ll be over there. Enjoy your trip to France and good luck finding DS a new home. We’re heading to Texas in 3 weeks.

Glad the bears are over their trauma @marcy :mrgreen2: I hope Marty isn’t training too hard if he’s still under the weather, he really should be resting and concentrating on getting better. Woohoo, on your win, please don’t let it go to your head and change who you are :lol:

My ring is the only thing I’ve ever remodelled @PierreBear and I’m so glad I did, I’ve worn my little earrings and pendant every day since I got them. I do have some lovely jewellery, but they’re not really every day pieces so don’t get worn that often. I hope the back beans turn out well.

Once you roast the red peppers @CJ2008 , you peel and de seed them, then stick them in a pan with tomatoes and vegetable stock. I added a little garlic and some spices. I then blitz it to give a nice smooth texture, so it’s not really creamy or a thin broth.

We had a lovely walk this morning, it was bright and sunny and Dottie had a good run around. She even had a dip in the lake :lol:

Hi @rainwood hope all is well with you.

I can’t believe it’s Thursday tomorrow, where’s the week gone?

:wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Jimmianne, is your new avatar Mildred? Cool picture! Marty is not getting better; all he told me tonight was he’s the same. I’m glad I’m not stubborn. Oh wait, no comment necessary. How exciting to be heading back to France to celebrate your DD’s birthday and to help her and her fiancé shop for a house. Sounds like a fun time. LOL for Missy encouraging me to gamble.

Scandi, your winter scene and house is gorgeous. That is some snow drift!

Missy, your new kitchen is amazing. I really like it. I assume you and Greg are heading there this weekend to try it out. Thanks for asking and yes my bears having recovered from their terrifying experience. I did give my SIL more grief last night. They are relieved to hear their Aunt Missy would take care of them. I totally agree that Marty shouldn’t be working out so hard when he is so sick but he isn’t listening to me. I was definitely planning on converting my big winnings in on more lottery tickets. It only takes one to make that dream come true. LOL for getting us closer to billionaires; we’d have so much fun. We got our bar stools at Pier 1; they are curved and come in all sorts of colors.

Hi Sharon. It was 16 degrees driving home today; almost balmy after what it felt like the last few days. I hope you are warming up.

PierreBear, I am glad you are staying home on this chilly day. How did your pie turn out? I have heard Black Panther is good. That sounds like a classy movie theater. When Marty was in the military we’d go to the theater on base and they had endless popcorn and soda. It was darned cheap there too. Anymore a movie with popcorn is no longer a cheap date night. I did have a bite of chocolate tonight. Good idea!

Junebug, I bet your 5 stone ring is pretty. I really like Austina’s 3 stone setting like that. I only nagged Marty about his gym today; I found out he still hadn’t told them he wasn’t renewing his lease. He got that accomplished this afternoon. I did ask him at supper how he felt and all he said was the same. We had sunshine again today; it was nice. Wow to sunny and warm weather there. Enjoy!

Hi Rainwood.

Austna, that is fabulous that lady was able to help you so much by suggesting a change in your diet. I think Marty should rest a bit until he’s back to normal but what do I know? I did kind of walk around work today with my nose in the air smugly thinking about how cool I’m going to feel cashing in my lotto ticket. I am glad to hear you had a lovely day and Dottie took a dive in the lake.

I made it through the last day of class. Section 2 is in May. Phooey. We have assignments too. Boo.

We went out for supper tonight but came home right away so Marty could study. He passed his CPR, first aid and whatever it’s called you can use 2 pads to start someone’s heart. Progress!

That stupid Mac Cleaner is back; I tried something different tonight and hope I got rid of it. I’ll see.

The weekend is getting closer.
Take care.
Marcy

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Austina! What the heck? Perhaps we are keeping the earth in balance.
It will be interesting to see if you move here and I move there at the same time. I hope we both get some good weather in March.
I believe diet is crucial. I think we are not physically, genetically made to eat three quarters of the food available to us. Some people do OK, but others as more easily put off track. I’m glad your diet helped you.

Marcy, yes it’s Mildred. Thank you for noticing and asking. I got tired of the sterile face-on avatar.
Today I’m going to go around bragging that my friend won the lottery, but I’m not allowed to tell anyone her name or how much she won. That’ll get people speculating.
You tell Marty that if he doesn’t take it easy, his NC mom is coming to give him heck.
But also tell him how much I admire his creativity in life. The painting, the idea for a gym...he is an interesting person.
How nice that your blue speed racer turned into a Porsche again! I think I’ll go wash my Honda and see what happens.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Rainwood haha what can I say. Great taste and great minds.:whistle:8-)
I love love love your kitchen. It's what I want my kitchen to be when it grows up. :lol:

Austina thank you so much for the lovely comments about the kitchen. And thank you for sharing your experience with homeopathy. I think that is something I must do because I am not doing well with the levothyroxine and think I am discontinuing it for now. I definitely need to find an integrative medicine doctor or a similar health care professional who will look at me as a whole person and not a bunch of numbers. Wow Dottie is a brave one. Dip in the lake in February. What do you think the water temperature is? Brrrr.

Marcy thanks for the kitchen compliments and for the pier 1 tip. I actually ordered some stools online yesterday from Overstock. I have no clue if they will be comfortable or work but we shall see and they were inexpensive so worth ordering to see if they might (at least temporarily) work in that space. I will keep your Pier 1 recommendation in mind in case I need to continue the search thank you. Glad the teddies were comforted by my invite and hugs. That's right it only takes one and a dream to come true.:halo: Glad you made it through last day of class but Boo to assignments is right. And Boo to the mac cleaner being back. Congrats to Marty passing his CPR class. Glad you got to go out to dinner. I really hope Marty is feeling better very soon. 16 degrees Brrr stay warm.

Jimmianne LOVE your new avatar. So sparkly.:love: You go Mildred.

Have a good Thursday girls!:wavey:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy, thank you!
You are so lucky not to have to live in the beach house while the kitchen is being done.
I had a new HVAC system put in yesterday and had FOUR men in the house wandering around. I felt weirdly vulnerable, but it turned out they were sweeties.
Fun fact...my parents remodeled a house and stayed in a motel for over a month!
She was 83 and he was 98!
Hope your skinnybutt bar stools work for your slim figure.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Nirdis!

Missy, sorry about the side effect from the thryoid med and I hope you can find a doctor that will meet your needs better. Hugs to you, I know it's hard to find a good fit.

Fingers crossed the stools work out and they're comfortable - you have great taste, I'll bet they're really nice!

Austina, so nice you have a trip to Texas to look forward to! I love your pendant and earrings, they are great everyday pieces and I'm glad you're enjoying them so much. So much better than diamonds just languishing in a jewelry box!

Marcy, congrats to Marty for passing his tests, probably feels good to have that over with. Sorry he's still under the weather though. I'm glad you're done with your classes, at least until May. I hope you were able to get rid of that pesky mac cleaner.

Jimmianne, I hope your trip preparations are going well. I'm excited for you!

Hi rainwood! :wavey:

It's a pretty day here - dh is golfing, and then we might head into Charleston.

Take care all! <3

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy the kitchen is GORGEOUS :appl:

You know what's funny I never think of Mousey as a special needs kitty, but yes, she is. Poor sweetheart. I really wish I could take her FIV away. I just hate knowing it's there. :blackeye:

marcy best diamond lights in the house :D that was marty's secret way to make sure you go down there at least once in a while ::) the same day I told you my DH now cooks with low heat I caught him with the pan on level 6 :rolleyes: he said he only does that once a while to "speed up the process" :rolleyes: I love that I caught him though :D I bet he's nervous when he does it so I get a little joy out of that :D

Boo on your homework assignment but, last day of school! :dance:
So glad Marty passed his exams and he can now officially start people's hearts :appl:

Anyway just a short update today girls.

Hugs to all! :kiss2::wavey:

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi girls. I just got back from my trip, well, I go through my home country and then go to another country to work three days. I had a nice time but of course just when I came back here a few weeks ago and said all was fine with me, all is not fine. In five days I am travelling again and I got sick, for almost four weeks now been battling intermittent fevers, nothing helping so far. Seemed like the flu at first but would not subside, after two rounds of antibio I am still sick. No feeling of flu just weak, irritated, totally out of energy, all that. Tomorrow will go back to the doctor and start testing, I want to be tested for autoimmune and thyroid problems and of course check on dental abscesses again but cannot do that before my trip, have to schedule weeks in advance. Usually mine do not show up in bloodwork. I am at my wit´s end. I will read up on the thread and try to follow over the next couple of days´of being in one place but what happens is when I am like this I am so out of energy, I sometimes do not even feel like reading. Sorry, do not want to be a downer, just wanted to say I did not disappear on you. Whew, that was a vent all right. Just when I thought everything was so good, back to the same old, same old. Hugs to you all.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww @Sunstorm, I am sending you gentle hugs and lots of love and I am sorry you are not feeling well. We are here for you sweetie. (((HUGS))).

@CJ2008, thank you! Hope your week is going well.

@junebug17, ooh Charleston sounds like fun! Enjoy.:appl:

Haha @Jimmianne from one skinnybutt slim jane to another I thank you. :lol: Your parents were quite the personality and I think I would have liked them. How wonderful at that age they were still active and enjoying life and each other.:love:
Hope your new HVAC is working well and glad the men were teddy bears. Oooh Marcy :whistle:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Jimmianne, that is a great fire shot of Mildred. Wow! Too funny you are going to tell people you had a friend win the lottery. It will get people thinking. What did you get when you washed your car? I’ll warn Marty you might come force him to take it easy. He appreciated you saying you admire his creativity. I hope he gets some clients at the gym. Wow that your parents stayed in a hotel for a month when they remodeled a house and kudos to them for doing it in their golden years. That’s amazing! Yay for a new HVAC system.

Missy, Overstock has some great deals; I hope you like them. I think all of our man cave stools, a bench and chairs for the poker table are from Pier 1. They are comfy. Marty says thank you for the congratulations on his CPR class. He is studying diligently for his test on the 10th. Did it rain a lot there? I hope you are feeling better. Are any of the new medicines helping?

Junebug, did your DH get in a round of golf? Did you make it to Charleston? Is that where Paula Dean has a restaurant? I’d love to get stranded at her house for a few weeks.

CJ, I am pretty sure Marty wasn’t considering diamond lighting when he picked the lights for over the poker table. Should I ask him? Marty was frying bacon this morning so when I got a glass out of the cupboard by the stove I looked; it was closer to 4 than 3. I was going to say something but just smiled to myself. The stove definitely had a nice splatter pattern on it tonight. I did take one of the teddy bears to Marty last night and told him the bear needed CPR. He just rolled his eyes.

Sunstorm, I am so sorry to hear you aren’t feeling well. I hope they find out what is going on. Big hugs to you; feel better soon.

I started my day at the eye doctor. He thinks my left eye is slightly better (the edema is going down) but of course the central vision is still bad. According to the eye exam I am seeing better. He tried one power up and one power down from what I have in my glasses and it really didn’t help any because of the central spot that is all gray and fuzzy. Phooey. So good and bad news I guess.

Work was busy so 5 pm rolled around quickly. Marty wanted to go to supper again so we went to a steak house. He had chicken and rice with a side of an 8 oz. filet and I had prime rib. We split a very delicious mixed berry cream cake for dessert.

After we got home I spent 2 hours trying to get rid of that stupid, annoying adware Advanced Mac Cleaner. I keep thinking of the line from Austin Powers - why won’t you die? I watched YouTube videos, searched Apple support, googled it. It just keeps coming back.

Have a fabulous Friday.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Marcy yay it is Friday! Almost the weekend woohoo!
Darn about your central vision being fuzzy but yay for the left eye edema going down. And I am glad you are seeing better though still that gray fizzy spot in the center. The key is you are being proactive and maintaining your vision. (((HUGS))). I added the health portion to my 23 and me results because that thread on PS made me curious and I found out I have greater risk of developing Age Related Macular Degeneration which isn't much of a surprise give my dad's severe ARMD and my maternal grandfather's ARMD.

How is Marty feeling today? How is his coughing?

Boo to that mac cleaner taking so long. Greg was doing that last night on his old computer because his most recent computer is at the apple store being fixed to the tune of $700. He doesnt want a new one as he prefers the older one (I don't remember why) so it was worth it to him to take the chance and spend that much to fix it vs just buying a new one for not that much more money. He only gets a 90 day warranty on this fix so here's hoping it works. I have to tell you I feel like we both waste so much money these days. Oh well. It's only money right? Speaking of which have you bought another lottery ticket with your winnings? Gotta be in it to win it...must remind myself of that and pick up a ticket. :bigsmile:

It didn't rain much at all here but supposed to rain the next few days at least. We aren't seeing the sun anytime soon according to the meteorologists.
I discontinued the thyroid med as I do not like how it made me feel. So right now I am doing nothing and need a break from doctors and such. I did see David yesterday who thinks I should ask her for Synthroid but as I said I am taking a break. No relief for eyebrow or skin yet but David feels once the weather warms up it will improve. Here's hoping! He said something very astute yesterday (that Greg and I obviously already know all too well)- that I don't do well in extreme temperatures. Hahaha true dat. Otherwise I am feeling A OK thanks for asking Marcy!

Yummm to mixed berry cream pie for dessert. :lickout:

Sharon woohoo on Canada winning so many Olympic medals! Very impressive!! Go Canada!!!!:appl::appl::appl:
How is your mom coming along? Hoping she is getting stronger each day and that you lovely daughters are taking care of yourselves as well as your dear mom. And I hope your weather is warming up.

Junie did you see Charleston? How was your day? Did your dh have a good golfing session? (I don't know the terminology as all I play is miniature golf which we love lol). What are your plans today?

Scandi how are things going? How are you feeling? Any surgery date updates?

Today we have the oven repair guy coming but I am not too hopeful. I think we will be needing a new oven. We will see.
What are your plans for the weekend girls? We have the ballet tomorrow and we are very much looking forward to it. The perfect event on a rainy Saturday.

Hope everyone has a lovely Friday! :wavey:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey there everyone!

Missy, I saw your posts in the other thread and I'm sorry about the issues with finding a suitable doctor. It's understandable you'd want to take a break from it all. It's encouraging that David feels your skin will improve when the weather warms up. Fingers crossed! :pray: It's been such a cold winter. Yay for the ballet tomorrow, sounds great!

Sunstorm, I am really sorry you are feeling so unwell. Makes life so hard. I'm glad you're seeing a doctor and having tests done, and I hope you get some answers. Sending lots of love, hugs, and support and I really hope you start feeling better soon.

Marcy, ugh to not being able to get rid of the mac cleaner, how frustrating. I'm glad that the edema has gone down and that overall your eyesight has improved in spite of the fuzzy central vision. Hugs to you, I know it's stressful to deal with eye issues like this. You dinner sounds yummy, especially the berry cream cake! Yes, dh got some golf in, and he's getting more in today lol! He's in his glory down here. We did end up going to Charleston, just window shopped and had lunch. It was nice.

Not a whole lot planned for today - dh is golfing, and then maybe a walk on the beach. We'll probably go out for dinner later on. We're heading home on Sunday, so just enjoying the last few days here.

Hope everyone is having a great Friday!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

JuneBug--I wish I were in my glory in SC with you also! Enjoy your holiday!

Last cold night for a while....I hope. Some seasonal temps our way--or at least predicted. I no longer trust the weather reports--so changeable. But I will "hope" the 0 and even +3-5 C degrees does occur!

It is my DH's BD this weekend so we'll go out and for some drinks and nibbles, and some window shopping at Spring clothing. Can I dare to say Spring?

My Mom is doing well, thanks for asking. Tired but on track. My other sister was away on vacation and should be back today. This will give my sister (local to my Mom) a break since she has been doing over to assist with Mom's ADL where needed.

Anyway, off to get a BD cake and other assorted errands.

NIRDI's hello!

cheers--Sharon

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Sorry you’re unwell @Sunstorm I hope the Dr can find what’s causing it and get you on the road to recovery.

Good news that there’s been some improvement in your eye and vision @marcy, hopefully this will continue, but boo to still having a fuzzy spot. How’s the big guy today? Nice to go out for a meal during the week, one less evening to cook :D Your dessert sounds lovely, and if it contains fruit, you can legitimately claim it as one of your 5 a day :lol:

If either you @missy or @Jimmianne would like some extra butt padding, I have plenty to spare :lol:

Sorry things aren’t working out with the new meds @missy but I genuinely feel it’s going to be a case of persevering till you find what’s right for you. It took 2 years to get my eczema under control, but since then, I had very few episodes, and nothing in the recent past.

I hear Charleston is lovely @junebug and it’s on our list to visit one day, perhaps when we’re (hopefully) living in Texas. Hope you’re having good weather and enjoying your time away.

Hi @CJ2008 hope life isn’t too hectic for you.

Happy birthday to your DH @canuk-gal have fun celebrating

I’m going to an afternoon tea hen do tomorrow. I don’t really want to go, it’s going to bitterly cold and it’s up in London :( Maybe I’m just being a misery, but as we all live around here, and there are plenty of lovely hotels, I can’t fathom why we all have to traipse up to town. I shall go and leave as soon as I can.

Almost the weekend :wavey:

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Goooooooooooooooooooooood morning NIRDIs (OK it's not morning anymore but goooooooooooood afternoon isn't as satisfying, so there you go) :bigsmile:

marcy definitely DON'T ask him. Just think it. ::) Level 4 is not too bad (unless of course your highest is level 5 LOL ours here goes from LO to HI with numbers in between 2-8. DH used to cook the eggs and most everything on HI. Or like Level 8-9. So Marty is not doing too bad! I think you should put one of the teddy bears with cleaning liquid and a paper towel by the stove showing it slaving to clean the splatter. ::) Maybe that will guilt Marty into cooking with lower heat.

Glad to hear your vision is somewhat better, and that you had a nice dinner.

If the Mac Cleaner is a virus/malware they are sometimes a super PITA to get rid of. You could spend weeks. I'm sure you know. One thing you might try - which has helped me in the past - is to actually POST on one of those forums. Sometimes people will have you install some utilities (always do your research first - but in my case and I'm always very cautious - they've always recommended trustworthy utilities) and post their logs so they can help you determine what you need to do. You might have to mess with the registry (or the Apple equivalent) but getting deep in the settings is sometimes the only way you will get rid of a stubborn virus/malware.

missy what side effects were you having from the thyroid medicine? (I do understand wanting to take a break. Must be exhasusting going to so many doctors and taking all different kinds of meds) sad :((

See above my reply to marcy re: virus/malware, might give Greg some resources if he doesn't already do that.

Ohhhh ballet have fun! :appl: (and can you save a FEW shows at least for the day DH and I go over to see you guys? :D)

No plans this weekend. Well, maybe, not sure, dinner at a friend's house. It's to meet a new boyfriend and I'm not too thrilled about going only because she is moving SO fast with this relationship. :/ But she is always supportive of me so I want to do the same. If we can't make dinner maybe I'll suggest breakfast or something.

Hi Juney! :wavey: have fun!

Sharon enjoy your DH's bday weekend! Hope you get a delicious cake. Glad your mom is OK.

Austina you're so generous to want to donate butt padding! OK, OK I'll donate too. I have plenty also. ::) You could also have some from my general marshmallow parts too. Choose your body part. :D

Hope you have a lovely tea even though it's far and you don't feel like going. Enjoy knowing you'll be out of there as soon as possible. ::)

I hope I don't often sound like my life is hectic. :???: I don't mean to come off that way. I just think it helps me to vent here when I'm feeling overwhelmed. But thank you for hoping I'm not. (((hugs)))

Feel better sunstorm. Glad you're being honest with yourself that not all is well. Take care of yourself. We enjoy seeing you whenever you come by. (((hugs)))

Hello CJ! :wavey:

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ETA Forgot to share with you guys. Last night after DH and I went somewhere, we were hungry and tired, and decided to go to a diner we sometimes go to. DH had been up since really early and had a super long day. We ask for coffee - the cups come and I can tell right away, the coffee is watery. I didn't even have to taste it, but I did anyway, in case I was wrong. Nope. Watery. And not even hot. Not even warm, actually. Very nicely told the waitress, would you mind, we'll have a tea instead, the coffee is watery. (didn't tell her about the temperature only because why drag it out, the watery is enough to not want to drink it.) So she brings out the "tea selection." She comes out with a box. The only Black Tea is decaf. I don't mind, I pick the decaf, but DH kind of does, and asks do you have like regular tea - like Lipton, with caffeine. She says no. Not particularly nicely either. Not snotty but not nice. She walks away, water is not hot. At all. Not even warm. Undrinkable. So I again - very nicely tell her - would you mind bringing us new cups with hotter water, the water is not hot at all. She kind of makes a gesture with her face as if she's amused now. Brings out two cups, no new tea bags. I remind her, we're going to need 2 new tea bags. "Oh, so you want another round?" No. I don't want another round. I want a replacement. (mind you the tea bags were fancy so they didn't even a string you could pull them out with. But I would have wanted brand new tea bags anyway). She says well we only have one water spigot and I don't have a microwave, then walks away in a huff. I then see one of the workers turn her heard towards where she had gone (I couldn't see her any more she had gone behind a little wall) and ask "why are you laughing?" I am pretty sure it was her they were asking. After all that, I told DH we'll drink the tea, but I don't want to stay any more. Then I look on the menu and there are two different kinds of tea. Republic of Tea - which is what she brought us for for $3.75 a cup. And regular tea. For $2.95 a cup. So she was probably lying when she said they did not have Lipton. But I chose to not say anything. I didn't want the stress. So we didn't eat and just waited until we got home. But it was so kind of like sad to me. All we wanted was to sit down and enjoy some food and conversation together. I was super nice. I was patient. We paid for our tea and left no tip. I can't even remember the last time we didn't tip. I mean years and years, even when service is not super friendly or whatever, I usually remind DH hey maybe they're having a bad day, etc. This one I felt no such inclination.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls!

Junie so glad you are having fun and making the most of your vacation there. Enjoy and safe trip home!

Austina so glad you got your eczema under control. I hope you enjoy your afternoon tea.

Sharon happy birthday to your dh. Enjoy a lovely celebration with him.

CJ I am so sorry. What an unpleasant situation. Ugh. You handled it perfectly. I hate dealing with poor customer service and rude is the worst. (((Hugs))).

The side effects were a heavy weight on my chest. So heavy and painful. I feel OK now but it took a full day and a half to start feeling OK and I only took the med for 2 mornings. Crazy.

I am definitely saving stuff for you when you come visit no worries. And ask rainwood-I don't mind seeing shows again haha. And neither does she come to think of it. Maybe we can entice her to come back and visit when you are visiting.:appl:

OK more yuck today. The oven repairman came and smelled gas so we are now waiting for the gas company. I am really hoping they don't shut off our gas or worse. Life is challenging more so some days than others. :(2 OK looks like we have a problem. Guy is here and there is a leak. Oy and sigh.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:-o You’re really not getting any breaks ATM are you @missy. Hope they can sort it out.

Next time @CJ2008 tell the waitress your English friend and tea expert, says you can’t make tea without boiling water :mrgreen: Honestly, what lousy service :roll

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
yikes missy on the oven and leak :shock: hope it all gets resolved

OK good to know re the shows :appl:and yes maybe we can talk rainwood into a visit :sun:

The chest pains must've been super uncomfortable and unsettling.

austina I will feel super sophisticated to say that LOL now I almost wish it happens again! LOL

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks girls, no worries. As my grandma used to say, this too shall pass.

So the gas to our oven is shut off and we are waiting to hear from the repairman if he can get the parts and if so if it is worth repairing depending on the cost. 2 problems one simple one maybe not and we need a few parts. For a 14 year old Dacor. They don't make appliances to last forever anymore sadly but we might just have to buy another oven. In the meantime greg can cook on our grill and we have the microwave and my friend Maureen (who is in Spain) texted me to please use her oven. We probably won't but she is a doll to offer and if Greg decides he wants to he can. I have a feeling this might take quite the while either way new oven or order parts and repair as in probably no oven for at least a few weeks. Oh well. The oven is the best thing to break down IMO if something has to break down.

We won't go hungry haha.

chowtimeguy.gif
1578512basiuatr3h.gif

#nothungryinnyc

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Missy--what heck! Frustrating doesn't even begin to explain what you are living through.

(note to Universe--get off Missy's and Greg's back!)

positive vibes across the miles--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs! Happy Weekend.

Missy, I hate to hear about you having the feeling of a heavy weight on your chest. That is so scary. I am glad you are feeling better and I don’t blame you for just taking a break from all of it. Moderate temperatures will be coming your way soon. I am so sorry you are having these issues. Hugs and Feel better dust coming to you. I think you and I both know that central gray and fuzziness isn’t going away but the vision with both eyes should improve when that edema goes down. Good idea to be proactive against ARMD. Marty took that test. I haven’t talked to Marty much today but he was still coughing this morning. He’s lifting right now; the man cave is cold so I haven’t ventured down yet to say hi. I hope the computer upgrade works out for Greg. When you get a computer you like it’s hard to give it up. Yes, it is only money and we can’t take it with us; that’s why I exercise my debit card frequently. I don’t want the bank to think I’m sick or something. Definitely buy yourself a lotto ticket. I have not picked a new ticket up but I have a single pick on Power Ball for 20 times. On that one I’m good through April. Oh no about the gas leak and stove needing repaired. Like Sharon said - Universe get off Greg and Missy’s back! Have fun at the ballet tomorrow.

Junebug, your time in SC sounds perfect. So fun and relaxing. I am glad you get to go there often. The photographer in me wants the world to be bright, sharp and colorful; sadly my vision isn’t going to cooperate with me on that. I need to quit closing one eye to see what I see. You’d think I’d be used to it by now but I notice it all the time.

Sharon, doesn’t being in sunny and warm SC sound great? I hope it does warm up for you. We were in the teens again and it’s snowing now. Happy Birthday to your DH; drinks, nibbles and shopping sound like a fabulous way to celebrate. I am glad to hear your mom’s recovery is on track.

Austina, the big guy is still lifting but I haven’t heard him coughing tonight; maybe he’s better. He was well enough to scare the crud out of me last night and think it was funny. What a brat! Good point - just because my fruit was surrounded by cake; it was still fruit. That is great you don’t have outbreaks of eczema anymore. Darn that you have to go in to London tomorrow for a tea party tomorrow. I hope it’s fun even if you have to travel to get there. Stay warm.

CJ, I will remember to keep that try tip as inner dialogue. The burner he uses is the quick boil and has lo, 2 to 6 and then high on it. I think Marty would splatter one of the bears more; maybe I should put some of his rabbits over there. Thank you for the tip and suggestions on getting rid of the malware/adware. I googled it, when to the Apple forum, Mac forum and You Tube. Everything I tried did not work. I might take it to Simply Mac tomorrow. There is an app in the Apple Store that has good rating but also has some recent bad comments that it contains malware so I’m not buying that. Hopefully your friend’s new boyfriend is worth her moving so fast with their relationship. Wow that was very rude and poor service you and your DH had last night. I would email their customer service because that is not acceptable at all. I rarely complain but something that bad gets me agitated enough to let them know I won’t be back to their establishment again.

!@#$%^&*()_ it - that STUPID Advanced Mac Cleaner popup just popped up. GRRR!

Not much exciting going on this weekend. Our cleaning lady is coming tomorrow and Marty is leaving for LA on Sunday.

Have a fabulous weekend.
Marcy

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi, all!! A quick drive-by.

@missy I'm so sorry you're not getting answers to your health questions and that the house and reno have been making life harder. Problems do seem to come in bunches, don't they? And remember, your kitty limit is 4.

@Jimmianne Your new asscher avatar is very, very cool!!! You have such a creative mind.

@junebug17 Hope you're enjoying your time in SC. It sounds tempting right now! We have snow.

@marcy Is it Mackeeper you have on your computer? I accidentally downloaded that nasty piece of malware, and it took 2 or 3 tries to get all of it off my Mac. I looked the problem up on Apple community sites (there are lots of complaints about that blasted thing) and had to go through and search out all the bits. I got a bunch of it the first time, did more research for the second, and finally got the last bits of it on my third try. That awful stuff hides in multiple places.

@PierreBear I do organic because it's such an easy way to eat more healthful food. I figure that it's probably $10 more per week so $520 for a full year. I'm okay with that, and the quality is often better though Marcy is right about it spoiling faster. I assume that's because they don't put a lot of chemicals on or in it.

@CJ2008 You should definitely go to NYC!! Missy and Greg are excellent hosts, and there are so many things to do and see. Love that your foster kitty is famous!

@Austina I've read that tea should be made at lower temperature than boiling water and my electric kettle has different settings for different teas. Does it make a difference?

@canuk-gal I'm glad Canada is winning so many medals in Korea to make up for the women's hockey and men's curling. I know those are important sports up north, and those losses must have hurt.

@Scandinavian I hope all is well, and the house reno is done and off your to-do list.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results