shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

P

PierreBear

Just chiming in to say hello! Hope everyone is feeling at peace and joyful for the weekend to come.
@missy - oh my... all that snow. I think that calls for a cup of hot chocolate and a good book. Hope your health is going well.
@marcy - hope that $20 dollar bill bought you a great meal! It should come with free dessert next time!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, thank you for sharing snow photos. You are really getting a lot of weather up your way this winter. It sounds cozy that you stayed in with DH and kitties, what a bird’s eye view you have <3

Austina, I think it takes about three months to get to closing on the house.
After we agreed on a purchase price the owner threw in a little surprise by saying she had already paid the 4500€ tax to use her house as a bnb this summer and wants to stay until the end of August. Not nice. We are trying to work it out without anyone getting their feathers too ruffled. Had lunch with a couple from Surry. This village is quite an English refuge. Hey! I just realized we are on the same side of the world this week. If I were more brave and had time I would meet you for tea ... sometime for sure.

Marcy, Have you been eating more steak since reading about protein and body building? I sure have. Now...on to the ice cream! Glad your weather is better.

Hi everyone :dance:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

:-o That’s a lot of snow @missy . I hope your results are back tomorrow with good news. This weather is definitely weird, we’re enjoying lovely sunshine which is making it springlike again, and other parts of the country are getting more snow. I think it’s going to be cold this w/e but we should be into double figures next week.

That was sneaky of the seller not to tell you that until after accepting the offer @Jimmianne . I hope you can work things out. Adam had a similar situation with his house, the people asked if they could stay and pay rent after the closing. They offered him less than he was paying in rent on his apartment :roll

Did the couple say where in Surrey they were from? You’re welcome to jump on the shuttle and come over anytime. :D Do you have to fly throw Heathrow to get back to the US? We’re in Tx 14-28th March, but home after that.

Hi @PierreBear I hope you’re feeling a bit more settled about the job, you can do it, believe in yourself - we all do ;)2

I don’t know how you do it @marcy, your job, the staff, it sounds like a nightmare. I’m glad you can laugh about it, I think I’d be pulling my hair out. Good job the bunnies are keeping you amused :mrgreen2: Good luck to Marty for Saturday.

Hi @Scandinavian how’s your good boy doing? Any news on your op?

Glad your DH didn’t have to go out in that awful weather @junebug17 it’s how badly other people drive in those conditions that’s the big worry.

Hi @canuk-gal hope your Mum continues to do well.

Hi @Calliecake I’ve been reading your posts in the President thread with great interest. As with most media outlets, we often only get the edited highlights, so I’m glad to read a different POV on things.

I’m in desperate need of a hair cut and colour, so thankfully I’ve got an appointment tomorrow, I look like Lily Munster :lol:

Yay, nearly the weekend :dance:

:wavey:

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
june - thanks re: the training the kitties. Just takes a lot patience. And thanks for the compliment about Mousey too. Funny men are so awesome. Any man is 10 times more attractive when they're funny. Has Zoey been doing the weird thing again. I hope not poor kitty. And I'm glad my posts aren't putting you to sleep. :D I really am myself here so if you find me boring online there is nothing more IRL. So at least, you've been warned. :D I remember reading about your running - have I told you how impressed I am? I am. Hope your DH and your DD are doing great. (I forget if you have a DS too, sorry about that.)

marcy - sounds like there's just kind of dysfunction all around and that was exactly my point...often the lower levels get blamed but upper levels don't look at ways in which they contribute to the dysfunction. Not easy and I feel for you. I also agree that at some point there is always the choice that if we don't like how things are being done we either try to make changes, accept things as they are, or leave. DH and I belong to a group that is run by someone else and we're not always in agreement. So we of course often complain about things with each other, but I always remind him, we don't have to stay. I always often remind him though that the grass always seems greener, and somewhere else may not have the SAME problems, but there would be OTHER problems. So it just depends on whether the current problems are bearable and outweighed by the positive.

You can bribe me with cookies any time. But since I'm not cheap, I would require cookies PLUS tons of your humor.

The first couple of times when I read the sentence about my kitty getting better with the whining, knowing it was coming from you I thought you were being funny, as in I hope he whines louder as to drive you crazy and make you give up the training. :D But now I realize you meant the opposite. See how can we can assume things when we think we "know" the person. Had I answered the post the first or second time I read it I would have said "marcy! that is the exact opposite of what I want! You're a bad influence!" :D" and you would've been like huh?

I feel sad for Marty, even though I know he'll get over it. I hope the guy at the base works out. Wishing him luck.

My hair is always flat. I remember saying you have a lot of hair, so that's wonderful.

How are you feeling? I am still sneezing here and there but I don't think anything's going to take hold.

scandi how awesome your pup is better yay

missy hi! :wavey:I know I owe you a reply have started it but want to have all my thoughts together first. I hope you don't find my feedback overwhelming. The poem has made me think of a lot of different factors and so of course I want to explain them to you. The fact that it has forced me to think through some stuff has been a gift in itself. As I already told you what you have already put together is just so lovely and such a gift for Mousey. And yes, there are a lot of owner surrenders. :blackeye:My first instinct is to always think that there is absolutely zero reason why anyone should EVER ever surrender their pet. I don't think I could ever do it. I cannot fathom doing that. However as I get older and dealing with some of these rescue people who immediately jump to conclusions I do believe there could be some extenuating circumstances where someone really and truly does not have any other choice. I think the likelihood is extremely low, but I do think that there might some. Believe it or not someone on Mousey's page said something to the effect of we'd love to adopt Mousey we had two kitties that we had to give away when we moved but maybe soon we'll be ready to have kitties again. BUT instead of reacting and assuming I did ask first, where the kitties were now, and she said with family members. I cut and pasted that into a file in case they ever inquire about her because it is still a huge red flag. And yes, for adult kitties to find homes...very hard.

Hope your appliances are all working great :appl:

pierre I really felt your internal struggle in your post. How are you feeling about the opportunity now? Would you be willing to risk the opportunity and negotiate now? Or soon?

austina it is really so nice to be able to share my journey with Mousey with you guys. Dottie must sound so cute when she rumbles. And I would take rumbling over whining any day. Mousey will paw at me if I'm too slow serving her the food, and I'm trying to teach her not to, even though it's actually freaking adorable. But a lot of the adorable things can get annoying over time, and whatever i can do to make her a well behaved kitty the better she'll do in her forever home and that's what I use to keep me going. My friend's boyfriend definitely seems like a goodun. :) But yes, my first reaction was from a good place, but still, I'm always glad when I "check" myself on any judgments.

Guys I gotta run so I gotta pick this up tomorrow.

Almost Friday yay :appl:

Hugs everyone

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls!

Missy, we ended up getting more snow here than was predicted - a very heavy, wet snow that bent and broke branches off of bushes and trees, ugh. Dh is out of town so ds and I shoveled and it was not fun :knockout: Oh no to your friend's property, what a mess with those broken branches. Glad you had a nice snow day with Greg! Great pics of a snowy day in the city.

PB, sending lots of comfort and support to you, I know it's a stressful time for you and I'm sure you will settle into the new job soon. I hope you relax and do something fun this weekend!

Marcy, so sorry you had such a bad day, and I hopefully Marty can help you figure out a way to discourage your employee from being so needy and gossipy. You must be glad tomorrow is Friday. I've never seen Demolition Man, I'll have to watch it. Lol to having to pay the rabbit off, wow, he doesn't come cheap! Glad you enjoyed some nice weather and you were able to get out of the office for a while and meet your friend for lunch.

Jimmianne, so sorry about the unexpected twist with the house, there always seems to be something that goes awry with these transactions. You and dd should have been told up front about this. Good luck, I really hope you can staighten things out and come up with a solution that works for everyone.

CJ, I dunno, my running right now isn't very impressive - I think what I'm doing is more like jogging than running lol! But thanks for the encouragement, and thanks for thinking about my family. Everyone is doing well, thank goodness, and hopefully it stays that way. I think about Mousey all the time and I so hope that she finds a forever home with a very kind, loving, and patient person or family.

Austina, yes, the worst part of bad weather is worrying about everyone driving in it! Thankfully my daughter's school was closed for a few days, she has a fairly long commute to work. You must be getting excited about your trip!

Not much going on with me, just did a few things around the house today. Ugh, sorry, I am very boring these days!

Take care everyone, will check in soon! Xox

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Scandi, how is your furbaby doing today?

Missy, good luck with your test results tomorrow. Pretty snow pictures. It looks like a lot of tree damage. That is great to hear Greg enjoys the new oven. I hope your appliances keep working. Anymore they just aren’t made to last that long. Thanks for the good luck wishes for Marty on Saturday. Glad to hear the snow moved out and it was sunny today.

PierreBear, I hope you have a fabulous weekend. I should get a free dessert for $20.

Jimmianne, that’s kind of crappy the owner didn’t tell you about the brb until now, Glad you are enjoying some steak and ice cream. I do as well.

Austina, glad you are getting some springlike weather. Thanks for the good luck for Marty’s test. Sometimes I wonder why I keep going back. Yay for a new haircut and color tomorrow.

CJ, I would never say anything mean or snide about your kitties. I am glad you figured out I was saying that is a good thing. I agree that all places and organizations have the same problems and issues. I think a lot of our problems are people were promoted in to management for being good workers; not managers. Upper management always seems to be hired from the outside so they don’t understand some of the culture and history of the company. Marty said the guy at the base liked him on Facebook and keeps sending him texts so that is a good sign. Do you wear your hair straight or do you curl it? I do like having so much hair because it has enough body it’s very low maintenance; I can sleep in that way. I am still sneezing. I told Marty I was going to make myself a pendant out of a bunch of Puffs so I have them within easy reach.

June, Marty told me to just flat out tell my employee stop telling me that kind of stuff. That Killer Rabbit is still showing off his $20. Good for you jogging; I hope you enjoy it. Has your snow melted?

So what’s white with red and white flashy lights on top and sets behind a Porsche? Yes, Marty got a ticket tonight. He was going 43 in a 30. Oh oh. I should have never told him let’s go out to supper. We tried to go to a place by the mall but they were all packed; we ended up going across town and Voila; there was a policeman setting on the side of the road.

Have a great Friday!
Marcy

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi dear NIRDI girls,

I am back. Just saying a quick hello to everyone and will read updates.

My trip was very nice. We celebrated Purim too. I was actually not in Budapest so much, I am from there and have an apartment but I work in a neighboring country three days a week, the rest I either work in Hungary for my own company and/or travel. But yes I love Budapest, hope to get my dream place there too.

I am feeling a little better but I need to go in for more serious testing and do more work on my teeth.

Missy not sure if you heard about these supplements but they were very highly recommended to me by a friend and also a doctor here. I am most likely going to order several to help naturally what medicine does not help and/or I am a bit scared of some traditional medicine such as for thyroid.

Just for your information, you can check it out:

http://www.schuesslersalts.com/en/schuessler-salts/Dr._Schuessler_Salts_Overview/index.html?p=

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! I forgot to wish everyone a happy International Women's Day yesterday so wishing you all a belated happy IWD now.:appl:

Junie aww I am sorry your dh was out of town when the snowstorm hit and you had to shovel. Glad you were safe. I just saw that a woman they were talking about on the news was snow blowing and got hit by a falling tree.:o Dangerous business that heavy wet snow and the weight of it on already tired trees. Stay safe. There's another storm coming end of weekend beginning of next week but just taking it one day at a time. Are you jogging at an inside track in this weather?
Jimmianne such exciting news and so happy for you and your DD.:appl:
Not nice what the seller pulled however and I hope you can sort it out with them. Soon this will be just a distant memory when your DD and her FI (and you too) are enjoying their lovely new home.

Austina what a coincidence, I am going for a cut (and maybe some color we shall see) today too.8-) Haha I like your comparison to Lily Munster and I am not far off. My last cut/color was September I believe so you can imagine.:oops2: I am still not sure I will do any color because I don't want to damage my fragile hair but I will see what Tuey thinks. Have a good hair appointment.

CJ no rush and take your time. I am glad it was helpful for you in any way. And yes there are always exceptions and extenuating circumstances and I don't cross anyone off the list until making sure they wouldn't be suitable. Due diligence is critical. And you are more than qualified to make sure any potential home you consider would be a loving one for Mousey. I have no doubt. Sorry you are still sneezing but relieved it isn't anything to worry about. Hugs.

Marcy ugh that sucks. So sorry Marty got a ticket grrr. OMG you have me ROFL though with that Puffs joke wearing it around your neck :lol:. I can just imagine that. I have a box of tissues by my bed and go through quite a lot of them every night. Allergies to the kitties do not help but I am a sucker for their purring love. :love: Good luck Marty tomorrow all our fingers are crossed for him. I doubt I will be hearing from the endocrinologist anytime soon. She has been out of the office for 2 days and she only has a half day today from 1-5 and I will be out so it will be a little miracle if I get my results today and I think more likely sometime next week. Thanks for asking.

Sunstorm, glad you had a lovely trip and Purim and thank you for that link. I never heard of those supplements and will check it out. I am not a fan of taking anything I dont have to as everything has an effect and side effect whether it be natural or man made. Yes please be careful and evaluate anything you take. I am in sort of a limbo where I am not doing much because I am procrastinating and am in a kind of ignorance is bliss stage. I know I need to shake it off but right now I am in a holding pattern.

PierreBear glad you are feeling good for the weekend and hope you enjoy a lovely time with your dh.

Have a lovely Friday girls! TGIF.:wavey:

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
june - trust me, it's impressive. Running, jogging, whatever it qualifies for. :) glad to hear everyone is good. Thanks for always thinking about Mousey, for asking about her and for always having a kind word.

marcy - I never for a second thought what you had said about the training was to be mean or snide. I had taken it as a joke 100%. But thank you for saying that anyway. :) Glad to hear about that guy on the base. Keeping my fingers crossed for him. If you make a Puffs pendant you are required to post a picture. ETA oh and yes on the hiring from the outside and not understanding the culture and history. Sorry your new employee is already being annoying. Are you funny at work too? Do you use humor with your employees?

Hi Sunstorm glad you had a nice trip. :)

missy
I thought you use only natural dyes because of your scalp sensitivity. Sorry to hear you don't have your results yet. Hopefully today you get a beautiful haircut and color and the blood test results.
Yes, when the time comes and I have an inquiry :pray: I will for sure do my due diligence.

DH has a Dr's appointment today middle of the day - so we'll be doing that, and maybe a late breakfast/lunch. I am in the mood for pancakes. :dance:

Mousey has been lingering on my lap after she eats the treats. For just a minute or two. Yay.

She says hi to everyone.

IMG_0459.JPG

Well, that's it for today, just wanted to say hi and wish you all a Happy Friday. :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awwww Hi Mousey!!!!:love::love::love: What a LOVE!!!!

missy
I thought you use only natural dyes because of your scalp sensitivity. Sorry to hear you don't have your results yet. Hopefully today you get a beautiful haircut and color and the blood test results.
Yes, when the time comes and I have an inquiry :pray: I will for sure do my due diligence.

DH has a Dr's appointment today middle of the day - so we'll be doing that, and maybe a late breakfast/lunch. I am in the mood for pancakes. :dance:

Mousey has been lingering on my lap after she eats the treats. For just a minute or two. Yay.

She says hi to everyone.

IMG_0459.JPG

Well, that's it for today, just wanted to say hi and wish you all a Happy Friday. :appl:

CJ last year Sept I had my hair highlighted for the first time ever and I liked it but made Tuey take the foil off sooner than he was supposed to because it was irritating. But the results were nice and no ill repercussions and it has been 6 months so I thought maybe I would try again. I will see what Tuey thinks. My derm David said it was OK but haha what does he know about highlighting and it was David who said oh you're getting gray as he was examining my scalp a few months ago hahaha. But we will see. I keep vacillating b/w yes and no and truth be told since I wear my hair back most people don't see the gray but I would not mind a change. Does that make sense? I haven't put any dye on my hair/scalp for over a year and the highlighting process last September was the last hair process I had. I will tell you that the Herbatint color I used in the past isn't really natural but it has less concentration of the harmful ingredients but any hair color is something to be careful of when you have multiple sensitivities. FYI. I am not saying I wouldn't do the Herbatint again but just it's been a long time. The highlighting I liked because it lasts so long and sort of lets the grays grow in so gradually. But it is not good for the hair so there is the conundrum.

I am cutting a few inches off at least (very scraggly with split ends any my hair needs help) and maybe more we will see...
(excuse the nightgown pic please)

backofhairprecutmarch2018.jpg

Happy Friday all!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Makes perfect sense Missy. A change is nice sometimes. Hope it comes out gorgeous just like you want it and keeping my fingers crossed, no sensitivity. hope you'll show us :D

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Missy your hair looks great! But my scalp has had issues too, starting with bald patches and sores, ok yuck. That fortunately went away after a few years but then came the hair loss. I cut mine a lot in December, maybe like three inches because due to the extreme hair loss for like two years the ends were thin like a straw. I need to get it cut again. The hairloss is lesser now and my hair looks better.

I asked my mom about the supplements too. I too am hesitant about taking anything, paranoid if you may say but I can have the weirdest side effects from anything and with autoimmune problems best to avoid anything you do not know.

She said many people love these supplements but you really have to have the correct diagnosis. Hashimoto was hers with the thyroid and I suspect mine is exactly that but I totally understand if you are leery of anything.

So weird to be back working. The weather is finally nice though, whew what a change. During the coldest weather I had to run around to see clients and also it snowed like crazy during Purim. Never had this before in Mediterranean Europe this time of the year.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

CJ--Miss Mousey looks like she has something interesting to say! What a darling!:love:

Sunstorm: glad you are feeling better. Hope your new coat and boots served you well on your travels. I'd love to visit Budapest!!

Stay safe and warm MIssy and JuneB. Our temps are actually predicted to be up to +13 this week, but with our record lows....I'll believe it when I see it. I am hopeful!

Hang in there PB and Marcy. Work is called work for a reason, eh? We all seem to share the same challenges--whether it is people, workload, or job satisfaction.

I am working like mad these days. I am search for a family holiday today as I booked off work--we are in desperate need of some sun and fun. Also I think we plan to test drive the Macan today--my DH took the day off as well.

:wavey: NIRDIs.

cheer--Sharon

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello girls!
Happy Friday! :) Furbaby T is doing better every day! Yippi! I have taken him to the vet every morning since he was allowed to come home! One of my close friends is a vet, so she is helping me make sure he is getting every test in the book and then some... LOL. She is a true sweetheart!
My surgery is actually scheduled for next Friday, but I think I'll postpone. Otherwise, I'll ruin Easter for the children, I'm not allowed to do anything for 14 days after surgery, and we really want to go to our cabin for Easter to go cross country skiing. Oh well. I had a PT session this morning, I'm getting better. LOL. Lifted 132 pounds (60 kg) in deadlift. First time I have been able to lift more than I weigh. LOL. PT is nice, so he pretended to be proud of me.
@marcy, I'm sorry work is so annoying these days, I really do think you deserve better. But then again, every morning I can't wait to log on to see what your crazy people have been up to LOL.
@missy, please send me a message when you hear anything, I keep thinking about you and hope for good news! Hate your hair, it is way too nice... and thick... and has curls... Did I mention that I really don't like you that much...? LOL
@Jimmianne, make a trip of it! You can stop by me on your way to @Austina or you two can meet up here!
@June, you are never boring, just nice. And nice is nice. Don't you forget it ;-)
@Austina, a hair picture for us?
@CJ2008 Love reading about Mousey!

P

PierreBear

Thank goodness for Friday! I’m seeing a bit of a light at the end of the tunnel but going to give it one more push before next week when I sync up with the new boss and present him my ideas. Also want to set “boundaries” on the part-time job. Not sure if I and they have the right expectations… I was envisioning being a supporting role to the person doing it now… so maybe I’ve just been cracking my own whip too hard and trying to get through the learning curve too fast.

Anyhow, we are trying to plan some fun things this weekend like planting trees. Also, next week is our 9 year anniversary and we are hosting a meal at our place with some friends. I’ve got a meal planned and we are going to a specialty cheese shop to look for 9 different cheese to share with everyone. Hahaha cheessyyy but couldn’t resist. Maybe DH will let me wear my ring??!!

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoy a wonderful upcoming weekend. Weather here is up and down and up and down… 90 F on Saturday and then back to 60 F on Sunday.

@Austina – Way to treat yourself with a hair appointment. How about getting some nails done too? Plus a massage? Hehehe… tell your DH we said so because you earned it!

@junebug17 – Saw that you are running and training for your race. I’m pretty much a jogger too compared to other people’s speed. I always pretend that perhaps I’m just running a longer distance. No injuries so far and enjoying being outside?

@marcy – Whaattt a ticket for going approximately 10 over. Did he try to talk the officer out of it? What a bummer…. Hope it didn’t ruin your evening.

@Sunstorm – Glad you had a great trip!

@missy – I’m behind on all your kitchen renovations. Is it coming soon where you get to do the big reveal and lounge in your new space?! Hope the GC and the wife are treating ya’ll well. Hope the health isn’t causing you stress.

@CJ2008 – Your cat is adorable!!! Look at the beautiful coloring!

@canuk-gal – Thanks for the reminder that things are supposed to be hard. Sorry to hear that you are putting in some long hours too. Where do you plan to vacation? OOhhh you are interested in the Porsche too? Have fun!!!! @junebug17 – did you just get yours already?

@Scandinavian – I think you must be superwoman. Way to go on lifting! I’m sure you are looking great. Feel free to show some before and after shots so I can look at it before I consider eating some more cookies or chocolates next time.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

PierreB--I hope I did not sound rude or insensitive! I am mortified! I only meant that I relate to working long hours with hard work--and that it is often no fun. And like Marcy--often shake my head at colleagues poor performance.

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls! Hope everyone is enjoying a wonderful Friday! Just wanted to say thanks for all the love and caring. I appreciate it so much.

Just got back from Tuey and having a lovely late lunch and as we were walking in the door the Endocrinologist called me and said my TPO is borderline but at least I was negative for Thyroglobulin antibodies so I am relieved about that. She said just to monitor it. She is not computerized so that's a bit frustrating as I would like to have copies of the results and she is now gone for the day till Tuesday so I will call Tuesday and leave a message for her to please fax a copy to me. She runs her office quite oddly. I am probably going to keep an appointment with another endocrinologist end of this month since I was waiting for that appointment for a while and since I am borderline and get his opinion. As for now I am going to just relax and enjoy our weekend.

@missy, please send me a message when you hear anything, I keep thinking about you and hope for good news! Hate your hair, it is way too nice... and thick... and has curls... Did I mention that I really don't like you that much...? LOL

Haha right back at ya beautiful girl.:love: So happy to hear you are doing well and woohoo to lifting more than your body weight. Haha I cannot even lift Bobby cat :P2 I need to build my muscles! Come here and train me OK:whistle: Sorry your surgery is at an inopportune time but I feel you should keep the date unless rescheduling it is easy. Your kids and dh would want you to be safe above all else and if you take care of yourself you will be able to take care of them so please do the smartest thing OK and if you deem it safe to postpone and getting another surgery date easy then I am onboard. Hugs!

As for thick hair no I dont think so but Tuey said he feels I have the same amount as last year and though it is fine he feels the volume is good. SO hoping he is right! He highlighted and tried covering my grays. They are quite resistant. C'est la vie.

Makes perfect sense Missy. A change is nice sometimes. Hope it comes out gorgeous just like you want it and keeping my fingers crossed, no sensitivity. hope you'll show us :D

Here ya go CJ. Silly pics below.
I am pleased with the color and Tuey cut a few inches off to clean it up.

First he cut it dry. Before the color after the cut.

beforecoloraftercut.jpg

Then he highlighted it

highlightingprocess.jpeg

Hahaha look so silly :lol:

highlightinginprocess.jpg

tueyandmissymarch2018.jpg

Final result

gregandmissyattuey.jpg

Missy your hair looks great! But my scalp has had issues too, starting with bald patches and sores, ok yuck. That fortunately went away after a few years but then came the hair loss. I cut mine a lot in December, maybe like three inches because due to the extreme hair loss for like two years the ends were thin like a straw. I need to get it cut again. The hairloss is lesser now and my hair looks better.

I asked my mom about the supplements too. I too am hesitant about taking anything, paranoid if you may say but I can have the weirdest side effects from anything and with autoimmune problems best to avoid anything you do not know.

She said many people love these supplements but you really have to have the correct diagnosis. Hashimoto was hers with the thyroid and I suspect mine is exactly that but I totally understand if you are leery of anything.

So weird to be back working. The weather is finally nice though, whew what a change. During the coldest weather I had to run around to see clients and also it snowed like crazy during Purim. Never had this before in Mediterranean Europe this time of the year.

Sunstorm thanks for asking your mom about the supplements. It's so hard to know the right thing to do and especially when we are not confident in our specialists. My diagnosis is Hashimoto's too. Does your mom take thyroid meds for hers or just natural supplements? You are so lucky your mom is in the field and so knowledgeable too. Sorry your scalp had issues but glad that is resolved and I feel your pain on the hair loss. I am so happy your hair loss is resolving! As women it can be quite devastating. And my eyebrow mystery continues and is a pain in my you know what. Literally a pain. But oh well putting it in perspective and I am feeling OK about it all.

Wow it snowed a lot during Purim. That is not usual. Glad your weather is nice by you now.

@missy – I’m behind on all your kitchen renovations. Is it coming soon where you get to do the big reveal and lounge in your new space?! Hope the GC and the wife are treating ya’ll well. Hope the health isn’t causing you stress.

Not yet PB! Greg is dealing with the GC's wife and all her nonsense. He said to me today after the latest fiasco with her that talking to her is like talking to a petulant 4 year old. She is seriously challenged.
Hope you have a fantastic relaxing rejuvenating weekend. You had a challenging week. Hugs.

I am working like mad these days. I am search for a family holiday today as I booked off work--we are in desperate need of some sun and fun. Also I think we plan to test drive the Macan today--my DH took the day off as well.

Ooh this sounds like so much fun Sharon! Enjoy the test drive. I cannot wait to see where you are planning your next family vacation. And please don't work too hard. I am glad you enjoy what you are doing and I know you are helping so many with your skills and dedication. Hugs.

Have a good night girls.:wavey:

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You look beautiful missy. And of course love to see the picture of you and Greg, and love the picture of you and Tuey, too, he looks like he's super nice, and the white hair looks great on him.

Thanks for sharing these lovely pictures.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy you are so beautiful. Even with your hair up in foil. It lets me know that any length or style would look great on you. I hope you don't mind me saying so.
I love your portrait-worthy photo with Tuey.

Way to go with the running, June!

Happy anniversary PBear! I hope you get to wear your ring. How can you stand waiting?!!

I had a 2 1/2 hour french lesson yesterday!
With an 83 year old Aussie expat and a young Frenchman learning English. It was wonderful, lots of laughing as we tried to communicate. We would talk to him in french and he would respond in English. Then we would help each other.
My French is still horrible but my confidence is up.
Yesterday I went alone to a construction company to make an appointment for them to come measure my house for a new door. Sounds straightforward but was actually a bit of a complicated interaction, but ...somehow... success! And for the first time, the salesperson in the furniture store I often visit understood me. She complimented my progress.
Color me amazed.

Austina, I don't know where the Surry folks live exactly.
Someday we may have that European GTG!
Scandi too : )
And maybe get some other NIRDIs to make the trip. Wouldn't that be fun.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Happy Caturday Saturday.:wavey:

CJ and Jimmianne aww thank you. You guys are biased but I appreciate your generous comments. And I feel the same way about you too.

CJ, Tuey and I have been friends since the 1980s can you believe it? Time goes so quickly. He had dark hair in those days and so did I :lol:
Sent you a revised version this AM by the way. I got up early. Hope it's what you want!

Jimmianne, I think you are too modest and I bet you speak french like a champ.
Parle français comme un champion. :halo:
And yay for a successful measuring. Cannot wait to see what you chose...you know we want pics right?:sun:

Junie when is your car arriving? Did I miss it? Cannot wait for our, oops, I mean your, car.:bigsmile:

Sharon hope your warm up is on...someone should be warm and comfortable and it doesnt look like we will be anytime soon in the NE. 8) Let's just say I will be snuggling with the kitties and my dh for the foreseeable future.:lol:

Have a lovely day girls. And (((Hugs))).

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Happy weekend :dance:

Mousey has such a sweet half & half face @CJ2008 I can’t believe she’s not been snapped up. I wish more people thought about a ‘pre-loved’ pet rather than just going for the cute kitten/puppy. Or in our cases, a not so pre-loved pet. We adored our other dogs, but Dottie is certainly the most special because of all the hang ups she had when she came to us. All it’s taken is time and patience.

Wow 2 1/2 hours @Jimmianne, that’s certainly jumping in at the deep end, but one of the best ways to really get to grips with a language. A big bonus that you found it fun and makes it seem less like a formal lesson.

Yes! Definitely a European GTG :D

Any ideas where you might like to go @canuk-gal ? Somewhere warm sounds just the thing right now, although our temps are on the rise this week, and nowhere near as cold as it gets where you are.

Your hair’s turned out beautifully @missy, the colour looks so natural. You know, you always look so serene in your photos, despite all the health issues, your inner happy glow shines through.

Hi @Sunstorm welcome back from your trip. Hopefully now you can get your teeth issues sorted and get back to good health.

Oh no to Marty getting a ticket :-o Over here now, if you get caught speeding (depending on how much over the limit you are) you can take the points on your licence, or go and act suitably chastened at a ‘speed awareness’ course. :???: To getting another overgrown toddler to babysit! You must have the patience of a saint! Everything crossed for Marty today.

Arghh to more snow @junebug17 of course DH was away so you had to shovel it, isn’t that always the way! Is it interfering with your training, or do you run on a treadmill?

Surely DH will let you wear your ring @PierreBear, you need to make sure it doesn’t shrink, so regular wear is the only way to prevent this :mrgreen2:

Hi @Scandinavian way to go on lifting more that you weigh. We don’t have any elephants here for me to lift :lol:

Just for you, photos of my hair

9DFDEACE-B513-45DA-9145-603AE1C99BDD.jpeg D519D440-C7AE-4A77-8171-E58009480551.jpeg

Right, I’ve got to go and pack!

Have a great weekend lovelies :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina thank you my dear and right back at ya!
I LOVE your short bob. It's sassy and smart and sophisticated. LOVE it. Looks gorgeous on you.:love:
Have a safe trip and enjoy! If you feel like dropping into NYC let me know and I will make sure you have a wonderful visit here.:kiss::wavey:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @missy. We will one of these days, but our time will be pretty much booked this trip as I’m braving the drive to visit our friends in Annetta for a few days. They came to Adams last time, and he wasn’t best pleased that their puppy peed and pooped all over the carpets and jumped on the furniture. :shock: Less stressful for us all if we visit them, but I really appreciate your kind and generous offer.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning NIRDIs and Happy Saturday! :appl:

Missy - I've replied to your email. The poem is just so awesome I absolutely adore it and feel like Mousey's personality shines right through in it.

So was Tuey a haircutter that became a friend or a friend that became a haircutter?

Austina - your haircut is very cute, I've had that haircut before. I also have the same or a very similar! shirt.

I love what you said "not so pre-loved" pet.

Dottie is so lucky to have you.

LOL about lifting an elephant (needless to say I am laughing at the humor and not because I agree that is what you look like in any way shape or form! I often refer to myself as a Fluffy Marshmallow...)

Thanks Sharon for the compliments for Mousey. She really is a darling. How is your mom? Hope you took the Macan on a nice lengthy test drive and not the usual block and a half they sometimes want you to do. (or maybe that's only with cheap cars LOL)

PB she sure is cute. Did you have your Jefferson thing yet or is that the dinner that's coming up? Good for you on setting expectations with your new job/boss.

Glad to hear that Scandi because as I've previously stated my life is pretty boring and you will surely hear more! :D

Hi Jimmianne!

Hi marcy - hope you're having a nice weekend. (hope you haven't been kidnapped by the rabbits or the bears!)

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good Saturday girl! Hello from my phone! Just home from skiing with the kids (one of them has a tail lol).
@PierreBear I’m afraid the before-after is starting from “before” again after 2 months of sitting on the couch. But I’ll get there again! I think you train more than me though... I’m sure the part time will be wonderful with time, just needs to get «worked in to».
@Jimmianne sounds like you French is coming along wonderfully! My best French sentence is “je ne comprend pas, je ne parle pas français” LOL
@missy love the hair photos, so fun to join you in the process! Tuey is a sweetheart to let us! @marcy alive and well after your challenging week? You must be a saint to stay sane...
@Austina you look so nice! Love that bob!!! All you need to move an elephant is a tiny little mouse;-)
Hugs and merry weekend!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@CJ2008 hi! You posted whilst I was typing very slowly on my phone here, lol! Marshmallow! Lol! Made my day! That is how pale Scandi me looks 11 months of the year! (The last month = self tanner)
Hope you are having a good weekend!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Marty passed his test. Woo hoo! Thanks for all of your well wishes and support for him.

Sunstorm, I love the bright, sunny yellow diamond in your avatar. I’ve been wearing my yellow sapphire ring for the least few days. I am glad you have a nice time on your trip? I hope you do get your dream place in Budapest.

Missy, I saw where some McDonald’s even turned their “M” upside down yesterday for IWD. Oh no, I can’t believe you might get storm number 3 next weekend. It is like you are living in Wyoming. The first year we moved to our house we had a blizzard with at least 10” or more every Tuesday night and since we were the only house on this street I was stranded here for days. I think that Puff’s pendant would be very handy to us allergy sufferers. Darn that the doctor didn’t find anything definitive for you and hopefully you can get copies of the test results next week. Great pictures; your hair is beautiful. I love the picture of you and Greg; you are both very photogenic.

CJ, I think my Puff’s pendant would be very easy to make. A nice cord and a paper punch and I’m good to go. Let’s say I think I’m funny at work; what other people think I can’t say. I try to be careful with humor with my employees because you never know how someone might take something but I do tell them silly things. Hi cute Mousey! Mm pancakes. I did have some cookies on a plate for you earlier; Marty ate them though. How rude! Ha ha about being kidnapped by the rabbits; that rabbit with my $20 keeps following me around.

Sharon, I hope you do warm up a bit. We are in the 40’s or higher but are paying for it with really strong winds. Taking a trip for some sun and fun for the holidays would be really nice. I hope you did go test drive a Macan.

Scandi, glad to here T is doing well and has personal attention from your friend, the vet. Darn that you finally have a date for your surgery but will postpone it so you can enjoy Easter with your family. I hope they can move your date to sooner rather than later. I am glad you do look forward to what antics my employees come up with next; I keep going back to see what happens next.

PierreBear, good idea to get with your new boss and discuss boundaries and expectations. I like your idea of selecting 9 cheeses for a 9th anniversary celebration. LOL to it being cheesy. Happy 9th Anniversary to you and your DH. I personally would like to cast a vote for you to wear your gorgeous ring. 90 degrees there? We are no where near that here; what a surprise. Marty was stopped last fall and received a warning so that could be why he got the ticket. Marty gets rather grumpy when he gets a ticket which I am sure doesn’t help the situation. I am a yes sir, no sir, sorry sir person if I get pulled over. I didn’t nag at him or give him a hard time about the ticket because it could easily have been me.

Jimmianne, your French lesson sounds quite fun. That’s great your confidence is up. How cool you were able to go schedule an appointment to replace your door.

Austina, your hair looks really nice and do you know I have never taken a picture with my iPad? Marty actually did get a speeding ticket over there and they sent a warrant or something like that to his company since the tickets took forever to get here. His company took care of it; he likes to go fast. I bet you are excited for your trip?

My weekend hasn’t evolved like I planned but I am getting a lot done. The cleaning lady is coming tomorrow instead of today so I am working on laundry. I got up very early to see Marty off to his test then went grocery shopping. I went to get eggs and what i needed to make us tacos for lunch. I sure spent a lot of money though; ooh I need this and ooh that’s on sale. I got the cookies mixed up and chilling and made the mistake of checking my work email. I had to dial in a fix some problems; it took me close to 2 hours and Marty walked in the door right as I shut down my work laptop. I rolled out the cookies and got them baked then made lunch. My SIL is stopping by tomorrow with her new pickup and Marty will be heading to LA in the afternoon again.

I did log in and pay Marty’s speedy ticket. They charged us $7.44 to process it online but it saves going to the courthouse to pay and since they only take money orders or cashier’s checks by mail I’d rather have the receipt I can get online.

Next on my list - wash the tablecloth.
Have a fabulous weekend.
Marcy

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Marcy--ya for Marty!:appl: And yes, I drove the Macan. And loved it! I did not think I would! Unfortunately it is quite small (DH 6 4 and son a bit taller) and my DH didn't feel it had enough room for him. (we currently have a ML 550 huge!) Test drove the S4 today--and almost walked out with it. Those 360 horses MADE my DAY!:lol-2: We are still between the "replace SUV thing or getting a sedan". We really only need the space for DH's hockey junk and honestly do not need an SUV (not that we ever did).

We booked for Palm Spring today.:mrgreen2: If anyone wants to join us--come on down! March 19-29.

Warming up here and melting like mad. Big puddles everywhere and slush fest. Feast or famine.

CJ--test drove the vehicles a long time. Audi told me --it is YOUR drive! Porsche did same. Funny you should mention that--I said the very thing to my DH today! Acura took us around the block and it was lame.:snore:

Hello NIRDIs! Your hair looks great Missy and bonjour JimmieA:wavey:

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Oh and Scandi--I hope your furball is on the mend. I hugged a black lab puppy today on my walk and he was :P2chewing my glove. I died! :love:

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, I am glad to hear you liked the Macan. Darn your DH didn’t think he fit too well. Marty is 6’4” as well but he fits okay or maybe he just wanted me to get it that much. The S4 is nice. We were very happy with our A6 sedans. A trip to Palm Springs sounds fabulous!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results