shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hahahaha same old same old in our household this AM. But I finally figured out how to get all the kitties in one photo by using the panoramic function on the phone. Only took me how many years. :lol: I even got PS in the photo.:halo:

4kittiesinbedwithmommyandPS.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Nirdis!

Missy, thanks for the advice and support about Zoe - sounds like she will eventually calm down, and catch on that she is looking at herself.:roll I'm glad Tommy stopped getting worked up, I guess some cats are just really territorial. Great news that you are in the home stretch with the kitchen, and it's good the GC and his wife are being a bit more responsive and Greg is happy with how things look so far.

We were posting at the same time lol - my week is going ok, as usual I'm not really accomplishing as much as I would like to. Love the pic of your sweet kitties, the panoramic view works great!

Austina, stay warm in those frigid temps! And be careful of that ice. Dottie looks adorable! So cute that she loves the snow. I love your cruise purchases, that shade of blue is just lovely. Enjoy your new boots too, they sound nice and I'll bet they look great.

Sharon, sorry about the cold temps. Love James Brown and he can definitely get a person moving lol. Have fun if you decide to test drive a Macan, it is a nice ride!

PB, yes, I was able to distract Zoe by talking to her and waving a toy around . She did it during the night as well, and I didn't get up and she just wandered away on her own so hopefully she'll eventually stop. Wishing you the best this week and sending lots of calming thoughts and good vibes to you!

Marcy, I'm glad you were able to commiserate with your friend over lunch, let's face it, sometimes misery loves company lol. Not sure about the status of my car, but I think it's supposed to arrive at the dock on March 4. Sounds like your workday isn't going to be exactly pleasant and I hope things went ok for you. Glad that Marty is definitely on the mend. So sorry about the pain you're having, and I hope you're feeling better by now. I like hearing a shopping spree is in your future, I think you are due for some new sparklies hehe!

Jimmianne, thinking of you and hoping your trip went smoothly.

Not much going on here - I have a few things to do to wrap up the estate business and I am determined to get to them today. My friend's mother died so dh and I are going to the viewing this evening.

Have a good Wednesday everyone!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I stayed in today because it snowed more overnight, and the temp dropped to -7 :shock:

I’ve done lots of cleaning to get my exercise in today :mrgreen2:

Nothing else going on here except more snow :mad:

Lovely photo of the pusskats @missy, they do like to snuggle don’t they ? :love: You certainly know how to make me feel good :twisted2:

Hope you got your estate business done today @junebug17 . Sorry to her about your friend’s Mum :(2

Hopefully your meeting went well today @marcy and good news that Marty is feeling better.

I’m not sure the boots show up well against blue, and Colin took it at the most unflattering angle, my thighs look HUGE!

26717241-B11E-4356-8CEF-68A8746DBA99.jpeg

Hope all the NIRDIs are well :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina LOVE your new boots! Bluelicious on you!:love:
Thank you for sharing a photo.:appl:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Missy, am I wrong that a Noreaster might be coming your way this weekend? Oh no! Marty is a jokester all right; I am glad I’m not like that. I have so many things on my shopping wish list that I can’t begin to buy them all and once I see some new sapphire I throw my wish list right out the window. At least I usually head home with something shiny. Our meeting was a let down; my boss presented it as this is a good thing. About the only thing he said was hey if this isn’t for you maybe you should look for another job. He made it sound like an appraisal score in the 50% is fine not mentioning raising the bar or improving your skills. He eluded to get a better score you have to do exceptional things. I had my post speech ready to go but after he was done another issue came up so I’ll talk to them in the morning and I’m going to be a bit more blunt about things. Look at that cat spread - they are living the dream, aren’t they? Cute kitties.

Junebug, I am sorry to hear about your friend’s loss. My thoughts are with her. I hope you got your estate chores taken care of today. I was just telling Dee Jay, that spot doesn’t hurt today unless I touch it so why do I keep touching it? My work day was interesting as usual; I keep going back to see what happens next.

Austina, oh no to -7. You are almost living in the wild west of Wyoming. Now if you are getting 70 mph wind gusts it’s like you are here. Yay for doing a lot of cleaning. Your boots look great! How much more snow did you get?

So our meeting was a let down; my boss can make a pile of pooh sound like a bed of roses. He basically told us our scores will look bad but they aren’t; we aren’t getting any raises but hey that’s okay. He brought up if you don’t enjoy your job you should maybe find one you do enjoy. He brought up some of any of us could reassigned. I had my post speech ready to go with this great start - now that Rich has ripped off the bandage I am going to throw salt on the wound. That didn’t work. I’ll go visit them in the morning and see if they have questions and I am throwing out there what the expectations are and how you can help yourself.

An interesting thing happened when the senior manager mentioned you can nominate anyone for employee of the month my victimized negative nellie made some comment “we were told we aren’t eligible to be employees of the month.” My boss looked at me and I kind of shook my head and shrugged my shoulders. So he went and got her after the meeting to talk to and she basically refused 3 times not to go to this office. He kept telling her he wanted to talk to her so she finally goes to his office and refuses to shut his door. She said she doesn’t feel comfortable meeting with him and accused him of saying inappropriate things to her. She also said he was the one who said my team wasn’t eligible to be employee of the month. So he reported it all to HR and guess who will be in meetings with HR tomorrow? The fun never ends.

I made mini pizzas for supper. I baked one, froze 3 and only ate 1/2 of the one I baked. I wasn’t very hungry but did manage to eat a cookie.

Have a fabulous Thursday.
Marcy

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Quite a travel day yesterday. My plane was at the runway when we had to go back to the terminal to let someone off. An hour delay.
And the plane was so cold I wore my down coat with a blanket over me and couldn't get warm.
At the airport in France they let us out on the tarmac instead of at the terminal and it was 18 degrees (about -8 c). The train station at the terminal was not heated so it was literally freezing cold in the waiting area. From door to door about 28 hours...Truly a long day, but so happy to be "home". And I adore my extremely cute rental car...a bright & chunky orange Renault with a black roof.
This morning a snow accumulation and wondering how I'll get up the hill to buy groceries. But so freakin happy to be here.

:wavey:All

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Jimmianne If you're freakin' happy to be there after a long and freezing cold trip, you know you're in the right place!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Happy March 1st!

Welcome home to your French home Jimmianne and so glad you are there after such a harrowing trip. I was getting so cold just reading your story you poor dear. But glad you have arrived safely and I hope you are comfy cozy and are enjoying a wonderful visit with good things happening and good news to share.:appl:

Junie hope you got everything accomplished with the estate business that you wanted to yesterday. I am sorry about your friend's mom. You are so right that some cats are very territorial. Looks like Zoe and Tommy are two of those cats. Woohoo your car might be here in a few days Junie-so exciting!

Hi Austina how are the temps by you today? Everything seems much colder in Celsius.:lol: It has been so mild here 50s and 60s F but it's getting cold soon again and we are getting a N'oreaster here tomorrow. I love those blue suede boots on you and hope you are happy with your purchase.:appl:

Marcy you are quite right. There is a N'oreaster heading our way. Snow and wind and then rain and wind. I have been loving the weather for the past week but it looks like March is coming in like a lion starting tomorrow. Cmon little lamb and make your way here soon.:halo:
Haha umm no, you certainly *are* a jokester and that is why the two of you complement each other so very well. Nice try Marcy. :lol:
Sorry that meeting was unpleasant yesterday. :( Ugh, you deserve so much better Marcy. I cannot believe through all of this your troublesome employee continues her antics. She really should start looking for another job as she seems miserable there. I cannot believe she has lasted this long at wprk. I hope your talk with your boss goes well today and I hope he shows his appreciation for your dedicated and hard work. Sometimes blunt is necessary plus I know your blunt will be very professional. Good luck and (((hugs))). I hope it goes well!
Yay to mini pizzas last night. And a cookie. The perfect comfort food after a challenging day.

Hi Rainwood, I cannot believe it is Thursday already. My goodness the week goes so fast now that I am not at my job. Lightning fast. Hope you had a good day at work yesterday and are enjoying a lovely week.

SO the range was delivered yesterday to our Brooklyn home and long story short it doesn't fit. The delivery men said this is more common than you would think as they started making ranges a bit wider in recent years and a lot of people are having this problem. Greg did measure but the space he measured is wider at front and narrower at the back and he didn't realize that. Plus I am not sure we would have found a range that would have fit in that space anyway since they are now making the standard range wider. Today I am hoping the granite cutter I called yesterday afternoon will come here and cut the 1/4" off each side of the granite and that the range will fit. Fingers crossed. I found it mostly amusing more than upsetting yesterday but I don't think I will find it amusing today if this doesn't work. So fingers crossed that it does. You cannot make this stuff up.

Uh oh:oops2:
rangedoesntfit.jpg

What's wrong with this picture?:cheeky:
ovendoesntfit.jpg

Have a good Thursday girls!:wavey:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rain wood, yes. Nice to be happy.

Thanks Missy!
I bought a ton of yummy food and a couple of novels and have spent the day in bed.
NO barn chores
NO dogs following me from room to room like a parade
NO Puff mimicking the smoke alarm
Just ME and John Grisham <3

How nice to um... have a big storage space behind your stove? Is the stove too big? Now what?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bonjour Jimmianne :wavey:
Haha that’s an idea. Well Giuseppe came and did a lovely job. About an hour from start to finish. It wasn’t easy. And the mom in me was concerned for him and his assistant as they wore no eye or hearing protection or even glove protection. Those blades are super sharp. Wow. But they came through for me and our wonderful super and handyman (who is off on Thursdays but came in just for this) were there with me keeping me company while Giuseppe worked his magic. I took videos which I can’t share here but maybe later I’ll share them on IG. In the meantime I did take a few photos for you lovely ladies.

Jimmianne enjoy your Grisham reading.Bonne lecture Sounds like the perfect thing to do on a cold day.

After all the granite cutting and careful measuring and remeasuring...

36990284-9053-4633-870B-B8AFC2B3AFFA.jpeg

39727C68-6959-4475-8719-A0273DF67032.jpeg

I’m exhausted from just watching these men work.:lol:
Finally, yes, it fits.
3ABCE763-82F9-43A2-B277-3A6D2EE2D85C.jpeg

F8F5A2F9-8F8F-4EA1-ACA7-27EAB41C6314.jpeg

FBE122A1-1D50-4FC9-8FC8-B4ACF03970E6.jpeg

Now I just hope it works. :pray:
Hahaha. Hope everyone is having a good day.

Last edited:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I did wonder if your journey would be affected by the weather @Jimmianne , I assume The Beast from the East is affecting large parts of Europe too. What a journey, was there any explanation as to why the plane was so cold? It’s either boiling hot, or freezing cold, never a happy medium. Glad you got ‘home’ safely and feel happy to be on terra Francais. Thank goodness you managed to get out for food today.

How are you still sane @marcy ? What with dealing with petulant toddlers masquerading as adults, and your boss, I don’t know how you stand it. I hope you managed to have your meeting today, and get your points across.

I’m beginning to think I’d fit in there, it hasn’t been warmer than -4 , with light snow all day. The only upside being that we had to go out food shopping, and although the roads were bad, the supermarket was well stocked and almost empty. Thank goodness for AWD.

Oi @missy, what a heart stopping moment when the stove didn’t fit, but yay to getting the marble cut and it slotting in. It does make you wonder why manufacturers change dimensions of appliances when most people have totally fitted kitchen which are all standard sizes.

I’m loving my boots, especially as they were an amazing bargain, it’s definitely an advantage having children’s sized feet :lol:

The wind is getting up, and we’re in for even more snow over the next couple of days, they’re already saying it’s the coldest March on record :???:

Dottie is loving it, she runs round the garden like a thing possessed and won’t come in :lol:

I’m glad the weather is getting warmer in Austin, because in 2 weeks we’ll be there :D Can’t wait.

Big wave out to all the NIRDIs :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Jimmianne, what an ordeal to get to your home away from home. Stay safe with the ice. It looks like you are set for the day.

Rainwood, good point that is Jimmianne is happy to be there after the challenges she faced getting there she is in the right place.

Missy, I was reading about your storm a little while ago. Sounds intense. Are you guys heading to the beach or staying in the city? Darn that I didn’t fool you about being a jokester. OMG I can’t believe they changed the width of ranges; what a pain. It looks like those guys did a great job trimming your granite and your stove fits perfectly. It looks very nice. You are right; you can’t make this stuff up. We had to have off the bottom of a cupboard and remove some trim to get a new refrigerator in our old house.

Austina, what makes you think I am still sane? I just keep going back to see what else will happen next. I absolutely love “petulant toddlers masquerading as adults”. I am glad you made it to the store and back okay. I love it when the store is empty. I saw that headline about you guys having the coldest March ever. Funny you said that. I am sure Dottie is having fun with the snow. You’ll enjoy warmer weather in Austin soon. Our snow is coming back on Sunday. Mother nature never gives up.

We didn’t talk to HR today but I am sure that is coming. One key employee is quitting in 2 weeks though so we are moving my best employee over to her job and then I get back an employee I had 5 years ago. He was great at our job but the downside might be he is getting a demotion. He’s been a supervisor and isn’t suited to it. He seemed okay today about it. It’s being presented as he’ll be a big help and boost to our team. Time will tell.

I did have my chat with my employees and mentioned in the end it is all about money and that we are going to have to be doing our best to survive. I explained the rating scale and if you want a chance for a raise this is what you have to do. I also said if you hate this job then it’s time to look for a new job because there is no sense doing something you hate. Since the transfer guy starts on Monday I’ll bring up their errors and doing their own work on Monday.

Tomorrow is Friday and Marty will be home.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Happy snowy/rainy/windy Friday and I hope the weather is calm and lovely where you are. It is a nor'easter here. But the perfect excuse to enjoy a lazy Friday morning with my dh. Enjoying coffee in bed with all 4 kitties and my guy and staying comfy cozy. :kiss:

Austina you are so lucky to have petite feet. I have monster feet that are still growing.:shock: OMG at this rate I might size myself out of boots oh no! JK, I hope! Anyway love your blue boots so much and glad you love them too.:appl: Yes that is exactly how I felt. Heart stopped when I realized oh no it isn't going to fit. I had a weird feeling all day before the delivery and I knew in my bones something was going to go wrong. I have a sixth sense and I know when it is going off something is going down. It's spooky. I was actually talking to a NIRDI that morning and told her something was going to go wrong with the delivery so I have proof haha that my sixth sense was working. It is spooky but there you have it. The real problem is when it is going off there is nothing I can do to change things as I am not sure what it is that is going to go wrong. Just that something is. I'd like to try to harvest it into a positive power haha. Still trying to figure that one out. Woohoo 2 more weeks and you are in Austin! So excited for you guys and I am hoping the weather improves for your visit. Aaaaand if you want to take a quick trip to NYC for a few days let me know and I will be your tour guide.:halo:

Marcy sorry you had to feel a similar pain and trim some of the cabinet and trim off to get your fridge in your old house. Keeps us on our toes but I sure wouldn't mind (and am sure you feel similarly) being in a relaxed on my feet (as opposed to balancing on my toes haha) position once in a while. Oh my a lot is happening at your job isn't it? Sorry a key employee is quitting but glad you are getting one of your best employees back and another one you like. Yay. Sorry about the difficult chat you had with that employee about surviving and working and if he/she doesnt like the job to look elsewhere. Nicely done Marcy and I know that couldn't have been an easy conversation to have. We are staying in the city this month most likely. I am not going to the beach house till the kitchen is complete and our best estimate is another month. We will see. It is coming along nicely though and fingers crossed they complete everything they need to complete efficiently and effortlessly. Another snag but hoping it can be fixed. It is snowing here and very windy with winds expected to pick up as the day goes on. We are having Marcy weather.:lol: Woohoo for Mr Marty arriving home soon. Safe travels!

PierreBear (((hugs))) and you are doing great. Hang in there girl.

So far we are loving the new range woohoo. It's very powerful and Greg loves it. 5 burners with an oval burner for large pans and has an add on griddle. Smooth side for pancake etc and other side for grilling fish etc. I am relieved it has all worked out and that Greg is enjoying the new range.

Speaking of new our Overstock stools (that I ordered for the beach kitchen) arrived the other day and this AM Greg had some time and put them together. LOVE. They are perfect IMO. Bright white and minimalist in style and comfortable with a curved seat. What a great deal these were. Now I just hope they look good in the new kitchen at the beach.

overstockwhitestoolsforbeachkitchen.jpg

HRH had to investigate. Blurry in action Francesca shot.

frankieandoverstockstool.jpg

Have a wonderful Friday girls!:wavey:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Nirdis!

Missy, very glad things were resolved with the range. I love how it looks and it's great it works well and Greg is happy with it. Your new stools are really pretty and I think they'll look great in the kitchen.

Jimmianne, really sorry for that long and difficult trip! But you sound so happy and content that it sounds like it was well worth it lol. So glad you are getting some rest and enjoying yourself.

Austina, oh no to the cold temps and snow. Although at least Dottie loves it, that little sweetie :love: Your boots look fantastic on you, I love them! It's so nice you have your trip to look forward to.

Marcy, sorry to hear about the changes at work. It kinda stinks you're losing your best employee and I hope things go smoothly with the new person you're getting. At least you know he's a good worker. Good for you for being honest and direct with your employees, I know it was a difficult conversation to have. You said things they needed to hear and hopefully they will take your words to heart. And wow to the drama going on with your other employee! I'm glad the weekend is here and Marty will be home soon, try your best to forget about work and relax a little!

Thanks to everyone for the sympathy about my friend's loss, definitely a tough time for her. Her father seems really devastated and I'm worried for him. This friend and I have lost touch but she's the kind of friend where you can just pick up where you left off without missing a beat, and I'm going to do a better job of staying in touch with her.

Yesterday I went to my brother's to help him move his refrigerator out of his galley kitchen so he can start tiling the floor. It sounds much harder than it was :P2 - I really just had to guide it into the living room. For some reason dh bought an appliance hand truck years ago, so we used that and it was actually very easy. I have no idea why he bought that hand truck but thank goodness he did lol.

Well, I was going to venture out to the grocery store today but since it's now snowing and super windy I think I'll stay in and do something equally exciting, like clean the bathrooms lol.

Have a good day everyone!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi guys

I had started a reply and saved it drafts and can't figure out a way to retrieve the draft. :confused:

How do I do it?

And Hi :wavey: It's Friday!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

It isn't raining men, or diamonds, or cash. Just the big white cold stuff that no one cares about. I'd love to have the former to complain about...but alas.

I worked all week and most of next so it may as well snow like mad and be cold. While that isn't true, what else can one do? I don't remember this climate I am living in. Who does?

JimmieA--trials and tribulations. Prendre plaiser maison! (I hope you KWIM!)

:wavey:

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Happy first Saturday in this month of March. Caturday Saturday meowww

Junie thank you. Glad you were able to help your brother move his refrigerator and yay for hand trucks. They rock. Glad you stayed in yesterday. It was nasty out. But I am relieved that the storm is over and all is OK. It was snowing all day in Brooklyn but not sticking. However the wind was howling. The electrician still went to the beach house and did the rest of the electrical work but narrowly missed getting hit by a tree whose heavy branches fell right where he had been standing. He heard a crack and ran and BAM. Anyway whew. Close call. Today the painters are coming and painting the one wall with no backsplash.

Hope your weekend plans are fun Junie and that you are enjoying some R and R with your loved ones.

CJ I'm sorry, how frustrating and I am not sure how to get to drafts. One possibility is go to the upper line of the box of your post. There is a symbol if you hover over it marked drafts. 3rd from right. Not the 2 extreme right symbols but 3rd from right of the line of symbols. SO hit that. Maybe that will work for you. But if it doesnt and no one else here knows you could email Ella though it is the weekend and she might not be checking her emails. I hate losing posts and I hope that helps you retrieve it. After I post here I will do a little test and see if that works. Hope you are having a nice weekend.

Sharon, aint that the truth. I dont know what season it is anymore. Hope work goes well this week! And yes please let it start raining men, diamonds or cash and enough of this other precipitation we have been receiving.:lol:

Jimmianne hope you are comfy cozy and enjoying your books. Hugs!

Greg's off to Costco and I am still having my first cup of coffee and waking up. Enjoy this lovely Saturday girls!:wavey:

Leaving you with the tree branches that almost hit our electrician Jamie. Crack, snap and BAM. Luckily he has great hearing and ran right before it hit. Whew.:o
treebroke.jgp.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CJ I'm sorry, I cannot figure it out. I am sure I am missing something right in front of me. I see where one can save and delete drafts but not sure how to get them back. Another thought I had is if you just start posting maybe it will appear? Try it and see if that works.

PierreBear welcome home! Hope your flight went well and that you accomplished a lot during the training and are pleased with how it went. Enjoy your weekend!

Marcy hope you and Marty are enjoying this weekend together and that he is happy to be back home after his business trip and that his cough is all gone.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Well it snowed all day yesterday and was so cold, and today, plus temps and the snow is melting, what’s going on with the weather :confused: I’m not complaining, we’ll be glad to see the back of all this snow, it’s just dirty slush now :???:

We have one of those carts @junebug17 and it’s so useful, glad you were able to help your brother out. Has he settled in now? Oh no to the snow and wind hitting you, I hope it doesn’t get too bad and stop you getting out.

Hi @canuk-gal I’m sure the snow is much worse where you are, stay safe and warm. If it starts raining diamonds, please feel free to send some this way, anything else, please feel free to keep :D

It’s all happening at your work @marcy I don’t envy you dealing with it, but it sounds like you have a good handle on the situation. Hope Marty got home safe and sound yesterday, and is fully recovered. Do you have any plans for the weekend?

OMG @missy what a near miss, thank goodness the electrician is ok. Glad things are still progressing at the beach house, it’ll soon be done. The stools look good, I think they’ll look perfect in the kitchen. I have purple accents in my kitchen, and managed to find the exact colour I wanted :lol:

EF920293-18D9-4BF2-89F7-4D0CFAA8B732.jpeg

No plans for us this weekend, I’m going to catch up on the laundry and sort out what I’m taking to Texas.

Have a great one NIRDIs. :wavey:

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs! Just a quick hi today, sorry it's not a good catch up job, hope I didn't miss anything major, and hi to everyone of course hugs

Missy thank you. I can't figure it out either. What I'm thinking is that maybe a draft is saved for during that session only. You can't get it back if you log off or clear your cookies, etc.

Anyway - thanks! I like the stools, I have similar ones but in brown/wood. Glad the oven is in there all I could picture is all your kitties loving that back empty space :D that's probably what they would have voted for.

Missy - I was wondering - do you think you could put a poem together having to do with FIV, if I send you some of the facts about it that you could use. If you think you'd be willing to and wouldn't be too time consuming let me know and I'll tell you why I was thinking about this. If you can't or don't want to, no worries of course. :kiss2:

austina your thighs look thin to me in that picture - everything is relative :D mine look like yours in the picture on a good day

juney you're such a good sister :) and I hope Zoey isn't chasing her own reflection any more poor girl.

hi marcy hope you had a good week at work and in general and that marty is finally all better.

pierre meant to tell you that yes we should all remember that a smile goes a long way, we never know what someone we're talking to is going through in their lives. Know what's funny? My friend I went out to dinner with knows that waitress because of how snotty she is. LOL Hope all is well with you.

Things are good here - below are some updates on my life for all the NIRDIs that care about reading them :D

-one thing I've come to realize is that just because someone is in rescue and loves cats doesn't make them knowledgeable about cats. Or patient. Or gentle. And I think after a while they are just so affected by all they see and deal with that they are coiled and waiting to hear certain things - and the second they do, they go the "next step." Oh, "can't pick her up?" No good. Understandably so in the sense that the most positives an animal has the easier it is to place her. And unfortunately for this little girl, she has quite a few strikes against her. But I am turning it into a positive and seeing if I can train her to sit on my lap.

-speaking about training (and warning, more cat stuff - hey what do you guys want I don't have children to talk about) :D I have made a lot of progress training my boy to sit quietly and not whine while he waits for food. He has gone from being totally restless and whining and crying to actually sitting quietly by the door of the room and waiting until I put the food down, stand up, sit quietly myself, and then instruct him to "Go." It's not perfect yet by any means - I want to eliminate all whining - including when I get up in the morning and he first sees me - but it's been great progress. With my girl, she knows how to sit too, but I don't mind if she moves before I tell her to go because she's quiet.

-dinner with my friend and her boyfriend was a lot of fun. After I got over the way the guy looks (sorry it's the truth - not as in ugly though just his appearance in general) he actually turned out to be super funny and what appears to be a genuine, smart, and nice person. They have a lot of things to work out between them as they do not live in the same state, but I did like him, and so did DH. We haven't laughed that hard in a long time he was super funny. I hope that it works out for her and that he is as nice as he appears to be.

And now that I've bored you to death, see you all later :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CJ yes definitely I would be honored to help if I can. Just send me the info you want to and I'll try to put something together.
I loved reading about your updates (not boring at all) and your thoughts by the way and I agree completely about the training. So glad you have made great strides with your boy and your girl. As for dinner with your friend and her boyfriend and his appearance yes I totally get that. Once I get to know a person their attractiveness can do a 180 in my eye. SO if a handsome man or a beautiful woman acts ugly they become ugly to me and vice versa. A less attractive woman or guy becomes beautiful to me if their soul is beautiful. Corny but true true true. For me at least. Inner beauty makes you beautiful.

Austina wow on finding stools in just the right eggplant color. That isn't easy haha. And I love those because they look super comfy. Nice.

Just got home from a lovely walk and it is very nice out. Crisp and cool but sunny. Visited the rescues of course and omg they have the sweetest little sister kittens. And as usual I wanted to take them all home with us.:whistle::lol:
And I just did "smudging" thanks @PintoBean for turning me onto that. And Greg humored me and went from room to room with me helping me "smudge". Fingers crossed it does the trick.:halo:
http://www.naturallivingideas.com/smudging/

smudging.jpg

Wishing all of you positive and good energy. :appl:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Missy, are you guys still getting smacked from the storm? Your sixth sense does seem to know things ahead of time. I’ve had a few times where I was right; Luckily most of the time I am just worrying for nothing. It’s not a bad thing to have life keep us on our toes; it keeps us ready for anything. Ha! Work will continue to be interesting. Supervisors and up were called in to a meeting yesterday that basically said if we or any of our employees don’t like all the changes we should find another job. I can’t say I disagree with that, but it was a total smack down. It was obvious the VP had feedback from those classes we all took recently because he specially called out the biggest complainers by name. I am glad you stayed in the city this weekend. Some places are sure having high tides, bad winds and lots of snow. I wonder what will happen first - your kitchen is done or June get’s her Macan? I am glad you are loving your new stove. The oval burner is pretty nice. Our burners are different sized. Two are quick boil one being really large and then 2 are smaller. We have the center burner and griddle spot too. Your stools look fabulous. I am glad they are nice and comfortable. I am glad your electrician didn’t get hit by those falling tree limbs. How fun to visit the rescues today and I am not shocked you wanted to take them home with you. Nice picture buy my eye immediately went to lovely Bea.

June, I am getting anxious for your Macan to be delivered. I sure don’t like dealing with employee drama but I guess it’s my life now. It’s nice enough to play golf here today but Marty didn’t go out; he has been napping a lot and just decided to go to the mall. He didn’t ask me if I wanted to come; personally I think he wanted the car to himself since I was just nagging at him when we were out earlier. I am sorry to hear your friend’s father is taking this so hard; it is tough. I am sure your friend will appreciate having you around now. It sounds like moving the refrigerator went smoothly with your brother. That can be a big chore; glad he has the hand truck for assistance. Good idea to stay in from the storm.

CJ, I hate losing a post. I type my up my NIRID response in Pages so I don’t lose it. Sometimes when I’ve lost a post I typed in PS if I use the back arrow I can find it. I think the rescue people are like anything - the want to make a difference but maybe aren’t always as committed to it as others. You are making great progress about your boy and whining and sadly I immediately wished I could train some of my employees to do the same. You have a kind and patient heart working with your kids so much. That’s great you liked your friend’s boyfriend and had a wonderful time.

Sharon, it would be nice to rain diamonds or cash. Stay warm with all that snow.

Austina, I saw a lot of places there had quite a bit of snow. I am glad it’s melting already. Great color on your kitchen stools.

Not much exciting going on around here. Marty got home mid-afternoon yesterday. He emptied out the last few pieces of flooring at his gym, vacuumed and turned in his key. He and a buddy lifted downstairs last night so I didn’t talk to him much until his friend left. His team was meeting their new boss yesterday but sadly Marty was on the plane during that meeting.

This morning I had a haircut then started working on laundry. We met some friends for lunch and then they followed us home and picked up our recumbent bike. A lady from work is coming by tonight to get the treadmill and our man cave will be mostly picked up again.

Have a fabulous weekend. Stay safe and warm. I think it is warmer here than where most of you are today. That’ll change quickly.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! It's big and small dog Sunday:appl:

Marcy our weather was lovely yesterday and the storm was gone. However there is another one coming to us this Wednesday oh no. Hoping it won't be a huge storm fingers crossed.

Glad Marty is home with you and that you are enjoying the weekend together.

Your work meeting was tough but I am glad the VP called out the biggest complainers. Maybe that will help them become a bit more self aware. Being Self Aware is one of the first steps to changing a negative behavior I think.

I think Junie will get her Macan first haha because we are still a bit away from being completely done with the beach reno. Especially if a storm hits this week.

We love our new range so far. It also has a warming drawer which we had with our Sea Girt range but never used. Greg says he will use it this time. We will see hahaha. Speaking of Greg he is cooking for me on the new range right this instant. Grilled onions, Sea Bass and Brussel sprouts. Yummmm.

Thanks for noticing Bea in that photo haha. (she hasn't been cleaned in over 2 weeks my bad :oops2:).I did sort of show her off when taking it as I know a plain photo won't do for the NIRDIs :dance::sun:

Exciting you picked up the recumbent bike and are getting the treadmill. Home gyms rock. Glad you enjoyed a nice lunch with friends and got hair cut too Marcy. You are very productive on the weekends as well as the workweek. Nice. Hope today is a lovely and relaxing day for you both.

Junie any Macan updates? We are all anxiously awaiting the delivery of "our" new car.:cheeky::appl:

Leaving you with lovely kitten photos from yesterday. Awwwww and Awe! LOVE the kittens and cats and all the rescues. Please save a life and adopt a rescue if you are thinking about adding a new family member. It is so worth it. You won't regret it.:appl:

kittensbrooklynanimalaction.jpg

Have a great Sunday girls!:wavey:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As the NIRDIs turn?...
Why is Missy smudging ?
Is Marcy still sane?
Will CJ find her draft?
[yes]
Stay tuned in for more!!!!

Missy, love those stools. They have a lot of character, the design could be from the 1800’s or the latest style. And they are good to go skinnybutt!

Austina, how is the beastly weather? It snowed here and is cold, rainy now, but nothing like the artic temps of a few days ago.

Sharon I can’t decide if the idea of raining men is wonderful or completely horrifying. Diamonds, yes...or how about it’s raining good men carrying diamonds??

June, you are such a good sister. Hope you are doing well.

Ps. Bea? Two weeks? No!

Here is what it looks like at the moment
9904CEDC-4BE2-4191-8E39-21EDB9458FB8.jpeg

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy I'm so happy you're going to see about putting a poem together. Yay. Thanks so much. I'll get all the little facts together and get them to you, probably via email tomorrow.

Thanks for saying the cat updates weren't boring. :) It's amazing what you can achieve with patience and positive reinforcement. They are just such lovely creatures. :) And especially my boy, who has so many issues, you can see at the heart of it he just wants to be a good boy.

As far as my friend's boyfriend, it goes to show you how we can make snap judgments...also goes to show you how appearances do have an effect on how people view you. But yes, after I got to know him I saw what she could see in him. And in a way it's those things why I love her so much, too. She is just so accepting of people just as they are. Probably why she likes me :D

I totally can envision Greg walking with you room to room smudging.

The kitties are just so gorgeous.

marcy it really s*cks that things have to get to the point that people need to hear if you don't like it find another job. I hate to say it but when it's a LOT of employees that need to hear that I think something more is going on too some gray areas in there.

What is Pages. Is that some kind of Mac App. Yes, it's happened to me too that if I go back I can find it. But in this case I had saved it a few days ago and had already logged out too.

LOL to training your employees not to whine. :lol: You could hire me as a consultant. I'm not cheap but I'm good. :lol:

The training is so beneficial I find - it teaches him to be calm which is good for him mentally and when he's not whining we don't get annoyed with him (plus it doesn't set off any chain reactions like our girl kitty starting to whine too) which is good for him, and for us. So we all win. Just takes tons of patience. Sometimes it will take 20 minutes maybe more before I can finally put down his food. But it should eventually get to the point that he's trained and that's it.

Do you think Marty felt a little sad about the gym finally being dismantled.

Hope your hair came out nice.

jimmianne your post had me cracking up. We have a bunch of really funny ladies here. I love it.

OK girls that's it for today.

I'm still battling what seems to be a sore throat that wants to come on full force. I'm sneezing, too, and get the shivers here and there. Been taking tons of vitamin C.

I bought some rice pudding, cookies, and fruit. I have a feeling the rice pudding and cookies will win out today. :D

Have a wonderful Sunday girls.

ETA: Watched Meth Storm - documentary. Thought it was really good. So sad though.

Last edited:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello everyone!

Missy, glad you had a nice walk with Greg and I hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend. Thank goodness the electrician wasn't hurt, mother nature can be very scary sometimes. Yay to painting being done, can't wait until it's all finished and you and Greg can start enjoying that gorgeous kitchen. I hope the smudging works and you get lots of positive energy from it! Hey, it's worth a try and can't hurt! Love the pic of those adorable kittens, omg that pink nose! :love:

Sharon, so sorry you're still dealing with a lot of snow! Hope you have a good week at work.

CJ, sorry about the frustation with the draft, and I am absolutely no help unfortunately, couldn't figure it out. Agree with Missy, maybe contact a mod about it. How great you've been able to train your kitty not to whine about being fed! That's impressive, training a cat isn't always easy, they're so independent. Sending lots of good thoughts to you about helping Mousey get more acclimated to human interaction. You're doing such a great job with her. Your friend's bf sounds like a great guy and I'm glad you enjoyed his company so much. I love being around funny people who can make me laugh. Unfortunately Zoe started doing the weird window thing at our house in NJ, ugh! But the windows here have blinds on them so it hasn't been as much of a problem. Hope you are feeling ok, and aren't coming down with something. And fwiw your posts are not boring, at all! I love hearing about you're thoughts and what is going on in your life.

Austina, love your kitchen chairs! Beautiful color, it's great you were able to find just the right shade, not always easy to do. My brother seems to be settling in ok, still not exactly thrilled but he was lucky to find this place for several different reasons and I think he realizes that.

Marcy, sounds like a tough meeting and hopefully all the complainers got the message and will have a better attitude about their jobs. Nice that the man cave is getting straightened up. I hope you like how your hair came out, was just thinking today I'm due for a trim. Lunch with friends is a good way to break up the day, sounds like fun.

Jimmianne, what a lovely pic! Hope you're having a great time, hugs.

Pretty uneventful weekend here - dh and I went to a running store yesterday and I was fitted for running shoes and custom inserts - finding any kind of comfortable shoe is usually a big hassle for me, and this time was no exception - after trying on many pairs I finally found ones that are pretty comfortable, although I feel like my bunions are bothering me a little after wearing them for a bit, ugh. Today was a rest day, so I'll have a better idea tomorrow when I do a run. Afterwards we grabbed a bite to eat. Today I finally made it to the grocery store, and now just cooking some things for the week and watching golf.

Hope you all have a pleasant and relaxing Sunday evening!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Missy, I enjoyed your “blues” thread. I found what pictures I could to contribute. As you know blue is my favorite color too. Fun!
Greg is testing out your new stove all right. Your dinner sounds delicious. We have a warming drawer but use it for lids.
I am glad to hear you are having nice weather for a few days anyway.
My eyes are always going to zoom in on the bling in any picture. Bea is very photogenic.
We were giving away our treadmill and recumbent bike. Marty has 2 racks, all his weights and a different kind of bike he rides so we ran out of room in his gym downstairs. It’s easy to find takers when you give things away.
Those kitties are so cute and sweet.

Jimmianne, your as the NIRDI’s turn totally made me chuckle. I have to ask though - was Marcy “ever” sane? It looks great there with a rainbow in the sky. Sweet.

CJ, I totally get upper management’s perspective; however we’ve been with this company for a year now and it has constantly been a - “oh wait there’s more”. If they’d given us all this information initially there would have been the usual grumbling but then you move on. It’s been a painful move with very little communication. I get both sides but I’m always in the camp of it is what it is; if I don’t like it then I should move along. It’s going to be interesting.
Pages is Mac’s version of Word. I like it.
So since you aren’t cheap can I bribe you with cookies?
Hopefully your boy kitty gets better about whining so he gets his food more quickly.
Yes, Marty was sad his gym didn’t work out. He got a call yesterday and I think the guy called back today about training. He is stationed at the air base here; I told Marty if that works out he may get a lot of referrals on base.
My hair looks okay. It always seems a little flat for a few days but then perks up.
Oh no to maybe catching a cold. I hope you start to feel better.

Junebug, oh no that Zoe is doing the same thing at home. Poor kitty. My hair is a bit shorter but I thought with spring theoretically coming I’ll get it cut a bit shorter; nothing big just an inch or so. I hope your new shoes and inserts work well for you. We are watching golf too; I wonder if Phil will catch up again?

I think CJ and I have the same bug. I have a sore throat and I am sneezing. I am chilly sometimes (okay that is normal) and really tired. When I made our raw veggie plate for lunch I work food prep gloves. Of course Marty probably gave me his crud but why pass it back and forth?

I made a Marcy McMuffin for breakfast and we had steaks cooked on the grill for lunch. It was lucky we ate when we did because the wind is kicking up again this afternoon.

I am down to towels in the dryer so I am almost done with that chore.

Take care.
Marcy

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Need some serious dust. Our youngest furbaby is really sick, so I have been at the animal university hospital with him the last week. High fever and CRP and not responding to treatment. Now they suspect some version of meningitis. The world can be a harsh place for a 8 month old puppy. All prayers appreciated.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scandi, I am so sorry... sending bucketloads of healing dust to your sweet puppy. Gentle (((hugs))) and bucketloads of good luck wishes and healing vibes. All our good wishes are with you and keeping you and your sweet puppy in our thoughts and prayers for a full recovery.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results